Priest

Apr 26, 2012 disc pvp.. prayer of healing Prayer of healing useful in pvp, or should i take it off my bar?Jixxer4 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Meep! Help! 397 VP Hat vs. Raid Finder Tier? I need some help from my fellow Disc Priests! I currently am using the 397 VP non-tier hat. I recently won the Raid Finder hat token. If I use the RF Hat, I will get my 4 piece set bonus, but will lose like 60 Int and a bunch of Mastery. Is the 4 piece set bonus for T13 really that good? Is it worth swapping? Thanks for any help!Andrastei7 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 The importance of haste in heroic mode Hi priests again.. I've got some questions regarding to haste for priests. Currently, i am a 397 atonement priest in haste/mastery build. (Mostly raid healing in my group.. sometimes tank healing...) Top three of my healing done is usually PoH/DA/PWS.. I knew Its kind of weird.. I found myself dont usually have time smiting.. but i think i still keep atonement just for the 15% healing buff How many haste is consider "enough" for me? Now I am having 14.89% haste without buff... (got a bloomy in my raid)... and my guild is 3/8HM and processing Haga right now.. Sometimes I feel difficult to heal up our team even spaming PoH... Do you guys think that I should sacrifice 3 talent points and put it in darkness for extra haste to make PoH more efficient? (giving up inspiration and one point from mental agility) Or since I found myself dont used to spam smite.. how about just to have evangelism and archangel.. and giving up atonement talent... Is there any priest try this before?Elliss3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Trialing for 8/8hm 10man Coming from a 6/8 group to an 8/8hm has got me a little nervous. The group I'm joining has had 8/8h on farm for a couple months and they say they pretty much faceroll the place and for me not to stress it too much. I'm not too worried about spine, I've got enough experience on it, but madness has got me a little concerned. My priest is 404 ilvl disc also btw. What would you guys do in my shoes: A) Just play clean up for the other healers and patch people up when needed. B) Go balls to the wall like I did in my last group, which I essentially carried weekly. C) Don't sweat it, heal as normal, and profit? Thanks <3Femataur14 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Atonement or Strength of soul Hi priests, I'm deciding on Atonement or Strength of soul.. Have seen lots of atonement priests doing 25 man on youtube.. But rarely 10 man?.. Is atonement more suitable on 25 man??.. My personal experience is that you really don't have time to spam smite while two healing.. Is there any 10man atonement priest who can share their experience and how they heal?Elliss7 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 t14 set bonuses are up And the shadow ones look familiar! Priest T14 Healer 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal spell by 10%. Priest T14 Healer 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Penance spell by 4 sec and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing spell by 4 sec. Priest T14 Shadow 2P Bonus - New: Increases the critical strike chance of your Mind Flay spell by 10%. Priest T14 Shadow 4P Bonus - New: Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch spells by 3 sec. Velen's Mantle of Triumph Probably just placeholder, but I couldn't help but laugh reading them. How boring.Merrz14 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Very Confused with recent healing changes. Disc priests still have train of thought, but no longer have greater heal. Disc has atonement (no longer a glyph) but mana cost is extremely high for smite (4k base, 2.8k with 5 stack evang) and archangel no longer restores mana so it is not worth having. Holy Priests have chastise reduce mana cost of smite and holy fire (1k smite base, 700 with 5 evang) but can no longer get atonement. Please take another look at the synergy of our skills, and have a clear and concise method of healing.Snazareth3 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Spriest Trinkets for Heroic Spine Hi folks, I'm just about to attempt this fight as shadow. I was wondering which trinkets would benefit me the most for this fight. I read several threads which have different suggestions (some suggest 2 on use trinkets, one suggested focus, I've seen two suggest Will - granted these are all old threads already). These are the trinkets I have access to: Bottled Wishes Moonwell Chalice Rune of Zeth Will of Unbinding Necromantic Focus Offhand, Bottled Wishes and Moonwell Chalice seem like pretty good options. My only problem with the Chalice is that it won't be off CD for the second time the tendon goes up (since it takes less than 2mins for that to happen). Note: Disregard my reforging. I'll be doing Mastery>Crit>Haste but my armory might not reflect the changes by the time you read this.Moringa9 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Lightwell Auto-cast. Make the ability 'auto-castable', yet the autocast won't be to cast the lightwell itself. Instead, it will make the lightwells you DO cast, automatically place it's buff on those below 60% hp. put a debuff or something on the target IF the spell is autocast which lasts maybe 10-15 seconds, so that the lightwell won't spam one person over and over. This would be a choice the priest would make. I know this has been suggested before, as I myself have suggested something similar years ago. But honestly, with blizzard attempting to make raids viable for pugs, it makes sense now. If you only want your tank to get it, then turn off auto-cast. as for PvP...well, it's the same deal with pve. It's always been there, but will simply make use of holy priest utility even if their buddy is..well...doesn't want to click the lightwell. i sent this idea in as a suggestion ingame already. If anyone has a realistic counter argument, go ahead and share it...Or if you simply agree, then feel free to do so as well. I'm not certain on the CD on the lightwell casting. with the amount of charges it has spread over 2 minutes, i'd say once every 7 seconds or something. (it's not exact, i know)Raitova4 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Am I doing something wrong with shadow? 'Ello. This is my priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/Skap/simple I'll apologize in advance for not having any recount logs/parses to link. In short, I feel that my DPS is subpar to other shadow priests; I recently read the post in regards to peoples' dps on heroic ultraxion and saw people listing ~40k+ (admittedly in far superior gear than I have), but I still only manage ~29-30k. I have long since surpassed the 30% haste plateau - self buffed my haste sits at 37.33%(3455). DI is given to me regularly, but our raid comp may be changing so that's not currently definite. I've never been very good with SimCraft, but from everything i've read haste is still the reigning stat. I feel as if my crit(13.65%) is extremely low, and my mastery is currently sitting at 14(30% damage on orbs/empowered shadows), which is lower than it used to be (as high as 34% at times) but this still seems like an acceptable percentage. I haven't raided this week and I just recently got my 4 piece, so I haven't had a chance to test my DPS. Is it a dps increase to mind spike/blast with fiend, archangel, bottled wishes and a pot rolling? the rotation I used on heroic ultraxion where in I was only pulling ~29k was standard; apply dots -> fiend -> mind flay til orb(s)/5 stacks of evangelism -> AA/bottled wishes -> MB/reapply dots, mind blast on cd, MF filler, reapply orbs as close to them falling off as possible. assuming a mind spike rotation is plausible, i'd assume the opener goes something like: mind spike x3* > mind flayx1.5 > fiend > AA > mind blast > spike til blast is off cd, repeat til fiend falls off, commence normal rotation. so tl;dr: mind spike, yes, no? too much haste? doing something terribly wrong? Thanks in advance for any assistance.Goatpally1 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Another Shield Spell for Disc Priests? I heard in one of the dev watercoolers that the Devs were interested in having disc priest have slightly more mitigation but did not want to have disc priests use mitigation only in a rotation. I came up with one possible solution. It would be a channeled spell that would mitigate incoming damage to a target by 90-99%, and as an expense it would drain the healer's health by say 10% per second. There could be a disc priest talent that would reduce the damage taken by 1-2% per talent spent. There could also be a prime glyph that would make an AOE bubble around the target say 1-3 yard radius. Personally I would rather have this spell than PW:Barrier, since it could be used in a rotation. Any thoughts?Nanopriest16 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 stats/reforge tank heal Hey guys, I used to be a raid healer since vanilla, but for the moment I got the tank heal duty for our 10 man heroic DS and Id'like some advice on reforge/stats cause I'm a bit lost actually with it!! I used to work with spirit/mastery since I used to kept/play holy spec but I dont anymore so...!! Ty in advanceMarkox7 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Any news on Mana Burn for MoP? Are Priests really losing it, have they stated this, or what's the deal? Good chance my Priest will get shelved if we lose Mana Burn, it's basically the reason I rolled it in the first place (to troll other healers).Gravityms6 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 PvP gear dilema Hello priest community, I had a quick question regarding gearing. I have been playing shadow and loving it but im thinking about making my other spec disc and dropping my PvE spec. My question is....is there an eficient way to gear for both? I dont want to have to reforge every time I change specs. I know disc needs hit/spell pen cap, and without twisted faith in a disc spec, my spirit I currently have wont cover it. I also dont really feel like grabbing duplicates of gear I already have just for another spec. Can someone who plays both shadow/disc pvp please give some advice on the subject. If you could, look at my armory and let me know what pieces I need to replace/reforge to play effectively as both. Thanks in advance for any help.Angelickz2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 New priest in need of advice. Hello Priest community! I just returned to WoW after a rather long break and I'm interested in rolling a priest. I played a priest for a while before I left and realized I loved the class so wanted to start fresh wit one upon returning but have a few questions. Note: I have used google and searched the forums for some of the answers befor posti g this but have either found conflicting answers or none at all. I am a min/maxer who enjoys both PvP (RBG,pug BG and arena) as well as PvE (raiding, random 5's,etc...) and plan on leveling holy through random 5 mans and discipline through random BG's since those are the specs I plan on playing at 85. My questions are. 1: what's a good race choice (horde) for both PvP and PvE as the Above specs? I know they're minor but as I said above I'm a min/maxer. 2: I read that JC/Ench is min/max profs for a competitive priest but JC/alchemy makes alot of money. Is the 2 ring chants for enchanting that big over the mixology from alchemy or will it really matter? 3: For a disc PvP spec, does the atonement spec work good for PvP or does a more solid heal/absorb spec do better for PvP healing? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated so thank you in advance. Please excuse any typos or grammar issues as this was posted from iPhone.Åkroma3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Can someone please take a look at my gear I was wondering if anyone would care to help me by checking my gear, enchants and gems... and if they are good enough to graduate from LFR and move on to raiding. thank you!Tangiesmom3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=123671 IS THIS REAL LIFE? check out the brand new talents here: http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#pSinning11 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 What is Discipline good for? I am leveling my priest as shadow and I am finding it kind of boring. I basically only use mind blast and mind flay (especially since I am leveling with a friend and don't have the time to bother with the DoTs). Looking here at the forums I see a thread for shadow pve and holy for healing... so what is discipline used for? What I am wondering is if its a more interesting leveling spec. My priest is 62, by the way.Syrial34 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Spirit question According to a lot of guides, priests secondary stats prioritize spirit>mastery. I'm wondering if there's a point where you have "enough" spirit and don't need more.Pycelle6 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 New Shadow priest Hey I just rolled a new shadow Priest and I am having trouble finding the rotation of spells any advice?Bonny1 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Returning Player Needs Answers Returning player here. Have been curious on what would be a better class for these scenarios: Battlegrounds, Dungeons, and solo content (ie questing and open world solo PVP). Ive been wanting to try priest but everything I have read makes it sound like in order to be good as a priest than it is a must to have BoA's. Is this true? Or can I still be a successful priest in those previously listed areas without BoA's. And would a shaman or druid be better for the scenarios listed. Really been wanted to try a priest but what I've been hearing is a little dissapointing. Thank you for the answers in advance.Velldar3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Made a Priest on Beta Holy am I confused, well besides the errors. I want to try out Disc but the empty action bars and soo many skills I don't know how to set it up. lvl 85 template btw.Yachen3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Tauren or Blood Elf Priest? I hardly see any Tauren in robes lately and I might consider trying one for the heck of it.Cynris14 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 LFR Maw or Heroic Vagaries Disc priest healing 10m DS.Morphinas1 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 what spell makes disc priest immune to kicks I do 2's with a disc priest partner and he refuses to admit the he is making mistakes in arena. For one, I know there is some move that makes him immune to interupts for a few seconds. What is the name of the spell, so i can tell him specifically what it is.Burrgucci1 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Disc "priority spell" questions Hello, I am having questions, and issues, with what I should primarily be using as my "priority" spells in different situations. I currently have no issues in 5-mans right now; I usually keep tank shielded, 3 stack grace, PoM on CD, and PoH when i can for some full out aoe, with CDs being used. And I use heal, G-Heal, and Penance as filler spells, along with AA/A for increased heals and usually keep 5 stacks of Evangelism up is possible. Like I said tho, dungeons aren't really an issue for me. I am doing LFR, to try and replace some of my other shadow pieces which can be seen equiped because they haven't been replaced yet, but I seem to not be pulling numbers which I usually easily pull on my Resto shaman. I am, or think I am, gemming right, and I know enchants are a must and will help, but I am curious if I am not utilizing the right spells in LFR. I have yet to try healing 10ms, besides BH, but I am concerned if I am going about disc the wrong way. Any tips for advanced spell priorities or plain awesome disc healing would be much appreciated; thank you.Nachtfallen2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Returning Player: Disc vs Holy? Hey community, whats the short answer on disc vs holy right now for pve? As I'm not geared im specifically looking at healing for 5 man instances. When I left holy was vastly superior to disc for these, is this still true? Or has blizzard evened them out and now its a playstyle choice? I can look up the actual "best specs" myself. Thanks!Acheliss9 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Is Holy Dead? Hello everyone. I am new to pve, the details are not important but I am very uneducated in the sense of the current state of raiding. I have been leveling this priest by healing for dungeons in Holy spec. Almost no pvp or questing. My goal is to hopefully find a guild that needs a healer for raiding. The big question is....are Holy Priests dead? Every single forum post or article is about Disc priests. Every pug I heal for is baffled that I am Holy spec. The spec works very well for me. I AM aware that 85 content is different than mid level 5 mans. I AM aware that I should play what I want and works for me. I HAVE tried other specs. However, what I NEED/WANT to know is that do people who raid have a use for a holy priest? Am I learning to play a character/role that will be useless because they lack a certain set of skills or healing capabilities? I would appreciate any input.Menti25 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Discipline in PVP Anyone have a link to a discipline PVP guide. I have try this spec yesterday and liked it, however I feel like I might be missing something. Thanks!Hôpefloats4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Prayer of Mending I don't understand prayer of mending at all. I can see the use in raids, but I cannot fathom the cult following the spell. Assuming minimal melee DPS, does it have any significant use in 5-mans?Eradoria38 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Xmog sets? Fellow priest! Callin all angels of heaven and the dark side teehee Which are you're favorite xmog sets? Simply tired of seeing everyone in the absolute I myself have the absolute tier but I'm lookin For a change! XoxoIceyy2 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Minor glyph Can we get a minor glyph that would Make mind flays blue channel animation? Blue mind flay looked awesomeIceyy0 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 DISC or HOLY for pvp in 4.3? Im trying holy now on 4.3 and im liking it since disc has bad defense cds im prefering holy the bad thing in holy is that it spends more mana then disc heals for more and have an instant heal that its really good so what you guys think?Ulo152 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Disc Priest help Hey there everyone, So I've decided to switch from shadow to pve disc heals. I ran DS 10 last night with them and I was able to keep up pretty well and we still cleared the raid. However, as you can tell by my spec and gear I know next to nothing about how to spec and gear up. So if I could any help that would be awesome! Thanks!Aryiah24 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Low shadow DPS? Hello priests! Just a few concerns I have. I recently hit 85, about 2 days ago, and this is the first time I've ever played shadow. As you can see, my gear isn't half bad, besides the fact I have a couple PvP pieces and missing quite a few enchants..(being broke, woo!) Anyway. My DPS is only about 12-13k on the dummy, and that seems a bit low to me. Am I doing something wrong? Reforged wrong? I read up on shadow quite a bit, and follow the opening rotation and whatnot, and I can only seem to spike out at 13k-14k and hover around 11k-12k constant. Any tips would be awesome, thank you! Totally forgot my trinkets suck. Still working on those >.>Lìght9 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Lifegrip - The ultimate griefing tool So, quick tally...I have witnessed lifegrip used constructively twice. One time on cho'gall to yank some idiot out of an incoming bomb, and once on spine of dw to yank some idiot into a hole for a roll. However, I have witnessed it used as a troll/griefing tool hundreds of times. If you can think of a must-have constructive use in the game for lifegrip, please post it and prove me wrong. Take this god awful useless troll of a spell out of this game.Holyclap21 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Mind flay on Hagara Randomly getting its channel broken while on Hagara, Wasnt moving, nor getting hit. anyone else noticing a similar problem?Uf3 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 2piece T13 for Shadow PvP? ... Am I the only one that thinks this is really good for PvP or am I overestimating it? Combined with Mind Melt, and it also frees talents in Pain and Suffering. I haven't PvP as Shadow in long while and am getting back into it so I don't know for sure though.Hiyotiyo5 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Trinket Choices I've been swapping between these two trinkets recently trying to figure out which will contribute more to my DPS. Theralion's Mirror Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor I also have the valor trinket, but that's crap for almost every fight. The mastery proc on the mirror seems like it may make up for the 12 iLvl difference. Any opinions on which to use?Korasi3 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 There must be one out there surely I'm sure someone out there wrote a shadow priest pvp guide. Anyone have a link to it please? I am sure this spec can have some potential, if you know how to use it correctly. Thanks!Deathfloats2 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Are Shadow Priests frowned upon in Dungeons? From personal experience in random dungeons level 15-85, I have NEVER seen a shadow priest. I'm rolling a priest, and specced shadow just for leveling purposes. Is it bad luck, rarity, or is it the unspoken rule of you don't be a shadow priest for random dungeons?Yunaca6 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Power Word: Soul Train (of Thought) Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. We gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. PW: Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights 6. PW: IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Discussion: On a scale of 1 to e, how nerdy are you? What is the nerdiest thing you will admit to?Blew500 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Building a Priest? Ok, so I'm still mostly a noob at WoW...and am pretty clueless to the fine tuning of building a character. I am working on getting this DK to 85, and farming for a few heirlooms, which I want to use for making a PvE Holy Priest.... I have a few questions though before I start that project of a priest. 1) What heirlooms would be beneficial for a PvE Holy Priest? 2) What professions would you suggest? (I'm leaning toward either JC/Enchanting or Herblore/Alchmey.) 3) What race would you suggest? (I'm leaning toward Human for the boost in reputation probably). 4) More questions to come.Dûnílÿ18 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Necrotic strike is too powerful againt disc i understand dks are suppose to counter disc but this is a little too severe, i suggest making necrotic strike a disease since all other healers have 2 useful dispels and theres not many powerful diseases.Occidomortem10 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Disc priest - is 5k resil too much ? For 2v2 with a rogue and general bgs ?Gabbie7 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Dusting off my priest... Even before my half year vacation, my priest had been shelved for quite some time Well, today I'm looking to dust her off, and I was curious if anyone had any info to offer? is there an up-to-date guide that I can use? she is disc/holy, usually staying in disc with holy there if I ever want to mix it upSondreya1 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 19 bg's Alliance side. Hello Priest's, I just have a few questions for you. Thanks in advance for any and all answers. 1. Which would be the best race for 19 bg's? 2. Which are the best professions for 19 bg's? 3. Which spec would fair best in 19 bg's? I realize that it will most likely come down to player skill and ability to get the best gear, but if one was to seek an advantage, which 3 would be the best in your opinion? Thanks again!Unpuntable1 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 How may a PvP Disc hold mana? alright, so I've seen many disc priests do arenas before when I face them on my other characters. How do they keep their mana stable. It seems when I try taking on a guy who jumps me, I drop everything to get away, including my mana. Any suggestions? Also, what are good 2's mixes for a disc priest?Eyd25 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Addon help. I was wondering if you all could recommend an add-on to help my healing in dungeons. Someone mentioned grid to me, but I was wondering is there anything else or is that what most priests, or any healer, use? Thanks for your help.Neianna12 Apr 23, 2012