Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Sep 30 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.5 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was). (Recently RoH was nerfed to only buff the casting priest's healing by 50% for it's duration- It just works as a delay for all other healers. It is still unequivocally the best talent for RBGs and BGs.) ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa15 Sep 30
46m shadow priests will we see a rework in this expac at all or atleast a tune up in 8.1?Rayvën15 46m
1h PTR more disc nerfs? Why =( Solace nerfed. Purge the wicked nerfed. Schism nerfed. =(Jøhnø18 1h
1h No SPriest changes on PTR Nothing but some Azerite Trait numbers boosting. No class tweaks or changes. No rework or anything like that. And with all the Blizzcon, Developer Q&A's and Store sales being pushed, etc. I don't think there is any room for SPriest changes. I'll be honest, I was waiting for 8.1 shadow priest changes. I am subscribbed but weeks go by and I don't play besides a little factioning because the races and classes are not in a state I want to play in. A state, by the way, which the developers agreed was a poor state. I also feel like I can't trust Blizzard when they say they will do things. In the past, it was SOON but I felt their intentions were in the right direction. Now I feel that they just blatantly lie to my face in Q&A and in any kind of news postings. I don't have any belief they are interested in shadow priests. In the latest Q&A they actually had a shadow priest question and they quickly moved on without answering. I bought BFA and I thought I was getting Zandalari soon during the pre-purchase. I really bought BFA to play my MM hunter (broken) and SPriest (broken) and to play a Zandalari druid (not available) and possibly Zandalari Monk (may not even be a class for Zandalari). I do not want changes to the flavor of classes. I wanted to play what I assumed was going to be reworked and changes of good intent. I can't trust this company anymore. I pay $15 a month for this service. A similar service I pay for is Sirius XM. They don't take away my favorite stations or changes the music on those stations. They don't promise stations or music which never come. They don't try to lock me into my contract for half a year at a time. Blizzard has become unscrupulous. I don't respect this company, I don't respect it's modus operandi and I am not happy with the service that has changed too much from why I initially subscribed. Zanadalari Druids are not enough to make me want to buy this service and I don't know when they will be released anyway.Laserhawk1 1h
1h Holy Talents: From Good, to Fantastic I was fairly happy with the switch to BFA for Holy, I didn't personally feel gutted at all, and they trimmed the fat with us using so many passive talents. Overall I'm satisfied with Holy right now, and the suggestions below are more so a "cutting the loose ends" type of deal instead of a "this spec is broken and needs fixed" type of change. Here are the stand out talents to me.. 15: Enduring Renewal is both boring, and rarely used. I can see what they were going for, but I feel like we could totally do with replacing this. 30: Angel's Mercy is just an artifact trait that they brought over from Legion- and was a trait I actually really liked. I do feel though that it would be much nicer baseline, since it makes it unique from the other defensive abilities. Perhaps upping the CD to 2 Mins, and adding the reset mechanic baseline? Perseverance is a neat idea, but frankly no one ever takes it because Angelic Feather is far too mandatory. I wont say to make feather baseline, but perhaps give Perseverance a movement speed bonus for using renew on yourself, maybe like 30% so its not a better version of feather? 45: Cosmic Ripple is fine, in all honesty. Its just a carry over from our artifact, but I don't think its bad to have some occasional "set and forget" talents for new players. The heal itself is kinda low, but its also free so one cant complain much. Afterlife is borderline useless, since without our leggo cloak, it provide no real value outside of very niche situations, I guess. 60: This row is honestly pretty versatile, no complaints here. I WOULD like to see Censure maybe passively increased the CD reduction from Smite back to 6 second, since it really helps make world content not a drag to do similar to Legion. (Id like 8 seconds honestly, but I wont be greedy :>) 75: This row is a fantastic example of 3 good choices. When you see forum posts asking which is best, and the opinions are pretty split 3 ways, it goes to show that all 3 talents have uses. I will say that as a lover of Circle of Healing, would it be too much to ask for maybe a 2 sec CD reduction on Sanctify? Pretty please? 90: Benediction is a fantastic and effective set and forget talent, with Halo being IMO, one of the coolest looking abilities in the game. Divine Star however, just feels too niche and boring in my opinion. Its often taken for Mythics purely because Halo is dangerous when it comes to accidental pulls, and Benediction not really giving too much value as renew itself is not much help with the nature of M+s. I'm not saying D-star is bad per say, but I do feel it could be replaced with a more interesting ability that fulfills a similar role. 100: Again, a fantastic row. Salvation is a really neat and unique raid cooldown, so much so that I would not say no to making it baseline, maybe lowering the cooldown to 10 mins so that it is up every 3 minutes or so, and removing Divine Hymn. Hymn was cool in Legion when it bounced your prayer of mending stacks around, but without that its basically just a boring, golden tranquility. Light of the Naaru is a great passive, and I certainly wouldn't call for its removal. Apotheosis is also both cool looking, and versatile (back in Legion, it was great for burst damage with chastise and smite!) All in all, the main changes I would LOVE to see (and this is all personal opinion, of course), would be to replace Enduring Renewal with perhaps giving you multiple charges for Holy Fire, and maybe allow it to stack more. I actually saw this idea from another poster here, and while I don't remember his name, he definitely deserves credit for this one. Angel's Mercy (should they make the reset CD on Desp. prayer a baseline) could be changed to give fade a damage reduction of some sort. Perhaps have it give you a temporary shield of sort that only lasts for 5 seconds or so, and you could balance the size of the shield with perhaps a higher CD on Fade to compensate if need be. Afterlife could totally be replaced with the artifact trait that gave both your target, as well as yourself a Guardian Spirit. I wouldn't add this to Guardian Angel, as I personally feel it is strong enough on its own in mythics, and having both effects may make it too strong. Censure, as noted above, should also give us back the higher CD reduction from Smite that we had in Legion, if they refuse to but it back baseline. Divine Star could be replaced with a more damage oriented talent- perhaps something akin to "Holy Word: Sanctify now does x damage to enemies, in addition to its heal. Also, Holy Nova reduces the CD of Sanctify by x seconds IF it hits x or more enemies". This allows Holy Nova to be more useful than it currently is, and can reward aggressive placement in dungeons, as well as make solo content less painful for multiple mobs. The needing to hit x enemies will help make it not abusable in raid fights to quickly reduce Sanctify. That just about covers it, id be interested in hearing what others have to say about it. TY for reading my novel! :> TL;DR- Remove boring and borderline useless talents, give more damage talents for mythics and a tad more utility/defensives!Aryys6 1h
1h WoW Reading Material Can anyone recommend some additional books by Blizz? I am almost done reading the 2 page epic, "Blizzard's Guide to Listening to Class Feedback"...Shadowpewpu0 1h
2h Shadow DPS, needed stat change Easy fix to shadow dps................ buff haste, no DOT class in the history of wow has had its defining class damage characteristics be halted as bad as Shadow...... fix haste scaling pls and scale down mastery.Villainz9 2h
2h Holy priest talent question (for Uldir raid) Pretty much every guide i am looking at says at level 75 take binding heal and have it replace your heal spell for raids. My question is why though? Heal as a spell costs 500 less mana, heals more than double the amount and the only draw backs is its long cast time and only healing a single target.Evelira21 2h
3h Surrender to Madness Viability Is there some resource or something out there where someone has actually seriously tried testing out surrender to madness? In theory, I would think that running auspicious spirits / chorus of insanity / lingering insanity / StM would put out some really insane damage for the 90 seconds that it is up and after it fades. I can't imagine it is very difficult to to stay in voidform for the whole 60 seconds, so Chorus and Lingering SHOULD be giving you just unreasonable amounts of haste and crit to get you through the 30 seconds without any insanity generation. IDK, anyone out there done any testing? Pretty disappointed in the community resources available right now for shadow priests. WoWHead and icy-veins both seem to be a little out of touch with what the top tier priests are doing and questions like this don't seem to be answered. I mean, I'm sure no one plays StM beccause at some point someone ran the sims to figure it out but... where are the sims?? has it changed?? Anyone willing to give it a shot??Loblo11 3h
3h Disc smite + mitigation interaction? I was wondering if the damage absorb applied by smite worked before or after tank mitigation. Does anyone know that offhand?Chawmp4 3h
3h Bai Gurl Came back to wow after a break (started in Vanilla) and was liking Disc. Nerf bat due to whining from other classes while rogues continually get buffed, resto druids almost never run out of mana, execute annihilates everything, and fire spec mages can burn someone down in 5 seconds. I have to say I'm hugely disappointed with the pvp damage reduction nerf and mana regen nerf, enough so that it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I don't recognize much of what made WoW fun in the first place anymore (predominantly friendly player base, interesting raid content, meaningful questlines, and a loot system that wasn't designed to stretch content so Bliz can get $ and give reduced content). All good things come to an end I suppose. tldr: ragequit, dear Bliz, Bye FeliciaProteu070FEA5 3h
4h high heals but low damage (disc log help) Greetings my priestly friends. I'm trying to analyze tonight's heroic log and there is something I can't wrap my head around. I was consistently 75th percentile or above in healing while also being extremely low on the damage percentile. I know I shouldnt be focusing on damage of course, but if there is something Im doing wrong damage wise, it would affect my healing throughput. Just look at these numbers, it doesn't add up! Taloc Heal: 75 Damage: 20 MOTHER Heal: 89 Damage: 27 Fetid Heal: 84 Damage: 28 Vectis Heal: 90 Damage: 18 Here is the entire log for tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/X2WxpPYg7FTMLjtm/ I am the priest, Shion. Any expert discs out there able to beam some light on this mystery? And is it something I can fix to improve my healing throughput?Lagspike7 4h
5h Disc Priest Interrupt Should we get an interrupt? Resto shaman has wind shear, hex, and capacitor totem, Paladin has hammer of justice, druid has up to two different interrupts *3 can be talented depending on what you want, and Holy priest does have Chastise. Currently we are the only healing spec with no interrupt available to us.Netheara16 5h
6h Is Shadow Priest actually *that* bad? Affliction isn't what it used to be, sadly. It feels less like a DoT spec and more like a...burst spec? I dunno. I've started looking at more spriest stuff because I miss having a DoT caster. Even if shadow priest single target damage is lacking, it looks like it has a ton of utility and offhealing, and great AoE, and viable in PvP as well.Gravus56 6h
13h i wish the silence on shadow meant anything something on the level of removing voidform, a substantial rework but this is blizzard, they probably have absolutely nothingCendalan16 13h
18h What race for an alliance priest? Can't figure out between female Draenei or Human. Which looks better in and game armor? Which facials are better?Leif23 18h
20h 2018 - Rate That Priest Mog #1 Just continuing this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757497808?page=26 @ Inhell Sexy and elegant. 9/10Theola307 20h
21h Your favorite thing about being a priest? So, being relatively new to the class(2 weeks and counting) I've become a bit fanatical with my priest and so I would love to hear from you! What do you love about being a priest? What makes you stay with the class? I'll start. 1. Divine Star and Holy Nova are by far my favorite spells in the whole game. That moment when you're out farming CoA quests, see a tank doing his own thing and figure you could help both of you finish the quest quicker so you go and drag everything in sight right on top of that tank before proceeding to spam a combination of Divine Star and Holy Nova while keeping the tank healed is such a fantastic feeling... The sights... The sounds...so satisfying. 2. The queue times are great! 3. Helping random people out in the open world. I enjoy throwing PW:F on random people I come across out in the open world. I love coming up on someone in need of help and healing them up to full health so they can do what they need to do or saving some random player the agony of a corpse run by resurrection, heal and a complimentary PW:F to make their day easier. 4. Island expeditions in a support role... Just makes everything go by so much more efficiently and so much faster.Delini57 21h
21h Shadow priest lore question Hey guys, I’m just curious as to where shadow priest really fit in story wise in the game. Are we basically just void mages using our dark power similar or warlocks for a good cause?Divinexdeath6 21h
21h Shadow Priests in Mythic+ Just a few thoughts on spriest in M+ at the moment and what changes I think might help. Battle rez: We are competing for spots with moonkins and warlocks but don't offer nearly the utility and don't have a rez. More rezzes available on dps classes also helps non-druid healers and non-DK tanks. More single target damage: This could come from a few places. One, I like the idea of our DoTs doing more damage if they're only applied to one target, since that would offer some niche uses outside of solely single target situations and this isn't hurt by our mobility issues. Or two, another mind flay buff. The last one should have been like 50% not 10%. Or three, a large buff to Mind Blast/Shadow Word: Void. Utility: Mind Sear needs to apply a slow like Mind Flay does. I would like both Mind Flay and Mind Sear to apply a stacking debuff that slows the target for X seconds per tick after the channel is done so you don't have to be spamming it into the mob or pack to get the slow. Utility: Mind Bomb is garbage. I understand not wanting a lot of AoE stuns but taking ours (and warriors') away is pretty annoying considering we're barely a thing at the moment. This needs to either be instant cast so I can actually use it to interrupt without predicting the future, or it needs to not break on damage and be shorter duration. Survivability: Dispersion needs to be better. Please buff the classes that are at the bottom of the tier in M+ and don't let it be dominated by a few for the entire expansion. We were already not great at the end of Legion and this just continues now. 60% of the dps players that have cleared a +15 in time are rogues, demon hunters, or mages (https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-bfa-1/all/world/leaderboards-strict#role=dps:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=15:maxMythicLevel=99). That is unacceptable.Kerek7 21h
21h Holy Priest Needs a defensive, the survivability is so bad in high keys.Rejuvenation10 21h
1d Does disc mastery affect attonement heals? So what I mean is will doing damage with smite/penance heal for more if I get more mastery? Or does it only affect my healing spellsBigbilly21 1d
1d How to Maybe Rework Voidform Before I start, let me preface this by saying this isn't necessarily my idea. Much of this comes from the State of Shadow thread on the general Items and Classes forum. I decided though, after everything that's going on with Shadow Priest, I should pitch in with my own thoughts for how to fix this spec without having to completely remove Voidform and Insanity. Get a discussion goin' or something. We could make them into a heat mechanic. Now, lemme just say, I LOVE the Lovecraftian flavor of this spec. It's one of the primary reasons I adore it so much. We tap into ancient, dark, and incomprehensible powers, straying close to the domain of the Old Gods as we reach "terrifying new limits" from our own madness. With it, we eradicate our enemies and send them to the abyss. It's a class fantasy unlike any other, and it was why I was actually excited for when Voidform was revealed in Legion. However, now-a-days, it feels like we're doing the exact opposite. Not only is our rotation a clunky abhorrent mess and our numbers middle-of-the-road at best in virtually all forms of content, but we're a joke in PvP as punching bags that hobble away at 30% movement speed from a melee training us to death. This class is not in a good spot for a myriad of reasons I won't bother repeating here. But there may be fixes for it. Here me out, this'll be a ride. -- Basic Gist -- First things first. Scrap the need to ramp to Voidform and allow players to get into it on-demand with a short cooldown. Activating it will instantly raise you to 50 Insanity. Change Voidform to have it generate Insanity as it stays up instead of drain it, steadily increasing in how much. As your Insanity rises while in this form, your haste increases by a steady amount and caps at 100 Insanity. Any Insanity you gain past the cap will cause damage to yourself. Then, change Mind Blast and other Insanity generators so that they no longer generate Insanity. Next, provide us an ability that helps us "cool" Insanity and reduces it, something like Devouring Plague and/or Mind Spike perhaps. When exiting Voidform (which is now manual and off the GCD), the Insanity generation you had will rapidly "cool off" and decay until coming to a stop. This will start the cooldown and make you briefly immune to self-damage from Insanity overcapping. This will not only make Voidform a much smoother ability to transition in and out of, you'll have a choice when and where you want to drop out. It will even lead to it being a lot more fitting, in my honest opinion. It never made sense to me that you're fighting to stay insane. You'll essentially, with this, be dancing at high Insanity and reaping the rewards, all the while taking a risk in doing so. -- Ability Changes -- Voidform: Void Eruption removed. Instant. Activates a form which generates Insanity over time, increasing with duration and rapidly decaying once deactivated. Insanity in this form will grant a directly proportional amount of Haste. Generating more Insanity than the cap will cause significant self-damage. Shadow Word: Pain: No longer generates Insanity. Vampiric Touch: No longer generates Insanity. Has its healing buffed. Mind Flay: No longer generates Insanity. Now castable while moving, has a chance to summon a void tendril that also channels Mind Flay, and refreshes the duration of Shadow Word: Pain on the target. Mind Sear: No longer generates Insanity. Also castable while moving and refreshes the duration of Shadow Word: Pain on all damaged targets. Mind Blast: No longer generates Insanity. Causes a healing debuff on the target and inflicts a slow for a couple of seconds. Mind Spike: Returning ability that tosses Void Bolt out the window. Instant and spends some Insanity, dealing some damage and embedding a spike in an enemy. This spike is detonated by Mind Blast or Shadow Word: Death, dealing more damage (with a bit of cleave) and adding some extra duration to your DoTs on the target. Devouring Plague: Returning ability. Instant and spends all Insanity, inflicting a powerful DoT that deals damage according to Insanity spent. Siphons a significant amount of health from the target. Limit 1 target. Shadow Crash: Baseline. Spends some Insanity. Instead of at a target location, this follows your current target and then deals heavy AoE damage around them. Also adds some extra duration to the DoTs you have afflicted the damaged targets with. Shadow Word: Death: Baseline once again. Mania: This talent, but now made baseline. And that's just what I had off the top of my head. Definitely needs tweaking, but I figure this is a good start. So, as for cooldowns... Shadowfiend: Same as before, but maybe has a shorter cooldown? Vampiric Embrace: Also the same, but perhaps heals for just a bit more. Dispersion: Now not only reduces 90% of damage taken, but ALSO makes the caster invisible for its duration! Essentially letting you reposition in PvP and confuse a melee. Psychic Scream: Also clears roots and snares from the caster to make an escape easier. Psychic Horror: Still a talent perhaps, but also disarms a melee for a period of time like it did in the past. Spectral Guise: Back again as a talent. Please. I want this in my life.Llanagrim2 1d
1d can't cancel void form? i don't see a way to cancel void form and when you're in arena/bg it's not very often it's worth activating void form in the first place but i do sometimes to secure kills, but after that it's not worth losing the tank-i-ness for the small increase of damage void form offers. is there a way to cancel void form i'm not seeing other than just not attacking and waiting for it to end? EDIT: posted this in general but i figured i should post it to a crowd that experiences the same thing.Lht4 1d
1d Question on Healing Absorbs/Atonement If your target has a healing absorb, does a power word: shield reduce the absorb like a direct heal would? Also, if you have atonement on someone and your damage dealt is absorbed, does that mean your atonement doesn't heal at all? I just ran the last boss of underrot with that and it would make the fight a little awkward.Tennere2 1d
1d Just Throwing Ideas Out There.. It's probably too late for Blizzard to implement any ideas from the community on what to do with Shadow since they likely already have some system roughed out. But just to put my ideas into the universe. Rough numbers. Mostly just putting the concepts out there. Mastery: Void Harness Your Void Form increases your shadow damage by an additional x%. While in Void Form, your insanity drains x% slower. The decreased speed of insanity drain could be tuned to give us 4 to 6 more seconds in Void Form. Not sure what that would look like percent-wise. Then make Void Bolt the activation spell for Void Form. While not in Void Form, give it the same cast time as Void Eruption and make it instant while in Void Form. Reduce the damage of Void Eruption and make it instant cast. While in Void Form we gain charges of Void Eruption. Maybe give it a max of 3 charges so they can be banked for burst AoE situations. A charge can be gained: Every 10 stacks of Void Form. (would encourage talents like Void Torrent) -or- Every 200 insanity drained. -or- Every 100 insanity generated. Whatever works best for balancing. One of the problems I'm having with Shadow is the conflict between using Void Eruption either near the end of a trash pull or, during a boss fight like 10 seconds before adds spawn, or saving it for the next pack or when adds will spawn and wasting the insanity generated while waiting. Granting charges of Void Eruption while in Void Form alleviates that problem. Our current Mastery is basically a stronger Versatility that doesn't affect all of our abilities or give us damage reduction. While the x% Shadow Damage while in Void Form is also very similar, the decrease in insanity drain would be a nice flavor for it and the subsequent changes listed would encourage people to get into Void Form and stay in as long as possible. Thanks for reading.Katatu1 1d
2d Insanity Just visiting the family and getting bored and thinking about spriest changes. Would there be any value in having shadow priests start with full insanity? Like as soon as we drop combat it goes back to 100. Dot/VF then work as it does now. I know there’s some serious other issues. But gets rid of having to talent it. I’m a fan of void form. I think it’s unique and just needs some work. I just get so annoyed having to start from 0 insanity while every class blows me out of the water on pulls or instant pvp burst.Defyled3 2d
2d When will shadow deal damage? Asking for a friend, thanks.Belchanor11 2d
2d Dispersion Can we shadow please have dispersions legion heal again please? It's already the most neglected spec this expansion, show it some love please.Vynestra1 2d
2d Which healer to be? I’m posting here because I keep seeing either holy priest or resto Druid are the easiest but I’d like to see what you guys think. I want to start a healer but there’s a couple things. Which healer is the easiest to learn but still viable (if that counts for healers)? Also, do you have to use a mouse to play a healer? I can only play with one hand but I have a razer Tartarus gamepad which makes dpsing not really hard at all (for healing I can keybind like Target party 1,2,3,4).Tsumi3 2d
2d Priest Community The previous priest community has become neglected. I am creating a new one with the hopes to make this community grow. Where Priest can come and talk about what is going on with our class. Tips about what you have found helpful, and experiences you've learned from playing Priest. It's easy to focus on the negative and vent about frustrations, but this will be more helpful for us if we focus on how we can improve. Talk about talents you've never tried, and asking people who use them how they work. It would be cool to find a good community who loves playing Priest and refuses to change classes. Use this link to join: https://blizzard.com/invite/K9q5REgU7mVAuntyseptic3 2d
2d Levitate macro Hey all can anyone help me make a macro that will first remove current levitate buff, and second re-cast it on myself? I thought I had it figured out with the following but it seems to only re-cast levitate, or I just spam it to get what I want which isn't what I'm expecting. Basically, I love using this for "aiming" while I don't have flying in Legion areas. I jump off a high mountain, hit levitate, cancel when I'm over the target, then reapply. Be nice to have it all in one button if anyone can help. Thanks! /cancelaura Levitate /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help][@player]LevitateSnowstar7 2d
2d Binding Heal vs Circle of Healing Which of these (if either) would be more beneficial for Heroic - M0 - lower M+? Just got my second priest to 120, and wondering which would be better for starting out. I's been so long since this one started out that I don't even remember what I used on her >_<Ellwindris18 2d
2d Remote View Spell, Cool Glyph Idea. So I was Playing a round of AB today and guarding stables was very quite during this time, so I started Remote Viewing my team mates where the bigger battles where happening, I kept typing in /BG "KILL THE HEALERS FIRST, We have 1 person actually Focus targeting the Healers" and no was adjusting their strategy. Later on I left stables to go Heal for a few battles at other bases and when I noticed the healers health not going down at all I started to say "KILL THE HEALERS FIRST" again but this time in /s and the response time was remarkably better. This happened is multiply different Random BG Ques. It kind of makes sense, It is much easier to see a speech bubble that is announced on top of your target and yourself and close to where all your damage numbers are popping saying "KILL THE HEALERS FIRST DAMNIT!" Rather that down in the Chat window with all the the other /bg messages popping up. ANNNYWAAYY. Here is my Suggestion, Blizz, Please Create a Glyph for the Priest Spell Remote View that whatever target you use your Remote View spell on your /s messages will be announced in that area as well as the area your casting it from. That would be the coolest jazz and could be very helpful in strategic play.Gillee0 2d
2d Shadow priest in bfa = lol I Must say.. Shadow priest Is looking so damm awful in pvp for bfa. Much worse than live 1.Squishiest class with mediocre damage. 2.no More healing from dispersion. 3. Shadow word death Is a talent. 4. Void Torrent Is a talent as well. 5. Longest ramp up damage. What else could be worse? Have fun being trained by rogues and warriors. Unless you give up and embrace the lightside (healing)Mandrius102 2d
2d mind harvent azerite trait How do i get more pieces of armor with this trait?Biigmike1 2d
2d Are addones necessary in arenas? Hello, I just hit 120 with this disc priest yesterday and I've had fun in arenas but do people use any addons to help out? I've just been clicking on portraits and casting heals but sometimes I think there may be a better way? Thanks.Discipulus2 2d
3d renew Is renew worth using? does it scale with anything?Finnikan10 3d
3d New healer looking for some advice Been playing since vanilla and somehow I have never played a healer. I am bored to tears of every other job and figured maybe healing could be the magic potion that could re energize my love for the game. I just dinged 120 and before I jumped into dungeons I wanted to make sure I was prepared. The two main things I am wondering about is what are the major differences between when you want to play Disc or Holy. Spellwise I think the holy spells appeal more to me but I have heard that Disc is very strong as well. How effective are both specs in M+ up to 10 or heroic raiding? The other thing is what kind of healing addons I need. It seems like there are 4 or 5 major healer addons that everyone claims is the best. I'm sure they all have unique positives but for me I think the simplest would be the best for now until I get the hang of healing. The ones I have been looking at are Healbot, Vuhdu, Grid and Clique. If anyone that has experience with these addons could give me a quick rundown on what makes them useful and which might be best for a brand new healer. Besides unit frame addon are there any other hidden gems out there that help make healing better? Thanks for any information I am pretty excited at trying something completely new. I will do my best not to shame the good name of priests. :)Butterscotch6 3d
3d Mind Spike? Didn't spriest used to have mind spike for nuking trash? Whatever happened with that?Jakodio4 3d
3d Macro for Minion of Zul Anyone have a good macro for the Zul fight? Obviously targeting later on in fight when mass dispel is still on cool down. Thank you.Jakaan4 3d
3d Minions of Zul-Spawn Do they spawn in the same place or is there a way to know where they will spawn?Porscha3 3d
3d Shadow WILL NOT be changed in 8.1. Isn't it obvious by now? The developers are apathetic. They have not communicated to the shadow priest community in over three months. In the last SEVEN weeks we have been buffed twice, once for a 3-5% overall damage increase, and the troll 1% overall damage buff last week. Other specs have gotten larger buffs across the board REPEATEDLY. The devs have been communicating to shamans and posted PTR changes. The devs addressed feral's biggest concerns 2 weeks out from launch. No, shadow isn't going to get "fixed" in 8.1. I don't even expect meaningful numbers tuning. The spec is for casuals (who don't care about "higher" content) and benchwarmers now and will be for at least another 5-6 months.Zubdub34 3d
3d No changes to shadow priest in 8.1 Blizzard's silence or lack of blue post acknowledgement is a clear sign that we should not expect changes to shadow priest in the upcoming patch. If they did, they would have been proud to say or mention it. They probably don't read the priest forums at all, however, the good news is we may have a chance to be fixed next expansion. Meanwhile, suck it up and live with poor dps and get rejected from mythic raids and M+ runs or reroll to be a rogue. Blizzard probably be thinking...buffing priest dps now is too complicated and why not just keep silent? Silence always works. Btw priest damage is not okay, it's horrible. Extremely horrible. Don't comfort yourselves with that Blizzard.Nakefews21 3d
4d How do you beat a Melee in a duel Is this a thing that even the best Spriest can do or do I not have a chance in hell?Sweatysci21 4d
4d Power word: shield shadow glyph? Please? It's the only holy themed spell I have in an entire book of shadow magic and it's not a spell I can just ignore lol. Putting a purple hue on it would be super easyVynestra6 4d
4d Hey Priests, question about 8.1 I heard holy buffs are on the horizon, but I don't know how to check. I searched holy buffs on here and got posts from 2016. Do any of you know what someone would be talking about if they said changes for holy were upcoming? Edit: Specifically for PVP!Elanar4 4d
4d Disc + light prism in Island Expeditions It's delightfully broken. Throw some shields out and start spamming Holy Nova, and you're the top DPS by a country mile. I've hit 70k DPS during medium sized mob pulls. Around 15k single target DPS in 341 gear. It's awesome sauce.Strugglesnug10 4d
4d M+ Freehold Disc Healing I literally cannot outheal/shield the 2nd boss in Freehold. I really don't know if it's my rotations or anything but on an M11 key where everyone is over ilvl370, Eudora literally shoots people for half their health and I find it really difficult to top off the damage. Anyone been able to get through this as disc?Fendris3 4d