Rogue

Oct 25, 2013 Killing spree+ blade flurry bug? Last week whenever I would killing spree with blade flurry on I would hit my primary target first and last and jump to wherever in between. This was good because if I had combo points on the target I would be in melee range whenever it was over. In some cases now I get teleported hella far away once it's over based on RNG. Was there a recent change to make it so you ended on whatever target instead of your primary? I haven't been able to find any mention of this. Has anyone else had the same issue?Othehumanity6 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Is there still a way to gank in cities? Is there any way to lose city guards now that vanish doesn't work on them? When you vanish, do ALL of the guards still see you or only the ones that you aggrod already? edit: do all of the guards behave this way, or only city guards? haven't played this rogue in a while.Randomroguez12 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Can't Hearth while Stealthed? I felt like we were able to hearth while stealthed and now it seems I can't do this Or am I just forgetful?Dugite6 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Crimson Tempest What's the use for this? I was using it on LFR Garrosh, but I didn't see much in damage from it. Any advice?Peperz18 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Kidney Shot Is it balanced as it is or am i in the right for getting extremely mad at it going on cooldown from being dodged or parried, which it feels like it so often does.Beasteaks17 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 hunter help Hey guys im 28 right now and im having a lot of trouble dealing with hunters. I sap pet open with ambush they disnegage root I trinket root I sprint pop evasion by thr time I get to them evason is almost over im re snared and its usually gg for me cause I cant never catch them again before im dead. Idk what else I can do to beat a hunter with half a brain. Sorry for any grammer im writing this on my phoneMissyshanks1 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Current BiS for Assassination? So what is the current Best in Slot list for Assassination? I've been looking around but I seem to keep getting different lists, some using off-tier pants, some using off-tier helm, the rings keep changing for me and blah blah. Also, what's the stats for Assassination at the moment? I feel like there was a memo I didn't get and now Shadowcraft is telling me that crit is better than Mastery, hell, it even has haste up higher. Thought haste lost it's goods when RPPM went kaput. Going to take a wild guess and say it was to do with the tier bonuses, eh?Chipetan4 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Combat question. I have always like combat and i recently switch mains and realize that theres no sword/axe with a fast speed is now daggers. when this happen? and why? i am not a fan of daggers since i have always like the combat Sword/Sword or Axe/axe or a mix and match of those. thanks.Arkellian3 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Questions about Ask Mr.Robot and Icy Veins So I've been assassination now for a while and mastery has always been the best secondary stat for all of MoP. On Icy Veins it is still saying that the best stat. However when I go to Ask Mr.Robot now it has the 2ndary stats as haste>crit>mastery. It messes all my stats up now. I gotta tell ya I don't believe Ask Mr.R but I don't know how to change it otherwise. Any advice on what to do.Socorrow3 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 hunter help Hey guys im 28 right now and im having a lot of trouble dealing with hunters. I sap pet open with ambush they disnegage root I trinket root I sprint pop evasion by thr time I get to them evason is almost over im re snared and its usually gg for me cause I cant never catch them again before im dead. Idk what else I can do to beat a hunter with half a brain. Sorry for any grammer im writing this on my phoneMissyshanks9 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 Just hit 90, what should buy with my honor pt I'm capped at 4k, don't know if I should go with tyrannical chest and shoulders or go for daggers. Any advice? Thanks in advance!Jjiiannaa6 Oct 25, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 What kind of DPS should I pull? (Ignore mog) I mostly PvP and, on my small not very competitive server, I am considered pretty good. but anytime I try and do any PvE it seems like I am just awful. I pull 65k DPS in my current gear. I know that my gear isn't the greatest but I feel like my DPS should be higher. Can anyone give me some Rotation tips or really any advice at all? EDIT: Oh dear god.. please ignore my mog... I don't PvE enough to waste gold remogging it.Kincayd7 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 The Right Rogue. I'm looking for someone, or someones with the right set of knowledge. Vanilla-Mists Experience in high end PvP is a must. But here's the twist. Ample knowledge of SSB:M Competitive Gameplay and Mechanics? Equally important. If you feel that you're the right rogue, there may, very possibly, (totally-ambiguous-non-terms-of-service-breaking-solicitation-asunder) be an exchange of currency. Interested applicants can reply in this thread. - The Doc.Dask13 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 The Sleeper, The Dreamer, The Xmogger. I've been meaning to create this post for some time now, but I guess I was hoping that Blizzard would just make the changes on their own; wishful thinking, on my part. Basically, I want to try and get as many rogues (or non-rogue classes) to petition to make all NON-LEGENDARY epics tansmoggable. Meaning, every early stage of any legendary: Rogue daggers, DK axe, caster staff, etc. Obviously, some classes will be left out seeing as how not all legendary weapons have Epic pre-stages. I hope, via this petition, we'll be able to xmog our early stage's of Legendary. Obviously, this does have its down-side, since you won't be getting the achievement for obtaining the actual legendary. Thank you for your time. :DShiki11 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 Rogue or Monk? Hello everyone, I'm having a really tough time choosing between these two. I'm planning on PvE and PvP. I want a class that's fun and doesn't get boring quickly, and something that's viable in raiding with a guild or group. Also a class that levels kind of quick, I know Monks have the pillgrimage thing, but I mean like without that being counted for. Thanks :)Shameltoetem12 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 Stat weights, using Shadowcraft Recently, Mr. Robot has been telling me to reforge Haste>Crit>Mastery, which is the opposite order of what it has told me in the past. I get that the 2 piece tier bonus is what makes crit move up the priority list, but I don't get what would make mastery move down like that. I looked around on the forums and general consensus was "use Shadowcraft." So I did, and it's confusing me. At first, it shows the same as Mr. Robot; Haste>Crit>Mastery although values are extremely close, especially between haste and crit. Hitting Auto-Reforge All increases DPS, but also changes the stat weights to Mastery>Crit>Haste. Hitting Auto-Reforge a second time still increases DPS, but stat weights go back to their original order. Continuing this trend just makes it go back and forth with the weights, but now up and down with the DPS. At the highest DPS, the stat weights place haste first, but everything is reforged with mastery first. So yeah, what should I do?Chøke2 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 Pvp gemming in 5.4 What's up guys, I just came back from a 5mo layoff to see that alot of ppl are not gemming resil or power anymore. I know resil went to 65% baseline, but I haven't gotten a clear answer why everyone is gemming agi/mastery instead of pvp power? I'm all ears for any suggestions on how to gem for a sub rogue in 5.4. Thank you in advance. Btw, I'm not hiding my rogue I was messing around with my wow app and forgot this toon was on. CaligvlaCøwdung8 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 Best rogue solo'ing spec? What's best rogue solo'ing spec? I know Sub is out of the picture since stealth opener is a big part of Sub, and you'll never be vanishing or anything during fights or being able to get Backstab's and Ambushes out. So between Combat and Assasination which is better? more important situational CD's, better healing...etc. Also which would be best talents/glyphs to help solo'ing survivablity.Mandela18 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 24, 2013 Best opener for Assassin rogues? IcyVeins says to open with Mutilate, but looking at Venomous Wounds, why wouldn't we open with Garrote? Wouldn't the procs and energy returns, before we got Rupture up, be more beneficial? About to ding 90, and this is the one thing I'm really confused about, any insight would be helpful, thanks!Boxes44 Oct 24, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Best Rogue Video I have seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEl9wSfyts Its low level but still one of the best rogue video's I have seenDâlek11 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 /Cry WTF am I doing wrong? I need some help here. I have done all the research. Its all about reforging. I am using Shadowcraft, it screws me up like a football bat. Askmrcrapbot does not work. Reforgelite does not even get me close. I am Assasination spec and none of these reforge sites get my MHit and Expertise even close to where it is supposed to be. Any of you expert rogues have any ideas? Thank you very much.Icyblades4 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Legendary meta or pvp meta? So should I use the Capacitive primal diamond or the Grievous primal diamond for pvp?Kealrix7 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Suggestion: Do not Use Ask Mr Robot Not sure what they did in the last day or so, but using it dropped me alot on dps. It seems they priortized haste over mastery. Reading their forums, it seems they based it on a complaint by a rogue who was very well geared. It may work for those who have the highest gear, but it appears it really messes things up for those with a lower ilevel. Just a precaution for those who used it recently and are assassination rogues Think ill use shadowcraft for the time being till i can understand reforging enough to do my ownNewfierogue22 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Macro help Trying to get a macro to work with rogue #showtooltip [stealth] Cheap Shot; Stealth /cast [stealth,nomodifier] Cheap Shot; [stealth] Stealth; [nostealth]Stealth But i want to add Kidney in there as incombat how would i do this?Dòómkin7 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Has anyone been playing Sub lately? (PvE) I've really been enjoying it, I find it a lot more interesting and fun compared to Assassination which I was previously, however I have a few questions. I was with another Rogue today and he was 2ilvls lower than I was but pulling 10k more dps than me as Assassination. I know specs have their strengths and weaknesses in SoO, but this bothers me a little. How much better is Assassination compared to Sub? Secondly currently I'm Crit>Haste>Mast as SC is telling me too and I'm enjoying it, but how would Mast>Haste>Crit fair up to this? I don't have my legendary yet but I'm working on it and am at the runestones part. Third, which should mean more to me? Playing what I enjoy or playing what's best in order to help the group or raid? For me, Assassination is ridiculously easily and is hard to screw up while Sub can become complicated with FW and cooldowns but a lot more enjoyable to play.Abme3 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Tricks of Our Trade: Punlocked In an attempt to bring the rogue community together, I say we follow in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem, Mangle: Bear, and more recently Power Word: (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains this. Link and info taken from Elethia's Power Word: Threads) and try to keep each thread up and running to cap. The Archives for the Tricks of our Trade threads can be found nowhere, because it was deleted many moons ago. It lives on in spirit. So, down to the business! Rules of the Thread are as follows: 1. Play nice! We're here to help boost the community, not rip it to shreds with our daggers! Every rogue has the right to come post on the forums, so please no bashing other players in the thread (or any others for that matter). Disagreements will happen, but don't let them turn into screaming matches. 2. Its all about having fun with your fellow rogues! Try not to change the subjects to hating whatever the flavor of the month class is or whatnot. We want the rogue community to look good! (at least, on the surface :P). Casual chatting between the rogues is encouraged. 3. Try to help out your fellow players! Whether it be for pve, pvp, soloing content, 1v1ing, stealthing through Orgrimmar or Stormwind for giggles, or whatever may come up. After all, it'll only make us look better as a whole. 4. More to be added if needed later. Rogue vent: Unavailable right now. We have a Reddit (that noone ever posts in) for all the bums without a subscription: http://www.reddit.com/r/roguelegion/ We now have a Rogue Guild! US-Bleeding Hollow Horde <Tricks of Our Trade> We welcome our [friends] from all classes! Please take a seat and heed no mind to the fact that the doors have locked behind you. Topic: I will start off the rogue-themed puns: Why do rogues make bad guild recruiters? Because they always pick Locks!Frai500 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Rogue gemming Is it better to gem 160 agility or 80 pvp power and 80 agility + 60 agility socket bonus? 20 agility > or < 80 pvp powerLee4 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 optimizing / gut feeling blah. so today i said FU mr Robot and Shadowcraft. I have the 2pc but I just feel like Mastery is still the way to go. on a good note, I got two items from my first normal. now about those pesky secrets. <3Immurë2 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Solo rogues? I feel like I am the only one in timeless isle that does not group up to get bloody coins. I love going lone wolf in PvP. Anyone else with me or is it just me?Dags10 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Soloer combat stat priority So Noxx suggests <shrug> Agility > Expertise (7.5%) > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Mastery = Crit Soloing recount states my regular melee attacks take up quite a large portion of my damage. Would it not then be better than to stack more to hit @340/1% over haste @425/1% bringing up my overall dps. Mainly doing elites in combat role in Timeless. P.S. Forgot about Exp also, @340/1%Cutter2 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 A few questions from a returning rogue Hello my fellow rogues, I recently returned to this game and have started gearing and pvping. I've always been an average player when it comes to pvp but I'm trying to get better and have been lurking the forums for tips and the stickies helped a lot. I just have a few questions I need answers for 1. I understand sub is considered the spec with the highest skill requirement, at my level though I perform better with assassination. What does it take to really shine with sub spec? 2. "pooling energy" I understand the concept behind it, but where do I want to keep my energy at in pvp? I tend to get spammy with my mutilations and go dry quick. Any tips to help me not be so liberal with my energy? 3. Finally, I always enjoyed world pvp and someone mentioned in general chat that heroic pve gear is better for wpvp than pvp gear, is this true?Fondlefiend5 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Slice and Dice / Assassination I was reading some of the rogue threads, and one of the posters seemed pretty adamant about not using MfD / SnD to open. I generally pop MfD / SnD for the max SnD then open with ambush > rupture > mut and then adjust accordingly per the fight. I pop Envenom to refresh SnD. Am I doing something wrong here? PvP is the setting, not PvE.Stabsmcgank5 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 Can an Assassin Rogue use Swords? Just in the off hand. I like the look off a dagger and sword (pirate-like) but I don't want to gimp myself in the process.Kageshi6 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 23, 2013 The rogue talents I think are too much. 1) Subterfuge. It's nice, don't get my wrong, but attacking someone while still in stealth is kinda gimp. Like, really? On the bright side/dark side, it doesn't work against hunters with flare. 2) Burst of Speed. We are virtually immune to snares now. At least we don't get kited though. I mean, it's a great talent, but I think it needs to cost a little more energy. 3) Paralytic poison. These kid rogues are already too reliant on stuns. I run this poison for the root, but seeing how much my opponent gets stunned almost makes me feel bad. Almost. The other talents are nice, though. Darkstalker or whatever it is could use a rework. Or maybe not, it's good for leveling. What are your thoughts?Phantom33 Oct 23, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 PVE Stat Priority 5.4 So I've been doing some research and with the changes to RPPM it looks to me as though Mastery will again be the top stat for Assassination next week. I continue to read on as next Tuesday approaches but I was curious if that is what fellow rogues are finding as well. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.Sharust19 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Why you have to use Marked for Death For assassination spec 1. You can open with 5 point rupture and instantly go into a 5 point kidney 2. You can slap 5 points of recoup while running away or in stealth at low HP 3. Instant 5 points of slice and dice when appropriate 4. Focus mark kidney on healer = dead dps 5. Last second 5 point envenom to secure kill 6. 1 minute cooldown that resets on death so its virtually always up I have always loved ninja stars, but after playing with MFD for a few days.. This seems like the most viable option. Love to hear some opinions otherwise! ThanksWetsnake7 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Best World PvP Spec? (New Rogue). Like the title says, I'm curious what a good wpvp spec is for rogues. Just got this guy to 90 and I'm looking forward to giving the rogue class a shot. Any additional advice on rogue pvp would be welcome also!Lekter14 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 haste or mastery for assas pve Hey guys was working on enchanting this alt and reforging and regemming and was wondering for pve at my gear level if haste or mastery was better after i hit the 7.5% expertise cap ?Crazyyrogue8 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Sub or Sin for Rogue/hpriest? I like the burst of sub but is the sustained worth it for this comp?Uhlone3 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Why so much hate brosephs? -Snipped- This thread is now about waffles. Nothing to see hereDexterous14 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Assassin Opener? So I've been messing around with my rogue. Going from talent to talent. And Opening with Garrote and Assassination. I don't really know which is better. Could use some advice. Or some pointers.Kelvynlas3 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Oh... My... Mog...! So I've finally finished this really agonizing mog set. All of the pieces were reasonably easy to get, except the chest piece which took me 2 months to farm every week. Opinions? I have seen any other rogue with this set, nor any rogue using the daggers.Lygo6 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 What should my rotation and spec be 80-90 D:? First time rogue i used the scroll to get a free 80 rogue dont know how to play itCrawnk8 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Keeping your Rogue fun. I'm pretty sure we've all seen the gankers kit of ganking sticky, or that most of us have used throw / shuriken toss on the losing dueler of the opposite faction. I could go on and on about things I've done on my rogue in the past that have made this class that much more fun. I'd like to hear it from the Rogue Community though. What are you doing that you think every rogue should be doing? What secrets have you found? What items / vanity items go well with the way we are able to perform ganking, pvp, etc? I'm pretty sure y'all get the point of the thread, so lets hear it from you guys. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020802238 <--Gankers kit of Ganking threadSweazley20 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 glyph of sang vein? hey guys, so I was wondering on your opinions regarding sang vein? I saw a couple of top rogues using it so I also tried it and it's sort of nice not having to keep up rupture, HOWEVER I've looked at most of the top rogues atm and none of them are running it. So, any explanations as to why? is it just better to keep up rupture and use the cheap shot glype? any comments/advice/tips much appreciated :) thanksZorex5 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Garrote question So I have a question related to garrote. If I am in the middle of a fight and I've already got rupture up on the target, will vanish-Garrote override Rupture for Venomous Wounds?Shintzu5 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Any advice against monks? My poor attempt at being a bit humorous while asking a question at the same time. Serious question within, I assure you. Seems that PvP has become a sanctuary for Monks who don't want to PvP. They want to cast sequence macro /s lol with roll, roll, leap kick lulzorz over and over, with some special tiger sauce and sphere orbzorz demigod bubbs thrown into the mix. Now, hilarity aside, I need to accept that Monks are like basically NASCAR and Dollar Tree sling shots rolled into one, and like to be anywhere but where you are. I get that, so the serious part of this post is... how do we fight a monk and actually... you know... kill them? I can get a monk to stick around long enough to take a little bit of tickle damage, but then when he is tired of pretending to be here for PvP, he macro kick, roll, roll, away like a Bob Seger album. If I stun one of the monk specs, I believe the mistweaver/healer, they are then at 100% dodge and your stun is completely useless on them if you are trying to 'gasp' lock them down and kill them, so I've swapped to Garrote instead of the stun, but that doesn't stop them from moving away from you. Crippling poison procs are pointless as roll away out of range, and they have more rolls and kicks where that came from. Yea... I get it, new class, so they have to be ridiculous, it is a certain trademark around here, but the question is... in all sincerity, how do I adapt to this and go toe to toe with a fleeing monk? I'd like to 1v1 slap the flag of ownership on them for once. So yes, a little help with kiting frenzy monks please, thank you.Stabsmcgank1 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Which PvP trinket?? I finally finished my full Tyrannical set with the purchase of my trinket. I had two choices: 1. The Insignia of Conquest has a chance to give you 4066 agility on hit. 2. The Badge of Conquest gives you 2881 agility on click. I purchased the first thinking that a) it's one less button to push b) those on-hit trinkets go off all the time, and c) 4066 >> 2881. But reading the forums, I see most players are using the on-click trinket. Can you experts explain why? I had a bunch of leftover honor points so I went back and bought the other just to experiment but I figured I'd get more data by asking you all. TIADresgar4 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 Did Cloaked ever tell you guys about the story of Cloaked's FIRST COLLEGE FRIEND?!?!? So there Cloaked was in Cloaked's IT 200-level class, a class full of people who looks JUST like they play WoW. wow so info such smart high knowledge Then in the cafeteria, Cloaked saw some guy playing WoW!!! Now this was back in ToC or maybe ICC days (mid-late WotLK). The guy had an AWESOME laptop. The guy showed Cloaked how many FPS he got and the indicator just said "real life." Cloaked was really amazed. But that's where Cloaked's amaze ended. Cloaked asked the guy about his DPS. The guy was assassination. Cloaked saw Mutilate on his toolbar. But that isn't what the guy used on the Argent Tournament dummy. Okay get ready guys. Cloaked suggests you just sit on the floor instead of on a chair/couch because you're gonna freaking fall out of it. guy clicks Sinister Strike twice, then Eviscerate. then continues to do stuff to the dummy. He has the tanking sword in his hand. he says "yeah just need some more gear to get my DPS up" WOW such a wise expert play unparalleled rouge king worlds goodest thief Cloaked couldn't do it. Cloaked couldn't tell the guy he had a long way to go. Fortunately, Cloaked hasn't seen this guy since. It was hard to ever smile at him sincerely.Cloaked5 Oct 22, 2013
Oct 21, 2013 Tinman's 5.4 Sub Rogue PvP Guide Check out Tinman's New Sub Rogue PvP Guide for 5.4!!! Don't Forget to Like and Sub!! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HwRzQGv43M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUJ0CC8truuFsr0P1fvlPTIABrítneyfears2 Oct 21, 2013