Priest

2d Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik424 2d
2d [7.2.5] Focused Will | Disc Discord / Guides Due to disagreements with the Staff at H2P, I am no longer associated with them. Because of the recent events, many of the top theorycrafters, content creators, and community associated with Discipline have created a new Discord located here: 7.2.5 Discipline Guide http://focusedwill.com/disc-guide-7-2-5/ Focused Will | Discipline Discord https://discord.gg/hQ7bTxe Focused Will Website (guide is located here) http://focusedwill.com/ My apologies for the inconvenience!Mend388 2d
20m How is Shadow doing? I'm thinking of having a healer alt and I'm choosing between druid and priest, so i can heal and have a caster offspec. I have a druid but don't find balance very fun and my priest is at 102 and shadow seems pretty fun so far but I'm wondering how it is at endgame.Ragnorath5 20m
1h Trust me...It gets better. This post is for a the Spriests on the forums who are worried about their damage, and wondering if it ever gets better. I'm here to tell you that it totally does. After getting my 4 piece t20 last night, and having good luck on lengdary drops, my damage has increased by a large margin. I too, used to hate my damage. It was always in the toilet compared to the rest of my guild. Now, I'm easily keeping up with the top 4 DPS and in some fights dominating the charts (mistress and host.) I'm just here to say don't give up. Getting the right gear and stats is tough, but once you hit that threshold, you will be very pleased with your damage!Trìage13 1h
2h Holy Nerfs... I'm starting to understand why blizzard is so bad at balancing pvp. Holy has some problems in pvp. IMO most notably in the honor talent tree and how certain skills work. They needed changes for sure. Blizzards response? !@#$ it just turn down the intellect and mastery. This fixes NOTHING. Are they really this stupid?Neoneyes9 2h
3h good horde disc racials for PvE/PvP? not really familiar with priests as far as racials for PvE go and since they can't be orcs i would assume belf is the next best thing due to aoe silence IF you can even get in melee range without dying. i hear disc wants haste for PvE? so im guessing troll is the best? but how about PvP? would troll still be extremely good for that as well? i know they have like a snare/slow reduction. im thinking troll/Goblin but i am mostly concerned with PvP. not a huge belf fan and i have a hard time using it's racial on casters/range besides maybe MW due to mobility they have and mage again due to mobility. any help on both Best racials for PvE and for PvP? im talking about a min max setting i know they make little difference but in PvP racials can be really game changing compared to PvE.Lethadox0 3h
3h PW: Goodbye Spike Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discussion: Are you excited or tearful about Mind Spike going away?Priestescow490 3h
3h where the troll priest at? show yourselvesLiquidús2 3h
4h New to Dispel, how often will I need it? I usually play dps but none of the dps I do play have something like this, I don't even fully understand when to use it yet. I am looking to raid on my spriest and to master the spec, I am really happy with how much I improved on my spriest thus far and I am hopeful for my spriest career so far. Already looking to macro my dispel, I am currently at work so I like to ask questions like this when I have a respite so I can go home educated and with a game plan.Nyxontha7 4h
4h 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog #2 Last one capped out so thought Id start Pt 2. Last thread in link below. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752641255?page=26 @Nyxontha ( last poster over there ) 8/10. I feel the belt is slightly off ( prob looks better ingame ) but great shadow mog.Kibeeto27 4h
4h Can Holy get another DPS spell please? I really enjoy Holy. But the DPS of Disc is way better. I'm really only looking for a quality of life improvement. Not trying to be a dps spec. Give us SWP maybe? I know HolyNova spam is decent, but sometimes mobs just dont want to gather up closely. I have found I switch to Disc for questing as its so much easier and quicker.Moondrake19 4h
6h PoM Weakaura Can't figure out weakauras for the life of me... Don't need a special icon or anything cool, just one that has the sonar sound when it comes off cooldown. Would make it a lot easier for me. If anyone has one I can import I can't seem to find any or steps to make it myself i'm game for whatever. Thanks for help.Pathillion0 6h
6h Disc - How to Heal Demonic Inquisition As a discipline priest, I do not really know how to heal for Demonic Inquisition because most of the damages taken are aoe damage at most of the times. Unlike Goroth and Harjatan we can focus burst heal for certain spell. According to logs, the highest damage taken from Demonic Inquisition are Bone Saw and Fel Squall. I am thinking should I focus burst healing for both Bone Saw and Fel Squall or either one of it. The rest just the normal rotataton: shield plea pain penance smite. Anyone has better idea how to utilize discipline spell to heal better? Or positioning is the key for this fight? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h93p2JTnCZLKkgyF#view=analytical Thanks in advance.Kouyuuken1 6h
6h WTB dmg reduc cd I love priest, but man i want pyradaz or or cloak, cause we are so squishy its a joke, our defensive cd so to speak, is focused will, which is never active in raid environment, really wish there was a cd to active or even a talent in the cd row to activate, every other healer class has dmg reduc option (monks talent for magic dmg at least or healing chugs forget name talent options.) We have nothing, feels so bad to barely die cause u pop divine prayer and still die cause its the best defensive ever *insert sarcasm here*Oopsymonkey6 6h
7h Is Velen a fail priest? Velen is supposed to be a super priest right? Communes with the naaru, at one with the holy light. Velen is probably our number one highest profile priest in the lore, yet I can't help but feel that he doesn't set a very good example. I'm tired of hearing him scream like some warrior at kil'jaeden and completely lose his cool. Shouldn't a number one priest remain magnanimous even to his greatest enemy? Where is his trust in the light? Also I hear from my dps friends that he is a TERRIBLE healer in the mage tower challenge. I think we need some new high profile holy priests (preferably high elf or blood elves) that are more priestly than Velen the Enraged.Wasselin25 7h
9h Shadow talents reworked Going to jump right into it and I just wanna say these ideas are meant to address the issues that hold Shadow, as a DPS spec, behind other DPS classes/specs. -New baseline passive effect to increase ST and AoE effectiveness. Mindspikes(passive ability) Your Mindflay and Mindsear DoT ticks embed mindspikes in your target. This DoT can stack up to 3 times. DoT dmg scales with mastery and can be enhanced with talents. -New Talent changes. Fortress of the Mind Shadow Word: Pain has a 15% chance to reset the cd on Mindblast and make it instant cast, and buffing your next mindflay cast with 100% critical strike. Voidray Reduces the channel time of Mindflay by 50% and increases Mindspike dmg by 2% stacking up to 10 times. Shadowy Insight Your Mindblast can now shatter mindspikes embedded in your target for x2 dmg on the main target and x1 dmg to all targets within 10yds. Passively increases all Mind spells by 15%. San'Layn Your Vampiric Embrace now grants you 50% critical strike for 15secs and your Vampiric Touch critical strikes generate x2 insanity. Power Infusion replaced by Shadowcrash Misery (reworked) Your Shadowy Apparitions are attracted to misery in your enemies. For every DoT on your target(s) Apparitions gain 20% more speed and deal 5% more dmg. Maximum potential of 80%/20%(VT,SWP,Mindspike, and Mindflay) In addition, each tick of Void Torrent will spawn an Apparition for your current target. In place of Shadowcrash's tier 100 spot is a new spell Void Lash Void Lash Summon a dark beast from the void to lash out at your target. Instant cast, drains insanity as a resource. Instantly applies a full stack of Mindspikes to your target(s). Hits all targets in the path of your main target and applies a slow for 5sec. Surrender to Maddness (reworked) STM will push you deep into Voidform adding 50 VF stacks and a 15sec buff that slows insanity drain by 100%. Once you exit VF you will gain a debuff for 15secs that reduces insanity generation by 150%. 3min cdArczen1 9h
9h Holy pvp are we viable still or too weak now? i've been having trouble but that may just be my lack of experience and i've yet to see input from anyone else. is it just me struggling or were we nerfed in the wrong places?Wranduin2 9h
11h Shadow T21 Granted I've just logged into ptr, got the 4 set, and abused some dummies in the class hall, but I loved it! Great damage. Void forms consistently in the 60's and a few times to 75 with good procs unbuffed. I'm sure there is a better rotation than what I was doing. Aimed for 2 voits and used dispersion. Had fun watching a plethora of ghosts heading to my targets.Soulpresit1 11h
11h About the particle effects on Priest mount. Why don't make the particles effect on that mount an option that you can toggle on/off? Or perhaps a glyph? I'm really upset what they did with that mount, a lot of priest were happy with the effect, now feels boring when it flies.Aramit18 11h
12h When is Blizz giving Priest some love? Firstly, I'd like to say this is my first time posting on this forum. I've never felt compelled to voice my opinion until now. I originally rolled Priest in vanilla to do one thing, heal. I love healing and I thought priest was the right fit for me. I recently just got back on Wow after quitting in Wrath and I was super excited to play Disc/Holy. Besides the glaring weaknesses in Disc that plenty of people have touched on, I wanted to talk about the class as a whole. Priests by definition are dedicated healers. They are the only cloth healers, and the only class with 2 healing specs, yet they are the worst healers. Out of all the healing specs in the game, Holy and Disc are the bottom two. As a priest, I am constantly being overlooked for other healing specs for Mythics and Heroic Raids. Understandably so, priest heals are underwhelming in comparison to other healing specs. I am not saying we need to be OP, but if we are a dedicated healing class, wouldn't you by definition expect the class to do what they were meant to do? I know Shadow Priests are good now, which is great, but I didn't roll a priest to essentially play a mage. I know some of you are going to bash me, call me bad and say priests are great, which is fine and to be expected. I was in agreeance with you up until recently when I started to experience priest's underwhelming performance in high end raids for myself. There is no reason for a class with such a clear identity as a healer to be outhealed by every spec in the game. Is there really a reason for other classes like druids to outheal priests, but while doing that make great tanks, and mages? It's just illogical. There is a reason why priests are hard to come by. I am not sure what role priests play in legion since they have little to offer compared to other healing classes. My options are: get pingeonholed into playing shadow priest, accept mediocrity, or roll another class. This really takes the fun out of the game for me.Elyrwen34 12h
12h Barbaric Mindslaver and atonement? Does the Barbaric Mindslaver trinket proc from Atonement healing? I know it procs more with higher haste which is a disc priests bread and butter, but will it proc from atonement healing?Capriestsunn4 12h
12h scale of 1-10 how hard is disc? i've been healing since cata for the most part only switched to dps in end of WoD until now and want to pick it back up but specifically this spec so i do have experience in healing. i used to play old disc in WoD when it was OP and shields pretty much were always up but last i tried this new disc it felt weird due to the shields going down so fast in PvP and idk if i was playing it wrong but seemed like atonement did very little healing and not worth using at that level. i was like level 20 just trying to practice my PvP skills. so im just wondering how exactly hard would you scale this spec to learn for someone is it like a 10 even for skilled healers or is it something even a new player could pick up and learn as they level? i am going to be doing all types of content from mythic+, raiding, arena's and RBG's. im not looking to be extremely good at the start i just want to be pretty decent to be able to raid in the next patch/expansion and learn until then.Lethadox8 12h
14h Shadow defense idea, yay or nay? Random idea, maybe it could be tweaked a bit better, but something along the lines of some sort of shadow shield as either a talent or passive? "A protective orb of shadow energy slowly manifests around the caster, reducing all damage taken by 1% up to 10% for every insanity gained while not in Voidform. Activating Voidform further empowers the shield, providing an additional 10% damage reduction. After Voidform expires, the shield is exhausted and must be recharged." Essentially it would be a ramp up defense type effect that contrasts the offensive ramp up nature of shadow priests. Probably a horrible idea, I just got too much time on my hands lol.Gadreelor1 14h
15h MISERY??? Why is every shadow priest taking this now u can't spend one global applieing shadow word pain the other talents seem more useful is this just for fat lazy players?PlayerJMNPCN18 15h
18h Torrent + Bender Hi, I don't have the 4-piece t20 yet, but is it possible to have torrent and bender in every voidform without the complete t20? I am finding it difficult to align these two cooldowns in every voidform. I am thinking that this is probably why my dps is low. The best that I've done on a Goroth like fight is 720k dps. What is a good dps rotation without the 4-piece t20 so that torrent and bender align in mostly all of my voidforms?Kagandahan7 18h
19h Holy belt Ok.... so after getting 3 legendaries my first 2 weeks (cloak, bracers, GS ring) after 3 weeks of nothing the belt just dropped. How good is this thing for raids? I ask because Jak has it at the very bottom and says it's more of a M+ legendary because you are saving your HW spells and not so much in raids. So... do I continue with the cloak and bracers? Or do I swap the bracers for the belt (and more mastery?) Or do I just swap the bracers for the belt in M+? Wouldn't this thing be great for soloing? Turning the 1.3M Chastise crits into something a lot bigger?Sindah3 19h
23h Disc priest can't compete with other class? I main shadow priest, and now decide to change to disc priest. When I start healing in raid, I just feel the healing numbers are not able to keep up with others . Is this something I can do , or it just the game design like this ? ThanksYoiki11 23h
1d Is Holy easy to pick up? I haven't healed people in WoW since Kharazhan, and by that I mean the original one in Burning Crusade. Obviously, the Holy specialization is not even close to what it was 10 years ago when I played it. I'm a bit nervous about queuing leveling dungeon as healer right now but I don't know of any other way to practice healing people in WoW. I guess I'd like to know if it's easy to play holy in casual dungeons without risking major mess ups and dead tanks sending me hate tells. Obviously I'll read a guide before going in a dungeon.Méo11 1d
1d Shadow Priest 13mil damage vs Guardian Druid My mate who is a Guardian Druid ilvl925 with 4 set (PvE) took 13mil damage from a full PvP 928 Shadow Priest from Psychic Link? Can someone explain how this was the case? Priest had Legendary Head and Wrist. I play shadow myself so would love to know how this is the case?Whatlevel2 1d
1d Disc vs Holy Hey priests, I'm sure this has come up before but I just started playing my priest this expac (ran disc in WoD) and just wondering how people are finding the specs. I stuck with disc and have about 2 traits left before i work on Concordance. Disc is fun but I do find it quite busy. I've only been healing 5 man mythic dungeons and an LFR run of Nighthold. No one died on my watch but at times it was quite chaotic keeping up the atonement and then trying to fit in some dps. Just wondering how holy is for questing? Do Holy Priests have enough in their arsenal to effectively dps when needed? Looking at the new animations coming in 7.3 I'm very interested in switching to holy. Thanks for reading. Feedback appreciated :)Aedrid12 1d
1d Can holy soak big armageddon on Kil'jaedan? If I pop Guardian Spirit or is the damage too high?Callmeemp14 1d
1d Holy NERFED Tomorrow is this true ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3x-SuFxouk I didn't hear anything about this it's not on wow website .. WTF!Insulin9 1d
1d Legendary Ring Broken The on-use effect for the DPS legendary ring does not work for my holy priest. When I click the ring to use it, the screen twitches a little but nothing happens. I want to see epic smite crits. A lot of work went into seeing epic smite crits. Please fix. Thanks.Catchings11 1d
1d Binding Heal in Raids? Any good? Icy veins says no. But based on the tooltip it costs almost half the mana as Flash Heal for quite a bit more *potential* healing, while also reducing the CD of both your holy words which gives you some more flexibility. Unless I'm severely underestimating a 2 second reduced cooldown on PoM, binding heal seems like it should be considered viable...Ryudo12 1d
1d Barbaric Mindslaver - Holy Thoughts on this? Last weekend it was the 915 Sea Star and this weekend it was this trinket... also 915. Comparing the two though they aren't even close... nearly 8% of my heals vs just over 1%. The Holy trinket list shows the Star at #2 behind Velens... this one at #8... and the 900 DM:Hellfire I was running at #6. So what do I do here? Does this trinket get better when you are low on mana? I think I should keep it regardless just for the additional intellect.Sindah8 1d
1d Current disc I was raiding through normal earlier as my main spec (holy) and was one of four healers. Our healing was really stable and I was just spamming smite for the most part so I decided to swap to disc, which I used to play a lot before 7.2 I noticed smite got a huge Mana cost reduction and an added absorb, seems like it's finally usable as a filler instead of having to stop your dps. Also noticed the charges and cd on radiance, not sure if this is good or bad though. Also saw they made penance heal friendly targets again without the talent and they moved talents around Definitely seems like there are less Mana problems now though and I'd like to get back into playing it again. What I'm wondering is, is there anything that changed I didn't notice? And has anything about the playstyle changed? And is it doing well currently?Kursed21 1d
1d I feel useless as shadowpriest? Hi everyone I just came back from playing Stormblood and after beating the MSQ I am back! I normally played discipline but now I am trying shadowpriest. I'm ilvl 870 and don't raid other than LFR and some normal occasionally but I am playing with my bf who is playing brewmaster monk. I like shadowpriest but it seems like I'm very weak. I will put dots up and slowly whittle them down but it seems like my bf can burst everything down with a few abilities. By the time I can use voidform everything is dead and I'm just staring at my insanity go down while everything is already dead :P What add-ons can help me with multi-dotting? The talents I use is twist of fate, body and soul, psychic voice, lingering insanity, auspicious spirits, mind bender and legacy of the void. When I am out soloing I feel very helpless and struggle to do anything in a timely manner.Chennichen9 1d
2d bursting I was just wondering what other disc priests do during bursting? like after the mobs die.. do you use a specific spec for this week. its been a challenge and any help would be great. tyMéh4 2d
2d Shadow Priest Needs Change 1.) Good aoe is lacking for shadow priest. The following changes should be implemented to make our aoe a lot better and to add more fun to our playstyle. a.) Shadow crash should be baseline and it should move faster. b.) Void bolt should deal splash damage like Fire mage's Phoenix Flames does through a talent. c.) Mindsear needs to be brought back, and should work like old mistweaver where you transform a cast time spell into an instant and can use spells while casting it (it would only be able to use VT and SW:P). You would channel mindsear on an enemy target, and at the same time you can apply an instant vampiric touch, and SW:P. If SW:P is already applied, or applied while mindsear is channeling, then it would spread SW:P to all targets in a 10 yard radius. This would allow for a smooth and effective way to deal aoe, and delay insanity from draining while spreading dots in voidform. (Mindsear would still do damage to all targets regardless if a DoT is active just like it did previously, and would still be able to be applied to friendly targets and remove stealth.) 2.) Void eruption in pve is annoying to use, and detracts from a smooth transition into voidform from shadowform. It should be an instant cast by default or by our talent tree, not pruned into an honor talent. Having an instant void eruption feels amazing compared to having a 1.9 second cast time, which is NOT EVEN lowered by our haste value, which it should be. It would especially make questing, world quests, and other open world content much more enjoyable and powerful. 3.) The shadowy insight talent should also be replaced with the talent we had in WoD, which made mind blast instant and lowered its cooldown. This would help increase our damage while in shadowform, and decrease the ramp up time to deal effective damage to our target. It would also synergize well with instant void eruption and void bolt. Or it would instead just make Mind Blast have two charges baseline. 4.) With the new shadowform and voidform animation updates, PW:S needs to become a void shield to match our aesthetic. Having a holy shield on our dark, violet appearance looks very out of place. Make it so that you can still use it if you are spell locked shadow. To have it be a holy spell, but have a shadowy void look, it should be called Power Word: Corrupted Shield or something like that.Xanadaar62 2d
2d MW monk vs Holy Priest Why play priest over monk? Was thinking of rolling a priest but what can they do better than monks?Feelzbrah7 2d
2d What made you become a priest? Let me be fair here, i did it for the blade. What about you?Ravenstune23 2d
2d Lowered particle effects on Priest mount... ...Why? I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but... Why?! It was such a cool mount. It might have looked like a regular mount without the particles, but they made it way cooler! What was the reason behind lowering it? There was a post daaays ago talking about the particles. At the moment, the original post has 2 upvotes. And it looks like the majority didn't want the particles to be lowered heavily. Things like this are slowly killing the game, in my opinion. A few people wanted the particles to be gone, the majority wanted them to stay. It makes zero sense. TL;DR: Why lower the particles on the mount, Blizzard?Sabbatia80 2d
2d Is Disc overly conmplicated for a noob? I have never healed and lately i have started levelling a holy paladin, i'm still low level so it's just holy light and holy shock spam, but i feel at cap it might be a tiny bit dull, but i don't really know yet. I decided holy pally because it seemed simple to a completely new healer, plus attonement seemed like i might need a UI change with some tracking for it, and i'm casual, do some dungeons, bg's and LFR. do you tthink it is too difficult for a new guy?Drugsàrebad13 2d
2d Soul of the High Priest Stat Budget Has blizzard made any comment on why the stat budget for this ring is so low? Every other legendary ring i look at seems to have about 1.5k more secondary stats.Valdrasha4 2d
2d Shadow PvP Been hopping into arena skirmishes recently with my spriest, and 3s i do alright but 2s, holy lord pretty much stunlock silenced and dead in 30 seconds. is spriest just not a viable 2s spec anymore?Clemcy4 2d
2d Void Torrent usage question Greetings, was wondering about void torrent usage, mostly when to use it. All the how to play spriest guides ive read say to use void torrent immediately after going void form, i was wondering why? To my mind, it makes more sense to use it later into void form, for example the last 4 seconds of shadowfeind, for 2 reasons, firstly, its dmg scales with haste, at the end of shadowfiend we are at like 35-40 stacks. Secondly, when i use it for the last 4 seconds of shadowfiend i end up with a full insanity bar at the end of the channel. Obviously this wouldnt be ideal if you overcap on insanity due to shadowfiend as thats a waste, but you get the point, why use it so early where it does so little dmg and halts insanity drop while is basically doesnt move anyway? Thanks!Gâvel8 2d
3d Dropping Orbs in BG I have been doing the weekend BG (Temple of Kotmogu) and SOMEHOW i keep dropping the orb when i have it and i can not for the life of me figure out why? I know that using Spectral guide makes you drop it but what else that i am using makes me drop it? Is anyone else having this problem or what?Dizciple6 3d
3d Does Spriest bring anything to a raid? First mythic KJ kill had a priest, and method used one in many if not all fights Do priest bring anything aside from good dps? Im new to shadow priest so i honestly dont know. I dont think dispersion can cheese mechanics, and priests do have self heals but im not sure if they are worth anything to a raid ps: sorry for kinda misleading title, character limitTzhary8 3d
3d Log/DPS Help I just came back from a break and have been raiding on my shadow priest, and I used to parse in like the 90's, and since I've come back I've been hitting like the 60's to 70's. I'm pretty sure part of the problem is that my raid group is a lot more geared than I am so they pretty much instakill adds on fights like Harjatan in heroic so that severely limits my ability to push out more dps. But, having said that, I'm not hitting very high voidform stacks in each VF, I usually get somewhere between 49-54, which is on the lower side, but I'm not sure what I can do to get higher stacks. Here are some logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/thrall/hekait I still don't have Mangazas or the shoulders, so I'm rocking the wrists/sephuz/helm/cloak. Thanks for any help!Hekait0 3d
3d Light's Wrath Bugged? Just curious if anyone else is having the same issue as me. I can click on the weapon but it eventually burns me down and I am unable to damage it or subdue it.Genësis45 3d