Rogue

Feb 23, 2013 Rogue Pvp specs Just curious. I currently play combat because I like the idea of using heavy weapons. But overall I do not understand the rogue specs. So what is the difference between all the specs? And which is best for Pvp? Someone told me that all the specs were viable, but I am just askin y'all's opinionDreev4 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Does Blizz take Pickpocketing seriously? Rogues have an ability to do something unique that no one else can do. As I see it having the 3 dagger/sword epics as loot and that is pretty much it is a bit of a waste of a pretty cool function of a character. Why cant there be a certain number of items outside of lockboxes which are unique to pickpocketing. A trade material or something like that which would mean that there is a reason to actually have pickpocketing..........and it could be relevant and profitable. Having only started late wrath was there ever a time where buy pickpocketing was worth doing regularly. I have even noticed that every time you find an area with decent lockbox drop rate it gets nerfed. Then the lockbox contents gets nerfed. Also the $$ drop from pickpocketing is pathetic........silver silver silver.........I am not expecting to get rich of pickpocketing. PLEASE JUST MAKE IT WORTH HAVING A BUTTON BOUND TO DO IT.Juggliest12 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Glyph of Feint Glyph of Feint~ Allows the usage of Feint while stunned energy cost increased to 30.Paníc42 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Best spec for leveling? Always wanted to play a stealth class, so I'm going to make a rogue as an alt. What spec would be best to level up in? No experience on rogue whatsoever lol. Also what weapon heirlooms?Stanery2 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Thoughts on Glyph of Shadow Walk Questions for you fellas, how do you feel overall about Glyph of Shadow Walk for PVP (battlegrounds) ay 90? I had it on this rogue and I can't decide if it's worth it. Sometimes it seems to really help to be the first one to uncover re-stealthed druid or a rogue, but plenty of times I still get sapped first even with this shadow walk activated. Have you tried it out? What do you think?Scoundrel1 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Can I just have this? Jesus. Im not complaining about how all my health died in his shockwave. Im definately not complaining about how if I wanted to play my rogue, I may as well play half the other classes in the game. Because when MoP released, they couldnt think of any new abilities, so they gave them MINE. Im not complaining about my abilities not killing people fast enough, or not being able to survive ANYONE ELSES abilities. ALL I want. Is. That when i am COMPLETELY OBLITERATED by swiftys brother, carl, that my vanish ability doesnt IMMEDIATELY go on cooldown upon death. Because the only thing more frustrating than dying in ANOTHER shockwave stun, is dying in a shockwave stun and vanish going on CD while im dead. If vanish was used, then I SHOULD BE ALIVE. Or worst case I vanish and then die from bleeds or something. But to have vanish be used and me INSTANTLY die at the exact same time is annoying. Any other rogues have this happen?Stunshine16 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Initial crit Hi, everyone, recently I found out I dont have initial crit, I have 0 crit with no gear on, but my pally has 5%, shammy has 3%. Thats so unfair for us.26 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Idea's on Rogues. The damage should be fine now in 5.2 but I think the rogues are still softer then other class's. Trade out -30% damage taken for a passive +% healing received. (was 20% pre MoP but even rework it to 10 or 15%) (Cheat death/healing poison/+% healing received.) one of the three. Add in a passive -10% damage taken for "all specs".(was only assassination pre MoP) Most of the class's have ether a baseline passive or a ability the class may spec into that is passive. (Both the +20% healing received and the -10% damage taken were ability's rogues had pre MoP in the Assassination tree). The -30% damage taken is nice but with the energy cost it can make the rogue feel energy starved at times.(and the cost of a world CD in PvP) Any ideas you may have on adding back in some old ability's or why not to are welcome.Gâme3 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 EnchantWeapon - Lifestealing or Unholy 4 PvP? My rogue is currently only level 14. I've purchased 2 Sharpened Scarlet Kris for him as well. I plan on enchanting them but I'm not sure what enchant to use. My friend who plays a rogue told me to use lifestealing which is good but I'm worried about the whole falling off at level 60, don't really want to spend 700 gold just to have to spend another good amount later. And unholy seems cool but I'm honestly unsure of how effective it is. Any input is appreciated :)Quildren2 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 wow 5.2 pvp poisons why do ppl say to use crippling poison in pvp when the pvp set bonuses gives crippling with any non lethal anyway? and btw as assassination what poisons should i be running with, thankyouSmeltor5 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 I might raid. Are rogues bad? I been hearing from my homies that rogues don't pull adequate numbers in heroic raids. Is this true? I used to lead raids, would I not want to take a rogue if something else is going to do 10-15k more dps? We did a few 5mans today, and I was consistently lower dps than my mage buddy, we're geared from normal DS on these chars. I was really trying to out dps the mage on boss fights, but i could not, and he wasn't trying hard like me. Is this the norm right now? I haven't changed this char in the slightest from DS train of thought yet.Gempalm16 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Shadowcraft Question I recently came back to WoW and I was wondering if the mmo-mumble version of shadowcraft was still accurate, and if not, is there somewhere else I can go to get the updated version of shadowcraft to optimize my reforging and gems. I prefer Shadowcraft over AMR so if it's out there, I would like to get it. Thanks!Aerodox3 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Just did my first Endless Spring And I know many will be pissed but I did not get any loot except my first dagger Spiritsever. WOOT! What enchant should I put on my off hand?Kelfalfin6 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Rogue Weapon/Spec Versatility So, I had a discussion with my partner earlier about how it really stinks being limited to specific weapons per spec and how the current loot table of weapons makes it pretty restricting for rogues. He mentioned one good point, "It's the lore that keeps rogues from having weapon versatility per spec." He proceeded to educate me on how without daggers, assassination is worthless and without at least one dagger, subtlety is gimped, and lastly how combat is better with swords and axes (even maces and fists). I asked him why he doesn't play combat. He answered, "because the loot table is very limited and all I have gotten for now is daggers so I am restricted to playing assassination." I asked him which spec he prefers for pve and he said combat. I personally feel that Rogues should be allowed to use swords, fists, axes, maces, or daggers for any of their three trees. Setting lore aside, they are the only class with abilities restricted to weapon type. More than seven years after launch, we have more crazy class/race combos, abilities, etc too many to list and quite a large number don't actually follow lore. While, I am all for lore, I am adamant that it is past time to lighten up on the weapon restrictions against rogues. Blizzard, have you considered lifting the restrictions on specific weapons per abilities for Rogues? It's not like you're throwing Rogue lore out the window, you're just adapting to change that is inevitable after 7 years. Let's be honest here, in real life you can mutilate and backstab with any weapon... for the most part.Drqtlol10 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 I have Big Problems with Garalon. I have a problem about the third boss of hof "garalon" well, my raid Leader is told me I need to be Combat in this battle, yes I know I need to use Blade flurry to make extra dps in his head well the raid leader say I can't use Killing Spree Because I´ll activate the crush. without this ability i´ll lost damage. i was checking in "world of logs" the ranking of the dps for all rogue in the world for this fight and they´re using the killing spree not all the time and this boss give me a headache, because when I use the blade furry is not the same like sha of fear in terrace of endless spring, I need to stay all the time in his legs to make the damage. the Raid leader told me I need to be careful to enter below in his stomach and say you have a good distance to make dps and I say " hey dude this is not the sha of fear,sha give me a good distance to attack, but this boss don't give me the distance i need stay all the time in the legs to make the extra damage. I understand this fight, and I know the good spec is assesination for the legs. give extra dps to the head when there is no legs to attack. So I come here to ask help for those rogue how kill this boss, what I should do? I Wipe a lot of time 72 more Specific T_T and I'm too tired in this boss. I hope someone can help me.Revins3 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Versatility in 5.2 wur it go?Layke19 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 (PvP) Subterfuge opener questions Sorry if this has been answered before, I just couldn't find any information about it on the forums/other sites. So, when opening with subterfuge, when should I rupture and use SnD? Which gets top priority (especially since the buff to SV in 5.2)? And is the extra energy for the PvP 4pc set going to help with subterfuge's energy starvation problem in 5.2? What I've been usually doing is Garrote > Premed Ambush > Eviscerate, or Cheap Shot > Rupture > Premed Ambush > Eviscerate. Should I premed SnD before even opening to get that extra energy regen rolling for more smooth openers? Should I try doing Garrote > Cheap Shot at the end of subterfuge for extra control and Prey on the Weak damage boost? Also looking for more tips on Subterfuge openers too! Thanks a bunch guys :)Ramaloke9 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Can enemies see my pets when I stealth? I tried searching, but all I found was people whining that player's pets were breaking their stealth. So, can enemies see your battle pets following you around when you are stealthed?Xiongshou6 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 I got wrecked by a level 82 mop ele shaman. edit He was a twink, this thread is to be abandoned, by order of the overlord people I'm too lazy to make up right now.Brokenstar23 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 New Ability Shadow Push, copy and paste of typhoon but with a cool shadowy animationAnxiety21 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Combat vs Assasination So i am currently running combat for raid dps and it seems like every rogue that out dps' me is running assasination. So if assasination is better then i guess my question is; should i switch? take into consideration that if i did i would have to use 2 daggers from heroic dungeons where as i have 2 LFR fist weapons for combat so would that downgrade be worth it?Mycka12 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Hit and run for all but only in stealth Hit an run fell out of our specs for this boring, and not very creative but good Cloak and Dagger. In my opinion Cloak and Dagger goes against everything a talent should be. Its too similar to shadowstep to feel cool. Its only useful for one spec. The only thing it is is op if youre sub so of course the nubtards are going to vote for it. Anyway I suggest Hit and Run return but to everyone and only as a stealth move. It might be cool to pull of some premeditated tactics with it. Also if kept as is, you could use the teleporting portion to dodge stuff that would knock you out of stealth. (this aspect of it may be a bit too useful so it may even be good to take the teleporting portion out) What do ya think? It would be interesting right?Kealrix1 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 So CnD not breaking roots? I heard CnD it's not breaking roots anymore on the latest PTR build, could anyone confirm this? CnD will be close to wothless if this is true. Thanks.Vens3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Honest impression of Rogue pvp in 5.2 Has any pvper's actually played on the ptr to test this, I haven't seen much and I have been wanting to dust off my old rogue account for a while now. Any type of feedback would be great.Yurei3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 dps help I have been to the stickies listed above, icy veins, and elitist jerks and my DPS is holding around 70-80K. My guild says that is way too low. Any advice on raising it....is my reforge messed up or something? My raiding spec is my offspec.Nighslicer8 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Sin could use a filler that isn't 55 energy That'd be nice, blizz <3Kommy1 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Benefits to Active Players So, this just occurred to me when reading another post in another thread. What do you think of Blizzard giving rewards to players who wait/unsub versus those of us who still play? Now, let me head the fanboy's off: I'm not saying Blizz is evil, I'm not saying 'GIMME FREE STUFF' and I'm not saying 'Don't give quitters anything ever!' If I had to sum up this post, it would be simply this: What about us? I get that Blizzard is a business. I get they want to lure people into coming back, and that in luring them back they give them cool things. Heck, I even get putting things on sale after awhile, once they're out like pets and mounts and the stuff - but what of us who linger here? I went out and pre-ordered Cata and MoP. I bought a mount from the store, and was gifted the Winged Guardian Cub And Lil' XT by a friend. I spent over $100 bucks on transferring my toons about, and I don't regret any of it! What makes me puzzled, however, is the constant treatment those who quit get. Specifically I'm talking about the Scroll of Resurrection, the constant discounts on things pre-payers bought for full price, and RAF (with someone 'new' to the game). What do you think of maybe having discounted weekends for toon transfers, or faction changes? What about giving an achievement for those of us who've been around for awhile, just for being here? Do you think we even should get anything for sticking around? Dunno, just thought about making a thread - seeing the general feedback of the forum dwellers. :x Note: I am aware of the Anniversary achievements. But it didn't matter if you bought the game the day before the anniversary or not; it's a blanket achievement for those who logged in that day regardless of how long they were playing.Joyia5 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 energy question Ive noticed in some ptr videos rogues with 150 and 170 energy, is this strictly a pvp bonus or will pve rogues be getting as well? anyone that can explain?Stikrz2 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Highest evis so most of the threads these days are complaining about stupid crap, lets just have a nice little epeen thread, Give the gearing up some inspiration if you will.. hit a 300k evis on a warrior in KoT the other day, normal situations :)Heltrskeltr18 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Keeping SnD up is it bad to execute a 5cp SnD? or should I stick with 1s and 2s? per SnD? Same with rupture yes?Kãhn2 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 What old 5man/heroics/raids can a rogue solo? Hi, I am recently getting back into the game, it's been a while... anyways, I am looking to roll a Rogue but before I do I want to know what kind of dungeons I'll be able to solo. My last main was a Hunter, and I am used to being able to solo quite a bit. Is it drastically different for a Rogue?Leifer4 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Raiding spec situation Im an assassination raider by choice and i love the rotation and play style, but lately i find myself forced to respec combat for some fights, leaving me in a bad situation since i don't respec my gear nor regem every spec change. Now in 5.2 Combats Single target damage is being put on par with Assassinations while Assassinations AOE still falls behind even what the nerfed blade flurry puts out, so i feel like im being forced back into combat, a spec i despise, just to be competitive/useful. I already have the Sha-Touched fist so finding a main hand weapons not a problem. So im left wondering, what do i do? Continue to fall behind due to staying Assassination for AOE/switching combat for single fights without the right reforges? Or switch to combat to be competitive in both single and multi target fights? despite hating it?Shariadore9 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Rogue Vs. Things Hey guys. I made this rogue not only because I love being able to peel like a badass, but because I like to have killing power and make people hate me. But how now does rogue fare in duel settings or random 1v1 encounters in wPvP? I know rogue used to be a devastating fight for even UH DKs, how about now? And... pretty much anything, I suppose. I don't want to list every class, but if there are any particular hard-counters to rogue, what are they? What should I expect to be capable of?Funker13 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Streaming HoF normal, Empress attempts Spec: Assassination ilevel 486 http://www.twitch.tv/LycabauceWisemansfear3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Question on (Horde) Race Strictly PVE speaking, does Touch of the Grave give more dps than Epicurean? I want to switch to Pandaren for aesthetic reasons, but I wont if my DPS will suffer from it.Zaidaa8 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 looking for PvP info I took a break for a while and just recently started playing again. Haven't touched any pvp yet in Mists. I don't see much info on pvp and was wondering if Sub is still the preferred spec? Also if someone could point out any pvp guides or info for mists.Unsub4 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 70 Twink Rogues Hi there, I was wondering what everyone thought was BIS current for Sub spec rogues in PvP at lvl 70? Is it full brutal or brutal/PvE, I even heard one guy tell me to go full PvE because you should be destroying them in a couple shots. Whats the consensus? Kelios14 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Looking to improve myself I'm a combat rogue, and I use either two one handed swords, slower in offhand, or a fist wep and dagger with the fist wep in the main hand. I use subterfuge My opener goes as follows: Stealth > Sap > Cheap shot > Ambush > Ambush (if I have enough energy) > And then I pop killing spree, and I think I may be screwing up there, not sure, there aren't any clear guidelines I can find on when to use KS.Kommy6 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Faction changing!! Superior race? Hey guys, buddy and I decided to faction Change and I was trying to figure out what race would be most beneficial.. I figured Goblin/troll for haste, then Orc for ap trinket and panda for well fed, any opinions?Slyblade19 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Garalon... plz help! I had my first Garalon (normal) fight the other day. I was puged into another guilds run. They asked me to go combat for that fight. I had my fist weapon in my bags so I swapped over to combat (assassination gear and reforges). IDK if its me or its just this stupid gimiky fight, but I could not get my blade flurry working on both a leg and the body. When the boss turns the legs move half way across the platform we were fighting on. I think I spent more time running to a leg that was already being DPSed down than actually hitting one. My DPS was horrid... on top of that you can not use killing spree on that boss b/c of the stomp or whatever its called. What is the best way to deal with that fight as a rogue or any melee DPS? I think... err... I know I was doing something wrong... I just don't know what. I did not cause any wipes (i know that much) we wiped b/c of new ppl in the guild run doing the kiting. Once also b/c he did not put pheromones on the person that was supposed to get them.Hebhes4 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 playing a rogue in bgs seems very clunky i mean i realize i am supposed to be a cc/burst dpser, but there so much to keep up i get confused i keep up slice and dice and i try to stun people but i run out of energy and what not. so my question is what is the priority when playing a rogue? do i have to have slice and dice up all the time? does it have to be a 5 point slice and dice? should i kidney shot before recuping or SnDingSidestab8 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Gouge? Is gouges only use cc'ing off targets? using it on your kill target seems pointless with 11 energy per second 4 second cc barely get the energy you gave if it lasts full duration..Ludacrits14 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Shadow Walk.... Anyone else find this to be next to useless? I'll give you an example that just happened now. I'm in stealth, temple BG. Obviously a DK global that hits everything manages to hit me too. Knocks me out of stealth. No problem! I pop vanish, cloak, shadow walk and book it. Only one problem. Lock dots me halfway on other side of temple, no line of sight. This with Shadow Walk up, both DK and lock out of LoS and no dots on me whatsoever. I can only assume it was the lock's pet that got me. Is there a bug with them where they still follow when you are stealthed?Hezra13 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Back from a 4 month break. Help please! Now that I have a lot more time on my hands, I've decided to come back. Anyways, at this time, which dailies/quests should I be concentrating on? Any tips/advice? It would be greatly appreciated since I forgot a few things here and there. Thanks!Moneystax5 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 is s1 gear ok to transmog <pix> ok? i have the s1 weps too. comment={-troll}Vaudville6 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Ugh. So what's wrong with my rogue? Still running sub, which, after browsing a few threads in here, doesn't seem nearly as suicidal as my experience would suggest, but I can't figure out why. I get absolutely destroyed in PVP vs. any and all classes now (prior to 5.0.x, the only thing to give me pause was mages) even if they're mid-geared 85s, and no matter what I try, there doesn't seem to be any helping that. At all. And I have absolutely no chance against any of them - these aren't even close fights, they're just total annihilations, again and again and again and again. As far as I can tell, my gear is fairly standard for an 87, I have around 200k hp, I (think I) know and use the standard rotation, but it's still hopeless, and I avoid other players even in towns because, again, I don't have anything resembling a chance against any of them. If this were just PVP, it would be regrettable, but I could get over it and just level my lock for PVP and keep the rogue as PVE, but unfortunately, I don't fare much better in that either. Again, prior to 5.0.x everything was great and I had little to no trouble holding a solid #1 or a close #2 in dungeons as sub, and I could solo quest and everything without a problem just by ambush > hemo > recupe > evisc > repeat for the most part, but when questing in MoP, or even just romping around Pandaria, most fights end up as desperate fights for my life. And if 2-3 mobs end up on me and my Vanish cd isn't ready, there's almost zero chance of survival. And some quests that are very clearly supposed to be solo adventures are just absurdly hopeless for me as well. Like the A Celestial Experience in Kun-Lai (the one where the tiger August Celestial has you face three tests, Spirit of Anger, Spirit of Hatred, etc.). The three mobs I had to kill one-on-one were all in the neighborhood of 700k-1m HP, increasing gradually with each success. I managed to totally luck out with the first one after my first failure and took him down with 4-digit HP to spare, but all an hour of trying and trying again on the 2nd mob (like 800k hp) did was teach me to navigate from the graveyard to the temple with my eyes closed. I eventually got credit because someone else came along to do the quest on their own and ended up killing my spirit along with theirs, and the same thing happened with the third (900someK hp), and just... I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I keep s&d up at all times, I open with ambush + garrote, I have all my glyphs in order, I've got crippling poison (is that the name for the talent point one? that one) up at all times, and my combat itself consists of just spamming hemo while keeping rupture and snd up and occasionally pulling off an evisc when I have the combo points to spare. I know I'm not supposed to, but I also throw recuperate up when I can, because that's the only thing that keeps me from dying a whole lot of the time in situations like that quest, and still no luck. I tried a bunch of different variations as well - tossing some Kidney Shots, armor breaks, smoke bombs, etc. in there - with just as little success. So would someone please be so kind as to explain to me in incredibly simple and descriptive terms how I'm supposed to play a sub rogue in MoP? Prior to the patch, I rarely WANTED to switch toons because I genuinely enjoyed my rogue and while it was challenging at times, it was very rarely downright impossible to do much of anything within reason. Now, I dread playing her, because like I said PVP is an exercise in overriding basic survival instincts, and PVE is little better and it's just no fun at all anymore. Sorry for the long, probably very stupid post - I just miss enjoying my rogue, and I'd like to get the fun back.Zewe12 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Rogues any good for BG's? Long story short, I want to level my rogue for PvP but I don't know if they're any good for BG's in MoP. I've heard they're EXTREMELY squishy now days. Realistically, are Rogues any good for BG's now days?Zarothea15 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Pulled out of stealth? Hi there, I've only recently joined WoW again and updated to MoP - I've noticed I keep randomly getting pulled out of stealth, no damage, DoT's, HoT's or anything on me and my character randomly phases back to normal. This is highly frustrating because it generally happens when I'm trying to sneak up on an enemy or NPC. Anyone else noticed this?Rainclouds5 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Glyph of kick Kick now knocks back targets 10 yards. Dis iz Sparta. ur welcomSwineflew8 Feb 21, 2013