Paladin

Jul 24, 2012 Bars too cluttered! But my AW macro is broke. Hello. Im trying to make a shift modifier macro for avenging wrath and zealotry.. I already have 2 shift modifier macros and they work fine, but for whatever reason the secondary spell (when shift is held down) wont work. Ive tried switching the order of the spells, and ive tried moving the macro to another binding. Neither worked. Any ideas? Heres the macro: #showotoltip /cast [modifier:shift] avenging wrath; zealotry /cast Lifeblood /use Fezzik's PocketwatchIndie8 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 White transmog set (color not quality) I'm sure this has been asked but every time i search for white plate set for transmog it always comes up with stuff for white quality gear but thats not what i'm asking. I'm wondering if anybody knows of a white or silver would even work plate set for pally's. I saw someone wearing a pretty cool white set but didn't get a chance to inspect it to see what it was.Icemanx24 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Transmog Weapon Question Does anybody know a mace or sword that would match my transmog set (Tier 6). I haven't been able to find a cool looking weapon that matches this set. It isn't the complete set, but it is most of it.Perilous4 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Question about Stickies So I was reading over the ret sticky just being sure that I am doing all that I can at my level, and I noticed that the sticky is almost 16 months old. Is the information in the ret sticky still what I should be looking at? ThanksJahn2 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Returning Paladin seeking advice Took quite a hiatus after leveling to 85 when cataclysm came out, now returning to the game again. But I have a few questions being that I've been out of the game a while. What is the viability of Ret/Prot in PVE and PVP? Are either out-shining the other in any area's? I was prot for WotLK raiding ICC 25m HM's progression when I quit and didn't stay around in cataclysm very long. Any leads as to where I should start again would be greatly appreciated.Delathin3 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Playing Shockadin on PTR I set up a 'shockadin' on the PTR, it's actually quite fun! It would never hold up in a group but for soloing it's more than viable. I am tearing mobs up in the field. (attacks) Denounce (cast at range) Judgement (on cooldown) Holy Shock (on cooldown) Crusader Strike (when in melee range) Word of Glory+ Glyph of Harsh words (crit's for about 50k) Hammer of Wrath (execute) (seal) Seal of Insight (Spell haste and mana) (glyphs) Glyph of Harsh Words (WoG becomes an attack) Glyph of Word of Glory (WoG increases all damage done 9%) Glyph of Holy Shock (increases damage of Holy Shock) (talents) Selfless healer (to generate HP from free flashes of light on self+Beacon of Light) Divine Purpose (for occasional free WoGs) (comments): It will never be supported by blizzard, but if it just had some AoE spells and some way to benefit from mastery it could be quite viable. For example, imagine a Shockadin mastery that causes holly attack spells to leave a lingering/rolling DoT on the Target like a fire Mage's Ignite, and imagine if Glyph of Harsh words also allowed Light of Dawn and Holy Radiance to also be AoE attacks, it would have a fairly complete dps toolkit.Alnair1 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 24, 2012 Need cooler weapon Can any find a weapon that would go great with my set? I'm tired of ironsoul. BTW, I know alot of you might say World Breaker, but I don't like the red glow.Garhand6 Jul 24, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Beacon off GCD in MOP?! http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=63218 Glyph of Beacon of Light Holy Removes the global cooldown on Beacon of Light. I see potential benefits to Holy Power generation, mana conservation, throughput per second, triage, and AOE/multiple target healing. Any benefits would be 100% skill-dependent, though, to the point where some might be better off with, or just flat out prefer, a glyph that provides a static/passive bonus. I expect in many situations it will add an element of freedom and choice to my playstyle. I'm happy to see it, hope it's for real and hope it goes live. I hope I'm skilled enough to make it pay.lol. I'm neither a half of a fifth of a tenth of a theorycrafter, nor in the beta, so I have no throughput or regen equivalent numbers, but this smells like it could be a rotation-/playstyle-/game-changer for holy pallies. I wonder if the interaction with Tower of Radiance could cause balance issues with mana. I admit I'll like the extra Holy Power, but mostly I'm excited because being able to freely* (*3s cd) move Beacon will give me more choice in spell selection and positioning on a moment-by-moment basis. I haven't seen anything in beta forums about this glyph. yet. edited to copy+paste glyph tooltipHareelarry0 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 How to get to Catacylsm Content? I am only two levels away from Cataclysm content and was just wondering what the best way to get there from Stormwind is? Also, should I delete any green colored quests in my Quest Log?Cycra6 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Paladin mounts Can my dwarf mount get a horse paladin mount or do I only get a Ram mountLouradran12 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Blizzard should unnerf pallies. I think that blizz should unnerf pallies so that in pvp you can do more dps over time with vengance i think thats what its called. I mean why do we need it in pve it just does more dmg and tanks dont need to do dmg in raids and dungeons but in pvp you need to kill people and do more dmg.Azrk19 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Need Experinced Prot Pally's (Or WoW Players) I need somebody who is experienced in Prot Pally's (Or WoW in general) to lend me a hand. This is the highest I've ever gotten a WoW character, and I plan on it being my first level 85. My dilemma is that my armor level is TERRIBLE. I can barely get into the dungeons, let alone survive. So, if anyone could help me, it would be very much appreciated!Eradicous11 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 how much hp should i have at lvl 70 ? greatly appreciatedVyndorathran17 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 How is Ret faring in MoP? I played a Ret Paladin back in BC and was wondering how they're going to be doing in MoP in both PvP and PvE. I'm bored and have plenty of time to roll an alt, should I try Paladin or will it not be worth the time put in?Quellious1 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Patch 5.0 Tier 13 2 set bonus question. I've taken a look at how we're going to be getting holy power from a lot of new sources in the expansion/pre-patch. I was wondering if there's any plans to change the T13 bonus or if its possible Judgement will grant 2 Holy Power charges instead of 1 due to both effects stacking. Anyone seen anything about this written somewhere?Pârts1 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 Less Spells for Ret in MOP Anybody else PO'd about how they removed so many spells for ret in MoP? I hate not having divine plea, divine light, holy light, holy wrath. Eventhough we may not need them that much anymore I still feel like my spec is getting dumbed down again. I haven't even tried any other specs I hope they don't feel as simplistic.Depechemode33 Jul 23, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Ret paladins in pvp(read plz) I just wanted to know how ret pallys are in pvp these days, and for just a little bit of advice on how to play one.Thank you.Dizy2 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Opinions/Suggestions for Paladin Transmog. So, I've essentially finished this set - although I'm thinking of adding in the boots and gloves that correspond to these legs, I'm not quite sure. What I really would like, however, is some suggestions as to a one-handed mace and main-hand axe that would suit this set, a helm too, would be nice. :) Opinions on the overall set welcome! I know armory shows things a different than in-game, so here's a screenshot: http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd508/ej4y/WoW%20Transmog/WoWScrnShot_072012_182817.jpg Thank-you! Adraxyn2 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 Holy PvP questions from a complete noob. Ok, so I just hit 85 last night, got my starter crafted PvP gear. My weapon and shield as well as my trinkets are still quest greens though, I haven't been able to find anything better right now :(. Anyway, I have read some PvP strategy for BGs and the like, and I think I know what spells and such I am supposed to use, and I figure I'll just need to practice to get ok. Now on to the questions. It may seem obvious, but I'm curious as to which Seal I should be using for PvP healing. I think Insight, but it seems to me that nothing really makes healing better, and even with Insight it looks like I have to melee things to get heals? Or is it when I'm hit by melee? And which aura should I be using? I mean, I know it depends on what other pallys are using and the like, but if I'm the only pally? Should I generally be using concentration aura for when I need to pop Aura Mastery? Or is it purely situational? Anyway, thank you all so much for any help you may have to offer.Aruhn25 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 OMG flying horses? So now that were into Cataclysm and flying mounts are practically a necessity, what about giving Paladins and Warlocks some originality back and giving us class flying mounts? Might i suggest a Pegasus? :DVledmaz11 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2012 New to wow and wow forums...coupleofquestions Hello guys as you have read above I am new to World of Warcraft and these forums but I have a couple of question about the retribution paladin class. I don't know if these questions have been addressed before so i'm just gonna put them up. Please respond i really want to know.... Why does consecration suck so much? Half the base mana cost for just 5k damage against the enemy over time with a 30 sec cd! A single judgment could do the same instantly but only cost like 1000 mana and potentially give me long arm of the law, replenishment, judgment of the bold and if your speced the way i am you can get judgment of the pure. Also to go with judgment if you are geared with the high end stuff one of the set bonuses will give you 1 holy power every judgment. So from the looks of it consecration is only good when you are trying to fight a rouge that went invisible but even then a rouge with more than one brain cells would just wait the 10 seconds and then sap or cheap shot followed by them unloading there payload on you, which is majorly op by the way. And even if the rouge attacks when consecration is up it doesn't matter anyways because they will still stun you and just stand on the most useless move ever. If Blizzard made it so that if you judge or holy wrath any one in the aoe of consecration they should either get slowed, snared or stunned for a short time, consecration would be a more used move and move effective! My second question goes with the cd of judgment, why is it 8 seconds? Judgment doesn't even hit that high so why make the cd so long? It should have some sort of slow or some sort of stun because when I am fighting a frost mage or a hunter I feel like im running a marathon because they just slow me and with freedom on cd and cleanse #%%@!@ my mana supply there's no way for me to get to them and im not about to divine shield just to get unsnared or unstunned for 8 seconds just to watch them run even further away from me and then once the bubble falls they start trapping me again. The reason why i bring this up is that the only instant cast ranged move is judgment and with it being a 8 second cd i can only use it a limited amount before they kill me. I'm just going to say this blatantly Divine shield needs a shorter cd. With a 5 second cd i don't know when to use it in a bg becuase im always thinking "should i bubble right now with the whole horde team right there and mabye stall them for 9 seconds or so or should i just let them kill me and use it on a 1 on 1 later in the bg?" Ultimately I realize at the end of the bg that i actually never used it and get angry and think "hmm maybe i wouldn't of gotten 40 deaths if i had actually used it." Divine shield should be a 3 min cd so we can use it more! And my final question is who the hell thought of forbearance... its annoying, why is it there? Thanks in advance guys i really want to know the answers to these questions they are haunting me and discouraging me a lot!Rustyy4 Jul 22, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 LFR 2 piece tier 13 and some other questions. I know 2 pieces of tier 13 are great for pvp but what if they are lfr? Is it still worth it?Aeronautic2 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Getting CTC cap with a stamina trinket Hey guys I need advice. I am so close to the ctc cap - but I can quite squeeze out the little bit more I need. So I have a couple questions, Do you need to reach it BEFORE buffs? Also, how does everyone do this without two mastery trinkets? I would like to equip "souldrinker" but my ctc cap falls to the 90s with that. Could you guys look at my gear and give me advice please. I am currently waiting for VP cap resets so I can replace my cloak and chest. I have a 397 belt, but my current one is better mastery wise.Agalorn22 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 21, 2012 Which Weapon is Better? Is normal mode Gurth'alak better then Heroic Ataraxis?( the weapon from warmaster blackhorn) for ret pallies.Yearnîng2 Jul 21, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Tanking advice and (how to overcome DBs) I began playing wow this past February, with no prior gaming experience of any kind what so ever, not even on a console. I spent a good 3 weeks researching and getting a feel for the different classes and professions and such. I finally decided on a Prot Pally as that was the most appealing and tanking seemed ideal, and challenging. I found a good talent tree and went to work. Around the 30s I attempted some dungeons as that is what seemed like a necessary evil for time saving and good gear. I was booted out of the first 3 I tried because no one wanted a "noob tanking". I can understand, so I followed some advice and got better, but qued in all dungeons as DPS so I could actually be allowed to complete them. I became a million times better and got some decent sequences down. However, at level 83 I am now getting asked and even chastised for queing as DPS since I am built for tanking. Recently, in a few past dungeons, I would unintentionally steal some of the agro from the tank and that has angered ppl, so I decided to try and tank once more. Now I am just getting paired up with !@#$%^-s, who within the first 30 sec look at my DPS and kick me before the fight even begins. I have taken multiple groups to the final boss (with no one dying) or roughly half way when I get told things like "take off Righteous Fury" and then get kicked for it. Or "don't pull anything for a min" and then get kicked for apologizing if I was pulling to quickly. I WANT TO GET BETTER MORE THAN ANYTHING. But I just don't know how to overcome this. I understand that at 83 people should mostly have their stuff together, and I feel like I am not far away, I just can't quite get there. I like this game and I would like to continue playing, however, as I am in my mid 20s, I have no time for childish B.S from players who want to act like little children cause they have nothing better to do. Any suggestions or ideas? I would appreciate anything, better pull sequences, techniques or anything. Thank you.Velisona6 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 New ret ability have anyone ever thought of a 30-60 sec cd that give us 3hp?Franchise1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 So whats the problem with ret PvP 4.3/MoP What is the problem with the ret paladin in PvP. I don't understand why it is so underpowered right now and do any of you know if ret PvP in MoP is gonna be fixedNyon5 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Holy Paladin Haste Question I've been going over some guides on the forums and online, and I'm curious if there are differing opinions on a "optimal" haste level for a holy paladin. Is it just stack the heck outta haste, haste to personal comfort, or (according to the sticky for hpally healing) gearing to 777 haste and moving on? Currently my haste rating stands at 1690 (or a little over 16%) and this is over double what the paladin sticky says could potentially be optimal. I feel as though this is a fairly solid haste (I could always use more though) because, with judgements of the pure, I get my DL cast time under 2 seconds, and I don't burn up all my mana. TL;DR - what are people's opinions on a good haste rating for a holy paladin (healing normal FL/DS etc)? Is it personal preference or what? TY all in advance for responsesThefratador2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Holy Paladin Help Hey everyone, I have recently decided to try out some healing. I have gotten decent gear, and my ilvl is around 385. I have read up about Holy Paladin gems/enchant on sites such like Noxxic. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some tips about cd usage and gameplay, thanks!Diçtator1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 As of today..selfless healer or sacred shield so with the nerf of sacred shield and the buff of the 30% healing to WoG and flash of light (through sword of light) which will be the way to go for ret pvp?Cantbtouched3 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 New to the game (Ret Paladin) I'm just wondering what pvp trinkets and rings i should get from the honor quatermaster. I got a few options. Was just wondering ppl's opinions. ThanksTeeroyjenkin3 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Looking for pvp gearing tips I wanted to know a fast way to gear for holy pvp, I'm just looking for fast gearing tips from paladins(which is why this isnt in BG forums or anything). I hit like a limp noodle, but I'm Queueing AVs and running in the pack. Any tips?Priestofwar4 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Miner transmog help Recently I picked up the cold iron pick from the stockade and decided to go and get the hardhat. The shoulders match the helmet, same with the cape. I'm just not sure about the rest of the armor. Don't think I want to have an entirely yellow costume though. It seems making a workman / miner transmog set with plate isn't as easy as with leather.Galfraz1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 clcret config for h ds? Is there a better a configuration for h ds for rotations?Galandris0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Open Libram XXXIII: Pally-Con 2012 ... Previous Libram and Libram archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036114523 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Social networking, hurrah: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2707/ponydinselidra.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHAPaladinchaz500 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 2PC PvE vs. PvP gear issues Seriously, why isn't the bonus from 2PC T13 PvE implemented in the ret spec??? Without it, it's very hard to build up Holy Powers for either heals or damage, the ramp up time for the damage of the ret without 2Pc PvE is so long. Please mods, address this and this would help us alot on the PvP scene as it would also help the PvE sceneNyon2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Build for leveling. I have a level 64 paladin and I havent played him in over three years.. I was wondering what a good build for a level 68 would be. I know they have specs and rotations and stuff at Noxxic.com but it doesnt seem like they have builds for lower levels. If anyone has any websites I can check out I would greatly appreciate it. Or if they just want to give me advice that would be awesome. Thank youSenatex2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 70 ret twink so im planning on twinking my pally at 70.. no idea how to spec, could somebody help a bruthah outOvalbaja4 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 need ways to improve my tanking hello i am asking about ways to impove my tanking ability in general because I am somehow taking a lot more damage compared to a dk with lower gear score then me I try to time holy shield right before a boss hit instead of afterward I use divine protection for more minor nukes I save guardian of the ancient kings for when big nukes come out I also use divine protection for when my raids is about to take quite a bit of raid damage is there anything I am missing when it comes to tanking? btw please don't comment on my divine protection glyph because I was using that to tank ultraxion last nightAzatha9 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Stick with engineering or go gem cutting? Hello all. I am currently max mining and engineering. I dont really pvp anymore and I dont seem to use much from engineering. As someone planning to continue gearing and playing as Holy main spec, Ret off spec would it be worth it for me to drop engineering and pick up gem cutting? ThanksTeflonbilli8 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Quick tank mitigation question If I have 102.4% avoidance spread out relatively equal among parry, dodge, and block, and I hit holy shield, will that extra block percentage push some of the dodge or parry off the attack table, resulting in more damage taken, since dodge and parry is complete avoidance, and block is just damage reduction? ThanksSpirah3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Deciding on 2-Piece Combo for Ret PVP I am working on gearing up with a tier 13 2-piece bonus in mind for arenas, but having some trouble deciding on which two pieces to use. Until recently, I was thinking of using legs and chest, as these options reduce my least favored stat (haste) and boost my two favored (crit and mastery). I am aware that some paladins favor haste, but I gear mine with crit and mastery in "near equal" servings. However, another paladin approached me and suggested that legs-shoulder was the best comp. I would be inclined to agree were it not for the fact that my current season 11 shoulders cover my expertise requirement without need for any reforging, gemming, or enchanting into more. This means that my off-set items can instead focus on more useful stats like mastery, crit, and haste if nothing else. This paladin insisted to me that expertise is not as useful in PVP - that there is always a chance for your opponent to dodge, and that expertise merely reduces that chance from your end of the equation. I was surprised and a little bemused. While I was already aware that my opponents' dodge chance would always benefit from talents, glyphs, gear, etc., I did not realize that expertise could be thought of as so insignificant. Everything I have read has suggested to me that both hit and expertise are crucial because they relate directly to whether or not you will land a strike. If you cannot land a strike, you deal no damage, and so I would have logically thought that these two stats were tantamount. My newfound advisor told me that she uses an expertise rating of about 6, suggesting to me that not only does she not gear for the stat, but she does not glyph for it either. If this is a common practice for PVP, I would like to first ask if anyone can confirm or deny this claim. I would like to think that I have researched PVP and my class extensively, but I have never heard anything that downplays the role of expertise. More to the point, whether or not anyone can definitively testify for or against my advisor's claim, I am now deciding on which two pieces to use. TL;DR: If you have used the two-piece comp in your gear, or have been thinking about it, please tell me what your choice has been/might be, and why it might be most beneficial. I am currently favoring crit and mastery over haste. Also, how important is expertise in PVP?Donahue3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Best trinkets for ret on H Madness? Hey guys, gonna keep it simple: What are the best trinkets to use for H Madness as a Ret paladin? I tried using H Creche + Normal Spine trinket (Don't have the heroic one, yet.) and pulled ~59k. This week I used Normal Spine trinket + H Bonelink fetish (thinking the AoE from the bloods would push me over 60k.) Only pulled 52k :\... So would the best trinkets to use be H Creche + H Spine trinket, or am I not using Bonelink to its potential on the fight? Only want to know so I can pull the highest DPS I can :DTheappfan2 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Help WIth Ret Macros and Talent tree please?? I am a human paladin and i need help with macros, i am hitting hard but very slow. i find myself running out of moves and waiting on cool downs very often. I also need to get a better talent tree and need to know what the best glyphs are for Ret. Thanks :)Daholymage3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Ret aoe How do you do it? Which seal and which spells take priority?Kulos6 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Question about Healing Heroics Hey Guys, I am thinking about switching over from healing pvp to healing raids. I know that I am going to have to get all new gear to heal heroics. My question is this: is healing heroics that much different from healing in pvp? I have gotten a handle on healing bg's and what not. My friend is going to tank with her DK so we shouldn't have any problems with getting ques. Any help is appreciated. BilphinsBilphins4 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 There may never have been a thread as good as the one asking about how to turn off Righteous Fury. And there may never be one better. Thank you fellow pallies.Jamina5 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 I'm Holy PVP doing 3's, improvements? I run with an UH dk and a rogue. Any tidbits would be nice!Luminescent1 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 RIP Judgement. We hardly knew ye. "Judgement" is now correctly spelled as Judgment in beta. It feels so silly to spell it like that.Kaitelynn15 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Need help with Transmog! :D I need some help putting together something that fits well with Pauldrons of Roaring Flame if anyone is willin' to help<3 :DExalus1 Jul 19, 2012