Rogue

Apr 27, 2013 Trinket Questions Hello fellow Rogues, I'm here because I have a question about current trinkets for Rogues. Recently I have been using Talisman of Bloodlust and Bad Juju In my bank, I have Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault as well as Renataki's Soul Charm I've been doing some reading on EJ but can't really find any definitive answers on which ones would be best. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. I've tried using Shadowcraft but just seem to be stupid with it. It tells me to reforge a lot of my stats in to Haste, then once I do that, it tells me to reforge back to Expertise and vice versa.Novaprospekt6 Apr 27, 2013
Apr 27, 2013 Question a/b ShadowCraft Hey guys. I decided to start using this for my reforging. How come after reforging like it said, I can keep hitting auto reforge it puts me at a small loss for DPS and then if I hit it again it suggests my old reforge?Nimand2 Apr 27, 2013
Apr 27, 2013 Looking for Transmog Don't get me wrong, I've always loved the Bloodfang set, but I'm getting kind of tired of it. I'd really love a transmog that is purple or pink to go with the flaming pink daggers gathering dust in my bank. I like the Netherblade stuff, but it really doesn't scream "rogue" to me. Any suggestions from my extended rogue family?Viri28 Apr 27, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Stealth detection is... broken, imo. Was a thread about making PvP more skill than level based, was flamed because people apparently like finding the smallest thing to flame about. All comments come from people saying I can't beat 90s, rather than people saying the idea wasn't good. Those that did the latter did so poorly and with no reasoning. Well, good game.Kommy63 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Contender better than crafted, stat wise? Was looking at contender gear and all the mastery it has on them compared to crafted gear. Plus all the agi that crafted gear doesn't have and the only reason I would want crafted gear is just to hit that +30 energy increase. Playing assassination is the +30 energy worth it even if I don't pvp or should I just stick with contender?Fogeye3 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Returning rogue with a few questions Just got scroll of res'd. Trying to play battlegrounds an arenas exclusively. My question is, on my gladiator gear. How much hit do I need? As in: do iget the accessories with hit or crit?Okona2 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 any guides for mut pvp? Are there any guides for mut pvp? I haven't done any serious pvp this expansion, and I'm looking to get myself in shape for bg's / rbg's (not interested in arena beyond being able to cap points). I'd rather not waste time asking a bunch of questions that are likely answered elsewhere, but I'm not seeing any mut guides around. (the pvp guide in this forum is for sub, icyveins either doesn't have one or I'm looking in the wrong place, and arenajunkies apparently hasn't updated in quite some time). If there is no guide readily available, the main concerns I have are mostly related to gearing and talent choice. I've read the sub guide for gear advice (I assume the stat priority is the same for mut), though I'm not sure how applicable the talent advice would be for mut pvp. The main gear question is whether or not I should use crafted gear or pve gear until I obtain more honor gear (I've bought a few pieces, and I got some drops from sha over the course of the expansion). Also, 522 pve weapons / trinkets or replace those with honor gear as well?Kurogasa19 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Panda Rogues? Im switching race to Undead but im curious how well Panda rogues are doing.Spârk7 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Tier 15 - best offset piece? Thoughts on the tier 15 raid set (Nine-Tail Battlegear) and which is the better offset piece for raiding. I'm undecided on either helm or shoulders.Goju3 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Anyone else played FFXI (nostalgia) Back in the day? I was on Alexander. That game was so fun, I wish wow had a sub-job for my rogue... And a mog house. Also artifact armor please, gear with a story attached & cut scenes. Least their isn't real botting here lol. WoW surprises me being able to stay on top, but the developers could def innovate more aspects to this game. I always enjoyed PVP even in ffxi, ballista.Timekilling31 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Rogue weapons My knowledge on rogues is limited so could anyone tell me if its ok to have to both slow weapons for combat, one slow in mainhand one fast in off, two fast ?Chaucere1 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 BiS rings at 85? Cataclysmic gladiator rings or Band of Pricking Needles Not sure. 66 agility decrease on the cataclysmic rings from that one, but they do have pvp power and resil. Huh..Kommy4 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 why do i keep missing? Hey everyone I recently started pvping back on my rogue trying to get the next set of pvp armor and for some resson I miss on my attacks and specials say repture for example it will miss at times then my whole rotaion is messed up..I asked my guild they said 5% hit is the cap and yet i still miss I checked noxxic and that says 3% and 3% exp which I have..can someone help?Mewslove14 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Would you buy something from me? I don't look shady or anything. Anyone know a belt thats black to match all this?Rawrrawrr5 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Non-positional garrote? So farming AQ R+T to make some g now I'm "playing" again (some expensive mog items drop). Some mobs are immune to CS, so I tried opening w/garrote, just for shiz-n-gigs- I have subterfuge and am sub. After 1st garrote, mobs turn to face me, I keep spamming the same button w/out thinking cause it's my hemo bind out of stealth and I'm in ez-farm mode. I'm garroting them while they face me in subterfuge. Doesn't work w/ambush. Logs confirm. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Might it work in pvp? My time is stretched too thin to explore but though it might be of interest (if just so "we" know) to the rogue community.Jamalia8 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 New rogue, needs help! As the title states I am new to the rogue class. Before I really get into playing, I thought I would ask for some advise from the more experienced rogues. Any info will help.Deathwaltz10 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Should I be a rogue? So, in every game I've ever played I go for the sneaky agile get in and out kind of style character. I've played wow for...7? years now I think, I've lost count. I've played a rogue very little, never to the level cap. I mostly end up going back to my druids as I've had 2-3 max level druids each xpact. I like their versatility mostly. I've always had a do whats good for the group mind set, but lately I've been thinking about the fun I'd have as a solo player. My choices seem to be between rogue, feral druid, or hunter. I'd like to hear the rogue communities opinion on the class. I'm not concerned with balance or how "op or up" either of the 3 classes are. I'm here for playability and enjoyment purposes only. If this helps, I'm about 80% pvp and 20% pve. Thanks for any responses ahead of time, I look forward to reading each of your responses.Truche10 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Should sin ever use Wound Poison in PvP? Why or Why not?Newest6 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Question about T15 bonus Hi everyone, I've currently got 2 pieces of T15 and I'm quite happy with the 2 set bonus. Just want some of your inputs so that I can understand it better. At the moment, when I'm doing burst, potion and shadow blades normally gives me so many CP's that I have to envenom prematurely before my buff runs out. This gets more obvious with lust. I'm not lucky enough to get my 4 sets, but is the bonus really that good? I always feel that it's a waste to overlap envenom :( I also wanna know how it works out for combat. I haven't played combat since the blade flurry change. But people keep saying that T15 works so great for combat. But they told me that I have to separate my CD's, like I should not use shadow blades and AR at the same time coz my energy is gonna overflow very bad due to the gcd. So how do you guys use this 4 set bonus with combat? Would like to figure it out before I need to spec combat one day. Even tho I don't think combat is way more superior in any TOT fight. Well, maybe yes for H Ji-Kun. Thank you guys in advance.Ellunne4 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Whats up with rogue glyphs? Am I missing something? I just unlocked my first set of glyphs, and all of them seem..less then useful.Punked4 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Which weapon should I use. Claws of Shek'zeer Raid Finder Claws of Shek'zeer or Tyrannical Gladiator's Ripper Tyrannical Gladiator's Ripper I get 440.5 DPS 70 agility (Not including the Legendary gem) 104 stam 7 crit but lose 242 expertise If I use the PvP weapon. Then The above would be true, would it be better to use the PvP weapon with no gem or the Sha Touched claw with 500 agility gem?Kincayd2 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 NERF SHURIKENNN DA TOSSS Just kidding. I just wanted some attention since many other classes come here daily to hate on it, just for attention. http://tinyurl.com/abirdabirdaroguePackofcrows0 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Rune of Re-origination So, before I got such item(http://www.wowhead.com/item=95802#comments[LFR Version]) I was reforging and gemming for mastery, then I got such item, and was told by shadowcraft(rogue spreadsheet) and askmrrobot(general website for reforging and regemming) to reforge to crit and gem agi/crit gems, now for whatever reason shadowcraft is telling me to do this http://tinyurl.com/d96sa67 (tiny url'd it, had over 500 characters) and askmmrobot is telling me to do this http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/tichondrius/laffington Both have the same idea but are different, now I trust shadowcraft over askmrrobot, but now I'm wondering, why is it telling me to reforge and gem to haste and crit at the same time? did stat weights change?Laffington11 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 is this right? got a few new pieces but its putting my stat weights all wonky on shadowcraft. Agility2.681 Yellow Hit1.462 Crit Rating1.056 Strength1.050 Haste Rating1.034 Attack Power1.000 Mastery Rating0.989 Expertise Rating0.871 Spell Hit0.540 Hit Rating0.540 Mainhand Dps2.451 Offhand Dps0.660 Mh Expertise Rating0.642 Oh Expertise Rating0.229 T15 4pc1186.628 T14 2pc1150.780 T14 4pc930.933 T15 2pc722.336 is crit really better once you hit a certain ilvl?Sixin6 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 pvp power, pvp resil questions I see alot of rogues gemming pvp power, or straight resil, also noticing alot of rogues gemming straight agility into their pvp gear, which is best or does it depend on what kind of pvp you're doing I.E arenas, rbgs? I am going to do more RBG's than arenas, any advice is welcomed thanks again.Vadäk8 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 tricks of the trade whisper macro Anyone know of a macro that whispers your focus target without having to put said persons name into the macro? Or is there an addon that does this? I've had rogues that tricks my tank whisper me when they tricks me and it tells me how much threat/damage it gives me.Vadäk10 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 combat 5.2 pve- Is rupture worth it? I am seeing that rupture within the rotation feels like a dps decrease. but im hearing its better then evicerate. Am i right or wrong and why?Deathmantled4 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Mog help Can anyone think of a better pants and shoes that look like the dressed to kill buff?Aklad0 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 I feel bad but so good using pve trink in pvp It is just to much ownage. Add a Virmen's bite and agility flask for random bgs. And you get success. What you think?Rawrrawrr14 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Subtelty PvP- Swords or Daggers? Hello everyone! Lately I've been seeing a lot of rogues in pvp using swords instead of daggers? I saw somewhere that it generates more CP and more damage. I currently use daggers, but if swords are better overall I would choose that instead. What do you use? and Which is better?Clenceyo19 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Help too much hit! So i reforged out of every bit of hit rating I could. at 10% hit still! What to do? My 522 trinket gives me a lot of hit still but the proc is so super awesome I don't wanna give it up. Any suggestions or should I just enjoy more auto attacks landing for now?Valgar14 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Is Combat a good PvP choice? Just as the title says. I would love to try it, getting a little sick of the burst reliance. (Serioulsy, after you blow CDs, i'm just a walking sapper for a few minutes) Always wanted to try combat in PvP if that has more sustain, is it a good idea?Akumati31 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Hows our rogue dps looking? just wanted to see if anyone can look at these logs and see if our rogue is doing good dps for his ilvl and spec which is assass/513 . Tx in advance Heres logs for horridon through Magaera http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1xtiyi01my1qvbbf/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses Heres his link toon http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Azlirite/advancedSkillywilly12 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 The "Nerf" Completely justified. I am assuming some of you are going to re-roll?Twoshiv33 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 subtlety rogue openers: halp okay so i mainly play assass and as such ive learned all kinds of different openers i can do depending on the situation. i'm pretty new to sub but i've been playing it in arena more simply because the burst is what wins games for me and my frost DK. so i was wondering if you guys could share some openers with me! i'm not afraid to use shadow focus either i use it as assass and find the extra energy to be great but im also open to subterfuge as well. so what are some great openers w/ subterfuge or w/ shadow focus. i know as shadow focus i wanna start with something like cheapshot rupture. then subterfuge is something along the lines of garrote cheapshot ambush rupture. i'm kinda lost after that though. i know slice and dice is a bigger priority when playing sub because you need that extra energy but i find myself throwing it up... with eh too many combo points sometimes because then i end up leaving the fight with 15 or 20 seconds left on it. as assass i rarely throw it up because it doesnt give me extra energy, its still useful but i only throw it up when i know a fight is going to persist which is usually a long while into the fight. so im guessing as sub i should throw it up with maybe 2 or 3 points after premed snd wears off to see if the fights gonna go anywhere or reset. and another question i have is how do you really know if you want to dance or not. as assass its not as much of an issue because vendetta lasts 20 seconds or even 30 if you glyph it so youll always get some damage in on it and even if youre cc'd your dots will still be eating on it. but with shadow dance if you get cc'd at all it almost completely ruins it. the only idea i can come up with is to make sure my stuns are off DR and open with a cheapshot or maybe a garrote sometimes at the start of my dance. i'm also looking for any kind of tips or common mistakes subtlety rogues make. i came here about a month and a half ago for tips on how to play assass and i was amazed by the responses i got. i learned some things i didn't know and i'm not afraid to admit that. i just started playing a rogue only a month and a half to 2 months ago and i still need to learn alot. i love this community and i know some of you guys can shed some light on how to play sub. so c'mon you pro sub rogues halp a brotha out! teach me your trade!Stunshined14 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Are rogues ever wanted in groups? Sometimes I feel that no groups need us at all! You don't usually see people looking for rogues in RBGs/arenas/raids, do you? Will it be hard then to meet caps and get gear? I might be wrong but so far I don't really see people asking for rogues! What to do?!?!Enders2 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Rogue Helpful Channel www.youtube.com/roguessftwSsolutionss0 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Alysrazor Tornado Phase Simple question, how do you survive it? I am assassination, I get her down ~ 25% before this phase, I fly past the barrier. I keep feint with elusiveness up 100%, smoke domb 20%, evasion, clos, prep evasion, and have recuup ticking for maybe first few seconds of the aoe dmg. I am glyphed into CLOS as well since it's apparently physical dmg. I also use 1 120k HP potion, and get 1-2 ticks of bandage in... I still die and I have 401k hp. Any suggestions?Secondtime2 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 LFR weapons Just a curious thought, say i go combat in LFR will i still get daggers as well or do i need to be spec'd into assassination to get daggers?Vadäk4 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 New glyph of sap in 5.3 "Glyph of sap now removes all damage over time effects" DiscussDjsinsbad30 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Tricks of Our Trade: .. I am out of Shurikens In an attempt to bring the rogue community together, I say we follow in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem, Mangle: Bear, and more recently Power Word: (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains this. Link and info taken from Elethia's Power Word: Threads) and try to keep each thread up and running to cap. [/quote] The Archives for the Tricks of our Trade threads can be found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8402400233?page=1 So, down to the business! Rules of the Thread are as follows: ... Discussion topic: Things, Words, Adjectives, SentencesFrai500 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 pvp power or agility is pvp power or agility better for dmg in pvp? with synapse springs and my proc trinket i get a lot of agility but outside of that i do like no dmg. i have 45% pvp powerTrymeh8 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 What's your pvp opener? Being that I'm not spec'd Subterfuge I usually go Premed to S&D, Garrote or CS, Hem, BS x2, pool, shadow blades/pvp trinket, KS, spam BS and evisc. What do you do?!Kaevill21 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Master Poisoner? It increases spell damage taken by 5% Are our poisons classed as spell damage? considering i play Assassination 95% of the time, this sounds like a nice damage buff or is it just to help casters DPS betters in raid and suchVitoee7 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Can't stealth I'm pretty sure if I actually log out, this will be fixed, but came here cause I'm bent. (rogye gets pissed, cries in forums, lol) I'm not in combat, I can mount. I can't stealth. /reload did nothing. I whine in Gchat, one of my friends says "that must be what's up with this rogue, shows buff but isn't translucent at all". How broken is stealth?!?! WTH. Stealth needs to be fixed. How many problems? It's the defining rogue ability, imagine how fast devs wouls scramble to fix GC's main class. Mage can't blink/ice block? Sure...Jamalia5 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Noob Rogue looking for help in arena burst. I am not a complete noob, mostly tyr some malev gear, but I can't seem to do this rediculous burst I see rogues that slightly out gear me doing. Main example. I play arena a ton with a friend and we often come by rogues with 400k+ unbuff'd hp and most of the time, they know some trick to kill my friend or myself in roughly ten seconds or less. I bust all CDs with Shadow Dance and trinket but I am lucky to pull anything above 75k dps peak during shadow dance. How are these rogues killing my friend and I so fast yet my rogue that should only be one piece or two behind can barely even keep up with a pally or dk in damage done for short fights. What is the secret/what may I be doing wrong? I play Sub (as all other pvp rogues) I go for Crit/Mastery and use tyr daggers with windsong (im cheap) fully gemmed/enchanted. I spec into subterfuge and go with shirken and paralytic poison usually as my talent set. What are the key things I may be doing wrong to drastically cut my burst or tips I may have missed to ensure I can one shot someone. My biggest problem is against plate/mail classes, I can watch a rogue 3 shot one yet I seem to tickle them most of the time.Pestilencë3 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 What if Rogues had clones XD Like the mage ones that copy what we do. Oh the luls.Rawrrawrr8 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 How do I look as a twink? To be upgraded: Bracers, Cape, Chest, Waist, Rings, 85 PvP Trinket. Sitting at 98% mastery, and will possibly be more as I gain more BiS gear. 2 shotting 85s, getting malevolent/tyran geared 90s down to 50% health in my opener. Opener is as follows: Sap > Vendetta > Cheap shot > Mutilate > 5 CP Rupture > Disarm (If melee, gouge if caster) > PvP Trinket (Because I'm ALWAYS stunned after my opener, people are so predictable. Cant name one time this hasn't happened) The rest is basically a burst fest until the other guy hits 0. Classes I can't beat: Second wind warriors, Monks (Would like advice for those two)Kommy8 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 New Rogue Advice Hello, I made a new rogue, level 19 atm leveling with full looms throuigh Bgs. I love the low level PVP and am doing it as Sub. My question is at 90, what is the best spec for DPS? Then what is the best Spec for PVP? As far as I can gather from the Forums, Combat is the PVE dps spec and Sub is for PVP? If thats the case what role does Assanation play atm? Thank youBosspriest3 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Capacitive Primal Diamond Just received the the legendary meta gem today! I have heard people say that the normal agile primal diamond will still be better, does that hold true? Others have said that it makes something like ~10% of their DPS done according to logs. I just want some feedback before I place it into my helm.Lvoutlaw5 Apr 24, 2013