Priest

Jun 25, 2012 Power Word: Sweet Revelations Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent! Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests This might be my last chance to actually start a thread so I figured I'd just go for it. deadmer.png Topic: PASTE THE LAST THING ON YOUR CLIPBOARD. Don't think, just Ctrl+V, include NSFW tags where applicable! If you just booted up for the day, then tell us exactly what you're doing at the time of posting. Or hey, hit me with both! Eg. http://i.imgur.com/dl8Da.png is the last thing on my clipboard. And at this VERY INSTANT I'm sipping some horrible lemonade that I made. If anyone had an awesome idea for a title, btw, I'll change mine. I just wanted to make a thread. :<Merrz500 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 extremely annoying actionbar plz help hey ive been having issues with my actionbar for when im in shadowform showing all but 1 or 2 boxes as empty tho i can still use the spells that are actually there i just dont see them for some reason. it happens when i mind control and it wears off and other scenarios where a special bar pops up (ie picking up the turtles in the hyjal daily to kick em or the heroic nef thing) Heres a screenshot of what i mean on heroic nef http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/lokiix/WoWScrnShot_052212_112322.jpg and this is from the hyjal daily http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/lokiix/WoWScrnShot_062512_031756.jpg ive tried disabling all addons and it still happens, if i run my mage with my normal addons it doesnt get the problem so i really dunno wats up, any fix would be appreciatedSâshagrey12 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Help with my Rotation. Hey guys, I started my first night of serious raiding with a Core 1 team last night- the team is 5/8 heroics but because of Pugs we went 3/8. I had an ilevel of 396 and the other SPriest had an ilevel of 400. Throughout the fight he dominated me in DPS. He doesn't have his 4 piece, and I do which is why (at least I think) my DOT uptime was a bit lower- but I may be missing something. My char name is Aseo and he is Salvaation. Is there anything huge that I'm missing here that could make for the gap in DPS? Or is 4 points on your ilevel significant enough to be 13k different? Would love the thoughts- Here is the link to a few of the fights. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ceipm4wq6obtjzi0/analyze/dd/source/?s=5154&e=5260 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ceipm4wq6obtjzi0/analyze/dd/source/?s=903&e=1124 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ceipm4wq6obtjzi0/analyze/dd/source/?s=8241&e=8535 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ceipm4wq6obtjzi0/analyze/dd/source/?s=10401&e=11074 Also worth noting that the team I ran with has run together for awhile so they didn't vocalize a whole lot when hero was being popped so I know that syncing up with hero would significantly help. Thanks againAseo14 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Better Shadow pvp trinket I have the cata use trinket, and i was wondering if i should make the attempt to try and get the cunning of the cruel(raid finder) trinket if its better. So basically does the proc from raid finder cunning make it better then the loss of resil and burst damage from the cata use?Whambamm4 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Mind Flay is not doing the advertised damage. So I am seeking help with an issue regarding Mind flay, my tool tip currently says it does around 16k damage total, but when I add up the stacks I end up with only around 12k. This was on a raid dummy, and while all of my other abilities do near or the exact damage the tooltip says, Mind Flay consistently puts out far lower damage numbers. Is there a known cause for this lower damage or is it a tooltip issue?Devoneaux15 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Priest Armour Charts Hello, I was wondering if there was an armour chart for Priests? I was looking for something similar to the one I use for my rogue on ShadowPanther.net (http://shadowpanther.net/armor-pve.htm). If anyone has any advice that would be wonderful, Thank you.Phaidra1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Are You a clicky healer who isnt bad? Title says it all. I am currently and always have been a clicky healer and have never seen a diffrence in my hps and people who use healbot etc up untill cata i had pulled my raid frames out onto the screen and click healed since then i now use X-perl. but what i dont get is when i use the phrase "then i clicked" how much people try and burn you about it. could just be me who knows but ill put my clicking against anyones healbot :)Meechie326 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Fastest spec for leveling Relatively new to the game and considering going priest. I realize the game isn't difficult at all when it comes to leveling but still, what is most efficient? I have no heirlooms. I will be gathering as I quest. I plan on questing 95% of the time. Thank you so much for your time. If you could link a spec that would be greatly appreciated.Mortalitum4 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Tailoring Sucks, Gimme a New Prof Tailoring has to be the WORST profession in the game. You don't get any benefits that you cannot buy from the AH, and even the best items in tailoring get trumped by Dungeon and Raid Points. Even the leg enchant you can buy from the AH. I'm sick of it and need something else before MoP. I've heard JC and BS is pretty nifty with the socket/gem combos. Enchanting might be okay. Help me!!!Theophany22 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 thinking of starting to use mouse over macros i couls use some ideas for what spells to mouse over macro for an AA/A disc priest and once 85 holy as well i have target of target macros for smite and holy fire alreadyBelir2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Is Overheal REALLY That Bad for Disc Priests? I understand overheal is a measure of how eeficiently you use your heals, and thus is a legitimate measure of one aspect of skill. Moreover, if you are having mana problems, then you obviously need to get rid of any overheal. However, if you're not having any mana problems, then is there really anything wrong with overheal? Especially with Disc, it seems like many abilities (PW Shield, PW Barrier, etc) are designed to produce overheal no matter how skillfully they are used. Being new to priestly ways, I may be missing something, so I've come to the experts. What do you think?Rozemary9 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Disc DPS Spec So I have just come back to this game and haven't played since like halfway through BC. Now at that point I did seem to remember a sweet priest pvp video of a disc priest. My question is at this point is there any viable disc dps spec?Abnerd2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Staff vs. MH/OH What would be better? I was thinking maybe MH/OH and I can get Power Torrent on MH and Int enchant on OH. But Idk if I would be better to take the extra spirit from Staff. Edit: Also what would be the main stat priority? Would it be Mastery > Haste > Spirit > Crit?Promethéus19 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 First time pvp healer? I just got this toon to 85 and wanted to make her pvp. Could people explain a few things to me? -do priests scale with gear well? -what enchants -1h or 2h (staff/swordoffhand) -What gems -how to keep target of who to heal in a big group. -what do i reforge, do i do it at all> If theres anything else you think i should know, please feel free to explain that aswell.Imaguylol6 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 DPriest on Raid: AOE focused or Tank focused? Hey guys, I new in terms of 10-man, 25-man raid heal, I in doubt about my reforje, what the best for a DPriest? I mean, I reforje for a best AOE Healing or to Damage Prevent(mastery)? Or something else?Drimvon2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Looking for a good rapture addon Title says it all, does anybody know one? Thanks in advance.Desiration2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Never thought much of a Shadow Priest I was in GB and there was a shadow priest a druid healer and me left in the party. We decided to take down the last boss, we had waited 10 min for others to join the group. I must say that between the shield and the passive healing I received and the dps put out by the priest, I have changed my mind concerning shadow priest's. It took three times longer to bring down the boss, me running around killing the add's and back to the boss, but it was the shadow priest that made the different"s. I will never think bad of a shadow priest agin. Yes we killed the Boss.Lilithdeath2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Trinket question - pvp So i've decided to move on from shadow and go 100% disc, because i've gotten all of my arena achievs in disc anyways. But, i don't know wether or not to use 2 pvp trinkets or use 1 pvp trinket with the foul gift of the demon lord. I mean i see that sodez guy using the foul gift and we all know he's a great disc priest. I also dont have tsunami or heart of unliving.Kolko3 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Haste or Mastery for spriests (MoP) Atm, which is looking best for spriests in MoP?Niks4 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 after the names of a couple addons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruat5sLeHqM the one that shows the exact amount of heals to remove the debuff is mainly wat im afterSâshagrey1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 VE and SW:I question (MoP) 1. Vampiric Embrace - Does it trigger the global cd? 2. Shadow Word: Insanity - tooltip says 'up to 100%' extra damage per DoT removed. Does 'up to' mean than it will randomly do less than 100%?Niks2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Color of the priest's spells I was leveling my night elf priest, and I wondered: How come the color of our spells are golden instead of white? Lore wise, Elune manifests as a white light, not as a golden light. Since Druids are getting the anti-Moonkin form glyph that they always wanted, would it be too much to ask for a priest glyph that changes the color of the spells from yellow to white?Aurvandil12 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Raid Healing as a Priest Greetings! I'm here to request some help when it comes to Raid healing, specifically 25-man. I'm fairly new to Raid anything because I've never been this far into endgame content. I'm currently at an Item Level of 383, which I found sufficient to start raiding. However, I just find myself not knowing what to do. I've learned all the fights, etc, but I cannot seem to get higher on the Healing Meters, tl;dr, I suck at raid healing. Essentially what I'm asking is I don't know what Chakra to be in, what rotation to be using, etc. What I've been doing previously is using Holy Word: Sanctuary, then basically passing around PoM and then spamming Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending. I've come here to ask for help because almost everyone I ask laughs at me, or is just a genuine butthole about it. Also, if you could provide a little help about a spec as well, that would be helpful. Anyways, any help you can offer would be appreciated, JamesIflashu152 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Quick Questions about Spriest PvE Hey all, recently started playing this Spriest and have been doing some LFR/heroics and trying to eventually do raiding. Just have a couple of quick questions. 1. Trinkets. Right now I've got the 390 ilvl Raid finder Will of Unbinding, 384 Raid finder Cunning, and DMC:V. Which two should I use? Right now I'm running Cunning/DMC, and not sure what combo is best. 2. Valor points. What is the progression I should usually go in spending? Right now have 1400, looking to make a first purchase but not quite sure where to start. Any help is appreciated, thanks.Hayto3 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Thoughts on Heroic Maw? My guild has been clearing HM madness for a few weeks now and Maw dropped last week but I passed it on to our resto shammy. I am disc spec and have gone for a Haste>Crit>Mastery build - I found it suited me best when we first did HM yorsahj and I have stuck with it ever since. Because of this I thought that the Haste and Crit from Vagaries of Time are better than Maw seeing as it is only a proc (which never happens at the right time it seems). I know it gives 34 more intel and a bit more spell power but I never starve for mana and my healing throughput is great as it is; plus Vagaries gives a red socket. I am just not sure if the maw would be better for me after all the hype about it. Does anyone else feel this way or am I doing something wrong?Jezbaby9 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Alliance Priests Thank you for not knowing how to use mass dispel, so I can spread combustion to your whole team while you madly try to spam flash heal.Darmir7 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 [Disc] Liquid Smoke (N) vs Glowing Stone (H) Which one of these items is better coupled with Robes of Dying Light or Handwraps of Dying Light? Assuming I am using Brilliant Queen's Garnet, Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery & Enchant Gloves - Haste I am trying to stack Haste & MasteryAnell8 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Disc Priest Reforging. Hey guys! So I've recently leveled this guy to 85, and I've been looking a lot into disc priest PvP. I have not even collected my full ruthless set though, so I'm not trying anything to fancy right now, just grinding BG's. Anyhow, I do want to reforge my 390 pieces to get optimal use from them, and I've really got a lot of conflicting answers on what I should do. A guide up here posited that crit, haste, and mastery were all good, once you were hit and spell pen capped, of course. But it also stated that crit was relatively unreliable due to RNG, and that haste and mastery were more reliable. Thus, I was sort of deciding on making a decision with haste and mastery, so I asked my friends. My friends pretty much unanimously said that all the good, high-end disc priests gemmed crit, which was far better than re-gemming the other two. So I'm going to ask the forums, in hope of getting a clear answer here. For a more casual, albeit still serious PvPer, what should I be reforging for?Stormshend6 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Remember the real Vampiric Embrace days? Here's some food for thought for those of you in the Priest community, but my real target audience is the Priest Development Team... Remember the feeling VE used to give you back in vanilla and subsequent TBC? Gave you the cloth "tank" feel didn't it? If you dps'd your !@# off, you could overcome the incoming damamge of your target. Ya know, when being at half health at the start of a fight wasn't so bad. But nowadays we've got this little spit bucket spell that offers mere shadows of a former glory... They didn't take it away because it gave us that "shadow priest" feeling but be honest... if you went into a fight without it nothing would change in your battle routine. Despite the gloomy state of affairs for VE at this moment, I believe I may have a solution that is befitting for both gamer and designer. Over the course of time I've suffered a little "alt-itis" and have had the pleasure of experiencing the vast complexitites and joys of each class/spec presently in the game. I've noticed a few spells that have a surprisingly similar feel to the old VE. The warrior's Enraged Regeneration & the enhancement shaman's Spirit Wolves healing. You see, these two spells offer considerable amount of self healing to help negate the incoming damage. They serve to give the player a "I refuse to drop" moment of confidence. Theyir cooldown is balanced to require some skill in the timing of it's use. With that said I have a proposition. I would appreciate bumps from the community if it resonates with you too. Give the shadow priest an ability on a mid range cooldown (2-5 mins) that raises the effectiveness of Vampiric Embrace to 35% for 10-15 secs. That would give us the practicality of the old VE, the cooldown to use it responsibly, and the balanced fairness because it won't be a constant advantage. If I'm a fool, call it out! If not, BUMP!Keldrik15 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Priest Two-Handed Channeling hi, just want to know if there was any plans to update the channeled spell look for spells like Mind Flay and Mind Sear on races that channel those spells with both hands (like male worgen, tauren and night eleves) to have an effect similar to how male tauren channel Mind Flay currently ingame? (Male tauren currently have a small orb-like effect that sits inbetween both hands, and from it Mind Flays beam appears, not from one of there hands) i know its not a major issue at all, but after seeing it on male tauren priests, its just silly that other races that channel in the same/similar way dont have have that same effect for both of those spells (i mean its silly that my worgen priest channels both these spells with both hands out front together, yet Mind Flay only beams from his right hand, and Mind Sear beams from his left..)Kennelsworth1 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Addons for PvP healing? Hey all! This is my very first priest character, and I was just wondering if there are any useful addons for PvP healing. The problem is, I'd really like to heal, but it is confusing since I just heal the raid frames. I am unable to tell how far people are, or where they are. I've stuck to DPSing in BGs for now, but even though I clearly put my role as damage, people complain that I am not healing effectively. I have no problems with dungeon healing, but healing in the BGs always gets me. I have no idea where people are. I can't just look at the map in mid battle to find people. I have to heal in that split second. So, any useful addons? :DNormin2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Best profession for Disc PvE and PvP Making a priest on a new server and going to have enchanting for sure because I would like to have that, what other profession would benefit me the most for raiding and doing bgs/rbgs/low rated arenas as a disc priest?? I would like to get tailoring but the proc of the cloak doesn't really seem ideal for healing. Engineering would be another option because it seems somewhat fun with its stuff it has, but I don't really see too much of a benefit from it. Seems like blacksmithing might be the best but I don't really want that.Jajaja3 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 inner will or inner fire pvp(disc) not sure i feel like inner will but inner fire has a strong armor increase and spell powerPraystatíon8 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Low Level Shadow Priest Is there a point nearing where there is actually mana left in my mana pool after a trash or boss pull? This is at level 23.Cerid8 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Priest Stream! Hey all! Ill be livestreaming Raiding, Gold making, and general priest fun all week! Check me out! Twitch.tv/jarastar2Lillèth3 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Heroic DS stat scalings So I've been in DS heroic for a while now. Working on Blackhorn. I can never get simcraft to finish giving me the scaling results when I run it. I have read a lot of information and I can't figure whats scalings are accurate and the correct to reforge to as I acquire more heroic gear. I read all kinds of theory crafting on with the T13 4pc mastery starts scaling higher than haste. I have read also that crit will start scaling higher than mastery and haste in relation to getting shadow fiend off cool down faster to use the burst dmg rotation with the 4pc. I've tried beating a dummy reforging each way and nothing seems real conclusive, and as i am not all raid buffed its inaccurate. I'm really trying to optimize here and as my server has a very low population on horde let alone shadow priests i'm at a dead end. Any input would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time reading this.Shadoesaint2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Don't nerf Mind Spike I quit playing my shadow priest for a long time because of all the awkward faffing about with dots, in an era when not even 5m bosses live long enough for them to tick the full duration. Mind Spike was a godsend that let me play shadow again. Now I see on the beta its losing its stacking crit buff to Mind Blast, and they're taking away Dark Archangel? In return we get this "Insanity" thing that doubles down on the awkwardness and eons of ramp up time before any kind of burst. I'm happy with it being a dot based class in long fights, but Mind Spike and its related buffs and cooldowns is the right tool and gameplay style for when targets die fast. Trying to lead priests by the nose away from that playstyle is unwelcome. I know "its just beta", but the point of beta is to get feedback, and in this case my feedback is "DO NOT WANT".Lithmir4 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Looking for some specific Spriest answers Howdy, I've been trying many different DPS classes to maybe try and do something new in MoP, and Shadow Priest really caught my attention. Usually I grasp classes pretty quickly and manage to do well relatively quickly as well. However, on my priest I have been having some troubles putting out the dps I want to, which is actually great. I know that priests definitely aren't bad, so the problem lies with me and I wanna fix it. I know the general rotations and priorities and whatnot, but there are some specific PvE situations I'd like to learn how to deal with. 1. Multidotting. I have no clue how to do it. I've never played a DoT-based caster class in endgame, so I have no idea how or when to multidot. How many mobs do I DoT? Should I wait for procs or just DoT everything instantly? This is one aspect that has me baffled. 2. How should I deal with procs? When I get an Int proc, do I reapply VT and DP right away? Do I also expend more GCDs reapplying them before the proc wears off? It's learning stuff like this that I know will help my DPS. 3. Mind Flay issues. When I have spells that take priority over Mind Flay, when is the best time to cancel it? I feel like this is one of my biggest DPS losses, because I'm always worried I'm cancelling my Mind Flay right before a tick or something. I have Quartz so the ticks show up on my cast bar, but cancelling the channel still feels weird to me. 4. What's a good opening rotation? Currently I do VT -> SW:P -> DP -> MF x5 ticks -> Trinket/Pots -> Shadowfiend -> Mind Blast -> Refresh DoTs -> MF Filler -> Archangel -> MB I have no clue if this is correct, and I have some issues, like I don't always get a shadow orb after the first 5 mind flay ticks, also I'm not sure if refreshing the DoTs so soon is a good idea, but that ties in with my procs question I suppose. 5. Is it better to use Scepter of Azshara + Demonic Skull or Stalk of Corruption? The MH+OH offers a little more Int and Hit, but the Staff gives a lot of Haste and a little more Mastery. As a disclaimer, I know everything that's wrong with my gear, including being way over hitcap. I just haven't bothered to reforge yet as I'm getting multiple upgrades pretty quickly. I hope I gave enough info to get some help!Chord2 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Disc priest for raiding / dungeons? Is Disc a viable spec to use for raiding? Simple question.Vanjin1 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 New SW:Death very confusing A word of dark binding that inflicts (2,371 + 204.0% of SP) Shadow damage to the target and grants a Shadow Orb. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. If the target dies, you gain an additional shadow orb. If the target does not die, the cooldown is reset. Only one of these effects can happen every 6 sec. What are disco and holy priests gonna do with shadow orbs? But then this just lead me to believe that the diso/holy tooltips arent implemented yet, but then i read this Glyph of Shadow Word: Death Major Glyph Your Shadow Word: Death can now be cast at any time, but deals 25% damage against targets above 20% health and does not generate a Shadow Orb when used against them. Casting Shadow Word: Death now also does damage to you equivalent to the damage it would do to an enemy above 20% health. can someone with beta access divulge on some info on this matter? what does SW:D do for non shadow priests?Amenlexia11 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Is this a good spec? I read on Noxxic that this is a good spec for tank healing as a Disc priest and I've been following it since level 15, but now that I take a look around at people who are posting here nobody seems to be using it, so maybe it's outdated or just a bad idea? Here's the spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbfRMochMZ0b I guess since I'm the only one in it that should tell me something right off the bat about it's usability, but I honestly just don't like the Atonement spec (even though it's probably a lot easier) and would rather continue on as I've been playing. Is that possible or should I just delete this toon because the Atonement spec is 100% mandatory and go back to playing my Druid?Trinea25 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 They let me get my inner shadow on (DPS help) And then I felt like I hideously underperformed. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lcf77y138cx6chgt/ Most of DS I've been healing and helping carry out raid group to (imagined) glory and loots, and this week our RL decided since we were doing farm content that I could do DPS much to my excitement. Looking over the log myself I've noticed I had poor up time on DOTs as well as a few delayed mind blasts (A couple were when it came off cooldown and I could see a Shadow Apparation nearly at the boss, so waited for the orbs) Beyond these mistakes, what other errors was I making, and what other tweaks could I do to try and not be in the bottom half of raid DPS?Compensator24 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Normal Herioc Dungeon Healing Help Hey guys I was wondering if you guys could help me with normal herioc dungeon healing as a holy priest. Right now my ilvl is somewhat low but I do have the vp boots and bracers. My main question regards with rotation is what I'm guessing my problem is. I seem to go oom extremely quickly and can't heal the group many times. From rotations and other threads I've read people say keep PW:S and Heal constantly up. However, my heal heals for so low the tank takes more dmg in the time it takes to cast it. Greater heal obviously makes me go oom and I always try to keep renew up. I was wondering if anyone could help me to become a better healer thanks!Somewhiteguy4 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 How does this build look for disc leveling?? I will be dual spec disc. This one is for questing and mostly doing dungeons: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbfRMo0hZh:qmcbadzVM This one is for BGs: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMsrokrfRroMuZorbing1 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Power Word: Barrier Manilow Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC, Vent or any other form of fun! Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests 5a. More avenues of Priestly Socialization can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/powerwordsocialBlew500 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Disc/Holy for leveling? I know this is probably a silly question, but I've been leveling a priest (obviously). She's up to 56, but I'm leveling Holy/Disc to learn how to play both specs when I heal at 85. I do mostly 5 mans anyways with friends, so it's not like I'm going to be doing progression raiding, not that you can right now anyways. Is it normal to have two healing specs, one holy and one disc, both for PvE? I've been told several times by people in dungeons who claim to have 85 priests, that having both specs is overkill. Honestly, I don't like to DPS, so I figured a priest with two healing specs is better suited to my liking then my shaman.Lour1 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Gnome vs. Human? I love my Gnome Priest, she gets a bonus to Mana, which is always useful, but I was thinking about the Human racials the other day and wanted to know which is better? Humans get bonus Spirit, which is equivalent to a Draenai's +1 hit for spriests, isnt it? and would help keep mana up when needed. Gnomes get more mana, but spells cost a % of base mana, does the formula for spell cost take the racial into account for it? or is it a bonus applied after?Aleiran10 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 What exactly am I doing wrong? Anything? Nothing at all? Everything? I stopped healing for a while, started again just a few days ago and I think I remember why I stopped the first time. I don't even hit 100k mana unbuffed. Is it my gear? My gems? The fact that four pieces of my gear have no enchants currently or a really crappy one because I'm so poor? I'd love some positive and helpful feedback. I want to be a good healer.Arasia3 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Human or NE Yep, another one of these. Considering ONLY pvp... Free trinket (tsunami) + 3% spirit or -2% hit + shadowmeld (get pets off you, get in drinks, cancel cc/inc spells)Creatinebrah7 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Rogue???? Bottom line, can any spec of priest beat or survive a rogue 1v1? If so please do tell specifics on how. They enter combat and leave when they want, self heal, vanish, cc, and I do nothing but die in about 8 seconds. Hell I dont know, maybe I just suck, but its kind of like back in TBC when a lock would dot you up riding by and you die 100 feet later. If we have no chance then I will just move on and accept it. But if I am doing something wrong, then please tell me what spec priest, and how......TY in advance.Kaisersoze11 Jun 20, 2012