Priest

Nov 13 My mana doesn't like me =( (Holy) My friend talked me into going Holy (I was Shadow...as my Leggies suggest..) and my mana seems to not like me. Any time I have to start using PoH it just drops like a rock (In raids). I mostly try to use PoH, HW:S, Renew in raids with raid wide damage (PoH moreso than the others it seems) I also try to keep T'uure on CD. I'm doing something wrong aren't I =(Ellwindris3 Nov 13
Nov 13 Priest is worst *class* for high Keystones Now that priests are bottom of the barrel for running keys I think blizzard needs to do something for shadow priest ramp up and healing spec survivability. https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-7.3.0/all/world/leaderboards-strict#role=all:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=20:maxMythicLevel=24 Shadowpriests while great in a raid/pvp setting are just garbage for all levels of 5 man content. Holy is good up to about +15. A well coordinated team with disc can go higher. It is frustrating because I love the priest. They are great for raids but bottom of the barrel for dungeons across all roles. Monks are only lower because its a less played but as you can see monk tanks currently hold the crown. If your not a Warrior/Lock/Rogue/Pal/Druid your pretty much not going to be picked anymore. Priests need a boost for 5 man content.. And before you come in and say you do fine shut it because the statistics don't lie. Why bring a priest healer when you can bring a pal/druid who can cheese mechs and have more mobility/instants. And don't say DPS for disc because you end up having to spam mend anyways.. its easier to get out dps as holy sometimes at least they can AOE instant cast. Why bring a shadowpriest when you can bring well...anything else. /endrant[b][/b]Jaewalk6 Nov 13
Nov 13 If Anduin is truly a priest.... Then I want the option to wear plate, damnit. Battle priest.Eather15 Nov 13
Nov 12 Tracking atonement in dungeons: Default UI Hello everyone, just wanted to ask if there's a way to track atonement in 5-man dungeons. Atonement in raids is pretty easy to track because of the raid boxes thingy the replaces the 5-man portrait UI thingy. Is there a way to switch to the box frames thingy while doing dungeons without installing anything? I'm a newb so I don't really know the technical terms but hopefully you understood my question!Hrnyjigaz2 Nov 12
Nov 12 Priest Tier 21 Clipping I love the design of Priest Tier 21 until I realized that the collar is part of the chest piece and not the helm. The collar looks cool, except is has horrendous clipping with almost all long hairstyles. I really want to wear this set but it just doesn't work with the clipping of the collar. Do you think there is any chance at all that Blizz will release a version of the robe without the collar?Wasselin3 Nov 12
Nov 12 Holy Priest 7.3 Tier 21 Complaint Has no one complained about holy priest's tier 21 set bonuses? Well I'm about to. It's absolute garbage. I realise we have a strong tier 20 set, but that doesn't mean we should receive trash that I wouldn't wipe myself with as our tier 21. Off the top of my sleepy head (I just woke up and it's 10am), I can come up with a number of better alternatives; Your flash of light has a chance to heal a random injured ally for 50% of the amount healed. Or; Your prayer of mending has a 10-15% chance to send out a second prayer of mending on any ally. OR; Your holy words have an X amount of chance to infuse A (1) target with prayer of mending/Your holy words have an X amount of chance to increase mastery or another stat by X amount. Now, these might just be ideas and they are obviously not fully optimised/balanced, but you get the idea. We got ripped off. C'mon blizzard, you have REALLY given holy priests the worst of the worst... Of the worst. THE WORST.Greenthings7 Nov 12
Nov 12 Alleria and Voidform I was looking at the picture of Alleria when she goes into Void form and wondered, is that the next step for Shadowform/Voidform for us? Instead of an aura, we gain black skin and white features? Or will Blizzard just pretend that Shadow Priests aren't a thing and not acknowledge us anymore? https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_elf - Alleria in VoidformVidaar2 Nov 12
Nov 12 You know it's coming Anduin snaps and succumbs to shadow form then gets tempted by the Old Gods, is returned to sanity but embraces the shadow and subsequently grows a pair.Valdorian6 Nov 12
Nov 12 Void Eruption Would it really be gamebreaking if it was instant cast? I don't understand the reason for the cast time on this. Having it instant would increase our mobility a little, which we already struggle with. It would also let us use it more in dungeons, or on trash fights, which we also struggle with because everything dies before we deal any actual damage. PvP can't be cited as a reason for a cast time, so what gives? I understand if there's a specific reason for the cast time, although I've never heard of one. Would void origins being a pve talent, or even baseline, be such a bad thing?Scripture1 Nov 12
Nov 12 Disc vs holy challenge Why is the disc priest artifact challenge 80x easier than the holy priest's artifact challenge?Sersia6 Nov 12
Nov 12 Holy in Mythic going forward I enjoy Holy and plan on sticking with it into the coming xpacs, as well as possibly moving into Disc and HPal. At the moment, is Holy viable all that viable in mythic raiding? I'm nearly at the level where this content will be available to me, so it would be nice to know beforehand. Do raid teams actively search for Holy priests or should I go with something more "in meta" like resto druid? Thanks, FijiFjorlinskarm2 Nov 12
Nov 12 Art Panel - Shadowform Didn't watch the panel, but saw this on MMO-C. Just realize that MMO-C does not copy things verbatim. ... So uh... how do we make it known that this is something the community wants if none of the threads or tweets to date have made them aware of this?Nixxea14 Nov 12
Nov 11 Multiple Shadowform skins This is a suggestion that's too late in the expansion, but maybe something for the future to earn in other ways: One thing I would have liked to have seen for the Shadow Artifact was a variety of Shadowform skins like Druids got. Shadowform is basically a "druidy" form for a Priest, something that negates normal gear visuals because of its constant up-time. So why not give it that same variety of skins like Druids get for their forms? You don't really notice the Shadow daggers that much, more so while in Shadowform. It would have been nice if each dagger, then, came with a different flavor of Shadowform as well (from Shadowy flames to icy chills to whatever else you can think of). I think that would have been a lot cooler for players to go after. I just don't think having a single glyph for 'old' Shadowform does the identity any justice. Personally I think it should be a mandatory thing for any spec/class with a constant 'form' to have good variety in skins for it.Mhezzo2 Nov 11
Nov 11 Priest Hall Weapon Vendor, where is he?? Hi guys sorry for the stupid post but for the life of me I can't find the quartermaster in our class hall, netherlight temple.... does he only appear at level 110 or something or when you research a certain item at the class hall research? I've spent 30 mins looking up Google but can't seem to find the answer. Thanks for all your help! I just need the lvl740 green weapons that he supposedly sells for my holy artifact quest.Julzmeister3 Nov 11
Nov 11 Mindflay AoE question. So Mindflay does AoE damage when hitting targets with Shadow Word pain. So my question is, say there's three targets all who have Shadow Word on, if I mind flay one and get the AoE, does the AoE damage trigger the same passive? Like does the passive trigger multiple times each time AoE hits a target with Shadow word.Lewdlady7 Nov 11
Nov 11 Relics are worse in heroic? anybody else pissed off about getting a sweet high level relic in heroic or higher and then going to the Netherlight Crucible, just to find out its junk compared to the raid finder version ?Lolgrip2 Nov 11
Nov 10 Power Word: Desperate Prayerwives Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap. The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812 To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines: 1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome. 2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread. 3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine. 4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators. 5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC! IRC info: irc.p2p-network.net #powerword P.S. The IRC is apparently alive and kickin' again, now with 3000% more priestly activity. Discussion topic: ITS HERE. HOT DAD XPAC. What are you doing RIGHt now??Nixx500 Nov 10
Nov 10 Antorus- Anyone seen these sims ? http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T21_Raid.html Looks like our legendaries are changing.... good thing I still haven’t gotten my sephuz now I’m just hoping I can get My soul of the high priest Hopefully shadow stays as strong this next tierCrucifyx8 Nov 10
Nov 10 Priest leveling Hello, I just recently came back to WoW and decided to roll a Priest. I have been leveling and queuing dungeons as a disc priest as it was the default spec when I started. I was wondering if Disc is the best spec for the hybrid playstyle of questing and doing some dungeons or if I should give Holy a shot. I guess I am more concerned when I pick my artifact weapon at 100. Is leveling Holy from 100-110 decent or is it to slow?Kilivia6 Nov 10
Nov 10 Adopt Disaster and Help Support Shadow Relief Yeah, Forget the teddy bear and think about your friendly neighborhood shadow priest. Why fix problems on Earth when Azeroth is full with fixable problems... (edit): also, i dyslexia heartIisk0 Nov 10
Nov 10 Disc vs Holy in PvP Hey guys, I've recently come back to WoW from a lengthy break and want to know what's better for 2s and 3s: Disc or Holy? I've played disc since Cata and love the spec (though the butchered it a lot) and played Holy through MoP when it was the only viable spec. So I have exp with both of them. But what is more useful/better? Does it depend on the comp? I've been playing around with Holy and it seems good and is fun.Isq3 Nov 10
Nov 10 Is 100% atonement possible? Can you get enough mastery to have 100% of your damage converted to healing or is that impossible? What's the highest?Luxumbral2 Nov 10
Nov 10 BGs Okay, as a disc priest is there anything I can do in BG's??????? I go in I heal one person and then the whole horde team is on me and I'm dead. I get cc'ed, cc'ed, cc'ed, cc'ed, and cc'ed... I almost lost my cool on how aggravating it was. That I can say is why I don't like to pvp..Rinheart5 Nov 10
Nov 10 Terror from below/spectral So like, what am I supposed to use and why? Does It proc on dot tics or some thing? And before you link me some h2p spreadsheet keep in mind that I just want some laymans answer not some head up !@# nerd jargon mumbojumbo about haste break points and stat weights blah blah yada yada to make you sound good bc #s and math. Just give me a straight answer. I don't have arcano crystal. I have a 925 sentinel medallion, 930 dreadstone of endless shadows a 910 metronome and then of course a 915 terror and 920 spectral. What 2 trinkets should I use? I'm running about 13500 haste in some gear and 12800 in others... Thanks for your straight answers... I hope P.s. Wtf is with you all running cloak too? Do u not have sephuz/belt or have things dramatically changed in 7.3? I'm lost, I need a adultLluvatar3 Nov 10
Nov 10 disc or holy yeah, i know, a timeless debate. but i wanted some opinions based on my play style(s). ive always liked healers and played them, most of them throughout wows existence. i haven't healed in legion+ so i'm curious what i'd play. i had a prot paladin which was quite geared so i switched it to holy, messing around with that, it seems like a lot of buttons and clunky, even with tons of mouseover macros and various things to make it more streamline. so i've been messing with disc and leveling that and to me its fun, interesting. i can really use mouseover macros/macros to my advantage. i can do dmg and create healing potential, interesting and it seems like for m+ (what i can mostly do) it would be rewarding. i played disc in ICC and that was amazing, i miss that "damage prevention" style of gameplay. maybe one day we'll see it again, you know, bubble bots etc. unless disc right now is another form of that? i've never played holy. so....which one? i'll probably do more m+ then raiding. i like to do my research and give it my best foot forward, so thats how i'll play the class. challenges are nice but what really shines and is worth it? i see a lot of bad manners toward disc and in the past, tanking, i've never had the chance to be with an amazing disc priest. maybe 1 or 2 rare great players, i suddenly notice mid way through they're disc and everything is working well. other times, they're disc and just cannot keep up. so any advice? or stick to holy paladin, which isn't all that bad, i feel like there is no protection of burst but i haven't fleshed out my gear for that spec yet. anyway, sorry for the novel. hope you can help, thanks~Longball4 Nov 10
Nov 10 Void Erruption Needs to be instant. Considering its dps value is only when mobs are dotted and how short the transform effect lasts and how easily it is wasted by movement and target switching. It is really burdensome to use it.Ariæl7 Nov 10
Nov 9 7/9M Recruiting Shadow Priest <The Last Pull> Horde Illidan, 7/9 M 9/9H is recruiting a 920+ (Priority for ranged) DPS (must have logs) for ToS progression. Raid times: Mon-Wed 9PM-12PM EST. Apply at: discord.gg/Yv2nDZb For more information Contact Raeya Btag: Raeya#1889 Discord: Ræya#7807 (alt 0230)Ræÿa2 Nov 9
Nov 9 Tough decision: mage, warlock and priest I have a mage 880, warlock 888, and priest 885. I am having a tough decision since I want to choose two classes and leave one behind. I really enjoy all 3 classes but I dont have time to invest on them if I want to be competitive. I enjoy the healing role but not as much as dps (I like to do it for convenience) My question is: what classes would you take? and what class would you leave behind?Dotlady8 Nov 9
Nov 9 Am I doing something wrong, or shadow sucks? I played shadow priest on legion release and I thoroughly enjoyed it with the exception of the STM play style, which I thought was unfairly punishing. However, I knew if they ever nerfed STM it would have to come with significant buffs to the spec. Near the start of 7.1, before nighthold came out and shortly after ToV, I stopped playing for a couple months. Recently I came back and returned to my shadow priest with some hefty changes expecting to finally be able to play him at a competitive level with out STM. I've tried it now, for a couple weeks in Heroic/Mythic Nighthold, and I come no where near out dpsing the other people in my raid. Now, these people are 900+ item level mythic raiders so I realize I should be a little bit behind (I'm around 890 equipped). However, I'm doing maybe half of their dps on bosses. Lets not even talk about fights like Skorp where adds get cheesed so all the AOE classes are doing 2-3m+ to my piddly 500k. Its not enjoyable to sit at the bottom of the dps charts for every single fight except MAYBE botanist where I might be able to edge up a few positions. Its starting to drag really hard on me and I don't know if its because I'm still not quite to par on gear, or if its just not a good spec any longer. The rotation essentially seems to be the same that it has been sine release, and I've gone back over it to make sure I'm not messing something up, and it seems like I'm performing it fine.Voidalc13 Nov 9
Nov 9 Another priest bites the dust Do we have any lore characters left who are actually just priests? Next up Velen will become the oldest Paladin alive. Edit: They just confirmed that Anduin is 100% a priest. So sorry for my salty thread, but still we need more priest heroes!Wasselin28 Nov 9
Nov 9 Worlds & Warcraft 5e I have a problem. Over the years, I've burnt out on WoW's gameplay. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Instead, I've picked up 5th edition D&D, and gotten really into it. The problem is that I still love WoW's universe and lore, moreso than D&D's. The solution? FULL HOMEBREW CONVERSION, MOTHERFLUXER. I've been working on and off for a long while now on homebrewing a WoW -> D&D conversion, complete with rebuilds of WoW's classes from the ground up for 5e's rules and mechanics. However, my familiarity with each class in the game isn't quite up to the task. To that end, I'm asking around for players of each class to answer some questions to help me figure out how to capture the core of each class and spec. I'm especially eager to hear from longtime players who may remember older versions of their class. What I'm looking for: * Defining themes... * Iconic abilities... * Defining mechanics... * Personal favorite aspects... * ...for the class overall... * ...for each spec individually... * ...both past and present.Lokka3 Nov 9
Nov 9 Shadowcrash needs to be baseline. I know it has been said a million times, but it needs to be repeated a million times again.Rodruun4 Nov 9
Nov 9 How good is shadow t21? Topic. I'm currently torn between mm hunter and shadow priest for next tier but MM hunter t21 is prolly the worst set for set bonuses. How strong is shadows 2 and 4pc going to be?Reaperstwo0 Nov 9
Nov 8 Celumbra vs. Hallation Just had Hallation drop for me and am noticing a Haste drop r/t my haste gems in my Celumbra lego. What are your thoughts on the two compared to one another for Discipline??Ireas1 Nov 8
Nov 8 How is SPriest at 110? In regards to PVE content, specifically: How do they fare at solo/5-man/raids? How do they scale from starting 110 gear, to high end raid gear?Artyzzle9 Nov 8
Nov 8 Give disc reflective shield It would help in pvp, and it would help with aoe in solo content.Azorios2 Nov 8
Nov 8 DoTs in Void form Knowing that your haste is increasing as you spend more time in Void Form, do you know if void bolt, when adding time to our DoTs, readjusts with our current haste? or is it better to reapply once void form falls off, in order to get the benefit.Lithe8 Nov 8
Nov 8 Holy Priest easily the least useful healer After spending the last hour being denied for Mythic+2 groups it really dawned on me how inferior Holy Priest is compared to any other healer. We have zero utility or mobility and just remain stationary while spamming flash heal. If anyone disagrees please tell me why I'm wrong, lets have a real discussion.Baldkami143 Nov 8
Nov 7 How do I get into PvP I kind of want to be a disc priest in PvP, but I have barely any experience with it. How should I start? I'm kind of OK at PvE stuff and I know how to use all my abilities (I think). I've done a few random battlegrounds but I feel like I get stunned a lot and die really fast. Also, what is our atonement percentage in pvp?Luxumbral2 Nov 7
Nov 7 Improve Glyph of Dark Absolution I love the idea of this glyph, but the execution could be a lot better. The impact effect on enemies and allies is the exact same effect as shadow mend: A purple swirl with green sparkles. This implies that it is healing and it looks very weird when hitting an enemy. (Not to mention the still effect looks pretty bad and not at all up to par with the other updated effects) https://i.imgur.com/EZbJAQg.png (Any shadow effects that aren't the swirl are coming from my hands, and not the impact) The sound effects are exactly the same as the unglyphed version, they sound holy and light-based and not at all fitting to the shadowy glyph. Especially the enemy impact sound, it doesn't fit with the visuals at all since they didn't give the glyph a unique impact effect. The penance bolts themselves look alright, I feel like they could look a bit more solid and less wispy though.Luxumbral0 Nov 7
Nov 7 [7.2.5] Focused Will | Disc Discord / Guides Due to disagreements with the Staff at H2P, I am no longer associated with them. Because of the recent events, many of the top theorycrafters, content creators, and community associated with Discipline have created a new Discord located here: 7.2.5 Discipline Guide http://focusedwill.com/disc-guide-7-2-5/ Focused Will | Discipline Discord https://discord.gg/hQ7bTxe Focused Will Website (guide is located here) http://focusedwill.com/ My apologies for the inconvenience!Mend395 Nov 7
Nov 7 Survivability Hi everyone! I'm trying to decide between leveling a shaman and a priest, and a main deciding factor for me is survivability. I'm casual and not competitive at all, and mostly just level up and do world quests, so my question is, can a priest, either shadow or disc, handle pulls of 2-3 mobs without getting easily squashed, or stressed out with every pull?Mathaennicus7 Nov 7
Nov 7 Best SPriest pvp comps What are the best melee to play with a SPriest/Shaman?Tempire6 Nov 7
Nov 7 We're finally getting mana burn back. You know, with WoW classic. It will be nice.Poefosho2 Nov 7
Nov 7 Disc Self Healing What about personal atonement? I mean since it is the paradigm of applied buff healing, can't they have a consistent atonement to themselves?Tankswitface3 Nov 7
Nov 6 Anduin is a Priest - Confirmed Anduin is a Priest, not a Paladin. Q/A minutes ago.Vidaar24 Nov 6
Nov 6 Is there a reason not to be in Shadowform? It just starting playing my shadow priest in Legion. There used to be spells cast that would cause you to leave shadowform. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore, yet we can still "turn off" shadow form like a stance. Is this for cosmetic purposes only or are there any game mechanics reasons to leave shadowform?Faerûn13 Nov 6
Nov 5 Is Disc 2 Piece bonus better than Higher ilvl Just had 5 ilvl higher pants drop from a mythic +9, using them replaces my tier 20 pants and 2 piece bonus! Any rule of thumb when it's worth to swap?Alithice2 Nov 5
Nov 5 Can't stand shadowform I would actually love to play a spriest if it wasn't for the god awful ugly purple form. Druids get star glyph and it's pretty sweet, shadowform has always looked like an unrendered and unfinished model. If they allowed you to not look like a purple mine craft model I would enjoy priestMageandrage89 Nov 5
Nov 5 Shadow priests are officially Garbage. No survivability At All. 1 Aoe spell... Best you can do is spam dots and run. The second a warrior or a rogue is on you you're done. Blizzard found a way to take a decent casting class and just tear it to shreds. Total Crap.Darnasian65 Nov 5