Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Apr 11 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.5 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was). (Recently RoH was nerfed to only buff the casting priest's healing by 50% for it's duration- It just works as a delay for all other healers. It is still unequivocally the best talent for RBGs and BGs.) ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa13 Apr 11
2m Disc - More Penance! I LOVE Penance. It looks, sounds, and feels amazing. Whether I'm blasting enemies or allies, it just feels great and is the MOST FUN healing skill I've experienced in WoW. Shadowmend, on the other hand, is one of the most bland, generic, and yet, somehow, simultaneously the most confusing skill I've ever seen. The debuff it applies leads new players to believe that it's not meant to be used in combat, yet it is actually the primary emergency spot heal when Penance is on cooldown. It's like it tries to be "complex", but is just another generic spot heal. Shadowmend currently exists to fit the requirement of a high-cost, no-cooldown, emergency spot heal, but Discipline would be significantly more fun if Penance was that role. I'm wondering what you think about this possible idea: 1. Penance cooldown removed. 2. Penance mana cost increased to balance no cooldown. 3. Shadowmend removed or tweaked to discourage use during combat (like the tooltip already implies). Do you have any additional thoughts, alternative ideas, or should it just not change at all?Carecake3 2m
2m holy potentially getting fear back in BFA Via Wowhead: Psychic Scream Lets out a psychic scream, causing 5 enemies within 8 yards to flee, disorienting them for 8 sec. Damage may interrupt the effect. Specializations changed from Discipline/Shadow to Discipline/Holy/Shadow Psychic Voice Reduces the cooldown of Psychic Scream by 30 sec. Specializations changed from Discipline to Discipline/Holy http://www.wowhead.com/news=281580/battle-for-azeroth-build-25976-class-changes-and-vulpera-race I'm interested Edit: Also disc might be getting renew? Doubtful but from the way this is written: Perseverance When you cast Renew on yourself, it reduces all damage you take by 10%. Specializations changed from Holy to Discipline/HolyLarisa9 2m
1h Discipline Shadowmend feels WRONG. (in 5-man) Disclaimer: I play only 5-man Mythic+ PUG content and do not raid. The issue: So I picked up Discipline Priest because the concept of attacking an enemy to heal is something I wanted to do in WoW since Fistweaving was removed from the game (no, the garbage in here now is not what fistweaving should be). When I started my priest it was a breath of fresh air. I was dealing damage, learning to just pop atonement on anyone a little hurt. I had to setup a million macros and mods to make the damage / healing work well, but it was worth it. Then the content got harder, and the gameplay changed... Now I have to utilize the generic healing spell, Shadowmend, like any other healer to keep up with the damage dealt, and atonement / smite absorption only works against light to medium damage. Apparently end game healing for Discipline priest is basically weaving a basic single target heal (Shadowmend) with damage skills. At its best, this just feels like a Druid where you would HOT then wrath. This feels like a wasted opportunity for a unique class specialization that has legitimate potential to capture the elusive gap between DPS and healer gameplay. There is a lot of potential in Discipline being a completely different healing experience for those that don't like the traditional healers, but with the way they are now with atonement being so basically weak that it's no different than any other healer when you have to utilize Shadowmend instead of a damage spell alternative. (Also, the debuff from Shadowmend really leads one to believe it's meant to be avoided. WTF is the point in that weird debuff if it has no meaning?) EDIT: Just found these changes to Discipline priest: http://www.wowhead.com/news=282941/battle-for-azeroth-build-26287-class-and-ability-changes In particular, this line was very harrowing: (REMOVED) Mastery: Absolution Increases the healing transferred through Atonement by 13.0%. (NEW) Mastery: Reverence Increases the damage of Penance, the absorption of Power Word: Shield, and the healing of Shadow Mend by 11.0%. So it looks like they will actually increase the need for Shadowmend's usage in BFA. It seems like the DPS healer fantasy of Discipline might get phased out like Fistweaving did back in MOP.Carecake63 1h
3h Noob Shadow questions... I've never played Shadow before, but decided to (finally) give it a go... On training dummies I feel I do alright, but when it comes to actual combat things are much trickier. So, I want to ask: 1) What makes it easier for you to apply dots on everything, since addons like EnemyGrid no longer work? Mouseover macros or tab-targetting? If it's mouseovers, then how do you set your nameplates (stacking or no? any particularly fancy config)? 2) How do you deal with stuff dying too quickly? Just consign yourself to the knowledge that, at least, you can DPS the bosses but not the trash? 3) Do you /focus the tank or the mobs? (Yes, I've been playing healer too long). Thanks :) D.Daervon3 3h
3h What has happened to our spec? I feel so soulless now playing my Spriest. I have to apply dots everywhere like some sort of neutered afflic lock and am heavily reliant upon my artifact weapons stupid ability that can only be used with void erruption. I feel as though I could repaint my abilities green/red and just say I am a warlock and nobody would bat an eye. Its like my spec has no soul.Lindisfarne5 3h
3h Why hasnt everyone switched to priest? Apparently blizzard wants priest to dominate the game now. Had half our team beating on a holy priest and it took forever to kill them. Its ridiculous that blizzard makes one class that overpowered. Used to be disc and I guess holy complained enough so now they get to be on top for a while. I'm sure glad I don't have to pay money for this game any more I'm sure if they didn't let you pay with gold it would be going down hill a lot faster.Edwin11 3h
5h 2018 - Rate That Priest Mog #1 Just continuing this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757497808?page=26 @ Inhell Sexy and elegant. 9/10Theola25 5h
6h Best shadow priest race? What is the best race for DPS increase? I feel right now it would be gnome or trollSwalls23 6h
9h PW: Blink twice if Vixie made you make this *blink* *blink* Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Should orcs be given access to priests?Nixxia217 9h
17h Hello Priests Hello Priests and Priestesses. I'm just writing you a hello from the Paladin community. You're like our sister class, and it's good to stay caught up with one another. May I ask how you are all doing? How is BFA looking for you?Jawah11 17h
19h Any existing spriests going/gone void elf? And was it for the matching aesthetic, the racials, an rp/lore-type sense of continuity, or something else?Qoath36 19h
20h Best holy legendaries (farm) Somebody tried to convince me I should be using the cloak over Prydaz (on farm, we quit mythic progression). That seems just wrong to me. Am I crazy?Noxona5 20h
1d Binding Heal vs Piety Hey all I'm new to priest and I am able to pull decent numbers running piety. I am happy with my priests hps so far. However, my guild is going to start mythic soon and a few of my friends have told me binding heal has better throughput than piety. Any thoughts? I am particularly curious about over-healing since you cannot control where one of the heals goes (at least I think so). Thanks for advice. I have full tier and am currently using velens and prydaz. hoping to get cloak soon.Nonprophet34 1d
1d How is questing as a holy priest? Hi, I would like to level a holy priest when I finish leveling my current protection warrior, but I'm not one to grind dungeons as it gets boring to me after a while. I'd like to take a holy priest, queuing for dungeons for the storyline conclusions as well as learning how to do the healing role in case I choose to raid somewhere down the line. With the new leveling changes, I'm already feeling the length of combat getting boring on a protection warrior (I don't do any damage). So I'm worried if a holy priest will be any slower or around the same? Thanks.Hallowmont20 1d
1d Rolling Priest Love muh DH! But I feel like I'm wrapping up the content for legion. Thinking about trying a priest. I want responsibility so healer is way to go. Any tips? Cuz I've never done healz.Thanatós4 1d
1d Request: Priest base talents. Can holy priest get some talents. 1. My fear back. It is cool if you want to call Psychic Scream a different name but please make that a base talent. Give it a nice name like Exorcism or something. A name that take away the devils or something. 2. Mind Vision: I want that on my holy priest. Like honestly why did you take it away? 3. Shadow Word Pain: Having some instant dots to mark the mobs I want to kill in the world would be nice to have back please. Call it something else if you want, but dang it, why do I have to cast smite on the 6 targets I want to kill. You can also give it some RP holy name or something. Like Mark of Confession, where you suffer some holy damage like shadow word pain. 4. Get rid of that crappy talent Divine Star it is a waste on my CPU and GPU processing power to even have to render the visuals for it when I look at my talents.Navoker24 1d
1d Max DPS Disc Hey Guys, Just wondering if anyone has tried to optimise for a max dps disc spec? Maybe using reset penance lego, drop velens for dps trinks etc. Not for progression raiding or anything but for LFR / normal fights when healing requirement is super low, can swap out gear /spec to dps maximise, put out 1m dps (hopefully? surely its possible) and can still throw some heals if sh%t hits the fan? Kinda true hybrid role? Just curious !! Surely people have tried it! How did it go? Was the dps increase worth dropping some key healing legos? - Grumps.Grumpsey13 1d
1d Race choice for Horde Disc About to roll a Disc Priest on Horde. Curious racials are best suited for Disc Priest on Horde side. Opinions?Kilyen14 1d
2d 1v1 vs affliction lock Is it possible for shadow to beat them in duels given equal gear/skill? Any tips?Trotro6 2d
2d What are the best SPRIEST pvp talents? Im currently using twist of fate, void ray, san'layn, and misery. I was wondering if thats optimal for 2s and 3s.Gilmour2 2d
2d Blizz why bring an S-priest to raid in BFA? Even though its still alpha, I cant understand where the class design is going for this spec. There is nothing that makes the spriest stand out to give a raid leader a reason to bring them to raid. Especially because it looks like spriest is moving away from DOTS and into more cast time further reducing their niche. The problem with this is that there is nothing to compensate the spriest middle of the pack dps. Spriest to do not have the utility, mobility, or survibility that other casters have such as battle rez, time warp, blink, lock closet. All it is a medicore dps class so why the nerfs? Please try to answer the question Blizzard: why would anyone want a spriest in their raid group?Gärzen21 2d
2d Am I the only one that misses Shadow Orbs/DP? I honestly miss shadow orbs and Devouring Plague. The insanity resource mechanic is the reason I stopped play spriest for the first time in my wow career. And it BFA it continues. It saddens me, but maybe I'm the only one.Zombiézombie13 2d
2d BFA boost -- which spec? So I have been leveling this char to 60 with the intent to boost it for my main in BFA. At the moment, I am considering which spec I should boost. I think out of all spec, disc is the most interesting for me. I have enjoyed running it in dungeons and like it's overall play style. The question is, if I boost disc, will I have a hard time going through solo content like Argus? Currently my disc spec downs mobs about as fast if not faster than my shadow spec due to the ramp up of shadow. Does this trend continue or do you see shadow suddenly take a leap forward? I am just try to go the path of least resistance. Boost disc and attempt solo content as that or Boost shadow for solo content and gear up for disc? Thanks.Shadðwlîte5 2d
2d Power Word: Shield With BoA coming can we please get an updated visual for PW: Shield. We are coming on 7 expansions and still have the same visual since the game launched. Also, please add a shadow variant.Ordrele1 2d
2d Disc Healing... ...am I doing it wrong? For some reason I am having the hardest time wrapping my head around its (quite simple) mechanic. I have searched youtube but most of the Disc Guides are for M/M+ raiding... i'll get there, but first how the !@#$ do you do it in a group. Is there a leveling guide anywhere? Don't get me wrong it helps if I don't have a dickface tank in full looms that goes just shy of the speed of light through the instance.Nezzereddin8 2d
3d Please give us cascade back. Its a great spell and more useful than halo/divine star. Awesome to watch it bounce around the raid. Much more fun and interesting than the other talents that were on its tier, and also more interesting than Purge the Wicked.Kreacherr4 3d
3d Race discussion I want to make a priest on alliance but I'm having the hardest time picking which race to make mine. I have allied races unlocked, and I'm deciding between lightforged draenei, regular draenei, void elf, human, and night elf. Really it's the racial benefits, the caster animations, and how the armor looks -- the three categories I'm looking at anyway. What would you all suggest?Krassios13 3d
3d What ability drops a priest as a target Running battlegrounds and while fighting a priest several times they would just drop from my target. What ability allows them to do this? I have sticky targeting enabled so I'm not sure how they are doing it.Edwin7 3d
3d Light of T'uure mouse over macro I'm having trouble where the mouse over macro I usually use for my heals isn't working for Light of T'uure. It works for every other ability but Light of T'uure; it refuses to cast at all while macro'd let alone on a mouse over target. Any help would be greatly appreciated. #showtooltip Light of T'uure /cast [@mouseover,help,mod:shift][@player,mod:shift]Light of T'uureGlyjer2 3d
3d Shadow Priest are pure garbage Last expansion Shadow was a viable spec. could survive more than 4-5 hits. not so much anymore. Its sad that Shadow priest are always at the bottom when it comes to getting buffs.Redonkulous17 3d
4d Alpha animation for Dark Void?? Dark Void Void Eruption appliesUnleashes an explosion of dark energy around the target, dealing (100% of Spell power) Shadow damage and applying Shadow Word: Pain to all targets hit.nearby enemies. Generates 30 Insanity. Here is the dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=-YNSZ475N2Q This guy won the FX part of Blizz art contest. The animation fits the description of the spell quiet well.... Anyone on Alpha seen the animation, is it online anywhere?Nefron3 4d
4d Disc Healing Numbers I have a couple of Disc questions for you priests. :D How does disc stand up to other healers in raiding and mythic + ? Is HPS going to be as strong compared to (for instance) a similarly-geared Holy Priest? Is Disc gear dependent? I boosted a disc priest, I used to main Disc prior to the changes and decided I want to give the "New Disc" a try. But I want to know what I should expect out of it. Any pointers are appreciated. TIALorelune9 4d
4d Shadow Priest Mage Tower Hey priests - just looking for anything help regarding beating the shadow priest mage tower challenge here. I've tried a few different strats and talents and whatnot. My biggest problem seems to be the constant running. I feel like my ilvl is plenty high enough but I'm getting insta-dead when using the surrender to madness talent even if I don't get hit by anything. Just wondering what other people have done that has worked. Thanks!Skarabrae15 4d
4d Holy in 2s? Hey guys, I wanna dip my foot into arenas after trying out some RBGs the last week or two, is Holy viable/decent in 2s or should I just suck it up and learn to disc? If so what are some decent comps?Taylorah4 4d
5d Holy Nova back for Disc?!? Your thoughts?Bodytriangle17 5d
5d Shadow Priest Legendaries Which legendaries are good for Shadow Priest? Sephuz Secret? Thanks!Nommi5 5d
5d So... disc... yea... i really wish i'd tried this a little earlier lol. Story time =P My priest has never been my main. I enjoy healing in dungeons but i tend to level as dps specs (and i skew melee). My healers this expansion have primarily been my paladin and my monk with some shammy dabbling... But i'm down to 3 class mounts left to get (priest, mage, druid) and i wanted to try getting one more. Enter priest. The last time i seriously played a priest was level 90. I was in the mid-90s somewhere when WoD ended on this alt and used the invasions to finish maxing there. I'm only just now leveling her in legion for something to do. She was shadow in WoD (early levels and invasions) and was shadow from 100-106 here. It was... painful... I got used to using one mob as a "battery" and building insanity on it then dotting up 3-4 mobs and blowing them up with void form. It worked, don't get me wrong, but i always ended a fight needing to spam shadow mend and if anything went wrong it could get ugly. Rare mobs were annoying, to say the least, even in full heirlooms. Maybe not DIFFICULT... but annoying. I dps'ed one dungeon (eye of azshara) for a class hall quest and was... underwhelmed... worse ramp up time than an affliction lock and none of the immortality :( Then at 106 i decided to just suck it up and heal a hall of valor run for another quest. Went for disc for the sole purpose of enjoying the animation on penance lol. I'm a decent healer, even if i'm a n00b priest, so i spent some time setting up my mouseover macros and healbot configuration. The group was good (comon, it was normal HoV lol...) and we did it easily. And i loved it. Spreading around attonement while blowing stuff up. Being able to penance on the move. PW: radiance pretty much hitting the entire party. Pre-shielding everyone with rapture. Everything i messed with, i enjoyed. And so i stayed disc after the dungeon and decided to try questing with it. ... wtf... My aoe isn't as good as shadow with a full insanity bar, but my single target is as good or BETTER than shadow (esp when shadow has no insanity). I can chain pull mobs and dot everything up to do some aoe damage in the mix. I move faster (i can talent into body and soul rather than HAVING to take masochism to help me survive). Which segues into the fact that among all that i'm freaking immortal. 8 mobs on me? Laugh and burn em down. Rare spawn? Might take a little longer than shadow (if i could kill it with shadow, since it'd live long enough to build insanity) but it'll never take me below 95% health. Just pull, pull, pull, pull... spam the crap out of purge the wicked then burn em down one at a time with penance spreading the dot around so i don't even have to refresh it. Love it. So yea... story time over... but unless something SIGNIFICANTLY changes at 110 with a little gear (i have a metric crapton of BoA tokens waiting lol) i think i'm just gonna stick with disc and roll with it till i'm bored with my priest. Wish i'd have found this out earlier :P TL;DR: shadow priests annoyed with the spec: TRY DISCIPLINE. Seriously, it is sooooo much better solo, and you can get nice and crispy healer queues :) Cheers guys :)Skyspirit14 5d
5d Holy/Disc Mythic Plus Healing Guides A little late in the expansion, but I posted a couple youtube videos on my channel about healing both Holy and Discipline in mythic plus dungeons if anyone is interested. My channel is Odett the Priest. I'll be hitting up BFA pretty hard so look for additional guides coming your way! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJCPCC3Fb97_2uHz8XxlmVwÖdett0 5d
5d Dispel magic Anyone got a list of buffs I can dispel in arena? Can't find anythingSlipeddisc2 5d
6d Priest Stats - How To Get Good Stat Drops I was gone for a couple years after Legion dropped (only raided up to 4/7H Emerald Nightmare before I left) and am trying to catch up, but it seems a little hopeless. I had my loot spec set at Holy when I left as I was getting far too much Mastery/Haste gear which did nothing for my play style either Holy or Disc. Does anyone know what stats Blizzard has set for each type of Priest drop? I looked through the new player guide and it says nothing. Icy-Veins says: Disc: Int/Haste/Crit Holy: Int/Mast/Crit Shadow: Int/Haste/Crit but what is Blizzard dropping for Holy or Shadow? I was able to get a couple Crit/Haste pieces with holy, but I made the mistake of having my loot preference set at "Current Specialization" and that generated Mastery/Haste pieces. Many thanks for any input you can give.Alexandrias5 6d
6d 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog #2 Last one capped out so thought Id start Pt 2. Last thread in link below. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752641255?page=26 @Nyxontha ( last poster over there ) 8/10. I feel the belt is slightly off ( prob looks better ingame ) but great shadow mog.Kibeeto500 6d
6d Arcane pulse in atonement Hello, so I've been playing on the alpha and have fallen back in love with disc priest. I've been debating between belf and nightborn and looking at the nightborn racial: Arcane Pulse - Deals (200% Attack Power) Arcane damage to nearby enemies every 2 seconds and snares them by 50%. Lasts 20 sec. I'm curious as to how this plays out with atonement. 200% attack power in arcane damage every 2 seconds for 20 seconds? I'm just looking for some clarity on how that plays out. I love the crit management regeneration and silence of belf, however as far as with pvp considering I'm not a melee class any healer with their gear knows when I run at them a fear or silence is inbound. That being said I still love it especially for over but just wanna see if this arcane pulse is any good and I'm not just looking at the %1 magic in and out. Since they seem to have opted out on the sensing stealth ability for a mailbox I'm hoping to be inspired for this race. Mmk thxZambucá0 6d
6d Hello Fellow Priests! I was just on my way to Priest Popular Hangout when I thought "What is a list of things I fear other classes doing to me in pvp?" So if you could tell me these things so I know to avoid them, I would greatly appreciate it!Mortysa0 6d
6d Need survival Tips Just reached 110 as Holy healer and...... as I predicted surviving as a Holy healer in BGs, or cataclysmic arena PvP is pretty challenging. I wanted to ask what are the Major PvP Cooldowns of choice and when must they be popped? I struggle against Lock chain and CC chain how do you manage those? How many times to attempt juking and till what cast% do you interrupt my cast to juke? Lastly, I wanted to ask that: assuming that your bg is full of braindead individuals, what do you do and who do you follow to give maximum contribution? I think that those questions above are every healer's struggle so help is always appreciated.Lilon5 6d
Apr 13 Is shadow fun in the open world? I want to level a nightborne caster, but I also want to be able to heal. Priest is the only class that fits that criteria, but I keep hearing how shadow priest really ever shines during raids and that I should play disc/holy for open world questing. I would really like to play shadow though just because I like the theme a lot. How miserable of a time will I have if I just stick with shadow while leveling and doing world quests, dungeons, etc.Usutu42 Apr 13
Apr 13 Necrotic and pws A discussion my warrior tank and I had last night was pws and necrotic. is pws affected (CoW as well) by necrotic like other healing. I'm sure after so long its been covered but long gone as a threadDaketh3 Apr 13
Apr 13 s2m in the priest class hall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN-0Mn8cY2USkendy3 Apr 13
Apr 12 Callie Carrington = Karliah from Skyrim? I just started trying the holy priest challenge and it seems like the voice actor doing Callie Carrington is the same person as Karliah from Skyrim? Sounds like her.Shanthi1 Apr 12