Priest

Oct 12, 2012 Power Word: Priest of Bel-Air Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent! Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Discuss: Now that some of you have gotten your feet wet in the raids, what would you change about priests? :oKyllie500 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 How to kill a warrior as a spriest (no troll) 1)Disarm the warrior when he pops his cooldowns 2)Wait for zerker rage to come off cd it lasts like 6 seconds 3)Fear 4)he's a sitting duck 5)??? 6)profits. I'm sure you can survive, a shield should last enough to absorb incoming damage if you do it quick. The most would be 10-15 seconds of battle im sure you can survive long enough. If he stuns you, trinket and continue process. If he trinkets.... I'm sure you can figure something out.Umbrulus20 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 For PvE Is Divine Insight a better choice than Power Infusion?Nastypriest7 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 ={Significant changes to disc needed} = This is a list of changes to disc in MoP that I feel are very significant. I'll indicate whether the change was a buff(+) or a nerf(-) and, for some changes, I'll make comments or suggestions for improvement. Feel free to contribute if i neglected something or if youd like to suggest a way to fix specific issues. buffs (+), nerfs (-) Power word: barrier - the glyph for 10% increased healing inside the barrier was removed This could be made baseline -or- the damage reduction could be rebuffed from 25% to 30% as it was in wrath. Power word: shield - the glyph no longer adds 20% healing, now it converts 20% of the absorb into healing This is a tradeoff glyph, which i like, but unless pw:s got buffed 20%... it is now weaker. Rapture - no longer a % of total mana - no longer scales with intellect + scales with spirit The spirit scaling could probably use a buff -or- it could be changed to also scale with mastery Shadow fiend - mana return no longer scales with intellect Hymn of hope - no longer scales with intellect Divine hymn - significant healing cool down, removed from disc Pretty significant. I used to line up archangel, borrowed time, power infusion, lifeblood, glyphed PW:B and a trinket with this and spike to >100k hps. Spirit shell is nice, but theres nothing quite like the feeling of doing godly healing for those few seconds. Prayer of healing - the glyph for 20% additional healing over time was removed - no longer double dips in divine aegis on crit This spell is in need of a pure buff, at least 10% -and- re-allowing the double dips would also help and give more value to crit Inspiration - the 10% damage reduction for most crit heals... removed This nerf applies to holy too. A similar effect for resto shammies was also removed. Renewed hope - the 10% increased crit chance on targets effected by grace or weakened soul... removed More on this in the next point. Inner focus - no longer works with binding heal - mana cost reduction nerfed from 100% to 30% + crit chance bonus increased from 25% to 100% Hurts our already low mana efficiency. The crit chance buff is nice, but landing a crit wouldnt be so hard if they hadnt removed renewed hope. Further, due to the removal of inspiration and the nerf to poh, crits are much less valuable than before. Focused will - damage reduction after being crit or taking more than 10% total health in damage... removed This has both PvP and PvE effects, in any case its a nerf to our survivability. Mana burn - destroy 10% of the target's mana, up to a cap based on your own mana, and deal half that as shadow damage... removed Huge nerf to priests in pvp, although it probably would have been a little over powered at this time since regen is so low. Shadow word death - former functionality converted to a glyph Significant pvp implications. Now an entire glyph is dedicated to use sw:d to break polymorph/scatter shot/repentance/blind etc Holy nova - converted to a glyph Really? What was the problem with having it baseline? I thought it was supposed to get a buff. Now we cant find stealth classes. This was our only spammable instant. Purify - now has a significant cool down + now removes both magic and disease Again... significant pvp ramifications... fortunately pve encounters have been reworked around the new cd Grace + buffed from 8% per stack to 10% Yay, a buff with no direct trade off. Now our single target healing is better... as if we were struggling there... Smite + now crits for 200% up from 150% Holy fire + new glyph makes it instant cast + now crits for 200% up from 150% Penance + now works with atonement + new glyph makes it usable while moving + now crits for 200% up from 150% when used offensively This used to give 3 stacks of evangelism which made squeezing out a clutch archangel possible in 2 fewer gcds Archangel - no longer returns % of mana + buffed from 3% per stack to 5% SUMMARY Atonement healing - Buffed in nearly every aspect. The lack of mana return on archangel is the only negative. Having penance give 3 stacks of evangelism is on my wish list. Single target healing - Somewhat nerfed. Grace is stronger, but PW:S is weaker, renewed hope and inspiration are gone. AoE healing - Significantly nerfed. Barrier is weaker, PoH is weaker, D hymn is gone, inspiration is gone, even holy nova is gone unless you spec into it! The new lv 90 talents help, but dont address the core issues. Mana regen - In the toilet. Every aspect of our regen is worse. Rapture, fiend, HoH... everything. PvP - Our survivability and utility have been gutted. Most significantly the loss of mana burn and the change to SW:D CONCLUSION Disc is struggling. It is in need of a significant boost.Gravare5 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Thinking about rolling a priest? Hello priests! I am currently trying to get this character to 90, but once I do I was thinking of rolling a priest. Can anyone give me some feedback on how priests are now and your possible spec recommendations. I heard that many priests just get stuck as holy during raids, but healing seems like something I might want to do. Is a shadow priest similar to a warlock that is what I hear a lot also and is Disc nerfed to hell or is it playable? Thanks everyone!Koregor6 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Daily Respec Background So I hit 90 a few days ago. I've been playing this priest since end of WotLK (iirc). I love healing, I feel so powerful saving people from death and enabling them to crush my opponent. For raiding, I have always been Holy as the AoE healing complimented the large raid groups you're usually in. For PvP, (Arena & BG), I have always been Disc, as there are a lot of single-target cooldowns that work well with smaller groups and known incoming damage mitigation. Now in Pandaria, I want to be able to do my dailies effectively. Holy Fire, Penance, and Smite spamming aren't very efficient at killing quest mobs and substantially slows down the questing. I wish to use Holy for PvE, Disc for PvP, and Shadow for Dailies but it's annoying to constantly have to spend gold, visit a trainer, and fix a few talents everyday that I want to do my dailies. Question Are there any effective ways to do your dailies in Holy (I tried using the red chakra and it's still very slow) or Disc to avoid having to constantly switch over to Shadow every day? Additional Information/Question I've been reading that a lot of people are having some success with Holy PvP. I wouldn't be opposed to simply switching out glyphs and a few talents everytime I want to switch from PvP content to PvE content. Would you suggest having Holy as 1 spec for both PvE and PvP and then Shadow for dailies?Butterednuts11 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 [bug] Divine Insight proc not resetting MB cd http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#X!000222!UKs Using the talents above, I have had Divine insight proc where it has not reset the cd on my Mind Blast. http://i.imgur.com/hFLMK.jpg As you can see the picture above shows that I have the buff which will make my next cast instant, but if you look at my bar where mind blast is, the cd still has 2 seconds left on the cool down. The CD is supposed to reset however, in this case (which happens a lot apparently) it did not.Foolt3 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Disc Healing Tanks... Hi All, I play holy in our raids and have for quite some time. That being said, our current raid group consists of myself and a resto druid. We are wondering if it would help for me to swap to Disc to provide some better tank healing, as well as the other obvious benefits of Disc (preventing incoming damage. But the main question is about the tank healing. How is disc for it? I know we're not going to be going toe to toe with Holy Paladins, but is there enough of a difference to jusity swapping from my Holy spec? If so, what are some suggestions that you can make? Thanks!Postpost9 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Archangel and Spirit Shell Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Archangel did not affect Spirit Shell before the 25% PoH and PoM buff. Archangel now affects Spirit Shell.Canaid17 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Priest Leveling Hello to all, so now it's been a while since I've leveled a priest and with the 4.0.1 changes I feel like it's time again! So now back back in the day, shadow was the ONLY way to level and I'm still assuming it's the strongest, but I've also been told disc with penance does quite a lot of damage as well...thoughts? :)Timax9 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 How tom you target players? Basically I am having trouble targeting now that I don't use heal bot. All I want to be able to do is use a macro and mouse wheel to scroll through the players in my party but I can't work it out. Same as being able to scroll through arena, 1 2 3 with wheel mouse forward. Can anyone help, dont want to go back to clicking on peoples frames but I am getting frustrated at not being able to work out a macro ro scroll through my partyGibal4 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Priest changes - Please Support. Here is a rework of the current Discipline spec. Pictures Archangel form http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/69145/aa1977Pop.jpg When moving it will drop feathers surrounded by holy light. Note, these wings are just an idea of the shape, the final graphic will look much better. Spark of Life http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/69145/spark4516Pop.jpg When spinning or traveling to another target, small particals of light / dust will fall. Holy Light http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/69145/holy_light9322Pop.jpg Beams of light. They will alternate/Pulsesate. Archangel with Holy Light http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/69145/aawithhl2657Pop.jpg Archangel this spell will be mentioned first, as i am looking to turn this into another form (similar to shadow form). Upon activating this spell, the priest will turn into an archangel (With a newly and impressively beautiful battle-forged angelic form). this graphic will be simple. A halo above the head, and Large wings (About 1 1/2 times the current shadow priest size). They will be white with a bloom on it, that has a golden glow (Suddle but noticeable) Effect While in this form, Power word shield now bubbles up to 5 allies (Picking the target + 4 of the lowest in health) and pentence now shoot 5 times instead of 3., further the priest regenerates 0.9% of their mana per 2 seconds. Power Word: Solace Renamed. ... Light Surrounds the priest, Healing raid members for 1.5% Hp and .05% Mana per 3 seconds. Can only be used in archangel form. Note; this is a heal over time equal to around 7,500 hot on a 500k hp tank. Holy Fire Renamed. ... A new armor buff. When landing a critical heal the priest summons a Spark of life. Each spark will last 30 seconds and will orbit the priest healing the priest for 500 hp each.When an ally reaches less then 75% health, the sparks will shoot off toward an ally, and circle them healing them for 2,500 hp per second. If the ally takes fatal damage, the spark will extinguish its life to safe the ally/party member. if a player is saved by a spark they will gain a debuff preventing their lives from being saved again for 3 minutes. Glyph: reduces debuff that prevents other sparks from saving this players life. ... Instant Cast. Summons forth a shield that protects allies for damage equal to 50% of their hitpoints. Note: Typical raid members have 350,000hp. this will give a bubble for around 175,000hp. current shell applies up to 250,000 but takes time to generate. ... When ever you bubble an ally, near by enemies (10-15 yards) take damage equal to 75% of the absorption rate of that bubble effect. Note: If the bubble absorbs 100,000 damage, it will do 50k damage. Does not work with power:word shield (Sorry guys, would be broken in pvp) ... Increases the critical strike change of pentence by 25% ... Increases the priests healing by 20%. (down from 30%) ... When gaining a bubble, healing is increased to you by 15% for the next 10 seconds. ... In archangel form, you will be throwing out primarily bubbles. Since you want to work on keep sparks up as much as you can, the best spell for this will be Pentence. With this, sparks will form. these sparks will go and heal the raid. From here the objective will be keeping sparks up and bubbles active. It will be a simple process. If the tank dips, you will apply heavens calling. Keep renew and PoM on the tank and you are set. most of your aoe healing will come from spark of light, or atonement. it wont be big, but it will be constant. and when you heal with pent on the tank, it will heal the melee area. If you want to heal the range group, you target them with PoH or Pent.Ezri11 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Mana Regen and Raiding Just starting raiding this xpac and was wondering how much Spirit other priest seem to be at to have a comfortable amount of regen? This would be base mana before buff (food/flasks ect.)Octaviantwo8 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 A couple words to the devs / GC etc We want the old mind flay animation That is all. Thank you.Crucifyx3 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Void shift when you play with a mage or lock. I know a lot of priests like to macro void shift to their psyfiend or normal fiend, but I prefer keeping my fiends for key moments of burst and cc... So, just a quick tip, you can also make a macro that target the mage pet or the warlock pet to void shift during a battle, they are always out there and always available to you, and you don't need to blow rapefiend when your target is at 100% hp :)Sielusa4 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 shadow priest pve/pvp help hey guys I'm streaming my priest game play in hopes of getting some advice from the veteran priest players. Right now I wish to do better damage, if you get the time please take a look @ twitch.tv/starheroz or take a look at my armory thanks a bunchStrinity3 Oct 12, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Since when did HPS become the "Standard" http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794232635?page=1#11 Link to a thread a thread I started in the healing forums discussing the frustrations of healing meter spamming raid leaders. If you've been the victim of this and disagree with it, chime in. Conversely, if you believe HPS meters bring everything we need to measure a healer tell us why.Holydisco12 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Priest tooltip How come my fear says it lasts 8 seconds but it actually lasts 20 seconds?Decca2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 +25% healing to PoH and PoM Ghostcrawler, on Twitter, 15 hours ago : ... ... Edit. The hotfix is now live. Enjoy your bigger heals!Harmonium34 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Void Shift Was anyone else's first thought when they saw this talent, is that you could totally kill your teammates with this XD. Just wondering if I'm the only sadistic priest out there.Därkdisciple25 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Holy priest pvp. What if.... What if when a Druid cast cyclone their healing was nerfed 15% and they couldn't use Swiftmend for 30 seconds. What if when a Paladin cast Hammer their healing was nerfed 15% and they couldn't use Word of Glory for 30 seconds. What if when a Shaman cast Hex their healing was nerfed 15% and they couldn't use Riptide... etc. etc. I love the idea of Chakra's, I mean I played a warrior back when stances meant something and mourned their passing. But if Blizz decided warrior stances were too annoying, why are they ignoring priest 'stances'? I propose the 30 sec cd be reduced to 3 seconds. The holy words already have cd's on them anyway, so why punish holy priests doubly? The only reason to leave any cd at all is to prevent simply macroing every skill to a stance. As it is, we can start out a fight in Chastise, stun someone, throw out some damage, then as soon as your teammates start taking damage you need to switch to Serenity and stay there forever. You cannot ever switch back to Chastise or someone (or you) will die in the 30 seconds it takes to get your maximum healing back. The sad part is Disc is even worse and shadow, while lulz in bg's, is not very good in arena. Should have leveled a resto druid.Knil10 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Do you use Spirit Shell while tank healing? Title says it...just curious about what you folks are doing/thinking. Healed Heroic 25 Stone Guard last night. I was assigned to a tank so I didn't really get to SS POH raid. Did not really archangel - though if I knew SS was fixed beforehand I probably would have given extra effort to ramping it up and using it with SS. Smite felt waaaay too weak and way too risky to use when you're assigned to a tank and the tank was getting rocked hard. Anyhow. While I would have liked to use SS on CD. It felt that if I did, there would have been situations where I would be fighting a downhill battle with it. E.g. everything I do is absorb so tank's HP won't physically go up, and I'd be stuck looking at a low HP tank and having to fight my way back up when SS is over. The CD felt like a gamble with a 'point of no return' instead of a boost. Only times I felt comfortable using it is when I know IF is up when SS is over(so I can use that as a big 'real' HP boost when SS is over and tank is low) or when he's at a 'safe' HP level so I can rack absorbs up just to stabilize his HP. Obviously in a 25 healers generally helps each other out if a tank is dipping. But the main point is that using SS while high damage tank healing feels more like a gamble than a boost. On the other hand you're stuck with the whole "it's a CD, you should use it and you should feel bad if you are not" notion. Anyone else thinking the same or is it just me?Zamboozle10 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 WTB Shadow AOE C'mon Blizz! We SPreists need a buff on Mind Sear, as it is our main AOE damage. Taking on solo targets is OK, I can hold my own, but when I get even the smallest of mobs, and I want to burn them down quickly like everybody else, I fail everytime. My lvl 85 shaman has 10 times the AOE as my 90 priest. Please help!Baltimore19 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 How to play spriest in 2s? I do fairly well in bgs when you dont get tunneled to death, but in arenas (mainly 2s), I'm just useless. Melee sit on me and range outburst me. Maybe because Im new to playing a range. So how do you play a range with all the los and interrupts and getting tunneled. Example, if a melee sit on you, do you try to run or just fake cast and cast on him. ThanksCube21 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Tips for a new raider? Hi. I've been lurking the priest forums for some time, creepy as that may sound. I've read the stickied threads and looked for things that apply to me: thanks to that, my healing has gotten tons better. But I was told that it helps a lot to go in and ask for advice personally, and maybe it's time for me to do that. Here's what I'm talking about. My guild is an RP-PVP guild starting a casual 10m raiding group. I will either be healing with a holy paladin or a resto shaman depending on the fight (someone has to go DPS) and our MT/OT are pally and DK. I've been working on improving how well I work with the offtank, who I don't know as well as the main, and running heroics with them. I've also been doing dailies. I'm attempting to reforge correctly as well: for Holy, my main spec, is it Mastery first and then spirit and haste if you can? For general item enhancement, is there a thread I can refer to or have I just missed the post in one of the bigger threads? But besides all of that, the real reason I'm here is to ask what you think I should keep in mind as I begin raiding. I'm less worried about topping HPS charts and more about keeping my raid group working together instead of figuratively fighting in the mid in Warsong Gulch. Is there anything you wish you had been told before you started, or is it all just "hit the big internet dragon and numbers come out"? (Forgive me if this whole thread sounds silly. I'm worried since priests aren't doing as much HPS that I will be a detriment to my group, and I want to be able to do as much as we can. I think the Priest forums is the best place to go for advice, since I've seen what a nice community we have. Thank you in advance.)Cellaniel2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Spirit and combat regen I am confused by these two things on my stats sheet. Without any gear on I have 214 spirit, Mana regen: 6,241, and Combat regen: 6,120. With gear on I have 5,349 spirit and it state that it increases mana regen while in combat by 6037. My mana regen: is increased to 12,037, but combat regen: is only increased to 9,018. So do I add combat regen and spirit regen together? or does my spirit not increase regen while in combat by 6,120 instaed only by 2,900? Gear off Spirit 214 (increases mana regen while in combat by 241 per 5 seconds) Mana regen 6,241 Combat regen 6,120 Gear on Spirit 5,349 (increases mana regen while in combat by 6037 per 5 seconds) Mana regen 12,037 Combat regen 9,018 Maybe I just am confused, but it doesn't seem like my spirit from gear is increasing my combat regen base amount by the amount indicated.Politsu3 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 I Was Debating Rolling A Priest… But I get here and the general consensus is that priests are meh at best. Should I even bother? I wanted to try something different since almost every raid I'm in there's atleast two rdruids. So should I level her wnd hope for the best? Or just stick with rin and maybe roll a shammy.Rintlek12 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Mana pool problems in MoP? Let me first say that both Disc AND Holy share this problem. I've always healed on a priest, because I like that feel more than other healer in the game. and although it wasn't always easy to manage your mana pool throughout boss fights, it's never been actually difficult either. Lately, while running heroics with properly geared tanks, and while healing on my priest, who is almost LFR ready; my gear is actually pretty substantial. However, on almost every single boss fight I encounter, I always end up running out of mana about halfway through. My talents are appropriate for the conservation of mana too. Blizz, do you have any tweaks at all in the future here? It's killing my playability on my priest. Conserving mana on all other healer classes is much more manageable. for the TL;DR Running out of mana constantly halfway through boss fights dispite my current gear, and tanks gear, not to mention my talent set up. Looking for some blizz feedback.Laang5 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 "Please post these fixes in the US forum" Havoc12 posted this on mmochampion, and requested that someone post it in this forum. There are many ongoing threads on this issue but I didn't want this to get lost in the mix, so here it is :) ...Kirse4 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 poh crit divine aegis halved i posted this as a bug in the bug forum but it hasnt had much attention. the divine aegis from poh critical effects is now half of what it had been all throughout cata. in cata if your poh normally heals 10k each target and has a 3k aegis it would crit for 20k and have 12k aegis. now in mop a similar crit will only yield 6k aegis. i could not find any mention of this in patch notes.Gravare2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Rapture still have ICD? Does Rapture still have an internal cooldown? If yes, it would make Divine Insight less advantageous.Fuwafuwa1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 PvE hotfixes, great. What about PvP? The majority of the hotfixes aimed at fixing Disc in PvE, while appreciated, do nothing for PvP. SS is nigh useless against players due to the reactive nature of PvP and abundance of offensive dispels. 25% PoM and AA affecting PW:S are the only ones that apply, I guess, and they're nowhere near enough. We still take too much damage after the removal of Focused Will, have absolutely no choice in the matters of glyphs (Desperation, IF, and SW:D are all must haves), do not present enough of an offensive threat with pitiful damage and removal of Mana Burn, and run OOM way too fast. Also, give us Holy Nova back as baseline already.Ayani2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Gem choices (Shadow PvP) I'm thinking the following (as well as epic equivalents): Blue socket Stormy River's Heart Yellow socket Vivid Wild Jade Red socket Mysterious Imperial Amethyst Meta Burning Primal Diamond Thoughts?Niks1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Problems with Priests: Personal Logs Hi! In an effort not to derail Jilu's other thread, I am posting this one in tandem with her thread. Whereas her thread will be about personal impressions, I would like for people here to post personal logs of their experiences in raiding so far. We'll use the same format, just add logs at the end. Here's the format: Spec: Discipline or Holy Content: Raid name, Raid Size Healing roster: Priest + Shaman/Monk/Paladin/Druid/Priest Observations: A summary of your observations during the encounter Concerns: A summary of your concerns with regard to your observations Logs: Personal logs from the encounter (screenshot links are welcome if your guild does not parse with WoL) Edited to Add: Math IS welcome here! Analyze the logs, if that's what you want to do!Tiriél89 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Need help with rotation at 58. I just started playing on this character after taking a break from it and leveling other things and need help getting a good dps rotation at 58-60 please?Meane2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 New spell! Mental stretch Increases the distance of your spells by Y for X seconds!Crucifyx1 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Some quick disc numbers From WoL, as of 10 mins ago, I calculated the average percent of total healing done by the top 40 disc priest (top 40 in terms of HPS(e)). In other words, the top 40's share of the total raid healing. I did this for only the first three bosses of mogu'shan vaults and only on normal 10 man raids. I did the calculations by adding the percents up (truncating each decimal) then dividing the sum by the total number of samples or in other words by 40. Given the small sample size and limit scope of encounters included in this post it is best to take this information not as a decisive factor in any opinion but as part of a sum information gathered from other sources. Average share (in %) of total healing done: The Stone Guard = 26% Feng The Accursed = 29% Gara'jal the Spiritbinder = 41% I doubt I will continue doing the calculations for the rest of Mogu'shan Vault (other three boss encounters, 25 man raids, heroic). I did these calculations because I believe they are a better variable to measure the state of disc healing rather then just pure HPS or total healing done.Kashamak2 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Is the hot fix in effect already? I was on earlier and cast a couple prayer of healings, just unbuffed...I noticed an average of around 17k per cast I log in a couple minutes ago and notice I have to accept another agreement, and cast prayer of healing a couple times again and I'm consistently hitting around 22k... So the question goes back to the thread titleGolilo3 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Priest 4th spec? As much as i love using my SP i think that blizz should create a 4th spec for the priest that is a holy dmg dealer. I wouldn't want to get rid of a healing spec for it but i think it would just be a cool idea anyone agree?Cohemer8 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 11, 2012 Cascade BUG! -.- If you cast cascade while others are eating. If they get hit from a bounce, it cancels their eating. Can we get this fixed? I use it by habit, and people git mad. lawlEkiv5 Oct 11, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 At blizzard, Please make the following change Holy Reduction in cooldowns / Mana cost for all spells should be decreased. Cascade: 15 seconds, reduce mana by 20% Divine star: 8 seconds, Reduce cost by 15% Halo: 20 seconds, Reduce cost by 25% Holy sanctuary this spell needs to heal 10-15k a second. Light well changed. Now placed on a target,Healing done by the healer heals that target for 50% Of the healing done over 3 seconds. Discipline Spirit shell changed to instant cast, 250k bubble lasting 15 seconds or until the amount is absorbed. Divine Aegis now procs 35% bubbles on all spell casts. Attonement Now heals all near by allies for 100% of damage dealt. Borrowed time Now upon activating power word shield, 8 near by allies are bubbled. Targets players with lower heath. Power word solace Changed to a new (third) buff. Now regenerates 0.7% mana ever 5 seconds springwell (Glyph) now heals for 65% Light well (Glyph) Changed to Increase mana regen on power word solace to cause the buff to regenerate 1.5% Mana per 5 seconds. Inner Will (Glyph) increases mana reduction to 25%, and movement to 15% Innfer Fire (Glyph) Increase spirit by 10-15% Edit: Added another change Please add to mind talent (First tier) 10% Increased spirit passive to make this tier viable for heals.Ezri7 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Stat Priority PVP Spriest? Hey guys,i've looked at several threads and websites about Shadow priest's stat prio and all of them come down to either saying Mastery is at the top of the barrel or at the bottom of the barrel,and it is far less important than haste.What are your thoughts on this?Gwuap12 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Which factions should I focus on? I'm beginning my rep grind for JP gear. Which factions should I be most concerned with? I assume Klaxxi at least, but which others are you pursuing rep with?Dandrison2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Simulationcraft To start GG trolls, flamers etc. http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html - bis / buffs etc http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14N.html not taking bis/ buffs etc into account Now, granted these are just sims, and not 100% accurate all the time. Has blizz said somewhere that they are ok with our dps being sub par most of the time, for increased healing capabilities while in a dps rotation (utility); ie all our lvl 90 talents that dmg and heal raid members / VE / hymn of hope ? Also, patchwork style fight so that has to say something about the rankings too.Sujan2 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Raid Cooldowns This....is not the right forum for this post, since I'm asking questions about an addon. But I trust the opinion of my fellow priests over the randoms I might encounter in the addons forum, so shhh. Do any of you know of a working raid cooldown addon? I was using TrackCooldowns before the 5.0 patch, and it's incredibly broken now. I don't like DBM SpellTimers or whatever it's callled. It always gives me issues for some weird reason. So, what are you guys using?Rilke3 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 WHy does Blizzard not give Holy Survivability Adding some more defence from getting killed quickly in PvP would be pretty simple to add and would have liitle to no impact on PvE, why is holy still fairly useless in PvP compared to other healing specs? I know Disc is not great right noe but 'generally' Holy is pretty horrible in PvP. Seems so simply increase Joly survivability and oyu can then actually PvP with the spec.Gibal6 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 blizz wants every healing priest to reroll to a mistweaver monk, i think its really time if we want to competeNerrisa4 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 [Shadow] Divine Star My guild is working on H Feng and I specced into Divine Star for the first time since beta. Does this spell have no graphic for everyone else other than the shadow outline everyone gets as it passes by them? I have my graphics on ultra and there is no ball/star like there was on beta. It just rather annoying since I know that there used to be one :P I tried both glyphed and non-glyphed for Shadow and still nothing.Venith4 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Priest Heals~ I'm not seeing this issue that everyone else is seeing...I'm doing just fine As holy I'm always ahead or up in the mix with other healers. I think holy's aoe is great. Divine Insight and Lightspring are ridiculous Cascade is crazy good. Renew is solid. I dont see a problem with circle of healing. This PoH buff is nice but it wasnt completley broken before.Hottÿ3 Oct 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 Disc priest is a joke right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyECw2nIOrw A joke. 1- The worst mana regeneration. 2- No more damage mitigation, "Focused will" talent removed. 3- No more mana burn. Pls, show us some love Blizzard. All disc priests we need change this asap, let´s fight!Mahadev1 Oct 10, 2012