Rogue

Jun 27, 2013 Good Morning Summoners. Was Bored. Enjoy this rogue video http://youtu.be/L8cWlQoYKI4Mysticaal8 Jun 27, 2013
Jun 27, 2013 Haste vs Mastery for sub. So I usually follow pvp guides from like icy veins or noxxic, and both guides tell me to go Haste, and mastery is the least viable. But, I see a ton of rogues reforging and gemming mastery and kicking !@#, downing people in 5 or 6 seconds... I was wondering, which is better? *also, can this apply to pve as well? Like, can I go mastery as a pve sub?Notsodead7 Jun 27, 2013
Jun 27, 2013 rejoice hunters will once again be mortal http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344644508 they deff still hard counter us, but at least no more triple trinket for them + cloak of shadows breaks their rootVelexin11 Jun 27, 2013
Jun 27, 2013 Ulduar 10 Man Solo As Sin Is it possible? I downed Flame, and XT just seems impossible. I use leeching, shiv glyph, shiv off cd to heal, keep recuup up. Smoke bomb first quake, use my CR/Evasion cds accordingly and I just still take massive dmg. When adds spawn, you're energy starved to try FOK them down, so half always end up healing XT and then he just continues to wail on you. 1 attempt by some miracle I got to his heart with full HP, then after that I lost 90% in about 5secs, just not enough for shiv/recuup/feint to keep me up while doing enough dps for him and adds. I've seen rogues solo it, but they are all combat. Is it pointless to keep going if every fight will be worse?Secondtime5 Jun 27, 2013
Jun 27, 2013 Best spec & talents for soloing "Old" Raids What is your opinion/recommendation?Delkior4 Jun 27, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Worth it to grind out honor gear? This close to 5.4? Just don't wanna grind it out then have to do it again not too long later lolAzoth5 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Increase Recuperate's healing while OOC Just a suggestion. I feel like it'll help a bit with soloing and allow for smoother transitions between mobs (less downtime). I know leveling is already pretty easy, but I think that as a whole, it's a minor QoL improvement that will help with doing dailies and just being able to move on to other mobs more quickly with reduced waiting time.Chocalate14 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Combat weapons 5.3 So, I have never really played combat and I'm having a hard time finding information about what weapons combat should be using in pvp. I currently have a fast MH (dagger) and a slow offhand (mace), should i use two slow weapons? or keep my main hand fast?Solju2 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Envenom up time. Well i am having a hard time keeping envenom up time at the moment, usually in the 50% - 60%+ range i'm gemming into haste now and it seem too be doing great amt but i'm just having trouble keeping envenom up time sadly i'm sitting in pvp gear and servers are down, if it helps here are the logs from last nights run http://tinyurl.com/pwmk2et ,and here is the link to my last shadow craft import from last night http://tinyurl.com/nn4sgrn, thanks for taking the time to read this and any help is better than none.Æmilius12 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 is the 30 extra energy set bonus here to stay? i cant imagine playing without it, anymore.Velexin4 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 It's sad when Your class can't get any needed changes because it's under represented.Snail96 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Rogue LWing gear viability for raids? Curious if the gear you can make is viable/sufficient for the first raid at 90 I don't plan on doing any "instant dungeon/raid finder" but will do dungeons/raids with people i know, but since they aren't online al the time to do dungeons is it possible to get decent gear from hard quests/professions? Doing this as a bit of a challenge and to see if this WoW experience will be different from the dungeon desensitization system they have in place. I've never played any content past vanilla, so pretty clueless as to how gearing works now. Dont care if it takes way longer either!! Will appreciate any insight thanks!Booxp6 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Help, haste taking over for mastery? While i trust shadowcraft, it seems to be reforging my badjuju into haste, out of mastery..and it seems to only be a maxing point. i'm wondering should i follow it? its only giving me a 200plus dps bonus...so should i follow it? or would the amount given not to be bothered withDixi13 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Red and Black Rogue Gear You know that red and black gear it shows when you click on a rogue? What is that gear called?Taytonath7 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Why are assassination rogues better than sub? Just a quick overall opinion from those who chose (like me), assassination instead of sub. You can also read as "Why do YOU think assassination rogues > sub rogues"Notawalrus12 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Flaw 6 Soon! Hello fellow brogues. Just stopping by to say that my new PvP movie "Flaw 6" should be out tomorrow. Check in at warcraftmovies.com and be on the lookout. I will post a direct link as soon as it is up. Thanks again. Cheers! - FlawFlaw8 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 best trinkets for PvP Currently I'm still using the shado pan assault trinket. I was just wondering if this was still the way to go even with the nerfs or if theres a better pve trinket i should be using.Corpsemcgee15 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 big badda boom is big badda sucky for rogues any rogues have any strats for this fight? every time the boss splits, I lose all my combo points =/ and they dont count as "dying" so relentless strikes doesn't work, and marked for death doesn't reset. Im normally sin spec, but I tried combat for this fight....slight improvement.Jini11 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Combat Haste/Mastery So I am at this very frustrating stage where I have reached a 500 IL and shadowcraft seems to be randomly throwing my stats around constantly between haste and mastery. Here is my shadowcraft : http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/jubeithos/meatpocket/#!/jVJdT8JAEPwv93wx3PElmScURTCEGBRQ0jQ9eqUFSrEFlX/vXKk8mei1e93d2Zm9vXShpMgmKaAH2NQa2PZqANJuxswWbmXzPVR0dOF69kq7xWXt9juoTnzGRlhPj44w7JMcMXOiXKeUyCgxcj0c3ZW65JDc90ubyYChhd6dw2fLsDjruHKkN21c0McD/YeKSAHdPfvT5c/JAieXQtsKUAx70JtyCC71Oe4ej01m+9URVEUVsibFm5BCK621omNMCyaYw7yENPrxPe1OyMU/64ShudeTi4WqyYYnhSrYsTkuG5vENX5Ca1aeoDWjtJK/PmSi4ZjQMKjTltggxIpZw2wI9kWH1iZyzUpLPCJuEHDfIOae8LvGyk2Qxr792tv8kBTWz4NDslv52YfN8yS0vIqrNn+QP0rqUkRZvrR+GhQHm59K0I9dIGQUbAvredX83w== So basically when I auto reforge it changes everything to haste, then when I auto gem I lose a ton of dps as it starts geming pure mastery. then I try to auto again and it starts forging everything into mastery. I have no idea at this point if I should be stacking haste or mastery.Meatpocket5 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Suggestion for increasing your role... I first need to say that I don't have a high-lvl rogue; I just read a lot, and I recently came across Cynwise's population article (http://cynwise.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/class-distribution-data-for-patch-5-3/) which led me to The Red-Hatted Rogue's article (http://redhattedrogue.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/wow-rogue-population-update-june-2013/) on why rogue's don't make it to lvl 90, and when they do, they're a combination of little fun and little utility in groups and raids. AGAIN, this is all second-hand information, so please don't add something like, "People QQ too much, I like being a rogue," or, "I do fine in raid." One of the primary issues with rogues at 90 is that they have no niche; their role can be easily filled with any other melee dps. Blizzard knows this, and they're struggling to come up with a fix. My suggestion (and this is what I'd like you to discuss for my selfish, inquisitive benefit) is this: What if rogues had the ability to also do ranged dps equivalent to their melee? It would give them at least SOME hybridization, and I think bow-wielding isn't too far outside the realm of possibility for what a "rogue" is supposed to be able to do. Maybe they could seamlessly switch between ranged and melee without losing any dps during a single fight, so it would give them a fun range of dynamism. Thoughts?Dormio11 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Crimson Tempest Curiousity.... I just unlocked Crimson Tempest and was curious about its usefulness. Typically in dungeons I open with Garrote and spam FoK, dropping rupture on my primary target before they die for full energy, and continue spamming FoK (rinse repeat). Can Crimson Tempest come into play here? Or am I better off just doing what I usually do. Strong feedback greatly appreciated.Istabthings4 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 <Kil'jaeden> H: WTB heavy lock box pickers. 10g to every heavy junkbox someone CoD's me on kil'jaeden horde.Rugh0 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Gear Question (T14 RF 483 vs LFR ToT 502) I was just wondering if I should replace the T14 set bonus (which is 20% damage increase from Venomous Wounds etc, etc) for the ToT RF ilvl 502. Statistically the 502 is better, but the set bonus seems like a heavy loss. I'm replacing the T14 helm and gloves for Lightning-Eye Hood and Grips of Vampiric Cruelty.Sixfootgiant3 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Serious Macro Help #showtooltip /cast [target@Arena1] Blind; [mod:shift]/cast [target@Arena2] Blind; [mod:ctrl]/cast [target@Arena3] Blind /rw Blind on %t ^ This is my blind macro. I constructed it with a pitiful knowledge of Macrology (yeah, that's a thing) and I don't want to test it out in an arena setting. Does it look right and is there a way to test macros that target arena players without actually being in arena? Also, can someone please show me a solid redirect/kidney macro that does the same function (arena1,2,3.)?Yevgenii2 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Rogue Poisons (Question) I haven't played WoW in a while, but, when I try equipping Crippling Poison along with Mind-numbing poison, it just overrides it? Deadly Poison x Crippling Deadly Poison x Mind-Numbing These work, but why can't I have both Crippling x Mind-numbing applied? Has this changed, or am I just doing something stupid?Frogfucious4 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Nerf rogues I really think rogues need a nerf. They open on you, do a million damage, and control the fight. They stun you, stun you again, silence you, disarm you, etc. I really think riot needs to nerf rouges.Sarahpalinqt27 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Saw this in the arena forums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E2FT-IURo4&feature=youtu.be DiscussDjsinsbad8 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Control of field/utility (PVP) Feral vs Rogue Hey guys: I am in the process of making 1 support char/1 stealther char (already posted to the druid forums about the support) and am trying to figure out my 2nd character. This is mostly for random casual pvp and NOT for arenas. What I am looking for in the stealther: 1. Control of the field - I want to play whichever class has more tools built towards manipulating the field to the advantage of their teammates. I know more about rogues ability to do this than druids. Rogues can sap, stunlock, blind, smokebomb, and probably do other things I don't remember/know about. 2. Killing ability is not my priority - I want to play more of a support to my team so being top in damage/KB's doesn't mean much to me. I know that both a rogue and a feral can kill someone well enough so I am not worried about who dishes out more DPS. 3. Ability to assist teammates that are in trouble - I am also looking to be able to come to the aid of healers/other players that are getting torn apart. I know that the rogue can lock down a target for someone or just outright kill them. However I am uncertain as to whether or not the druid is a better "rescuer" than the rogue. 4. I know that both the druid and the rogue have a big toolbox. However I do not know which classes toolbox is better suited for helping other people win/survive as opposed to doing more damage. 5. This may sound silly but how is it playing as a stealther without sap or is sap not as amazing as it feels to me?Ltfailbot2 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 How much more beneficial is 320agi to 480crit I'm 600 skinning right now, but I want to pick up 600 enchanting to get the extra agility on my rings. Is it worth it to go through all that trouble (not to mention I'd have to raise another toons skinning to 600) to trade in 320agi for 480crit? Is there a site or something can tell me how much 1 agi gives in attack power and crit% and how much 1 crit gives in %?Abme6 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Combat weapon swap macro I asked this question in the UI and Macro section and no one could answer it so they told me to post it in the Rogue section. But basically as Combat spec, I want to be able to equip my daggers for that extra bonus damage when ever I Ambush. Here is the macro I have, /equipslot [stealth,noequipped:Daggers] 16 Dagger of Pwnage /cast [stealth,equipped:Daggers] Ambush /equipslot [noequipped:Maces] 16 Mace of Pwnage But it doesn't work while Subterfuge is up. It only lets me get one ambush off then stops working. Is this macro necessary? Or do combat rogues just dont even bother with the extra bonus damage?Coolon4 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 26, 2013 Halp Decide class!1! Herro rogues! I need help deciding between WW monk and rogue for my main class. I will primarily pve and do moderate 2's,3's. I love griefing people with the rogue and I also love some of their useful tricks when running dungeons or soloing. I also thoroughly love stealth. On the monk end of things I HEART MOBILITYYYYY omg monks have impressive mobility. But is that it? I feel like a softened rogue that cannot stealth but I can rocket away as a compensation? I dunno.. halp!Backsurgeon4 Jun 26, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 low level rogues can anyone with a level 15-40ish rogue tell me what dodge % they have around that level? it's next to impossible to hit a low level rogue in a bg.Stayblazin1 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Rogue rotations/dps compared to Mage? I haven't played since near end of Cata, starting up again and determining if I should level my rogue or mage (I liked both pretty equally). Was looking for some input on end game PvE dps. How are rogues doing at the moment/this xpac in general? Also, how are our dps rotations? Having a viable, complex rotation is a very big factor to my long term enjoyment for raiding, so a comparison between mage and rogue would be great in that respect. Sub was pretty fun near end of cata and was competitive in terms of dps, but lots has changed and i wan't to be sure before i start leveling tonight... Basically, I'm checking to see which class appears to have the better dps AND which has the more involved dps rotations to see which I want to level. Thanks!Sylv3 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Rogue Pvp: Regarding Mastery Spec : Subtlety Geming Mastery is really Working out wel,Mastery is better than Crit for sub pvp rogues because you gain greater overall damage with your eviscerates. I top the damage in bgs/Rbgs and demolish other rogues Dps in Arenas. ive bin also switching to deadly poison as sub it is definitely a dps Boost, "wound is still good for killing healers but i have no problem with healers. My Rogues Stats : > Agilty 17576 > Mastery 58.96% > Crit 23.66% > PvP Power 39.06% Stat priority Hit (3%) > Expertise (3%) > Agility > Mastery > Crit > . ... ...Tràpp4 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Macro / Add-on help I'm returning from TBC and I've come here looking for any advice on key macros and add-ons/UIs a rogue will need (in PvP and PvE). I'll take any general tips you guys will throw my way, like what add-ons are important or a necessity even outside of the rogue class. Thanks,Delkior3 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Healer asks: Why are rogues so squishy? To which I replied: "Just call me squishy and I shall be your squishy".Woundwan0 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Need some help with dps in Dungeons Hi there fellow rogues! I'm here today seeking help on how i can maximize my dps in dungeons. Here is my issue- I have been struggling in dungeons lately due to my poor dps. No matter how hard i try to keep up with everyone else i just can't and fall behind. I am usually the last on the dps charts. People criticize me at the end of each dungeon or kick me halfway through because i am not putting out the numbers i should be. So with that in mind here is the general rotation i use ( Please correct me if i am wrong ) P.s- I always have deadly poison and leeching poison applied to my daggers 1) Ambush on elite target 2) Mutilate ( I'll have 2- 3 cp) 3) Rupture 4) Mutilate ( Back to 2 cp's) 5) SnD 6) Mutilate ( Full cp's ) 7) Envenom ( And repeat ) Like i said i don't even come close to competing with others in dungeons. Anything to help me would be great! Thanks for your time!Legilus5 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 assassination rogue AOE I really suck at AOE'ing in this spec, do you guys basically keep 2 or 3 pt ruptures on targets using fan of knives? Do you still do 5 pt evenom finishers? I have noticed that most times if i switch targets, fan of knives wont generate combo points unless I start off with a mutiliate, is that a glitch or intended?Naniwa6 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Disengage Root FTW Aparrently So this is the problem I am fighting a hunter he disengages and I am rooted. No big deal right? I just use cloak of shadows and it breaks it right? Nope used it and am still rooted can someone please explain to me why this happens?Shadowbreath6 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Mobility, Mobility. Hey there fellow backstabbers, So I am loving this rogue thing. I am enjoying some of the awesome tricks I can pull off for example I have "Saved the day" twice and snagged the flag in one Twin Peaks I was in today. It felt good. I have notice however my mobility seems to be a problem. It is to my understanding that these are some big issues we have atm. I can accept that, but I am curious what are we currently using or doing to help keep ourselves on our targets? As well as what talent do you prefer to use, Burst of Speed, Cloak and Dagger, or Shadowstep and why? Any help is appreciated.Skorpe20 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Should vendetta persist? I'm always hesitant to pop vendetta against a mage or pally knowing that they can just bubble to remove it. Its supposed to be the key to our burst, why not make it persist through these cooldowns? Hell, even just make it a self buff, its nonsense the way it is.Eiu4 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 How is it possible to beat a warrior? Warriors totally counter rogues in every way. They can beat full tyrannical rogues with out any skill at all! Retalliation, Deep Wounds, Defensive Cds etc. Then when you finally get past those defensive cds to 25%, they have second wind to save them. Not to mention all that rediculous danage they can pull. Rogues definitely need a damage buff to outdps some classes defensives.Inocence19 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 Recup in 5.4 So, have anyone in the PTR tested the new recup? It's good now? Because in the current state,i don't even feel like using it most of the times. And you guys think it's worth to glyph it? PVP wise i mean.Morthend6 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 What if Cheat Death Stealthed you? Hey guys new rogue here...just a few levels away from Hitting Pandaland and then gearing him out. But I've been reading the forums and from my own playing...I think its pretty much agreed on Cheat Death is a relatively bad talent. I kept trying to think of a way to make it useful without breaking it...And it hit me. Make Cheat Death a automatic emergency Vanish...the killing blow simply brings you to 10% life and stealth's you and gives you improved stealth for 2-3 seconds?Zintok10 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 rouge spec for rbgs/arena Im getting back into my rogue after so long.Just curious cause im really into combat and assassination are these doing pretty well in arena and rbgs? do you recommend one over the other or are they pretty close cause im leaning more towards combat? id consider sub but i dont really know it well also dont really like it that much but thats me im guessing lol ThanksExcalìbur3 Jun 25, 2013
Jun 24, 2013 Assassination or Subtlety for pve I just got over 480 today and ive been playing assassination for a while. I still think the build get starved easy in quick fights and aoe. So far i usually sustain 60k Ive heard mixed feeling about subtlety. Back in time it was my spec of raids and pvp. Now i use Assassination but i dont find it that great for arena and unless the boss lemme ramp up on him, its pretty hard to manage great dps. Whats your thought on that?Muramasa1 Jun 24, 2013
Jun 24, 2013 Stop suggesting changes And learn to play the class how it is. Rogue can hit 2.3k in arena RIGHT NOW if you have the right team composition in 3's, it has happened and I even saw 2.4k arena live on twitch last night and the rogue team WON, you can even find recording on twitch tv that show rogues winning against hunter teams as high as 2458 rating in 3's Mobility is fine. YES CLOAK AND DAGGER NERF WAS OVER THE TOP!! But there were 5-10 nerf threads being posted about ST and CnD daily on these forums, the devs had to calm the crowd, CnD will be changed to actually not be useless, just hang in there and learn to use ShS or BoS in the meentime, and quit suggesting changes they are all really bad lol for real....Gankhard29 Jun 24, 2013
Jun 24, 2013 Dagger or slow weapon for sub? Hey, I'm new to playing a rogue and just hit 90. I was curious if I should be using 2 daggers or 1 dagger and 1 slow weapon for sub pvp?Darkmadness1 Jun 24, 2013
Jun 24, 2013 Redirect no longer works on Megaera heads? This week ToT, I can no longer redirect combo points from a killed head to a newly arisen one like I used to. Is anyone else noticing that and was there a patch note that I missed?Avelica18 Jun 24, 2013
Jun 24, 2013 Some advice for a noob at arenas? Hi! Im having some trouble keeping restos silenced or at least not healing their teamates in arenas and would really apreciate some advice. I´ve tryied alot of moves but they have some nice instant spells and mobility, maybe im doing it wrong? maybe i shouldnt focus them? My usual moves are to bring hell on the healer´s teamate (mainly 2vs2) and blocking heals with my smoke bomb but seems like my dmg is low (i pressume cause im doing like 40% of my buddy´s dmg). Ive tryied to stunlock the healer while my teamate got their dps or at least keep the drood silenced, but no good. Any ideas? Another thing are pets... im so bad at aiming trough a entire zoo when fighting hunters, i´ve managed to block pet´s plates and leave only enemies and teamates, but still XD When Fighting locks not only they have shields, fears (tnx god for WotF) but the succubus.... I´ve tryied burning those things, but 1 ember (Flames of Xoxoth i think) and the thing its back like the t1000. Funny thing, they can clear sap and blind? cause i´ve tryied and they seem to last shorter or at least not as long as on other mobs. PS: im eng and lw, i have the rocket in my gloves but i dunno if it is THAT good, i mean 45k every 45 secs its good, but the synapse springs look tempting. Thanks for any tip!Anguirel1 Jun 24, 2013