Priest

Jun 4, 2012 Wreck yourself, so please check myself Yo all, I recently came back to WoW like a month ago, and I am LOVING disc. We can own healing charts like no other. I'm still kind of new though, so if any of you can give me advice about my gear/gemming/chanting, I'd appreciate it. I want to be the best. (Note: shoulder enchant isn't top chant because it isn't t13, and chest will have +20 to stats when it is 397 tier.)Terroryze5 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Shadow Priest? Id like to make a priest and would like advice on race and professions. I have my ideas but would like to hear what the priests have to say.Sturmtrupper2 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Disc or Holy dungeon leveling... Which is best to use for heal grinding my way through dungeons? Any opinions?Slithe11 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 PvP sPriest Just leveled my priest and hit 85. Starting to do PvP and only that. Anyone have some strats I can use or priorities. I know in PvE you don't really use Mind Spike so when is a good time to use it for PvP? What spells do you try and use mostly? I am finding myself running OOM in BG's. Could be because I am a fresh 85. I already got the spec and glyphs done from armoring some priest. I just need some strats and what is working. Not really worried about 1v1 don't duel. Mostly going to do Arena and bg's. So just an overall look will help.Chewnok2 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Bottled Wishes vs Alchemist stone? Dear min/maxing priests I'm getting to the stage of gearing when I'm getting picky, and would appreciate some assistance on choosing trinkets. I have been very unlucky for trinket drops, so the rest of my gear is better. My item level is currently 390. I have stacked haste to approx 20%, mastery 14%, crit 15% I only raid disc, and I raid heal rather than just tank heal. I do not spec atonement I'm currently using the Vibrant alchemist stone, alone with a DMC: tsunami. From What I understand, DMC: tsunami is better than the alchemist stone, but I'm struggling to find out the approximate hps/mana gains from using either trinket I have just started Heroic DS, and am not wondering whether it would be worthwhile to purchase Bottled wishes. I know that it's good for spine, but is it a better trinket than either of the two listed above IN GENERAL? Will it increase my overall Hps and performance on heroic DS? Item number aside, it doesn't have the static Int found on my alchemist stone, which makes me wonder if it's actually an upgrade. Should I just wait until I get a good trinket drop? http://www.wowhead.com/item=68777 http://www.wowhead.com/item=77114 http://www.wowhead.com/item=77114 Thanks a lot :)Kirse4 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 LF gear check (old school priest) Hey guys, So i have pretty much been selected to raid as shadow. Ive played mostly holy my whole wow life (dates back to vanilla) and more recently disc. My guild asked if i wanted to go shadow and i thought hey why not, its a change. I Have been shadow every now and then in raids but never for main spec full time. I've read some forums here and there and asked my friends in game about how to play/gear as an spriest, so i thought i would come here. Please give me any and all critism needed so i can fix my toon and play better. Here's a link to my toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... n/advanced Also, whats the standard opening rotation to use? Thanks in advance, Mowan of GundrakMowan9 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 @Forsaken Shadow Priests in MoP http://www.wowdb.com/spells/5227-touch-of-the-grave ...Khaga16 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 I need help with my DPS - badly Hello everyone, i'm coming to the forums because i'm hoping someone, anyone, can tell me what i'm doing wrong with my dps. I know it's not representative of my true dps, but a friend was going to take me to Dragon Soul as part of a guild run (with a pug or two) so he had me hit a Raider training dummy. My dps was fine at 21k. However, using the priority "rotation" i learned from several other sites at the same time (keep dots up as much as possible, Archangel/Shadowfiend as often as possible unless a burn time is coming soon, etc) my dps lowered to a very depressingly low 14-18k dps in the raid. The raid consisted of a DK and Paladin tank, Shaman and Disc Priest healers, Arcane Mage, Marks hunter i believe, and a few others who i remember having no impact on my dps numbers. The thing that drove the point home farther? The mage out-dpsed me and was only 85 for 6 days. That stuck with me and that burned... I'm reaching out to try and figure out what i'm doing wrong. I'm using Volcanic Pots and a flask, in a addition to my flask of enhancement, my herb haste cooldown, and everything, yet i could not push up my dps past 17-18k (in burn phases even) outside of heroism.Excoriate2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Leveling as a Healer Hi so i was wanting to level as a healer you know by doing dungeons? Well i was wondering which spec is better for a lower level healer? By this i mean which one uses less mana, as you can see i have bad gear and i need to get some better stuff of coarse but when i am ready i think ill have some mana problems and need the less mana costing of the two specs. I was thinking disc because it has the shield which would probably help if i am right and this is the best for my situation if someone could please link a build i would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance and please remember to be polite!Ãrianna6 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Shadow nerfs [PVP] - blizzard Dear Blizzard, Why have you forsaken us? Please make shadow priests a fun class, much less viable class to play again. Mages' spellsteal works better than our dispel Our mana problem in PVP is a joke Our mobility is still lacking (trinket down, fade doesn't remove stuns, dispersion just buys us time to die) List of nerfs: Shadow power dmg reduced Fear radius reduced Horrify cooldown increased Dispel baseline and only removes 1 effect Shield now last 15 seconds Suggestions: 1) Raise damage back to 20% for shadow power 2) Better VT protection (silence them or something - see UA) 3) Dispel 2x offensive and 1 defensive vs 2 off 1 def, oh let us dispel our friends too O_O Sure - I can "manage" in PVP but only if carried by a frost dk, mage or UA lock. Bring us back to pre 4.0 - 4.1 please EDIT: Off topic, why is there shadow protection (among with nature, fire, frost, arcane) and not a HOLY protection vs pallies?Guluven6 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Mind helping me choose S. Priest race? I reactivated my account again today for like the 100th time. I'm not even going to go back to any of my old characters. I want to start fresh on a new server from scratch. That being said, I've leveled every class in the game with the exception of Priest. Being playing since vanilla closed beta. Off and on. More off than on in the past few years. So I came back to play a Shadow Priest and hopefully hit 85 before the new expansion. I've narrowed my choices down to Human or Night Elf. I kind of like the default casting animation for Blood Elf better than Night Elf but I'm pretty fed up with horde as that's the faction I've spent the most time on. Do Night Elves get a different casting animation later on? The default magic shove is kinda lame. Night Elves seem to have some solid pluses too. Faster corpse runs and shadow meld to name a couple. The only reason I would choose Human is the casting animation and the lack of over-sized banana ears. Not to mention the racial that would allow me to use 2 DPS trinkets for PvP. I plan to BG and Arena and am not really all that interested in Raiding because I find it boring. So any thoughts, input, advice? Also, anyone have a link a site that show cases what different armor looks like on the different races/genders?Morodin10 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 My gear Been going all in on haste, at any point do i switch to a differant stat once i get a high enough haste rating?Revinthedead1 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 PVPing as Disc, subject of Haste. Hey guys. So, the never-ending topic of stacking Haste. Awhile back I noticed some top Disc Priests stacking it. I decided to give it a shot, and so far I love it. Currently I have 12.66% Haste. What I want to know, is how much haste can you stack with PVP gear, practically? I know I need to change my head piece to Satin, and also change my boots to the haste ones. Other than that, I don't really see much I can change. So yeah, how much haste can we get with PVP gear (including reforging, enchants, etc), and how much faster can you cast, say, manaburn? Currently my manaburn is a 2.22 second cast. Just wondering how low that can go. Would appreciate any tips regarding this subject :) I LOVE haste. And I know it's a question of playstyle. Is it practical to stack as much as I can? I've had to sacrifice some spirit, and I only have 2k combat regen.. Is that good enough? I'd appreciate any help/suggestions :) -Kat (Oh, and I'd like to add that I enjoy both BGs and Arena. That's pretty much all I do. So this subject is regarding both of those aspects of the game.)Katayani2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 New to Shadow PvP, Help a Noob (questions). Hey guys, I've always played my priest as a healer, but recently decided to dabble in Shadow. I'm enjoying it (the few hours I've played so far, anyway), but I'm admittedly not very good. Help me get better with some answers to these questions: 1) How do I know which rotation to use? i.e. DoTs versus MSx3--->MB. Keep in mind, this is in the PvP realm. Obviously a low health target wouldn't get dotted up, but are there other considerations? 2) How do I improve my survivability? Any tricks or tips would be appreciated. Once my shield and fear are on cooldown, I just sort of get owned. Dispersion helps, but long cooldown, etc. Should I be jumping out of Shadowform and healing myself up? I know I'm never going to be a tank, but I've seen some -good- Shadowpriests that are waaaay more skilled at staying alive longer. Thanks in advance for any and all input. Feel free to toss in anything else you feel I should know. - Ryz.Ryzaerian5 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Most fun twink bracket? What bracket have you guys had the most fun in as a priest? I'm playing holy right now just for the utility kiting(desperate prayer, chastise, etc.). However I'd gladly go shadow/disc for whatever bracket chosen because I really enjoy ever spec on a priest. I tend to avoid the 55-64ish brackets, because of the DKs. I'm also not sure if I'd be willing to twink level 70 as I can't really be bothered with gearing that much yet. Right now I'm level 19 and locked exp until I figure out which bracket to twink.Dires4 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Whats your favorite race for priest? (Horde) What the title says. Im either going to faction change my priest or reroll her to Horde on WrA, but I can't for the life of me decide on a race. If orcs could be priests, then there would be no question about it. Female orc holy/shadow priest. <3 But they can't. And I can't decide between the other races. And what I would like to know is what YOUR favorite race for a priest is and why. It won't make my decision for me, but it'll give me some more opinions on what people like about that specific race/class combo and I think it might help make this decision a bit easier for me. Thanks (:Zeni32 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Is Shadow Very Gear Dependent? I'm bout to get my 2nd account scroll of resurrection and was going to get a priest to 80 then 85 and raid in place of my mage because SPriest is so fun. I don't feel like paying $80 to get my other priest to my current realm because he's horde. In 378's would my DPS be ok to do DS or will I have to wait till I buy valor gear(aside from boots/bracers which I can buy from him) and raid finder stuff?Cubedice7 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Reasons to be a priest. Hello priest fourms. My friend and I have currently been doing something enw and we started leveling a alliance paladin (myself) and a priest (my friend). we have gotten to outlands and he has found himself pretty bored with priest as of now. He says he liked the sound of disc for being able to damage and heal but casts are pretty slow for him right now. I've tried talking to him about going shadow but he says it might just feel like a lock. Anyway, I was looking to you guys for some advice, does disc get faster casting use haste at higher levels, and how diffrent does a affliction lock and Spriest work from one another? I myself dont understand priests at all so I can answer these for him. Thanks guys.Sargrave2 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Gear Check. Been doing the Fall of deathwing raids and ive been told my Dps/Damage has been low. Was wondering if its my gear still or iam not doing my spell rotation right. I get all my dots on a target and spam mind flay and hit mind blast when it comes up.Any thoughts or advise from any shadow prists out there would be welcome. Thanks.Morrdread4 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Power Word: Holy Novacaine Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Topic: Ramen Noodles or Hot Pockets?Podrick500 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Beta Build 15739 - 5/31/12 Power Word: Fortitude had a tooltip error corrected: Infuses the target with vitality, increasing Stamina by 10% for 60 min. Shadowfiend now has a 3 minute cooldown, down from 4. Duration reduced to 12 sec, down from 15 sec. Talents Archangel now has a 24 second duration for the Dark Archangel (Dark Evangelism) buff. Mindbender now has a 3 minute cooldown, down from 4. Void Tendrils is now limited to 5 targets. Major Glyphs Glyph of Lightspring now ticks every second, down from every 5 seconds. Minor Glyphs Glyph of Fading has been renamed Glyph of Shadow Ravens: Your Shadow Orbs now appear as Shadow Ravens. Glyph of Fortitude has been renamed Glyph of Borrowed Time: Your Borrowed Time is now displayed visually. Glyph of Shackle Undead now changes the appearance of your Shackle Undead. Glyph of Shadowfiend has been renamed Glyph of Smallfiend: You summon 3 small Shadowfiends who each provide a third of the total mana return.Goldobank12 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Shadow Priest (pve) Questions I've been trying to get my dps higher on this toon, and I haven't really been able to find out some information that might be effecting my dps. 1. Is it a dps loss or gain for me to interrupt my MF channel right away when Mind Blast comes off cool down, or should I wait for the next tick/last tick? I'm currently typically interrupting right away for Mind Blast? 2. I'm sitting at around 2750 haste which is (to my understanding) just above the 3rd tick for Vampiric Touch. I'm assuming since I have 4p set bonus it would be beneficial for me to stack mastery as i get out of raid finder gear, or would it be better to go for a lower amount of haste and reforge some mastery? 3. If mind blast is about to come off cooldown in say, 1 second, is it better to wait for mindblast to come off cooldown or cast mind flay and potentially delay mind blast? I'm thinking it might be better to sit for a second, but I also have the mindset that a unused GCD is wasted dps...so I'm not sure. Thank you in advance.Whiptail5 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Shadow Priest PVP - Help Hi Guys, Just looking for a bit of help from some of the spriest PVP pro's. I have been playing Shadow priest pvp for a little while now, although not full Cata geared yet. I find that I lack in damage output in both BG's and Arena. When I play in a team with other shadow priests, they also top my damage by far and looking at recount they do it all with dots. The only way I can keep close to their damage is by spamming mind spike, yet they don't use mind spike at all. I am reforging everything to haste and also gem for haste + resil. If anyone could take a look at my armory and let me know If there is anything I should change: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Optumetrist/simple When I dot in bg's/arena's I multi dot and obvisouly mind blast when not on CD. Should I be doing this differently? ThanksOptumetrist2 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Glyph of Shadow and Shadowy Apparition Ok so when I got this minor glyph, I thought that my shadow form looked better, but whenever I play pvp it's very noticeable when my shadowy apparition come outs and u can tell the difference. So I know that I'm being targeted when I'm playing in a bg or arena. So im going to take it off, but i wish my shadow apparition would be less shadowy as well. My question is how many people of average get fooled by shadow apparition and start attacking them?Bloodthristy3 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 NAME CHANGE HELP Whitz Prioriy vzShadowqt14 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Rate my transmog guys, Does it need more? Hi guys I'm sure there is a transmog thread but what I need to know does this Priest look; Psycho Zealot Scarlet Crusade enough? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Paradoxor/advancedParadoxy6 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Rapture Tracker Do any of you discos still track rapture? I did in the beginning of Cata when my gear wasn't so hot, with Ingela's Rapture. I loved that addon. I took a WoW hiatus, and I'm back now, but Ingela's Rapture hasn't been updated for 4.3, so it doesn't work in my WoW. Does it work for anyone else? Is there another good addon that tracks Rapture? I haven't been tracking it because I haven't had any mana issues. My guild is just starting Heroic progression, and I'm wondering if I need to step up my game and track it again, just in case.Glinimer13 Jun 1, 2012
May 31, 2012 Transmog Priest Sets! Rate the person above you on how well you think their set looks! For mine, I am going for more of a darker yet scandalous look for my shadow set.Sorá2 May 31, 2012
May 31, 2012 Discipline Help I've been healing with my Druid for a while now, but I decided to come back to my Priest. Unfortunately, I forget a lot and since the playstyle is so different and there's so many more buttons, I'm very lost. I have a few questions that would really help me get back into my Priest. For now, this is all about PvE, I'm gonna wait until I'm back into the zone to PvP. 1. Can someone tell me a macro that will allow me to keep one of my party members targeted and still be attacking enemies with Holy Fire/Smite. Like, maybe attack what their targeting. Its very hard switching between healing them and smiting enemies. Please be specific on how to do it, I've hardly even made macros in the past and I find it a little bit confusing. 2. Another macro. Just one to cast Power Infusion on myself regardless of what I'm targeting. I only ever use it on myself when things get rough. 3. For gear, what should be my priorities? I just hit 85 on my Druid not too long ago, and it was mostly Spirit. I'm having more mana problems on my Priest than my Druid right now, and like I said, my Druid just hit 85. 4. Is there a good talent tree that someone could show me? Right now, mine's just sort of haphazarly thrown together. 5. I'm just confused about what spells I should use in general. I've gotten used to my Druid, and there's just so many spells for a Priests its a little overwhelming coming back to. Right now I'm mostly just using PW: Shield, Penance, Holy Fire, Smite and Prayer of Healing. Should I even use Heal at all, or is that completely replaced with Atonement? I usually don't use Renew, since its pretty weak without talents in the Holy tree. I never use Flash Heal or Greater Heal, their mana cost doesnt seem to be worth it. Thanks for any help! There's no guide for Discipline stickied here, so all advice is appreciated.Arannis4 May 31, 2012
May 31, 2012 Mana on spriest fresh and growing 85? Hello priests, I just recently dinged my spriest to 85. Used them for a bit as my main toon in WOTLK and then didn't level them in cata. I am wondering if the mana issues get better once you gear up a little or if even in much better gear you are still starving for mana. I find that right now i oom pretty fast. I need to use dispersion and archangel to try and keep my mana up including power torrent but it still seems to drain down really really fast. I am not saying this is good or bad... i am saying its not really enjoyable to me. I don't really have mana issues on my mage or on my lock or on my shaman like i do on my spriest. It could be that i need to L2P spriest better as well. I am not even talking instances... just out questing. Thoughts? Your experience playing spriest? Also how do you enjoy spriest in pvp atm? I enjoy this hunter quite a bit. From seeing spriests in bgs i can't really say well how they do. Sometimes i beat them, sometimes they beat me, sometimes its gear, sometimes its skill. How do you like your spriest in pvp? Thanks.Eytan2 May 31, 2012
May 30, 2012 priest spell question there is a spell (its not penance) it sends a holy bolt to teammates and it chain heals them. what is it called?Treé2 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Pvp gear? looking to gear my priest for pvp and ill be healing just wondering is the 2 piece for both sets with the 400 resil better than the 4 piece healer set bonus? im still trying to figure out if i like disc of holy for pvp. but what would be better for gear 4 piece of 1 or 2 piece of both?Derpasaurus4 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 How are priests? Thinking of making a priest, holy for healing. How is it leveling through instances? Overall how's the class?Tigergrunt8 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Haste vs. Mastery for Holy Priests? First of all... damn its nice to be back. I've been gone a while and its nice to come back to the game after a good break. To bad I forgot a LOT about my class! I've got the majority of my healing down, even did 10m DS with my old raid. Now I just got to know what I should be reforging? I read from one place that Haste is top, then from another Mastery. Now I need to know, what should I be reforging? Thanks.Spekle11 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Trinkets: What to use? so at the moment i am currently using Bottled Wishes, and Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (Raid Finder 384 ILVL) but i recently picked up Will of Unbinding (Raid Finder 390 ILVL) whats better to use? Bottled Wishes Binds when picked up Unique-Equipped: Bottled Wishes (1) Trinket Requires Level 85 Item Level 397 Equip: Increases your haste rating by 458 (3.58% @ L85). Use: Increases your spell power by 2290 for 15 sec. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown) Insignia of the Corrupted Mind Raid Finder Binds when picked up Unique-Equipped: Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (1) Trinket +406 Intellect Classes: Priest, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Druid Requires Level 85 Item Level 384 Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 2573 haste rating for 20 sec. Will of Unbinding Raid Finder Binds when picked up Unique-Equipped: Will of Unbinding (1) Trinket Classes: Priest, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Druid Requires Level 85 Item Level 390 Equip: Your harmful spells grant 78 Intellect for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.Disillusion11 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Tier 13 Heroic Belt Does anybody have a recommendation for a belt that matches the priest heroic tier 13 set?Pyndel7 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 I want to make a Priest... I was thinking of deleting my Mage to create a Priest instead. I was thinking Belf, Troll, or Undead. Which is better stat wise?Raiju12 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Power Word: Me and My Shadowy Apparition Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Topic: What does everyone think about raiding for the rest of the tier? If you weren't stuck in an annual pass, would you be continuing your WoW subscription until MoP?Blew500 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Shadow Priests: Pure Evil? This may be a silly question, but are all shadow priests necessarily evil?? :)Castamir116 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Shadow in MOP as of 5/28 So I have been in beta for awhile now and going with the changes trying to constantly learn the rotation or priority. This really has not changed a ton except for all the procs and managing them which really is not that difficult to do. The one thing I keep seeing changed is mind flay refreshing SW:P. At first it didn't and then they changed it so it did. I have not seen any notes reverting it to not refreshing it, but as of yesterday it does not. I am hoping this is a bug and not the case. Also SW:D does not grant a shadow orb as I saw in the last patch. Again I am hoping it is a bug. I have basically been playing different classes on the beta just to try some of them out. It seems like 95% of them have basically been dumbed down. Warlocks are a prime example, they are dumbed down extremely from what they are now. Boomkins have even less to do with the removal of insect swarm. The one thing that I noticed is that quite of few classes have a very smooth rotation or priority. This does NOT seem to be the case with Shadow Priests. The entire rotation and priority is very clunky at best. You never get into a fluid motion because of all the short dot durations and constant procs with MB and MS and DP. The entire rotation is based on multiple procs which leaves me to guess that our damage will be left highly up to RNG. MF is about the only constant and its damage is fairly weak. I would hate to have this priority and have a fight with movement and be expected to pull solid numbers. The one nice thing is you can literally spam your rotation and never even drop below 90% mana. There literally is no need to pop SF except for some extra damage or if you decide you spam MS for 30 seconds. Just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts on the current state shadow sits in with beta.Mushutree6 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 good dps for level 65 shadow ? what would be good average dps for a dranei shadow priest ? in a group last night , it went as follows - tank , 400 mage,500-600 hunter ,300-325 (was lower level ,a 58 or 59 ) me , 200 -230 i was told 350 - 400 was where i should have been. true ? and if so ,fastest way to bring it up ?Clared6 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Just returned to the game after months... I live in Switzerland and my laptop was being repaired in the UK, so I only got it back this week. I finally got back on WoW and feel like a bit of a n00b again. One of my biggest concerns is my gear - how does it look to you? How would you suggest I improve it? I am also open to other suggestions about my character. I'm not pretending to be a good player, but I want to get better. Thanks for any help in advance.Derpette7 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 disc priest pvp went against a disc priest rogue in 2's and the disc priest casted 2 flash heals that i couldn't interupt or silence. What spell caused this?Thanetos11 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 Disc T13 4pc bonus Does the 4 piece bonus for Tier 13 gear mean you have a 10% chance for Rapture to return 100% more mana, or does it always give 100% more? And, if it is only a 10% chance, do the two effects (double shield, double Rapture) proc together, or are they on different procs? Sorry for the n00b-ish question, I was just curious. Edit:: Effect not affectGijora18 May 30, 2012
May 29, 2012 Inner Fire Or Inner Will? i am a disc priest and my guild was talking about inner fire and inner will and i thought inner will was junk to be honest i new it was not bad for disc but i just didnt feel it was that big of a deal to change back to inner fire and inner will in a boss fight, but my main questions today is. what one should i be useing? i was asking another disc priest and he say's that you should ALWAYS use Inner will and a disc priest should not trust inner fire? i was looking for some other post about it but cant find anything about it. so some help would be nice:-)Graceffa11 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Shadow Flowchart for the lols Saw the kitty DPS flowchart again recently and I decided to make one for shadow. Enjoy! http://s7.postimage.org/7td173r7v/spriest_flowchart.pngTheyas5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Disc Priest PVP... On top of our heals/absorbs being %@@@ all over i find out today that now when you interupt penance (a Discipline move) it puts all your Holy moves on cooldown........ which gives us pretty much 0 chance against classes such as rogues. back in wrath i used to be able to actually beat rogues in duels with a good bubble that lasted long enough to do some damage with reflective shield instead of now being 2 shotted off and I used to be able to heal my self with a GOOD penance and if they kicked that resort to a flash heal/PoM, renew kite nooooow i just have to sit there and watch myself die meanwhile headbutting my keyboard in rage. I get the reason for the changes to make PvE more exciting and whatnot but you guys totally !*!*ed over PvP in the process. buff plox.Pullmyfinger21 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Disc Guidance Hey all, Im in the process of gearing this toon towards bg's mainly with arena sometimes. Besides my gear that obviously isn't pvp, is there any changes to gemming/spec recommended? I kick a$$ healing bg's and am pretty hard to kill, just looking for advice from experienced pvp peeps as I mainly PVE. ThanksDirtnáp1 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Questing as Disc It is actually pretty fun and you can get off the grind of shadow and at these levels I keeel things almost as fast as shadow does. So if you wana try it get the right glyphs (Penance, Smite and divine accuracy) and get cracking, also make sure you got right talents such as Atonement on the Disc tree and Divine Fury on the Holy tree. Few tips though: -I like to start out with Holy Fire then Smite then Penance. The reason for that is that Holy Fire hits hard and gives the dot, this same dot is what gives +20% damage to smite (through the glyph of Smite), after that hit 1-2 smites according to how high the mob HP is and then Penance the mob which pretty much just finishes things. Hitting 1-2 smites per npc cranks up Evangelism to 5 for the Archangel buff which gives you 1% mana back. -Try to keep a balance between 5 stacks of Evangelism and using your Archangel every CD for maximum mana benefits and minimal downtime. So the above rotation gives me a nice balance for that. I literally never have to drink or heal. -If don't care much for downtime (drinking/eating) you can always increase your damage by a lot (helps you with aoe) you can use your shadow dots and spells. Well I know some of us read everything and understand everything in this game very well but I am sure others do not so if you are tired of the shadow grind and never have touched the healing trees because you are some what afraid or intimidated by healing try grinding Disc like this for a bit. It might help you get your head around how healing with Disc works as the Atonement spec and it would be a nice start to understanding healing with priest class. Might also get your fingers ready for pvping as Disc or if you become really good and proficient with it taking over to the Arena. I hope you enjoy it!!Merianet7 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Spriest gear question Is this gear ok for me to start healing as disc in dungeons?Baman1 May 29, 2012