Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Sep 30 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.5 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was). (Recently RoH was nerfed to only buff the casting priest's healing by 50% for it's duration- It just works as a delay for all other healers. It is still unequivocally the best talent for RBGs and BGs.) ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa15 Sep 30
13m Disc priest god mode Hey Blizzard, When are you going to do something about these GOD MODE disc priests in bg's? Really makes it worthless to play if the other side has one. I dont even want them on my team either. A level playing field is all we ask. They are almost impossible to kill. Comon man,, im back into bg's after some years and am trying to enjoy it. even with the unkillable disc priests. can you please lessen their abilities that others may at least have fun? No it is not fun to know you are dead no matter how many people are there helping.Mîko7 13m
32m Do priest healers suck on grievous AFFIX? idk feels like I sit at 5 stacks of grievous more often with priest heals, while other healers like MW and RDRUID clear it off almost immediatelyJustthegrip9 32m
1h The state of spriest This thread is mainly about spriests and their play style in arena. Currently, spriests are locked into a counter intuitive anti-fun playstyle, where you sit on 100 insanity for damage reduction and don’t ever use half of your damage rotation. This is bad because not only is it not fun to play as, it’s not very fun to play against. Spriests should be one of the “tankier” casters by design because they lack the mobility to stay alive against melee cleaves, but I believe blizzard has delivered this tankiness in the wrong way, with the wrong drawbacks. An idea I had that I believe can help alleviate this problem actually involves removing voidform entirely, as I don’t really see it having a place in the current design of BFA. The idea is that instead of void form, we receive an ability, similar to void torrent except on a short cd, maybe 6-8 seconds, that drains insanity over a channel, dealing some burst damage. This doesn’t solve the problem alone however. I then think that EoI needs to be changed so that the damage reduction is cumulative with insanity. So for every 10 insanity, 2% damage reduction. This way sitting at 100 insanity still gives 20% damage reduction, but using your kit doesn’t completely make you a sitting duck, as you’d be able to cancel the channel before reaching 0 insanity, and retaining at least a bit of damage reduction. Finally an AoE spell for dumping insanity would also be needed, as PvE must always be a factor that’s considered. I propose that mind sear stay the way it is, and a new ability is added, let’s call it “searing tendrils” or something. It would be a hellfire type ability, channeled but able to move while channeling, giving a slight move speed buff and draining insanity over the duration. I think this ability would still come in handy for arena, as it allows the spriest to trade out some damage and damage reduction for some extra mobility. With this new system, a lot of talents/Azeroth traits involving void form and void torrent would need to be replaced, but right now there’s not much flexibility in the talent tree anyway. Thanks for reading, let me know what you think. P.S. I know that this idea is not likely to be picked up by blizzard, I just thought I’d share it and see what the priest forums might think.Qwanda0 1h
1h Shadow feels really good in 3s tbh Most may not agree, but this is the best I've felt on the class since pre-nerfs in MoP. Here's some 2300ish MMR Owlplay gameplay. We have so much utility it's insane. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324687193Fadingtwo6 1h
2h Horde race for disc? Im going to level a priest as my first healer and ive settled on disc. Originally I was going to level a BE but now im considering trolls or goblins as a third wheel. In terms of aesthetics id rather go BE or trolls but i wouldnt mind the extra movement as a goblin cuz ive been wanting to make a goblin. Goblins and trolls giving haste is nice too. Do you prefer any race for pvp content as a disc priest? What about aesthetics/feel, and by feel i mean like how humans and paladin just fits, orc and warrior/shaman, night elves as druids etc compared to like a blood elf monk or somethin weirdIstealthl10 2h
2h Sooo... don't make a priest?... I was thinking of making a healing when Kul tiran humans come out. The most obvious classes that I think/know they'll be is Druid Monk And Priest. But I'm hearing you guys are getting nerfed? They were pretty damn hard to kill PVP wise even if you kick that dark mending cast. Are they worth still playing?Synah3 2h
2h I predict Binding Heal will be dead in 8.1 My reasoning is as follows: Binding Heal Mana cost: 2,900 Adjusted* mana cost in Legion Pre-Buff: 3,000 Total healing (caster is uninjured): 150% spell power Total Healing (caster is injured): 225% spell power Flash Heal Mana cost: 3,000 Adjusted* Mana cost in Legion: 3,000 Total Healing w/ Trail of Light: 202.5% (135% + 67.5%) *Adjusted to the relative cost due to the BFA Stat squish So if you are not injured then Flash Heal w/ Trail is 35% stronger, If you are injured, than Binding Heal 10% stronger. So for Binding Heal to outdo Flash Heal you'll need to be injured for 75% of every cast (pretty much never gonna happen, maybe on Vectis). Throughput Winner: Flash Heal If you get ONE Surge of light proc every 30 second, then it gives the same effective mana as Enlightenment, and you usually get a proc every 20 seconds. So Flash Heal will be less mana intensive than Binding Heal. Mana Value Winner: Flash Heal Pre-buff Binding Heal was never used in Legion because the mana cost was too high to be useful. The 20% mana cost increase is returning it to pre-buff Legion version, and if it was never used in Legion, it will probably never be used in BfAPopeonarope4 2h
2h Vote: Will Blizzard Ever Balance Holy for PvP I don't think it will happen but here's to hoping!Ibnezra5 2h
3h Priest will always RULE! Bring on the nerfs. Maybe its time to really roll up our sleeves. Show no Mercy. Git gud. We'll still reign.Beamz7 3h
4h Shadow priest is boring :/ Is it me or shadow priest is so damm boring in this expansion? Visuals, rotation, look and feel, almost everything looks so boring. What do you think?Mandriuz13 4h
4h Best Disc talents for M+?? Now that we’re pretty far into BFA, what is everyone’s favorite Mythic+ healing spec?Warmongr0 4h
5h Disc PVP 8.1 PTR is terrible. Echoing my post on the Arena forums in the hope that it gets seen by a dev with a brain - The blanket nerfs across the board to Disc need to be offset with some PVP specific adjustments. The changes are obviously PVE orientated, except for the focused will further nerf which makes no sense at all. Focused will nerfed to 15% - We already get flopped with it being 20% since it got nerfed already. Damage nerfs across the board, on literally every spell. Weakened soul returning, so can only shield every 6 seconds. Woo 10k shields.. Atonement healing reduced. Mana increase to spells by a more than marginal amount. Yes, our damage is strong. Yes we are good in 2's but the entire class is built around doing damage and being tanky. Take that away and we are just a clothy with no mobility and shadowmend that heals for !@#$ all. Melee cleaves already outright %^-* on us, you can literally disapear in kidney shots and they are nerfing our survivability more. The class will be dumpster tier after this. How can they not see this.Jøhnø4 5h
5h 55% atonement transfer on PTR ew ew ew ew ew ew EWKalakbar27 5h
6h Shadowy Apparitions not critting? Bug? I've noticed not a single one of my Shadowy Apparitions crit. Is this a bug or intended? I'm trying to gear up with as much crit as possible and using 2 traits that increases my Shadowy Apparitions damage with the Auspicious Spirits talent (increases SA damage by 100%.) I've sat at a dummy for what seemed like forever and not a single crit in my Skada log.Slitmythrøat0 6h
7h Holy DPS!? Is it just me or does Holy DPS feel way lower than in legion? I know what you guys will say... why are you worried about Holy DPS? Holy is supposed to heal! I know that, but I really like to play one spec... plus SO much of the game is spent dpsing things. It sucks to only play my chosen spec when in a group. I'm not asking for Holy to have as much DPS as a dps class... not even close, but if there really is nothing to heal or when out soloing it would be nice for it to be worthwhile to throw out some dps spells. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the holy dps "rotation" but I seem to pull maybe 1/4 of a dps class if I got after it hard. It just seems really low. Am I crazy to think that Holy should be able to do just as much dps as Disc... especially because Disc can heal while DPSing and all Holy healing stops while they dps? For now when I want to do some DPS I switch to the highest dps spec priest has for solo: disc. But it's my dream to be viable (not op or competing with a real dps spec) while solo and during island expeditions.Wasselin31 7h
9h Get Rid of Voidform: How To Guide Cross-posting from the BFA Class Forums, for more Priest thoughts. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769456829 Voidform is the root of all problems with Shadow right now. The solution is simple. Kill Voidform. Issues with Voidform include: * It adds an unfun ramp-up which we cannot control, we can't delay it like a burst cooldown, but it completely controls our gameplay, removing our agency * It sucks up a colossal amount of our power budget without adding anything fun to gameplay * It feels clunky to get into, we have to build up 100 Insanity, then cast a spell, we are a wet noodle without it * It feels like no dev has ever entered Voidform, we are constantly waiting on Mind Blast and Void Bolt cooldowns which don't align and cannot be delayed, interrupting or not even bothering to cast Mind Flays inbetween these casts There is nothing enjoyable, fun, or challenging about Voidform. The only redeeming quality is the better cast animations and appearance. The solution to that is simple, replace Shadowform with Voidform animations and levitation: a visually upgraded Shadowform that is persistent. What would this require? - Remove Voidform (damage and mass hysteria effect) - Remove Void Bolt (requires Void Form but just stating this for the record) - Remove Void Eruption - Remove Insanity - Remove Mania (requires Insanity) - Remove Lingering Insanity (requires Voidform) - Remove Legacy of the Void (improves Voidform) - Remove Dark Ascension (enters Voidform) - Remove Surrender to Madness (empowers Voidform) Won't this require years of rebalancing damage output? Nope! I did the math. It's done. I want this to be as easy as possible for the devs to try - and a key part of my proposal is that I have already done the hard work. Here is the Math: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJL3V2R93c5Stj-MdeYbvM01xjeBPAC1ZwJ3G6GaSPk/edit?usp=sharing What this means is that after removing Void Abilities, Voidform damage and haste, the devs should buff all Shadow spells by 54%: This includes spells like: - Mind Blast / Shadow Word: Void - Shadow Word: Pain - Vampiric Touch - Mind Flay - Shadow Word: Death - Shadowfiend / Mindbender - Shadowy Apparitions Is this a sneaky Shadowpriest buff? No. This would produce the ~exact same DPS we have today. It is not a buff or nerf to Shadowpriests relative to other classes. We would remain in the bottom half of the DPS spectrum. However, from a development standpoint, I might recommend buffing us only by 50%, rather than 54%. If it appears we're underperforming after a couple weeks, give us the other 4% (or whatever is appropriate). House Cleaning The aftermath of the above does have an impact on some talents which require Insanity or Voidform to function. I feel obligated to clean house by offering ideas for affected talents, but I don't want this to be the focus of this post. Voidform must go, that's what matters here. Replace Mania with Spectral Guise, one of the cooler Shadow spells ever made, mistakenly deleted, now restored Replace Lingering Insanity with The Quickening: gain 5% haste passively, and gain an additional 10% for 5 seconds when a target you recently damaged dies (does not stack). Replace Legacy of the Void with Devouring Despair - Each cast of Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death grants a Shadow Orb. Devouring Despair consumes 3 Shadow Orbs (max 5) to deal damage every second for 6 seconds, and heals the Spriest for 2% of max health per second Replace Dark Ascension with Dark Archangel - Grants you cosmetic wings and 20% increased Shadow damage for 12 seconds, on a 60 second cooldown Replace Surrender To Madness with Clarity of Power - Your Mind Blast becomes an instant cast, and your Mind Flay is replaced with Mind Spike. Mind Spike removes your DoTs, but increases the damage of your next Mind Blast by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.Yvaelle63 9h
9h Shadow Priest PVP Okay... I am about ready to shelve my Spriest. No matter what talents I use, no matter what I throw together, in PVP its just awful. Everything I need to do takes a cast and 70% of the time I am spell locked and before I can cast I am already at 50% health. Now, of course in a BG where I can hide and cast I can do middle of the pack damage and depending on the group I can finish at the top but when I am in a direct fight I dont have a prayer vs melee. Is this by design??? Am I not supposed to have a chance? Why would anyone play a caster at this point or at least this spec? I have no real way of getting away (No blink, etc...) - I just get hammered. Why would they do this? If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong or if its just the class that would be great!Radiuss18 9h
11h Any word on the Shadow Rework? I've been following the PTR but I haven't really kept up to date on the forums. Is there ANY news on Shadow yet cos I haven't seen any changes on the PTR...Sealth8 11h
13h Time to retire grievous or buff disc... you choose blizzard.Bodytriangle20 13h
15h 2018 - Rate That Priest Mog #1 Just continuing this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757497808?page=26 @ Inhell Sexy and elegant. 9/10Theola313 15h
20h Label Disc as a Hybrid Spec Alrdy just make Disc do 50% of a top dpsers damage and 50% of a top healers healing and be done with it already. You messed up blizzard by making a DPS healer spec and now own up to it. ex. Top healer can do 35k HPS, Disc should do 17.5k hps. Top DPS does 22k dps, Disc should do 11k DPS. So then This way ne1 who wants to play Disc will have to play with another Disc priests for anything they want to do. TYMichaelsog9 20h
20h Disc nerf ::RANT:: Thank you blizzard for pretty much destroying a spec that requires constant awareness and reaction. It is so irresponsible to nerf it so much it will now be at the bottom of the charts. Damage nerf, mana nerf, atonement nerf. I am the first to admit disc did need a tiny nerf but this is just laughable right now. Why should I put in all the effort for great numbers when in the end it will still suck because you made it useless. Maybe if azerite trait damage affected atonement I would understand but damn this is just SAD.Blazinhealz23 20h
21h Shadow priest race Alliance? I’m current faction/race changing my priest and I can’t choose between female human, night elf and void elf. It’s so hard to choose. Which of the 3 should I choose in terms of looks/transmog and casting animations?Zappygrunk1 21h
23h As predicted! Disc isn't OP as all thought. It's the start of the expansion and every1 is whining about disc priest being too OP at everything. Little did they know that the information they were seeing was incorrect. With some number crunching towards higher item levels you can clearly see discs aren't as OP as everyone thought. Sure disc priest throw out some good healing numbers but that is because they are a reactive class meaning you have to plan ahead. So the only reason you see them beating out other healers is because well. they are planning ahead and basically healing the team asap which means less healing for the other healers. Not only that but what people are being shown are basically top tiered players playing with other players that basically do not mess up mechanics 99% of the time. Go into a group with pugs that do not do mechanics as well as the top 1% and what you will see is other healers taking over because disc is sooo reliant on others not making any mistakes. It's sad to see but U can always level a pally alt or go holy. Disc is getting pushed into the ground due to inaccurate information and impatience leading it's way to being one of the worst healing specs in the game until the full rotation of buffs and nerfs come around once again. Blizzard is unable to balance this game and that is a simple fact. The game was way more balanced back in the day with the rock paper scissors class theme in mind.Michaelsog50 23h
1d holy priest vuhdo layout What are your mouseovers? I've been playing disc all of bfa and wanted to try holy out, but there seems way more healing spells and I cant find a comfortable layout. On a related note, if I take binding heal during a raid is it safe to unbind heal?Tomer8 1d
1d PTR more disc nerfs? Why =( Solace nerfed. Purge the wicked nerfed. Schism nerfed. =(Jøhnø44 1d
1d Offset disc nerfs with QOL Changes Easiesr or less clunky atonement applicator. Some thoughts: Increase it's duration to 20 seconds base. Contrition reworked; Each time penance heals a friendly target, atonement is applied to an injured ally who does not have atonement active. Each time Purge the wicked ticks, it has a 30% chance to apply atonement to an injured ally. Shield discipline; When a shield is fully absorbed, it refreshes on a new target at 75% of it's original strength, diminishing with each bounce by 15%. Atonement is applied at a diminishing rate also. Basically make the spec more fluid.Jøhnø8 1d
1d Is shadow playable on PTR? Title, looking to try out PTR, want to play shadow or is it still down for the "rework"Consentual10 1d
1d Low level dungeons Im currently leveling with a friend (a hunter) and here im a day or two we will be doing dungeons. Should I be doing dungeons as disc or as holy in the lower levels? Im new to priest but I've done healing on a resto druid at end game. So im new but not that new.Fuzx4 1d
1d Switching targets I'm new to disc and while I enjoy the style of play with atonement it's a bit annoying switching from party members to give them atonement and then dps enemies. I sometimes get lost in the midst of battle and forget to reapply the shield to the tank til his health starts to drop. Any suggestions?Veilofmaya5 1d
1d Holy Talent Tree Hello fellow AMAZING priest players. I am looking for advice. I am trying to figure out the best talents to get the best healing. I am trying to improve my game. I do well but always room to improve. My current selection for raids are: tier 1 enlightenment tier 2 Angelic Feather tier 3 Cosmic Ripple Tier 4 Censure Tier 5 Binding Heal ( i replaced binding heal with Heal on my vuhdo So i dont use heal at all) Tier 6 Benediction Tier 7 Ok this is the real hard one. I like all of them I used salvation for a while and light of the naaru. also, i have not used but am curious about apotheosis. This is the big question on what is best and when shoudl i use this tier. any advice would be much appreciated. I am 370 ilvl and i am trying to get mainly mastery and crit but with uldir pretty much just giving me versatility on every piece of gear should i be tyring to get versatility?Warspriest7 1d
1d New PTR Sticky for Priest We'd rather you play holy priest in 8.1Superdon5 1d
1d Pvp Talents Mostly interested in hearing about talent row 90 (purge the wicked, halo and divine star) and also what pvp talents are best in arena's and bg'sChegh4 1d
1d Weakend Soul Idea? this is an idea i had if they thought about making changes to Power Word: Shield when BfA first came out add a new mechanic where each time PWS is cast you (the priest not the target) gain Weakened Soul for about 6 seconds. Weakened Soul reduces PWS' shield by 3%, and further casts during Weakened Soul refresh its duration and add a stack (stacks upto 5 times, reducing any shields cast with Weakened Soul by 15% at max stacks), tho casting Smite, Shadowmend and Penance would reduce Weakened Souls duration by 1 second. Rapture should also removes all stacks of Weakened Soul and prevents it from being reapplied for its duration this way PWS could still be used when needed on any ally to either shield or apply atonement but being used too much or spammed would weaken it, but not to the point where it is useless, but using other spells as you normally would would remove the short debuff quicker.Arlunya1 1d
1d Anyone else feel... ...like there are some truly sadistic people at Blizz HQ with this week's affixes? -_-Moringa13 1d
1d Which healer to be? I’m posting here because I keep seeing either holy priest or resto Druid are the easiest but I’d like to see what you guys think. I want to start a healer but there’s a couple things. Which healer is the easiest to learn but still viable (if that counts for healers)? Also, do you have to use a mouse to play a healer? I can only play with one hand but I have a razer Tartarus gamepad which makes dpsing not really hard at all (for healing I can keybind like Target party 1,2,3,4).Tsumi7 1d
1d Should I kick Penance or ShadowMend? Which one hurts the priest more?Lüx3 1d
1d 8.1 Shadow Rework Do you guys think shadow in 8.1 is just gonna have numbers/talents, etc tuning or do you think they’ll remove void form?Deathtlove59 1d
1d shadow priests will we see a rework in this expac at all or atleast a tune up in 8.1?Rayvën26 1d
2d Depth of Shadows Well guys! there we go! we got our buff to make up for the 9806523082 upcomming nerfs! enjoy casting one slightly stronger shadowmend! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrbbbbbbaaaaaaagggggeeeeeHealyelflol0 2d
2d Disc Priest Interrupt Should we get an interrupt? Resto shaman has wind shear, hex, and capacitor totem, Paladin has hammer of justice, druid has up to two different interrupts *3 can be talented depending on what you want, and Holy priest does have Chastise. Currently we are the only healing spec with no interrupt available to us.Netheara17 2d
2d Weapon Enchant Debate Hey guys, another theory question. Been running a fairly heavy mastery build which includes the Masterful Nav weapon enchant. I feel like my mastery is in a good spot now with my gear level, and have contemplated trying out the Coastal Surge weapon enchant before going back to Deadly Nav. Has anyone tested Coastal Surge, or is currently running it? I see from some quick research that it can proc 3-4times a minute, and would be another hot for us (although not triggering Echoes) but am unsure if its enough of a hps increase to negate the stat increase from the other Nav enchants. Whats your thoughts, priest community?Nightlights0 2d
2d Shadow Priests in Mythic+ Just a few thoughts on spriest in M+ at the moment and what changes I think might help. Battle rez: We are competing for spots with moonkins and warlocks but don't offer nearly the utility and don't have a rez. More rezzes available on dps classes also helps non-druid healers and non-DK tanks. More single target damage: This could come from a few places. One, I like the idea of our DoTs doing more damage if they're only applied to one target, since that would offer some niche uses outside of solely single target situations and this isn't hurt by our mobility issues. Or two, another mind flay buff. The last one should have been like 50% not 10%. Or three, a large buff to Mind Blast/Shadow Word: Void. Utility: Mind Sear needs to apply a slow like Mind Flay does. I would like both Mind Flay and Mind Sear to apply a stacking debuff that slows the target for X seconds per tick after the channel is done so you don't have to be spamming it into the mob or pack to get the slow. Utility: Mind Bomb is garbage. I understand not wanting a lot of AoE stuns but taking ours (and warriors') away is pretty annoying considering we're barely a thing at the moment. This needs to either be instant cast so I can actually use it to interrupt without predicting the future, or it needs to not break on damage and be shorter duration. Survivability: Dispersion needs to be better. Please buff the classes that are at the bottom of the tier in M+ and don't let it be dominated by a few for the entire expansion. We were already not great at the end of Legion and this just continues now. 60% of the dps players that have cleared a +15 in time are rogues, demon hunters, or mages (https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-bfa-1/all/world/leaderboards-strict#role=dps:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=15:maxMythicLevel=99). That is unacceptable.Kerek8 2d
2d Overheat mechanic for Shadow Priests Please give shadow priests' insanity an overheat mechanic. Remove insanity generation from dots, or decrease them. Increase insanity decay. Make Mind Blast instant cast and have 2/3 stacks, increase insanity generated by them. Decrease its damage. Make Shadowy Insight refresh a Mind Blast stack. Nerf edge of insanity, but make it baseline. Give us damage reduction based on insanity. 0-50 insanity = ramp up 50-99 insanity = increased damage and damage reduction. 100 insanity = instant void form Void Form has no damage reduction but access to Void abilities and increased damage, say 20%. It should be short, with a high burst. We could maintain high insanity for damage, and use mind blast to control if we want to enter void form or not during burst phases, with a trade off of being more vulnerable. This would feel more rewarding to maintain high insanity, while punishing poor usage. As it is right now, you never want to enter void form in pvp, and you want to dump it instantly in pve. Void Form should be something that is more engaging.Redxyz1 2d
2d Dispel magic Anyone got a list of buffs I can dispel in arena? Can't find anythingSlipeddisc3 2d
2d Chorus of Insanity Does it stack if I have 2 pieces with this trait?Prospera1 2d
2d Disc smite + mitigation interaction? I was wondering if the damage absorb applied by smite worked before or after tank mitigation. Does anyone know that offhand?Chawmp5 2d
2d What race for an alliance priest? Can't figure out between female Draenei or Human. Which looks better in and game armor? Which facials are better?Leif27 2d