Rogue

Nov 6, 2013 What spec do you Rogues recommend? I'm not sure what spec to stick with, playing Sub and Assassination. I'm not a hardcore 2s or 3s player, I prefer duels and world PvP, meaning most pvp is 1v1. What spec is best for rogues for how I play? I like assassination for the consistent damage, but sometimes I feel I need a burst, but the thing I don't like about sub is how much you have to rely on SD, and how you have to keep track of enemy defensives and try to force them, but I am willing to get better at Sub if you guys think it is better for duels and WPvP.Noctik2 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 best arena current pvp spec? what is the preferred arena spec now? i havent touched my rogue since it hit 90 at launch..Deathznear4 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 Assassination Rogue: Opener What would be the best Opener for Assassination rogue? Ambush or Garrote.. I had Subterfuge and one point where i used ambush garrote and shiv but these is a delay and I felt that I could be doing more dps if I was mutilating instead waiting the last ~1 sec and letting my dots go down.. only to use slice and dice So which would be better Garrote or Ambush?Edall135 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 butter knife pvp Why does blizzard insist rogues must use daggers to pvp optimally. Last time i think combat was really competitive was in BC. I wish combat had less white damage and more ablity damage and i would be willing to trade ks for some more sustained damage. 5 seconds of fun and 2 mins of frustration leaves one umm frustrated! blizz im sick of your daggers i want to pvp with swords!Seráph16 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 How are rogues on Timeless Isle? Thinking of leveling my rogue to 90. However, as I'm used to playing solo on tanking classes and their ability to AOE as well as tank elites on Isle of Thunder as well as Timeless Isle, just curious how rogues do solo? I enjoy playing my monk, warrior and DK, but looking to push my dps in raiding a bit higher. My understanding is rogues generally provide better dps than the tanking hybrids. I PVP a little, nothing more than regular BGs and maybe 10 games in arena just for points if that matters. Appreciate feedback/thoughts.Lorellan6 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 Arena Comps S14: What has worked for you? I'm new to playing rogue in arenas, and don't have a very good feel for what synergizes well with rogues this season. What comps have you played at a casual level (1700-2k) and what comps have you played at a more competitive level that have worked in S14? 2s: MR, R/??? 3s: RMP, ???Scroodles2 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 Transmog question I hope this is the right place to post this (since there is no transmog section). So I think the wardens in night elf culture are really cool. does anyone know a way to get that kinda look with leather? Also, if nobody has any warden ideas, what is a set that really reflects night elven culture? something that screams NIGHT ELF ROGUE.Erirn2 Nov 6, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Best 2's and 3's comps. So I've recently gotten back into the game on my rogue and have started searching for a viable 2's and 3's comp. I've messed around with Rogue/Warrior, Rogue/Disc, Rogue/RSham.. none of which felt right to me. I tried Rogue/Hunter as well, which seemed to flow better, but I've since misplaced my hunter. What comps are people running with decent success in 2's right now? As for 3's, I know RMP and RLS are supposed to be strong, but are those our only options to start chasing rating?Merylle6 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Race for a Rogue? Should I roll a Orc/Troll for racials or should I chose a Blood Elf/Undead for the way they look. This is going to be my first Horde toon so I don't know how strong the Orc/Troll racial actually is. If I should go for the racial is Orc or Troll better? Thanks in advance. Edit: I do realize that there is a thread about this right below mine, but I decided to make my own instead of continuing the necro of a dead thread.Eyvaldr4 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Grievous Hi there, I was thinking of what to buy next for PvP a slow weapon or a dagger. It basically comes down to combat or assassin spec. Any suggestions?Cutter9 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 DPS I can't get it up. Hi, i am having a hard time getting my dps up. I know my talents and such work fine, but I cannot get my dps up for pvp. I thinks it's my reforge or gems. But I canot find a good way to figure out what I need to do. Shadowcraft and such have all been to no avail. any help anyone? Thank in advance for any advice you can give.Tenaie11 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 PSA: Ruthlessness Agro Bug Yes, I know this is "old news" to some, but there exsists a bug with ruthlessness such that the combo point generated by finishers, including recuperate r snd will agro a mob not already in combat. Be careful what you target when using a finisher, even popping recuperate after a vanish can cause the mob to re-agro. Here's a video demonstration: http://youtu.be/WSsrndLqDHkAeriwen0 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 best horde race for rogue so iv gotten tired of him being big and bulky :( lol so my question is what race/gender looks best as a rogue :DHititnquitit45 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Confused by PVE vs. PVP gear Not sure where else to post this so I'll put it here where the best players are playing the best class! I'm a new WoW player and have my one and only character at 90. I love the PVP aspect of the game and have been working towards a full set of Grievous gear. I assumed I was doing the right thing -- PVP gear, which contains PVP-specific bonuses for PVP. But something in chat changed my world. Someone was complaining about getting killed on Timeless Isle (on a PVP server, no less...really, what do they expect??) and someone else said that if he switched to PVE gear, he'd get killed less. HUH? So everything I thought I knew went out the window. I did some research and it seems that PVE gear is leveled down in BGs and Arenas but in WPVP, it's not leveled and is superior to PVP? Really? So that Grievous gear I've been so focused on obtaining is really just good for BGs and Arenas and I should have been grinding out raids (ugh) for WPVP gear?Dresgar13 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Need some opinions! So im currently lvling up a rogue, and i was wondering how well the Fist boas would work? im a Sub rogue, is there a better spec to lvl up in?Dafakk11 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Can a PvP rogue help (pref high rating) Can some of you guys post a screenshot of your action bars? both in stealth and out of stealth if they are any different please :)Denkstoges3 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 hemorrage bleed stacks with itself? hi folks. Does the bleed effect from rogue attack "hemorrage" stack with itself? thanks!Rakaik8 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Rogue vs Frost Mage Hey guys, Assassination Rogue here! So I was duelling a frost mage the other day and he is very good. A rarity in any class on my server. Anyway just looking for some ideas on what you guys do out there against good frost mages. I usually try to work this stuff out on my own but I'm at a loss with this one. Any tips on the opener? Will I have time to garrot-->cheapshot before he waddles out of range or do i have to shiv him before garroting? Is maintaining crippling shiv debuff on him vital or is the passive enough? How do I deal with his novas? I want to save my cloak and vanishes for as long as possible. Any tricks you guys use to stick on him? I find that I want to use shadow step but he will iceblock and alter time looong before he blinks away with shadow step up. and I cant catch him without BoS. Should I be able to? Shuriken Toss or Marked for Death? I struggle to catch him so MfD is usually used on a 5 point recoup to be honest. I know that's silly but I'm often in the situation where that is the only thing I can do. Any help or ideas on what you found works would be treasure fellahs! You Rule!Illghostyou8 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Subtlety Stat Tips Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I've decided that I want to twink this character out at level 70. I realize that stat weights may be different at level 70, but let's assume that it works in a similar way. Answer as if I was a level 90. I'm looking to run dungeons and Random Battlegrounds First question: Hit Cap. I've been trying to get rid of a lot of it lately, as I think I have too much. At +11.49% Hit, do I have too much? Second question: Crit vs Haste. I currently have lots of crit (a 27.99% chance to crit) and not a lot of haste. Since Haste increases my energy regen, I figured that it was a good stat to try to get a lot of. Yes or no? Third question: Expertise. I have none. Should I try to get it from gems or enchants? Fourth question: My meta. I don't have a whole lot of options, but did I pick the proper meta? Fifth question: What enchants should I be looking for besides plain stat increases? Sixth question: Do you like my gear? :3Alcone2 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Favourite race for rogue? Whats your favourite race for rogue and why?Zimerman11 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 subterfuge or shadow focus actually wanted to make a thread about this. i keep reading everywhere for sub pve to use subterfuge, its a huge dps increase whatever. but i take shadow focus over it for a good reason though. and yes i know how to play sub competently in pve reason being i take SF over fuge is because when you start the fight, you're going to want to dance as soon as you possibly can, because that is when all you're trinkets are proced and what not. now with this talent i can garrote dance/blades spambush without having to spend the CP to apply rupture until the end of it, my procs are up still anyways. on top of that, when having to vanish right before FW you dont have to worry about having the energy pooled for it, so its nice now with fuge (for some time i also used to use SF over this in pvp, was fun actually) i worked it out for a bit on a dummy, good hour or so. i then realized that in the longrun it deprives my energy, having to pool energy for that vanish ambush right as FW falls off isnt fun. so, what do you guys think 4am grammar so sorry if its a complete wreckKohnsu6 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Shadowcraft and stats attributes for Assassin I recently wrote a thread (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10389279190) on the RNG screwing with me, primarily about how weapons were not dropping for me, and a high geared rogue named Valentinee popped in, having not read what the thread was about, she* proceeded to make the assumption that my dps sucks, and that I was looking to make not having high end weapons as an excuse as to assumedly having crap dps. Then berated me on my gems and reforges, then linked me Shadowcraft, something any rogue should know about. first: My dps isn't !@#$ when compared to what Shadowcraft has me at. second: if you don't read the post fully why post insensitive crap anyway? MAIN ISSUE: Shadowcraft, If me being 99% (at the time, it was 250K, optimized 252k) optimized to Shadowcraft's suggestion is enough to warrant a berating from a heroic raider, then Logically, if I follow Shadowcraft's optimization then I will be 100% optimized and then wont be subjected to such eliticism? Unfortunately Shadowcraft is in a way telling me that its NOT POSSIBLE to be fully optimized. if I hit Reforge + regem I get a dps number, and my stats change. this is normal right? 7.5k crit, 11.3k haste, 5.6k mastery... sweet so haste is more cause of legendaries right? I hit Reforge + regem and get 10.1k crit, 5.9k haste, 8.4k mastery.... ok? so crits important cause of t16 right? so I hit Reforge + regem and get 8.2 crit, 5.9k haste, 10.3 mastery.... ok, now i'm confused, Mastery is the most important now? So, not only am I not 'fully optimized' and called out on it, but I CANNOT reach optimization? Is the 1-2% boost worth this headache? Am I using Shadowcraft wrong? Question: How do I use Shadowcraft when I get a different answer every time I click the button? How do I optimize myself so that I will have the max potential dps? what are the stat priorities ACTUALLY!? and if they scale off a cliff under the others, when do they? -This is for assassination, but as I posted before, if I get a 2.6 hander, i'm going to go combat most likely) TLDR: If you want to pull a Valeninee and post without reading this, then you may very well miss the point i'm getting at, and will contribute nothing, so don't post -_-;Toxican4 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 <The Shadow Blades> ALL ROGUE PVP GUILD Hello my fellow rogues! I have recently created a new rogues only guild. Our main focuses include wpvp, arena, and battlegrounds. We also share an uneasy RP truce with the alliance rogue guild <Eastern Thieves Guild>. Emerald Dream is famous for it's world pvp environment. If large scale world pvp with an all rogue team sounds fun to you, then please come check us out!Maltheris13 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 low level pvp openers So this is my first rogue...I've read the stickies, and looked here for advice, but ive run across lots of mixed opinions. My current opener is pre-med, SnD, CS, Garrote, Hemo, BS to five cp's then rupture or evis depending on the targets hp. I think rupture may be a waste though, but after the opener i feel like the bleeds hurt them pretty badly. Anyway, whats the best way to open at this level? BS or Amb? Rupture or no? Cs to garrote, or garrote to CS? Any advice would be appreciated. This is a really fun class, i'd really like to learn to use it properly.Khamon4 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 My first video with Sub Rogue PVP :) Hi guys, I edited my first video, while learning to play Rogue in US Ragnaros Server. Hope you like it, all constructive comments are wellcome :) Bye! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpfZTq7LxTQNafthalina6 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Feedback from standard keyboard/mouse users. I'm looking to do another basics video and I figured I should start with where to put your buttons. I'm starting from the standpoint of someone completely new to the class and maybe even the game. I want to make a video demonstrating a simple, but clean keyboard layout for abilities. Nothing special about the keyboard and the mouse is a standard 5 button windows mouse. It's been so long since I've used that type of setup that I don't know what I did, so I'm looking for help. Please post your bindings and or relevant macros. Please no esdf setups, bar addons or fancy arena/focus macros. They can learn that stuff later. Where do you guys put your abilities and how do you manage your layout?Aeriwen17 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Rogues offhand should do 100% damage Yes or no? scince the damage and speed is the same now and rogues damage being a little weak compared to other melee dps why not let the offhand do full damage too instead of 50% damage. scince the rogue class is the primary "dual-weild" class i just think it should be this way but what do you guys think? edit: by the way, i'm solely a pvper so i dont know how rogues do in pve so this could be a bad idea if their dps is already really good.Burick18 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 I work out just hit another rogue for 175k eviscerate yes i had the zerker buff and yes it was magicalJay1 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Ruthlessness procs pulling mobs. Is this intended design? Say you kill a mob and it dies with a combo point left on itself. Say you target your next mob and then you use that combo point to refresh SnD or use Recuperate. If you get a ruthlessness proc, the combo point being added to the new target will aggro it regardless of distance.Merchai3 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Anyone play on DSL? I recently moved and I am unable to receive Cable internet at my new place of residence. I was wondering if anyone else plays on DSL and which company they use.Guiltyy7 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 ROFL SUBTERFUGE SO OP Thanks for the ability to kill people before they even see us blizz... Subterfuge is probably the most overpowered ability i've ever seen lol. CheersZayné23 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Pet stealth If you stealth will your noncombat pet also stealth?Frostedtips11 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Subterfuge going off randomly This is extremely annoying. i have yet to notice if it goes off when i gain or lose an aura-buff given by team mates, but i know i am not in combat at the time. Also, my trinket Ticking Ebon Detonator, procs its buff even when i'm not in combat, but have a target selected that is in combat.Badjuicy3 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Soloing high level Vanilla content Good evening ladies and gents. So. With my current gear, and being quite skilled as a rogue, is it possible to solo any Vanilla raids? Dungeons are easy, but raids hit harder and are higher level. If not, is the answer to just run through more BC raids with guildies for gear?Alcone6 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Perplexed a little on priority of attributes. Starting off my gear is kinda crappy but I believe I have 4 pieces of season 14 Tyrannical. Is it true you only need 3% hit for PVP as a rogue? I am assassination spec and I am trying to mainly stack mastery. Some of these gear optimization sites keep saying I need more haste but I would rather lean more toward mastery and agility. And I hear there are rogues running more than 70% mastery. I am really kinda perplexed here so any advice would really be appreciated! Thanks!Pitcher2 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Someone ask a difficult question so Pancake or Fierydemise can explain it =D Oh, Verelyse explains goodly too. Blacksad does sometimes! DUDE one time Blacksad disagreed with Cloaked Cloaked was like >:( but then realized BS was right. Cloaked has much respects for Blacksad, because you know, it can't be easy to oppose such a great presence as Cloaked's. GOOD JOB BLACKSAD, GOOD JOB!Cloaked18 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 macro - @focus shadowstep, redirect, kidney hi guys, so pretty much i'm trying to make a macro that shadowsteps to my focus'd target, then redirects, then kidney shots. Can someone please help me out? so far i have: #showtooltip /castsequence [@focus] reset=14 Shadowstep, Redirect, Kidney Shot but all it does is shadowstep, Redirect. It doesn't Kidney shot :/ PS. can someone please explain to me what reset=14 does? i've seen some with reset=20 so i have no clue what that is! Thanks heaps, appreciate any help!Zorex18 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Reforge help Hey guys, i play assassination pvp (i love it, tried sub and did not enjoy it). I have my full pvp set finally, and i reforged a couple peaces to get my hit and expertise at 3%. according to noxxic.com it is Mastery>haste>crit. right now i have a precious 23.55% crit, which Seal Fate takes full advantage of, so if i reforge all my gear my crit will fall well below 18%. Is that really what i should do? Is the extra mastery/haste really better for an assasination rogue? Im thinking Seal Fate is a bigger difference maker then they say right?Bolgin1 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Subtlety Talent Question Hello Rogue Community I've recently did a SoR on one of my old accounts, and I now have a level 80 rogue. So I was wondering if the talent's I chose are good for pvp. Was also wondering is subtlety good for pve or is combat or assassin better. Anyways talents I chose are. Tier 15 ~ Nightstalker Tier 30 ~ Nerve Strike Tier 45 ~ Cheat Death Tier 60 ~ Cloak & Dagger Tier 75 ~ Paralytic PoissonMoregorn4 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Please help me on keybinds! Hi, I have been a wow player for quite some time, 2 months into the game I realized how important it was to keybind.... but today I believe my keybindings are absolutely horrid! I don't have a razer naga or any fancy mouse with all those buttons so i have to keybind with just my keyboard... I think my biggest problem is that I bind Q W E R A D S, so i only use my mouse to move... i always feel very unorganized and clunky.... can you guys give me some advice or keybidinign tips without a naga??? thanks!Isoloyou1 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Captain Doren Is this a cruel joke? I have fair gear on my rogue but he does the whirlwind every 3 seconds. In 10 tries I got him to the second stage twice. Nothing stuns him and dismantle is not up enough. Running is suggested at WoWhead, but running out resets him and running around the cave does little good as he hits me in the back.Dooa1 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Matching cape for s11 cataclysmic? The only suggestion I have found is Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Cape of Prowess (mop crafted purple) but I don't think that looks good. Has anyone found a better one?Kjelle3 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Best lvl 70 Spec...? Hello! I'm planning on stopping this rogue at level 70, probably twinking him for fun. What is the best PVE spec for that level? Thanks =)Dragon4 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Stealth Keybind Good afternoon ladies and gentlethugs Is it possible to make a keybind for stealth without moving it to an action bar? I tried binding the 'Extra Action Slot' to '~' but that didn't work. On another note, I accidentally made a face! I shall call him squishy and he will be my squishy! Squishy- '~'Alcone3 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Let's make haste! Sup fellow rogues. Here is my question. At what point should I start stacking more crit? Is there a point when haste loses its potency? And if so when would that be. What CRIT numbers should I shoot for... 40+? Thanks in advance! HYPEHypeshow5 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Venomous wounds Anyone else find that venomous isnt procing energy regen properly? farming turtles on the isle, same buffs, same rotation, same enemy, my energy just seems very random and not smooth since the last patch.Redserpent6 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Combat PVP! Quick little question. Am I better off sticking with stacking Haste in PVP as Combat, or... what's better? The increase to Sinister strike's cost has made Combat totally unplayable (in PVE, mind you) prior to hitting a certain point of energy regen. In PVP, while fun, I'm finding Combat doesn't do jack 'til my cooldowns are available again. Advice? No "Play Sub". Screw Sub. Screw positional requirements. Screw Shadowdance.Bocconcini14 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 PvE Speccing Hey guys I've usually PvE'd casually as assassination seeing as how it's so gear friendly and pretty simple to play. However, I recently picked up Seismic Bore from LFR so that plus my other fist weapon I've had sitting in my bags since a few patches ago ended up being better than my PvP weapons (Shocker). Anyway, I looked on Noxxic and such and it does say that combat is more represented than assassination but I was just wondering, should I get more gear than this before attempting to play combat? I feel it's more gear dependent than assassination. I reforged for combat but I haven't gemmed yet because I'm pretty poor and I didn't want to buy the gems if I wasn't going to do this for sure. Anyway, I guess my real question is, as I stated before but I will ask more clearly, should I wait until I get some gear from Flex or even more gear from LFR before I actually play combat? I know some of you will say, "It's just LFR, play what you want, it doesn't matter that much." Which is true, but I enjoy having the best DPS I can. Thanks in advance!Mordios6 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Rogue tips for Wrathion's Thunder Forge Quest The final stage gets me every time. I saw the spear once but died because I got stuck on something in the environment trying to get it while he rained meteors of pain on me. Not blaming the layout but how can I keep DPS on the guy when I'm constantly having to dodge crap and run for an anvil and not have the anvils run out before the spear shows up? I tried the darkwater potion trick but I apparently lack coordination to it fast enough. Right now all manage to do is stab, run run run run, click anvil run stab, run, run run, make an attempt to get to the green healing thing but have to dash to anvil instead, run, stab, pot, anvil, run run, go for green thing but there's crap under it, stab, run, anvil, run run run, stab, run run run, anvil, run run run, stab, run, no more anvils, die. With recupes in there whenever possible. I would like to continue with the quest line and get a cloak. But I won't at this rate. *sigh* And now it seems the stage before that got harder (or rather my damage decreased) since the last patch. I didn't have any issues with it before. The fact that if you leave the scenario you have to start from the beginning again makes it even more annoying.Arlaeya3 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 So AOC Is Nearly Compulsory For Combat? I have sin to an art, for my gear I am doing around 250k single target stable[not burst]. This is with a Flexi and LFR dagger. I don't have AOC, and don't get me start on how many times I've rolled. Recently I've picked up a Normal fist weapon and a Warforge normal fist weapon. The stats over the two flexi+lfr daggers are gigantic... but shadowcraft puts me much lower DPS than my Flexi+LFR daggers. I just couldn't see how it was possible so I reforged/gem went combat then hit the dummies. It seems over 5min on a dummy it's off by miles compared to my sin dummy dps, off by like 30k+ So I put AOC into my shadowcraft and my DPS goes up by like 12%... guessing the great synergyw ith AR+KS cd reduction. I know my combat rotation I've played it 2 patches this XPAC, but how can such a MASSIVE weapon difference still = worse DPS without AOC? Do I have to tough it out until I get my hands on one? Worse DPS with probably 1 tier higher weapon equivilant AND the rotation requires a lot more attention. Is combat that gimped over SIN until AOC?Secondtime14 Nov 2, 2013