Rogue

Nov 12, 2013 Possible stat re-work for Sub (PvP P.o.V) Something I've been thinking about for some time is how little Sub rogues have cared about crit during MoP. Due to the removal of the crit modifying talents we had prior to MoP, namely the ones that increased crit damage, the reliability of Backstab/Hemo damage went down immensely. So during MoP Beta, I looked to Mastery, and noticed that it stacked a lot faster, and provided more reliable, albeit lower, burst. While it works, this has always felt wrong to me. Sub, in its current incarnation, is meant to be the yellow damage special ability spec, reliant on getting those big hits; so then why is Crit so terrible? It takes far too long to stack up to high levels, and even if you get to 30, 35, even 40%, that's still not even half of your abilities that will crit. My idea, in a nutshell, is to allow Sub to gain more crit per agi via Sinister Calling. To counteract the buff, reduce how quickly mastery stacks. Now, you might be asking "Why not just give back a base % crit chance?" The reason I'd avoid this path is because it doesn't help the fact that crit is a pain to stack, and it doesn't make you want more crit, it just puts more there. "Well then why not increase crit damage?" Because I feel increasing crit damage becomes an issue at high item levels where, along with higher attack power levels, along with more crit chance, burst damage from these crits become too high. It was also confirmed at Blizzcon that, come WoD, gear may have stats such as +crit damage%, so that could snowball into a whole different problem. That's why I think this would be the best course of action. Not only would this change improve the overall feel of Sub spec and give it more identity, but it would increase the want for Crit, which was something Blizz tried to fix going into MoP, but didn't quite get right. Now, an issue with this idea is that it nerfs lower ilvl Sub a bit by making it more reliant on RNG crit. While I'm not quite sure how to avoid this problem, Rogues have always been a class that became exponentially more powerful with gear, so it wouldn't really be a new problem, and I'm sure some good number crunching can avoid Sub being gimped before getting good amounts of crit. Thoughts? Ideas? This is something I thought about for a while and feel like would really improve the QoL of Sub, especially in PvP. If you say TL;DR I will find you, and you don't want to know what I will do.Backstabi5 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 PvP Question I just got [Grievous Gladiator's Cape of Cruelty] from the celestials.. And mostly every rogue knows, that is the wrong cape. Should I 1. Use the grievous cape with, crit & haste.. but lose 2% mastery and my hit cap brought to 2.90% which means, I'd probably have to reforge one of my weapons to hit.. Or 2. Keep the tyrannical cape & just lose out on the other good stats.Ctrlfreak1 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Question I just got [Grievous Gladiator's Cape of Cruelty] from the celestials.. And mostly every rogue knows, that is the wrong cape. Should I 1. Use the grievous cape with, crit & haste.. but lose 2% mastery and my hit cap brought to 2.90% which means, I'd probably have to reforge one of my weapons to hit.. Or 2. Keep the tyrannical cape & just lose out on the other good stats.Ctrlfreak2 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Owned Not really here to complain, but I was royally owned in about two shots by a rogue a couple of times last night. It was impressive, but Im curious how. First time I was sitting on my mount and no joke, two shotted. Second time he dropped off his flyer and floated down, somehow dotted me to where I died in a matter of seconds. Oh I miss being able to explosive shot air kill people.. I did notice he had a 500 stats buff.Oniana27 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Best low level BG? I'm still plugging away at Warsong. Any other good ones I need to watch out for. Looking to get some pvp gear at higher levels. Was using the pvp looms but was told it's a waste to use them so I went back to pve looms. Just wanted to know what other bg's are great?Yinshen1 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Combat PVE questions! So I had to flip to Combat due to better weapons being fist weapons over my LFR daggers. QQ. Anyway: 1. Is it worth using Rupture? 2. Is it worth using Nazgrim's Gutripper for poison application, or stick with Seismic Bore for the offhand? Both weapons are 2/2 and gemmed/enchanted, of course. But the mace is awfully slow compared to the daggers (when I was Subtlety) and it's noticeable when waiting for Deadly Poison to show up.Hebron4 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 good bye evasion they said dodge is leaving, guess that means evasion's current mechanics is gone as wellRyck12 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Well i just saw the rogue 100 talents I welcome our new rogue overlords with open arms.Ritalynn11 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Have you guy's seen woundman's stream? People linking some interesting things lol...Brrox3 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Pikaboo has int chant on cloak. I wonder why lol. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Djpikaboo/simpleBrrox11 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Funny rogue video I saw a really funny rogue video a while back and I was wonduring if anyone could link me to it? He was below level 70 and was pretending to be a black lady? Just a bit annoyed I can not locate it. ThanksHermit10 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Assasination DPS The RNG gods have been seen it proper to deny me weapons and trinkets. I've gone with a mastery build - my best dps is usually on Sha of Pride at 98k. When those 500+ weapons finally arrive, is a haste build viable for more white damage?Naughtytouch6 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Leveling rewards - SnD passive? If you didn't see already, they announced that while leveling 90-100, some abilities will change, similar to spell ranks that used to be in the game. This ss shows an assasination reward making SnD passive - http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/november/bconWoWRAD030.jpg How do you feel about this?Villanueva22 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Alliance Race from a PvP Standpoint So I've narrowed my choices down to Human, NE, or Gnome. Before I go through with it, are the racials of the the NEs and Gnomes enough utility to make up for Human's ability to go two DPS PvP trinkets? It's so tough deciding... Also, I'm really not a fan of how bulky humans look. They fit warriors and dks, but imo I just don't see them being rogues. Does anybody know when Blizzard plans to update the character models?Locke26 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 why do I feel so squishy? I just decided to level this rogue, but for some reason while questing I feel very squishy. Anything I can do to survive multiple mobs?Circumslice13 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 When will my specs become equal? (leveling) Hey guys I'm just wondering when leveling as anything other that assassination will be worth it? I want to play combat so bad but from a leveling point of view, its not worth going from 2 second fights to 5 second. When I get to around level 85, will all the specs slow down and become equal or will 1 spec always be the best compared to the other two?Caulder6 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Positional Req. are being removed on our abilities (bye backstab!) I know some of us have been asking for this for ages now, but is the change a good thing? It will probably make PvE much easier to balance, but definitely lowers the skill cap of the class in general.Velexin28 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Unholy DKs Unholy Dks give me aids and hurt. Wot do? P.S Exp soft cap parry still annoying.Kyosiki7 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Thoughts on Rogues in 6.0? Hi all. Currently maining a mage but planning to switch in the new expansion for PVE casual-progressive raiding (my guild right now is 11/14 normal). I wanted to see what people thought about rogues in 6.0 versus other DPS classes. Would you recommend I main one? I currently have a level 90 rogue with some Timeless Isle gear and have done some LFR on him, but no normal or flex raiding. I used to raid on a rogue way back in vanilla and enjoyed it.Hantz8 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 Sub PVP action bar set up Searched forum and google and couldnt find a Sub PVP action bar set up. Just wondering if anyone could post one. ThanksGuiltyy3 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 Does the Panderan Bouncy racial stack with... Safe Fall + Glyph? This is an important question that will determine whether I make a panderan or worgen rogueAshendra2 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 blizz plz Master The Basics now plz thxKnfprty0 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 Sub PvP -- Glyph of Hemorrhage So with the incoming changes to Sanguinary Vein, is it worth it to use this Glyph? I was just setting up Rupture when I wanted the extra damage, but this was mostly so I could use Gouge when I needed more control.Shädøw3 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 Low level pvp discussion So i just got my Wound Poison and was wondering if it is better to use Wound/Crippling or Deadly/Crippling at this levelLovehoes4 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 Crit>mastery? assassination I used shadowcrafts auto reforge and it took away a lot of my mastery and gave me crit, sadly I forgot to check my dps before the change so I can't see the actual difference. Most thing I read on here are saying master>haste>crit, but a lot of people also say shadowcraft is amazing. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!Mircy2 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 10, 2013 Transmogs Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. As you can see, I'm trying to twink out this character. I am very sad though, as my current gear looks....garbage. Anyways, my question is: Can lower level characters use transmogs? And a follow up: Can fists be transmoged into daggers? I miss my Tracker's Blade and Malchezeen =(Alcone3 Nov 10, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Hardest squishy class? Howdy rogues, As a feral (your furry cousin), I was hoping to get some opinions from the rogue community on an alt. I would like to try out a casting class, but I've jumped way too many clothies myself to want to have that happen to me constantly. From a rogue perspective, which of the below, in your opinions, is the hardest for you to pin down/kill quickly (not saying counter or hardest overall, just the one that seems to have the most tools to kite or delay an an initial ambush kill). Thanks in advance for any help! Priest (shadow) Lock (any) Mage (any) Shaman (ele)Wrayden16 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Rogue 100 level talents Death from above.. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/04/21308806-exclusive-images-show-skydivers-terrifying-collision-and-chaotic-plunge?lite http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/november/bconWWWNext88.jpg too soon blizz?Gileanlol8 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Heirlooms for sub rogue? What weapons should I get for PVP? deadly kris and heartseeker? and what enchants? cheers.Zimerman4 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Sub Rogue Burst Hello, Everyone. I see in PvP videos where Sub rogues are bursting with an Ambush for 80k at times and around 50-60k on average against equally geared opponents,. They are most likely in Greivous gear, however, I am pretty geared myself, having all Tyrannical I barely do 30k on my Ambushes with a crit. Can anyone give any insight on why my damage sucks so bad, I wouldnt think the lack of enchants, gems would make that much of a difference. Thanks in advanceKipx8 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 addon please please create an addon that makes the targets outline glow so I can tell which way he's facing in the cluster !@#$ that is pvp. So much crap glowing and exploding and beaming, last boss in the big bgs I can never even see where he is.....Reflëx0 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 When should I use shiv? So I recently acquired this ability, but as a subtlety Rogue, when should I use it? Should I replace hemorrhage with shiv? Please give some advice!Annet8 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Sub Rogue PVP compilations I made my second video, with my sub rogue, hope u like it! you can see the first one in my youtube channel :) thx guys.! video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpfZTq7LxTQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UU-oJ9w-I_xSof-bq60Q1eBA video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc6BNwSv2XINafthalina0 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 The "Swifty oneshot Macro" for rogues Im sure by now people have seen this. If not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKW-b6xhpw Just to clarify because I know a blizzard employee is reading this thread right now. Before you guys go out and nerf the Rogue class which I dont think is fair to them, take a look at the guys gear. Full PvE gear this patch is insane for WPvP and I just don't want to see the rogue class take the blame for this like we've seen in other Swifty incidents. All I'm saying Blizz is that I wouldn't jump the gun and nerf em right out of nowhere because it is more of the PvE gear than anything.Tragiik16 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 poisons What affects poison damage more your weapon damage or your level?Youedthinkso3 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Cant use abilities on my Blood Elf Rogue So I've been playing my rogue completely fine until yesterday when I was in a dungeon and I tried to use a or any of my abilities I got the message ''must have a dagger in the main hand'' I've tried everything but change my wepons I'm newer at this game and would appreciate any help thanks!Laiktret6 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 Icy veins pve guide I just started playing my rogue again and really on plan on doing PvE content for the time being. Is the guide on Icy Veins a good source? I know that some of the stuff on the site related to warlocks is a little out of date.Shamestick3 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 9, 2013 What next? Chime in. Having a debate between shoulders and proc trinket for next upgrade? Whats your input?Nimand3 Nov 9, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Which 1hd sword matches Shard of Azzinoth? Which 1hd sword can be used as a match for Shard of Azzinoth? Green glowing thing. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/32471 Thanks!Nommi4 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 New to PvP. Need some advice. Hey all finally I get into some pvp for the first time.....ever since vanilla lol. I'm doing Warsong Gulch I'm sure you all may know already. As a rogue. What is my role in warsong because there is no communication what so ever. Horde is dominating pvp which is cool. I just want to get better at it all. I'm getting my !@#$ kicked. Even with the looms. So any advice would help out a lot. Thanks!Yinshen4 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 rogue duel videos I searched everywhere and can't find any 5.4 rogue duels vs any class. I did find some that we're assassination and combat but those are usually boring. If anyone makes or knows of any sub rogue 5.4 duel videos I'd be happy to check them out. It seems like nobody really makes duel videos besides trying to 1 shot someone which is boring.Sneaks3 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Tracking MOBs in Large Groups I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. All I have ever done in WoW since release was tank and recently I have pretty much made rogue my main. One problem I consistently have is keeping track of where my main target is inside a large group. There are times when suddenly I realize I'm no longer in range, or facing the MOB because of some movement that happened. In fact I even respecced from Subtlety into Assassination so I could worry less about positioning (eg it isn't so crucial to be behind the target). So far I have gleaned that I can try the following: Turn down particle density in the video settings. Turn on name plates. Any other things you can think of? I am color blind so I am not sure if that is adding to my issues or not. The "circle" under my target MOB is not always very apparent to me.Razilk6 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Dummy Damage Any suggestions on how to get a quick dps reading. The test dummies in org always stay at 100% health and with me being a rogue a good amount of my dps comes from my dispatch which is mostly used at 30% health?Lethalea4 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Trinket Question. Whats up fellow rogues. So I have a couple questions for y'all. Currently I have AoC and TED ( flex version) equipped as an Assassination rogue edging towards haste. However I also have the Shadow Pan trinket and Discipline of Xuen. While I Mr.Robot says this is the best gear to have equipped ( AoC and TED) it just doesn't feel right playing it. I felt MORE powerful with Shadow Pan and Xuen combo. I cant really put my finger on it, I guess I was expecting a large DPS increase which didnt happen. Any advice. Thanks in ADVANCE! HYPEHypeshow3 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Assanination Rogues Change Stat Priority!! Hey guys, I was using AMR last night before raid, and it was telling me to change all my reforges out of Mastery into Haste and Crit, is this new for assassination rogues? Forever its been Mastery>all, i even checked Shadowcraft, and that was telling me to reforge everything into Crit>Mastery. Which is confirmed for top DPS now? Any input on this would be great guys. reforging is expensive :(.Bacstabbath10 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Been gone a month Have I really missed anything? How's greivious gear scaling/doing against other classes?Demetori4 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Question about combat So for the past I'd say two or so weeks I've gotten quite a bit of gear and currently have two Nazgrim daggers than the Fist off protectors and paragons axe. But as I look at almost ALL high end raiders they have a slow main hand and a dagger off hand. So is it now better to have a dagger in the off hand or are these guys just unlucky for weeks on in? Thank you for any input :)Tkilmer6 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Shadowcraft: re-gem out and reforge back in? I just started playing with Shadowcraft. VERY cool tool and a lot of fun. I'm going to enjoy tweaking my stats as I continue to acquire gear. But I have a question about some odd recommendations it's making. I've noticed that it often recommends I re-gem out of a stat and then reforge back into the same stat. Is this normal? For example, it has me changing all my Deadly Vermilion Onyx's (Agi and Crit) into Deft Vermilion Onyx (Agi and Haste). But when I reforge, it has me reforge a bunch of mastery back into crit! I'm curious as to why it would have me drop crit on gems and add crit on reforge. Is it simply trying to get me out of Mastery and into Haste but it needs to manipulate crit with gems to do so?Dresgar3 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 Hey guys! Can you rate my outfit? ^^ :DJjiiannaa3 Nov 8, 2013
Nov 8, 2013 sub pve opener and which spec to play I have never played sub pve before but shadowcraft it saying that it comes out up to 30 k dps ahead of combat or assassination right now, I have two heroic daggers. So basically just looking for some quick tips for openers for sub PVE Also, is that 30 k increase in damage really true, it seems like it would make almost every top rogue switch to sub, but I seem some still going combat and a couple left as assassination. I would prefer to play assassination especially during heroic progression as it is easy and am most use to that spec but want to maximize my damage at the same time.Naniwa3 Nov 8, 2013