Rogue

Feb 27, 2013 Rogue feels weak I've been taking a few different toons thru the Pandarian levels and I've just noticed that the rogue seems to have the toughest time of them. Which is odd because pre-pandara my rogue had such an easy time going thru the levels. But after they made all those changes it just feels like he hit a wall. Not that its hard but with 3 toons going thru 85-90, the other classes are definately going thru them much easier.Nevo15 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 What should be my main focus? With the season basically at it's end I've been stockpiling on the justice points as well as the honor points . However I am stuck deciding between upgrading my weapons or buying more Mal pieces that I may or may not need . Should I upgrade my daggers before the season ends or just acquire more gear?Shivalry3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 spec opinpon Hey guys, I just started playing again and was wondering wat spec is best for dunegon/ raids and wat is the rotation Second wat spec would be best to lvl up in atm sfter patch 5.2Deäthwish3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Noob Qs: Does Envenom get buffed by mastery? Does envenom get buffed from mastery? So if i stacked mastery as mutilate spec, would my envenoms hit harder?Sogra5 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Assassination in PvP Help I've played Sub PVP since the beginning of the last expansion and I've always enjoyed it. I've noticed an influx of people playing PVP as Assassination now, and I've noticed a significantly higher damage output from them. Is Assassination viable in PVP (bg's and arena)? I've used it as a PVE spec for a while now, but just don't see enough control available with it. If it is viable, can someone give me a minor guide on how to play it? I'd like to try it sometime.Ralfie8 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Combat weapon choices I current have 2 of the gar'kal fist wepons 289 and 2 of the lfr 283 claws of sheer'keer. Wondering which weapons would be best to use? Have coin to buy the extra 500 agility gem for the second sha weapon, plus the princes prismatic socket.Guzzle2 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Reforges pvp Hey guys im using shadowcraft to reforge my pve gear and this weekend bought my first pvp pieces and now need reforge it, i can use shadowcraft for pvp? or exist other tool better for pvp gear. Thanks. PS: sorry my english is not my languaje.Springsteen4 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 racials for pvp and pve thoughts these days whats seems to be the rank of races on pvp and pve now, been troll for a while last few expac and leveling up again for this season areas and some pve aswell, been playing priest for a while now, thoughts from the rogue community would be niceCaveslash5 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Gearing for 5.2 So I just hit 90 a couple weeks ago (3rd 90 toon) and was wondering what I should do as far as gearing and getting ready for 5.2 release. Most importantly I was wondering about obtaining daggers so I am competitive right when it releases to push for high rating. Also, it worth it to get Dreadful pieces and at lease gem them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!Swaggerqt2 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Some PTR Arena Using Cloak and Dagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93CdU29fjuk Cloak and dagger is actually very versatile in arena, when you dance you can have some insane peels/cc between garrote and cheap shot.Glinklegend0 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Good addon for tracking buffs and debuffs When I play my rogue I have trouble keeping track of slice and dice and rupture. If it matters I just pvp on my rogue. I had a similar problem on my feral in wrath until I found about badkitty. Is there a rogue addon like badkitty I could use?Stealthrage7 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 I Want to HEAL ;D so I'm fairly new to rogue, but from my experience playing feral druids and hunters... would it be a bad thought as to ponder the possibility if our "Heals" from Recuperate and leeching poison/shiv could Crit? I know heals from chimera shot and other hunters instant heals can crit, so would it be too OP for rogue heals to crit as well? :PSoulstep9 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 To much hit, help? Hey guys, last night i got Legguards of Failing Purification to drop and sense then no matter how I reforge I end up around 8.5% hit in my raid set. I'm not sure what kind of effect this has on a combat rogue so my question is: Should I switch to a worse (non improved.) weapon Crescent of Ichor (To try to loose some hit) or stick it out with my current weapons: X2 improved Ner'onok's Razor Katar's ? Any help would be appreciated.Ghostmourn9 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Need help with pooling Energy I'm asking this as PVE Assassination spec, btw. I've heard about pooling Energy but I guess I just don't understand the point. What I've heard is that you want to pool your energy before letting off a 5 point Envenom. Now, I'm familiar with this strategy with other abilities (CS on my fury warrior), but how does this improve things when the Envenom buff just increases poison chance by +15%? Is it because Mutilate hits with BOTH weapons, meaning doubling the chance to poison? So the idea would be to fit as many Muts in that 6 second window as possible? Was I fed the wrong information? Or am I just that dense? (Don't answer that :P) Thanks for es-plaining, homies. <3Tradecraft4 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Glyphs for Sub pvp What glyphs should i get for going sub in pvp?Natiyi11 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Pvp help regarding shadow dance and more As the title says Im in some dire need of help with shadow dance and rotations, To start off how do you guys setup your bars for Shadow dance? Mine automatically replaces my stealth bar which is fine until I reach 5 Combo points and need to use a finisher or kick.. Id really love not to have to change to many keybinds but my only idea at this point would be to have another 12 key binds to remember... The second question is a bit more general, but as a Sub rogue how do you usually go about opening on certain classes, mages, priests, warriors etc.. If anyone would be so kind as to give some advice in that aspect id appreciate it as well Thanks in advanceBloodcygnus6 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Vitality (combat) 5.2 I just read the patch notes from February 25 and noticed that the new change on Vitality (combat) is not there ... Will be 30% or 35%? The current value is 25%, I know, but I'm confused on what change will go live, or to 30% to 35% ... thanks guysDiseased5 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 GC on Rogue's Originally Posted by Greg Street Twitter My pet theory is rogue pop started to drop as soon as gank -> guaranteed kill became less likely. There was a fairly decent thread in response to this on MMO-Champ, but since that's not the Blizzard forums, the responses quite likely aren't being read. So I thought I'd post two of the ones I thought were fairly good responses to GC's "pet theory". First, let me just say the thread wasn't just entirely people saying he's completely wrong, several admit that this likely did play a part but no where nearly as significantly as GC's statement paints. "If you look at vanilla->burning crusade era... Melee dps choices were warrior, rogue, badhancement, loltribution, feral druid. Now I never saw a feral dps druid in those days, and badhancement/loltribution were pretty weak. Needless to say your options for melee dps were pretty limited and there were tons of rogues. Now? Warrior, rogue, enhancement, retribution, feral cat, Deathknight, Windwalker monk. Of those, 5 have tank trees... 4 have healer trees... 2 have ranged trees. My guess is the singular role of the rogue is what killed people playing them, I know it was the case with me." and "Nah. Maybe it happened when body pulling more than one mob whilst levelling became a dangerous when your CDs are down. Maybe it happened when you spend half of your combat time standing there doing nothing Maybe it happened when specs stopped feeling like specs and started feeling like what cooldowns do I want? Maybe it happened when every other class got some form of animation or visual that was distinctive or "cool". Maybe it happened when QoL issues stopped being listened to. Maybe it happened when 60-70% of our damage became passive. Seriously. Maybe it happened when everything desirable a rogue offers, another class does as well, but with added bells and whistles to boot." I tend to agree in the thought that most of these things would contribute much more significantly to the problems have than simply not being able to 100-0 someone in a CS->KS anymore. Was it fun? Sometimes yeah it was, but it's not like we were the only class that could/still can (hell I got 100-0'd by a warrior the other day in a change->shockwave where shockwave which is kind of an equiv to KS did 54k to me with full dreadful/malev gear with 40-50k MS's, 40k Smash, 45k Slam. Something that's been addressed by GC before as "taking the risk of popping all their CD's at once" or some such but that's only ok for warrior apparently). I think it's pretty short sighted of GC to say this is what he thinks the problem is, especially since that problem as he puts it makes it a problem with the playerbase who want to be rogues and not with the design of rogues themselves, basically trying to absolve Blizzard of any fault.Geodory12 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 as assassination with anticipation, is it better to always stack CPs to 5, or only when at sub 35%. also, when using ShB, is it not a dps loss to overwrite the envenom buff? I find my CP generation to be really high and I have 5 CPs up while I still have 3-4 secs left on my envenom buff. thx in advanceRosenkrantz2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 2.99% hit Just done some reforging, hit this number... am i going to feel this?Heltrskeltr4 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Rogue PVP video My second pvp video after 6 years. Still learning, and i'll be doing some subtitles as soon as possible so you all can understand what we saying. Hope you guys like it and i'm open for advices. PS: i'll be doing more WoW related and other games videos . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKP64POgCqMAcolyte2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 5.2....a nerf, not a buff What's the big deal with everyone saying rogue's are going to be God-Like in 5.2? I made a scale and it's barley tipping in favor that rogues are being buffed. I don't see any significant damage increases that rogues desperately need. I've been playing since s2 and I've never had to sit out an entire season because my class has been so broken, until now at 90. NERFS -Prep no longer refreshes Cloak of Shadows -Blind now has a cooldown of 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes). -Burst of Speed now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy),...no longer breaks root effects. (that's the only reason I liked it, and besides, every rogue is going choose have cloak and dagger) -Nerve Strike now reduces the effectiveness by 10% (was from 25%). -Shadow Focus now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%). Buffs -Prep is now baseline -New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger (cool, but now I can't shadowstep kick heals) -Cloak of Shadows now has a cooldown of 1 minute (was 2 minutes). -Shuriken Toss now causes the Rogue to throw ranged shurikens coated in Lethal Poison -Vigor is now the 4-piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 30 (was 10). -Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%). Nobody Cares -Versatility has been removed. (ok, nobody liked it anyway) -New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death (neat, but I need shuriken toss) -Smoke Bomb now reduces damage taken by allies in the area of effect by 20%, in addition to current effects.Flexi32 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Lord of the Shadows, Keorics...IM BACK! Sorry, it's been so long since I've ventured into these lands. I've been busy defending Azeroth on the front lines. Now that 5.2 is just about to hit. I, Keorics will once again reclaim my title as Lord of the Shadows, King of Thieves and Bandits, Grand Master Sensei ROuGe Keorics. Just like I've claimed it these last two tiers. *Evil Laugh*Keorics26 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Rogues want some more flavor. Firstly, I'm a long time player of the class. I've played through all the expansions and most patches and have the game time to prove it. There are some really radical changes suggested here, and are more than just a patch could handle. I know there's a lot to read and most will likely ignore this post completely or comment on one specific potential flaw to the design, Keep in mind numbers can be tweaked and the overall message of the post is a brainstorm of ideas to differentiate and improve our specializations so it doesn't feel like they're all the same. General Changes -Rework [Stealth] - Allow it to be used in combat, Give it a 20 second cooldown and refresh on an honorable kill or experience kill. -Make the specializations feel special (make finishing moves and combo generators exclusive) -Lets face it, combo points need to generate on the Rogue. -Better animations, most of our attacks look almost identical, Mutilate and Hemo excluded we'd like some shock and awe like most other classes. Assassination Just as the title of the specialization suggests, I believe this specialization should be centered around big numbers. Daggers should be the weapon of choice but other options should be viable. Generating combo points should be slow and worth more to this spec. Making the finisher hit hard and feel worth the wait. -Mastery - Increase the damage of combo point generators ([Mutilate] and [Ambush]) and [Dispatch] significantly. -Main attacks and Rotation [Ambush] - Should be the go to damage from Stealth, should do formidable damage and apply a debuff -- [Incite Panic] (1 combo point) -->[Incite Panic] - Slows Movement speed, Attack speed, and Increases damage taken to the target by the Rogue by (x%). [Mutilate] - Main combo point generator after you've exposed yourself, Attack with both weapons 50 energy, (1 combo point.) [Dispatch] - Reworked into a finishing move that replaces Eviscerate, Does significant damage, and additional damage if the enemy is below 25%. - Cooldowns and Passives Auto attacks have a (%) chance to allow Ambush without stealth. Raid wide increased crit (5%) Attacks made from [Stealth] cause [Incite Panic] [Vendetta] - Leave as is, Possible graphic animation. [Shadow Dance] - Replaces [Shadow Blades] and combines the two. [Premeditation] - grants just one combo point. -AoE [Fan of Knives] - 60 Energy, 1 Combo point, Deals (X) damage to all targets in 15 yards divided evenly for about as much as [Ambush] would do. (also id like to see the animation used by the Warden in WC3) Combat With this specialization i know several players that would plea for a tanking spec, I personally don't see that happening, though it would be interesting. I think my approach is more plausable. [Stealth] shouldn't play a major role here, This guy is a brawler and he'll stand toe to toe with anyone that gets in his face. Combo points flow quickly -Mastery - This should focus on fast attacks, Increasing Slice and Dice speed, and/or give a chance for a free attack mimicking Sinister Strike, and/or Revealing Strike. -Main attacks and Rotation [Sinister Strike] - leave as is. [Revealing Strike] - leave as is [Slice and Dice] - Go to finishing move, lasts 30 seconds at 5 points, increases attack speed by (x% + mastery at level 80) [Eviscerate] - Shouldn't hit that hard, used for a little extra damage when combo points are flowing quickly. [Expose Armor]- Leave as is. [Clash of Steel] - Finishing Move that increases parry by some amount Lasts 30 seconds at 5 combo points. - Cooldowns and Passives Raid wide increased attack speed (10%) [Adrenaline Rush] [Killing Spree] [Slice and Dice] [Bandits Guile] - Rework to ramp up rather than fluctuate, Eviscerate grants (+x% damage) stacks 5 times. lasts 30 seconds. -AoE [Blade Flurry] - [Sinister Strike], [Revealing Strike], and [Eviscerate] deal damage to up to 4 additional targets divided evenly amongst them. (Slows energy regeneration by 10%) Subtlety This is the spec that should be dealing with poisons and bleeds -- slowly melt away your opponents without them noticing, well not too slowly. -Mastery - Increase the effectiveness of Bleeds and Poisons by (x%) -Main attacks and Rotation [Garrote] should be your opener [Hemorrhage] (Subtlety Only, Replaces Sinister Strike)- Leave as is. [Envenom] (Subtlety Only, Replaces Eviscerate) - Leave as is. [Rupture] (Subtlety Only) - Damage ticks grant Energy, and causes [Venomous Wounds] [Venomous Wounds] (Subtlety Only) - Bleed ticks have a (% chance to cause additional poison damage and grant a minor energy gain) -Cooldowns and Passives [Exsanguination] - Finishing Move Usable when target is below 35%, 90 sec cooldown, Bleeds and Poison deal 50% more damage for 20 seconds. [Master Poisoner] - 5% increased spell damage for the raid. [Abundant Poisons] - Allows the use of 3 poisons. (2 leathal, 1 non) or (1 lethal, 2 non) -AoE [Poisonous Gas] - Applies 1 stack of Deadly Poison to all targets in 15 Yrds, 20 Energy, Generates 1 Combo Point. [Crimson Tempest] - Applies Rupture to all targets in 15 Yrds, 50 Energy (Finishing Move only usable at 5 points) If you've gotten here you've taken the time to read the post or you've skipped to the bottom and missed the point completely. Whatever, feel free to post comments and suggestions on how you would change rogues below.Apollunaris32 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Best PvP Spec (5.1)? I just resubscribed today and while I know rogue's aren't necessarily in a good place right now, it's just the class for me. To be honest, I normally copy my spec/gems/enchants from the top players on ArenaJunkies but it seems that their ranking board is bugged. Is there a similar site I can use for this sort of information in the future or, if not, can someone here tell me what the optimal spec is for a rogue in 5.1 and will that change in 5.2? I know we're getting a buff in 5.2 but since I'm behind, I'm not sure if that'll completely change the current play-style. Thank you in advance for any and all help.Saekal16 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Macro help Hello my fellow Rogues I am in dire need of some assistance with macros, I am trying to make a macro so that when im in Shadow Cast I will cast eviscerate and when im in my normal stealth modes (Slip and stealth) that same macro will only use cheap shot, My reasons behind this is that I have a crappy kb and mouse so i do not have to many buttons available to me, I also no longer have my index finger on my left which limits a lot of key binding. Any help would be much appreciated.Bloodcygnus2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Aedrik and Tanto's All Rogue BG's 5.2!! Hey guys and gals here we go again! Like the title says we will once again be putting together some all Rogue BG ques here in the near future shortly after the 5.2 patch release. This go around as I am horde I will be leading a team on this end and if we get enough interest I think we can get Tanto and some alliance Rogues to face off against! My plan is to have a team for each faction and que match so we can face off Rogue v. Rogue for some good 'ol fashioned stealthy carnage. I will be putting a site together for live streams and sign ups will most likely continue on openraid.us. What I need to see from you guys is the level of interest you have in battling it out Alliance v. Horde, Rogue v. Rogue with the others here on the forum. Ideas on game types, days and times, and just general participation will go a long way. Anything you would like to see from this let me know.Aedrik14 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 What comps are you running in 5.2? RMP is back, baby. Doesn't mean I won't play around with heroic RLS on my alt.Stab6 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Best Spec for PVP in 5.2? any help is appreciated?Lacist5 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Assassination buff....enough? So they are buffing the damage of Dispatch and Envenom (15% and 20% respectively) for Assassination rogues. Does anyone think this will be enough of a boost to make Assassination a competitive pvp spec again (meaning can compete with Sub)? I have not played Assassination in pvp since vanilla Seal Fate build and would like to try it again.Sevetar5 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Please dont heal me, Im not worth it Just finished a random bg, and i Feel quite disappointed. One healer was trying as hard as he can to keep me alive while himself was getting focus by 2 players. But I failed him i vanished!!! And other two players killed him. im so ashamed of myself. I shouldn't vanish and leave healer all alone there. Sorry my friend i cant save you :*( please dont heal me , im not worthy of your mana.Bigdream15 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Combat spec too much maintenance? =| First of all, let me say that I've been playing Combat on my rogue since vanilla, never waivering once... However, as of this expansion, I've actually thought about Assassination a great deal specifically because of how much maintenance is going on with any given fight while Combat right now... Does anyone else get the feeling that the spec has become way too maintenancey feeling? Some examples of how we have more upkeep and maintenance during a fight than we EVER did before: --- Last expansion, the 20% chance for Sinister Strike to generate an extra combo point was glyphed. Never had to worry about it. ... Now, it's Revealing Strike we have to keep up. --- Last expansion, Revealing Strike was just a debuff that lasted for a bit. You'd get 4 CPs, then use it to gain the 5th, and blam-o!, your next Eviscerate did 35% more damage. --- Last expansion, it was calculated that Rupture was actually a DPS-loss to use, as Combat, after a certain point. So we never had to maintain it. ... Now, we do. On top of Insight levels, Blade Flurry being on or off, and our personal cooldowns being so low due to Restless Blades... I feel that Combat is soooo much more maintenance than it's ever been, to the point that I almost don't want to play it anymore. Maybe I'm whining. Maybe I'm wrong here. But like I said... I've never NOT wanted to play Combat until now. It feels that all I'm doing is keeping up this, making sure that doesn't fall off, etc. Anyone else feel the same way? Especially when compared to Assassination spec, for example? SnD is auto-kept up, then they just Rupture... and watch for Dispatch procs. What? No Insight levels. No Revealing Strike-upkeep mechanic. No Blade Flurry-equal. Less cooldowns to manage, and less often. =\ . TL;DR: I think Combat is too much maintenance now compared to previous expansions/playstyles/specs. Should we get SOMETHING built in again, or taken away so we don't have to worry about it?Vithran10 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Saddened by the current status of Rogues I am actually sad. I feel sad whenever I look at my rogue. Why? It's not fun anymore. Energy regen is far too low. In Cata and Wrath Assass, and Combat were very fluid. But now when I play either spec I just find myself getting annoyed by the horrible amount of time in between each attack. This has resulted in changing my main to my Monk. My monk is very fluid, very fun, hard hitting, and just all around awesome. I used to have this feeling when playing Assass in Cata, or Combat in Wrath. Don't get me wrong, I love my monk, and I will continue to play it, but I would still prefer to main on my Rogue, but I just can't. GC said something along the lines of "increasing energy regen would make energy pointless". It was fine in the previous expansions, why now do we need to wait 2 seconds to use a sinister strike? I am just sad that I can no longer play my rogue without getting very annoyed every time I enter combat. I feel like if I pull more than 2-3 mobs I'm going to die unless I use every CD I have. By the time I'm done with an LFR run I feel like never playing my rogue again. After all I have done in the past 8 years on my rogue, and all the fun I had while doing it, I am sad that it has changed so much in this expansion. :(Zilas7 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 weapons question question on what weapons to use in pvp. any help would be appreciated. LFR spiritsever 2x upgraded = 491 + 470 malevolent dagger EDIT: my spiritsever has the 500 agi and the 160 agi gems in it. or 2x 470 malevolent daggers thanks in advanceMakeshift2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Reforger tool I just got back into WoW after a 4 month break.. I'm wondering if anybody knows the name of the reforger tool that ran in command prompt.. Anybody know the name of it? And is it up to date? Thanks!Moneystax2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Combat pvp Alrighty so I plan to mostly play pvp, 2v2,3v3,bgs at 90 and im trying to pick a spec right now to get better at and practice. For the most part i really like combat, the playstyle and transmogs(because daggers are dumb) but I know thats its kind of bottom SPECtrum (:D Ba-dun-tish!) but my question is, how much at a disadvantage will i be because of it? Will certain fights be easier or will i just be worse off in all cases?Redon16 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 How to [ninja from]/[kill] a BM Hunter? Hello everyone! I'm having a lot of trouble trying to ninja flags and/or kill BM hunters in RBGs. Any tips? Any way to make my life easier vs them? Thanks!Macalpine4 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 rogue tier 15 4pc i am an assassination rogue, and when i use shadowblades right now im already close to energy capped or overwriting my envenom, especially with bloodlust. now reducing the cost of abilities by 40%, rogues will certainly either be energy capped or overwriting envenom. im not familiar with the other specs, so i dont know if it presents a problem for them. but for assassination, its almost not even an upgrade to an ability.Makeshift4 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Rogue Pvp What is the best spec/talents for rogue pvp builds? I have never played one and have been away from the game since cata, was wondering where they are standing? Thinkin of rolling a rogue or cat druidFeronn7 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Did we have it coming? Lets be fair here,Rogues were pretty OP way back when and up to including Cata,now I'm not saying that were broken,or dead and etc.I just think its just one of the patch's where they really didn't pay much attention to the Rogue yet is all.So how are you all doing in PvP and in your duels,and please...No ranting about how nerfed we are...Sanguinism11 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 who was using the thistle tea? I come here to ask to all the rogue in this forum, who play the rogue in this game for long time ago. Do you use the thistle tea in you game? because I was the only in my server i was using that. right now in mop the effect of this tea have no effect right now.Revins14 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 An Unadressed Rogue QOL Issue. A Fury Warrior can drop one of their 2-handers and go arms. A Mage can do any spec with any weapon. A Hunter can shoot a crossbow just effectively as Marksmanship as they can as Beasmaster. There isn't a Warlock spec that only works with staves or daggers. A Death Knight's 2-hander works for Frost and Unholy. Why is it a Rogue has to have an entirely seperate set of weapons for one spec that performs the same role? Take a stance. Double daggers for combat, or slow weapons for Sub and Assassination. Preferably the latter. The tuning can be handled (See: Titan's Grip versus Single Minded Fury passive buffs)Viridian7 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Sub vs Assas for PvP in 5.2 I haven't played my rogue all of this expansion however with the 5.2 changes, I may consider it but I am having a hard time deciding between the two specs. I play assassination very well however will sub still be more viable? The reason I am asking this is because of the envenom & dispatch buff we are receiving.Slý9 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Level 75 talents Is there a specific talent that outshines the rest? Paralytic is super cool when it procs but seems like it doesnt proc that often. Dirty tricks seems really good because you dont have to glyph blind. Prey on the weak also seems good for offensive cc on a kill target, but then again, when i am using all my cc's on my rogue, i use them mostly for the nonkill target. Im so confuseddddMordoshankz7 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Rogues are a joke? :( Why are Rogues such a joke? They're not even that good when played exceptionally. I can beat any fantastic Rogue playing mediocre on my DK or Warrior.Lovelf4 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Things that make you cringe as a rogue I'll start: When I see a Death Knight channeling Army of the Dead at the start of a boss fight in dungeons. (I play Subtlety)Dansu48 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Subtlety PVE in 5.2 What do you guys think of sub in pve for 5.2? Will the 4% SV change let us keep up with our other specs? What about the thunder king bosses, do they have dumb mechanics that keep us from doing good? (Haven't checked out the bosses on the ptr yet) Also, what order do you guys prefer for chaining cooldowns? I currently do (Opening -> Shadow Dance -> Shadow Blades -> Vanish -> Vanish -> Shadow Dance), not sure if that is the most optimal way of keeping up Find Weakness, how about you guys? I wish Eviscerate would refresh Rupture again, keeping up 3 finishers and making the most out of Find Weakness is somewhat annoying. t.tDansu7 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 I haven't seen a single Ming post lately Makes me sadSechul5 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Interesting things Once upon a time... I stumbled across arenas and was curious, "Hey, could cheat death really help out my survival?". Nope; got killed right through it like it didn't even do a thing. One day, I decided, "Damn burst a speed with really screw with mages burst! and hunters root? HA, I got them now!! But it was all too good to be true, by the time I got to them, I didnt have the energy to go on, and my poor sad rogue collapsed. So as I realized the set talents of the tree, I began to climb the ladder of arenas and climbing to I do. I got up to around 2100 mmr to get farmed down by some good old fashion KFC's. They best part was, they all had T2! What excited me was to look them up and figure out that it was all in RBG's! Hmm... So alas! The solution came... Why play live when I can have a fair shot at the PTR! Interesting things.Shizz0 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Vendetta Hey there first time posting anything but I want to get other rogues / gms opinion about vendetta for assassination. I am curious to what others think of how this is a single target dps cool down functions. Not to say that 30% damage increase isn't sufficient but it falls into the easy to counter ability since you can bubble / ice block the whole duration away. (And if i am not mistaken cloak it off) So to get to the point of this i was wondering if this could be made like wings effect and increase our damage base line and make the faerie fire part disspellable.Tíla4 Feb 25, 2013