Rogue

Jul 13 Rogue Leveling FAQ (7.x) Updated: 12/17/16 for 7.x. This FAQ is for new rogues. It is full of simplifications and generalizations. The focus is on optimal leveling speed and viability. This is not how things will work for end game pve/pvp. Be sure to read though the notes, as I've tried to explain major exceptions and caveats. Bold/underline is direct question answer. But, as you will see, many choices can not be made in a vacuum. If any class is about experimentation and situational planning, the rogue class is and to fully understand the class, you will need to think this way as well. If you'd like, you can join the Ravenholdt discord server to chat with other rogues here: https://discord.gg/gPv7ag2 Or you can contact me on twitter or email. Twitter/Gmail: wavefunctionpAeriwen399 Jul 13
Jun 19 Roguedom: Common Rogue Q's & A's (Last updated March 4, 2017.) Raiding. Gear. Stats. Secrecy. Poison. Murder. Deceit. There's so much to know about being a rogue! What's a pirate-spy-ninja-sassin to do? Nothing. You're screwed. You'll never be any good. Oh! Sorry; force of forum habit -- I meant the opposite of that. Whether you're new to the class or a grizzled veteran, there's always more to learn about playing a rogue. In this thread, I’ll do my best to answer commonly asked questions on a range of rogue topics. At present I'm keeping this thread focused on end-game PvE questions only (i.e., primarily raid-relevant stuff). If you've got any suggestions, Q's you'd like to see A'd, corrections or general death threats, feel free to post in this thread, flip me the bird at @SvelteKumquat or email me at sveltekumquat@gmail.com. I look forward to completely ignoring your heartfelt messages.Rfeann230 Jun 19
Feb 3 Jo's Compendium of Mutilating: Seeya in 7.0! DISCLAIMER: This guide is outdated currently! It will likely not be updated until a few weeks after Legion launches. Until then, I will be changing things over time, so don't be surprised if things don't make sense! The tell all guide to assist you in plunging two daggers into the heart of Archimonde! Learn how to maximize your defense! Be the envy of the other melee in the raid! Live through extreme damage! Pull more burst than ever before! Be the prize member of your raid team! (Warning: Do not attempt any of the practices in this guide unless you are an Assassination spec'd Rogue!) ~Changelog~ 10/16/14 - The Iron Tide crashes into Azeroth! Made my first pass at updating the guide for the new patch and decorated the hidden gumdrops with spikes of iron and bone. 10/18/14 - Herped my derp and missed some things with the 6.0.2 patch update, changed the stat section. Began the Great Changelog Purge to prevent having the changelog become half the guide. 10/22/14 - Found more missed parts of the guide, mostly wording to things that aren't around anymore like profession bonuses. Updated gem section and some talent descriptions. 11/10/14 - Updated rotation section to reflect the pandemic changes affecting Envenom. 11/14/14 - Started updating the guide for Warlords of Draenor. 11/17/14 NEW N' TASTY! Finished updating to level 100 Warlords. Combined enchant and gem section, eliminated some outdated wording, added new glyph recommendations, added new talent tier, reworked stat priorities, changed rotation guidelines and covered everything in a delicious Lemon Zest. Removed Herobrine. 11/19/14 - Made some changes to the 100 talent tier section. and expanded on the rotation section to accommodate for Shadow Reflection. 11/21/14 - Changed the enchant recommendations, elaborated more on multi-target section. Released the Molten Corgis. 12/02/14 - Expanded on the rotation section. 01/06/15 - It's a new year! Finally got off my lazy butt and updated example fights for talent descriptions. Also updated the enchantment section. 01/17/15 - Added a paragraph on Vanish and Premeditation into the rotation section, expanded on Vendetta section. Changed some syntax and grammar choices. Removed all parasprites and sent them back to the Everfree Forest. 02/02/15 - BRF OR BUST! Began updating the guide for Blackrock Foundry. Lamented that 'Blackrock n' Roll' doesn't fit as the new tag line. 02/19/15 - Stopped being lazy and updated enchant section to reflect Shattered Hand losing value. 02/25/15 - Updated Leeching Poison for the new changes in 6.1. Removed Herobrine. Or added. I forget at this point. 03/02/15 - Updated the foreword section with another communication option. 06/29/15 - Patch time! Started updating the guide for 6.2: Fury of Hellfire. 09/3/15 - I'm still alive! Finished updates for 6.2... Almost three months after the patch came out. Changed references to Premeditation to Preparation. 04/27/16 - Since there's very likely to be no update until Legion, I had some fun with the title. Compendium of Mutilating 1. Your Initiation - Foreword (J1): 2. Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2): 3. Your Build - Talents and Glyphs (J3): 4. Your Gear - Stats, Enchanting and Gemming (J4): 5. Your Cunning - Common Tips, Tricks and Strategems (J5): 6. Your Victory - Afterword (J6): ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your Initiation - Foreword (J1) The first spec on your left, Assassination has classically been a bit of an oddball spec. Originally following the same path as the Arcane spec for Mages, in the early days of the old talent point system, most Rogues only ventured into the tree for Seal Fate, a talent that gave extra combo points on critical combo point generating moves like Backstab and Sinister Strike, or for Cold Blood, a now deprecated talent that used to ensure a critical strike on your next ability. As it went through expansions it slowly began to gain traction until Cataclysm, when Assassination was able to hold it's own against the other two specs. Now, Assassination is as competitive, if not more so, than Combat and Sub. The rotation is simple and requires less management than the other two specs and pulls exceptional numbers. Assassination has come a long way from it's origins. This compendium will help you identify common Rogue terms, maximize your gear, talents and glyphs, and perfect your strategy in raid encounters during patch 6.0.3: Warlords of Draenor. Most of the advice in this guide will focus on preparing you for Blackrock Foundry (Which releases on February 2nd.) but should apply just as well to previous raid tiers and other content. If you have any questions or suggestions, please, feel free to leave them in a reply to this thread! I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I also have a Twitter! Just send a tweet to @JoTheRogue to chat! ... Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2) Common Terms AP - Attack Power Crit - Critical Strike Rating Mastery - Mastery Rating Multi - Multistrike Rating Vers - Versatility Haste - Haste Rating CD - Cooldown GCD - Global Cooldown Common Assassination Abilities and Abbreviations (Stuff that should be on your bars) Mutilate (Mut) Dispatch Marked for Death (MfD) Shuriken Toss (Toss) Rupture (Rup) Garrote Cheap Shot (CS) Kidney Shot (KS) Envenom Slice and Dice (SnD) Recuperate (Recup) Shadowstep (Step) Burst of Speed (BoS) Sprint Deadly Poison Leeching Poison Crippling Poison (Crip) Gouge Blind Kick Feint Evasion Combat Readiness Stealth Vanish Fan of Knives (FoK) Crimson Tempest (Tempest) Vendetta Smoke Bomb Cloak of Shadows (Cloak, CloS) Sap Venom Rush (Rush, VR, Lemon Zest) Shadow Reflection (SR) Death from Above (DfA) Non-Assassination Abilites and Abbreviations (Things that can't be on your bars, for reference) Hemorrhage (Hemo) Backstab (BS) Shadow Dance (ShD) Sinister Strike (SS) Blade Flurry (Flurry, BF) Killing Spree (Spree) Revealing Strike (RS) Adrenaline Rush (AR)Jokaste264 Feb 3
Nov 1, 2016 Shadow Dance and the Stealth Bar We’ve been reading all of the feedback throughout beta regarding Shadow Dance and the desire to have it use the “Stealth action bar.” To get right to the point, after an upcoming hotfix, Subtlety Rogues will find that Shadow Dance swaps their main action bar to the alternate bar that is used while in Stealth. For a bit of context on the late change to our thinking on this: we rarely allow automatic functionality (such as action bar swaps, or macros) to choose between core damage abilities on the player’s behalf. We believe it’s important that the player has to make those choices themselves. The Rogue Stealth bar has always been a minor exception to this, but for many years, the Stealth bar was only active for the single ability you used to open a combat, and was not seen again for the duration of combat (other than with Vanish). The ability to bind your openers to the same buttons as your rotational abilities was a convenience that didn’t affect your use of abilities in combat. However, the new Shadow Dance (and to a lesser extent Subterfuge), has resulted in some Rogues regularly using openers during combat, as elements of their rotation. In this case, the Stealth bar changes from a minor convenience that lets you place once-per-combat buttons on more convenient keybinds, to actually making regular, mid-combat decisions for you. That said, after following the ongoing discussions and carefully considering your feedback, we understand the desire for consistency with other abilities that allow Stealth-only actions. Given the gray area that Shadow Dance is in, and the widespread feedback that using the Stealth bar would be more consistent and intuitive, we’ve decided to go ahead and allow Shadow Dance to once again swap your main action bar. This hotfix is scheduled to live with weekly restarts in each region. A few details for players who use macros to further manage their buttons: Shadow Dance will be treated similarly to Subterfuge for the purposes of macro conditionals. It will not activate [stealth], but it will activate [stance:2]. If you want to make a macro that mimics the behavior of the main bar (i.e. swapping when you have any of Stealth, Vanish, Subterfuge, or Shadow Dance), you can use the macro conditional [bonusbar:1].Ornyx127 Nov 1, 2016
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Rogues: Please Read! Welcome to the Rogue forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the rogue class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
3h All Rogue BG! Title says it all! I'm still collecting names for this to happen! Write me here or in game if you'd like to be added to the list! Thanks!Fatamorgana0 3h
4h Sub vs Sin in BGs? For sub and sin, how would you use them during bg’s? (Ex: positioning, who to target)Sanathran0 4h
4h Best leveling spec in 7.3.5 ? As the title says im curious to know what you guys think would be the best spec to level as? Or is it whatever seems appealing me? if that is the case i might want to try out sub. My rogue is only level 7 right now, but thought i would get some opinions before i go into this new level revamp with head full of steam =p. Also really excited to level through all these different zones and not have to hop around as much. Btw, goblin rogue ftw =pApplecrust7 4h
5h Finally starting to enjoy my rogue again A while back I leveled an outlaw rogue, with heirlooms. Up through Draenor it was pretty smooth sailing. But when I hit legion, I suddenly felt useless. I got to 102 with a lot of pots, food and dying. So I stopped playing him for months and leveled several other classes to 110. I finally decided to give it another go. One reason was that I have about 20 lockboxes that need to be opened. I decided to switch to assassination. At first I didn't fair much better. But I kept playing with my rotation, and worked on improving my gear and getting AP. I'm certainly not a killing machine like some of my other toons, but I can handle 1-3 mobs pretty well now with much less downtime. It's a fun class once you start to get the hang of it. Looking forward to getting to 110 so I can start world quests.Toan4 5h
5h I don't think Outlaw = Pirate... Seriously, I don't. Not in my head, anyhow. Oh, I know, everyone is always with the parrots and the "arrr" and the Cannonball thing, but I keep looking at a more stable interpretation... as in the ground beneath me. I look at the Highwayman. That fellow in the frock coat and huge cloak, all flowing and black, with a wide-brimmed hat (with a feather in it, of course) and a proper sword and pistol, on the side of the road. When the coach comes down the track, there he is, pistol drawn, and his famed call of "Stand and Deliver" ringing out. Gallant to the fairer sex (and yes, I'm always polite to men when I rob them), elegant and capable of going more than a day without screaming for a bottle of rum. Besides, a proper Highwayman prefers a fine wine in his or her secret identity of a wealthy nobleman/woman, since the robbing thing is mostly for the thrills and in secret service to King and Country. Also spying. And burglary when one must. Are there any others who see themselves more as elegant Gentlemen and Ladies of the Road, and less as rum-swilling scallywags who feel uncertain how to handle ground that's not swaying beneath their feet?Magasneak12 5h
9h 2 piece TOS or 2 piece Antorus? The 2 piece antorus gives me lower ilvl thoughConorithin2 9h
10h Insignia of the Grand Army for Rogue ? Hi I was wondering if the ring is good for rogue over other legendaries. Any ideas ?Envykeke7 10h
11h Rate the Rogue Mog Above You: Part X Because we all know there's been so many, but yeah, what better way to come back from a 9 month break than to start this?Tapion148 11h
12h Tricks of Our Trade: Jealous of Sargy's beard ... Most of our toys are now dead, right? No need to keep that chain of stuff going any farther.Andrraste132 12h
12h Loot Spec Leggo Question Hey, rogues! I, like most other rogues doing even remotely challenging content, played Subtlety for months and months, as it was the clear best spec. However, with the recent buffs to assassination and its huge growth in strength, I have been making the transition. I have 0 legendaries for Assassination, and yet, it already hits almost as hard and in many cases harder than my Subtlety spec. It also doesn't help that I have a mix of heroic and normal tier pieces, so on sub I'm still running 2pc t20/2pc t21. Sims higher for my case with my gear. As assassination, I get to just wear 4pc t21.. Despite playing Sub as a heroic raiding main for months, I actually still do not have the Mantle of the Master Assassin. I have every single legendary for Sub except Mantle, Insignia of Ravenholdt, and Will of Valeera. I have 0 of the 3 spec-specific legendaries for assassination. I have been raiding as assassination the past week and a half to get used to the switch, and I'm still performing more than fine. Here is my question. Should I leave my loot spec on Subtlety to target those OP shoulders, since they now have a 33.33% chance of being my next leggo in sub loot spec, OR, should I switch to assassination to have a 4/6 chance of getting a legendary that I would immediately equip? I've been chasing the shoulders for months now to no avail, but since I'm assassination now, I am wondering if it would be more worth my time to go for a leggo with the 3 assassination ones and shoulders and 2 useless ones in the pool. What does everyone think? I'm trying to figure out what to do before I go on my m0 world tour/LFR runs/buy next leggo token. P.S. I got my first leggo token on Saturday. It was KJBW. RIP. :( I wish they would have just auto-put that one in my bank... Legendaries seriously make this xpac far worse than it could have been, IMO.Zilslyce0 12h
13h Grappling Hook Nerfed Yet Again So it seems the new patch has screwed the only thing that made Outlaw fun. https://imgur.com/a/f1SEi Rooftops in SW that I used to be able to get onto are now giving me the cursed "no path available" message, and it may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm almost certain the range was reduced as well. Because we were still just having too much fun, right Blizzard?Renaulten8 13h
13h Sunken (Lizardking) Rogue Comeback This is Sunken (previously, Lizardking - UD), yes - the original. I'm not sure how many of you might remember me seeing as it's been about 8 years since I logged into this game or posted on the forums. I used to make rogue PVP videos spanning from the early days of Vanilla though WOTLK, I also did a solid bit of PVE. Some of the PVP videos can be found scattered across the internet, some harder to find than others. After doing a quick search it looks like the Eryx/Sunken split video along with the Ming duel are pretty easy to find. Both of these were on my UD. I haven't been able to find any of the NE character. Does anyone have access to those? Link to my original UD https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/eredar/sunken. Speaking of the videos, I saw one randomly pop up on YouTube and had to watch it. By the end there was some serious nostalgia. Since then, I've been doing a lot of catching up, watching rogue and just general informative WOW videos. It's crazy how much has changed. I mean, the talent tree doesn't even make sense to me right now compared to how it was before I quit. It looks like Sub is the hot spec right now? A whole lot of weirdness. Are there any old school players out there? I'm not talking starting in Cataclysm, I'm talking about Classic or at the very least TBC. I guess what I'm getting at is I'm making a comeback. I reactivated my account and logged in for the first time yesterday. Again, so much nostalgia. So I need some help. I'm looking for advice on a high pop server that has strong PvPer's along with some good PvE raiding guilds. If any of my old WOW friends are still out there please let me know. Side note - who's playing Classic when it comes out? I'm 100% in, super excited for that.Sunkenn7 13h
1d Question about combo points [Assassination] Hello everyone, I recently leveled a rogue and he will be lvl 110 soon. I've been reading about rogue rotation on ravenholdt and it seems that we should never cast Mutilate when we have 4 combo points as this is a dps loss. My question is, what should I cast instead of mutilate to reach my 5th combo point if I need to reapply rupture on the target? Poisoned knife? If not, should I just cast Rupture with 4 combo point then proceed with my normal rotation? Thanks!Azhalar3 1d
1d How do you play sin rogues in Battle grounds? Sub rogues are fine. I like how they are really excelling at hit and run burst (Which is how rogues should be). THey have good fast initial burst which is REALLY important in BGs. I love the tracer style play that sub rogues provides by going in and trying to cause as much damage and confusion to the enemy as possible. However Assassin rouges are hard to play in BGs. There are usually massive aoe going on in fights that make it hard to get close to an opponent. Even then, sin rogues have to set up their dots to do their sustain DPS which can take quite a lot of time. I feel like the burst-hit and run style that sub provides is a lot more efficient in BGs. How do you guys play Assassin rogues in BGs?Mentalityz43 1d
1d Rogue stream! I recently started streaming. I main an assassination rogue. My guild is 2/11 M ANT. If you are running into any hiccups with your rogue please stop by! Whether it's key runs, raiding, or general questions I am willing to lend a hand. I stream every chance I get. If I'm not there feel free to contact on bnet. My tag is bstein#11686. My steam is twitch.tv/inanerogue. Look forward to meeting you!Inane0 1d
1d The Greatest Rogue Video of All time? Let's see em, here's my pick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwG57-6gooConfuciuswan0 1d
1d New cloak option-Duster So, id love to have a long coat/duster type of clothing item. Would really be cool to have each spec with some unique type of clothing option. I'd love to be running around like The Gunslinger.Darkhold0 1d
1d To my fellow Subtlety Rogues What do you think about Catlike Reflexes as an artifact trait? It's going to be really sad if we lose it in BfA, i really love that passive just as i love walking on water with Sprint, whenever i group to a raid i don't just arrive, i do one of those really bad for the knees cool landing. I feel it fits the class "ninja" fantasy.Thaessa14 1d
1d Sin PK Disabled - GG AoE PK Has been disabled since last night. People were back to abusing it again, some guilds having 7+ rogues lined up to kill mythic bosses. As of that time, Sin AoE is completely non existent. Some people report they got banned, who knows.Márianne33 1d
1d Roll the bones idea-Grand Melee So, what if Roll the bones changed to have Grand Melee “always” be rolled at 5 combo points- plus another random buff? Why- to always have the leech. Rogues without legendary pants need the self healing. So at 5 combo points, you are guaranteed two buffs minimum, one is always Grand Melee. Of course, you could get all five, but always 2.Darkhold3 1d
2d Rogue Rework Discussion A lot of the classic classes (Paladin, Shaman, Priest, etc.) got class reworks to make the class new and interesting again to a lot of long time players. Anyone else kinda wanting the same thing to happen to rogues just to "freshen" up the class a little bit (I understand they changed combo points to not be on the target anymore but that feels more quality of life than anything). Personally I think taking away combo points and introducing an actual combo system would be pretty interesting and unique where you've got different combos you can pull off for different circumstances. You could still have the finishing moves like eviscerate and envenom as closers. While some people might look at this and say that's more in line with monks I still think it would be interesting.Necodeus14 2d
2d Assassination small st buff small aoe nerf http://www.wowhead.com/news=280042/assassination-and-balance-changes-week-of-january-9thGiggleblush34 2d
2d Rogue mount Why did they give Druids a sitting animation but not us? It looks silly just floating 3 inches above the ground.Elesh8 2d
2d Yet another champions of Legionfall question My outlaw rogue alt has done everything suggested everywhere and STILL can't get the quest from either of the follower NPCS even though both are right there in my class hall? ANY help or suggestions are GREATLY apprieciated!Jhystra16 2d
2d Help on Rings! So I have three rings: Insignia of the Grand Army, Insignia of Ravenholdt, and Soul of the Shadowblade. I was rather excited when I got Soul of the Shadowblade because it means I can have vigor and deeper strategem! ...but Mr Robot and training dummies show that it is worse. Why is it worse? It has mastery and Ravenholdt doesn't even have mastery.Ratfood3 2d
2d dps help im 939 and i see assanation rogues lower then me doing way mpre dfps is there something specal outlaw has to do to do decent dpsMaximill2 2d
2d Rogue4Life So I have played off and on since day 1 in Vanilla. I have tried other classes, but nothing makes me feel quite at home as rogue. (Although I still suck) I just want to hear some of your rogue stories! I will share some of mine. 1. Rogueing in burning steppes. Well known rogue on my server, so feeling pretty badass. Start getting destroyed by this other rogue. The shame is kicking in. Out of nowhere, enemy rogue gets a grenade to his face and my buddy (A better rogue) appears out of thin air and dispatches the enemy. Apparently he has been stalking me like a true rogue for giggles. 2. Ultra-geared with all the resilience I can get and imp recuperate. Doing 2s with lady-friend, so I definitely want to show off. Enter 2s against a frost mage and a dk. Lady-friend disconnects right at the start. Oh well, might as well fight even if lose... find out they can hardly dps through my recuperate. Finish off DK. Save mage for when lady-friend reconnects. Must be what a DH feels like. 3. Basically any battleground with smoke bomb. 4. Trying to push content in Trial of Valor. Heroic Guarm is wrecking us. Wipe at 2% repeatedly. Try again. Tank dies. Everyone dies... except Ratfood the homeless rogue. Evasion tank 7 seconds which felt like a lot longer. Guarm Dead. Rogue is hero. (I love rogue toolkit) I know that this is probably Wall-o-text, and for that I apologize, but I would love to hear your stories too!Ratfood9 2d
2d Rogue 7.3.5 leveling broken? Heard lots in the community about how the new leveling was much harder. You cant pull too many mobs. Combat times are longer. You get to use your full rotation, etc. Made me very excited to finally level a new character again for the first time in years. Decided to roll a rogue, as Its one of the few classes I dont have at level 100+. Chose Outlaw because the rotation seemed the most fun. Decided to use no heirlooms because I wanted a bit of a throwback experience, and in no rush waiting for BFA. Im about 30 levels in, and it seems no harder than pre 7.3.5. Im killing mobs in 2-3 GCDs. Ambush takes away 50% of their heals, then I can just saber slash, Run-through, and ever mob is dead before they can even attack me. It hasn't been the fun experience Ive heard it would be. Im barely using my rotation, and while I am enjoying working through the story of zones, Im not getting an improved combat experience. Given the comments ive been reading, is this a unique problem for rogues? are they overturned for leveling compared to other classes? Whats going on here?Skeletonpete3 2d
2d Class Legendaries Now that I have all of my rogue class legendaries, I have been acquiring the random class legendary tokens. I have some from various classes, but none for the rogue class. In the event that I decide to roll a rogue alt, will I be able to acquire these tokens for another rogue character?Tavlina0 2d
3d Sub - noob CD, CP, and energy questions Ok folks, I've played the game on and off for a long time - but I haven't played a rogue for many years. I have a couple quick questions about energy, combo point, and CD usage: 1) Energy: Obviously I don't want to let it cap (wasted DPS) - but do I want to burn it all, or do I want to strive to keep a reserve? If so, is there a sweet spot? (i.e. keep your energy between 20% and 80% or whatever) 2) CD's: I THINK I just burn Blood Fury and Shadow Blades whenever they pop, right? 3) CD's: I want to use Symbols of Death with Shadow Dance, right? Then spam Shadowstrikes? Does order matter? i.e. is it better to fire SD and then SoD - or SoD and then SD? 4) Combo Points: I'm currently using Deeper Strategem... Do I wait for 6 CP's to build, or should I fire off finishers at 5+ so that I don't potentially lose a CP? (i.e. if I generate 2 when I'm sitting on 5) Thanks in advance!Drèád6 3d
3d Poison Knives Still not working after patch.Keres2 3d
3d Rogue Soloing So, I just came back to WoW and I keep trying to find a class/spec that I like. When I used to play SWTOR, I loved my Shadow (stealth class). I've never really gotten into rogue in WoW, because they seem so squishy once you finish your initial attack from stealth. So, really, a couple of questions: Do rogues have the tools to deal with multiple mobs, or do you need to run for your life if you get more than one or two? Can rogues handle elites solo, or are you best off waiting for someone to tank it first? I just see leather-wearing toons like DH that have tons of self-healing and an AoE stun for when you have lots of mobs, then I see an Outlaw Rogue and their main artifact actually does damage to them. I play alone a lot, so while I love the idea of stealth, I'm scared overall that soloing is a bit on the rough side.Mydnyte18 3d
3d Lessons learned about blizzard? So the expansion is pretty much over, so looking back at everything that has transpired what can you learn about blizzard to make the transition into the next expansion much smoother? To me this expansion reaffirms blizzard's pigheadedness and disdain for people who play this game to the point of driving away players and destroying their own product rather than making simple fixes. So specifically: *Blizzard seems fine letting a spec remain virtually dead the entire expansion -Was outlaw ever a good raiding spec? I think it was good for dungoes for a bit then got nerfed, but for the most part the spec was always dead. - Sub was dead for a year, unless you could get the Lego boots. Now sub is on the way out because being DFA is basically CCing yourself when you need to be able to do mechanics instantly on some of these fights. Sin was pretty much good all expansion. Seems like Blizzard will make sure you have one spec that works and mostly ignore the other 2. Going forward you would be best off playing blizzard one spec that is going to work instead of hoping all expansion blizzard with make fixes on specs that do not work. You can not rely on blizzard to do their job correctly or even care to try.Brutain8 3d
3d Nightstalker Question Normally, for a Sin build with NS you would Save vanish for a rupture. However, when I stealth I don’t see the tooltip for the damage of rupture increase like I do every other attack. Is this intended? As a poison build, with shoulders, should I be using rupture or Envenom with my vanish?Dinamic1 3d
3d Entry Tricks for Rogues I was recently reading an article about a book called “Micromastery”. It was published in Europe in 2017 and I believe its reaching the United States in March. The author basically contends that the way to live a happy life is to learn small things like how to perfectly make an omelette, do a magic trick, or roll a kayak. He calls these things micromasteries. There’s probably some problems with his theory, but I did see a lot of truth in what he calls the “entry trick”. Every micromastery has one. It’s that little thing that someone can learn that instantly elevates their abilities. In tennis, that might be learning to put topspin on the ball. That alone can be the difference between making the JV team or the varsity team. So what is that one “little thing” or “entry trick” for your class that allows a player to instantly elevate their game? Similarly, what is that one little thing that you see someone from your own class (or any other class) do that makes you instantly think, “wow... that’s a player who really spends time with their class.” That might be a creative use of disengage, or a priest using life grip to pull someone onto the elevator as it begins to launch upward in LFR. Thanks everyone!Flirt8 3d
3d Assassination Raid Stats? Hi all, I've been raiding as assassination and am not sure which direction I should go in relation to my stats gear. (legendaries Mantle/Wrist or Boots/Wrist) Currently I have 4 piece and my stats are 25% crit, 4% haste, 175% mastery, 18% vers with 42.6k agil I have a pair of pants that I can equip in which I lose the 4 piece bonus but my stats 22% crit, 4% haste, 187% mastery, 18% vers with 42.5k agil I lose 4 piece bonus with second pants but gain much more mastery. I am not sure what outweights what in this scenario? should i retain 4 piece? is the mastery increase from second pants worth it? I lose some crit. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank youSignmeupk7 3d
3d Outlaw rogue & class fantasy So, let's talk about Roll the Bones and fixing the class fantasy for Outlaw rogues. I'll admit I've put in very little time on my little rogue, but that's mostly stemming from disappointment of the transition from Combat to Outlaw. At firs,t I was ready to fight, now I'm a beguiled bar patron drifting from port to port without much to do. Given Blizzard's subsequent 7.1 treatment of these crafty folks, I can understand why an outlaw rogue is more interested in getting drunk and starting bar fights at their next port of call than engaging in true damaging abilities. Unfortunately, given Outlaw's current state - they tend to lose more bar brawls than they win. Let's make haste great again. Combat was fun because GCD locking. There are lots of current talents that would be way more fun and feed into making Outlaws out of all of us. Let's start at the biggest problem - "Roll the Bones." !@#$ that. We remember the last time a guy tried to roll the bones. He was an idiot troll on Thunder Isle that couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper bag. I know we've got some talents goin' on there, but let's bake in Slice and Dice into the core rotation. Let's roll them bones on out of here. They're stupid. Bones don't have gold. Let's replace SnD with something cool since it's no longer a talent choice. How about we synergize Cannonball Barrage with something like Pirate Captain. Pirate Captain could call the entire fleet of ships to vastly increase the damage of AOE abilities in some interesting way, or possibly modify pistol shot to turn into a big ol' cannon that goes boom boom on your targets. Next, let's talk about Cannonball Barrage. I figure in BFA it's going to be retuned, but let's make it awesome. Stop with the crew. I want to see a ghostly pirate ship sail up next to me and let it all hang out. TOOT TOOT, HUNTER. I SEE YOU GOT A GUN BUT I GOT A SHIP. TIME TO SWAB YOUR POOP DECKS. And if you're speced into Pirate Captain an armada all rides up on you. Sucks to be you, England, but this IS the Spanish Inquisition. More importantly, bring back the GCD functionality of the old combat spec. Haste made combat fun. Add some interesting interplay, such as energy used reduces the cool downs on these or modifies what they do in a clever way. I'm too drunk on rum to articulate something that nuanced, but c'mooooon. Let's stop half-assing the pirate theme and only go halfway with all the bad pieces of the old combat spec and current outlaw spec. How am I going to sail the seven seas and plunder booty? I mean, I guess I can, but I'm doing it in a busted up 1978 El Camino. Even a gently used 1996 Pontiac Sunfire is cooler than this.Mingulay54 3d
3d Raiding questions Hello there, room full of potentially stealthed brethren So I made and leveled this rogue, cause I wanted to play something different when I came back from hiatus. Through my leveling / early gearing (I know my ilvl is bad lolnooblol) i've really enjoyed outlaw. Now I know, outlaw is the weakest of the 3 specs, but is it so bad that I wont be able to find raid groups? I do find it really fun to play and dont really enjoy the other 2 specs, just wondering if I need to just bite the bullet and go assassination?Marhana1 3d
4d 10 Rogue BG?! Rogues revenge! I'm bored and this sounds fun, PM me in game or leave info here if you'd like to join! FOR THE HORDE!Fatamorgana2 4d
4d Class Hall Quest - Decipher The Letter Spoiler warning etc Playing the rogue class hall quests and I got the raven eye thing to decipher the SI7 letter. A cut scene plays showing the SI7 leader has been replaced by a demon. Am I missing something? Does the raven eye do more than decipher? Cause why does the letter even exist? After that cut scene all i could think was "what?". Who wrote the letter? who sent it? a demon sat down and wrote a letter saying "hey we captured some SI7 dudes and replaced them with demons, lolz" and then mailed that letter off to eventually be found by rogues? What am i missing?Cliché1 4d
4d Beginner rogue arena sin or sub Just as the title says :DMistwrapped0 4d
5d Run Though needs a better animation Does anyone else find this attack to be incredibly boring? It just looks like a normal attack, you'd think with a name like run through it would have some sort of a thrust animation. Vanilla eviscerate had a flashier attack. This makes outlaw very visually unsatisfying to play. I think something along the lines of this would make a little more sense: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NwB0Tlj02cs/maxresdefault.jpg Anyone else agree? Or have a different idea?Zh9 5d
5d rogue, worst self-healing in the game this needs to be address.. i'm consistently bottom of the list for self healing against nearby dps as myself. it's a problem and this is primarily regarding PVP. it needs to be corrected.Muggler19 5d
5d rogues fan of knives rogues are still broken only using fan of knives. you guys buffed its actually insaneDreäded20 5d
5d Sin versus Feral Have any of you played both sin and feral druid? Did you like feral as much or more than rogue? How does the playstyle and rotations compare for dungeons and raids? I’m leveling a few alts before the patch and was thinking of trying feral. However, I don’t want to tank or heal on druid and it would most likely only be feral. I have a maxed lock, ele shaman, and soon to be mage so I don’t care about balance.Annacrusys6 5d