Priest

Feb 28, 2012 Guide for Lower Level Priest Everywhere I look I see guides for rotion, glyphs and talent builds for those that have made it to lvl 85. Is there any guides out there that can help those that are newer to the game? Looking for gear I should be looking for. Enchants, buffs things like this. Any help would be greatful.Repala5 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Is it Fairly Difficult to PvP as an Spriest? I will be leveling up either a Priest or Warlock. I plan on PvPing as Shadow if I do go with the Priest. A buddy said that Spriest is the most fun rotation he has played. I have a few questions. 1. How is the survivability? 2. How does Priest look in MoP? 3. Say I went Disc for BG healing, is it fairly fun compared to Resto Druid? (I know that will be a biased answer) 4. What is the learning curve like? 5. Which class would you say they are similar to? 6. What is love? Thanks a bunch. I will be keeping an eye on this thread!Facebook4 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Which should I equip? Currently I am holding Scepter of Azshara and Orb of the First Satyrs (can't link?). Should I switch them out for Stalk of Corruption? Ask Mr Robot says the pair I have is better. Wowhead says Stalk of Corruption is better. Which should I use, and brief reason why? Thanks in advance for your help!Thage1 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Movement Impairing Affects & Dispersion Can anyone tell me, Why doesn't Dispersion clear ALL movement impairing affects as it is described to do in the spell book, rogues especially seem to be able to circumvent Dispersion also it doesn't stop movement impairing affects being cast on you while dispersed has anyone else found this.Housecall1 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Maw of the Dragonlord Hi all, just got the Normal ilvl 403 Maw from Madness recently and wondering if this is the best weapon for healing priest or is there any other better weapon?Miyakee9 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Best race Thinking about going alliance, whats the best alliance race for pvp?Yóu7 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Atonement feals the love! I have used Atonement in pvp for a long time now and decided i wanted to try it from a pve point of view. I have been collecting LFR pieces and off spec rolls from DS 10 and i thought about putting a shadow set together but I instead opted to build an Atonement PVE DPS/Off heals set. Currently the ilvl I am using is 389 for this set. A few pieces of more core raid heals set are in use and because of that I am a little mastery heavy but I have forged all my offset pieces into haste and crit. I duo queue for heroic HOT with a holy priest friend of mine and let her heal. I was second in dps with atonement (17k single target on bosses) and came within 3% of my friends healing done. It was interesting to say the least. I also have attempted to Atonement heal in LFR and my guild uses me as Atonement during a few fights of DS10 normal and Firelands. Does anyone have any thoughts on Atonement? I would not trust it as a main heal spec but it can be bursty and provide solid backup heals. Post best in slot suggestions and what rotation/style you use.Squidacles6 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Take a look at me I am hoping someone will take a look at my gear set. I feel like I am under performing my gear. Just went shadow on this toon about 2 weeks ago, I have combed the forums think I have it right, but would love some confirmation. I wish I had some logs so people could look at my rotation ect. but I don't. So with a raid tonight a little gear check would be appreciated.(Please ignore the shoulders and lack of enchant, I will not be able to upgrade them until I got another token drop) ThanksDrhealgood6 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 How freaking awesome This is my second 85, and while Schadenfrde, my warlock, will always be near and dear to my heart, Healsyea is my favourite. Just don't let Schad know >.> <.< >.> I'm loving healing bgs, and dgs. Much better than the Rdruid I was leveling. I'm just going oom like an bawws every other pull in dgs. I always try to remember my own water. I do have a full pve set, greens and blues. But I'm not worried, I'm really enjoying gearing for pvp (Something that sucked as a warlock) and will eventually gear for pve, so that problem will go away I'm sure. I also wanted to say how awesome the priest community is. So much less emo than the 'lock community. I still love them too. Much love for my bros and sistas. And my dog, the Dahli Lama, says 'hi'. Unfortunately, for me, her brother the Bhudda, has achieved Nirvana, but he would say 'hi' too. Yes, my dogs names were/are Bhudda and Dhali and yes they are related, but separated by a few litters. On a side note, with the giant bubble from t13 set bonus, some focused will, inner fire and a battlemasters trink, do you think it would be possible to eat a stomp on H Morchok? If it was feasible how b.a. would that be?Healsyea8 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Advice? Low-Level Priests are a CRAWL! Hello everyone! This is my first post and I just activated my account yesterday and I love it! I've played a few times off and on over the years but this time it's all mine and I'm very excited to have a character reach level 30 (right???) I read the guidelines, so if I am violating a forum bylaw or ettiquette, I apologize. I am seeking council regarding how to best play a priest. I started my first one last night and let me tell you it was a crawl as I fought and scratched my way to level 10. My plan is to be a healer (as there is often less wait time to enter a dungeon), and start working the dungeons once I make my way to 15, but as of right now, I am completely flustered! First of all, what's the deal with Power Word: Shield? Every monster I use it on seems to have an ability called "Weaken Soul" which completely counters it's effects. What is the point of this spell? I would have thought that a spell like this gained early on would provide more utility, but I can't seem to find a use for it. Second, if none of my friends are online, what's the best way to level quickly until I'm dungeon-ready? Is there a LFG feature somewhere in the menu that I have somehow missed? It seems things would go a lot more smoothly the sooner I can settle into my role as healer and let the rock stars do their job and kill stuff. Third, as I said, I'm new to the community. Are there any good resources regarding Talent Trees and recommendations on planning for the future regarding what I will eventually become capable of doing? I searched and searched and didn't find any "How To" threads about being a priest, so I don't mean to SPAM y'all. Thanks in advance!Chupacabra5 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Horde Priest Race Decision Hi Priests! I'm thinking of rolling into your fold and I can't decide on a race to play. I've narrowed my choices down to troll, undead, and blood elf but i cannot choose between those three. My decision isn't being based on racials or anything. I like how all three of the classes look but can't choose which one I want to look at for however many hours a day and race changing is kind of expensive for me atm. Can you help me decide which race I should play? Like maybe, idk, the first like 10 choices out of those three to get voted wins or something? I really can't decide and you would be helping me greatly!! Thank you!Eternalghost12 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Holy Priest spec (raid healing) Hello, my name is Horsey and I'm a priest. Recently, Ive started raiding, and would like someone who has a good raiding spec (preferably for raid healing). I believe my old spec was good for 5-mans, but since doing 10-man normal DS is different, i figure talents like SoR and the final renew mini-tree talent are poor choices. Basically, i just want someone who know what they're doing that will let me copy their spec from them. Thanks. EDIT: Also, I checked out noxxic.com, and i was gonna use the tree from there, except i saw that the people there were speccing into archangel, which doesn't make sense to me. If it would be a healing boost to spec into that, I can learn to smite while healing, but it seems as if using approximately 7 seconds to get 5 stacks of evangelism is just a waste.Horsey3 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Haste, Crit, or Mastery Basicly, like the title says. Which one should a disc priest get more of for arena? Any help/info would be much appreciated!Torì3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Spirit on Disc priest PVE..... What gives? At what point does Rapture become enough to sustain you without needing high amounts of spirit? I have heard some people say they forge off all spirit while others say they keep spirit on all gear and forge spirit onto gear if an item does not have any spirit. I have also had some people say that Heart of the unliving is best in slot trinket for all priest and others say it is worse in slot for disc. I am at a loss here when it comes to spirit. If you only use PWS when Rapture is off cooldown, is it enough or do I need to worry about spirit more? If so, How much spirit should I am for?Squidacles28 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Shadow priest & interrupts Does shadow have some sort of interrupt immunity? I was just in an arena match where I interrupted the shadow priest (confirmed by gladiatorlosa as a successful counter) and he just continued casting each time. I'm pretty sure everything he casted was shadow spells, so I just don't understand why he was never locked out of school. Any tips?Kylos11 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Can't decide! So I like to play as Disc, but sometimes when the DPS are not up to standards I like to go shadow and show them how to truly burst players down. However I can't really seem to commit 100% to a spec. So my question, should I work towards getting the disc or the shadow PvP set. Which would be better for jumping between both specs.... The Disc bonus seems more OP than the Shadow 5% reduced casting time. However I'd lack the stats for getting better dps as Shadow if rolling with the Disc set. Spirit doesn't mean a lot as Shadow unless spec'd right. Then you'd get a little hit. Idea's? PS It really seems like disc is more appreciated in BG's, it just sucks healing all the time, and sometime I find myself getting CC'd non stop till my FC dies, or whatever the situation may be.Snickléfritz3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Dispersion vs Cyclone-The Game. Title says it all. WHY does Cyclone break through my Dispersion allowing me ZERO mana regen and locking me in CC. The tooltip for Dispersion: Dispersion 2 min cooldown You disperse into pure Shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by 90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% mana every 1 sec for 6 sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced. Clears all snare and movement impairing effects when cast, and makes you IMMUNE to them while dispersed. NOW, here is the tooltip for Cyclone: Cyclone 8% of base mana 1.7 sec cast Tosses the enemy target into the air, preventing all action but making them invulnerable for up to 6 sec. Only one target can be affected by your Cyclone at a time. And here is the contradiction Blizzard. Cyclone is a movement impairing effect, It locks my character in one place for 6 seconds. This needs to be looked at. Fix this please, I have never created a rage thread before, but this is rediculous. It instantly counters my ONE way of mana regen besides a 4m CD Shadowfiend, locking me in place AND making me immune to my OWN mana regen. Combine this with already super powerful Feral Druid's instant cast of Cyclone and this becomes a nightmare while being trained. Peenor13 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Shadow Help Hey Priest forums, I've had this Priest since Vanilla, and he's always been my main, but lately I've been healing with him for faster queues and neglecting Shadow; I was also out of a desktop for a month, so I didn't get to play at all. I decided to do a BH 10 the other day as Shadow, and damn, my dps sucked. I pulled 14.8k dps on Alizabal, while my Elemental Shaman pulled around 21k in a little better gear (385 or so, vs. 382). I mean, I thought I knew the rotation fairly solidly, but my dps was sucking. My rotation is VT-> DP->SW:P->MF x2 -> Mind Blast, and then I refresh DoTs as they're about to fall off, Mind Blast on cooldown, and Mind Flay as filler. I pop Shadowfiend and Archangel as often as I can. I have some ungemmed pieces that I'm going to fix, but I feel like that couldn't be the sole cause of my dps being so low. I also have way too much spirit/hit, though that's mostly because I share a set for healing. Any advice?Flintte8 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Just starting heroics on this shadow alt.. Anything spec/gearwise that looks bad? The missing gems/enchants are being fixed right now I'm mainly looking at reforge and general gear selection. I will be getting DI and my 10man has all relevant caster buffs except 10% spell (we get 6%) I haven't really played shadow on this guy much since FL. My dps seems to be crappier than it was back then. I need to get this archangel/fiend/mindspike jazz down too now that i got 4p. edit: also glove enchant: 65mast or 50haste?Monsignor2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Dps hmmm? My ilvl is 378. what should be my avarage dps zone. I think im doing less than im supposed to. well now 379 won a chest piece.Zapphine11 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 A Little Help Plz? Could someone pls inspect my gear and tell me if I have gemmed, chanted, or reforged wrong? I am having a real hard time getting my dps numbers above 15k. I use a rotation straight from a post here.Tacks8 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 does bliz hate priests in patch 5.0? Blizz is going to take away the mana burn and we are going to lose the mind control in pvp also????? mind control now can only control up to lvl 88.... now we only going to get one cc for 30sec cd against other healers??? its a joke, man!!!!!Waterjt7 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Please rate my shadow priest Any advice or anything else is appreciated.ThanksPloxid8 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Maw of the Dragonlord? Good afternoon guys! So today, I got a very nice offer today by a guild who is starting a core group. They have progressed a lot, but their guild #'s slightly decreased with the SWTOR came out. The RL was talking about how we would be glad to two heal with me. My good friend put in a nice word for me and he came to me. He was talking about how we would be able to get very far as a two healer RG. He told me that I should grab Maw of the Dragonlord at least, but i do have a 397 dagger...So i'm a bit confused on that, is the mace all that great? It seems like a bit of a stat lost if I change it.Vallentha14 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 I fail and need jesus ok so just got back to the game after taking a break and ya .. I can not play this class in pvp to save my life . I remember before I wasn't pro but I could hold my own, now I am struggling, just about every melee class tears me apart, and caster causes are like 50/50 .. Is there a guide or something that can help or am I screwed? My gear is fine, I have near 4k resil , and usually i open with dots, then mind flay , then if by some act of god I have not died yet I use mind spike x3 then mind blast... Usually I never reach that point tho .Liaine3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 ele shaman or spriest? i have both at 60 and i love hybrid casters, which one is more likely to be better in the long run? And which is better now(does more dmg)?Zeja6 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 PVP Gear question (Shadow and Healing) I am assembling my holy spec Cataclysmic Gladiator set. While specced as Shadow for world PVP and BGs, is it better to wear my Ruthless Gladiator Shadow Priest gear, or wear my Cataclysmic Gladiator Holy Priest gear? What do you all think?Wxrd2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 What do YOU do during your Divine Hynm? I take that 8 seconds to pop my knuckles and neck, and get ready to heal to heal the living tar out of the raid. Same thing for Hymn of Hope. My question is, fellow priests, what to you use your 8-second break for?Gijora35 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 The eternal Satin vs. Mooncloth Debate Can someone help me end this debate? I want to set up an experiment and record some numbers with these two sets to see what real differences are. I'm no scientist or mathematician. But I'm willing to help donate gold/time/energy to help do some tests to try and answer this. I'm on Area-52. If you can be on my server that would be awesome. Please, a caring player who is good with math/statistics help me, help us, end this quandary that has been around longer than I have. Thank you.Astute17 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Starting to do arena i am starting to do more arena and i was wondering what the stat priority was do i need as much spirit as possible or can i reforge from it to mastery. And looking to regem if need be Thanks EojEoj2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 OH Transmog Suggestion Hello, I am currently looking for a transmog OH that will fit my current set. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!Blasphemer5 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 disc healing/am i doing it right? eta: meh changed mind after reading more other topics instead i'd just like someone to take a look at our logs and my gear/etc and tell me if i'm doing anything wrong (while keeping in mind that i heal with a rather experienced/geared hpally, and sometimes a resto druid, usually it's just the pally though). last night's full clear: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pqfwigz79twth9lb/ did zon'ozz and ultra as holy instead of disc, usually i go disc. and by trying that I realized I did like 4k hps less (and 10m less healing) as holy than I do as disc -- there was nothing for me to heal. so sticking to disc probably. on ultraxion i often have green and blue as the hpally likes to take red. oh and apparently i forgot to swap out my PoH glyph during some of those fights :| didn't realize until we were finished lol. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hqhobtvd3v30f2mq/sum/healingDone/?s=928&e=1169 last log i have for 2 healing zonozz as disc, this is probably irrelevant so ignore if you want i guess. (I do want to know why I did less as holy, if I were just too slow putting out heals or what). i do need advice for spine though. we 3 heal it (2x hpally and me as disc, or hpally resto druid and me). and i go oom before the other healers do. apparently i have no idea how to heal it or what? we don't really use healing assigns either. i'm not really sure what's going on there, the other fights don't bother me. i guess that's all. i'm really curious about it because while it doesn't really matter too much for normal modes anymore (except spine and madness), we are going to be working on heroic mode progression i think, as much as we can anyways. so i'd really like to improve. i feel like i'm a bit low for my ilvl, even though there isn't really a lot to heal to begin with. I do also have a 390 Maw from Madness, that I use. my 2x int/mast gems in chest are because I don't wanna spend 400g each on pure int gems for a 384 piece.Aethereal2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Shadow T13 4-Piece Bonus Question I've read the posts on shadowpriest.com and howtopriest.com but I'm still a little confused. I keep reading conflicting information on the benefits of the 4 piece bonus and it's effect on overall raid DPS. I generally get the DI from our lock and I believe I saw that the 4 piece burst rotation wouldn't really increase over all DPS of the group due to the decrease to the lock DPS with no DoTs rolling for this time. Con someone just let me know if I have that right and if so would it be worth it to use other offset pieces and allow others in the raid to get the set pieces? Also, this is in a 10 man raid group if that matters. Any advice would be greatly appreciatedHeavensdevil1 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Looking for good addons-pvp (disc) Was looking for some suggestions for helpful addons/ui mods for arena now that my 2s is starting to face decent/quality players. I'm currently not running with any at the moment, and would like to know the preferred/favorites of my fellow pvp priests. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!Bwessings5 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Disc: Sick of OTHER PLAYER Weakened Soul Why do I have to be neutered by having another disc healer in a raid? It is obvious you can track individual player debuffs -- see how DK's only get damage bonuses for *their* diseases on target? Why not do the same thing for Disc Priests. I petition that "Weakened Soul" should be tracked PER PLAYER instead of globally. It really sucks right now, and frankly there's no reason for it. It isn't like lay on hands -- we are talking about the primary heal!Infuscare19 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 best dps partner for 2s (shadow pvp) which is the best dps class for a Spriest to team up with in 2s?Niks16 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Destro lock or s priest PVE DPS? ok guys im going to make this quick but i have a priest that hit 85 and i dont know whether to finish gearing this lock up or going shadow priest.. whats seems more fun.. destro kinda feels hard to me so what do you guys think?Fatalfears9 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Just Returned to WoW I just resubscribed to WoW, I have not seen this game since pre-cataclysm. My question is... What do I need as far as equipment for a shadow/ disc priest? Do I stack int/spirit? or do I focus more on mastery?Sugarkain3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Blizz going to take a way mana burn in 5.0?? I checked unfinished talent trees in patch 5.0 and i couldnt find the spell " mana burn". Man, r u kidding me? how is it fair if we dont even have mana burn??? why not take away DS, or cyclone or resto 6 sec interupt? Please some one tell me that blizz forgot to put mana burn on the talent tree...............Waterjt3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 mage or priest? hey everyone, deciding on what class to play, i like dps so mage would be the way to go...but i also want to heal, so how is shadow atm?Deathpat6 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Mind Control So how exactly does this work in pvp. The description leads me to believe I would get to actually run another character around and have it as a pet but this seems rather unlikely. Can anyone tell me how to utilize this spell in pvp? Is this similar to fear? Thanks! Hallaster25 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 macroing Shadowfiend to another spell? Hey, I keep forgetting to click on my Shadowfiend button, so figured I'd macro it to the front of some oft-used spell like Mind Flay. But it keeps giving me an error saying I can't cast that whenever the Shadowfiend is on CD. Can someone tell me how to make the macro skip over the /cast Shadowfiend part if it's not available? I made macros that use trinkets like this that work fine... not sure why this won't. Thanks.Abdomina3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 i cant live against warriors ok so, i have no problems living against any class in arena, (ive been to 1950 in 2s this season) but if i go against a warrior that knows how to play i cant do ANYTHING. i literally cannot get 1 hard cast off at all, im completely helpless and i just die. am i doing something wrong? i thought warriors were underpowered they literally have 3 interrupts on low cds charge, kick, and throwdown, and they have infinite mobility if they are mc'd across the map they can cross the whole map in 1 leap and 1 charge... 2 things wtf are warriors whining about? and why cant i live against them?Adynni18 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Heart of the Unliving Mixed feelings on this trinket, just got it last night before right before deathwing replacing normal jaws. I had to focus on keeping it up for most of the fight since atonement doesn't give it stacks. I did notice though, that penance gives a stack for every tick (3) and prayer of healing gives 5 (if it hits 5 people). Is there a better trinket for AA/A? With 10 stacks I'm up to about 4.6k mp5 so I'll have to reforge off some spirit don't want to waste any.Healingone19 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 A thanks to the Priest forums For providing accurate strategies and builds, awesome discussions with solid arguments and lots of people ready to help, support and make you smile. Also, special thanks for those who recommended me Tailoring, even though it takes a lot of time to level, it's being very entertaining doing old instances (which was also recommended) and I'm farming lots of transmogs while at it. After hitting 85 a week ago, I've already downed Madness twice and also Morchokk heroic thanks to the support and entertainment I've found here, in the Priest forums. Hugs for all of you <3 Also, comment on my transmog :DChùcktesta0 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Mana restore? What are ideal drinks for mana restore that you can buy in AH? Gold is not a problem.Xerotic3 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Choosing a Class for Priest I've been debating which class to start as a Priest. I've had one Undead Priest before and I'm thinking of doing it again. Are there any better choices than Undead? - Horde/AllienceNightstlh21 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Thoughts on my PVE Disc spec? I used to be a pure Smite priest, but I tried out an Atonement-less spec and really liked it. So, why not spec for both? The way I understand it, a pure healing Disc spec would forgo Evangelism/Atonement for Strength of Soul and Train of Thought - the tradeoff being you get to bubble and Inner Focus more often. I decided to try a 34/7/0 spec that takes advantage of both, and I've really been liking it so far - I can smite away for the most part, and use bubble + Heal on the tank during heavy-damage boss fights. Is there any reason why I might NOT want to use this spec?Fibromyalgía16 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Disc PvP Is there a place I can find a good guide for Disc PvP healing for bgs and arenas? I have played warrior since vanilla and this is my first caster, I need to know which spells I should be using/macros/addons etc.Latisharonda2 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 DPS failing at DS heroic and normal mode! Hi guys, I'm new here, Very sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I got a few doubts. I hope you guys can help me out. I had been failing bad in dps at DS. A lot of other players said I should be doing higher dps in my current gear.I red up guides, Pre-pot, food buff and stuff but still same or slight improvement. Here are my logs. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-axuib9hn09r0cx0o/details/12/ (P.S : Healed in H morchok and spine. I failed at Madness because i DC-ed and died). I hope you guys can advice/help me. Your replies are very much appreciated.Rsroyce18 Feb 25, 2012