Paladin

Nov 24, 2012 First time pally PVP player - questions Hey folks, Just some questions on PVP from folks that have decent experience. For RBG/BGs - 1) What typical spells are you using? Is fol used much? Seems like I go super OOM with this. 2) Beacon of light and eternal flame seem to be the most used. How does BOL work and what's the best way to use it? 3) Is holy light still everyone's staple heal spell? For Arena - 1) What's the staple hard cast spell being used at the moment? Is it still common to use flash of light/holy light or has the game changed to support different healing styles? Thanks! Just looking for overall advice and how often folks are using some of those mana intensive casts. Seems like I'm going OOM fast in normal BGs, but I guess spamming flash of light on targets getting trained by 2-3 or weaker geared allies will do that. Probably better to understand cooldown management.Etherion4 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 MAJOR problem need help When I pop my GoAK it's NOT there for the full 30 seconds, I doubt it's even there for 10 seconds. It's annoying. Why is it leaving me? I really have no idea what could cause this. All the add-ons I use incase there are any known issues: AtlasLoot Bartender4 Battleground Targets ButtonFacade Chatter Deadly Boss Mods ErrorFilter GatherMate2 GladiatorlosSA Gladius 5 Lose Control Masque MoveAnything OmniCC Quartz Recount Tidyplates Thanks in advance.Sagalar5 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Seal juggling effective? So, as a DPS I've always been wondering if seal juggling is effective. Do you get a DPS Gain to justfity using a GCD to switch seals? I've always been thinking of using Seal of Truth up to 5 stacks of Censure and then switching to Seal of Justice and then occasionally switching to Seal of Truth to reset the 5 stacks of censure and back to Seal of Justice. Do you lose DPS because of the GCD you're using or would it actually help?Dimoxyde3 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Retribution needs more Glyphs (see useful) Disclaimer: I actually meant to post this here, however in my distracted nature I posted it by mistake in the damage dealing section. Considering this thread was all but ignore there, I am reposting it to the community that would care. (IE: You) ----------------------------------ORIGINAL THREAD---------------------------------- Total applicable glyphs: Retribution: 7 Protection: 16 Holy: 17 Retribution Glyphs: (Count: 4) Glyph of Divine Storm Glyph of Inquisition Glyph of Mass Exorcism Glyph of Templar's Verdict Protection Glyphs: (Count: 6) Glyph of Dazing Shield Glyph of Consecration Glyph of Final Wrath Glyph of Focused Shield Glyph of Holy Wrath Glyph of the Alabaster Shield Holy Glyphs: (Count: 6) Glyph of Denounce Glyph of Divine Plea Glyph of Beacon of Light Glyph of Holy Shock Glyph of Illumination Glyph of Light of Dawn General Use Glyphs (at least 2 specs usable): (Orientation: H: 5 - P: 4 - R: 1) Glyph of Avenging Wrath Glyph of Blessed Life - (more prot and holy oriented) Glyph of Blinding Light Glyph of Divine Protection Glyph of Divinity - (holy oriented.) Glyph of Double Jeopardy - (retribution oriented.) Glyph of Flash of Light - (holy oriented.) Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous - (protection oriented.) Glyph of Harsh Words - (holy oriented.) Glyph of Immediate Truth - (if anything, protection oriented.) Glyph of Protector of the Innocent - (Holy oriented.) Glyph of Rebuke Glyph of Turn Evil Glyph of Word of Glory Glyph of the Battle Healer - (protection oriented) My opinion regarding this aspect, Retribution is left with a lot to be desired along the avenues of Glyphs. I realize Blizzard doesn't want to make the "You have to Glyph X for max performance", however I think they've gone the wrong way where we're actually sitting at "Don't Glyph X or you'll significantly decrease your performance". This is entirely different than the other two spec's where you can making meaningful and interesting combinations and changes with a plethora of options.Yarko19 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Light up the battlefield! OK guys, I want everyone and there mothers to know I'm coming! I like how the light bounces of my helmet from my shoulders, and my bright hammer, I want some brighter, bigger hands and boots, any suggestions?Ezrack9 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Aoe ret DMG Hey fellow pallies. I recently began raiding more often and I had a question concerning aoe on trash. My dps is low compared to other classes and was seeking tips on how to improve. 3mobs - seal of righteousness and TV at full holy power? Or seal of truth and TV? 5+ mobs - seal of righteousness and TV? Please let me know your opinion in a short detailed response. Also What do you find most effective in different scenarios ( throw one out there for example)? All input is appreciated. Thanks, ZZheke21 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Seal Icon Issue with RealUI Anybody familiar with the RealUI interface to help me out? For the life of me i can't figure out why it keeps showing the Seal buff icon in the middle of the screen even after choosing Seal of Truth. An icon for Kings appears as well but once i use Kings it will go away. Anyone know how to solve this issue?Tríggy2 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Struggling to survive. WTF? Ok maybe I just suck at this class but I need some help. I'm having the hardest time just keeping myself alive while questing, I don't get it pallies can't be this fragile while leveling up can they? One enemy is half my health or more, 2 enemies i'm dead if I'm not popping word of glory on myself with 3 holy power every time I have it. I am keeping Seal of Truth of Blessing of Might up I'm rotating with judgement:CS:EX to build holy power as they become available and TV when I have holy power if I don't have to blow it to heal myself. Keeping sacred shield and inquisition up yet i'm still constantly struggling just to stay alive....please help :(Eleos17 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Holy Pally PVP question. So, I've been extensively pvping with my holy pally, finally getting some conquest gear but first I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing, I'm mostly confused about the stats priority. I've heard Mastery is important but certain guides put it dead last, so am I doing the right thing by reforging into Mastery or not? So far I've been going something like Int < Mastery =< Spirit < Critical < Haste, on the gear I buy and how I reforge, am I doing it wrong?Dimoxyde5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Need help with macro #showtooltip Divine Light /cast !Beacon of Light /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Divine Light; Divine Light I want this so when I want to divine light someone it applies Beacon of Light on them, but if Beacon is on CD it will just jump over to Divine Light with no lag. The mouseover part is fine right now, just need help with the above.Terrorized1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Open Libram LVI: Neon Knights ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004344174 Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Paladin Social Networking: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ My Little Ponydins by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png "Maid" by the Light by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/7zB4K.jpg "Bunny" Chaz by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/IokKV.png Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHAGrôgnárd500 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Haste Tanking I haven't seen much about this in any forums so I thought I'd post something. I heard some rumors about this, and being main spec ret, I had lots of haste gear so I thought I'd give it a try and I have been having quite a bit of success. This may seem off the wall crazy but using a stat priority of the following is viable: Str > Hit to cap > Exp to cap (hard if possible but soft isn't terrible) > HASTE > mastery Completely ignore dodge and parry try not to have any gear with them, but obviously take them over crit. The basic idea behind this is that you maximize you HP generation, and thus SoTR buff uptime, and dps. Using this method, your optimal gems and glyphs are: 320 Haste for yellow slots 160 Haste / 160 Hit for blut slots 160 Expertise / 160 Haste or 320 Expertise for red slots Glyph of the Alabaster Shield Glyph of the Battle Healer Glyph of Divine Protection depending on the fight you may switch out Divine Protection (eg holy wrath on Elegon) Now with Glyph of the Battle Healer, obviously you use seal of insight. Now this may seem retarded but because the heal from seal of insight scales with vengeance you put out some large heals, and with all that haste you do it very frequently and to everyone within 30 yards. I am able to effectively tank almost all heroic dungeon trash WITHOUT a healer and keep the whole group up if I tank conservatively. But who likes tanking conservatively anyway. with this spec and these glyphs I can pull bat !@#$ crazy aoe pulls. For example in Shado Pan Monastery I pull the entire first room, and do an easy 120k dps AND 20-30k hps. And that is only in dungeons where there is a vengeance cap. Take that to a raid and my heals just get bigger and more badass. This is a really fun and surprisingly viable tanking method and it allows for ret pallys to very easily act as a fill-in tank if a main tank is absent or late. That being said if you mess up your rotation or positioning and are at any point not generating HP bad things will happen to good people.Rystia1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 The Apple Paladin... Thought my fellow pallies might get a kick out of this. Apple made a prototype computer called The Paladin. Aparently it was an all-in-one computer that was intended to fill fill multiple roles. LoL http://www.macworld.com/article/2015145/the-unusual-world-of-mac-prototypes.html#lsrc.fb_mwLucious0 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 5.0.4 the Patch the Saved Ret To start I know saying "5.0.4 the Patch the Saved Ret" is a huge claim but hear me out. I have been hearing two things from our community and both come from a fundamentle lack of understanding on what a Ret Pali is. 1. "Our burst is gone were a dps class with no teeth" 2. "Nerf Rets heals, they shouldn't be able to spam WOG" Ret is not a dps class... It's just not... We are a support class, ment to work in and around others. Once you understand that part the rest is fairly simple. Holy Power is our resouce and we can spend it to either dps or heal. Its a limited resouce thats spent one direction or the other. Now take a 30k dps baseline and lets say we need to heal, that dps will drop in scale with out heals.... So that said if im doing 30k hps I will be doing 0 dps and if im doing 30k dps i will be doing 0hps. You dont get both, but thats the beauty of Ret, I can do 15k dps and 15k hps at the same time allowing others to live a few extra seconds and giving the healers a little support. As for the new talents...I pvp with my Ret and find the new talents exactly what was missing from our toolbox. We have a snare now!!!! thank baby jesus :) I wont ramble but thank you blizzard for actually making this class viable again in pvp and enjoyable in general and please review all data before dropping the nerf hammer of doom on us becuase of a few cry babies who dont understand the concpet of a support class.Titanborn38 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 PvE Ret? So I have the honor to be able to play Ret in my raid group again (First time since BC). So far i seem to be noticing that Ret's ablility to dps is entirely based on CD management. Our straight walk up and Swing at the boss and maintain a perfect priority seems very very low I am seeing roughly 30-35k so I just want to ask am I doing something wrong or are my suspicions correct? We are still entirely CD based. I am just wondering because after the CD's are popped I seem to fall to the bottom of the list very very quickly and I am trying to decide if my "Utility" is worth a not bringing another toon that can maintain the higher dps.Zendragon11 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Why aren't there night elf paladins? Seriously, why. Lore reasons first: Humans did not always have paladins...they had priests and warriors, and they combined the disciplines for essentially war necessity. There is no reason for Night Elves to not be able to do this same thing. Night Elves most certainly have both priests and warriors, and they have every reason to have religious warriors who fight in the name of the Light, aka their Goddess. Because....THEY ALREADY DO. Blizzard has also PROVEN that paladins do not need to all be the same "type" of paladin, or express themselves as paladins in the same way. A Sunwalker Tauren is MUCH different from a Draenei Paladin. Draenei serve the Light via the Naaru, and they have been serving the Light since way before they even came to Azeroth. They're !@#$ing aliens. Of course their faith is different. Same goes for humans. Humans' philosophy of the "Light" is different from both of those. The Night Elves also serve the Light via Elune...why is this different to the point that they can be holy priests but cannot be paladins? It can't be the fact that the Night Elves are too ancient and stubborn to adapt to new ways. Know why? The Night Elves have not only allowed the Highborne to train them as ARCANE MAGES recently, but from the start of WoW, they have been straining against their very nature to fit in with their allies' schedules. Aka, they're NIGHT elves. They're supposed to be nocturnal. Yet they have forced themselves to adapt to a daytime-waking schedule. How is that NOT a huge change? IN-GAME REASONS: As many people know, paladins were originally an Alliance-restricted class, whereas Shamans were for Horde. BC broke that dynamic by allowing shamans to the Alliance (via Draenei) and paladins to the Horde (Blood Elves). Blizzard has made sure to carefully maintain the balance by making sure that every time one faction gets another of the "other faction's class," the other faction does as well. What I mean by that is, when the Horde got a new, second paladin class (Tauren) the Alliance had to get a new, second shaman class (Dwarves) in order for it to stay balanced. There is currently NOT a balance of the original faction-restricted classes, though. The Horde has FOUR races that can be shamans (orc, troll, tauren, and now goblin), but the Alliance only has THREE races that can be paladins (human, dwarf, draenei) since our new Cata race, the Worgen, cannot be paladins. Therefore, it should only be fair that the Alliance should have another paladin race to compensate. Gnome/worgen paladins would be wierd as hell, but night elf paladin makes PERFECT sense purely because of what a paladin IS. I doubt this thread will get read by Blizzard, but I want to hear what others think about this. Why the hell do we NOT have nelf pallies? EDIT: Posted this on the third page, but I'm posting it again here. ... Please use the thread to talk about what the thread is actually about. Thank you **I'm adding more and more onto this post, but guys...listen. The reason I mention "faction imbalance" because of Alliance currently having less options than Horde is simple, and it's not because I'm QQing over the Horde's advantage. If people aren't aware that there is currently an imbalance that favors the Horde, they will say that it is unfair for the Alliance to gain a new paladin if the Horde doesn't. And since there is no lore for the Horde right now that would enable it to get a new paladin, that would mean no nelf pallies simply "so that Alliance doesn't get an unfair advantage." Alliance is already at a DISadvantage. Giving the Alliance something new and not giving the Horde something new would MAKE it equal, and be completely fair for that reason.**Lucitheda72 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 [prot] gear - question so my main spec is holy and i've had ret as my off-spec until recently when i decided to try prot. after reading some guides today i've learned that parry and dodge aren't as good as haste and mastery for survival. now, i have ret gear since i just switched specs... would it be a good idea to keep a lot of it? for example a ret piece with haste and mastery, or even one with say haste and crit. for example i have these two helms and am not sure which to use. Meteoric Greathelm Helm of Rising Flame the first one has crit which isn't desirable but it has haste and a lot more strength. I would assume that a piece with haste/mastery (a ret piece?) would be better for tanking than any other stat combination(?), but not quite sure on the ones that have crit. Thanks.Xuzen2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 5.1 Legendary Gem and PvP Power change. So, when PvP Power nerf hits in 5.1, is strength becoming the most valuable stat in PvP, since it seems we will only gain healing from stacking strength. Also I think we will have to swap our PvP weapons to the "Sha touched" one. Since PvP Power no longes grant healing done, and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/86386 has more weapon Damage, has 2 secondary stats (resilience is not that good anymore since everything dies so quickly), and a legendary gem slot we will have to switch to this weapon, even the raid finder one is better than the conquest one (PvP Weapon doesn't have any socket slots, and 550 extra strength is gonna buff us so much). Has anyone tested this yet in PTR?Faeria1 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Holy Paladin PvE secondary stats question Currently I'm a mastery stacking PvE paladin, and it's all working great and I do good heals in my raid group, but I was just wondering if haste or crit is a more superior stat to aim for?Noxidus2 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Hitting the Expertise Cap So I know that I have to hit 7.5% Expertise as Retribution to not be able to be dodged, but is it necessary to hit 15% so that I can't be parried either? Of course I can usually just walk behind the boss and take care of the parry issue, but in some fights (Sha of Fear for example) you are standing in front of the boss for the majority of the encounter; a situation which leads to me being able to be parried, and thus resulting in a dps loss.Dyonge3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Leveling Alright, instance grinding was AMAZING 1-70, but now after 70 instance XP seems to be #***. I've argued with many people who swear dungeon leveling 70-80 is just as good if not better then questing, how in the world do the 2 even compare?!Gorlinwulf8 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 How do you follow a paladin now in a group? So I just started playing again this week. I'm a dual boxer, and my pally is my main, with either a clothie mage or priest backing him up, but I am having a follow issue. B4 Mists, if Paladins had the passive buff that made them faster on am mount than anyone else in a group, they could just use the Crusader aura and everyone would be at the same speed. Now in mists with the Crusader aura gone and Heart of the Crusader being an automatic passive skill, my paladin is faster than my other toons. Thus, whenever anyone tries to follow my pally either by air or ground, it lasts about 5 seconds b4 the pally pulls away and the "follow" is lost. Is there anyway to counteract this?Chäotic3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Why is Ret t14 better for Tanks then prot t14 3/5 of the Ret T14 pieces; Helmet (Hit/mastery), Legs (Exp/Mastery) and Shoulders (Hit/haste) are perfectly (or at least well) itemised for Tanking, as opposed to the Prot T14, which has only one properly itemised stat, shoulders (Exp/Mastery), which is still worse than Ret shoulders if you are going the Haste build. The rest of prot T14 has no pure blends of Hit/haste/mastery/exp, only half mixes with Parry and dodge. Which sucks. Came awwwn blizzahdXothic16 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Holy 4 piece pvp bonus for raiding help? I have seen alot of feedback on using the 4 piece pvp bonus for raiding. I would like to give this a try, however I have some questions that I hope all you fantastic forum user can help me with First is the technique viable for most fights or is it purely situational? Second I am going to loose about 500 int and 1k spirit if I use the two conquest pieces with the two honor pieces. This paired with the horrible optimization of secondary stats has me concerned...does the extra holy power really make up for the loses? Lastly it is my understanding that you take the Divine Purpose talent and when it procs blanket the raid as much as possible with eternal flame. I saw somewhere where the rotation with this was holy shock, crusader strike, Fol or Divine Light on beacon, and lastly Holy Radiance if needed? is this correct? If you have any other tips about this healing style please feel free to give themTimo8 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Holy Raiding Optimization Questions I raid in an extremely casual 10 man guild. Due to attendance problems we've yet to really get going this tier, but are looking to in the next few weeks. I'm looking to squeeze out every last drop of healing I can. I've got a few fairly detailed questions for more skilled hpals. Wall of Text of detailed questions incoming. Big questions are the glyphs. Talents I've been running with SS for ages, but it seems EF is more popular. I switched over yesterday, no complaints. Not as fun in 5 mans, but I like it. Any tips for optimizing use? 3 HP EFs exclusively vs blanketing with 1 or 2 HP ones in particular. I'm currently using Unbreakable Spirit, and have no clue if I should be using that or Clemency. I've been using Lights Hammer. I think I may need to switch to Holy Prism because of being 10 man, but I dislike its short cool down. Glyphs Flash of Light is obviously really popular. I just took it recently. How often should I be using FoL vs other spells to get use of it? I used to nearly never use it due to mana concerns. Divine Plea is one I really like. Don't see any evidence that this is bad Divinity seems good if I stick with US talent. Not sure if its worth it without it. Beacon of Light is apparently popular. I heard something about using this with holy light to raid heal to conserve mana. Sounds like it could offset FoL mana hogging. Anyone able to explain? Illumination seems like it could be useful, but (I think?) I need the 4 piece to make it worth it. Again, explanation would be great. Battle Healer and Protector of the Innocent both seem negligible to me, though I do melee for mana already so perhaps BH is worth it? Obscure things It only recently occured to me that a HoSalv/DivProt macro could me helpful for people standing in crap. Are there any other obscure things like this that I could be missing?Walaman3 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Who else is excited for White Tiger armor? I can't wait to be a White Tiger(Power Ranger)! So cool! I'm pretty dang excited about it! :-D Is it just me who likes it? I hear some people saying they're going to transmog it... what blasphemy! /rawr /meow /hairflipRulon22 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 23, 2012 Greatsword of the Sunwalker Can I get the quest for Greatsword of the Sunwalker after faction change, if I did the alliance version quest already before hand?Bahmung5 Nov 23, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Lawbringer RNG Another week, another Molten Core solo run for transmogrification gear. This week has the distinction of being my twenty-sixth in a row running for the Chestguard, Legplates and Gauntlets and twenty-six times in a row of them not dropping. Exactly six months of grinding for things with a 20-25% drop-rate. Curse you RNG!Roahin64 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Prot Aggro Issues I used to tank as a Protection Paladin during Cataclysm and had no trouble holding aggro over multiple mobs. Now it seems like with MOP, I find it very difficult to keep aggro, especially since losing Righteous Defense. What can I do to maintain more aggro?Eldin14 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 light's hammer I have noticed that while tanking in a confined space or at an angle and use "light's hammer", it does not work all that often. is this game mechanics as blizz likes to say, or just another bug. Ithe CD for the lights hammer does start its cool down as well, but no effect happened. anyone else having this problem?Mairenn7 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Holy stock does do the right damage hi im a hpally and my holy shock does 10k damage when it is supposed to do 24k. can someone help me with this? Oh and by the way im in blue geai so its not my spPreachex1 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 suggestion for Holy AoE damage If you prefer a video to a wall of text, then check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZZ1RT2_OI I'm disappointed that Blizzard isn't providing Holy paladins with some kind of workable AoE damage tools. I can say from experience: the lack of AoE damage is severely hurting the leveling experience for Holy. And this is a genuine problem, even for healers: there are solo encounters that are designed with AoE damage in mind. For instance, there's a quest in the Monastery in Jade Forest where you get zerged by countless monks with low maximum health, and the idea is that you kill them with AoE to avoid being overwhelmed. Also, there are swarms of insects around the Master's house that deal a stacking damage debuff on you, and the idea was again that you would AoE down those enemies as quickly as possible before it stacks too high and you die. But when you don't actually have any AoE damage tools that can AoE down these kinds of encounters, you're screwed. Many paladins have complained about this, and there hasn't been a peep about it from Blizzard. However, Ghostcrawler himself said: ... So---I'm bringing this up again here. I've been aiming for Blizzard to correct this issue by giving Holy paladins either Consecration or Holy Wrath or both in patch 5.0.6/7---I've been figuring that Blizzard would release a small patch to correct any bugs that have come up since the launch of Mists, and that they could easily enough sneak in a change like adding an AoE damage spell to Holy's kit in that minor patch. And I've been trying to report every bug I see in-game, from permanently evading terracotta enemies in Kun-Lai Summit to the fact that Denounce has no positional requirement, hoping that a little extra bug-reporting would help speed in patch 5.0.6, and with it, relief for us Holy paladins. But now that Blizzard is announcing the PTR for 5.1, it looks like patch 5.0.6 may not come. So I'm taking on a new aim, now: a hope that Blizzard will more thoroughly fix the issue of holy paladins having no AoE in patch 5.1. I'd like to add that I consider giving Holy back Consecration and/or Holy Wrath is something of a band-aid (though still workable as a permanent solution), but that it's also the kind of thing that can be sneaked in during patch 5.0.6. An even better long-term permanent solution would be to make the behavior of the Denounce spell depend on which seal you have active: if Seal of Righteousness is active, then Denounce deals AoE damage---either as splash damage, or as a volley of holy bolts. (This would actually make Denounce close to what it was while Blizzard was going to have Holy Wrath be Holy's main nuke.) If Seal of Truth is active, then Denounce deals more single-target damage, either through Censure (which would need to scale with spell power) or through a straight-up percentage increase. If Seal of Insight is active, then Denounce costs no mana and has a chance to restore mana on hit. (I'd like to add that mana is actually an issue for me while I'm soloing as holy, and making Seal of Insight work this way would help a great deal.) I think this Denounce+Seal solution is a better solution because it makes seals relevant for Holy, it gives Holy something it needs (AoE damage) without cluttering up our spellbars with more icons, it adds to the fun-factor by giving Holy paladins something to cast to restore mana in combat (giving us a heal-or-mana decision, much like how Telluric Currents and Power Word: Solace give shaman and priests a similar decision)---there's no downside to any of this! ...Except that it might get people's hopes up that giving Blizzard a good idea for their own class will actually make a difference for their own play experience in-game, of course ;)Longwriter19 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 I'm not wearing a dress and you can't make me Dear Paladerps. I don't like the new dress design anymore than you do. I think I have successfully found a cheap transmog to remedy this problem - please refer to my armory. The new ghost forged set dawns our signature colors (golden glory) and looks really nice on the battlefield. Please share your non battledress ideas!Invincible10 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 LF Holy Stat Weights for askmrrobot/rawr Can someone point me to a post where I can find the current stat weights for intellect, spirit, mastery, haste, crit. I know which is more important than the other, but I'm trying to plan out gear needs and cannot locate the actual numbers despite multiple searches. Thanks in advance for your help.Evannder12 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Question about Ret CD's Is it better to wait for AW and GotAK both to come off CD or should I just use AW as soon as it's ready?Maze5 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Is prot pvp viable? Just give me the down and dirty before I get to 90 and experience a lot of heart ache. From what I read, "the damage isn't there." Are these folks talking about sustained or burst? Does the supplemental healing and survivability not factor in? Also, I'm talking more for RBGs than in the arena. I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and switch to ret and get used to playing it before 90. Thanks!!!Robfury12 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Paladin Gap Closer (musings of a bored pally) Echo's [Echoes?] of the Valiant 8 - 25 yd range internal 20 sec cooldown Requires Paladin Requires level X Upon exiting melee range, the Valiant form of the Paladin remains for X seconds, allowing the Paladin to continue to perform abilities on the target as if he/she were still in melee range. ********************** Honestly, just kind of wasting my time on this I know. More of a Gap "Negation" rather than a gap closer. Kind of figured with Warriors/Druids Charging, Monks Rolling, DK's Pulling, Paladins could use something kind of 'unique unto it's own'.Yarko42 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Hey fellow Pallys! Just wanted to drop by and show you guys my new youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AbsoluteWoWDerp?feature=mhee On this channel I already have up some Holy Pally arena videos and I plan on uploading specing tutorials, battleground videos, and Gemming/Reforging tutorials! Along with some funny videos just for derps ^_^ Feel free to subscribe! Feel free to hate on me if you think i'm a noob! Thanks guys :)Aßsolutely0 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Paladin Changes 5.1 -Paladin- Turn Evil is now effective against Aberrations. Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds. Holy Paladin: The 4 piece bonus now reduces Holy Shock's cooldown by 2 seconds, up from 1 second. Retribution Paladin: The 4 piece bonus now reduces Avenging Wrath’s cooldown by 65 seconds, down from 85 seconds. Thank you Blizz! That's all I ever really wanted.Idante20 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Drink IRL vs SotR uptime I drink a lot, some would say too much, but I’m in a comfortable place. Also, I want the best out of my pally while tanking. I see the pure logic and maths in hit/exp cap > haste> mastery. Control, manage your HoPo, use ShoR when needed and maintain uptime as long as you can. Before you look at my armory, I logged in heal set and haven’t killed any boss in MV normal so feel free to abuse me, call me names and tell me I suck. Its a guild issue, story for another day. I have been heading down the optimum tank stats as theory crafting explains, at about 12-14% exp atm in my VP and Heroic dungeon gear. But, I have had a change of heart. Being a drunk I have to spend too much time and brainpower managing HoPo, worrying about mechanics, crap players and undergeared healers to tank to optimum level. My new theory, which I will spend time re-forging and re-gemming is Hit/exp to about 5-7% each (negotiable) > mastery > dodge/parry > Stamina I want to smash out so much mastery that I get like 50% block which is passive mitigation compared to SotR, sure I will still have some SotR uptime, but I will also avoid a lot of incoming damage. This way I can drink and still be a great tank when I pass out on my key board. Anyone think this would be a good path for me to choose?Slabovic6 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Holy Pallies have no AoE? Am I missing something, or do I not have any AoE anymore? I don't have holy wrath and I don't have concecration, heck, I don't even have retribution aura anymore. All the other classes and specces get to run low level dungeons and have a grand time AoE looting stuff they AoE killed. I'm stuck judging, shocking, and denouncing (I think that was the spell?) Or am I blind and we do have an AoE and I just can't see it?Taedran54 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Paladin Tier 14 Models Has there been any word on why the in game Paladin tier 14 models don't match each other? The chest, gloves, and legs are DS. The helm and shoulders don't match the rest.Sero4 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Orc Pally Race Who wants to see Orcs able to be pallies? I do! If a Undead can be a Monk then Orcs should be able to be pallies.Shblanka15 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Glitch, Hotfix, Or... I was doing my dailies today when I my Templar's Verdict crit for 130k. I didn't have Synapse Springs, a trinket, Wings, anything up. My crits with it usually look more like 60-80k without buffs. I checked and nothing proc'd. I'm not really sure where this massive damage came up. I moved to a different zone and the same thing happened. I can't for the life of me figure out why my damage is so much higher all of a sudden. Anyone notice anything similar?Roahin5 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Holy Healing Pal-man! Okay, the last time I healed was on a shammy pre-WotLK. I recently dumped my prot/ret spec for prot/holy cause I missed healing. But I seem to recall that if I had the tank targeted, I could hit "F", target his target, get off a spell, then hit "F" again to go back to the tank (since the mob should be targeting the tank if everyone is doing their job). But lately this has not been working. I know about F1, F2, etc. but I always liked having just one key (admittedly the function keys aren't exactly complex). I'm just wondering two things: 1) Is this working as intended? 2) What other ways do you used to juggle all the different targeting you have to do (tabbing is much easier as a tank)? Keep in mind that when I instance I nearly always only heal the tank, if there is down time between pulls I might refresh a Lock, but I try to give all my mana to the tank. My feeling is if they pull it off the tank, its their problem (usually I notice this only happens with overgeared farmers-in which case they're not really in any danger anyways) and they need to learn how to adjust their DPS. Not everything is a burnfest. Wow talk about tangents......sorry.Antadin4 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Ret PvP concerns (not whining, just curious) Recently came back to the game, and although I've never really done arena or RBG's, I used to random queue PvP pretty much all the time in Cata. I feel like I did pretty well, and enjoyed the off healing and high CD burst damage, and it generally seemed like I was pretty tough to kill. Anyways, hit 90, crafted myself the Contender's set, and started the grind for better gear. My experience has been frustrating, to say the least, I feel like I hardly hit anyone for any decent amount of damage, even with AW up, and my self heals and off heals seem weak as hell. So, my question for the PvP Rets out there is basically if my bad experience is because I haven't shaken all the rust that came from months of absence off, it gets better when I get better gear, the playstyle has changed somewhat since Cata, some combination of all of this, or just something else. I love my ret, it's the only character I've played fore more than 30 levels since I started playing in Wrath, and it's not like I'm going to jump ship now just because of some bad times the last few weeks, just need to know if it's always going to be an uphill battle, or I need to fix something, either l2p, get better gear, etc. Sorry if it was a bit too long, thanks in advance.Retallica4 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Holy Avenger glow in PvP What do you think the chances are that we'll someday get a glyph to remove this CC magnet? It's already pretty obvious that maybe CC would be a good idea when we sprout big golden wings, let alone turning bright red and automagically calling upon the Ashbringer. I know plenty of people swear by DP but I personally prefer the burst of HA, and it's rather annoying that it's such a blatantly obvious cd. I think that if we could glyph to remove the glow and *gasp* Ashbringer animation our quality of life in pvp would be much better. Having wings not able to be stolen is awesome, and with such a powerful cd I suppose it's only fair that it's pretty eye-catching, but when used in conjunction with HA it's just such a hindrance to stick out like a sore thumb. I suppose resto druids probably feel the same way about tree form, and as enormously unlikely as it is that either class would ever receive such a glyph it's nice to dream about. So what do you do to minimize the risk of being when you use cd's in pvp, and are there any circumstances when you'd rather not use them than be targeted for chain cc?Paladius3 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Judgement The ability simply isn't working... Was working before the servers went down like usual, now it's not.Hydra2 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 r they nerfin pvp power healin? for retsAdeèn14 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 5.0.4 Clcret rotation? I was wondering, for the people who use clcret, what their rotation is in the rotation option. I've tried many different sequences, but everything I try I still seem to be running into a CD problem. I will have to wait 3-5 seconds for an option or ability to show up. I'm using Harsh Words ATM to fill the CD. The CD is usually with judgment and CS. Does anyone have a rotation, and if so, can you post it on here where there is no CD issue. Thanks.Kfx15 Nov 21, 2012