Priest

Apr 13, 2012 Shadow Priest DPS Benchmark I'm just wondering what kind of DPS I should be aiming for on a training dummy? I realize that DPS on a dummy doesn't really translate to a raid or dungeon.. but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.. or at least mostly right. I typically open with Mind Blast and follow with SWP, VT, and DP then Mind Flay until Mind Blast is off cooldown. I Mind Blast as often as possible and once Empowered Shadows is up I refresh VT and DP. I also use Dark Arcangel when it is ready and Shadowfiend on cooldown. I also use SWDeath when targets are below 25% health and I move as often as I can when using instant casts to try and force apparitions. My current ilevel is 383 and I am hitting around 19k DPS on a training dummy. Again, I would just like to know if this is lower than what I should be capable of and, if so, how to fix it. As far as I can tell, my gear is fully optimized with respect to most of the forums I've been reading. Thanks!!Incantatem12 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 New Priest Questions Hey! I recently came back to the game with a Scroll of Resurrection and decided to try out a Priest since I have played a Rogue as my main since BC. Currently I'm Shadow for leveling purposes but I plan on dual-speccing Disc and mainly playing Disc at 85 with a focus on PvP but I would like to try healing dungeons while leveling too. Shadow Questions: 1. What should be my main rotation for killing mobs while questing without burning too much mana and causing a lot of downtime? 2. What heals / abilities should I have accessible from Shadowform that cancel Shadowform? 3. What abilities are not needed as a Shadow Priest at all? (ones that I can completely remove from my bars) Disc: 1. How does leveling as Disc in Cataclysm compare to Shadow? 2. Would it be an issue if I tried healing Cataclysm dungeons in my current gear? 3. How should I be healing in dungeons, which spells should I be prioritizing and which spells should I be avoiding? 4. I know Disc Priests are the most offensive healers, in dungeons should I worry about trying to assist with DPS? 5. I remember from leveling my other characters during Cataclysm that Priests always had mana issues in dungeons, is this still true and can it be avoided? 6. What abilities are not needed as a Disc Priest at all? (ones that I can completely remove from my bars) Once I hit 85: 1. Would it be best to start grinding BGs for honor gear as Disc or Shadow? 2. Is it recommended to stay Shadow until I get proper Disc gear or could I start healing 5-Mans / Raids as Disc successfully from the start? Thanks!Vekzy5 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Rathrak or World Destroyer Thoughts opinions? Use rathrak for aoe such as Yor and Visage of the destroyer for non aoe?Kainet3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Interesting Void Shift Use? The level 90 Priest Talent, Void shift could have a very interesting ability tied too it. I do not know how it currently works in beta but what about if a priest could use it as a "Battle Rez" If you used Void Shift on a player that is Dead with 0% Health, it would Kill The Priest and rez the player with the percentage of health the priest had. You could use this strategically to: avoid complete wipes, Rez a down tank before everyone dies. It would add a nice reason for a Shadow Priest too choose this talent. This Would add an interesting Mechanic, Discuss?Lelot7 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Holy or disc... If i plan on doing heroics and LFR's most of the time at 85Kelsella17 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Magistrike arc Am i the only shadow priest having this proc at all vs mannoroth?Ureska14 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Another MoP patch with nothing for Shadow "It's early in the beta" "Priests are the last class to get attention, just wait and they'll get to us." I dunno about anyone else, but I'm starting to wonder if they ARE going to get to us. This is the third major patch and only one of those had anything interesting for us. I feel like they're just throwing us table scraps to shut us up, knowing they don't actually care about us as much as they clearly care about the other classes, especially warlocks, paladins, and mages. What I want is the same level of attention and love that they're showing others. Every patch they all get new toys, meaningful adjustments to old toys. It looks like they have a whole team devoted to each class, and there's a level of communication and discussion, it becomes a whole creative network capable of producing great ideas. Meanwhile, it feels like the Priest is an afterthought, something people remember twenty minutes until five, and go, "Oh right, what do we do about Priests?" "I dunno. I guess we can bring their heals up to par, sure." And then that one !@#$%^- in the corner squeaks, "Um, what about Shadow?" But everyone else is already packing up to go home. I mean, I realize Shadow is one spec of one class and can't expect to get the same attention that a whole class gets. But that's the problem - if the Priest gets attention, much of that is about their heals and Shadow gets nothing. I also realize this whole post is nothing but crying, but I've already written up a massive post bursting with constructive feedback and suggestions, here---> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4365754058 and I don't see how doing more of the same is going to help. I also feel it's a good thing to post, emotionally, about how I feel like I'm being treated. If Blizz has the customer relations policy I think they do, they do value this kind of emotional feedback. I feel neglected, and I'm far from the only one. Please devote more time and creative energy to our class, Blizz devs. We see other classes evolving, while we're staying the same.Annesh42 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 PvP Disc Priests! I need your help! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4422152590 Here is a thread I made about a day or 2 ago regarding questions that involve arena as I quit in 2009 and just came back recently and just hit 85. My main issue now that some of them have been answered are as followed... 1. Who are the ideal 2s partners for Disc Priests? I used to be paired with Mutilate Rogues, Affliction Locks, and Frost Mages. 2. The new resilience gear I know has to be around 4k resilience before you are pretty much not going to explode. Is it ideal to get 3 piece Mooncloth and 2 piece Satin? Or just 5 piece Mooncloth? If I'm mixing, which should be which? 3. How much spell penetration is needed now to guarantee land a Mass Dispel hit? 4. I've noticed that the Mana Burn cast reduction that was in the Disc tree has been removed. Do we still Mana Burn often? If so, how do you deal with the fact that we just lost a 1 second cast reduction on Mana Burn? 5. What is the best way to maximize the usefulness of Leap of Faith? Thanks!Anæsthetic6 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 My HPS Im currently running ~14k hps in my gear. on some fights i go as high as 18.5k, but mostly im around 14k. i do have very low overhealing but i still get yelled at regardless. should i be spamming heals when i dont think its needed just to pad my numbers?Prophette11 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Do you guys like my transmog? Take me almost a month to get this setAelara11 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Another LoL Lifegrip! So I am sure we all use this ability for good and evil purposes. Earlier today I was doing LFR and there was this one Warlock who would kind of just AFK trash pulls and such and finally when we get to Hagara I notice he puts his character in a far side of the room and just AFKs the fight. So first Ice Phase....LifeGrip+Dispersion(thinking he's just afk), guy starts RAGING HARD! Apparently he has guildies in there and he told them he was going afk...Gets a BRez... Next Ice Phase >.< So...Share your stories! Did you save a straggling DPS or did you Lifegrip someone off a cliff?Ashrynn8 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Grip of Faith A movement talent that would be a reverse Leap of Faith, instead it pulls the priest to it's target, and shares a cooldown with Leap of Faith or puts a reduced cooldown on itHardmrzoux3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Question about Spriest trinkets So given the fact that the 2 DS trinkets are in such high demand and it could be a very long time before I could obtain them, is it still worth buying Darkmoon: Volcano? They run around 4.5 to 5k on my server. Thanks in advance.Vhakur7 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 1st time healing in a 5-man! So I did my first run as a healer in Deadmines. I used healbot which was pretty amazing, worked very well. After 2nd pull the tank asks me if I'm a girl, to which I respond "no". His reply "well, you heal like one". I never let him (or any other member) sink below ~60%....I'm thinking WTF is this guys prob. After the last boss, a DPS aplogized for the tank's remark and thanked me for the heals. I'm feeling pretty stoked, can't wait for the next one.Plixet10 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Divine Aegis Why is this showing up in Recount as a heal? It is not a heal it absorbs damage. Another Disc priest out healed everyone in LFR with lower gear and overwhelmingly with Divine Aegis as the top "heal". That makes no sense it isn't a healing spell.Amandarah18 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 very frustrated with my dps Just ran a 5 man with similarly geared moonkin and he beat me by 8k dps. I admit I am missing a few gems and enchants but so was he. I have read the post on our priority system and followed the retorts recommendations from howtopriest. What am I doing wrong that I am stuck at 16k dps? Pls assist. Ty.Valdea0 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 For those with 2 heal specs? Do you have 2 sets or gear one holy spec and one disc or do you just heal in the gear? I'm wanting to try holy again, but I really don't want to have to reforge and gem differently all over again. I mean I'm at 2200 spi plus the lfr trink which puts me around 3k spi. Would I need to reforge if I went holy or could I do holy in this gear as is?Shearwater14 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Disc on Heroic Spine Hi. I just wanted to ask a few question about Disc on HM Spine (10-man). How is DA applied on targets with the healing debuff. If the heal is fully absorbed, would the DA shield still be applied as if the healing was not absorbed? Does Veiled Shadows make a considerable difference in the fight? I intend to pop it every time it's available on the Burning Tendons. Would getting Veiled Shadows likely result in me casting it more often in that fight? Or would the reduced CD likely be wasted waiting for the plate to come up? I know this might vary with the amount of damage each group has and how quickly they can roll, etc. etc, but what's your experience on it? How about Train of Thought? Is this one of those instances you've felt it was particularly useful? If you have other suggestions you found particularly useful, I'd appreciate it. :)Moringa8 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Why do Shadow Priests put up with so much? I'm somewhat of an outsider, but my perspective on this spec is heavily opinionated. I don't understand why Shadow Priests have put up with so much for so long. I remember how Spriests were brought to raids solely for their mana return. This lasted ages and there wasn't even a fix before the complete class overhaul with Cata. Now we're on the third major patch and at the end of the expansion and the devs are finally admitting that the way our Orbs work is being fixed. For God's sake, why does this spec get the leftovers of the devs schedule time and time again? And why do Spriests just let them get away with it? What do you think?Madnbad19 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Starting work on.... Heroic spine... and I'm taking over the raid next week..... Why me god, why me?Dispersing21 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Old School Spell Priest Glyph Ideas Originally posted in MoP forums: ... There has been some talk about returning some of the old Priest racial abilities that used to be in the game but were removed. With Devouring Plague being removed/altered. Only Fear Ward and Chastise will be left. I had an idea where some of the glyphs could change the effect of the spells to mimic Night Elf Priest (Arcane) spells, but all Priests could use them. From a lore perspective, it would not be far fetched as the different races are exposed to each other they might prefer the Night Elven method of protecting themselves. (Including Tauren who have had diplomatic with Night Elves since they have shared Moonglade) So the idea is that any Priest could change their Holy damage abilities. ... The spell names come from either Night Elf lore or from the spells used by Tyrande during Well of Eternity. I'm using the names more for a reference, as opposed to saying the spell names need to change, just the visual effects/Holy to Arcane. You can see how the spells could look from that dungeon and they have already been coded into the game. Also these effects already exist which I think is another advantage. There could also be a Feedback Glyph that places Shadow Orbs around your weapon. Is any other group interested in having these type of changes, or is this something you think only Night Elf Priests would even care about?Peacepriest3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 more disc help AOE healing I'm trying to get into raid healing but i'm terribly confused. Single target is fine. I realize I'm not being the most effecient, or i assume im not..but single target,pws,penance and greater heal seem to work. If damage is slow I throw smites into the mix and try and get 5 stacks of whatever and hit archangel. When the damage starts to be everywhere, either in heroics or LFR I freeze. mending, prayer of healing seem to be by best bet but I'm assuming spamming prayer of healing is not what I'm supposed to be doing or shooting shields all over the place. If I can't handle these I don't want to be a liability in a real raid setting. Example, towards the end of ultraxion..what should i be doing to be the greatest help to the raid? Is there a rule of thumb? Some basic mechanic that I'm not getting. I've read the stickies but it's not clear. Someone dumb it down for me?Whend8 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 How is shadow PvP? I'm wondering how good shadow priest's are in PvP. Survivability, Damage, CC, 1v1, and against groups. :) thanks for the helpBickslow17 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Disc/Feral/XXX 3s comp So I just transferred my priest to play with a couple buddies and we are trying to decide what 3v3 arena comp to run. I will be playing disc, one friend will be playing feral, and the final friend has an assortment of characters he could play, a mage, a rogue, a dk or a warr. Are any of these comps significantly more or less useful than any of the others? We won't be trying to get gladiator or anything, but I want to be sure the comp we choose would at least be viable to 2k or so. Thanks for your inputKvedulf6 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Disc pvp trinkets I have the basic pvp trinket but what should I get for my second one?Uncommon6 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Disc PvP questions re: gear/spec I just hit 85 on this toon this week and got my honor gear, but I have some questions regarding discipline PvP play, which no stickies or guides seem to cover. Keep in mind, this is my first caster since BC, and game mechanics have changed completely, so I apologize if some of these are questions that get answered all the time. If you'd rather skip the questions and just critique my current setup, that's perfectly fine with me. Firstly, gear - I know I want to have 100% hit chance on 85s so fear doesn't miss, but how about spell penetration? How much is considered appropriate, given that Shadow Protection is so prevalent? The ol' staff vs dagger/OH - for PvP, which ultimately yields better stats? And should I keep Power Torrent enchant? Am I correct in going for so much spirit? I started as Resto on my Druid before realizing how horrible it is in PvP, and spirit was a pretty important stat - but Druids also don't have the mana management spells that Priests do. As for spec, is Divine Fury something I should opt for? I don't use Heal/GHeal much, if ever, but perhaps that's something that I need to fix. I don't have a ton of mana problems at this point, so I think I'm okay with just using Flash Heal and instants, but if this is a noob mistake I'm willing to correct it. In my current spec, I had an extra talent point laying around, so I threw it into Inner Sanctum because I didn't know what the hell else to do with it. On every character there's a moment when someone points out a talent that I figured would be worthless, but it turns out to be crucial, so I'd hate to pass that up. Lastly, glyphs. I think I'm happy with my glyphs except for Glyph of Renew. Is there a better PvP glyph? While I throw up Renew often, it seems awfully mana inefficient. In terms of actual play, I'm great at keeping myself up with the HP trinket and Desperate Prayer, but once that's on CD, I have Weakened Soul, and PoM is on CD, it's impossible to get a heal off because of the myriad silences and kicks that every class has. Outside of Inner Focus and Fear, am I missing something that will help me get those Flash Heals off while getting smacked? Should I sacrifice some spirit for haste? I realize I asked an awful lot of questions, but any help from experienced PvPers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.Maalik15 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Macro Help I am looking for a little help here. I want one button to be able to cast mind sear when I am targeting the tank and if I am targeting the enemy I want to be able to cast shadow word death.Peacant2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Lots of Noob That's what I am. I've been reading a bit here on the loverly Priest forums, but I'm still a little lost, PvE wise. I'm only doing LFR atm, since I'm hella poor from leveling my professions, and none of my gear is right, especially the enchants since I just enchant my PvE gear with my chitty enchants I need to lvl enchanting, but I think I need High Spirit and Mastery for shielding the fffffff out of tanks right? I'm pretty sure the other raid healer(s) will be an Rdruid and/or an HPriest/Hpally. Any adjustments recommended to my PvE spec? Should be the secondary one, and in LFR I'm having mana issues on some fights, primarily Madness, though I haven't gone oom in a long time, I just sometimes feel like I have no where near enough mana. I shield, PoM, Penance, and GH, using inner focus on CD for tanks and PoH raid during high AoE dmg phases, throwing a shield out for rapture as best I can. Am I doing it right, or is gear causing my sometimes mana issues? Also even if it is just lfr, what kind of HPS am I looking for, and how do I better minimize my overhealing, cause sometimes it feels like I'm wicked overhealing and while its nothing compared to the overhealing done by the other healers... Iunno I just feel like a baddie sometimes in lfr, when my numbers get crushed. Edit:Added ish about my enchants and why they suckHealsyea15 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 85 Shadow PvP Build I posted this question yesterday but I wasn't specific. To clarify, I'm talking about 85 PvP. I'm still confused as to why people choose Veiled Shadows (the reduced cooldown on Fade and Shadowfiend seem useless to me esp. in arenas bcuz of how short the matches are) and don't place points inISW:P and Paralysis. BTW If there's a difference in a good arena build vs. a BG build please let me know how I should tweak them. Below is the most popular shadow PvP build. What's your opinion? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZZhrGddkrdzdoShadowdance2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 New beta build... And not a single change for priests...other than changing some spell coefficients around. When is it going to be time to speak up? It's like they never got started on us, but now they're done...past all the changes and simply tweaking numbers at this point.Vahlor4 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 SPriest Talents? I've looked at popular builds but I'm still confused as to why people chose the things they chose, such as: 1) Why Sin & Punishment instead of Imp Shadow Word: Pain - does the increased dmg for SW:P not stack w/ the Twin Disciplines talent? 2) Why Shadowy Apparition (which I've read rarely procs and when it does the apparition doesn't make it to the target before you kill them) over Paralysis? 3) Why Veiled Shadows? 6 sec. off Fade and 1 min. off Shadowfiend seems like nothing compared to other talents you could choose from. 4) Why Mental Agility over Imp Shadow Word: Shield? More mana seems a bit silly when we have Vampiric Touch, Shadowfiend, Dispersion, Masochism & Glyph of Spirit Tap. Anyways, here is my build. Please provide feedback. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfRoZZGMGdrkrdd0o Thank you!!! EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about 85 PvP. Below is the most popular shadow PvP build. How would you tweak it? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZZhrGddkrdzdoShadowdance12 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 (Shadow) Heroic Spine reforging/Trinkets I have the rotation down with my 4pc so thats all good, but right now im just wondering about what kind of reforging i should be doing. Right now im mainly Mastery/Crit reforging out of haste and staying around the Hit cap (which i believe is important on this fight, correct me if im wrong) Also, for trinket i have a few trinket i have gathered up nothing really amazing Will of Unbinding Insignia of the Corrupted Mind Necromantic Focus and the mandatory Bottled Wishes Ive been using the Bottled wishes and Necromantic focus. I find focus easy to keep up with multi dotting the bloods, plus the mastery bonus isn't bad imo. I would use Will of Unbinding, but that damn thing is too hard to keep stacks. And Insignia really screws around my burst rotation causing my MS/MB not to line up with my orbs. Maybe im completely wrong about trinket choice here, im just looking for some insight thats all, anything helps. Heres my logs from Monday night (I healed it tonight since our Rshaman couldn't make it) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aq7yq19gq8e893rw/details/2/ Thanks! Edit: I also find myself spamming the living hell out of Mind Flay to get my Feind back up for the burn phases, i think thats the right thing to do.Avía1 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Disc priest healing RMP need advice. I have looked at multiple high ranked Dpriests healing RMP to see what stack your supposed to stack. Iv seen some with spirit some with haste and some hit? All of them are above like 2300 this season so i'm curious if anyone actually knows what to do as far as stats.Protaus3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 [Priest] Lets revisit Shadow Crash as Talent I decided to share my idea to those of you who cant post on the beta forums... Original Topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4422362586 Shadow Crash (Shadow) Fires a shadow missile at a target, dealing [moderate] shadow damage to all enemies near the impact point and knocking them away 8 yards (and perhaps knocking them down similar to warriors Dragon Roar). 2 min cooldown. This ability is eligible to be powered up through the use of shadow orbs, Each shadow orb consumed when using this ability increases the damage by 10%, knock back by 1 yard & knock down effects by 1 second. (Warrior talent) Dragon Roar 1 min cooldown Roar ferociously, causing 200 damage to all enemies within 10 yards, knocking them back and knocking them down for 5 sec. Shadow Crash (Healing spec)... lets call it Fires of Heaven... Fires of Heaven (Healing) Fires a Fiery missile from the heavens at a target, healing [25%] health to all allies near the impact point and causing Cauterize Healing, Quickly provides all allies near the impact point to gain Cauterize Healing effect which provides X amount of damage absorb in the first second and slowly increases the absorb by X amount over 10 seconds as long as the shield remains. Lasts 20 seconds and the Cauterize Healing absorb shield is dispelable. 2 min cooldown. Glyph of Heavens Shadow: Your Shadow Crash ability no longer knocks back (or knock down or both?) but now stuns for half of the duration. Your Fires of Heaven no longer heals for any amount but instead shrouds your allies is an impenetrable barrier that protects from all damage and spells for 5 seconds. (take out or keep Cauterize Healing effect with this glyph?)Anuerysm0 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Disc PvP Noob Hey folks. I am switching over from Shadow to Disc for PvP. I am still...very new and suck at it. My gear is all s10 still from when I played Shadow. Matter of fact, all my gear is still reforged with a bunch of haste for Shadow. I am trying to buy all the S11 Disc pieces, but it is slow going. I mainly need the practice. So! I need some help with what to do. Here is what I mainly do: Buff appropriately: I always use Inner Fire versus Inner Will unless I am trying to keep up with a flag carrier. Any other exceptions? Bubble > PoM > Spot Renew > Flash Heal I only ever cast Greater Heal if I know I'll be able to even get one off. I never cast Heal because it just doesn't seem to heal for crap. My biggest issue is mana right now. I run out extremely fast. If there are heavy damage periods, I pretty much can't keep up. And that makes me useless as a healer. I'm assuming this is mostly gear. Rapture doesn't seem to replenish enough mana for me either. I rarely use Binding Heal or Prayer of Healing. I also only use Holy Nova to uncover stealthies. Also, I only put one point into Atonement because I'm not very good at switching from damaging an enemy to targeting my allies and healing quickly. Is it something I should practice? I almost always save Pain Suppression for when I am being focused. And PW:B I save for heavy damage phases as well. I think it just takes practice and gear to know what to do in any given situation. But any advice is appreciated. Oh, one more thing! Does Mana Burn depend on spell power? Cause I have been mana burned by other priests and they take a small dent to their mana whereas if I try, I go OOM only after a few casts and hardly do anything to enemy priests. Would love an answer for that too. EDIT: One more thing. Dispelling all the time. Should I bother?Caerrie3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Holy Nova I had heard a while back that they were going to attempt to rework this spell into Discipline's AoE heal, but haven't heard any updates since then. I'm assuming this idea was completely scrapped, since there hasn't been much talk from beta users. Can anyone confirm/deny? Are we stuck with PoH?Cindela6 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Healing into Cata Just wanted to pop in and say what a difference 5 man healing has been going from pre-Cata to Cata dungeons. It's like my heals don't heal nearly as much but don't take nearly as much mana so I can spam them now. I'm using the same spells but how I use them is just suddenly different. For instance, I can spam Shield now where as before I'd go oom if I did that too much. Weird. Anyway, Disc healing is fun so far!Orianne3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Shadow priest mana conservation. Hey guys, I have a level 40 priest that I've picked up and put down, mostly put down until now. I was wondering; how do I conserve mana at this level? I have troubles with ooming once I'm in combat and I was hoping to get some tips. Thankies in advance ^.^Twovtwo9 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Your thought on holy Howdy, I just began to replay with my priest ( havent done since wotlk). Last night I was amaze on how holy healing was effecient, fun, powerful, well at least, compare to druid healing. Do you guy's think this is the best healing class, as for now?Deathfloats27 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Spriest specs: is this still true? From the most excellent sticky thread: General Reforge List Mastery --> Haste > Spirit/Hit until cap > Crit Crit ---> Haste > Spirit/Hit until cap Spirit (Only if above hit cap) ---> Haste > Crit > Mastery Is this still true? Thread over a year old and I know things change. Basically do I need more crit? I've been reforging into mastery for more DPS. Comments? EDIT: Raiding buildMelchezidek5 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 70 Twink Good Afternoon. I'm creating my priest to have fun with in the 70 Twink bracket and I was wondering if there was any information out there regarding gear upgrades. I saw that there is a rogue site dedicated to BIS gear for twinking, and I was wondering if there was anything out there for priests as well. I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!Tunawrap1 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Empowered Shadow newbie question Since Empowered Shadow does not affect the dots that are already on the target, wouldn't it make more sense for me to wait until those dots (DP and VT) are both about to fall off before casting mind blast and then refreshing DP and VT or would you recommend that I keep Empowered Shadow up at all time regardless of the time left on my dots? Thank you in advance.Sunken3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Lightwell and pugs.. I have been leveling my priest as holy and it seems people plain refuse to use lightwell, I simply can't wrap my head around why.. In mara today, druid standing in 8 poison clouds stacked on top of him forcing me to spam flash heal to keep him alive, my lightwell was right next to him. I even told him to use it, yet he simply refused. ... Of course tranq is stronger but LW is up there, so my question is.. Why? I just can not understand why you wouldn't use it, especially after your healer telling you to. I have had one person use it the last 3 dungeons, it was a mage who was taking minor damage. The tanks never did, nor did the dps. Some even died instead of using it as I was oom from spamming flash heal to keep them alive through stupid mistakes. Talking to a priest friend he agrees with me and believes the problem is people just don't understand just how strong the heal is, do any other priests face this problem and what has worked for you to try get people to use it.. (inb4 re-roll disc, I find disc at low levels boring).Miirkat28 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Atonement? How mandatory is atonement? I like Disc healing but at the same time I like *just* healing. How much am I hurting myself by not taking atonement?Larsardion14 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Looking to improve my DPS Would you guys mind checking out my Ultrax log from this week? I feel like I could be doing better dps on him and am looking for tips to squeeze every drop of dps I can out of my gear. I am using normal rotation, and the MS+MB rotation every time my fiend is available.Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cv7nuvzz3r70x510/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=Aethiest8 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Shadow PVP question. What should i Gem with? I been told to use int/crit. Also should I 1H dagger and off hand? or the staff?Echonight8 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Shadow Form at lvl 20? While looking over the new changes being made in the Priest class in Cataclysm, I noticed they changed all the talent trees around. I noticed that they moved Shadow Form to a Tier 3 spell. So does that mean that you can get Shadow Form at lvl 20 instead of 40 or did they change how the points are distributed? Smighty5 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Two healing (H)Morchok? Good Morning everyone! On sunday my raid group was able to finally kill deathwing. :D It was only our first kill and our RL wants to jump into Heroic Morchok and he also just wants to TWO heal it. I'm quite nervous that The other healer and I are not geared enough. We did two heal deathwing, but I two-healed it with another healer that has already downed him and we will be taking a resto druid and a disc priest (me) I watched the boss guides, and a lot of them said that taking FOUR healers the first time was the best and as you progress taking 2-3 is fine. Is it smart to be two healing (H)Morchok on our first try, and not even killing deathwing twice or maybe more? Edit: Also, is there a certain reforge I should be going with? Like heavy mastery and spirit? I currently use the high haste/mastery reforge, but low spirit, will this continue to work throughout heroic fights?Vallentha32 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Holy confusion I dont know many holy priests and am stumped as to which direction to go with my holy spec. I really would like the mana saving of Mental Agility but im also in love with the reduced cooldown of vieled shadows, additionally i would absolutely want to keep the haste from Darkness. Lightwell is the most horrid spell in existance in my opinion, and the glyphs seem to me menial at best. Also im wondering about the "rotation" of a holy priest, especially in situation where there isnt just rediculous amounts of aoe dmg, and about the use of renew.Darkksmite6 Apr 9, 2012