Rogue

Jan 8, 2013 Elixir of Weaponry I would like to have some thought and opinions on using this elixir or just sick with Flask of Spring BlossomKelfalfin8 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 The story continues... So after a lot of thought and soul searching A... err Cloaked has found a new home! Cloaked decided after the holiday and the feeling of emptiness that Cloaked couldn't just walk away from all of you or the life Cloaked has built in this world, of Warcraft. Here on Cloaked's new server there will be new people and places and loots! Now if only Cloaked could get a new set of daggers to drop after weeks and weeks of killing things that drop items the one item Cloaked has yet to see is a shiny new dagger for stabbing! Combat got boring so for now Cloaked will have to make due with a decorative Christmas twig, sharpened and dangerous, and a craftable blue made by someone that Cloaked knew in another life. Cloaked will wish for a new dagger though, maybe on Cloaked's birthday. It is only a few days from today! http://tinyurl.com/c2hhj43Cloaked5 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Cloak and Dagger gone? :( Okay, so my rogue is an alt, but when I saw this PTR note I squealed with delight: it was what I thought Shadowstep should have always been. I was going to switch over and stabeleport my way to 90! ... My gameplay is mostly dailies and LFR, so an easy opener and quick travel spell between mobs was going to be brilliant. I then saw 'Hit and Run' in the animations video on MMO-Champion and was dismayed that my talent of choice had disappeared so soon. However, on searching these forums, I see people talking about how it would have been abused in PvP, particularly with Shadow Dance. I don't see how that couldn't have been fixed by giving Cloak and Dagger a 6-second cooldown, myself... but okay. It's gone. So I guess my thought is can the Shadowstep cooldown please be reset on killing a target that gives honour or experience? Can you also make it so I can Shadowstep>Ambush with a macro, without it refusing to Ambush because I've got the dreaded Aussie lag? Can Shadowstep be glyphed to just function like Cloak & Dagger would have functioned? (i.e. you lose the utility of being able to teleport out of stealth and the speed burst, but it just *works*?). At the moment it's super-nuisancy to use reliably. Thanks. Edit: and now I see this tweet from GS and get all confused! https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/statuses/282562976844759040Hydden2 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Offhand damage (sub pvp) Should i be upgrading my offhand mal weapon immediately or can i upgrade my dreadful pieces first?Heltrskeltr2 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 I need help please when ever i try to gank a huntard or spriest i always fail and used to be able to one shot them with a ambush now i just get em to like 70% and i have to SS and mult spam to kill them anyone have any advice on how to kill the bastards?Gurshak0 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Top tier from old talents at 80? *rant* Why do Rogues get their "top talent" abilities at 80 when other classes get from as low as in the 40s (you know that instant crit Chaos Bolt that can be casted on two people at once using that cooldown)? I don't want to see, "low level pvp doesn't matter" because really, balancing it a little is as easy as changing what classes get what when. Priests are fearing and snaring like crazy, Warlocks are fearing and sendign 10 imps at once and Hunters are running and killing without EVER having to stand still. Rogues on the other hand don't get any aoe (aside from Blade Flurry which isn't really that great) until 66, I don't have any "mobility" abilities except 1 crappy one that's useable once a minute and is really not that great considering one concussive shot and it's kinda wasted. No defense against casters until the 60s. Shadow has all 3 dots by thirty something and Rogues don't have any but a poison (I mean, Rupture is not that strong....but it's good for when you need to keep damaging someone to avoid stealthing or hopefully kill after you're dead). I think Rogues need to have some of their stuff moved around so they can have a little more to work with at lower level. Nothing is stronger, nothing is weaker, but it would improve what nobody apparently cares about. I don't get why nobody cares because leveling through PvP is so popular now with XP and Call To Arms and randoms. It should be cared for a little through making classes viable against each other without making some classes (right now Locks, SPriests (still), and hunters are a pain). I've also come to realize (after playing a Monk for a long time) that Monks are basically a better version of Rogues. They spend Energy only on chi builders and chi on their strong attacks. Rogues (and even Feral Druids but no love for them because they can heal so much easy than a Rogue so screw them:D) have to spend energy until 5 combo points, then wait for energy to use them and have very little to NO energy regen passives (combat has one which is why I play it, Sub gets one at 70). One thing I think NEEDs to happen is that Hunters shouldn't have Steady Shot while moving from the beginning. It should be a passive they learn higher up, something having to do with the Fox, that grants the move while casting. Why should Hunters be given something from the start that they used to have to wait until 83 to get and Rogues have to wait even longer to get Killing Spree, Shadow Dance, Vendetta than previously? Another thing that's been annoying me so badly is that I've been disarmed about 50 times from Warriors and Monks and I'm about 10 levels away from even getting my own Dismantle (at level 52, at least 20 levels later than both warriors and Monks). The best part is how Druids (of all specs) have 25% movement speed in Cat form and a travel form, and Monks have 10-15% movement speed in Tiger Stance and Rogues have to wait until 62 before they get their movement boost which would be nice....lag kills me enough, I'm too slow! Don't forget the crappy "heal" called Recuperate. At 90, from what I've read, it's not even used. Most Rogues use Leeching Poison because that matched with a 5 combo point Eviscerate is stronger than what Recuperate can do. I think Rogues, when they kill a target, they should be granted 3 free combo points either to that target or in general that they can spend on Recuperate. Half the time in PvP, I have 5 combo points on someone who died but I can't spend them because they released and the points are no longer active (until I run into that person again which rarely ever happens before I meet someone else worth killing). I just needed to rant about this because it's all been driving me nuts for the longest time. It's frustrating to level in PvP (but it's more fun than questing and dungeons because it's not always the same) when playing a class that seems to have been drained of all the minimal power they used to hold at a low level. (Also, 45 energy for Gouge? for a class with little to NO extra help with energy regen, this seems to be like a LOT for something that only incapacitates for a few seconds with no damage or combo point generation) Basically: -Heals suck -Speed is without (until 60 and 62) -defense against any caster SUCKS (sometimes Kick even seems like it doesn't work too well, Monk throat jab works better for me always) -lack of a lot of things most other classes get before 30 AND -Hunters need to lose steady shot moving while casting and it should be given as a passive at a higher level, maybe 83 like when Aspect of the Fox was given orginallyDrekzel0 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Just ONE Great Idea for 5.2 Combine Recuperate and Slice and Dice. An ability that increases attack speed and healing (and energy regeneration if playing Subtlety). This simplifies our rotation just a little bit, but isn't out of control. Good Idea?Vladraen4 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Malev Daggers for PvE? Hello fellow rogues, just a quick question for you. I've got Malev 2/2 upgraded daggers (2802 dps) and I've been using these for PvE. I play Mut so I need daggers but my question is if they are better than the 463 heroic daggers? I've been doing LFR at terrace and stoneguards for awhile now with no drops so I've just continued to use my pvp daggers, is this a mistake? Or should I farm the 463 daggers?Elvriqe1 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Slice and Dice and "White" Damage. I was reading about Slice and Dice (SnD) on wowpedia.org. The entry said that most of the damage in raid comes from white damage. Um...if that's true then there is no point to using abilities. If non-Energy/Mana/etc damage does the most, um, damage, then Autoattack is better than abilities..... http://www.wowpedia.org/Slice_and_Dice "Slice and Dice is the best finishing move to use in raid situations. Because it increases your white damage by 40%, and most damage in a raid comes from white damage, it should always be up." http://www.wowwiki.com/White_damage "White damage is damage dealt from your common abilities that consume no mana, energy, or rage. This includes auto-attack, shoot, throw, auto-shot, and the like. It is so called because the value of the damage is displayed on screen in white as opposed to yellow." If White damage is the best thing to use in Raids then using Resource abilities actually makes it harder to defeat enemies. According to that logic in the first quote. If most of a Rogue's damage comes from White Damage then why even bother with abilities? If White Damage is the best way to go in Raids.Milekiel28 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Rogue pvp macros for quick targeting help Just looking for cheap shot, gouge, shadow step, kick, blind, possibly redirect plus kidney shot quick targeting macros so I don't have to tab or click on actual players or their portraits. I feel like a lose a second (or a global) trying to do that in arena, and it can decide who wins sometimes. Help?Adolin3 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Whats the best rogue race lorewise? For both horde and alliance.Vóx6 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Am I missing something? Lately it feels like something is wrong with my DPS. I'm doing nothing different and as far as I can tell my stats are near perfect. The problem is, when I compare myself to my other raid members who range from 1 to 6 ilvls higher, their DPS is so much larger. Simcraft and Shadowcraft plot me around 88k while our Mage (488 ilvl), Warlock (490 ilvl) and Death Knight (492 ilvl) are all sitting around 100k+ according to sims. The only way I've seen to get to their level is by getting around 496 ilvl with 4pc bonus and new weapons. By the time all of them get to 496 I don't want to even imagine where I'll be sitting. I know that I do not have DS on my OH, as I've been hesitant to get it, but even factoring that in the difference is still 10k+ when compared to the rest. Is this simply a gear issue? *Edit* Don't mind the unenchanted Gloves, just got back from a trip and forgot to get them done. :PLayke4 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Why Not Just Remove Blade Flurry Entirely? from the PTR: ... That's nerfing it so hard it's not even worth using, definitely not with the energy regen penalty rogues take while it's active. Seriously Blizz, if you feel Blade Flurry is that overpowered, then remove it and find another way for combat to deal damage. Don't nerf it to uselessness cause then it's just an extra ability that takes up space and isn't worth putting on our action bar.Lonawolfe58 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 pve rogue dps vs other melee hey guys wanted to come here and see what you guys could tell me about how the dps for you in normal raid situations vs warriors lets just say. I raid with a combat rogue and his ilvl is same as mine 490 ish and the only fight he excels in is spirit dogs in MV (1st boss) I know last xpac he was always just around me and my dps but now im really out performing him and I want to help him if I can..hes a good friend to me and ive known him a long time. I brought it up to him and he says they nerfed rogues so bad its not his fault...If that's true wanted to hear some opinions so in MV elegon fight he ends up 70 and im 102.. stoneguard he is 90 im bout 70 ..on garaj him 71 me 81 ... WillofEmpire he is 34? me 52.. Feng he is 59 im 78 now in HOF on Bladelord he 31? im 65 Imperial vizier he is 48? im 71...Garalon he is 83 im 106 Windlord meljarik he is 71 and im 104 so u can clearly see im on average like beating him by 20k dps almost so im thinking something is wrong or is this how it is for you guys?? Any help would be appreciated and I woll get some logs posted so someone can look and see his rotation and what he could be doin or not doing wrong!!!Skillywilly15 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 What's the highest DPS spec right now I was wondering what spec is topping the charts in PVE as of the latest patch.Harpøcrates6 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Diminishing Returns Anybody know where I can find a complete list of diminishing returns that is updated for 5.1? Thanks in advance!Sapstick1 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Improve Leeching Poison How would you feel if they buffed 10% healing to 15% healing?Kincayd11 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Shuriken Toss - Awesome Direction I have always wondered, that if Blizz took the direction of multi-role classes across the board, what ELSE could rogues do? Dodge based tank... Does'nt make much sense, and Field Medics would be laughable (bandage spec anyone?!). Now, I'm not much of a PvE kind of rogue, but for PvP it is incredible exiting to see an OVERHAUL of rogue playability. I was a huge supporter of shiruken toss even this patch actually. And whoever that "troll" is saying we pump out more rangedps then shadow priests in the PTR - I can actually recall numerous occasions this patch, where I just couldn't get enough melee uptime on the spriests. I even saw me reaching that point of no return, saying "F - IT! Might as well scare him!" And throw vendetta, along with a trinket, step back and just unload. Usually I'd die, but would indeed see some of them wincing as it takes a disperse to finish the deal. Point is, I have out DPSed some classes at range even with the current build. Is this OP? I don't see how that could be argued with Hunters, Locks, and even those Mages in their current state. And this is in no way a reliable strategy, circumstantial at best. Blizz I seriously encourage you to implement these changes, from a guy who has played wow since the day it came out. AND who might have been quoted saying "wow could be dying" just 2 months ago. I am seriously stoked already and can't wait for whatever y'all have in store!Ammel0 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 HI! I'm a dk. I don't know you well, but I'd like to. Fortunately next patch there will be plenty of opportunity for us to get to know each other while running dk/rogue/pally in arenas next season. I look forward to making healers pointless in arenas with you. -Sincerely, A Death KnightAorris14 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 What's the best spec for PVP? I'm up in the air with what happened to rogues and PVP. I'm getting smashed going up against other classes with sub, stun stun stab stab effect. I've seen alot of sub and like one combat not sure what the best spec is for it now. Did they nerf the hell out of rogues? Are things going to get fixed?Harpøcrates3 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 If you could have any one ability... From any other class in the game, what would it be? I'd have to go with Recklessness from Warriors.Tim56 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Rogue keybinds /w naga mouse So I was wanting a little input on keybinding rogue abilitys with the razor naga mouse. It can get pretty complicated lol. The reason for bot prep and step being in there is I have been doing PTR. Movement keys: E,S,F: forward, strafe left, strafe right Mouse keys: 1-3:Main attacking: hemo,backstab, evis 4-6: Interupt/buff: gouge, kidney, SandD 7-9: Defenses: vanish, Cloak, smoke bomb 10-12: stealth, evasion, dismantle mouse wheel: shuriken toss Keyboard keys: W: rupture R: blind A: shadow step Q: sprint G: recup D: FoK C: shadow dance V: shadow blades T: kick 3: prep If any experienced rogues could give me some pointers or changes to this to make it easier/better that would be great. Thanks guys.Soulshadow4 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 I Encourage You All To City Fight City Fighting is a noble and rewarding play-style that I encourage everyone to try out. There are those that will say it's a cowardly act of griefing, these people have got it all wrong. City Fighting may be for you if you... 1) Play a stealthing class. 2) Like the idea of developing a notorious reputation with the opposite faction on your server. 3) Don't mind the learning curve that comes with all the difficulties involved. Now I will go through the list of pros and cons involved... Pros: 1) Truely being able to surprise your victim. BGs and Arena are filled with alert players that are just waiting to be jumped by stealthers. In turn, these pvp environments do not allow you to take full advantage of your stealth... being able to truely surprise your target is priceless. 2) Excitement! Nothing gets the adrenaline running faster that right before going in to attack a player in their own capital city. Can I kill him before other players kill me? Can I get away after I do? 3) Server Community returns! The old vannila days of WoW are gone and with it a feeling a server community. You are bring it back by developing a reputation as the guy that will not letting the opposite faction go afk, even in the cities they "should" feel the safest in. Cons: 1) NPCs in these capital cities will summon guards to attack you if you get within line of sight. The guards are tough and will not break agro on re-stealthing. They will net you, stun you, hit hard, and most of all give enemy players more time to train their sights on you. 2) You NEED to kill quick. If you don't burst your target down quick enough, it will of course increase the chances of other enemy players joining in the battle. This pvp enviornment is not condusive to long drawn out battles. 3) Be Prepared To Die... A Lot. Well die a lot at first that is. City Fighting requires a big learning curve. When you do get good at it you will kill them more than they kill you, which amounts to fun and success in my book. Things You Need To Know To City Fight Successfully 1) Kill Quickly/ Escape Quickly 2) Be aware of NPC locations and their LOS ranges to avoid guards being called on you. 3) Maximize your burst damage. The State of City Fighting Today: With MoP came a lot of changes to help and encourage City Fighting. Here is a list of some of them... 1) The new capital Pandarian cities ( Shrine of the Two Moons: Horde and Shrine of the Seven Stars : Alliance ) are NOT sanctuary cities! 2) These cities do NOThave roaming guards inside. They do however have roaming npcs that will in turn yell of guards ( Peacekeepers ) if you see you. 3) These cities are in contested territory! This is huge. In the old days of City Fighting you had to find a target with a PvP flag on them, because all the major cities were located in enemy territory. How To Handle Your Critics: " You're a real coward. I was AFK when you killed me". " Oh I'm sorry, I have no way of telling if you are afk. Next time I'll hop on with a character from your faction and ask you if you are ready before I attack you. " " All you do is attack people in here, do you ever leave, get a life!" " Sorry maybe I do need a life, but then again you making a character on my faction to smack talk is very rewarding to me and is all the encouragement I need to continue doing this. Thanks for restoring my faith. " " You're really bad at this, I've killed you tons of times." " Oh really, what is your name?" " You don't need to know my name." " That's what I thought, now go back to being afraid of me." If anyone has any questions about City Fighting or would like to start a "respectful" and "civilized" conversation about it.... the floor is open.Bigcity5 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Question about arena finishers 1) If I have garrote up, do I necessarily need hemo/rupture to be up on target as well? 2) Does recup still give energy? If so, should the rotation (non burst) be SnD, recup, then whatever? 3) 3% expertise or 6% expertise? Home ms is usally 30-60ms; world ms (in bgs) usually 50-80ms 4) For neck , wrist, and back I notice people (pros) get differing items. Ultimately does it just matter if it hits your hit and expertise requirements you set for yourself? This is sub pvp btwPoison11 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Blizzard: "Rogues aren't broken." I truly enjoy that companies like Riot will admit their faults and fix them accordingly in a timely fashion but Blizzard is like naw rogues you don't need Prep or SStep baseline. Naw you guys have good talents. We stay broken for two patches and then, "Oh rogues could use a bit of touching up I mean its not like there are less rogues than ret paladins.....oh wait...." TL;DR: Blizzard sucks at taking the blame when they mess crap up and now there are less rogues than one spec of one class. /endrantKerv39 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Seriously, Ghostcrawler? We need more soapyness, we're already too slippery. This has gone too far, the slipperyness is too damn high!Foxed6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 early levels rogue dungeon rotation I am leveling as assassination, and it seems after i put down the first monster.....im all out of energy for the rest of the group..and have to rely on my SnD auto attack.....am i doing this right? im only level 23, any pointers would be appreciative:).Voku2 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 A Few "Focksy" Vids! For your viewing pleasure(hopefully)! Not edited but not horrible so i hope yall enjoy some rogue pvp fun.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpFglhyu7_U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFtNmt0Plmk just some good ole fashioned random fun for the communityFocksy4 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 PVP: Combat going Sub Hey. So I bought my weapons back in the day before everyone figured out Sub would become viable with gear. So I have swords. Because Combat lulz. Anyway... as I'm going sub now... what do I stand to lose by PVPing as Sub with swords as opposed to sinking close to 4k conquest into a new pair of daggers?Alvaro13 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 as a sub rogue i want CnD Both for pvp and for PVE Ive been playing sub and enjoying it immensely lately. But I always find it annoying walkign up in stealthy, premed, get into position, ambush! with CnD i can just hit ambush and BAM im behind the target, not a big deal, but an ice quality of life change. in pvp i like hte option to "dig deep" and expend more CD's in exchange for more gap closers when i need it, instead of once every 24 seconds. its the same reason i kinda like preperation, allows you to "dig deep" and expend CD's more then youd be normally able to do.Sappey11 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 I could use some help! So, i've been wanting to level another rogue for a while. I have an 85 rogue on another server i no longer care to play on. I have quite a few questions i would love to have answered. (please no trolling). i've looked at many websites and asked a couple of high end players on my server. For PvE: 1. What spec is the best? 2. What weapons should i use for that spec? i.e. double daggers, slow MH & 1.8 OH, both slow weapons... ect. 3. Stat priority? 4. Best glyphs for different situations? 5. Rotation to maintain high dps? 6. Best talent choices? 7. Explain what poisons i need and how the new poisons work. (i haven't played a rogue since mid-cata) Thanks in advance for feedback! Yes, a lot of questions.. i know >.<Adrianä4 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Stealth issues I've experienced a few problems with stealth, as of tuesday. Me and my friend are sharing the same problems. We've been dueling to practice and get used to the new spec system, as well as doing battlegrounds. While in stealth, we will randomly get taken out. Granted, we're spec'ed into subterfuge, and sometimes that randomly pops and takes us out (Which is also a glitch problem, I'm assuming, seeing that we don't use abilities when this happens). But, the biggest issue I'm having, is that when I'm running around in stealth trying to find him in a duel, or randomly in a BG, the stealth buff fades, and I become exposed to any and all possibly attackers. I don't get why I'm being taken out of stealth for no reason. It's quite ridiculous, and I hope this is resolved soon. Now, another thing I dislike, and I hope this is a glitch as well, is that when I use Shadow Walk, it pops subterfuge, and I'm taken out of stealth. The way I look at this, is that subterfuge pops you 3 seconds after using an ability in stealth, but the description reads "after dealing or receiving hostile actions". How is Shadow Walk considered a "hostile action". It's a 6 second buff that increases my stealth so I have a better chance of finding an enemy rogue stealthed.Kriøse14 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 I want to break it down for you Give MY opinion on a few things. Just wanted to throw it out there that PVP is piss poor in general this season. Probably the worst yet (for amusement and I play show priest for pvp main by the way lol but rogue seems to be the least fun to play by far). The game ISN'T fun for rogue because of its mechanics. Ridiculous size of most AOE and classes which uncover stealth (hunter)...now have stealth? - Reduce the area of effect and make camo require complete stillness for the sake of stealth pvp. People being able to see stealth behind them if you pass too close - Retarded benefits such as blood worms getting parry? The spam of CC by every class. Same crap in every match below 1800. Mash all CDs, and try to blow one enemy up in 5 seconds or less! Movement impairing effects WRECKING this class - Try adding a new form of DR & something involving SHIV to remove the DR of crippling poison for us? Yes that would affect crippling poison... but I mean, the warrior and melee you're going to be in melee range with and they'll charge and death grip and kite /earth-bind you anyway as needed. Not to mention cripp psn doesn't affect charge/heroic leap/druids/monk rolls/ Casters slow is probably better than yours... and when you catch them they'll just pop a shield of sorts and wait for the next blink/stun/slow/fear etc. to come off CD. Straight up in over 4000+ duels over countless characters I've gotta say 1v1 class advantages have never been so glaring and obvious. (Yes I am aware the "game isn't balanced for 1v1" but this situation happens in arenas and battlegrounds, sorry for offending your ears my elitest highnesses.) I am not QQing or anything, but I feel that modifying these would give rogues and other weaker classes a boost WHILE removing a lot of annoyance from pvp.Chabee2 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 What are some good add-ons for Rogues? I have the basic add-ons like DBM, Recount, etc. But what are some good rogue specific mods? Thanks in advance. Edit: I meant pvp.Aêon8 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 5.2 Ranged Rogue pvp idk if its good for arenas/rbg but man is it fun as hell in bgs atm on ptr. some of the most 'fun' ive had on my rogue in awhile 170 energy assassin burst of speed shuriken toss deadly throw baseline prep its silly fun atmNailbomb7 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Pro tips but specifics :) (pvp) Just want some advice..... Do you swap out poisons depending on who you are facing ? What poisons do you generally use... When getting trained on... I use feint and combat readiness and try and get away with some abilties... gouges..etc... but id love some thoughts on how to get away from a warrior or DK... because once they open on you it's pretty much over because I can't toe to toe or get away too easily... Also advice on healers Just some tips... I am getting better just by playing.. but some general strategy would be great..Perforate6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Too many CPs too easily during SB. Help! When I cast my cooldown macro. /cast Lifeblood /cast Vendetta /cast Shadow Blades /use Virmen's bite I have rupture up, 5 combo point's ready, and I'm pooling waiting for the Envenom. I use Envenom, I mutilate twice Vanish, mutilate Blindside up to 3 times depending on the proc during this whole process I still have envenom buff, but I've generated at least 2 finishers worth of CPs, maybe even three All during a single envenom buff. Is it a DPS lose for me to not use Envenom when I have the CPs or should I stick to this fluid rotation because I still have the envenom buff up? If I want to, I can even prep and vanish again for another free mutilate. Resulting in 4 mutilates with a possible 4 blindsides. If this is true I would have used envenom before the second vanish to refresh the buff. So my question about clipping envenom still exists.Armament10 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Request transmog help here Since they're clogging up the rating thread, I thought maybe I'd try to split these kinds of topics off and consolidate them. Can't find that pair of shoulders to complete your look? Need a dagger to go with your theme? Turn it over to the rogue community and see what the power of the forums can do. Use this topic to look for help, or to give help to someone else. I'll go first... Since the boots that went with this armor were killed in the Lich King patch, where can I find some boots that will compliment it, or at least not horribly clash? I've been sidelined so I haven't been able to look in game for about a week, but maybe you guys have some ideas.Ryssia4 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Would you rather have Prep or lowered CDs? Looking for feedback.Wowthinker25 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 worth it?... Hey guys i know im only level 89 and i hear a lot of people complaining about rogues at lvl 90 i also know they are tweaking them in 5.2 basically will it be worth investing my time gearing up my rogue for 5.2?Urbanambush6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 LF advice on handling adds in Brawler fight. Hey, so I've been stuck on Dominika Illusionist lady for too long. I feel like I've been trying every strat I can think of with the whole CoS--->Prep--->CoS thing and all. But I am struggling to kill enough adds to keep from being overwhelmed without losing concentration on the main boss. I've tried nuking her from the start, I've tried backing her into a corner and popping blade flurry, and using smoke bomb to lure in the adds. But no matter what, the adds keep spawning in faster than I can kill them. Is there any other way I can handle the adds, without losing much on the boss?Vardyn1 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Hunters just got more interesting to fight ... ... ...Matoshooter6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Does mongoose still double buff?? If i enchant both weapons with mongoose will it still apply 2 buffs?Pmg6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 Smoke Bomb. Can somebody confirm this because Im not actually 100% sure. Say Im DPS a target, stunlock target etc.. I chuck a smoke bomb down, does this mean, that healers, and other enemies are unable to; 1) Target myself and any party member inside the Smoke Bomb, (Does target / focus target drop?) 2) Are enemy players able to target and heal there party members if they are locked down inside the Smoke Bomb? And this is a question for you guys in relation to Smoke Bombs use in PvP. When do you use it in regards too; i) Vanishing/Restealthing? (Is it possible? and is there enough time to achieve this?) ii) What useful teamwork traits can this ability provide? Thanks.Kãhn7 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 QoL vanish change If it's gonna keep bugging out on us, could you make it like the priests fade thing where we just can't be targeted by ranged (and melee) attacks? Or would that have some other consequences or w/eSinzx4 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 is rogues going to be op in 5.2 hey my currently playing a warrior atm they going to nerf warrior soon and umm I was thinking umm of making a rogue since I heard umm they may be op ?Micheljföx6 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 7, 2013 sub slow offhand? Greetings fellow rogues! Just coming back from a hiatus and my guildies ran me through normal MSV, the dagger and the fist weapon dropped, is there any advantage in duel weilding daggers? Or is it entirely feasible to wear Mainhand dagger/offhand fist weapon? Ive done a general search on the topic but I havent found anything. Thanks!Apathey17 Jan 7, 2013
Jan 6, 2013 Rogues... so whats the deal? PvP I have logged onto my rogue twice since the beginning of MoP. Where do we stand currently in comparison to other classes as far as PvP is concerned? Are rogues wanted in RBGs/Arena? I have been snooping around the arena rankings and it seems as though rogues are almost no where to be found on top teams. Do you think things will change with the release of patch 5.2? Thank you all for the feedback and I will be keeping a close eye on this thread!Swaggerqt5 Jan 6, 2013
Jan 6, 2013 glyph of poison smoke Smoke bomb applies all poisons to anyone who enter.Kealrix16 Jan 6, 2013
Jan 6, 2013 Rogue PvP I have just decided to make a rogue for PvP, I have BoA and everything. As far as leveling so far I am doing fine, I was just wondering from other "expert" rogues if its really as nerfed as they say during PvP :P As of now, I seem to leveling as well as any other class I have createdBigchill7 Jan 6, 2013