Rogue

Jul 13 Rogue Leveling FAQ (7.x) Updated: 12/17/16 for 7.x. This FAQ is for new rogues. It is full of simplifications and generalizations. The focus is on optimal leveling speed and viability. This is not how things will work for end game pve/pvp. Be sure to read though the notes, as I've tried to explain major exceptions and caveats. Bold/underline is direct question answer. But, as you will see, many choices can not be made in a vacuum. If any class is about experimentation and situational planning, the rogue class is and to fully understand the class, you will need to think this way as well. If you'd like, you can join the Ravenholdt discord server to chat with other rogues here: https://discord.gg/gPv7ag2 Or you can contact me on twitter or email. Twitter/Gmail: wavefunctionpAeriwen399 Jul 13
Jun 19 Roguedom: Common Rogue Q's & A's (Last updated March 4, 2017.) Raiding. Gear. Stats. Secrecy. Poison. Murder. Deceit. There's so much to know about being a rogue! What's a pirate-spy-ninja-sassin to do? Nothing. You're screwed. You'll never be any good. Oh! Sorry; force of forum habit -- I meant the opposite of that. Whether you're new to the class or a grizzled veteran, there's always more to learn about playing a rogue. In this thread, I’ll do my best to answer commonly asked questions on a range of rogue topics. At present I'm keeping this thread focused on end-game PvE questions only (i.e., primarily raid-relevant stuff). If you've got any suggestions, Q's you'd like to see A'd, corrections or general death threats, feel free to post in this thread, flip me the bird at @SvelteKumquat or email me at sveltekumquat@gmail.com. I look forward to completely ignoring your heartfelt messages.Rfeann230 Jun 19
Feb 3 Jo's Compendium of Mutilating: Seeya in 7.0! DISCLAIMER: This guide is outdated currently! It will likely not be updated until a few weeks after Legion launches. Until then, I will be changing things over time, so don't be surprised if things don't make sense! The tell all guide to assist you in plunging two daggers into the heart of Archimonde! Learn how to maximize your defense! Be the envy of the other melee in the raid! Live through extreme damage! Pull more burst than ever before! Be the prize member of your raid team! (Warning: Do not attempt any of the practices in this guide unless you are an Assassination spec'd Rogue!) ~Changelog~ 10/16/14 - The Iron Tide crashes into Azeroth! Made my first pass at updating the guide for the new patch and decorated the hidden gumdrops with spikes of iron and bone. 10/18/14 - Herped my derp and missed some things with the 6.0.2 patch update, changed the stat section. Began the Great Changelog Purge to prevent having the changelog become half the guide. 10/22/14 - Found more missed parts of the guide, mostly wording to things that aren't around anymore like profession bonuses. Updated gem section and some talent descriptions. 11/10/14 - Updated rotation section to reflect the pandemic changes affecting Envenom. 11/14/14 - Started updating the guide for Warlords of Draenor. 11/17/14 NEW N' TASTY! Finished updating to level 100 Warlords. Combined enchant and gem section, eliminated some outdated wording, added new glyph recommendations, added new talent tier, reworked stat priorities, changed rotation guidelines and covered everything in a delicious Lemon Zest. Removed Herobrine. 11/19/14 - Made some changes to the 100 talent tier section. and expanded on the rotation section to accommodate for Shadow Reflection. 11/21/14 - Changed the enchant recommendations, elaborated more on multi-target section. Released the Molten Corgis. 12/02/14 - Expanded on the rotation section. 01/06/15 - It's a new year! Finally got off my lazy butt and updated example fights for talent descriptions. Also updated the enchantment section. 01/17/15 - Added a paragraph on Vanish and Premeditation into the rotation section, expanded on Vendetta section. Changed some syntax and grammar choices. Removed all parasprites and sent them back to the Everfree Forest. 02/02/15 - BRF OR BUST! Began updating the guide for Blackrock Foundry. Lamented that 'Blackrock n' Roll' doesn't fit as the new tag line. 02/19/15 - Stopped being lazy and updated enchant section to reflect Shattered Hand losing value. 02/25/15 - Updated Leeching Poison for the new changes in 6.1. Removed Herobrine. Or added. I forget at this point. 03/02/15 - Updated the foreword section with another communication option. 06/29/15 - Patch time! Started updating the guide for 6.2: Fury of Hellfire. 09/3/15 - I'm still alive! Finished updates for 6.2... Almost three months after the patch came out. Changed references to Premeditation to Preparation. 04/27/16 - Since there's very likely to be no update until Legion, I had some fun with the title. Compendium of Mutilating 1. Your Initiation - Foreword (J1): 2. Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2): 3. Your Build - Talents and Glyphs (J3): 4. Your Gear - Stats, Enchanting and Gemming (J4): 5. Your Cunning - Common Tips, Tricks and Strategems (J5): 6. Your Victory - Afterword (J6): ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your Initiation - Foreword (J1) The first spec on your left, Assassination has classically been a bit of an oddball spec. Originally following the same path as the Arcane spec for Mages, in the early days of the old talent point system, most Rogues only ventured into the tree for Seal Fate, a talent that gave extra combo points on critical combo point generating moves like Backstab and Sinister Strike, or for Cold Blood, a now deprecated talent that used to ensure a critical strike on your next ability. As it went through expansions it slowly began to gain traction until Cataclysm, when Assassination was able to hold it's own against the other two specs. Now, Assassination is as competitive, if not more so, than Combat and Sub. The rotation is simple and requires less management than the other two specs and pulls exceptional numbers. Assassination has come a long way from it's origins. This compendium will help you identify common Rogue terms, maximize your gear, talents and glyphs, and perfect your strategy in raid encounters during patch 6.0.3: Warlords of Draenor. Most of the advice in this guide will focus on preparing you for Blackrock Foundry (Which releases on February 2nd.) but should apply just as well to previous raid tiers and other content. If you have any questions or suggestions, please, feel free to leave them in a reply to this thread! I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I also have a Twitter! Just send a tweet to @JoTheRogue to chat! ... Your Tools - Common Terms, Abilities and Abbreviations (J2) Common Terms AP - Attack Power Crit - Critical Strike Rating Mastery - Mastery Rating Multi - Multistrike Rating Vers - Versatility Haste - Haste Rating CD - Cooldown GCD - Global Cooldown Common Assassination Abilities and Abbreviations (Stuff that should be on your bars) Mutilate (Mut) Dispatch Marked for Death (MfD) Shuriken Toss (Toss) Rupture (Rup) Garrote Cheap Shot (CS) Kidney Shot (KS) Envenom Slice and Dice (SnD) Recuperate (Recup) Shadowstep (Step) Burst of Speed (BoS) Sprint Deadly Poison Leeching Poison Crippling Poison (Crip) Gouge Blind Kick Feint Evasion Combat Readiness Stealth Vanish Fan of Knives (FoK) Crimson Tempest (Tempest) Vendetta Smoke Bomb Cloak of Shadows (Cloak, CloS) Sap Venom Rush (Rush, VR, Lemon Zest) Shadow Reflection (SR) Death from Above (DfA) Non-Assassination Abilites and Abbreviations (Things that can't be on your bars, for reference) Hemorrhage (Hemo) Backstab (BS) Shadow Dance (ShD) Sinister Strike (SS) Blade Flurry (Flurry, BF) Killing Spree (Spree) Revealing Strike (RS) Adrenaline Rush (AR)Jokaste264 Feb 3
Nov 1, 2016 Shadow Dance and the Stealth Bar We’ve been reading all of the feedback throughout beta regarding Shadow Dance and the desire to have it use the “Stealth action bar.” To get right to the point, after an upcoming hotfix, Subtlety Rogues will find that Shadow Dance swaps their main action bar to the alternate bar that is used while in Stealth. For a bit of context on the late change to our thinking on this: we rarely allow automatic functionality (such as action bar swaps, or macros) to choose between core damage abilities on the player’s behalf. We believe it’s important that the player has to make those choices themselves. The Rogue Stealth bar has always been a minor exception to this, but for many years, the Stealth bar was only active for the single ability you used to open a combat, and was not seen again for the duration of combat (other than with Vanish). The ability to bind your openers to the same buttons as your rotational abilities was a convenience that didn’t affect your use of abilities in combat. However, the new Shadow Dance (and to a lesser extent Subterfuge), has resulted in some Rogues regularly using openers during combat, as elements of their rotation. In this case, the Stealth bar changes from a minor convenience that lets you place once-per-combat buttons on more convenient keybinds, to actually making regular, mid-combat decisions for you. That said, after following the ongoing discussions and carefully considering your feedback, we understand the desire for consistency with other abilities that allow Stealth-only actions. Given the gray area that Shadow Dance is in, and the widespread feedback that using the Stealth bar would be more consistent and intuitive, we’ve decided to go ahead and allow Shadow Dance to once again swap your main action bar. This hotfix is scheduled to live with weekly restarts in each region. A few details for players who use macros to further manage their buttons: Shadow Dance will be treated similarly to Subterfuge for the purposes of macro conditionals. It will not activate [stealth], but it will activate [stance:2]. If you want to make a macro that mimics the behavior of the main bar (i.e. swapping when you have any of Stealth, Vanish, Subterfuge, or Shadow Dance), you can use the macro conditional [bonusbar:1].Ornyx127 Nov 1, 2016
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Rogues: Please Read! Welcome to the Rogue forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the rogue class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1h Please Buff Sub's 4 set already Seriously blizzard, this is ridiculous. You should know a set is bad when base mythic t20 sims nearly the same as heroic t21(despite a 15ilvl difference). We literally scale better doing old content and praying for titanforged tier than doing the current raid. I rarely if ever post here, but this is just silly. Its bad enough that all three rogue specs scale pretty poorly and rather than actually address this issue continue to occasionally aura buff us. Now we get stuck with a raid whose only real valuable upgrades are necks, rings, and other off pieces. I'm not sure what the solution actually could be. The time for any drastic t21 changes seems long gone now. Maybe make part of t20's set bonus baseline and nerf the tier itself so at least sub rogues would be inclined to actually care about getting t21 pieces. Anyways warriors cried about a nerf and got it reverted, so maybe a little crying might actually help.Itstheduke1 1h
2h Assassination Dps and rotation. Aloha, snackbars. I've been having some mixed results with the Assassination opener and the dps it pulls. Granted, I know I'm not the most geared, but after learning that Mastery is my main stat, it's been what I've tried obtaining the most. Typical opener: Garrote > Mutilate to 5 CPs > Vanish + Rupture > Toxic Blade > Kingsbane > Vendetta. Then of course reapply dots as needed. Should I be using Vendetta from the get-go? I remember seeing that it was better to put your dots up and then use Vendetta when you're low on energy. Would that be accurate? I'd appreciate any information or assistance. <3Zughugs37 2h
2h Outlaw even worthwhile? I've been playing outlaw since it came out - don't get me wrong, I really like the spec, but I've certainly been getting discouraged lately. Roll The Bones feels... just, ugh. On paper (use your combo points for a RANDOM number of RANDOM buffs!) and in practice this ability is just a pain. If I don't get an ok buff, I have to keep wasting combo points on RtB, which means DPS usually stays below 1mil. Not to mention the saber slash/pistol shot proc rng on top of it all. I wish I didn't have to keep smacking RtB all the time to get something good; in my eyes, it should be a 1-2 cast then go. Crying aside, are they getting changed anytime soon? I just wanna be a pirate, man.Mitran15 2h
2h Tricks of Our Trade: Jealous of Sargy's beard ... Most of our toys are now dead, right? No need to keep that chain of stuff going any farther.Andrraste29 2h
3h 404 love not found Well. No further changes for sin this week. Are you comfortable where we are? Is the spread good enough for the ol' blizz standards, where they leave a class dead for an entire raid tier? Whose rerolled alrdy?Snkyassassin0 3h
4h !@# question If not using at set items and using nightstalker . Should I vanish and use garrote or rupture ?Tigy3 4h
4h vanish not working in antorus second week As title states, reloaded ui, also wrote a macro for it. Not sure what's going on. Anyone have a solution?Msfurrybutt0 4h
5h Outlaw Rogues & Mastery I'm surprised this hasn't come up with all the negativity regarding Outlaw right now but I think the main underlying problem is that Mastery is a broken stat for us whereas with !@#/Sub mastery one of their highest priories. A little tough to balance gear for 3 specs when Main Gauche is a detriment to the class. Gearing up an outlaw rogue means completely re-prioritizing your gear. I have two sets of gear i try to carry at all times called "ilvl" and "actually good" because most of the rogue drops i've been getting have very high mastery, if not for the way BG's work it would be completely broken... I've heard endless gripes about RTB and how its RNG, but with a little technique you can get around that. Yea, I agree, hook should be baseline and RTB should be a talent rather than SND. But I don't think Blizzard can fix the Outlaw rogue until they re-work mastery.... Just my 2 cents.Mobius6 5h
5h Lets talk dagger transmogs While the artifact appearances are amazing, I have been experimenting with some of the other appearances in my inventory and would like to hear what other appearances are your favorites.Macreturn12 5h
6h Rate the Rogue Mog Above You: Part X Because we all know there's been so many, but yeah, what better way to come back from a 9 month break than to start this?Tapion53 6h
7h Magic Rogues So, this is very likely a topic that has been discussed somewhere in the past which I can't find. I did find a youtube post with the answer "nobody knows", but still I think it's a fun topic. Do rogues cast spells? They appear to, and although it sounds like shadow magic in the descriptions, as rogues draw from the shadows or something a rather, but I'm pretty sure that it's not shadow magic that rogue's use, as none of the spells are at all similar to other caster's abilities. Is it a separate power type from the rest? and how would something like that fit into the lore? There's the Skyrim approach where you worship a special assassin god which gives you magics. Would it be like that? Maybe the player is a unique character now, I mean the game leans it's self to you being a specific character who plays major parts in the lore as a known hero. And maybe as a unique character you have learn't something that no one else really knows? But then other thieves and assassins in the world occasionally use similar looking spells. Maybe it's all smoke and mirrors, Maybe rogues are spell casters of the illusionist type, which is something no other player casters delve into in the game, then it would likely be arcane magic. Hunter's used to be casters, and so i'm less confused there about some of their magics, which seems to be a mix between mechanical and druidic, but druid stealth is different from hunters currently, who's stealth is like rogue stealth.. Maybe that suggests that rogues are using druid magics when stealthing? :P I know that's just a gameplay thing but it could be interesting to see that tied up a bit better, where druid stealth looks like hunter stealth and rogues magical lore is filled in. It seems silly but it would tie things up a bit better lol I'm just theory crafting here, it's fun to do.Clarevie6 7h
7h Kin'garoth and DfA As sub - DfA Kin'garoth is a pain in the @ss. I thought it would be similar to the last boss in EoA where you can stop the movement of DfA by hitting at max range. I was wondering how other sub rogues deal with this? I have been having to hold my DfA during times of the beam and the Forging Strike, since DfA places me in front of the boss everytime.Bubbsz4 7h
9h Outlaw T21 RTB Bracers or Raven? I need help figuring out with lego will be better for Outlaw Roll the Bone spec. I have the 3p so far, I am probably going to the 4p real soon. Look at the 4p Bonus, I am leaning towards Raven to Spam Saber and Run through because of the proc is unaffected by Blunderbuss and pistol shot. OR is the 4p with Raven strictly only for Slice and Dice? Please provide any suggests. Thank you fellow Outlaw Stars.Shinobistorm9 9h
10h Outlaw the new meme spec? I have a ton of alts and this is by far the biggest let down dps wise, first class in a raid setting that deals less than 1mil dps at 930+ ilvlSanchito31 10h
11h T21 is just garbage sub T21 is just garbage for sub...This is the truth..... no matter what combo i do of t21(4pc, t21 4pc+t20 2pc, t20 4pc+t21 2pc, 2pc t21+t20 2pc) nothing comes close to my current t20 set up except the 2+2 setup. Its only about 3-4k behind my current setup. But thats with 930-935 t20 items and 945-950 t21... with those ilvls the set bonuses should be pulling ahead but they arent because the set bonuses are garbo.....Silntdeath4 11h
11h Can we start worrying yet? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17/Matcauthon17 11h
11h Whats the best horde race for rogue Read the title lol.Maini12 11h
14h Abilities That Should Be Unpruned Premeditation Preparation Shadow Walk Smokebomb Shiv Gouge Garrote Hemorrhage Rupture Slice and Dice Poisons And most of all FIND WEAKNESS Make this spec play like a Subtlety Rogue again please, not this retarded melee shadow magician.Overpruned23 14h
18h Rogues - Garbage in BGs Rogues very rarely, if ever, top damage meters in BGs. Other classes have better front end damage, little ramp-up. Rogues have pitiful passive dmg mitigation. Rogues should be kings of dmg, with little dmg migitation. But the opposite is true. Other classes with a lot better dmg mitigation do far more damage than lowly rogues. Let's not talk about duels.Rabbitpunch36 18h
1d PVP what spec? Hey guys know it’s been asked a lot. But with all the changes to specs what’s the top spec for pvp right now? I am leveling a rogue right now and wanna level the spec I’ll be using at end game. Thank you all in advance :)Magilou2 1d
1d Noob pvp question So does envenom need to be stacked at 5 every time? I watched some players and it looked like it was mutilate, envenom, mutilate, envenom, mutilate, envenom evenom so on and so forthZingfer3 1d
1d Conflicted between Sin and Sub... I love Sub's playstyle, it's bursty and fun and engaging and everything I want in my gameplay. I stopped playing Sin after all these years because I'm frankly sick and tired of playing a spec where I babysit DoTs all day. But... Sin's focus on Poisons is the only thing left among our specs that makes me feel definitively Rogue. Poisons were our whole thing, man. I don't feel "complete" outside of Assassination. Anyone feel me?Malefic0 1d
1d LOW damage Assassin Rogue PvP? Anyone else experiencing this issue? I like the user friendly playability and style of the Assassin Rogue for PvP..... HOWEVER....my Damage is freaking way low for PvP. Unacceptably low!!! I swapped over to sub just for experimenting purpose. Only played sub for like 2 days, had next to NO CLUE WTF I was doing (just spamming shadow dance, shadow strikes, and cheap shots into Eviscerates) and my damage was nearly double. My issue is that I don't really enjoy or like SUB rogue, I just want to be able to keep competitive Damage as Assassin in PvP and I can't in my favorite Assassin spec. Anyone else having LOW damage as Assassin in PvP? What to do when you can't make your preferred favorite spec have enough damage to be competitive? Is it me or the spec?Verminator21 1d
1d Would you still recommend Rogue? I'm looking for a new main for BFA. I was thinking about waiting till the new patch hits so I can level one up from scratch with the new lovely lvling system. Do you think blizzard will improve the current state of rogues? I know they aren't too hot right now. (PvE wise) I really can't seem to find a class I can get into-- sell me on the rogue. Why do you guys still play one?Zivern16 1d
1d Still no Cloak. The cloak was the first legendary I wanted. I wanted to be able to run through dungeons fast... Well, I got 11 of 12 possible drops and STILL NO CLOAK. So lame all the dead legendary drops, there is no point for having them in the game.Brutain9 1d
1d How to move with mouse as a rogue ? g'day all, could you pls advise if what Im doing makes sense ? mouse for changing camera angle strafe left - Q strafe right - E forward - W auto run - middle button (mouse) Im using razer naga chroma and using all 12 buttons on the mouse. I use tab key for targeting, is there a better add on for this ? Im using dominos add on for action bar utilising. any feedback appreciated.Lufless2 1d
1d Feral druid or rogue? What's better? I'm looking for a new class to main.Devodil5 1d
1d Discussion of Subtlety's Playstyle in Legion Hello, everyone. I want this thread to be a discussion of the playstyle differences between pre-Legion and Legion Subtlety. I'm going to lay out the things I do and do not like about the current incarnation, what I want to stay in the future, and what I want to be brought back. I will be speaking purely about playstyle and spec fantasy, not about numbers or dps. I'll start with the things I like about current Sub. I like the emphasis on shadow magic. I've always had a sort of headcanon that rogues utilized shadow magic for abilities such as Stealth, Shadowstep, etc. Gloomblade in particular strikes me as an intersting, practical ability for Sub rogues, as it allows them to bypass their foes' armor, which is exactly what a bursty assassin would use. All in all, I do prefer the old theme of bleeds and poisons, but I am fine with the shift more toward shadow magic. Additionally, I am pleased with Crimson Vial overall. It gives roughly the same amount of healing as Recuperate did, but in a shorter burst instead of a prolonged duration. I do miss Recuperate out of nostalgia, but it was just another buff in a sea of other buffs and debuffs we had to maintain. I am fine with having one less mechanic to manage. Now I'll get into the things I'm not too fond of. I think Subtlety was overly dumbed down in Legion. The massive decrease in complexity was a bad decision. Prior to Legion, Subtlety was, perhaps, the most challenging spec in the game, and for good reasons. It was a wonderful balance of guerilla-style attacks, buff management, bleeds/poisons, and custom burst windows that all came together in a grand symphony of gameplay. The skill ceiling was very high, but it was majestic and fun if played correctly. You were required to carefully plan and be two steps ahead of your opponent(s) before engaging. I miss the high complexity/high reward playstyle Sub used to have. Find Weakness in particular was a very fun mechanic to weave into the gameplay. It further emphasized the idea of finding ways to re-enter Stealth for custom burst windows. I use the word "custom" because you had a lot of different methods for re-entering stealth and reapplying Find Weakness: Shadow Dance, Vanish, Preparation + Vanish, and manual restealths. Premeditation was a nice ability for the purpose of planning out your offensive. I liked being able to use it and buff myself before I even left Stealth, so I could hit the ground running as soon as I began my attack. I'm on the fence about Slice and Dice. I liked how it integrated well into the gameplay by granting you an attack speed buff and also increasing your energy regeneration. However, I understand that Sub was rather button bloated and SnD was a part of the reason why. I did not mind the button bloat much in this case, as Sub was all about managing a lot of things at once, but I get how many players may have been alienated by the sheer volume of mechanics to keep up. I am also on the fence about the removal of poisons. I enjoyed the feel of applying debilitating effects to my enemies because of them. I feel Crippling Poison definitely should return, as it is a much more consistent slow than Nightblade. Wound Poison also provided excellent utility. However, if they decide to stick with the shadow magic theme, perhaps they could implement an ability where we coat our daggers in some kind of harmful shadowy substance, which would basically have the same effects as poisons. Either way, I would like for poison effects to return in some form. I think the removal of Gouge was also too much. Subtlety was meant to be the control spec, and Gouge was a substantial part of our CC toolkit. This is a prime example of ability pruning going too far. I especially do not like Shadow Dance becoming a regular part of our rotation. It functioned much better as a true burst cooldown that we had to set ourselves up for. It took strategy to be able to weave it into our rotations correctly and I miss the strategy aspect of it. In terms of aesthetics, I prefer Rupture to Nightblade. A heavy bleed effect just felt more impactful than infecting our target with shadow energy, although this is not a true playstyle complaint. In conclusion, I think Subtlety was overly pruned and dumbed down. The skill ceiling was greatly lowered and I see this as a grave detriment to the spec at large. It was arguably the hardest spec in the game to play and it was incredibly fun and rewarding if played correctly. I think it should return to being a high-complexity spec about buff and debuff management, control, and setting up burst windows. In the future, I want to see the return of Find Weakness, Gouge, Preparation, Premeditation, and maybe Slice and Dice. Shadow Dance should return to being a burst cooldown on a static one minute CD, as it would promote the idea of setting up ourselves and our opponents for a burst window. Poisons should return in some way, shape or form. I do, however, like the idea behind Gloomblade and would like to see it stay. I would very much like to see what you all think about this!Spectrus21 1d
1d What am I doing wrong? I am trying to finish my push to 110 and pre legion I found Rogues to be very efficient killers with little trouble, but now on the broken isles i am struggling to kill multiple mobs at once and Elites have me for lunch. If it wasn't for Vanessa I would be really screwed. I have tried all three specs and prefer sub and outlaw but it sure seems like i should be doing more dps faster, also I'm in a constant battle to try and keep my health from dropping so fast. I have two other 110s a hunter (survival) and a DH (Vengeance) and I didn't have much issue killing multiple mobs or elites on either of those classes. Thank the gods, old and new for Vanessa.Wusthof8 1d
1d Assassination and UA Should I keep my 910 [Unstable Arcanocrystal] or should I replace it with something else? Right now im using it with a 940 [Seeping Scourgewing] but I also have in my bags, [Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish][Gorshalach's Legacy][Cradle of Anguish] should I change the UA with something else?Omnos1 1d
1d Sin Macros for Arenas? Can some of you guys quickly post your macros for arena that make simple task easier so I can get a idea anything from burst to easy combos for cc.Zingfer2 1d
2d SUB PVE Antorus Hello! I've haven't been doing much serious raiding much this expac, but just started up with Antorus. I completed normal and started on Heroic this week. My ilvl is 940. I haven't gotten into serious simming, but I did use Raidbots to give me a very quick DPS sim. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/pMoD92xvYaBQzdv2XCw66o In heroic, I've been getting around 1.2 - 1.4mil DPS depending on the boss. Does this seem correct for a rogue of my ilvl? I feel like I should be doing more Dps, but then again the mechanics in this raid are hard to keep up damage as a rogue, especially eonar. Any feedback is appreciated!Genesiz3 2d
2d Sin rogue. Need some 2s arena help I'm having a hard time getting comfortable in arena. I started as sub, but felt like sin is a lot more my style (Played sin A LOT in previous expansions). I really enjoy the burst rotation for sin over sub. But I feel like I could be doing a lot better and I'm under performing, which makes me the weaker link in 2s with my partner (I usually try to do 2s with a disc priest.) One thing I have a problem with is deciding whom to open on. I typically try to sap healer, and immediately go on to their partner. With any holy paladin team, I usually sap pally and go to work. Before I do my burst rotation, I throw kidney and wait a second before using vendetta. If they trinket kidney, I wont vendetta. I'll save that for another go and just play defensively until ks is back up. When ks comes back up, I'll pool my energy and prepare a blind on healer, and full burst rotation. My burst rotation is as follows: If I'm coming right out the gate: CS, garrote, mut to 5cps, rupture, mut to 5cps, ks, vendetta, kingsbane, mut to 5 cps, env, toxic blade, mut to 5cps, env (at this point I believe I'm taxed on energy) If at any time their healer comes out of sap, I have a focus blind macro I throw out during my rotation. If I'm in combat, I'll pool energy, vanish, and then start that rotation. Are there any problems in my rotation that are gimping me? I have a real hard time with ele shamans, shadow priests, resto druids, holy paladins and monks in general. Any tips on how to keep the pressure on these specs to make them play my game instead of me playing theirs? Also, I have a focus kick macro but sometimes I wonder if it's better to stop dps on a low target and go for a focus kick. How important is it to be trying to kick while also keeping on pressure? I have a macro leftover from sub when I have step to kidney for healer cc. Should I save ks for dps burst and only use ks as a peel in emergencies? Any other general awareness tips or things to do versus particular specs would be greatly appreciated. I really want to go above 2k this season. If you have an alt and want to group with me, leave me your battle tag and I'll add you up. You can critique my game if you want. Thanks in advance!Spinältap5 2d
2d Tier 21 - No Boots Is there any reason the only way to get a pair of boots with our new tier is the PvP versions or Normal raid colour? (normal matching boots drop off an invasion boss) Blizzard puts so much effort into making matching sets, now with tier capes, and then go to added effort of making the Mythic versions look even fancier, yet rogues don't get to use theirs. It looks absolutely ridiculous, I really love the Mythic set and it's just going to waste. Here is an example of the completed PvP variation: https://i.imgur.com/SmHg7c6.jpg And the incomplete Mythic raid variation: https://i.imgur.com/D1zZaZl.jpg tl;dr - PLEASE ADD BOOTS REEEEEEEEEEEEJimmywibble11 2d
2d Fleet Footed Fall reduction bug? I don't know when this bug showed up, but as an assassination rogue, I take damage from much lower drops now. And before anyone brings up the glyph that was removed in Legion, yes, I know that. But recently, I seem to take more fall damage and can't fall as far as usual. Anyone else experience this?Varolyn4 2d
2d First time rogue So I decided to give rogue a try. It's the only class I don't have at max level. I'm enjoying assassination so far with all the poisons and bleeds. I like maintaining dots and it feels a bit like feral, which I love. I usually don't like classes with a high burst during small cooldown windows like furry warrior and fire mage, so I'll probably not enjoy subtlety as much. My question is, how is assassination doing these days both in raids and m+? I've noticed we have very limited aoe abilities, so how do you guys deal with big packs of mobs as sin?Heathus13 2d
2d Fun PVP Assasin build Just came back to wow after a break. I'm a very casual player. I came up with a build that I have been having a lot of fun with. Master Poisioner Subterfegue Vigor Prey on the weak Toxic Blade Death From Above Basically build 5 combo points. Vendetta - DFA - Toxic Blade - Kingsbane. It's a hella fun. You jump in the air and land with three nukes. I doubt this will work in arenas, but in BG's (which is what I have been playing) it's a blast, you can really nuke somebody quickly.Rayith5 2d
2d Antorus DPS Last week when Antorus opened I was ilvl 931. Yesterday I was 941 after finally have gotten the wrist legend. When I check logs however I see that my damage from antorus opening day was significantly higher than yesterday's and I've changed nothing in terms of rotation. Today I ran a few of the same antorus bosses again at ilvl942. The dps is higher than opening day but not what I would expect after having gotten these upgrades. Can anyone explain to me why this is or what I should really be looking at? Feel free to check logs as well.Xæthron9 2d
2d Smoke Powder Has anyone gotten any in the last month? I feel as if Blizzard removed this from the vault.Hanzð2 2d
2d Subtlety has lost its purpose Subtlety in PvP should be a control & utility spec with a 1min burst CD. Not just because it has been that way for years, not just because it was incredibly fun to play, but most of all because in a game where many specs are designed to simply pick a target and spam damage until they die or you do, Subtlety offered something entirely unique. If you just want to chase people around mindlessly spamming damage, there are somewhere around 20 other specs in the game that are designed to do just that. Blizzard removed the things in our toolkit that made this class so much fun to play -- things like poisons, gouge, garrote, shiv, shadow walk, tricks of the trade, preparation, and so on -- because they had to in order to even come close to achieving balance with this absurdly powerful and tragically one dimensional Shadowstrike ability. Subtlety spec used to challenge us to "be a better gamer." It challenged us to outsmart our enemies and earn our victories, to plan ahead and strategize and setup our win conditions. Was it appealing to everyone? No it wasn't, and in a pure dps class with 3 specs there is plenty of room for a unique spec that doesn't appeal to everyone. The great rogues of the past like Neilyo are rolling in their graves over how badly Blizzard has gutted the playstyle of this class in PvP and railroaded every single rogue into "just pick a target and spam damage" and the only people who see this redesign as anything but a giant !@#$ing travesty are those who lack the experience to appreciate what an amazing thing it is that they've lost.Shoegäzer98 2d
3d Help with my DPS Ok I am newish to rogue and and trying to get my dps up for my raid team. We are a heroic guild but are doing normal right now for a couple more weeks. I switched over from feral Druid because our team has a bunch of druids and I really enjoy the play style of assassination rogue. I understand I am not doing things 100% correct and I am looking for pointers to improve. I am providing a link to our Varimathras where I finished just over 925k with 927ilvl. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MQ6ZTmR72Lcv8CfG/#fight=26&type=summary&source=125 I realize I need a few more pieces of gear but want help to perfect my rotation. Any help would be great.Brekker4 3d
3d Argh! Where be ye gold and halflin's leaf? arghJeurth0 3d
3d What's your UI look like? Bored as all get out at work. Gotta update my Outlaw stuff tonight. Let's see those screen shots of what everyone has going on!Dún9 3d
4d Backstab vs shuriken storm in optimal build Assuming you have tier 21 4 piece, weakpoint relics x3 ,speced gloomblade, and have insignia ring about how many targets does it now take before you stop using backstab and start using shuriken storm?Veseera13 4d
4d Kingslayers-Artifact traits ranks - Bug? I just did the quest to nab my second artifact weapon, the Kingslayers. I used a few billion AP to level up the weapon, but I am having issues. Once I leveled all my initial ranks. I am having difficultly assigning the 7.2+ traits, despite having more than enough AP. Once I up "Silence of the Uncrowned" and tried to move to "Strangler" it won't allow me to. I tried to reset my client, reloadUI, disabled mods, etc.. I'm noticing that Strangler is saying "0/8" - I thought there was only 4 ranks? Anyone have this issue before?Rabbitpunch3 4d