Paladin

Nov 17, 2012 Fix WOG: Harsh Words https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/263074599644839936 As tweeted to GC Niall Presnall ‏@NiallPresnall @Ghostcrawler Word of Glory has been bugged since MoP came out, being treated as a ranged attack. Doesn't work out of attack range or LoS 'Word of Glory has been bugged since MoP came out, being treated as a ranged attack. Doesn't work out of attack range or LoS' Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler @NiallPresnall It's because of the glyph of Harsh Words. Not sure how to fix. Kyrt ‏@kyrtfurey @Ghostcrawler Treat Harsh Words as a totally different spell with a shared CD? Call it Word of Wrath? Taught by Glyph and not modded So above is the solution. Basically in PVP if you're being forced to target something (or even, are just targetting something) like a Mage (as in their pet is hitting you or dots are keeping them as your target) you are unable to heal yourself while you're running away or they are LoS'ing .. it is near game breaking in Arena against decent players due to this massive handicap. Preferably make Harsh Word's a brand new spell so WoG can be retained as it always was before Harsh Words ruined it; I want to use WoG to heal myself (ie. never used harsh word for anything) only on my Ret and I don't want it bugging out and being basically useless due to the enforced target being out of range and/or LoS'd. Likewise Ret damage against any half decent healer (of all specs) is still pretty weak; sure, you pop all your CD's, the healer does the same, they negate your damage, and then you're back to limp noodle ret for 2-3 minutes, zz. Thanks BlizzGs11 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Circumventing the nerf. Str>PvP power.Invincible5 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Macro Help Inspired by the Tier 13 Prot Paladin 2 set, I wanted to make a similar effect with Judgement and Sacred Shield. I honestly have no idea how to make a macro that'll wait through a GCD for the second spell. To sum it up, I want a macro that would "Replace" Judgement, so that whenever I cast Judgement, I also cast Sacred Shield. Is this doable? If so how?Karob3 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Ret macro help Will someone please tell me why this macro wont work?' #showtooltip Judgment /cast [nomod:shift] Judgment /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] JudgmentAmerkia8 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Macro'ing SotR onto abilites So i was thinking...we normally want to keep up the SotR active mitigation as much as possible....sometimes i get into the habit of not hitting it because i was used to tanking in cata so much.... since SotR is now off the GCD, it would be possible to macro this to other skills without it effecting your rotation too much....the only downside would be pretty much never casting WoG...but if we have maximum uptime on SotR and your healer still can't keep you up, you were probably dead in the first place however i need help coming up with the macro for each attack....would it just be: /cast Shield of the Righteousness /cast <filler attack> basically i want to do my regular rotation without ever having to worry about watching holy power....and as soon as i hit 3 holy power...the next regular attack i use will pre-cast SotR....but if i don't have 3 holy power, it will just cast the regular attackWhatamelf12 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Shockadin, anyone doing it? Seen some of the glyphs and talents that make me think a Shockadin might be valid dps. Is anyone doing this or seen anyone do it sucessfully?Virulaus49 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Nobody invites Rets to raids this tier All the fights are ranged friendly, impossible to get into a raid this tier as a ret. Have to re gear for holy.Gideoni24 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 What add ons should I use for Prot pve? Just like the topic says. Thanks. :DAtarius1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Ret DPS: Are Professions THAT Important?? I was wondering how great of an impact profession bonuses have on Ret DPS. I am currently a JC/Miner. Are the bonuses from Blacksmithing and Engineering a substantial enough DPS increase that I should pick up those professions? Any input/evidence from top dps pallies is greatly welcomed.Felila41 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Holy Pally -- Am I doing something wrong? Hey. So the person rbg leader who claimed to be 2500 in rbgs I had xrealms said that I healed too little and kicked me from group for it after two bgs where I ended with 7 million compared to the resto druids and resto shamans 10 million + and another where the resto shaman had 10 million at my 4 million and the resto druids 3 million. Honestly, Resto shamans and Resto druids always out heal me. Am I doing something wrong? I mean in the warsong gultch we were in, I focused on dispelling the mages deep freezes because all I saw was dps getting one shotted in them. But I got called out for my few dispels. (Resto shaman was at 100 dispels and me and the resto druid were between 32-34.) I mean if I see someone at low health and getting attacked, are they priority over dispels on dps? Honestly, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong as a holy pally.Shinrah5 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Ret 3v3 Comp Question I was wondering what the better comps are for Ret in 3v3 arena. Was thinking: Ret / Frost Mage / (Not sure which healer would be best) Ret / Lock / (Not sure which healer would be best) Ret / BM Hunter / Rdruid -Going for rating- Thanks in advanceAshtro3 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 What happened to Holy Shock? We have an undocumented change that isn't even reflected in the tool tips. Why was Holy Shock gutted so terribly? By the types of glyphs that were created, it was very clear that Holy Shock was meant to deal damage with the right setup. This gave the impression we would actually be able to level in Mists of Pandaria as Holy. As of right now, with no warning, Holy Shock is doing less than 30% of it's tool tip damage, it seems. And that is WITH the glyph to increase it's damage by 50%. Why? I have heard the excuse that it was too over powered in low level PvP brackets. And frankly, so what? So are Hunters. So are Priests. So is anyone who is in Heirloom gear versus anyone who is not in Heirloom gear. I am looking for a concrete reason behind this stealth nerfing-into-the-ground, and haven't found one yet.Khaixur80 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Any tips for protadins? Any tips to get my damage output up a little? seems kinda lowGalandris19 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Which seal should I use? I'm getting tired of people saying Use seal of truth....no seal of insight...not seal of truth! Lol I use Seal of Insight for the extra healing because alot of the healers don't pay attentioin. Yesterday I was running a dungeon and the healer said "Tank I'm currently watching DBZ so I if I forget to heal you I apologize in advance.". I was like okay. Though most of the time I can keep myself alive. So tell me which seal should I use the most?Atarius13 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Retribution DPS (One of these) Greetings Paladin Forums, I have a question about Ret DPS @ 90. Is it viable like other DPS in raids or are we at the bottom? How easy is rotation? I have a 90 warrior and 90 monk but I would like to play a paladin due to alot of utilities. Question 2: How do they fair in 1v1? Group pvp? Do we get roflstomped or do we hold our ground? I would love to know about your paladins and how well you efficiently you play yours. Thanks.Geekdup3 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 5.0+ pvp / pve guide for Holy Thinking of trying out my paladin for a bit any guides around for some tips ;) ?Ralazzar0 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 How does everyone feel about blinding light? Blinding light needs something more. I've been really upset with blinding light lately. It feels weak and unimportant compared to other classes new spells. It doesn't work in raids, or bosses. Other classes get a nice damage boost or utility, and we get immune to pop up. It can, and should be better! I think a spec specific solution, similar to shaman ascendence would work. Holy- "Holy light blinds foes and heals allies for X." This could be out solution for heavy raid damage that we don't have now. (I'm looking at you healing totem, Devine plea, and tranquility) Protection- "Holy light blinds your foes interrupts spell casting and forces their attention towards you." This can be our AoE taunt we don't have any more. On immune to blinding targets it should still taunt and interrupt. Ret-"as blinded foes stagger critical chance goes up x%" or "holy energy fills your soul increasing chance to crit by X for X secs." This would give us a nice damage bump, like ascendence and stampede. Just some thoughts on how they an make an awful spell much MUCH more useful.Egars29 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Paladin DPS question Greetings and hello, I have a question regarding Paladin DPS. I know that ret is the main DPS spec, but how well does Holy and prot do in a dps position? Thank you ahead of time for your answers. Are either of these generally frowned upon?Sardian9 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Being dramatically out healed in raiding. I've been playing a disc priest since wrath and when MoP was released I wanted to give pallies a try. Well when I raid, even in LFR, I find myself at or towards the bottom of the charts. I am healing with a shammy and disc priest. I am not used to this and it bothers me. I understand their AoE healing is much better than mine, but I am talking about the disc priest doing 55k-60k hps, shammy doing 50k-55k, and me doing 40k-45k. I've done some reading, switched out SS for EF. I feel like I am doing something wrong.Aeluu5 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Noob question - holy pally mana. People often state that holy paladins have excellent mana efficiency relative to other healers (particularly in a pvp setting). Why is this the case? Is it due to holy power usage? Clever timing of divine plea? Is it just that their spells overall cost somewhat less? Just wondering. I have not played one.Lewis1 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Ret DPS downtime Hi fellow ret pallies, How do you guys deal with the giant gap of downtime where there's absolutely nothing you can cast? I feel like I use the righ rotation(as in I try to wait for 5 holy power to cast TV as much as I can), have as much haste as I can squeeze out at my current gear, but these downtimes are really hurting my dps.Honeyapple3 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Am I the last one left? :( Am I the last Paladin alive that fled Lordaeron with Lady Proudmoore and lived in Theramore? I'm only alive because of when the Mana Bomb dropped on us, directly after the Horde's assault, I bubbled. I didn't see any other Paladins around afterwards, so I'm worried that no one else made it.Christhemity7 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 pally tank question My tank is a pally so heres my question i been seeing a lot of debate on my server about pally being hit and exp cap and every forms i been to mentions exp an hit but nothing about it being required so should i get caped or focus more on mitigation? any info will be greatly appreciated ;)Stonecogs2 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Holy Paladin Streaming Hey guys, Eleiko here from <Aftermath> on Mal'ganis. Our guild finished 24th in the US for Dragon Soul, the number 1 3 night/week guild in the US. I'll be streaming all of our progression as a Holy Paladin and really enjoy talking theorycrafting for any viewers interested. Come check it out if you're interested. www.twitch.tv/stalka88 Cheers!Eleiko10 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 DPS assistance please. Just a disclaimer I know that I'm not properly reforged at the moment, I just received some gear upgrades. Anyway, I am mostly curious as to what kind of damage we should be doing. I've seen a lot of conflicting data, anything from 60k to 120k dps. My main concern is that I'm averaging anywhere from 35k to 47k depending on the amount of movement involved in the fight... and that just seems abysmally low. I've read the guides and my rotation seems correct... Do you guys have any tips, or, did you have a moment where your dps was low and you had a "oh that's how ya do it" moment? I used to tank, In wrath, I skipped cata, and it really seems like they changed it up for this xpac. Maybe I just need to put some time in on the training dummy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.Wyleath15 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Protection Pvp.. Anyone else miss i? I was able to have fun and get kills with it even in 4.3 post-vengeance-nerf, but now I feel like it's kinda lost its place even as a node defender/botherer of casters. I feel like a lot of blanket nerfs that came on as a result of people mad about Blood DKs crippled the spec. And it's really my favorite to PvP with, although I am pretty happy with the current state of retribution. As a secondary question, has anyone found out if it scales well with gear? I haven't attempted Prot PvP since the first week or two of MoP. I am sort of hoping that with at least arena weapons or something, it could be doable again. Nothing beats tossing that shield around!Teldauron13 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Garalon as Ret DS > TV because there are at least 2 targets most of the time, this much is for sure. But how about HotR vs. CS? Normal circumstances dictate that HotR is only better for 3 or more enemies. but does bluezone make it better to use HotR cleaving? Also, if multiple legs are up, will HotR hit just one leg and the body or will it hit multiple legs?Verigan10 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Holy Mastery on Garalon So, after reviewing my logs, I noticed that my Mastery accounted for ZERO of my healing. Now, given that this is usually my #1 source of heals, this was alarming. So I then proceeded to review the tooltip of our Mastery to ensure that I'm not misunderstanding it's functionality. After failing to find a logical reason why it would be nullified by any of the mechanics of the fight, I'm baffled. Why is this? Can anybody provide me with a logical reason as to why our mastery is completely negated on this encounter?Kavir12 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Eternal Flame vs Scared Shield I was wanting to compare these two talent choices in terms of PvP. Now I'm no where near max level but I found a neat discovery when I took Eternal Flame into EoTS rather than SS. At 3 charges, I will heal them for roughly 7.5k and for 30 secs every 2 seconds I'll heal them for 740. Now SS, will absorb roughly 620 dmg every 5.9 seconds. Wouldn't the dot healing aspect be a better fit in PvP since in the long rough it will avert more dmg than SS?Doltair16 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Kiting as ret I've had limited success with world pvp when encountering hard hitting classes like DK by kiting them instead of going toe to toe. Running around casting exorcism, judgement and glyph of harsh words gives 3 instant cast decent hitting spells. How viable is something like this as an actual strategy?Lythandria10 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Tankadin Gear Why must the best pieces be Ret Gear I can't get in LFR. Just a silly complaint thread here. Move along.Kurokire6 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 PvP Hpal T5 Talents Which is best? For arenas? For RBGs? I tried the PTR to see how I would be pvp-geared and tried out Sanctified Wrath, and it was just wonderful. 30 sec AW + 3~ sec HS cd & HP users generating 1 HP was great. After using it I feel this is the obvious choice for arenas, but for RBGs would DP be better or is SW still the way to go? Also where does the AW CD reduction I've heard of come from? If you're looking @ my armory I dropped holy for prot atm for dungeon queues (I hate you, Townlong Steppes, but I think I may hate prot more.) Thanks in advance.Sagalar15 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Need help with holy! Ok so first time poster here. I got my warrior up to 90 and started tanking with it and i like it a lil more than tanking with this guy. So I decided since you can buy all the lvl 85 green gear that i'd switch to holy so I could have a healer and a tank. Well I went que'd up and tried it and it was a terrible fiasco to say the least. we finished but every boss fight someone died and they were always struggles. I'm running out of mana like crazy during fights. I'm using holy shock on cooldown, and when I get a divine purpose proc I use it for word of glory or light of dawn depending on if I gotta heal alot of people. I use holy shock after holy radiance for aoe healing and the problem I run into is when people start taking damage I cant keep up with the damage and then I run out of mana blowing holy radiance. is there something in my toolkit im missing? If someone starts to get low on health I run out of things to heal with it seems like. When we did the sha of whatever in the temple of jade serpent I spent the last half of the fight at very little mana just spamming holy shock and light of dawn but we barely scrapped by. I definitely felt bad after that run. any tips would be appreciated!Soulsentinel4 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Guides? Coming back after a break and wondering of someone can point me to some leveling guides please - either on forums or external sites. Also, quick question, should I be questing as Ret, or is Prot still a decent leveling spec? Thanks.Stavel1 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Tankadin help? So, I have always been a tankadin main spec, this expansion will be no different. MoP changed pally ranking as far as stat priorities from what I've heard, and I am curious as to what they are and why. Currently I am working towards hit/exp cap but I've heard that haste follows that. Is that true? Anyways any advice would be appreciated.Terindal3 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Hammer of Wrath This is my first Paladin, and I just got Hammer of Wrath. I like the spell, but I don't like that the words <Hammer of Wrath> will flash in giant letters in the middle of my screen every time a mob gets below 20%. Is there some way in the UI to disable this? If not, do you recommend any addons to manage this? Seeing the icon on my action bars flash is good enough for me, I don't need giant text in the middle of my screen. Thanks!Doromar3 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Haste or Mastery? Should I be reforging into Haste or Mastery as ret?Lothir2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 This vs That (Shared cooldowns) Anyone run number of using a G91 Landshark instead of using Potion of Mogu Power ?Yarko4 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Crit Machine (Ret PvE) Is it just me or does the early gear so far seem to have a ton of crit on it? I just can't get away from it! Every time I look at a VP item or raid item I think how great it would be for a Warrior.Sarvan7 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Out of mana in one minute or your money back Long story short, I have mana issues. I'm sort of like an extremely impatient fisherman with an incredibly short attention span: Fifteen casts and I'm done. Sure, I could cast nothing but Holy Light, but that wouldn't be able to keep up with damage going out. How do you holy paladins manage?Jadoth40 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Holy Paladin in Scholo... Hello paladin community! I was just wondering if any of you encountered a very annoying overview of the last boss in Scholo. I never noticed it much leveling (as I leveled ret), but the moment I was pulled into a room on Darkmaster Gandling I had no AOE ability to knock down the zombies in a timely fashion. I used my level 90 talent, (which is our only aoe) and it still wasn't enough to kill them. Suffice to say that my group wiped because I was stuck in the room the whole time. I know there are a few threads about AOE damage as a holy paladin, but has anyone else experienced situations similar to this where our class mechanics literally wipe a group? - Frustrated Pally.Kenick21 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Weapon Chain or Dancing Steel (RET PVP) Can't seam to find a post on this So what is everyone using .. I assume chain .. The new weapon chain is very lack luster with the expertise on it but the up side as everyone knows is no disarm so more hits. But Dancing Steel looks nice for some extra proc Strength. I would think its what you play most, BG's and 2's maybe Dancing looks appealing. What do you all thinkGirasola4 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Help in 2s, - vs Hunters Me and my partner ( arms warrior ) like doing 2's and we were doing ok, trying to climb the ladder, but all our losses are against the same teams - Anything with a hunter :( which seems to be every 2nd team we face. When they unload their burst on me I simple cannot survive it. No matter what I do. I bubble, heal, los, BL, stun, everything. I always die. Even if we keep the hunter Cced as much as we can it still doesn't work. And if the hunter has heals, no chance, and if hes partnered with another dps, I die even faster. The ONLY way we can win is if I make my partner run out first and try get the hunter to focus on him and let his 2nd wind and my offheals survive the burst. Then we drop our burst and we win. But most hunters with half a brain will focus me. But their burst is like homing missle that I cant avoid. Any advice?Vathius7 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Best Bosses for coin usage? In a good guild that's progressing at a decent pace. Should have Heart done tonight, and then on to Terrace. Just curious, as a ret pally, what bosses should I concentrate my coin rolls on? I'm going to assume any boss that drops a tier token that I don't already possess, but is there any others I should be on the lookout for? Any advice from people further on? Thanks for any info.Arander1 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Ret - need help with UI / keybinds I've come back to the game and finding Ret a lot of fun compared to Cata. Loving our feeling of utility too. (As an aside, while levelling in Cata dungeons with a full stack of Selfless Healer I've been healing people for about 43k, roughly two-thirds of a tank's HP... does this kind of ratio keep up in Mists?) OK my main problem though is that I'm swimming in buttons to press and UI elements firing off all over the place. I've started using MovableHolyPower and moved my portrait from the top corner to just above my main abilities but aside from that and DBM/Recount I'm running a standard UI, and its just not cutting it. I've just downloaded WeakAuras and will have a play with it tonight, does anyone have any Ret settings I can cut and paste? :) Also, I'd love to hear what your keybinds are as I'm really finding there are too many spells for my left hand to effectively cover (I only have a 3 button wheel mouse). p.s I found this recent article from a Prot Pally point of view, but would appreciate something a little more Ret-centric: http://sacredduty.net/2012/11/09/ui-construction-and-key-bindings/Asvuldar7 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 PvP Macros Anyone know any Macros that are good and useful in taking down enemies in PvP a "One Shot Macro" so to speak, or something along those lines? so far all I've gotten is /charge /cast Avenging Wrath /cast Inquisition /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings /target Cornhusks /cast Word of GloryCornhusks1 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Pally or Shaman Hey guys its one of those threads again. I haven't played since a little after Cata launch and my buddies finally dragged me back for some casual play (will probably never step foot outside of heroics and BG's) I really loved my druid in Cata and Wrath but I find they severally changed my favorite aspects which was being a melee while still having the option for utility. I'm debating between Enh shaman and Ret pally to level with a friend. Which one provides the most group utility outside of just DPS and which do you guys just find more fun. Just looking for opinions here. I'm leaving in April to become a PJ in the Air Force so this is really just a casual thing don't bring your raid parses in here those days are over for me lol Thanks in advance -LittlehoofLittlehoof6 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 Ret Paladins are the best spec in the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv6uqy8ECds 25 man LFR with 2 prot paladins, 18 ret paladins, and 5 pug DPS. 6 of the ret paladins queued as healers for the role check, but we are using 0 actual healers. All paladins are using (or should be anyway) Glyph of the Battle Healer, Light's Hammer, and Sacred Shield. If you are an alliance ret or prot paladin interested in coming with us, add Wutangrza#1213 to your battletag friends. I hope you enjoy watching this video as much as we enjoyed making it! Part 2: http://youtu.be/-4LJxUa-phI (still uploading)Wutangrza31 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 ShockaDAM Working towards making a viable shockadin for pvp, been watching some vids and even my gameplay right now is tight and im wreckin !@#$, but i know i still have some work to do with gem and forging. Anyone know where i can look up some good info?Toonchi7 Nov 14, 2012
Nov 14, 2012 PvP 4P-Bonus or "rediculous hps machine" I was taking a look at the Spirit Guards 25m Heroic healing rankings. The top paladins who are ranking top 5 seem to be using PVP 4pc and EF blanketing and reaching 90k+ HPS. How are they getting these numbers? Are they just generating HoP with HS and CS and EF blanketing the entire raid when they have 3 HoP? http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o9...?s=9370&e=9729 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rx...?s=3234&e=3557 Another thing I found weird was in a paladin from Mug'thol's healing log. If you look at buffs cast, it shows the paladin with Beacon of Light amount 116 during 25m Stone Guards. My question here is, is he just constantly switching his BoL target in combat? He is using the Beacon of Light glyph. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xq...?s=1642&e=2030Gozz4 Nov 14, 2012