Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Jan 31 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.5 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was). (Recently RoH was nerfed to only buff the casting priest's healing by 50% for it's duration- It just works as a delay for all other healers. It is still unequivocally the best talent for RBGs and BGs.) ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa9 Jan 31
6m [Discussion] Changes I'd like to see to Disc Hey all, I just wanted to get my thoughts onto paper, really. Very happy to have a discussion about my thoughts and what you guys would like too! This is more of a pipe-dream as I know Blizzard is very unlikely to implement any of the ideas proposed in this discussion. 1. Light's Wrath talents I think there are a few talents within Light's Wrath which would greatly benefit the spec if they were to become baseline. ... While all of the talents would be fantastic to carry on with us into BFA, I feel like these 3 are core ones I would love to see come with us. 2. PvP talent: Archangel ... Replace Evangelism with this talent. I feel like this spell would be a fantastic core spell for the spec to have. It would help us deal with massive damage output, for example; dealing with 'Bursting and Quaking' would be a lot more manageable for disc. 3. Power Word: Radiance This is a very useful spell for quickly applying atonement onto people; however, I would love to see it not reduce the duration by 60%. I realise it's quite possibly designed to be used only for 'burst' aoe healing. But for the mana cost and charge system I believe the duration reduction is overkill. This may also come from my lack of desire to continuously keep atonement on people when I want to heal. 4. Atonement I would love to see all damage we do create atonement healing, however at a very low output. Something around 10 to 15% of damage dealt - and then when atonement is applied you receive the atonement buff benefit. 5. Heal I would absolutely love to see this spell come back for disc. A slow, mana efficient heal we can use when we are not in combat to top people up without spending a lot of mana. I'm not a fan of spamming plea, tbh. 6. Shadow Covenant ... I wouldn't mind seeing this become baseline. It gives us another shadow spell to play with, reinforcing the 'shadow and light discipline' fantasy without needing to spec into it. These are my suggestions, things I would like to see - I'm sure a lot of them would make the spec over powered, but I am a fan of the spec and just want to be able to do more and use more of my potential toolkit!Asokah8 6m
34m Holy moley! Nerf both Discipline and Holy spec for priests please.Resto druids are meant to by design and are supposed to outperform priests as usual.It's similar to the bible, whatever is written in there is supposed to happen;furthermore, whatever I say must happen because I said so.Thank you! I expect nothing less than a Panda or Draenai priest to have a hissy fit, go!Mihaliz13 34m
1h BFA: Priests viability in M+ Now that M+ is more popular than raiding or pvp will priests be given the tools to be successful in high end keystones for BFA?Jaewalk87 1h
2h Help! I'm super geared but have weak Heals Hey guys! So I am super geared and pretty much have everything I need for mythic raiding- however my heals aren't great. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here's a link to my logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4hnkHqwZjTbmXtaN#fight=last&type=healing&source=148 Any help would be great!Varellynia8 2h
2h I wish I was good enough to play shadow T.T I hate so many things about lock but... What I hate even more is getting eaten alive as shadow I wish I was better T.TYanderia5 2h
3h Power Word: Are we almost there? Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discuss: Argus here we come?Vixie494 3h
3h SPriest - how can I improve? Hey everyone, so I recently decided to drop all my other characters to focus on playing Shadow. I've always loved the concept behind Shadow but I never bothered to really give it a chance. I've read every possible guide I can think of, I'm fairly certain I'm doing my rotations right according to guides I've read, but I'm really struggling with this class, especially in anything that doesn't have long fights for ramping. My ilvl is roughly 918 and my artifact is at 70, unlocking second legendary tomorrow sometime, but I'm struggling to pull even 700k on normal Argus/Aggramar. Can any experienced Spriests give me any tips/tricks to playing this spec? I really want to main this into BFA and beyond, but I'm feeling really crap about myself while trying.Ahrîman9 3h
8h Best Healing Spec? I am wondering what spec/rotation/talent is best for healing as a priest? or at least in your opinion? and I know it's easy to say ... But I am asking you guys because a lot of Icy veins material tends to be opinionated, and If I get opinionated I would like something a little more direct with players who actually use the spec. So which is the best for healing?Belila12 8h
10h Disc. damage>Shadow, low dungeons? Hi there, I have just started a void elf shadow priest. Currently at level 37. I have tried some dungeon runs and have noticed that disc. priests (the main healer) seem to out damage my shadow by a sizable margin. In fact often when I'm grouped with a disc. healer, they are in 2nd place or more (according to my recount) in dps, besting even the melee's sometimes. So my questions are: 1) Is this the norm until the higher level dungeons? 2) When does Shadow spec become less of a weight for the group (Im often last in dps, by a large margin if its a melee oriented group) 3) or not worry about numbers and just play my little fingers off. Thank you for your time.Gingermeow5 10h
11h Disp Priest as DPS Hello All, I have been wondering why is it that Disp Priests are only described as healing when they can do some really good DPS too. I have seen several people in dungeons playing as Disp priest as DPS and not healers. I was wondering why is it? Is Shadow Spec the better DPS or can Disp be a good altervativeGhostfox18 11h
13h Whispers in Netherlight Temple I never really paid much attention to NPC whispers, they were just sort of background noise, but this morning, one caught my attention. I was collecting requisitioned troops while having a bit of lag, so I clicked the banner a few times. Shortly after about 5 clicks, I saw the troops run to the middle of the temple and heard a voice whisper, "Stop touching me". Anybody else heard odd whispers that aren't coming from their shadow artifact weapon?Oblivienne1 13h
15h 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog #2 Last one capped out so thought Id start Pt 2. Last thread in link below. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752641255?page=26 @Nyxontha ( last poster over there ) 8/10. I feel the belt is slightly off ( prob looks better ingame ) but great shadow mog.Kibeeto442 15h
16h Disc Priest Flash Heal? I leveled up through level 22 using Flash Heal as a main component in my healing rotation. However, when leveling through Arathi as Shadow, I learned the Shadow Mend spell, and Flash Heal is no longer in my spellbook outside of Holy. Was this a bug? Is Disc not supposed to use Flash Heal? I have absolutely been using it and been commended on my heals as Disc, but without it I feel like my kit's been nerfed quite a bit.Chokfull7 16h
17h Leveling help I have a level 95 priest that i leveled most of the way up as a disc priest but got tired of how slow kills are. I have been working as a shadow priest trying to get the hang of it and while everything is faster that includes trips to the graveyard. At level 95 my item level is 540 and my rotation is Preaggro PW:shield then Vampiric touch>Mind blast>2x Mind flay>Shadow word death. this works great with just one equal con mob. If i can chain them one at a time no problem then i can work void form in and go to town. The problem is if there are 2 or more then the rotation breaks down to longer cool down buttons and then to not the face not the face fleeing in terror. Is it my gear? Should I be springing for raid consumables to solo? maybe I need to hire a bodyguard to save me from my garrison.Errallas3 17h
18h 8.0 Voidform Idea Had this idea couple days ago while posting on the class dev forum, thought maybe I'd refine it here on the priestly one. Pretty simple really, just bringing voidform in line with other specs transformative state type abilities, like ascendance for shamans or demon hunter's metamorphosis. TBH, I didn't think much of it, but the more I did, the more potential benefits to our spec seemed to emerge. We don't really have that many "core" abilities atm, with one already being empowered by voidform into void bolt so the precedent seems to have foundation thusfar. Mind flay could become something along the lines of void ray, mind blast, perhaps a "void blast" or rather mind spike even.. These two would allow some pretty serious interactivity during voidforms. Seems pretty obvious at this point blizz is committed to the voidform playstyle, they are "all in" on it, so "doubling down" doesn't seem to far fetched an idea. And if the beta so far is any indicator they also seem pretty committed to watering down this playstyle at the same time, with less impactful voidforms, so something more transformative such as empowering 2 more spells during voidform might strike a curious balance between fun/coolness and mechanical simplification. Here are just a few reasons something like this "might" be kinda neat: 1) It would be a hek of a lot more interesting than +10% damage and a CD reduction, for both the players and the devs. Although at least the .5% haste per stack would have to stay in just to keep the whole mechanic running. 2) Interactivity: Balancing things like void ray stacks and mind spike stacks while just maintaining the voidform itself make for some interesting decision making, and I think a lot of us have stuck with the spec for the thrill of split second decision making, long before the advent of void elves and shadow becoming a FOTM for none of the usual reasons hehe. Just Imagine falling out of voidform and trying to get back in to blow up some mind spike stacks before they fade, big fun for weakaura users. 3) I think we all are agreed there is no reason nor excuse for taking baseline abilities and making them talents, if anything this should be reserved for artifact abilities people have grown attached to, and really It's just freaking lazy. With voidform empowering all of our primary spells there would be no room at all for such a thing considering all the potential for new and old talents to fill those slots. 4) Here is an example of a new talent and how it might interact with a more transformative voidform. Let's call it Void Focus: During voidform abilities that generate insanity generate 25% more, but during shadowform generate 25% less. This would allow people who'd like to spend more time in a newer shinier voidform to do so, albeit at the cost of getting there more slowly. It could even be a toggle, much like the druid talent(blessing of the ancients?), doing the reverse, allowing more frequent yet shorter voidforms for people who are seeking that playstyle(AoE etc). Or rather, Void Focus could be a more specific effect, allowing up to 8 stacks of void ray during voidform instead of the usual 4, for those who seek the challenge of a more interactive voidform. Either of these illustrate the potential for this more empowering voidform to add depth to shadow priest, depth being something that appears to be fading if the beta is any indicator. So that is my idea for what it is worth, just an illustration of the potential for shadow to be more interactive and interesting, both to the players and the devs. Not a solution to any specific complaint or problem per se, only a possible framework that could be built upon in any number of ways. I don't profess or claim any mastery or expertise as a shadow priest, in fact the only advice I would give to a newer spr would be to not listen to anything I say, I mean I religiously use shadowy insight and love it for chrissakes lol. Coming up on my 20th year of "mmo'ing" and I just don't do things for the reasons I used to, and looking back what I thought was fun was in retrospect just a desperate struggle. Seems like more and more I am making up for lost or wasted time by embarking on vain attempts at "doing my own thing".Chthonicus3 18h
20h VuhDo or Healbot? As many of you looking at this right now are Priests, which addon should I use for healing raids/bgs? I have used both but can't choose out of the two. I am mostly asking for opinions, preferably from Holy Priests but as well as anyone else who has used the two addons, any feedback is greatly appreciated!Viradys39 20h
23h DoTless Spriest Anyone miss Shadow Orbs and blowing up people with DP and a crap ton insta Mind Blasts?Tallarac4 23h
1d Void Eruption and Sw:P, Shadow Crash and VT? Hello all, if anyone is keeping up with BFA we have a talent that makes void eruption spread Sw:P to all targets hit by the new aoe around target from void eruption. By does anyone else think it would be cool if shadow crash put VT on targets if one has it in the aoe? It would be effective and allow us to cleave clustered targets much better. Broken? Useful? Thoughts.Apraystation3 1d
1d Dedication to the Knaifu Watch the vid, thank me later #AnboniStreetTeam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0M22KYwAADjozro0 1d
1d questions (2nd try) 1. These very forums said that Antorus Tier should mean that we talent into Binding Heal *for raids.* Why? Flash Heal procs the 4 piece just like BH, and FH is the only thing that works with the Empowered Pantheon Trinket. 2. I found out that BH does not replace FH (in other expansions some spells worked that way). If that is true, are we meant to use FH AND BH? wouldn't you just use FH in that case for the Eonar proc? (iow: is a 300k shield worth it?) 3. With BH, the forums said not to use the neck (this sort of makes sense, overheal and whatnot), so i swap to Legs (Benediction), and either cloak (boss), or wrists (trash). Are there other legendaries to use? I have them all, except the faccacta trinket. 4. M+ healing for holy stacks int/vers/crit, because mastery is kind of dumb in that situation, right? 5. In Shadow spec, why in god's name is the pantheon trinket mastery? Do you all find use in it (just for the intellect proc?), the empowered buff seems...silly. 6. Again in Shadow, i read somewhere that the goal is 16000 haste with the ring. This works out to about 44% haste. This seems...rather a high mark to hit. I can get there, but my crit is sub 25% in that situation. 7. keeping with the shadow theme, other than an 880 crystal, i only have tomb trinkets. The Antorus trinkets seem really weird. I'm guessing priests want the Decimator and the Injector, yes? Right now Im using the versatility/shadow blades trinket). Any insight to all or part of these questions would be immensely helpful. Many Thanks. FORGOT ONE! 8. is a 930 with socket better than the same piece at 945?Renisha4 1d
1d Glyph of Dark Absolution Anyone else notice the animation bugs? Or am I blind? Sometimes when i shoot it it's just purple swirls with thin light effects mixed in. Other times it's straight up one regular light penance and another giant shadow penance effect swirling around each other.Clirak2 1d
1d Shadow BFA Single Target/Aoe Hello all, just wanted opinions on what the new talents seemed to show for our aoe and single target. From what I saw before with streamers etc, on alpha we have decent in both categories. Our only issue is our short term aoe. Was wondering if anyone noticed anything that we're getting to alleviate that? Spam mind sear? Take shadow crash? new void eruption Sw:P spread?Apraystation1 1d
1d "Shadow is flawed" "BFA is ruining shadow" There are 2 conflicting feelings on the forum, 1 being the feeling that shadow is a flawed spec. The other being that BFA is somehow "ruining shadow". Wait, isn't it already ruined? Legion Shadow ONLY caters to raiders. AND even then, there are better classes for that. 'But but, BFA is removing all my haste and buttons.. NOT THE PRUNE OH GOD NOT THE PRUNE!!" Guess what, not everyone is a raider. There should be 0 class in the game that is only fun in one aspect of the game. I am glad that Blizzard is slowing down the spec and lessening ramp. I am not vouching for going back to old shadow because honestly old affliction did a way better representation of being the premiere DoT class. Blizzard is learning from their mistake of making shadow extremely limiting. Not to mention, slowing down the damn spec. Do some research and you'll find people complaining that shadow is "too fast" and you'll find more than a few threads. On simulcraft, the only higher APM specs are outlaw and havoc! In addition, we do not have the full picture without azerite armor. You can't compare a spec with 75 artifact levels vs an artifactless, level 110 beta build. Blizzard, while pruning is bad, the OVERALL direction is moving into the right direction. Only 5-10% of the shadow population, (ie raiders with a guild that wont ask them to respec on non-ideal fights,) enjoy shadow as it is. Having more power in shadow form and less power in void form is a GOOD THING.Noradriel30 1d
1d How powerful are shadow priests in lore? I havent seen iconic shadow priest characters in lore of WOW so I wonder if they are as powerful as mage or they are an average guy who uses shadow magic.Tannatoz15 1d
1d leveling what spec to use im finally getting around to leveling my priest (last class left) and while ive always played shadow im getting frustrated by the lack of...effectiveness i take a ton of dmg and dont really put much out on the stronger mobs should i quest as disc or is it just a case of slog through to max then gear out shadow?Talsett4 1d
1d Circle of Healing needs a buff. It is simply inferior in every way to Benediction. Benediction has no mana cost, uses no global cooldown, and heals for more. Would love it if they made it a viable option.Undergeared2 1d
1d Petition for Old Shadowform Glyph Title. many people don't like the new Shadowform. I'm among them. I think it looks gaudy. Why is there a constantly-exploding purple fart cloud in my chest. Why is the effect clipping on some pieces of gear. Why did they remove the original Shadowform animation which is one of the most iconic things I can think of for the last 12 years about our class. I rolled Priest specifically for how dope it looked. Please implement a glyph to revert to the old Shadowform so that those who do enjoy it may continue to do so, and those who prefer the old style don't want to gouge their eyes out in sadness.Worship212 1d
1d High Priest Title Hi! I'm a new priest and just got to 110 a few days ago but I just noticed something. I see many players using their class hall title which in this case is "High Priest" but I couldn't help to notice that female characters also wear "High Priest" instead of "High Priestess". I'm not sure how big of an issue that may or may not be but I've was thinking for a while to level up a Female Nigh Elf that would be part of the Sisters of Elune. So in order to better reflect that I thought on using the class hall titel only to realize she would be forced to use a male title. Is there a way to change that? and has Blizzard said anything about that?Voidnight6 1d
1d Plague Doctors Anyone miss our old lore when we were plague doctors in shadow spec? Devouring plague etc. Personally preferred the old lore. Is insanity too weird? Thoughts?Apraystation24 1d
1d Conjure Your Own Spells Do you guys want to do an experiment with me? My attempt hopefully opening some minds. Not sure if this has ever been done before. It seems fun to me. I did not go with Old Gods Lore for spriest though. I didn't really go off of anything but playing spriest for this long. and I like the idea of shadow healing. Here are some of mine.. `Vampiric Embrace turns the priest into a Vampire for 10 sec, making the next shadow or vampire abilities you cast leech HP from it's target every 3 sec and distributing it evenly among your injured party or allied members. `Void Eruption buried outside of SW and ORG for all to visit and go into the void realm for eternity if you choose. And all current Shadow-Void Priest will be deleted and banned from the game. The ones that have expressed their disgust for Void Form will be saved but you have to start at lvl 1 and only level in empowered Shadow form or you will die also. You get to keep ur gear. `Shadow Bite` Lunge out of your Shadow Form briefly, biting all enemies within 10 yards for 80 damage, 2.3 sec cast, 2 sec cd while Vampiric Embrace is active. `Fret` - Shadow Priest Passive Shadow energy builds within the priest after successfully DoTing all combat enemies within 20 yards with Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, and Shadow Word: Envy. Movement Speed increased by 15% and stacking once more after 20 seconds. `Shadow Word: Envy` - 3 sec cast Places a random Shadow DoT or Vampire Spell on the target. `Vampire's Incentive` - While remaining stationary, the shadow priest enters a meditative state slowly becoming more Vampiric. While in combat, if the priest remains stable for 8 sec, they will imbue a slumber upon 3-15 of their party members, increasing healing received from your Vambiric Embrace by 20%.Nicolie3 1d
1d Spamming mind flay isn't fun It should be replaced with an ability similar to Mind Blast but with charges or no cool down. No one likes spamming mind flay until Mind Blast is up again or void eruption.Honkery8 1d
1d Need Help with DPS So I'm currently sitting at 951 ilvl equipped with this guy. Stats are, 36 Crit 40 Hase 52 Mastery 2 Versatility 64K intellect Yet, I can't seem to dish out over 1m ST on raid bosses without actually struggling and basically wathcing my bar constantly to make sure I don't mess up, even then, once some movement is involved, I end up going to about 850k, and that's just terrible. So wtf am I doing wrong? I've pretty much given up on this guy and main a DH these days, and I realize I only have one bis on him, but that can't be it. I also know haste should be at 46, but to have your dps cut in almost half, when I can sim 1.4m is ridiculous. Please help me. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6Yh65KQnUFM6JPVEmDheDySkeleht8 1d
1d Stuck at 99/100 Insanity I've noticed that every now and then my Insanity gets stuck at 99/100 and nothing will make it increase. Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing? Is there something I can do to fix it (I think letting it start to run down again might)?Mezmerize5 1d
1d Shadow pull/burst suggestion To fix the ramp up and burst damage problem. Just have our insanity build while not in combat 'and' have "Void Eruption" instant cast. That would fix a decent part of our burst and build up failings.Deadangels9 1d
1d Eonar's Compassion proc Will this work with binding heal or is it flash heal specific? Cant find any info on thisCluckpriest2 1d
1d Holy Priest Raid Healing Does anyone have some good advice on raid healing with a Holy Priest? Been raid healing for awhile and my healing numbers are always low.Noonthirty9 1d
1d Yalia's Resurrect ability What does (Legion Champion) Yalia Sagewhisper's Resurrect ability do? It says something about giving an "expired troop" one vitality - but does that only work if the troop would have had Zero left from that mission? Has anybody ever seen this work? Because I haven't, and that ability seems broken... Although I think a lot of other class champions have similar abilities.Kallichore1 1d
2d Sorry, but Shadow Priest is just bad. 1) No real dmg output until AFTER you get raid geared, or close to that, but........ 2) .......in order TO get geared, you have to complete WQ's involving (most of the time) elites that crush you before your first rotation, forcing you to go almost fully defensive (Dispersion, Shield, heal-heal-heal-OOM>GG). 3) You have the durability of a jelly donut. WET. These 3 things alone make the S-Priest a painful slog at best to advance, and an impossible grindwall of frustration at its worst. Shadow Priest: Blizzards' middle-finger at the cloth players,Taji30 2d
2d Divine Star / Halo discussion Heya been playing priest for a while now during legion and wanted to ask/ talk about how or when these abilities should be used if it all? Seems like we could have much cooler or useful abilities with how talents are looking for bfa... so Is anyone using these in a meaningful way or are these two talents just placeholders?Repodude15 2d
2d HPriest survivability vs. Resto Shaman I'm trying to decide between a resto shaman and holy priest for healing and wanted to poll this community to see how you would rate survivability between the two? Mostly in PVE--ability to navigate/survive mechanics so you can get those heals off. Ghost wolf vs feathers Astral shift vs. Desperate prayer That sort of thing. I don't honestly know if there are many of you that play both, so maybe a shot in the dark or if you have any observations absent actual experience with both? Any insight would be appreciated.Hiraeyth5 2d
2d Disc Penance Macro Help I've recently decided to learn Disc (been a Holy main all this time) but I've run into a lot of trouble with Penance. I started out using a mouse-over macro that would default cast penance on my mouse-over's target (i.e. the tank's target) and cast on my mouse-over with the Alt key. I decided I didn't like it and tried to swap it so my alt key would cast penance on my mouse-over's target (eg. Tank attacking a mob) but now all it does is heal my mouse-over unless my mouse-over is hostile ...Melesande3 2d
2d Holy Nova question Is there anyway to boost Holy Nova damage, besides just higher ilvl? My priest alt has been given farm detail. He's doing okay farming up Blood of Sargeras but I would like to make him more efficient if possible without having to put in a lot of personal research.Hulagirl3 2d
3d wow players hate disc? has any1 else been getting kicked from m+ groups right after an invite? is there a growing hate for disc these days? or have i been having bad luck.Méh11 3d
3d Problem solved Never mind ignore me, I'm an idiot.Malvalen2 3d
3d My logs Can someone please tell me if im doing anything wrong to be running out of mana all the time half way thru a fight? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/26031186/17#metric=hpsQùill8 3d
3d Artifact Quest: Judgemental Flame So.... I'm back on for the first time in 8 years.... I'm doing the Artifact quest in the Nexus and I have to defeat Judgemental Flame. I'm using mind control but it's not doing much. What am I doing wrong here? Has anyone else done this one? I can't figure out how to take this dude down. Please kindly help if you can. Thank you.Arymiere0 3d
3d Help!… Mage Tower Holy! Hi all, I’m in need of serious guidance, I can’t do the holy Mage tower, I walked through shadow and discipline so easily, Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Druid, honestly between 5-10 tries easy and got it done. now the Holy Challenge... I can’t even get past the first or Second Mage in Stage 1, I’ve watched endless YouTube videos, which most show no help besides weird music, I’ve seen some where they literally somehow just tanked every mob (I can’t replicate in my challenge), some where they are ilvl 890 and criting for 1 mil on smite ( have no idea how). I was wandering if someone could give a few tips or maybe theirs a little trick I’m missing because I’ve never struggled so much with any class to do a Mage tower besides Holy... Please Help. Their has to be something I’m doing wrong when a ilvl 890 crits 1 mil and my stats and ilvl are higher then his!.Pepino10 3d
4d Is it finally time to hang up my hood? It feels so punishing to play priest in both casual/hardcore PvE and PvP, none of the specs feel comfortable to play except holy (in my opinion) and even then it seems to fall short in terms of defensives. I have been playing priest in it's various forms since late wrath and as time goes on it has slowly become less and less appealing (this is not a "Wrath was so great" thread). More specifically where it is now in Legion and future prospects as we head into BfA. I don't have time for mythic raiding anymore so getting good statted gear for shadow is painful and shadow is VERY gear dependent. Dungeons with a ramp class don't go well together granted as the keystone goes up so does spriest viability yet it is still preferable to choose other dps for various reasons (cc, lust, stealth, burst). As for pvp i find my only joy comes from casual BG's with a dedicated healer as rated PvP is so stressful with the lack of mobility or defensives. People complain about spriests damage but when a competent team of people have come to understand that a simple dispel is all it takes, or a kick of VT, or cc during voidform til they fall out, a spriest is nothing but an immobile punching bag with a poor defensive. Id talk about healing but to be honest, this was my first xpac where i tasted dps, and i think im going to stay this way. Any thoughts, criticisms, ideas for new classes or even farewells are all welcome.Minithil35 4d