Rogue

Feb 24 Rogue Leveling FAQ (7.x) Updated: 12/17/16 for 7.x. This FAQ is for new rogues. It is full of simplifications and generalizations. The focus is on optimal leveling speed and viability. This is not how things will work for end game pve/pvp. Be sure to read though the notes, as I've tried to explain major exceptions and caveats. Bold/underline is direct question answer. But, as you will see, many choices can not be made in a vacuum. If any class is about experimentation and situational planning, the rogue class is and to fully understand the class, you will need to think this way as well. If you'd like, you can join the Ravenholdt discord server to chat with other rogues here: https://discord.gg/gPv7ag2 Or you can contact me on twitter or email. Twitter/Gmail: wavefunctionpAeriwen400 Feb 24
Jun 19 Roguedom: Common Rogue Q's & A's (Last updated March 22, 2018.) Raiding. Gear. Stats. Secrecy. Poison. Murder. Deceit. There's so much to know about being a rogue! What's a pirate-spy-ninja-sassin to do? Nothing. You're screwed. You'll never be any good. Oh! Sorry; force of forum habit -- I meant the opposite of that. Whether you're new to the class or a grizzled veteran, there's always more to learn about playing a rogue. In this thread, I’ll do my best to answer commonly asked questions on a range of rogue topics. At present I'm keeping this thread focused on end-game PvE questions only (i.e., primarily raid-relevant stuff). If you've got any suggestions, Q's you'd like to see A'd, corrections or general death threats, feel free to post in this thread, flip me the bird at @SvelteKumquat or email me at sveltekumquat@gmail.com. I look forward to completely ignoring your heartfelt messages.Rfeann230 Jun 19
Feb 3, 2017 Jo's Compendium of Mutilating: Seeya in 7.0! DISCLAIMER: This guide is outdated currently! It will likely not be updated until a few weeks after Legion launches. Until then, I will be changing things over time, so don't be surprised if things don't make sense! The tell all guide to assist you in plunging two daggers into the heart of Archimonde! Learn how to maximize your defense! Be the envy of the other melee in the raid! Live through extreme damage! Pull more burst than ever before! Be the prize member of your raid team! (Warning: Do not attempt any of the practices in this guide unless you are an Assassination spec'd Rogue!) ~Changelog~ 10/16/14 - The Iron Tide crashes into Azeroth! Made my first pass at updating the guide for the new patch and decorated the hidden gumdrops with spikes of iron and bone. 10/18/14 - Herped my derp and missed some things with the 6.0.2 patch update, changed the stat section. Began the Great Changelog Purge to prevent having the changelog become half the guide. 10/22/14 - Found more missed parts of the guide, mostly wording to things that aren't around anymore like profession bonuses. Updated gem section and some talent descriptions. 11/10/14 - Updated rotation section to reflect the pandemic changes affecting Envenom. 11/14/14 - Started updating the guide for Warlords of Draenor. 11/17/14 NEW N' TASTY! Finished updating to level 100 Warlords. Combined enchant and gem section, eliminated some outdated wording, added new glyph recommendations, added new talent tier, reworked stat priorities, changed rotation guidelines and covered everything in a delicious Lemon Zest. Removed Herobrine. 11/19/14 - Made some changes to the 100 talent tier section. and expanded on the rotation section to accommodate for Shadow Reflection. 11/21/14 - Changed the enchant recommendations, elaborated more on multi-target section. Released the Molten Corgis. 12/02/14 - Expanded on the rotation section. 01/06/15 - It's a new year! Finally got off my lazy butt and updated example fights for talent descriptions. Also updated the enchantment section. 01/17/15 - Added a paragraph on Vanish and Premeditation into the rotation section, expanded on Vendetta section. Changed some syntax and grammar choices. Removed all parasprites and sent them back to the Everfree Forest. 02/02/15 - BRF OR BUST! Began updating the guide for Blackrock Foundry. Lamented that 'Blackrock n' Roll' doesn't fit as the new tag line. 02/19/15 - Stopped being lazy and updated enchant section to reflect Shattered Hand losing value. 02/25/15 - Updated Leeching Poison for the new changes in 6.1. Removed Herobrine. Or added. I forget at this point. 03/02/15 - Updated the foreword section with another communication option. 06/29/15 - Patch time! Started updating the guide for 6.2: Fury of Hellfire. 09/3/15 - I'm still alive! Finished updates for 6.2... Almost three months after the patch came out. Changed references to Premeditation to Preparation. 04/27/16 - Since there's very likely to be no update until Legion, I had some fun with the title. Compendium of Mutilating 1. Your Initiation - Foreword (J1): 2. Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2): 3. Your Build - Talents and Glyphs (J3): 4. Your Gear - Stats, Enchanting and Gemming (J4): 5. Your Cunning - Common Tips, Tricks and Strategems (J5): 6. Your Victory - Afterword (J6): ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your Initiation - Foreword (J1) The first spec on your left, Assassination has classically been a bit of an oddball spec. Originally following the same path as the Arcane spec for Mages, in the early days of the old talent point system, most Rogues only ventured into the tree for Seal Fate, a talent that gave extra combo points on critical combo point generating moves like Backstab and Sinister Strike, or for Cold Blood, a now deprecated talent that used to ensure a critical strike on your next ability. As it went through expansions it slowly began to gain traction until Cataclysm, when Assassination was able to hold it's own against the other two specs. Now, Assassination is as competitive, if not more so, than Combat and Sub. The rotation is simple and requires less management than the other two specs and pulls exceptional numbers. Assassination has come a long way from it's origins. This compendium will help you identify common Rogue terms, maximize your gear, talents and glyphs, and perfect your strategy in raid encounters during patch 6.0.3: Warlords of Draenor. Most of the advice in this guide will focus on preparing you for Blackrock Foundry (Which releases on February 2nd.) but should apply just as well to previous raid tiers and other content. If you have any questions or suggestions, please, feel free to leave them in a reply to this thread! I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I also have a Twitter! Just send a tweet to @JoTheRogue to chat! ... Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2) Common Terms AP - Attack Power Crit - Critical Strike Rating Mastery - Mastery Rating Multi - Multistrike Rating Vers - Versatility Haste - Haste Rating CD - Cooldown GCD - Global Cooldown Common Assassination Abilities and Abbreviations (Stuff that should be on your bars) Mutilate (Mut) Dispatch Marked for Death (MfD) Shuriken Toss (Toss) Rupture (Rup) Garrote Cheap Shot (CS) Kidney Shot (KS) Envenom Slice and Dice (SnD) Recuperate (Recup) Shadowstep (Step) Burst of Speed (BoS) Sprint Deadly Poison Leeching Poison Crippling Poison (Crip) Gouge Blind Kick Feint Evasion Combat Readiness Stealth Vanish Fan of Knives (FoK) Crimson Tempest (Tempest) Vendetta Smoke Bomb Cloak of Shadows (Cloak, CloS) Sap Venom Rush (Rush, VR, Lemon Zest) Shadow Reflection (SR) Death from Above (DfA) Non-Assassination Abilites and Abbreviations (Things that can't be on your bars, for reference) Hemorrhage (Hemo) Backstab (BS) Shadow Dance (ShD) Sinister Strike (SS) Blade Flurry (Flurry, BF) Killing Spree (Spree) Revealing Strike (RS) Adrenaline Rush (AR)Jokaste264 Feb 3, 2017
Nov 1, 2016 Shadow Dance and the Stealth Bar We’ve been reading all of the feedback throughout beta regarding Shadow Dance and the desire to have it use the “Stealth action bar.” To get right to the point, after an upcoming hotfix, Subtlety Rogues will find that Shadow Dance swaps their main action bar to the alternate bar that is used while in Stealth. For a bit of context on the late change to our thinking on this: we rarely allow automatic functionality (such as action bar swaps, or macros) to choose between core damage abilities on the player’s behalf. We believe it’s important that the player has to make those choices themselves. The Rogue Stealth bar has always been a minor exception to this, but for many years, the Stealth bar was only active for the single ability you used to open a combat, and was not seen again for the duration of combat (other than with Vanish). The ability to bind your openers to the same buttons as your rotational abilities was a convenience that didn’t affect your use of abilities in combat. However, the new Shadow Dance (and to a lesser extent Subterfuge), has resulted in some Rogues regularly using openers during combat, as elements of their rotation. In this case, the Stealth bar changes from a minor convenience that lets you place once-per-combat buttons on more convenient keybinds, to actually making regular, mid-combat decisions for you. That said, after following the ongoing discussions and carefully considering your feedback, we understand the desire for consistency with other abilities that allow Stealth-only actions. Given the gray area that Shadow Dance is in, and the widespread feedback that using the Stealth bar would be more consistent and intuitive, we’ve decided to go ahead and allow Shadow Dance to once again swap your main action bar. This hotfix is scheduled to live with weekly restarts in each region. A few details for players who use macros to further manage their buttons: Shadow Dance will be treated similarly to Subterfuge for the purposes of macro conditionals. It will not activate [stealth], but it will activate [stance:2]. If you want to make a macro that mimics the behavior of the main bar (i.e. swapping when you have any of Stealth, Vanish, Subterfuge, or Shadow Dance), you can use the macro conditional [bonusbar:1].Ornyx127 Nov 1, 2016
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Rogues: Please Read! Welcome to the Rogue forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the rogue class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
7m Outlaw PtR and Beta Feedback. (I got access to the BETA right after i made this post originally, so I've updated it slightly. Everything is mostly the same tho.) ` I tested Outlaw on the 8.0 PtR (and BETA) for about 40+ hours using different gear sets and talent set ups. This wasn't a damage test or a performance tests, just a game play and rotation test to see how the spec feels with the changes. ` (Disclaimer: You might not see someone say this very often on the forums but this is MY OPINION) ` -----PART 1: BASELINE Game play and Rotation changes -------- ` -RtB: It's still here, but less annoying. If you like it, then good for you, if you hate it then SnD looks like it'll be a pretty good option, especially with how Mastery works now, but the spell itself is less annoying ON AVERAGE somehow. I still wish they would take a look at it tho. ` -Sinister Strike. The ugly purple icon is back. This can no longer generate 2 combo points, This makes the spec sometimes feel slow, but it also makes combo point management a bit more predictable and better. But, we're still spending about the same amount of energy for LESS combo point per button press, which kinda sucks with/without certain talents. ` -Pistol Shot: The change to the proc feels good. Now you care more about the procs, instead of just seeing a free combo point that sometimes gets in the way. This is because, with a proc, it does very good damage + gives a combo point. Might cost a bit too much energy tho . ` -Blade Flurry: Great change overall. The charge system requires some thought to use, which makes the game play more fun. But there's a big problem. You can use the charges back-to-back to have AoE for about 36 seconds, but after that you're left useless for about 15 - 20 seconds. This feels bad, but it can easily be fixed. ` ----------- PART 2: Game play and Feel of the Spec -------- ` -Feel/ Pacing: On average with any talent build, it's FASTER than legion Outlaw (ON AVERAGE), especially because you experience LESS of those energy starve moments, especially with the Combat Potency buff. But, you now can sometimes experience combo point starvation, which sucks. The only way to sort of solve this is by taking the talents SnD and Quick draw, which might not be good for optimizing performance, which also sucks. So the pacing of the spec could use some speeding up to remove these periods of starvation. ` -Game play: In general Outlaw's game play has actually gotten BETTER than in Legion. RtB hasn't changed and is still boring but is less annoying. Pistol Shot procs are now more important and make your rotation more engaging if you want to optimize using them. AoE requires some thought to use for once. Restless blades has been buffed so that now, if you play correctly, you should be able to get your CD's back more often and they further impact your rotation. Also, depending on your talent build, you can have a very active and involved Outlaw, or a very lax and easy Outlaw, which is great. ` ----------- PART 3: Suggestions/ Changes that would make it better -------- ` -Pacing is still an issue with Outlaw, namely the periods of starvation. You have more energy, but you spend the same amount and get less combo points. This results in a very active, but yet sometimes slow rotation as you're just WAITING TO BE ABLE TO do DAMAGE (due to most of our damage coming from our finisher Dispatch) Suggestions to fix this: ` --> Reduce the energy cost of Sinister strike by 5. (45 -> 40) This way the Energy spent will actually feel worth the AVERAGE amount of combo points gained per global. --> Increase the damage of Sinister Strike by a noticeable amount. This way you won't feel like you're hitting like a wet noodle and just WAITING for a finisher or pistol shot proc to be able to hit hard. --> reduce the energy cost of Pistol Shot by 10. (40 -> 30) This way it won't be free (and make Adrenaline Rush period unmanageable) but it also won't be so expensive that it slows down energy regeneration that could be used on building more combo points. --> Reduce the Energy cost of Ambush and Cheap Shot by 20.(50 -> 30) This way you'll have more energy to work with in your openers and be able to put up RtB or SnD quickly and get on to doing damage. ` -The AoE/ Blade Flurry downtime when you need it issue: ---> Simply just increase the duration of blade flurry by 3 seconds baseline. (12 ->15). This way you'll experience way less of those moments when you need to AoE for longer than 36 seconds but can't. (The damage of blade flurry could be decreased to 40% to compensate for the change. ` (the Talent "Dancing Steel" could remain but it would be better to replace it or make it only buff blade flurry damage. IDK) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ` I might post about the Talents later when I've had a bit more time testing different builds, but this is just my Feedback from the 8.0 PTR after only 20 hours or so. There are still some issues with the Talents, but not many. ` OK, Now go and test this stuff for yourself. If you can post here and leave a rude or not very constructive response then guess what? That means you to can also go and download the PTR and test this as well. So go do that and give your feedback as well. More is always better.Rélyt21 7m
23m Rogue BFA advice Looking at making my rogue my main in BfA. What’s the easiest to learn specialization? Any comments on how rogues are looking as a class in alpha/beta? Unfortunately, I get pretty zoned in and spend more time looking at my abilities than the fight in front of me, if I wanted to zone out a bit, any spec that allows for that more than the others? Which spec is most forgiving? Any help is great, would love to give it a goAshvatek15 23m
51m BFA Poisons Just a question, are poisons still disappearing when changing weapons?Unburnt3 51m
2h Assassanation PvP opener Can someone give me a good opener?Kazii20 2h
2h world pvp question i see a rogue on argus one shoting people with a 911 ilvl and as soon as he is attacked he goes to dalaran. i have a 969ilvl sub rogue and i can burn people down pretty quick but this guy is nuts. i have saw him literally nuke people 60ilvls higher than him in 2 global s. and im just wondering how and how he doesnt vanish but is able to go to dal and come back out there and do it again. guys name is seeulaterDirtysamuraï12 2h
3h Best Ally PvP Racial after nerf? Your thoughts? I'm thinking about trying out Void Elf for the port, might be fun. Hope they reduce the cooldown though, 3m seems long. This is what the human racial is currently on alpha http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=59752/every-man-for-himself Every Man for Himself Human Racial Instant 3 min cooldown Removes all stun effects. This effect shares a 90 sec cooldown with other similar effects. On live it is currently this http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59752/every-man-for-himself Every Man for Himself Human Racial Instant 2 min cooldown Removes all stun effects. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects.Xadie6 3h
4h Rate the Rogue Mog Above You: Part X Because we all know there's been so many, but yeah, what better way to come back from a 9 month break than to start this?Tapion470 4h
18h Best Bracket for rogues PvP Best level bracket for rogues for domination for easy achievements? Would they be between lvl's 30-60? Lvls 60-80? Thanks in advance.Mákjuice1 18h
18h Want to make a rogue, what spec? I like to do burst damage with some sustain. I focus a lot more on pve than pvp Can anyone help me choose a spec? Also, on horde side, what race should I make?Exitmonk3 18h
23h BfA Sub Rogue Any speculation on what the final talent is going to look like in our bottom row?Köhl30 23h
1d A different rogue story (video) [ACT III] *Updated*: 06/13/2018 I believe that, nowadays, most players (or most rogues) know the story of the rogue campaign in Legion. But not everyone is the "Shadowblade" or the "Hero of Azeroth". In this 6-video series I will try to tell a different story... What if your character was simply an SI:7 agent who has just returned from exile, operating with no idea of what is happening on the Broken Isles or the Chamber of Shadows? I describe this series as a lot of different things: - A story for my character; - A wrap up of Legion WPvP / PvP clips; - Some good Punk Rock songs; - An effort on video editing; - A pinch of role play, to make everything better; - Above all, an experiment. Hope you like it. Below is the "estimated" timeline for the video releases. If possible, watch at 1080p 60fps: - Act I: Amber's Distress - https://youtu.be/wtY1N7uvg7E - Act II: Chain of Command - https://youtu.be/AveLypqPuT8 - Act III: The Other Side - https://youtu.be/O1ALm8mxVmM - Act IV: -- 06/19 -- - Act V: -- 06/26 -- - Act VI: -- 07/03 -- I will update this post as I release the new acts.Välerie6 1d
1d HEY! NEED A ROGUE?! Of course you don't, who needs a rogue? Most nerfed class in the game...Mosesfaker11 1d
1d I miss bos I hate going slow :(Ryck19 1d
1d BfA Sub Rogue Fall Damage? Just wanting to confirm, we won't be immune to fall damage once we lose our artifact, right?Steellotus16 1d
1d Coins of Air collection bugged I've been trying to collect Coins of Air (CoA's) for my weekly 5k and I've gone to my same farming spot on the Broken Shores and none of the mobs are providing me with CoA's. I have the quest active, have about 3k from my previous turn in, abandoned the quest and re-accepted and still nothing. Only giving me copper and random items, food and such. Have any of you came across this issue. Thanks for the feedback.Tacticalshot7 1d
1d Best pvp dmg meter Hey guys I was trying to decide what the best dmg meter was for measuring what the best rogue spec is for pvp. I want to know what is going to be the best for just straight tunneling down with pve dmg like a raid boss. Any help you have would be appreciated.Kodash24 1d
1d Poison Proc ???? I've been running deadly poison and crippling poison in mythics, unless my tank tells me not to... but a friend of mine who alts rogue said that taking both instead of just deadly poison is a dps loss due to some proc mechanic and it having a chance to pick the crippling instead of the deadly. Is this true? I looked at all my skills and traits to try and find something that might hint at this, but the only thing I can 'maybe' find is the poisons themselves say "Each strike has a chance of...." So does perhaps each hit have a chance to apply an equipped poison or does the poison have a chance to apply on the hit... hmmmm... the first being a dps loss, the second not.Ryiris26 1d
1d Rogue/Priest 2s For your viewing pleasure or disgrace! https://www.twitch.tv/iexplicltExpliclt0 1d
2d What is the music of life? The music of life is silence, my brother. Only true Rogues know this!Lafee7 2d
2d Sin in pvp How is it in BFA? I never played rouge and sin is looking fun to me. Any advice or story's of your own will help. ThanksKratosboi5 2d
2d Sub Rogue Opener PVP Hey guys I know it’s bad to try and script the opener since there’s many different things that can change how you open on someone but in a perfect world what would be the ideal opener for max burst (for duels as an example) on someone who isn’t orc relentless. I’ve been using Xaryu’s opener which is CS>NB>Dance>Coldblood>Symbols>SS>SS>CS>evis>CS>Goremaws A buddy of mine told me this was a better opener Mfd>kidney>Coldblood>Dance>Symbols>SS>NB>SS>SS>CS>Evis>Dance>CS>goremaws>evis Can someone let me know which opener would be better for duels? Or recommend a better one if you know one? ThanksSkummonk9 2d
3d A Legendary Question Quick question, just want your opinions. IK legion is almost over anyways but ive picked up a rogue and im 100% maining subletly. I already got the Shoulders and Gloves legendary for sub, which to my understanding are the best two? My question is this, should I spend wakening essence on offspec legendaries now or keep going after sub legendaries? I will probably play some outlaw and assassination for funsies. If im good to go on sub ill start collecting for other specs. HollaDackjaniels1 3d
4d Rogue damage too high on BFA beta Lol is so broken im playin sin and outlaw and my damage is 3x everyone else for sure need tuning is too high blizzYeaaboiyy5 4d
4d Why was death from above Removed in bfa? Such an iconic ability with unique AND fun animation i dont understand the reason why blizzard removed itMandrius17 4d
4d for outlaw more damage on combo builders less finisher damage true bearing base line roll the bones gives 2 buffs out of 5 possible with adrenaline rush making it 3 wound poison/mortal strike effect or armor penetration grappling hook baseline 30 sec cd / talent or acrobatic strikes baseline mastery stays as bfa change riposte changed to a passive that increases parry 20% with a 50% counterstrike 50% more armor rating from leather or 10% hp buff iron stomach heals 45% / 30% pvp vigor base line 50 max energy 5% energy regenRyck8 4d
4d Symbols of death use I have been working on my rogue for a while towards the end of the expansion now. I have been mainly focusing on Sub but I also have 75 points in my other spec weapons as well. I have the BiS legendaries for sub and decent for Assassination but I find that I do more damage as assassination in single target and I feel like it may be tied to my symbols of death usage perhaps? I can usually maintain 1.8mil dps as assassination and only about 1.6 as sub on a low movement fight. When do you find yourself using Symbols? I try to put myself in a position so that I am low on energy when it is coming up so I can use it right away to get energy. Now that I have the gloves I am using it to get those combo points to get off an ability but it still seems very random. Using shadow blades on CD, keeping up nightblade, then lining up your evisc buff for DFA, and using shadow dance before you land for the dmg boost is kind of obvious but when to use Symbols I'm just not sure of. Do I want to combine it with DFA every time even if I don't need energy? I guess the artifact ability is another thing to throw in. Both of those abilities revolve around managing energy while one also has a %dmg buff. I already know you need to watch for the combo point refund and shadow technique. It's a lot to keep track of compared to most specs but it's not all that difficult I'm just unsure when to use symbols in all of it.Basics4 4d
4d Why do people hate outlaw So after a long time of avoiding outlaw I decided to give it a shot. At first I hated the RtBs so I decided to swap to SnD and I thought this was the most fun I've had. The attack speed and energy re gen when paired with vigor is epic and if you take acrobatic strikes it's all an 8 yard range... That's the minimum for warrior charge so if you can keep any melee at 3-7 you'll be untouchable while beating them down. If that isn't enough I freaking love dirty tricks and gouge if used properly. I was able to lock down all 3 healers with great use of sap, blind, gouge, and stuns. (Our team won the bg since their dps just flopped around with no healz) Just a note though I never played rated so it might be different there. But here, I just love the amount of cc, warrior charges you? Gouge, he pops berserk, Between the Eyes, If he trinkets it gouge again. It's just flipping amazing how much control their is. Even other rogue classes it seems super easy to down them on outlaw, especially destroying their burst, since gouge is a really low cd you can pop it near twice on subs shadow dances, and with blind and gouge on different DRs you can destroy an assassins vendetta burst. I know it's not for everyone but that's just my opinion on it. Just seems like the amount of control Outlaw has is overlooked. And since it is a thread state your opinion on Outlaw, I'd like to see why everyone's hating on it currently.Bandandron25 4d
4d BfA Mut Talent Build ? Just got access last night to BfA beta ? - If you've got access, what talents are you using for a poison build that plays close to live? I'm going to work on training dummy later today to get a feel for the spec but want to get a baseline build to start leveling. Thanks!Lesud8 4d
4d Best combat ally on Argus So I've been using Raenholdt and worked perfectly on Broken Shore elites reducing to 10% life elite warden bosses, sometimes not that much but still half his life it's something really useful. On Argus it doesn't seem to work that fine or at all, I used it on a gold mob and it did 5 or 10% life at most. I get it wont work on those elite silver mobs but this one was just a miniboss golden dragon not silver. So I'm thinking on switching combat ally, tried Vanessa in the past and I don't like her too much except for the stuns which I don't think it will work against elite mobs, plus she doesn't do any damage. Garona seems nice but she doesn't seem to proc too much often. Shaw is good for playing Sub but im sin now. I heard Voss is crap too, low damage and no utility. So which combat ally are you guys using on Argus?Nekrosia15 4d
5d yay for smokebomb but where is my mortal wound type effect? mortal strike? sinster strike applies it? come on give outlaw the ability! if not a mortal wound effect, give us back armor penetration! which would make the description fit. toe to toe...Ryck4 5d
5d Help Leveling Rogue from 100-110? Hello, I have not played WoW in Ages. I have a level 100 Rogue that has been collecting dust that I had gotten back in the Events before legion. I'm considering leveling him from 100-110 but I asked around on Discord for some idea's on a easy spec where I can just take mobs down one by one and not have much downtime... People started to suggest I play another class, etc. So either Rogues are really broken or people clearly never played them. So what do you recommend spec wise for Rogue and are they decent at solo PvE/Grinding. I plan on unlocking most of the Legion Content with the character. Also is the class getting any massive overhauls in bfa?Discharge3 5d
5d outlaw: why is my damage in BGs... poo poo? I mean don't get me wrong, I feel fine in BGs. I'm locking down kills all day long. But with high effort, I find it difficult to rise above middle of the pack when it come to damage output.Arri19 5d
5d outlaw rogue interrupt how doyou interrupt a spell by a big boss that can't be cc'dKawaiiprynce2 5d
6d Outlaw Thunderfury Skin Is this done come expansion time? :(Swilson11 6d
6d So This Just Happened... https://imgur.com/USIXNON So, I'm a Sub Rogue, and I have SD and Pickpocket bound to the same key, just one on the regular bar and the other on the stealth bar. Over the course of Legion, whenever I try to do the DfA into SD thing, I tend to accidentally pickpocket and transform into some pretty funny stuff. However, uh, this one probably can't be topped.Steellotus0 6d
6d pick pocket hey I just want to throw out there that legion pick pocket was a vast improvement over wod's. looking forward to more pockets in BFARyck9 6d
Jun 12 Seeking Knowledgeable Rogue Hello everyone, I am working on launching a website for casual players who want to step towards becoming an informed raider. As a guild we have done this for the last year, and its extremely rewarding. Due to this, the guild is working together to put a website online that will teach Add-ons, Raiding, and also provide simplistic class guides written by players with experience. One of our current issues is that we do not have an active Rogue for writing guides for the three specs. Our guides are simplistic, opinioned, and to the point, and we're looking for someone who is interested in joining our contributors. While most of our contributors are in guild, there is no need to join our guild, and you will obviously be credited. Reply here, or find me on Proudmoore if you'd like to discuss. Thanks for your time, I'm hoping to find someone who is knowledgeable about all three rogue specs. You do not need to be a mythic raider, as this site will be for Casual players through heroic raid Content. However, we are looking for someone with access to Beta. Thanks guys!Divïde4 Jun 12
Jun 11 Why Outlaw Matters It doesn’tAstrylan9 Jun 11
Jun 11 Tricks of Our Trade: Jealous of Sargy's beard ... Most of our toys are now dead, right? No need to keep that chain of stuff going any farther.Andrraste442 Jun 11
Jun 11 LF ROGUES PVP lf a Rogue duo or more to just enjoy some classic PVP with.Subz1 Jun 11
Jun 11 sub stealth animation for all rogue specs can we have something like it for the other specs, blizz? also would like to keep 0 fall damage, it's fun jumping off mountains.Scabieface4 Jun 11
Jun 10 Combo Points on nameplates Is there an add-on that will display combo points on default name plates. I do not like tidyplates or having to have my resource bar under my char. Thanks in advance. If someone has a solution I’d really appreciate it.Mimetic5 Jun 10
Jun 10 Assass - Opener and rotation, what do I do? I recently got this alt to 110, I'm sitting at about a day played. I've looked at various guides and sites like Ravenholdt, Icy-veins, videos etc and I've read conflicting things, most things I've read don't even apply to my gear level (no tier, bad legendaries) and don't even mention anything for not having the shoulders as far as an opener. I'd like to think I'm familiar with most of the mechanics, IE keep envenom up time as high as possible, rupture up time high as possible, surge of toxin's up time, garrote etc etc. I know my gear isn't optimal by any means, but I feel like I should be doing more damage. But my biggest thing is I have no idea what to do for my opener, I've tried a few different things with different results. Some things I've read say use kingsbane then toxic blade right after, other's toxic blade first then kingsbane after, others kingsbane, hold toxic to get max effect of kingsbane's last 9secs etc. My question for the opener would be just what the hell is correct for not having legendary shoulders? My next question is do I just use kingsbane/toxic blade on CD? If say toxic blade is just off CD and kingsbane is 5-7 seconds away, do I hold toxic blade, and if I do, do I hold it for the last ~10 seconds of the kingsbane dot or just use it directly after? Same thing in reverse for kingsbane off CD, toxic 5-6 seconds out. I do have some logs, I'm sitting between 80-95% for my ilvl, so I can see I'm doing some things right, but definitely doing some things wrong. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FXKGbWrBcdgay7Nj I appreciate any help, thanks!Seldagony2 Jun 10
Jun 10 Saber Slash glitch Why does meh rogue glitch every time I saber slash? It's like he's feigning before every strike. Stop trying to make rogue so complicated. Just stop it.Allanon1 Jun 10
Jun 10 Searching for an old Machinima There once was this Rogue sitting on a stool inside a famous old town Stormwind bar and along comes a Warlock after some major patch that apparently had hit the Rogue mighty hard with a nerf that effected their ability to gank others with ease. One of the lines I could recall was, "Wait are you serious? before busting into tears laughing!" Anyhow had searched for weeks without luck and was wondering if any Rogue here might remember such a nerf to your class? Or do you recall the youtube video? This could shorten my search results. I can also recall there had been lots of laughter in the Stormwind bar at the time coming from other npc's. It was a machinima most Rogues would rather put behind them but it was also worth to watch. Thanks in advance.Icelock4 Jun 10