Rogue

Jan 22, 2014 I am new to Rogue I would like to know what spec would be best for leveling in dungeonsGameovernow8 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Redirect kidney shots being dodged / parried? Hello, I am a mainly pve rogue wondering why my (focus) redirect kidney shots are being dodged or parried. I am hit capped and expertise capped in my full grievous gear. I am also aware that trying to (focus) redirect kidney while an enemy has a certain cooldown (such as Die by the Sword) it will not work. This is only occuring in arenas, and not any other place (such as redirect kidney'ing bonecrushers on galakras) I am wondering why this is happening. It has happened against pretty much every class. Thanks for constructive responses!Paralyzing0 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Is Assassination viable in pvp? or is sub still the only logical pvp choice,Babywipes5 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 assassination stat priority i have my cape, 4pc, and meta gem but im unsure on which build to use ive heard all 3 are viableMercs7 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Stealth animation/visual... ...Any thoughts or plans for the future to improve the effect, only visually speaking, of our stealth ''stance''? Things like a dark mist surrounding us, a smoky and gloomy trail left behind, a black shadow following where we walked(kinda like the Ethereals movements)blood dropping on ground? Something less plain and more convincing to look at than a low opacity character. After all these years I think we need some more...sadistic love don't you think? ;) Thanks for reading!Ravreiyane4 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 What to do during Deterrence? Good morning ladies and gentlemen What should I do when a Hunter pops Deterrence? I can't see any way to bring it down, and I don't see how leaving the Hunter alone is a good idea either.Alcone13 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 quick question on lockouts Guild didn’t get around to full clear last week because we spent some time starting on heroics, and I had a question on how raid lockouts work. If we put some attempts in on heroic Immerseus, but don’t get him down, can we exit the instance and then extend the lockout from last week to pick up where we left off? Or does switching to heroic automatically cut off your ability to extend even if you don’t get a boss down? Thanks.Vaelarrus4 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Chasing some pointers for my spec Hey my fellow Rogues. Im chasing some info regarding my chosen spec. With my current spec, do i have the right dagger speed for it? i do roughly 30-60k DPS on average. or should i be in Assassian spec with the kind of daggers i have?Romstrocity1 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Hunter or Rogue, Season 15 and Beyond? Thinking of leveling an alt for season 15 and WoD, but can't decide between Hunter or Rogue. I don't PvE -- I'm just looking for a fun class to PvP with (WPvP, casual bgs, some 2s/3s, etc). My concern is that rogue may feel too similar to WW. Thoughts? I'm not looking for a FOTM class -- just a class that's consistently pretty good.Hokku8 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Glass Cannon Class Again? Can we be the glass cannon class we have been in the past? Or, at least subtlety? Possibly give combat rogues a less glass cannon playstyle but keep it for the rogues that are reliant on stealth?Cynonhym1 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Stats for sub pvp rogues New to reforging so I need help. So I know Hit must be at like 4% so I don't miss but then I get lost and need some help So any one wanna help the new guy.Dacav5 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Trying out different specs (PvE) Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I hope your day has been going better than mine; my day was muddy, tiring, depressing, and overall, just retarded. /endrant I've been looking to try out some of the other specs for PvE. What fights does each spec do well at? I know that Combat does well when they're allowed to stay on their target(s) and they're one of the best cleave specs out there. I know that Sub does best on purely single target fights (which there really aren't any of those), and when they're allowed to be behind the target But what about Mut? Mut seems like a well rounded spec. Anyways, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each spec, and when is the best/worst time to use said specAlcone2 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Sorrow & the Fury keeps killing me I have only been playing for a few weeks and can't seem to get through the Sorrow and the Fury. The mobs spawn too fast to keep them clear. The boss sees me when I'm stealthed so I can't use my opening moves. I can't kite them because I'm a rogue. I know that I have to position myself against the mountain so that when the boss fears me or the Bad Dogs we don't run into the newly spawned mobs. I've been killed so many times that I had to repair my gear as it was almost zero (I started the quest fully repaired.) Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it through or should I just move on to the next area and come back and do it when I have reached a higher level and have more survivability and better gear? Is my gear the problem, is it harder to get through this as a roque, or is it just my inexperience?Boid4 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Trinkets. Which one? Hello fellow Rogues. I was doing Flex 4 last night and upon killing Siege-crafter-blahblah I received the Ticking Ebon Detonator http://www.wowhead.com/item=104865. Currently equipped I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=104974 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=104780. So I guess my question is, should I use the two flex trinkets? or is the assurance of consequence, even though it's RF, should I use that? Thanks!Mordios5 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Sub/Assassination (PvE) I can play both and would prefer to play sub (as that's mostly what i do for pvp). I'm just wondering if it's up to par or even passing assassination. SC says sub but I'd rather just get confirmation from an actual person. Much appreciated.Parkwaydrivé5 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Sub Rogue PvP Question Hey all, just hit 90 amd am currently honor farming to gear up. My question is, after my opener, what is my main combo point generator? I understand the openers, its just after i open, what do i build combo points with? Is it hemo? I know backstab is for pve and i find it difficult getting behind my openent. Any help would be great.Trauhmatize1 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Burning embers. Hey yea I have a 48 Warlock. And I have noticed that his last remaining Burning Embers won't Deplete at all. Is there some passive that I have overlooked that's not allowing its depletion?Deitystouch12 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Fist weapon transmog help anyone have any ideas for a cool fist weapon i can xmog. i have plenty of different gear sets i can use so just looking for a cool looking fist weapon i can use.Sidnister25 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Combat fully PvP geared (lol) I just wanted to say how much fun combat is for PvP especially on the timeless isle... So, open with garrote, cheap shot ambush, S&D, revealing strike, marked for death, kidney then Killing spree. Nearly everything but a well geared PvE player is dead by the end of it. I haven't had this much fun in a while. I collected 53 bloody coins last night.Acaycias16 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 DPS is low. Is DPS dependent mostly on your weapon or something? My gear isn't atrocious except my weapons that kind of suck.. but I can't seem to get past 70k while everyone else is over 100k. I'm pretty sure my rotation is fine...Ow14 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Macro help Trying to use this macro, but it won't eviscerate in stealth. I have it bound to 3 #showtooltip /cast [nostance,nocombat] !Stealth; [mod:ctrl,stance:0/3] Rupture; [stance:0/3] Eviscerate /stopmacro [nostealth] /stopattack /targetenemyplayer /cast [mod:shift] Shadowstep /cast [mod:ctrl] Cheap Shot any thoughts?Maxpotential6 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 how are sub rogues on timeless? they able to solo stuff and get things down easily?Ivyaugustine48 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Rogue vs Warrior How do you defeat a warrior(Arms) in 1v1? I have seen many times and been in a few situations where even if the warrior is half or even lower than half health goes against a rogue that has full health and the warrior just gets to a point where his health does not seem to drop anymore and is able to fight off the rogue and/or kill him very quickly. I use my def spells etc but they just seem to get to a point where there health wont drop and when my def cd are gone I am just dead meat.. I don't know if anyone knows what I am trying to say. lol Even on youtube I have seen this with Sensus vs Bahjeerah. Sensus has a very strong opener taking his health sometimes to like 20% and the warrior is able to take his health down very quickly and gets into that hard to kill thing. I am sure it last stand, shield wall, die by sword, second wind. They can do massive damage very quickly and bleeds make it hard to stealth again. Idk like I said I am not very great at rogues yet or pvp I just started wow again a month ago since the start of Cata and this is a week old 90 that I made when I started back. Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve this?Põlo18 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Starting to get back I havnt played wow in 3 years and i mainly played mage. Now that im back my friends said that they would like to have me as a rogue so im just trying to get a few for a few things, what is the top dps raiding spec, iv been running sub for leveling and seems to be pretty good but would love some input. whats the best spec to run for pvp and why. im also digging around on the forums to get answers but im just trying to get input and get it all in one place. thanks everyoneIguessurdead0 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 PVP questions I'm getting back into my rogue after a very long time. I'm doing PVP and starting to get some gear. I'm playing Sub at the moment. I have a few questions: 1. What poisons do you use? 2. Is Paralytic Poison worth talenting for? If so then what poisons do I use? 3. Is Expose Armor worth using? Thank you!Raith7 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Rogue vs. Lock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhqFRiC-Yb8&list=PL8F904D985D25E0FF I tried everything and he beats me 70% of the time. Any suggestions?Kohl17 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 I DON'T UNDERSTAND Ok so did arenas tonight, like most nights, and i did horribly. I only went over 1 mil dmg maybe once, and was hitting my ambushes for like 6k-75k. i am very squishy but can do dmg as long as i can get a stun chain going, but one defensive and i hit like a wet sock. HOWEVER, one particular game tonight, i jumped on a disc priest that had bubbled, and took his 400k health in one cheap shot stun? i do not get it, how is this possible? ppl that are less geared than me are doing more dmg than me, yet sometimes i guess i just get lucky and get high crits? can someone post their crit/haste/mastery/hit %'s or anything else that i can reforge? I'm thinking I am not stacking enough crit?? or expertise? idk, my basic questions are: 1. Someone please post their crit/mastery/hit/expertise %'s 2. Anyway i can get more stability in my dmg? so i don't have to rely on lucky crit's to kill? 3. anyone have any ways to make me less squishy? 4. Is this just a bad time for rogues??? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Hiddendemon/simpleHiddendemon11 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Let's annoy the world Spam Feint to look like you are attacking everyone in town.Dragonsongz2 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Wtf is with burst of speed? Okay firstly this isn't a rage thread. I'm genuinely confused. I had a rogue at lv 82 from a SoR boost ages ago and decided to try him out in MoP. Help with spec/glyphs for leveling would also be appreciated, but for now to the subject on hand: Why do I get a 70% boost that removes slows, has no cooldown, and can be used while stealthed? Seems to devalue Sprint. I can run while stealthed with no limit at 204% speed, that's mount level speed with no penalties. I mean yeah it's nice, but sprint literally has no point being on the bar. It really should either be an evolution of the sprint spell and replace it when talented, or provide SOMETHING to sprint like perhaps give sprint....I don't know. I really don't know. BoS is literally everything I like about spring but has no cooldown, is there a reason to even use sprint when I have it?Greatdeku9 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Looking for a guide Specifically, an all-in-one Rogue guide. Covering leveling, pve,pvp, and just other basic stuff. I've tried AJ and WF, but most cater to one arena in particular. I have leveled a rogue before, but I sucked at it to be honest. I'd even appreciate links to guides which you think are topshelf and deserve reading. Thank you. EDIT: If someone who knows the rogue class (I assume most posters here do) would mind posting useful Add-ons that'd be great. If someone wants to be an overachiever, I'd love a good UI screenshot.Ibesackdeep0 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Mostly Harmless[2/14H] Emerald dream lf Rogue [2/14H]<Mostly Harmless> is recruiting for 10M heroics, we are looking a new rogue (combat prefered) to fill out our roster. We are trying to find a mature, 555+ ilvl raider, with at least 11/14 exp and the legendary meta (at the least). We raid wed/sun/mon 7:45pm - 11:00pm server. Feel free to contact one of our officers if you are interested in joining us or are looking for more info: Chainmeup Kittenmitton Drchamion Docbones Tufdruid Executië SammysweetsChainmeup1 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Cyril Figgis I’ve recently come back to combat, and I was wondering if anyone else gets a near-irresistible urge to yell “SUPPRESSING FIRE!” immediately before hitting killing spree? Really hoping it’s not just me…Vaelarrus3 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Timeless Isle hates Pickpocket Anyone else noticing a distinct lack of loot in mobs pockets on timeless isle this patch?Shariadore14 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Is Combat still worth while? Is combat out of the picture for rogues in raids? I see mostly Sub, and Assassination. I have also seen a few combat rogues, which pull pretty good dps. I've never been a fan of sub, simply due to not being able to pull as much dps with it as I could Assassination, maybe a player fault; maybe lack of interest to learn it not sure. Also, check my armory and include if I should go combat or stay assassination; given current gear. Seriously though, what happened to combat?Leballas12 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Need Sub rogue pvp opener/after help 5.4 So i just started playing my rogue again and even before i was never that great. All i plan on doing is BGs but what is the opener rotation and what do i do after the opener?Karnosh15 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 So at one time we weren't alowed to post Silent Fang in these forums, are the dark times finally over?Ricesurfer3 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 shadowcraft stat weight problem hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums! anyways since i first started playing in vanilla i have done pvp/ casual play, but recently i am getting into raiding. I have a question though about my stats, i have used shadowcraft as advised by many other rogues... However, from the looks of it shadowcraft is telling me to reforge into much more hit than i need and not enough expertise? i dont know if this is the case because my ilvl is low? (around 523) but i am confused and would rather have some advice before i use my gold to reforge/ re-gem all my gear. Anyways, thanks in advance and if there are any tips you could give me on playing a rogue in pve to improve my dps they will be well appreciated.Adred5 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Wtf is with burst of speed? Okay firstly this isn't a rage thread. I'm genuinely confused. I had a rogue at lv 82 from a SoR boost ages ago and decided to try him out in MoP. Help with spec/glyphs for leveling would also be appreciated, but for now to the subject on hand: Why do I get a 70% boost that removes slows, has no cooldown, and can be used while stealthed? Seems to devalue Sprint. I can run while stealthed with no limit at 204% speed, that's mount level speed with no penalties. I mean yeah it's nice, but sprint literally has no point being on the bar. It really should either be an evolution of the sprint spell and replace it when talented, or provide SOMETHING to sprint like perhaps give sprint....I don't know. I really don't know. BoS is literally everything I like about spring but has no cooldown, is there a reason to even use sprint when I have it?Greatdeku4 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Combat Dwarf So I am wondering if I should get maces to take advantage of "http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59224/mace-specialization" ?Kelfalfin5 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 What are the best weapon enchants While leveling a Rogue, will be doing a lot of pvp and can't afford dancing steel. I have landslide so far but it is somewhat lackluster. I was thinking windsong and make elemental force? Any advice would be appreciated. Also which chant on which hand?Kitamos4 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 timeless isle pvp I am so sad, I have farmed over 1500 bloody coins with most of it being fraps so I could make a video. the recording isn't able to be used. on another note, timeless isle coin farming is so much funRyck1 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Profession advice pls My rogue currently has 600 skinning for the crit. I have my leatherworking up to 172 but I was thinking of dropping it for blacksmithing. However, i read that gathering professions weren't that great for stats. So I'm wondering, would it be ok to go with skinning/BS, or should I go leatherworking/BS? (I don't really want engineering) Thanks. Side note, I tried to change my icon from my monk to my rogue but even when I click on "manage characters" my rogue isn't in the list...Urselite3 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Rogues underperforming in raid? Hi everyone! I feel like our rogues are constantly underperforming in our raid team. We have just ventured into heroic mode, and I think it's very silly to bring pure DPS if their damage isn't up to par.. I need some more knowledgable rogues to give me some input. I don't want to remove players from the team if their damage is genuinely "appropriate" for their gear, although I believe that only one of them legitimately performs up to snuff. Here are some links to our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sf4akn3hyp79ygdi/ http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/889/ I believe that Syline is the only rogue in our group that actually does good DPS, but I could be wrong. Here are some things worth noting: - Agoodman has 2X heroic Fists from Protectors, but has no Legendary Cloak - Tuscadero has his legendary cloak and just picked up the dagger from Norushen today Another thing that concerns me is how often our rogues die. They have a ton of survivability tools, such as Feint, Cloak, etc., but I am primarily looking at their DPS figures to see how things are stacking up. I can't justify giving them a raid slot if my 539 Windwalker alt can beat them on H FP. Any feedback that can be provided would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has questions regarding how much gear people obtained on a week to week basis (ie: wondering why DPS went up on a weekly basis), just ask. Thanks for the help!Turbowizard36 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Best/most dominant 2's partner in 5.4? I'm sure this topic has been beat into the dirt, but I have just recently decided to try to see how high I can get my 2's rating by rolling with geared and experienced partners (as opposed to carrying guildies) I am just curious what the most dominant set up for rogue 2's is? I was considering going either rogue-mage/enh sham/ warrior (for considerable burst DPS) But I have been told to roll with a healer, regardless of how little sustainable damage rogues have these days. Any advice from an experienced rogue (ie: if you don't have any arena achievements... you probably don't know much yourself) is much appreciatedChekyoursix10 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 vanity pets and stealth Do vanity pets show up to the other faction while in stealth still? I would like to use my vanity pets, but I am afraid the only suitable time seems to be when I'm afk in Orgrimmar.Cigany9 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Preparing my rogue for CMs Hi Rogue forums. I am curious if anyone here could provide some information or resources on getting a Rogue ready for CMs, in regards to spec/talents/gearing, etc. Also wondering if someone could clear up optimal Rogue AoE rotations, as I haven't seriously done PvE on my Rogue this expansion and I've noticed quite a few things have changed in MoP. Thanks!Dorps1 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Why Cheap Shot? Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen This sounds silly, even in my head. In PvP, why do we open with Cheap Shot? Yes, it's a surprise, and in some cases, people freak out and pop defensive CDs. In the case of good players however, they aren't going to do that The alternatives are Garrote and Ambush. Garrote is a caster thing, and Ambush hits like a truck. I've been playing the game for a long time now, and I'm just now thinking this. What I see in using Cheap Shot right off the bat is momentary surprise and DRing a future KS that we could use for a Smoke Bomb kill.Alcone6 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Can I get some constructive critique? Hey guys, First let me start off by saying that any advice here is well appreciated. I've just come back from Vanilla/BC after a very long break. I've been back now for a few months, and I find myself not able to grasp some of the new concepts of our class. I used to do very well raiding MC/BWL/AQ, and I helped 3 friends do there HWL grinds. Now everything is very confusing. I have followed a number of peoples advice, using: shadowcraft, icey veins, and the rogue forums here as guides. According so shadowcraft I should be pulling 215k with the build they have provided. I burst a max of 450k and maintain around 150k-180k. What am I missing? I'm following the rotations and I know the fights. I am currently playing Assa b/c I enjoy it a lot more, idk why. PVP Im hitting a wall at 1600. Most people keep saying that I won't get past 1650 as Assa. They say go sub. In 2v2 Ive never lost to a sub rogue, maybe b.c its the bracket I'm in. But I don't lose duels to them either. Sum it up b.c I'm dead tired as Ive been writing this and I feel like I'm ranting...critique me.Heró4 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 2.1k CR Spriest seeking rogue Looking for a rogue with 2k+ cr and 2.2k+ exp for 3s, RPS or RPD preferred If interested, pls post here and add my btag: Kenste#1310Kenste0 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 Low Ilvl combat rogue Ever since the 50 energy change to SS energy has been really blah at wat point does Combat become "spammy"....i hate the wait time but im like ilvl500 etcLostross3 Jan 19, 2014