Paladin

May 30, 2012 inquiry of inquiries (my inquires, anyway). Would anyone be of the perspective that states that divine light, when not under the influence (when not completely intoxicated by) of infusion of light, is viable in pvp as far as regular usage of it goes? Also, when one does not have 3 charges of holy power (or what one would consider a substantial and very usable number of holy power charges) or an IoL proc, what is the best go to heal? Clearly it's possible, very very possible that divine light may be to slow a heal to be used frequently-or at all-given its incredible susceptibility to interruption. LoD and WoG are off of the table if HP is not available in a viable quanitity. Holy Light is given to the same interuption vulnerability that DL is, and heals for much less-again, assuming IoL is not procced-, this seems to leave FoL, which I use quite frequently. Is this the best go to heal, do you lovely, no doubt well-accomplished pallies think?Virtuosity0 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 CTC cap help Hello, I haven't tanked since hitting 85, but want to try it again. I have mostly 378 gear for this spec and am having a hard time hitting the ctc cap. I'm not sure if the best/easiest way of achieving the cap would be swapping gems or reforging differently. Any help is appreciated...thanks!Abuuda2 May 30, 2012
May 29, 2012 Ret - Gurth Procs My Gurthalak procs are very, very low. As in, only once or twice per fight. I was under the impression that it can proc off melee swings. My warrior friend reports that he's had 3 tentacles up at one time. Why are my procs so low? Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kjw9n4keoz2rlc5r/ Look for Rillim on fights Yors, Hagara, and Warmaster.Rillim68 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Ret paladin pvp Crit or mastery so i am a ret pally and ive been debating whether to stack crit or mastery, now i want to crit alot like say feral druids but if thats going to hinder my gameplay and make my performance worse i wont go for that, cna anyone give me an explanation of which one is better and why, is that goal of feral druid like crits even possible?Enigmma10 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Do you feel powerful as a ret pally in PvP? I just got my rogue all geared out in full honor gear and I'm having a blast. I really feel like I can deal out a lot of damage, CC, and survive long enough to do it, which makes PvP a lot of fun. How do you feel as a ret pally?Kytes4 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Hand of Sacrifice and global cooldown Healer Haree wants Hand of Sacrifice taken off the global cooldown. What do you think?Hareelarry3 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 beacon of light i put it on myselfIgnoramus5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Returning to play a little I have returned to playing a little on this alt of mine and have been having fun at it. My life doesn't allow me to raid or do anything but snag a moment in time to run a dungeon or two and a daily if I am lucky but, I was noticing some changes since I have been back and wanted to know if someone would pick over my toon or offer any advice on healing in 4.3. I have tried to dig up some of this on my own and have but some peer advice would be useful.Budlite0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Paladin Soloing I realize there are many threads about this constantly coming up, but few actually dive into what you need to know. So, here I am to ask about it a little bit more in depth. I used to solo lots of Vanilla/BC/Wrath heroics/raids during wrath as prot or ret (whatever I felt like), but now with Cata I'm not sure which is better. I quit during early firelands and am just coming back. Currently my only soloing exp is as ret in ret gear (~391) doing wrath heroics and lower and I blow through any of them in less than 20mins. Specific fights I'm looking at wanting to solo: - Reg Stonecore - Reg Vortex Pinnacle - Kara - Tempest Keep - 10 VoA - 10 Maly (possibly 25, but afaik both mounts drop off of 10man now, despite what people want to argue) - 10 Onyxia - 10 Naxx - 10/25 Ulduar - 10 RS hm - 25 HM ICC (as much as possible) - Anything else that gives good gold farm per week What I've seemed to have found out: - Run in Ret gear + tank wep/shield and occasional trinkets - Run in a Prot Spec (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZurhcRkdRMucbG:csVVqMMmc ?) - Use Seal of Insight for 90% of fights unless damage is a problem - CTC doesn't matter - Resistance is great for magic heavy fights - 6% hit and ~10 expertise is advised LMK what I've got wrong (I think I've got a lot of it wrong tbh) and if there are any guides written already that I can read. Thanks. I would love to talk to anybody with good soloing exp in game. edit: getting gear is not an issue.Maballsies6 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 How is ret doing in pvp right now? At 85 and leveling. Are rets good below 85 also?Shoneo18 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 WOL analysis http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ktunnn7nbsrba67s/ Full 8/8hm clear http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wqlr8ch63ir7awif/ 6/8hm http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mwg9ckk4emxejce3/ Spine attempts then normal clear...... to many recruits that week. I think I am doing well overall but if there is anything I am doing wrong or some way to improve feel free to drop a comment.Kathòs0 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Tmog Trying to make an all green TMOG. Would like some help on the weapon please<3Lems4 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Just turned 85 Pointers please Hey guys i just turned i dont enough JP for gear im working on getting some last pieces from twilight and getting stormforged pants made im just looking where should i be to start doing herioc dung i and where should my item lvl be thank you any help would be great like my stats where should they be to heal thanksAniekan2 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Holy Paladin Professions I'm taking up mining as one for mats and to pay for some of the expenses if JC or Engineering seems the way to go. I already have Herb/Alchemy.Solarbeam5 May 29, 2012
May 29, 2012 Consecration I wonder what it feels like to stand in a pally's consecration.Racs7 May 29, 2012
May 28, 2012 Why is my dps so high as a tank? In HoTs I average 20k+ and in Raid Finder 15k+ and that's in my current gear. Why is it so high? Most other pallies I see are much lower. Like in RF a few mintes ago in better gear than me was doing half what I was doing. Btw this is single targetFarion7 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 9% haste removed as well? Posting here because I don't have beta access - can't post in beta forums. So when they took out judgement of the pure in mop, did they get rid of the 9% haste that it gave us as well? Just curious because its my understanding that they took judgement of the pure out of mop because of the regeneration it was giving paladins over other healing classes. If they took out the haste too, that's overkill imo and I will definitely be an incredibly sad puppy.Averi7 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Help with matching pieces for the level 70 Vengeful Gladiator's set. Looking around for a matching belt and boots but I've had no luck; maybe someone could help? Armory is there if you're not sure which set I'm talking about, already have the shoulders, chest and boots. Getting the head and legs tomorrow. Thanks in advance :)Meekes3 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Hand of Sacrifice Technical Question The damage that is transferred onto yourself through Hand of Sac: what kind is it? I mean, is it based off what kind of damage the HoS'ed target is taking? (Example: Warrior takes 30k melee hit, 10k of it is transferred as physical. He then gets hit 12k magic damage, 4k of it is transferred as magic.) Or is it simply magic damage? (Since it is a spell?) Also, I typically pair Divine Protection with Hand of Sac. Does this actually help? If HoS damage is magic damage, does that mean I get an extra 20% reduction with DP glyphed?Rillim7 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Glitch or tool top error? Divine protection glyph removes physical damage redux and replaces it with magical redux. Now the glyph says an even trade 20 for 20. The tool tip says 40%. The buff once activated says 20% damage redux. Which is it???Cillica5 May 28, 2012
May 27, 2012 2 piece Set for PvP... Picked up the current tier shoulders and legs today so wondering if they are worth using for PvP. The catch is that its the RF gear so i'm wondering if the extra HP generation is worth the survivability loss?Thatsnice15 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Help on Gem/ Reforging/Enchant for Holy PvP Hello, I have had a hard time finding a guide on how to gem/reforge for pvp. Any advice would be awesome. My current stuff is haphazard. Thanks.Orlanos0 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 I seem to take alot of damage. So over the coarse of a few HoT's I have had a few healers tell me that i seem to be taking alot more damage than i should in the gear i am in. Can someone look at my armory and tell me if everything looks ok or if there is something i should change. I have tanked lfr a few time but seems the heroic dungeons is where most healers complain about my incoming damage taken. ThanksDarkmanning3 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Replacement Trinkets and How to get them So I recently hit the CTC cap and started stacking stamina. The only problem I have is my 2nd trinket. I gemmed and reforged based off of my trinket procs. With resolve of undying putting me roughly at (.2 over) 102.4. However whenever my soulshifter vortex procs. It pushes me WAY over and I start to lose aggro way too easily, just wondering if anyone knows any good replacement trinkets, or better yet, the best way to get Indomitable Pride, or even if anyone wants to do a xrealm Heroic, or normal FL, for Beth's Trinket. But mainly just looking for good replacements; however, I think those 2 are my only option. Any help and advice would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.Aeonarial14 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Swordguard Embroidery VS 100 Str Swordguard Embroidery or 100 Str from Blacksmithing which one is better than another one for Retribution paladin? Thank you.Muton6 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 The PvP helm I got a bit more into PvP recently and I got the conquest helm for mogging. At 1st I thought it looked really cool, but after a while, if you look at it from the back, it looks like you're wearing a giant pair of hipster headphones. I'm not sure what to think about that...Darthelmet1 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Brand new level 80 help So, i received an email from blizzard stating that if i accepted this scroll of resurrection i could have one character boosted to level 80 for free. So i chose my level 30 ish paladin. I was given basic green gear and a full ret spec. But to be honest i have no idea how to play it, any tips from the more experienced?Cryptotica3 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Open Libram XXVII: Holy Avengers, Assemble! ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768449233 Open Libram on Pageface: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Diablo 3, Diablo 3, Diablo 3!Paladinchaz500 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Once i got 102.4 Avoidance ??? i got 102.4 Avoidance now i should stack Stamina ?? Add Dodge or Parry?? Should i reforge the Extra Mastery in Parry / Dodge?Shiropala2 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 rogue or holy pally??????? right now they are both 60 and i dont know what one is funner in pvp can someone give me some ideasWisconsinz6 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Pally confusion? First and for most this is not a QQ thread. I have just been doing some thinking lately and I would like the opinions of the Paladin community. I do not feel my pally is a pally. In the begining Paladins were mean to be a do all but not as well buff class. I loved having my pally at 60 and being the buff machine. I could dps, off heal, and pick up as a tank if needed. None of these skills were the very best (except possibly healing in priesty gear). I played a pally because I wanted to fill in the holes that were left by other classes. Aside from all the QQ from those who were to lazy to level a toon for its specific purpose I felt like this was a fun role. BC brought about a main tank spec for the pally which did feel like a natural progression for the pally and not to far of a stretch. Pallys were not as good as warriors in most cases but they were a completely differnt play style and still felt like a unique fun buffer. Pally/warrior tank due was awesome. Which brings me to my frustration. Aside from so many other classes gaining things like BR who never had it in the past. And other pally like abilities. Pallys have lost DI, a strong self heal, block abilities, magic dispell, and so many other abilites I will not list. The pally has become boring to play in a lot of ways. It feels like a watered down warrior. With a couple slightly unique abilites but no real fun factor. I understand catering to the masses and trying to make everyone happy but I feel as though pallys have become as watered down as raiding with LFR. I am not knocking the LFR idea but I do not feel LFR should cater to everyone endgame just as pally should not be so undefinable. A warrior should be a tank or a bad !@# plate dps, Pally Good tank who can pick up here and there, or good healer with fewer abilities than say a priest but strong at what it does do like main tank heals. Rogue/lock/hunter Awesome unique playstyle best dps's. Playing my hunter, makes me remember what a pally was like. I had abilities to make others better, making me what they wanted in their group for buffs and in a good group I was the differance between completion and failure picking up where the tank/healer failed. The hunter now has a pet for everything, 30% damage from bleed effects, 8% more spell damage, hero. This is just a thread to get people to thinking and hopefully influence the fun factor of pallys or I fear I will not be back for Pandara. If there is one thing I want to see go away its LFR. Or if LFR is to stay it should be completely differnt rewards and less than 2/3rd the value of the Tier rewards from running real dungeons. Tier rewards should not be in LFR. Just my 2cents. Thanks for taking time to read my Wall of textYourcoldfate16 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 What raids can a pally tank solo? hello all i was wondering what kinda raids can a prot pally solo? for gold that is.? any suggestions?Gigobyties23 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Holy Avenger w/1H? Does the future Holy Avenger talent in MoP also turn your weapon into an ashbringer model if you're wielding a 1H? Curious.Stax3 May 27, 2012
May 26, 2012 Mr Robot and me So i'm currently set up as per Mr Robot. Am i optimal? Or is there something i could be doing differently to make myself better.Shaeos3 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 How am I doing so far Hows my ret spec looking I been tninking of chucking in a couple mastery gems not sure whether to swap my belt for the vp one and is the rotting skull trink worth grabbing also.Sivallian1 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 So confused with reforging and gems. Hey pallies out there. So I thought that I was def on the right path for my pally with gemming and reforging but I was told that I was a complete scrub an that it was all wrong by a much more geared fellow. I also am feeling really really squishy in dungeons let alone lfr. I'm just wondering if I can get tips on stuff I'm doing wrong with my gear. Or just anything I might be doing wrong. Thanks. ;)Maranson7 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Need help deciding on PvP non-set epics. Hi all, I need some help figuring out which ones are the best to purchase, I am a Holy paladin and not sure whether I would get more benefit from using the pieces with +spirit on them or choosing the ones that have no spirit but include +crit and haste. Thanks for the help!Wolfjaw0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Level 80 Questions Okay, I just hit level 80 and I'm in need of some guidance. So I need new gear (badly). Should I use justice to buy lightsworn set? Should I wait and see what I find in dungeons? What gear should I get? I'm a tank.Racs6 May 26, 2012
May 25, 2012 Question So my friend is "too busy healing a heroic" to post on the forums, but he wants to know this. "Do Paladin's still get mana back if they cast Judgement in Holy Spec?" Thanks.Mäx1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 H Spine debuff & other healing Hi all Healing H Spine for the first time, there's always at least one debuff series that starts about the same time as the first roll, but sometimes there is no more debuffs for another minute or two, and sometimes you get two series at once and a third series soon after the first finishes. What controls when this happens? I guess in a way it's good to have more debuff series as then more people get Blood of Neltharion Also, any general tips for damage reduction and healing organization? We sometimes had a person die during stacking for the second roll, or when the amalgs are blowing up . 2 holy pallies and a druid.Lusignan7 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Ret pally help I got scroll of resurrection and now i have this level 80 ret pally that i have no idea how to play. I was wondering how I should be playing pvp like whats my bread and butter etc. All advice would be greatly appreciated!Autaron5 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Retribution Positionning I have done a thread on the beta forums about ret positionning: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5151271970 The more people post in this and discuss about it, the more Blizzard will look into this major annoyance of the retribution class, that should have been fixed a long time ago. Feel free to join the discussion about it, maybe we'll get Blizzard to fix this finally and make melee white hit guaranteed to hit the boss if you can hit them with CS or TV.Zurak3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 help me improve pls i am new to gameplay period not just WoW and realy need help. can anyone look at my toon and give me help on getting her ready for end game content? be brutaly honest and talk to me like im a toddler lol ty all in advance and i look forward to all the help.Furysrike3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 What can I improve H-Spine Hey folks, Id just like to thank you in advance for any help you guys will have given, heck I'm even thankful that any of you just clicked my post to even check it out. As the title states I could use a little help on H-spine. Mainly if someone could peruse the logs and help isolate any glaring problems they see with me healing id greatly appreciate it. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j44v5cy5c5ff4a3s/ Once again thanks for your help I appreciate it!.Shinjikage6 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 why am I such a squishy I'm getting told by my healers that I take quite a bit more damage rather than our other tank who is a warrior now I know they are different classes but could someone please respond as to why they think I am squishy or are my healers just bad at dealing my spike damage?Shurkien19 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Am I Ready for LFR or other raids? Hi! So i was wondering if you guys think I am ready for it, gear wise. So please be honest, things I should change, ect ect. (I know I need the mace from the first boss in Well of Eternity, but it just wont drop for me!)Marieen1 May 25, 2012
May 24, 2012 N Gurth or H Experimental Specimen Slicer Which one's better for Ret?Oblivion3 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Pally Nerf Dear blizz. Please give paladins a FAT nerf.Siccmc6 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Prot pally and his mastery. to much mastery? So i got a prot pally, i stack mastery>parry>dodge. Stamina just comes with gear. right now with all the buffs and items that i usually carry, i got 66% chance to block which is 27.07 mastery. When my soulshifter vortex procs, it brings me up to 104% chance to block. heres the question. Would it be pointless to stack more mastery? or maybe even reforge a bit out of mastery for somethign else? Why i ask this: 104% chance to block is well..a waste of 4%, id assume if you got 100% chance to block then you aint missing a thing. But of course if trinket doesnt proc i got only 66% chance to block. In my opinion thats still more then enough till my trinket procs. what are your thoughts? im looking for other peoples advice here. thanks in advanceFreédom7 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Haven't gone into a Cata dungeon yet, but... I've been waiting for the shaman healer I team with to get geared enough to go into Cata dungeons. But, I fear I may be a little squishy. (44k HP is a little scary when I'm used to tanking with a pool of 160k+) I originally had this post as a run-on series of stuff about my gear, but I deleted that and instead appreciate answers or insight. 1. At my level, will stacking mastery help as much as it will at 85? 2. Are there any Wrath level enchants I can buy from the trainer or Shard trader I can apply to be less squishy? (can't do Cata enchants until my gear is ilvl300+). I have Twilight Leg Armor already, just haven't applied it. Also, no Savage Armor kits, I'm working on my LW on my hunter, and he needs it.Lunchables3 May 24, 2012