Priest

Jul 30, 2012 Disc Priest - Seeking PvP Advice Update: 29 July, 2012 Hello everyone! Apologies for the bump, but I wanted to give an update because my weekend has passed and I finally had the time to put everyone's suggestions to a better test. It was AV weekend, and I couldn't think of a better time to have practiced BG-PvP! I feel so much more competant now than I did when I first began. Still, when compared to even a moderately experienced priest, I'm a basket case in BGs, but thanks largely to your helpful replies and some BG practice, I'm far less of one now than I was at the beginning of my weekend. Again, with your help, I was able to gain five levels via fighting in the AV along with doing solo quests while waiting in the queue. In addition, I gained enough honor to fully kit myself in lvl 70 PvP gear (I know, I'm missing lots of gems, enchants, etc...). At the time of this post, it looks like my avatar hasn't fully updated, and still shows me at lvl 69 with a "green" item in my kit. During some of my AV low points, my thoughts were something like: "Crap, what icon goes to that healing spell! Found it - damn! (just as player dies) Bubbles, damn it, I need to be using bubbles! (said the same for dispells) Stupid cat druid! OK, I need to - oh, I'm dead." During some of my AV high points, my thoughts were something like: "My god, the enemy really hates me! Cool, they're all running away in fear (PS)! No one's healing the tank (who's on Drek) and he's almost dead! Quick - bubble, pennance! Yes! He's alive and all healthy now! Keep the heals on him - yay! We win!" Oh yes, and being thanked for heals was also great, and now that I'm seeing PvP through the eyes of a healer, I'll be much more diligent in thanking healers when playing as a feral druid. I feel that I am now on a much better path to learning this class. However, I still have a long way to go and will be making many future tweaks to my gear, playstyle, and UI. For instance, there's still a lot of spells in my tool kit that I still don't fully understand and hopefully through practice I'll begin getting a better feel for these. Again, a huge thanks to all of you for your kindly advice to this lowley and inexperienced priest! *makes a big seven-course dinner for everyone XOXO Levanna For those interested, the following was my original post: Hello Everyone, I'm a new disc priest who feels blind in a BGPvP environment. To begin addressing this, I have read an excellent guide to 4.3 Disc PvP in these forums, which provide a basis for Stats, Talents, Glyphs, Gear, etc... What I'm really struggling with is how to best operate in a BGPvP environment as a disc priest. I know my primary job is healing, and my secondary job is damage, but my inexperience in performing these is painfully obvious. I'm looking for advice or website recommendations for things like: Which spells should I priortize for healing, offence, and defence Best approaches for helping the team - for instance, do I simply rush in and look for team mates taking damage and heal them or are there other things to consider? What works best for those "oh sh#t" moments when I begin taking masses of damage or get CCed by one class of character or another Possible tips for optimizing my WoW UI Possible add-ons that could help in disc priest PvP Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. XOXO Levanna Edit: Cut and pasted my update to the top of this post.Levanna25 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Disc PvP Guide Could anyone point me in the direction of a good and updated Disc PvP guideGripstar1 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Your pre-expansion 5.0 talent tree? http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#p I'm playing around with a couple of things in my head. I'm trying to create a healing pvp spec. http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#p^= I decided that i really love mind control, I wanna keep it, and with a 1.5 second cast time, it will be a lot easier to get off. Shorter cast time = more reliable CC. Phantasm is a personal choice, its more of a personal-survival choice. I think I might end up getting Angelic Feathers later, since a speed buff every 10 seconds that stacks 3 times might come in handy if used right. I did not test it enough in beta to make my mind up. I can't decide between From Darkness Comes Light vs Mindbender. I like being in control of all of my cooldowns and abilities when healing, so I think I'm going to pick Mindbender, since I'll be able to control my mana flow a lot better. Next tier, hands down going to pick Spectual Guise. In-combat vanish. Purge + Spectual Guise would be amazing. I kind of wish I was a dwart now... Just so that I can combine Purge, Stoneform, and Spectual Guise for an almost guaranteed lasting vanish. My second choice would be Desperate Prayer, just because I like being in control of my cooldowns. for the level 75 tier I'm going to pick up Divine Insight. 40% chance to get an extra bubble when I penance is a big deal. 40% is a very high percentage. However, if I was a holy pvp priest, I would get Power Infusion, since Divine Insight seems pretty week from a holy pvp perspective. What are you guys planning on getting for your pvp or pve specs?Clianstin10 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Best in slot holy priests So i have been going around to websites and forums and asking players in game about their oppinions about BiS for Holy priests and this is the list i was able to come up with ( many of these lists have already been compiled....so im not the first to do it ) these are opinions but i believe these are good choices Hope this help some peeps out Head = Cowl of Dying Light from Crown of the Corrupted Conqueror Neck = Petrified Fungal Heart from Heroic Morchok Shoulder = Mantle of Dying Light from Shoulders of the Corrupted Conqueror Back = Woundlicker Cover From valor vendors in major city Chest = Robes of Dying Light from Chest of the Corrupted Conqueror Wrists = Bracers of the Banished from Heroic Hagara Hands = Gloves of Liquid Smoke from Heroic spine...You only need a 4 piece from your teir and it is highly recommeneded this is the item you change out Waist = Cord of the Slain Champion from Heroic Zon'ozz Legs = Legwraps of Dying Light from Leggings of the Corrupted Conqueror Feet = Janglespur Jackboots from Heroic Blackhorn Finger = Signet of Suturing from all bosses (except DW) on Heroic mode and Ring of the Riven from Heroic Hagara Trinkets = Heart of Unliving from Heroic Spine and Windward Heart from all bosses (except DW) on Heroic mode Two-Handed Weapon = Visage of the Destroyer from Heroic Blackhorn One-Handed Weapon = Maw of the Dragonlord from Heroic Madness Off-Hand = Ledger of Revolting Rituals From Heroic Ultra Wand = Finger of Zon'ozz from Heroic Zon'ozz Again i hope this helps out im not the best priest but im here to help out the best i can....GL peeps HORDE FTWTestify9 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Levitating madness So I just got the levitate spell, and as you can imagine I'm pretty excited. I love that spell. I got the glyph of levitate a while ago from a friend so it doesn't need a reagent too. But for some reason I can't cast it on other people. I can cast it on myself and it works fine though. Is the because of the glyph maybe? Or is it just a bug? Either way, is anyone else having this issue?Nadari3 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Best ally race for priest? (PVE) hi all, just wondering what the best race is for priests? will probably go shadow, but OS healsZåråh5 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Mind Control Broken? I've started my first priest (fun so far) and am levelling shadow. I only use Mind Control occasionally and when I do it doesn't seem to work. It controls the mob (PvE) ok but they won't obey. I get the new action bar and can move them around but they won't attack anything. Sometimes I get an "Invalid Target" error but other times I get nothing. The targets are the same level as me. The red nameplates are there so the mobs I'm trying to attack are definitely enemies. I can move the controlled target so the MC has worked (I also get the channel bar mid, bottom screen) but the actions don't do anything. When I mouseover a target I don't get the sword cursor, it's still the hand. Right clicking the mob does nothing. Is this a known issue? Can't find anything in search results. Am I doing something wrong? Figured I just cast it on a mob then attack things with them. Example: I'm at the beginning of Mt. Hyjal and doing the quest where you have to collect the shipment stuff the orcs are carrying, the orcs are accompanied by an ogre and another orc 'slavedriver'. Thought I could MC the orc, kill the ogre with him, then kill the orc myself when the MC wears off (or visa versa). But after I control either of them they just stand there without attacking, I can run them wherever I want (MC seems to have a distance restriction so too far and I break the MC) but I can't attack anything. Even tried attacking the beasts nearby - nothing works.Derriden3 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 SW: P and DP disc in pvp DP is longer and heals you. So is it ever worth it to use both dots at the same time for more damage, or can I just unbind sw:p?Jalaa6 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Make your own Tier armor. let have some fun here fellow priests..the goal is to make your very own tire armor bonuses taken from all the tier in the game but you must only take a 2p from all the knows 2p and 4p from all the know 4p set bonuses. so no taking 2 4piece bonuses. let see how creative we can all be.Tinytriage3 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Can u break Fiery Grip by lifegrip in spine? Well, seems like you can bubble or heal or pain suppression the gripped person... I am wondering if leap of faith will work on them?Elliss1 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Trinket help hello all, I'm having trouble deciding on which trinket to use. I currently have [item="will of binding" /] and [item="foul gift of the demon lord" /] . i just got the lfr [item="insignia of corrupted mind " /] and I thought I would replace the foul gift trinket with the insignia. I just looked at the Bis list and it list foul as being higher than insignia. My thoughts is that insignia would be better than foul due to having more int. and the proc is haste. What does the priest community recommend using. Thanks all for your helpSickfiend4 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 I oom way too fast. (Holy) No idea why. I think it's my talent build. I'm not sure. I've never experienced this on any other healer I've made, even in cata content. Infact, the pally I've just leveled never ooms, and she has mostly greens. Can someone help me though? I use greater heal or heal, renew on tank(and anyone taking significant damage), I don't use shield on the tank anymore though because I oom really fast when I use it regularly. I use the aoe chakra thing. Anything wrong with that? Also it might be my mana itself, but every other mana user I've seen(except prot pallies and enh shammies, ofc) have a similar amount of mana. I probably sound really stupid. >.>Beata12 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Inner Will Inner Will- A burst of Holy energy fills the caster, reducing the mana cost of instant cast spells by 15% and increasing your movement speed by 10%. You can only have Inner Will or Inner Fire active at a time. So quick question, and I apologize for the fact that I'm sure this has been addressed already; but how come you only get the 10% movement speed increase when you walk(/swim)? To me the way its worded means that you should get that extra 10% speed at all times, not just un-mounted... Just puttin it out there!Vyna1 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 How to get revelations to work with healbot? This is a great heal being instant and all but I can''t seem to get it to work with healbot...any tips guys? Thanks.. EDIT: Also does anyone ever use greater heal? Seems like kind of a waste imo, flash heal does almost as much and for about the same mana.Knalis3 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Gear Question. Lose 4 set for a heroic piece? I have the Mosswrought 410 shoulders. But I lose the 4 set because of my 410 glowing stone robe. Opinions? Lose the 4set and socket up the shoulders or which should I do? :) ThanksRehabilitate4 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Vampiric Dominance (MoP) According to wowhead: http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=112862 I'm not on beta, so this question is more for those already in the beta. Does the free heal go out to those near the person healed (target) or the healer (me)? What is the range of this free heal? (40 yrds or less?) Is there a cooldown on this ability or is it a buff I can keep up 100% of the time like inner fire?Browncöat4 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Disc Priest PvP Which BoA staff should a Disc Priest use for purely leveling 1-85 in PvP. Some people are telling me to use the Honor one because it gives Resilience but other people are telling me to use the Justice one because you do not need the hit from the Honor one? So I was just wondering what you all think. Thanks :)Predominant7 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 mana burn is dumb i hate mana burn /rageSennka10 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Shadow Priest Rotation Help! I have an 85 Shadow Priest, not fully geared yet. My iLvl is 353...I just started recently playing this toon also. so I tried going on noxxic.com, and priest sites about what stats to have and how to do the rotation. Whenever I try to follow the rotation, I always end up doing 4-6k dps...and I want to start doing the HoT dungeons but I'm afraid I'll get kicked for bad dps. Someone already said my dps sucks...they don't get that I'm trying to gear up because I think that's one of the problems my dps is low. I downloded DoTimer, and with that, I get confused and not sure what to do. So please...give me an easy website with a basic rotation to follow...or just try to tell me in your own words.<br/><br/>It'd be greatly appreciated.Prnsalbank6 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Shadow vs Heal Gear Question Howdy all :) This is my first Priest, and so far, it has been a blast to play... starting to think forward concerning gear choices now that my toon is level 60. Is there a major difference between the gear selection of Shadow vs Holy / Disc? If so, it may be time for me to hang up the Shadow talents, and focus on gearing for Holy (which would be the ultimate destination anyway). I must say that it would be nice if it were viable to use the same set of gear for each. Your thoughts on the matter are appreciated!Ilovefridays5 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Atonement is my new favorite thing. Just dinged 85 on this toon a couple of weeks ago, and I must say, AA/A has to be the best thing evar. I truly feel like a hybrid, throwing out a little bit of DPS to heal with. I love it! Glad to see it's sticking around for MoP, I may even switch mains :D Just had to say it :3Aegi3 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Holy priest's spirit in H spine? Hi holy priest, i understand that Spirit is a throughput stat for Holy but how much is enough? Is that worth to give up everything just for spirit (like 12.5% haste cap and mastery)? Would be appreciated that if u let me know that how much spirit are you running in H Spine as holy priest? and how you balance your spirit and other secondary stat?Elliss2 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Heroic Warmaster Help Can someone tell me what is going on wrong? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1qpyhas4cjdl4t9j/ I am trying to figure out why we can't down this boss. Please help!Anell7 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Interchangeable pvp gear? I haven't played WoW in a while and just reactivated my account. I am currently playing BGs to earn some honor for pvp gear. My problem is that I really enjoy playing all 3 specs: Holy, Disc and Shadow. All the gear available to me from the vendor is kind of overwhelming as I don't want to go down just one path, gear-wise. Is there a way to gear up by spending honor where I can use the same gear for all 3 specs? I really don't have the time (or patience) to earn 3 different sets. Any tips? Thanks!Pandóra1 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 HPS or Healing Done on Recount Hey so I'm new to healing, and I'm clearly terribly geared. I was just wondering what I should be more concerned about. I'm usually around 12k HPS but at the bottom of the healing charts for healing done during LFR. Is that good or is that bad. Also I'm at the bottom on overhealing done.Frit13 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 Dispersion Buff ok, dispersion is pretty much fine as is, but since Shadow Priests r losing Vampiric Embrace as a passive and its now a CD, we loose abit of our self healing we use to have (sure we can drop shadowform and heal, but thats counter productive sometimes) so an idea i had was to add a healing component to dispersion (i remember ages ago in a beta it use to heal aswell as give mana, so the idea isnt totally new) some thing like 6% health and mana each sec for 6secs, since u cant do much else during it other then move and u still take damage, just heaps reduced (and just for fun cos change the glyph, cos it isnt much fun at all, so that while dispersed u no longer restore health or mana, but do AoE shadow damage around yaself equal to 6% ur health :P)Seleno3 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 How much spell power is enough for pvp? I have googled and googled and also googled to figure this out but im coming up with blanks so i figured i would ask here... i just hit 85 about a half week ago and my SP is a little over 8k 10k with trinket but is this average? am i below average? currently i am only missing a few pieces of pvp gear so i know there is room to improve but how much? any shadow priest out there that can throw me some pointers about how much SP i need to aim for? if i use my trinket +2100 SP and dark archangel and the same time yes it feels like im dropping bombs with mindspikes sometimes hitting 25k non crits once MB and the 2 SW:D comes around it is usually over (if use the trinket and archangel of course) without them i feel like im throwing wet pasta at ppl. so with that said how much spell power should i have?Memeru2 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 Disc DPS at 90 Currently, in the Beta, how is Disc DPS sitting? I ask this because I enjoy having both healing specs but usually I'm specced shadow just to do dailies, etc.Gabrielus0 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 noob priest heeeeeeelp hey guys i am new to the priest and just wanted some feedback on this class.I have heard healing is hard at 85 with raiding and all,just wanted to know the over all feel of the class at 85 or even 90 for you beta testers out there for mop,is it fun playing a priest?how is mana management??how do priests do in pvp??? Is everyone satisfied with the way they look at 90?? I have a 85 hunter but not sure if i want to keep him as my main in mop,you'r feedback would be appreciated.Sendolar5 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 New LIghtwell Glyph/Priest talents Will Anyone be using the new Lightwell glyph that makes it auto heal people under 50% health? I might, unless my guild/raids decide to start using the lightwell as much as Id like them too. Discuss? :O Also Im liking the new spells/talents that are being introduced in MoP, mainly because they are new and interesting :DKahnon8 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 MoP 3s Thoughts Ret/Shadow/Frost Would like to hear some feedback from some Shadow Priests. On paper this looks to be the easiest comp to run and be succesful with the changes to Ret and Shadow uttility (cc in the case of shadow). All 3 have good Defense, Shadow/Ret to Offheal as well and Frost and Shadow both have Absorbs with PW:S being able to be semi-spammable. This is prolly what you will be seeing a lot of in MoP imo not that all classes dont bring something good to the table now in 3s there are a lot of good classes/specs now but this is a pretty easy comp to get together since these are the 3 most played classes p.s. ShadowFrost will almost be a staple since Locks are hard to find on some servers, even without ret in this 3s comp a standard shadowfrost or shadowburn is going to be pretty standard now with either a melee or druid/hunter. thats if ppl dont want to find a lock but spriest is a simple fix now if folks cant get a lock for 3sDunpeale2 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Weapon question... So, i won the 410 Vagaries of Time last night. I play swing heals for my raid team, Shadow/Disc. I have the 403 Vithrak and Maw. Maxdps.com lists Vagaries as being better for each spec, but I don't know how much they take procs into consideration. Is Maw always better for disc? is Vithrak only better on Shadow if there's a lot of aoe? Should I just leave my 410 Vagaries on all the time? Any help you guys could give me would be great. Thanks.Jinova1 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Shadow PVP Play Style Guide? Hello, It's been years since I have played my priest. I have recently re-activated my account and want to play Shadow in BGs while leveling from 80-85. I haven't been able to find an up to date guide on spell usage and general play style. Anyone have a link or any tips? Much Appreciated!Mejis24 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Disc Help Hi everyone, I've been leveling up a priest with my mage friend over the past month, primarily to prepare for MoP, but we're also going to raid/pvp a bit at 85. I've only played on and off since LK got released, and I still feel like I'm lagging behind a bit. So anyways, I'm just going to list off a strand of questions I have. If you can help out with any or all, I'll number the questions, so feel free to give any input you may have. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 1. Talents and Glyphs As I want to play this character in MoP, I am using the AA/A build that will (as of now) be used. Here are the builds I'm using now. Let me know if you see any issues with the talents or glyphs: PvE Tank Healing http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbfoMochM:qcmdqa0MV PvE Raid Healing http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbcoMocuZh:cmVdqa0MV PvP http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbforocdMZ0b:moqroqzVm 2. Stat Priority I've seen three stat priorities that people consider viable for PvE, but I was wondering if there has been one found to be most effective. For PvE Intellect > Spirit > Haste Rating > Mastery Rating > Critical Strike Rating Intellect > Spirit > Mastery Rating > Critical Strike Rating > Haste Rating Intellect > Spirit > Mastery Rating > Haste Rating > Critical Strike Rating And for PvP: Intellect > Resilience > 195 Spell Pen > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste 2b. Also, back in BC I had a spreadsheet that calculated dps based on gear, thus allowing me to insert raid drops to see if my dps would improve. Is there any spreadsheet or website now for healing, specifically disc priests that could calculate the same sort of thing. In other words, if I get two similar pieces of gear, how do I know which one is better if it is not immediately apparent. I've seen AskMrRobot and WoWReforge for reforging/enchants. Is one better than the other? This is primarily what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure it's reliable: http://www.maxdps.com/priest/discipline.php 3. Addons, Macros, and Keybinds 3a. Addons and Macros What addons would you reccomend for Disc Healing? The main one I am used to seeing is Healbot Continued, but I also see people who use mouseover macros for everything. Is one more efficient than the other? I don't have a complex mouse, so that is my only concern for Healbot, as I would not have a ton of mouse buttons to use (just 3 I think). The mouseover macros seem interesting, but I honestly have no idea how to create them. Any and all help on this item would be great. 3b. Keybinds On a more technical note, how do you guys bind your keys for both PvE and PvP. I was strongly considering re-binding wasd to esdf as my movement keys. It seems worthwhile, as it would open up a lot of binds on the left and right of my hand. And a last specific question, I see people who play PvP seriously have usually three movement buttons bound, typically wad or esf. I assume they are forward, strafe left, and strafe right. How can you move around like this? I assume this is a dumb question, but I would like to PvP on a higher level, so I think this is somewhat important. Again, I do PvE and PvP, so anything is appreciated. I hope this doesn't look like I have just gone onto the forums without searching. I have done a lot of research over the last month, and these are just the remaining questions I have. Thanks for the time.Balna17 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 spriest Haste % Soryü2 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Haste % My haste % went from 30.12% to 23.92% but I still have the same 2601 haste rating self buffed. Can anyone explain this?Soryu2 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 WTB suggestions; Retadin or Spriest? Hey guys, so my core raid group is starting up an alt group to start practicing raiding so we can jump right in when we hit 90 in mop. My question is, who should I bring, my Ret pally or my spriest? I'll like playing both of them equally, so it's not a "play whatever one you like better" debate. I want to know which one is preforming better right now dps and and raid utility wise in the beta. Given that Mop is less than 2 months away, we can presume that we are getting pretty close to how things are going to be once it hit live, so for those of you in beta with a fair amount of experience with either of these classes, please fell free to leave a response below. Thanks for any help! P.S. Even if you believe that things can and might still change drastically before mop goes live, don't let that deteriorate you from leaving a comment with you thoughts on how things are right now. For the sake of the arguement, lets say I have priest healer and a boomy dps in my group, as well as a holy pally healer.Topbro3 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Best priest professions? Im starting a priest and i was wondering what would be the most useful profession end game.Deceptionz4 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Draenei or Worgen Priest? Choose for me Priest Forums, I can't decide Pandaria is coming out and I want an Ally Character for it. I don't play as femalesCarlostevez7 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 looking for some guidance I healed my first heroic last night and everything seemed to go okay but I have a few questions. When the whole party took alot of damage I was confused about what healing spell I should use to get everyone healed back up. Do we have any aoe heals? I just used my greater heal/ penanace to get everyone back up but that seemed to be time consuming and not very mana efficient. My second question is should I be doing holy fire/smite to get my archangel to proc? seems kind of a waste of time for me to be dps'ing when I should be healing. Also not sure about what I should be reforging, suggestions would be appreciated but more concerned with which spells I should be using for now. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Stoked/simpleGreltroz2 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Looking for some disc priest wisdom in pvp Hello dear priest community, I just wanted to ask for some input from the more seasoned disc priest out here. I just recently dinged to 85 and bought every single blue piece of pvp I could get, but in BGs I feel hopeless even if just one dps focus me, specially nasty arms warriors and dks, once I blow up my fear it is game over for me. My question is, do disc priest are squishy on BGS? or it is just my gear gap combined with lack of experience? would it get better as I farm the full ruthless or the squishy feeling is still there? It is just that playing on my resto druid in pve gear I felt that I had more survivability that with this priest, was just wondering which one to gear up to have some fun at random BGs and wanted to seek some opinions on state of disc priest. In advance thank you for your time.Helbot3 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Shadow Rotation and DPS This is my first ever shadow priest, and i love it. However, i am having trouble with my DPS. i cant seem to get over 25k on certain fights. I raid dragonsoul every week, and i have shadow priest dot timer which i follow almost flawlessly. Is it my gear? Maybe i have to much spirit going on? Also i use ReforgeLite to reforge my gear. Please help! Thanks.Ihealyøu5 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Haven't healed since December... Doesn't look like much has changed, I recently came back and rolled a mage with the help of scroll of res. and have been just dps'n LFR's and pugs with the occasional normal DS runs with friends. I decided to start healing again, Holy's my main spec, I barely know anything about disc yet other then what I've read. I'm sticking with holy for now, I used to be a clicker but I have switched to mouseover macros for my heals so I think I should gain a little hps. I was normally top heals for most of our FL raids and DS when we started. I use the bliz raid frames Check my gear out and see if I am missing anything, I don't think I should but you never know. (glyphs etc.) Hopefully nothing has changed much in 7 months. haha.Constantyne1 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 What do you guys want from Shadow Priests? In MoP, I want something like the warlock's metamorphis, but meh, what do you guys want?Càs25 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Glyph of Shadow is unfinished! Well not so much the glyph but rather Dark Archangel & Shadowy Apparitions. I'm sure this has been brought up before but... Is it too much to ask that the "Wings" and Apparitions match our Shadowform when we take the Glyph of Shadow? This seems really lazy and unfinished design to me. I guess it would kinda be like if you took Glyph of Mirror Image (as a Mage) but Blizzard was too lazy to bother to change the spell effects on your Images. So yeah, C'mon Blizzard finish this stuff up it looks bad! - it's at least as important as Locks getting green fire imo :) edit - meant to post on my Spriest, oh well :) cheersSnowfawl3 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Ahh! So many weapon choices In my arsenal, I have so far (in increasing iLvl): Visage of the Destroyer Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time Scalpel of Unrelenting Agony Unfortunately, the only thing I have to go with the dagger is Demonic Skull. What weapon choice do you guys think would be best for an A/AA Disc priest? Thanks!Celaanassa4 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Holy pvp videos on twitch Hey all. I'm new to twitch.tv but check out some videos I posted earlier this evening. did some bg's and arena match. Enjoy the videos. www.twitch.tv/apalmes I'll work on getting sound and webcam action if anyone shows interest in how to run this niche spec and have fun.Longinus0 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 26, 2012 Shadow Priest Rotation Help! I have an 85 Shadow Priest, not fully geared yet. My iLvl is 353...I just started recently playing this toon also. so I tried going on noxxic.com, and priest sites about what stats to have and how to do the rotation. Whenever I try to follow the rotation, I always end up doing 4-6k dps...and I want to start doing the HoT dungeons but I'm afraid I'll get kicked for bad dps. Someone already said my dps sucks...they don't get that I'm trying to gear up because I think that's one of the problems my dps is low. I downloded DoTimer, and with that, I get confused and not sure what to do. So please...give me an easy website with a basic rotation to follow...or just try to tell me in your own words. It'd be greatly appreciated.Prnsalbank19 Jul 26, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Haste, Mastery...>.< Do I have it completely backwards? I recently got my hands on nifty addon called Reforginator and it had me Reforge away pretty much all of my Haste to...Crit and Mastery I believe it was. I did as was told, but when I went to heal a dungeon my casting speed was significantly slower and people were dying. Maybe it was a bad group...I'm not sure. When reforging, I usually went towards Haste for the speed and Mastery for the Absorption Spell bonuses, but is that wrong? I know Noxxic says Mastery Mastery Mastery, but what good is the Absorption Bonus if your spell casting is to slow to get the bubbles up in time? Any words of advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.Indilee11 Jul 25, 2012
Jul 25, 2012 Spriest and being asked to offheal So I rolled a Shadow Priest and I managed to level her up to 78. I really enjoy the play style and find the dot-based dps a lot of fun. Where i'm concerned is when I hit 85 and eventually MoP I'm going to be asked to heal. I don't like healing. In fact I despise it. Did I put myself at a disadvantage for rolling a class just for one spec? Should I have rolled a Warlock instead? I feel a raid would see the value of a Warlock as a specialist with specific types of buffs where a Spriest will only be seen as expendable unless that particular person is willing to heal on certain fights. Should I just scrap the Spriest and head for the Warlock side of the fence?Koopo9 Jul 25, 2012