Priest

Apr 12, 2012 more disc help AOE healing I'm trying to get into raid healing but i'm terribly confused. Single target is fine. I realize I'm not being the most effecient, or i assume im not..but single target,pws,penance and greater heal seem to work. If damage is slow I throw smites into the mix and try and get 5 stacks of whatever and hit archangel. When the damage starts to be everywhere, either in heroics or LFR I freeze. mending, prayer of healing seem to be by best bet but I'm assuming spamming prayer of healing is not what I'm supposed to be doing or shooting shields all over the place. If I can't handle these I don't want to be a liability in a real raid setting. Example, towards the end of ultraxion..what should i be doing to be the greatest help to the raid? Is there a rule of thumb? Some basic mechanic that I'm not getting. I've read the stickies but it's not clear. Someone dumb it down for me?Whend8 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 How is shadow PvP? I'm wondering how good shadow priest's are in PvP. Survivability, Damage, CC, 1v1, and against groups. :) thanks for the helpBickslow17 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Disc/Feral/XXX 3s comp So I just transferred my priest to play with a couple buddies and we are trying to decide what 3v3 arena comp to run. I will be playing disc, one friend will be playing feral, and the final friend has an assortment of characters he could play, a mage, a rogue, a dk or a warr. Are any of these comps significantly more or less useful than any of the others? We won't be trying to get gladiator or anything, but I want to be sure the comp we choose would at least be viable to 2k or so. Thanks for your inputKvedulf6 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Disc pvp trinkets I have the basic pvp trinket but what should I get for my second one?Uncommon6 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Disc PvP questions re: gear/spec I just hit 85 on this toon this week and got my honor gear, but I have some questions regarding discipline PvP play, which no stickies or guides seem to cover. Keep in mind, this is my first caster since BC, and game mechanics have changed completely, so I apologize if some of these are questions that get answered all the time. If you'd rather skip the questions and just critique my current setup, that's perfectly fine with me. Firstly, gear - I know I want to have 100% hit chance on 85s so fear doesn't miss, but how about spell penetration? How much is considered appropriate, given that Shadow Protection is so prevalent? The ol' staff vs dagger/OH - for PvP, which ultimately yields better stats? And should I keep Power Torrent enchant? Am I correct in going for so much spirit? I started as Resto on my Druid before realizing how horrible it is in PvP, and spirit was a pretty important stat - but Druids also don't have the mana management spells that Priests do. As for spec, is Divine Fury something I should opt for? I don't use Heal/GHeal much, if ever, but perhaps that's something that I need to fix. I don't have a ton of mana problems at this point, so I think I'm okay with just using Flash Heal and instants, but if this is a noob mistake I'm willing to correct it. In my current spec, I had an extra talent point laying around, so I threw it into Inner Sanctum because I didn't know what the hell else to do with it. On every character there's a moment when someone points out a talent that I figured would be worthless, but it turns out to be crucial, so I'd hate to pass that up. Lastly, glyphs. I think I'm happy with my glyphs except for Glyph of Renew. Is there a better PvP glyph? While I throw up Renew often, it seems awfully mana inefficient. In terms of actual play, I'm great at keeping myself up with the HP trinket and Desperate Prayer, but once that's on CD, I have Weakened Soul, and PoM is on CD, it's impossible to get a heal off because of the myriad silences and kicks that every class has. Outside of Inner Focus and Fear, am I missing something that will help me get those Flash Heals off while getting smacked? Should I sacrifice some spirit for haste? I realize I asked an awful lot of questions, but any help from experienced PvPers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.Maalik15 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Macro Help I am looking for a little help here. I want one button to be able to cast mind sear when I am targeting the tank and if I am targeting the enemy I want to be able to cast shadow word death.Peacant2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Lots of Noob That's what I am. I've been reading a bit here on the loverly Priest forums, but I'm still a little lost, PvE wise. I'm only doing LFR atm, since I'm hella poor from leveling my professions, and none of my gear is right, especially the enchants since I just enchant my PvE gear with my chitty enchants I need to lvl enchanting, but I think I need High Spirit and Mastery for shielding the fffffff out of tanks right? I'm pretty sure the other raid healer(s) will be an Rdruid and/or an HPriest/Hpally. Any adjustments recommended to my PvE spec? Should be the secondary one, and in LFR I'm having mana issues on some fights, primarily Madness, though I haven't gone oom in a long time, I just sometimes feel like I have no where near enough mana. I shield, PoM, Penance, and GH, using inner focus on CD for tanks and PoH raid during high AoE dmg phases, throwing a shield out for rapture as best I can. Am I doing it right, or is gear causing my sometimes mana issues? Also even if it is just lfr, what kind of HPS am I looking for, and how do I better minimize my overhealing, cause sometimes it feels like I'm wicked overhealing and while its nothing compared to the overhealing done by the other healers... Iunno I just feel like a baddie sometimes in lfr, when my numbers get crushed. Edit:Added ish about my enchants and why they suckHealsyea15 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 85 Shadow PvP Build I posted this question yesterday but I wasn't specific. To clarify, I'm talking about 85 PvP. I'm still confused as to why people choose Veiled Shadows (the reduced cooldown on Fade and Shadowfiend seem useless to me esp. in arenas bcuz of how short the matches are) and don't place points inISW:P and Paralysis. BTW If there's a difference in a good arena build vs. a BG build please let me know how I should tweak them. Below is the most popular shadow PvP build. What's your opinion? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZZhrGddkrdzdoShadowdance2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 New beta build... And not a single change for priests...other than changing some spell coefficients around. When is it going to be time to speak up? It's like they never got started on us, but now they're done...past all the changes and simply tweaking numbers at this point.Vahlor4 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 SPriest Talents? I've looked at popular builds but I'm still confused as to why people chose the things they chose, such as: 1) Why Sin & Punishment instead of Imp Shadow Word: Pain - does the increased dmg for SW:P not stack w/ the Twin Disciplines talent? 2) Why Shadowy Apparition (which I've read rarely procs and when it does the apparition doesn't make it to the target before you kill them) over Paralysis? 3) Why Veiled Shadows? 6 sec. off Fade and 1 min. off Shadowfiend seems like nothing compared to other talents you could choose from. 4) Why Mental Agility over Imp Shadow Word: Shield? More mana seems a bit silly when we have Vampiric Touch, Shadowfiend, Dispersion, Masochism & Glyph of Spirit Tap. Anyways, here is my build. Please provide feedback. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfRoZZGMGdrkrdd0o Thank you!!! EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about 85 PvP. Below is the most popular shadow PvP build. How would you tweak it? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZZhrGddkrdzdoShadowdance12 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 (Shadow) Heroic Spine reforging/Trinkets I have the rotation down with my 4pc so thats all good, but right now im just wondering about what kind of reforging i should be doing. Right now im mainly Mastery/Crit reforging out of haste and staying around the Hit cap (which i believe is important on this fight, correct me if im wrong) Also, for trinket i have a few trinket i have gathered up nothing really amazing Will of Unbinding Insignia of the Corrupted Mind Necromantic Focus and the mandatory Bottled Wishes Ive been using the Bottled wishes and Necromantic focus. I find focus easy to keep up with multi dotting the bloods, plus the mastery bonus isn't bad imo. I would use Will of Unbinding, but that damn thing is too hard to keep stacks. And Insignia really screws around my burst rotation causing my MS/MB not to line up with my orbs. Maybe im completely wrong about trinket choice here, im just looking for some insight thats all, anything helps. Heres my logs from Monday night (I healed it tonight since our Rshaman couldn't make it) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aq7yq19gq8e893rw/details/2/ Thanks! Edit: I also find myself spamming the living hell out of Mind Flay to get my Feind back up for the burn phases, i think thats the right thing to do.Avía1 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Disc priest healing RMP need advice. I have looked at multiple high ranked Dpriests healing RMP to see what stack your supposed to stack. Iv seen some with spirit some with haste and some hit? All of them are above like 2300 this season so i'm curious if anyone actually knows what to do as far as stats.Protaus3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 [Priest] Lets revisit Shadow Crash as Talent I decided to share my idea to those of you who cant post on the beta forums... Original Topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4422362586 Shadow Crash (Shadow) Fires a shadow missile at a target, dealing [moderate] shadow damage to all enemies near the impact point and knocking them away 8 yards (and perhaps knocking them down similar to warriors Dragon Roar). 2 min cooldown. This ability is eligible to be powered up through the use of shadow orbs, Each shadow orb consumed when using this ability increases the damage by 10%, knock back by 1 yard & knock down effects by 1 second. (Warrior talent) Dragon Roar 1 min cooldown Roar ferociously, causing 200 damage to all enemies within 10 yards, knocking them back and knocking them down for 5 sec. Shadow Crash (Healing spec)... lets call it Fires of Heaven... Fires of Heaven (Healing) Fires a Fiery missile from the heavens at a target, healing [25%] health to all allies near the impact point and causing Cauterize Healing, Quickly provides all allies near the impact point to gain Cauterize Healing effect which provides X amount of damage absorb in the first second and slowly increases the absorb by X amount over 10 seconds as long as the shield remains. Lasts 20 seconds and the Cauterize Healing absorb shield is dispelable. 2 min cooldown. Glyph of Heavens Shadow: Your Shadow Crash ability no longer knocks back (or knock down or both?) but now stuns for half of the duration. Your Fires of Heaven no longer heals for any amount but instead shrouds your allies is an impenetrable barrier that protects from all damage and spells for 5 seconds. (take out or keep Cauterize Healing effect with this glyph?)Anuerysm0 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Disc PvP Noob Hey folks. I am switching over from Shadow to Disc for PvP. I am still...very new and suck at it. My gear is all s10 still from when I played Shadow. Matter of fact, all my gear is still reforged with a bunch of haste for Shadow. I am trying to buy all the S11 Disc pieces, but it is slow going. I mainly need the practice. So! I need some help with what to do. Here is what I mainly do: Buff appropriately: I always use Inner Fire versus Inner Will unless I am trying to keep up with a flag carrier. Any other exceptions? Bubble > PoM > Spot Renew > Flash Heal I only ever cast Greater Heal if I know I'll be able to even get one off. I never cast Heal because it just doesn't seem to heal for crap. My biggest issue is mana right now. I run out extremely fast. If there are heavy damage periods, I pretty much can't keep up. And that makes me useless as a healer. I'm assuming this is mostly gear. Rapture doesn't seem to replenish enough mana for me either. I rarely use Binding Heal or Prayer of Healing. I also only use Holy Nova to uncover stealthies. Also, I only put one point into Atonement because I'm not very good at switching from damaging an enemy to targeting my allies and healing quickly. Is it something I should practice? I almost always save Pain Suppression for when I am being focused. And PW:B I save for heavy damage phases as well. I think it just takes practice and gear to know what to do in any given situation. But any advice is appreciated. Oh, one more thing! Does Mana Burn depend on spell power? Cause I have been mana burned by other priests and they take a small dent to their mana whereas if I try, I go OOM only after a few casts and hardly do anything to enemy priests. Would love an answer for that too. EDIT: One more thing. Dispelling all the time. Should I bother?Caerrie3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Holy Nova I had heard a while back that they were going to attempt to rework this spell into Discipline's AoE heal, but haven't heard any updates since then. I'm assuming this idea was completely scrapped, since there hasn't been much talk from beta users. Can anyone confirm/deny? Are we stuck with PoH?Cindela6 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Healing into Cata Just wanted to pop in and say what a difference 5 man healing has been going from pre-Cata to Cata dungeons. It's like my heals don't heal nearly as much but don't take nearly as much mana so I can spam them now. I'm using the same spells but how I use them is just suddenly different. For instance, I can spam Shield now where as before I'd go oom if I did that too much. Weird. Anyway, Disc healing is fun so far!Orianne3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Shadow priest mana conservation. Hey guys, I have a level 40 priest that I've picked up and put down, mostly put down until now. I was wondering; how do I conserve mana at this level? I have troubles with ooming once I'm in combat and I was hoping to get some tips. Thankies in advance ^.^Twovtwo9 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Your thought on holy Howdy, I just began to replay with my priest ( havent done since wotlk). Last night I was amaze on how holy healing was effecient, fun, powerful, well at least, compare to druid healing. Do you guy's think this is the best healing class, as for now?Deathfloats27 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Spriest specs: is this still true? From the most excellent sticky thread: General Reforge List Mastery --> Haste > Spirit/Hit until cap > Crit Crit ---> Haste > Spirit/Hit until cap Spirit (Only if above hit cap) ---> Haste > Crit > Mastery Is this still true? Thread over a year old and I know things change. Basically do I need more crit? I've been reforging into mastery for more DPS. Comments? EDIT: Raiding buildMelchezidek5 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 70 Twink Good Afternoon. I'm creating my priest to have fun with in the 70 Twink bracket and I was wondering if there was any information out there regarding gear upgrades. I saw that there is a rogue site dedicated to BIS gear for twinking, and I was wondering if there was anything out there for priests as well. I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!Tunawrap1 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Empowered Shadow newbie question Since Empowered Shadow does not affect the dots that are already on the target, wouldn't it make more sense for me to wait until those dots (DP and VT) are both about to fall off before casting mind blast and then refreshing DP and VT or would you recommend that I keep Empowered Shadow up at all time regardless of the time left on my dots? Thank you in advance.Sunken3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Lightwell and pugs.. I have been leveling my priest as holy and it seems people plain refuse to use lightwell, I simply can't wrap my head around why.. In mara today, druid standing in 8 poison clouds stacked on top of him forcing me to spam flash heal to keep him alive, my lightwell was right next to him. I even told him to use it, yet he simply refused. ... Of course tranq is stronger but LW is up there, so my question is.. Why? I just can not understand why you wouldn't use it, especially after your healer telling you to. I have had one person use it the last 3 dungeons, it was a mage who was taking minor damage. The tanks never did, nor did the dps. Some even died instead of using it as I was oom from spamming flash heal to keep them alive through stupid mistakes. Talking to a priest friend he agrees with me and believes the problem is people just don't understand just how strong the heal is, do any other priests face this problem and what has worked for you to try get people to use it.. (inb4 re-roll disc, I find disc at low levels boring).Miirkat28 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Atonement? How mandatory is atonement? I like Disc healing but at the same time I like *just* healing. How much am I hurting myself by not taking atonement?Larsardion14 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Looking to improve my DPS Would you guys mind checking out my Ultrax log from this week? I feel like I could be doing better dps on him and am looking for tips to squeeze every drop of dps I can out of my gear. I am using normal rotation, and the MS+MB rotation every time my fiend is available.Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cv7nuvzz3r70x510/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=Aethiest8 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Shadow PVP question. What should i Gem with? I been told to use int/crit. Also should I 1H dagger and off hand? or the staff?Echonight8 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Shadow Form at lvl 20? While looking over the new changes being made in the Priest class in Cataclysm, I noticed they changed all the talent trees around. I noticed that they moved Shadow Form to a Tier 3 spell. So does that mean that you can get Shadow Form at lvl 20 instead of 40 or did they change how the points are distributed? Smighty5 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Two healing (H)Morchok? Good Morning everyone! On sunday my raid group was able to finally kill deathwing. :D It was only our first kill and our RL wants to jump into Heroic Morchok and he also just wants to TWO heal it. I'm quite nervous that The other healer and I are not geared enough. We did two heal deathwing, but I two-healed it with another healer that has already downed him and we will be taking a resto druid and a disc priest (me) I watched the boss guides, and a lot of them said that taking FOUR healers the first time was the best and as you progress taking 2-3 is fine. Is it smart to be two healing (H)Morchok on our first try, and not even killing deathwing twice or maybe more? Edit: Also, is there a certain reforge I should be going with? Like heavy mastery and spirit? I currently use the high haste/mastery reforge, but low spirit, will this continue to work throughout heroic fights?Vallentha32 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Holy confusion I dont know many holy priests and am stumped as to which direction to go with my holy spec. I really would like the mana saving of Mental Agility but im also in love with the reduced cooldown of vieled shadows, additionally i would absolutely want to keep the haste from Darkness. Lightwell is the most horrid spell in existance in my opinion, and the glyphs seem to me menial at best. Also im wondering about the "rotation" of a holy priest, especially in situation where there isnt just rediculous amounts of aoe dmg, and about the use of renew.Darkksmite6 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 gems that are good for shadow priest? I am wondering if anybody can list names of gems as i have trouble findnig what is good for me. I was told haste is good but which gems has haste? What gems are better that can fit in blue/red/yellow as a shadow priest. Also what can i do to do more dps on shadow priest? Any tips and technique is welcome as i want to improve it.Pastaroni2 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Sounds and Visuals... Is there any way to turn off the sound Mind Flay makes and also to rid of the numbers that pop up all over the screen when Vampiric Embrace is on? I tend not to use VE just becuase I don't like the numbers popping up all over the place while killing mobs in dungeons...Tranquist2 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 About Strenght of Soul... According to the definition: "(....) In addition, when you cast Inner Focus you become inmune to silence, interrupt and dispel effects for 5 seconds". That seems to be pretty easy to understand but I have a question: why is it that about 70% of the times I cast Inner Focus + Flash Heal I get interrupted? Is there anything that I'm missing? Somehow it doesn't seem to work for me, so I assume I'm either doing something wrong or the definition isn't clear.Kelynda6 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 back from a long break take a look at my gear and let me know what i should be working on? Also whats the standard rotation now for shadow dps on heroics and raids?Riwiel7 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Disc PvP gear question I recently hit 85 on my priest and am currently in the process of gearing him out. But I was wondering, when it comes to Ruthless Gladiator gear, should I go for the Staff OR the one-hander/off-hander? Right now, I've got the staff. Thanks.Aegon0 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 4.3 Shadow Priest Rotation Due to popular demand, I encourage all those who find this information helpful to request this thread sticky. Abbreviations to be familiar with: VT; Vampiric Touch DP; Devouring Plague SW:P; Shadow Word: Pain MB; Mind Blast MS; Mind Spike MF; Mind Flay SO; Shadow Orb ES; Empowered shadow DE; Dark Evangelism DA; Dark Archangel GCD; Global Cooldown DOT; Damage-over-time DI; Dark Intent (warlock buff; gives you 3% haste) Mechanics to be familiar with: DE; increases DOT damage by 2% per stack, 10% with all 5 stacks DA; increases damage done by 3% for MB, MF, MS, and SW:D and restores 1% of maximum mana for each stack of DE - this consumes DE - 15% increased damage done for MB, MF, MS, and SW:D for 5 stacks of DE ES; increases DOT damage by x%, depending on mastery MS and MB scale in damage with the number of orbs up, depending on mastery Normal dot priority rotation: 1. VT > DP > SW:P 2. MB 3. MF until MB is off cooldown 4. MB 5. Recast dots when necessary Don't wait for an orb to come up to cast MB. MB does too much damage to not use it on cooldown. If your ES is running out and you don't have an orb and MB is on cooldown, recast dots before ES runs out. This gives you a 14 second window (dot timer for VT) to get at least 1 orb to get ES back up before you have to recast VT. Again, if ES is off, don't wait for a shadow orb to cast MB - cast it on cooldown and hope for the best. Way more often than not, you'll get an orb before you need to recast VT again so it's usually not an issue. When moving: If your haste is less than 2284/2135[goblin] (with DI) or 2737/2583[goblin] (without DI), you can spam DP. If your haste is greater than or equal to 2284/2135[goblin] (with DI) or 2737/2385[goblin] (without DI), you cannot spam DP because at that haste breakpoint the GCD is increased to two seconds. So, you cast DP, then SW:D, then spam DP as fast as possible. When boss is under 25% health: Use SW:D on cooldown. You'll be able to use it twice with the Shadow Word: Death Prime glyph. This does a significant amount of damage and becomes the #1 dps priority when off cooldown.Mindwarp35 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 how many of the new talents... How many of the new talents make shadowform drop? It seems like a lot would, but in my opinion, if *any* do, its broken.Vahlor3 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 dps - failing like a stoned kid in math class Howdy folks, I just came back from over a year from not playing wow, and I had grown accustomed to having my rightful spot at the top of dps meters. Just hit 85 couple days ago and I haven't been able to keep up with dps at all, I thought at first that it had to do with just being a fresh 85, but as i grinded my gear out of justice and hour of twighlight, it hasn't made much difference at all, I consider myself lucky to just out dps a the tank. while going for my gear i first went for hit til i was fully cap'd then started stacking haste (goal is around 25%) and crit. my opening rotation is: ms(x3), mb, vt, sw:p, dp, sw:d, mf, mb, mf(x2), mb, sw:d, after this i keep a close eye on my sw:p, vt, and dp time remaining and keep them refreshed, and use mb and sw:d as soon as availible. I am obviously doing something wrong, any advice much appreciatedAnkoku9 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 can someone break down these spriest logs? I do not play a shadow priest, but would like to hear from those that do. What jumps out at you as the biggest place for improvement in the following DS logs? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pnp8cvyg8fe4pvhn/details/13 I'd like any and all criticism and advice, including fight specific comments and generalizations. Thanks guys!Solidshift1 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 A little help (part 2) Howdy, I have been ready a bit for holy priest in PVE and I am trying to find a spec that would fit my game play. Could anyone take a look at this spec and tell me if they recommend me to use it or not please? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurrRzMkcdoh Thanks for your helpHôpefloats9 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Gear/Spec/Glyph chk PLZ cant figure out issue Check me out and let me know what is wrong with my gear/spec/glyphs and why..... other than i dont have +50 Int gems in all my sockets. I cant seem to get my DPS numbers up higher than what they are.. maybe i am just messing up somewhere. I would appericate a look and constructive feedback. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Kilgartha/simpleKilgartha11 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Rawr and Gear Advice? I'm fairly recently back to the game after a long hiatus, and playing my priest as my main for the first time. A few quick questions: Is Rawr a semi-decent gear planning tool, or is there a better one available? It's telling me to reforge some things to crit, and I read that at high enough gear levels that that is ok to do, but I'm still not sure. I have been reading a lot about reforging and gemming/enchanting, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing it right. I'm doing fine on healing meters (usually at or near the top) but I tend to be a bit of an obsessive min/max'er, and due to my lack of experience playing this class, I would like to know (from those considerably more experienced than I am) if there are things about my gear enhancements that I could tweak or change to improve further. (I am aware I need to put in my JC gems, but am only recently maxed JC, so have not gotten that done yet.) For the four piece T13, which set pieces are optimal? Should I grab the gloves, when possible, and get the crafted leggings? (World Mender) or keep the pants and get the Valor gloves? (Hands of Gilly) Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!Andriss4 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Halp, mah deeps be low I think I'm good stat-wise but maybe heavy on Spirit/Hit? I keep my dots up, use flay to fill, blast with orbs, and work in sw:deaths... Hit 15k single target. amidoinitwrong?Milakunis6 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 New additions in this beta patch for Priests Finally some awesome stuff! Glyph of Mind Flay Increases your movement speed by 50% for 3 sec after completing Mind Flay. Glyph of Shadowy Apparition Your Shadowy Apparitions can now levitate into the air to pursue their target. Glyph of Vampiric Embrace Your Vampiric Embrace converts an additional 50% of the damage you deal into healing, but the duration is reduced by 5 sec. Glyph of Vampiric Touch Your Vampiric Touch ability converts an additional 10% of the damage it deals into healing. These 2 seem to be our missing talents: Halo 30 yd range 2 sec cast 1 min cooldown Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands and grows in power, up to 30 yds away. Deals up to 1 Holy damage to enemies, and up to 1 healing to allies, with the greatest effect at 25 yds. Dark Halo 30 yd range 2 sec cast 1 min cooldown Creates a ring of Shadow energy around you that quickly expands and grows in power, up to 30 yds away. Deals up to 1 Shadow damage to enemies, and up to 1 healing to allies, with the greatest effect at 25 yds. Cascade 40 yd range 25 sec cooldown Launches a Holy bolt at the target that grows in power as it travels, which causes up to 1 damage to an enemy, or up to 1 healing to an ally. This effect can bounce from allies to other allies, or from enemies to other enemies. Each time it bounces it will split into 2 bolts, preferring farther away targets, and never hitting the same target twice. Cascade can bounce up to 4 times. Totally gonna stick with my priest in MoP now :DRomanticidee43 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Quick question What trinkets do i want? Currently I have the on demand spell power one. So should i have the one that increases life or the passive spell power one?Goldenmana0 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Gear assistance required! It appears I've run into ilvl hell. I'm not sure what step to take next. I wanted to complete my justice set, but I can't do that without doing raids (i need those tokens), which I can't do without a higher ilvl, which I can't get without doing heroics, which will put me on my way to the valor set, making the justice set useless. Did I just answer my own question? I don't know. I'm really not sure what to do from this point. Thanks for any help. Edit: I read the pre-raid forum sticky, but that appears dated.Menoetes6 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 A little help Howdy, I did'nt touch my priest since WOTLK, it's been a while.. These days, I feel like I would like to play with it once again, mainly as holy. Now, since I will, and probably am a little bit rusty, I would like to know the major change between cataclysm and the previous version. What's the best stats? The best healing spell? The reforging pty? Best enchant? What talent is a must and what talent is a no no? Gemming pty? All this, being base on a holy healing pve perpectives point of view. Thanks for your help!Hôpefloats6 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Something I've always wondered. I never figured out if staffs are better than the MH/OH combo for Shadow Priest DPS. Can anyone offer me their opinions on this?Juri12 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Psychic Horror and Fear resisted too much I constantly get resists on these spells and im wondering just exactly what is their school. Do spell pen decrease the chances of this happening or how can i get less resists on these abilities.Hashio3 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Top Rated Shadow Priest in PVP? Anyone know the top rated shadow priest nowadays? Any good shadow priest pvp videos out there?Jöda4 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Power Word: Inner Will and Grace Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. PW: Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights 5. PW: IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Discussion: What brought you to the forums? What would you do to improve our forums? How many priests do you have. Really.Elethia500 Apr 8, 2012