Priest

Jan 4 Shadow PvP: Legion Season 4 Last Updated: 01JUL17 A special thanks to Lárisa-MoonGuard for reminding me that people enjoy this guide and I should update it. Note: I am a Lv110 Panda. My avatar is showing a Lv85 Goblin silhouette which won't change, and I don't know why. Welcome to Legion 7.2.5 Shadow PvP! I will try to focus on Shadow Priest PvP, and only briefly touch on the Legion PvP system. Sources are listed below the head of each section when applicable. The Legion 7.2.5 conversation begins on page 22, post 2. Please keep in mind that the best math and simulations to produce the most accurate numbers, and what talents should produce the best results can never be 100% accurate. Every situation is different, so please keep an open mind. This is a broad guide meant as a foundation to build upon. I encourage open dialog and discussions with professional debating, to better help one another. 1) Prestige System 2) PvP Templates 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? 4) Regular Talents 5) Honor Talents 6) Artifact Choices 7) Rated Rewards 8) Honor Rewards 9) Other 1) Prestige System The new “Prestige System” was designed to reward AP, gold, and unique rewards. During your climb to Prestige 1, you earn special PvP talents and the amount of honor needed is half of all other Prestige Rank. You start at Honor Rank 1 and can progress to Honor Rank 50, before "prestiging" to the next Prestige Rank. The higher you climb, the more PVP talents become available. (We’ll cover each talent further down). When you earn Honor Rank 50, you automatically rollover to the next Prestige Rank and Honor level 0. You do not lose any earned talents. You will earn an achievement, a reward, and a specialized icon next to your name in any Battleground or Arena. These Honor Talents make a massive difference in your gameplay and were intended to replace set bonuses. 2) PvP Templates To avoid a wide margin in gear as we have constantly seen in the past, a “Template” system was developed. Each Spec/Class has predetermined stats and values. The basic idea is that everyone has their gear adjusted to iLv900, and for each item level above iLv900, you will gain 0.1%. As an example if you have an item level of iLv920, when you enter you will get a 2% boost to your stats. All that matters are the item level in each slot and nothing else. You will see a buff when within instanced PvP called "Principles of War" that also explains this. These templates DO NOT apply in World PvP. 3) Gear, enchants, trinkets, and bonuses? Concerning itemization. Remembering what we just covered, the only thing that matters within instanced PvP is the item level in each slot since your stats will be adjusted to predetermined values and enhance your item level. As an example, you might catch me wearing my PvP outfit which is a hot mess of random items that increase my item level to iLV923, some of the item ungemmed and unenchanted. But when I run my weekly mythics, I use a proper set of balanced stats that is iLv915. Enchants do not work. Equip bonuses do not work. Trinket functions do not work. And any type of bonus from gear does not work (such as [item= 137419]). This was to try and keep everyone in line with one another. In the past certain enchants, and especially trinkets, gave certain Class/Spec a massive advantage. 4) Regular Talents Tier 1: [Twist of Fate] comes out on top for damage every time. [Fortress of the Mind] is sub par in comparison to ToF, especially since MF is only a filler spell that is rarely cast to completion. [SW: Void] will allow you to enter quickly or maintain Void Form longer, but is another additional ability to use and doesn't compare to ToF. Recommend: Twist of Fate. Tier 2: [Mania] is generally useless because you are almost always perma-snared, which completely neuters this ability. [Body and Soul] is extremely useful because we are constantly casting PW:S, it is a good gap closer/opener that doesn’t require enemy combat, and is instant cast. [Masochism] is more for leveling and questing. Shadow Mend has a fairly high cost, only allowing us five uninterrupted casts. Although turning the post cast DoT into a HoT and reducing all damage by 10% for the HoT duration, it doesn’t do as well utility wise as [Body and Soul]. It should be noted that the DoT from [Masochism] falls off if you break combat, does stack the more you cast Shadow Mend, and is not applied out of combat. The HoT from [Masochism] stacks the more you cast Shadow Mend, remains in or out of combat, and most important is dispellable (and can be Spell Steal by a Mage). Recommend: Body and Soul. Tier 3: [Mind Bomb] replaces Psychic Scream and does a great job for control with its short cooldown, AoE application, and can be instant cast at range. [Psychic Voice] does well in certain situation in which enemies are tightly packed and don’t have a way to easily break fear (generally Arenas against non-melee heavy teams). [Dominate Mind] is useless as it does not work in PvP. Recommended: Mind Bomb. Tier 4: [Lingering Insanity] is almost always the #1 choice, which lets us maintain high amount of Haste. Do not use if you choose the honor talent [Edge of Insanity]. [Reaper of Souls] is a great ability that aligns with the honor talent [Last Word] flawlessly, allowing SW:D to activate at 35% enemy HP, which means you can double silence when they are in that range. [Void Ray] isn’t worth discussing as it is very rare to cast a full duration Mind Flay, coupled with the stacks falling off very quickly. Recommended: Lingering Insanity. Tier 5: [San’layn] is a good talent for smaller fights, like arenas. [Auspicious Spirits] is not worth taking since our template gives us <20% Crit. [Shadowy Insight] is a great choice for larger fights like RBGs, since casting SW:P off the back of VT with the Tier 6 talent [Misery) gives us many MB instant cast procs. This allows us mobility and great Insanity generation. Recommended: Shadowy Insight. Tier 6: [Power Infusion] is only taken in Arenas when the enemy team doesn't have a member that can dispell, purge, or steal it. [Misery] is the best talent for RBGs and Arenas as it lets you cast your DoTs very quickly, and recast them quickly if dispelled. This allows more procs from [Shadow Insight] and healing from VT. [Mind Bender] can be a useful ability, but is usually taken by Discipline Priests (when chosen). The issue with this ability is the Mindbender pet is susceptible to CC (fear, stun, etc). And if it is not attacking an enemy, it is doing nothing for you. Recommended: Misery Tier 7: [Legacy of the Void] is the most chosen ability as it allows us to enter Void Form earlier and more often and grants an additional 5% damage while in VF. This keeps Void Form more active at +25% amage, more access to Void Bolt (and Void Torrent if you can cast it freely), and more reliable stacks of Lingering Insanity. [Shadow Crash] is only taken when the honor talent [Edge of Insanity] is taken. [Surrender to Madness] is never taken due to how difficult it is to keep VF up in PvP coupled with a long cooldown. Recommended: Legacy of the Void. Honor Talents Tier 1: [Gladiator's Medallion] Crowd Control break ability on a 2 minute CD. [Adaption] Auto-Crowd Control break ability on a 1 minute CD. The problem with this is a smart player with spammable CC (Ex. Sap or Polymorph) will get this to proc by using their CC ability twice, and then open on you. [Relentless] All CC reduced by 20%. Recommended: Gladiator's Medallion. Tier 2: [Train of Thought] Not worth taking. You will always be taking damage as a Shadow Priest. [Mind Quickening] Great talent as more Haste is more success. [Initiation] Not really worth taking since our crit is low on our template. Recommended: Mind Quickening Tier 3: [Void Shield] Not worth taking anymore since the change in 7.2.5 to VT, SL, FE (etc). [Pure Shadow] Increases your Dispersion to 95% damage reduction during its duration and stops insanity drain for 6 seconds afterwards. Great choice for survivability and/or maintaining VF longer. [Fleeting Embrace] Since the change to this in 7.2.5, it isn't even close in ability to PS. Recommended: Pure Shadow Tier 4: [Driven to Madness] Great talent, but doesn't compare to the other two because Instant VF or EoF build is stronger than rapid Insanity generation. [Void Origins] This is the most common ability chosen to get into VF instantly. [Edge of Insanity] A good ability but requires a completely different set of Talents, Honor Talents, and game play style. (Will try and discuss this build below). Recommended: Void Origins Tier 5: [Mind Trauma] Steals Haste from your enemy per one complete cast of Mind Flay. That part in bold is why this ability is terrible and not worth taking. We rarely complete a MF cast because it is filler and we are constantly CCed or interrupted. [Shadow Mania] Good talent for Insanity generation, especially in large group fights like an RBG. [Psychic Link] With the aforementioned talent [Misery] and {Shadowy Insight], we can deal a lot of Mind Blast damage, and then have 30% of it hit everyone around us. Recommended: SM for Arena and PL for RBGs. Tier 6: [Psyfiend] Amazing ability to deal 15% HP of your enemy and inflict a -50% healing debuff. The major con about this ability is it has 10 HP and can be easily one shot, but cannot be targeted with macros. Used in conjunction with the talent [Lingering Insanity]. [Last Word] great way to destroy a healer who IS NOT on the silence DR for blanket silences. But it will still act as an interrupt if you catch them while casting. This ability is taken with the talent [Reaper of Souls]. [Void Shift] Generally Arena use only as a quick fix to being mongo-bursted by melee. Recommended: - Psyfiend if you are the only Shadow Priest in RBGs. - Last Word if you are one of two Shadow Priests in RBGs. - Void Shift if you are doing arenas against melee mongo keyboard facerollers. <More to come> Grand Marshal Merrik Hero, Guardian, Defender, and Soldier of the Alliance Prestige 15, The Unrelenting The Bloodthirsty, Lord of War Justicar, Battlemaster, Khan, Gorgeous Warbound, Original Rank 13 Field Marshal Shadow since Beta & 94% of all PvP AchievementsMerrik425 Jan 4
Jan 9 Larisa's Holy BG/RBG Guide 7.3.2 ---Introduction--- Hi there. I’m Larisa, and I’ve been doing a lot of Holy PVP lately. It’s definitely the classic Priest heal spec this expansion, and its enjoyable and a bit more easy to play than Discipline to it’s fullest- Not to mention a lot more potent. If you’re looking to get into PVP, or looking for a break to try something new, this’ll be the guide for you. I’ve been prestige 21 a while, and have earned most of those levels through playing this spec. Holy is a bit more open to what talents to run in a battleground setting than Discipline is, and it really shows. Below I’m going to be listing the different talents, what they synergize with and where they shine best, as well as where they would be a poor choice to take. I’ll occasionally touch on the Arena setting, but this focuses more on a general battleground or RBG setting. 1 - Talents 2 - The 75 Synergy 3 - Artifact Traits to Keep In Mind 4 - Rotation 5 - General Information & Useful Tips 6 - Macros & Addons ---Talents--- ---PVE--- 15: ... Trail of Light and Enlightenment are both very useful options. I almost always run Trail of Light personally, but Enlightenment is fine if you aren’t good at keeping track of who your ToL target is. Enlightenment is also the go-to should you run Binding Heal, as ToL becomes pointless. Enduring Renewal is not necessary and a bit of a waste in all regards. 30: ... This row all comes down to personal preference. When I solo heal battlegrounds I tend to make use of Perseverance, to make myself that much tankier. In RBGs you should most always run Angelic Feather as the other two healers will keep you up, and the movement speed is much more important. Body and Mind is not horrible, but generally AF does the job better as you aren’t needing the speed boost every 10 seconds for minutes on end. 45: ... Censure is useful in maps like Battle for Gilneas, either of the 40 mans, Strand of the Ancients, and can honestly be used in any map in a random or low rated. Shining Force is very handy for knockoffs at BS or LM in Arathi Basin, roof defense in WSG (Or TP), and of course very very strong in EOTS (Less so in rated, but still the go-to talent for the map). Afterlife is useful in randoms where you’re solo healing and know you’ll die in the teamfight, I.E. Battle for Gilneas, Temple of Kotmogu, maybe SSMs (If you’re solo healing, you should probably take it regardless). It becomes much more useful with an addon to track the rez timer, so you can almost always heal and then end it right when you will rez. Afterlife is not as useful in rated though do to the static 25 second rez timer unfortunately. 60: ... Light of the Naaru always. 75: ... This row is the one that specs are built around. Each of the 3 talents can change how you’re played pretty significantly compared to any other talent you’ll chose. I’ll go a bit more into detail down the line, but it ends up coming down to personal preference (In rated, you’ll chose the talent- and therefore build- to best suit the situation you’ll be put in). 90: ... Divinity is most always taken. The other two simply don’t compare in battleground PVP. 100: ... Apotheosis is a very strong talent for solo healing and should most always be taken in situations where you will find yourself solo healing. Benediction is great for teamfight maps (SSM, BFG, ToK and to an extent WSG) as it saves you plenty of mana with the auto-renew, and does a nice bit of passive healing. ---PVP--- R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Defender you’ll find stronger against rot heavy teams. This means that the majority of their damage will be from dots, and spread across your whole team. The extra cast speed is very useful, but you’ll find yourself ooming faster. Works well paired with Benediction as it makes renew tick faster. You can make this work solo healing if the enemy is lacking in ranged interrupts. Vim & Vigor is stronger against melee or single target burst heavy teams. The less spread pressure generally means you’ll have significant uptime, and in this situation it far outshines Defender. Never run V&V in solo heal situations (Be it you’re the only healer in the battleground, or the only healer assigned to defense/offense in an RBG setting), as you’ll not be able to make use of it. Inner Focus is very strong in solo heal situations. Generally this is the talent I find myself taking when I’m put on defense with nothing but the tank (or maybe a DPS), as sometimes you simply can’t waste time juking. The guaranteed crit is also especially nice if you can get it to proc on Serenity, but don’t force it. R3: ... Holy Ward is what I always run. The other two might have their merits and if someone can point out to me a situation where they’d be better in a BG/RBG setting I will amend this section, but as it stands it’s simply more powerful, especially in solo healing situations. A 30 second cooldown, 30 second buff to consume the next crowd control effect you receive. Even at 2.1k, rarely do shamans/priests on the enemy team take the time to dispel this off of me. If you can dispel it off of the enemy priests though, without pushing in too far, do so. It helps quite a bit. R4: ... I switch between HC and GF depending on the enemy team comp. Against a more melee or single target enemy, GF will be much more handy for when they finally decide to switch to you. Against comps ample with mages, druids, spriests, warlocks or hunters HC shines. A kick is nothing more than a second delay most situations, and you’re right back to casting. HC is what you should take if you find you’re bad at juking, even in situations where a better player would take GF. If the enemy team finds you don’t spend time juking, they’ll simply make you eat all of their interrupts. (Some people will tell you to “get good”, but trust me- Trying to juke 5-6 6 second interrupts on the enemy team is near impossible and will do more harm than good. Healing is already an uphill battle in Legion, and you shouldn’t let people get you down just because of the way the game works). R5: ... Rapid Mending 80% of the time. The instant, unstoppable healing you do (especially combined with Benediction) is a major boon to your team. Even when solo healing, it’s not usually a bad idea to take. Miracle Worker is what I take in conjunction with Apotheosis should I find myself in a poor solo heal situation, and only in RBGs. (An example would be when I’m sent with 1 dps to spin the flag at Blacksmith, or I’m alone on defense with the tank in CTF. In these situations, instant prayer of mending isn’t going to help you at all). Greater Heal is pretty good to take when you use Binding Heal, for a stronger singular focused heal to cast when needed. R6: ... To a fresh priest, the first two might seem like pretty good options. This unfortunately isn’t the case. Ray of Hope is always- *always*- the best option to take on this row in BGs and RBGs. Redeemer sees a lot of use in arena, but denies you any healing after you die in BGs, which generally happens a lot. Try to save your Ray for when someone gets low, or if you’re astute you can Ray someone with the 50% mortal strike effect from warriors/rogues/priests, and heal them after they end (Most shouldn’t last more than 4 seconds, and Ray is 6- And normally applied after the MS effect was, haha). ---The 75 Synergy--- The 75 row is the heart of a lot of holy priest builds in both PVP and PVE. a lot of the time what you take on this row will influence heavily what you take on many other rows, and so it’s important to know when to use what, or what to use with what you take here. It’s important to point out that, aside from a few situations, this row really comes to personal preference in PVP. Take what you enjoy best. --Surge of Light-- Very good to get out unstoppable healing, as well as saving mana. You’ll always take this with Apotheosis (But you don’t always need to take Apotheosis if you have this- It isn’t mutually exclusive). Good talents to run with Surge of Light tend to be : Trail of Light Apotheosis Miracle Worker (MW isn’t as important however- I normally run SoL with Rapid Mending in RBGs myself, again except in solo heal situations). --Binding Heal-- BH shines against rot comps, but is still strong in any map where you’ll be teamfighting often. The biggest benefit out of BH is that you’ll almost never oom, unless you stay in a fight for 6+ minutes straight. If you find yourself in a solo heal situation, it does tend to fall a bit flat. Good talents to run with Binding Heal tend to be : Enlightenment Perseverance (Dots basically won’t matter unless you get focused!) Benediction Rapid Mending OR Greater Heal (Lean towards RM on maps like BFG, EOTS, or SSM. GH on maps like AB, DWG, ToK).. --Piety-- This tends to be a more hands-on playstyle than Binding Heal, though not as inclusive as Surge of Light. Having much more uptime on HW:Sanctify means you need to be aware of your teamates exact location, rather than just if they’re close by you. (You won’t normally have HW:S up often w/o this talent as you shouldn’t be spamming Prayer of Healing in battlegrounds aside from very rare situations). Good talents to take with Piety tend to be: Trail of Light OR Enlightenment (leaning towards Enlightenment) Benediction (Actually, don’t run piety without this) Rapid Mending (Again, don’t run piety without this).Larisa6 Jan 9
35m When a DH goes Priestly Some context - Last I played priest seriously was tbc. For some reason last week I got the urge to pick him up again starting at lvl 89. After some hours researching and playing all three specs, Here is how I feel, cause you all want to know I'm sure. Holy- great potential and holy word synergy is fun. Too reactive imo Though, I miss shields. Flash heal is weak and I can see priests failing by just spamming it. Lots of great unique cool downs that adds a timing and critical thinking skill cap. Love the flavor diversity of each heal. Disc- oh man it's clunky. Hate having to reapply atonement every few seconds. The switching back and forth from dps to heals so often takes the fun away and oh-crap-healing is hard with such weak reactive heals. I could see it being fun in raids but I don't really want to do any more dungeon content with it. Shadow- maybe it's cause I don't have the full ability suite but it's not as challenging as advertised. The major cooldown is a brilliant idea that is more than just hitting a button every 3 minutes. The base rotation is similar to vanilla shadow! Fun in dungeons but I don't love getting beat up on mid cast when in the world questing. I don't alt often any more, but when I do, I'll stick with priest for a while. /end opinion. To the priests I likely offended by offering my unqualified opinions to your craft, am I close?Abscynth11 35m
1h How do you heal as disc? I keep thinking that I want to play disc because I love the idea of having to weave in and out of damage to heal my allies... but it never seems to be very smooth. I've attempted focus macros, but that just takes out any "switching" or targeting that I would like to balance between. Should I try mouse over macros?Tj6 1h
2h Petition for Old Shadowform Glyph Title. many people don't like the new Shadowform. I'm among them. I think it looks gaudy. Why is there a constantly-exploding purple fart cloud in my chest. Why is the effect clipping on some pieces of gear. Why did they remove the original Shadowform animation which is one of the most iconic things I can think of for the last 12 years about our class. I rolled Priest specifically for how dope it looked. Please implement a glyph to revert to the old Shadowform so that those who do enjoy it may continue to do so, and those who prefer the old style don't want to gouge their eyes out in sadness.Worship182 2h
3h Do I just suck? Trying to level as Disc and so far every Cata dungeon I've ever been in I've either left or been kicked from because I can't seem to put out enough healing to keep everyone alive. I usually find myself having to spam smend of the tank, which destroys my mana and he usually dies anyways... Am I doing something wrong or do Cata dungeons in general just suck for Disc?Priestseto3 3h
5h Without Tentacles Anyway to get my void form to not have tentacles coming out of my body?Wardaegis8 5h
5h I love the Legion SPriest design Since I see so many hate around here about the new Shadow Priest playstyle/look shadowform/voidform, I decided to create a thread to thank Blizzard for it, since I love it dearly. I simply L O V E the new shadowform. Old was simply... opaque, like it was a 2D pinkish hue on top of the character. It looked bad (to my eyes) even in vanilla. Plus the semi transparent stuff reminiscent of stealth from a rogue. Cheap thing. I love the builder/spender gameplay with a twist (trying to stay in voidform as long as possible). I love the new shadowform. It is all flashy and I love it. It shows to everyone around I'm a shadowpriest. I love too voidform and tentacles coming out of my char while it says those "old godish" lines. I love the lore and the tie to old gods shadowpriests have now. Best thing ever Blizz did in Legion. Now please give us a true AoE spell (baseline ofc). :-) OBS.: Just in case anyone thinks I'm a mindless fanboy (paid or whatever, hahah), I would like to add that I'm channeling my full hate into a spec I truly liked before and think Blizz destroyed in Legion: demonology warlocks. But that is for another post. ;)Xeogorathyus4 5h
7h Make Disc Priest Great Again I don't know about you all but I am not a fan of the disc playstyle in Legion. After leveling this toon up I ditched it in favor of a Resto Druid to push keys. Any of you play Disc back in MoP? Probably the funnest time I've ever had in this game. - Constant dps through smite which healed the nearest ally with the lowest health for 100% of the damage done (later nerfed to 90% if I remember correctly). - Evangalism - could stack up to qty 5 by smiting to then blow wings and increase your healing done for 18sec. Made you look cool and heal big. - Spirit Shell - We lost Hymn, but gained this ability which was huge utility on a short CD (1min) which allowed us to help the party/raid prep for big damage. Man I miss those days.Binochrist143 7h
8h Divine Hymn Is it such a big deal to remove the CD on Divine Hymn and make it a 3rd Holy Spec? It inst even a good High Pucker Factor spell right now. Lower its range or make it a cone cast but its wasted right now.Aureliarose22 8h
10h 2017 - Rate that Priest 'Mog #2 Last one capped out so thought Id start Pt 2. Last thread in link below. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752641255?page=26 @Nyxontha ( last poster over there ) 8/10. I feel the belt is slightly off ( prob looks better ingame ) but great shadow mog.Kibeeto384 10h
11h Power Word: Are we almost there? Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord! Power Word: Discord info: https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp Discuss: Argus here we come?Vixie387 11h
17h How is questing as a holy priest? Hi, I would like to level a holy priest when I finish leveling my current protection warrior, but I'm not one to grind dungeons as it gets boring to me after a while. I'd like to take a holy priest, queuing for dungeons for the storyline conclusions as well as learning how to do the healing role in case I choose to raid somewhere down the line. With the new leveling changes, I'm already feeling the length of combat getting boring on a protection warrior (I don't do any damage). So I'm worried if a holy priest will be any slower or around the same? Thanks.Hallowmont2 17h
18h Let's settle this: IS GLYPH OF SHADOW BROKEN? Glyph of shadow says: ... This is either confusingly worded or totally broken. Shadow form for me is 100% opaque, not transparent in the slightest. It used to be. I used to be able to see right through my character in shadowform. Now I can't. Adding the glyph changes nothing, removing it changes nothing, I am not MORE transparent when I have more insanity despite what some people have tried to tell me, I am always 100% opaque. This is not a new problem, it has been this way for months. Is this a problem with me or with shadowform or with the glyph? Do any priests have a shadowform that is at all transparent?Doushio13 18h
19h Spirit Redemption & X'ashi Rez cloak Bugged Spirit Redemption is completely broken. After I die I don't go into spirit form, I just die. I've tested this 4 times. And Because of this X'ashi doesn't work at all. Anyone have this problem? Edit: Fixed title. I was referring to Spirit redemption, not guardian spirit. The bug seems to have been from me transmogging the cloak to be invincible. Or the instance I was in could have been bugged.Alleryin5 19h
19h Disc questions... How are they doing in... Mythic +? Pvp Arenas? Rated BGs?Lostrossis3 19h
1d Pvp SP against melee Sup guys, thinking about rolling a sp for casual pvp (mostly bgs). Are you good against melees? I know that in balance i get absolutely reckt.Baeldix4 1d
1d Healer for pvp and pve I'd like to level up a char that I can use to heal in random battlegrounds and pve content. I like having some instant cast heals I can use when I need to move and a few oh sh!t buttons when things get bad in pve. I used to play holy paladin but they are very slow in bg's and I seemed to struggle in pve when there is a lot of aoe damage. What I'm looking for is a healer that can survive for a bit in bg's (through avoidance, mobility, or shields) and has a decent set of spells for aoe, single target healing, and oh sh!t save the raid/party spells. Looking at The spell summaries it seems priests are a bit lesz mobile than some healers but have a wide selection of tools for different situations. How do they fare in bg's. Can I escape or heal through some damage when needed? I realize none of them are going to be able to survive when focused by several enemies. Historically how has one spec of the three been playable in pvp during the last several expansions?Brauhan0 1d
1d Atonement I was a fan of bubble healing, but not bubble spam. I like the new direction that disc has taken but I have hated atonement in any iteration they have attempted it. If it lasted 45 seconds-min it might be ok but lasting less than 20 seconds... I hate it. It's just a nuisance to maintain. it's annoying and distracting when there is so much else to manage. I hope they do something about this in BFAWardaegis13 1d
1d Levitate Sparkles I know its a minor thing and some people may like it but I would REALLY love if a glyph came out to take the sparkles off levitate. I do not really know of a way to say this without sounding melodramatic but I used to always hang out levitated feeling like a boss as the lesser classes had to walk but since the update i haven't touched the spell. The sparkles just kill it ESPECIALLY in shadow form. I went from feeling like a boss to feeling like Tinkerbell. TL;DR please glyph levitate sparkles awayHeartburns5 1d
1d Why are shadow priests allowed in Stormwind? A man passes through the Trade District from the Valley of Heroes after entering the city of a long night out in Elwynn Forest. He can be seen passing by people levitating in the air about a foot off the ground, with a body slumped over head hung low, and his arms like boards at his side. He has a shadowy, dark aura around him that oozes off of him and drips to the ground in what looks like a puddle of thick black blood only for it to disappear seconds after it hits the ground. Shadow magic in the form of smoke or steam billows from his shoulders and arms and dissipates into the air above him. Occasionally forming a mist around him, snaps out a purplish black tentacle only to have it curl back up and disappear back from whence it came. His cloak tattered from dragging on the ground behind him, and his robes covered in blood stains. Hood draped over his head; face covered in shadows from the still rising morning sun, only revealing two small glowing purple eyes from beneath his cowl. The man hovering slowly through the streets muttering under his own breath, chanting dark ritual prayers, and the whisperings of an unknown language which he claims are not of his own. Without notice, or provocation the man will burst out in a high pitched cackle of a laugh; only for a moment; before returning to his stoic demeanor, and nonsensical murmurs. Passing by a fruit stand Gary, the local vendor calls out to the man, "Good morning Frank, did you have a good night last night?" The man replies slowly with a low whispering voice with a deep crackling undertone "Morning Gary. Yes, thank you." Gary, the Fruit vendor asks "Did you perform any of your crazy dark rituals to your shadow gods last night Frank? The man simply replies. "Yes" Gary sais "Well you must have had some fun then. See you tomorrow Frank." Without as much as a physical gesture, or even a turn of his head to aknoledge the local vendor, the man replies with his eerie hushed voice "Good day Gary" as he hovers off into the distance to recover from a long night of unspeakable horrors committed in the name of not only the ones he calls "the dark lords beyond" but his own growing madness. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An hour later another man walks the same streets. Standing up-right, his robes not unlike those of a mage, or possibly a druid, clean, shining with the light of the morning sun. The man passes by the same fruit vendor and remarks "Good morning Gary, it's good to see you out this early." Gary scoffs at the man and tosses an apple at him, only for the man to barely dodge the apple. Paying no mind to the encounter, he happily makes his way through the city. As he passes by the local shops and vendors, women and children flee into their homes, and the men grab onto anything they can on the chance this man strikes up any trouble. Skinning knives, meat cleavers, and even rolling pins are all near by, and the men anxious of the sight of this man as he passes by. A woman runs up to the man and spits in his face, and tells him to go back to the dark hole where he belongs. The man holds his head up high and keeps moving. All of the Stormwind guards he passes keep a keen eye on him. Not letting their gaze falter for even a second should something happen. They keep one hand firmly gripped to the handle of their sword. Untrusting of this man. This unassuming man. This man who dresses in proper attire, holds his head up high, and speaks with intelligence. This man who's only fault, is that he carries an imp on his shoulder. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So.. Why are shadow priests, who are seemingly much worse when it comes to practicing dark arts permitted, and even praised within the Alliance, and Stormwind specifically? Warlocks are gawked at, and forced to practice their rituals in the basement of dingy taverns, while priests are able to practice theirs in open daylight if they wish. From what we know. Warlocks are simply Mages who chose to pursue Fel Magic instead of Arcane. They retained some of their Arcane knowledge in the form of their destruction spells. They bind demons to their will, and said demons are forced to do the bidding of the Warlock, and are under complete adjuration of the Warlock. Unlike Hunter pets who simply have an understanding and respect of he Hunter, but are of their own free will. Hunters can bring bears and lions into the city unchained, and allowed to roam free, but a Warlock is abhorred for having an imp at his side. Shadow Priests on the other hand are losing their sanity day by day. They harness even darker powers. Powers that made even Sargeras turn mad. A power from beyond the universe itself. But nobody seems to pay them any mind. It even manifests into their physical form in the form of their shadowy appearance. (Shadow/void form) So.. Why are Shadow priests allowed in Stormwind, but Warlocks are not?Stons10 1d
1d How do I get the old transparent Shadowform? I didn't glyph and WANT the old look of Shadowform. I read that the glyph makes it less transparent but I seem to have the opaque version and DO NOT want it.Treetopflyer8 1d
1d Has the Level-15 talent Enlightenment... ...ever been confirmed to work while in combat? Sorry if you find this to be a dumb question -- I realize there is no indication in the tooltip that it wouldn't ... however I've been searching online and have not been able to find a definite answer to this. I've always assumed that it does. (However, a long time ago in a WoWlaxy far far away, Spirit, manaper5sec were things that had their own combat ramifications under old systems, so... yes I'm old) Thanks in advance.Neutrinox2 1d
1d new shadowpriest mount https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220773109 If only this was intentional, or even do it with levitateWardaegis0 1d
2d Holy Priests are boring.. snore.Hengesy24 2d
2d PoM Sound Bugged Prayer of Mending is super quiet now. Can you please fix it as my immersion is being ruined.Joojeelay5 2d
2d Shadow priest noob Looking forward to making a sp to try the new leveling for myself and see wether or not I’m a personal fan. Was wondering if the players who have sp’s could give some tips for the class and what spells are considered part of the main rotation. Ty in advance!Shalnuh8 2d
2d STEALTH CHANGED - VOID FORM blizzard changed voidform glyphed to look exactly like the "new voidform" sub the blue/purple void crackle , whyNyårlåthôtêp5 2d
2d Shadow Form & Transmog I am forming this post, and hope to get support, to petition Blizzard to give us a new glyph that removes the shadow form purple from our character models or improve the current shadow form glyph to make us appear even closer to our base models. I love trasmogs, but unfortunately, shadow priest have very limited options to pull off a good outfit. As I said, this a petition for a glyph, not a permanent change. Please add your input or support. Thank you!Malbathor2 2d
2d Holy loot spec question Okay so blizz understands that Holy relics ARE on our loot table right? RIGHT? I lucked out and got 930/930/940 (H/H/L) near the beginning of Tomb, but every time I raid with Holy as my loot spec, and everytime i'm lucky enough to GET a drop (a problem which deserves its own post), only life relics drop. Every single relic i've gotten from Antorus normal has been either 1. a side grade, 2. a completely terrible effect, or 3. A Life relic, which because of my luck in Tomb is always lower ilvl. And now that I think about it, i'm having the same issue with Shadow spec and Blood relics. Am I truly a victim of RNGeebus or is there something wonky in the blizz maths here?Renisha3 2d
2d Name of undead shoulder armor. I have seen several Undead Priests and Mages wearing a shoulder armor that looks like Forsaken contagion tanks. Anyone know what the name of them or where to get them? Thanks in advance.Zushen2 2d
3d Tell me about Shadow In BFA I’m thinking of swapping to a VE Priest if they take Ret in the wrong direction once again. Gonna probably do shadow/holy and I’m just curious how the playstyle is? What makes it different from a warlock/mage/boomkin at max level content and raiding? I’ve played holy a little and that’s fun as is, but never really have sat down and tried shadow. Thanks in advance!Lightswourn9 3d
3d Shadow Queing as Healer in lfr Shadow queing as healer in lfr. I've been running into a few of these players. How does the rest of the priest community feel about this? For me I say if you que healer for the shorter amount of time then you better be pulling your weight in role you qued as. If you want to dps then que as a dps not as a healer. Before anyone says you can que as both.... I know but the raid finder informs you of the role you are put in the group as. besides on one occasion the priest in question was confronted about it... and he basically admitted he was dps and qued as healer for the shorter time... he was 2nd on dps but way under even the tanks self healing on healing... sure it's lfr... but I have been put in a raid of 25 with only 3 healers.... now imagine one of them not really healing... now imagine if you run into two of them doing this in the same raid.... it's hurts other players for their actions.Tinyheals31 3d
3d Solace or Mindbender I'm having a tough time deciding between Solace or Mindbender (Don't want SD because how boring it is) Can you help me decide which one is better?Sagarlor6 3d
3d Glyph of dark wings request It would be cool if bliz add dark wings as glyph like we had in previous expansions. It would replace the tentacles from void form and it would give you dark wings instead. What do you think?Oswill2 3d
3d Healing Mythic+15 this week?? One word: Nope! That is all.Mihangel7 3d
3d Tier 21 Stats (again...) I feel like this topic has been discussed ad nauseam lately, so forgive another post. Currently I'm running a dedicated Tier 21 build (never had 4 set 20) with binding heal and am trying to figure out the stat weights. I was running heavy mastery for awhile, then tried to start stacking Versatility to increase raw heal amount, but am now considering going back to a mastery/crit build for Echo of Light. What is working for other t21 priests right now? And is anyone with t21 not taking binding heal atm? I've been using BH since the tier but am curious for other builds not centered around keeping t20.Nepherites3 3d
3d Shadow Lore What Alliance race would make the most sense as far as Shadow, according to Lore?Razalia3 3d
3d Holy Feedback And Advice Hey Folks, Looking to do some optimization after a fresh heroic clear last night so I was up against some of the team who significantly healed more efficiently than I did so I'm looking for any advice you might have to share. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YrWgQDycMpd6LT7H/#boss=-2&difficulty=0 Keep in mind a few of my items came from last nights raid as well. Appreciate any help!Envix7 3d
4d Shadow Priest help I did progression on mythic Portal Keeper last night with my guild and kept running into the same problem. I am having trouble keeping in voidform when I'm not on a platform and beyond that the adds die rather quickly, preventing me ramping up on them to do any real dps. How do other shadow priests deal with this fight? Its currently a nightmare for me to deal with and my numbers really take a hit.Àkiza1 4d
4d Warlock T20 helm not procing wings I can only get them to proc when i jump, but in the past i was able to also get wing procs from shadowy apparitions. I figured they just took it out of the game, but i've seen others getting procs from their shadowy apparitions, very recently to. does anyone know a workaround to fix this? i'm using the heroic lookalike to be specific.Giliver2 4d
4d 7.3.5 Disc Dungeon Leveling Has anyone else experienced difficulty healing dungeons tonight? I'm not sure if the tanks need to tone down the pulls now, or what. The wipes are real though.Cuyler7 4d
4d I could use a little help with shadow. I could use a little help with shadow. Here are some questions: I am raid at about 15.5K haste, but I have never been able to get mindbender out every min. Is the last 500 haste that important? Should I be shooting for 17K haste? Am I messing up my rotation? When should I cast Mind Flay? Most the time I cast: -MB, MF (until VB comes off CD usually I get 1 tick of MF), VB ASAP (repeat). Should it be more like MB, MB, VB, MF, VB, MF (repeat)? Is there a certain number of void stacks where I should stop casting MF? What about mindbender? Should I cast that at a certain stack of voidform? Should I just wait until it feels right to cast it? For example: never below 20 stacks, but as soon as my insanity starts dropping? Any tips or links to great websites for videos would be helpful.Ruloon2 4d
4d They nerfed smite : ( idc if no one else cares /sadfaceAerr5 4d
5d I love Disc! Good morning fam, I just wanted to say.. I am thoroughly enjoying Disc! I mained disc in WoD, took a break and then starting playing again quarter way through Legion, and felt it to be a little clunky. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of research on the class and learning quite quickly how different of a healing class it is.. And I am loving it! To be able to do DPS and Heal your team is absolutely awesome! To also watch an enemy DPS try to solo you while doing absolutely nothing to your health, meanwhile slowly watching them fade into the depths of despair is something else! Love Love Love it! There are a couple of minor tweaks I think I would like to see in BFA, but as a whole, its great! What are your thoughts?Anduz4 5d
5d Desired Disc Changes Get rid of the cd of Power Word Shield. Get rid of Rapture. Make Evengelism a passive. No mana cost Smite. Remove recharge of Power Word: Radiance or give Disc Priests Prayer of Healing. Thanks.Xelphor21 5d
5d Few questions, legendary, dps, etc... I just came back to the game after a long hiatus, and went shadow. At 902 ilvl, my dps seems to be sub par. What average dps does everyone do around that ilvl? I also have 2 legendaries, I got Anund's Seared Shackles and Heart of the Void, i'm trying to figure out which one would yield better DPS results?Kiraism2 5d
5d (Shadow) How to deal with... .....large packs of insignificant mobs in solo PvE? Do we seriously have ZERO direct AoE spells? We seem to be the one-and-only class that is missing any form of direct AoE damage. I keep hearing that Shadow is awesome AoE, that you do ridiculous damage with AoE, etc. Yeah, sure... but not solo, apparently. I've been trying to play my Shadow Priest, and the one thing I absolutely loathe are large packs of insignificant mobs. The ones that don't even have full nameplates that always come in large groups. So far, the only way I can see that we get AoE, is by Void Disruption.. however.. VD only works on mobs that are currently affected by your SW:P. So... if I have, say, 6 mobs coming after me... I need to SW:P all 6 of them and THEN use Void Disruption.. that's assuming I have the 65 insanity required to do that? There has seriously got to be a better way to deal with these mobs. It seems so... clunky and kludgy. Whatever happened to that AoE Mind Sear spell where you targeted 1 mob and you dealt damage to everything near it? Why did they remove this? That at least worked, even if it itself felt kludgy. Otherwise, best I can tell I can do is mind sear each mob one-by-one and that takes forever, and I end up taking a rather sizable amount of damage before I finally kill all of them one-by-one.Hirai13 5d
5d Holy Priest Mage Tower! Help!! I hit 110 last week on my priest and I'm still learning but I did manage to gear up a bit and Im sure Im ready for the mage tower now. With that said I keep failing on the phase where my party fights each other. I can not for the life of me pump out enough flash heals on the spirits to heal more than one per wave. I assumed being Ilvl 947 would be able to power through healing the spirits but its just not enough. I don't really understand what more I can do.Writhes6 5d
5d How do you keep atonement on everyone? What's the trick to keeping atonement on everyone all the time while still keeping up a steady stream of healing? Do you use Plea on everyone every 10-12 seconds, or do you only keep it on the tank and just use Shadow Mend on everyone else? What's the best way to maximize Disc healing and make sure I don't have to panic if the mage won't move out of the fire in less than 5 seconds? Ps. Talking about 5 man's and Argus invasions. Pvp too.. I haven't done any as Disc yet because I'm kind of a wiener and am afraid of failure. Edit: I also have a few questions about talents, and which to take and why? L15 - Castigation, or Schism? I'm currently using Castigation because it simply feels like a decent amount more healing. I get 1 extra burst of damage/healing from Pennance, but Schism would output more healing more often, but I would need to make sure I always have atonement on the target. (see issue number 1) L75 - Sanctuary, or Clarity of Will. One is a straight damage absorption, and one is a brand new shield which has no CD and shields for more than PWS, but has a small cast time. Which one scales better, and does Sanctuary really offer that big of a damage reduction to warrant taking over CoW? And finally L90 Purge the Wicked or Divine Star. One is a straight damage boost which means more healing, and one is a new ability which means more healing. Divine Star is a static 15 second CD, but it heals allies, and then damage enemies which also heals allies, and then comes back and does it all again. Do I go the safe route and take Purge the Wicked, or do I go with a more risky route (because people move) and take possibly more healing?Stons23 5d