Rogue

Aug 30, 2013 First Aid First Aid should benefit rogues more! Recoup i not enough --pvp wise. I would have added warriors into this but who needs heals when you can go pure prot or have second wind. Maybe a small glyph but not big one for this. Whose with me? >>>>Discuss why or why not. --keep in mind fatigue hits us quite hard, enough to ruin recoup while in pvp combat.Saranghae6 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Why the high skill cap? I have played my rogue for a number of years, through the good and the bad. My big issue with the rogue class though is the immense knowledge you need of every other class/spec in order to be an amazing rogue. We have amazing defensive CDs. Evasion, combat readiness, cloak of shadows, elusiveness.... But there is a pattern with these defensives... They all require you to predict (excluding evasion). Combat readiness has a ramp up time, cloak can't be use in fears or when a pally hammers you, elusiveness takes 20 energy and a gcd- so it isn't spamable. Evasion is the only solid defensive (which most classes have a way around anyways). We as a class are the only ones I know of that have no defensives in a stun. Hunters have beastal wrath, dks have ice blood fort and desecration, pallys have bubble, mages a blink and an ice block, Druids have bark skin... Yet we stand as free targets in a stun... WE ARE THE MASTERS OF STUNS!Shâdé21 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Should I purchase tyrannical swords or dagger For the new patch, I havn't played in forever and just got to 90 using combat spec. I know killing spree sounds good on paper, but may be subject to a nerf soon after. Am I better off going swords or daggers for PvP?Hammycakes9 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 COMBAT ROGUE 5.3-5.4 GUIDE Hey guys, Could someone please link a forum guide for pvp combat. I mainly need reforge & gem setup. Link your Armory Thanks xDaturá9 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Envenom Evaluation Simple discussion. Should envenom, which is essentially spell damage, be dodge/block/and parryable? It is already resistible, and effected by abilities such as Anti Magic Shell and Cloak of Shadows, should it also be held to the melee standards? I for one say it should be treated as one or the other. From an RP standpoint you can argue that while you are doing spell damage (poison) you are still applying it through melee. Is that argument enough to consider it being balanced though? Take blind for example. Blind used to be considered a poison, and could then go through blessing of protection (hand of protection). It was then changed to a physical, and now no longer goes through BoP. At no point was it ever considered BOTH though. Thoughts?Flaw17 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 back from a few month hiatus And I'm just trying to figure out how rogues are doing and what the new trends seem to be. The thing I love about rogues, no matter how "nerfed" we get, we are still fun to play. I played some BGs last night and killed it. With that being said what changes have been made or are about to be made and will Sub not be the Go-to pvp spec? Is it gonna be assass or will combat actually be good? And any other kind of info regarding rogue changes will gladly be acceptedAryaofblades4 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 1.7 dagger for mut mh vs oh i have found a 1.7 dagger to go with my 1.8 dagger (attack speed). does it make any difference which one goes in which hand these days, with all the weapon speed normalisations and junk? i know slower weapons hit harder, but ive never seen a 1.7 dagger before in mop, and its strange that blizzard would even have daggers that arent 1.8 anymore.Curious8 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Rogue leveling dps Hello, all I have 4 other 90s and thought I would level my rogue next, I'm really having fun with him but have noticed my dps is horrible, I can do maybe 13k dps in a dungeon. I have read the mut guide and feel I am following the priority pretty close, idk I'm usually always at the bottom on dps in dungeons, and just wondering if its a L2P issue or gear while leveling or a combo of both. Thanks, HalzlulHalzlul6 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Which Poisons for pvp/pve? Which poisons for Assassination PVP/PVE? Which poisons for Subtlety PVP/PVE?Mangekyu7 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Pandaria Leveling Woes Hi there, Long story short: I haven't touched this character since the beginning of Cata, so my rogue-fu is weak. Tried picking her up again by leveling in Pandaria and was shocked to see that I hit like a wet noodle, am easily energy starved, and I'm built like tissue paper. (I'm assassination, by the way.) I tried upgrading my daggers and everything to no avail. Perhaps I just plain forgot how to play this class. What's the standard 'rotation' for leveling on an assassination rogue? Got any advice in-general? :TVolrin19 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Panda Female or Male for Rogue? I am faction transferring in a little while and by the looks of it, Pandas are the best PVE rogues and they are ok PvP rogues (food buff, and their CC). I have looked at some of the gear on both male and female and can't decide one which looks nicer. What do you all think? Male or Female Panda Rogue?Zuggÿ21 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 rotation level 27 pvp k I, trying too learn how too pvp as a rogue give me many tips, not sure what too do for a rotation either, give me some idea please!Gnomeagain1 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Honor gear or LFR gear. Keeping in mind both PvP daggers, Trinket and 2-piece set bonus are kept. Is LFR level gear generally considered better then Honor gear for PvP at the moment? Or am I imagining the difference?Itziho1 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 if a dagger is equipped so some skill says it deals extra damage if a dagger is equipped? is it both hand or either one hand?Gotdagger8 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 30, 2013 Focus redirect kidney rs macro I am trying to make Focus redirect kidney rs macro, the one I have does work but for some reason clears my focus after I use it some time. /castsequence [@focus] reset=60 redirect, Revealing Strike, Kidney Shot I am trying to figure this out before 5.4 in case combat is viable.Daggermouthx5 Aug 30, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Sanguinary Vein (PVP Question) Hey guys, I was just wonder do I have to keep Rupture/Garrote up on a target 100% of the time, and apply it to each target I want to put pressure on to gain the Sanguinary Vein Buff? (It's hard to tell because it's not a debuff on the target, nor is it a buff that I gain once applied) Thanks,Onetwovanish1 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Leveling a new rouge need some suggestions. I'm 110% new to rouges and know only the very basic of rouges from pvp. So I'm here to seek help. I'm not sure which spec to spec for leveling. I've searched the web and many people say sub shouldn't be spec-ed for leveling. And combat requires a sword? Kind of confused. I'm full boas with a 1hsword and 2 daggers so give me some advice. Thanks.Ecuekevin3 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 A trend. oldschool rogues, like me, call assassination either mute, sealfate or assassination. cata babies and beyond, tend towards calling assassination "sin"' speaking of oldschool, I miss coldblood.Bennosuke43 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Mobility blah blah; LF General PVP Advice First and foremost, this isn't a thread about whining. I've played a Rogue for almost 2 years alongside a Paladin, so maybe I'm just spoiled from Hand of Freedom and Emancipate, but I haven't PVPed much at all on the Rogue. I suppose I haven't PVPed very much in general, actually. Across my whole account I probably have a few tens of thousands of HKs, but most of those are from leveling. I did plenty of lowbie PVP on my Rogue, I should say, but low levels don't really do jack to prepare you for end-game. My list of abilities has doubled, if not tripled, and the pressure to time things and perform well is much higher. Of all classes in WoW, I swear, the Rogue is the most misleading while leveling. It plays and feels absolutely nothing like it will at end-game, which I don't think can be said to the same extent for any class. That's all fine with me, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing! I know how to open and generally which class to use what opener against, but when it comes to countering crowd control I am at a bit of a loss. When it comes to utilizing my absurd number of cooldowns, I am a bit of a loss. I don't know when to Gouge, when to Blind, Smoke Bomb, and I'm generally very stingy with using my cooldowns on any class in PVP. How do you guys deal with being rooted? Or CC in general, for that matter? I realize that Cloak of Shadows is a very powerful CD, but you have to pop that before you're frozen or feared, etc. That's fine but, what, should I just be hoping to burn the target down before CoS falls off? Furthermore, and more in line with the thread title specifically: Hunters. None of their roots are defined as magical, I think? Frankly, hunters tend to dance around me! (Granted, the worst case hunter was one in full Tyrannical vs. me in honour gear, so whatever) I'm not aspiring to become some arena god (won't ever happen, hours played irrelevant, I'm just not amazing at PVP), but I'd like to do better and have fun in BGs, and fear->root->disorient->stun->root->fear for example isn't fun. tl;dr because this is way longer than intended: Need basic Rogue PVP advice that isn't gemming, talents, how to open, etc. The stickied thread doesn't seem to cover what I'm looking for.Bocconcini12 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Why the poison shelf life? Hey, guys! Just curious why poisons have a 60 minute buff time. Why don't they last until changed? Like mage armors?Couriersix5 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Rogue or Warrior for PVP? Just came back and i was curious if i should stick with my 77 rogue or go with my level 70 warrior.Mangekyu12 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 I defeated a geared Uh DK in a duel First of all, I am not trying to brag what so ever! The DK gave me a run for my money and made it a very fun duel. Im not trying to slander anyone at all! The point of this post is really to ask other rogues, do you have troubles dueling Uh DKs? I know that duels are not balanced and everything but say you're outside of SW/Org with everyone dueling, or find a 1v1 time against an Uh DK in a BG, or have troubles facing against a team with a Uh DK in arenas... Am I the only one who sometimes has trouble dueling Uh DKs, beating Uh DKs, or countering Uh DKs as a Rogue, or did someone figure out the equation for the winning strategy? Leave your responses bellow, I'd love to hear them guys!Dalaranxd11 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 T15 4pc Nerf en route to PTR Item - Rogue T15 4P Bonus Shadow Blades also reduces the cost of all your abilities by 15%. So apparently Blizzard wants to base Combat around the bandaid T15 4pc bonus going into 5.4, then destroy why they made the changes to SS and such in the first place. Honestly IDK that Blizz cares about us anymore. When there's not a single person who says that the increased SS cost is a good thing, and everyone is crying out saying that this makes us feel bland and generic and takes away the last thing that makes us feel unique (in that we're suppose to feel fast paced), it's just so disheartening. I, along with I believe the general Combat population, will have to really think long and hard about continuing to play the class and spec we love. Lets face it... if you're still playing combat, its only cause you love it. Don't take what we love and sodomize it.Komyoji30 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 5.4 PVP While this will probably be a pretty easy answer, will you guys be switching to combat, or playing sin/sub in during the next season?Spícy10 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Sub pvp stats Is mastery still the best stat for pvp (mainly bgs) or does crit pull ahead now? And what will be better in 5.4 TySmeltor3 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Rogue Twink 5.4 Can anyone tell me some useful things about making a lvl 19 twink rogue? My main questions are: Should i use the +PVP BoA's or the +Agi ones What spec should i go And which spec would allow me to dual weild one handed hammersUnholydonuts6 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 assassination stat priority pvp whats the stat priority for assassination pvp??Glokra1 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 29, 2013 Macro Help! Hey, I'm trying to setup a macro for Slice and Dice and Recuperate to be on the same button. They both need to be on modifiers, shift for SnD and ctrl for recuperate. Any help is much appreciated!Astares8 Aug 29, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Swashy Weapons I'm interested in playing a swashbuckler themed, combat spec rogue. Question is, are there any good agility swords to be found at 90? Or are they all strength? Thanks!Bulror15 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Tips for a new Rogue? Hey guys, I have become bored of all the classes I have played.. These include Mage, Monk, Priest, Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Warlock, and Paladin. Throughout my WoW career, the only two classes I have never leveled would be a Warrior, Death Knight, and Rogue. I was thinking about creating a rogue, but I have a few questions since I know nothing about the class. 1.) I know it's a personal preference on a race choice, but what race do YOU guys think is the best looking Rogue race? 2.) What would be the best spec for PvE? What about PvP? 3.) Can Rogues solo old content well? 4.) What's the best weapon combo for each spec? DW swords, DW daggers, sword and dagger, etc. 5.) Are Rogues any good in PvP / PvE..? I know they are good in the lower levels for PvP, just not too sure about 90. 6.) How is energy? Is it better than the feral's? I hate playing on my feral because I feel like I have no idea what to do and then the next thing I know, I'm out of energy. I have no clue which spells to use to be good. 7.) Where could I look for some cool xmogs for a Rogue? Thank you all in advance!Nickolai6 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Combat PvP 5.3 --> 5.4 So since combat is going to be the next superior spec for pvp rogues, I was curious if offhand speed makes a difference when it comes to pvp? Should I run a main hand sword and a dagger for pvp?Opportune11 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Shadowcraft weirdness Now from what I understand, haste is the best stat for sub pve, followed by crit,with mastery not worth much. But all of a sudden, shadowcraft is telling me to reforge for mastery. Is there a certain gear point where it gets better? Is there some sort of soft-cap on haste? Is shadowcraft just being weird?Reventlov19 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Low level professions I really don't know what to take. I got engineering, but I don't know if this was a good idea.... So my question is, what should I take and was engineering a good choice? I will be doing PvE.Bunk4 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 70 Twink Gear So I'm trying to complete my twink 70 set for my rogue. Can anyone tell me what else I need. I know I'm missing some pieces, any help please.Pokepokestab6 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 New rogue going into PvP Hello everyone, I've been wondering what spec will be very effective for PvP next patch. Also, if anyone has some tips for rotations in that spec. I'm not finished leveling my toon, but i soon will and would like to experiment with it before i reach 90. I heard combat will be awesome, but unsure.Roguehater18 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Challenge Modes Hello fellow Rogues, soon my guild will be starting challenge mode dungeons, is playing combat in those still viable? I was reading that the scaling means that I wont have enough haste to be effective. Anywho our comp is: Combat Rogue, Survival Huntard, Fire Mage, Blood DK, and Holy Paladin. Any advice is appreciated, and yes I know that I'm not fully enchanted working on that at the moment. Any yes I have way too much Expertise the game just seems to think that I need more >.<Detilthius0 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 mods are asleep, post cute rogues :3Eneoji36 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 PvP - Wat do? Maybe it's just because I was younger but back in Burning Crusade I felt like PvP was so much better. I could be quite effective in bgs and it was plenty of fun. In MoP it just feels like I'm not very capable of killing enemies at all. It's slow and the damage just isn't there. There's too much reduction. I think healers have always been kind of tough to deal with 1v1 but now they just stand there. Unfazed. It's pretty insulting. Even more so when I get no help on the guy when I know he should be focused on and I die from his dps team mate. Speak of non-healers, I feel like if I don't have everything set up perfectly and I get caught out of stealth once I'm already at low health. Would I really be better off in Tyrannical? Because I don't think my damage and survivability will increase so much that it will eliminate the problems I have been facing. In b4 "you're bad," and if I really am please tell me what mindset I need to have compared to TBC. Because I just feel like forgetting about PvP.Blackswift8 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Rogue Mating Call Fan of KnivesNúll10 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 I'm curious A lot of people are talking about using spree out of stealth which we know is a bad idea but I think I might have a new thought. Night Stalker is being buffed to 50% so would using spree from stealth with this talent boost it's total damage or only it's first hit? If it's a total damage buff full insight with vanish could be devastating to everyone. Any word to if this works?Organika4 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Assassin's Resolve Buff Reverted http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/54_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_August_27-8_27_2013#rogue 5% buff to Assassin's Resolve flat out removed. If I knew how to do a strikethrough on these forums I would copy that.Peer31 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 Combat PVP, how much mastery? Is there point where mastery stops being as effective? Like say 50% Any thoughts? Do we just keep stacking it?Psylynt10 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 mastery vs pvp power very simple question really, is mastery better than pvp power for sub and mut rogues in 5.3 AND 5.4 for pvp (mainly bgs) thanks.Smeltor10 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 28, 2013 vanish should be usable while stunned.Ryck7 Aug 28, 2013
Aug 27, 2013 8/27/2013 where is my swirly ball, blizzard? make it a minor glyphEneoji3 Aug 27, 2013
Aug 27, 2013 Best leveling spec ? I don't really enjoy playing the rogue class, but I'm leveling this guy just for lockpicking. Which rogue spec is the simplest and the easiest for leveling? I'm not planning to spend a ton of time perfecting my rotation.Unloving11 Aug 27, 2013
Aug 27, 2013 Just came back, how are rogues doing in PVP? ^ :PMangekyu7 Aug 27, 2013
Aug 27, 2013 5.4 please just buff us now Its so torturous playing a rogue atm. I feel like I'm being teased with the date going later.Sasuda29 Aug 27, 2013
Aug 27, 2013 best pvp spec 5.4 whats going to be the dominant rogue spec come 5.4?? im thinking its between assassination and combat what do u guys think?Jazzy20 Aug 27, 2013
Aug 27, 2013 Rogue feels super squishy ?? Does it get better i mean 1v1 pve not PVP im fine but 2 or 3 mobs and its like good lord this hurts can i at least get some cream for that pain. So does it get better? Im just wondering about isle of thunder and god forbid the next island.Brylela20 Aug 27, 2013