Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Apr 11 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.5 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was). (Recently RoH was nerfed to only buff the casting priest's healing by 50% for it's duration- It just works as a delay for all other healers. It is still unequivocally the best talent for RBGs and BGs.) ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa13 Apr 11
4m First healer as Holy? Since I'm new to Healing, and WoW in general - I've found Holy Paladin to be challenging since I'm supposed to be in the fights so much. I think learning the game might be better as a Holy Priest - but what is best to level with? Disc or Shadow??? Are Holy Priests decent in 5 mans and Raids atm???Shadrah2 4m
7m How is Disc doing? I cannot expirience myself how good it is since I m a new player and my character level is 36 but I still want to know the opinion of most skilled and expirience players. I have been loking a little and it seems op at pvp(all of my conclusion came from reading what other says about them) and average at pve. Until I saw this post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767608141 Now I dont know what to think.Elleane12 7m
9m Temple of Sethraliss (Disc) - Thoughts? Anyone chime in as to their experiences healing Temple of Sethraliss in Mythic? I've completed about 7/10 of the Mythic dungeons already without too much difficulty, but am slightly worried attempting the Temple. Specifically, the last boss. I remember almost going OOM in the Heroic version (with worse gear, sure, but I imagine the last boss has even more HP to heal in Mythic) - since our only method of healing the guy up is Shadowmend spam. Without any targets to hit, this particular boss seems to be specifically designed to be much more difficult for a Disc healer than other traditional throughput healers.Xall13 9m
14m Not enjoying Disc PVE as much as I'd hope. So, I'm 120. 340 ilvl and have been clearing Mythics. The class, is fun, when things go right. But that is so extremely rare, that playing this class 95% of the time is so damn stressful. I went with a Disc because everything I read about them was quite positive. Great utility, great damage, useful for Mythic + and raids, etc.. But no where did I read that this class was specifically designed to be played with exceptional players. At least, this is what it feels like. I've not had a single smooth run. Blizzard dropping this bomb on the DPS forcing them to actually play their role (interrupts, chill out on aggro, etc..) feels like it's had more of an impact on healers than their class. I was doing a Mythic dungeons with a Demon Hunter as tank. They are quite squishy from a Tank perspective. I had to pop every CD imaginable in order to keep this dude alive. If any of my DPS took a hit, they were likely going to die. I simply could NOT DPS to heal with a DH as tank. My healing output when DPS'ing wasn't enough to stabilize the incoming damage on him. So I was forced to spam shadow mend and all my CD's. This obviously has an impact on the rest of the group not benefiting from my group-wide healing when DPS'ing. I feel as if the design of my class is thrown out the window most of the time I enter dungeons, and I am basically a shadow mend spam bot. Now, here's my Paladin friend healing his way through dungeons with relative ease. Or the Holy Priest guildmate who made the switch from Disc to Holy simply because it made his like 100x easier in Dungeons. Even when things are smooth and everyone in the group is performing like champs, accidents happen. A DPS is going to take a hit that should've been avoidable. And even when that happens, it can be tough to recover from (depending on the circumstances of the fight). Has anyone else had second thoughts on playing a Disc now that you've experienced some Mythic content? I'm really debating whether I should stick it out or swap to a new healer.Lloydgänks15 14m
15m Any updates on what 8.1 shadow chages are??? Could we please get some kind of idea of what shadow is going to be like in 8.1 prob going to start lvling some alts but I like 1 of each type of roll healer melee ranged tank so do I need a new ranged or healer???Myrothis19 15m
16m 2018 - Rate That Priest Mog #1 Just continuing this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757497808?page=26 @ Inhell Sexy and elegant. 9/10Theola170 16m
32m Disc Dungeons Hi, I'm ready to get back into healing, I haven't done much since wrath/cata, and this spec was really different. I healed a few dungeons while leveling and I feel really comfortable with it, but I am worried about doing harder content. I looked at the talents on icy veins, and right now I'm thinking twist of fate, solace, 75(?), and purge, lenience. I dont want to use sins but I'm just not sure. If anyone could help or has any other tips I'd really appreciate it.Ryöko8 32m
34m 16% haste and shadow is still trash I do more dps as holy or discRustybedpan9 34m
54m What the **** have you done to Shadow? Holy crap. So I used to be Shadow in Legion. I've since gone Disc for a change of pace but I figure, I should at least understand the changes and be able to viably play this spec. The whole rotation feels like trash. Voidform is freaking pointless. Whereas it was fun to see how hard you can stack it in Legion, it feels like it's basically hardcapped at around 20-25... and is about half as impactful. As far as functionality, I pull 2 mobs, it takes longer to kill than it did as Disc and it leaves me at about 30-35 life and I'm in 320 gear. No idea what folks just hitting 120 should do. Blizzard, I'd give you more constructive criticism, but this spec is an utter abomination. No idea how you released it in its current state, what you were thinking... but please get rid of it and try again. It's *awful*.Barrison31 54m
1h Contrition; Feels(good/bad)man... It's unlike me to post something like this, but I'm not pleased with the Discipline Lv75 talent row. Sins of the many is mostly good, despite the diminished effectiveness in group play. Shadow Covenant has always been and, to the best of my knowledge, will always be a garbage talent. Contrition, however is a fantastic concept... on paper. I'm just not seeing the numbers to support this. Unless I am exclusively casting Penance on a party member on a consistent basis, the Contrition contribution to my heals overall for any dungeon I've done equals to less than 2%. Are others having the same experience? What behavior do I need to correct, or is it exactly as I see? I'm just really quite awe-struck with the performance of what should be a definitive choice in the row.Ascension9 1h
1h Shadow; Spamming Shadow Mend, Intended? Am I doing something wrong here? Shadow is almost impotent against basic mobs in the world, it's kind of sad. My priest is 334 and even now it's still an issue, if marginally less so. Nothing is quite as fun as seeing a warrior or warlock face tank 10 mobs and sustain full health while I'm spamming my heal with two mobs on me. PW: Shield is almost worthless too. Vampiric Embrace IS worthless unless you talent into it. Great job Blizzard. The spec might be clunky and mediocre but that doesn't mean it has to be undertuned too. Incompetent.Grimmwolfe13 1h
1h Hey its me Hi friendsZolvolt3 1h
2h Hpriest glyph to change spirit to Bwonsamdi? Hello, I would like to start a petition allowing Holy Priests to obtain a glyph to change their Spirit of Redemption form to Bwonsamdi, or at least a Herald of Bwonsamdi, throwing sarcastic, condescending insults as often as we do healing spells.Kiwilemonade5 2h
2h Please don't nerf Disc too hard Disc is an absolute beast in open world PVP. I feel like an actual bully right now, it's so powerful. My kill list last night while questing around 115: 120 Ret Paladin 120 Fury Warrior 118 Fury Warrior 120 Arms Warrior 120 Shadow Priest 120 Rogue 118 Rogue 118 Rogue At one point the 120 Shadow priest and 120 Fury warrior jumped me at the same time. Couldn't kill me so the Priest bailed and then I easily handled the warrior.Sacredote41 2h
3h Blizzard, please hush the class mount... As title says, I like the owl cat, it is my favorite mount I have! My issue is, he seems to squawk periodically as I run around, and EVERY time i move him left or right instead of a straight line, or jump. While it makes sense for him to voice his disgressions after falling damage as most mounts, he really doesn't need to screech at full volume every ~2 seconds to the point I mute sound effects. I ask you please either remove these extra sounds or lower the actual volume of the screech as it is way too loud. I know we can do this ourselves, but we also lower the volume of all effects including spells of which I don't want to do. The screech is INCREDIBLY loud and hurts my ears even on ~25% volume, and then I barely hear spell effects. Thank you for your time. And if you don't know what I mean I encourage mounting up on it and going around for more than 60 seconds of run time and I think you'll understand.Kiwilemonade3 3h
4h Leveling This Priest Has Been Agonizing I've tried both Disc and Shadow, neither was noticeably better than the other so I've stuck with Disc just because it provides more survivability vs all the attempted ganks with war mode turned on. Both specs are 100000% slower than any other class I've leveled.Seejay30 4h
5h What disappoints you about Shadow? Let's compile them here instead of multiple threads about different aspects: Mastery - boring (Twist of Fate could go here?) Voidform - feels unimpactful now (could add like +20% haste before stacks?) Void Eruption - still feels too impactful, which is counter-intuitive to extending VF duration (perhaps separate Void Eruption from Void Bolt button and give it a cooldown? then it could have like triple cooldown recovery speed while VF is active) Talents - Shadow Word: Void and Legacy of the Void have too much quality of life to be talents (baseline please?) Rotation - SW:D needs to return baseline or talents need to add much more interaction (most are cooldowns or forgettable passives) Insanity - backwards design and very controversial Devouring Plague - many miss this, should at least be a talent (if theme is preventing that, just rename it Devouring Void or something?) Self-sustain - low defense and low mobility, Vampiric Touch heals are not enough (Spectral Guise please?) What's our niche? - just council fights? because Affliction and Boomkin can do that and more (Vampiric Embrace is also not enough) Aesthetics - Call of the Void (from artifact weapon) and/or other tentacle skills would help sell the class fantasy (also more shadowy and less purple please, at least from a glyph?)Ttylol29 5h
5h 8.1 shadow changes Has any1 heard anything about what they are planning to do?Heirophant4 5h
6h It is time to nerf Disc. They are far too over powered, 90% of healers in pvp are Disc Priests now. It is time the nerf bat hit them straight in the face. Obviously, it will happen.. and we all know it.Agarmaul42 6h
9h Is anyone enjoying shadow ? As the title says, I want to know if anyone is enjoying shadow right now. I keep seeing so many negative posts regarding its dps and viability and was curious if anyone is enjoying the way things are. I'm considering shadow as my next class to level due to the aesthetics and having played it back in BC. Plus I want a caster with some aoe burst.Raityr25 9h
10h Outside of PVP why would I play disc? I'm new to the class but I'm now 120 and have cleared all of the M dungeons. From the start I went disc, and had a fine time, no real issues. I decided to give holy a go, to familiarize myself with it, as I heard disc is very situational for raid content. Whoa. Sure I'm not doing any real damage now but I'm not fighting to keep the group alive and planning every pull in my head. The output and big cool downs are so much better it's ridiculous. It is a little boring though. I imagine disc will be more relevant as gear improves to 350 and beyond but right now it feels redundant for PVE content. I'm doing about as much DPS as the tank on boss fights, but my DPS output is garbage on trash comparatively. And if I fall behind on a fight, chances are, I'm not going to catch up. That doesn't mean deaths, but it's not great either. So... what is the purpose of disc in PVE? Shadow is still better for questing imo.Grimmwolfe10 10h
10h Declined from group invs for not being disc Hi, I am wanting to get some feedback from some of you other guys in particular those playing Holy. I am 335 ilvl, completed every mythic without issue however when I have tried to Q up for multiple mythics I have been declined because i am Holy. They have the perception of holy priests being useless and all priests should be disc. I have zero interest in DPSing so disc has no appeal to me regardless of it being strong. Has anyone experienced the same discrimination?Praynmantis14 10h
13h Mana potion? What is everyone using for their Mana potions? The only thing I can find is the Coastal Mana Potion on the AH, but that is only level 110 and barely gives any mana.Krauxis6 13h
14h Fade in PVP Is there any use for fade in PVP?Bigrez4 14h
14h Angel's Mercy Anyone know what the ratio on this is? Its kind of awkward to have mystery talents like this.Târic0 14h
14h Azerite trait discussion Feel free to discuss all azerite traits here for all specs. What's good where and what is best to avoid. I didn't see a thread for this and I'm confident that it's not just personal preference. I'be been playing all holy while leveling. At first the PoH trait looked pretty great but honestly the flash heal trait it likely the best for 5 man's cause you are going to spend a lot of time dumping flash heals as holy into the tank for mythic+ until you can holy word again. The heal trait seems rather weak cause it is based off of priests remaining mana and in mythic+ flash heal will be used much more for the higher HPS. PoH trait looks good for raiding. PoM looks alright but I favor PoH. Sanctuary trait might be okay in some scenarios but PoH is always pretty useful in raids. Certain traits, like holy fire, looks useless. The only application I could see for that is slightly improve solo pve damage. Well that's just my likely inaccurate depiction for holy. What do you guys favor for holy, disc, shadow and for what formats?Stratous4 14h
16h Disc so far How’s disc playing out for you priests? My raid team has 2 MW monks which I’m not to fond of so thinking of rolling disc this xpac. How are they doing so far?Bigmonk16 16h
16h How are you healing dungeons? Are you playing disc or holy? I've been playing disc but I've been looking at holy a bit and it seems like it's heals are way superior.Sashapray74 16h
16h Disc Priest vs Resto Shammy X-Posted Hello. Thank you for reading :) This is posted in both priest and shammy forums. I was wondering if one of these specs is doing a good amount better than the other. I recently got into healing and I am really enjoying it. There is a lot of perks to healing like being super hard to kill in wPvP, healing my friends while questing, and fast queue times. When rolling a priest for bfa, I was interested in running healer, and doing their dps spec on the side for fun, but it turns out that both spriest and enh/ele is in a really awkward spot at the moment. I think it's a tossup between the two. What I'm asking is if there is a clear winner between the two healer specs and are there and pros/cons comparing the two? I will be a healer most of the time, but if shammy can stand up to disc enough in terms of being an effective healer than can survive in pvp I think I want to roll shaman for enhancement. Again, thanks for any advice!Zulrakki5 16h
17h Disc Priest Beginner-ish Questions Any tips for a disc priest beginner? I'm not new to the class, just new to Disc in it's "current" (Legion, BFA, possibly WoD) incarnations. Specifically my issue is just with the hyper vigilence needed to both dps and heal effectively (i.e. keeping up atonement, dpsing mobs, toggling between heal mode/dps mode tab targetting + grid targeting/click targetting) and throughput (which could be gear). Do most folks use target/focus macros on DPS abilities (i.e. dps-only abilities)? Presumably you cannot macro Penance since you may situationally use it to dps or heal (though typically dps). How do you deal with adds that die mid casts, or just not bother penancing mobs low-ish on hp? I've ready icy-veins - I get the basic rotations - it's more a question of the semantics of how it's executed. Disc is still far better than holy as far as utility, so new xpac, figured I'd try it for once.Yonbi4 17h
17h DUCK!!! The nerf bat is coming for disc Priest. No way Bliz is going to allow for a clas to be so blantly OP!!Gnarlsdarwin5 17h
18h PW: Blink twice if Vixie made you make this *blink* *blink* Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Should orcs be given access to priests?Nixxia323 18h
18h changes to hold s priest over till 8.1 Could we please just get void torrent and shadow word death baseline? that and on a side note in 8.1 please do something about our dots out side bosses and dark void I question even casting them.Myrothis0 18h
18h Void Eruption should be Instant Cast Void Eruption should be instant cast, baseline, in all content, full stop.Crembrole1 18h
21h Ilvl vs Azerite traits I plan on maining holy but for right now I am playing disc for most stuff. I am picking holy traits on my best azerite gear, and saving lower ones for disc. My question is, would a 325 chest with holy traits be better to use as disc than an ilvl 300 chest with disc traits? I guess it would depend on the traits on the lower piece?Levisa2 21h
1d Holy DPS!? Is it just me or does Holy DPS feel way lower than in legion? I know what you guys will say... why are you worried about Holy DPS? Holy is supposed to heal! I know that, but I really like to play one spec... plus SO much of the game is spent dpsing things. It sucks to only play my chosen spec when in a group. I'm not asking for Holy to have as much DPS as a dps class... not even close, but if there really is nothing to heal or when out soloing it would be nice for it to be worthwhile to throw out some dps spells. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the holy dps "rotation" but I seem to pull maybe 1/4 of a dps class if I got after it hard. It just seems really low. Am I crazy to think that Holy should be able to do just as much dps as Disc... especially because Disc can heal while DPSing and all Holy healing stops while they dps? For now when I want to do some DPS I switch to the highest dps spec priest has for solo: disc. But it's my dream to be viable (not op or competing with a real dps spec) while solo and during island expeditions.Wasselin9 1d
1d Disc Priests in open world/pvp content. They are 10 times harder to kill then any other healer, which is saying allot. And the problem is the exact same that carried over from legion. If you want them to do THIS MUCH damage you can't give them the sustain of a healer. They're a one man army right now. (pve healing and damage output is its own issue). They are doing more damage then actual casters, while healing for WAY too much. They can literally 1v3 with ease (same gear, if higher gear.. lol forget it just walk away). Even if you catch 2 of 3 kicks (3 people), it doesn't make any difference. Disc is already border line impossible to interrupt as it stands, but with the amount of throughput healing they have via damage its just absurd. There is no reason to play any other class in this game. Especially for pvp. Their mana seems bottomless as well. If you wana world pvp and you're not playing disc you're essentially doing it wrong. It's getting to a point where 50% of the people i see in "world pvp" are disc priests.Hydroxine14 1d
1d SPriest Playstyle Choices Much like how some boomkins love moonmoon and some hate it, not everyone loves void form, but enough do that I wouldn't wish for it to go away. Luckily, we have this whole talent system over here to actually give players the playstyle they want (again, like boomkins). Priests only get one DPS spec, so why not make it a little more versatile? My suggestions: * Move either Misery or Dark Void to the top row so we can have them simultaneously * Replace one of the talents in either of the bottom two rows to be Devouring Plague, which costs insanity and replaces void form (standard builder/spender where DP hits hard like it did in MoP) Keep your void priest class fantasy, let players keep their void form if they love it, but give us spriests that dislike void form a way to play our only DPS spec in a way that doesn't make us miserable.Maebe2 1d
1d Weapon Enchant Whats the best weapon enchant for disc? is that HoT effect worth it? Or should we be going with one of the secondary stat ones ?Shadowxqt2 1d
1d Dungeon Trinkets Since there is only a handful of trinkets and no real discussion on em yet, lets get one started. What are your thoughts and experiences with these trinkets and would you recommend them to use pre-raid? (These are the stats for the ilvl 300 versions of these trinkets from wowdb) Darkmoon Deck: Tides+236 Intellect Equip: Restores a moderate amount of mana when the deck is shuffled. Chance to throw a card to a random party member, healing them and bouncing to other party members. Amount of mana restored and number of bounces depends on the topmost card in the deck. (Approximately 6 procs per minute) Equip: Periodically shuffle the deck while in combat. Fangs of Intertwined Essence+141 Intellect Use: Your next 6 healing spells restore 152 mana. (2 min cooldown) Conch of Dark Whispers+141 Intellect Equip: Your spells have a chance to grant you 478 Critical Strike for 15 sec. (Approximately 1 procs per minute) Ignition Mage's FuseUse: Ignite the fuse, gaining 192 Haste every 4 sec. Haste is removed after 20 sec. (2 min cooldown) Revitalizing Voodoo Totem+141 Intellect Use: Heals the target for 0 every 0.5 sec, stacking up to 13 times. Healing starts low and increases over the duration. (1.5 min cooldown) Balefire Branch+114 Mastery (1.58 at L120) Use: Kindle your soul, gaining 900 Intellect, which decays over 20 sec or when taking damage. (1.5 min cooldown) Lady Waycrest's Music Box+141 Intellect Equip: Your damaging spells have a chance to cause a Cacaphonous Chord, dealing 0 damage to a nearby enemy. Your healing spells have a chance to cause a Harmonious Chord, restoring 0 health to a nearby injured ally. (Approximately 3 procs per minute)Jestabell5 1d
1d Disc/Holy weapon choices! Are you guys leaning towards MH/OH or Staff in your weapon choice, or are you basically just going to use whatever is the greater ilvl increase?Peelornoheal3 1d
1d Bring back spectral guise...again So, since it has been more than a year since my last topic on the matter, i've made a new one to keep my lonely crusade going. I think blizz should brink gack the old spectral guide for priests of all specs while doing the shadow re-work of 8.1, maybe as a talent option, if they finaly make feathers baseline or as an extra effect for the already existing fade spell, they have quite a few options. It had lots of potential uses, from disengaging from foes/combat, to avoiding certain mechanics if timed properly, and it added to the shadow aspect of the class, which imo has far fewer spells than holy. So, thats about it. Share some thoughts if you agree or not :PMoonda0 1d
1d Until the Rework, I'd Pass Over Shadow I know that shadow is on the list to be reworked, but I went ahead and leveled shadow. I have an affinity for it and have played it for a long, long time. It seems to be the case lately that shadow disappoints. I leveled with (not in a group) with friends of several different class groups. All reported smooth dps output and very little downtime. I, on the otherhand, spammed bubble more than mindblast. My leveling dps was absolutely laughable. The voidform ramp up (even with dark ascension) made for a very rough road. Normal instances proved the same: small spurts of dps rounding out with an underwhelming performance. I'll stay the course, but id suggest you waited until the first tuning pass.Greyvy52 1d
1d Healing Numbers Healing in BFA, Idk why, but for some reason it feels like my spells don’t heal as well compared to legion. For example, my flash heal only heals someone for around 10-15% of their health. Maybe that is normal but for some reason I remember playing my mistweaver in legion and I could take someone from almost dead to full HP in a few CDs. Did healing get slown down or is it a gear problem for me currently? Anyone else experiencing that it’s taking much longer to get people’s health back up?Voidvirus3 1d
1d Is Dispersion broken since 8.0? Dispersion used to be a life saver, whether in PVP or pulling too many bears at once. Ever since 8.0, I feel like I die just a fast and can't do anything about it cause I am dispersed. It is also not usable while shadow-locked which I can't remember if that is new or the same. At this point, it's almost worth not using because I will have a better chance bubbling and using shadow mend. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe I am just missing the bonus healing that it also used to do.Ignorant10 1d
1d M TOS last boss going oom as disc Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've done every other mythic fine. Tried lusting at different times, tried different add priorities. Keep going oom My ideas: get better gear and try again, mana pots, bring a boomkin, play holy for this bossTaylorwest4 1d
1d 8.1 Waiting Room: Shadow Edition So what are you hoping for in patch 8.1?Reinokage59 1d
1d Petition for Old Shadowform Glyph Title. many people don't like the new Shadowform. I'm among them. I think it looks gaudy. Why is there a constantly-exploding purple fart cloud in my chest. Why is the effect clipping on some pieces of gear. Why did they remove the original Shadowform animation which is one of the most iconic things I can think of for the last 12 years about our class. I rolled Priest specifically for how dope it looked. Please implement a glyph to revert to the old Shadowform so that those who do enjoy it may continue to do so, and those who prefer the old style don't want to gouge their eyes out in sadness.Worship264 1d