Priest

Sep 29, 2012 Back on WoW after a long dry spell.... wtf. Damn this game has changed a lot since WotLK. Anyway I renewed my account today and had a friend "resurrect" me, so now I have an 80 priest. I had a 55 priest back when I used to play so I know the basics. I just had a couple questions: First off, what should I do as far as speccing discipline? I was told this is the leveling spec but i'm still not sure. Back when i played there was a talent tree. Not exactly sure when blizz got rid of that but okay I can deal. Secondly, what's a good spell rotation for killing in PvE (with discipline ((or whatever spec you're going to suggest to me)))? and what is a good way to keybind with priests? any addons I should get? and Lastly, just any tips you might have that will make playing a priest easier... like i said, this game has changed a bit since I last played. I forgot a lot of shortcuts and random facts about the game. Thanks in advance!Macdonwald2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Something like Powa, but DoT remaining time? Is there some sort of addon like Power Auras, with the ability to show something when a DoT has a certain time left? i.e. I'd like to see when VT has 4 seconds or SW:P has 3 seconds left. Power Auras doesn't seem to be able to do this.Yenkitty4 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 About quest rewards So, I was told by my guildies (and have read in forums as well) that quest rewards change depending in your current spec. Does anyone know if this also applies to priests or not? I switched my spec from shadow to holy several times and didn't see a difference in the rewards. I know that both specs can basically use the same gear, but I was expecting to see more spirit gear when in holy.Therdre4 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Halooops I pulled Please make Halo not hit mobs you're not currently in combat with, this was a problem with Starfall before with druids and was fixed, yes? DPS OR healing in dungeons currently a large percentage of the time I can't risk using Halo during trash (in the future possibly some bosses as well) for fear of accidentally pulling 3 extra packs of mobs. If you tell me to simply not use Halo if there are other mobs within 30 yards, you're just being argumentative for the sake of arguing, cause there's no reason not to change this and you know it.Darkwîng6 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Disc healing dungeons at 87 & mana I know that mana issues seem to be a big topic and I was wondering what really changed to make me go oom so fast, is it the hard mana cap? I raid healed as disc with not a single Lana issue, only in the death wing fight if the other healer was in subpar gear. Now it seems it's 3, 2, 1 oom. My spirit is defiantly significantly lower which might be the issue as I remember having nearly 30% spell hit when I was shadow at 85 because of it. How much spirit should we aim to have when trying to heal the leveling dugeons?Lacuss5 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 I am the worst priest EVER lol So I suck at being a priest... really bad. Awful. Can't seem to keep myself alive. Started out as a Discipline and just changed to Shadow. Anyone have any tips for me? I really miss my druid, I felt more effective as a druid. I want to love the priest I just can't seem to play it right.Nightoracle6 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Shadow priest or warlock? Ok I am right now making a alt for fun and maybe for pro ratings but.. Fire mage and Shadow priest or Firemage and Destro Warlock? Which of these are better? I perfer playing a warlock with fire.Sauronsfury1 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Best Alliance SHADOW Priest Race I am currently looking at changing from a Human to a Worgen or Pandaren. Does anyone know if the double food buff is greater than the Crit boost for Worgen? Any information/opinions would be helpful! Thanks!Cracked3 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Flash Heal Macro for Shadowpriest /castsequence Flash Heal, !Shadowform If timed right you will heal yourself and be in shadowform immediately same thing can be done for renew and other holy priest spellsLilangeljt5 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Never Accept Random Invites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVQNTFVOD0o&feature=youtu.be Your life could be in danger. PS. I had to do it. For science.Elveria7 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 S Priest vs. Warlock - Rolling new PvP I'm just coming back to WoW, and I'm thinking of re-rolling. I've been playing this DK from the beginning of Wrath, so I'm thinking a caster might be fun. I heard that both S Priests and Locks got a big buff. Which one is better for BG PvP? Would it be better to stick DK? I haven't really paid attention to WoW in about a year, so I really don't know. Any help would be great. Thanks.Dagrimoth6 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 No healing cloth gear at 90...why? I am stuck. There are only a few cloth healing drops in the non heroic instances, none of which can get you to the ilvl for heroics. There are rep rewards (450ilvl gear) with the bugs, but it requires justice points. When I hit 90, i could no longer get JP from running normal random's, in fact, that's not even an option once you hit 90. So what are we supposed to do? edit: spelling.Nighthelf3 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Holy Leveling? So I started up my Pandaren as a Priest, to give me a nice Alliance character, and as I looked at WoWhead, it seems that Holy actually got some damage boosts for while they're out and about. Is this true? Can I actually go kill things as Holy, or am I better of just sticking with Shadow until 30 and pick up my Dual Spec then?Gomhuln21 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Level 20 weapon quest for Pandaren I have talked to all the priest trainers in Orgrimmar and none of them had the quest for me to pick up to go to Shadowfang Keep for mats for the weapon, does any one know if the Pandaren can even get these quests?Chuhai0 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Struggling to level as Holy 85-90 I'm having a very hard time here, maybe it's because i'm trying to level heal spec but i can hardly kill anything solo, even quest npcs and trash. When i queue up for a dungeon i have severe mana issues when healing. I have reached a point where i'm considering dumping holy for shadow because of the lack of damage and healing i can do. One major problem i have seen is the lack of Spirit gear from quests and dungeon drops so i'm forced to still use most of my raiding gear from cata because it has spirit on it. If healing is this hard now i cannot imagine how impossibly hard it is to heal at 90 and i may not be able to do itAshwalker19 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Shadow vs discipline dps Im new to priest, I did however have this character before the last big revamp patch and shadow did the most damage for me. Now since the patch I cant seems to do any good damage with shadow, my discipline spec has done more damage since around level 30. Am I doing something wrong or does discipline just do more damage then shadow at low levl now since patch?Shrubber1 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Tmog staff? I'm very not done with my transmog set, but anyone know of some cool staves that might match my T4 tmog?Fatherjude5 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Preferred Shadow Priest Horde Race, PvP? So, how do you rank the Horde races for a Shadow Priest spec regarding PvP? thanks!Spookystuff16 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Chakras for the Discipline Priest Mists of Pandaria is live and along with it the Monk class has fulfilled the dream some Discipline Priests had long hoped for. As I’ve been studying all the changes in 5.0.4, I realized Discipline has seven unique Passive abilities that could be organized for a better cohesive feel and immersion with the fantasy of Pandaria and the 'Monk Priest'. My idea is loosely based on chakra philosophies and is mostly cosmetic. However, I think once the changes are realized, they give a new perspective on how the distinct role of Discipline Priest can be further improved. The Seven Chakras of Azeroth Chakra: Aegis Icon: Red Level: 0 Removes the cooldown on Power Word: Shield. In addition, when your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with mana equal to 150% of your Spirit. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec. Current: “Rapture”, Level 0 Chakra: Zeal Icon: Orange Level: 24 Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 30% of the amount healed. Lasts 15 sec. Current: “Divine Aegis”, Level 24 Chakra: Mettle Icon: Yellow Level: 32 When you heal a target with your Heal, Greater Heal or Flash Heal spell, the duration of the Weakened Soul debuff on the target is reduced by 2 sec. Current: “Strength of Soul”, Level 52 Chakra: Grace Icon: Green Level: 45 Your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal and Penance spells bless the target with Grace, increasing all healing received from the Priest by 10%. This effect will stack up to 3 times. Effect lasts 15 sec. Current: “Grace”, Level 45 Chakra: Atonement Icon: Blue Level: 60 When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 15 yards from the enemy target for 100% of the damage dealt. If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced by 50%. Current: “Atonement”, Level 60 Chakra: Acumen Icon: Indigo Level: 62 Grants 15% spell haste for your next spell after casting Power Word: Shield. Lasts for 6 sec. Current: “Borrowed Time”, Level 62 Chakra: Unity Icon: Purple Level: 78 When you heal with Greater Heal, the cooldown of your Inner Focus is reduced by 5 sec. When you Smite, the cooldown of your Penance is reduced by 0.5 sec. Current: “Train of Thought”, Level 78Vystal12 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Shadow priests heals. From a priest So I have 6 toons that are 85 and right now I'm leveling a warlock. However prior to the MOP launch I was playing my priest allot ..did all of lfr and also had full cataclysm pvp gear. I really really enjoys playing my shadow priest. Tons of fun , awesome damage and heals even as shadow. However I knew myself that prior to launch when I was owning it up in bgs and some world pvp that the healing as a shadow priest was very very overpowered. From what I had read it was said that everything was balanced to level 90. So I'm curious if heals as a shadow priest at level 90 are just as powerful as they were at 90. I hate to say it but if they are then that's just rediculous.Dvsone4 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 So everyone says Priests are in a bad spot... I'm still leveling as of this post date and I'm curious. Are we talking bad like "time to reroll" or bad like "No top-end progression raiding until we get patched"? I would hate to reroll because I literally _just_ hit 85 two days before MoP dropped. However, if this priest is going to be severely gimped -- to the point of not being fun -- for the whole expansion then it would be worth my time to spend a week rerolling paladin (in my mind).Dandrison20 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 How much MP5 is "The Human Spirit" worth now? I have a human priest from the vanilla ages sitting at 68 right now, since I had rerolled Dwarf years back to take advantage of their better racial spells. I had taken my dwarf priest to max level since then, but the joke's on me now, of course since priest racial spells were axed and the base racial abilities are kind of balanced. Anyway, since I like to min/max these things and a new expansion just hit with several account-wide features, now would be the best time to bring that character back to her former glory if I wished to. EMFH has broad use in PvE and PvP and 3% spirit is simply useful to the priest class as a whole, but how useful is it now?Misdirectomy5 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Mindbender "Air Swim" ok, so they upgraded Shadowy Apparitions to be able to float up to flying targets, so y not Mindbender? i mean it looks like it naturally levitates just to move about normally, its something Shadowfiend was always lacking (and druid Treants now have a ranged attack (for just such a reason im guessing) but all in all, Mindbender should levitate like Shadowy Apparitions so it can reach flying targets, and simply cos that looks like its how it moves anyways.. kinda swimming in the air.Seleno0 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Lovin' My Priest Currently solo questing as shadow priest and basically killing all the horde I come across along the way. Really enjoying what they did with shadow and finally LOVE my toon again. Anyone else playing shadow and loving it? I haven't been this attached to a toon since vanilla.Utchoomawa16 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Primary and secondary talent Is there a way to change my talent from Holy and discipline to Holy and shadow? My primary is holy and my secondary is disc, can i still change my secondary as Shadow?Lisheevayen2 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Obligatory: Which Class Should I Play? Thread Priest or Warlock? ~ for both PvE and PvP. I'm coming back to WoW after a break since February when Cata was beginning to bore the snot out of me. I was a Disc Priest all of Cata, and a Warlock all of Wrath. Wrath was serious good times, which is why I remember my Warlock fondly. Cata was horrible times, but I was a good healer, so I'm torn in that aspect... I would be a casual PvE'er due to time constraints (I love to raid, but I don't think I'll be able to due to graduate school), and a casual PvP'er just because its a little fun for me.. I usually hear the negative side of the class whenever I come to the forums =] so I'm wondering what your opinion is~ Priest or Lock :D (( I could play both, but a friend is offering a transfer to his server, sooo I need to choose 1 for the time being ))Luxwyn9 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Void tendrils or psyfiend pvp (shadow)?! So I went w void tendrils and I figured I'd stick w it bcz of the shorter cd but then I thought about the potential to use psyfiend on ranged opponents as well. Has any1 been getting hammered by a mage/hunter and dropped a psyfiend to see it change the course of battle or even work at all or are both psy and void only for melee.. Thx!!Gulyethian9 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Questions about discipline First, I recently returned to the game after a fairly long hiatus and things have definitely changed a lot. On my priest I have almost always been a disc priest, except in the early days as leveling as anything either than shadow was like sticking hot needles into your eyes. I have been back playing for about 1 week and running discipline again, they definitely beefed it up in smoe ways, but boy do I miss mana burn in PvP. Anyway, first question, I see some complaints about mana issues with discipline, is it still possible to be a primary healer as a disc priest, or are things in the state that holy is a necessity for healing? Second and last one, I see a few guides for holy and shadow priests but nothing really for discipline, is there a guide out there I am just to blind to see? Lastely, any advice is appreciated for this born agian newb. Regards, EquusEquus4 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 fear is overkill needs to be nerf they talk about dks over kill i been in fights were i cant even fight due to fear over and over they say it has less effect each time but i never see that i can get feared like 10 damn times nerf that now sick of fear in bgs and every were else about as bad as rouges that can stun you 20 times and not even get to fight no fun makes everyone madDntdie16 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Fun with Dominate Mind I just had a blast getting two Forest Lurkers to fight each other using Dominate Mind on one of them. When my guy won the fight, I just Psychic Screamed him and went on my merry way until he tethered back. Anyone want to share other ways to have some silly Shadow fun under the new mechanics?Dorastrope10 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 How are shadow priests? I have a priest thats about 40 but she's been leveling as a healer for easy ques, but I want to stop that and actually play Shadow. Are shadow priests any good later on for Raids/Dungeons and even PvP?.Jshadows2 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Looking for Help! Looking for people that are level 90 and want to be able to do more dailies via CRZ. Please add me to realid: Dasaq#1184Dasaq0 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Do we not need spirit anymore? So far every cloth drop I have seen in an instance and from quests has 9/10 times been lacking spirit. Did they do away with priest healers needing spirit this expansion? Cause I have only found 3 pieces of gear that have spirit from questing and Im halfway to 88. Have also checked boss loot tables and theres hardly any spirit gear. Just did Shado-pan Monastery and in the ENTIRE instance not a single piece of spirit cloth drops off any of the 4 bosses cause I checked their loot tables, not even on Heroic. Hell even when I have had 2 choices for a quest reward one is always haste/crit and the other is mastery/crit or haste. I see healer leather, mail, and plate raining from the sky yet no spirit cloth.Tifaniä12 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Spec. choice for early levelling. Is it easier to be disc or shadow spec for general questing in the 10-30 bracket? Right now im Disc. as Penance seems to hit like a truck, and shadow doesnt seem to have many tools at this level. Any suggestios would be greatly appreciated.Butchered2 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Lackluster Mana Regen Hey everyone, First off i'd like to say i know I am not 90, and things are not balanced for 85, But i would like to Post on what i feel should be changed for Disc Priests. As the title of the Post says, The problem with Disc right now is the fact that We have almost no Mana regen, And Although i am Reforged Int right now an extra Spirit , in my opinion, wouldn't do much. I have a Few things i think would Improve Disc without making them "OP" 1st the Talent called " From Darkness, Comes light" : i Like this talent i feel it is VERY useful however i think it would help Both specs of Priest If Prayer of Healing would Also proc this Talent. 2nd, Rapture: a HUGE part of the way disc had gotten mana back was this Talent, I feel it should be reworked, My thought is this either buff the Spirit to 200%, Or have a flat rate, For EX if we have 300000 mana and A bubble costs 18000, why not have Rapture give a Flat 25000 or 20000. 3rd The Talent called "Divine Insight": i like this talent allot but, is it Really that worth it? I Don't know. I was thinking that it could be changed to have it The same thing, with one addition, Power word:Shield is Free. Yes i know with a 40% proc rate! no that's op. Nerf the proc rate to the same as " From Darkness, Comes light" 15% or even 20% I feel these changes would help the over all Problem for Disc Priests without making the super op, or Having them lose through put. Thanks for reading!Sean11 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Noob questions--new (Shadow) Sorry if these are bad/noob questions but - When would we ever use Mind Spike, seeing how it removes the DoT's. Is this just a attack to use on mobs that will die in 5 sec or so, just spam that?. Or ONLY use it when that "From darkness comes light" talent procs? - When the mob/boss hs less then 20%, spam SW:Death right, everytime its off CD? - Shadowfiend seems to give 3% mana back, when do I use it?. Do I use it when im close to OOM, or doesnt really matter since its just 3% off-topic: What would be a easier healer for a new guy like me, Holy Or Disc?Devilsfan4 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Mind Sear Welcome back to the start of Cata >_> even with the 30% buff, Mind Sear is still doing terribly. Running heroics, our prot war, sv hunter, demo warlock are pulling 65k+ dps and Mind Sear + Halo is netting me 35k :(Nephelee8 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Angelic Feather uses? Hello priest community, I have been loving the changes to disc: even with tighter mana regen I am still topping the meters by a ton on all fights but H Spine. I have been having blast with the angelic feather talent as well - as has my raid. In town I drop them in my line of travel to zoom around the AH and bank; on raid night I drop them for my mates to play with. I am wondering if anyone has found specific uses for them beside the fun part? And aside from obvious pvp uses of course. For example, I tried to drop them on our H Madness attempts last night when jumping between platforms, and on the ship for people running to swirlies...any other useful ideas for our feathers? Are there any mechanics in MoP that we should be looking forward to using them on? Thanks!Myazzma22 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Healing Harder than ever... Yes or No? I played Dire Maul - Gordok Commons (the ones with the giant ogre types) twice and never got to fully play it through because the teams I was on wiped to the point of giving up. Both dungeons had at least one panda and both times the panda was tanking. I find it extremely difficult to keep the pandas alive. Am I the only one? I was getting flamed for "not doing my job" to the point where I needed to quit the game. I'm not trying to qq but trying to understand why I feel like there's such a difference today than yesterday it's literally like night and day for me.Marissah19 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Thoughts on last tier of talents I have been using divine star since i hit 90 yesterday i haven't tried any of the other talents. I was wondering what would be the best to use? I am going to be holy/disc in raids.Zatarii2 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Time for a new Mind Flay animation? Looking at the Warlock beam-like channel spells, graphically they all look better/more exciting, if you know what I mean. Would anyone else like to see Mind Flay updated with a cooler beam animation than just the purple line we have now? I'm not saying it should copy the way Warlocks channels look, but something a little bit more graphically exciting.Exïle11 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Can I please see some UIs (shadow spec only) Hey. It has been a long time since I played a shadow priest. I was wondering if some of you can post a screenshot of your UI so I can get an idea of what abilities are the most important and what not. I dont actually care about the layout you have, I just want to see where I should put abilities because my bars are a mess and I really have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you.Hazku5 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Another one of them race threadz. So, I'm rolling a Horde Priest and I know Undead seems to be the new way to go for a Priest, but I still can't decide. The only thing I can't do is go Goblin. The height-resemblance to Gnomes is too bothersome. Any assistance would be appreciated. Or at least opinions. <3you! -LLetyoudown15 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Diss or Disk? Discipline priest, Disc for short. Is it pronounced diss, or disk? Yes, it's a slow day at work.Eilythia11 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Are priests really that bad? I love my priest, but I love pvp. I know priests have always had a niche in PR, and RPM, but I have never known a decent rogue or been in an RPM. Best I have done is mid 1800s with a Warrior in 2s, and a war/druid/priest in 3s about the same. So priests could fill a niche spot, and do very well. But I always kind of envied some of the other heals that could actually carry dps a bit. I took more than a year off, and came back about a month ago. I heard good things about priests. I have played this character since Vanilla. I have never jumped on the FOTM bandwagon. But honestly, if priests are that bad, I don't want to waste my time. Thinking to level a monk. Or maybe even another healing class.Esaurus9 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 MoP Priest - Dispel Magic All defensive dispells were changed to have an 8 second CD. Offensive ones remain with NO CD. Dispel Magic is both based on target (Friendly/Harmful). Does anyone know if Dispel Magic Triggers the cooldown when used offensively?Lysandria20 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 PvP Priest Healing - What the HELL, Blizzard? How can they possibly justify removing so many spells from the class, forcing them to choose between new mechanics and old necessities, and continuing mandating particular glyphs? Seriously? I'm only just leveling a priest but I'm wondering why the hell I'm even bothering the more I look into it. A lot of what made priests look interesting is gone, or at least I'm going to have to sacrifice a lot of utility to get back some of the utility that was taken. This was hardly an update for Priests, as far as I can tell. This class's talents and glyphs need an overhaul. It's like Priests lost their legs in some horrible accident and Blizzard's solution has been to tape some napkins to the open wounds. All better!Russisch16 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Shadow PvE DPS, i need advice So in the new mop dungeons and with the new talent and spells overhaul im having trouble getting decent DPS. My main questions are, what spells or rotations should i be using on trash? example: there are two mobs that need killing, each has moderate health and each takes about 10s to take down. Now should i be applying dots or just spamming mindspike and mindblast? And what spells should i be using on bosses? Also for shadow pve other than %15 spell hit what stats should i prioritize? Big thanks for any help :)Showcase2 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Level 90 healing Heals aren't that much higher than 85, pw:s is same absorb as lvl 85. All spell cost are tripled though, makes no sense.Hexxin1 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 shadowpriest vs dk/war/rogue what do u do when they sit on you? like what spells you try to get off or any tricks and tips? the stun/silence + interrupt :/ sux ballzZmora0 Sep 27, 2012