Rogue

Nov 15, 2012 the real problem The problem with our class atm is the developers unwillingness to do there jobs they get paid for. example "Movement should be terrible for a ranged spec. Full stop." Can you justify the hunter changes in light of that? Definitely worried that moving will be too good for hunters, but it was better than Aspect twisting. in the words of a blue we know this will only make the problem worse but hey atleast we dont have to program anything. meanwhile vanish hasnt worked for what 7 years now. gotta love the logic. good thing we get more auto attack dmg next patch thatll sure help. /sarcasm over in seriousness our class is a joke, such a joke the devs are playing with us like we were an aprils fools joke on their webpage. they think its funny and could care less. i just dont get it and for those of you who say life isnt fair, thats true lifes not fair videogames should be this isnt life.Zackryder2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 5.0.5 New Rogue PvP Guide Reroll BM Hunter.Ayer7 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Rogue pvp guidelines Need general advice on rogues in pvp. I read haste is best secondary and crit the worst. But I armory people and they going for crit or mastery. So what is the best way to go?Stealthrage6 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Rogue S12 gear. WHY AM I WEARING FISHBONES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHPshero7 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 why is my dps so awful Can anyone check out my armory? I am a baddy, am I suppose to be using a slow main hand and off hand as combat? I can't pull more then 60 k on most raid fights and other classes similarily geared seem to be pulling 100 k. WHAT DO!Naniwa14 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 ERMAGHERD part 3 Rogue (Forums, Talent Calculator) Blind now has a 1 min cooldown, down from 3 min. Sprint now has a 45 sec cooldown, down from 60 sec. Wound Poison damage increased by 33%. Taken from mmo-champion dot com/content/2980-Patch-5-1-PTR-Build-16173 Trolling us or they finally decided to leave Sprint 45 sec and blind 1 min? I'm excited for wound. At the moment its useless.Packofcrows4 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Daggers I currently have Gloaming blade and Amberslicer of Klaxxi'ness equipped. I just scored RF Dagger of the seven stars. I have done a few trials on the raid dummies at Shrine of the seven stars and can't get conclusive data on the best combo. I think that MH DoSS and OH GB is the best, but Mr Robot seems to suggest MH GB and OH DoSS is the best, closely followed by MH DoSS and OH ASoK I am a sub rogue. Any comments on the best setup?Devonia6 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Weapon Speed I am having some trouble maintaining my DPS especially in comparison with other rogues my ilvl. just trying to tick off as many boxes as possible and just want to know as combat does the speed of weapons have any bearing on dps at all this Xpac or can i have 2 slow weapons or 1 slow MH and fast OH with no dps loss? I have read on a number of sites that weapon speed does not matter but just want some clarity. Any other advice would be appreciated. CheersJuggliest2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Pretty fed up... Even thought I am not fully geared yet the damage I am doing is quite literally pathetic. Worse than I have ever seen it. I'm thinking of either leveling a new rogue to play in the 70 bracket and just staying in the 70 bracket. May even give the 60's a try.Pitcher10 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Why did you nerf rogues blizz WTF blizz. pally, gets aoe blind warrior- double charge dk-remorseless winter. rogue-loses preparation. Or has to trade it for shadowstep. Poor judgement blizzard. burst of speed is junk no one wants it. 60 energy for an escape?(or 50 energy for 5.1, it wont matter its still garbage.) why are the movement cds detrimental to dps. Every other class gets a buff for closing to melee rogue has no bonus from shadowstep anymore. Double shadowstep or give us preparation back. Something...Ballmung12 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 I feel so sorry for you guys. In cata i hated rogues i could do nothing against them they were my bane. When Pre MoP launched i was so happy i could actually beat rogues in duels. If i knew Sdance was up ''np" -Blood Fear- Then use Unending Resolve --> Chaos Bolt and laugh as they would run around me trying to mess up my cast. I knew CoS was on a 3min cd so i would fear again and slow constantly and they would almost never touch me. I got a few responses from them saying "We are nerfed" etc , etc. At first i thought they were all just bads covering up their loss with escuses so i rolled a Undead Rogue to see for myself he is now 87 and let me tell you it is A LIVING HELL i just saw Swifty's video on 2's with Mercader some of you probally think that mercader is bad and that he is just a "Duelist" but a 1v1 with a Druid is virtually a duel. The fact that the Restoration Druid A HEALING SPEC can do more damage than a rogue a PURE DPS SPEC is horrific and Blizzard should be ashamed. I truly feel sorry for you guys and the fact that the recent Patch Notes have not even shown a glimpse of anything you guys want is terrible (Been watching your forums lately). You guys need a buff and i truly believe that. -Tøshiro P.S Swifty's video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nncOKX0y5lo&feature=g-high-uTøshiro28 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Difficulty finding a group as a rogue anyone else having an issue finding a group for anything involving pvp as a rogue. i dont have much experience with pvp and that makes it even worse, anyone have any suggestions on how i can get into a group and start playing? =3 thanks ^_^Rhandas6 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Which talent to choose from? So level 45 I get two new talents to take from. I want to know your take on the matter my fellow rogues. Should I go with Cheat Death~ This talent seems like it would be very good for BG's which I might add I do a lot of. Then we have Elusiveness. This talent seems like it would be nice in a hard fought battle. However the only down side to this talent is that you are spamming feint 24/7. This talent also seems more like a arena talent rather than a BG talent tho I could see how it would be a BG talent. Thoughts? Feed back? Thanks ahead!Yurko2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Idea for Rogue change I read alot of QQ about rogues lately. I use to play one way back in BC as a rogue and they were really good, but here is my thoughts on a few changes for MoP, based on what ive read. It appears that in PvE rogues are relatively good, but in PvP not so much, the fix? Lower rogues passive(white) dmg, and give each move (SS,Mutilate etc) a higher % to crit. It just seems to make more sense for rogues to have a higher crit chance, thats just me though. Another idea is to get rid of prep and burst of speed(who uses that?),baseline shadowstep, and change that tier with 3 moves that benefit shadowstep, like increase next move by % dmg(favours sub) and so on. These are just some ideas, tell me what you think.Akigar3 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Which trinket to replace with LFR trinket? Just picked up Bottle of Infinite Stars, but I'm sadly oblivious on which trinket I should replace. I generally use Mr.Robot to help min-max, but I'm not entirely sure which trinket to get rid of. Searing Words Windswept Pages these are the trinkets possibly being replaced.Allegiance9 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 general pvp question So if I go for the hard exp cap with it negating parry, will I not be parried if a warrior pops Die by the sword, or dodged if another rogue pop evasion? I have actually never thought of this so seems like a very noob question with the amount of time I have played this game :PSyrac1 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Made a subtlety video. I made a video for fun, figured I'd share it just for kicks. Sub has some good burst shown in this video, take a look if you want. Keep in mind this is the first video I've ever made/edited lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqUMHeZe_E&feature=plcpSellethan14 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 pvp at 90 Hey... I raped faces as a sub rogue in cata. I switched to warrior so I could tank RBGs for my guild, which happened to be a great stroke of luck. At 90 it seems like I can stomp the !@#$ out of rogues no problem, and everyone says rogues are bad. Well, I started levelling my rogue again through bgs and while I don't have the same survivability, I sure as hell can destroy people left and right. Does something change at 90 or does rogue simply have a higher skill cap?Lizardrat4 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Changing Race I do not like this human and am thinking about changing to female gnome or make dwarf. With that being said what are some decent names?Tiarina24 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Something that might assist Arena survival So the general consensus among everyone about our PvP problems (and even other classes have noted) is our survivability and mobility. We have been begging since the end of BC for shadowstep to be baseline, and at this point I really dont see that happening. So we can assume our mobility after 5.1 is about as good as its going to get. I had a simple (and probably already mentioned/suggested) solution to help aid, not fix, our PvP survival. I have seen several posts stating that the 3 minute cooldown on Vanish should absolutely be reduced (among many other Def CDs) to help survivability. My suggestion is to leave Vanish's 3 minute cooldown as it is, but add charges to it, much like the warrior talent for Charge (but baseline for us). I think 2 charges of Vanish would be sufficient without being OP. If someone did pick up Preparation over Shadowstep, then Prep would just refresh one charge (if both are on CD then it would refresh the 1st charge used). If your thinking "The option of having three Vanishs would make Shadowstep not viable." Then perhaps vanish could apply a debuf like Forbearance, but instead of restricting the use of Vanish all together, let it apply a DPS debuff (or something) if it reaches 3 stacks. So that 3rd vanish has a price. I dont participate in the forums enough to know if the charge idea is a new suggestion or not, but I thought it would not hurt throwing it out there. Please give constructive feedback. I just want whats best for us as Rogues and the game as a whole.Vhiessu6 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 PvP outlook My old account got hacked and i lost everyting and loved my old rogue so i started a new rogue with full heirlooms and im loving it up to lvl 25 but i know the further up i get the more its gonna start to 'even' out. My question is do rogues still have the control they're so hated/loved for in PvP that I remember? I know your damage is little on wet noodle side but that will eventually get fixed, and not a concern. Wat is a make or brake is whether or not i can control the fight like i use to be able to.Moorific2 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 i tried something weird i tried combat daggers and have being doing ok idk if this is viable or jnot try it and report back thanks! :PHarcus8 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Subtley Mastery? It says it increases the effect of our Finishers and Slice n Dice by 24% (+Mastery amount) For Evicserate and Rupture this is pretty obvious, it increases the damage, possibly the length of time on Rupture as well? What about our other finishers? What exactly is increased. Slice n Dice? Just the attack speed and duration? Energy Regen portion seems un-affected by Mastery Recuperate? More health back per tick? Less time between ticks? Lasts Longer? Kidney Shot? Lasts longer per combo point? Cheers APsApsalarr12 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Favorite Rogue Moments in MoP: Part 1 Ok brogues... I know things are tough right now, but lets all shadowstep behind the pessimistic views and use that short sprint to get away from the negative and focus on the few things that HAVE been fun so far in MoP. Specific moments, abilities, fights, encounters, dailies, grinding, outfits, weapons, etc. I'll start. Battle for Gilneas, I'm sneaking around two fellow warriors at the WaterWorks. I go behind one of the houses and notice a horde shaman on his way to us, trying be sneaky, sneaky. ... So I run back and Shroud the two warriors before they come in line of sight of the shaman. The warriors instantly know what's about to go down. We let the shaman run right up to the flag and start capping.. Two charges, a shadowstep garrote into killingspree and the shaman is down MAYBE 2 seconds into the charge stuns. It was great. The shaman runs up to what looks like an open flag... and instead of maybe a rogue or a druid... he gets a double warrior charge from 8 yards away who were concealed with our new ability. I love the shroud! It makes for some really special moments with friends. Okay, happy Sunday, folks. Hope to read some more fun stories.Revaks28 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Gemming For Power vs Agil? I was browsing noxxic, and it told me that pvp power has priority over agility after hitting the cap. I'm not sure how much the difference in priority is, but I was wondering if I should completely forgo red agil gems and switch them to purple power/agil gems, or just straight pvp power with everything. Also, if I'm gemming completely wrong, please tell me.Karmasangel2 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Remember this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nIv31bT-N8 Still makes me chuckle a bitGavilin0 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 opening sequence question I've been away from wow a long while and just returned. As a good rogue I went to the stickies to chk on my specs and changes. My question is about the opening of an attack. In the sticky above it says mutilate then rupture then mut then snd. When I left we opened with garrote then mut to snd. Why the change? Are most raid fights started out of stealth? Is rupture highly preferred over garrote? Thx for the explain. Forgive.any typos this I'm at work on ky mobile.Jeryhn3 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Call to arms Fellow warriors of the horde, I come to you today with sorrow in my heart. Our once great and proud maiev server has fallen into great peril and disarray. Following the great exodus in the LK years, caused by the alliance spys, net working inside blizzard DEV team. Persuading most of our once great heroes to leave home in search of glory, Some even changed aligence to the alliance's honorless flag. Leaving us outmanned and out matched. Yet there is hope still, Even if many of our warriors are young and inexperienced, They possess the heart and determination to stand Together as bothers in arms. Our towns, overran with clans of evil soldiers claiming to fight for a rightous belief, They slaughter our young ones and corupt them into believing they may find safety in there ranks. Where you find one there is always a group waiting to take advantage of one's moment of weakness. Alone they wither and fall amidst the might of Horde, But the honorless dont fight 1 vs 1. Our brothers lose strenght. The weakness of mortal minds corrupts our ranks once more, Already there is word amidst our remaining veterans, that they may be mounting another exodus. I fear in the days to come, many of our once great warriors will find there way into the evil alliance ranks once more. This is not a cry for pity, or safety. Let it be known if there is one strace of pride left within my soul, I hattorîhanzo born of maiev forged in brutal combat, would rather give my life fighting for the Horde amongst my brothers and sister, then give way to his fears. NO no no brothers and sisters, this is a cry for HONOR! Come part take in our struggle, and together we will restore our once great server to its former glory! "Lok'tar ogar"! "Victory or death"!Hattorîhanzo1 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Glyph of the Ninja Minor Glyph: You now sheath your swords, axes, and maces on your back like a boss!Devoneaux5 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 SimCraft Giving Odd Results I just got the heroic dagger last night, so it wasn't in the sim, but here were the results without it: Agi 3.92 Hit 1.95 Mast 1.39 Exp 1.29 Crit 1.27 Haste 1.21 Is crit really better than haste right now....? Are there modelling issues with SimCraft? (using 505-5).Pallakonto14 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Not too bad? Well my fellow rogues as you have watched me level slowly via pvp I thought I would give you guys a update since I haven't posted lately.This is a screen shot at the end of a WSG today. What do you guys think? (( yes I know its level 35-39 bracket)). Still not too bad eh? Give some feed back!! Edit~ Forgot picture lol!! http://imageshack.us/f/24/wowscrnshot111312222152.jpg/Yurko7 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Where are my Goblin rogues at ? Where are you at, you cheap greedy stinking green skins!?Mookdaspook6 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Tricks of the Trade usage So my RL wants me too look at using ToT to buff a DPS's damage for 6 seconds every 30 seconds. What are other raiding rogue's thoughts on spending 20 energy, at a DPS loss to yourself so someone else can do 15% more damage for 6 seconds? Obviously the best solution is get a Rogue buddy and ToT each other but that isn't going to happen in our 10 man raids.Illayna11 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Any tips on how to be useful in BGs? (new 90) So, as the title suggests, I hit 90 a couple days ago. I've been doing several BG's and it seems I am pretty much worthless due to being feared 45% of the time (lol priests and psyfiend), stunned 25% of the time (warriors spamming shockwave, dragons roar, charge, etc.), and running from warriors, hunters, and mages for another 25%. It seems about roughly 5% of the time I am actually playing the game. Is that just how it is for a new rogue or is that about how it always is now? It just seems like every class has 3 forms of CC on really short cooldowns and it's hard to compete with this. Maybe I'm just bad a rogue, I dunno.Dinglebuttz4 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Little confused on Hit and expertise. I just pvp and nothing else. And I play sub and was wondering what my expertise and hit should be at percentage wise. I have looked at some of the different guides out there but am a little skeptical about what they are saying. Thanks!Pitcher3 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 What should I do between Mutilates ? I'm learning the ropes of roguing right now. My tactic for DPS is to try to get to five combo points, Slice and Dice, five combo points, eviscerate, five combo points, envenom...and repeat. However, really silly question, there is often a little downtime between Mutilates and Backstabs. Is there something I should do during that time ? Selaphiel14 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 assasination pvp First of all, is assasiation good for pvp, and if so, waht poisons/spec/rotation should I use thanks for the helpAlitris19 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Rogues are still viable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcAf8LBpLl4&feature=youtu.be prooves it.Remixes20 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Leveling a Rogue I like the idea of a dual wielding melee character, so am considering leveling a rogue. I'm curious how rough it is to do so, since I've mostly played ranged in my time in WoW. I just wonder if it is much more difficult than say a warrior, since you are so much more squishy. Do the tools make up for it in leveling? I assume in raids, you have a tank, so the squishiness, while not gone, is somewhat less of an issue. The other thing that scares me a bit is the positional requirement. I'm used to ranged, so I can stand anywhere to do my damage. I understand rogues have to be behind the target to max their dps. How difficult is this in practice for dungeons/raids and leveling? I'm happy to spend the time to get good, so the fact that I need effort and practice is not a problem. I guess, I just see so few rogues these days, that it would be fun to be something a bit less FotM, but I don't want to spend days on endless frustration, either. And, if it helps, I'll have full heirloom gear to level in. Any options, tips or suggestions much appreciated.Fieryhawt2 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Which form of cc annoys you most? I would have to say AoE fear is the most annoying thing in the game right now for me. Is there a dr on it? What about you?Hairyhoudini29 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Rogues representation in arena http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3?page=3 on the most competitive battlegroup the highest ranked rogue is on the 3rd page ranked 117Clemik6 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 188k evis crit on a priest. Ya, he was squishy. Ya, it was a random. Ya, the arms warrior next to him mashed me in 3 seconds immediately afterwards. Did it make me feel good? You betcha! I hope you all get at least one big hit on someone today as well, God knows you deserve it.Slyck6 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Daggers For sub pvp, should I use 1 pvp dagger in my OH and the 489 stone guard dagger in my MH, or just use both pvp weapons?Newkie10 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Low DPS trying to figure out how to raise it. i am doing depending on the pull etc 70-90k on stone guardians. 57-62k on fang, and average right around 55k on most fights. please help me, as far as I know I am doing my rotation right, I am keeping up RvS, SnD and eviscerating, throwing in ruptures as well. I have world of logs parses under PW Bacon on proudmoore. please helpCatawumpus6 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 PVP? Assassination or Subtlety? Is it me or is Subtlety really weak compare to Assassination in pvp? I tried Subtlety in arena, and it wasn't cutting it for high burst damage. I went Assassination, did twice the damage and was winning more often. What do you guys think?Phosporus21 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 How much mastery do you mut rogues have? From a PvE standpoint: I was at 85% and two gear switches dropped me down to about 68%. I think it may have been a bug because I barely lost any mastery and the percentage dropped drastically but it got me wondering. I know as much mastery as possible is best but how much mastery do most of you guys have? Whats a reasonable range to expect?Goronn8 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Greetings! I'm bad nice to meet you!Cherlloyd7 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Combat rogue question Nub question incoming! I havent touched my rogue really, couple of hours here and there..I paid no attention to mists changes. But a buddy of mine said combat rogues dont use fast OH's anymore....and i know he loves to troll me...so !@#$ it i will ask you guys! :) Do combat rogues not use daggers in the OH and can now use 2 slow 1h weapons?Thoradin6 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Assasination Dps Question Hi i just hit lvl 90 last week and got as much gear(465 ilevel) as i could have up to today. I went on the dummy today after enchanting/gemming/reforging my gear and all i can do on the Heroic 90+ target dummy is 40-42k Dps. My question is, is this normal? Im sure im doing my rotation fine. Keeping up rupture not overlaping envenoms(though not letting energy cap) Is it that rogue damage scaled more once raid buffed or is 40-42k Dps fine for my gear(465 ilevel)Sìnìster2 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Assassin Cooldown Use I had a question about Assassin cds. Vendetta is 2 minute, but shadow blade is a 3 min cd. I have these in a macro together, but my question was when Vendetta comes off cd, but shadow blade has another minute left, should i wait for shadow blades or just go ahead and use vendetta. And if so when shadow blade comes off cd a min later, should i go ahead and use it, or wait for vendetta? (which would then have a 1 min cd).Vaiyne10 Nov 14, 2012