Priest

Oct 1, 2012 Simcraft Dps Numbers Currently from what I have seen the numbers for T14 no gems ect put us at around 87k. The questioin I have is how accurate is Simcraft usually? And is this what I can expect for numbers when I get to level 90? And what are other's thoughts on this to low or ok spot to be?Rotticus2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Ghost Iron Dragonling Just a general question here, is this trinket basically amazing for every single person right now? I'm currently using the Int/chance on hit haste trinket from brewfest and the alchemy stone and was wondering if doing the 600 cogwheels for something like haste/spirit/hit would be worth it?Lelliana5 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Divine Star tooltip wording misleading So I was just playing around with tier 90 talents, and divine star is working differently than what the tooltip says. Tool tips reads, and I quote: Fires a divine star infront of you, traveling 24 yards, causing 9102 damage to all enemies, and 9102 healing to all allies within 6 yards of its path. After reaching its destination it will return to you, also dealing damage an healing to all targets within its path. Went to Dwarven district and started testing it out, then went into the crowded auction house and tested it out. Healing is SPLIT between all targets. It was criting and causing my divine aegis with only a 2k heal while inside the auction house. With the way its worded, it makes it sound like it will deal 9k healing/damage to everything it hits, and this is simply NOT the case.Pradaxa6 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 leveling spec? Hey, I am trying to pick a secondary class to help with questing damage/leveling stuff. Is Disc or Shadow more powerful for taking down enemies quickly? Which one is best? I am usually Holy when doing dungeons etc for healing but was looking for something for easier killing of mobs etc. in levelingPacketstorm6 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Holy or Disc for levelling in dungeons Hi folks What's the current easier to learn spec for baby priests?Luvmoney2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Weapon chant? (Shadow PvP) Windsong or Elemental Force?Niks0 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Disc PVP Major Issues (from a casual player) Zelyx, r1 and 3k dpriest, has made a post recently about how dpriest needs some changes to be competitive in PVP. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6678688887 Zelyx plays on another level than most people, so I would imagine they think on another level than most people too. That must be why very low skilled players can't seem to understand he/she is saying. Being on the level of a casual/really good low skilled player, maybe this will easier to understand for some of the people at my level. At the time Cata was first released, disc was horrible. They had bad mana issues. Horrible survivability, which I consider being able to kite and being able to be ripped on by dps for like 5-10s till help arrives. The heals seemed as though they did nothing to myself and nothing to my friends. My friends kept telling me "go shadow man what are you doing?" But, I just kept waiting going, they are gonna change it and fix it soon. After a long time with no changes I switched to shadow finally. Then after I had been shadow for a while they made some changes to disc to make it relevant once again. This was a very bad situation for a casual player. I had teams all ready to go once Cata started. We had finally found a good mage. We had previously gotten to 2115 in threes with mages that didn't use frostfire orb, saying that the spell did nothing. They would literally blink out into the open and try to chain frostbolts, with no regaurd to anything. Like a lower level mage in a dungeon or something, idk what they were doing. For w/e reason, lol sarcasm, the players I set up to play with didn't care to wait months for the disc changes. They went and found different healers. The first half of Cata went like this for me- 1. Just wait they will fix it, I'll just gear up as fast as they can. And then hook up with those guys and rip it up in arena. Maybe get 2200 :) 2. What's going on? They didn't fix it yet, man it's been a while. 3. W/e I just want to play some games with people and not be a gimpy character in WoW. Guess I'll go shadow then. 4. Ah no shadow gear and I don't know what I'm doing. I will grind out the gear and figure out how to be a dps. 5. Nice I suck at shadow but I have the gear for it and am learning. I'm probably only a 1600+ player now, no one to group with, /facepalm 6. Ah they fixed disc finally, I can go back. 7. Guess I will try to relearn disc and grind out some disc gear, woot. (keep in mind with the changes of seasons, you can gear someone out and then within a month have to do it again) As you can see from a casual players point of view, it was horrible. This made me not enjoy playing wow as much. I stopped playing much at all and only was online for a couple hours a week. The players themselves should be responsible for not achieving their goals in a game. It should never be that the game is preventing people from having fun and not achieving what they want. That is the main problem that casual dpriest are going to have if changes are not made soon.Mindblasterx8 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 God I miss self dispels...... as a die hard shadow pvp fan its like missing a arm........not having self dispels hurts =/Ultimatefist4 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Vampiric Touch - No Dispel protection? I didn't realize it until right now when dueling my Resto druid friend for fun. He dispelled my VT and nothing happened to him, i happened to be in vent with him at the same time, and i was like "uh...... wait.... Dispel this" and so i recasted it on him, and he dispelled it, not a single thing happened to him..... Now...... Unstable Affliction from Warlocks still has dispel protection, it Still does around 40k damage when dispelled and it still Silences the target for 4 seconds. why do we have NO protection anymore on ours?Teárs4 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Shadow scaling values Has anyone worked them out? Just looking around, most people are suggesting haste > hit > crit > mastery (with no specific scaling values), but Simcraft is disagreeing with that and saying hit > crit = haste > masteryYenpanda9 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Disc is broken, but hows holy? So I have played disc for years now and I have never ever played holy maybe other then to try it. I have always liked disc, but now its just unplayable and I was curious if holy is still doing pretty well or even or even close to even with other healers. I 3 bars from hitting 90 and I'm wanting to know if I should just stay shadow or if holy would be good to go for.Chrônic26 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Cascade PvP Gotta love this spell. It's random in damage but hey extra damage is extra damage. I just kinda launch it on cooldown and hope for the best. I guess once we get some real gear it will truly start to shine. I like Halo too but I"m enjoying Cascade more.Kardona2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Shadow Priest PvP Hey all, I was just wondering which would be more effective in BGs. 1. MB, MS Spam or 2. Applying DoTs, MB & MF.Héäls2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Can you double dip Contender's? For the extra resil and power?Hexxin2 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Priestly MoP observations and suggestions A lot of this is my opinion based on what I've seen while leveling, questing, dpsing, and healing in heroics. Some of it is bugs. A lot of it is what has been said now by many priests for quite awhile now. Feel free to post your own suggestions and comments. General Void Shift’s cooldown is way too high. I’d like to see the spell changed so that it balances out you and your target’s health to a 50/50 ratio. It would still pretty much do the same thing but you can’t grief with it as much and it would warrant a 2-3min cooldown which would mean we could use it more often. Return Holy Nova and Shadow Word: Death to their original forms. Give Holy and Discipline back access to either Mind Blast or Spike or both. Add Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope, and Mind Flay to the Penance glyph. Allow for Power Word: Shield’s duration to be 30 sec for the Priest only, 15 sec is far too short. Discipline and Holy goes through mana way too fast and are having a hard time in BGs and Heroics. Attempting to cast PW:Shield with weakened soul on seems to be slightly bugging. It use to be where if you tried to do this you'd get a message saying "You cannot do this yet" or something along those lines. Now your mouse curser lights up and you have to cancel out of it or you can't cast anything. Discipline Inner focus Glyph should be baked into Inner Focus by default Holy Having to choose between a 15% boost in AoE Healing or a 15% boost in single target healing is very silly. Give us access to both Holy Word spells at all times and adjust our healing accordingly. Divine Insight’s Prayer of Mending seems to override any existing Mending on an ally. Holy Word: Sanctuary’s duration and cooldown should be nearly equal. Shadow Shadow should have a way to easily refresh dots or Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch could use a duration increase. Or at least return Mind Flay's SW:Pain refresh mechanic. Mind Flay is a joke. It would be cool if it could spread or refresh dots. Mind Blast being the only way to generate Shadow Orbs feels clunky. While leveling or doing dailies, it would be nice to have at least one guaranteed Devouring Plague per target. I’d would be nice if killing a target with Shadow Word: Death would grant 2 shadow orbs. That way on your next mob, one Mind Blast would give you 3 orbs at the very start. Casting Mind Blast and Devouring Plague with 3 orbs at the same time does not generate an orb. Divine Insight’s free Mind Blast should not trigger Mind Blast's cooldown. Talents Shadow Word: Insanity is not needed and I was never a fan of Power Word: Solace. Spectral Guise needs drastically improved and DoTs should not count as 3 direct attacks. Other suggestions would be to give a 3 sec window where we cannot be seen or attacked, or turn it into a feign death like ability that drops combat. Power Infusion and Twist of Fate are horrible talents. The potential to replace these crappy talents with something fun and interesting is super intriguing. Divine Insight needs a UI alert for Discipline and Holy Holy and Discipline priests see Shadow's Divine Insight UI alert when we use Shadow Word: Pain which is annoying. Divine Star is very weak and awkward to use because of its movement path. I’d like to suggest that it move towards the selected target and do more damage. That way it could be a little more single target oriented for shadow since all 3 level 90 talents fail in that aspect.Senari0 Oct 1, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Suggestions to Improve Disc Disc Priest seems to be one of the weaker healing classes right now for a variety of reasons. Disc Priest mana and survivability should be improved. In battlegrounds we go oom very fast and it is very difficult to survive burst. Here are my ideas to improve the spec. Reduce the cooldown of Mass Dispel to 10 seconds and the mana cost down from 13% base. Increase the cooldown on Spectral Guise and increase its effectiveness as a defensive ability. Maybe a certain amount of time in which the stealth cannot be broken 2-3 seconds. Make the silence immunity of Inner Focus a part of the spell by default instead of having a glyph. The glyphs for mass dispel, desperation, sw:d, and inner focus are all very important to disc PvP and you will be missing one currently. Reduce the cooldown of Void Shift to 4 minutes. Currently it is at 6 which makes it a longer cd than divine shield... I do like void shift but the cooldown is painfully long. I would love to hear what you all think of my proposed changes. Post what you think or any ideas you would like to see changed for Disc PvP.Bystander2 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Cataclysm Holy Basics Guide (4.3) --- DISCLAIMER: YES, THIS WILL BE CONSISTENTLY UPDATED --- Video Guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKBCXLV-hsQ Hey there! In this guide I'll cover everything you need to know about holy priest talents, gearing choices, gemming and basic spell usage and rotations. This guide is up to date as of patch 4.3., and some info may become irrelevant or even false in the future. Priests are the only class capable of healing that has not one, but two talent trees dedicated to healing. Currently, discipline priests can adapt to fill any role and have strong prevention spells while holy priests mostly fill the niche of raid healers. For that, we have a wide array of tools, but the healing spells you'll most commonly use are: * Chakra * Prayer of Mending * Prayer of Healing * Circle of Healing * Lightwell * Heal * Greater Heal * Renew * Holy Word: Serenity/Sanctuary * Guardian Spirit * Life Grip * Divine Hymn * Hymn of Hope * Inner Fire Those should have spots on your main action bar and be easily accessible. Less commonly used but good to keep keybound and memorized are: * Binding Heal * Flash Heal * Power Word: Shield * Desperate Prayer * Inner Will It is worth mentioning that Binding Heal and Flash Heal are very fast healing spells that provide a lot of throughput quickly, but they will drain your mana pool very fast. Binding Heal provides great HPM (healing per mana), but do watch your mana pool when using it a lot. The game mechanics have changed a lot from Wrath. Blanket-healing (a term used to describe the steady application of HoTs to counter bosses' raid-wide aura damage) is a thing of the past. No current bosses have aura mechanics, instead you're presented with big burst damage that typically gives you a longer time frame to heal your group members back up. This encourages slower, more efficient heals such as the ones mentioned in the first tier above, whereas the fast heals should be saved for emergencies. Another thing that slows healing down considerably is the fact that health pools have increased by a lot, while the base healing of healing spells hasn't increased by that much, which results in healers having to heal more to replenish someone's whole health pool. It is important to remember not to panic when you see someone's health pool drop drastically (unless that someone is the tank, then it's ok to panic) and instead start healing your raid back up in an efficient manner. Mana conservation while keeping your raid alive is key to successful priest healing. ==Spells== (average gear in this part refers to an in-game average gearscore of roughly 350) The new mechanic in Cataclysm that really is a niche unique to Holy Priests is Chakra. Chakra seems like a complex mechanic at first glance, but once you get the hang of it it's really easy and fun to use. Once Chakra is activated (it works much like Inner Focus in that it affects the next compatible spell that you cast and will stay active without duration or triggering a cooldown until you use one of them), you can use it with either Heal, Prayer of Healing&Prayer of Mending or Smite. Depending on which spell you choose to activate Chakra with, you will get a buff to certain spells while your Chakra state is active. The Chakra cooldown is 30 seconds, and its duration is one minute. On top of the passive buff, if you take the talent "Revelations" your Holy Word: Chastise will change into a different spell depending on which Chakra state you enable. When entering Serenity "Heal" Chakra state, your direct healing spells such as Heal, Flash Heal and Greater Heal will have 10% additional crit chance and casting them will refresh the Renew duration provided Renew has been cast on the target. The "Heal" Chakra state will enable Holy Word: Serenity, which is an instant but relatively small heal that also increases your critical strike chance on that target by 25% for 6 seconds. This Chakra state will be your bread and butter spell in 5-man instances, heroics and quite a few 10-man raids. When entering Sanctuary "Prayer of Healing" Chakra state, all of your AoE healing spells will heal for 15% more and your Circle of Healing cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds (from 10 seconds down to 8). The "Prayer of Healing" Chakra state will enable Holy Word: Sanctuary, which is a targetable AoE heal that heals each person within it for roughly ~600-900 health every 2 seconds for 18 seconds (9 ticks). The healing effect will be reduced if more than 6 targets benefit from Sanctuary.Aliena235 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Void Shift > Walk around low health > Notice boomkin has 10 adds on him, AOEing > Inv him to group > Void Shift him > Leave group > Cy@Rookie0 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Atonement available level I wonder if the tooltips in the spell book is bugged or something. I'm only level 38, and I already have Atonement healing. I think I just got it at 38. But, the spell book says requires level 60. I'm certainly happy to have it, but I really thought it would be available until much later.Jesmie1 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 DPS help. Hey everyone I am new to shadow and was wondering what good dps is for a level 83 ilvl 274. honeslty right now im only doing like 6800dps right now in the dungeons. any tips to raise this or is this good for my crappy gear? thanks.Sàaint2 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 90 PvP Gear (Disc) Hey guys for the 90 PvP gear should I for the most part be going all satin? ThanksUndetectable3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Level 90 Talents --- Shadow PvP Edit: I am awesome. That is all.Grimshady6 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Mists starting area With my poor gear, can I go quest there?Cathrane3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 mind sear underperforming? seems like im always outdone in AOE dps from everyone. anybody else think that mindsear is underperforming?Beautifful11 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Trinket selection help I cannot decide between these trinkets, what do you guys think? #1 http://www.wowhead.com/item=81192/vision-of-the-predator #2 http://www.wowhead.com/item=87573/thousand-year-pickled-egg #3 BoE Trinket with 600 haste,600 crit,600 spiritGregorh3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 A Honest Thread Needing Honest Advice, hey guys, im no pro, iv'e played since BC days, (2009), yes i do raid, but the sort where i managed to clear 25m ToC, naxx, etc, took a break when icc was the raid to be in, and just came back around 3 weeks ago. So iv'e noticed my dps seems to struggling as shadow, i dont even bother trying to compete in AoE as even with my minimal knowledge it seems nigh on impossible to, my single target "rotation" goes something like; SW:p, VT (keeping both on target) mind blast when up, devouring plague with 3 orbs, mind flay filling the gaps, and shadow word death when available. now questions, should i wait for 3 orbs, or keep DP up even if i just have one orb? , also is the insta-mind spike proc, one i should be using all the time? or is it a dps loss?. any other advice? please dont tell me my gear sucks etc, as it is just questing gear, im looking for a steady way to dps in 5 mans etc, which in a way will be practice when i get round to raiding, thanks for any non-troll answers. Ewb.Ewb9 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Hello fellow priestzorz I'm looking for a macro that will contain both holy fire and smite, but will prioritize holy fire when it is off cooldown. I'm really bad at these things D: I initiatlly tried /cast holy fire, but it would use holy fire and would never cast smite. /cast smite I then tried /cast smite , but it would only use holy fire AFTER the smite landed and was on /cast holy fire a gcd. How do :(? Also, while we are here, what addons do you guys use to track cds?Mishakal3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Healing a Monk tank, need advice I've been running MoP dungeons with a regular group of a Monk tank, Mage, Warlock and we usually pug an extra. We've been able to clear everything with small problems along the way. We are all 90 now. Here's my problem: Our tank is great when he's in a one-on-one fight. I rarely need to do much. But when he starts tanking 3 or more mobs, he's taking a beating. I'll set him up with a mending, shield, and a renew when the fight starts. But he'll take ~200k damage in the first 15 seconds of a multi-mob pull. We tried to run Direbrew today, and I couldn't heal through the damage. I was spamming greater heal, flash when surge of light procced, mending, and serenity when it was up. I'll heal him to full, but if I try to mitigate the group damage with any type of long casting heal, the tank is down 100k by the time I get back to him, and then it's catch up unless I get a crit greater. Eventually I go oom and we wipe. What else can I be doing??Zuldexx3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Do I need to chase Spirit on gear? I created this priest a week or so ago. It's my first straight healer spec. I have a high level mage and paladin, so I am familiar with how Spirit works, or at least how it used to work before MOP. I would occasionally seek extra Spirit on those toons in order to have a larger mana pool. Now, however, mana pools are capped and having Spirit only seems to increase mana regeneration. I hadn't run into any problems with mana regeneration until the last couple of days. I ran out of mana during an intense battle in which I was constantly healing and shielding everyone. I was like, "Hey how come my character isn't healing?? I'm pressing the right buttons!!" ....lol. It that point I wondered if I need to be chasing Spirit aggressively or continuing to focus on intellect items. Which is more important? Intellect or Spirit? Intellect increases critical strike, which I am assuming carries over to healing spells. Spirit is only for mana regeneration now??Avraline2 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Priest is potentially the worst class atm This is ridiculous. This shouldn't have gotten out of beta; the state of Priest is so bad that I don't even know what to say. Shadow, in particular, is a gigantic pile of crap. It's horrible. Our DPS is one of the (possibly the?) lowest of all classes and specs. Our AoE is virtually non-existent, because it's so low. In PvP, melee classes basically gib us. There's no time for our (already low) sustained damage with how high burst is right now, even with the full blue PvP set. Resilience might make this better, but it won't be enough until the next season, at least, unless changes are made. I'm not even going to get into Disc; it's worse than bad, especially in PvP.Yenkitty27 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Shadow PVP question.. Just dinged 90 and haven't really pvp'd much in the past on my Shadow Priest. I have enough Spirit of Harmony to tailor the entire PVP set and I am wondering which is the best for Shadow Priest? Thanks,Thalan1 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Tier 13 2 Piece @ 90? Currently it's worth 6K MP5, not sure the calculations for spirit at the moment, but do you guys feel it's still very powerful?Gobed1 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Halo Max Range Calculation is Wrong I created a bug report if everyone can please post in it, so we can get this fixed. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712712994 Thank you ...Spinalcrack12 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 i just have to know.. How are you priest getting your item level up after hitting 90 so that you can do heroics. It's seems the 87-90 dungeons drop very little cloth if none at all.Øji5 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Shadow in challenge modes This is a complete joke. By far the most useless class in the game. Without viable AoE, and the high amount of time it takes for us to get our damage up, we're completely worthless. No decent group will take a Shadow Priest to challenge modes. For example, we tried the Jade Temple challenge mode, and couldn't down the last boss. Why? Because my DPS on the shadows was atrocious. By the time I put up my DoTs, the one being focused is already dead. If I spam Mind Spike, I do terrible DPS. If I AoE, I do terrible DPS. No matter what I do, we lose. This needs to be addressed. Shadow has way too many problems.Yenkitty3 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Halo Halo is a great idea for a spell and very fun to use and a great mechanic behind it. However, i have found it to be difficult to use when there is any deviation in the terrain such as boss is on a small platform and it will not heal the tank or melee dps. also if you are standing on a hill it can be difficult to get it to hit everyone in your party. It would also be nice to have a glyph where we could remove the damage portion so I don't keep pulling groups lolCamdinn9 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 int gems vs. haste gems So this is probably a stupid question, but I could not find an answer for it anywhere: Why are we still using the +160 int gems over the +320 haste gems by default? The reckless (+80 int, +160 haste) gems are being used in yellow sockets and not red sockets. Shouldn't it be the other way around?Wew2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Holy Priest Spirit I'v been seeing a lot of things saying to get spirit at all costs. Does anyone have an idea what a comfortable range of spirit for raiding will be? If there is a piece of gear with a red 60 int bonus, should we be putting in a spirit gem? or a red gem to match the socket?Làrem4 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Penance nerf? I've been leveling a disc priest and yesterday my penances were critting for about 10-12k and non critting for around 6-7k. This morning I log on and penance is critting for like 4k and non critting for 1.8-2k. Was there some giant nerf I didn't hear about? I looked around but couldn't find anything about it. Was there some sneaky nerf implemented this morning?Gnerds79 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 MoP Disc DPS/Healing Hey guys, For my whole life as a priest I've been shadow. Dot's here, dot's there, blah blah blah. Of late, with Pandaria, I've wanted to give Disc a go. Unfortunately all the guides I have seen has been end game specs. I've tried Elitist Jerks, Howtopriest, etc but there has been nothing for leveling/dungeon's and not endgame. I'll be honest. I'm a bit uncertain about the basic rotation/mechanics of a Disc priest . Also addon/macro's. Again, at most I want to do LFR, dungeons and with MoP leveling ease/comfort. Any help would be appreciated.Reknall2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Help me get the lowdown on Disc/Atonement I checked, no sticky for Disc/Atonement builds. So first off, if there's any guides that maybe should be stickied please let me know. Second to that - I'm curious about specific rotations, talents, glyphs, and gearing. One reason I love these forums is I know there's always priests here who know more than me. There's also lurkers who might be reading as well. So just assume I know nothing at all about it! Anything you can contribute would be appreciated. Help me priesties you're my hymn of hope!Snowfox36 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Shadow Word: pain I was wondering if there was a macro that allowed you to put Shadow Word: pain on multiple targets. anyone share it?Cacophony2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Disc pvp is no longer viable. Despite the fact that we get trained, in the new bgs where there are always massive battles going on because of the close quarters, you're oom in 30 seconds then done.Hexxin3 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Reflective Shield Glyph Does it really reflect 45% of all damage that I take while my PW: Shield is up or is it a different portion in PvP? Also is it for both melee and ranged damage? Is there any use for Glyph of Dark Archangel other than looks when using DP?Jëcht1 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Back on WoW after a long dry spell.... wtf. Damn this game has changed a lot since WotLK. Anyway I renewed my account today and had a friend "resurrect" me, so now I have an 80 priest. I had a 55 priest back when I used to play so I know the basics. I just had a couple questions: First off, what should I do as far as speccing discipline? I was told this is the leveling spec but i'm still not sure. Back when i played there was a talent tree. Not exactly sure when blizz got rid of that but okay I can deal. Secondly, what's a good spell rotation for killing in PvE (with discipline ((or whatever spec you're going to suggest to me)))? and what is a good way to keybind with priests? any addons I should get? and Lastly, just any tips you might have that will make playing a priest easier... like i said, this game has changed a bit since I last played. I forgot a lot of shortcuts and random facts about the game. Thanks in advance!Macdonwald2 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Something like Powa, but DoT remaining time? Is there some sort of addon like Power Auras, with the ability to show something when a DoT has a certain time left? i.e. I'd like to see when VT has 4 seconds or SW:P has 3 seconds left. Power Auras doesn't seem to be able to do this.Yenkitty4 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 About quest rewards So, I was told by my guildies (and have read in forums as well) that quest rewards change depending in your current spec. Does anyone know if this also applies to priests or not? I switched my spec from shadow to holy several times and didn't see a difference in the rewards. I know that both specs can basically use the same gear, but I was expecting to see more spirit gear when in holy.Therdre4 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Halooops I pulled Please make Halo not hit mobs you're not currently in combat with, this was a problem with Starfall before with druids and was fixed, yes? DPS OR healing in dungeons currently a large percentage of the time I can't risk using Halo during trash (in the future possibly some bosses as well) for fear of accidentally pulling 3 extra packs of mobs. If you tell me to simply not use Halo if there are other mobs within 30 yards, you're just being argumentative for the sake of arguing, cause there's no reason not to change this and you know it.Darkwîng6 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Disc healing dungeons at 87 & mana I know that mana issues seem to be a big topic and I was wondering what really changed to make me go oom so fast, is it the hard mana cap? I raid healed as disc with not a single Lana issue, only in the death wing fight if the other healer was in subpar gear. Now it seems it's 3, 2, 1 oom. My spirit is defiantly significantly lower which might be the issue as I remember having nearly 30% spell hit when I was shadow at 85 because of it. How much spirit should we aim to have when trying to heal the leveling dugeons?Lacuss5 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 I am the worst priest EVER lol So I suck at being a priest... really bad. Awful. Can't seem to keep myself alive. Started out as a Discipline and just changed to Shadow. Anyone have any tips for me? I really miss my druid, I felt more effective as a druid. I want to love the priest I just can't seem to play it right.Nightoracle6 Sep 29, 2012