Paladin

Sep 1, 2012 new minor glyphs I have to say that I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be with the new minor glyphs. For example, I have Luminous Charger and Winged Vengeance, but the effect isn't as noticeable as I would have liked. This is with full graphics settings. What do you guys think?Gearscore23 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Are you trying to make us quit the game again You have screwed prot paladins. I am doing the same dps that I was doing in WoTLK threat is nearly impossible to hold. What is the point of the beta testing and ptr when you release trash like this? I will give you till the release of MoP if it isn't fixed I am done and this time I won't be coming back to see you grew a brain. Btw I won't be tanking any randoms till then.Ardenlight14 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Double Freedom Please Remove, paladins do not deserve double freedom when they have a 50% slow which counters warriors because they also get a 20% increased speed which means they only get slows 30% from warriors but we eat 40% this is completely unfair and unjust in PVPOmen5 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Holy shock bug? No not complaining about my amazing crits, or anything like that. Just noticed tonight in a pug group I was healing away as usual, throwing out a little *smirks* dps as I went. I decided to throw one of our dps party members a quick heal from holy shock and... it didn't quite work out how I intended. I one shot her. My holy shock heal, did shock her, but not the way I was hoping. Has this happened to anyone else? It's the first and only time I have seen it. She wasn't MC'd or anything either, just woking on some trash mobs with me then I kinda.. blew her up..Tikàl1 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Any good mace transmogs? I am switching out my cataclysmic sword to the mace and i wanted to know is there any good maces i could earn that look good for transmog?Ezie3 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Dumb glyph request :D Just a dumb request but I know you pallies will like it... Glyph of Speed of Light Speed of Light lasts 30 seconds and has a 5 minute cooldown, but while activated, the game's soundtrack will play this music instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNXAG2sHxpY Enjoy!Lewshic2 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Recount displaying absorbs oddly since 5.0.4 recount has been displaying absorbs ( mastery and sacred shield) rather oddly. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/38395743.png/ anyone else getting this?Thanatòs0 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Let us pray. Lets be honest here, shockadin is pretty crazy right now, i have seen holy pallies queing up as dps in dungeons. They have crazy damage at the moment. I can understand the need for damage for questing, but not this much. Lets pray that Blizz nerfs it without affecting our healing. I dont want out healing to go down because they need to nerf our damage. I rather stay a healing spec than a dps spec.Amishjello8 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 BUG - 4 Piece Prot Teir Bonus i posted this on the bug forum and have gotten like zero looks except for myself checking on it , currently our devotion aura is not benefitting from our prot 4 piece bonus , cooldown of devotion aura is still 3 min with 4 pieces of prot teir equipped. i verified it to make sure it wasnt just a tool tip not being updated issue by simply timing the cooldown which is deff still at the same 3 min as without the 4 pieces of prot teir gear so lets hope we can make some noise here and get this hotfixedMhalix0 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Hammer of Justice as a holy paladin **FROM A PVP PERSPECTIVE** Now that holy paladins do not have the talent that converts spirit -> overall hit, I find myself missing a bunch of HoJs. Is this intended? Well... technically Hammer of Justice is a spell, right? It is ranged(10 yards) and places a *magical* debuff on a target. So why would holy paladins need to reforge to melee hit come MoP? Only thing that reminds me of this is resto shamans NOT going for hit cap simply because of hex (which would be our case as a holy paladin with HoJ). Or disc priests going for hit cap because of mass dispel & mindspike. Weird part is that I currently have EXACTLY 16% SPELL hit, so I'm ok with judgements/denounce/offensive holy shocks. Speaking of that 16% spell hit, I have no idea why I have it o.O (only thing I can think of is the passive "Holy Insight") Unless HoJ has always been considered a "melee" attack, I don't see the reason over going for melee hit cap. Makes no sense to me >.< maybe blizzard didn't realize this? If someone could clear this up plz do so! thanks in advanceQtlolz2 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Plate specialization gone? So I was paging through my spellbook today on my paladin, and for the life of me I can not find Plate Specialization. I have it on my warrior, and I have the corresponding skill (leather specialization, mail specialization, nethermancy, etc...) on every other character I've bothered to check. Am I just going nuts, or are paladins supposed to use any type of armor they please?Frethon12 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Paladin mount question With mounts now being account wide, I was curious if a person who may have multiple paladins on the same faction (for example, one Draenei and one Human) would share their mounts between these paladins? Or do the paladin mounts just convert to the particular ones that go with your race? I suspect that this would be the case, but I wanted to come find out for sure.Varganskuola2 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 PvP Healing Stealth Nerf? Hello everyone, was playing my alt paladin this morning and noticed that in BGs my healing seemed to be a significant amount lower than previous days. http://imgur.com/a/qv2YI As you can see, my Holy Shocks out of BGs were going for around 20k, and Divine lights were around 33-35k. In the 2nd screenshot, I am in a Isle of Conquest, and Holy shocks are going for 13-14k, and Divine Lights are around 25-26k. Forgive me if I missed some newly released notes and this is old information, but I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else is having similar results.Sugarpig5 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 My take on ret damage... ok, so short version ive played wow since about a month or 2 before wrath dropped. my paladin was the 2nd toon i ever made, the first being a mage that i haven't touched since wrath. so i really like my paladin. from wrath to cata i didnt really liking the changes made, but got used to them. now from cata to mists im happy with the over all changes... but my thoughts... ive ran several dungeons and everything else (i have no interest in pvp so im talking strictly pve here) my burst damage is a bit stupidly high..im talking 45-50k stupid high...thats with wings guardian of ancient kings and few lucky dp procs..but i top everyone else by alot...now prepatch maybe 30..32k with the same cd used on the same bosses seems a bit unbalanced...now my sustained damage seems to took a big hit i was doing maybe 22kish dps on single target in 5 mans..now im only pulling 18,500..more or less ive reforged gear to reflect new changes and im doing my rotation correctly installed clcret and dps is the same with or without it helping me.. sooo i think im doing it correctly..i like the aoe changes as well but again dps seems to be crap..like 13k range(prepatch: dont really remember but i think in the 18-19k range...still underwhelming) im doing the same rotation as single target accept HOR in place of cs and divine storm in place of tv and seal of righteous in place of seal of truth then when its back down to 2 targets or less switch back to normal single target rotation...am i doin it correct? if soo seems like the nurf bat hit us a bit to hard..Cárnik6 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Dodge cap? The main tank in my guild was saying that dodge has a cap of 16% now. I was wondering what the optimal reforges/gems are now for my own pallyShadwphoenix6 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Righteous Fury still necessary? With all the changes and passive abilities / buffs being rolled into specializations, I have to wonder, Why is Righteous Fury still a castable buff for a protection paladin? If we are specced protection, it isn't like we're ever NOT going to be actively tanking or trying to maintain aggro. We don't have other stances, forms, or presences to be swapping to, so it seems like this could have easily been rolled into a passive ability. I know in the scheme of things this is minor, but I have to wonder if it was intentional by design. Does any prot pally out there have a situation or reason for not using righteous fury? I know there have been encounters where I could remove the buff to let a secondary tank pass me in threat, but hand of salvation covers the same base, right?Talidar4 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Ret PVE Stats for lvl 85s for 5.0.4 Now that haste lowers cds on our main abilities is it the secondary stat we should be stacking? Or is mastery still the stat to go for? Thanks in advance.Exodor0 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Leveling question: i have a few pieces of the agility leather heirlooms (shoulder, cloak, chest). will it really matter if i level with them over mail/plate until 75-80+ ? i plan to level predominately via questing. thanks.Hallman4 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Illumination bugged? Anyone else having this not returning 1000 mana?Meladee2 Sep 1, 2012
Sep 1, 2012 Let us pray... And give thanks for the OPness we Holy Pals have been blessed with by the almighty Blizz. Let the pvp rogues continue to QQ. Amen!Mammarymilk1 Sep 1, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Should I transmog this item? I have a Replica Helm of Heroism that I have yet to equip. Should I equip it and mog it? Do you think it would go good with my current transmog? I am reluctant because of the price of the helmet. So it would be great to hear what others opinions are on this matter.Khúnõyster1 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Human Male Templar's Verdict. Really? Can I get a pink tutu also?Rolla1 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Ret damage a joke--thanks Blizz Have been running BGS and have Miks Scrolling Battle text set to have damage only show when it exceeds 4K. Since MOP nearly half my attacks are so low on the damage scale that they dont even meet the 4K threshold to show up. I have gone from 3-4th in damage to nearly last among DPS. Also, my killing blows used to average between 10-20 per BG and Now I'm lucky to get 3-5 per BG. Every class in the game has a DPS spec and it I wanted to be a healer I would roll Holy. Regardless of the changes we will have no place in RBGs nor will anyone want us. Now Ghostcrawler can rip Rets and make jokes about us as he usually does at the WOW convention. He needs to find another job for his life's workAgincourt44 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Will Paladin healing be good in RBG/Arena? Hi all . I am heavily considering coming back to paladin. This xpac I believe that PvP will be much more important to me than previous ones [however PvE is still important!] If I went paladin I would prob prefer to go healing [but also is ret going to be good at 90?] RBGs and Random bgs are most important to me, but arena would be nice too. I know we are not 90 yet but more experienced players like yourselves surely can make a general guess of experience.Phobot3 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Old content buffed or prot nerfed a bit? Last week I was able to solo Void Reaver in TK extremely easily. By the end of the fight I was at full health still. This week, I found I was resorted to kiting him (I needed to stay out of the AE to heal myself, because the seal wasnt keeping up) and after 12 1/2 min, I finally died. VR still had about 850k hp remaining. (my avatar is showing my healing gear, but I am in mostly 397 except for boots and hat.) So before the patch, I just stood toe to toe. This time, it wasnt working.Sivil5 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Holy > Prot and ret for questing now? Since Holy is presently doing ridiculous damage does it now outdo the other specs in leveling speed?Ltfailbot0 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Is there any reason why... A Heroic DS geared pally would ragequit a NORMAL DS run? he kept talking about how his mana ran out on the first boss and that never happened. and he lsot mana so quicklyFajin6 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Lvl85 Shockadin Quick Questions. Is Shockadin a viable way to dps or PVP at 85? How much dps? How well in PVP? Is it as fun as it is at low levels? What is your rotation or do you not have one? Thanks.Majere11 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 everyone calm down about holy pallys remember how before WOTLK came out the pre patch made mages OP as nuts. Same thing here. Wait till 90 then freak out.Durnbe4 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 2 years off... need some info please 1. What is the highest level of plate armor that can be purchased with money (crafted) ? 2. Is it worth buying to get at least adequately geared (is it adequate?) for MoP? 3. Is there anything that is a must do since ive been gone 2 years? quit not long after cata came out. 4. is there a list somewhere of this gear? ive been gone so long i dont know where to look. Im on azgalor so if you want to help me out making it, let me know. thanks take care allThegodfodder4 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Possible Duo Raid Instances (patch 5.0.4) I am a Ret pally (380 ilevel) and my friend is melee dps/tank. I was wondering which BC and WotLK raid instances will be possible and impossible for us to duo. I was hoping that 5.0.4 made some encounters easier to handle. Thanks.Sprocketizle5 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Anyone messed with PvP power gems as Ret? Just curious as PvP power boosts both damage to other players and healing in PvP zones. I see other classes doing it so I'm just wondering if it makes much of a DPS difference at all for Ret.Lawlbringer1 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Are you serious? Holy vs Ret! I won't even get into statistics, and I already know there's been a vast number of threads on this topic. As one who doesn't usually beat a dead horse, I find myself raging to post this, just to get it out. The number of freaking paladins on my server is crazy. This is my second ret paladin I have made. I have another 85 on a different account, so being in love with it, I made a new one come patch day. Now, holy slipped by me, I didn't become aware of what Holy Shock could do at 85, let alone at 15! There are SO MANY paladins running around now, I feel so typical. I hate seeing other people with the same class as me, as a good amount of people do, but especially when I join BG's or Dungeons and I see 5/10 paladins, or 3/5 paladins holy shocking their brains out. Literally, Ret is a fun spec, but it needs more! A HEALING spec is doing more damage than the DPS spec. As holy, they can already heal better than almost any class right now, and then you give them the damage to exceed the paladins dps spec?! A 6 second cool down after I have done 3 wsg's today and have been crit from 700-1023 on almost each one, from 23232323 paladins?! This had better be fixed tuesday or I'm getting the hell away from this game. Holy !@#$.Mournic13 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Another thread whining about Ret Damage I did more DPS as Prot last night than I did in Ret during my DS run. I'm willing to admit that it could be that DP is just so amazing with Sheild of the Righteous though. Chrodin, please make fun of me.Somnar4 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Protection Paladin Nerfs 5.0.4! I was testing prot paladins these few days (since 5.0.4) and I found out that they've gotten huge nerfs. HotR and CS do NO damage now! Its hard to keep aggro when you are doing no damage with your main abilities. I do like Consecration and Holy Wrath buffs, but the damage on HotR and CS is stupid. Blizz even got rid of the Sacred Duty proc, and they also nerfed SotR's damage. They've also removed Holy Shield spell, my personal favorite prot paladin defensive CD. Also Vengeance is too weak now. In 5 mans. you have to constantly pull so that you wont lose your Vengeance buff, and if you do. your threat is pretty much screwed. I really miss cata paladins and I pray to God Blizzard does something about this!Zuss5 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 New Seals = buff icon? Is there no icon in the buff bar for the new seals?Tyrus4 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Plate specialization - removed? I'm level 50 but I can't find plate specialization on my spell book (the thing that give you %stats if you only wear plate. Was it removed?Healeuse2 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Constructive Shockadin Feedback There is a lot of threads on here about Holy dps after patch 5.0.4 Many are low level QQ (some warranted), and other's are talking about it's potential. What I'd like to see start happen is some constructive conversations about it. Did Blizz drop the ball? Is this finally a means for Holy paladins to run solo content and level up? What needs nerfed, fixed etc.? I know some of you will say 'Nerf it into the ground, stop dreaming.' But really, in my opinion, it just needs balanced. It's a very fun alternative for some of us that have been stuck in the back tossing holy light for 7 years.Tairran22 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Hit/Exp vs Par/Doge vs Mastery Hi, just wondering if there is a balanced writeup about the recent changes. I only recently started tanking and now with these changes I am feeling very lost. Reading up on several websites shows that there is an almost 50/50 split amongst players on what stats to reforge/gem to and it's a bit confusing. I removed all my reforge stats and I am waiting to re-gem until I know if our damage output has higher priority than balancing our dodge/parry. Anyone care to shed some light (No pun intended) on the changes and how they changed our playstyles? I need more coffee before I can really think about it myself...Geistprophet2 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Rightous Defense Alright, so maybe I'm just stupid and I'm missing it or something, but did blizzard remove that spell from us? If so, why? I mean, Every single other tank has at least two taunts in some form. Bears and Warriors have A taunt and an AoE taunt. DK's Have DG and Dark Command But for some reason, now I only seem to have this one taunt on an 8 second cool down. Now, I can work with that. I can function without it, but my god it makes it hard to do certain raid encounter fights. Like Beth'tilac for example. Or heaven forbid the drakes before Ultraxion.Zeìk3 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Ret feels good, thank you. I feel like I owe it to Blizz to come and post this because I was one of those Paladins seething with hate on these forums on 4.0 and early Cata. Begrudgingly, I gave it until 85 heroics to let Blizz try and sell me on the new Ret, but to no avail. For me the playstyle was not engaging and the Holy Power concept was not interesting. The threat we generated for our DPS output was frustrating. The constant band-aids applied to Ret during early Cata felt like the spec was all but left by the wayside. Ret now feels good, it feels fun and engaging. The toolbox combined with the talent and glyph in/out system is interesting. I look forward to levelling to 90 and hope to enjoy my Ret Pally during MoP. Thanks again. -ReasonReason13 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 So who here? Has transmorged to a full t2 or t7(t3 Alt Color) and ran around with Holy avenger up just to look at that sexc ash bringer sword for 18 seconds :PEmpulsive7 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Templar's Verdict sound. I feel like the sound change is just bad. It sounds wimpy now. I did not really particularly "care" for the sound TV had before. However I prefer it alot more over the current "Tink!" It just sounds too basic and weak. Any other thoughts? Agree, disagree?Kazenshini4 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Thinking about rolling Holy Paladin Hey everyone, after 5.0, i am not liking my mage anymore. Thinking about rolling a holy paladin! (DK and lock are other choices) Anyone have any tips, suggestions or thoughts? How are holy pallies atm in pvp and pve? (5.0) What exactly is a Shockadin and how are they in terms of pvp and fun?Valencino13 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 As bad as we got nerfed, never fear.... Mages got buffed....good thing too they weren't strong enough. /sarcasmOrÿx20 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 More Op :P Pallies, OP or not? :DHammersrage0 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Shockadin hit issue Recently I've noticed my holy paladin is now missing with all of my spells, which I should be hit capped for with Holy Insight, is anyone else finding this problem?Notaslave0 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 Harsh Words Does Word of Glory double dip benefits from Avenging Wrath when used with Harsh Words?Sunfire2 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 clc prot? any news on clc prot addon?Stonecogs3 Aug 31, 2012
Aug 31, 2012 The Great Debate I can't decide if I want to Purge my warrior, and remake a Paladin. No, it's not for the amazing power from low level BGs and etc. etc... currently. I'm mainly a tank at heart, and I really enjoy the flashiness and defensive mechanics behind a Paladin... but at the same time I enjoy PvPing alongside PvE so it's really driving me a bit nuts on deciding. Any suggestions or thoughts?Lightrod3 Aug 31, 2012