Priest

Feb 24, 2012 So I've gotta' ask. Sallos1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Being a disc priest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7IYR_rELyE Discuss.Zoren5 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Power Word: Priest de Resistance Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. PW: Vent info: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights 5. PW: IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests Discussion: Our talents have yet to get the overhaul other classes have. Are we doomed? Or are they saving the best for last?Kerias500 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Question about Dics Priests Hi, I was doing LFR last night with my disc priest and noticed that I was either 4 or 5th on the overall healing, is it normal for a disc priest to be in that spot? I know it is a noob question but I figure I’ll ask.Tangiesmom21 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Disc Keybinds? I just stared trying to gear this guy for Disc PvP, but I also recently got a Naga and redid my interface; my keybinds are awkward as all hell. Just looking for some tips/wondering what you all use. PvE/PvP, whatever. I've got bartender set up for one actionbar, two (reg. and shift-mod) for the Razer Naga, and the majority of my heals on HealBot. Suggestions? :)Korigan2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 @Dispersing I just want to thank you again for you're advice. We downed Yor last night and got really close on Ultra (few attempts) Our Kill for Yor: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sdz0ej4lat1i10l2/sum/healingDone/?s=3009&e=3613 H PorkChop http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sdz0ej4lat1i10l2/sum/healingDone/?s=916&e=1169 Zonz' http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sdz0ej4lat1i10l2/sum/healingDone/?s=4247&e=4475 Hagra http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sdz0ej4lat1i10l2/sum/healingDone/?s=5631&e=5816 I had a few mana problems with Pork near the end along with a few attempts on H Ultra because I don't have a spirit regen trinket. May try the VP trinket and move the mastery->haste and replace the WWHeart. Thank you again =) Kisko8 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 LFR T13 > then T12?? Ive been healing for the last 7 months and my RL wants me to start working on a dps set to switch hit. In the T12's i can still be competitive, still pull my 22-26k dps, so the question is since im not likely to dps normals to get the tokens for dps sets so have to rely on the LFR tokens for dps, is the 4pc LFR T13 going to be better then my T12's?Daketh2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Mogging Question. Hi everyone, Need suggestions on Shoulders/Staff that will match my current transmog set. It isn't my ideal set, but it is working as of now. Thank you so very much. I generally greatly appreciate quick responses. :) Nick.Crössblesser2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Spriest AOE on H Yor We have a boss with 5 adds stacked on it. What's the best setup. Currently our priest is just channeling Mind Sear (and going OK but getting clobbered by the rogue and warrior). Is it worth doing something else, like trying to keep ES up, dotting them, etc.? Lusignan5 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 spriest dummy DPS. idk what it is. i can barely do like 22k on the dummy when my really bad warrior with waaay crappier gear can do 20 easily any other shadow priests having same problem? in actual raid i probably do 27-32k and thats with dark intent and raid buffs, heroism. all that good stuff.Cobby5 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 First time healing I did my first dungeon trying to heal the other day. I got all flustered and ran myself out of mana and we ended up wiping. I was very embarassed. I requeued and tried again. This time I got us all the way through except for the tank dying once but I was able to resurrect him and we finished the dungeon. Promise me it will get better?Supernaut16 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Auto self targeting not working So I noticed this after trying out shadow these last few days, But my shields and heals aren't auto self-casting if my target has someone other than me targeted. Let me explain: No 1 targeted: It casts on me If my target has me targeted: It casts on me If my target has some 1 or something else targeted, It tries to cast on that target. ^^This is the problem^^ I cant figure out how to correct this. I have Auto Self Target checked. I don't have any weird macros or anything. I don't understand. Can some 1 enlighten me?Grilledchez3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 priest or mage? Hey everyone! i'm wanting to level a new alt for pvp, i have it down between a priest and mage, i'm just looking for everyones opinion and why. thanks!Ilesh2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Mind Spike spam FTW DS has forced me to learn how to shadow competitively for progression so I've been trying to read everything I can on the subject. For a few weeks now I've been putting up decent numbers but never really competing for position. I finally found out I should be spamming Mind Spike at regular intervals. Our tier 13 4-piece turns Shadowfiend into a DPS cooldown initiating a burn phase. Pop Archangel if available, pop Shadowfiend, then start spamming Mind Spike and hitting Mind Blast off CD until the fiend drops. Then reapply dots and resume your normal rotation. Mind Spike is now about 20% of my overall, which is now significantly higher. I hope this helps out some other priests looking to up their DPS who don't know about it.Nyxandra3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Rupture in MoP. Something's wrong? So, PW:S costs 7% of your base mana in MoP, and Rupture returns 7% of your base mana every 12 seconds if a PW:S is fully consumed. Since our mana pools are staying exactly the same at the level cap due to intellect changes, doesn't that mean and Rupture will, in effect, return only the exact amount of mana that PW:S costs, and nothing more? Meaning you will basically refund your PW:S and not actually gain any mana from Rupture procs like you do now. Blah blah blah it's only in Alpha blah blah blah, but it's still jacked up, isn't it?Weenkié8 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Priest Feedback/Suggestions for new 87 spell Good Evening, Spectral Guise was recently scrapped, so we know they developers are working on a new spell for priests. We as a community should discuss and potentially contribute ideas. Please keep the discussion clean and the ideas coherent. The more mature this discussion is, the greater a chance it will be noticed. Here's my idea that's revised on my earlier idea of how to fix lightwell: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Black Hole Player summons a Black Hole at the target area, pulling all enemies closer to the center and siphoning life from the twisting nether to all friendly targets within 30 yards. These effects are stronger the closer the targets are to the center. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The idea here is that the hole could: do proximity based healing to your group members the closer they clump up; the hole could grasp at enemies and slow them more if they are closer to the center. Keeping enemies 'grouped' as they slow in the middle would have synergy with mind sear and divine star. This could potentially make shadow aoe less brainless, and provide a cool pvp button that is "fun" like a mage's ring of frost is "fun". This also gives healing priests a button that would have synergy with barrier and lightwell. This also works well with Leap of Faith (and Barrier), because it helps orient players to where the priest might want them to stand. Keep in mind that clumping for max heals will be supported by all healing classes next xpac, and that the new druid symbiosis ability can use Leap of Faith in conjunction with Stampeding Roar. The new monk class is also going to want to place their 'totem-statue' things in a good place, so this offers more incentive to work with ground placement based abilities. It also goes along with the priest mantra that they are both light and dark, and thematically supporting the new "Divine Star" ability. Think of priest as an 'Algalon-type' god complex class. I'm thinking of the cool spell effects from the Algalon fight. I'd love to hear other ideas.Twistedmind15 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Heroic Yor'shaj - Heal Me, Fellow Priests! I suck at this fight. Like, hard core suck. And it didn't help that we took a 10 minute break. We pulled out Archaeology Trinkets and I showered people with Rose Petals... and forgot to put my staff back on for the last few attempts. /facepalm What am I doing wrong? I feel that I'm the weak link in this equation. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/57vg2n7a4bcqb3bf/ And if you see me cast a Dispel Magic one time, it's because I literally planted my face on the keyboard and rolled in hopes that it would magically save the day. It didn't. We're just not a faceroll class! So I need the kind of feedback that's harsh and honest. I've got to figure out how to heal this fight better.Feythylan39 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 MoP Mind Control Anyone else notice that Mind Control no longer has a 2 sec cast time and is instead strictly channeled? I think this is a pretty significant change... Hope it goes live.Shadè8 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Shadow priest pvp Im relatively to playing a shadow priest so im just looking for some tips i guess I pretty much ONLY pvp and i want to become one of those dominant players, like most pvper's I have the basics of playing a Spriest down, i think, but theres things i know im not doing right DoT up youre target, kite, mindflay when u can, mind blast when u have 3 shadow orb stacks or pop arch, mindspike x3 and mindblast?... right? I know there's fears, silences and disarms mixed in too. But i feel like i'm doing something wrong because i can never do as much as the people on top damage in bgs and stuff, especially in rbgs. Im not 100% "correctly geared" but its good enought, my ilvl 392 or maybe 393, i got some new cata peices and i havent checked. All in all, i'm just looking for some pvp tips from some experienced Spriest who have this spec on lock P.S. healing is completely out of the question.Kolko2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 please rate my holy priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Pinkerdorf/simple Any suggestions or advice welcome thanksPinkendorf11 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 HoU Just got a 1 in LFR Hey i would just like to say that after so much time trying to get this dam trink on normal and LFR that i finally got 1 and can go back to MS Holy and destroying ppls perception of what it can do. I want to give a big what's up to DMC:Tsunami, Gone but never forgotten...Annnd Lets see, Maybe on madness i'll toss it on again but you can retire to the box with Foul Gift and Core of Ripeness. **Hand Salute** **Shed a tear for the ageless beauty DMC:T **Ready TWO!!**Chäyot14 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Enemy mage uses Mana Shield... If I'm healing, DPS'ing, or doing ANYTHING... I'm not sure why, but when I see a mage running around with just mana Shield on, I have a tendency to RUN right at them screaming: "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!" And then whip up a PI + Mana Burn combo. It's obviously not the most effective thing to do... but watching so, so much mana be burn so fast, is just... just... delicious. I can't be the only one who revels in mana burning a mage right? It doesn't really serve an overall purpose to winning a BG, but it certainly entertains me for some strange reason :\Takeru0 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Avatar set and gloves I hate the bulky gloves like the ones for the avatar set. but i love the avatar set. and i cant find any gloves that quite go well enough to put with the avatar set, without looking like i have sock-em-boppers on my forearms. anyone know a good hand slot item to go with this lovely tier set?Kurenei5 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Rotation and DPS Question What rotation is best at my current level and what kinda dps should I be pulling? Only thing I pretty much do is MF and MB on trash and throw all 3 DoTs on bosses and I still end up like 3rd dps on recount.Valdamore1 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 shadow pvp atm ^--how is it atm and if its bad whats a good alternative for pvpZèùs4 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 dagger choice (shadow pvp) I've currently got Ruthless Gladiator's Spellblade In a couple of weeks I planned to upgrade to Cataclysmic Gladiator's Spellblade However, in LFR I just got Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind I think Cataclysmic > Rathrak (raid finder) > Ruthless but I'm not sure. What should I do? Edit: Rathrak is actually tooltipped at 8870 for the poison dot. Not sure why this is higher than the wowhead tooltip.Niks5 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Disc solo heal H ultra? I wanna try it. Thinking balls out with red til blue drop then balls out even further. Possible? Using current reforge/gear minus the Vagaries, ill be using my Maw of course. But as it sits right now I'm at a 1.98 GH/PoH, self buffed of course. Anyone fish up any logs of a solo h ultra disc kill?? Heres logs from last weeks 2 heal with me and Hpally if that will help any http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b6p8mfeu7z60llf1/analyze/hd/source/?s=8002&e=8337Dispersing8 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 looking to improve, holy So this is a baby 85 that I leveled exclusively through instances. With the help of some really awesome friends, and some AH finds, I was able to get into LFR almost instantly, and got some really great gear. But...I am not putting that gear to good use it seems =/ When I did LFR tonight, I was up against a resto druid, resto shammy, 2 disc priests and another holy priest. I was dead bottom with a terrible hps at 8k. The other holy priest was a solid 13k, and we had very similar gear (minus my awful trinket....been trying to get the HoT one, but it hates me). The two disc priests were rocking our socks, but they were heroic raid geared, so I had no hope of being close. I do know I am missing enchants on a few pieces, and have lower quality enchants on others, and I need to re-check my gems....I think I have a purified gem in a slot that can use a brilliant...but that shouldn't have as much of an impact as I saw. Here's my priority: Renew on tanks, PoM on cd, prayer of healing/sanctuary/CoH (I think that's the aoe heal) as needed, heal/greater heal/flash heal as needed. I use wings situationally, same with desperate prayer and divine hymn. Is there anything that I can be doing differently? anything I shouldn't be doing? Any feedback is greatly appreciated =)Buffinbones2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Is Holy really that bad? So on this toon I have been running holy as my healing spec for lfr, and I usually do ok in healing. Still getting gear and learning how to heal raids, so I usually end up in the middle of healing. However, I've been hearing from numerous sources that holy is one of or the worst raid healers, and that disc is far superior. Is holy really that bad that I should just go 2 disc specs (1 for pve, one for pvp), or is everything I am hearing just a load of bs?Plzdonthitme6 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Spriests - Moving In LFR I am always looking at ways to improved my dps, especially as I see other spriests topping the charts in LFR. My question is three-fold. Do you move a lot? When do you move? What do you cast while moving? Any feedback is appreciated.Ouroborous11 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Shadow trinket question I have a few trinket here but i am not 100% sure which are the best, except for one. I know i need to keep my Will of Unbinding but im not sure which of the others i should be using. Foul Gift of the Demon Lord Or Necromantic Focus or Darkmoon Card: Volcano or Bottled Wishes Thanks!Avía4 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Why is my DPS so low? I'm averaging 25-27k on fights. Why is it low? ANything wrong with my gear, reforing, enchants? I have the rotation down. Keeping all my dots up, using mindflay as filler, clipping mindflay to cast mind blast on CD. Need some help please. I feel like I should be around 35k.Freehealzs12 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Divine Aegis Vs H Yor'saj After a 10% wipe with tank exploding (Deep Corruption), we tried to kill ourself. We got a lot of wipes before with tank exploding and was tired of yelling "ONLY THE PRIEST HEAL THE TANK!!!!1111eleven". So, we changed to normal and one-shotted everything. Looking combat logs we found nothing! Only priest's greater heal. So is possible the Divine Aegis proc giving Deep Corruptions stacks and wiping us?Tarvos17 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Making a Haste/Crit set for 25H DS I've been using the same gear for both Holy and Disc (except swapping out the Necro trinket for LFR HoU or Foul Gift, depending on mana needs). Between this week and last week, I've had a couple new pieces that give me more options for a Haste/Crit build for Disc, though I'll probably still go Mastery/Spirit for H Morchok since I was using shields so heavily. I'm not likely to be able to head back to town to reforge between fights, though I will happily do so for progression bosses as we get to them. It looks like if I want to make any major difference by swapping pieces out rather than reforging, I'll have to sacrifice Int. Anyway, here are the options I have if I swap pieces out without reforging: Mastery/Spirit outfit: Int: 8283 Spirit: 2340 Haste: 1462 Crit: 419 Mastery 2027 Crit1 outfit: Int: 8283 Spirit: 2277 Haste: 1431 Crit: 573 Mastery: 1955 Crit2 outfit: Int: 8246 Spirit: 2302 Haste: 1388 Crit: 767 Mastery: 1793 Crit3 outfit: Int: 8231 Spirit: 2054 Haste: 1609 Crit: 1220 Mastery 1280 If I'm able to stop and reforge, here are my options (I would go 3 pts in Darkness for 2.0 PoH): Reforged Max Crit/Int Int: 8283 Spirit: 1800 Haste: 2023 Crit: 1562 Mastery 914 Reforged Max Haste/Crit: Int: 8231 Spirit: 1766 Haste: 2012 Crit: 1901 Mastery: 547 Would giving up 32 int for 339 Crit be worthwhile if I were going for all-out PoH spam with PoM, grace, archangel, and rapture up? This is for just starting 25H. Obviously on normals, I can do fine with either build, so it's not worth reforging between fights. I don't always know until raid time whether I need to go disc or holy, since it depends on whether we have another disc priest that time.Carissima2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Trinkets for Holy So tonight Windward Heart dropped of Warmaster, I won it, and decided to test it out on Madness because I was unsure about how good it really was. As you can see here it did only 1.9-2% of my healing done: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/lq1c9alkck2n1qnm/details/5/?s=4327&e=5073 I have the 403 HoU so for my other trinkets it's between Seal of Seven Signs (397) Foul Gift, DMC Tsunami, or FQ. I have been running with Foul Gift because of how often it procs and how good mastery is for Holy, when I don't use this trinket there is a noticeable difference in my Echo of Light healing done %. Usually I do around 15% done and without it on madness I only did 13%. TBH I think the WWH might be useful but I ended up giving it away after the raid to a shaman healer...was this the right decision?Dalton9 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Priest Healing tier for dps? Hello, I have a Holy/shadow priest that I just took into DS. The raid group said that I would have to be healz/dps to stay. I won 2 tier pieces last night and im wondering how well the healing set is on dps? Would It be decent dps and hav enough hit for OS considering that the spirit is converted? plz lets me know. Thx! :)Musstybone3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Shadow Priest Resource Has anyone come by a good pre-raid gear list? Basically anything before DS10,25,LFR; but outside of T11-12. If one has already been made up it'd save me time but if not I'll start going through the drops. Thanks.Tauradin3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Thinking about trying holy I was thinking about trying holy priest… how is my gear for that? I know I am missing a few enchants and the reforge and gems must be all wrong but I figure I’ll ask. I been healing as disc and for some reason have not founded rewarding enough.Tangiesmom1 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Better Gear but losing DPS, what am i missing Back when my Iscore was 384-388 i was rocking in in 5 mans and LFR...as i upgraded i kept up with the well documented gems, chants, reforging and thought i was doing fine. BUT Starting last week (well almost 2 weeks now) i noticed my DPS dropping, not just the fact i was no longer top 5 in LFR but the actual DPS #'s we down like 5k (average). My item level is now 392 and i cant get my dps up to my original #'s from weeks ago when i was 10 points lower on gear score. Anyone else having this issue? Was there a change in SP's i missed? I have changed meters, compared with friends meters, worked on the dummies, read new strats and still coming up blanks. Any priest help would be much appriciated. Gear check me if you like Cygnusxone Khaz Modan server thanksCygnusxone15 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Need help, Clicker trying to switch to Macros I'm a clicker and I know it sucks and want to change. I just dont fully understand how the macros work. I dont really know how to make them but I know there are guides for that.... The thing I really dont get is how you work with multiple targets. I play disc and mostly pvp. How do I rotate casting on myself and my two partners with out having to click on them in someway. Same thing goes with the enemy, I know I can have a target and focus target but I still just don fully get it. If anyone could explain targeting with macros to me I'd appreciate it.Gilg7 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Leap of Faith Tales I was kinda curious to other priest's Leap of Faith stories Good:Saved someone from Deathwing's rolling technique on spine last week Bad/funny: I life grip people at the edge of the ship on DS and they fall off ;) I also life grip people into the ice wall on Hagara for laughs in lfr (Did it once to a guildie, now I'm banned from doing it during raids :() Snugs16 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Mana No matter what anyone says, priest mana recovery is VERY lacking. Especially shadow spec. They definately need "life tap" "evocation" type recovery...period. Glyphs, and shadow word death aside, the mana recovery is too small. Blizzard! Do something!Cyraxe6 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 [Heals] Am I lacking in 10m H as AA/A? Well our guild is now progressing threw Heroics and what a difference =D. Love the mechanics and how healing intense it gets (Normal for us is pretty much compared to LFR) But I'm worried that I'm not completely at 100% in Heroic. Normal I'm mostly right up there with our HPal (~12k+)But during our Heroic attempts (we're 2 healing Pork/Yorsh/Ultra) I feel like my #'s aren't where they should be. I know Discp is more of a damage reduction/absorb but is it viable @2healing/Heroics? Should I drop AA/A and focus more on ToT or possibly even Holy? So far mana really isn't an issue for me yet and I don't know how many times PWS/PWB saves us but in return if I go holy my HoH would be sexier along with HWS/LW Posted is our WoL of our 3rd week in heroics. Week 3: H Porkchop (Farmable) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oq296yb6ny7w7lgu/sum/healingDone/?s=840&e=1150 H Yor'Sahj Best Attempt (13%) http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oq296yb6ny7w7lgu/sum/healingDone/?s=7725&e=8331 Cookie Question: For H Ultra If I do stay AA/A Would this be the most viable spec? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGs0RsbcorochZhKisko16 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Mop and Shadow Priests Did we get forgotten again for mop... We have never rely got a good spot light with new skills or power in any major update in wow, we have always been left out on new types of skills they make for other classes. I'm sorry but life grip is kool but it dose not make the shadow priests feel like that they are a Dark and powerful priest... I would like to see more done with there Shadowfiend maybe make it so it scales with int and crit/haste maybe make Mastery do +dps with the Shadowfiend or some thing. Add a thing so we can maybe get 2 out instead of just 1, I'm not asking for a new pet but maybe just spice up how we play the class because we are falling behind the rest of the classes in koolness. Would be sweet if they made Divine Hymn instead of heal, but with shadow form it dose damage to all enemies around the priest, dose not have to be OP but maybe just make skills more fitting for a shadow priest plz :p all I'm asking. If I could get anything rely out of all of those idea I would like the scaling though its about time they scaled the pet for us instead of it becoming just a mana thing in wow when we have lots of int, because its dps dose get rely low after 2+ patch's.Spirthealer3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 DOT questions for shadow I played a lock back in early wotlk and have since made him a bank alt. My question is....is it still considered bad to clip dots? Or should I let them fall off completely and refresh them? This is obviously a mute point w/ sw:p. Thanks!Abuhealsjoo6 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Shadowform = Bacon I came to a conclusion last night... Shadowform = bacon. How so? Much like bacon, Shadowform makes everything better. Therefore I motion to start a new movement of the Baconpriest. We will shift into Baconform and clog the arteries of our enemies resulting in heart attacks and quadruple bypass surgeries. Whilst doing so, we will bolster our allies with hearty drippings of bacon grease. We will sing songs celebrating the glory of bacon to invigorate and energize our allies! Join with me my brothers and sisters of the priesthood, for the day draws nigh when the whole of Azeroth will recognize the deliciousness of the Baconpriest!Golgoroth18 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 IDP Haste? Can someone please explain to me Improved Devouring Plague haste and why 3202 haste is so important? I was not aware that IDP can "tick" (because it is an instant hit). Also, I was told go for VT+2 at 2585 haste and then straight to 3202 haste. Does this mean I should ignore Devouring Plague+3 at 2737?Jessaurus5 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Shadow priest 4 piece PVE in PVP It is so !@#$ing broken. Spell warding (4%) + 3k resi (33%) + shadowform (15%) + inner fire (40%) = still more damage reduct then most classes 1. Roll with a frost mage 2. Start out of shadowform 3. they will pile the mage who will throw down a ring of frost, deep freeze, poly, etc 4. flay till 5 stacks 5. three mindspikes (NO BLAST) 6. Pop shadowfiend, evangelism/trinket, then hit your blast 7. Instant 50-60k damage 8. Mindspike 3 times, 30-40k each hit 9. Another 50-60k mindblast 10. Win It's ridiculous.. I don't think I've had this much fun in wow for a very long time Lily4 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 which caster has the best single target dps? For rbgs i was thinking shadow priests but im not sure. What do you guys think? i know priests suck 1v1 and arent so good in 2's, but for 3's ,5's and rbgs, how would you rate your class? (shadow)Firewerks2 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 Compilation of Priest Ideas for MoP Okay, I think we've all seen the recent Talent Calc update, and how Priests have gotten very little love. We've also seen Blizz's vague indication that things are still under development. Personally, I find it hard to trust that things will end up how I hope. [Wall of Text] First let me say I'm coming from a 95% Shadowpriest experience position, playing one on and off since release. I respect my healing relatives but it's just how my brain works, I empty the health bars, not fill them. I'm not sure what attracted me to the Shadowpriest when there are plenty of other specs that do it better. Maybe I like the ability to heal if I feel like it. And let's be honest, shadowform is just awesome. But anyway... I make a great effort not to be some perspectiveless goon, I really do. I try to understand what's going on behind the scenes at Blizz. I freely admit my perspective is highly subjective and guided in part by my emotions. However, I have to also qualify these concessions by believing my feelings are valid. And what I feel is neglected. For three expansions, I feel like I've watched other classes get amazing, borderline (or unambiguously) overpowered, sometimes profoundly gamechanging new abilities, or cool changes to existing abilities. My spec, however, and in many ways my class in general, has remained mostly the same. We're still weak against the same classes, strong against the same classes. Some classes have become stronger against us; we haven't really become stronger against other classes. I just feel like Shadow hasn't evolved while other classes have. I feel like the kid at Christmas who gets socks and a job application, while others are getting Xboxes and cheerleader girlfriends. I won't accuse Blizzard of anything, they make great games and I'm a lifelong fan of their work. However, I feel like they care about other classes and other specs more than they care about Shadow. I even feel comfortable enough in my perspective to express it despite how bad it looks. It's almost as if no one of any significance in the Blizzard hierarchy actively plays a shadowpriest as a main, and as a result the developer team just doesn't have as much motivation, interest, or insight in the spec to develop the same quality or quantity of amazing ideas for it as they do for other classes. Paladins in particular have been evolving greatly over the years, and even though there are some paladins who feel lost and discouraged that they have to constantly relearn their class, at least they often have cool new toys to play with. I'd take excitement over newness over stagnant familiarity anyday. And don't tell me that if newness is what I'm looking for I should roll another class. That promotes poor development philosophy and is unconstructive and dismissive, an easy way out. Ideally Blizzard would be equally excited and inspired by every spec. So now that the rant is out of my system, let me get to the meat of my post. [/Wall of Text] Basically, if it's true that inspiration is what Blizzard lacks when it comes to Shadow, then I'm here to offer some of mine. I have some pretty cool ideas for the class and the spec that I'd like to post up for the hungry eyes of those lapping them up. I'd also like to invite others to post their own ideas if they have them. I know Blizzard reads their forums, so if they need some help thinking up new stuff to do with the Priest class, maybe they can find something here. Please keep in mind I'm going to be very liberal with these ideas. I will include the ideas that may be hilariously OP as presented. Please try not to dismiss imbalanced abilities based on their imbalance; examine the underlying concepts while evaluating their usefulness. Also note I'm not lobbying for ALL these things, just listing some possible concepts to play with. I just want a great volume of ideas hoping to inspire someone, anyone. If a Blizz developer reads this list and thereafter releases one or more sweet new abilities, none of which are anything like what I posted, I'll feel that this wasn't a waste of time. Okay, here we go.Annesh4 Feb 22, 2012