Priest

Oct 30 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 1 Last Updated: 16OCT16 At the time of posting I am Prestige 3, Honor Rank 31; all three gold artifact traits unlocked. Also note I am a Lv110 Human. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change :( Welcome to Legion Shadow PvP! Below you will find the sections within this guide. I’m going to try and stay focused on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the new PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion conversation begins on page 21. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige Live, and upcoming 7.1 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige: Live and 7.1 The new “Prestige System” was designed to earn “Honor Ranks”. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress at Honor Rank 50. As you climb up in HonorRank, you gain gold, Artifact Power, and new abilities. In most cases the higher you Honor Rank is, the better the rewarded talents are. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you have the option to “Prestige”. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. However, you will lose all earned Honor Talents. When Patch 7.1 is released on October 25, 2016, “Prestige-ing” will not remove your Honor Talents any longer. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv800, and for each item level above iLv800, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv850, when you enter you will get a 5% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: Generally, [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time, whereas [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer. [Fortress of the Mind] comes isn’t really worth mentioning. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, requires enemy engagement to maximize the talent, and earning Insanity can be difficult at time. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast while giving us an absorption shield. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Void Lord] is mainly used for PvE when it is chosen. The idea being that if you have Lingering Insanity stacks when you enter Void Form, you can keep it momentarily which can allow for some devastating Void Torrents (as an example). [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with [Twist of Fate] and the Honor Talent [Last Word] flawlessly. Plus, it will allow you to enter Void Form more quickly or maintain it longer. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing. Recommended: Reaper of Souls. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent, especially if your loot luck only allowed you to have the relics that amplify Vampiric Touch damage. [Auspicious Spirits] is a great talent if you are 3/3 Unleash the Shadows in your Artifact Weapon. But this is normally used for PvE Insanity generation. [Shadowy Insight] is usually the top pick for PvP since SW:Pain spreading is mandatory, the instant MB casts allow us mobility, and the Insanity generation is excellent when it fires off. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is hands down the best for Shadow Priests because it allows us much faster casting, passive insanity generation from the faster casting, and direct insanity generation from activating it. However, it is both dispellable and Spell Steal-able. It’s one thing to have it purged, it is another to give it to a Mage. If it is stolen and the situation permits, dispel it from the Mage. [Shadow Crash] is not worth discussing. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Power Infusion. Tier 7 note, The Shadow Priest community has made solid arguments to the developers about this tier, and they have responded promises changes slightly after Patch 7.1. The TL;DR version (for) PvP is LotV and MS are severely lackluster abilities, while S2M is amazing (sans the guaranteed death) except it is too easy to lockdown a Shadow Priest in S2M. It is almost always a guaranteed death with little positive results. Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often, which in turn keeps Void Form more active (more 20% damage), more access to Void Torrent, and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Mind Spike] not worth discussing. [Surrender to Madness] or S2M. This hot potato ability is great but almost useless in PvP due to both the guaranteed death, ease of locking a Shadow Priest down with CC while it is active, and the long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents More of this guide is coming soon as I produce it. Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta, 12+ Years and still goingMerrik420 Oct 30
3d [7.1.5][Raids][M+] Mend's Discipline Guide With my new ventures into creating Discipline Priest content on YouTube and providing video guides in addition to my written content, I will be referring people to use the link below to view my guide. This is meant to ease up the amount of work that is involved with updating a guide in 3 different locations. Written Guide - http://bit.ly/H2P-MendsDiscGuide Video Raid Guide - http://bit.ly/H2P-DiscVideoGuide This will also ensure I don't miss any updates in one location or the other and save me quite a bit of work from cross posting this in multiple locations. If you ever have questions please reach myself or any of the talented Discipline Priests in the HowToPriest Discord located here: https://www.discord.gg/HowToPriestMend355 3d
22m Mind Sear Please Please Please allow us to cast mindflay on friendly players and make it act like the previous mind sear from before patch 7.1.5. It's really frustrating needing to waste 1 gcd to apply pain on a target thats going to die in seconds only need to do reapply pain to another target since the target you were mindflaying died in a second.Feralay6 22m
26m Mind flay/ Mind sear Fix this crap. Separate these spells, you've basically made us hunters with barrage. I can't single target dps and use SWP at the same time one of our main spells, FIX THIS GARBAGE. I can deal with losing a charge of MB off my BiS legendary, but this..this is garbage. I can't pull a group of mobs w/out dotting one, which pulls the ONE before I can AOE, which means I have to dot them all to get them all. I can't ST in a tight area where there are mobs close together or I pull the entire room. This is probably one of the dumbest changes I've seen to shadow priests.Peeloffmepls39 26m
28m Anyone else Kinda Peeved That inscription tomes to change talents are expensive... 400 gold for one. Pretty much every boss we have to switch up talents a bit if we want to maximize our dps... I guess I'm just used to one talent tree since STM was the top choice for so long. How do classes that switch specs every fight do it.... I mean, I don't farm gold. I DE everything and AH the chaos crystals and make my own flasks, which gives me a steady income of about 10k per week for literally no extra effort, but buying 10-20 of those talent tomes is 4-8k.... and I'm saving up for the 2 million spider mount :/Kozzíe7 28m
30m Shadow Priest AoE I like how the new function of Mind Flay works, I think that helped clear the way for the cool new spell that is Shadow Crash, but that brings up a point about targetable AoE's.. It's so dang hard to use underwater. I feel like there are a ton of mobs in Legion and otherwise that require you to be underwater, but it's always seemingly impossible to target anything useful unless you're at the surface of the water or at the floor of the water. I understand that's how like, the programming and layering kind of stuff works. But I think this problem probably applies to more classes than us. Maybe a fix like using vehicle targeting, that is kinda 3D looking, easy to target and see where you are shooting in 3D space. Cheers Blizz, and thanks for the great game so far though. Keep up the good work.Solonius3 30m
30m PW: Goodbye Spike Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discussion: Are you excited or tearful about Mind Spike going away?Priestescow72 30m
36m Ideal Priest Stats So would the ideal stats be around mastery 40% crit/haste 25%? Edit: We're talkin' holy priest hereKelphi0 36m
1h Anund's Seared Shackles bug/change? On live right now the stacking buff from Anund's Seared Shackles, Anund's Last Breath, is being consumed on cast and on hit of the voidbolt. The stacks will clear when you shoot the first void bolt, and will clear again when they hit their target. Anyone else experiencing this? Was this change on the hotfix or is it a bug?Killaspriest4 1h
1h I hate the blizzard Development Staff I really do. I lost about 80-100k dps after a quick check. Our AOE is still pretty strong, but our single target is so much weaker now. When legion released I was happy about being a single target monster. THey nerfed the !@#$ out of that, (for good reason), gave us more options, and kept us in the top 3 DPS spots. It was a good day to be a spriest. NOW, our aoe is good, but we're outperformed by several classes (locks, shammys, mages, warriors, DH) And our single target outside of StM is middle of the pack. StM is still the best single target build once again. And to all the people saying we needed the nerf because of the "overall" dps.... you're idiots. We performed super well on xavious, and odyn which skews the "overall" dps. So yea.... wlcome to being back in the middle of the pack spriests. We had our fun for a week.Kozzíe22 1h
1h NightHold WEAKAURA for disc so i use all of mend's weakaura for all the other raid but i need one for nighthold to tell me when to start putting out Atonement's for when the bust dmg comes in i am ready for it, iis there one out yet?Graceffa9 1h
2h Want to be a healer - Disc Priest or Druid? So after leveling a Blood DK - I realized I am not a tank and don't want that to be my main. In vanilla and BC, I mained a Resto Shaman (because my guild needed one) but never really liked the playstyle. So anyway - I'm switching mains and wanted some feedback. I've messed around with Druids and love the idea...typically loving ranged classes when doing DPS (boomkin) and think I'd enjoy healing again as I always liked that. So my dilemma, I have a 98 Priest (I did Shadow) and could do Disc and Shadow and could hit 100 in an hour and be on Legion content. Or I can buy a level 100 jump for a Druid and be ready in one night too. But I haven't been a healer since BC - so can someone explain to me the major differences in playstyle between a DISC Priest (because I'm told that Holy Priests are really in a bad place right now for end-game content) and a Druid healer? I'm looking for rotation complexity, solo-ability (I also solo a lot)...and viability for end-game content (Mythic or above). I hardly EVER PVP (just not my thing). I do a lot of solo content but love to do dungeons and used to be a hard-core raider back in vanilla and BC - then got away from WOW and just soloed for a long time and did normal and heroic dungeons. I find myself in hotels a LOT and have time almost every night or 4-5 times a week that I could get back into playing a lot and think I'd like to get back to being a good healer. Any thoughts? Suggestions?Gristle7 2h
2h . .Kazec16 2h
3h Is Discipline design a failure? First off let me state that I'm not looking to create a volatile discussion by bringing this up and I would like honest opinions from people who have legitimate experience with or understanding in regards the spec and its place within the healing community. I've been a priest main since TBC and in my opinion the Legion iteration of Discipline has been the most disappointing and under performing playstyle to date. The entire concept for the spec is to have high burst phases of healing based on raid wide damage spikes. The issue with that is those damage spikes are often already being dealt with by more efficient cooldowns from other classes. By "more efficient" I mean in mana efficiency and time dedicated towards throughput recovery from the burst. The spec requires you to dedicate 5 casts of Power Word: Radiance to cover 75% of a mythic raid with atonement. Also, that is assuming the atonement is applied with max efficiency which is often not the case due to the smartheal/range mechanics of the spell. Five casts of PW:R is equal to 357500 mana (without mana reductions) at 110 and by the time you are done applying 5 casts of radiance you will probably have around 4-8 seconds remaining on your first applications based on your haste to actually heal during that burst phase. After which you are either going to be going into a recovery phase because you just blew around 30% of your mana to heal for around 8 seconds, or you will be entering a low throughput phase because you just used a large portion of your cooldowns to heal for 8 seconds. So realistically the class is designed around these fairly infrequent moments of large spikes of damage which have consistently been non-fatal because every single healer spec has cooldowns to mitigate/recover these occurrences with similar throughput to a discipline priest. The only difference is that Discipline requires massive time/mana investment to prepare for a burst while other classes hit a 3~ minute cooldown and channel it. The fact that the cooldown is longer than the frequency a discipline priest could be capable of getting a burst phase is irrelevant because you stagger your healer cooldowns between healers to cover each phase, as has been done for many expansions now. I'll move away from raid specific scenarios and focus more on the "class fantasy" that many people love to shill as if it really matters. Originally discipline designed in a way that they were probably the biggest hybrid spec within the classic MMO trinity as they were healers that were going to be doing damage for the majority of the healing throughput. While in beta testing, discipline was pulling VERY strong numbers, and I mean pulling 400k in early pre-raid legion gear. The way we scaled with dps procs was nerfed and now we're back to pulling dps numbers more in line with other tanks/healers. The issue I find with that and as we most recently saw from the recent and unimpactful nerf to holy paladin's Holy Shock is that other healers are fully capable of out damaging us in situations that our class fantasy would have you believe we are to excel. Discipline will practically never pull 250k+ in our ilvl without sacrificing a large amount of mana on inefficient atonement healing. I haven't seen Blizzard show any meaningful interest in Discipline balance and design since the beta. No one worth their salt is going to waste their time trying to advocate that the Shadow Covenant redesign has any impact on it's usefulness in this current state.Pitzman118 3h
3h Can someone explain Void Bolt to me? So it extends both Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain by 3.1 seconds (as stated by the tooltip). VT has a 24 second duration SW:P has an 18 second duration If SW:P is applied directly after VT, there is a 6 second duration difference between the two. This is where I don't understand what is happening. If I stay on a single target non-stop, as time goes on, the duration difference between the two DoTs goes up over time. I would think if both DoTs had 3.1 seconds added to each of them at the same time, the 6 second duration between the two would stay constant. But I'm seeing a difference of 12 seconds just after about a minute. If I stay on the same target for a few minutes, it'll have an upwards of 30+ seconds difference. Am I just not thinking this through clearly? Or is there some problem with the duration added? Thanks!Malriex11 3h
3h Holy neck enchant after 7.1.5 who is the best neck enchant ?Carbonada3 3h
3h Holy Priest Discussion Hello fellow holy priests! First I would like to state these views are of my own and from a PvE perspective. I cruise the forums somewhat regularly, both here and mmo. I like to see what other holy priests are doing, discussion stat weights, talents, legendaries, trinkets etc... I read something the other day talking about NightHold raiding, progression specifically. Reading about what healers are looking like the top picks and what the most ideal comps are looking like. Pretty much the post summed up NOT to bring a priest, disc or holy to progression, but holy specifically. I consider myself an above average holy priest, I clear Mythic difficulties, I'm our guilds healing lead and my logs are for the most part, pretty on point. I have read lots of negative views on priest healers this expansion; lots of players on the forums have stated things such as, why bring a holy priest to a raid when you can bring a resto druid or a holy pally? I've read benefits to all healers, and sometimes even creep the other classes to read what they say about their healing spec. I think for the most part, Holy is... what I would classify as the Miracle healer. If someone makes a poor decision, stands in something they shouldn't have, or needs an emergency leap of faith we got that covered! However.... Is it enough? I don't think so, our hots are weaker than a druids, and no we aren't meant to just raid heal, we're pretty versatile and able to help on raid healing when it's needed, or give a big heal to tanks when they are hurting! Our mobility and our suitability is still weak, something that has been commented on since BETA and still... we don't see a change. Holy priests have commented a ton that we feel CoH is not a valid choice for End game content, and it's not, not with what it is compared against. So why does Blizz not do something about this? Is it as intended? Is the priest voice just not loud enough? Or do Holy priests just settle? Thinking back to every expansion that I have played (I Started in WoTLK) Holy has not been a top contender; not a healer you NEED for progression. I love playing my priest and I will see this through, but I feel like we should become one voice, not just settle for where we have been placed. Do I think they should let us move and Hymn... Well no (I'm aware that will not be a popular choice). Singing and running is hard, I'd be out of breath and the Hymn would be cut short; it makes sense. What I would like to see is them buffing CoH, or taking it out of a tier choice and putting it in our tool kit. It's my understanding that Blizz wanted Holy Priests to heal around their holy words. So why not make CoH reduce the CD of one? Or give it a chance to leave renew's/pom's on the targets that get hit by CoH? Or why not let us have SoH on a much shorter CD that doesn't need to be a tier talent; (not that I am complaining about mana) but give us some more attractive abilities that would make top end game content make holy priests look more attractive! Maybe I'm alone on my views, and if that's the case... it is what it is. But I wanted to voice, yet again, that Holy Priests need to be worked with again, we shouldn't get brushed aside because other healers can do our jobs better. Give us something that is hard to resist...... End RantCeleenia107 3h
4h Disc PVP 7.1.5 I'm just getting mowed down now. Has anyone found that sweet spot combination of honor talents for BGs? I feel like I can't even keep myself up through all my CDs.Slappyslap19 4h
4h [Disc] Nighthold Strategy http://bit.ly/2jiG8HC I've put together a list of abilities and screenshots of damage patterns for the upcoming fights in Nighthold tomorrow. Enjoy!Mendx4 4h
6h SPRIEST NEW ROTATION? Hey guys, I just got back from a 2 week trip, and Im really confused with these changes... i really cant understand what our new rotations are... I have to learn everything from the scratch again? can anyone one help me?Tsun4 6h
6h 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog! You know the drill! Rate the above users Transmog out of 10. Comment on what you like - what you don't like. GO!Tygahr41 6h
7h Hotfix Live? Just curious if the Jan 15th notes (and the associated shadow nerf) went live today. Can anyone confirm once servers go up?Aristin4 7h
7h Lingering Insanity Essential? I've been hearing some saying that the talent LI is essential. Is it really essential or is it just that they're used to having that haste buff post VF and they think they can't live without it?Ikarrus10 7h
7h Discipline priority stats in raid I know haste is very important in raid. Second goes to critical because increase damage to atonement heal. Recently, I have read Icy guide which updated mastery is more important than critical on JAN 2017. Also, after analyzing some top discipline priests for example: Sups player in warcraft logs stats is like roughly as below: Haste 10k - 11k (30% - 31%) Mastery 7k - 8k (40% - 45%) Critical 4k (16-18%) I have never thought of raising mastery to this high since I always have only around 5k mastery (30%). Seems like mastery > critical in raid. Besides knowing the mechanic, maybe this is the reason my atonement heal is quite low?Kouyuuken6 7h
8h SHADOW PRIEST NERFS COMING -Shadow Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Shadow Crash, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Void, Shadowy Apparition, Void Bolt, Void Torrent, and Void Eruption damage reduced by 4%. Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 11%. Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 14%.Leumäs115 8h
10h Blessed Seals Class Hall Research Talent TL;DR: Blessed Seals isn't working right for me and aside from that, it kinda sucks as a talent. Anyone else having a problem and/or feel the same way about it? I've been experiencing issues with the Blessed Seals research talent, mainly not being able to turn in the initial quest to place a work order and not even being able to place a work order sometimes. So here's how it went down. I initially researched the other talent in the tier (Tithe). After a while I switched over to Blessed Seals. When this research finished I picked up the quest to place a work order, but the NPC didn't give me the option to place a work order. After a few days I was able to place a work order but now I wasn't able to turn in the quest. So then after more days I just dropped the quest and picked it back up but ended up in square one (not being able to place a work order). I'm probably just gonna end up going back to Tithe because even without this issue it feels very underwhelming. I'm starting to be flooded with resource so buying the coins from the Dalaran vendor. Also(probably a seperate discussion), it seems that Tithe also comes with an item you place work orders for that you can use on champions and followers that increases success chance on missions. So is anyone else experiencing this with Blessed Seals?Nastan6 10h
10h Healing 3s in Arena Hello, I am looking for tips on honor talent selection for healing 3s. I know it is comp dependent but I am really getting blown up and would love some suggestions. Additional, with the changes to holy, is anyone finding success with it in 3s? Thanks!Valmaxia1 10h
12h The weird spot for holy priest right now Since the launch of 7.1.5, the secret nerf on "Trail of Light" talent (well done, blizzard, another secretly well done) have decrease Holy spec overall HPS for 5%~10%. The low proc on "Blessing of T'uure" is so frustrating right now. The best Golden trait of holy spec just nerfed to hell, and are mostly unaware of by other classes. People think we are buffed, yet actually we received the biggest nerf since the launch of Legion. Now, the mana regen trinket in Nighthold also is disgusting, since the spell "Heal" is nowhere to be used by any style of play or any situation of combat. In fact, I doubt you will find any appearance of the spell "heal" in any WCL logs. The only mana regen trinket that is viable, is the "Amalgam's Seventh Spine" from BRH. This is certainly another disgusting case since such trinket will have a much lower drop rate in M+ compare to weekly raid, due to the amount of items in loot pool in 5-man dungeon and the limitation of chests each run. Putting aside how BRH is difficult for most affixes, holy priest overall is in a weak spot for M+. Overflow and Volcanic is Annoying to deal with. (not saying its unmanageable, but simply annoying for a lot of cases.)(Also retro druid doesn't even need to worry any affixes, but thats another topic.) SO, TL;DR, after the secret nerf, mana regen is even harder to deal for holy priest. Moreover, in the raid where holy priest really shines doesn't not have a proper mana regen trinket for holy priest. If holy priests really want a BIS, they have to go dig into the Mythic+ content which is absoutely not going to be a enjoyable experience. Billiard, If you "hate" priest this much, why dont you freaking just delete this spec? PS: any post below telling me to reroll a druid or a paladin please FXXX OFF.Nuonuoyuki0 12h
12h Question about Spriests So I'm in love with Shadow priests but I had a few PvP questions about them: 1. Are they any good in 2's or do they require a healer for 2's or what? 2. Can you 1v1 people effectively? 3. For an offspec I really dislike Disc but is Holy any good in PvP?Zanîther7 12h
14h "We want Priests to be less reliant on S2M" > 4 days into patch, nerfs the factors that were making S2M less mandatory Okay Blizz.Mindshock12 14h
16h Shadow Priest resources I've had enough of Blizzard's hatred of hunters and have thrown in the towel. Leveling this priest for DPS now but I'm not impressed with Icy-Veins and the like. Are there any other places to go for good priest info?Skêptic1 16h
17h two quick questions 1. Casting Vampiric Touch with Misery does not seem to apply the instant damage that a hard cast SW:P does (yes, i know it's less that 30k on mobs that have over a million HP). This becomes more important, however when you realise that this missing initial damage is LESS than the overall nerf given to SW:P (meaning that IF the damage were applied, it would brunt the nerf given to the spell; similarly if it is NOT applied, then the nerf is overtuned). Is this missing damage intended, and if it is, it leads me to my second question: 2. wtf, blizz?Renisha0 17h
17h Shadow + Healing Trinkets? So I'm transitioning from healing to Shadow, and so the gear I've got now is more suited for Holy. My biggest worry is that I've got pretty bad trinkets, in that they're healing trinkets. However, I've noticed that my healing trinkets will proc off of Vampiric Touch's passive healing effect, Vampiric Embrace, and Shadow Mend (which I'm obviously never casting). It's hard to practice with, because I need to be in Combat and healing myself (not applying an absorb.) Sooo I'm wondering, how bad of a trinket would something like Heightened Senses be for shadow? Item Level 880 +1095 Versatility Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to grant you 1329 Haste and 4725 Intellect for 12 sec. Or should I just replace it immediately with the first Int/Haste stick I get off a WQ?Renascia3 17h
17h Shadow Priest pvp talents I just hit 110 I was just wondering what honor talents are people using?Salanya2 17h
17h when will SPriesyts go back to orbs so. when will blizzard swap us back to shadow orbs again and give us back everything that makes shadow priests playable? you know. considering they just fixed something that wasnt broken and made an entire spec unplayable.Shadowvaat15 17h
19h Disc Mana Costs Smite needs to be free Radiance needs to come down.. 3-4 casts in a row (after 5Plea's) is 280k mana forcing us to use 2 mana trinkets one of which cant be upgraded past 865 (super fun) the high mana management of this class makes it feel High Risk low reward.. while other classes can heal just as much (if not more than us) and never have mana issues not to mention our DPS is pathetic and completely over looked.. part of the appeal of this class (its fantasy) was doing DPS to heal.. not tickling enemies to heal your team..Novura14 19h
20h Beacon of Light Trait I think it would be nice if the paragon trait for holy priest also increased damage. I do wq's as holy priest sometimes and i think the extra damage would make it go a bit faster.Feralay2 20h
21h artifact and mindsear Are they going to fix the mindsear trait on the artifact it pretty useless to have maxxed it out for no reasonHeavysquats3 21h
22h Misery not working 100% of the time As the title says, sometimes I cast Vamp and SWP is not applied. Anyone else experience this issue?Fatesnatcher7 22h
22h solo ? I have always loved gnome shadow priests and was thinking of making one again but I haven't played one in a very long time . was curious what all can they solo as far as dungeons and other areas for pet and mount farming ? also was wondering do they do pretty good in pve in legion ? I would be leveling from 1 not boosting . I only do pve and solo play no pvp unless its a world quest and I get something nice from it .Sylarsong3 22h
1d 7.1.5 Shadow Stat Priority? AMR considers our priority to be Haste > Crit > Int == Mastery. Icy Veins considers Haste to 12k, Mastery, Crit, Int. What is the right priority now. Anyone figure it out?Maebe5 1d
1d Do SPriests even use Mind Blast? Leveling up my SPriest but MB damage seems a bit low though it gives good insanity. Do Spriests even use it? Thanks!Nommi16 1d
1d Tauren Priest I'm making a Priest and it's going to be a Tauren. I need a name. It can either be realistic or punny; I'll take either.Lindeyna18 1d
1d Ok Mind Sear is gone, fine. Any chance we can get something to compensate the loss of the friendly-target mind sear? OR do i just sit there waiting for the rogue to open? also, will the new and improved (lol) mind s-flay spread [edit: cleave] effect hit stealthed targets?Iisk10 1d
1d Which Horde Race? I'm faction changing to play with my friend... currently draenei... what should I pick? D: idk if race makes a huge difference, but I'll be PvEing.Babydaniel10 1d
1d Can you give MF the old MS animation? Mindflay is the most lack luster animation I can imagine. Can you give it the Mind Sear animation instead, now that Mind Sear is gone? Shadow Priest is already the most boring ranged class, visually. Wouldn't hurt to spruce it up. Go watch moonking or ele shaman for a cool looking ranged class, as far as the visuals go.Sultriss5 1d
1d The Issue with these Nerfs The issue with these nerfs, is that they are based off of parses of fights that people have been doing for months now. They are shorter, and the uptime is near perfect for these players. This type of play style will not be representative in progression through nighthold. DPS will always be optimized in the end of a raid tier with gear and repetition. So Blizzard had a knee jerk reaction for fear that the top spriests will be too good in nighthold progression and skew their wonderful competition for world first and every other spriest will be penalized for it. It's like this. A formula 1 driver practices a course with his car for months. Then toward the end of the month he gets a new engine that changes his performance for the better. He uses this new performance car on a track that he has been practicing and getting better at for months so he clearly demolishes the track. He does so well that it becomes a hazard driving. A new race comes up and because of the race car drivers performance on the track he has been practicing on, other racers get downgraded cars for the newer track. If that doesn't make sense to you logically, then the Shadow nerf shouldn't either. They should have waited until after NH release, but they got scared about the world first progression that they panelized everyone. And more than likely a month or two down the road they will buff us again by fixing this ridiculous nerf to our two main damage dealers.Kozzíe1 1d
1d Holy Priest 7.1.5 Please Hotfix The holy priest has an ability now that can cap flags at will now because they are immune to all damage, stuns, cc, and can just cap a flag before it wears off. Please hotfix this so priests can't cap flags while they are immune to damage.Presul21 1d
1d Shadow Priest pvp I have been playing around on my Shadow Priest and pvping with him a lot. One thing I notice is that when a melee targets me I am pretty much doomed. How do you guys deal with melee in general on shadow?Åperture8 1d
1d Holy priest for raid Hi all, i just started playing holy. I am formerly a disc priest, well i still am but i wanted to see what kinda numbers i can pull as holy. So i am woundering what talents to take for raid and which to take for mythic plus. ThanksBustangr3 1d