Rogue

May 31, 2013 Damage or Attack Power http://s9.postimg.org/51f0wvf5b/123.jpg sub has less damage. but more ATK power. assassinate has more damage but less atk power is the DPS mainly from Damage or Attack Power?Stabbess4 May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 Is Assassination viable now (PVP) So I decided to ge my ogue to 90. Back in Cata Sub rotation seemed too hard to me and I stopped playing it when I reach 85. I heard people saying that Assa is one of the easiest spec in the game, and since ai love olaying a stealth class, I may give Assa a try. Are they more viable now in arena and duels, bgs? I just do arena for cap, duels and random bgs for fun. Please help:)Imaloner10 May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 Question about Sub weapons Hi, I just went Sub and I'm wondering if they mostly use Daggers, Swords or Fist WeaponsLunaira2 May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 SHROUD OF CONCEALMENT IS BUGGy(5.3) YES shroud is currently being buggy in 5.3 REQUEST STICKY PLZ SICK OF 10 THREADS A DAY ASKING THIsGankhard5 May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013 Delete DeleteJonathonsky0 May 31, 2013
May 30, 2013 Need some advice on rogues I have been playing a warlock for a while and ive been wanting to make a melee class. People have told me that rogues are fun to play as but I am looking for some people who have been playing as one for a while for advice on them?Nazzix10 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 [H PvE] Which race has the best racials? I chose troll for berserking and for the 5% damage increase to beasts, did I make the right decision or is there a better choice?Reizer7 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Subterfuge Help..... please? ok, so I read everywhere this is the best talent in the first tier for Subtlety. But what do I do with that extra 3 seconds? I am using Ambush as my open but when I do that, the NPC turns around and I cant get back behind it to ambush again. How does this work???Cmenow9 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Issues of the MOP PVP rogues---Overview Let's face the facts here, we had it good in cataclysm. perhaps too good. Although I believe many classes were OP at the time, I do agree with Blizzard and much of the community that rogues needed a nerf, we were simply too powerful towards the end of catacylsm. That being said, this is simply too much. I don't believe I've ever seen such a hard swing with the nerf bat, this class has simply been run into the ground with nerfs. We maintain good mobility and have decent self heals (although recuperate could still be better). However, the issue lies in our damage output. Backstabs, once the most powerful ability on a rogue's toolbar, deals damage the equivalent to whacking the enemy with a wet noodle in the back. Hemorrhage, a once powerful slice when you couldn't get behind the enemy, is like a jab with a chopstick. Our only real damage lies in the 5 point eviscerate ability, which is tough to achieve due to our low damage in the first place. However, a 50k crit with eviscreate (which you'll only get when lucky) is still not on par with the damage that 5 points of backstab would give out. This class is now utter crap, perhaps due to the fact that NONE OF OUR TALENTS IMPROVE THE ABILITIES WE ENJOY TO USE. Don't know what blizzard can do other than just buf our abilities to do slightly more damage, so that we can stay on par with the rest of the classes. Eviscerate does a lot of damage, ,(not when compared to a warlocks 100k crits with chaos bolt) but it's simply not enough. any thoughts on how to improve the system. Would really like a blue to chime in here and give me the scoop.Zurial43 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Stealth visibility problem I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with people seeing you in stealth when you are half way across the map and then attack u while u are stealthed.Anarin16 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 PvE Cooldowns Hello there, Rogue community. So I just hit 90 on my Rogue late last night, and have been going about getting him geared today. The only question I really have that I'd like at least a better idea about before raiding is how to you use your cooldowns? I'm currently assassination. Is it a good idea to macro Shadow Blades, Shadow Dance, and Vendetta together to have an Ambush spam macro when a fight begins, then have a separate macro that is Shadow Blades and Vendetta for the Dispatch phase? Thus far, I've pretty much just been using Shadow Blades/Vendetta together once the mob hits Dispatch range; haven't really made much use of Shadow Dance thus far, and that's merely because I keep forgetting that it's there.Korayn5 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 DPS low Having trouble getting my DPS up above 10k. Any suggestions?Gazzor16 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Do Rogues Have a Spot in High RBGs? So aside from the doom and gloom some people are assuming after the patch, how's rogue? I know that stealth is a little broken, but can I get a spot on a decent RBG team if I reroll? I'm not too interested in being a BG scoreboard all star, I just want to help control and set up kills.Squigstein7 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 best way to get honor points for a c. rogue I want to get some fast honor points as my rogue this is him btw. I want some to get heirlooms to use on my warlock I will makeShadeywolf5 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Assassination Guide on ArenaJunkies Hey guys, a lot of you have been asking me in game, AJ and on certain forums how should I play assassination. Some of you rogues know who I am and have been around these forums a quite good number of times expressing my frustration with our class, but I recently released a guide on how to play assassination. I will keep updating the guide with certain things such as strats and dueling strats. Hopefully most of you enjoy the guide, so far it has received great responses in AJ and decided to post it here for the more newer assassination rogues. http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/238477-how-to-play-mutilate/Mvp17 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Archeology breaks stealth Is anyone else having this issue? I used to be able to cast Survey and search an area for artifacts all the while being stealthed. I broke stealth only when looting. Since 5.3 I break stealth the moment I cast survey.Phrag5 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Serious inquiries for serious people only! Does my vodka stack with orange juice, or am I better off redirecting points to build up my margaritas? As Sub, I prefer the OJ, but I can see how sin my priorities would be elsewhere. Please remember Cut to the Chase!Nøsaj17 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Assassin opener - Slice N Dice or Rupture? What is the going opinion on the best opener? I have been using vendetta, shadowstep, ambush, then slice n dice with the 2 points, Marked for Death for 5 points and then Rupture. My thinking is, at this point, I usually have 16 seconds left on SnD to get 5 more Points and reapply it. Would another rotation provide any significant boost to DPS?Ætheon17 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Solo morchok, ds bosses hello, anynoe has soloed morchok? I would like to know because i want to farm cristals for legendaries hehe.. I was working on a spec with max defense and healt regen that enables me to defeat morchok and loot the crystals. So far, the worst problem lies on the stomp that one shots me... Anyone has any ideas?Enkki12 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Unexpected bis trinket for pvp rogues? Have http://www.wowhead.com/item=96523 equipped, pop evasion, get 30,000 extra mastery, lol at everyone as you 1shot themBoopboop6 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Possible Sub CnD workaround As I was sitting in my chair listening to my music in the dark with a headache I had an epiphany. After the CnD change I've had to kidney shot a person before I could burst then in order to keep that backside. So I though that if shadow dance does not remove stealth requirement then why not stealth to get that bonus. translation= shadow dance, vanish (make sure you spec subterfuge) I tested it and its a improvement then what we have now. Macro #showtooltip /castsequence reset=60 Shadow Dance, Shadow Blades, Vanish, Ambush /startattackKise7 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Loomz. Best looms for a rogue in everyones opinion?Cupïd9 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 2 Glyph ideas that may fix combat pvp Maybe, at least getting rid of the fiddly-ness (That's a word right?) of combat in pvp First glyph: Makes blade flurry affect one extra target, but transfers 100% dmg instead of 40% Second Glyph: Make killing spree only target one enemy unit. The current target. The blade flurry glyph would make using blade flurry to cleave a target and his pet/partner more viable. The killing spree glyph would make the unnecessary jumps go away.Outshanked9 May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013 Stacking whut now? So is it resilience what we stack or mastery? Crit is kinda meh imho or is crit still better? Agi is fun but you die far too quickPackofcrows7 May 30, 2013
May 29, 2013 Sub vs assasination PVE Is sub actually better in my level of gear than mut? (like noxxic says it is) Also is it just me or is our dps a bit low? I can eak out like ~110k on tank and spanks (just did 107 on Ji-Kun for example) and I'm getting beat by classes with comparable gear to mine by like 10k+Nemesìs8 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 What am i doing wrong? Hey rogues I'd just like some feedback on my pvp rotation. My main spec was Assass (because i like not having to be behind people to do dmg) but its easy to see that 9/10 rogues are using Sub for pvp. So im trying it out and cant seem to do any descent damage. My backstabs hit for about 5k w/ 10-12k crits and my eviscerate does about 20-30k w/ 5 combo points (and crits about 1/10 times i use it for no more than 35kish) I'm in full Malevolent gear (except for boots) and I have a couple of Tyrannical pieces everything is gemmed+enchanted (except for main hand wep) So am i doing something wrong? I mean even with a 5 combo point evis it just wont crit for anywhere near what im seeing other rogues do :SRonin2 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Rdruids vs Rogues This isn't a cry thread, or a fix 2's thread or whatever. Im not complaining/venting im trying to find out what I can do to prevent the -16pt losses at 1960 rating. Is it possible to kill rdruids as rogue? Im having some problems and im hoping some of the better Rogues that frequent here can help me out. Some games were getting a kill on a dps only for the rdruid to finish my hunter off. SO it comes down to a duel basically of me vs an rdruid. I have plenty of time to set-up properly with sang vein, dance and blades, with druid as low life as possible(Very ahrd for me to get the druid at an acceptable level to begin dancing on). I cannot for the life of me kill good rdruids, im positive they are much better players then me but I really dont think I should be losing to them. They are just kiting me for whatever time needed for HoTW to come back up and switching feral and im jsut exploding lol. Its not any 100k+ but there are quite a few 50-70k's. I cant escape him (was on dalaran but doesnt matter since I cant get re's cause of faerie anyway) so im forced to try and kidney/blind/gouge even dancing and DR cheap to give me another recup tick. Nothing seems to work, It happend about 2 weeks ago and again happened tonight so im hoping someone can give me some advice. The druids are obviously good but just so nobody questions it here are the ones that beat me: 2 weeks ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Boomhop/advanced Tonight: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Serkenn/advancedVirus9 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Post your Rediculous Rogue Transmog I'm going for gold. Still looking for some 1h daggers that look like a big fish. I'm so bored at work right now.Onoh21 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Rogue's In Challenge Modes Was thinking about leveling my rogue from 85 to 90 just for challenge modes, I started this DK about a month ago to tank them and had no problems getting 9/9. But I have been wondering what do rogues bring to challenge modes? they have no aoe stun but they have smoke bomb and aoe stealth. Is there any rogues out there able to provide information on optimal spec or gear they found useful? ThanksPaleknight1 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 whats a good rotation for assassination? Hey guys I recently picked up my rogue again after a pretty long layoff. Im looking to improve my DPS rotation in both PVP and PVE. I would greatly appreciate HELPFUL tips, thanks in advance.Sweetback6 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Poisons Has it always been possible to have two poisons active? I have just noticed that I can have Leeching poison and Deadly poison applied at the same time. Is there a downside to have two poisons applied?Gazzor17 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Looking for some help. I've been 90 for about 2-3weeks now, doing none stop pvp. What I need help with is learning how to finish people. I have a hard time with anyone that can heal or has some kind of "oh crap" button when under 20% hp. Which is pretty much everyone lol. Anyone with 390k health plus is like killing a raid boss for me. With the 65% res and drop on pvp power it's gotten even harder now. After my burst damage I seem to do almost nothing. My dps on a target dummy sits around 35k dps and my burst damage seems to be around 150k-200k, I feel this is way to low for my gear and I'm doing something wrong. I'm just not sure, its rare that I see a rogue out damage me in a bg or arena and when they do it's not by much. 2v2s seem fine but if they other team has a semi-geared healer its like throwing rocks at a tank. Any advice on what I should be doing world be great thanks.Xault0 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Rogues & Guns ...Or any other ranged weapon really. I'm just wondering if it's an intelligent tactic to keep a ranged weapon of some sort tucked in my back pocket. How often do situations come around in the daily life of a 90 Rogue where you would really love to be able to pull out a gun?Freshly6 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 PVP Poisons? Hi everyone, As the title suggests, I'm just wondering which poison to use during PVP in the context of both normal BG and Arenas? I'm aware of the importance of Wound Poison, but, as an assassin spec, wouldn't deadly poison appear the best overall since it gives back energy with Rupture? I'm fairly new in MoP, so any feedback would be appreciated!Laeys12 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Enchanting/Gemming question Wep enchants: Dancing steel x2, or Dancing steel + Weapon chain? Gem: Straight agility and some mastery or full PvP power? (I assume agility, but I don't want to go all out agility for them to revert the PvP power change or something.)Kommy0 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Question about Envenom ability With my rogue, I like to keep Slice and Dice up at all times. People are telling me to refresh it with Envenom. How does Envenom refresh SnD?Asstala7 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Things I Learned Given I haven't played a rogue since season 9, and before that I hadn't played since season 5. I've learned quite a few things while leveling, and doing arenas at 90 over the past 2 weeks. Quite frankly, I was very unaware of the things this class can do now. It's honestly some of the most fun I've had in a while. 1A: I can shadowstep friendly targets 1B: That includes demonic gateway 2: Survivor's Bag of Coins is the best item in this game 3. Shiv does not generate combo points 4. Gouge does not generate combo points 5. Expose armor does generate combo points 6. Detection is more fun than it should be 7. Feint is an endless front flip generator(fem undead exlusive<3) 7A. Feint doesn't break stealth, further making it one of the most fun abilities as a female undead. 8. Smoke bomb does not break stealth 9. Flare breaks me out of stealth when it's on top of a bridge and I'm under it. (Blade's edge arena) 10. Bandaging combined with subterfuge and glyph of stealth is really silly in arenas And finally, I'm squishier than a farmer cow's fresh feces. As of this post I remembered that Honor Among Thieves gives you combo points when you crit, not just your friends.Xori0 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 improving Hey guys (i have no idea why my caracter isnt showing the name is luminouso if you want to look him up. ) How can I get better at arena / battlegrounds. Just play and watch streams? When I do some arenas to try to get come conquest, me and my partner just blow chunks. We win 2 and lose like 13. I switched to tich because my main focus is ovp and I would lke to become very skilled at it. I know rogues may be kind of weak right now but I dont care as I will never ever quit this class. A couple side questions. How can I improve my chances of winning bgs (horde) and get my malv gear quicker. Gankhard, if you do happen to roll over this thread, how can I apply for caps lock crew? Whar are some macros I absolutely need?Fùzzy4 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Best 1-90 Dungeon Spec? I'm going to be doing a 1-90 with no sleep on twitch.tv for donations (charity) in a few days time, I am in the process of farming every piece of BoA gear and wanted a ask a few questions to help me out. Which Spec is best for Dungeons? I will be doing the majority of my leveling via Dungeons. Which BoA weapons should i get? Thank you so much :)Lukenuke6 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Tricks of Our Trade: Cookie Toss! In an attempt to bring the rogue community together, I say we follow in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem, Mangle: Bear, and more recently Power Word: (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains this. Link and info taken from Elethia's Power Word: Threads) and try to keep each thread up and running to cap. The Archives for the Tricks of our Trade threads can be found nowhere, because it was deleted many moons ago. It lives on in spirit. So, down to the business! Rules of the Thread are as follows: ... Topic: Immy! /coldstareAeriwen500 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 So why did they take CoS prep reset? Because being feared constantly is so fun. I can't kill the warlocks buddy, a paladin because he has hand of protection. No wait....my mistake....he has 2 HoP. So as it runs out im feared again, eating chaos bolts. The fact that fear isn't breaking on damage is great too. Hats off to blizzard. Best devs ever.Eurios10 May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013 Rogue's Stealth "BUGGED" For some reasons, I can target a rogue after he goes into stealth. Is it a bug that happened with server restart?Mystikia4 May 29, 2013
May 28, 2013 Does it get better? So I decided to pick up my Rogue back up after playing a Mage, Priest, Hunter, Monk and Warrior. I know I don't have the best gear, but this class feels neutered compared to my Mage, Warrior and Hunter. So my question is does it get better? And how should I gem him for PvP?Sweetback2 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 So...Combat? I just hit 90 last night and I am thinking about gearing up to play combat. Is combat viable for casual/world pvp? And how is it doing in PVE? Are there any combat rogues that stream, write guides, give advice?? Thanks in advance.Feloni7 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 Something, something, something, Combat Rogue inb4 buffs pls, wurst spec evar, and uninstalling wow and demanding refund bcuz 5.3, I have a slight idea as to what the problem with the combat rogue spec is. To preface this I do not: Have high end arena experience with Combat Have high end Raid experience with Combat I do however play this class for what it is and love it, lets begin (hopefully) The biggest problem with the combat spec, aka the bastard child of the rogue and fury warrior, is that its a wolf being raised in a den of lions. By that I mean its bogged down by the shackles of what people perceive a rogue to be. People see rogue and instantly get a stealthboner, and delusions of ambushing grandeur and poisonous deaths fill the mind. However the combat rogue is, as I'm sure everyone in this forum knows "a swashbuckler blah blah blah toe to toe badguys." while the other two guys are typical archetypes for what everyone and their mom believes a rogue to be. Combat falls under the blanket of such loveable characters as Bronn of the Blackwater (for you GoT fans) and the ever known and sometimes hated Drizzt Do'Urden (who is basically to combat rogues what Legolas is to hunters.) Pretty much like 86.5 & of pirates would probably still fall under the realm of a "combat rogue" and again, this is just throwing out a rough idea of how the spec is classified vs some examples from other, sometimes better, media. This being said I think Combat rogue is a shining example of how, regardless of the "uniqueness" of a spec, they are all locked in to the overall theme of a class, and that's not fun. I'm sure many of you can agree that Combat is not the only spec out there to suffer from this stigma. I don't really plan on giving mock talents and screaming for a Blue to validate my forum existence, or ragequit because a patch gave me a gnarly case of the hurtbutt, but there are some simple fixes to constantly complained about problems. Survivability a problem? Why can't Combat rogues wear mail? Yeah sure we would be competing with Hunters/Shaman, but we're already competing with Druids/Monks (then again does armor class really mean anything anymore? Burst damage a problem? Why can't we has a 2 point builder? Or better yet, why cant we have a chance to gain a combo point when dodged/parried or something? Stealth. Yeeeaaaaahhhh....about that. Some will fight to keep/remove stealth from the class "Rogue is about stealth openers/building/finishers" or "Combat don't need no stinkin' stealth!" While I'm happy to agree with both, I feel like there probably isn't a good answer to this. I love having stealth, its fun, but at the same time it feels out of place with combat at times. So that's basically my two cents, I doubt I've accomplished anything besides beating the gored remains of what was once a horse, but it seems like the real problem is we're all trying to play cuthroats, pirates, and agile swordsmen while being confined to the realm of would be Sassy' rogues with bigger knives. Feel free to rage, add your own two cents, or whatever, I'm just a dude writing stuff on the internet, what do I know. TL;DR- we are all these things, and maybe all the specs need a bit more identity than blizzard has given them. Rogue n. 1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal. 2. One who is playfully mischievous; a scamp. 3. A wandering beggar; a vagrant.Valthrian7 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 What am I doing wrong? Okay so I need your advice fellow rogues. When it comes to pve, I do fairly well. It's pvp that's becoming a problem for me. From like 30 to about 70 bracket I was doing really really well. Able to take down my target within a reasonable amount of time. Now however I'm not doing all that great in bgs. I spent a good 3 minutes on a holy priest trying to down him with now one else around and finally had to cloak and vanish before he killed me. I see other rouges doing other people like its a walk in the part but I'm struggling. I just started to learn how to key bind at about lvl 50 or so. I have about 5 spells bound right now but if I add more i get confused and start pushing wrong binds. I don't know if it's the level bracket or if I'm just fail at key binding. Any tips or help would be super appreciated. Thanks!Vortbek4 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 Love my rogue but looking to make a horde!!! I'm not faction changing just gonna lvl a new rogue as horde because I love them so much. My debate is on which race to pick mainly for PvP. I'm leaning towards undead. Any opinions on the preferred race to chose as a horde PvP rogue??? Thanks.Gotçha9 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 doble charged shadow step like monks roll well like the title, warriors got doble charge, monks got two rolls, 3 if they pick some talent, why dont we get shadow step with 2 charges each reset at 24 secs like normally SS CD is... that culd be great and very usefull.Rasker4 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 Why do I not auto attack out of stealth? It really irks me that when I ambush and start spamming Sinister Strike, it does not make me auto attack. I either have to right click or press T like a bad to start attacking. I tried using #showtooltip /startattack /cast Sinister Strike But it still doesn't start attack if I'm already engaged. It'll work if I'm not in aggro range and click SS. How the hell do you people play this half broken class?Bagon15 May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013 Great to be a Rogue! I love my rogue! I wana have rogue babies! give them little dagger rattle's and teach them to sneak up behind things. I'm so happy my main is a rogue! and over the pass 5 years of playing it I feel Blizz has almost got us perfect! It's just as fun as ever to play and I feel we are truly unique, I can always tell on the battle field a veteran rogue from alt, witch proves to me Blizz is doing great work with our class. As far as raiding goes I'm yet to turn hardcore again...LFR kinda turned raiding into some kind of daily chore... But once I truly feel one with my class again look out current top dps'ers! This rogue is sneaking up on you! Cheer!Tripilen8 May 28, 2013