Priest

Sep 8 New Voidform Model Any chance we can get the model for Voidform changed? The current one is stupid looking and kinda sucks. Maybe into the model of Decimatus. That would be pretty sweet. Since we float around now the animations wouldn't be an issue. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=81989/decimatusZsigmond10 Sep 8
Sep 8 Sisters of the Moon and Xal'atath post fight. Any1 notice the pop up button after you beat the Sisters of the Moon? it casts your weapon and you take a ton of damage...are you suppose to have your healers heal you through that?Rivernia7 Sep 8
Sep 8 Levitate + Jump D/C bug I have noticed in the past couple days, if I am levitating on my spriest, then i jump while levitating down some stairs, or off a pier, but jumping while levitating from a higher level to a lower one, more often than not I will disconnect from the server upon landing. It has happened at least 7-8 times in the past couple days, and the pattern is very recognizable. The error i get is WOW51900319.Invisibles7 Sep 8
Sep 8 Should Shadow get the Moonkin fix? (Posted in "Class Dev", but ghost town there) I played Priest for many years. Switched to Boomie for WoD and Legion. Heroic raider. The new shadow animations finally called me home to Priest again. Early on in Legion, Boomie was awful for decent on-demand AoE, especially in small group content. Bliz fixed this for boomies through adjusting talents without breaking ST. It's not perfect. It's feast or famine. But Boomies can at least have an option now with a choice between a competitive AoE spec, or strong ST. Now that Blizz has proven this is possible, why not give shadow the same treatment? I know Shadow is more effective in higher keys, and the same can be said with Boomies, but druid AoE isn't as completely laughable at low levels, as shadow is-especially since talent choice with shadow is so abysmal overall. It's ripe for a similar adjustment. Curious what the longer-term shadow folks this expansion think since I admittedly just started getting my feet....shadowy..again. TLDR: Boomie AoE woes in small group content fixed with talent adjustments to provide real options. Same approach for Shadow due?Kralyn14 Sep 8
Sep 8 Glyph of Lightspawn Doesn't work with Mindbender. /sighUlyia1 Sep 8
Sep 7 Holy Priest - BiS Legendary Question What are my 2 best legendary items? Maybe give me a top 5 list. I assume Velen's is one - which I have. Is the 2nd the cloak? I have the cloak, but my neck was only 875 so I swapped to Prydaz and plan to try not to die much.Avabelle28 Sep 7
Sep 7 Disc priest Look... this is just unfair. Why on Earth do holy and shadow get a cool kneeling animation when they summon their class mounts, but disc just uses the standard casting animation?!?!? Please Blizz, these are the real issues with the game!Venjren13 Sep 7
Sep 7 Question about Mind Flay Greetings fellow priests! I have a question =) I was wondering if, during Void Form, it is worth canceling Mind Flay to use Void Bolt and Mind Blast. I do it out of habit (I also do it when not in Void Form whenever Mind Blast is off CD...) and I'm just wondering if that's correct.Ellwindris3 Sep 7
Sep 7 Tracking atonement issues hey all. I have been doing some reading and most people in the community track atonement using the default blizzard UI frames. I recently decided to stop using elvui and have a more 'simplistic' UI without 230478923 things on my screen, so now that I'm using the default UI, I'm having issues tracking atonement. The standard at least for my game, is by just putting a small green line next to the raid/party members frame indicating atonement is active on them. With other icons showing my bubble etc it's really hard to see it. Do any of you have a simplistic Weakauras or other addon to help you track atonement on group members? I saw an addon for it but it was a highly detailed bar that I'm not interested in. Maybe just like a blue square on a corner of their raid frame or something like that. I'm not very good with making my own Weakauras so if someone could post a import string I could use that would be great. Thanks! -From a bored warlock trying a new class to spice things up.Litharus5 Sep 7
Sep 7 Shadow Priest- When to use Void Eruption? So while running dungeons and stuff, I’ve noticed it doesn’t take me long at all to get to 100 insanity, but right now I typically wait till I get to a boss or longer trash fight to use Void Eruption, since it has so much potential to go for a longer period of time, and because I don’t want to waste it on a short fight. I’m trying to find a mid way point of when to use it and when not to use it. I know that as I get to higher level dungeons the adds usually take longer anyways. Obviously, if I use it more my DPS will probably go up. I still want to only use it effectively, however. So, when do you guys typically use void eruption? I hate wasting damage cooldowns, so I’d like to use it at least semi frequently and get more use out of it.Arrandevyn6 Sep 7
Sep 7 Penance effect - Pillow fluff Old Penance : VLOOOM VLOOOM VLOOOOM! New penance : pft.... pft... pft I want it back!Peganistica20 Sep 7
Sep 7 How is the new 935 alchemy trinket for holy? I made one last night and it seems quite strong. 10.5k not is almost a 20% int and it procs all the time +40% mana potions is nice. It's especially good when combined with the legendary cloak as you get to benefit from it twice. My priest was low on vers (2%) so a little extra vers is welcome. Thoughts?Daywatcher5 Sep 7
Sep 6 Am I missing something? Fellow Priests: I have a question about healing style. My friend is in a mythic guild that has a priest whose main heals are echo, renew, serenity (in order of most healing done). Is spamming renew the new way to heal this patch? If so, I need to get with the program on my own priest-but I thought renew was inefficient and not really worth it. Thanks.Opiana7 Sep 6
Sep 6 Levitate Disconnect Issues Seems i am getting disconnected after casting levitate quite a bit. Thought it was limited to bg's, but it did it in the class hall just now as well.Bocodlock4 Sep 6
Sep 6 Non voidform damage feels so low? Is this normal? Normal every day questing on argus I notice If I pull one mob, mind blast -> dots -> flay -> mindblast im still forced to pop voidform or the mobs die so slow. Is it my gear causing this? why do I feel so !@#$ty outside of voidform? Lack of legendaries?Dithus8 Sep 6
Sep 6 Annals of Light and Shadow bug FIX Hello my priests and priestesses, After getting over the required 12 Annals (by a lot), sending in 3 tickets, making 2 phone calls, and countless hours put into eating my emotions away with McDonalds while every other class around me gets their Hidden Artifact Appearances, a GM finally told me what the bug is that was preventing me from getting the dialogue with Archivist Inkforge. Basically, Annals are on a weekly reset, meaning a single Annal is a weekly quest that resets when raids/weekly quests/seals, etc. all reset. If you got AK knowledge 4 and started your Annal hunt the day of reset like I did, but didn't get all 12 before the reset occurred, then there's a good chance the bug hit you over the head. The bug is simple: When the weekly reset occurs, one or more of your Annals will bug out and you'll have to go get it again. For me, I had to speak to Archivist Inkforge again to make Annals lootable, and I had to go back to loot the SCARLET HALLS book a second time. To figure out which Annals of Light and Shadow you're missing, use this script: /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QUESTID)) You can find the quest ID's for the Annals here: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44339/book-looted-01 Run the script for each Annal, and see which one is missing for you. Even if you know you have looted it, there's a very good chance one or more bugged out during the weekly reset and are no longer valid, thus needing to be looted again. GM ticket copy pasta for validootery: "Hello Kyle, I am Game Master Eilyndae. I hope you’re doing well. :) I've read over your ticket and I can understand your frustration on this issue. These hidden appearances are a bit of big deal. There is actually not much I can tell you about these. We are all kind of in the same boat when it comes to them. The dev team likes their mysteries and they guard them closely. There are many guesses right now on how to get these items but just like the recently unlocked World Boss the devs are not going to tell us how to get these. http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/7/12837266/world-of-warcraft-legion-kosumoth-boss-spawn-secret-puzzle The idea behind them is for the community to work together and puzzle out how to get them. But I can confirm that you are missing one of the books that is needed to trigger that dialogue option from Inkforge. The books are a on a weekly reset, this was done so that if someone accidentally destroyed them, they would not be forever unable to complete the progress. However it also means that it is completely possible to get more than the required 12 books but you do need to have completed all of the book pick up quests to be able to trigger Inkforge's dialogue option. Now for the even more frustrating part, I know you are missing the quest to pick up one of the books but I don't know which location that book is in... You can even check your progression on these books by using the command below in game. (I use this all the time to check if I have completed a quest or not. While there are many ways to look up quest IDs, I prefer WoWhead for this since the quest ID is always the number after quest= in their URLS) /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QUESTID)) So for say the first book you get that is quest ID 44342 the script would look like- /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44342)) I also found this link that might help you narrrow down which book is missing as it has the links for each of the books http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44339/book-looted-01 The bug the first Game Master was likely talking about was that Inkforge could, for some unknown reason, offer that first book to priests under level 110, that issue seems to have already been resolved and doesn't appear to be affecting your character. I hope this info helps to clear up your situation, and I appreciate your patience while I looked into it for you. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you require any further assistance. Have a nice day!" ------------------------------------------------------------ I don't know why he called me Kyle though. My name is nowhere near "Kyle".. Silly GM's. I don't even know a Kyle. Who names their kid Kyle these days? Parents as silly as some GM's I bet. If you have any questions hit me up; I know this is a little confusing. Summary: Weekly reset buggedand gets rid of some tomes' validity. Run script to see which ones you need to loot/re-loot. Have an awesome day.Glimmer28 Sep 6
Sep 5 Random disc thought So I have more or less tried to main priest since tbc in one way or another and I know saying this is super random and likely super unpopular... but I'm sitting here on the pot after waking up from a wicked dream to nature's call. I think disc would make a better tank than healer. The idea of reducing incoming damage or healing through damage dealt if tweaked a tad bit could really fit a tank. PW shield could apply % damage reduction that tapers off from a large number to a smaller number as our active mitigation. Give it a couple stacks and make timing it essential. Atonement is placed on the priest and provides either shielding or self healing (or both even). Atonement could be placed on the other tank as well even as an external CD. Barrier could stay the same all together for raid utility. And they simply have a passive through their discipline to have increased damage resistance or armor. Target with the dot on them could radiate damage taken by penance as the aoe grab and a psychic scream/mind control could be turned into aoe/single target taunts. I know most people haven't made it this far through the post, I just am pained by the happenings of the holy vs disc discussions year after year. 1 day your a noob for playing disc and the next your a noob for not playing disc. It would also save the healing meta from the danger that is a spec with a ton of absorbs (they mostly dealt with that this expansion but with the hate toward disc this go around I feel the storm of change growing again.) Plus a clothy tank I can put in a sweet sweet mechanic mog and ride around as a fat panda engineer tank!Ultraplush12 Sep 5
Sep 5 WHY DO WE FLOAT SO MUCH NOW?? Like half the spells have us sparkling and floating up what is this twilight? I'm no vampire.......Bershalar25 Sep 5
Sep 5 Problem with disc dps macros not working. Disc dps macros would randomly stop working in dungeon. Any idea why? I mean, they would work one second and not another. Then at some point work again.Randalflag11 Sep 5
Sep 5 Pvp healing I just curious how holy priest can do 150 mil healing in a 10-15 man bg. I'm disc and I do very little compared since I'm all about preventing damage. I tired holy but I got owned all the time since I could never survive an attack.Whiteflamez3 Sep 5
Sep 5 Priest class mount I think this thing looks awesome and am tempted to level up a priest just to get it, but it's come to my attention that's an unpopular opinion. Do a majority of priests really find this thing to be stupid looking?Plagueborne68 Sep 5
Sep 5 Buying boost Are you allowed to use battlenet cards you buy in a store(Gamestop) to use on a character boost. Can you use only 30 dollars of credit and pay the rest with a credit card?Whiteflamez0 Sep 5
Sep 5 Starting Holy Late I have found I like the healing style of Holy better than Discipline. But I have a lot of AP invested in my Disc weapon. This late in the game is it even worth it for me to start on my holy weapon? Should I just stick to Disc at this point?Stori3 Sep 5
Sep 5 Quest lvling 98-110 Best spec to make it as quick as possible? Not particularly inspired by Shadow at this point, is it still the better option?Sylrael2 Sep 5
Sep 5 What its the point of Gliph of Lightspawn When Mindbender overwrites it because it doesnt work for Mindbender at all? I mean, Balance's Gliph of Stars doesnt disappear when you use Incarnation and it actually adds extra particle effects, so Mindbender should either give another cooler model, or at least dont overwrite it at all.Rianlor3 Sep 5
Sep 5 Mastery: Absolution. Wouldnt it be better if the mastery portion of atonement gave a shield instead of a heal? It would help towards what i think is the problems of our class design. 1.- Would help us with burst damage (since we would effectively raise the health of our party through atonement), this is specially concerning with things like grievous which are hell for Disc priests. 2.- Would allow us to be more competitive in raid enviroments (where you cant control the whack-a-mole, which leads to us being masters of overhealing ATM). 3.- Would keep us with mana management and doing consistent damage. Right now if nobody is taking damage it makes no sense to keep spending your mana attacking, while other healing classes are doing almost as much damage as us by using their off-spells during these phases (1% extra damage through traits have really added up). We no longer have a big advantage of bringing damage to the party while still face the same limitations. 4.- It would make atonement in general our primary heal, which in turn would make mastery an overall more useful attribute and it would make grace less of a must have when being a solo healer.Rodruun12 Sep 5
Sep 5 Recruiters bugged in class hall? anyone else experiencing an issue where you can't interact with the priest class hall recruiters for both the zealots and acolytes?Noobender12 Sep 5
Sep 5 Leveling a Priest I just made a human Priest (holy) and trying to find out the fastest way to level him. Any help?Serce2 Sep 5
Sep 5 Comparing relinquished Trinkets I got a 930 Echo of L'ura today. http://www.wowhead.com/item=151340/echo-of-lura&bonus=1826:1497 Cant find a way to compare this to current content trinkets. Opinions on how this compares to a 910 decivers grand design. http://www.wowhead.com/item=147007/the-deceivers-grand-design&bonus=3561:1492 Thanks in advance.Chømsky0 Sep 5
Sep 4 Spriest M+ viability? As bad as people say? I see lots of them high in the ladders but people say they are awful so it's hard to know what to think. Should I jump ship on the class if I enjoy M+?Defury5 Sep 4
Sep 4 Consolidating Healing Specs I was wondering how the priest community would react if Discipline and Holy were combined into one healing specialization. Talents could determine whether or not you prefer a more holy-style or discipline-style with things like PW:Barrier/Divine Hymn being choices, Atonement/Holy Words, etc. It has seemed to me that Priest would be a far better and more flexible healer if their skills were consolidated into one spec, instead of being split into two. This would also open up the 3rd specialization to being something else, like a new DPS spec. Would you approve of this kind of change, or do you think it should stay as it is?Kyrgrim20 Sep 4
Sep 4 Sell me on Shadow Priest. If you have the free time can you sell me on the class, I love the new animations and I love old god !@#$ but I can't get past the "Priest" stigma of being heal bot support class. Since Ive been playing since release I've seen priests be nothing but healbots before and the stigma has kind of stuck. Coming from a pure like warlock for the animations and the better version of affliction can you sell me on the priest? Make it seem badass?Pasnoir13 Sep 4
Sep 4 Shadow state in pvp and pve Sooo after those amazing animations ive been thinking bout unshelving my spriest is it worth? how is ti faring in pve and pvp?Faredor7 Sep 4
Sep 4 Glyph of Lightspawn doesn't work? Hey guys, I'm trying to apply the new Glyph of Lightspawn but it just tells me that the glyph "cannot be inscribed there" when I try to attach it to my Mindbender. Is this a bug or am I missing something?Annaveil10 Sep 4
Sep 4 Discipline PVP BG guide 7.2.5 ---Introduction--- Hello friends! I am Larisa. I've been playing priest since around 2007, and been PVPing since I hit level 10. If you're new to Discipline PVP in Legion and feeling overwhelmed, or just want to pick up some neat tricks that'll make queueing randoms smoother- I'm here to help! Having hit prestige 13 a while back, I feel I've done enough BGs in Legion- With many many different playstyles- To help out a few different types of players. I'm going to be listing below the different talents and their strengths/weaknesses, and explaining where to run with what. I'll occasionally touch on Arenas as well, but keep in mind this focuses on introductory PVP and random BGs. 1 - Talents 2 - Artifact Traits 3 - Rotation 4 - General Information & Useful Tips 5 - Overloaded With Light 6 - Macros ---Talents--- PVE 15: ... Twist of Fate is generally better than the other two in BGs. In 15 mans or BFG teamfights will generally allow you to have 100% uptime on the passive. In Capture the Flag maps, sometimes I take Castigation in order to cast a stronger penance on the flag carrier. With the recent talent changes I haven’t found myself using Schism much at all. 30: ... Personal preference for the most part, but if I’m solo-healing a BG I take Masochism. You become much tankier- Which is helpful, since you’ll have a face full of melee the whole match. Otherwise, I use Angelic Feather. 45: ... Psychic Voice is almost always more useful than Shining Force. The knockback has very little effect as most melee have plentiful ways to get right back on you- Lumbermill in AB or middle in EOTS are two areas where I would consider taking it however. Dominant Mind is useless in PVP and you should never forget to switch off of it before you queue a BG. 60: ... Solace beats out Mindbender, but only if you can remember to keep it on cooldown. If you’re uncomfortable with adding the extra button to your rotation (Especially because for a new disc, healing is very different than any other healer), I’d suggest Mindbender. If you’re going for maximum output however, Solace is the way to go. Mind Bender can be CC'd, and in arenas/RBGs often you will find this the case. This is one of the main reasons high-ranked priests take Solace. 75: ... Sanctuary is more useful for BGs, as it is a passive addition to healing (or rather absorption) via your damage. If I’m solo healing though I will run with Clarity of Will for the extra targeted heal should I get locked out. Clarity will also see plentiful use in CTF maps to add a buffer to your flag carrier between assaults. Shadow Covenant should never be taken. It'll inflate your healing on the charts, but put your team at a disadvantage than if you were to play properly (plus playing properly will do more healing on the charts anyway). 90: ... Halo is generally what I take for teamfights. Not only does halo heal your allies but will heal those affected by atonement for even more whenever it hits enemies. Purge the Wicked recently received a slight buff with the patch, and its damage (and therefore healing) will pull ahead in BGs that aren’t based around constant teamfights or matches where people are going to be very spread out 100: ... I most always run with Grace, as Power Infusion is dispellable. Dispels might not be as common in random BGs as they are in RBGs or Arenas, but Power Infusion is very visible. Whenever I see an enemy priest in the BG I always watch out to see if they pop PI, and dispel it within a few globals. Evangelism is not necessary in PVP thanks to Premonition. PVP R1: ... Up to personal preference or racial choice. For instance as a human, against teams with plenty of stuns I run Relentless to minimize the amount of time I’m spent out of the fight, and use my racial to break out of one whenever someone absolutely needs me. As undead, I almost always run Medallion. Rarely do I run Adaption in random BGs as, honestly, it is too often broken by rogues sapping you before the fight even starts. R2: ... Most healers I meet run with Vim & Vigor for the 20% boost. The downside to this though is that it requires you to be above 80% HP to gain the effect, no easy task as a priest in a random BG. I exclusively run with Defender of the Weak in BGs, as it increases my cast speed- Something that affects both damage and healing. It also increases the rate at which your Shadow Word: Pain ticks, further increasing your healing via atonement, and reduces the cooldown on Power Word: Shield (and Solace, if talented. This means you get mana back faster, as well!) R3: ... In BGs I run with Purification. Purified resolve will see use in Arenas, but in BGs dispels will constantly be necessary. Spiritual cleansing isn’t worth much in a random BG, especially with the amount of DoTs around now. You’ll hardly ever be able to get someone out of a stun/silence in time. R4: ... Premonition is without a doubt the best talent on this tier for BGs. Not only does it heal everyone within 20 yards of you, but it also adds 5 seconds to the duration of all active atonements- Extremely useful. Searing Light isn’t terrible in Bgs if you want to focus more on damage and less on healing (useful for when Blizz decides to put 4 healers in a WSG, for instance). Trinity should never be taken in BGs. R5: ... Ultimate Radiance is still very useful here. It’ll heal 5 people for about 500k, which is nothing to scoff at. If you find yourself against a melee heavy team (Something that is way too often in Legion) Strength of Soul is extremely helpful for keeping someone from dropping dead in a few globals. Dome of Light could be extremely useful in a rated BG or in a premade random, but it’s use is diminished in a random BG as, more often than not, no one will stand in it. R6: ... Fortitude isn’t very useful in battlegrounds, as it can- and will- be dispelled should you put it on anyone who could really make use of it. Dark Archangel likewise, isn’t terribly useful in randoms. A 15% damage boost for your team is nice, but lasts 7 seconds and pales in comparison to the atonement refresh and 30% healing that Archangel offers. ---Artifact Traits--- Getting to trait 34 should be really easy for most of us since we have AK 40 on our accounts now, but for anyone new to Legion it’s good to have all of this information! ... Barrier is the last thing I take since it doesn’t have much use in a random BG. For RBGs or Arenas it might pull ahead since you’d have a coordinated group, but at this stage of the game you shouldn’t really be going into rated PVP without a full set of traits anyway. After you’ve done the Broken Shore to unlock your extra set of traits, try to follow with this: ... ---Rotation/Priority--- I always try to say that healers don’t really have a rotation. That being said, here’s a gist of what to do: -Smite plenty and often, if your team isn’t in need of the stronger healing from Shadow Mend. The atonement from Smite can often be more than enough. -Try to keep PWS and Penance (And Solace/Mindbender) on Cooldown. PWS should always go on the target that needs it most. Penance should generally be used on an enemy, so as to heal all allies affected by atonement (Which should at minimum be 5, but normally higher). Don’t be afraid to use it on an ally if there isn’t much AoE damage going out. -If you’ve taken Halo, try to make sure you have plenty of people within it’s radius, and make sure you have a lot of atonements out to maximize the healing from it. -Make use of Mass Dispel. I see plenty of priests with excellent healing/damage output regardless of spec, but with 0 or little in the way of dispels. Casting MD during a teamfight can very easily turn the tides of battle. Likewise, try not to go overboard on DoTing the enemy team. SWP is expensive, and a single Mass Dispel can mean you’ve wasted plenty of globals for nothing. A few out on far-spread targets is best. ... -Plea isn’t very useful in BGs. If you absolutely need a way to get atonement on someone *now*, feel free to make use of it. With the changes to mana cost, it is almost always better to use Shadow Mend. -Don't forget about Premonition. Adding 5 seconds to all active Atonements is pretty important, as the cooldown on PW:Radiance limits our ability to spread Atonement quickly.... -Don’t forget that Fade is a defensive cooldown now. 13% reduced damage can be the difference between winning a teamfight and greeting the spirit healer.Lárisa23 Sep 4
Sep 4 Quick question on gear How much is it worth giving up a good gear piece for 4-piece tier bonus ? Right now my 4th tier piece has to take the place of a 30 levels higher piece, which will cause me to have -457 intellect, not to mentioned other stats like armor, stamina, etc. Should I still equip if for the bonus or wait for a better tier piece to drop ? Edit: Discipline PriestAvedostra2 Sep 4
Sep 4 New Discipline Priest Particles Is it just me or do the new particles look really tacky? Like children's sticky stars falling from my hands etc. The new penance particularly feels like its lost its 'umpf'. I love the casting animations, minus the few glitches, but the particles just seem so out of place.Vysandra1 Sep 4
Sep 3 Old penance sound was far superior. Instead of a cool healing enforcement magic spell for penance i have a sound now that sounds like a dev had someone swipe a whiffle bat close to his head and he thought it would make a great replacement. Idk what these devs are thinking but removing a sweet iconic spell sound and replacing it with a sub par dumb sound is very fail.Blunta1 Sep 3
Sep 3 Stop messing with disc I have been playing a disc priest since wrath and i am sick of blizz trying to MAKE us heal with holy and do damage and heals with disc. The current state of disc is just an underperforming healer that has a stupid mechanic that nobody likes! Give us back our bubble and let us play the game!!!@ Like seriously! Listen to your player base and wise up! The only reason people play holy right now is because it just does alot more healing. GIVE IT UP NOBODY LIKES IT!Shazaaman98 Sep 3
Sep 3 Can a Holy Priest solo - (silly question) Galleon? Pandaria "rare". Curious as I want those spirit boots eventually. If so what's the earliest level I should try it?Sylrael2 Sep 3
Sep 3 struggling with shadow leveling it seems like i die too much and things die too slow is this normal or something. could have something to do with unleveled artifact?Faredor3 Sep 3
Sep 3 How difficult is HPriest to pick up? I am considering a change from Druid to Priest to change things up a bit. What do you guys suggest when transitioning and how hard is HPriest to pick up for a heroic level of raiding? Thanks in advance.Makdar3 Sep 3
Sep 3 Holy Priest = Questing Tank spec Running around Argus today, I was amazed at just how well I could handle gobs and gobs of mobs. Didn't matter if its elites, or 10 random demons. Holy Nova spam and the occasional self heal was more than enough. Heck, I could even hold my own vs the rare spawn elites. For those who haven't made it to Argus, please understand that their are mobs everywhere. Virtually never a 1v1 fight. The point is - try Holy out for Argus.Moondrake15 Sep 3
Sep 3 Murloc Mind Control This is one of the Priest Hall quests. You have to break an NPC out of a cage in the Murloc Village by Mind Controlling a Murloc and having him eat through the bars of the cage. PROBLEM: There are TONS of Murlocs. I levitate across the river to get close to the cage, and usually have to fight 6 or 7 just to get set up to TRY and mind control one. THEN as soon as I mind control one EVERY murloc around him goes aggro on him leaving him little chance to chew through the bars! ALSO if he fails and the mind control drops EVERY murloc that was attacking HIM aggros ME! I cannot defeat the whole murloc village at once. What am I missing here?Gordon20 Sep 3
Sep 3 Please God Let Disc DIAF I kinda like the non healer for a healer spec artifact challenge, but outside of that It needs to put out to pasture and beat several times, then flames put to it to make sure we know its actually dead, then a holy priest needs to preform a exorcism forbidding anything even remotely similarly recurring. After all this if you will leave priest with only two specs, that's fine.Aalri27 Sep 3
Sep 3 Lvl 20 hunter suggestion I wanted to make a suggestion.. I have a twink lvl 20 survival hunter that i user for the 20-29 bg bracket and I think we need to add some type of spell cast interrupt for the survival spec. We currently don't have anything to stop spell cast.It takes to long to kill geared healers in bgs. Thanks,Xlichkinglol17 Sep 3
Sep 3 What Happened? Can we get a blue to tell us what happened to shadow priests between the PTR and the release patch? I know a lot of people are complaining about this and that but I just would like to know why things changed and nothing was said about it. Why does the colouration of shadowform have sections of block colour at certain angles completely hiding armour detail? Also concerning shadowform, why is it now more transparent than on the ptr and more like an outline or glow effect? I don't have the glyph of shadow because I use shadowy friends instead but I don't get the darkness like this https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/641350.jpg I just look like me with thin layer of purpley glow all over. Why is levitate lower to the ground than ptr videos I've seen and not have the sway motions and what is up with the sparkle?!? And just a personal curiousity that wasn't part of the ptr but why in all these caster updates and also considering the state of mage shields now, why was power word: shield passed over for a shadowy update? It has always bugged me, especially now we have shadowmend, that my shadow priest still casts a brightly coloured yellow holy looking shield...Porcelaìn0 Sep 3
Sep 2 Holy Priest 7.3 Tier 21 Complaint Has no one complained about holy priest's tier 21 set bonuses? Well I'm about to. It's absolute garbage. I realise we have a strong tier 20 set, but that doesn't mean we should receive trash that I wouldn't wipe myself with as our tier 21. Off the top of my sleepy head (I just woke up and it's 10am), I can come up with a number of better alternatives; Your flash of light has a chance to heal a random injured ally for 50% of the amount healed. Or; Your prayer of mending has a 10-15% chance to send out a second prayer of mending on any ally. OR; Your holy words have an X amount of chance to infuse A (1) target with prayer of mending/Your holy words have an X amount of chance to increase mastery or another stat by X amount. Now, these might just be ideas and they are obviously not fully optimised/balanced, but you get the idea. We got ripped off. C'mon blizzard, you have REALLY given holy priests the worst of the worst... Of the worst. THE WORST.Greenthings6 Sep 2
Sep 2 Shadowform is Spilling onto Weapons in 7.3 I have the epic blue glowy Fang of Oblivion from Ulduar. It glows blue right? Not anymore! It's purple. The new shadowform is spilling onto my mainhand and offhand. Please tell me this is a temporary glitch??? The new shadowform is killing my transmogs. I also wish my shadowform was darker. I miss how dark shadowform used to be. I actually ditched the Shadowy Friends glyph because my mounts wern't as dark as they used to be. PS - love the spell animations, and the new shadowform is pretty. It just needs to be darker and it MUST stay off my weapons!!!!!Alsandar8 Sep 2
Sep 2 TIL (Today I learned).. That holy has better survivablity and DPS to non-elite/quest mobs than Disc does. Okay so, wtf? Since I turned 110 I decided to gear up for and level as Disc. I thought it was a fun change of pace. I was doing great considering my ilvl. (I have many alts. I know a rough estimate of what is a good heal/per/second for my ilevel) Doing raids I was usually 3rd or 4th spot. To be expected... However! Soloing and questing in Argus. Holy has it easier than disc does. Smite spam feels better than holy. I've died 1002 times as disc. I'll be klling XYZ and pull on accident, as disc i'm dead. As Holy I survive. Did they change something?Astanta16 Sep 2