Paladin

Aug 29, 2012 Glyph of Mass Exorcism, 5.0.4 Is this in game yet? I had all of the pally glyphs but can't find this anywhere.Riraa3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Paladin: Where do I go from here? Hello Everyone, I'm not new to the class, but I am relatively new to retribution since I was a protection pally from the start and became retribution in Cataclysm because I decided tanking was far too confusing for me. I liked retribution, it was fun. Now I haven't the slightest clue as what to do in this game anymore. I'm not very social in the game, so I don't really know all the spell abbreviations (like CD; personally I thought that meant compact disk) and I can guess that WoG is Word of Glory (correct me if I'm wrong). But, I'm not entirely sure what everyone means by "we [retribution paladins] have gained more mobility." What do you mean by "mobility"? I know the word means the ability to move, but I don't understand how that applies to casting spells in a game. This game has changed so much that I don't even know how to play it anymore. I don't do dungeons or battlegrounds, I only ever played this game because I liked the story line. I could care less about guilds and all that, but with all these new changes, I don't know what to do. I don't know how my spec works, or any other paladin spec for that matter. I used to, but then Blizzard changed everything beyond my recognition. So, the bottom line: knowing this, where do I go from here? Oh, and on a side note, if you think I'm stupid because I don't know how fictitious spells work in a fictitious game, then please don't bother posting: I'm here for guidance not ridicule. Kind Regards, GuywinGuywin1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Hand of Freedom: WORST ABILITY EVER Maybe you should change the tooltip to say "Frees you from one, very specific, movement impairment effect that will never be used on you."Valarious7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret Healing is absolutely Obnoxious. damage damage, oh getting in trouble... heal heal -- full.. damage damage damage.. you're dead. RET HEALING IS OUT OF CONTROL!!! So absolutely ridiculous.Torrdogface5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 1 Button wonder now? So I was tanking and it seems that with a simple macro we can play this class very effectively. I was thinking something along these lines. /cast crusader strike /cast judgement /cast shield of righteousness Thoughts?Ajd4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New burn down macro? In Cata my Burn Down Macro was: AW, Zealotry, INQ and Trinket. With new abilities like Hammer of Righteousness and Holy Avenger how will your burn down macro change?Agincourt1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Someone wanna tell me... What I'm doing here? I'm so lost and confused; I joined a BG, and I'm getting killed in two hits by a frost mage and I'm way squishier than I used to be. On top of that, I'm not entirely sure if I'm just not using the right abilities. <_<Aelamdor2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 LF Pro Pally Help I am a Ret Paladin only so I can get to 85 before the 28th, hence "quickly." There I have a full 377 Holy Pally PvP set, down to the last ring, only a weapon to grind. I have never rolled a non-dps character, the 6 years I've been playing. I'm counting on the 377 to allow me to faceroll healing in early Cata Heroics and Non-Heroics so I can obtain currency for a legitimate PvE set. Healing at this level is herding cats, by the way. I'm the designated peeler, a habit from all my PvP. Which is another thing, I have never tried to do much PvE until this character. I want to raid, I want to be good, I want to be a Battle-Cleric at endgame. For now, I'm Ret. Until now, I had my gameplay nailed flat. At 68, I take down multiple level 73's and maintain a 80% health bar as they lie dead at my feet, and as I mentioned, I stay aware of my parties needs in instances. This Patch has left me lost. No idea what might be a normal tank & spank rotation as they exist with our new playbook. I specc'd the best I could figure. I hate that overused term "rotation," but in straight up PvE content, my action bar is a mess! HoPo changes, etc, I'm lost like a 7 year old! No way I'm giving up, but can someone get me started at least, some "pro" input? I am much obliged, Skoomwulf / HellclownSkoomawulf0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 A Farewell to Auras... The coming patch will bring many new game mechanics...and remove many as well. One of these being paladin auras. A major part of our class, we will no longer retain our ability to bolster our allies through our devotion to the Light. Each and every aura shall be missed dearly forever. Farewell Devotion Aura, providing us with the armor to take crushing blows. Farewell Concentration Aura, allowing casters to do what they do best with minimal interruption. Farewell Resistance Aura, protecting us from the elements. Farewell Retribution Aura, for which purpose you only serve if there are more than three paladins. Farewell Crusader Aura...that one useless aura that we are begged to switch to resistance. Let us have a moment of silence for these treasured features of the paladin class.Anatolia37 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 pally mogging hello i am currently looking for some gear to go with some sets ill be getting. First im looking for a shield, cape, and a 1h sword to go with t6, lightbringer. secondly im looking for some gear to go with t5, crystalforge gear. i have a cape and shield but i need weapons and the other non set pieces like boots and such plz any suggestions are apreciated. P.S. if anyone has a link to the mop armour sets it be great both pve and pvpAnduron11 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 WTB a filler. (RET) Am I missing something? Or do we just stand there and wait for things to come off CD? Seems as though haste might be viable for us again if this is the case.Kastara5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Where to go with my Pally? It seems like its been years since i have touched my Pally. Currently 85, I used to tank as primary and was working on my dps set. These days what changes have been made, and where do they leave the Pally? Would i benefit a group more as DPS or a Tank? Any links to rotation and such would be appreciated, though I will be doing my own searching on that as well. Thanks all.Crittorus0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Holy Paladin Damage So i just dueled a couple holy paladins, and got absolutely destroyed. Multiple 37k crits from the paladin and just spamming denounce was doing 10k hits back to back. Now except for my weapon i have full cataclysmic gear and am curious how this is happening? I don't know how they do against other classes, but if this is how holy paladins are now, then the next month in pvp against holy paladins is going to be far more abysmal than it already is.Suds4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 How are you liking Holy? Holy Shock feels like something I can rely on, instead of the tiny lottery ticket I hit hoping for a crit for a larger heal that will actually save someone's life. The class feels a lot more fluid and predictable (in a good way), and I'm liking the changes. Though, I may not be as geared on this toon as my resto druid, but my resto druid is healing for way, waaaaaaaaaaaay more. I'm not sure if numbers are still going to be adjusted, or if I'm still not used to the changes entirely.Lowrey0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is this right? Prot I'm reforging Parry to Hit and soft cap Expertise. Am I doing it wrong? Also, should I replace Fractured Amberjewels with Puissant?Zizadin1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 why did my defensive stats change? Just got on and found out my parry was at 27% but my dodge went down to 14% and block went down to 40% why did this happen? Also how much of each stat should i want?Frostyrecks7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret Hit Cap Bug? Is the Ret hit cap now 10%, or is spell hit not scaling correctly with melee hit? I have a 9.5% melee hit chance, and only 14.5% spell hit so my Exo's and WoG's are missing. Is this intended or a bug?Ozaî6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 CLCRet problems Since I downloaded the patch CLCRet no longer shows up on my character. I have checked "load outdated add-ons" but that doesnt help.Agincourt3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret pvp 5.0 Mastery Crit or Haste??????Beregønd2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Protection spec pvp? I was wondering now that WoG doesnt have its cooldown, and we get the judgement buff. Is Protection Specc good for pvp again?Malkiah5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Stat Priority Whats the stat priority for Ret Pallys in 5.0.4? QQZpx0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 CLCret 5.0 string? Anyone know what the new string is for clcret? I know the basic rotation, but I find it a lot easier to have something to look at center screen.Darthelmet2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret PVP 5.0 is terrible.. Seems ridiculous.. Insane heals and no damage.. I shadow word pain from a priest took me to 50%.. I have 66.14% resil..Decisionz6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Change your Judgment macros With the change in spelling, they no longer work if spelled "judgement." Took me forever to figure out what was going on.Carmy1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 uh oh! Looks like the warlocks observer pet can steal divine shield. No more bubble boy for you silly holy rollers.Dochaelian10 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Shockadins are back? I know it's 85, and have no idea what it's like at 90. Mostly likely this will be nerfed, but my holy shocks are now healing for 30k, my holy lights heal for 19k, divine light for 39k. This is ruthless / raid finder gear. I just popped avenging wrath and holy shocked a frost mage with full cata down to about 30k in 8seconds or so. What is going on?Mythical3 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Prot pally pvp Do you think prot pallys are any good in rbgs in this new expan or will they always be lacking?Ibden0 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Inscription or Blacksmithing in MoP Hey guys! Looking forward to MoP, what's looking better?Montecristo9 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Pick My Race! I want to start a paladin but I am having trouble deciding which race to choose. I am going to play Alliance. Should I play a Human, Dwarf, or Draenei? I dont care about racials. Just want to know what you all think I should be and why. Thank-you.Cocobeard12 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 More noob Ret questions for 5.0.4. So I'm reading but I'm failing to understand. So, here goes. ... 1. That's from the EJ thread. And it confuses me. I'm under the impression that you can still only burn a maximum of 3 HoPo on HoPo-consuming skills. Is this true (again, I don't have beta)? Is there math behind building up 5 HoPo before burning TV? In theory I kind of get it; only having to use more one HoPo-producing skill before your second TV makes sense, but is it math-sensical (made up words are the best)? 2. Are PvE Expertise and Hit caps being lowered tomorrow, or are the 7.5% values only true for level 90? 3. Frankly, all of our new glyphs seem like utter garbage, minus augmentation to our survival. Which ones will you be using come patch day? Mass Exo is obvious for AoE fights, but what about single-target? 4. Are we still swapping to SoR at 4 targets? Less? More? 5. How sure are we about Haste > Mastery > Crit for post-patch 85? I'm about to go sim a bunch of stuff myself, but I'd hate to reforge and regem everything and then have to do it again tomorrow. :( If I'm forgetting to ask something that could potentially make me play horribly in raid tomorrow night or create a gaping hole in the Paladin forum Ret thread rewrite, please let me know. Okie, thanks in advance!Svayne19 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 holy pally stiviable for rbg in Mop? with the lost of last word in our talent tree will resto shammies be more viableNegreeta1 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Cookie cutter Holy Paladin PvP spec? With 5.0.4 out, I need to know what the 'best' holy paladin pvp spec is. Any sources would help! :D Thanks!Krigelle5 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Paladin Tier 14 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRouH-PnnXM What do you think? I think normal mode looks the best, LFR 2nd best, Heroic worst.Pallisade39 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 How do I know I'm ready for heroics? First time ever as a healer at max level, so here's my question: Before I queue up for an heroic, should I have a certain haste rating, ___ amount of spirit/intel/etc.. Thanks for the answers. P.S. Should ALL of my gear be 333+ before I queue? Or would it be fine going in with 1-2 pieces below 333?Naomisura5 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Glyph of Righteous Retreat YES! YES! I was checking out MoP Talents and I came across the Minor Glyph: Glyph of Righteous Retreat: During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster. BUBBLE HEARTH IS BACK!!!Serea10 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Prot : Patch Day Spec/Gems and talents Will CTC matter? Should I just stack stam? Whats your spec going to be?Itsu18 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Losing our Relic Tomorrow Hey, this is pretty much all I know. Is this major loss of stats being compensated by anything else? Or am I just out 203 strength?Altharaz13 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Stat priorities Ret pally 5.0.4 Anyone know what the secondary stat priorities will be for ret in MOP? I know haste is getting a nice buff for us, but how does it compare to mastery and crit? Thanks in advance.Trucidare12 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Block diminishing returns=Re-gem? Simple question, now that Block has diminishing returns, will Prot Paladins stop gemming mostly mastery? If so, what would we gem?Zizadin5 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 video A little 2v2 action if anyone cares....any tips or comments are appreciated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjA3ZzpSis&feature=em-uploademailBubballs2 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 So tomorrow doesnt change prot at all? I should be fine as prot since i just go full stamina right? or should i drop mastery for hit and suchKa3 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Goodbye sweet relics We had fun. I loved you the most when you where a libram and gave us cool little upgrades to certain abilities. I hated you when I used one from Naxx for 3 tiers as holy. You were endured as a stat stick for 2 years. And when I de'd you just now, you turned into 2 maelstrom crystals instead of 1. Thanks for the good times. You both will and won't be missed. Edit: Noted that they once were librams not relics.Helagoth2 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Just hit 85 (week ago), pushing ratings So I just hit 85 to try to push for ratings last week. I geared up, got my heroic maw (replacing my 308 blue). The problem is simple, it doesn't seem like I can keep my partners up. When I first hit 85 (literally ilvl 325) I hit 1900 MMR with the warrior I am currently playing with. I had a 308 weapon etc. Long story short, I'd have my 2k achievement if we continued to play. The problem is, after gearing up to where I am now, I'm still stuck at 2k. I'm playing with a r1 Glad Warrior, a 2400 feral (kitty cleave), I've played with a multi-glad DK, 2300 Hunter (PHD). I've also done 2s with both the DK/Warrior. In 2s, I can't break 1900 with the r1 warrior, with the DK we can't break 1800. In 3s, where there is more room for me to not have to just tunnel heals and avoid CC, I can hit 2k MMR at most. Honestly, I have not played since s9, and I might just be really fully of myself, but I was expecting to hit 2200 pretty easily. Previous seasons I could come on my priest/shaman, be completely behind on gear and still be fine. I can't tell if I am doing something wrong, and none of my partners are willing to say if I am or not (they just say either a) warriors are horrible this season or b) I just lack throughput). I think throughput IS a problem, I just don't understand how I can't beat teams that we are completely outclassing. My flashes are hitting 17.7k non crit, 31k crit, if that's a baseline. So long story short, is it gear that's limiting my holy paladin play, or is it me?Carmen13 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Ret PvP and Patch 5.0.4 Can somebody who has played in Beta tell me what will change in Ret PvP when 5.0.4 goes live? What talents should I choose, what glyphs should I choose, how I should reforge my gear? Is there a 5.0.4 or MOP PvP guide available? I could not locate one.Mikhos3 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Blinding Light Am I the only one who finds Blinding Light to be a dissapointing spell compared to the spells other classes got? for example, Symbosis is pretty sweet having a different effect for every class and spec but Blinding light falls short in comparison. Blinding light: Emits a blinding light in all directions, blinding enemies within 10 yards, causing them to wander disoriented for 6 seconds. 23% of base mana 3 min cooldown instant castPallydenn48 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Having healing troubles, OOM etc. Would any experienced Paladins please take a quick look over me and assure me that its either my terrible gear or spec that's keeping me from being effective in 5 man heroics. I really feel I have the mechanics down well, but I am still struggling in there. Also, when is the proper time to use Divine Plea and the other big CDs?Durig2 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 What to do with old relics? So I know this may sound stupid, but I've been collecting Relics since my Vanilla days, so I have a ton of them. Well now that they won't be used anymore, should I just offload them to get what vendor money I can or continue to hold on to them. If they are gonna just go *poof* I might as well get something out of them. Question is are they going *poof* or will they just not be useable anymore?Caelle21 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Paladins vs Monks Is it me, or does it seem like Monks are better then pallis in every single way? They tank better then us, and DPS better then us. They are even better heals then us and healing is what I usually fall back on when paladins get kissed by the nerf bats. The worst part of this is, I don't expect monks to be throttled below strong, and I don't expect pallies to be buffed above balanced. So I expect Monks to be better then paladins in Melee dps, tanking and healing for 2-3 patches at least. Does anyone here believe that paladins will outperferm monks anytime in the next few patches?Mezcao18 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Is there any concensus on ret PVP stats? In the upcoming MoP patch that is. I haven't been keeping close tabs on MoP stuff, just reading the various changes in the patches. Have the silly beta players come to any conclusions on how secondary stats look for PVP now for retribution? The importance of expertise is going to tank with so many ways of generating holy power that are not effected by dodge/parry. Crit still has no synergy with any talents or retribution abilities. Generating more holy power means more Templar's Verdicts, so mastery might get better, but Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict are hitting for less, so it may balance out. Haste's value is going to increase like 60 fold, for the extra holy power, extra judgement damage when out of range, more art of war procs, and more Crusader's Zeal procs if that still exists. So... maybe haste is king now? It would feel dirty stacking haste on a ret paladin. At a quick glance, it seems expertise and crit will be garbage, or at least their overall effect will be much less pronounced.Turaven1 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Mana Capped I just read how in the upcoming patch Int will no longer increase our mana pull. Is there cause for alarm for healadins? I'm currently lvling through pvp and I use my judgements to increase haste and spirit but in a 4 to 5 minute assault I'll burn through my mana even with my emergency potion and divine plea...I'm interested in hearing your thoughts since how class has the most expensive heals out of the healing role.Doltair8 Aug 27, 2012