Rogue

Apr 4, 2013 Rogue 5.2: Likes and Dislikes This thread is to try to get an idea of what the rogue community likes and dislikes about the rogue class in order to help give the developers an idea of what direction we would like changes to be in. I will give some prompt questions to help people along. First though, some requests to help maximize the usefulness of this thread. (Note: The examples I use do not reflect my personal opinion): ... Alright, now that you've skipped the boring quoted text, let's get down to business! Here are some prompts if you find them useful, but obviously you don't need to answer any/all of them. ... Ok, go.Haileaus19 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Dance the night away. Ok so I just dinged 80 and required the skill shadow dance. I have been watching streams and tried to find macros to utilize the skill the best but am still confused. So can anyone post up thier Sahdowdance macros for pvp and how/when to use use them. Because I think I am a little lost.Jinrock17 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Dancing Steel is it beneficial to have it on both daggers?Akasendo3 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Help with my opener I'm bad, but having fun playing rogue. Here's my opener, maybe you can help. Premed - > snd - > cheap or garrote -> dance -> ambush -> evis - > ambush -> ambush - > evis -> ambush -> garrote or sndFlësh23 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Deadly thrown nerf inc? Probably old news to those that have been keeping up with this but ...Timat7 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 importance of rupture at what point does putting rupture up on anymore targets become a waste of cp? I try to get rupture or garrote on at least 2-3 people in group fights. The 30-40 energy ticks are amazing, and usually put my dmg through the roofVelexin1 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Tips for fighting a lock? Lately I've been trying to duel locks so that I can improve against them in arena, but I find them just so difficult. It's usually a bit easier if they have Grimoir of Sac as I can get off blind restealths, but they seem to just have so many defensives, and do a ton of damage. Any time I get them slightly low they have a defensive to get their health back to nearly full. P.S. This seems to be mainly demo and destro locks. Not sure about affliction, I have a feeling they would be quite a bit easier. Any tips?Messi23 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 shuriken toss so basically after 5.2 rogues can turn into a ranged class? when u shuriken toss u get a combo point and also your auto attacks start goin at range aswell, so smash 5 shurikens and u can slice n dice all u need to get close to the mob for is to get rupture on the target i dont know about anyone else but this sounds stupid, a ranged rogue? there supposed to stay snug and stun not be a hunterSmeltor7 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 double on use worth it anymore? figured use one with dance obv maybe other with blades? or just to hit harder of ur opener when dance is down?Swapa7 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Need some advice So I just am looking to get some insight/opinions here. Today I acquired my lfr 483 shoulders, finally giving me my two set tier 14. Later on my guild did some heroic MSV, and pulled the 502 shoulders off of Spirit Binder. Basically I'm wanting to know how good/important our 2 set t14 is, or would the stat gains from the heroic shoulders be better? Thanks in advance.Lobotomist0 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Rogue 101: Facts Rogues 101: Code of Dishonor and Improper conduct 1. Rogues play dirty, burst + hide rotation 2. Rogues don't fight like warrior were you go face to face. Always stay behind the target 3. Pop cd, if it didn't die, go vanish and wait for cd (60sec) 4. Never get peoples attention, stay stealth till they get distracted by something else...like your healer or tank for example 5. Kill What you can Kill, Ignore what you cant 6. Tricks people you are annoyed at 7. Got to Love Shadow Dance Macro 8. Hate companion pets (they don't go invisible cause they love priest more, gave pets shadow form) 9. Whether you like it or not, backstab doesn't become frontstab in the tooltip when hitting pve boss like Ultraxion. Its ok to hate PvE 10. Shadow step, Cloak and Dagger, Killing Spree are the top ways to die by fall damage. More reason to hate PvE 11. Annoy people by spamming Fan of Knives at the start of the Battle Ground 12. Too many rogues, only half of them knows how to spell the word "rogue" 13. Use sap to steal peoples herb/mining nodes 14. If they trinket out, disorient and go steal there nodes 15. Smoke Bomb is actually your rogue farting so hardRåïjïn0 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 PvP Reforger tool is there a good pvp reforge tool out there? i cant seem to find oneBundlez8 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Anyone else feel like the new subtlety... just isn't fun anymore? I feel like rogues lost a lot of their control aspect, now all i gotta remember to do is energy pool in stealth, then spam away at openers finishing with eviscerate. Then rinse and repeat with restealths + shadow dance. Both the two other specs feel too gimped due to the amount of exposure time they require and the extreme squishyness of our class.Temür5 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Trinket problems. Currently using: Bad Juju Arrowflight Medallion Alternative: Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault Predicament: I can not possibly get rid of any more hit. With the Vicious Talisman trinket, I get stuck at 9.61% hit. Shadowcraft has the raid finder Bad Juju listed as better than the arrowflight medallion for assassination but only marginally and without the 2/2 upgrades I have, but it will not allow me to upgrade the trinket on their site to check values. I know there are tools out there to solve this problem on my own but honestly I am not good with internal numbers involved in these types of things and get confused. Can anyone offer help on which two of the three I should choose?Goronn4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 S13 helm intervention The madness has gone on long enough, the season 13 head slot for rogues needs to be mogged people. You all look like flying nuns. Go ahead take a look, this is what you look like http://i.imgur.com/wMyNz1m.jpg Now stop the madness and mog those helms, I can not have my fellow rogues running around looking like this!Ripcage12 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Is this DPS ok for starters? Hi! Sorry my Armory isn't updated but my Ilvl is only 437, mostly blue pvp gear, two pieces of malevolent gear and the boots from the sha quest, two green daggers, rings and trinkets (I was originally just going to PvP, but decided to get into PvE instead) I was practicing on a test dummy, I prefer Assassination as I cannot get the hang of Combat. As assass, I do around 25k on the boss dummy, as Combat it is much lower. I'm just wondering if the 25k is enough for the heroics. Or what I should do.Nakayla1 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Need some help I just came to a realization to the reason why i'm not doing as well in arenas. I don't have many macros. Of course i have burst macros, but when i want to cc i tab target then blind/gouge etc... I want to be able to just press blind and it automatically targets an enemy and blinds them, without having to click/tab target. If this is possible, could somebody be kind enough to post some cc macro, and or any helpful macros that will benefit me? Would be very much appreciated. Thank you.Heytham7 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Help dissecting WoL Results on a TOT run Not impress with my DPS tonight. am lost for an explanation, guessing maybe gear of fact Combat Sucks until 4xT15 pcs. Please help dissect WoL with me. I know some Trix up keep was low, and also interupts. This is my 1st major run past 1st boss, so based on what i saw on Youtube strats i was winging it but still no excuse for this crappy dps. mean I know i can do better cause i see better figures in T14 instances and ToT LFR. Papamidnyte is my toons name. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4oby9h7o5fe6pmxl/ THx in advancePapamidnyte2 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 New Rogue Talent (I got this From Dota ^,..,^) Death Dance (Replaces Shadow Dance) Your rogue calls upon the deities of the swamp to seal a Dark Pact. You take on the guise of invisibility and does not disappear when you attacks or cast spells for 5sec. This skill also passively grant you 150% movement speed in the duration of the spell. All your ability does 50% less damage in the duration of the spell but all your skill now also cost 50% Less. ======================================================== Omnislash (Replaces Killing Spree) You toss your opponent in the air, attacking every .50 sec until 15 assaults are made. Does not increase your damage anymore but your opponent is silenced and stunned during the duration of the skill. You now only hit one target ======================================================== Tempest Double (Replaces Vendetta) By vibrating at extreme speeds, you are able to create a perfect electrical incarnation of yourself. This incarnation mimics your movement and skill. The conjured image fixates at the target for 20 sec. You and the conjured image only does 45% damage during the duration of the spell ======================================================== Comparison Talent: Death Dance >Less Damage but more survivability Basic: Shadow Dance >More Damage but no survivability Talent: Omnislash >Less Damage, hit only one, with cc Basic: Killing Spree >More Damage, hit multiple, no cc Talent: Double Tempest >Less Damage, Attacking others will still do damage since your clone will keep on fallowing the target while imitating your skill (no skill used, the clone will just fixate and auto-attack) Basic: Vendetta >More Damage, swapping target waste the skill unless you transferred it with redirectRåïjïn18 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Shadow Dance? WTF do you do in a 8 sec Shadow Dance????? I have a rogue and it seems like when I watch Reckfuls stream he is always hitting for mad deeps in shadow dance but my shadow dance is more like..... *pop shadow dance *ambush *wait for energy *ambush *wait for energy WTF of all the mother F&&()^ S*^^ am i supposed to be doing durring this 8 sec durration? or is this just the way it is and in need to ltp?Maice8 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Recount and kick Does not seem to be counting the Interrupts when kicking venom priests in ToT. Anyone else have this issue?Mÿthx3 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Ambush + Cloak & Dagger Not working.Avengard4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 How do you beat a warlock in a duel I'm serious.. I have tried everything :( waiting out cooldowns in vanish...popping everything... crying.. nothing works! halpSxc1 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Any tips for new rogues? Haven't played a rogue since 3.3.5, love the playstyle/lore, decided to roll one. I don't want to be "that rogue" that everyone hates, so anybody got any tips that they would share with someone returning to the class?Calvix7 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 I'm back! Not that any of you particularly missed me, but being the self-fulfilled mofo I am I feel you should have. Hooray! Now, onto the real topic. Hugging spree should be the next TooT title. All in favour say I.Kommy4 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Rogue Question Hi there my questions to all you Rogues are: What are the pro's and cons To Rogues Compared to Druids. Which would be the Go to Class for 3v3's Rogues or Druids. Im asking this because i am debating on stopping my feral and working on a rogue..But cant decide. So im looking for some background on rogues.Artifical4 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Handy tips So I am just posting a few tips for newer rogues to adjust them more to rogue combat so they can rely less on ST spam. Tip 1- Damage reduction. Most people think elusiveness/nerve strike/combat readiness when they think of rogue damage reduction. But with glyphs and changes a rogue can achieve better damage reduction than shield wall, and this does not include any of those talents. For instance if your vanish is down but cloak is up, you can pop smoke bomb in conjunction with glyphed cloak of shadows, this gives you a 60% damage reduction on top of making you nearly spell immune. When rogues use this combo they are a complete nightmare to take down. Tip 2- Disarming. Dismantle is just as much a part of a stunlock vs a melee as any stun. With increased DR rogues need to think more outside of the box when it comes down to locking down a target for as long as possible. When you are facing a melee instead of hitting KS soon after cs, disarm them instead (Do not do this against a rogue as you will leave yourself vulnerable to KS/Dance or gouge restealths), in the case of warriors it will just neuter them and will buy you time to stretch the lock down. Tip 3- Nerve Strike. If you have nerve strike, avoid applying ks or even disarming till the debuff fades (Except in the case of rogues). If you jump straight from cs to ks or even disarm right after you open, you are essentially making your talent choice of nerve strike moot. You want to ride that debuff out and then proceed with your lock down. Tip 4- Offensive vanishing. With the edition of baseline prep, you are freed up to use vanish in far more creative ways. Do not be afraid to use vanish offensively to add extra burst damage or to control a target. If you have subterfuge (most rogues do) it will allow you to offensively vanish without the need of cloak of shadows. Ask anyone that has been the victim of a proper offensive vanish and they will tell you just how bad they hate rogues. Most rogues I have fought use vanish almost exclusively as a defense/escape. That is no longer necessary and using it in offensive fashions will determine the outcome of the fight far more than you even might realize. Tip 5- Spec. As I have stated before we are not all 2.6k rogues, but for some reason a vast population of the rogue class believes they must have the same spec as Reckful/Woundman/RZN <insert your favorite rogue> And if they do not have that spec, they are playing the class wrong or inefficiently. This is a huge misconception. And sub is not the best spec for every situation, not by a long shot. So do not be afraid to experiment, try out assassination with leeching poison, or combat with paralytic poison. Find out which spec yields the best results for how you play, not what yields the best results for Reckful. If I think of any more I will post them later as it is almost arena time. (tyrannical weapons today WOOT!)Ripcage0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 DR tracker? Is there an visual addon that tracks DR?Jethan2 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Best Leveling Spec for Fast 85-90?? long time wow playing just trying to get into MoP after stopping playing at the end of cata... Whats the fastest spec to level as for rogue? I know the abilites for PvP.. but I know that cant be the fastest for leveling. I know the talents are completely different but Some must stick oout for leveling because I dont see much haha thanks in advancePanderpuff5 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Everyone's tears I am thoroughly enjoying all the crying by sub-par players about Rogues.(I realize I'm a sub-par player as well blah blah) It's so nice to see, that a simple change to a single ability makes others so angry and upset because they cannot adapt to a situation. Anyone else agree? :D Edit: I'm talking about ST by the way. ;PKyosiki16 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Combat DPS Viable Heading into Heroic ToT My guild will be heading into H-ToT tonight and im now at the point of worry about my spec. heroic difficulty will require every raid member be in top form wether tanking/dpsing/healing. I have been parsing on fights as we kill them but notice more and more my name appearing in the bottom 12/16-17 DPS. I am a seasoned Combat rogue and have been raiding hard since Cata, playing since vanilla. I guess my main problem is now when we get to these fights that require a specific output, I am only able to provide so much that I will be sat or FORCED to play another spec. This is now a growing concern for me. I understand that in a above average raiding situation a choice like this might need to be made, however I feel my spec is now caught in the middle mediocracy. PVE - Assassination is tops for raiding and Sub is the go to spec for PVP. Combat has no niche no real benefit to play, we don't have our 'big stick' anymore w/ bladeflurry, so I guess the real question is: What does combat bring to the table now for a raid/PVP that differentiates itself from the other two specs? Combat is now parsing the lower quartile in regards to raid dps for spec's and it is unfortunate, I am almost to the point that if a dagger drops I will be FORCED to spec sination. This was a swing in the wrong direction. Blade flurry dealing less damage than FOK in assassination is a tragedy. At this point, I really hope the ramp-up of stats will bring combat back into the picture but this has to be an absolute low for the spec.Vizimir49 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 whats the best rogue pvp spec? mainly for arenas/BGs (not rbgs) and what comps should i run? RMP for 3s and rogue/mage for 2s still?Kialoria2 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Cloak of shadows nerfed? I'm getting hit by Censure and all DK dots with Cloak of Shadows active. Is this a bug or not?Bocephuss4 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Ranged DPS on JinRokh shenanigans Copying the post I created on EJ to reach a wider audience and hopefully brighten some people's raid nights. Weeks ago, I posted a video from the PTR (pre5.2) of some testing with the rune trinket (pre PPM nerf) and was also testing sustainable ranged dps with shuriken and deadly throw w/ rupture weaving every sstep. If you are interested that post is in the subtlety thread. I brought this up because I was curious how Jin'Rokh would go if I played this style. I failed to fraps it (will be up next Tues), but here is the log. Only mutilates (2) were during vanishes used I think a couple of times when we stacked during thunderstorm - rest is shuriken and dispatch as builders, DT and envenom as finishers. Gear was around a 508 ilvl, VP trinket + 2/2 HM Bottle, 8k mastery, zero 14/15 tier piece bonuses. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-evn1j6605o8xuvw7/sum/damageDone/?s=859&e=1079 Farm nights can get boring and all it takes is some talent swaps so I thought you guys might be interested. Not to mention how fun it is to stand with the rest of ranged dps, but never get targeted by ranged boss mechanics! Enjoy.Chrisirl0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Back from the start of pandaria. Just started back and I recall Rogues damage being sub-par. How are you guys in Pvp now?Kreigar14 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Blood Legion (World #2) - Rogue PoV Stream! I'll be streaming again tonight! http://www.twitch.tv/Ahdehl_BL Q&A, etc!Ahdehl4 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Xmog help I need some opinions on which are the best daggers to go with the death mantle set?Hädés0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Rogue PvP - 5.1 and 5.2 I've been goin' round the forums asking what people from different classes are experiencing in PvP in 5.1 and what they're excited for in 5.2. Rogues, you're up. What's looking good for the future, and how do you feel about the class right now?Zenjali10 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Rogue transmog item inquiry I was wondering if there was any leather pants that looked like the Shayvarra pants. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100427020335/wowwiki/images/1/19/Shivarra.jpgProcellá0 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Biggest 'yep i was bad' moments, For me it was prob back in vanilla, i got to level 25-30 before i noticed another rogue with these things called poisons, anyways he helped me out and when i got them life was alot easier lol. I really hated questing, so basically id just randomly farm mobs to get exp, I had a level 30 SM dagger till i hit 60, and im pretty sure i leveled as Sub daggers, because of the nice stealth talents. I also leveled 51-60 farming harpies in AV lol.Naiyr298 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 rare mobs anyone else notice rare mobs for us take 5minutes to kill, and were lucky to survive most of them while all other classes can kill them in 30secsDainßramage8 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Is it possible to do 2's with 2x rogues In almost full tyran?Parlunnedis6 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Best Spec for the dueling and 2s rogue? What would be the best spec for these 2 things? I've stuck with Sub for a while now, but I'm just making sure. Which do you guys recommend?Vriská20 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Assassination - Mastery or Haste Now I am talking about normal gear only atm since I am a little ways away from heroic gear. I know BiS haste pulls ahead with the 2 RPPM trinkets. My question is If I have 2 RPPM normal trinkets does haste still pull ahead or am I better main reforging mastery secondary haste? I see in BiS gear haste pulls ahead by roughly .2 EP over mastery. I understand I can use Shadowcraft, and have, It tells me to reforge and gem haste which I don't completely agree with atm since Im using the VP trinket and terror in the mists... and I read Its 'tuned' for BiS values.Gameofrogues7 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 WW monk How to beat this class one vs one in 5.2? I literally have no idea they 100 to 0 me.Ireportyou6 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Ruthless Gladiator Vendor Inbred1 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Pvp dagger question Next Tuesday I will be able to get both my tyrannical daggers. The question I am asking is goin from mal daggers to tyrannical does it give much of a dps boost? Especially to our burst as sub TySmeltor2 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Rogue PVE DPS, What spec? So, title says it all. Is combat competitive these days?Toramas28 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 Need Help fixing dps I have been struggling with my dps for a couple of weeks now. My ilvl is 499 and my spec is currently combat. My dps has been rather low lately and im not sure why. I have been gemming and reforging according to http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/. I follow the combat rotation from http://www.icy-veins.com. For add ons i use Need To Know to time buff/debuffs and Nugcombobar. My dps is currently around 70k on target dummies. My latest ToT run was http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r9qtnkq8tprowayh/. On Jin'rokh my dps is fine but when i hit horridon and council it drops dramatically. Any help would be appreciated.Snufflelo3 Apr 2, 2013
Apr 2, 2013 ShadowDance Macro Help So I just came back from quite a long break from WoW. I was playing assassination, but apparently Subt is better for PvP. I've been hearing that there's some sort of shadow dance macro that you use to avoid bar lag. I've been looking everywhere for it >. > I just can't find it :[ Someone help me!Selna1 Apr 2, 2013