Rogue

Jul 12 Rogue Leveling FAQ (7.x) Updated: 12/17/16 for 7.x. This FAQ is for new rogues. It is full of simplifications and generalizations. The focus is on optimal leveling speed and viability. This is not how things will work for end game pve/pvp. Be sure to read though the notes, as I've tried to explain major exceptions and caveats. Bold/underline is direct question answer. But, as you will see, many choices can not be made in a vacuum. If any class is about experimentation and situational planning, the rogue class is and to fully understand the class, you will need to think this way as well. If you'd like, you can join the Ravenholdt discord server to chat with other rogues here: https://discord.gg/gPv7ag2 Or you can contact me on twitter or email. Twitter/Gmail: wavefunctionpAeriwen402 Jul 12
Jun 19, 2017 Roguedom: Common Rogue Q's & A's (Last updated July 20, 2018.) Raiding. Gear. Stats. Secrecy. Poison. Murder. Deceit. There's so much to know about being a rogue! What's a pirate-spy-ninja-sassin to do? Nothing. You're screwed. You'll never be any good. Oh! Sorry; force of forum habit -- I meant the opposite of that. Whether you're new to the class or a grizzled veteran, there's always more to learn about playing a rogue. In this thread, I’ll do my best to answer commonly asked questions on a range of rogue topics. At present I'm keeping this thread focused on end-game PvE questions only (i.e., primarily raid-relevant stuff). If you've got any suggestions, Q's you'd like to see A'd, corrections or general death threats, feel free to post in this thread, flip me the bird at @SvelteKumquat or email me at sveltekumquat@gmail.com. I look forward to completely ignoring your heartfelt messages.Rfeann230 Jun 19, 2017
Feb 3, 2017 Jo's Compendium of Mutilating: Seeya in 7.0! DISCLAIMER: This guide is outdated currently! It will likely not be updated until a few weeks after Legion launches. Until then, I will be changing things over time, so don't be surprised if things don't make sense! The tell all guide to assist you in plunging two daggers into the heart of Archimonde! Learn how to maximize your defense! Be the envy of the other melee in the raid! Live through extreme damage! Pull more burst than ever before! Be the prize member of your raid team! (Warning: Do not attempt any of the practices in this guide unless you are an Assassination spec'd Rogue!) ~Changelog~ 10/16/14 - The Iron Tide crashes into Azeroth! Made my first pass at updating the guide for the new patch and decorated the hidden gumdrops with spikes of iron and bone. 10/18/14 - Herped my derp and missed some things with the 6.0.2 patch update, changed the stat section. Began the Great Changelog Purge to prevent having the changelog become half the guide. 10/22/14 - Found more missed parts of the guide, mostly wording to things that aren't around anymore like profession bonuses. Updated gem section and some talent descriptions. 11/10/14 - Updated rotation section to reflect the pandemic changes affecting Envenom. 11/14/14 - Started updating the guide for Warlords of Draenor. 11/17/14 NEW N' TASTY! Finished updating to level 100 Warlords. Combined enchant and gem section, eliminated some outdated wording, added new glyph recommendations, added new talent tier, reworked stat priorities, changed rotation guidelines and covered everything in a delicious Lemon Zest. Removed Herobrine. 11/19/14 - Made some changes to the 100 talent tier section. and expanded on the rotation section to accommodate for Shadow Reflection. 11/21/14 - Changed the enchant recommendations, elaborated more on multi-target section. Released the Molten Corgis. 12/02/14 - Expanded on the rotation section. 01/06/15 - It's a new year! Finally got off my lazy butt and updated example fights for talent descriptions. Also updated the enchantment section. 01/17/15 - Added a paragraph on Vanish and Premeditation into the rotation section, expanded on Vendetta section. Changed some syntax and grammar choices. Removed all parasprites and sent them back to the Everfree Forest. 02/02/15 - BRF OR BUST! Began updating the guide for Blackrock Foundry. Lamented that 'Blackrock n' Roll' doesn't fit as the new tag line. 02/19/15 - Stopped being lazy and updated enchant section to reflect Shattered Hand losing value. 02/25/15 - Updated Leeching Poison for the new changes in 6.1. Removed Herobrine. Or added. I forget at this point. 03/02/15 - Updated the foreword section with another communication option. 06/29/15 - Patch time! Started updating the guide for 6.2: Fury of Hellfire. 09/3/15 - I'm still alive! Finished updates for 6.2... Almost three months after the patch came out. Changed references to Premeditation to Preparation. 04/27/16 - Since there's very likely to be no update until Legion, I had some fun with the title. Compendium of Mutilating 1. Your Initiation - Foreword (J1): 2. Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2): 3. Your Build - Talents and Glyphs (J3): 4. Your Gear - Stats, Enchanting and Gemming (J4): 5. Your Cunning - Common Tips, Tricks and Strategems (J5): 6. Your Victory - Afterword (J6): ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your Initiation - Foreword (J1) The first spec on your left, Assassination has classically been a bit of an oddball spec. Originally following the same path as the Arcane spec for Mages, in the early days of the old talent point system, most Rogues only ventured into the tree for Seal Fate, a talent that gave extra combo points on critical combo point generating moves like Backstab and Sinister Strike, or for Cold Blood, a now deprecated talent that used to ensure a critical strike on your next ability. As it went through expansions it slowly began to gain traction until Cataclysm, when Assassination was able to hold it's own against the other two specs. Now, Assassination is as competitive, if not more so, than Combat and Sub. The rotation is simple and requires less management than the other two specs and pulls exceptional numbers. Assassination has come a long way from it's origins. This compendium will help you identify common Rogue terms, maximize your gear, talents and glyphs, and perfect your strategy in raid encounters during patch 6.0.3: Warlords of Draenor. Most of the advice in this guide will focus on preparing you for Blackrock Foundry (Which releases on February 2nd.) but should apply just as well to previous raid tiers and other content. If you have any questions or suggestions, please, feel free to leave them in a reply to this thread! I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I also have a Twitter! Just send a tweet to @JoTheRogue to chat! ... Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2) Common Terms AP - Attack Power Crit - Critical Strike Rating Mastery - Mastery Rating Multi - Multistrike Rating Vers - Versatility Haste - Haste Rating CD - Cooldown GCD - Global Cooldown Common Assassination Abilities and Abbreviations (Stuff that should be on your bars) Mutilate (Mut) Dispatch Marked for Death (MfD) Shuriken Toss (Toss) Rupture (Rup) Garrote Cheap Shot (CS) Kidney Shot (KS) Envenom Slice and Dice (SnD) Recuperate (Recup) Shadowstep (Step) Burst of Speed (BoS) Sprint Deadly Poison Leeching Poison Crippling Poison (Crip) Gouge Blind Kick Feint Evasion Combat Readiness Stealth Vanish Fan of Knives (FoK) Crimson Tempest (Tempest) Vendetta Smoke Bomb Cloak of Shadows (Cloak, CloS) Sap Venom Rush (Rush, VR, Lemon Zest) Shadow Reflection (SR) Death from Above (DfA) Non-Assassination Abilites and Abbreviations (Things that can't be on your bars, for reference) Hemorrhage (Hemo) Backstab (BS) Shadow Dance (ShD) Sinister Strike (SS) Blade Flurry (Flurry, BF) Killing Spree (Spree) Revealing Strike (RS) Adrenaline Rush (AR)Jokaste264 Feb 3, 2017
Nov 1, 2016 Shadow Dance and the Stealth Bar We’ve been reading all of the feedback throughout beta regarding Shadow Dance and the desire to have it use the “Stealth action bar.” To get right to the point, after an upcoming hotfix, Subtlety Rogues will find that Shadow Dance swaps their main action bar to the alternate bar that is used while in Stealth. For a bit of context on the late change to our thinking on this: we rarely allow automatic functionality (such as action bar swaps, or macros) to choose between core damage abilities on the player’s behalf. We believe it’s important that the player has to make those choices themselves. The Rogue Stealth bar has always been a minor exception to this, but for many years, the Stealth bar was only active for the single ability you used to open a combat, and was not seen again for the duration of combat (other than with Vanish). The ability to bind your openers to the same buttons as your rotational abilities was a convenience that didn’t affect your use of abilities in combat. However, the new Shadow Dance (and to a lesser extent Subterfuge), has resulted in some Rogues regularly using openers during combat, as elements of their rotation. In this case, the Stealth bar changes from a minor convenience that lets you place once-per-combat buttons on more convenient keybinds, to actually making regular, mid-combat decisions for you. That said, after following the ongoing discussions and carefully considering your feedback, we understand the desire for consistency with other abilities that allow Stealth-only actions. Given the gray area that Shadow Dance is in, and the widespread feedback that using the Stealth bar would be more consistent and intuitive, we’ve decided to go ahead and allow Shadow Dance to once again swap your main action bar. This hotfix is scheduled to live with weekly restarts in each region. A few details for players who use macros to further manage their buttons: Shadow Dance will be treated similarly to Subterfuge for the purposes of macro conditionals. It will not activate [stealth], but it will activate [stance:2]. If you want to make a macro that mimics the behavior of the main bar (i.e. swapping when you have any of Stealth, Vanish, Subterfuge, or Shadow Dance), you can use the macro conditional [bonusbar:1].Ornyx127 Nov 1, 2016
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Rogues: Please Read! Welcome to the Rogue forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the rogue class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
25s WTS 355 BOE Self-Rotating Dagger of Xing Hi everyone, title says it all. I'm tich horde but I'm willing to server xfer if the price is right. Looking for 900k (For Xfer) and 600k if you are from Tich. Let me know!Twottle4 25s
30m Outlaw is best for BFA PvP, why? Can somebody explain why a lot of people are saying Outlaw will be the best PvP spec in BFA? Even Xaryu, who's one of the best PvP players out there has said Outlaw is looking like the best.Rampaged29 30m
46m Rate that transmog - goin into bfa with style Other thread filled. Lets see what everyones rocking into bfa!Devieverx303 46m
1h Weapon master vs find weakness Seeing how the blade in the shadows Azerite trait can stack, how do you guys feel about weapon master? For both pvp and pve?Coolwhhip2 1h
1h Rogues Feel Weak Compared To Others About to ding 120 now and did quested it all. The whole time while questing and killing mobs I'd watch classes of same level and in a lot of cases levels below me face roll mobs and kill them probably 3 to 4 times faster than I can. DKs, Warriors, Pallys, didn't matter. While I was working on 1 mob they'd have 2 maybe 4 down already. Mind you my rotations are fine I topped dps charts in pve and played over 2k in arena... so it's not like I don't know what I am doing. Anyone else agree... rogue dps just seems a bit behind other classes?Roydne45 1h
2h Rogues damage/survivability isn't there Why are rogue's so weak compared to other class's? I'm 334 ilvl, did all the mythics, my damage is around 7-8k as combat with good rolls its above 10k, but when i go to pvp, assas damage isn't there, i get destroyed fast, sub damage is alright at best, but again one warrior stun or pally stun and they can get me from 100% to 10%, even if they are a fresh 120.Numlöck18 2h
2h Tricks of the Trade issues Sorry if someone else already brought this up, but is anyone having issues using tricks? My macro, which i've been using for years, and the ability itself from the spell page both tell me "invalid target". It only started a day or two ago. Not sure what's up.Oath2 2h
2h am i the ONLY one who hates RTB FFS all i here is ever rogue saying they hate rtb on the forums and in game...but blizz chose to keep it wtf???...and i feel like some developer at blizz thats in control of this has ptsd from rogues ganking him and hate us all so he wont change anything with crap rngCánti21 2h
3h Sin vs Sub I just started playing rogue and I know I don't wanna play outlaw, but I'm torn between assassination or subtlety. I haven't tried subtlety yet. Been playing assassination and love just dotting things up. Can someone give me a quick rundown of how the two specs differ in play style?Wîdow13 3h
3h Things you miss that you member? I member when I could disarm traps.Artifice49 3h
3h Fathoms deck for us? Hey guys/gals how do you feel about fathoms deck for rogue? Is it worth the gold for us? Debating on dropping the money for it tonight after work.Vampyro3 3h
4h BR or KS in Dungeons? Blade Rush seems to be a nice AOE option for clearing trash. It gives you a 45-sec CD AOE on top of making Blade Flurry stronger. However, I really feel like I’m missing out on the strong ST damage that KS brings against bosses. Which one is the better talent for M+?Remnirath0 4h
4h Roll the bones bug? I think i have come accross a bug with roll the bones. When i try to reroll OFF true bearing i get it again, and again wasting 15 cp in total. It seems to be happening waaay too often and i never get triple of any other buff except our WORST by far. Anyone else having this happen? Honestly happening so much i had to come here and again, not happening to any other buff. I wish RP or GM would triple roll but they dont :( Tl;dr True bearing is triple rolling more often than not and i think its a bug.Mercader4 4h
4h Am I playing Outlaw correctly? I've seen a few guides, but my DPS as a fresh 120 (ilvl 295), even in trash pulls feels a bit off. - Trying to prioritize Haste and Vers. - RtB until 2 buffs, unless I get Grand Melee or the Crit buff. - Blade Rush on cooldown. In AoE, I'll wait for a Blade Furry charge to be ready. - BtE goes into the rotation if I have the crit buff or the Deadshot trait. - Saving Deadshot for a Pistol Shot proc. - MfD in dungeons. - Adrenaline Rush on cooldown. My single target is only like 5k at best. My AoE dps doesn't feel too high either compared to some classes. It's only a little higher. I can't queue for Heroics, so I'm stuck with Normals for a bit. I get that there's a sclaing issue, I do, but some of these low levels are doing more DPS than I'd think. A 110-115 Rogue doing twice my DPS in Details is understandable. So I'm not too concerned with that. That said, in my last run, I was only out DPS'ing a hunter. Which, while that feels good, this hunter was running through every trash pack and had no idea what it was doing, so I can't be too happy. I'd link my Armory, but I just name changed and it's being weird. If it fixes, I'll post on it. All in all, I do like the concept of this class and spec, I'm just looking to improve.Shadowz11 4h
6h Can we please have Catlike Reflexes back? Please?? It was the best part of Legion.Murlocsoup61 6h
8h Honest Review Assasination Let me preface this by saying, I am not complaining. I am addressing valid issues that I have observed over playing the first week of launch for BFA intensely, clearing all mythic content, and acquiring an item level far beyond the competition. I would also like to quickly address the non-productive comments such as: you don't know how to play your class, rogues aren't meant to be a one shot class, you need to utilize your CC rather than raw dmg, or any other comment about my skills or play style that you have no knowledge of. I played above 2.2k+ in WotLK, but on an older account. I just returned to WoW during the BFA prepatch some 8 years later and was able to grind back up to 2k rating in 3v3 within 2 weeks. I got hot streak and hotter streak during this time and the entire thing is actually on my twitch channel if youre really that stubborn. These achievements are not as good as my previous account, but still very much and accomplishment and hopefully a token to verify that playing at 2.2k is a truthful statement. Let's get started, let's be productive, and let's share our opinions to formulate a stimulating post that I believe blizzard needs to see I believe, with the exception to outlaw, this will apply mostly to rogues as a whole, but I would like to be clear. This is addressing assassination rogues ONLY and almost entirely to PVP. The PVE for assassination I would say is quite fair and gear dependent. I pull around 7.5k dps at the end of a single target boss fight and usually finish 2nd on the chart. The issue is PVP. As stated before, I know how to PVP on my rogue. I have been taking fights with many classes around the world (world pvp is excellent btw Blizz GG) and enemies with 56k health are taking me down to 5% hp or lower, while I have 100.4k hp. This has been the outcome of many encounters. Woah, I used a personal experience, before all the trolls start licking their chops let me bring this back to an objective viewpoint again. The core issue, in my opinion, is the overall damage output of assassination. Utilizing all the rogues abilities is great, it actually gives you about 20 seconds or longer where you are remaining around 75% hp. So what kind of damage were you able to put onto your opponent in that time? With 100% up time on bleeds, utilizing an on-use trinket for about 15k extra dmg, and properly using vendetta for maximum damage, almost any class will be around 50% hp remaining. At this point, a blind/re-stealth or vanish if not dotted or bleeding seems to be the deciding factor of surviving the encounter or eventually dying. The newly developing issue here is that with maybe a cloak remaining and a crimson vial or feint coming off cool down, the rogues tool belt is empty. It is more or less a DPS race at this point for the rogue and here is where it all just falls apart.... in seconds. Other classes are hitting for like 45k... I'm talking about classes with 60k hp who hit level 120 as they discovered the zone 26 seconds ago while wandering around looking at how stinking good your game looks with the enhanced resolution now. So once your cds are gone and you have re stealthed and opened, you are left with empty pockets waiting to receive 45k torrential blows which take this 30second or longer fight to about a screeching hault in about 5 seconds. Again, the rogues damage up until this point has been easily recovered and mitigated by the opponent and when the dps race starts your damge will not magicly become competitive either. It starts weak, it ends weak. So what does everyone else think? Do you feel Assassination is okay where it is, and I am just delusional or maybe some of you have had experiences that align with mine in ways. I would like to hear feedback from both ends of the spectrum please. If this is perhaps a stat issue, I would just like to say that personally being severly gimped for the X amount of time it will take to grind extrmemly hard to aquire gear to make my class competitive would be an extreme dissapointment to an expansion I have found to be the best EVER in it's brief launch.Critangottv1 8h
9h Bleeds falling off target Let me start by saying that I know Dwarf Racial can remove Bleeds, but today a Lightforged Draenei Holy Priest kept removing my Bleeds, how is that possible? Also, I've noticing lately that some targets (can't remember which ones), my bleeds would suddenly disappear. Question is, is it a bug or somehow these targets are dispeling Bleeds?Jach0 9h
9h DMF Fathoms Any rogues have it? Is it as good as it could be with the price tag? I dont really want to drop the gold to have it replaced in a few weeks.Elchlol7 9h
10h LF Sub rogue help. Hey can anyone give me an Opener, Talents and some tips for Sub. I only play assassin and know nothing about Sub so any help is great thanks (:Zenguina10 10h
11h Outlaw less ST than Sub? Hey there guys. I've just recently changed spec to Outlaw, read up on guides and all, in general I am new to the spec. I was Sub for quite some time,and never touched assa. My question is, is Outlaw really meant to have much less Single target damage than Sub? My dps was much better as Sub in Single target with MUCH lower ilvl. Like 15 ilvl. I just rerolled cause Sub felt clunky despite the big dps but I just attributed that to having bad gear in the start of the X-Pac and with Sub being so reliant on gear. Is it meant to be this way, with outlaw just compensating with cleave? And on a side note, how's the darkmoon treinket for us? Can't seem to find anything on it online. Thanks you guys. :)Gghax9 11h
12h Looking to roll a Rogue alt (possibly) Hey all, I'm thinking of rolling an alt for BfA and was looking at Rogues. I haven't played an alt in many years, Balance Druid has been the only class // role I've played. I haven't touched a Rogue since the Burning Crusade days, so I'm completely out of the loop on what they offer. I was thinking of playing an Outlaw Rogue, the spec looks fun. I'm not a mythic raider, at least I won't be raiding mythic with any alts, so performance isn't a be all end all consideration. What's the outlook for Rogues in BfA?Hifiman3 12h
13h Sin Artifact traits I have a little bit of a dilemma, and I can't decide what to do. I just received an upgrade pair of shoulders from a Mythic; ilvl 340. My current shoulders are 325, but with them it allows me to have 2 pieces with Shrouded Suffocation, which is our BiS trait. The traits from the new piece are garbage. Secrets of the Deep, Sharpened Blades, and Double Dose. Is the upgrade to Agility and Stamina enough to offset the loss of extra bleed damage? Just looking to see how others feel when potentially replacing a slot with a less than ideal set of traits even if it's technically an 'upgrade.'Zughugs5 13h
13h Subtlety: Best Talents for War Mode leveling? Currently I'm running; Find Weakness Shadow Focus Deeper Stratagem Soothing Darkness Prey on the Weak Dark Shadow Secret Technique It's been a long time since I rogued but with BFA out I wanted to spice it up and return to my roots in a sense (This is my oldest character currently). What else is everyone using for WC and such? That's where my mindset is at, running around doing WC and world pvp. Thanks in advanceCrissaegrim14 13h
13h 2x Dagger in the Back? Will having 2 items with DitB increase the uptime or should I use 1 piece with DitB and another item with a different powerful trait?Pepitto4 13h
15h LF that "Sap nearest Target" Macro - PvP I remember back in the day when I use to play rogue I had a macro that I could spam sap and if it ever located a stealthy it would sap them (usually first). Does this macro still exist? If so, what is it? Also, any other useful rogue PvP Macros I should be using? ThanksGotçha14 15h
16h Outlaw rogue sound addon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ_IFwhRG6o https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/old-combat-rogue-soundsKaspurtz0 16h
16h New to sub rogue Hello all, I haven’t played in a while and I am trying to find some information on sub rogue for pvp and pve. If anyone could point me in the right direction for guides and such that would be great. Thanks in advanceAntsurf3 16h
16h Rogue leveling spec? Which spec do you guys think is best?Jordang15 16h
18h spam stealth macro not working? anyone else having a problem with their spammable !Stealth macro saying "spell not learned" in huge red text across the screen? ive been playing for an hour and it was working then all of a sudden apparently i dont know the spell "stealth"? helpBroteins5 18h
18h Rogue Outlook Assassination sucks Sub Sucks Outlaw is OP Outlaw will get nerfed Rogues suck till end of expansion with gear cap. ;_;Boneskulls18 18h
18h Roll the Bones I really want to main a rogue this expansion, I love everything about them except this one awful ability. Will the other specs be better than Outlaw so I don't have to play it (even though I do really love it), or will Slice and Dice be viable at all? I'm really sad because I really don't want to play any other classes this expansion, but I played Rogue last expansion for a long time and I absolutely HATED Roll the Bones, it's why I quit and didn't play much in Legion.Arcelia17 18h
18h Outlaw weapons, swords or daggers? I know outlaw it supposed to use swords, maces, and fist weapons. But, I was throwing on different weapons and with the normalization being what it is, it seems to make no difference what weapon type this spec uses. Damage with equal ilvl weapons had no effect on ability damage, just auto attack obviously. Am I missing something? Main Gauche attack dmg also seems to only be effected by weapon dps and stats, but not type/speedPapapwnzone6 18h
20h Trait stacking isseus Hello im here to ask a question about Assasination Rogue Azerite Trait "Shrouded Suffocation" Shrouded Suffocation: "Garrote cast from Stealth generates 2 additional Combo Points and deals 574 additonal damage". Azerite trait stacking has been a thing since beta, and so far I haven't come across a trait that wasn't stackable until this, but ONLY in live... In beta I had stacked "Shrouded Suffocation"x2 so when I garroted from stealth, I would start the fight with 5 Combo Points 1 From Garrote 2 From Shrouded Suffocation - 1st Trait 2 From Shrouded Suffocation - 2nd Trait On Live... I've tried it again but sadly even the 574 EXTRA damage doesnt stack... Is this a bugged or is it supposed to be like this? Azerite Trait stacking works like this; Example Trait : "gives 10% chance to blahaha" - Helm Trait Example Trait : "gives 10% chance to blahaha" - Shoulder Trait Example Trait : "gives 10% chance to blahaha" - Chest Trait - So in total I would have a "30% Chance to blahaha" This trait is ranked #1 for assasination rogues, due to the fact you stack 2 traits to Garrote & instantly drop a 5 combo point Rupture on your enemys, giving you great multi-target damage, and a great burst in single target situations when paired with "Subterfuge". So my questioin is: Why isn't this stacking? Is it supposed to not stack? Is there a fourm post talking about this already? Makes me feel sad that i FINNALY got my BiS armor sets that had Shrouded suffocation on both chest and shoulders, and when while doing testing I came across this Thank-youGuccimane2 20h
23h Picking Pockets for? Where's the lockboxes for picking pockets? In most x-pacs before WoD there was lockboxes that had a small (very small) chance of dropping epic dagger or sword. WoD and Legion had their own vender for the coins dropped while picking. So far I've picked at least 150-200 pockets from random mobs and gotten only few silver and some junk greys. Anyone know if this is it for pick pocketing in BfA? Hope not.Stabsolutly13 23h
23h Outlaw changes Just out of curiosity, why did they change the outlaw rogue spell names and ect. Like saber slash and run through, and even the pirate themed talents like cannon ball barage? Now its feels more like the old combat rogue theme. Dont get me wrong, I am fine with the changes, but was just wondering what prompted them.Rubydagger14 23h
1d Subterfuge Bug - Sub While leveling I've been getting a bug with subterfuge. Every 3rd or 4th mob my action bar switches immediately to the default, rather than staying the stealth bar as it should. Is anyone else having this issue? Or is it just me and therefore likely an addon issue? I am running bartender addon.Xanatoss0 1d
1d Best Rogue Spec in BFA? Which one is the best?Zolldyk3 1d
1d Blade Flurry Hurts my fingers in Mythics I don't know about anyone else but the constant on off of it is a pain in the !@# and makes my fingers numb!Park10 1d
1d Combo points option Hi. Does anyone know how/where I can change the combo point option back to enemy nameplates? Like how it was before legion... I have tried playing my rogue with the new combo point but I'm just not used to it. Is there a way of changing it..pls help. Thanks.Phebo9 1d
1d Switched from combat to sub Significantly better in every way +Don't have to press the new and improved charge version GCD blade flurry +Consistent AoE throughout dungeons +INSANE single target burst +INSANE cleave +Hardest rouge spec to play, possibly of all classes +Make fun of simple ret pally rotations pulling less dps +Only class with a rotation as satisfying was WoD sub rouge -No Thunderfury weaponsArtoriás4 1d
1d I'm struggling to build my spec.. Hey everyone, Ive been playing a rogue since Vanilla and BFA is the first expansion where I really cant decide which spec I want to run. I find that with Sin it's consistent damage but unless poison bomb is proc'ing all the time it leaves a little to be desired. Outlaw is great but again, unless RTB is giving me the good buffs I'm lacking behind, and Sub is fine, but it's just not for me I guess. If sub was outperforming every other spec by a good chunk I wouldn't play it, I generally just don't enjoy it all that much. What are you guys experiencing right now? Is Outlaw really the way to go for cleave and single target? Thoughts? Thanks all! Much love!Sknknrage2 1d
1d Subtlety Weapons im sure this has been addressed here but i didnt find anything personally. i looted a much higher ilvl/stat axe than the offhand dagger i had. how does the 2.60 weapon speed affect Shadow Techniques? i mainly pvp so im not familiar with any pve addons or the simcraft? things. any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated! thanks!Sícarii6 1d
1d LF Pirate/Buccanner music to level to So far, I've got stuff like: Mastadon - Blood and Thunder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Su1YXQYek and Metallica - Whiskey in the jar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsrvmNtWU4ENayabi3 1d
1d Rotation question, assassination I'm not sure if I should be casting Toxic Blade before or after a 5 point envenom. Does Toxic blade effect poisons that are already on a mob? Or does it only effect poisons after it has been applied? I've looked at different rotations on wowhead and icy veins.. but nothing really says how important it is to use toxic blade before or after envenom, Thanks!Stiletto8 1d
1d Riposte Riposte isn't 100% parry. It's 10 charges of a counter attack that can only occur once every second for 10 seconds. This defensive needs to be re-worked or re-worded. It should give 100% parry and the counter attack can only occur once every second or it needs to work like Earth Shield and have charges. The wording of 100% parry is a lie and only works once every second. Please give us our defensive or make it not a lie. Aspect of the Turtle is a complete negation of new incoming damage (magic and melee or ranged) AND a reduction to existing dots. Why do rogues get less of a defensive for melee or ranged attacks? Cloak of Shadows is a complete negation of existing and newly incoming magic effects. Why is melee or ranged damage reduction not 100% while Riposte is active if a hunter can negate new incoming attacks of all kinds and take 30% less damage from existing dots? I'm ranting, I know, for a class that is supremely strong right now, but the fact that something says 100% but isn't REALLY 100% is misleading for new players and old players alike. So re-work it to have charges like Earth Shield if you're not going to change the wording or fix the problem if the spell is bugged and not giving 100% parry but once every second. Evasion is a complete negation to any melee or ranged attacks as it says 100% dodge. Why is Riposte any different from Evasion when it's active as a parry instead of a dodge? I would be receptive to a removal to the counter attack all together if the defensive actually gave 100% parry. This would make Outlaw differ from Assassination and keep them both unique in the aspect of the already existing difference between the two specializations with the difference in melee and ranged defensive spells (Evasion/Assassination and Riposte/Outlaw)Consigliere9 1d