Priest

Jan 19, 2012 Please help with stat advice for disc :D Hello my fellow priests :) I'm just getting started with raids/arena, and I would like some advice on how to optimise my performance in regards to stats. I'm a shield spammer, and don't use PoH often, except for healing raids/dungeons. For this reason I'm trying to stack mastery. I am, however, running into a few problems. In arena I find that I die very quickly. Mana is not an issue at the moment, but was when I had less spirit. I know the I could avoid some mana issues by absorbing more damage and healing for larger amounts, but I'm uncertain as to which stats I should reforge/decrease. I have not used prayer of healing at all in arena and probably will never use it unless I get some advice here to the contrary. I do, however, try to use mana burn whenever possible, but it is so slow and barely touches most mana pools. Should I be selecting haste for this reason. If so, how much should I aim for? Should I be reforging Spirit into other stats at all, or keep it so I don't run out of mana in arena? In raids/dungeons I have a hard time healing for enough. PoH heals for very little, but I use it tons. I know that haste is good for this. How much haste/spirit should I aim for for raids/dungeons? The new Hour of T dungeons stress me out like you wouldn't believe, so I stopped attempting them. Thanks so much in advance :)Kirse1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 What do you cast...? Say you are going up against an equally leveled bad guy, one-on-one.  Also, assume you are not taking damage or silenced, etc.  What offensive spells do you cast in order?   Here is what I do... Smite Mind Blast Holy Word: Chastise Holy Fire Devouring Plague Shadow Word: Pain then I either go back to Smite, Mind Blast and Holy Fire or I hit them with Mind Sear   When the victim gets down to about 3k health, I hit Shadow Word: DeathGloy2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Back from hiatus. Need some input. Hey guys, played this priest on and off for a while. In WOTLK I did some raiding in ICC but only for a short while before having a child and life needing to get more attention. However, I am back now. Things have changed a lot, seeing as how I haven't played since cata. I reinstalled grid and some other addons and have most of my heals set up, I did a really quick spec as Disc (I have always healed as disc), but I don't know if it is totally laid out right. Last night I ran three instances of the new cata dungeons for lvl 80 guys, and had a lot of fun although it was quite easy (they were actually fairly good groups). Can you guys check out my gear, and help me figure out what I need to prioritize for upgrading? I am lvl 300 in engineering, is this worth taking higher? Any good up-to-date guides for disc priest? Thanks much, guys!Enoch3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Priest IL 395 Needs Help! Guys, can you check my specs and see if I need to change anything? I'm using the MS/MB on openers like this: pot -> mind flay until 5 stacks of archangel -> AA -> shadowfiend -> MS x 2 -> MB -> MS x 3 -> MB -> MS x2 (will have one last MB with orbs which I save after I apply dots) -> VT -> SP -> DP -> MB (the one mentioned before - helps keeping empowerment on future immediate dots). I definitely see a very nice dps increase and only use it on openers and also when shadowfiend and AA cds align with each other. My problem/questions relate to the haste cap and also 2nd most important stat (mastery vs. crit). I always get DI in raids and I'm wondering if I should reforge haste away at 2140 or 2284 haste rating (with 2284 you get an extra tick of DP) to probably mastery (I think I could benefit greatly using the above burst rotation with mastery). Right now, I have 2948 haste rating and cannot reach the magical 3202 breakpoint. I used Simcraft and mastery shows as my 2nd best start and even first for fights like Ultraxion. Here are my questions: 1. Haste rating: shall I keep it the way it is (basically stack haste until I reach 3202) or reforge down to 2140 or 2284 (I get DI in raids) and bump my mastery (or crit) rating? 2. If the recommendation is stack as much haste as possible, is mastery my 2nd best stat or shall I reforge to crit? (some people told me crit because of the trinkets I use do not no have mastery) 3. Any other recommendations based on my gear? I checked the best priest on world of logs and see people capping haste, people stacking haste as much as possible, people having very low haste and mastery 20+ rating, too many variables!!! I checked all best dps and could not come to a final conclusion. Also, looks like a lot of them are using the Baleroc H trinket as opposed to the ones I use (which I believe the ones I use are BIS for us at normal/heroic versions). Anyways, your help will be greatly appreciated!! I spent hours reading and also trying reforge combinations! Thanks!! :)Gevaritaa0 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 4.3 Healing debuff (pvp): Renew? So with the bump to 25% reduced healing for Mortal Strike, Wound Poision, etc, will PvP priest healers be keeping Renew active as a buffer in 4.3 or will it still be considered too inefficient mana wise?Prophette6 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Noob disc priest question Does mastery affect divine aegis? It says 30% of the heal on the talent but if I take off all my gear it still says 30%. is it just a tooltip error or does it not actually affect the talent. If it doesn't affect the talent than is the only absorb that it does affect pw:shield?Onamier5 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Worth it to change helm? My current gear is as shown on my armory. Is it worth it to switch the Soulgaze Cowl for a Cowl of Dying Light? I would lose a significant amount of mastery but I would get the 4-piece bonus by switching. Also, there's the lower ilvl to consider if I switch.Delandrei7 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 minor dps question question, does anybody move during gcds to proc more shadowy apparations? I never bother, but I was wondering whether or not that would help much Bubblés3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Tauren Vs Goblin Priest I would like your thoughts about which would be better. A Tauren Priest or a Goblin Priest. I was mainly going to be a shadow priest and dps. What do you think?Smighty26 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Which Chest? My guild is probably going to be starting on trying to take Ultraxion down this week, and I'm probably going to be one of the two healers, despite my DPS spec being better than the other healers. Yay for being top healer... We do 10 mans and the guilds other healers are two druids and a paladin who is half a tier behind due to recently having a baby. Anyhow, onto the point I'm wanting help on. Should just I get Lightwarper Vestments, wait out for Robes of Dying Light, or hope for Robe of Glowing Stone? The LFR versions could also aim for, but am less than keen to give up the T12 two piece for 384 gear as Heart of Unliving is continuing to elude me (As does every other LFR trinket) and I'm current seeming to OOM with about 20 seconds of life left in the raid or the boss, coin flip which most times.Compensator5 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Is this where I go for transmog help? :x Hi <3 I've been debating since 4.3 happened what my priest was going to transmog to, since I don't really like any of the cloth gear, and especially not the priest gear. But I finally settled on this gear because it was easy to get and the wings are pretty and I feel like an angel. But after deciding on what set to use, I realized my staff looks absolutely awful. I don't know where to search for weapons that would match this set, because the pvp ones sure as hell don't. And I figured that the majority of you would have an idea of what staff to use. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to transmog. I want something easy to get, either it be a common drop off a boss that's easy to solo, or a green off a mob. I don't want to have to get an entire raid together just for a staff, because that's not worth it. :'x But I really would appreciate the help. Thank you in advance. <3Emmaria5 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Lifegrip Is there a way to make it so priest cannot lifegrip you? I keep encountering a problem in LFR where im trying to tank and getting multiple priest who just constantly lifegrip over and over to the point that i cannot hold any aggro. It ends up with me getting kicked from the raid because it looks like im not holding the aggro when its because i cant actually hit the boss due to them.Solbin12 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Disc pvp guide? I finally decided to level a disc priest and I just hit 85 about a week ago, while I'm still getting geared I'm trying to figure out how to reforge, I've seen a few outdated disc guides but I'm not sure because some say reforging mastery is bad and some say it is good. Does anyone know of a good current Disc pvp guide? And if not can someone please give me the basic idea of my secondary stat priority? Like mastery > crit > haste? Also any tips are appreciated :DStarmiee6 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Atonement/AA healing addon The title says it all, i'm pretty new to the whole priest thing and I'm curious what addons are any good. I'm stuck between vuhdu, healbot, and healium but can't come to a decision. All advice is much appreciated.Alibubble8 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 4.3 Disc Priest BiS List Here's the list i was planning on going with. Head: Cowl of Dying Light(Tier Warmaster Blackhorn) Neck: Petrified Fungal Heart(Heroic Morchok) Shoulder:Mantle of Dying Light(Tier Hagara)/ Mosswrought Shoulderguards(Morchok) Chest: Robes of Dying Light(Tier Ultraxion)/ Robe of Glowing Stone(Morchok) Cloak: Woundlicker Cover(Valor Points) Bracers: Bracers of the Banished(Heroic Hagara the Stormbinder ) Weapon: Maw of the Dragonlord(Heroic Deathwing) Offhand: Ledger of Revolting Rituals(Heroic Ultraxion ) Wand: Finger of Zon'ozz(Heroic Warlord Zon'ozz ) Gloves: Gloves of Liquid Smoke(Heroic Spine) Belt: Cord of the Slain Champion(Heroic Warlord Zon'ozz) Pants: Legwraps of Dying Light(Tier Yor’sahj the Unsleeping) Feet: Janglespur Jackboots(Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn ) Ringx1: Signet of Suturing(Multiple bosses) Ringx2: Ring of the Riven(Heroic Hagara the Stormbinder) Trinketx1: Windward Heart/ Seal of the Seven Signs(Multiple bosses) Trinketx2: Heart of Unliving((Spine of Deathwing)Dasaq18 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 discipline weap choices. I have a 397 vagaries of time and an LFR Maw. As discipline, does the maw proc make up for the intellect (gem) loss/stats?Brawnanvil2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 raid healing disc priests let's gather together now is our time to speak up. there aren't many of us disc priest who get stuck doing the job of a holy priest. But, we do exists nonetheless. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Dr%C3%A4%C3%ABzil/advanced This is my raid healing disc priest. I personally believe that raid healing disc priests have a lot of potential. Sadly I'm stuck raid healing a 25m group. Which disc priest are best raid healing smaller groups. May explain why i pull about 24k hps on hm morchok (group is split basically into 2 10ms.) But, anyways Hello world of disc priest I'm here to give some of you that may question about a raid healing disc priest. How can a disc priest be a viable raid healer? easily, once a disc priest knows what their doing they can outheal almost any other class. However, it's also entirely situation and based on the fights. are stats different from your common tank healing disc to a raid healing disc priest? Yes, they are very much different. some will say it's all out haste>mastery>crit I personally want a balance between haste and mastery. I currently am at about 15 mastery and 18% haste. But, with raid healing disc our stat priority can change on the fight we're doing HM morchok haste>all. HM glob boss mastery>all. So this is why i feel a balance between the 2 stats would be better than going all out as one. However, the data I see and am giving is based on a 25m. I'm sure there aren't many disc priest stuck raid healing a 25m group that deal with this consistent changes. so basically here's what I'd say 8-10% haste commonly for a 10m and all out mastery from there. 16-20%+ haste and a balance of say 12-15 mastery for 25m. That's about what I can figure. I'm also looking for other priests in a relative situation. I want to know if anything I ponder or am doing could be invalid. I want to be a priest topping charts on every fight as disc. I want to make people that look at world of logs pst me and say WTF?Ryeleigh17 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Why are they forcing shadow orbs so hard? Its a mechanic that never really made sense (in my opinion) for shadow priests in the first place. But even worse, its connected to our mastery and now our 4pc current tier set bonus. Its an underwhelming mechanic and I really hate to see them try to force it further down my throat. Is there something amazing that I am missing about it? I never feel like my mind blasts hit that much harder regardless of the orbs I have.Alcsear29 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 haste marks I was just wondering what a reasonable haste mark to aim for me. I the moment I'm at 2737 haste for the extra tick of devouring plague. I just got in a new guild, but assuming that I can get dark intent, the next nearest goal would be 3482 haste. Just wondering if it would be worth trying to reach that mark with the valor point trinket and hopefully some new better gear.Bubblés9 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 How can I improve my healing? Just wondering, trying to get into healing.Oni3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Shadow 4 set and Shadowfiend #showtooltip /cancelaura Mind Melt /castsequence reset=15 Shadowfiend,Mind Spike,Mind Spike,Mind Spike,Mind Blast,Mind Spike,Mind Spike,Mind Spike,Mind Spike,Mind Blast SF > MSx3 > MB > MSx4 > MB > (standard opening) with 30% haste, is this worth using at the start of a fight?Leemesgee4 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 15k hps 15k dps disc priest? i know a guy who is disc in pvp he pulls 15k heals 15k dps how is this possible do i gear as a shadow and heal as a disc? how would you go about doing this lol he left the server last night so i cant ask him >.<Velinaris5 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Lighning Rod VS DW dagger I have the Raid Finder Rath and the off hand from ultra, Picked up Lightning rod 397 Tonight, Noticed a massive dps increase. I thought Rath was BIS for shadow?Imamedic1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Spirit --> Haste/Mastery So I obtained Heart of Unliving recently, and decided to reforge spirit into haste/mastery assuming that my new trinket would compensate for the spirit loss from reforging. So far, it's working extremely well; however, I'm not completely adamant on the choices I've made in regards to reforging. Any opinions as to what may be more beneficial? I bounce between discipline and holy specializations, so be sure to take that into consideration. While you're at it, are my gem/enchantment choices optimal? Thanks.Priestige7 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 I'm doing something fundamentally wrong. I have decent gear, reforge, gems, enchants.. i keep my dots up, i cast mind blast, fill with mind flay, sometimes shw death, but i cant seem to break 16k, i just feel like i'm missing something big and i cant figure out what it is.Finnikiein16 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Can you guys check out my gear / spec This is my alt priest, just wondering if you all can look over my spec, reforges, gems and see if everything looks OK. Ive healed raids as main spec disc and really haven't had any issues to that come to mind. Any tips, tricks or advice appreciated.Anhelica3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Disc priest opness in 2's So me with my holy paladin partner, fully enchanted, lost to a priest of lesser gear and no enchants, and a feral druid no enchants. (at all, no enchants seriously) Ive killed priest teams before of better gear, but the problem is, if they're smart priests they are IMPOSSIBLE. Its very arrogant for a class to sit there mana burning, not having to worry about healing himself, while im on them with full cooldowns up, unhindered, burning him and his hp or mana is not moving. Now you'll say "Well trollface, why didnt you interupt the burn?" Well thats because hed either bait the interrupt for a burn, or use a heal id interrupt instead. Necrotic strike stacked means absolutly nothing to priests, he just stood still the whole fight didnt have to move. And stood at full mana. I believe this is because of priests regaining 7% TOTAL mana every 12 seconds and -20% damage stacked ontop of resil 24/7. Im not some baddie, i kill any other class healer sometimes within 15 seconds (of similar gear, they just cant handle that much pressure and silence at once) But smart priests dont even need to heal, they stand there arrogantly not having to heal, baiting mana burns, then mana burning while there partner eats me alive forcing my healer to not be able to los and just take the burns because i would die otherwise. And all i see on this forum is people begging to buff disc priestsTrollfacejpg28 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Tier 13 2/4 bonus for Holy Priests Hi, I just wanted to see if I'm the only one who thinks that the tier13 bonuses are bull.... for a holy priest. mana reduction for 25 secs... after using divine hymn ( witch is done usually once...sometimes twice in a fight )..thats not a bonus, thats a trinket lol and the 4 piece is even better, longer holy word..i mainly use the instant one so again, useless here. at even talent/gear, we are usually behind holy pallies and resto druids...and I know a lot of ppl will tell me to go Disco. I tried it and didnt like it. Both specs should be able to pull around the same kind of HPS or the game isnt well done...in PVE that is, i would even add that Holy should be stronger, disco is better for PVP imo(not that its not good for PVE)..but again, the set was made primarely for 1 spec, Disco. Compared to my hunter witch has DOUBLE focus regen on cobra/steady shots!!! now thats a BONUS! (2 piece) so whoever i responsible for developing and 'testing' these sets, please, dont make stuff according to your own likeings. It's not even subtle that some classes are your favorites and others you dont care about. Everybody who plays this game puts bread on your table and we like to play ALL classes and ALL specs. MAKE IT FAIR ..guess I'll stay in my 378 2piece until the panda invasion...Premiere10 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Lets See the Transmogrification Priests! Lets see some creative priest outfits! Post them!Airbiird500 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 how much spirit - holy pvp? Title = question.Prophette6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 New85 hnoly priest needs help >> Ok so i thought i might seek out the advice of the pro while im fixing my laptop. I read the guide but im still hopelessly lost. I go heroic and i just can't keep up with the heals either my mana runs out o r the group is taking to much damage all at one time. I find my self spamming greater heal just to keep the tank alive :( it happens on every random heroic. I thought i had decent gear but im not sure now. I wouldn't be so frustrated but it seems every other heroic im in as a dps the healer (pally shaman) does a great job. Any help would bem uch appreciated thanks!Bixxiee5 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Parrot [addon] + Timeslip Do any Parrot users know how to create a notification for Timeslip procs?Elethia4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Vow of Unity, Speculations? "A versatile healer who can reverse damage on individuals or groups and even heal from beyond the grave." When i first read this i thought there would be more misdirection when dmg was dealt. Obv i was wrong but now with Vow of Unity it looks like Blizz is gonna give priest a possibly bad !@# and unique skill. Being able to Tank heal and Raid heal at the same time (from what i gather). I like this quite a bit. Although i was hoping they changed it to multi-target (at least 2) instead of 1 but hey i guess i'm just greedy. Your thoughts?Chayot6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Disc Priest PVP So I've been hearing about how being a priest in PVP sucks lately. I personally have been having fun with it, but I'm still pretty new to it so that's why I'm here. I'd like to know if I could get some help from people here on what I should be doing. Right now I'm throwing out Bubbles and pretty much keeping Penance on CD. My renew gets put on the back burner since it seems that the HoT won't heal through a fight. My flash heal doesn't seam to want to be nice with my mana pool, so that doesn't get used much. So pretty much, I'm looking for any kind of help I can get. Situations on when to use what spells, If I shouldn't be throwing bubbles out so much. Anything.Hotbeforedot7 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 So when will Shadow PvP be fixed? I was bored, so I decided to solo queue for a Gilneas. May as well have bashed my head against a wall; never again. Without a dedicated healer, the instant I step near any sort of battle, the entire enemy team immediately swaps to me because Shadow has no survivability and no escape mechanism. There is a serious issue when even the worst players in the game see a Shadow Priest and immediately think 'Omg look @ dat ez kill!' The day before, we did 3s as RPS for conq cap. My partners are both Gladiators. Every single comp at 2200-2300 MMR, with the exception of RLS, was capable of dropping me from 100% to ~30% in as little as 4 seconds, and there's nothing I can do about it beyond the initial dispersion. Alternatively, they drop our Druid in the same time, and there's nothing I can do to stop them beyond Silence and Horror. Fear is worthless. My Rogue has to spend the entire game peeling two people at once, and I have to spend the entire game trying to LoS or escape the train on me, while doing everything possible to get my Druid out of CC. It's beyond stupid. For any given match, I spend 95% of the time waddling around and the remaining 5% actually doing damage. Unless you're playing Shadowplay, Shadow isn't even playable anymore. As the season goes on, the spec is just becoming worse and worse due to the melee train scaling with the 410 weapons and 403 gear. Essentially every class has at least slightly lower burst than Shadow (the single three orb Mind Blast it gets with wings every 90 seconds is the only saving grace) and much better sustained damage, more escape mechanisms, and more CC. Shadow is getting to the point that it's just plain bad. It's quickly falling from the 'average' position it was in for earlier Cataclysm seasons. Shadow needs to be addressed before MoP. The current state is unacceptable. You cannot in any way try to say that Shadow is fine, while replacing with any caster creates a better composition with more strengths and fewer weaknesses.Yen34 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Rate the priest above you! rate the priest above you gemming,gear choices, enchants,reforging,spec the whole thing and help youre fellow priest as to what they should do about it if it isnt a 10/10!Tylennol100 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 whats the spirit cap for raiding? Whats the spirit cap for raiding in DS?Littleheals10 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 How would you reforge as disc? The question for the title is simple, but a bit vague since I do know how to reforge. But what ever I reforge to doesn't feel right; I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Charlatanry/advanced Now, I've been thinking of using a spec like this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Affinitii/talent/primary, but how does that spec compare to going full AA spec, or normal disc spec. And how does it differ for reforging. I do have the Deathwing mace and the Ultraxion OH, and was curious how that would stand with what I have and if it would still be better than the Blackthorn staff. I've been looking but haven't really been able to find answers from browsing other forumns/ websites.Charlatanry7 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Anyone Tried Ti'Tahk + Seal of 7 Signs? Yes i'm serious, no this isnt a troll thread. I picked up Seal today (Unluckily) in our weekly 10m raid, few bosses later HoU dropped but unfortunetly our guild has policy where only 1 win per run unless nobody else can use it. So i'm stuck with seal for at least another week minimum. So far i've noticed that haste is definetly nice and 20sec is a long duration for a proc but of course i would rather have the spirit from HoU. Just curious if anyone has tried it with the staff and would u recommend the combo? Alone i don't think either of these are very good for holy but curious if together they can possibly be very good?Chayot3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Disc trinkets, non-atonement spec hey, all! won a few rolls, and was curious what you more experienced folks thought: I currently have 5 trinkets to use.... Windward Heart Foul Gift of the Demon Lord Seal of the Seven Signs Heart of Unliving Insignia of the Corrupted Mind Now, Im currently equipping what you see on my toon now (FGotDL and WH), but have heard the HoU is good even for non-atonement disc priests. While I can get low on mana, I dont really go oom, but havent progressed a whole lot yet, so that might change. PW:S and Divine Aegis tend to be my highest heals in Recount. Not thrilled with the lower INT of the HoU (286 INT), but maybe the spirit proc? Your thoughts?Heallikehell2 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Do other casters get trained this hard? Do all the other casters get trained and bursted as hard as we do, or is it just us? I'm just wondering. I know this sounds quite QQ-ish, but it isn't, I really wanna know if melee are just all around dominant at the moment or if it's us being in a bad place. I'm referring to Shadow Priests, btw!Oni32 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Critique A Disc Priest (please) I'm looking to max out my HPS, but yet not have mana issues. It's a real issue when I need to switch to my holy spec for a fight, but have mana issues, so I get more spirit. Then I have too much mana in disc and get the feeling I could be doing so much more. So what's a healthy balance of spirit? Does my gemming look alright? How about enchants? Should I reforge out of more spirit? (Without reforging any of it out I have sround 3500). But when I reforged to 2500 spirit I was finding myself aggrivated with having to heal holy. So all in all, just look at my spec, gem, enchants, gear, and everything then give feedback. Thank you for any advice you may give! <3 Edit: Forgot to add, if it's not obvious.... I'm gearing for PvE. =^.^=Velissa25 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Shadow Priest Guide ~My outlooks~ ~~~~IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD FEEL FREE TO INCLUDE IT BELOW YOU WILL GET CREDIT IF YOU POST YOUR NAME AND YOUR SERVER~~~~ ~This is my first guide, be gentle please!~ Hello all, my name is Preiests, I've tested every possible spec of Shadow Priest, and most gear options (Crit heavy, Haste heavy, Mastery heavy, all balanced) You name it, I've tried it... ~Below is a guide that I've written everything in here is either from my own knowledge, friends knowledge and other things...~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD FEEL FREE TO INCLUDE IT BELOW YOU WILL GET CREDIT IF YOU POST YOUR NAME AND YOUR SERVER~~~~ ~~~~TABLE OF CONTENTS~~~~ 1. Gear options/Optimizing your gear.. 2. My armory link/explanation of gear. 3. Rotations (Multiple for different specs/gear.) 4. Websites, add-ons... ETC 5. Credits. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1. Hello everyone, here I'm going to discuss the possible gear selections that there are out there, for optimizing your maximum damage per second (After all that's why we came here, is it not? =)).... Shadow Priests are VERY powerful spell casters that depending on your gear can very from Haste heavy or Mastery heavy... If you are a starting out priest, you'll notice a MAJOR different gem/gear selection then if you're already in Tier 13... Heroics - Well, for heroics lets be honest you just faceroll through !@#$ anyway, and we're FACE MELTERS!!*(Check below on addons/reforge for more dps output for multiple mobs) Raids (FIRELANDS) - Now, lets say you're just getting started and want to gear up BEFORE Dragon Soul... So you run Firelands, all of your gear should be HASTE heavy... The stat priority PRE T13 is Spirit/Hit (If you're resting at 16.2 and above UP TO 17% you're fine, anything past 17% you're wasting your time..) Haste > Mastery > Crit... ANY GEAR with Crit REPLACE it with either Haste (If Haste is present, replace it with Mastery)... If your gear has Crit (T12 Pants) replace it for Haste AFTER your spirit/hit is present... Remember, if the socket bonus is 20 intellect OR HIGHER use the gems it requires to get there. *NOTE* 40 Intel Gems (RED), 20 Spirit/Intel (BLUE) and 20 Intel/Haste (ORANGE) SHOULD BE THE ONLY GEMS YOU USE!!! FOR THIS SET!!!! Raids (DRAGON SOUL) - Now you're geared up in Haste gear, and you get some T13 under your belt... For your 2/5 bonus, continue to use Spirit/Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit... But when the day comes (Either LFR gear or LFG gear) you will need to replace your gear with Mastery over Haste (Discussion below)... When you reach your 4/5 your rotation changes, and everything else does as well.. as I stated... discussion below... =) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~RESERVE~Preiests3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Dps help. Okay so I know these things, I need to finish gemming, get enchants, and replace the blue 346 legs. But currently I seem to be doing really low dps, Im keeping all dots up and keeping empowered shadow up as much as possible. swd under 25% and seem to do really bad damage when trying to multidot in a heroic 5 man i range from 11k-17k would doing the above show a significant increase or am i doing low even for my current gear? I am also using an addon called reforge lite so feel free to critique those and my spec as well. any help appreciated. thanks.Theldas0 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Help with this priestly business... Hey guys, I just got this priest to 85 recently, and it's pretty much the first 85 other than a druid for me. And honestly, it seems I'm not doing it right, my dps as shadow is lacking IMO. And I attempted to heal some easier heroics (grim batol) and I find it that I can't keep up with the damage for some reason. At first I was tempted to blame a bad tank, or bad group, but when it happens 10 times in a row, the problem is probably behind the keyboard as they say. So as far as shadow goes, I followed the sticky to the best of my ability. But no matter what I do it's hard for me to get more than 14~15k on target dummy and I don't think I went over 20k in ultraxion lfr... My rotation usually goes like this: VT, SW:P, DP, MFx2, Archangel, MB,MFx1.5, refresh VT before it drops (1s left at best), shadow fiend,... priority list And on trash, I don't know what to do, on large trash pulls, i just mind sear it does ok. But on 3 or 4 mobs, not sure what to do, I get pretty much the same thing whether I try to multi dot or mind sear spam or just handle it as single target one at a time. And for healing, my main issue is mostly AOE healing, as discipline, what can I do? I use prayer of mending as much as possible, but it doesn't feel to do that much... otherwise on heavy aoe damage, I can't think of anything but spam prayer of healing, but that makes my mana disapear quickly and in the mean time I'm no longer casting single target heals on the tank... which often just kills him. I know this is a very generic question, and all, but any help would be apreciated guys. EDIT: Forgot to mention that for the dps rotation, I often have an issue with Empowered shadow droping off without even getting a single shadow orb in the mean time. Am I supposed to MB on cooldown anyway and not wait for shadow orbs? should I refresh my dots just before Empowered shadow drops? I admit that when this happens I'm lost and it screws my rotation. It means I spent 8s+ waiting for a shadow orb while mind flaying with no result, and I will soon have to refresh my dots without the buff etc... And if I did have a non empowered dot, should I replace it as soon as I get the empowered shadow buff?Praestor3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 PvP - Staff or MH/OH? Title says it all, I'm a PvP disc healer.Dayom4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Spriest 4 set bonus. How should we use it? I'm still a little bit unsure how to make the best of our new 4 set bonus. It seems that if you don't do anything different than you did prior to the bonus, you'll get only a minimal and occasional buff to your DPS at best. All it would really benefit would be our MB while the SF is up I think. I feel like I don't seem to proc enough shadowy apparitions these days to make much of a difference with orb proccing, especially on standing-still fights such as Ultraxon. Does that mean that without a new MS/MB based rotation for SF, the new four set doesn't do much for us? Thoughts? I found this post, which goes into some detail about how we might be able to take advantage of what we have using a multiple MS then MB rotation while our fiend is up. http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1176 My question is still how exactly to incorporate a /cancel aura Mind Melt macro, and if it actually works. I'm not great at macros, so I want to know which spell I should bind this to, and in what order it needs to be in within the macro to be effective. Any thoughts or information anyone has or has found would be most welcome. I'd like to see a thread in our forum about our four set and best uses, so if anyone knows of one, please point me in that direction. =] Thanks!Maeby3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 "Hand of God" LFR Massacre and Leap of Faith I don't know if I'm the only one, but in Looking for Raid I usually find myself EXTREMELY bored as a healer. It's rather insufferable. To compensate and give me something to do, I've invented a little game that priests of all kind could try to avoid falling asleep at your keyboard. The new game "Hand of God" takes Leap of Faith, or life-grip, to a whole new level. Involving just yourself and a deserving or bothersome other(or perhaps just an unlucky individual), stand as far off the edge of the flying gunship as possible in while fighting Warmaster Blackhorn. In any order that you want, preferably starting with lowest dps, wait for the target to run forward. This momentum carries him or her off the edge when suddenly/surprisingly life-gripped. Any decent or conscious players can easily avoid the trap, but for the unbrainy individuals that fall off the ship, grant them a levitate as a last gift as you become the Hand of God and unsuspectingly have flung the player overboard! Isn't Leap of Faith fun!? Share more stories if you have used Leap of Faith in the past for any sinister acts as well! >:)Schleepy14 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 How good is the Disc 4 Set? 384 vs 397? Right now I've got a 397 chest, won a token from raider finder for chest, is the 4 set bonus worth dropping in stats?Shearwater3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Power Word: I Inner Will Always Love You. Yeah. Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. PW: Vent info is as follows: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights 5. PW: IRC info is as follows: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests 6. Why aren't you in PW: IRC? If you start the newest PW:D thread, I ask that you copy them into the first post of every Power Word thread. Discuss: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Talk about anything Priest-related. I don't care.Tweakx500 Jan 18, 2012