Paladin

Oct 7, 2012 Ret pally 2v2 My brother and I will be doing some 2v2 together this season, he rolls ret pally. I cannot decide what I want to roll atm. Having fun with warr @ 90 in small scale WPvP, however I have never played a ranged toon in arenas and would like to give one a try. As far as 2v2 goes what would a ret pally prefer to take for 2v2 as far as ranged classes go? Would a warrior still be an easier 2200 comp? My brother has a disability and I would like to keep as little pressure on him as possible - however we would like to climb as close to 2200 as we can. I have an 85+ of everything but priest and Monk, I enjoy every class to an extent and level of overall fun does not play a factor in my decision. Not looking to play heals.Nekrøtic1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Glyph of Anti-Ashbringer pls Minor glyph with any name don't care that removes the ashbringer graphic from my holy avenger, so my pally doesn't look anymore ugly than it already is. No hope of transmog for us transmog freaks for the duration of holy avenger, which is used often when you're trying to show off how cool you look in arena / random bgs. Also increases diversity in paladins. Please add this or something similar.Såve19 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Ret Global Cooldown I feel as though ret needs a lower global cooldown. Everything progresses slowly as a ret. When I'm being kited, I need to pop hand of freedom as a reaction, yet I can't when I need to, because of the GCD. The skill cap of paladins could be increased by far had blizzard made paladins have a lower GCD, and then we would have been able to focus on things such as mastery and crit again. Haste feels weird.Dabloodyelf4 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 How's Ret/Holy doing in PvE/PvP? I have a monk at 89 and I just... I can't do it anymore. So close to cap but I feel like I've wasted so much time when a Paladin type class has always been my calling in any rpg. I've heard Ret is alot more bearable in PvE now with holy power being easier to manage or generate or something. Also been hearing PvP is ALOT better than cata and Haven't really heard much about Holy but they seem strong as always, would love input on both sides of the spectrum. Mostly concerned about Holy and AoE healing as I don't really know much about that, are they still primarily tank healers? Can I blanket people in PvP?Arixyle6 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 The Light! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwp7Sr_czLc Yeah!Sion0 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Leveling 85-90 Ok so bout to level my pally and ive seen people leveling as holy...is this the new leveling spec or go ret or Prot?Tzao13 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Pally question Pally vs Druid is Pally better and more fun? if so why? i want to roll a pallyRotingzombie11 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 L90 transmog vendor in Shrine of 2 Moons Where is he located again? I found him once and he sells the gear for 100g per item.Draconova7 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 HoW? anyone else just stop using this because they feel it is a waste of a GCD? i use it when wings are up because with the 50% holy dmg buff its worth it but if wings are not up i dont even bother.Madderra8 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Inquisition. So i was wondering, when i pop inqui. i can understand thats only increase holy dmg. In cataclysm CS and TV was holy dmg. Is it the same in MOP? if i read correctly in CS or TV skills, no one mention it deals HOLY dmg. When im fighting, im not sure inquisition actually increased the dmg of CS or TV. What do you think? ( srry for gramar )Koraber5 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Returning after a year I finally decided to return to wow to play MOP. I am normally a healer, but during leveling phases, I always used Ret. In MOP, whats better to level with? Prot or ret?Sifucrusader4 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Tanking spec question So I asked this earlier but didn't really get an answer. I'm looking at Holy Prism or Light's Hammer for 5 mans (reg and heroic) tanking. So far I like prism but I haven't actually run any heroics yet. Which do you other tanks prefer for 5 man groups? I don't raid, and likely won't get into it this xpac either, so just from a 5 man perspective, which do you guys prefer? I like the shorter CD of Prism, seems to allow some extra utility more often, but others have suggested Light's Hammer as well.Eldevane8 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 gearing my ret for pvp what trink is better the corrin direbrew trink or the pvp proc trink (i can use it because i am a human)Troxis1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Am i supposed to use CS on cooldown Back in cata we usually used the CS, filler, filler CS rotation Right now in EJ's rotation CS sits rather low on the priority list - do i strictly follow the list, and cast skiills preferential to it even though its up? Cuz i find myself twiddling my thumbs alot of the timeNymué3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Holy PvP Thread of Constructive Opinions I've had many paladins on my server and some friends ask me what stats, glyphs, gems, and enchants I would be using for PvP. I'm no expert, I don't spend tons of gold invested in testing every possibility out changing everything, but I try my best to figure out my stat priority. I have come to think haste may be a little better in arena situations due to having many people bursting the f**k out of me or my partner(s). [2s] when facing a healer dps combo, there is no doubt crit will serve you better than haste, because there is no way one person will burst a full geared partner faster than possible to handle, so haste becomes less appealing in my eyes. I haven't tested crit in 3s, so if someone could fill me in on it, I'd be happy to put them in my thoughts. I've noticed though that haste isn't reducing my cast time as much as I would like. I have chosen PvP power>int>spirit>crit>haste>mastery to be my priority. Glyphs Currently I have [Glyph of Protector of the Innocent], [Glyph of Divine Plea] [Glyph of Blessed Life]. - I am having so much trouble deciding on what to use in arenas. Glyph of Blessed life is what I chose as a "must have" as soon as I saw it, but the more I look at it the less I like it. Should I replace it? - Glyph of Divine Plea looks ok, but it probably is based only on whether or not the fight will be long or not, which I can not determine, so imo it's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. - Glyph of Protector of the Innocent is so trivial that I don't see why it isn't just a passive buff than a glyph. I'd like to think it's questionable on whether or not it's required, but for now I'm using it as a "must have." Gemming and enchanting I have not focused on a lot considering I'm not full dreadful. What glyphs are a "must have" and are optional. Most guides are conflicting with each other or give way too many options (over 8+ builds) that I've resorted to try everything on my own, but I always like to have another opinion. Talents The only tier that I see as a "hard" choice are the level 45 and 90 tier. I chose Selfless Healer for the 45 tier, and Execution sentence as the 90, but I've seen people use eternal flame and sacred shield. For the 90 I've seen people use holy prism, and very few with Light's hammer. (I decided to not use LH considering I doubt anyone will be sitting in one little spot for the length of the spell.) TL:DR - State your opinion on Hpally Stat priority, talents, gems, enchants, and glyphs so that anyone will have many people as sources so they can base their [stats, etc.] on the Holy Paladin community. A lot of people are indecisive. Thank you for your input :)Aendro4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Help: Holy PvP Stat Priority Hello I have been searching on the web for a stat priority for holy PvP. Problem is the guides I have found for each one seem to be out of date or different from one another. A (ex: int>cirt>haste) type of list would be very helpful. Not sure atm what to buy from the pvp vendors in terms of their cloaks if i want the for ex. spirit crit or haste cirt. along with the trinket if i want mastery or spirit. quick reply would be kind. thanksLayonthese7 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Divine Purpose Fun Facts. Each divine purpose proc affects unbreakable spirit. Anyone who uses DP knows that it usually procs back to back to back and each DP proc spent provides 3% CD reduction to your unbreakable spirit spells. I feel like a lot of people neglect to factor this in when considering which talent to take. Basically 3 DP procs is 9% CD reduction which I think is huge.Invincible2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 /cast !Seal of Righteousness Remember how you used to be able to add a "!" to the beginning of an aura/aspect/stance name in a macro so that it would only activate it if it wasn't already active and wouldn't toggle it off if it was? Does anyone know if there's a new way to do this? The old way doesn't seem to work anymore.Smackybear1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Is it me or is HoW kinda crappy, like exorcism is out damaging it at 90.Hoojoo5 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Ret Armor Hi, I've just switched to Ret from Prot to level in. I'm satisfied with the damage output, but i seem to be taking an insane amount of damage when i one on one with a mob... and i'm healing after every fight. Could any Ret pally's out there possible give me some tips? or is this normal to take a lot of damage? Profile is still showing An's Ring which is not equipped. Thanks.Bastah3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Holy DPS PVP - It works... http://www.flickr.com/photos/88129051@N03/8058877802/ That is all...Gebrielle5 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Can we still AOE pull(level)? I am trying to level this bull up to cap. I have not played this toon in awhile and with all the new changes can we still do this like we could in the old days of pally supremacy?Quàgmire4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Gear Check How am I looking for 5-Mans and Raids? Thank you for the inputOdexx2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Is Holy Avenger really better than Divine Pur than Divine Purpose? I find Divine Purpose rather useful at times in PvP, when it procs back to back I can spam Eternal Flame (WoG improved) and it helps. What do you guys think? I love PvP and I do btw think Ret is fine (well time will tell) but it is definitely fun.Iziren10 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Leveling question Alright, i just dinged lvl 80 and may I say that leveling this character has givin me the best expieriences playing this game already. But what im really here for is to ask a question. Is it better to tank dungeons (insta ques) or quest. i dont have enough time to quest in between dungeons and i dont really care about Lore yet, Thanks!Demigodz1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Prot Pally stats whats the best prot pally stat setup atm?Irollpally6 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 holy prism Bliz, think you could add some intelligence to holy prism when it radiates damage? Kinda getting tired of it killing critters instead of hitting the mobs attacking me, or worse pulling the elites that are at the very edge of the range instead of the 5 mobs already on me. edit for being tired.Cormana1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 What is wrong with Ret dps? Why is Ret damage so low? Why don't any RBGs want Rets? Why are there not many high rated Rets in arena? Why is there only 2 Rets in my pvp guild but a dozen Mages, Locks and Warriors. Why are my Ret friends quitting their Rets? Tired of my Ret being the ginger child. I want to RBG, I want to one day wake up and see some one writing this on trade chat "LF Ret for RBGS" lol, you will never see that, I wonder why...Crito4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 To anyone who says Ret pvp and/or dmg is bad http://i.imgur.com/Uxyb3.jpg?1Zeuxis22 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 FYI: Holy Shock has been Un-Nerfed. thought i would put on the old.. Shockadin spec and see if anymore behind the scene hotfix change had been made... and to my surprise.... BAM 110,000 Crit hmmm.... could it be? blizzard herd the cries of the shockadin? um... yup! two 2-3 Shotting Full Cata players is fun :D muhaha! Thank You Blizzard!Gebrielle14 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Holy Paly... dps? So I have been leveling a holy paly with my brother and for laughs I made my dps spec holy with the "holy shock" and "harsh words" glyphs. The results were very suprising. While AoE was terrible my single target dps was topping the charts without any BoA gear at lvl 55. Dps went even higher when i closed to melee range and used crusader strike to get more holy power. So i am left wondering if this will last till endgame and if so, did blizzard intend to make ranged pally dps? Personally i think it is awsome! :) What do you all think about it? (my apologies if this has already been discussed)Uraciouse7 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Need help with WOG Does anyone have a macro for a mouseover for wog. I'd like to be able to highlight over player potraits while fighting so i can heal instead of attack.Goldenforce1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 BE Paladin - Arcane Torrent Nerf Went from an "unintended" 6% to 2%!?...it's been 6% forever, and now on my ret paladin it returns something stupid like 600 mp. lol Any other ret's thinking oh wtf!? Can we get 1 Holy Power added to Arcane Torrent? ...Stuntdouble27 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Ret pvp can some1 tell me the rotation for it? tyIrollpally8 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 RET PVE Elitist Jerk's Rotation Right now I average anywhere from high 38K to 49K in DPS for a whole heroic run. Really depands on the amount of my AOE, how much running I have to do to get aways from mobs and their AOE, and how long I can stay on a target. I know some people might do more than this or the same, but anyways.... Does everyone use the EJ Rotation?: 1 mob - Single Target Rotation 2 mob + - sub in DS 4 mob + - sub in HotR 6 mob + - switch to Seal to SoR Also - anyone else have times when they have empty GCDs? Every once in awhile, I have everything down and have to wait for skills to pop. Thanks! P.S. What is up with Elem Shammy and Blood DK DPS? it's craazzyy.Cornchex3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Ret PVE - Your take on lvl 90 talent - DP/HA So what have you guys taken and how has it worked for you? I use Execution Sentence and Divine Purpose. Is anyone else getting better DPS out of the other options? I have tried LH and love it but because the tank keeps moving the mob groups to stay out of bad stuff, I waste alot of unsed dps when the hammer is tuck in place. I'm curious about HA, but have not used it for Heroics. Thanks!Cornchex2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 mana problem pally heals spells needs to have a mana cost reduce its a to hard on mana impossible to keep up heals my pally is only level 89 and just the holy shock its 8000 Mana to cast that's to much and divine light now its 18000 mana still i find it a little to much right now im just on the edge to delete my pally its to stressful and its my starter that i started with you guys will need to fix some things here its not coolKimberrly8 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 A little help?[ Holy Paladin pvp ] So, after looking at sites for advice for gemming...and so many words to do this or do that. I'm rather confused...No. I'm -very- confused. Can anyone check out my gems and see what is correct and is needed to be changed?Rivâ1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Hammer of the righteous Hammer of the righteous this is mainly used for tanking but the damage it dose can barely even keep aggro what happened?Druidicpowa8 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Ret DPS (PvE) is fine Although our logs are private (and therefore didn't "officially" rank), I wanted to quell any concerns about Ret PvE DPS you may have had after seeing Simcraft. On a static boss fight (Garajal) I place among the top 100 and among the top 5 Rets. I realise that his is only regular mode at the moment, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out. 63,758.8 DPS, 63023.4 DPS(e), 22,751,375 Damage done. Judging from the first few bosses, it looks as though it's going to be a great tier. Cannot wait for my 4pc Bonus Also Spirit Kings is an amazingly fun fight.Fenryz4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 ret paladins are fine seriously i can't comprehend how so many rets are complaning about our dmg being low>terrible? seems fine in both pvp and pve for myself also not sure why *pvp* rets are using DP>HA, makes no sense if you want to actually do burst damage, just my opinion thoughWebcamx32 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Hit and Expertise Caps for PvP Hello all, I was wondering for a while if i'd have been doing something wrong when gearing up. It seems that I have to reforge every single item that i where into hit or expertise. Everywhere on the internet it is saying 3% for both but i don't think that right...is it? Last I logged on I think the Hit Rating for a Paladin should be 4.00% and the expertise 6.00% for level 90 players. Is this correct? If so, I have no room to reforge anything into mastery or haste. What am I doing wrong? Criticize me to the maximum please. I need it. Ignore the green wep >.< Thank youSaradomin7 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Devotion aura working or it just sucks? I feel like it doesnt really work, or there are too many interrupts it doesnt cover. It doesnt prevent charge interrupts, or any other knock downs, or fear. The time it covers is way to short for a 3 minute cool down, between GBC im lucky to get off 1 un-interruted FoL.Billydee13 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Retribution / Holy Paladin Live stream! Hello Paladins! This is my first post for my live stream that I am doing on twitch. I Have been playing a paladin for about 6 years now. I love my class and I also enjoy helping others on their paladin skills. If you are interested and have any questions or just want to watch. Feel free to come join me over at www.twitch.tv/krue_ Facebook.com/krueWoW Twitter.com/krueWoWKrue0 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 A WoW vet's embarassing confession (Help!) Hello all, I have a very embarassing confession to make. I have been playing WoW since Vanilla, but I have NEVER used macros or keybindings for any of my characters. Yes, I'm a clicker, yes I admit it, I'm a baddie. Don't ask me how I did it, but I managed to get by this way for 6 years. I'm quite ashamed of this, but then again I have never PvPed at max level (I don't really enjoy PvP), nor have I been a serious PvE player. I'm an altoholic - I get 1 character to max level, then start another one, and so on. However, I've decided that this will be the xpac where I quit being bad and pull my pants up in an effort to try and become an actually decent player. It's time to break the habit. I realize that no raid leader will take me seriously unless I begin to use keybindings/macros. I intend to make this Pally my main, with my focus being on end game PvE. That being said, I come to you, my fellow brothers and sisters of the Light, with the hope that some of you may be able to help me figure out/point me in the right direction. So, in your opinion, what would be the best method for mapping your keybinds? i.e. what would be the most sensible way of configuring all your different abilities. In addition, I am looking for good macros to use as Ret. My knowledge about macro usage is practically zero, but I understand that they are of key importance to any player. As far as addons go, the only gameplay-affectings ones that I use are Tidy Plates, OmniCC and DBM. Are there any decent Paladin addons out there that I should be checking out? TL;DR I'm on a journey to becoming a better, more competent WoW player, and I need macro tips and keybinding advice. Also any other general advice about Paladins is very welcome. Thanks for reading, and any advice you could offer would be super greatly appreciated! - ConsecrasianConsecrasian22 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Ret PVP damage so sad Picked up my crafted PVP gear and 3 pieces of the new honor gear and played 6 BGs tonight. First thing I noticed is that Rets have the smallest health pool in the game. Thanks Blizz. I'm usually number one in killing blows on both teams and 4-5th in damage but with the new patch I have only gotten a total of 2 killing blows in a total of 6 games and now one of the lowest in damage. Obviously KBs are only part of the game but they are an indication in this patch that we have virtually no damage and can no longer kill anything. With my 300k health pool I'm now running up against 488k DKs. Pounded on one for over a minute and could take his health pool down below 90%...thanks Blizz. Someohow Warriors are now OP and I can no longer kill them and it's impossible to get their health below 20%. Guess it makes no difference as we have no finishing move nor any real damage outside of our 3 minute burst. All the apologists here said wait till level 90 and Ret will will have damage. Well, at level 90 we have no damage compared to other classes and we can no longer kill anything....thanks Blizz. Ghostcrawler needs to be firedAgincourt45 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 OOM HPally... Ok, I have looked all over the net and can't find a good MoP PVP guide for HPallys. I've gone from an immortal god that never runs out of mana in cata to an impotent whelp who burns through all of my MP and still struggles to keep people alive. PVP is pointless to me now because after a hard 2-3 min of fighting i'm OOM and PVP rarely offers a chance to drink. I have almost 4k spirit, my mana pool seems capped at 300k, and with an 8 sec CD on cleanse my escape is gone. If anyone knows of a good MoP Hpally PVP guide, please link.Hephaestüs16 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Open Libram XLVIII: Every Day I'm Pandaing ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679638298 Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Paladin Social Networking: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ My Little Ponydins by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png "Maid" by the Light by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/7zB4K.jpg "Bunny" Chaz by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/IokKV.png Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHAPaladinchaz500 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Selfless Healer It's slowly starting to look more and more awesome in 5 mans that I've been healing in. I'm finding it great for burst healing on the tank who I have beaconed. If I'm sitting at one holy power it's even better, instant cast, free flash of light on the tank that hits for about 70k and crits around 150k and gens a HP, a holy shock, and a word of glory at 3 HP and I can get out a serious amount of healing very quick if I need to and it leaves quite a large shield on the tank. I'm only level 89 however, I'm wondering if in heroics and beyond, for those who are raiding, is it viable at all, because it has a pretty long setup time with three judgments? Or is SS or Eternal flame the way to go?Uthryn3 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Does leveling as Ret suck this X-pac? (85-90) I ask because I remember things being so broken in Cataclysm that killing things as Ret took about the same amount of time as killing them as Holy. Are things better?Stethane16 Oct 5, 2012