Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Jan 9 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.2 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was, haha). ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa6 Jan 9
6m Make Disc Priest Great Again I don't know about you all but I am not a fan of the disc playstyle in Legion. After leveling this toon up I ditched it in favor of a Resto Druid to push keys. Any of you play Disc back in MoP? Probably the funnest time I've ever had in this game. - Constant dps through smite which healed the nearest ally with the lowest health for 100% of the damage done (later nerfed to 90% if I remember correctly). - Evangalism - could stack up to qty 5 by smiting to then blow wings and increase your healing done for 18sec. Made you look cool and heal big. - Spirit Shell - We lost Hymn, but gained this ability which was huge utility on a short CD (1min) which allowed us to help the party/raid prep for big damage. Man I miss those days.Binochrist64 6m
45m How do you keep atonement on everyone? What's the trick to keeping atonement on everyone all the time while still keeping up a steady stream of healing? Do you use Plea on everyone every 10-12 seconds, or do you only keep it on the tank and just use Shadow Mend on everyone else? What's the best way to maximize Disc healing and make sure I don't have to panic if the mage won't move out of the fire in less than 5 seconds? Ps. Talking about 5 man's and Argus invasions. Pvp too.. I haven't done any as Disc yet because I'm kind of a wiener and am afraid of failure. Edit: I also have a few questions about talents, and which to take and why? L15 - Castigation, or Schism? I'm currently using Castigation because it simply feels like a decent amount more healing. I get 1 extra burst of damage/healing from Pennance, but Schism would output more healing more often, but I would need to make sure I always have atonement on the target. (see issue number 1) L75 - Sanctuary, or Clarity of Will. One is a straight damage absorption, and one is a brand new shield which has no CD and shields for more than PWS, but has a small cast time. Which one scales better, and does Sanctuary really offer that big of a damage reduction to warrant taking over CoW? And finally L90 Purge the Wicked or Divine Star. One is a straight damage boost which means more healing, and one is a new ability which means more healing. Divine Star is a static 15 second CD, but it heals allies, and then damage enemies which also heals allies, and then comes back and does it all again. Do I go the safe route and take Purge the Wicked, or do I go with a more risky route (because people move) and take possibly more healing?Stons22 45m
53m Desired Disc Changes Get rid of the cd of Power Word Shield. Get rid of Rapture. Make Evengelism a passive. No mana cost Smite. Remove recharge of Power Word: Radiance or give Disc Priests Prayer of Healing. Thanks.Xelphor18 53m
1h Shadow high skill cap? I’ve seen quite a few posts on various boards touting shadow as a high skill cap class. I’ve been dungeon spamming my spriest the past three days now level 52. I also have a maxed ele shaman and mage. I’d like to know the details on why you think shadow has a high skill cap, which is why I made the character. This is my impression so far from the dungeons. I dot up shadow Word pain on as many mobs as possible, mind blast every time on cd, mind flay inbetween, death when avaialable, shadowfiend during void form. in void form, mind blast and void bolt on cd, mind flay as filler, maintain dots. I’m only using vampiric touch on bosses or significant adds because normal trash dies too fast, and I often can’t even get pain on them all. I’d say the two most anonoying things are no burst aoe spells at all, this drives me mad because all other classes have it!, and having to move a lot during void form. I’d like to know the details on what else gives this spec a high skill cap because I’m not seeing it yet? I’m debating if I should continue or start a druid.Anacrussys8 1h
1h Holy Priest Mage Tower! Help!! I hit 110 last week on my priest and I'm still learning but I did manage to gear up a bit and Im sure Im ready for the mage tower now. With that said I keep failing on the phase where my party fights each other. I can not for the life of me pump out enough flash heals on the spirits to heal more than one per wave. I assumed being Ilvl 947 would be able to power through healing the spirits but its just not enough. I don't really understand what more I can do.Writhes5 1h
1h Disc mastery in dungeons Is there some sort of comfortable mastery cap to work towards in dungeons? I'm having trouble dealing with high sustained AoE healing damage (Shade of Medivh add phase) simply because smite and penance aren't healing enough. I'm able to keep everyone alive by spamming Shadowmend, but I can't sustain this due to mana constraint. My haste is pretty high, but my mastery is very low. Should I pick up more mastery for these type of situations? Any type of advice is welcome!Braedin9 1h
2h Holy Priests are boring.. snore.Hengesy20 2h
2h 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog #2 Last one capped out so thought Id start Pt 2. Last thread in link below. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752641255?page=26 @Nyxontha ( last poster over there ) 8/10. I feel the belt is slightly off ( prob looks better ingame ) but great shadow mog.Kibeeto359 2h
3h Average priest is average And it's annoying me. Not sure how to get out of it though. Guilds raid during hours a family man doesn't keep. PUGs won't take a person without good logs or achieves or gear, so unless I perform near the top of the curve in one of those categories, I'm outside looking in. I'm not super serious, but I'm a casual who likes being good pound for pound. Since nighthold, I've struggled with the changes to spriest stat priority, and could use some ideas about how to improve if anyone can offer them. I know the gear I'm supposed to have, and have obtained most of it, but still not seeing results. I'm average single target, and really unimpressive on 2 target fights (formerly a strength). I'm hit and miss on more targets than 2. There was a time I'd be a consistent 90 percenter, and I'd like to get back. What am I doing wrong? I usually open with a blast, dots, blast, flay and enter voidform. Most of my voidforms at least on the opener, will get up to about 50 stacks or more. Try to pop bender around 27 - 33 stacks depending on haste buffs and whether or not BL is up. If movement screws up a later voidform though, it seems I'll fall apart for about the next 60 seconds. How does one recover? On 2 target fights, I'm actually doing better swinging back a bit more to haste mastery (crit and mastery about equal). Is that normal? My dps on dogs is pure crap. What's the best balance? The stat weight experts would have me believe always haste and then crit, but my results consistently tell me to not forsake mastery entirely, especially for multi target. Where's the line drawn? any advice would help. thanks AV https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/blackhand/avaydinAvaydin7 3h
3h Divine Hymn Is it such a big deal to remove the CD on Divine Hymn and make it a 3rd Holy Spec? It inst even a good High Pucker Factor spell right now. Lower its range or make it a cone cast but its wasted right now.Aureliarose18 3h
3h (Shadow) How to deal with... .....large packs of insignificant mobs in solo PvE? Do we seriously have ZERO direct AoE spells? We seem to be the one-and-only class that is missing any form of direct AoE damage. I keep hearing that Shadow is awesome AoE, that you do ridiculous damage with AoE, etc. Yeah, sure... but not solo, apparently. I've been trying to play my Shadow Priest, and the one thing I absolutely loathe are large packs of insignificant mobs. The ones that don't even have full nameplates that always come in large groups. So far, the only way I can see that we get AoE, is by Void Disruption.. however.. VD only works on mobs that are currently affected by your SW:P. So... if I have, say, 6 mobs coming after me... I need to SW:P all 6 of them and THEN use Void Disruption.. that's assuming I have the 65 insanity required to do that? There has seriously got to be a better way to deal with these mobs. It seems so... clunky and kludgy. Whatever happened to that AoE Mind Sear spell where you targeted 1 mob and you dealt damage to everything near it? Why did they remove this? That at least worked, even if it itself felt kludgy. Otherwise, best I can tell I can do is mind sear each mob one-by-one and that takes forever, and I end up taking a rather sizable amount of damage before I finally kill all of them one-by-one.Hirai10 3h
4h Shadow Priest Everything is pruned, I miss: Devouring Plague Mind Spike Psychic Horror Spectral Guise Prayer of Mending Renew Fear Ward Leap of FaithTocuteforu19 4h
6h Shadow Queing as Healer in lfr Shadow queing as healer in lfr. I've been running into a few of these players. How does the rest of the priest community feel about this? For me I say if you que healer for the shorter amount of time then you better be pulling your weight in role you qued as. If you want to dps then que as a dps not as a healer. Before anyone says you can que as both.... I know but the raid finder informs you of the role you are put in the group as. besides on one occasion the priest in question was confronted about it... and he basically admitted he was dps and qued as healer for the shorter time... he was 2nd on dps but way under even the tanks self healing on healing... sure it's lfr... but I have been put in a raid of 25 with only 3 healers.... now imagine one of them not really healing... now imagine if you run into two of them doing this in the same raid.... it's hurts other players for their actions.Tinyheals24 6h
7h Holy loot spec question Okay so blizz understands that Holy relics ARE on our loot table right? RIGHT? I lucked out and got 930/930/940 (H/H/L) near the beginning of Tomb, but every time I raid with Holy as my loot spec, and everytime i'm lucky enough to GET a drop (a problem which deserves its own post), only life relics drop. Every single relic i've gotten from Antorus normal has been either 1. a side grade, 2. a completely terrible effect, or 3. A Life relic, which because of my luck in Tomb is always lower ilvl. And now that I think about it, i'm having the same issue with Shadow spec and Blood relics. Am I truly a victim of RNGeebus or is there something wonky in the blizz maths here?Renisha1 7h
7h Shadow, glass cannon? (pvp) Someone please explain to me why shadow does butt loads of damage but has 0 ways to beat or even put up a fight to any melee and some other ranged. If no one sees me I'm top dps everytime, but if even one melee hops on my I'm done. It's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Am I just not suppose to play shadow in pvp?? Thanks for the explanations and advice. - kassKassil9 7h
10h weakaura for ATBT Disc priest? I can't find the weakaura for the new raid to tell me when it is time to start putting up attonment?Graceffa8 10h
20h Arcano or Eonar's Compassion? -sorry for the first world problem: I was fortunate enough to get Eonar's Compassion on week 1 Now I have a 970 Eonar's Compassion. I also have a 930 titan forged arcano crystal. If I am using Velens as my other trinket, which of these should give me more throughput?Ungabunga5 20h
21h Horde Racials Hey all - was thinking about rolling a Priest and since I already play Horde I wanted to stick to that faction. I know the traditional answer is "play whatever looks good to you", but is there one race that might make playing a little easier? My plan is to stick primarily to PvE with Shadow as a main and Disc as back-up (unless I find that I like I like the healing a little more then switch it around). I see both specs like haste, so Gobbos look like an attractive option, and (as much as I don't care for them) I know Blood Elves are always a good choice. Anywho, thoughts and opinions are appreciatedZiaoshal15 21h
21h Question regarding 7.3.5 Priest Discipline, Holy Smite (Rank 1) damage reduced by 33%. Smite (Rank 2), learned at level 16, now increases damage by 50%. Is this saying at lvl 16 it's an overall buff of 17% to smite?Makeme4 21h
1d Log Analysis (Spriest) Is this forum a great place to analyze logs? Or should I go H2P discord or mmo-champion? Either way, I thought I was doing well with Varimatheras, but I ended up doing a 66% parse, which also happened to be my highest parse percentage of the evening as well. Can anybody look through my Varimatheras parse and tell me where I can get better? The only thing I can really think of is that I am missing one more piece for my 4 piece and I don't have the belt for optimal leggos. I feel like everything else I am doing right, but everybody has room to improve, so if anybody can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thank you. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zAhf73YMTPDWRpFr/#fight=last&type=damage-done&source=53Apolicious2 1d
1d Shadow Priest animations I'd honestly really love to see at some point a glyph or something that would change the coloration of the animations of certain currently light themed shadow priest spells. this seems like something simple enough to do as all you would have to change are the colorations from yellowish or white to purpleish or black to make them more shadow themed. I get that disc priests should be running around using shadow and light spells, as it fits their spec fantasy, and they currently have a glyph to make penance more shadow themed, so i think it'd be perfect to make it to where shadow priests have all shadow themed spells. the spells id love to see this applied to would be the following: Power Word: Sheild Levitate Resurrection Mass Dispel Purify Disease Dispel Magic Shackle Undead Silence i would love to see glyph that could change the animations of these spells to better match class fantasy. please blizz <3Bhilly2 1d
1d Tier 21 Stats (again...) I feel like this topic has been discussed ad nauseam lately, so forgive another post. Currently I'm running a dedicated Tier 21 build (never had 4 set 20) with binding heal and am trying to figure out the stat weights. I was running heavy mastery for awhile, then tried to start stacking Versatility to increase raw heal amount, but am now considering going back to a mastery/crit build for Echo of Light. What is working for other t21 priests right now? And is anyone with t21 not taking binding heal atm? I've been using BH since the tier but am curious for other builds not centered around keeping t20.Nepherites2 1d
1d Petition for Old Shadowform Glyph Title. many people don't like the new Shadowform. I'm among them. I think it looks gaudy. Why is there a constantly-exploding purple fart cloud in my chest. Why is the effect clipping on some pieces of gear. Why did they remove the original Shadowform animation which is one of the most iconic things I can think of for the last 12 years about our class. I rolled Priest specifically for how dope it looked. Please implement a glyph to revert to the old Shadowform so that those who do enjoy it may continue to do so, and those who prefer the old style don't want to gouge their eyes out in sadness.Worship171 1d
1d Possible translation for Old god language. When you go into Voidform as a shadow priest and try to speak, you speak a different language and looks similar to what the Old gods say and their minions. I wanted to point this out because this might be a way to translate what they say. For example: what does Yogg'Saron say when we defeat him. Good luck to anyone who tries to decipher this language.Parrie8 1d
2d I hate insanity Anyone else really dislike the mechanic overall? I played shadow since vanilla and I just really can't get into it, not trying to argue anyone, just a personal opinion.Riteaid91 2d
2d Help with equip Hello everybody i’m new with shadow priest i News confese is a class that i like a lot but is a little hard, i see a lot of guides and information about rotation and gear but i don’t sure and need you help with the next question: Is worth farm the 4 parts of the tier 20 in tomb or is prefer Go antorus and farm the highest ilvl???Fïlipa3 2d
2d Power Word: Are we almost there? Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discuss: Argus here we come?Vixie373 2d
2d Tell me about Shadow In BFA I’m thinking of swapping to a VE Priest if they take Ret in the wrong direction once again. Gonna probably do shadow/holy and I’m just curious how the playstyle is? What makes it different from a warlock/mage/boomkin at max level content and raiding? I’ve played holy a little and that’s fun as is, but never really have sat down and tried shadow. Thanks in advance!Lightswourn7 2d
2d Entry Tricks for Priests I was recently reading an article about a book called “Micromastery”. It was published in Europe in 2017 and I believe its reaching the United States in March. The author basically contends that the way to live a happy life is to learn small things like how to perfectly make an omelette, do a magic trick, or roll a kayak. He calls these things micromasteries. There’s probably some problems with his theory, but I did see a lot of truth in what he calls the “entry trick”. Every micromastery has one. It’s that little thing that someone can learn that instantly elevates their abilities. In tennis, that might be learning to put topspin on the ball. That alone can be the difference between making the JV team or the varsity team. So what is that one “little thing” or “entry trick” for your class that allows a player to instantly elevate their game? Similarly, what is that one little thing that you see someone from your own class (or any other class) do that makes you instantly think, “wow... that’s a player who really spends time with their class.” That might be a creative use of disengage, or a priest using life grip to pull someone onto the elevator as it begins to launch upward in LFR. Thanks everyone!Anistole10 2d
2d [Guide] Quick and Dirty Holy Challenge Healer Challenge Appearance Guide - Holy Priest POV (Mistweavers, Healadins, Resto Shamans and Druids will get value out of this too - just translate your own abilities). You will need to DPS. You will need CC. Put Shackle Undead on your toolbars friends. It's gonna get hectic! Talent Setup Trail of Light - really is the best talent here Perserverance - a small 10% mitigation is good for the Warriors in P1. Censure - MVP Light of the Naaru - No other choice Surge of Light - Better than binding heal - insta-Flash Heals are so good Divinity - No other choice Apotheosis - Required Gearing 909 Equipped w/4 set (Drape of Shame shared cape slot so could not use both sadly) Prydaz Velen's Future Sight Muze's Unwavering Will Int/Mastery trinket Int/Haste trinket I have a 900 Preserved Cake but its not great for this. 42 Traits in weapon (Seriously the new traits are so important for this) Consumables Flask of the Whispered Pact Potions of Prolonged Power Crit Food (Opted for burst and I already have over 40% mastery) Augment Rune Drums (25% Heroism) Phase 1 - Waves of Adds Without going through all the waves, there are a few rules to follow - Cooldown management is essential - knowing when Chastise is up and forcing it to be up is super important to stun the Mages - I do it when they are at around 60% HP. ALWAYS STUN THEM AROUND HERE - they can one shot members of your group. - Shackle Undead is so important here, but mobs gain Diminishing Returns meaning they become resistant to it (If this happens, you can get a sneaky Chastise off and have it up for the next Mage). Always shackle an Archer as it's casting Mana Sting (if one of these goes off it's not good - you can LoS it behind one of the NPCs but I wouldn't), always shackle a warrior JUST after it finishes casting Knife Dance. Never shackle mages. - Weave in smites and holy fires where possible - again, making sure Chastise is up is important. - The damage can be bursty so be super vigilant - keep Renew/PoM flowing without using too much mana and keep people topped off. Use your Holy Words liberally to keep up Divinity. - Provided you respect the above, you won't struggle until the last two waves, which are Mage/Warrior/Warrior and then Mage/Hunter/Warrior. I used drums on the final wave - it's important to note mana gets pretty sketchy but as you learn the enemy damage output, you can manage it much much better. I left phase one with 80% mana on the kill attempt without using a mana pot (Although I had to use them early on). The second last wave can be a bit bursty with the Warriors and they will eat you if you're not careful. I saved most of my CDs for these last two waves. - If you pass all the waves, you have time to drink and wait for your CDs to come back (You shouldn't need them) - Granny Marl is a useless old bat. Phase 2 - Timed Run This is actually the easiest part of the run. You have 6 minutes to deal with a bunch of adds and run up to the last boss room of BRH from where Smashbro is. I took off as much Mastery gear as possible and put on crit/haste because you won't be doing much healing here. On my first try I had just over a minute left on the timer. Pace yourself. You should feel bad if you wipe here :P -Room 1 is a bunch of eyes - kill one THEN TOP YOURSELF OFF BEFORE KILLING ANOTHER - repeat. Just outside of room 1 after you kill the eyes there's a felguard and two felbats - pull them into the room and nuke them down. These were a joke. I used Apotheosis here. - Now we go to the stairs. Use holy nova to disable the green orbs (They will mess you up otherwise). The first part has a NPC running around and 3 NPCs dying of fire. Dispell the feared NPC and don't let the other 3 die - if they die, they become a hostile add from Phase 1. Once topped off you have an Archer from Phase 1 on top of the stairs. Just kill it - shackle it to interrupt Mana Sting (Or do what I did and used the NPCs you just healed LOL). After this, just run up the rest of the stairs spamming Holy Nova to shut down green orbs. - Room 2 is an Inquisitor and 3 eyes. Burst down the Inquisitor and then the three eyes like you did the first room (Seriously, don't lose a run to an Eye explosion). - Phase 2 is done! You have time to mana up and wait for Hero/Lust debuff to wear off. I had about 5 mins left on mine so got a drink, took a bio and calmed myself because the next part sucks. Phase 3 - Welcome to Hell This is the hardest phase. Your 3 useless NPC friends will start fighting eachother and you have to keep these idiots alive in addition to topping off NPCs that will travel toward the boss. These come in waves of three, one Archer, one Mage, one Warrior - and if they reach the boss before being topped off, they will become hostile enemies at the start of the next phase (and they are a pain as they were in the first phase). Also put back on your proper healing gear (No cakes - use an Int stat stick). It's not uncommon to have 2 adds get through and have to deal with them. Your party will need attention here - but Holy Word: Sanctify should be enough to keep them alive while you focus on the other NPCs while weaving flash heals. Below is a rotation I used to top off the waves of NPCs, but bear in mind between sets of adds, as well as during you will need to drop heals on your friends. It's super important before each set comes out that you have Serenity off CD. Having your T19 4 Set is super important here for the buff. Set 1: I used Drums, Prolonged Power, and Velen's Add one; Light of T'uure > Serenity > Flash Add two; Flash spam Add three; Light of T'uure > Serenity > Flash Set 2: I used Apotheosis Add one; Flash > Serenity > Flash Add two; Flash spam Add three; Flash > Serenity > Flash Set 3/4: You should be out of CDs. Just use the same as set 2 while weaving in Light of T'uure. It's likely one or two adds will get through. It sucks wiping on this phase and beyond because you have to start again if you wipe. Once done, you'll have a chance to drink. Any NPCs that got through will spawn (They are the same as P1 adds - super easy to deal with now). If you have the Cheese Cloak (Xan'shi) equip it now if you weren't using it. Final Phase - Home Stretch This is less intense than the previous phase but vigilance is still required. I managed to one shot this without Xan'shi. It's one Boss who has only two abilities; - He will leap on you and drop a pool of felfire which does not despawn. It will mess you up if you stay in it. - The Nightbane ability where you get the debuff and you have to take enough damage so that when it expires, it doesn't explode and kill your fragile, fragile group. Go to the edge of the room and you'll move around in a circle as fire spawns, eventually ending up in the center - the room will be covered by the end of this and it's likely you'll die. If you die, don't release - you don't fail unless an NPC dies and if the boss is low they can finish him. Once you get the debuff, strafe into the fire patch and spam heal yourself. If he hasn't leapt in a while, prepare a GS/Desperate Prayer to stay alive. Oh and protip; Chastise will stun the boss :) weave in those smites. Good luck! It looks easy on paper but it keeping track of everything that's going on is pretty insane and I learned a LOT from it.Lionseraphex7 2d
3d spriest t21 struggle I've been looking over the forums to see if there were any other posts on this, but I haven't found any so I must be the only one struggling lol. After swapping to t21 I'm having a hard time maintaining a fluid rotation that doesn't involve either dropping out of void form too early, or having to wait in between casting voidforms so mindbender will line up. If I attempt to even move a short distance for something there's a high chance I'm dropping void form. I've read that high haste helps, but it doesn't seem to be helping me. I'm finally to a point where I'm pretty frustrated and wondering how others are doing. The other issue is, t21 apparently becomes fluid after stacking high haste, but it makes upgrades really hard to come by since we're so streamlined into a certain stat priority. The numbers damage wise are still ok, but the rotation just doesn't feel fluid anymore, and it doesn't feel great to play. I'm curious how other people feel about it.Keliarix24 3d
4d how to know next boss's spell disc Hi. I am trying to learn disc. Quick question, disc is all about setup before the next big hit. How do you guys setup the UI to see the incoming ability? ThanksChinerino4 4d
4d Holy Feedback And Advice Hey Folks, Looking to do some optimization after a fresh heroic clear last night so I was up against some of the team who significantly healed more efficiently than I did so I'm looking for any advice you might have to share. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YrWgQDycMpd6LT7H/#boss=-2&difficulty=0 Keep in mind a few of my items came from last nights raid as well. Appreciate any help!Envix4 4d
4d So many buttons (Disc) I tried Discipline for the first time and holy soul exhaustion there are so many buttons. So many. Jesus and Mary, the buttons. Is Discipline a spec that you're supposed to play with macros? Am I supposed to play it while madly clicking all over my bars? Am I supposed to master the art of stretching my fingers from 1 to =? I'm at a loss for what to do. I know the idea, you use atonement in order to translate your DPS into heals onto your allies, but... My hands aren't accommodating this very well. I'm either stretching my fingers across my keyboard and hitting the wrong button (or looking down at my keyboard to avoid hitting the wrong button--what a disaster, my middle school typing instructor would be so ashamed to see me all these years later) or I'm clicking back and forth from party members to my action bars in order to reach all my abilities. Discipline seems like such an interesting spec and the Dark Souls player in me is just screaming "GIT GUD" at the top of her lungs, but even Dark Souls can be played with an XBox controller. If these abilities were rolled into one, say that when used on an ally they would heal but used on an enemy they would harm, that would probably fix the entire issue, but no dice... What am I missing here? Git gud or are there some macros I should be using?Levli22 4d
4d Soul of the High Priest (Disc) Noticing a trend that many Disc priests on wclogs are using Prydaz+Velen's over the old Soul of the High Priest + Velen's. Is it that the stat difference at ilvl 1000 makes it no longer worth having the extra Twist of Fate talent (since SotHP comes with a lot less secondary stats)? Or is it that most fights are just favorable towards having Prydaz? Thoughts?Moringa3 4d
4d DoT Damage Tracker? I'm looking for a add on that's not weak auras, for classes with DoT's . For example when i go into VoidForm on my Priest and get 38 stacks of insanity and apply my DoT i don't want to make the mistake of overlapping the DoT with a weaker one after VoidForm fades. Thanks for readingShannox2 4d
4d Heal vs. Flash Heal Why do heal and Flash heal, have only a minute difference in the tooltip? Am I missing something? Seems like heal is completely useless given that Flash Heal does pretty much the same thing, unless I'm completely oblivious and am missing a key component here. Someone please shed some light on this for me.Destroyer25 4d
4d Shadow crash needs a buff I feel like shadow crash need to apply VT and SwP instantly, It would help so much if spriests in mythic plus had a quick way to apply dots, like afflic does. Im also a crap priest so maybe i dont know wtf im talking bout so go easy on me :/Lovepriest1 4d
5d Advice/ Analysis on 3 fights? Logs inside Hey Guys, Can you check out my logs for Garothi, AHC, and Portal keeper? We were 6 or 7 healing and just want to know if I'm on the right track or doing anything blatantly wrong. This is my second ever raid not counting 3 runs in raid finder. One thing I know i need is more rapture use (when tho?), and more PTW uptime (any WA scripts out there for this?) Thanks for any help. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tNWcxv7paKq1mnRFLightwerk2 5d
5d pick apart my logs please If some of you could take a look at my logs that would awesome, also a priest named Co in my guild. I know there are a few things like more haste and staying in void form longer and stuff but I'm curios if theres anything else we can do to help us push our numbers up and get better. Thank you in advance. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/illidan/hooiee https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/47PkWKM9gywmNrGF Edit: i forgot to post the links.Hooiee6 5d
5d Disc Talent I would like a disc talent that put my dps on par with a dps class at the expense of dividing atonement healing evenly among all affected players and reducing it accordingly.Sahariel18 5d
5d Looking for mage tower advice with holy My current goal this expansion is to complete the mage tower on every spec in the game. So far ive completed most specs but ive been finding the healing and tanking mage towers to be a cut above the rest. Ive completed resto druid and holy pally so i know the encounter and the stages. In fact the opening stages i find the priest amazing since it has chains and a 5 second stun so it has great cc. My issue is the ghost phase where you have to heal 8 ghosts. I get destroyed here unless serenity crits. My allies are no help and just destroy each other. Normally i would try and heal 3 the first wave 2 then 2 then 1 and only have 2 adds but im struggling to heal 2 adds a wave and keep my group up. I try and save grip for first ghost wave, guardian spirit for 2nd, and i start with divine hymn for the 3 wave. I find divine hymn to be pretty week and only useful for the healing % buff is this normal? My only holy legendaries are crappy bracers and a bunch of shadow legendaries. Are their any tips to get through the ghost wave easier i just feel like im pumping out heals and not getting anywhere unless i get a lucky crit. Im following the base talent guides ive found online. Its just a brutal encounter. I absolutely hate the ghost wave phase as i cant drums or party just obliterates themselves. Every time i cleared the mage tower on my other healers i avoided using drums as the party just self destructs when i do. I mean my priest is 935 and its struggling more then my other 2 healers that did it 20 ilevels+ lower.Zorosblade9 5d
5d Spriest Lore/RP locations Looking to find some places in azeroth that Shadow Priests would naturally hang out lore wise and rp wise. Im not meaning someone hiding the fact that theyre a shadow priest but people who openly weild the void. Id prefer some Alliance friendly locations, also if anyone knows places in Capitals that shadow priests could be accepted. I know there may be more in BfA because of Void Elves but just wonderingBhilly0 5d
6d Battle for Azeroth shadow priest change. Dear Blizzard, I would really like a change for shadow priest play style in the upcoming expansion. I have played shadow priest as my main character in WoW for roughly 9 years, I've loved everything about the spec as a whole until the legion class change to the new voidform/insanity play style came into effect. I understand that the Blizzard team is probably proud of the class redesign they have made to the Shadow spec and many WoW player may enjoy it as well and would not like it to change. BUT I am also aware that many shadow priest players for years like myself do NOT like the state of shadow priest. Instead of doing away with the voidform/insanity play style maybe in the Battle for Azeroth expansion give players the choice via talent tree to resume the new voidform/insanity design play style, or just completely get rid of it :). And possibly have shadow priest have baseline damage/abilities and play style back to the original state before Legion expansion and giving the option for the voidform talent for the players that do enjoy it, Thus making everyone happy. Thanks.Darkmindz34 6d
6d Disc priest HELP So in 8 plus mythics I'm having a hard time keeping everyone healthy. Like when should I be healing through atonements and when should I be healing them directly. Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance. ;)Gilley7 6d
6d My healing numbers suck, need advice Okay! I have gone by all the guides for gear, rotation, etc, and I'm sucking hard. 945 ilvl. I don't have a warcraft log (oops) but here's a details screen from tonight. I got trounced by a 938. https://imgur.com/aCdRibT My armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/ysondre/patience I really appreciate it! edit: I know my leggo isn't ideal. RNG is not my friend, my other option is the boots.Patience33 6d
6d Which DoT has more priority? If I only have the time to place 1 DoT on an enemy, should it be SW:Pain or Vampiric Touch? SW:Pain is faster and can be cast while moving, but Vampiric touch seems to do more damage and also heals me.Luxumbral5 6d
6d disc or holy for pvp? disc feels clunky with atonement, but maybe i am doing it wrong. is it honor talent dependent because they are not all unlocked yet. Just wondering why so many discs are on the ladder when it feels like it heals poorly.Xozi6 6d