Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Sep 30 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.5 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was). (Recently RoH was nerfed to only buff the casting priest's healing by 50% for it's duration- It just works as a delay for all other healers. It is still unequivocally the best talent for RBGs and BGs.) ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa15 Sep 30
Nov 15 how are shadow priests in mythics? ?Biigmike4 Nov 15
Nov 15 Priest staff users I dont like to stress the fact that the priest rocks, but he jus does, So, for all you staff users out there, feel free to come in and post, my staff is a good one, but here is how it goes 1. post message in the room 2. LOOK IT OVER 3. dont report anything, I might get in trouble :) and 4. Have fun!!!Judan12 Nov 15
Nov 15 8.1 Disc PvP feedback Wanted to give a little feedback in regards to disc in 8.1. I have been reading the notes for every patch and every time it feels like disc is getting more and more nerfed. my initial thoughts, alongside big WoW community's priest names like Hydramist was that discipline priest will be completely unviable come 8.1, and after that there hasn't been much discussion about it other than a "let's wait maybe they revert some of these things" which obviously hasn't happened this far, so I wanted to discuss everything here individually instead and give my full feedback (2900MMR 3v3 multi-priest gladiator) on everything Discipline 8.1. Let's start with the obvious: -16% damage from smite, pain(and PTW) and some other nerfs to Solace and Schism - These I don't think is something we, as discipline Priests, should worry much about. 3v3-wise Discipline Priest heals a lot more than deals damage, and you're usually only doing damage to help your team when going for the kill. That said, this can easily be handled if compensated by a buff to Attonement healing. I don't think Discipline Healing is currently very strong in 3v3 situations, it ooms too fast (especially if forced to spam heals) and doesn't have a particularly strong throughput outside of (traited)Radiance burst. That said, a massive damage nerf makes it so Discipline stays further behind in healing done. And now things get ugly: Attonement nerfed by 9.2% (from 60 to 55) - This hurts. I understand the PvE need for this, as Discipline Priests are overperforming in Mythic raid (and mythic raiding alone). This combined with the damage nerf makes it so Disc will be forced to heal more, going oom even faster than the current 2 to 3 minutes avarage. Weakened Soul - This was strictly a PvP nerf. Now Priests can't spam shield themselves when getting trained. This was probably thought about during the early days of 8.0 when everyone was low ilvl and Disc was 1v1ing people in world PvP. I don't think the game gains much from this, especially since Plea doesn't exist anymore. Spamming shield is already not the best strategy since the priest itself will go oom fast and the Absorb is neglectable, but its still needed especially when getting trained by melee. I'd suggest the return of Plea or a PW:S absorb Buff if weakened soul is to be kept as-is. PW:S mana increased by 8% - Another massive nerf but I see where they're going here. This is a PvE nerf for sure to make it so Disc Priests don't spam shield too much. I wouldn't really see a problem here, but as mentioned before Discipline's mana in a 3v3 enviroment is already horrible, and this adds insult to injury. Focused Will nerf - Another "insult to injury" nerf. Discipline Priests are the only healers that don't have an escape in the entire game, but we also don't have a way of "tanking damage", much like Monks, but unlike monks, we don't have escapes, so this means we're a stationary healer. This focused will nerf was surely something thought out during the early days of BFA world PvP and are completely unwarranted. The simple fact Discipline Priests will run oom before 2 minutes when getting trained by melee is already getting massively worst with the changes, this makes it so we take more damage, have to heal more and in turn go oom even faster. All this without any kind of compensation at all. PvE is indeed geting a compensation in the form of the (probably) now mandatory Depth of the Shadows trait, but I don't think that will be able to make up for PvP discipline priests at all. The mana nerf to PW:S could be made better if Shadow Mend's mana cost was reduced to the exact same cost (2.7% of the mana base instead of 3%) and the focused will nerf still just feels completely unwarranted, especially for the only healer in the game without an escape. I understand the 2v2 situation as well, but keep in mind Discipline Priests, in 2v2, already get trained in every melee matchup. By doing less damage and healing less through attonement, there is absolutely no reason why Focused Will stays in 1 charge instead of 2, since in theory we'll be casting heals a lot more instead of smites, and even if we smite, we won't be doing as much damage. If anything, I am certain that having focused will be fully reverted to 15% with 2 charges is the ideal point in which Discipline Priests should be come 8.1. I think I can talk for all Discipline Priest lovers when I say this:Please, don't delete our spec. There are a lot of other discipline Priests like myself and Hydra who love the spec and have been playing it forever - we don't want to be forced to drop it like we currently will be in 8.1Nüba17 Nov 15
Nov 15 Current/Upcoming shadow priest mobility issue With the removal of the Maina talent. Are we getting any other form of mobility that isn't rolled into one of our only survival cooldown? With the current content (PvE) we need to move A LOT more than previous content I've encountered. I feel like we need something added to the shadow priest core abilities. That way it's easily changeable. Off Topic: Or add some utility to some our current abilities. Had one of our healers in raid ask about my Vampiric Embrace for a possible raid CD for the encounter. My only reply was "It's crap"Zòn3 Nov 15
Nov 15 Little Jealous I'm just a bit Jealous that the Paladins are getting some really nice healing animations. Share the love with Holy priests as well. :'( Edit: Flash Heal, Heal, and Binding Heal all look the same and they don't look very impressive, Prayer of Healing looks fine, Divine Hymn looks okay, Holy Word: Sanctify looks decent although it could look better, Holy Word: Salvation looks just like Holy Word: Serenity, Guardian Spirit looks fine. I suppose seeing what they did with a few of the Paladins animations it just makes me feel like they could make the holy priests look better as well.Rinheart16 Nov 15
Nov 15 So I attempted my first mythic 0 as disc It was on Temple of Sethraliss. I literally couldn't keep anyone up with my atonements. I felt like I was just shadow mend spamming everyone the entire attempt. I left after the second boss because I didn't wanna put my group through it. I mean I didn't think I'd suck that bad at disc, but yeah a mythic 0; and I had to leave at the second boss.Cathorek15 Nov 15
Nov 15 Holy cow, SP are -squishy- wtf happened? I haven't played this guy since MOP and I don't remember ever being so damned squishy.... I checked talent builds and this was recommended, but every two-three fights I'm low on HP. I'm following basic rotation recs and everything and it just seems like I'm losing HP faster than a mage.Vithkel21 Nov 15
Nov 15 Shaman Changes vs Shadow Changes A find it strange that the shadow changes were so conservative for a class with literally no representation in pve content. Then shaman changes come and its 40% here, 100% increases there. Top it all off with a global 5% healing/dmg across the board. Hopefully more changes to come for Spriest... :(. I tried it on PTR and it is such a slight change overall at the moment. Granted I don’t play shadow much, Thoughts? - GrumpabumpGrumpsey9 Nov 15
Nov 15 Insanity not insane Doesn't the playstyle seem a little tame for a spec themed around gaining power by going insane? Shouldn't the spells seem more chaotic and unfocused as your insanity goes up? Most spellcasters require focus to cast spells thus the cast time but if the idea is to go bat-**** crazy then shouldn't it feel more frantic and less about focusing energies into spells? If they wanted insanity to be the spec theme they shouldn't try to design it half-heartedly. At this point Shadow could be split into its own class and still have more flavor than most. What are shadow priests? Psychics? Vampires? I thought they started with undead former priests adapting to the light having forsaken them. To summarize the spec's theme, playstyle, and lore seem to be a mess and it'd be nice to have it straightened out a bit.Levïathan6 Nov 15
Nov 15 No changes to shadow priest in 8.1 Blizzard's silence or lack of blue post acknowledgement is a clear sign that we should not expect changes to shadow priest in the upcoming patch. If they did, they would have been proud to say or mention it. They probably don't read the priest forums at all, however, the good news is we may have a chance to be fixed next expansion. Meanwhile, suck it up and live with poor dps and get rejected from mythic raids and M+ runs or reroll to be a rogue. Blizzard probably be thinking...buffing priest dps now is too complicated and why not just keep silent? Silence always works. Btw priest damage is not okay, it's horrible. Extremely horrible. Don't comfort yourselves with that Blizzard.Nakefews30 Nov 15
Nov 15 Atonement and Light’s Judgement Do these two abilities interact with each other?Sigmar0 Nov 15
Nov 15 Unable to get into Mythic as Holy So I'm having a tough time getting into high Mythic + as holy (+8 or higher). All the groups seem to want disc or a different class to heal. Anyone else having this issue?Manbeard9 Nov 15
Nov 14 Disc Numbers and Viability Hi, there. I´m leveling a disc (still 54) in dungeons only, so i can learn and practice the spec. I love disc´s gameplay and understand the way it heals dealing dmg. The problem is that even when i´m doing everything right gameplay wise, the numbers i get from atonement healing simply isn´t enough to top my tank/party. It seems, at my lvl, the atonement healing only slows down the rate in which the peeps die, not realy heal them. So i have to switch to direct heals to actually heal them. So to the questions: 1 - Does the number coming from atonement healing (the one i do by doing dmg) gets better at lvl cap? 2 - If it does, is it enough to heal only by it in M+? I mean, can i do semi-high keys (10 to 15) with disc healing mainly by atonement (almost not using direct healing)? 3 - Do i need to be geared to my teeth so i can make disc viable in M+? If i have to heal directly i´ll go holy, or other healing spec, which i´m not gonna do. I´m only switching to heals if i can actually heal by doing dmg (i main dps and loved the idea behind disc gameplay), if not, i´m gonna stay dps. So, is the disc gameplay REALY healing by doing dmg, or is it just something you do when everyone is completely geared and the tank almost doesnt need you to stay alive? ps. this is all about dungeons, M+, not raiding (idc about raiding as healer)Mephystø9 Nov 14
Nov 14 2018 - Rate That Priest Mog #1 Just continuing this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757497808?page=26 @ Inhell Sexy and elegant. 9/10Theola361 Nov 14
Nov 14 Disc pretty bubbles? What happened to disc and their, in my opinion, pretty round bubbles when doing damage on enemies? I must not have played disc in a while or maybe this is new and I totally missed it but who remembers this amazing effect we used to have when our obsorb shields went up? :-(! I miss them.Gorgeous4 Nov 14
Nov 14 Halo for shadow priests? So remember how shadow priest had halo when it was first introduced in mop and it was just a dark ring. I would like to see it back, but with a twist. Also for every person hit by it, can give insanity to the shadow priest. It can also heal allies (obviously not as much as holy/disc)or maybe it can apply a dot. This could be a pvp talent or it could replace one of the more unfavorable shadow priest talents. Thoughts?Estrath5 Nov 14
Nov 14 PW: Blink twice if Vixie made you make this *blink* *blink* Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Should orcs be given access to priests?Nixxia329 Nov 14
Nov 14 Disc nerfed by 70%, not cool ... https://www.wowhead.com/news=288473/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28366-spell-azerite-and-class-updates This is likely the WORST decision EVER by Blizzard (since Diablo Immortal anyway). How can they even do this to a spec? We are only precisely 11% better than other healing specs and now they go ahead and NERF us by 70% reducing our Atonement duration by 35 SECONDS. This is just terrible and it needs to be reverted ASAP. Please like and subscribe to this post if you agree and think we need our Atonement duration changed back.Mendqt48 Nov 14
Nov 14 Spriest big aoe pulls Is there a pull size that would make it worth only dotting during voidform, so you can drop it fast as possible to get the damage burst of activating it again?Hapablap7 Nov 14
Nov 14 What??? I just fought a shadow priest on my pally... He was down to 2% health and suddenly he had 100% health again. This was in a 2v2, His partner was a rogue. One of my alts is this shadow, I cant do that? What am I missing?Radiuss5 Nov 14
Nov 13 How are my mogs? You guys like my mogs? :)Kréwélla3 Nov 13
Nov 13 Disc Priest Race BFA I was curious on peoples thoughts of which race will be best in BFA for a disc priest. I like the 1% magic damage, which for disc helps healing as well, but due to the burst healing of disc the haste CD for trolls also seems good. FYI, I don't pvp except casually. My main focus is on raids and mythic+ content.Lluthien21 Nov 13
Nov 13 Disc Old Penance Animation I was just looking at an older WoW video and noticed the disc Priests using Penance and man it looked a million times better than it does now. Why the hell did they change it to the horrid animation we currently have? Would anyone else like to see the old animation come back?Astroma11 Nov 13
Nov 13 Xantim spriest pvp movies Does anyone still put out shadow priest pvp movies like xantim did, or the cobrak equivalent for spriests? I searched youtube and all i got was some toxic player named hurpdurp whose content i can barely stomach (how does one block youtube content makes?) Anyway, any pointers would be great!Marionette7 Nov 13
Nov 12 Petition for Old Shadowform Glyph Title. many people don't like the new Shadowform. I'm among them. I think it looks gaudy. Why is there a constantly-exploding purple fart cloud in my chest. Why is the effect clipping on some pieces of gear. Why did they remove the original Shadowform animation which is one of the most iconic things I can think of for the last 12 years about our class. I rolled Priest specifically for how dope it looked. Please implement a glyph to revert to the old Shadowform so that those who do enjoy it may continue to do so, and those who prefer the old style don't want to gouge their eyes out in sadness.Worship269 Nov 12
Nov 12 Disc Uldir? Is it worth going holy? I feel like I have to put 200% more effort into my rotation and healing (as disc) just to barely make the HPS needed not to be bothered by people about my heals. When it comes to PvP content , I feel comfy and my heals are great. I don't understand what I need to do to get geared enough to heal heroic uldir as Disc comfortably or even at the top of the HPS. Ive double checked my rotation on the meta raid info websites and youtube channels , I understand the mechanics behind placing Atonement preemptively, etc. Point being I understand my class.However is there something wrong with it or is it my Ilevel? Am I expecting too much from disc or what?Daxzia22 Nov 12
Nov 12 Big Question to our PTR Discs Focused Will is getting nerfed, to 1 stack. Does the PvP nerf that made it only reduce 10% damage still stands in the PTR or it is reversed back to 15%?Nüba7 Nov 12
Nov 12 Afflock vs sp Hi guys. I want to level a Shadow Caster void elf and I am stuck between Shadow priest and affliction warlock. I would like to listen your opinions. Which class is/has better: 1.Pve 2.Pvp 3. Fun (engaging rotation, look and feel) 4.Mobile 5.Mogs 6.Fantasy Please consider the changes that both classes Will receive in 8.1. Thanks :)Ivraa17 Nov 12
Nov 12 How high is the skill cap on disc Compared to say Druid or Monk ?Wtfbrew26 Nov 12
Nov 11 Very hard to level up I have 6 toons (Warlock, hunter, paladín, Rogue, mage, priest) and by far i find Shadow priest the most Boring AND dificult to level UP. It also the most squishy as I struggle when I face More than 3 Mobs. What Is wrong with this spec? The only thing that it keeps me playing this class is fantasy, nothing moreOswill32 Nov 11
Nov 11 Void Form 8.1 Since we lose shadow form during this time isnt the new 20% dmg buff to this only a 10% buff since shadow form gives 10% all the time?Whyd6 Nov 11
Nov 11 Shadow in pvp arena ? Hi was wondering how shadow is in arena I’ve been playing disc and like it but kinda wana try shadow I like the idea of being a dot spec it sounds fun just curious how It is in arena rn and if you have any tips I’d love to hear them.Larw25 Nov 11
Nov 10 Best transmogs for spriest? Looking for xmog that doesn't take long to get... if anyone has any suggestions, with photo plzKréwélla10 Nov 10
Nov 10 Void Form to include utility Since Void Form is here to stay I suggest it include some utility. If all ranged DPS did the same damage Shadow would still be picked last as it offers far less utility than all other ranged DPS. I suggest when in Void Form a % of damage done heals the raid. This will work in the same manner as original Shadow in the glory days. This can be done by either baking VE into Void Form or when the priest is in Void Form there is an aura (much the same as paladin) which gives leech to the raid. VE should be changed to restore mana instead of HP. This way we get Void Form as a defensive cooldown, old shadow mechanics and useful support.Syridis1 Nov 10
Nov 10 Remaining Shadow Problems The recently announced 8.1 buffs are awesome, but Shadow still has 2 big problems imo. 1. No Impactful Cooldown 2. Lame AoE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - Problem #1: Shadow has no noticeable baseline damage cooldown, which feels bad. Shadowfiend just doesn't feel like an impactful cooldown, especially since it's just a tiny pet. This is especially noticeable at the start of fights when everyone but us gets to "pop-off' and go ham with their damage. This does not feel good at all, and could easily be solved. ~ Solution to Problem #1: Make Dark Ascension the BASELINE shadow cooldown. Explanation: If voidform is once again going to become important and impactful then we should have a baseline coolodown to match that. Having a cooldown like Dark Ascension that lets us go into voidform on demand or helps to maintain it for longer would be amazing for the spec to have. Way too amazing to be a talent. Dark Ascension is a simple yet versatile cooldown that is easy to balance and provides the spec with something it lacks desperately. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - Problem #2: Shadow's AoE doesn't feel all that great to execute, even if the dps output happens to be good, because it relies on Mind Sear and Multi-Dotting. This results in a AoE rotation that feels kinof lame and lacks excitement, which can also be easily solved. ~ Solution to Problem #2: Let us use Void Eruption for AoE during Voidform. This could be done via giving Mind Sear a passive effect of turning our next Void Bolt into Void Eruption when it hits 2 or more targets affected by Shadow Word: Pain. Explanation: Void Eruption looks and feels amazing, yet when we go into Voidform (the primary mechanic of the spec) we loose access to that awesomeness. In single target that's fine, because we get Void Bolt, but in AoE it's just a bummer. Void Bolt just feels lackluster and kindof just wrong in AoE scenarios. Having access to a much better ability, Void Eruption, would solve this. Plus, I don't think anyone disagrees about Void Eruption being awesome. Those are the only issues left that i have with the spec, and here's how i would solve them. I think it would be easy, but that's just my opinion.Wishaway11 Nov 10
Nov 9 just 1 more wish (even tho it wont happen) Make both our dots instant cast. or give us the option via pvp talents. when that turbo is on me and all i can do is cast 1 dot, and i don't have the right azerite traits to upgrade that 1 dot, it feelsbadman. At blizzcon i noticed almost any melee cleave countered teams with spriests. not so much because the spriest took a lot of dmg, but because spriest couldnt dish out any dmg.Biigmike2 Nov 9
Nov 9 Shadow for 120+ Returning player I just leveled up my priest as shadow. I did enjoy it ( a little squishy but ok for the most part if I was careful better then it used to be way back in the day ) I would like to start doing dungeons and raids but I am worried about my damage I am only pulling about 3 to 4K at about a 290 item level is this ok ? Is shadow a viable class for End game ? And what should I do to maximize the damage I do ?Giddjet3 Nov 9
Nov 9 Spriest thoughts I'm not expert on the spec, i'm casual and have been since Wrath when I raided heavily but life as i'm sure most of you know. (WoW > Life?) I understand that Insanity and Voidform are probably not going to go anywhere as much as I feel what everyone means about it being clunky and not feeling great. I would just love to see Voidform actually take over the slot of Surrender to Madness and it be like a 3-5 minute CD, that takes us out of Shadow Form, into an empowered Void Form with it's own set of abilities. Give us a neat rotation within that form, even if it only last like 20-30 seconds. Maybe it gives us time to drop a few empowered DoTs and a few Void Bolts, and in an AoE situation maybe make Void Eruption on like a 6 second CD so it would be versitile in different encounters. Outside of this CD I still like the concept of generating insanity. I like the DoT management of the spec mixed with a DD spell (Would be nice to have another to weave to make it less monotonous). But I would like to see Insanity work similar to a warriors rage or Shamans resource, that specific spells build it and we have other spells to spend it, similar to Devouring Plague with the Orb system but instead with the Insanity system that is currently in place. Maybe it costs 100 insanity but when you cast the spell to use your 100 insanity it absorbs your current DoTs and turns it into a newly refreshed DoT that is different from them and then you start again to build Insanity. After that DoT is on maybe instead of being 100, you would build to 50 to do a empowered Mind Blast type ability where the damage is increased by having that DoT active on the target. For AoE situations outside of Void Form is the biggest issue. Our problem is readily available AoE that is reasonable in damage. The biggest thing I can think of is bugging Mind Sear or creating a new ability that is reliable from a pack to pack standpoint for AoE and instead it generates insanity that we can then spend on an empowered Mind Sear giving it bigger damage for specific groups of mobs or larger pulls that last longer. I know none of this will probably ever happen but no change happens unless you give your two cents sometimes. Just wanted to post for fun and talk about it!Eloreith1 Nov 9
Nov 8 Stacking Crit instead of Haste as Shadow? Has anyone else tried this? I know Crit and Haste seem to be tied for our main focuses in secondaries, but I always see people stacking Haste as much as possible in gems and enchants. I guess this is because Haste is inherently harder to stack than Crit? I recently tried swapping all my focus to Crit with gems and enchants and I'm unsure if it's having a negative (or positive) effect on what I'm doing. I need to sim it out a bit before I know for sure. I'm able to get my base Crit % (without any Azerite or Deadly Navigation procs) with 10 Reorigination Array stacks in Uldir to about 35%, and it definitely is peaking closer to 43-45% mid-fight with all procs lined up. Has anyone else tried this? Am I wasting my time trying this?Mitosis7 Nov 8
Nov 8 Need some Disc macro help pls So I'm trying to use a few different macros, but none of them seem to work. 1. Archangel & Dark Archangel I thought I wouldn't use both of these at the same time and tried to see if I can have one macro that works for whichever is active. I can only seem to get it to work for whichever spell I put first on the line. 2. Dark Archangel + Shadowfiend/Mindbender I tried a cast sequence macro for this. And it only works if I spec into Mindbender for the 1 min cd and have that before DA. If i spec shadowfiend i think it looks at the 3min cd and doesn't move on to DA. Thanks in advance!Leadbelly0 Nov 8
Nov 8 Shadow priests did it Alright, which one of you gave knaifu to Sylvannas? https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/802897.jpgChuckadin7 Nov 8
Nov 8 Priest RANT Why did blizz have to mess up how the healing specs worked? it makes me furious. No shield for holy? No renew for disc? No flash heal for disc? I just don't understand why they had to entirely change how all 3 specs worked. I miss the old way >:(Waterbottlè23 Nov 8
Nov 8 Disc talents from blizzcon Did anyone catch what azertie traits the disc priests were using in the pve and pvp tournaments at blizzcon? Many thanksTiltgodx1 Nov 8
Nov 7 Shadow Changes *NEW* Mind Blast has two charges baseline. *NEW* Shadow Word: Death baseline. *NEW* Mind Spike baseline. Mind Spike blasts the target for Shadow damage, but extinguishes your Shadow damage-over-time effects from the target in the process. *NEW* Vampiric Embrace restores mana to a nearby healer in addition to its current effects. *NEW* Void Bolt baseline spell that consumes Insanity. *MOVED* Misery moved to 15 level talent row. *MOVED* Void Eruption removed from baseline and moved to 45 level talent row. Now is a cast that consumes Insanity to deal AoE damage. *NEW* Reaper of Souls added to 45 level talent row. Shadow Word: Death is now castable on targets below 35% health, and always generates Insanity as though it killed the target. *MOVED* Auspicious Spirits moved to 45 level talent row. *MOVED* Twist of Fate moved to 75 level talent row. *MOVED* Mindbender moved to 75 level talent row. *MOVED* Surrender to Madness moved to 90 level talent row. No longer has the random penalties for using it. *MOVED* Dark Void moved to 90 level talent. *MOVED* Void Form removed from baseline and moved to 100 level talent row. When you take this talent you enter Void Form by casting Void Bolt. Void Form then acts as it did in Legion. *NEW* 100 level talent Clarity of Power. Your Mind Spike, Mind Sear, and Shadow Word: Death deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch. Also reduces the cooldown on Mind Blast by 3 sec and makes it instant cast. *NEW* 100 level talent Devouring Plague. Consumes Insanity to deal Shadow damage and then additional damage over X sec. Heals the caster for 100% of damage done. New talent tree would look like: Fortress of the Mind--------Shadowy Insight--------Misery Body and Soul----------------San'layn-------------------Intangibility Void Eruption-----------------Reaper of Souls---------Auspicious Spirits Last Word---------------------Mind Bomb---------------Psychic Horror Shadow Crash----------------Mindbender--------------Twist of Fate Surrender to Madness------Void Torrent--------------Dark Void Void Form---------------------Clarity of Power---------Devouring PlagueSeshnog17 Nov 7
Nov 7 Inner Focus is gone for Holy on the PTR As the title suggests, it's no longer a pvp talent (that I can find). I imagine this must be some sort of oversight because Holy is already trailing behind in PvP. Does anyone know where this spell went?Gottfred3 Nov 7
Nov 7 50 Second Atonement buff? I need some feedback on this lol. Is this legit?Jrod24 Nov 7
Nov 7 Pvp disc priest need advice Hey 340 I level disc priest Posting because I need tips on playing disc in arena I know the basics like always keep shield up for attonments But in most 2v2 damage comps I can’t out heal the burst they put on me even if I pop all my defensive I’m stuck tryna spam angelic feather to get out of the fight but I just get cc locked and all have have is the pvp talent to breaks stuns/ fears etc when I played holy pvp there was so much more solo survivabilty. But I switched to disc cuz Ik it’s better spec. If anyone could give me and tips at all on rotation or anything maybe my talents are messed up but I followed icy veins guide or maybe I just suck lol. And when I play 3s I found my self spam healing beer having time to put out damage and popping all cds then I get switched into to and insta die.Larw9 Nov 7
Nov 7 How is shadow in pvp How is shadow in pvp arenas I’ve been playing disc but kinda wana try shadow I like the idea of doing heavy dot damage just wana know how it’s playing and if you have any tips on the spec in pvp that would help to !!Larw2 Nov 7