Priest

Jan 4, 2013 intellect it increases mana and crit chance but I thought it also increases spell power. doesn't it? Prophesor8 Jan 4, 2013
Jan 4, 2013 Shadow Priest Vs Affliction Warlock So, how are you guys comparing to Affliction warlocks in regards to arena and BG play nowadays? I don't have much experience with Shadow Priests, so I'd love some input.Raeku11 Jan 4, 2013
Jan 4, 2013 How is shadow right now in PvP? I feel like PvP is dominated by being able to burst, and I'm not sure that shadow is great at this.Karamazov22 Jan 4, 2013
Jan 4, 2013 Going Holy from Shadow, quick tips? Hi there! I leveled this character as Shadow and have been loving just about every second of it, recently I dual spec'd Holy and did a handful of LFR's with it and found I actually did pretty well. I have read the stickies and am a frequent visitor of H2P but I just wanted to see if I could get some general questions answered from this (what I honestly think is one of the most helpful) class forum :) I am in 100% Shadow gear, gemmed for haste (i use a pot to hit the cap no flames please =p), reforged entirely for hit cap and haste breakpoints. Is it "acceptable" for me to continue to queue for LFR in this gear until I can start getting healing drops from LFR? (I do not raid other than LFR, my gear is entirely LFR with some rep rewards). I see on the guides about using Flash Heal and Greater Heal as bufferse/proc users for certain skills, are these spells that become more available when you have more than ~2k spirit? I found myself, even with Mindbender, desperate for mana on almost every fight just from PoM, CoH, PoH and Cascade uses, I simply could not spare the large mana cost of a flash or greater heal. Those are the two big ones I thought of earlier and wanted to ask, so thank you very much for any input you all can give me, I look forward to reading! Thanks! :)Lelliana7 Jan 4, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Dedicated to priest, but need help badly Hey everyone, I am currently a level 38 SPriest.I recently picked up WoW by recommendation of a friend,and coming from another MMORPG took an immediate interest in the priest class. However, being new I'm overwhelmed on the best way to level. I've heard various things in game and researching: a)Shadow Priest questing all the way on the highest level zone you can(yellow) is the fastest way to level b)Shadow Priest questing all the way and doing every new instance you get once(for the instance quests exp) is the fastest way to level. c)Dual-spec into Disc Priest(no idea how on earth to do that) and spamming the highest-level instance you can is better. Reasoning behind this from what I heard is that picking "healer" role gets you in fast and Disc Priest do high damage while healing so it's fast? It's been a pain trying to figure this out as most general google searches lead me to 85-90 due to the new MoP expansion or to outdated guides from like 2010. Thank you all in advance!Antitoxic14 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 -__- Disc priest makes me sad panda ... That's allSreeuq14 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Borrrrrrring. Anyone else feel that spriest dps has become unimpressive? Maybe it's the lack of dmg we are putting out, or the play style. Meh, hoping for great things in 5.2 *crosses fingers*Crucifyx4 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 BiS lists for shadow I'm looking at some threads regarding our BiS lists. Icy Veins seems to say one thing, and HowToPriest seems to say another. I'm likely to trust HTP on this matter, but HTP also says to ignore the 4P at the highest level of gear. Which do I go by? 4P seems fairly good enough to not skip, and skipping it seems like a poop idea, even if HTP says so. thoughts?Theyas12 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Shadow PVP Help When I do BGs on my SP I do pretty well but I can't seem to do well in 2s. I know that SPs are strong right now but I am struggling so I am here for some advice. My problem seems to be that I can't ever get a cast off. I need to MB so I can get shadow orbs but can rarely cast without getting interrupted or stunned. In pretty much every game of 2s I get focused and cannot get many casts off. My rotation is roughly this: Open with VT then try to MB as well as get SWP up. If I don't get focused I will then spam MF till MS procs. Rinse and repeat. Obviously this changes slightly given the situation. I also try to keep renew and POM up. Any suggestions other than "stop being bad"?Titen5 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Macro Question Just so I'm clear, there's no way to effectively target someone without a DoT, right? E.g. /target person without SW:P or VT on them. When multi dotting I always find myself clipping older DoTs because I usually tab through a mob and cast SW:P on each of them.Lorantum1 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Need macro help. New guy Can someone please help me make a macro as ive never rly used them before. looking for the on use trinket (pvp), power infusion, and lifeblood. Many thanks in advance. ~4Forealz4 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Congrats blizz, you made disc the worst class Can't live in bgs for more than 3 seconds anymore.Hexxin24 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Healing in LFR Just jumped into my first LFR, and was surprised at how chaotic it was. I guess I was expecting a raid, not a random heroic on steroids. Anyway, how are you supposed to heal these things? Just concentrate on whatever group you land in, or try and pick up whoever's taking the most damage in the whole raid? Should you concentrate on keeping the tanks up, or just try and top the healing charts? Any suggestions are appreciated...I'm used to having a specific job, but this doesn't seem to lend itself to that approach.Bboptopknot7 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Mindbender vs. Instance Mind Spike for PvP I'm fairly new to the priest class, and I was just wondering what's better in PvP (specifically for shadow). Mindbender or mind spike? I like them both but I'm just not sure what's better. I like the short cooldown for mindbender but instant mind spikes can also do a lot of damage. What do you guys think?Ikeviste15 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Anyone else think they overnerfed hybrid heal Anyone else think they overnerfed hybrid healing? In duels vs pures, I see countless times I'll go oom from trying to top myself off during disarms, fears, and roots, only to go oom (even if VT is constantly up on the target) by the time I can get myself up, which takes a full 8-10s to do; one flash heal heals only like 1/10th of your health. They've made it to where you're better off playing like a theoretical pure and just racing your opponent's health down. What's worse, pures now have many ways of healing themselves, too, now and it's often not tied to a deplenishable resource that negatively affects your dps if you run out of it.Yøg5 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Probuskus as shadow? This is by far the most difficult fight for me so far, everything else was such a breeze. Not being able to silence more than once every 45 seconds seems ridiculous, and he did full damage through my dispersion with his torrent ability... How am I supposed to survive through that?Aphbrodite3 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Divine Star shoots into ground sometimes Has anyone else seen DS either straight into the ground or only go like 10 yards and come back? It happens to me everyso often. It just did it 3 times in a row chillin on the golden terrace. I know Talbadar has complained about it on his stream a few times, is this something that others have noticed and is it getting fixed?Mindblasterx13 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 8085 Haste Cap Hello guys. I am having trouble reaching 8085, and I was just curious at what Ilvl is it expected to get there? At the moment, if I reforge to absolutely highest haste, I can only get 7626. I'm not sure If going pure Quick Sun's Radiance will get me there or not, however i have a feeling it will. How important is it?Trïck2 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 need macro help hey everyone. I just need a simple macro for 3 things. 1. life grip macro for my teamates 2. void shift macro for teamates 3. cast dmg trinket before i DP thanks.Roguy2 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 Need some PvP dispelling tips PvP noob here. I could use a few tips on offensive dispelling. Right now I don't do it, ever. I usually just dispell stuff on my own teammates. Should I be looking for specific buffs on enemy characters and dispelling them? What are some of the most important ones to look for? Any particular addon useful for showing the important buffs I need to dispell? (the default target frame icons are a bit small and show all dispellable buffs) When should I be using mass dispell vs individual dispells? Thanks.Bolvir17 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Dying while Guardian Spirit is up..? Anyone else had issues with Guardian Spirit? My 81 priest is getting killed in battlegrounds with Guardian Spirit active. Dead like it's not even there...Vendes7 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 FDCL and DI I am loving these two talents as Shadow, and recommend them to other people. And glyph of Mindspike makes it all the more fun.Enarche1 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Cascade, Divine Star or Halo... Which do you enjoy using the most? Okay...go!! Cascade is my favourite so far. I just love watching it bouncing from one person to the next.Rayanna22 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 PvE Shadow Priests So, I have a couple of idea to help shadow priests DPS in PvE that shouldn't affect our burst in PvP. First of all, I just want to state some known bugs. Divine Star - Divine Star sometimes does not heal or deal damage to enemies/allies when used on stairs, hills, or anything with a slope and is extremely frustrating at times. Glyph of Dark Binding - Even with this glyph in use, using renew, leap of faith, or prayer of mending sometimes takes me out of shadow form(it usually occurs when I do dailies and dot 5+ mobs.) Mind Flay - Rarely my mind flay only ticks for 2 instead of 3. Since I know people will question this, I've tested it out on a target dummy only casting mind flay, without cancelling the channel, for 5 minutes only it only occurred once.Anyways, enough with the bugs and on with the real stuff! A lot of shadow priests have questions about shadow priest DPS that iare not getting answered or even looked at. I have quite a few suggestions that could potentially help out Shadow priest DPS, but it shouldn't affect PvP as much as it would for PvE. Make it to where we can cast mind flay on the move. Change the glyph of mind flay to where we can move while channeling it, but remove the slow from mind flay. Doing that, it should buff PvE DPS and wouldn't harm PvP all too much. Once again, Shadow Priests are completely RNG. I love the new shadow orb system, but it's still RNG with Divine Insight. Nothing is so frustrating when Mind Blast has 1-2 seconds left on cooldown and Divine Insight procs. Make Divine Insight proc a different spell(it could be a new spell or something similar to Mind Blast.) We don't have that many buttons too mash anyways, so what could it hurt? Our best in slot items does no consist of us using 4pc. Change our 4pc to something more useful. Something to where it increases either Mind Blast or Devouring Plague damage by 7-10%. Yes, they both are our hardest hitting spells, but I bet people would use it and it would increase their DPS. No one picks up PW: Insanity anyways, unless it gets an extremely huge buff(I'd rather have the chance to use Mind Spike from From Darkness, Comes Light 2-3 times instead of waiting for SW: Pain to tick down to its last 5 seconds.) The recent Divine Star buff was nice, but it wasn't enough. For shadow priests, increase the damage more, but reduce the healing it does. We don't use Divine Star for healing as much as we would for damage and the same applies for Halo. That is some of the suggestions I have for shadow priests. Hopefully this doesn't get overlooked and maybe a couple Blues might take a look. If any of you guys have any suggestions, post it here.Saggysally8 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Lowest on Damage Meters I am a lvl 86 Shadow Priest and ran an instance and had the lowest numbers when a damage meter was run. I don't know if it's my rotation or gear or both? I used my rotation like I use when I'm soloing. I don't see how else to do in a 5 man group rotation. Any help would be appreciated. TYThorbjorn2 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 PVP (and trash mob) advice for "new" spriest? Hi all! This is cross posted, originally in the new players help because I was kind of scared of you pros :), but not getting a lot of info so I thought I'd wade into the depths. I reactivated my account about 10 days or so ago after a 2.5 yr break. I strictly played healers back in the day (mainly disc priest). I didn't want to kill everyone while getting used to the game again so I specced shadow. This is my really my 1st dps character, ever. I am starting to get the hang of it but have a few questions. I've read through icy veins and through noxic and it helped clarify a little, but I still haven't quite got it down yet. -In pvp I'm not sure exactly what I can do to up my dps. I've typically been right around the middle on charts and I feel like I should be doing more. Quite often people are dying before my dots can really do a lot (in larger scale encounters). Should I be casting MS only in these situations? How else can I increase my pvp dps? I try to multi dot people around and MS filler, but I just feel mediocre right now. I see other spriests near the top and feel pretty fail. -I did a couple of dungeons for the first time since coming back last night. I was in a couple of great groups that didn't call me out for low dps (I let them know at the beginning of the run I was a dps noob) or kick me. I do great on the boss encounters and feel that I have a good handle on single target larger health encounters; however, on trash pulls I am not doing much. Again - should I just MS through the trash? Anything else? My plan once reaching 90 is primarily PVP - it's my favorite aspect of the game so I will be doing a lot of bg's to grind honor and what not for gear, hopefully being able to eventually do arena's with the guild. I can't really find any "guides" for shadow pvp. So any help in that area would be awesome. Thank you!Kalijie6 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 What was the point of this? Nerfing holy priests survivability, or just taking Blessed Resilience away specifically. Did they just say "omg holy priests r invincible in arenas so unfair lolz" and took it away or something, I don't get why it came to that.Wofye0 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 ToES shoulders finally replaced Xmog Finally found something that made me wanna replace my Heroic T11 shoulders, which obviously meant redoing everything. Thoughts? Any good "fiery" pieces I should look into? http://imgur.com/a8Zye http://imgur.com/vOAJqNyxo1 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Priests are the Only Healers that OOM when... ...we change talent specs. When I change specs using Dual Talent Specialization on my Holy Pally, Resto Druid, and Resto Shaman, they don't go completely OOM (I haven't tested on a Mistweaver since I don't have one high level enough). For the stated classes, they just lose like 25% of their mana or something. Whereas with my Priest, my full mana goes to zero every time I switch between Disc/Shadow. It's not game breaking by any means. It's just odd and occasionally inconvenient. Did anyone else notice that?Moringa13 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 #1 Stat for leveling a Disc Priest? Hello Right now I am getting all my armor , weapon , bags , metal ore (going mining and herb prof) , healing and guard pots , cloth (1st aid) and raw meats (cooking) for a new disc priest that I will start after the 1st day for the darkmoon faire. I need to get my cloth chest and shoulders armor. Now my question is should I try to get more spirit or int? On one of my alts I have alchemy and inscription so I can make pots or scrolls for either or. Does spirit effect any dmg spells like intel would? I know spirit is important for mana but during I solo level I just to make sure my spell dmg is good enough that I do not have to worry about killing mobs to slowly. Thanks for any head back.Orphis11 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 best healer for shadow/ele/_____ 3's? Thinkin Rdruid or Hpal, but not sure because idk much abt Monks. Wanted some opinions.Prophette4 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Keybinds/Macros for Shadow PVP I still use my mouse way to much which is definitely hindering my dps. Does anyone have unique macros to help increase my dps in RBGs/Arenas. What keybind setups are you using for your spells. Thanks....Imateerex0 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Priests VS Warriors I get completely DESTROYED every time I encounter a warrior of the same gear. Any tips on this match up?Sunnwukong7 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Fear I know I am a Warlock and everything but please fix Fear, back in the good old days when it broke after the player was struck, now Fear can last as long as it want and everyone can just lay into you and you can't do !@#$. Please fix FEAR!Sintrick3 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Holy Priest Gear Im very much prepared to be trolled and flamed while posting this, but i feel that alot of gear favours disc priest to holy for pve. Currently Sitting on 480, and just obtaining my set pants peice, i cant help but notice that the set bonuses as well as the stat priorities seem to favour Disc, and now for 2 of the set im using the dps gear equivalent as it just works better. While i understand that the lessened cooldown for circle of healing is great, as a holy priest i find myself mainly being put on Tank duty due to the high amount of burst single target heals generated by Greater heal and flash heal procs, and rarely use circle of healing. Am i the only one who feels this way or am i just not looking in the rght places for gear? Cheers, guysLokthorian2 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Soul Fragments on Heroic feng (dps) Hi, So what is the best option for dealing with these? obviously I need to save halo for them, but after I've done that should I DoT one and mindsear or multidot?Winnifred3 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 T6 Talent macro So I made this extremely simple macro for swapping out T6 Talents #showtooltip /cast Halo /cast Divine Star /cast Cascade the macro will cast whatever T6 talent I have chosen. However, it only shows the correct tooltip and icon for Halo. (if you leave the icon as the "?") Any idea how to make the Icon and tool tip change depending on the talent?Trïck6 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 How Do I Support Well I'd like to know when to switch from DPS'ing to giving support to my teammates (lifegrip, shields, heals, etc.)Praytomike2 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Holy / Disc Anyone know the preferred spec for Heroics / Raiding? I understand that different bosses, groups and other things of the such will probably also factor in, I'm looking for a slightly more simple answer at this time though. Everything else I can figure out as I start raid healing.Tantze5 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Dominate Mind This level 15 Talent should go back to baseline and add another Talent. Because it is only needed in very limited situations and is a much better baseline Spell.Chrîst16 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Restorative Amber: incorrect tooltip Thought I'd post this in a separate thread (as I was just reading another thread where other priests seemed to be unaware of this.) If you're a 90 who respecs a lot, or like doing challenge modes or encounters where OOC regen speed matters then, assuming you're not flat broke, head over to Kaxxi'vess and buy Restorative Amber. The tooltip on the item is wrong. It will fill a full 300k mana bar in 10secs. You can also use just a few ticks in any against the clock run for a chunky mana boost between pulls. (Just right click the buff to cancel the resin block effect if need be.) It does cost you, but at 90 you should be able to afford it. (And if you're used to rapid OOC resource replenishment available in other mmos, pretty sure you will want this QoL change in wow too.)Aerr0 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Holy DPS question Ok.. after reading stuff here about Holy DPS I've tried it.. and I'm floored. Something still stands out though.. 1 nagging question as the new week starts. On the Spec specific drop instances. Arn't we getting Heals drops over Shadow drops? I.e. the Healing version of the 4 piece from Galleon and Sha over the DPS version? etc Is everyone doing those fights in Shadow or has it been an issue so far?Terrishadow2 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Disc or Holy for healing 5 mans? Disc or Holy for healing 5 mans? Which is generally more efficient?Dosty2 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 damage: holy fire vs. penance??? I'm just curious why people use holy fire instead of penance for damage? I know it's a dumb question could I please gte a good answer, I'm re-doing my buttons tryin to figure out my order for instances and questing etcMethalus7 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Shadow DPS - My gear or am I just terrible. Yeah, so I do about 42k sustained in raids. maybe 70k burst with bloodlust/heroism. I know I'm missing my meta. Should I feel bad about my dps, what can I do to improve? Is it my gear? Please send help. Otherwise I'll go back to my rogue (jk i cant)Broebiden3 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Is holy going to get any buffs? At all next patch? Do you think they'll consider giving back blessed resilience at least. Something?Wofye11 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Monks How do you beat a monk that keeps you locked every 5 secondsCrucifyx5 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Powerful PvP gear for level 90s? I noticed a lot of level 90s have pvp gear, VERY similar to the gear that the venders would deal out. They even say Season 12, but when I searched it on WoWhead, it said Season 13. I'm quite jealous of this, although I am not 90 yet, and I want to know where you get them from. They're for specific classes only, have many Sockets, and are for level 90 only. The have much Resilience and Pvp power, etc. I'd like to be the best I can be in gear when I get to 90, so.. Would anyone mind telling me where you can get it? Can it be crafted or does it have to be bought, and for how much? I also noticed they have Trinkets for stuff along those lines as well, and I've like to get them. Knowing where to get them would be quite helpful. A look at what I mean: Malevolent Gladiator's Silk Cowl (I used Mage armor as an example, because I can't find the name for the Priest armor, if any.)Stephanoo3 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Psyfiend broken? I have had this problem before, and now today it happened again. In a random bg, 1 vs 1 situation, me against another shadow priest(taurren), he had fear ward on him, and I put down my psyfiend right in front of him, he stood there keep doing his castings until my psyfiend went off. His fear ward buff was still on himself after so that means my psyfiend didn't do anything, there's no one even near us, so he had to be the only target for my psyfiend. Something similiar had happened before as well, put Psyfiend out right in front of someone, and it doesn't do anything, I even notice my psyfiend doesn't even cast" fears", it does nothing. I want to know what is going on..Florencia13 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Future of Shadow Priests? Interested in alting a spriest.. just like shadowy casters and think they're cool, and I like offheals. How do you think spriests will faire in the future, because they're a bit op now. Think they'll be nerfed horribly or is alting one a good thing to invest into?Felun13 Jan 1, 2013