Priest

Jan 10, 2012 Want to get back into pve as disc How should I go about that? Can I just heal heroics in my pvp gear until I get a nice shiny set of pve gear or should I buy all of the justice gear and use that? I know I can heal like sfk, deadmines, etc in this gear, but I haven't tried the za's and up since my experience a few months ago was horrible. Someone please enlighten me~Bwessings9 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Disc Smite Healing for PvP I'm thinking of starting a Disco Priest for PvP, is smite healing viable for RBGs and BGs? I don't do Arenas. Thanks!Fírestörm8 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 talent question for those that PVP holy. how is surge of light compared to tome of light. The proc is nice but the cooldown reductions of tome of light seem more of a consistent benefit.Eulogy2 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Transmog Is this set to "Shadow"? Should I go back to my old white and gunmetal angel look?Winnifred7 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Disc Priest Tier Set After looking at the tier set and testing it at 4 set, I was wondering, will there be a change to the 2 and 4 set for disc? If you don't know why I'll explain as quick as possible as to why both the 2 and the 4 set are nearly useless for disc. The gear comes with spirit, our least favourite stat once you hit roughly 350 ilevel. With that in mind, the 2 and 4 set should compensate for this with more burst healing and maybe reduced mana cost. The 2 and 4 set have good intentions yet will not play out to be as good as they at first seem. The bonus disc gets from 2 set is nullified if you cast Pi on yourself and only lasts for about 1 cast, possibly 2 for flash heal, after casting Divine Hymn. On most fights, progression or otherwise, burst healing is almost always needed. It's a bad idea to put PI on cooldown and give it to a dps when you might need it to help with healing before it comes off cooldown. There is the argument that as your gear increases the need for PI becomes less and less important but that also includes the mana cost reduction from our 2 set. So even if we aren't being greedy with PI the mana reduction, when we are no longer greedy, from the 2 set becomes devauled. Now our 4 set. Our 4 set again appears to be nearly useless as it has been for almost every tier. If you focus on power word shield only for rapture and, assuming you can get the maximum 5 raptures per minute, is only a roughly 450 mp5 increase and a 200-500 hps increase depending on your mastery. When focusing on rapture, you would do more hps if you exchanged your tier gear that has spirit, for gear without spirit. Assuming you aren't focusing on rapture, your hps increase would be greater but your mp5 increase would go down. Why? Because only 1 in 10 shields grants double absorb and double mana back, if rapture is on cooldown when it procs you only get the increased HPS but forfeit the increased MP5. So here is what I propose to make the tier viable for disc priests: for our 2 set, make the mana reduction occur AFTER pi ends. It could last 5 seconds and be better than the current setup of our 2 set. Now for 4 set, my main concern with the 4set is the potential to miss a double rapture because rapture is on cooldown. Either increase the proc chance, which would be a poor idea because it could bring back shield spam priests or create a seperate rapture for this double mana rapture. To expand on the seperate rapture, I mean that the current rapture should do exactly what it does now. However, when the double rapture procs, a second rapture cd occurs that overrides the one you had prior. In this seperate rapture cd, you are unable to get rapture back from either shield. With the patch on the PTR, now is the perfect time to change the tier. I'd hate to see yet another tier that disc chooses to opt out of because it isn't that good, although t12 was great. Unlike in previous tiers, however, we are almost completely unable to avoid the tier and must take many pieces, including the helm and the legs. TL;DR Disc priest tier needs to be reworked.Kalarae63 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Gear Help! Just want some opinion on my gear in relation to healing. I tend to dual holy/disc (despite currently having shadow) so I'd love your opinions in relation to that ;) Avanea1 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Can shadow and disc share gear? Hi, If I want to play my priest as disc and shadow (PVE) can I share gear, or are the gems totally different?Bitsy5 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Surge of light--yea or nay? Just wondering if SoL is eminently skippable, or worth taking? 6% chance seems awfully low.Cowlevel40 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Gladiator's Satin Hood and Draenai horns? Hey odd question, does Merciless Gladiator's Satin Hood allow Draenai horns to show through? On wowhead viewer they are covered, but that would be unusual so was just wondering if this really was the case. Cheers!Bluefin3 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Thinking about shadow.. I mostly pvp with some dungeons for gear. I'm leaning toward shadow priest for my next toon.. But wanted to see from you shadow's out there. How is it in pvp for the most part?Prell1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Is unholyplay with rdruid still viable? Subject says it all. I've just now decided to register to arena junkies, and while I'm waiting to get access, I just wanted to try to get an early answer, though I'm not expecting much from the public wow forums. Please, I only want responses from serious pvpers that actually know what they're talking about. Thanks in advance!Haugs0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Your opinion, for looks: Gnome Worgen Human (or Worgen in human) Which looks better in priesty gear?Bitsy15 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 SPriest help...please Plain and simple, my DPS is terrible, I dont know what im doing wrong, Im following rotation properly..or according to what other ppl are saying is correct, I dont I dont have 100% of the enchants right, but im lacking in funds department. Could someone just maybe give me some general advice that may help...In randoms im only pulling like 12 - 14k. =S Its embarrassing when I try to join a riad and I see number like that. Any advice would be appreciated. Or if there is something else you need to know, please ask. Shwaig1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Maw, Ti'tahk, Rathrak Just how powerful are these for their respective specs? For Holy and Disc, how much of an increase can they expect to see while wielding either Ti'tahk or Maw of the Dragonlord? And how big of a DPS increase can a shadow priest see on average when with Ti'tahk or Rathrak?Zepphire9 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 A bit of help would be nice Recently i have started looking at my dps and I've started to feel that i am not doing as much damage as I should be. These are the logs from my last raid, specifically the ultraxion fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-roppk4adowlwrfxc/sum/damageDone/?s=11515&e=11784 My dps isnt bad, and on fights like Madness i just go to town and run away with the meters, topping damage done by 4% or more sometimes. But on single target fights like Ultraxion i feel that I am not performing as well as i could be. I ran sims on my character with 10000 iterations and the avg dps was 35k. I want to know where i can improve to get closer to that number EDIT: fixed the linkShuryn2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Question about Shadow Fang Keep healing There is this boss in Shadow Fang Keep (the first one I believe) who will cast some kind of spell, suspend all players in the air and drain their health all the way down. What do you do as a Holy Priest healer? Flash Heal all party members? This is typically what I do but I'm wondering how do the others counter this move by the boss. Thanks.Cyberina3 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Shadow Priest mana management I'm new to the priest class and I noticed that shadow priests run out of mana fairly quickly. I PvP quite a bit on this toon and while i see high numbers in terms of DPS and KB's(in the BG's) I generally go oom after just 2 back to back bouts. I do use mana potions to make up for the loss of mana but after another round of fighting i am essentially a sitting duck since i'll be waiting for the CD on the mana potion. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips(besides L2P) in helping me manage my mana pool effectively.Cathayme1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Can i use my gear for both Disc/Holy? An what should i respec into haste or mastery for both?Sásuke6 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 This is a thread for the Mastery/Spirit peeps http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3qgl2tctb6vd98gw/sum/healingDone/?s=629&e=1199#Onoudientt Shout out to Subrosian, Radial, Intrigue, and anyone else I forgot. So, I posted on the forums a couple of days ago about an abysmal crit/haste build that I tried when healing Heroic Yorsajj. I tried it because some person linked to top priests progressing on 6/8 heroic fights using heavy haste/crit. Well, let me tell you, I felt like a rock sinking the ship of our raid. I switched back to my preferred Mastery/Spirit build and we breezed through it. Each pull felt great. We worked out a few kinks and killed the boss in no time. The problem I found was that I was global capped with a very short window to do a lot of healing both to single targets and to the raid. PW:S becomes a very valuable tool in this scenario. Anyway, we've discussed the crap out of why Mastery/Spirit is favorable, so I won't delve too much deeper into it. So, as we continue to battle the haste/crit/preferred playstyle masses on these forums, I just want to salute you all. You're fighting the good fight. Keep on keepin' on. Again, thanks.Onoudientt20 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 What am I doing wrong!? I've only got a 100k mana pool. I'm constantly going OOM and my heals are just lacking. Are my enchants or gems off? Maybe my reforging? Please give me some advice. What should my spirit, intell, mastery, and haste look like? (Like what numbers should they be?)Yaè7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 best enchant for staff Hello all, I´m kinda new to the game and I´ve managed to get some BoA to pvp a few casters ( warlock, preist and mage ). Thing is I enchanted my staff with +30 spell power and later I found out that there is an enchantment that gives +22 intellect. I had to buy the 30sp enchant and it was not cheap for me, so I would like to ask for help to know if it worths the change from +30 spellpower that costed me 650g for +22 intellect. I still couldn´t find out wich one is better seems to be a controversial topic. For me sounds like intellect is better and I would have to change, but a lot of people told me that +30 spellpower is better. Can someone help me on this? Thanks in advance. Narlex1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Please give us this in MoP, to help fix PvP I normally hate ability suggestion threads, but this ability is already in the game and it would be a big step to fixing Shadow PvP. The Hungering Shadows ability the mobs in Hour of Twilight have. Modify it slightly and give it to Shadow Priests. Make it channel Mind Flay on all enemies within 20 yards. The channel continues while moving. If the channel completes without being interrupted, everyone it was channeled on is stunned for 2 seconds. Give it a cooldown. This would fix our issue with having terrible self-peels. This would fix our issue with melee mindlessly training and trying to interrupt every spell we cast. This would give us a decent escape mechanism. At the very least, it would reward us for juking interrupts. EDIT: Also take Fade off the GCD. I have no idea why it's on it at all. Similar abilities aren't.Yen3 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 what phantasm should do Your Fade ability now has a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects and make you immune to them for 3 seconds. Mindflay is now castable while moving for the duration of fade. making psychic scream a horror for spriests would make sense too.Yobropoundit2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 31k dps on ultraxion I did 31k dps on ultraxion last night and just joined a pretty decent guild who has another shadow priest with legendary doing 39k hes got about 6 ilvls on me so with my gear level what should i be doing?I had no dark intent not sure if he had it just regular raid buffsTylennol7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 What should I look for in a holy priest parse http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kzwo4vornikjso3a/ I need an accurate assessment of Evirissa's abilities. That parse has some decent Ultraxion attempts, and if you're really feeling helpful you're free to look out our other parses. I actually have an 85 priest myself so I know the abilities pretty well. In a 6 minute ultraxion fight, how many times should I see mending, circle of healing, etc. And is renew part of the rotation? Or I suppose you're in the AoE chakra that whole fight.Malksten6 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Power Word: Test of Faith Welcome to the latest PW: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been follow in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic rules: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. PW: Vent info is as follows: 68.232.167.202 4492 teamlights 5. PW: IRC info is as follows: irc.p2p-network.net #wowpriests 6. Aristania. I don't have a sexy link. =P If you start the newest PW:D thread, I ask that you copy them into the first post of every Power Word thread. Discussion: What you do when you actually get tired of healing! If that doesn't suit you, puppies, or kittens?Aristania500 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 How much Haste do I need for Shadow pvp How much haste am i wanting to get for my Shadow priest in pvp, I currently reforge haste but I've seen a few Shadow priest go for a bit more crit now with the new pvp gear, is that the route to go now or should I stick with all haste?Áir18 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 paralysis Why can ppl still move when the talent clearly states unable to move and why can feral druids feral charge while under the effect?Furladin6 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 shadow priest gear i'm confused about some gear choices for shadow priests. why would scintiiating rods be better than Hungermouth wand. it seems that the spirit should be for other than shadow priest at this point. same follows with other high end pieces likeCowl of destiny supposedly being better than the Cowl of Highborne Sorcerors. It goes against what I've been taught to get. thanks for the help!Suzierules4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Holy/Disc, which 4/5 of T13 are you using? Hey all. Title. I was wondering which 4 of the 5 set pieces you all prefer as a healer. Depending on who shows up on raid night, our guild has 4 players on the same Token (myself, a Holy Priest, a Warlock and a Paladin). I usually wait until everyone else has their gear before I start picking up stuff; I nabbed the Chest Token because nobody else needed it and I think everyone else has their Gloves now, so I can get that one next time. But while I wait I figured I may as well find out which pieces work best together; Some slot alternatives I've mulled over... -Morchok drops a Spirit robe that, like our T13 one, has 3 red sockets and a +30 Int bonus. -He also drops shoulders with 2 red sockets, but they have no Spirit. -Crafted legs swap one socket color and the secondary stats. -I picked up the VP helm because I tend to lean towards Mastery (and everybody else wants the Token). -Deathwing drops some gloves with 2 red sockets, but no Spirit. Anyone have suggestions or a preference? On the surface I would guess maybe people are going with Tier and the gloves from Deathwing, but I've also read a few posts saying that healers aren't passing over (or Reforging out of) Spirit this tier like they were before. Thanks in advance.Audience10 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Whats better for pvp and why? Staff vs main/off.Scrollwheel2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Hit for Disc? What would the hit cap be for Disc priests using atonement since we have to be able to hit level 88 bosses?Kogruhn7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Who gets dark intent? I recently joined a 25man with a warlock who puts dark intent on a resto druid while he leaves me and two other shadow priests to be without DI healing never seems to be a problem so who would it be most beneficial on?and be able to have the stacks up more for the lockTylennol14 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Priests are dead. Wow is over, where is D3 this game is just one grind after another! Oh and Every class has more ways to get out of HELL than a priest.Hyperness19 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 How to Increase my HPS? Well I did my first normal DS last week and I wasn't impressed with my numbers. So I've been doing a lot of research the past few days checking over EJ,Mr.Robot and reading over some of these posts. I understand HPS isn't the same as DPS but I'm pulling anywhere between 7-10k HPS and I'm also lacking in total healing done. When we were 2-healing Maddness I boosted up to about 14k but other than that it's horribly low. (We run Discp Priest, Resto Shaman, Holy Priest). I've raided Vanilla->WoTLK and due to RL issues I wasn't able to raid in data fully. (until now) I prefer Discp over holy just because of PS/ToT/IF/PW:B and Rapture is a lot more appealing than GS,Chakra's My main spell priority is: 1.Pennance (every time when its up) 2.PW:S (every rapture possible) / POM 3. Holy Fire/Smite to get Evan@5 Usually use Angel if group is taking a lot of AOE Damage 4. GTR Heal / IF (If tank is 75%-45%) 5. Flash Heal / PI(Tier bonus)/ IF(If up) (Group member 5%-45%) 6. PoH/PoM/PW:B (IF/PI if up) (Group 75% or lower) Any idea's? I was thinking of not listening to MrRobot and stack Haste more than Mastery Thanks, KiskoKisko6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Holy Priest love. I just got done doing Fall of Deathwing with two other HPriests. This pleases me. :3 I am full of happy.Akaeya15 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Priests with two healing specs! Just curious, how do you guys do dailies? does the killing take a while? I am thinking about going Disc/Holy but don't wanna spend hours doing dailies.Zeregrin24 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Disc Priest rotation & gear issues Hi all. Pretty new to healing in dungeons/raids. Am used to playing disc in pvp, shadow in pve. I have recently tried healing in 5 man dungeon runs and I gotta say, I am having trouble keeping up with the groups. If the tank is taking damage..I can keep up with him, it is when the entire group, myself included start taking a ton of damage. If you top of the line priests wouldn't mind critiqueing my gear and maybe give me a heads up on a decent healing rotation, including cds, I would appreciate it. Thanks.Drtouchy3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Disc PvP Spec I am having some trouble finding a decent disc pvp spec. Could anyone help me out with this in any way?Bobaganoosh7 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Inner Will > Inner Fire for Disc? I have been playing my priest for a long time. I was shadow for the first portion of Cata, and have gone back to Disc for my guild. With the new cost to PW:S and the frequency of PoM, is Inner Will better than Inner Fire for Disc? When I get to stand still, I love using Inner Fire with Smite (Atonement heals ftw!!). Too bad timing doesn't allow that too often. If any priests have been making use of Inner Will, I'd love to know how helpful it is.Vyctori68 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Disc tips for Beginner Raiders? Hi there Priest forums! For 99% of this character's life I've been playing Shadow. On a whim, I decided to try out Discipline earlier this week for fun and profit. I have been using the stock Atonement build listed on Elitist Jerks as well as their suggestions in terms of gearing, focusing on stacking Spirit > Haste >= Mastery = Crit. I think my reforges might be off (I'm still in some of my Shadow gear). I did a few dungeons over the course of the week to get used to all of Disc's tools. Things went well; no major issues there. After doing LFR as DPS I decided to queue up as healer for Siege and give it a whirl. I'm a bit disappointed in my performance, coming in around third or fourth on Skada's healing meters with something around 2m health healed per encounter. I think what I found most difficult was trying to heal AoE portions of fights -- Zon'ozz's burn phase or Yor'sahj's red slime phase, for example. Stuff like that doesn't really show up in the current five-mans from my experience. I tried popping Barrier + trinket buffed/Power Infused Prayer of Healing for those phases, but overall I felt weak compared to the Druid and Shaman healers and their cooldowns. Do you experienced Disc players have any tips or tricks for someone like me, who is just starting to raid as a healer? I'd really appreciate your advice! Thanks!Gregoria2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Shadow priest Critique please! Heya I'm in a 10m guild and we're just starting some new heroics after the holidays. The raid lead has told me to gear up a shadow set for when we only need 2 heals, so i've been building my shadow set. I know the rotation well, however I'm having trouble with my gear and haste conversions and whatnot. How am I doing so far? Any immediate gear upgrades I could use? I was going to get the bottle of wishes to replace my rune of zeth and reforge some haste down to 2589 and put the rest in mastery. Is this the right thing to do? Also should I continue to stick with 2 pc t12 and 2 pc t13? Any other critiques would be nice. I logged out in shadow PvP spec, so pay no attention to the spec, just the gear. ThanksSenadar5 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Priest Healing (5-mans) So what is the best spec for healing 5-mans as a priest? I was thinking maybe it would be disc but not entirely sure. My priest is level 80 and plan on to get him to 85. I will be doing a few dungeons on my way up there and want to get started on healing. So as for regular 5mans and heroics, what would be the better choice of spec. I know this all changes once you get to the 10/25man raids.Zartis10 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Haste Stat Confusion so i've come back to the game after a long hiatus and was reading some threads on here. several mention that haste is helpful to stack to 12.5% as it will add an extra tick to renew. on the character screen there are two values shown. right now the character screen for my holy set shows +14.32% haste. however when i hover over that number in parantheses I see ( +11.00 haste ). which of these two percentages is commonly being referred to when people mention haste stats. thanks much for the helpGrindyl2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Double Disc spec.....is my haste too high? Im playing with Attonement versus non Attonement specs, kinda comparing them. I guess so far I prefer the non attonement build, as I find it difficult to manage the evangelism stacks AND heal the raid members appropriately. Of course, in LFR, one can spam smite and survive, but in a regular raid, not so much! Maybe its me, but man, I cant do all that at once HF, smite, blahblah)! So, with attonement, its easy for my simple self to heal. I find I can concentrate better on raid members rather than my prcious evangelism stacks. I'll give you, its harder on mana (to be non-attonement), but, hey, with a bit of management, Im good. My haste is pretty high though, so, I'd like a bit of input as to mine.....I'd really like to get my mastery higher, I understand its a bit low for the non-attonemt build, and the only good way to do that, other than better gear, is to reforge some haste to mastery. I'd rather not mess with the spirit, as any lower, and I foresee some mana issues there. So, is my haste too high? Thanks!Heallikehell6 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Is there a mace that spews fire forward? Asking mostly for transmog purposes. Hehe. I'm trying to find a match for Talisman of Nightbane. I have the mace of DW but the problem with that is it spews fire down? Is there one that does the same thing forward? If not, do any of the others transmoging priests out there have recommendations? :)Moringa2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Glyph of penance idea Hi :D I just thought of what I thought was an interesting new effect for glyph of penance, because we all know it should be shortened to 10 seconds anyway! Glyph of penance - for each tick applied to an ally target, 5% of the heal also becomes a shield for the target (3 ticks = 15%) - for each tick applied to an enemy target, 5% of each tick applies a shield that absorbs healing I feel like this fits in with the "shield" style of disc, as well as it being pretty awesome if I do say so myself, let me know your opinions!Facelíft2 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 How does PoM stack on PW:Shield? Is the tank not being healed by the shield? Why should I place PoM on the tank if the damage is being absorbed by the shield? Seems to me the PoM should be placed on the melee taking the most damage aside from the tank. Am I doing this wrong? It's worked so far.Lovinheals10 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Disc trinkets in DS? I would like to ask for input and advice as to the best trinkets for disc priests. I have not seen much on this, and there are some posters here who know quite a bit as to these things. So what would be your opinions as to the best trinkets for disc priests in DS? Does it matter in your opinion whether the disc priest is mainly raid or tank healing?Shyleana16 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Transmog question What shoes are a good match for the Primal Mooncloth set?Norjak12 Jan 8, 2012