Priest

Jul 18, 2012 Disc Glyphs FOR RAID HEALING 10 man what glyphs should i useBiggavelli3 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Would like some tips, please Hi there. I've been raiding pretty consistently and I dungeon fairly regularly as well. Shadow is actually my secondary spec, but I'm starting to use it so often, it may as well be my Primary. Reason being is because right now, I feel immensely uncomfortable with the very idea of healing thru dungeons/raids at the moment -- I don't feel I'm geared/gemmed/enchanted properly for healing and just recently realized that I most likely may need to grind for two separate sets of gear (1 for dps (shadow), 1 for healing dungeons/raids (Disc/Holy). Long story short, I would very much like it if you, dear reader, would take a glance at my spec and gear and tell me if I'm crappy or not. I think I'm kinda crappy right now, actually, given that when I dungeon/raid, I'm sitting pretty consistently near the bottom half of the Recount dps bar (4th or 5th for dungeons, 15th or lower when in raids.) I haven't had anyone really scream at me yet, tell me how awful I am or they need more dps from me, but I worry it's a matter of time. Off hand, I can't remember my rotation at the moment, but I'll look it up tomorrow and probably come back and edit this when I do. I just feel I could be doing sooooo much better then what I am. (For gems, yes, I know the Queen's gems would be better, but they are ridiculously expensive on my server.) As for Enchants, I do use MrRobot for tips on reforging and gemming as well as enchants and I think I've done pretty well so far. But anyway. Any tips or advice would be wonderful and tips on websites would be great. (I know of MrRobot, MaxDPS and Noxxic.) Thanks again.Brennigan6 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 MoP Shadow Priests I hate to admit this, but I was watching one of Swifty's videos for MoP and he was looking at Priests. Two things that caught my attention were the first tier of MoP talents and the glyph of Dark Binding that allowed shadow Priests in shadow form to cast three heals. So my question is have these changes been as amazing as they look on paper or is it just that? Words on paper? I know I should be asking in the beta forum but I thought I would come straight to this forum instead. I am honestly leveling a priest because of these talents and glyphs I have seen. Just want priest thoughts.Lagiacrus7 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uxhmcru3p4uhr55g/sum/damageDone/?s=4847&e=5169 - Hagara fight http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uxhmcru3p4uhr55g/sum/damageDone/?s=6762&e=6984 - Ultrax fight My rotation is: VT, SW:P, DP, MB, MF till at least one orb and 5 stacks of evangelism, MB, repeat. Burst rotation is: MF till 5 stacks of evangelism, SF, Archangel, MB, MS, MS, MS MS, MB, My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Alieo/simple. Any help will be appreciated, I know my dps should be higher with my gear and i don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also I read that after a certain amount of haste you should reforge to mastery if you have your 4 set t13. if anyone could confirm this and give me a number to start reforging at that would be greatly appreciated as well. -Thanks. I really appreciate anyone who can help me in the slightest. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uxhmcru3p4uhr55g/ This is the raid from last week up to warmaster. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hvvy7i65ouesjz3u/ The rest of the raid from last week.Alieo12 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 The skill cap on priests in gone in MoP, http://hydramist.tv/arena/shadow-word-death-nerfed-in-mop/ reroll your class now before its to late. Removing mana burn was fine, Nerfing Defensive dispel was fine, Increasing mana cost of mass dispel up to 48% base mana is fine, But this is just to much........Bropac18 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Shadow priest gear help I just got my priest to 85 been gearing him up a bit. Should I be going for gear with spirt?Nettin3 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 The Holy Priest Guide to Cataclysm A thread like this was bound to pop up at some point, but it required someone to take the time to not only gain the experience necessary to create the guide, but to fully understand the present complaints people bring up. Common Misrepresented Complaints about Holy: - Heal is useless. Doesn't heal for enough, too long of a cast. - Flash heal costs too much. - lol lightwell - regen is horrible The Truth: Heal: This spell, in holy, is perfectly acceptable as it stands, and for any holy priest doing heroics or raids, this should really be your main spell of choice. It has to be, for no other reason than the fact it is your lowest cost heal, and everything seems to be built, talent wise, around it. It does heal for plenty. 10k non crits with proper spec... crits often for 13 to 14k right now in heroics. This is perfectly viable. Combine that with chakra refresh on renew (hey 1400 ticks may seem weak, but it helps) and an instant cast, low cost, 10k heal that crits for 16k. Combine that with the fact heal also procs SoL... and it really becomes a very viable and useful ability. This is your main spell. Stop complaining about it and realize that everything you thought you knew about holy from Wrath of the Lich King is completely irrelevant. This is an entirely knew healing experience, and thus requires a completely different mindset. Flash Heal: The costs for this spell are highly justified presently due to the amount of healing it does. If flash heal was reduced to being spammable again, the challenge of Holy Healing is completely removed. It heals for a lot. Combine that with Echo of Light and really, who needs skill anymore? This a complaint mostly based on how healing was handled in Wrath. This isn't your non-fun casual healing experience anymore. It's not about spamming, it's about spell choice, with heal being the front runner. Flash heal is situational, used in emergencies to nab a dps or tank who dipped low and you happen to need a fast reaction to it. Note that just because a tank or dps dipped low does not automatically mean you need to flash heal, or greater heal, them. It's situational. As you learn the fights, you will know what health people need to be at to survive. Lightwell: Forget all your transgressions, and the dps's complaints, about lightwell. It is so overpowered that I have had several other healing classes demanding, or at least stating to me, that it needs to be nerfed. Why are they saying this? It is the single most powerful, and mana efficient, healing ability in the game. Most complaints have been addressed. It has a 20 yard click range, can be clicked while casting/dpsing, can be clicked when stunned, does not need to be targeted. The base issue is that yes, it still needs to be clicked, but with how powerful it presently is... too bad - you need to force people to use this amazing spell. In heroics, it practically does all my raid healing for me. Imagine what your mana issues look like, as a holy priest, if you don't have to worry about raid heals for parts of the fight? I Glyph it for 5 extra clicks and let it go to town. It's time to take off the blinders. This is an absolute must have spell for holy, and dps will learn to use it or die. There choice. This is no longer some optional play thing - blizzard stated many times they wanted this spell to be viable and important for Holy, and it finally came true. No more excuses. Regen: The base argument that regen is horrible stands true in comparison to level 80. This is intended. Unlimited mana pools and the ability for dps and tanks to make constant mistakes is long gone. We cannot make up for bad players anymore. One mistake? Sure, 3 or 4? No. Damage is highly avoidable, and it's about time the dps and tanks figure that out if they want to live. Just like they need to figure out that lightwell is awesome. Healers are no longer the "sole reason" wipes happen.Àroll354 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 In your own opinion, priest race. In your own opinion, what is the best race for a priest cosmetically, what looks the coolest in high end gear in your opinion and their casting animations all factor in. Nothing to do with racials.Rogalish25 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Crit vs Mastery here we go again I am hit capped and soft haste capped so I have been playing with mastery and crit reforging. I have found I can pick up 2 or 3k dps boost (on the practice dummy) if I reforge all my excess to crit. I am looking forward to raiding this week with the crit build. Everything I read tells me mastery is slightly better than crit, but the numbers dont lie, any thoughts?Popejohnll4 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 Critique my Ultrax Log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/y48wpssgclub1q54/details/9/?s=3402&e=3630 I'm pretty decent at log reading, but I'm sure there are other people out there with better WoL skill than me. Couple things I already know: 1. VT uptime wasn't great (I don't remember it wearing off during the fight, but I cut it very close) 2. Only 2 4pT13 rotations thanks to a short fight 3. second 4pT13 was very bad because of fading light + poor execution 4. I'm under hit cap right now (I missed 1 mind flay that fight) I'm an alt for the main raid, so most of the other pure DPS are better geared than me in that report (3/4 of them have 416 weapons for example). Still, I've been stuck around 35k dps on ultrax for at least a few ilvls of gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Charuo17 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 How would logs help? I finally logged a raid with WoL and I don't know how to "read" it do understand on what to work betterAnell5 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 17, 2012 How do I gear my Disc Priest stat wise? I've recently started playing wow again and im gearing my priest for areans but i cant seem to figure out which stat i should focus on or if an all round balance will be enough. Im debating if i should stack Crit, Haste, Mastery, or Spirit. My question is what Stats do u value the most and why, whats working for you in the arenas. Crit - will increase my chances to reduce physical dmg by 10% from the talent (Inspiration) since melee is my arch enemy, also every time i crit heal i receive a protective shield for 30% of the amount healed (Divine Aegis)and there is no limit as so how many times that happens like once every 12 secs or something. Mastery - will increase my power word shield potency and my (Divine Aegis) Proc from crit heals Shield Potency. In the talent tree (Imp Pow Shield) i alrdy get 20% increase. My question is should i get more is so how much is there a diminishing value or could i potentially double the absorbed about by my shields? Haste - will obviously increase my cast time and talent (borrowed time) i already get a 20% increase after i used shield every 12 secs. i think this talent depends on game play and arena team make ups. Most of my spells are instant cast the only reason i'd need haste is for mana burns, mind control, Occasionally dps, flash and greater heal which all consume a !@#$ ton of mana if spammed. Spirit - I'm reading alot of Dpriest are going oom in arenas trying to keep up their dps up, stacking spirit would limit that but arenas aren't like raiding bosses where the fight last forever. beside plenty of our talents reduce instant cast mana cost and Rapture returns 7% mana every 12 secs after a shield is absorbed.Darkscythir6 Jul 17, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 How does Shadow fare in pvp? I'm considering leveling this Priest up and PvPing with him at max level. I ask about the viability because I've never felt that shadow priests dps could compare to other classes because they were primarily a healing class. However, I was doing bgs on my level 48 hunter and was repeatedly getting destroyed by an equal level shadow priest. The same priest topped the charts in terms of damage done and killing blows— I finished one below him. Do priests continue to be this powerful at max level? Or is it just an abnormality of the bracket? Thanks in advance!Marwolaeth35 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 Where does Mind Spike fit in? I have been leveling my shadow priest though battlegrounds, mainly due to boredom of cata dungeons. I am having a bit of difficulty deciding when I should use Mind Spike. At first, I thought of using it before I apply my dots. In that case, it wouldn't extinguish my dots and I would still benefit from the crit increase to my Mind Blast once I have my orbs. But with only 5 seconds to take advantage of Mind Melt, I would probably not be able to use that instant MB by the time I have all three orbs. I thought of using it once I have my three orbs (and having to reapply my dots if the target did not die), but then I realized that Mind Spike consumes the orbs, which would be pretty useless (or so I think). I was also told that I should use Mind Spike on a second target, so as not to extinguish the dots on the first one, and not to work it into a single target rotation at all. TL;DR - What is the most efficient way to use Mind Spike in pvp?No1 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 Holy Word: We're Made of Divine Star Stuff Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent! Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Topic: http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc http://youtu.be/XGK84Poeynk http://i.imgur.com/ztonU.gif Real/Priesty Topic: It seems like people have started PvPing lately, do you guys think you'll continue into mists? Or is it just an end-of-expansion time filler? E: HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRITHA~~Kyllie500 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 Shadow pvp rotation and when to mindspike So I've been lvling up a shadow priest for a shadowplay team that my friends and I are going to run and I just had a couple question regarding the "rotation" that shadow priests would use in pvp. I've tried finding guides but it seems like everyone does something different. From my understanding you want to open with your dots, then mindflay for evangelism and orb, once orb procs mindblast, reapply dots, wings, mind spike x3 then mind blast. Can anyone give me input on this please?Haimbehindu13 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 Priest Questing MoP Hey all. I've taken a break from WoW, but will prolly get back into it when MoP goes live (like millions of other people, I'm sure). What I wanted to know (from the beta) is if priest questing has gotten any better. Healing on a priest is my favorite thing to do (in both PvP and PvE), but I really also like questing, and I couldn't stand that my priest (even in shadow) couldn't do a damn thing in Cata with multi-mob pulls and was just a pain in general to level / do TB dailies with compared to my warrior and DK. Are things looking up in the beta or is a shadow priest still one of the worst classes for soloing?Cantstandya1 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 How is shadow doing in PvE now and MoP I'm thinking of just getting my other account renewed and playing my 85 spriest. I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm tired of leveling but need a character that is horde. Do they do good DPS now and how are they faring in MoP?Cubedice7 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 New to disc pvp, would like some help. I just got this guy up to 85 and an enhancment shaman and I've been doing some 2s. We tried to get our rating up this week so that we could have a higher conquest cap. I seem to go oom faster than other healers most of the time, and I seem to be a lot easier to kill than the other healers. (This of course may be just my perspective). So let me explain what I try to do, and hopefully one of you can tell me whether or not I'm doing it wrong. I try to keep a shield up on whoever is being focused, and a renew on them as well if they are not full health. If I'm being focused, I shield myself, hot myself, and use prayer of mending on myself first. I then use inner focus and try to do either a greater heal or a flash heal. I also use pennace (but not with inner focus). If I"m not being too pressured I'll try to mc them to either get them around a corner or just away from me, or to have them use their intterupt, and allow me to free cast heals. I also use fear to get room for free casting. I tend to use flash heal the most though for my free cast heals when I or my partner is low. Is this wrong? should I be using greater heal? How do you other priest do such a great job of looking like tanks? and never going oom.Koenix15 Jul 16, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Just a Quick question about shadow dps Greetings,,ill make this short. Ive always played disc then to holy on my priest. but lately i wanted to go dps and seem to behaving trouble with my numbers...ive slowly been geming and chanting my gear and i know most of it is healing gear. i seem to be watching my dot times well enough but they still seem kinda low. i now i dont have a 2 or 4pc bonus yet but could u all look and see, maybe give me some pointers. thanks a milZeroinin5 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 HPS on H Yor? My hps is total crap on that fight and my RLs keep yelling at me about..Well lecturing really. I wanted to see what other Disc Priests Hps's were on that fight. I'm was at about 12k hps on that fight. It's pretty bad i know but does anyone have tips on increasing it? Or am i not alone here<--doubting itKeára32 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Fastest way to heirloom out a char? Hi there! I'm trying to level one more char before mists and I wanted to do a disc priest. I have a geared tank who can run heroics quickly, and a geared pvp char that can do bg's with a decent success rate, what is probably the absolute fastest way to accumulate a set of heirlooms do you all think?Brios17 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 What dps should I be doing on dummies? With self buffs, I pull around 21k, is this okay? How good do Spriests scale with buffs?Priiesstt3 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 I need help with my gear for Shadow! I've been focusing on building a Healing set, which is coming along fairly OK. But now I wan to build a real Shadow DPS gear set. I've got a few drops from Heroics and I've also got a lot of Justice and Valor points to spend. What gear should I buy? Also, what stats should I focus on stacking for shadow? Should I use Spirit in place of Hit? Or should I just use the Hit gear that I've picked up already? Thanks!Gladorn3 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 15, 2012 Reforge EVERYTHING into mastery? So basically I saw a post on these forums recommending Wowreforge.com to optimize my character. I figured I'd give it a whirl, and basically it tells me to reforge literally every single piece of my gear into mastery which just seems...off. Could someone tell me if I should trust this program? Also if not, what should I do with my gearKillkona2 Jul 15, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 MC in BG's It makes my day when I can MC a player off a cliff or ledge in Eye of The Storm or Arathi Basin! Priest - do you know of any other good spots to pop MC in BG’s? Better yet ! Is there any other dirty priest tricks you can pull off in BG’s ( other than the obvious of healing , lol )? Let me know - Thanks!Whiteorb4 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 [Shadow] Dispel Protection MOP So I had two ideas for dispel protection in MOP, both of which would be tied to VT since you have to hard cast it. "When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, you gain 1 Shadow Orb. This effect cannot happen more than once every 6 sec" or "When Vampiric Touch is dispelled, you receive 10% of you total mana. This effect cannot happen more than once every 6 sec" Logic behind the first one: This will give us something we are trying to get from MB/DI procs, which require SW:P remain ticking. Logic behind the second one: Re applying DoTs twice as fast if the are constantly dispelled will suck our mana dry. No dispel protection for any class except AF Lock is no bueno...Luminarum17 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Take Revelations? (Holy PvP) I want to play around with holy for non-rated bg. (Not interested in the 'Holy is no good for pvp' debate) Do I take Revelations? The reason I ask is because you can't cast HW: Chastise while replaced with HW: Serenity. I'm torn because they both seem so good for pvp. I know you can cancelaura to get back HW:Chastise, but I'm yet to find a way that achieves that without being awkward, mechanically speaking. (Open to suggestions on this to)Niks10 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Psychic Scream Just a quick question relating to our Psychic scream. I play shadow in pvp, both arena and BG's but have always had problems with my Psychic Screams. Now with my current build and gear I can take most melee players pretty well (aside from DK's). The players that really sit on me can be quite hard to beat though. Obviously Psychic horror is our main "peel" spell to try and help keep melee off us. My problem is the time in which the fear lasts, the spell if suppose to last 8 seconds for me however after I cast it, I don't even have time to cast a flash heal on myself (1.25 sec cast) or enough time to cast Vampiric Touch (1.25 sec cast) on the other player. It lasts for no longer than 1 second. When I pop the fear I either only have 2 dots on the target or none at all, so there is't enough damage to cause fear to drop. Obviously some times they trinket the fear but I normally wont use it until after someone has used their trinket (e.g - After they trinket my psychic horror) and it still only lasts maybe a maximum of 1 second, 1.5 at best. Any reason this is happening?Optumetrist6 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Holy word serenity in MoP Priestmedic2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Dont judge! Well maybe a little judging.... Hello Everyone, Looking for some people that can give a gear check and...well, check me out. So how im coming along :D http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Mugetsurkai/simpleMugetsurkai7 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 List of useful Disc Arena Macro's These are some of the macro's i use in 2's and 3's, when worked properly they can give you a huge advantage when trying to get out of a tight jam, cc, or need to throw some dps on a target i hope these help some peeps. first off i use some basic target macros these are the ones i used to get used to macro's before trying to implicate more macro's into my play style, so if you are new to arena's or macro's i suggest to give these ones a go first to see how you like it. the macro goes as follows /cast [@arenaX] spell....... you want to replace the X after arena with the numbers 1-5 depending on what ur running(2's, 3's or 5's) these should all be separate macro's,a thing to remember is that if ur using either the blizzard or Gladius Frames they work from top to bottom, top being number 1 and so on. this macro is great because you dont have to switch off ur current target to cast the specific spell wasting less time and giving u more time to heal or w/e. Mana burn /cast [@arena1] mana burn ....... this macro will target the top player in the Frames being in spot number 1. simply replace the 1 with 2,3,4, or 5 for other players. Shadow word: death /cast [@arena1] shadow word: death ...... this macro is great for breaking CC's on urself such as polly, so if you dont have the mage targeted simply hit this macro before the end of the cast and this will break the polly on urself, and if timed right can break scatter shot, and blind. Mind control /cast [@arena1] mind control ...... great for keeping a cc chain going or to give ur dps that extra few seconds to kill an opposing teammate. Dispel magic /cast [@arena1] dispel magic...... great for dispelling enemy player's useful buff's such as fear word, fort, shadow protection and so forth. these next few are great for certain comps u r facing so ur not always gonna be using them but when the time comes ur gonna be glad u had em handy. Shackle undead against unholy DK's garg. this macro is very useful to help slow dmg being done to u or a teammate, u will find Dk's who pop their use trinks and frenzy before popping garg to get more dps this macro will help shackle the garg with out targeting the garg. #showtooltip Shackle Undead /target [harm] Ebon Gargoyle /cast Shackle Undead /targetlasttarget this next macro is useful to help protect ur fiend when u need mana or when ur trying to burst dmg from being feared by priests, warriors, and locks, with this macro as soon as u pop ur fiend hit thhis macro to cast fear word on ur fiend. /cast [target=Shadowfiend] Fear Ward another one i have is awww crap moment when u need to pop a few CD's to keep alive, with this type of macro being a cast sequence u will need to hit the macro a few times, but ur only hitting one button so its great if u need to get out of a jam quick and get urself healed up. u can put these spells in any order u wish. #showtooltip /castsequence reset=target/combat pain suppression, desperate prayer, inner focus, power infusion and another simple one just to save some room on ur bars for fort and shadow protection. #showtooltip /castsequence reset=target/combat Power Word: Fortitude, Shadow Protection Please feel free to add any more to these i know there are more out there, im only trying to help is all xD GL to all the Disc's out there in Arenas!!!Testify3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Mind Control Uses (Realistic and Fun) I was wondering about who uses mind control in the priest community? i mean i recently got it and am having fun with it, but i dont know if its actually any use. along with the question, does it level? because i dont wanna hit lvl 41 if i cant mind control any more. Fun Uses: Mostly i just like to use this in pvp, but its fun to hide somewhere and just screw with people, seeing how you can make them do all sorts of stuff. but its not very long and DR is a pain Actual Uses: These, i were surprised to find, were actually fun and useful! probably the biggest one of them all would simply be: Arathi Basin Lumber Mill I mean seriously, any caster standing near the edge can easily be, ah, "Convinced" to back up. i used it on a shaman 2x in one game and it was hilarious and deadly. be careful though, dont try and move them too far because its easy to take unneeded damage while doing the fatal spell! #2 Above the Gold Mine (Arathi Basin) While not as often as the previous answer, it's much to the same affect. #3 All other stations except for GM and LM Basically this is a stalling tactic, if there is some heirloom-crazy (or epic) mage or paladin wrecking the battlefield you can send them running off (hopefully) into the water. giving them some delay. Note: this tactic can be used anywhere but terrain that allows simplistic delay (water,falling) is most useful. (It should also be known that i have only been in warsong and arathi as my priest, it's hard to judge usefulness in other BG's.) in warsong i can only see a few places where delaying them would be useful, although the best thing i can see is turning around the EFC to give some extra time. One horrible thing about mind control is the humanoids only word. that means druids and shamans can be tricky to get. (druids more-so) Wrapping it up the most general use is to make the healer run away as far as you can! I hope you can leave other ideas and comments. i hope mind control gets some more spotlight as a serious tool.Sanctius4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 [DISC] Help for healing End Time Hi guys, just wanted to ask for some help/tips/suggestions on how to heal End Time. I've healed Well of Eternity and Twilight Hour consistently and successfully but I'm really struggling with End Time for some reason. I have a problem on all of the bosses except the Tauren dude. I am geared decently enough to heal heroics (i.e. my item level is at 376, gearscore of around 10k). My biggest problem is with AoE damage and moving fights in End Time. I'm not sure if I've just been unlucky to have consistently grouped w/ bad DPS, but it seems that it is often the case when the whole groups suddenly takes large damage all at the same time with health of the dps dropping 20-30 percent very quickly. The other problem (especially in Murozond fight) is that I find myself seemingly out of range of dps so they die because I can't heal them and between moving out of the yellow debuffs and healing the tank, I really don't have the time to top off each of the DPS, not have enough healing output to heal on the move (I mean between Renew and Power Word: Shield, what else is there?). Prayer of Healing does very little healing and my healing output by spamming Prayer of Healing just can't match incoming damage. I often have to resort to Divine Hymn but of course that's on an 8 min cooldown. I'm not sure if this is really just a limitation of the Discipline spec of if there's something I can improve on. I have NO plans to heal as Holy (which is like the most boring, not fun healing spec in the whole of WoW for me) so advice to re-talent as Holy will be ignored. Please help. Really getting frustrated healing this one instance considering I'm not having any problem with the others.Wryver7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 PvP disc trinkets After my guild has gotten bored of farming heroic DS we are going to be doing fun PvP and some semi-serious RBGs till MoP. I was looking at all the top disc priests' gear and most of them are using the spirit Darkmoon Card trinket. Is there a reason to using this as opposed to a Normal/heroic trinket?? I would have thought they would try to grab a better trinket than that? Any responses would be greatly appreciatedJezbaby9 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Is going Shadow worth it? After hitting 30 on this guy, I decided to pick up a Shadow off-spec, and yeah, shadow is a nice diversion for when I get bored with healing, but I appear to be doing SIGNIFICANTLY LESS dps than other people in my random dungeons AND going oom way too quickly. So, should I stick to healing until I hit a certain level, or am I wrong in thinking that I should be putting DP and SW:P on all monsters in a mob before going using MF and MB once I get an orb or two?Twínk29 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Need some help with a comp Hey everyone! I'm not asking what is the overall best because I am more into playing what is fun and so on. I love playing my dk and will continue to but I really only enjoy him in bgs. I have posted in arena forums with no luck so i'm turning to here. So my brother has an ele shaman (he wont play resto) hunter and dk. My question is will a mage or s priest be good comp with either or these for 2s? I'm wanting to roll one or the other for mop. I have a resto druid so the fact that priest has a heal spec really isn't playing into my decision. I simply want another dps spec for 2s thats viable with my brothers classes. I like both and would level both just simply do not have the time so i am simply asking for suggestions. Thanks!Ginus0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Holy or disc? Which one is better for healing heroics nowadays?Khospital10 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Power Word Sheild This is just more of a curiosity. Who loves their power word shield ability? I know I do! Just one question - You can absorb all the nasty stuff thrown at you in WOW but you can’t absorb a interrupt spell ? i.e. Kick / charge /charms In my opinion it doesn’t make much sense. Anyone have my back on this?Whiteorb5 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Smitespec Stat Weights I was wondering if anyone had any solid stat weights for an attonement spec, or if they knew if there was a way to get simcraft to properly rate a smitepriest. So far, it looks like there's two ways to look at it- Pure dps benefit- Int>sp>haste>crit>mastery It would seem for healing, considering the shields that pop on crits, it might be worth it to weight crit more heavily? Plus, some numbers or ways to generate them for my character would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying it out as an offspec, and wanted to do it right. Thanks fellow Priests!Necrontyr30 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Arena.. Anyone else find it frustrating that when in 3v3 and healing, because you LOS some CC's and one of your members decides its a great idea to run halfway across the map, chasing a player for a kill, and manages to get thrown in a CC themselves right before they can finish them, that its entirely your fault because you didn't chase after them and dispel them instantly... I know at times its our fault, but when your fighting a good team, and really having to put out the pressure heals, and try to avoid getting controlled, that instant dispel doesn't always make it... =/Ångelique4 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Faction Change? I started playing WoW years ago and was horde...but when I got back into it my friends wanted me to play Alliance. Now I have two 85's (Prot Pally - Human, and Disc Priest - Worgen) I don't know if I should go horde or not and if I do, what are the best races for the above classes given the spec. I only PvE, no PvP. Thanks for the help.Falamen4 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Smite priests I need advice Okay so I won the maw in lfr today and I got really excited and went into a dungeon to try it out. It procced twice on every boss and always during prayer of healing (checked both healing and overhealing and it was usually once in each). I'm beginning to wonder if it doesn't proc off atonement. So my question (and I don't want to hear the BiS thing I've seen elsewhere) is smite priests elsewhere, does it not proc off atonement or am I just really unlucky?Missybunnie3 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Vengeful Dreadweave Hood (warlock) I'm trying to pick up the Vengelful Dread Hood on my priest for transmog but it seems that I can't see it in the list from the vendor in Area 52. Is this gear only unlockable to warlocks, or am I in the wrong place?Êlizabëth4 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Blizzard floating combat text Hey guys was wondering if there is an option to change the font or do i need to download an addon to change it? ThanksMowan3 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Heroic Morchok - Disc My guild is typically just a normal mode raiding guild, but we've been doing heroic morchok sense the debuff makes it so easy, and we're all fairly geared from regular DS. We are 10man, and do the fight with three healers. Myself as disc, another priest as holy, and a restro druid. We keep two healers on one side and one on the other. Usually we have the restro druid doing the solo side, but we decided to switch for a night, and no matter what I couldn't keep everyone up. It just bothers me that I can't do this while the equally geared restro druid can. I was hoping for some insight on why this is. Is it simply a class(spec) thing, or a play style thing, ect. As far as my spell usage, It was pretty much Shielding the tank, and soaker while trying to spam PoH as much as I could for divine aegis to keep damage down, and heal up the group. While of course healing the tank when necessary, and keeping my PoMs rolling.Faladin20 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Is improved mind blast worth it? [pvp] Against a healer such as myself, 10% reduced healing doesn't really phase me one bit. But now I'm thinking about things like a dpsers self heals. (I'm not sure if 2 sec reduced cooldown is that amg i must have it for 3 talent points either)Wofye4 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Need a bit of help (WoL parse) Hello! I'm a rather new shadow priest and was wondering if I could get individualized help with my performance. I have read multiple threads on the topic, but something isn't clicking on my end for sure. I use power auras and shadow timers as well as a mindflay clipping addon to assist me. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sjh66ru08xn6es3p/analyze/dd/source/ Feel free to tear me apart. Any help is greatly appreciated!Syntaks2 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Discipline end game healer: Evangelism? I'm now a LvL 71 Disc priest and I've probably had the most fun I've ever had LvLing a character... The point of making this priest is to immediately start gearing to heal end-game content. I love the Discipline mechanics and have gotten very used to healing 5-mans so I pretty much know all the spells (up to this point) very well and use them all accordingly. So my questions are... Is Evangelism viable at End-game? Will I be Atonement healing much at all if I did spec that way? Is Discipline more viable than Holy? Like I said, I'm very comfortable at this point playing discipline... but I'm always open towards a spec change if Holy is THAT much better than Discipline at End-game healing. Thanks.Okcomputer9 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Old Priest needs help Hey friendly priest forums...so I have accepted a SOR and am coming back to the game...it has been a long time and all of my buttons don't look too familiar. Looking for some positive input from other priests. 1. Should I go Disc or Holy as my healing spec? 2. Is SP fun to play now and any tips on that front would be awesome... 3. anyone have anything written recently that I could read up on my spare time (ie when I am at work) to help accelerate my return? Thanks in advance for any helpJesstice4 Jul 11, 2012