Paladin

Feb 15, 2012 Ret trinks: LFR bone link vs Normal Rag trink Which is better? Just had the bone link drop in LFR.Darthelmet6 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Happy Valentines Day! Just as the topic states! Happy Valentines Day my beautiful Paladin brothers/sisters <3Divination9 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Beacon of Light partner or self? I just hit 85 and only need my rings/trinkets and I'll be geared out for PvP. I'm curious if I should be using BoL on myself or my partner (2s) during arenas. If there isn't a definite answer, would one please give example situations of when to BoL myself and when to BoL my partner?Kexy3 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 How To Keep Mana As A Holy Paladin In Arena Just wondering. I do well on mana, just wondering all the things I can do to keep almost 80% of my mana like top holy paladins.Boringheals2 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Need some transmog help here.. OK! well, im trying to find the crystal-type draenei set..the one from the cinematic can anyone lemme know where there from? i think it may be the T4 set...but..yeaRayladin2 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Inquisition Mod Hey all, was just wondering what mod folks use to more easily track their inquisition uptime thanks in advanceRogier24 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 H yorsaj CDs and AoE for ret My guild recently started working on H yorsaj, and I was having a little trouble adjusting to a few things. I've only really been MS ret since mid way through 4.3, so I've been getting used to everything. First question is how do I want to use my CDs for the fight? I initially was trying to do the usual opener CD burst at the start, problem with that is the fact that I don't really get the full uptime before bloods spawn. Then I tried setting my CDs back until the 1st blood phase, but the problem with that is that if we get black I either would waste my zealotry, or I'd ignore the adds until it fell off. Neither really seems optimal. So what do you think is the best way to use the CDs for this fight? and 2nd, when we get black adds, I've been swapping to SoR and using DS. Should I also try to be keeping up censure on the boss? or is it not worth the GCD? And any other tips for this fight would be appreciated.Darthelmet1 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Worgen Paladins? With Mists of Panderia on the approach, and every other race besides Worgens and Goblins getting a new class, would it be such a stretch to give us Worgen pallys? It's my second favorite class in the game, and I hate I can't play one with my favorite race. Is there a reason lore-wise on why we don't have them? I mean we have Worgen Priest.Redamouss51 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 if you could live in wow? what zone/ where would you settle? for me that's a tough one, i would probably live just out side ironforge by kranos.Stinkyshoses22 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Heroic DS tanking questions Hi all, So my guild is starting into the realm of Heroic DS content, and I want to see where I stand. Most players I've checked out got w/e dodge/parry was on the gear and went straight mastery til CTC - then stam stacking. I went the route of keep CTC with pure avoidance while gradually reducing mastery. I have a little stam in gems here and there, but not stacking. Will my avoidance stacking be a hinderance vs a higher HP pool in heroics? I usually have basically 20%/20% dodge/parry and 215k hp in our 10m raids (Maintaining CTC). My healers say I'm fine to heal in regulars, but I'd like to be as best prepared as possible. Please share any similar experiences and remedies you may have encountered. Thanks, PogzPogzor8 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 New pally question Do you think I would like the paladin class if I never ever want to heal ever? I am bad at healing and I don't like it so I only have prot and ret to have then. I really liked warrior tanking but mostly because of charge and rend I know the paladin tanking is pbly alot slower. I'm asking because I remember when I used to play when cata first came out I never saw a single ret pally. They were all Prot/holy only. Also might be relivant that I do want to do pvp more than raiding although I will like to do the occasional raid but I like to dps when I raid. Basically I guess I'm asking if ret spec is good in pvp and is allowed to pve or if they're just auto bench?Donaldtrump0 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Ask Vangaurds There are a lot of vanguards fans out there and I thought it might be helpful to the Ret community to start a thread where we could ask Vanguards his opinions. Hopefully, he will share his experience and knowledge with the group. I'll start off with the first question: I have always heard that the HoJ spec yields more damage than the WoG spec. But since I changed to a WoG spec I'm doing more damage. This leads to the question of whether you live longer to do more damage or do more damage to live longer. What are your thoughts on this?Agincourt8 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Best Pally Names Saw this in the priest threads and though i would bring it over here. What are the best paladin names you have seen?Loothoar500 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Prot - Gearing past 378 Excuse me for posting on an alt, but armory is fudged and won't update my characters since I server/faction changed. This character doesn't even exist anymore. I recently started playing again after a year long hiatus and brought a Paladin up to 85 as my new main. I'm currently a guildless protection Paladin that has the best equipment you can get from HoT heroics and justice points, with one valor trinket, and a Soul Drinker I managed to grab from LFR. Everything is properly gemmed(blue gems) and enchanted(+55 stam to chest, best other enchants elsewhere), although even with buffs/elixir/food I'm still missing about 5% from the CTC cap. Even if I resocketted all of my stamina socket bonuses away to mastery gems I doubt I'd hit it. The problem is that at this state in the game, no one is looking for a tank that isn't at least 385. Not in guilds, not in pugs. In order to reach 385+ I only have about three options: 1) LFR every week and hope I get lucky, 2) spend many hours earning about 50k+ gold buying the best crafted tanking stuff on the AH(I've never been good at making gold, I've only got about 6k on me right now and I haven't leveled my profs yet), or 3) start my own guild and pathetically hope to get carried. If there is a 4th option, I'm oblivious to it. I have a Ret set that's equal in ilvl, and perform as well as the gear lets me for the spec as I can play the spec exceptionally well, but there's the issue of being Ret and being undergeared that would prevent me from using that spec to get recruited into either guilds or pugs. The thing is, I know I'm an incredibly exceptional player, but am ultimately held back by my item level and, to a lesser extent, lack of achievements. So, any advice?Twigsie8 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Heroic ultra as prot So if you take a look at my current gear set, you will notice I am wearing the ret 2 piece and some strength trinkets. Normally I have the heroic morchok shoulders and the mastery trinket from VP and the crappy stam trinket that gives the mastery proc. My question is, do you think what I am wearing right now is viable to tank heroic ultraxion, so that I can boost my dps a little bit? I like to wear this in dungeons and I do decently well, but if I am going to get destroyed then I will go back to my regular set. I am asking because I believe my group will not have enough dps to beat the enrage, and I wan't to maximize my own.Bullstench5 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Ret pally how to beat a hunter?? title...Bassex8 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 hows the life of a paladin? i've been a warrior man since lvl 60 was the cap. this is actually my 3rd warrior. recently, i've tried out a DK and i loved it, so i was wondering how a ret or holy plays. i can see that ret does some great damage with wings up, but i also roll a healer and i know that if i can get a global out there i can purge and especially kite a ret. i also very rarely see a paladin as a good tank. i do see them as some great healers in pve and pvp. so what do you guys think? hows the life of a paladin?Swordy10 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Does Hand of Sacrifice Stack? Just wondering if anyone knows this off the top of their heads. Yes, I could just test this but if I can get free answers why not. If so, how do they stack? I'm assuming 100k outgoing damage Target will take 100k x .7 x .7= 51k damage Paladin A will take 100k x .7 x .3= 21k damage Paladin B will take 100k x.3 x .7= 21k damage ?Avermra4 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Holy Paladin Stats. Hello (: I recently rerolled my Paladin and got her to 85. Now, I haven't played a Holy Paladin in a while, end game. I went over the sticky and I'm kind of confused as to what stats are important, besides intellect of course. I want to lean towards haste, but I kind of find myself comfortable with he amount of haste I have right now. I'm not sure how good Mastery is for Holy Paladins. I don't know if I should reforging for Mastery or Crit. I'm completely lost, and any insight would be lovely. Thanks in advance.Anastasiaz3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Holy Dueling Question I watched videos of Holy Pallies dueling but cant figure out what spells they were using to dps the player down with. Videos were not clear and pallies kept moving, not stopping fora 2 second cast. Was wondering what is mainly used in this situation. Pvpoverkill6 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 How am I doing? Exactly as the title says.... How am I doing as far as gear wise. I know I'm missing the boot enchant, I will probably get that when I get home from work tonight. =PNeorancid2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 I was able to tank I took a break. Re-subb'd and download a patch. I went to do not heroic ones and I can't soak. Can you tell me what has changed? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Estle/advancedYachen5 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 What makes Paladins a good class? I'm an altoholic. I can't for the life of me seem to stick with one character for longer than a couple weeks. I'm sick of repeating this process and would like to find a class and just stick to one. So I've decided to post in the class forums for each class and get info from the high level players about the classes and hopefully answers to my questions. I don't really have a lot of questions about Paladins. I'd really just like to know how they are in the end game and, as the title says, what makes them a good, fun class, for you.Avelak42 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Ret pvp - is it really worth it these days? So I missed how ret was so damn good back in vanilla and BC and wrath, I decided to go back to ret pvp last week, after a break. It doesn't seem to have the *Kick * it used to. I feel like ret pallys are insanely weak when it comes to pvp, depending on procs for a burst and the proc never procs. Anyone here good at ret pvp that could give some tips or something? I'm really disapointed with ret pvp right now.Humanelf37 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Problems with Shield of the Righteous? I'm sitting here jamming my keybind for Shield with 3 holy power and CONSISTENTLY get the 'This spell is not ready' error. Am i the only 1?Rhydun5 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Ret pally can't find a spot for RBGs. Is ret pally this bad in RBGs? As hpally you are gurentee a spot but as ret I try it for days and days only 0-1600 team will take me.Lifesavor6 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Just came back....looking for advice Ok so as the thread title states I just came back to the game after a long break...played from vanilla through BC, left right before Wrath. I have always been a healer on this toon but I'm wondering if I should switch to Ret to level him up then back to holy at 85? My problem is it seems the entire way of healing on a pally has changed a ton since I left so should I stay holy as I level to work out the tricks to healing? Any advice would be great... Also I have an 85 mage that I could buy heirloom gear with to send to this toon so any suggestions there would also be great...Ghalandan2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 healing heroic ultraxion (25m) long story short... our hpal left us. I switched from resto sham to hpal. Been raiding for about... 2 weeks on this toon. Just got some new gear that I didn't have in these logs... but am just not where I want to be or where the guild needs me to be to get it down. I'm usually passing red and getting green and then blue. Logged out in current gear (offhand and reg maw new.. had the old maw and 378 shield before). what can I do better? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vdzmoqq92qrofq9i/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-05cwrr2ghpr3qlvb/ 2 days worth of attempts on the fight. I've read the sticky and all comments. Any help appreciated...Nazadin24 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Paladin PVP So i just started a Pally alt and just wondering which spec is the most viable for pvp? Right now im level 14 and i'm basically one shoting everything so it's been fun so far but just curious which spec does the best in pvp?Deathgiver14 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 What should I do with my gear. So I'm kinda torn as to what to do with gemming/reforging at this point. I'm well above CtC cap with raid buffs and my dodge trinket fully proc'd and all the healers don't really think I need more hp, I've been joking around and getting hit/expertise stuff for lolz but I think I want to actually get MORE tanky. Anyone have a spread sheet for maximum tanking efficency? I'm not terribly worried about it were 5/8 heroic and were not wiping because of my deaths we jsut have to get practice on the fights. Let me know!Nephlim1 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Vanguards Ret Dk Priest Stream Clips For those who missed my stream yesterday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zy8LHnb49g Make sure to subscribe / like my facebook and stream page: http://www.facebook.com/samk920 http://www.twitch.tv/samk920Vanguards3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Anyone have advice for beating rogues? Subtlety obviously. I can beat just about every other class except rogues. Any tips on how to do it?Burgess2 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Check this out guys. Going live for the first time and i want your guys input on my game play!! im a holy pally doing some BGs and maybe arenas later! check me out at http://www.own3d.tv/akauveh Thanks!Delorill3 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Low Level Ret PvP This may seem like a silly question but I was wondering if there are any talents I should be more focused on getting for lower levels and as I level up?Aruzar3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Art of War Proc: Flash of Light? Again? I am by no means coming in here trying to claim that I am the penultimate Paladin, but it seems to me that the old proc of Exorcism/Flash of Light might again be something Ret Paladins should have. Yes, back in the days of facerolladins it was definitely OP. But those days are clearly long passed us. Does anyone here also think this should be on the table? It would definitely help our survival chances 1v1, which right now are just about none in the vast majority of situations.Xentaur10 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Paladin tiara?!?!?!?! anyone else remember Vengeful Gladiator's Scaled Helm could of sworn it was a halo and not some lame ol tiara :/Deeznuutz3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Ataraxis or Cataclysmic 2h? Armory isnt working right now so you cant see my gear, but next week ill be able to purchase the Cataclysmic 2h weapon. Is it worth using that much Conquest on it when I have Ataraxis when I can purchase the set pieces im missing?Skilten4 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Help a Paly-tank to be a good dps So, I'm on my way to put together a good PVE dps set, mind to check what im doing good and bad, would like to have a good dps, but i'm so used to tank with this guy that i dont know if im gemming, enchanting, talenting correctly. Hope you can help me TY allCrossu1 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Rosary or Rotting Skull you tell me..... for pveEdasurc13 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Bone Link (LFR) or Creche (normal) for PVP I currently have Bone Link Fetish (LFR) and use it for PVP. I understand that this is a better PVP trinket than Creche (LFR). But if I spend the time to get Creche (normal) wold the added stat benefits (extra strength and Crit) outweigh the Bone Link LFR version? I'm not very good at PVE and it's a grind for me. But i would put the effort into obtaining Creche normal if the PVP benefit would be worth it.Agincourt3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Level 85. What do I get to bridge the gap? I just hit level 85 and am prepared to start the gear grind. I have some Justice Points built up and I was wondering what I should buy for Holy. Cheers. -MartauMartau3 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Spec/Gear questions I have a Prot PvE spec and a Holy PvP spec. I like to tank 5-mans (not geared enough for raids yet) and I like to heal BGs and arenas. The problem I have is in running dailies where both factions are funneled into the same region, like in Tol Barad, Deepholme, and Twilight Highlands. I generally do these quests in my Prot spec/gear, since I can't really kill stuff very efficiently in my Holy spec/gear. However, I find that when I'm jumped by another player while engaging mobs, I go down pretty quickly. Part of that is 1) I got jumped, meaning I didn't have time to prepare and enter the situation on my terms, 2) I'm fighting multiple mobs while getting jacked, and 3) my Prot item level is pretty low (I left the game for a few months and haven't yet gotten my gear up to current standards). I'm not complaining about PvP happening on a PvP server... not at all. I was just wondering if staying in my Prot spec but outfitting myself in PvP Ret DPS gear would make much of a difference in surviving while knocking out my dailies. I still plan to keep my Prot spec intact and have a set of Prot PvE gear for it (as well as keeping my Holy spec and PvP gear intact), just adding a third set of gear that I carry on me for the express purposes of killing mobs and those players who decide to jack me while I'm out questing. What do you guys think? Is this a viable alternative to respeccing? I really would like to keep a Prot PvE and a Holy PvP spec going, but I would like to shorten the amount of time I spend doing dailies by cutting down on the corpse runs. Thanks in advance!Talhard4 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Remember when dueling as Holy was fun Do you guys remember the days of actually being able to do something you enjoy as the spec you enjoy. I have been a Holy Pally since Vanilla, and up until Cata I loved duels. It was an excellent way to improve your playing skills and knowledge of other classes. Back in the day the only thing that could kill me was an Affliction lock with the good ol' mana drain, and that was only skilled locks at that. Now in our current state why bother dueling anyone, you have two choices for damage increase: A) Sac H power for inquisition which, lmfao, that does a lot. Then doing that you lose a valued heal. B) Switch from Seal Of Insight to a Damage dealing seal like Truth, which is pretty much out of the question because the dmg from that is a total joke. Whats the point in being able to duel when your spec/comp has no chance. ffs, a rogue can out heal my dmg easy. I just want to hear others opinions on the situation, I love dueling and its sad that I have to switch to ret just to enjoy it. At least make SOT or inquisition scale with SP or something, doesn't seem that hard to do. I know the fellow sheeps of Blizzard are going to say the game isn't balanced around 1v1, but please tell me wtf is the point of having a duel system still in game when your forced to be a certain spec. Literally every healing spec has some form of damage that isnt terrible except the Holy Paladin, and I know someone is going to say it, reroll...well I did to disc and it straight blows my mind how much funner, and less of a joke it is. Even in MOP paladins losing exo, and auras, the hell are H pallys going to do then? Heal more bad people I guess, lmfao Flame Away~ Supergoob8 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Trinket help Just picked up http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/77978 (LFR version of undying resolve. (sorry dont know how to link it). With my current gear set up (LFR is as far as I go), should I replace the ilvl378 sta trinket with the dodge? I hate losing the hp's and the dodge is not bad when its up. Also, I reforged the shoulders and ring to tanking (both slots had the 378 gear). they seem to be better, my dodge/parry/block is in line with most others. Any help appreciated.Basc2 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Which weapon Souldrinker or Gavel of Peroth'arn? I'm CTC capped with the gavel, and only at 102.18% with souldrinker, which should I use?Velindis9 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 are prot pall's still viable in pvp? as the title say's i was thinking of coverting my jp to honor and pvping as prot or do i have to go holy? ty in advance ShinhoShinho22 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 Always remember this my son. Only a paladin can wear full purple and still be a man.Uchtryd7 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 PVP gearing questions for holy pallies Everywhere I read that Intellect > Crit > Spirit > Resilience > Haste > Mastery > Hit for us, but then I see all the top pallies choosing the boots, etc. with spirit on them instead of the ones with crit. Am I missing something? Also, half of them are using mastery enchants instead of haste. What do you all prefer and why? Thanks for any advice you can give me before I go and spend my points and gold :) AndieAndie9 Feb 13, 2012
Feb 13, 2012 New to (keybinding overall) Any Idea's? Hi all, I'm looking for someone that's experienced with keybinding, I've never keybinded before on wow and having a really hard time with it. Anyone have any tips for me? I've searched the web, but I haven't had any luck. I'd really appreciate any of your comments, thanks.Kaeuta16 Feb 13, 2012