Rogue

Nov 29, 2012 Need help with DPS Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it feels like I should be doing more dps. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here's my WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4qwio1q937ai8zx4/analyze/dd/source/Synystyr2 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 If every combat spec... Glyphs AR...should it be baselined?Timat4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Bug with Envenom? So whenever your envenom gets dodged or parried it looks like you still get the full duration envenom buff even though it didnt hit, and you still have however many combo points on target. Nerf please.Nednedrlandr8 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Can we give our accounts away? I cancelled my sub already Pvp isnt good anymore and I have three 90s, its who gets their burst off first wins in 5 secs gg Can we give accounts away or will they get mad?Dirtydancin6 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Looking for something.. Just a quick finger point in the direction of an up to date pvp guide for assassin rogues would be very much appreciated.. I'm sure I'm over looking one, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.. Derp.Dèrpalina6 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 A compromise on BoS (Not my idea btw, an idea I saw someone else post) Burst of Speed 15 energy <functionality stays the same>. Every use of BoS increases its energy cost by 15 (20?) per use for 10sec and stacks 6 (4) times. ---OR--- Burst of Speed 15 energy When used clears all movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 70% for 2sec. BoS energy cost is increased by 15 (20) per use for 10sec and stacks up to 6 (4) times.Timat8 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Will of the emperor WHat is the best spec for this fight ?Mercs1 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Rogue Fun And PvP? Hello. im Audio. ive been playing rogue since the very begining of the game and know the class fairly well. so this is not a qq post more of a advertisement. im here to promote my youtube channel. you can go check it out toss a like and even throw a sub if your feeling nice and generous today. Let me explain what im doing: i came to the youtube/rogue community to bring enjoyment to the class that was once the best to now the best underdog. my goal is to eventually turn people over to the rogue side to see how fun they actually are and to see that they are at all not nerfed. (my channel is for rogue pvp and rogue pvp only! :D) i am also here to make friends. to share the same interests i have with fellow players with the same interests. Note: i am not the best rogue therefor i am not indicating to show any skill in any way shape or form. its only for entertainment purposes. so if you would like, come join in my epic adventure through out azeroth! and lastly, for my youtube channel. it is here: youtube.com/vodkalolz -your favorite rogue AudioAudío3 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Video proof rogues are overpowered again. Rogues, here it is..the moment we've been waiting for since MOP launch, after countless threads of legit honest feedback and suggestions. Blizzard left us high and dry, its up to us to take matters into our own hands and finally make a comeback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQWhisper11 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Best MOP Rogues (Arena) I have just come back to the game since Cata. I have decided to play a rogue in MOP; I am only interested in playing arena. Who are some of the best rogues with vids to watch in MOP?Megàtron9 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Need help with Sub rotation for PvP Idk wtf I am doing here in the new expansion, my whole rotation has been put out of wack and I need someone to help me put it back together. I don't know what talents to pick. Please help, thank youJanky5 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 RBGs Sooo, what are you top rated rogues rolling with in RBGs?Sapfx9 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 stealth falling off since the patch, when I taget a horde player my stealth will randomly fall off....Ryck9 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 So you step into the Arena... And you see a Mage/Warr combo. Who do you sap? Who do you open your attack on? In my previous encounters, I sap War and Garrote the Mage. My druid partner will do best to keep Warr cyclone and I'll occasionally Gouge or Dismantle him. But the damned Mage will Iceblock, Frost Nova, Blink away from me. Once my cooldowns are down, I feel like a sitting duck. Any suggestions my fellow rogues?Leonhartt19 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Why do people complain about Mut energy regen Maybe in PVP its different, but in PVE... I'm not seeing a problem. I especially see people complaining about how long you wait between mutilates. That doesn't really make sense considering the Assassination rotation. I'm not always pressing mutilate, but..... that's the point. You are supposed to build up combo points, wait till your energy regen builds up fairly high, envenom, and then drop as many Mutilates / Dispatches as you can before the Envenom ends without wasting CPs. Then if you still have energy when it Envenom ends, Envenom again and dump more energy. If you don't, then wait for more energy before Envenoming. Trying to maximize as many of hits within the envenom windows are what makes the spec fun and worth any thought at all. If you just had enough regen to constantly be pressing Mutilate..... there wouldn't even be anything to the rotation. You'd just constantly have envenom up. That makes the whole system pointless. So why are people complaining? I played Mutilate during T11 and it looks exactly like it was then. In fact, you have even more buttons to press since they added the Blindside proc for Dispatch, giving you a free attack every now and then. Mutilate did get more spammy in T13.... but why do you want that? Combat is already built around spamming buttons as near to GCD as you can. I really don't get it. Assassination seems perfectly fine in PVE.Desukà25 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Shadow Blades not proccing poisons still Fok Procs them now which is nice, I've confirmed Dispatch and Mut proc them now but it still seems that when Shadow Blades is running that poisons aren't proccing. Either that or am I just that unlucky after 5 shadow blades usages. Anyone else have experience with this?Xaran6 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 are my reforges, stats, gems etc ok? shadow craft won't work for me in my browser and I was wondering am i doing this right?Naniwa4 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Which race for horde? Looking to transfer my rogue to horde and not sure on which race for pvp and pve.Maehix2 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Random bg rogues. Stop trying to hunt me down in mid field to get a 1v1 duel out of me, I am trying to do the objective of the bg to win. Plus every time you try and 1v1 me i destroy you and make you look pretty stupid. I like the combat rogues that try and single me out in twin peaks, get disarmed before killing spree and get !@#$ on... But seriously guys, stop trying to flex your nuts because you look special education when you get put down. lolSociopaths7 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Yes! ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922045Springrunner8 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Dancing Steel change So with the new change in 5.1 that makes dancing steel not stack is it worth using double dancing steel? I would think that dancing steel/windsong would be better now but im not sure i know the uptime on dancing steel is higher than before but is that due to having double dancing steel or due to the ppm change?Yassu5 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Poisons removed after swapping out With patch 5.1 poisons on my weapons are being removed if put into a bag. I searched the forums and the patch notes and haven't run across it as an intended change or a bug? Which is it?Gimi3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Object Selection Circle looking at Mercaders videos, his Object Selection Circle, the little red circle under his target is enlarged, wide enough to show melee range. anyone know an addon or the command to widen the circle i cant seem to find anything on this anywhereDilldough0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Complaints of a Disgruntled Rogue I don't wanna do homework. And I sure as hell don't wanna think about the essay due Monday...why must people assign such things? Can't they take my word that I'm smart? Discuss.Haileaus6 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Changes that were not mentioned in patchnotes Vanish is now a baseline 2minute CD Subterfuge now breaks using when like fan of knives, burst of speed Wound poisons tooltip doesn't look to have updated Thats all i've found so far, feel free to addBustt8 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Rogue T14 4 set - 12 seconds or 6?? I noticed that everywhere online, including battle.net, shows the t14 gear to give a 12 second shadow blade bonus. However, equipped, it only gives 6 seconds. It even just says 6 second bonus, not 12. Whats going on with that?Drastafari3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Subtlety PvE: Haste or Mastery? So I use Noxxic to determine what the stat priority is and it's Agility > Hit 7.5 > Expertise 7.5 > Haste > Crit > Mastery... But most of the subtlety Rogues I see are getting Mastery instead.. I honestly would think Mastery would be best for this spec in PvE... I need opinions please :PJeyla9 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 11 sec sprint (upto 62% increase in distance) http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/11-second-sprint-37-5%25-increase-41871/ ...Tacticss27 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Fed up. So I decided to renew my subscription just to sus out 5.1 and see the difference our buffs would make. I started doing some 2's for cap with a Resto Druid so I went Mutilate because it has more sustained dps and usually with a healer that's what you want versus other healers dps compositions. We got a game against an Spriest and a Ret pally so I figured I'd stay on the Ret since I won't get feared 24/7. This resulted in a 10 minute game of being kited by another MELEE DPS and eventually losing because my healer ran OOM. What do I make of this? 1. Even though we did get some nice buffs and other classes got nerfs which in turn buffs Rogues, our mobility is still horrible and putting BoS to 50 energy requirement still doesn't make it viable. I don't see why we should sacrifice our resources for DPS to gain mobility where other classes don't. 2. (notverysrs) Who plays Ret Pally and kites another melee class? I mean sure they do some noticeable ranged damage but Cloak can avoid the majority of it (eg. the big gay shiny hammer that lands on yor head). I'd rather lose that game than lose my dignity even if this is an online game.Kimax5 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 5.1 FoK / AoE Change? Good morning guys, Curiosity rarely gets the better of me, but this time I really want to know. Last night doing the trash in HoF (the packs of bugs leading up to 1st boss Zorloc) I was doing my normal rotation of Fan of Knives, Rupture, switch mob, Fan of Knives, Rupture, switch mob, Fan of Knives, Rupture, switch mob, ect... and the recount numbers were beyond low. Normal pull 200K dps on them (average) Last night pull 58K dps on them (average) Just as a clarification; I'm fine if they nerfed it. I'm not QQing about it at all, just means I won't have to bust my but on AoE packs and I'm fine with that, I'm just curious if this is a bug/change/issue. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a poison thing? Is it a change in damage from FoK? Is it that FoK doesn't hit as many targets anymore? Well, either way I'm fine with whatever, just want to know if it's just me :) SynSynful4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 ilvl valor upgrade questions Looking for advice on which pieces I should be doing ilvl upgrades on first. I generally run combat, so I’m thinking my best bets are, in no particular order: (a) 496 tier legs and gloves (stupidly, absurdly lucky on Sha drops); (b) 489 fist and dagger; (c) Darkmoon trinket; and (d) 489 Tomb Raider belt (super good for combat). Had a delay in raiding at start of MoP, but finally in a group making admittedly slow progress. Certainly won’t be replacing any of the above pieces anytime soon (unless 483 LFR sha-touched weapon with legendary gem is better than 489 weapon, though that will still take time while collecting sigils – please advise on that). Of course, this all occurred to me after upgrading my 489 fist last night right before logging out. If this was a mistake, can I get a refund (like when you buy valor or honor gear, you have a certain amount of time in game where you can return the item)? Thanks so much!Vaelarrus7 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 My 5.1 Day 1 story. Logged on, put wound poison and mind numbing poison on my weapons. Asked in trade who wanted to do some 2's for caps real fast. Got a back pedaling hunter, went 10-2 pretty easy mode.. Did things get easier or did the people we play against suck? lmao Edit : We are still very very squishy though..Shisuii27 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 5.1 biggest nerf = npc pockets where the f did they all go. every farming spot i use is not only just nerfed to decrease drop rates of junkboxes but the pockets are completely gone. they should be encouraging pickpocketing buy putting usefull items in the loot table. unique items give the class some value and a reason to be a rogue and use the talent. but no. lets get rid of the freaking pockets on everything. lame.Juggliest2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 omg why am i not as good as reckful abloo bloo Fyi... a good rogue can destroy a warrior... its all about dat ccPersaios9 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 ShurikenToss instead of Mutilate??? I have recently been experiment with replacing Mutilate with Shuriken Toss as the primary CP generator. Even though losing the ability to proc Dispatch seemed detrimental.. My DPS on test dummy's compaired to when i use Mutilate... still indicates the possibility that Shuriken Toss is actually a better CP generator. Even though Mutilate damage is higher then individual Shuriken Toss damage.. given the fact that mutilate is an energy hog... You can basically start a fight like this... /stealth/mutilatex2/rupture/dispatch proc or shuriken toss once/SND/Shuriken toss to 5/envenom/shurikentossx5/envenom/shurikenx5/rupture (then unleash a boring series of shuriken x5 and envenom for 20+ seconds..) And.. you hardly Ever get low on energy due to low requirements on S.T. even if you are spamming it.Mercifull312 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Cloak of Shadows Stealth Nerf? The tool tip no longer shows 90% resistance to harmful effects. I took it to the test in arena and almost every spell application on my rogue after the brief immunity period was successful; between DK diseases/remorseless winter stack reapplication , warlock fears and dots, and boomkin dots Tested in several duels with my shadow priest buddy and after the first psyfiend fear that I was immune to, fear landed on me before cloak buff was gone. Was this mentioned somewhere official. Sorry if this was posted somewhere and I missed it. I hope it is just my RNG luck..Ameera0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 What is the energy regen equation now? I have 23% sth haste with my pvp gear, but not 12.3 regen. What is the current eaquation for energy regen for all three specs?Shadyrules0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Back-peddling and Keyboard turning The counter to shadow dance :*(Sinzx3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Poor DPS on Garalon I'm assigned to soaking swipes on Garalon with feint, but my DPS is pretty pathetic. I'm only doing 55k as combat, with blade flurry. I'm targeting the boss and stacking within range of a leg, so assuming that hotfix worked, I'm doing the bonus damage to the leg. Is there something else I'm missing, or is the loss of energy from feint too great?Kretar12 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 5.1 Thoughts Overall Blizzard I like It, If you know what your doing you can beat anyone. Its all about how you pick your fights Shurikin toss 7/10 doing damage far away is very nice especially if you have bleeds on the target Ambush & Backstab 6/10 Both are decent, but needs a bit of a tweak in damage Blind 10/10 I like were you are going with our based cool downs. other thoughts Rogues are really good just a higher skill cap to play.Tràpp8 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Should i go rouge? Ok so im thinking of a 2nd class to make and ot comes down to rouge or druid i had a 60 fruid ony my other account and did like him but never had a rouge so oi was wondering with the new patch are they any good?Pallyskillz4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Also. First post on here, but been lurkin for awhile. I just noticed the hotfix blizz is releasing wed has vanish at 2 min cd. So theres that?Reykr2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Not getting Swiftblade's Cunning buff? When I am in group I notice that I do not receive the benefits from Swiftblade's Cunning. My hunter friend also noticed the same for his trueshot aura.Kruchkow4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 My ST damage On a priest more than 10yds away as combat 6.6k So buff :PTimat5 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 is this fair? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed for 2 handed weapons they will upgrade it 2x and 750 conquest points each. But for those 1 handed weapons still 2x to upgrade same conquest points price but the thing is you have to do that for both of them. Hoping Blizz knows about this.Comeinside5 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Patch notes-- is this a april FOOLS day joke? The energy cost of Kick has been reduced to 10 (was 15). Seal Fate will now only be activated by melee combo point generating abilities. Shuriken Toss now deals double damage when used against targets further than 10 yards away. The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 90 seconds, down from 3 minutes. The energy cost of the Burst of Speed talent has been reduced to 50 energy, down from 60 energy. Wound Poison now deals 33% more damage. ------------ Kick should be a FREE spell interrupt and it should SILENCE for 4 seconds like gag order. Seal fate? Really? Such a overused ability there. Shruiken toss... WE ARE NOT A RANGED CLASS BLIZZARD.. FIX OUR PVP Blind cooldown should be 60 seconds, peroid. NO ONE uses burst of speed, we have to use PREP or SHS. Wound poison is NOT USED IN ARENA. Its deadly + MNP. Devs, did you really not think or read any suggestions we posted or are you all just obama loving clueless idiots?? You all really make me question your abilities to develop when you do not even test in pvp much less care about it. Go read my older posts for some amazing ideas. Oh wait... you do not even come here. Do I need to talk w/Greg personally? This is not marine science (nor rocket science) but I would hope even HE would get this. +PraePraetorian20 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 so how is burst of speed? Anyone tried it?Truewan12 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 I feel sorry for you Rogues. You guys have gone from being way overpowered in Cataclysm to being underpowered like us. Feel free to join the Hunter club since both classes need buffs.Danget15 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Deadeye Badge of the Shieldwall Does this share the 30 sec CD with the PvP on use trinkets? Might be good burst to use both at same time if it doesn't share the 30 sec CD. Thoughts?Spitefuly1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Finally managed to solo C'thun. Took me over 30 min, but I was able to do it using the Ouro pull method. Basically, I'd pull Ouro into C'thun's room. You can only do this when he's submerged. Fight will last a while since you won't get the 99% damage reduction buff on C'thun removed since you won't be in his stomach at all. The reason I pulled Ouro into C'thun's room with me, is due to the fact that Ouro forcefully removes you from C'thun's stomach once he eats you. http://tinyurl.com/bo9r8gu http://tinyurl.com/d3b4p9s Got a Jam Gabbor when I killed him. Was hoping for his dagger. >.>Renwald6 Nov 28, 2012