Priest

Feb 13, 2012 simcraft help so i ran 50000 iteration helter skelter with all raid buffs i get (no di) plus fm and heroism and i got 22.5k surely in my gear i should be doing more. this is a link to our ultrax kill lasdt night., we have been holding off doing heroic because we are no where near the 240k needed atm. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sij6kagqv3qmd5x6/details/1/?s=1312&e=1605 seems i have high uptime on my dots whcih is expected in a stationary fight but i feell i should be over 35k not hitting 27k.Surgeonn2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Spirit for Disc priest? How important is spirit for Disc priests? As I level up should I be taking gear with Int - spirit, Int over spirit every time I assume. And what about Crit? Important or no?Lunamyst6 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Pve Shadow! Is 2450 haste and 1700 mastery good or just reforge everything to haste?Sásuke6 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Holy priest looking for critique So, I decided I was getting kind of bored as Shadow and wanted to give healing a try. At this point I'm pretty comfortable healing HoTs and LFR, but I'd like to start raiding normal modes and am not sure if I'm doing everything correctly so far. There are some issues that I'm aware of and working on (e.g. enchanting isn't maxed, some of my enchants aren't BiS), but other than those two things, is there anything I could be doing differently with my gemming or spec?Relianna2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Localized aoe for Spriest Spriest need an instant localized AOE... you know, like a Warlock's fel flame, a Mage's cone of cold, frost nova, dragons breath, or arcane explosion, a Shamans thunderstorm (or magma totem?), and a Druid's tyhpoon or starfall. What about like a reverse Typhoon... cone of damage forward that is so powerful it send the caster back a few yards??? Something awesome! I just wanted to throw that out there while they are still tinkering with the next expansion... wink wink. We actually need a lot more things than just a instant localized AOE, but I don't want to be too pushy, and localized AOEs are usable in any situation and extremely fun! :) Please give us something this expansion... WOTLK and Cata were pretty poopy for us!Voodookie12 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Priests can cast judgement? Not the paladin spell Judgement, but with our spell Leap of Faith. It almost seems that if we deem a player annoying or rude (or terrible :p), we can use Leap of Faith as...well, a death sentence. What do you guys think? Are we Blizzard's surrogate judges on whether or not a player lives or dies?Wtfispve2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Shadow Priest PvP So I've been trying every side of this game lately just to mix it up. Just with my priest. I was DPS so I tried heals for a while and now I'm looking towards PvP. Specifically the damage, shadow aspect. So I was wondering, can anyone lead me to some good specs? (I've been looking all night and can't seem to find any xP) and also any advice to how to pvp as a shadow priest?Dubbins26 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Shadowy Apparitions Effect So, since we've changed our Levitate animation (ie...gotten rid of it) and it now looks 800% more eerie, can we change our Shadowy Apparitions so they have the same effect?Furfox5 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Prayer of Healing and Haste Is it possible for Prayer of Healing to be faster than 2.1 seconds? I've stacked a lot of haste and the cast time never goes down. Is this a breaking point? (I am at 25% haste raid buffed)Barbie7 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Rapture addon please? So I've always used Ingela's Rapture addon in the past, but ever since the latest patch came out, it hasn't worked for me. Says ingame that it's out of date but the client says it's up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times, but it's obviously not working- are there any other addons for rapture I could use? Not being able to time shields for raptures and thus max myself kind of ruins disc for me. Thanks!Evangëlist5 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 sacrifice for tier 13 set bonus Hello. First time poster and somewhat confused spriest so please be gentle >< I acquired the t13 helm last night in LFR, but, unfortunately, I had purchased the VP helm some time ago. Since the helm will be the fourth piece of tier that I have, would it be wise to sacrifice the 397 helm for a 384 LFR t13 helm for the four set bonus? Luhx8 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 when does smite heal and wat specExtatix1 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Vuhdo help Hey fellow priest-lies! I use Vuhdo for healing, and I have everything figured out, and needed help on another matter. Under spells, it also lets me put offensive abilities. How exactly am I able to use that part? Any help would be appreciated! :D Liráth1 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 dispell macro for predatory swiftness i been recently playing shadow lately and been wondering if there's a way 2 make a dispell macro that would focus dispelling main things like predatory swiftness. i sometimes get it off but when im not targerting the feral he would get it off i mean i could try tabbing faster but im hoping if there's another method besides tabbing to the target and spamming dispell to prevent their instant cc. or maybe some idea that would relate to this would be great.Mika2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Need Spriest help. Hey everyone. Recently I've been noticing that my DPS is WAY too low for heroic raiding. I am unsure about the reason as to why this is. Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v0ixjejx57i3vkaa/details/3/ - I have NO idea whats been going on recently. My dps dropped big time. Link to armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Disperse/simple I'm in desperate need of help. Please help and post your armory link, DPS on fights, rotation, and things that I need to do to improve. ANYTHING will be great - macros, add-ons, specs, etc. P.S - I know i currently do not have a second profession. Haven't had much time lately to level it.Disperse26 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Do Disc Priests just spam Flash Heal in PvP? I'm trying to decide between RSham or Disc Priest for Arenas, so I was watching a disc priest arena video and it seems like they only use flash heal, if this is not the case, what heals do they normally use? Thanks in advance!Varthalten12 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Spriest 397 ilvl LF heroic or achievement fl embers cannot already be reservedTylennol0 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Spirit for disc pvp? I'm getting into pvp with my disc priest and can't find a solid guide. Should I worry about Spirit at all? Would I want to choose a Mastery / Resil neck over a Spirit / Resil neck when choosing my pvp items? My thought process is spirit seems more a pve stat, making sure u have mana over long fights. Arenas are generally fast pace fights so is having the abiilty to regenerate a lot of mana important? Most that I do the healers never fall below 50% anyways. Any help at all would be appreciated.Zombasham1 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 I don't understand when to use Inner Will So what situations do I use this ability?Vanishbrb6 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Disc in 5.0 - Prayer of Healing I'm not sure if there's been a thread made on this already, but I've been looking over the new MoP talent tree for priests again and just noticed that Prayer of Healing will be an exclusively Holy spell. Is anyone else a bit concerned about this? In our current state PoH is our most efficient raid heal in a raid dungeon where the majority of fights involve stacking up and healing intense amounts of raid damage. I'm not saying its an ideal or even fun style of healing, I personally hate it (I'd rather be bubble spamming a la Wrath), but I can't see anything we're being given in 5.0 that will replace it. Spirit Shell looks interesting but its on a 3 second cast and single target so that isn't very helpful for raid healing. The only thing I can think of is Holy Nova which looks like it got a slight buff from the tooltip. But as long as its an instant cast I don't know if we want to use it liberally as a raid heal for fear of burning our mana. Also, am I blind or is Atonement missing as well? I know its still early to be reading a lot into tentative talent trees, but I'm still a bit worried about losing a spell that I've come to use (and abuse) for this entire xpac. Maybe I'm just afraid of change, who knows. /endrantSongbreeze3 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Haste for priests? I was wanting to make a haste build for my priest. However, today, i was told by another priest in my guild, in a not too polite way, that haste was bad for priests, that mastery builds were better in every way. I was under the impression that haste builds were acceptable raiding builds. Am i wrong?Youhasheals14 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Disc Priest Leveling Spec Did my research and now will be going Disc to level up a new priest alt. He is fully decked in heirlooms and healing has been a breeze so far. I'm just looking for someone to post a leveling spec as I am not too sure which talents to go into and which to avoid. I will be doing mostly instance healing with the occasional solo quest. Thanks in advance.Resolution1 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Building a Compendium of Priest Suggestions I think we can all admit that Priests have been in an inane state of flux for years now. I think the only spec that has been getting consistently improved and built upon (from a gameplay perspective) is Discipline. By no means is this a complaint thread though. After a late night conversation with some fellow priests in my guild, I thought it could be useful to have a one stop shop for community suggestions of how we can improve upon the Priest class (think of it as... a book of inspiration for the Priest developer). With that said, keep everything civil, realistic, and respectful. To start, I just have a few basic suggestions from a healing point of view. 1) Convert Spirit of Redemption into a throughput/regen cooldown. Basically, just put it on a clickable cooldown, keep everything else the same. 2) Re-work Hymn of Hope. Either a halved cooldown or maybe a holy self-effect to super-charge spirit or something along that vein. 3) Have Renew flatly benefit from your Holy Mastery rating 4) Add an AoE heal (Prayer of Healing) to the qualifiers for Surge of Light I think that's all I'll impose on the community for now. What I'd like to see from here on out is helpful suggestions to improve the class, discussion of potential ideas, and maybe some positive/negative ratings to keep the right posts active. Thanks for your time! =]Ayzera5 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Lifegrip: A Guide for Non-Priests I have seen a surge of posts as of late, calling for a "nerf" of sorts to Leap of Faith. People are complaining about the spell being abused by people to kill or inconvenience them in some way. To that, I say: These are not instances of a spell griefing you. This spell is fine the way it is, and is incredibly useful when utilized in a positive manner. Nerfing the spell might solve your problems, but it would also take away a very interesting and fun spell from us. Your problem isn't with the spell, it's with the people using it poorly. As with any kind of harassment like this, the answer is to use the tools Blizzard has provided to you, not to call for a nerf to a perfectly fine spell. If someone is repeatedly killing you, or interrupting your normal play with this spell, it's your responsibility to 1) ask them to stop (politely! You'd be surprised how far a kind a respectful tone will get you!), 2) /ignore the person if on another server to ensure never seeing them in a random group again, 3) report the incident to Blizzard, making sure to emphasize that it was done repeatedly and your request for them to stop was ignored (or met with hostility if that was the case). Unfortunately, with fun spells like this, there will be abuses of it, but it is the Priest using the ability to harass you who is at fault, not the spell itself. Please keep this in mind and utilize the tools available to you if you find yourself in a situation where a spell such as this is used against you.Ashspike9 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Alright. I am having trouble and i need help. It seems to come to the attention of my guild master and myself. that i pulled about 8k DPS on Warmaster today. And i need to know what the heck is wrong with my spec/rotation/reforge/ etc.. My current rotation is the following Shadowfiend at the start/VT/SWP/DP/MF until 3 orbs MB refresh DoT's and AA whenever it is up. Please help!Toggert7 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Explanation of secondary stats for Disc? I'm looking for an explanation of secondary stats Disc Priests on progression are currently using. I am looking to push my throughput since I am almost never struggling with mana in a fight. The majority of my gear is reforged out of Spirit (down to 2k, before HoL kicks in) and I need a little help understanding what combination of second stats people are looking to stack. These are the ones I am seeing most often. Mastery + Spirit = Longevity + larger PWS/DA Crit + Haste = This one baffles me, is the idea to get off more casts hoping for more crits to proc DA? As a healer, I've always favored consistency, and crit just seems unreliable. I'm hoping someone out there can clarify this one for me. Mastery + Haste = This is the one I'm currently using. As a 25M raid healer and the way DS is currently structured, the majority of my heals are through PoH with PWS weaving for Rapture and Borrowed Time. I know I'm a terrible priest for not understanding these better, but I'm really hoping someone can clear all this up for me!Roxanol13 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 So what is your current shadow rotation? Just curious what people are using out there. The current tier set bonuses make shadow play much different from the previous tier, depending on what gear you are using. I know some people are still 2/5 H from the previous tier, but I found my dps better in 4/5 from the current tier. The big mystery is the 4-set bonus and how to use it. It is obviously completely useless if you are doing the standard dots + flay + MB approach so my current rotation is as follows: Flay x 2 (to fully stack Evangelism) then pop Evan, Shadowfiend, spam mind spike and us MB on the CD until shadow fiend is done, then got to previous tier rotation until fiend is off the CD and rinse and repeat. This gives great burst from the start of the fight (or can be saved for a burn phase), but can make the timing of CDs and dot application much more complex. I was curious what other people are using? = )Martya4 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Cast Sequence macro for Holy Fire/Smite? Looking to make a macro that will cast holy fire if it's off cooldown if not cast smite. #showtooltip /castsequence reset=target/combat Holy Fire, Smite works, but after i cast the smite after using holy fire it goes back to holy fire while it's still on cd. just looking to adjust that macro is possible to make it stay smite unless holy fire has come off of CD. is this even possible? any help would be appreciated.Achilies9 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 new to healing i am trying to learn how to play this disc priest. you tube vids are out dated. can anyone please suggest a good healing rotation in early dungeons. right now i use shield on tank and try to heal others, but some times i fail. just trying to improve. any helpful comments will be aprreciated. thanks.Alters7 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Power Word: Divine Aegis Just a Number Unless you're really really old. Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. PW: Vent info is as follows: 68.232.167.2024492 teamlights 5. PW: IRC info is as follows: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests 6. Why aren't you in PW: IRC? If you start the newest PW:D thread, I ask that you copy them into the first post of every Power Word thread. Discussion: Cross-realm raiding- solid plans should be made.Tweakx500 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 outhealed by shamans and druids and paladins I have an 85 holy priest, and an 85 resto shaman, who is newly resto and who just stared LFR, and so far, heals better then my priest. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but its kind of depressing. During raids, my priest comes out fifth in heals. Today in my raid on my shaman, the top heals was a priest, so it must just be me. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong, or if its my gear. I chakra for aoe heals, I PoM on the tank, I renew on the dps, CoH and PoH, and put up lightwell...I pull about 10k heals. Any input would be appreciated =)Nelvariss17 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 prof for a pvp disc priest? also, is disc just as good as shadow for leveling?Obamacare2 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Shadow & pvp Just started up this priest again and thought I'd share my experience as a shadow priest with you guys. I'll be doing mostly bg's and arenas every now and then. If your bored or just curious about shadow priests please check out my stream. twitch.tv/starheroz This is a HD 1080p stream so keep in mind that you will need a decent connection to view the stream with out any stutters. Of course I will do Q&A's in stream chat , ingame or replying to this thread. Snguyen10 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Thank you! I'm not going to go into a long winded story about who I am, or how many years I've been playing WoW (more on than off). I've been "retired" from the game for a long while. But, one day, I got a curious notion. I'd never tried a priest. I was dreading my return. I played a resto druid from the start of BC until a couple weeks into the Cataclysm. I wasn't having fun. I hated the game. I figured it was just my time to let it all go. I certainly wasn't looking forward to the sometimes toxic attitudes of players that healers and tanks are often at the receiving end of. But I have to say, thank you to the entire priest community! You're all wonderful, and I have never enjoyed the game so much. And I have a passion for healing that I never thought would return. Thank you for being so full of awesome :)Sallos10 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 397 VoT and 397 LoRR versus.....? What do you folks thing of Normal modes, using Vagaries of Time and Ledger of Revolting Rituals versus the venerable Dragonfire Orb and Maw of the Dragonlord? Im a discipline priest, non-AA priest (yea, cant do the attonement thing, since there is just WAY too much going on for me to even try to tend those stacks too!)........Basically wondering if the increased spellpower of the VoT is better than the Cleansing FLame effect of the Maw......when using the Maw, Cleansing flame gives me about 5-7% of my total healing, if that helps.... Tanks in advance!Heallikehell11 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Played since release. Hey everyone been playing since release and have been playing priests since the end of wrath (I have 3) before that I mained a mage for about 6 years. I'm basically making a post just to say how much I love my priest. The versatility (I mainly pvp) in healing options. The speed of the class and the option to switch into a very strong assist DPS mode while in a healer spec. Tell me why YOU love your priest.Staygoodqt9 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Hit % What should my hit % be for PVP? 4% ?Råzser1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Shadow Priest 4 Piece The set bonuses on shadow, particularly the 4 set bonuses, are amazing and I just wanted to commend Blizzard on their thoughtful and intuitive design of this tier's bonuses. Shadow Priests are more versatile than ever and can finally complete on single target fights where in the past we have suffered immensely. For those unaware of our current 4 piece bonus, it essentially provides a burst phase for our DPS in which we can pop Shadowfiend and Archangel together and begin a Mind Spike/Mind Blast phase resulting in increased damage over the course of our Fiend's uptime. Shadow Priests must now choose between eliminating our dots for burst or just keeping them up, and I personally love this mechanic and have enjoyed making these careful decisions in Dragon Soul. In my opinion, this style of gameplay should be continued in MoP (perhaps included in the talent trees). What are other Spriests opinions on these bonuses? I would love to hear your take on it! -JetJet3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Pvp Disc priest secondary stat to stack Int is best stat to chant and gem for. What about reforging? Spirit? Mastery?Kdub1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Death Grip + Leap of Faith I can't say I've seen anyone do this, but it sounds like a lot of fun. During the Blackhorn encounter, why not have a DK jump off, Death Grip one of the adds off with him, then have a Priest Life Grip him back? It'd take some coordination, but I think it'd be an epic, fast way to kill an add. Anyone give this a try?Wynoena7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Need Help: Shadow Currently, I'm only able to pull about 15-16k max DPS. I'm certain that I my rotation is right, and I just need suggestions. Also, before people insult me, I need to mention: I am not gemmed yet. (does it affect DPS at all?) I have no macros. (any suggestions here?) I don't know which addons will help me most. (once again, suggestions possibly?) Correct me on my stats, please and thank you. (mastery vs. haste) I don't mind getting constructive criticism at all, but please don't flat out insult me. Yes, I'm new to endgame content, but I'm only looking to become a better and more skilled shadow priest. Thanks people! Coolkat4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Reforge to dodge? Recently been changing gear out, and noticed I haven't been keeping up with reforging. Noticed my hit was down, so I went to go reforge a few things to hit the 4% cap on hit... The only thing I am being offered is reforging to dodge? Is this a joke, or am I doing something wrong? I haven't used reforging in a while.. pretty confused as to why I can't get any hit reforging in. Edit: and wondering why I'm even being offered dodge in the first place.Bwessings7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Are shadow priests worth while? I use to play back before BC came out and I ended up quitting because of college. I've started playing again and decided to start a new shadow priest on a pvp server. I remember shadow priests being a beast in pvp and they dont seem to be as good. Am i just being a born again nub and should level up more or are one of the other specs better? Note: I pve more than i pvp but still want to be able to hold my own.Boniferous9 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Shadow Priest - need help I am hoping someone can help me with my rotation or gear. I know I should be doing more dps but cant work out what I am doing wrong. H Ultrax log > http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r0hj49c4c6m3sqxj/ Armoury > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Katartonic/simple Any help would be appreciatedKatartonic4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 shadow priest or mage??? what's better for dps shadow priest or mage? i hear conflicting stories, but i ehar shadow priests are better in pvp especially against melee classes and have lots of utility and can top dps charts... all this still hold true?Hoagiemania5 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Disc and binding shadow spells Hey there. I'm reaching lvl 70 with my priest (disc), and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it to keep mind blast and the other shadow spells bound for damage, or if holy fire and smite spam should do it. Do you PvPers keep it bound forever as well? Thanks!Krolmor3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Help w/ Vuhdo mouseover/notarget nonmouseover I'm trying to get a macro that lets me cast Prayer of Healing on myself/my party when I'm not mousing over Vuhdo frames and when I am mousing over Vuhdo frames I want Prayer of Healing to cast on whichever group I am moused over. I'm guessing the macro should look something like this: #Showtooltip Prayer of Healing /cast [@player] Prayer of Healing /cast [@vuhdo] Prayer of HealingDäphne6 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 holy help hey there i was wondering if someone could take a look at my gear and let me know if i should change something. just seems that i could maybe do better than what i am just to see. also plz ignore the chest enchant i just relized that i was missing it lol.Jasspia3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Holy pally's asking for more. LOL? Just was running through the paladin forums. Noticed 2 guys posting about how holy pally sucks and needs a buff cause they suck in pvp and pve. I just thought i would share that with the group because i found it to be pretty funny.Chayot14 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Help with Spriest offspec So, i'm starting a spriest offspec. I'm doing 20k on ultraxion, and i think its a bit low. I have a mix of heal and dps gear right now (my heal set is ok). My questions: 1 - How to manage mana with no spirit? Archangel + SF? 2 - My rotation is: Shadow Word: Pain Mind Flay x2 Archangel Mind Blast Vampirich Touch Devouring Plague Then... Mind Blast when is avaliable. Vamp Touch e DP when its running out. Mind Flay when MB is on cd and no dots needed. Am i doing it right? No other skill are needed? 3 - I'm using reforge, gem and enchant to haste as well. Is this correct? My poor dps is because of my healing gear? Ps: I know the lack of gems, will fix it today. TyMedíc1 Feb 10, 2012