Priest

Jul 14 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik423 Jul 14
Jun 14 [7.2.5] Focused Will | Disc Discord / Guides Due to disagreements with the Staff at H2P, I am no longer associated with them. Because of the recent events, many of the top theorycrafters, content creators, and community associated with Discipline have created a new Discord located here: 7.2.5 Discipline Guide http://focusedwill.com/disc-guide-7-2-5/ Focused Will | Discipline Discord https://discord.gg/hQ7bTxe Focused Will Website (guide is located here) http://focusedwill.com/ My apologies for the inconvenience!Mend382 Jun 14
1h Shadow PvP Been hopping into arena skirmishes recently with my spriest, and 3s i do alright but 2s, holy lord pretty much stunlock silenced and dead in 30 seconds. is spriest just not a viable 2s spec anymore?Clemcy2 1h
1h Void Torrent usage question Greetings, was wondering about void torrent usage, mostly when to use it. All the how to play spriest guides ive read say to use void torrent immediately after going void form, i was wondering why? To my mind, it makes more sense to use it later into void form, for example the last 4 seconds of shadowfeind, for 2 reasons, firstly, its dmg scales with haste, at the end of shadowfiend we are at like 35-40 stacks. Secondly, when i use it for the last 4 seconds of shadowfiend i end up with a full insanity bar at the end of the channel. Obviously this wouldnt be ideal if you overcap on insanity due to shadowfiend as thats a waste, but you get the point, why use it so early where it does so little dmg and halts insanity drop while is basically doesnt move anyway? Thanks!Gâvel7 1h
2h Is Holy easy to pick up? I haven't healed people in WoW since Kharazhan, and by that I mean the original one in Burning Crusade. Obviously, the Holy specialization is not even close to what it was 10 years ago when I played it. I'm a bit nervous about queuing leveling dungeon as healer right now but I don't know of any other way to practice healing people in WoW. I guess I'd like to know if it's easy to play holy in casual dungeons without risking major mess ups and dead tanks sending me hate tells. Obviously I'll read a guide before going in a dungeon.Méo6 2h
2h Can Holy get another DPS spell please? I really enjoy Holy. But the DPS of Disc is way better. I'm really only looking for a quality of life improvement. Not trying to be a dps spec. Give us SWP maybe? I know HolyNova spam is decent, but sometimes mobs just dont want to gather up closely. I have found I switch to Disc for questing as its so much easier and quicker.Moondrake4 2h
3h Dropping Orbs in BG I have been doing the weekend BG (Temple of Kotmogu) and SOMEHOW i keep dropping the orb when i have it and i can not for the life of me figure out why? I know that using Spectral guide makes you drop it but what else that i am using makes me drop it? Is anyone else having this problem or what?Dizciple5 3h
4h I feel useless as shadowpriest? Hi everyone I just came back from playing Stormblood and after beating the MSQ I am back! I normally played discipline but now I am trying shadowpriest. I'm ilvl 870 and don't raid other than LFR and some normal occasionally but I am playing with my bf who is playing brewmaster monk. I like shadowpriest but it seems like I'm very weak. I will put dots up and slowly whittle them down but it seems like my bf can burst everything down with a few abilities. By the time I can use voidform everything is dead and I'm just staring at my insanity go down while everything is already dead :P What add-ons can help me with multi-dotting? The talents I use is twist of fate, body and soul, psychic voice, lingering insanity, auspicious spirits, mind bender and legacy of the void. When I am out soloing I feel very helpless and struggle to do anything in a timely manner.Chennichen0 4h
4h Which healing spec for random BG's? I might have titled my post "How is Holy for random BG's", since that's my preferred spec now. But I'm familiar for Discipline. Is one or the other significantly better for random battlegrounds?Karenthi9 4h
6h MW monk vs Holy Priest Why play priest over monk? Was thinking of rolling a priest but what can they do better than monks?Feelzbrah6 6h
9h Darkmoon mana deck Worth it at this point if i can afford it?Nagasis14 9h
12h What made you become a priest? Let me be fair here, i did it for the blade. What about you?Ravenstune14 12h
13h Dungeon Spriest DPS Hey all, I just got out of a 15 court of stars and I'm seeing strange things. On the three target dummies in the priest hall, I am doing 800k to over a million dps yet on identical trash packs in Court, I struggle to go past 600 then toward the end shoots up to like 700 due to twist of fate. I know the rotation, I do the exact same as the target dummies yet my dps is so much lower. I don't understand. Even if I had the rotation wrong, the two situations should still match up, right? Maybe my connection is bad during dungeons? I'm abotu 920 ilvl.Whisperrind1 13h
16h Trust me...It gets better. This post is for a the Spriests on the forums who are worried about their damage, and wondering if it ever gets better. I'm here to tell you that it totally does. After getting my 4 piece t20 last night, and having good luck on lengdary drops, my damage has increased by a large margin. I too, used to hate my damage. It was always in the toilet compared to the rest of my guild. Now, I'm easily keeping up with the top 4 DPS and in some fights dominating the charts (mistress and host.) I'm just here to say don't give up. Getting the right gear and stats is tough, but once you hit that threshold, you will be very pleased with your damage!Trìage6 16h
19h preist passes in player vs monster but i'd like to see some side effects for priest food and like some more halucaust preist fishing thank youHaneth0 19h
20h Disc in 20 man raids? Does anyone else find Disc depreciates in value as raid numbers start building past 20 + people? Other healers will benefit from having an increase in raid members but I feel disc actually gets WORSE as the raid numbers go up. I mean I can normally only put up 12-15 atonements for burst damage, and during small, selective, heavy burst damage (like hammers on maiden) its basically a guessing game to put atonements on the people receiving damage, which becomes increasingly more difficult as raid numbers go up. I can't really thing of an easy solution to the problem either. I feel increasing the atonement number on PWR would put disc into an overpowered territory. Then having something like a 10-20% of atonement overhealing is spread to the raid would be nice too but that would be difficult to implement.Popeshítwill2 20h
23h Lowered particle effects on Priest mount... ...Why? I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but... Why?! It was such a cool mount. It might have looked like a regular mount without the particles, but they made it way cooler! What was the reason behind lowering it? There was a post daaays ago talking about the particles. At the moment, the original post has 2 upvotes. And it looks like the majority didn't want the particles to be lowered heavily. Things like this are slowly killing the game, in my opinion. A few people wanted the particles to be gone, the majority wanted them to stay. It makes zero sense. TL;DR: Why lower the particles on the mount, Blizzard?Sabbatia79 23h
1d 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog #2 Last one capped out so thought Id start Pt 2. Last thread in link below. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752641255?page=26 @Nyxontha ( last poster over there ) 8/10. I feel the belt is slightly off ( prob looks better ingame ) but great shadow mog.Kibeeto22 1d
1d Quick question for Shadow Priests I'm thinking of leveling my priest, and focusing on Shadow. I see that the stat priority should be haste -> crit -> mastery, but is there any kind of cap where haste doesn't help anymore?Revelousio6 1d
1d Did I miss the memo again? So when I leveled my Disc weapon to Concordance I learned that Disc was crap and Holy was in. No I started working on my holy weapon and all I see on Ladder is Disc priests? Is Disc back in now??Dotcompz8 1d
1d How well do Spriest scales? I took a break not long ago from this priest, mainly because I was underwhelmed by my dps. I do not play a class mainly for dps, but it does get discouraging that on my warrior I do so much more damage with similar ilvl. I really want to give Spriest a real go and gear up, since it is probably my favorite spec in the game. I love the voidform and the abilities. I have a feeling that I upgraded the wrong gear to 900. I got told that it was haste-mastery. But everywhere I look it says haste-crit. Any info and tips would be appreciated greatly! At last, how is the scaling later on? Thanks in advance. Cheers!Carrigh13 1d
1d Current disc I was raiding through normal earlier as my main spec (holy) and was one of four healers. Our healing was really stable and I was just spamming smite for the most part so I decided to swap to disc, which I used to play a lot before 7.2 I noticed smite got a huge Mana cost reduction and an added absorb, seems like it's finally usable as a filler instead of having to stop your dps. Also noticed the charges and cd on radiance, not sure if this is good or bad though. Also saw they made penance heal friendly targets again without the talent and they moved talents around Definitely seems like there are less Mana problems now though and I'd like to get back into playing it again. What I'm wondering is, is there anything that changed I didn't notice? And has anything about the playstyle changed? And is it doing well currently?Kursed16 1d
1d Holy Stats So. On my Priest, I have a ton of gear in my bags. I have 5 different sets of gear, based more by stat distribution as opposed to ilvl. though its almost all 880+. ANYWAY. I will list them as such: Set 1, 20% Crit - 10% Haste - 15% Versatility - 40% Mastery Set 2, 27% Crit/Haste - 25% Mastery with Star Map and Dreadstone of Endless Shadows (basically a slightly weaker Star Map) Set 3 22% Crit - 25% Haste - 8% Versatility - 26% Mastery And the other two sets are just all Versatility and MAstery, or nothing but Crit and mastery. Trinkets available: Velen's Future Sight Etraeus' Celestial Map Star Gate Dreadstone of Endless Shadow Aluriel's Mirror Charm of the Rising Tide Erratic Metronome. Legendaries: Velen's Future Sight Norgannon's Foresight Cord of Maiev, Priestess of the Moon I am looking for some advice and direct help. Not a link to Icyveins. Last time I went there, it dropped my healing. So I would prefer some actual help, if you can.Denestra21 1d
2d Does Spriest bring anything to a raid? First mythic KJ kill had a priest, and method used one in many if not all fights Do priest bring anything aside from good dps? Im new to shadow priest so i honestly dont know. I dont think dispersion can cheese mechanics, and priests do have self heals but im not sure if they are worth anything to a raid ps: sorry for kinda misleading title, character limitTzhary6 2d
2d Can holy soak big armageddon on Kil'jaedan? If I pop Guardian Spirit or is the damage too high?Callmeemp9 2d
2d Light of T'uure Nerf Inc? From: Light of T'uure (Rank 1) Applies Light of the Naaru to the target, healing for [ 1 + 400% of Spell Power ] and increasing your healing done to that target by 25% for 10 sec. Maximum 2 charges. To: Light of T'uure (Rank 1) Applies Light of the Naaru to the target, healing for [ 1 + 400% of Spell Power ] and increasing your healing done to that target by 25% for 10 sec. Not exactly complaining but kinda curious why. I mean it has been compensated to increase its potency by 45% but I kinda prefer the 2 stacks of 25% not stacking up. I don't know. What do you guys think?Zîegler3 2d
2d Odd spell\casting issue (Vampiric Touch)... Ok. Can't for the life of me figure out WHY this is occurring. For some odd reason, when I cast Vampiric Touch.... it doesn't dot. I've only recently became aware of the issue and don't think it was a issue before, but not sure. It seems when I cast VT, it goes to the end of the cast cycle but doesn't dot. I usually HAVE to do it again to apply the dot. Needless to say, this sucks both in dungeons and pvp. Throws rotation and damage off. I've actually gone as far as removing and disabling ALL addons and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Currently i have only 3 addosn in use..... Tell Me When, Bindpad and Shadow Frames. None seem to be the issues.I've reset my UI as well several times and no go. I've practiced on dummies and it just isn't dotting like it should. Again... VT goes to the end of the spell cast but doesn't dot. OR if i'm lucky it will dot on the first cast but usually not. Very very weird. Suggestions?Dreja8 2d
2d Shadow Priest Needs Change 1.) Good aoe is lacking for shadow priest. The following changes should be implemented to make our aoe a lot better and to add more fun to our playstyle. a.) Shadow crash should be baseline and it should move faster. b.) Void bolt should deal splash damage like Fire mage's Phoenix Flames does through a talent. c.) Mindsear needs to be brought back, and should work like old mistweaver where you transform a cast time spell into an instant and can use spells while casting it (it would only be able to use VT and SW:P). You would channel mindsear on an enemy target, and at the same time you can apply an instant vampiric touch, and SW:P. If SW:P is already applied, or applied while mindsear is channeling, then it would spread SW:P to all targets in a 10 yard radius. This would allow for a smooth and effective way to deal aoe, and delay insanity from draining while spreading dots in voidform. (Mindsear would still do damage to all targets regardless if a DoT is active just like it did previously, and would still be able to be applied to friendly targets and remove stealth.) 2.) Void eruption in pve is annoying to use, and detracts from a smooth transition into voidform from shadowform. It should be an instant cast by default or by our talent tree, not pruned into an honor talent. Having an instant void eruption feels amazing compared to having a 1.9 second cast time, which is NOT EVEN lowered by our haste value, which it should be. It would especially make questing, world quests, and other open world content much more enjoyable and powerful. 3.) The shadowy insight talent should also be replaced with the talent we had in WoD, which made mind blast instant and lowered its cooldown. This would help increase our damage while in shadowform, and decrease the ramp up time to deal effective damage to our target. It would also synergize well with instant void eruption and void bolt. Or it would instead just make Mind Blast have two charges baseline. 4.) With the new shadowform and voidform animation updates, PW:S needs to become a void shield to match our aesthetic. Having a holy shield on our dark, violet appearance looks very out of place. Make it so that you can still use it if you are spell locked shadow. To have it be a holy spell, but have a shadowy void look, it should be called Power Word: Corrupted Shield or something like that.Xanadaar61 2d
2d Shadow High DPS How do you guys do it? I've noticed on meters that shadow usually doesn't have high dps at first, but slowly rises until they get to the top.Callmeemp12 2d
2d Rotation rotation rotation So I've been messing around with when I pop mind bender and my sisters owl trinket as it relates to lust. my guild lusts on pull for nearly every fight of ToS which doesn't help spriests dps at all... ideally they'd lust when I'm ~ 20 stacks so by 15 sec into lust when I pop mind bender and owl trink the 20sec would line up perfectly... I digress. As for now, the other spriest in my guild seems to pop his mind bender regardless when there's 20 sec left on lust, which on some fights is only ~10 insanity stacks so it would seem he's not making the most of void form potential...? I choose to wait, and pop mind bender at 35 stacks even if it means there only 10sec left on lust and I leave vf at about 55 to 60 stacks depending on if i disperse... I come out higher on meters despite our similar gear. Then there's the question of when to void torrent? I notice he is using it often at the start of entering void form which I guess let's it come off cool down sooner but I like to use it with 14 sec remaining on my mind bender with a 4 sec channel I can use my troll berzerking for the final 10 sec to boost my haste even more... What is your rotation when lust is used at the start of the pull?Lluvatar5 2d
2d Shadow vs Void I would like to voice my dissatisfaction with the choices of direction made for us the past few expansions and offer a suggestion. it seems to me that Shadow Priests have lost their way, thematically. I can best explain this as follows: Shadow - the opposite of light Void - the realm of demons Void-Demonic =/= Shadow The void, and the demons that reside there are the realm of warlocks. Priests are not so slowly turning into a variant of Warlock. I don't know if this is because Blizzard is out of ideas, or the 'lock Dev team doubles as the SPriest team, but we need to go our own way. So, on to the suggestion- (Not so Spoiler alert) We all know the boy king who would be a priest has taken up his father's sword. Therefore he is no longer a priest. Let his dilemma be a breaking point in the priest community. Split the Priests into 4 specs. Holy, Discipline, Shadow, and Void. Void can maintain the current 'insanity' buildup and the Shadow can return to a 'Purer' persuit of that darkness which defines the light. (Without darkness, there can be no light) For playstyle options, mine the 1200 post thread in the Class Development forum that has yet to receive a blue post.Wyrna13 2d
2d Shadow Priest Needs Change 1.) Good aoe is lacking for shadow priest. The following changes should be implemented to make our aoe a lot better and to add more fun to our playstyle. a.) Shadow crash should be baseline and should move faster. b.) Void bolt should deal splash damage like Fire mage's Phoenix Flames does through a talent. c.) Mindsear needs to be brought back, and should work like old mistweaver where you transform a cast time spell into an instant and can use spells while casting it (it would only be able to use VT and SW:P). You would channel mindsear on an enemy target, and at the same time you can apply an instant vampiric touch, and SW:P. If SW:P is already appled, or applied while mindsear is channeling, then it would spread SW:P to all targets in a 10 yard radius. This would allow for a smooth and effective way to deal aoe, and delay insanity from draining while spreading dots in voidform. (Mindsear would still do damage to all targets regardless if a DoT is active just like it did previously, and would still be able to be applied to friendly targets and remove stealth.) 2.) Void eruption in pve is annoying to use, and detracts from a smooth transition into voidform from shadowform. It should be an instant cast by default or by our talent tree, not pruned into an honor talent. Having an instant void eruption feels amazing compared to having a 1.9 second cast time, which is NOT EVEN lowered by our haste value, which it should be. It would especially make questing, world quests, and other open world content much more enjoyable and powerful. 3.) The shadowy insight talent should also be replaced with the talent we had in WoD, which made mind blast instant and lowered its cooldown. This would help increase our damage while in shadowform, and decrease the ramp up time to deal effective damage to our target. It would also synergize well with instant void eruption and void bolt. 4.) With the new shadowform and voidform animation updates, PW:S needs to become a void shield to match our aesthetic. Having a holy shield on our dark, violet appearance looks very out of place. Make it so that you can still use it if you are spell locked shadow. To have it be a holy spell, but have a shadowy void look, it should be called Power Word: Corrupted Shield or something like that.Xanadaar13 2d
2d Shadow feels too static After playing a bit of shadow, it's starting to just feel too static compared to other classes. By this, i don't mean the rotation is boring, just that we are nearly always doing the exact same rotation. Other classes can adjust their talents to have quite different playstyles, or adjust their play significantly for AOE vs single target. Spriest simply dots up all enemies, then proceeds to the single target rotation while trying to maintain dots. The rotation is always nearly the same. To me, the gameplay of maintain void form as long as possible is fun, but it feels like the only thing we do. Honestly it feels like the spec is unfinished; the core game play of playing around void form is there and solid, but the different ways to play the spec are not. One possible change is to remove shadow crash and put a more interesting talent that alters the AOE play style.Nimice23 2d
2d DPS questions. Getting more than frustrated with shadow as it seems whatever I do doesnt fix alot... Any further advice would be greatly appreciated, I dont have any other shadow priests that are around in my guild. Tonights logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rX6C3xfpab9jkPdA/ Reference from previous raids: <https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4gzXCjmBaJ8YKy7R#fight=2> <https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/j4nqDmfHktKPANJp> I just have no idea how to maximize this class and really push it. I'd hope I have the gear or at least just started to. again any help is recommended. (Note: I know on the heroic stuff my DoT uptime was horrid, Was missing them due to first time in heroic.)Elyvía9 2d
2d Why!? What am I doing wrong!? I feel like I'm doing my rotation to the best of my ability but for some reason my dmg is way too low! I did 425k on the Trillax boss in the Nighthold raid. I'm always keeping up dots, I'm always going into void form and using VB, VT and MB on cd Please help me out :(Qùill18 2d
2d PW: Goodbye Spike Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discussion: Are you excited or tearful about Mind Spike going away?Priestescow462 2d
2d Disc. Priest - Help I'm choosing a healer class and wanted your help. You could cite the disc priest advantage and disadvantage (good and bad side). What is missing in Disc toolkit? What do you love?Ukiel25 2d
2d Just a random question. Who is truly more evil? deathknight or shadowpriest. Lets be fair, this might be biased. i vote shadowpriest.Viletune3 2d
2d Holy Spec Howdy! I am very new to the Priest class. I am level 15 now and have a tough choice of what talent I want as my first one. I've been inspecting the armory of a few posters in this forum and I see a mix of Enlightenment and Trail of Light. I am curious as to which I should be going for. Usually when it comes to these questions I can do my research on my own but after doing my research I see high-end players using both. Personally the way I see it is that Enlightenment is nice overall. The extra 10% Mana Regen is helpful all around. I do like, however, to do random battlegrounds. Once I hit level 10 I immediately que'd and really enjoyed it. Yes I died like 8 times but I was top 3 in healing with 134k. I really like being that support role. Trail of Light seems nice for the BG role because I found myself just standing there nonstop healing everyone who was hurt. I can see how it would be useful to heal player A and then player B and as I heal player B, player A gets healed 40% of what I healed played B. I can just see how that would be helpful for my tanks/dps teammates.Headlight6 2d
2d Disc priests what spec do you have your loot I did my mythic plus 15 this week and got my 930 loot... a dps trinket. 2 out of 3 weeks and I'm feeling jipped. I'm considering just swapping it to holy for the chests. What are other disc setting their loot specs as. CuriousDaketh7 2d
2d Useful Disc Targeting Macro After some trial and error I've found a simple, but very useful, macro for Discipline which does the following: (a) If you have a hostile target, casts at that target (b) If you have a friendly target, or no target, targets the nearest enemy and casts at it I've tested it out a bit and it seems to work consistently. Here's the Smite version of it: #showtooltip /cleartarget [help] /targetenemy [noharm] /cast SmiteCoira3 2d
2d An idea to give the SPriest a Permanent Pet Ok so I got this idea when I was doing the daily shadow well to obtain the Vial of Dark Shadows which gives you a faceless one to taunt and attack for you for 10 mins while its attacking or initiating a taunt it casts an aoe damage field and comes equipped with high regen. So the idea I came up with was to replace the Shadowfiend and Mindbender with this mock up ability and talent choice. Faceless Shadow (Replacing Shadowfiend) 2 sec cast time Requires lvl 40 Requires Priest (Shadow) Summon a Faceless one that taunts nearby enemies and causes X area of effect shadow damage to the enemies. Faceless Fiend (Replacing Mindbender) 2 sec cast time Requires lvl 90 Requires Priest (Shadow) Summon a Faceless one that taunts nearby enemies and causes +X area of effect shadow damage any enemies hit by the area of effect gives you 8 insanity each. Dominant Shadow (Replacing Dominant mind) Requires lvl 45 Requires Priest (Shadow) Faceless Shadow no longer summons a Faceless one instead you now gain an area of effect dot whenever you cast Mind Blast along with adding 25 extra insanity to your bar. If Faceless Fiend is taken increase the Area of effect damage and grant you 8 insanity with every enemy damaged. So the idea is that this pet would give you is some much needed AOE that we are really in need of which is not to say we aren't good at single target which the longer the fight goes on the better off we are, its just we are lacking the aoe damage for older or mob heavy areas. The pet on its own fills in the aoe damage space and gives you some breathing room to apply dots on without being forced to bounce between shadow mend or shields till they have enough shadow word pain on them. Now the Faceless Fiend has to compete with Misery and Power Infusion which are both very valuable for citations needed. So to make it viable to the other talents and just as good a choice it would get increased damage and have the ability to generate insanity as a way of competing for the talent slot. Adding more to this people have been voicing that they want to play a lone wolf style gameplay and that shouldn't be a problem to choose between the two. So I took the pretty much useless fantasy flavor talent dominant mind and made it into a usable talent that merely alters the gameplay choices you can do to be a solo lone wolf style player. The other talents themselves are convenience talents providing either a decreased cd or a useful stun that can be handy. So having a talent thats for convenience and changes how the Shadow priests gets its Aoe while still giving the lone wolf style gameplay is what the Dominant Shadow provides. i would love to hear feedback and critique on the idea itself or anything you think sounds too strong or weak. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed. Suggestions and Ideas from eveyone in the thread Jackofdemons ... Zeigfeld ... Sorina ...Kaelinai21 2d
2d a question about addons Hi im new to healing and was wondering what are some good addons for changing the default friendly nameplates? I hate the default ones and i plan on healing bgs mainly and just want to click on the nameplates instead of having a huge raid frame blocking my screen.Hippy4 2d
2d Disc vs Sisters of the moon How do we handle the phase 3 bubble thing? As far as I know we don't have any big healing CD. We got shielding CD in Barrier but nothing else. Should I go holy to handle this fight? Looking for some input.Yserastrasza11 2d
3d Arena- Rapid Mending vs Miracle Worker Hey guys , which would you choose for 2s / 3s ? and why ? I tried them both out and they both seem viable.Insulin1 3d
3d Came back after quite a few patches I love the shadow priest changes, You guys reworked some talents and made mind sear a passive ability with mind flay, thank you so much blizzard you won me back, im having so much fun and im barely level 101Liquidús4 3d
3d shadow priest wings so i was just now in the class hall and saw this shadow priest with wings that pop out when he is in casting spells. looked like every time he spawned a shadowy apparition. does anyone know what this is and how i can get them. big nice leathery looking things. made my mouth water.Machiävelli9 3d
3d Legs in mythic+ So I'm very new to holy priests and have been using the Surge of Light + Apotheosis build for most dungeons I've done so far. Today I just got the pants and I know It's pretty good for raids with the Piety + Benediction build. The question is, since I hardly ever cast renew during dungeons, should I stick with Surge of Light + Apotheosis build or should I switch Apotheosis with Benediction to make better use of the legs? Or do you guys suggest other builds for dungeons?Thrayarl2 3d
3d How to Play: Disc Priest So I'm doing a series of streams on how to play classes in random battlegrounds with an effort for players to have a better understanding of their class and spec, as I am a multi-classes. Tonight on my stream at 10:30 EST I'll be broadcasting solo random queue battlegrounds as a discipline priest, one of my favorite specs in the game right now. I'll be going over and doing my best to give a cast by cast overview of what I'm doing for the first game or two. I'll also point out a few tips and tricks here and there. Basic understanding of how discipline priest functions will be somewhat expected, but I will delve a bit into talent choice setups before beginning to solo queue. Video of the match will be available after the stream. Stream is available at: Twitch.tv/Horrlock I will start as close to 10:30pm EST as I can.Holypaladin3 3d