Rogue

Aug 20, 2013 A couple of Rogue related questions. kk, I'm a vanilla rogue, but I've been out of the rogue game for a long time (deleted my last rogue, haven't played rogue since wrath, skillmourne wars made me sad) looking at the glyphs... im thinking gouge and smokebomb are needed (smokebomb because of the utility, smokebomb and cap a node etc) gouge because of the healer interrupt but for last glyph... I can't decide... using shadowwalk atm. any reasons why I should use another glyph? oh... and rate my mog.Bennosuke8 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Is this a joke????? Been away from the game for awhile so I knew I would have some growing pains when I came back. What am I supposed to do to increase my damage out put in pvp? I know I don't have the top gear for pvp right now but I should still be able to do some kind of damage. Evisc hitting for 2600? Seriously? I hit harder than that with my level 62 hunter in bg's. This is just stupid. I see people crit me for 100k in bg's all the time.....how am I supposed to compete with that when my biggest finishing move hits for 10k tops? And thats being generous. check it out I took a screen shot because I couldn't believe it http://imgur.com/fEzvgp6Afterbang6 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Recuperate in BGs Any reason why a % based heal is raped by battle fatigue?Zerøcool9 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Elusiveness help please :D Hello, new to rogue. love the class so much fun, picked up the talent Elusiveness, would like to know when to use it properly, do i use it anytime out of stealth, only when trained, situation, or just in dead burst moments, so yeah that's the question, how to use it properly. thank you. -LeoLéò5 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Assassination PVP Is it viable? Any good guides? Or should I bite the bullet or get used to sub?Twoheadedboy12 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 20, 2013 Tips & Tricks, to maximize my dps? Closed.Exetie0 Aug 20, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Mutilate AND Sinister Strike? Curious...do Assassination rogues keep Sinister Strike on their hot bar? I can see it being used for when the target already has 4 combo points. But I would also guess that the added complexity of a lesser move on the hot bar isn't worth the small energy savings.Dresgar13 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Goblin or Blood elf (males)? Should I make my new rogue a Goblin or a Blood elf? Both would be males. I don't really care about racials or anything like that. Main concern is which one looks better in gear?Asmodeùs22 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 How do I play this comp? Hey guys, I was looking at the 3s bracket, and what people are on my realm (It is a dead realm). There aren't many comps I can run with the people on my realm so I figured unholy dk, disc priest, sub rogue should be a viable comp. According to arena junkies it looks pretty decent. Just wondering if anyone knows how this comp works and any tips they can give to the rogue on the team. My partners will likely shine most of the light on it, but I think I should do at least some research until then. The plan is to hit 2k or higher.Shâdé10 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Glyph of Redirect ... Blizzard stahp.Isobel13 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 rouges are overpowdered so sick and tired of this crap blizzardZzixzz42 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Suggestions For Combat (PVP) So let me just start off by just saying that I solve problems. I noticed a problem. Combat is pretty weak (ignoring rogues in general), and I looked at patch notes and realized it wasn't REALLY going to get any better. So I figured that I share my sagacious insight with the world of warcraftians. Here is the problem simplified and concise: 1. It takes too long to get stacks of insight. Not only that, the buff fades a little too fast. Maybe start off by making it linearly easier to get them. 4 strikes for the first insight, 3 for the next, 2 for the final insight. Easy solution, and possibly in conjunction, increase the time it takes to fade so that its not stupidly easy to lose it. 2. Ar is pretty atrocious in its current state. Not only that, KS even after the "buff" is pretty simply to mitigate. popping AR and getting cc'd and peel'd is too easy and hinders what little burst combat is suppose to gloat about. Wait a second, I found an answer again. You reduced cc effect duration while in AR by some percentage (call it 35%). I would posit that reducing the cool down to around ~ 2 mins (like vendetta) is too f*cking obvious to ignore, so go ahead and do that too. 3. For Killing Spree, upon activation you are granted physical/spell immunity for the duration of the effect and any existing debuffs/cc effects are removed. Go ahead and also increase the range by 5-10. For you Dota buffs, why don't you think juggernaut can be !@#$%ed slapped mid omnislash? Because it would blow hard and just suck any use out of the move. 4. The proposed sinister strike buff shouldn't increase the energy cost. The whole class revolves around using the low-cost move to build insight, mid-fight after ar is blown its going to be that much harder to achieve a full stack. Go ahead and increase the damage, its definitely sensible to do that, but not at the extent of an increase energy cost. Before you impulsed to bow, cry joyously, and beg for more wisdom, know that I'm busy and won't be able to give a timely response. Thanks warcraftians. You're welcome, just doing my job. /DoneTompass3 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 Slice n Dice Addon I need an addon that will SCREAM at me when I don't have SnD up on a fight. I mean something that will take up a large portion of my screen to remind me that I'm being dumb. Anyone know any like that?Eiz6 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 I suggest... that all rogues just have a nice group hug! :3 We're a small group of thugs, but we do our job and love it! To rogues! :DKazmía22 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 DPS and stat priority I have read the threads on stat priority for Sin rogues. and have gemmed and reforged back and forth from mastery to haste and back to mastery. Im seeing between 50k and 60k dps when I stack mastery and between 70k and 80k with spikes in the 90s when I stack haste. i'm making sure I have SnD and rupture up 100% for venomous wounds. Is there a point when haste actually outweighs mastery? I'd really like to break into the 100k range just having trouble getting there. any advice would help.Nondreth3 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Race choice? Quick questions, as of right now what is the best race to play if you're a rogue? This is a separate question, I'm guessing Panda is top, but does Panda still pull ahead if I'm eating a feast (275) instead of the rice noodles (300) buff food?Exetie6 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 5/13H Guild LF Assassination Rogue Hey everyone! As we are getting closer to 5.4s release, my guild is attempting to find a MW or Sin Rogue to fill up the last spot in our raid team. Currently, on Azuremyst, NKBK is 5/13H, and rank 1 on the Alliance, and we have a solid raid performance and group. Currently, we raid Sunday 5-9 PST, and Monday 6-9 PST, with an occasional Thursday 6-9 PST. We ask that you have Normal ToT experience, as well as some logs to display your damage potential. We ask that you are 5.4 raid ready, and we are looking for at least a 522 item level, but most important, we are looking for people to perform at their gear level most of all. Please contact us either here, or in game at Dynos#1664 - Pride Kneesoyellow#1286 - JaykePride7 Aug 19, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Your opinion I've been wanting to make an Alliance Rogue, but I can't decide if I want to make a Dwarf or a Worgen! Please tell me your opinion on which is better for a Rogue. I'm fine with either one.Fooba3 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Lockbox inside of a lockbox Look at this screenshot: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk78/Symphonic22/lockboxinsidelockbox.png Has anyone else had some "russian doll" experiences with them? Symphonic20 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 New 90 LF end came help Morning Fellow backstabbers, I got my ilvl up and ready for my first LFR even world bosses. I want to be prepared for each encounter since I'll be pugging and not having the joys of vent. I haven't raided since WOTLK (healer) and that was with a tight knit guild. I have a whopping zero experience with end game pugs and I don't want to make people angry or upset for not be prepared. The question I have for you backstabbers is? Suggested websites for researching boss encounters that provide great info and hopefully videos. I have come across several vids that were made before the launch of MOP so I'm guessing things probably have changed from beta and or no commentary just music. ThanksUniaika4 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Help with a 80 rogue I leveled this toon to 80 and almost finished gearing it for doing herald of the titans once I find a group. as of right now i do 10k dps on a 80 dummy and 7 -8kish in cata dungeons im not sure if that is good or bad for my gear ect since im new to rogues. but now that im at the tail end of gearing I have no clue what enchants i should be using to get the most that i can from the stats since there was no enchants listed on the BiS list i was following unless im blind: http://cata.chardev.org/profile/345982-Dagger-rogue.html if anyone would be so kind as to pointers ect i would greatly appreciate it!Alestri6 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 xpost from general. ever have this happen to you? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9679038384Bennosuke0 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Offhand weapon for Combat? I know that I'm supposed to use a slow non-dagger for main-hand slot, but what about the offhand? I know that combat potency scales with slower weapons now, but is there any reason to use a dagger for offhand, or should I just use another slow non-dagger? What difference does it make?Dreaded3 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Rogue PVE Survivability help First off, Im Assassin, and im a pretty casual player with a few guildies, friends and family. I Find it pretty easy to stay alive in LFR's just by moving where im supposed to. So anyways my 2 friends hit 460 ilvl and needed to do the Blood in the Snow, and The Dark Heart scenerio's I go in there thinking im gonna be ok cuz I actually have Decent gear, hoping to carry them. I was wrong, I died like 4-5 times on 1st 2 pulls. so I hopped on my barely 450 ilvl hunter and blow thru it like nothing. I can also plow through it with my warrior. I got so irritated, I haven't touched my rogue in almost 2 weeks now, but I do miss it. Also I have a hard time doing the Commander's in the barrens, I die so much, usually paying 100g in repairs. Is there anything I can do for some Survivabilty without loosing DPS?Noobitron3 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Preferred trinkets pvp As a human, what are the best trinkets for sub/mut rogues in pvp? I do have some conquest points kicking around if that helps.Kelleh7 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 How can I do this on my sub rogue? http://i.imgur.com/NkTjIow.jpg Whats the secret to this kind of burst, I feel like my rogue is weak, but I know sub is ok.Startouch4 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Optimal assassination AOE rotation ....in relation to the number of adds present. Let's be rather straight forward here - we have a few options available to us when dealing damage from an AOE perspective when it comes to the number of adds up - or even just a few options depending on which yields higher dps. 1. Spam fok while maintaining 2-3 point ruptures on as many targets as possible for increased energy return for more foks as well as mass proccing venomous wounds. 2. Spam fok while getting 5cp envenoms and pooling energy before envenoming allowing us to spam fok with a higher poison application percentage. 3. Spam fok while getting 5cp crimson tempest's off(I'm guessing this would only be viable if even ever viable on 10 or so targets being available for damage) 4. Keep rupture up on all 3 targets while maintaining deadly poison via auto attack swapping and continue a normal single target rotation on add being focused.(this is for 3 or less target maybe even 4 I don't know the add breakpoint when fok becomes better than this method) Which leads me to this question, - At what point does fok overtake single target/mass rupture? 3 adds I'm rather certain fok isn't better but when 4 are up things seem a bit hazy. Also, is it worth it to maintain slice if the best model doesn't include envenom? Also, one must take into account how long the adds will live to determine slice's viability.(Better to just spam direct damage abilities on lower hp or quickly dying adds) Please give concrete answers with no speculation. If you've tested this and are an experienced current tier raider I'd appreciate your responses.Perception2 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 The power of pvp... power... yeah? Just had a quick question for the forums here. I'm still getting used to PvP in this game and I was wondering how important PvP power really is. Could I possibly trade out some 516 crit pve gloves for malevolent or tyrannical? How about PvE gear in general?Sabellian1 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 healing Recup+ Glyph of Recovery+ Leeching Poison+Glyph of Recup is pretty oped heals lol I'm getting 30-40+K heals off of them in the ptr....I have a feeling blizz is gonna nerf it when people start to realize they can't kill rogues anymoreRororuby3 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 5.4 arenas Combat vs Sub vs Assassination which of the 3 do you guys think will be the best for 2s/3s come 5.4??Jazzy4 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Cheap Shot Broken.. Glyph 0.5 is all my Glyph of Cheap Shot increases my Cheap Shot by. Not 1 second like the Glyph Tooltip says. Why would the Glyph of Cheap Shot not increase Cheap Shot by 1 second like it says it will when I bought it?Stileto5 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 My los pantalones Should I keep the ones I have on now (Yes I know they scale to 496 in Arena/RBG's) or buy the PvP legs? Bsically it's the mastery or pvp power. 488 PvP Power vs 700 Mastery I am Assasination for pvp too.Byaahh0 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 18, 2013 Starting on new server. So I'm starting on a new server. What's going to be the best leveling spec with no looms? It seems sub or combat because weapon variety while levelingMont4 Aug 18, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Shadow Blades how are rogues killing people in a cheap shot with it? ive tried everything that comes to mind, but seem to fall short of the amazing burst ive seen others achieve. any pointers?Velexin8 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Assassination Log Review please hey guys, i'm just wondering if you guys can see anything i'm doing wrong through assassination, here are my logs for the previous week, please don't hesitate to be harsh if you see something :) Note - fights i'm particularly interested in feedback on are ones that are just single target with no cleaving or adds or damage buffs, i feel like my single target damage is a lot lower than what it should be, any suggestions on how to improve that are appreciated :) all attempts are normal modes and this was my first time doing any of the fights. Note 2 - advice on fights also appreciated, such as marked for death on horridon etc. i use shadow-craft for my reforges so feel free to check my armory if you wanna see my gear and if you notice anything you can recommend improvements on. Tuesday (Jin'Rohk-Dark Animus with some Qon) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qij058rqbpldp9wt/ Thursday (Qon-Lei Shen) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/im4647ty4801yvkr/ also should note that i got around a 10 ilvl increase (507-517) in the raids so my dps may be higher on the Qon - Lei Shen parses. anyways thanks for looking and reading the post i look forward to you guys' feedback :) edit - Grammar/spelling mistakesMonticore7 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Looting Shouldn't Break Stealth Minor QOL change that makes perfect sense. I can picka pocket without breaking stealth, but I cant grab stuff off a corpse? Makes no sense. Sometimes I miss a body before reentering stealth and waiting around for 6-8 seconds is a pain. Thoughts?Frood12 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Ganking and Guards So recently I have joined my server's WPvP fun in Hellfire between Thrallmar and Honor Hold. I will ganked people in there if they are by their self, and normally I will kill them but I will get a few guards on me in the process. I will then proceed to run away and use Vanish but I have noticed that Vanish doesn't work on guards. Most guards anyway. I was wondering if there was a way to get away from guards and go into stealth without having to kill them or run super far away? If you have any tactic or trick that you use to get away I would appreciate it if you shared it with me. Thanks!Nanham4 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Recent and upcoming Rogue change concerns! Let's start with a recent change. Blade flurry was changed to deal damage to 4 targets at once at 40% normal damage and reduces energy regen by 20%. Why does there have to be a double whammy on this ability? I think the 20% reduced energy regen needs to be tossed if this is only going to do 40% damage to nearby enemies. An upcoming addition that I find confusing is the revival of our old Ruthlessness talent for combat. This will provide 20% per combo point to refund a single combo point. My main concern with this additiion is its use with Anticipation. What if a 5 combo point finisher is used will having 5 Anticipation charges accumulated? Will this cause the gauranteed combo point given by Ruthlessness to be wasted or to be added as an Anticipation charge? Thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated!Emboskarr1 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Megaera's Poisoned Fang I wish the eyes could blink.Bandulu1 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Rogue PvP stat priority? Last week was the first time since Cata that I've used my rogue. He's almost 90 now but I don't know anything about him. For PvP only, what's the stat priority now? Aside from the hit and expertise PvP cap, anyway. I keep trying to look at these rogue stickies, but they're all so old that they suggest PvP power/PvP resil. Is the stat priority the same for all 3 specs? Anyone?Soliouss12 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Why does everybody complain about rogue buffs It feels like this entire expansion rogues have been pretty crappy in PvP. And the few times we weren't crappy, we were a long way from being the FotM facerollers we all know and love. (I'm looking at you BM/Arms for 3 patches in a row) So finally in 5.4 PTR rogues get pretty large buffs to damage and survivability. First thing to happen? 'rogues op nerf please KS hits too hard and it has no counter' 'wow i almost forgot im playing world of roguecraft' 'oh boy more rogue buffs where have i seen this before' It's really irritating to play arena and get blown up in one CC through cheat death. I literally died in a 4 second paladin stun, looked at the log and the paladin hit me for two 150k verdicts, and a 100k execute, all right after I opened. I don't think I've ever hit 150k in PvP before, certainly not two in a row. And yet ret paladins remain absurdly strong. Nobody complains that every other class besides rogue/WW/spriest can blow people up with a swifty macro. Guess what, hitting deep then oneshot doesn't take any more skill than hitting kidney and oneshot. Hell most classes dont even NEED setup, CC is optional if you can just kill through their CDs. Hunters kill me through defensives? Mage blows me up in a deep 15 seconds into the round? Ele gets a triple lava burst proc and I die before my finger hits my 'oh !@#$' button? Well it doesn't matter because its been like that, we're used to it. Oh no, a rogue KS'd me for 70% of my health? Nevermind the skill literally only works 50% of the time because it is one of the buggiest skills in the game. KS is more RNG than ele mastery. Will it hop me back 7 times and do no damage? Will it stick to them but do no damage for some reason? Will it hit them once then instantly cancel for no reason? Will it do full damage but then make you fall through the floor and instanty kill you? Or my personal favorite, will it hit them once, then start attacking random scenery like trees? You can bubble, you can pop defensives, you can teleport or go invisible, you can get like 15 meters away so it doesn't target you, hell you can just stand still and hope it just bugs out and stuns the rogue for 3.5s. You know, what you would normally do when any of the other classes hit their IWIN. And as soon as KS ends and you are still alive, the rogue is now sinister striking you for 7k for another two to three minutes. I've played the PTR. Rogues are strong. Mages, hunters, warriors, and paladins are stronger.Corcupine3 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 bandit's guile wish they would fix bandit's guile to decrease some of rng for combat pvp.Ryck1 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 How are you Rogues beating Blood DKs? Hello, I played Rogue a lot in Cata, never really had a problem beating Blood DKs, I seem to have forgotten most of the important strategies on beating them, or something has changed a lot since then. So my question to you is, what are you doing to beat Blood DKs? Is it now impossible?Creations16 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 Skinning profession bonus? I'm playing subtlety rogue as of late, and was wondering if the skinning bonus is worth having? This rogue was one of the very first WoW characters I ever made, I was broke! I needed skinning in order to level up his leatherworking profession. Fast forward a couple of years. I'm no longer broke. I've got plenty of gold. Just wondering that if in order to maximize his potential would it wise to change the skinning profession to one that will give me +320 agility boost rather than the +480 crit boost of skinning??? No sure if its relevant to this discussion, but I only PvP and do not enjoy PvE. , TLDR: Does skinning profession bonus suck compared to others that offer a +320 agility boost???Ozburn3 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 rogue build for 5.4 So I've been away from WoW for about a year, and I'm still trying to figure whether to stay combat (which is the spec I've probably played most), or if I should transition to Assassination. Too many people have been saying "you're combat?" and it's starting to get me a little self-conscious... With the buffs/changes coming in 5.4, does it look like either spec is going to be the clear choice?Bloodkitty8 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 question about pvp openers. Let me start off by saying I know low level pvp doesn't mean anything and the game isnt balanced around low level/ 1v1. I just want to practice my openers now vs hitting 90 and have a monkey !@#$ing a football being more sucessful than me. Now with that said, my biggest issue to applying pressure to healers mainly druid, monk and priests. I will open up with garrote, and cheap shot problem I am running into is I can't get a mut and a kidney shot off before they get a bubble or heals off so I'm essentially starting from square one. Is there anything I can do different or what?Archaedas6 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 17, 2013 AskMrRobot ... inconsistency. I haven't raided seriously since Wrath (Didn't like Cata. Hit 85, did a few dungeons, quit until Mists Launch), and I used to do all my gemming by hand - spreadsheets and all that fun stuff. Well, I come to find out that there are neat tools that handle reforging for me (ReforgeLite), and even a website that does -everything- for me. It seemed like a great way to save myself an hour or two every now and again. So I go to AskMrRobot, and I get this: http://i.imgur.com/vwXorM1.png You can see I have a ways to go, but there's one thing that boggles my mind and makes me question the entire site: On the second from the top, I'm reforging Expertise into hit. Okay, sounds fair. ..On the fourth, I'm reforging Hit into Expertise. ..Can't rationalize it. A lot of the gems it tells me to get, don't even have +AGI, which I think will always be my focus. Is the site not as reliable as it seems? For ease of use, here is a direct link to my AMR profile: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/moon_guard/avarusAvarus4 Aug 17, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 85 Twink Rogue PVP help/questions. I have recently been gearing and playing my 85 for twink pvp. I have acquired the BIS available for twinks, aka the highest item level. However, as I am finding out, it may not be the best for pvp. I see some rogues mixing and matching with Cataclysmic PVP gear. I was hoping that some could share some insight on this. For example, I see some gemming resilience. Does resilience make that big of a difference at that level? The most I have seen rogues have is ~62% and I have a baseline of 40%. Does this make that much of a difference that I should forgo MOP BIS gear for PVP gear? Same for PVP power. I don't see many stacking it, but I assume they use the pvp power on the PVP gear. Any insight would be great. Feel free to use my character profile as a reference. I have all BIS gear (minus boots and trinket. Need that PVP trinket since I am not human. I do have the Arch trinket for mastery). Thanks! Oh, and INB4 pvp at level 90. I have 3 90s and 2 of which I pvp on. This is just for funzies.Yoruichisan6 Aug 16, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 WotF & trinket I have been Googling and cannot find a solid answer. Does Will of the Forsaken share a cooldown with the PvP trinket? I see on Google, "No.", "Can't use within 30 seconds.", and "Can't use within 45 seconds.". Can someone please clear this up for me? Thanks a bunch!Bumhobo4 Aug 16, 2013