Rogue

Jun 15 Thank blizz for sub changes. Just want to say thank you for sub changes. Hope you let us have a good expa this year. Rogue is back to life again . Amazing state right now.Munrack21 Jun 15
Jun 15 Not sure I like the SoD change. Not sure if I'm in the minority here. But I preferred Symbols of Death before the patch change, where you could have a 100% uptime essentially (preferably, it should just be a passive and not apart of any spell to use). Now it is: Symbols of Death Instant 30 sec recharge 1 Charges Requires Rogue (Subtlety) Requires level 36 Invoke ancient symbols of power, generating 40 Energy and increasing your damage done by 15% for 10 sec. I kind of feel as though they're now making it like a Feral Druid's Tiger Fury ability. Oh great, another ability to slap into a macro. What do people think of this?Kodi8 Jun 15
Jun 14 Vacant UI - Become a Better Player (Legion) Old Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15701236770?page=1 The old thread reached its post limit so I thought I'd make this to let people know that I'm updating the UI for the Legion pre-patch that released today. Hey. I'm Vacant! I've played a Rogue on Tichondrius for 10 years. My goal with this project is to provide a visually appealing UI that clearly and cleanly presents pertinent information to immensely improve awareness in PVP and PVE situations. This UI is currently tailored for Rogue, Feral Druid, Survival Hunter, Arms Warrior, Frost Mage, Retribution Paladin, Affliction Warlock, and Frost Death Knight with other classes and specs on the way! Regardless, the UI is still extremely good for each and every class. Updated: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23460-VacantUI-Becomeabetterplayer.Legion.html Mostly everything is working. Grid and Tidy Plates are both still buggy.Vacant52 Jun 14
Jun 14 Tempered Egg of Serpentrix Is it good?Celiana2 Jun 14
Jun 14 Gladiator Rogue youtube channel Hello all I am gladiator exp rogue and i post a variety of videos of high rated arenas/ rated Bg clips/ and trying to get into developing rogue guides. please come check out my channel and let me know what you think as i try to find some entertaining stuff to share! Let me know what kind of videos ya'll would like to see! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2styHV5I5h_2Drsp0GWmpABobx1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Mut Rogues I was reading all of the "doom and gloom" posts prior to 7.2.5 dropping yesterday and was, admittedly, kinda nervous. After clearing H NH last night, though, I really like it. My DPS has gone up about 100-150K with same gear, depending on the fight, despite the loss of AP. Pretty excited for this raid tier. What do you guys think?Speedyfoof14 Jun 14
Jun 14 Hi anyone able to give me sub pvp 101? I played sub a ton back in wotlk but have since been mostly playing PVE. Last season i got into 1750+ with sin, but think sub would definitely take me farther. Problem is i have barely touched sub since prelaunch legion and really have no idea what does what - when to use it- and why. Would love for anyone with extensive knowledge of sub to kinda explain what a pvp rotation should look like - opener - what my burst / rotation should look like in the middle of a fight (when dance is up vs when its down) - How to play defensive -> which CD's to save for when, and any neat tricks i can use to reset/stall the opponent. - rotation when trying to cc bot -etc etcGiggleblush1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Shuriken toss stealth nerf? I was doing some lower level raids that I do every week, and I noticed that my shuriken toss is noticeably weaker, and no longer 1 or 2 shots these bosses. Odd, especially since we were supposed to get a 20% all around buff. Did I miss the notes on a shuriken nerf? Anyone else noticing this? Always a chance I could be crazy I guess. Thanks for the help ahead of time. **edit** after a few more boss tests, it is definitely weaker.Frîsbee3 Jun 14
Jun 14 [PVE] Best Rogue spec. - ToS Hi everyone, i played Outlaw and Sin sience Legion lunch and I was thinking about continuing with Outalw in ToS until i saw the Sin/Outlaw Tiers changes. Im not a PTR fan so im not sure which spec look better for 7.2.5 and ToS. My two options are Outlaw and Sub. I dont want to play Sin again. Thanks for your time. I hope this thread helps all those who have the same doubt.Norica24 Jun 14
Jun 14 New Stat Priority? I saw Haste is the new king stat for Outlaw but I'm wondering if it's the same for SnD? I have been using SnD for awhile now and I always kinda leaned more toward Mastery as, in my mind, more hits = more MG procs = more deeps. I could be wrong? Is there anywhere I can go to get info on SnD because all the guides I see are all about RtB and I just hate that ability as a mechanic.Pokemahfayz3 Jun 14
Jun 14 Sin T20 buffed Rejoice fellow assassins. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755777475Annacrusys8 Jun 14
Jun 14 Roll the Bones RTB bug? OK, RTB was supposed to be changed to 5 buffs, and I did get a 5 buff roll, but I still did get a single Jolly Roger buff. Anyone else?Aeryndil5 Jun 14
Jun 14 [PvP] Why is outlaw damage so bad Like its bad....really really bad. Shadowstrike for instance is always going to do more damage than a 6pt Run Through How does that make sense? In PvE the difference between saber slash and Run Thru is massive, zone into a pvp instance and Run Thru is basically saber slash. What givesFlexn0 Jun 14
Jun 14 Roll the bones or SnD Whats doing better atm?Velpha10 Jun 14
Jun 14 Crown So I got the crown last night. I've been doing some tests, I raid with 2 other sin rogues at always comparable performance, one was with the mantle+boots and the other with bracers+boots for the tests. I was behind in almost all situations, I got decent results pairing with the mantle, however you can't afford to make a rotation mistake during the burst. In any case the burst is really good and I think it may be the go to leggos for M+s. I will keep testing but I think with T20 its going to be mantle + bracers unless they buff crown. In any case its better than insignia.Intøx1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Leveling as outlaw Im having a hard time leveling 100-110 as outlaw, I already chose my weapons and everything so I have to stick to it, I get killed easily, cant kill more than one mob at a time and my dmg sucks, anyone have any suggestions? ThanksTvr5 Jun 14
Jun 14 Thieve's Gambit This is a cool talent, however has anyone tested what is the reduced effect our party member receives when using Evasion, Cloak, Vial, and Vanish? I would like to know, thanks!Bkal0 Jun 14
Jun 14 So what do you do with the lamp? After finishing all the quests.Zunde18 Jun 14
Jun 14 Rogue "class fantasy" Hallo, Never tried to level a rogue before, but indeed died to MANY of then and hated then all at WOD, trying to level one now i fell like i'm the 'slowest man alive' after using the 2 min 8 seconds sprint it's just normal run speed, well, feral druids are more rogues then me lol :/ Considering the vídeo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmUcpHrF-Bo Whats the reasons to play rogue now?, since the 'flash fantasy' is gone Obs.: I really think the speed was just stolen by the DH, to fill the idea 'dh must be the best runner' That must be the only one mmo where a bandit/rogue/assasin class is not the fastest runner,Zenrokh11 Jun 14
Jun 14 Sin rogue Set So i just saw the new t20 for sin ..it dont give many mastery..so what set we should use? ThanksIdevillady0 Jun 14
Jun 14 Shadow Focus still 25%?? WTF a worthless talent was going to 75% reduction, not even barely game breaking, and the one rogue in azeroth who was going to use it(me) gets screwed by dev dickery? just W T FNoceo4 Jun 14
Jun 14 Huge buff! Raven mount can properly flip now! Land on ground then /mountspecial. Yes!Invasive1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Which Legendary we should Upgrade First? As a Assassination Rogue?Bamboo1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Mantle opener with TB Hey guys , has anyone come up with a new opener involving TB?Thûg11 Jun 14
Jun 14 PvP Patch Notes: Cut to the Chase Anyone notice we lost "Cut to the Chase?" Not in the patch notes. And they gave us a slowing ability that's only 10% better than our current poison that last 4s on a 10s cooldown. GG Blizz. WTF.Whiplashe5 Jun 14
Jun 14 Class mount bug Anyone having a bug where the mark in Orgrimmar is constantly stuck on evade??? I was actually in there attacking for about 30seconds before anyone even tried to attack me and the mark evaded the entire time..... I did this twice and each time was stuck on evade.Wrylan1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Roll the Bones RTB bug? OK, RTB was supposed to be changed to 5 buffs, and I did get a 5 buff roll, but I still did get a single Jolly Roger buff. Anyone else?Aeryndil1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Making Some Rounds (Feedback) So I wanted to see what else was out there for rogues in MMO's and how it compares to WOW. I tried ESO and Nightblades. Overall the experience has been good but ESO moves a lot slower then WOW. I guess the game has evolved a lot since release and overall the experience is good. I like the fact that it's a little more skill based (attacks, parry's, dodges, and interupts) then WOW but it's just feel super slow in progression. What is really cool about ESO though is that rogues are one of four classes, so basically they can't suck. If you make them suck, you potentially lose a fourth of your player base. In wow, rogues can suck all day long, there are a ton of other DPS classes people can play. I tried Black Desert Online and the Ninja. Amazing class design. It plays more like dynasty warriors then a traditional mmo. Super flashy moves and a lot of combo's that are skill based (though you can just macro them) BDO is strange because there is no end game. Basically you just play for fun as much as you want. The story is translated from China and is pretty terrible. There's no stealth, but basically you are the fantasy ninja from the anime shows. How does WOW compare? Wow's more polished. They've had 14 years to figure it out. I didn't PVP any in the other games and don't pvp in wow much. The mechanics of our class in wow are pretty good. I feel like we only lose because other dps classes do more dps in some environments. I know well enough that really geared rogues do great dps, but the majority of the class isn't in that category. I really liked ESO rogue though because you are a main class. They have a lot of time to put effort into your class as opposed to having to juggle and balance a ton of other classes. I guess I felt more important in ESO then I feel in WOW. (aka lack of blue feedbacks to tons of forum posts) Both ESO and BDO are free to play. I am not sure, with wow rogue, that I am really getting my money's worth. I pay for the additional polish, but at 150 dollars a year and as a casual gamer is it worth it? Hard to say. Just wanted to leave some feedback for players and devs. I'm not going anywhere just yet, but it was nice to see what else was out there for us stealthy types...Shinderu0 Jun 14
Jun 14 Best sub legendaries 7.2.5? Hiya Rogue forums, gonna start by saying boyo boyo these sub changes are NEAT. Loving the less spammy playstyle that capitalizes on huge SD burst windows. I mostly stopped playing this toon a little after they gutted the sub boots and getting my 15 achievement, but now that the rotation has been fixed drastically, this dude is back in action. What with the changes, I feel like some legendaries have changed dramatically in value, namely the bracers. Now that we can properly pool energy (not to mention the free mini-thistle tea every 30 seconds) I feel like Shadow Satyr's Walk is a lot less viable than doing a bracers/shoulders combo, especially since we can't really capitalize on SSW's energy bonus at range anymore. The rotation feels really good with the bracers, especially if you have a CoF; oftentimes by the time my Shadow Blades is over, there's only a minute left on the CD. What do you guys think, and how do you think the new legendaries will stack up for sub rogues?Orktime0 Jun 14
Jun 14 Mastery build with TB (Sin rogue) Think i can hold onto my mastery gear and run TB or am i just doomed to run the oh so annoying bleed.Zãrovich15 Jun 14
Jun 14 Outlaw - Scenario/Survivability question Hearing Outlaw got some buffs I was excited to dust my old rogue off and give it another shot. After completing the Chromie scenario pretty easily on my Paladin earlier today I wanted to try it on my Outlaw... I'm not kidding when I say I cannot kill the Void Gargantuan or the Satyr (at the green dragonshrine I think?) The Void Gargantuan in particular is absolutely annihilating and hitting me for like 2.5 Million which is like a quarter of my HP. I try to make smart uses of my CDs but I cannot mitigate enough damage or out DPS his damage. I'm just curious if anyone else is having this kind of problem? I'm not saying I'm the best rogue in the world, but I'm pretty competent with my class and this feels absolutely horrible.Faroh0 Jun 14
Jun 13 No BS, if you want to kill what spec? In PvP. People are talking about overall damage but I honestly don't care about overall damage, I want to be the player with the most killing blows. It's is why I loved (past tense) Affliction Warlock. When push comes to shove if you got 3-4UA's on a target then Drain Soul with Malefic Grasp talent your target is going down, unless a healer pops all of their CD's. Do any of the Rogue specs have that ability? I want healers to use big CD's to keep my target alive during my burst.Habskilla0 Jun 13
Jun 13 Toxic Blade talent? How is this new talent for Assassination? 20 Energy, awards 1 combo pt Does 400+k nature damage (for me) Increases poison damage by 35% for 9 sec.Nommi0 Jun 13
Jun 13 Outlaw PvP Talent Question Was reading all the changes today, and a talent setup hit me, and I'm wondering if the folks here on the boards could tell me what they think about its viability. GS/Anti/KS/MfD I know that Anti might be the only change, but my thoughts are based around having burst damage. My thought is: Get 10 CP and use skills to burn thru enemy CDs. Use GS, followed by BtE, MfD, KS, then 2x RT to finish. Roll in a vanish/cheap shot if necessary to prevent healing between the KS and the RTs. Would this help with the burst damage issues I see? I mean, enough to justify not using DS?Tereskal6 Jun 13
Jun 13 Keeping up with the buttons!! Hullooo!! This is an odd question, as its maintenance time and all; I figured why not! There are so many buttons to push while in PvP!! Mouse clicks, finger clicks, all while trying to stay on target. I know I know, gaming is a young persons game: alas, I am not young. Just curious how you all handle the "remain on target while click click clicking". Thoughts, plans and such welcome. (I hope I was clear in this post) /yell For the SNACKS!!!Rollypolly7 Jun 13
Jun 13 Sub PvP talents Any pro rogues out there have a set template for Sub PvP talents after the new changes? pls share. im bad.Simarielz6 Jun 13
Jun 13 Sin rotation with TB? I`m scouring and finding nothing. I want to make sure I get this right but the more I look, the less I find. Cheers in advance. -LoboÐaslobo7 Jun 13
Jun 13 Rogue's in WPVP 7.2.5 How are the specs performing in WPVP?Bounties5 Jun 13
Jun 13 Outlaws new stat priority According to Icy veins. Does this change if you play SND? Agility Haste Versatility Critical Strike MasterySnoøky5 Jun 13
Jun 13 So whats toppin charts now With assassin it seems there was a change so iv got no idea whats at the top or how outlaw is doing nowVelpha2 Jun 13
Jun 13 Sin 7.2.5 Is it truely the end of the world for Sin in the upcoming patch or are people doing what they normally do and overreacting? Cuz Sin is my favorite melee spec and i sure hope is still does well in both pve and pvp. I refuse to play sub because i find it boring and doesnt hold a candle to old sub and the rng on outlaw completely turns me away from it.Hippy50 Jun 13
Jun 13 It's like this.. You work a job..5-6 days a week for the last 10 years..You do well..you have big sales..you get your 50+ Hrs a week all is great. Now eventually the BIG boss company decides to cut back on some areas and re construct others..Your area of expertise and department is being affected. Your once 50+ hrs a week turns into 30+..your sales decline due to more sales rep and competition. You fume on the inside frustrated and upset..you know you worked hard for your hrs and your clients 10+ years slowly going in the can. As you notice other areas are getting better perks and treatment. They're getting the bigger chunk of the pie. So what do you do? Do you stick it out and HOPE to god your hrs pick back up and discover new clients? Or do you bail and try to find another solution another job? And or stick it to the Big company? This just in case if anyone hadn't picked up on...is my analogy of Me vs Blizzard and my Rogue. Who i have played on and off for 10+years. Thanks Blizz for making me feel like i wasted my time and long years playing a the ONE class that shouldn't be in the state it is now.Soeil23 Jun 13
Jun 13 When you think rogues are good again... in pvp... ...then you check patch notes and realize every class got buffs, back to square one.Jozeywalez4 Jun 13
Jun 13 Deepening Shadows change I guess I didn't know what to expect but it seems worse than I thought. I never had to wait for a Shadow Dance CD before, I always had at least one ready to go. Now I find myself having to wait around for the CD to expire instead of just managing my energy pool. This is a huge DPS loss and it's not really fun. Am I doing something wrong? Did I lose a freakin Shadow Dance charge too? WTF is going on?Antaeus5 Jun 13
Jun 13 In before [Thief's Bargain] qq begins subjRoxeni0 Jun 13
Jun 13 PvP findings so far I'll update as I learn more. - Sub does amazing damage with or without dance.With thiefs bargain ( imo the talent of choice unless ur scared of dying) I've done 200k just spamming Glooblade and 300k+ during dance. Dance charges still come back pretty fast thanks to Blades / Goremaws. Easily tier 1 spec super OP. -Assassination can pull a solid 250k dps now. Not bad for a spec with a healing debuff. Creeping Venom / System shock seem to have been stealth buffed. My creeping Venom was 60k over 6 seconds yesterday and is now 106k. This value doesn't change when I spec out of Master Poisoner so it isn't that. Also the flat 10% dmg buff the spec got wouldn't bring the damage up by this much. - Outlaw is still bad in case you were wondering. I can elaborate but I've already said why it sucks it previous threads.Snoøky1 Jun 13
Jun 13 Best pve spec 7.2.5? I'm currently playing assa (boring but good dps and it's gonna be nerfed), and I saw that otulaw is gonna be buffed (just a little) and subtetly is gonna be buffed, so my question is: which spec is the best for raiding in 7.2.5? I saw some saying that outlaw with SnD build is better than subtetly.Llawfen10 Jun 13
Jun 13 7.2.5 Sub SoD and Shadow Dance usability Sooooo I'm pretty new to the game and this is the first time my spec is changed completely. Can some kind soul here give me some pointers on what I have to do now? I noticed a clear increase in damage but it feels weird with the decrease of SoD uptime and the shadow dance change. What is their optimal use now?Anvindr1 Jun 13
Jun 13 New aoe rotation? (Sub) Given the buff to Shuriken and passive Shuriken combo giving 10% dmg on Evis and stacking up to 5 times, are we gonna Shuriken x5, Evis? or Shuriken+nightblade tab target till we get 5 stacks then Evis?Sinblitz3 Jun 13
Jun 13 SnD viability for Outlaws in 7.2.5 Hey guys, I was just debating whether I should stick with RtB or try out SnD in this patch. There's been changes to both, so right now I'm considering testing them both out in PvE content. I miss the reliability of SnD and I'm kind of tired of being at the mercy of the RNG gods with RtB. I'm not like a hardcore raider or anything (I'm still gearing this character up) but I am looking at doing Mythic+ content and normal/heroic raiding in Tomb.Kuangbao2 Jun 13