Paladin

Aug 2, 2012 a question about gear i would like to ask the advice of pallys far more experienced than i. based on my current gear, would it be an upgrade to switch to the JP gloves for the 2-piece or stick with the ones i have. I know im missing some chants and gems, and i appologize for the terrible formating, im on my phone at work. any help would be greatly welcomed.Luchyous1 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Should I go ret? Ok so I was thinking of going ret, (I was holy) And I don't think I have the right gear for it (healing gear). So if I went ret right now would I still be able to put out sufficient damage? This is for PVE btw. (Keep in mind I'm new to this game, this character was made level 80 from a scroll of resurrection)Hankel5 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Low dps as a ret pally I'ne noticed in lfr and hot runs my dps is a bit on the low side on hots I'm either 1st 2nd or lately 3rd dps usually pulling anywhere from 12-18k with an ilvl of 377 (364 equipped)I've also started using an add-on called CLCret but I haven't configured it in anyway (newadin) So to the point, I wanted to know what I could to improve a bit my rotation I don't know ATM but I'll post it soon. Also off-topic but my dps on normal DS was pretty atrocious like maybe top 10 dpsArchtroll7 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Gonna start healing again... any advise? Buddy has been trying to get me back into healing. I had stopped once i hit 80 because i found dpsing was perfectly fine for what i was wanting. But he's been asking me to heal more and more (less healers or something are queuing) so i am going to start healing again. But my question is are there any major changes to game mechanics i should know about for healing that happened in 4.0.1? Did something i would have used a lot before no longer exist? anything i should be aware of before i jump back into healing? My holy gear isn't bad, around 4600 lulzscore (all offrolls from heroics). i probably wont spend much JP on anything since cata is a month off, so other than the healing libram i'll probably just hoard all my JP till cata. Also, i don't plan on raiding on this guy. If i want to raid ill do it on one of my other 3 more active ones, i just want to be good enough to heal friends through their daily heroics as me having a toon with an unused healing spec when i could be helping them get through their dailies a little easier is some affront to them. Also, i realized i should have probably logged out in my holy gear...Malcolm7 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Simple pally dps at 85 question I was just wondering...is Ret hard to get right at level 85? I know MoP will be out soon and i'm sure some changes will come...but at the moment it seems like I see a lot of bad retadin dps. Rarely do I see them doing well. As I try the rotation at 81 it seems like it might be kinda hard to get it to work right. And I know great pally dps CAN be...have seen it also plenty of times. Main question is basically is it a hard rotation and does the dps stay solid...or does it fluctuate a lot. Thanks!Hoist6 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Heroic Tendons tweaking. I'm looking to tweak my Tendon strategy which I feel is already very good. In one lift without hero I am consistantly in the 1.7-1.9 million range. (2 mil + with hero) Eye of Unmaking (880 str) and Valor trinket (strength on use) I'm a little under expertise capped for a slight boost. Ilvl 403 for this fight. How I currently do it: When the Amalg starts stacking up I hold my holy power. (and hold all procs that pop) When he gets to 9 stacks I pop Inquisition When he hits 1 HP I pop Guardian (and potion). I stay and attack the Amalg until he is at 50% casted of the exlosion. Judge and run away. Attack bloods while away continuing to build Guardian stacks. After the explosion I run in and start spamming my macro so it fires the instant the tendon spawns. I'm not at home now but my macro is something like this: /clear target /targetexact Burning Tendons /focus /use (exists) Skull trinket (whatever it's called) /cast (exists) Zelotry /cast (exists) Templar's Verdict Spell Priority: Templar's Verdict Excorsism Crusader's strike Hammer of Wrath If none of these are available I do not judge and waste a global. I wait till of these cools. Would Gurth (403) give more burst than 410 Yorsahj axe? Anything not obvious I'm missing that helps a little? (ie anything off the global cooldown that adds a censure stack would be great) (Note to self: Verify that Consecrate/taunt don't add censure stacks) Haste > Crit for tendon?Capital1 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 1v1 vs. Enhancement Shaman? I know the game isnt balanced around 1v1, or balanced around anything really, but I feel like enhancement is our total counter class? I can't really touch them in 1v1 situations. Anyone else? If not, any advice on how to beat them? Thanks!Ill7 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Help! I'm trying to arena as Ret. I know my way around the raid environment, but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to the nitty gritty of PvP. My Disc Priest friend will be moving to my server soon and he wants me to play 2s with him and grind BGs and whatnot. I've got some history in PvP, but I'm absolutely rusty and haven't actually done anything serious since, say, 4.0.3. The nerf to WoG made me rage PvP pretty hard. Anyway, I've got a few questions that I found difficult to get straight answers for via the stickies and other PvP threads posted here. I'm looking for answers from at least medium-highly rated Arena players. ... Thanks in advance for any solid information you guys can provide. Cheers.Svayne11 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Paladin or Shaman for MoP? Hey, I know everyone is dead sick of these topics and I as well, but I could really use the advice. I am having the hardest time ever picking between these two and some information from you guys would help so much. I won't just blindly ask the question, I'll give my (hopefully) short list of preferences and maybe that will help. I don't have access to the MoP beta but I am looking purely from a MoP standpoint and not about the current status of these two awesome classes. (My bro is going Druid for MoP, and I don't have too much interest in Priest). Healing is by far my favorite role, and it's practically all I did up until now but in MoP I plan on branching out a bit. As such my experience with Enhancement and Retribution are severely limited. -Anyway my focus will be on causal PvE, and because of school will center around BG's largely as well (and rBG's hopefully). -I'm looking for a dynamic damage spec that is more chaotic and fast than rotation based. -Being able to group heal and single target heal effectively is vital to me as well. -Visual effects are important too, I like the group I'm healing to know I'm there saving them. (It's stupid of me, but I've always enjoyed flashy spells in RPG's) -I also love utility and being able to make my allies stronger with buffs and auras and whatnot. -In terms of healing and damage, having super cooldowns to use when the going gets tough makes things really fun for me too. That's what my preferences mainly are. I don't care about what is strong at the time or anything like that, I just want to have fun, and the list above are the things that make it fun for me. Thanks again for all the help, I know these topics suck, but it does really help me so much! /bowIkazuchi2 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Dungeon and PvP Ret Specs Could you give me the two most ideal specs for Retribution in Pvp, and the other one for Dungeons and Raids? Thank youIgnalios4 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 PvP Questions from a noob! Hello paladins, Its been a long time since I have played WoW. When BC came out I fell in love with arena 2v2 and 3v3. I reached 2150 on my 3's team before leaving the game. The game has changed drasticly since then. So I am very noobish again. My question is I am wanting to create a healer for 2v2, but mainly 3v3. I just cant figure out which healer type. My 2nd highest character is a pally so I figure that is a good place to start. However, I am not sure how effective holy pallies are in arenas. The reason is because I remember long ago, druids being amazing. There incredible mobility and shapeshifting ways made them difficult to lock down, they had crazy CC (Cyclone, root, Bash) , and were able to heal on the move (or heal and forget). Pallies on the other hand have only BoF for movement on a decent CD (not like druids I shapeshift and get out any time) and it seems most of pally healing comes from hard casts. So my question is which healer has the easiest time in arena, and are pallies good healers in 3v3? If so what comp is good for the Holy pally?Icenni2 Aug 1, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Possible to level thru Dungeons as Holy/Heals Hi, I have never played as a pally healer, but I would like to learn. One thing I believe is that its best to start from the beginning and work your way up. So, what I was wondering is if it's possible to level up as a pally healer from 15 to 80 strictly healing as a pally in dungeons alone? I don't know if it will be possible to get all Intell/Spirit gear in mail and plate form from dungeons on the way up. Will I need to fill in with leather and cloth along the way? Thank you!Galendore7 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Valor Point Help The time has come where I must decide what to buy with my Valor points this week. I am trying to decide if I should buy Reflection of the Light or Threadlinked Chain The trinkets I am currently using are Heart of Unliving and Foul Gift of the Demon Lord The neckpeice I have is Firemind Pendant Which one would be the better upgrade? Thanks.Diçtator2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 OPEN LIBRAM : XXXV - Eternal Fires Burn ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6146475103 Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Social Networking: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ My Little Ponydins: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA . EDIT: THE TITLE RETURNS!! EDIT2: Annnnnd....the Archive of the Libram is now updated. You're welcome!Arthinas500 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 4.3 - which tanking trinkets Was wondering which tanking trinkets people have their eyes set on for tanking now. In my eyes Fire of the Deep and Soulshifter Vortex would be best at the moment. I was wondering how people would rank them compared to others like: Veil of Lies Indomitable Pride Varo'then's Brooch Just trying to figure out what combo will work best for pally tanks in order to be fair to the other tank in my 10man. Thanks!Denzalo6 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Healadin PvP Basics - I've noticed that there is no sticky for a PvP healing guide, so I just assumed that there isn't one. Please note that PvP healing is a considerable step up from PvE healing in terms of required skill, so look at the PvE guide if you're completely new to paladin healing. Also, I will add more in installments if people like what I have to say, but I'm just going to start with basic PvP requirements and emphasize a few things that may not get fully covered in the other PvP guides. Table of Contents - 1. Movement and Casting 2. Reactions 3. Arenas vs BGs 4. Pallies vs Other Healing Classes 5. Spec, Glyphs, Stat Priority 1. --Movement and Casting-- In PvE, a person can normally sit still and spam big healing spells constantly. Certain scenarios require more movement, but this is still nothing when compared to movement in PvP. CONSTANT movement is a simple requirement in PvP no matter what class or spec that you are. There are periods where you may be able to stand and heal but those will be far and few between (you will almost always have a rogue up your butt the entire time to prevent you from doing just that). This all being said, LEARN TO HEAL ON THE RUN. Your new best friends are: Holy Shock, Flash of Light, and Word of Glory. Other heals are used infrequently. Constant movement can reduce or even nullify incoming damage, prevent enemies from using offensive utilities, and will prevent enemies from ever being able to have a constant position advantage. Position advantage is a very in depth topic and primarily for serious arena PvPers so I will not be talking about it in detail at this point. Juicy stuff for later =). Effective PvPers nuke the healers (this is primarily in BGs. Arena strategies vary dramatically). I cannot stress enough that as a healer in BGs you will almost always be the focus target and under constant duress. You will not be able to stand still to cast heals because they will get interrupted. Being interrupted is the most devastating effect for healadins because ALL spells will be locked for a minimum for 4 seconds. No cooldowns, no bubble, no abilities apart from items can be used at all. Exhaust your instant healing spells completely before trying to cast something. As a direct result of instant heals, you are able to move without interrupting them yourself so only stop and cast when you have no other choice OR the damage being taken is insignificant. To be more specific, keeping people topped off is less of a priority than simply keeping them from going down completely, but it is still a good thing that everyone is at their max health pool as much as possible. If there is only light damage, it is simply more acceptable to be interrupted when your target is at 90% health, than when they are at 20%. Also, when moving and positioning yourself, don't forget that you have interrupts and other offensive capabilities that must be used to their fullest extent for effective PvP. Simply put, running away isn't always the right answer. The whole point in ANY situation is for you and your allies to endure and survive as long as possible. As for specific class encounters, please post a movement or positioning question and I will do my best to answer or get the right answer for you.Sunlust25 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Soloable raid anyone know a solo able raid i could do ? Or two ?Vyndorathran9 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Transmog 1h sword suggestion? Hi, I like my set, but as you can see the sword is absolutely terrible. I need a replacement that matches this set, any suggestions? Thanks.Arthrin15 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Eternal Flame So eternal flame is a direct heal along with HoT?Leoheals20 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 How do you kill Frost Mages? Please enlighten me. I cant EVER find a way to kill them unless i get lucky. this is 1v1.Lighthvader2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Ret 3v3 help I usually do pretty decent in duels and 2v2, but my friend took me 3v3 and i just freeze up in 3v3 there so much i have to do bop the healer, freedom the dk and wog on cd it seems i feel like theres so much to do at once i know im holding everyone back, the dk is a duelist and the healer is a 2300 on an alt i feel like im holding both of them down, so any tips not to freeze (or macros whateva) so i feel less like a !@#$ty player which i probably am. Hope my little paragraph made sense lol, thanks in advanceHolyomg10 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 tanking DS could i do it ?Vyndorathran8 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Prot Pally- Do I have to use crusader strike? Before anything read me out. I know cs beats out hor on single target. Is it mandatory though? I am used to using hor for everything, despite it being less damage. When I use hor, I am more in my groove and can concentrate more on the fight. When I try to rotate between the two I am too busy trying to make sure I am using cs and not hor to focus on my other spells. Simply put, I can not focus on what needs to be done when I use cs.Whatislove17 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Ret 2v2 My friend plays a ret pally in 2v2 arena. I'll be joining him and was wondering what specs and classes work well with a ret. I have an 85 shaman, mage and druid, and I'm open to any of their specs if they're a decent synergy with ret. -ZooZoology8 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 New Race/Class combos for MoP? I've been reading a lot from people who think that another race is going to play pallys in MoP. Like the Worgren or something weird. Is that true? If it is, another paladin choice should go to the Alliance, but another shaman choice for Horde. I want BE to be some sort of corrupted shaman, mostly because Merciless glad shammy gear looks sooo hawt on a BE....I'm lame, !@#$ I know.Sunlust2 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 [PVP] Tsunami VS Badge of Dominance Thoughts? I see a bunch of pallies using the DMC but I haven't touched it since I replaced it with my Heart of Unliving (LFR, hasn't dropped in normal :(). I just can't come to terms using a 359 in pvp. :\Lodesia4 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 side-by-side Cataclysmic vs MoP pvp gear I made a video showing a side-by-side comparison of my non-elite season 11 cataclysmic pvp gear, in live server and in the current beta server. This shows each and every single piece one at a time. Obviously this was a straight character-copy, and I did not change any gear, or any gemming/enchants/reforging on the gear. Some interesting changes if anybody is curious. At the end of the vid is the character profile/stats comparisons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGqukM3YkY (sorry, no music)Kraniel6 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 ret vs mm hunter Who do you think has the advantage in a 1v1 here.Cryxian6 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Looking for advice from my fellow Paladins I'm at a bit of a crossroads with my WoW playing. After trying and deleting more alts than I care to imagine over the years, this Paladin is my only existing character. While I'm no where near being "capped out" with him on things like mounts, companions, titles, reputations, and achievements (you can see if you inspect me that I've not done much at all with this character in a pretty long time), I am a completionist at heart, and I'm looking for a little help. I've had it in my head that my Paladin is a tank in PvE (LFG 5-man dungeons right now... not geared to Raid currently) and a healer in PvP (mostly random BGs... my former Arena partners have unsubscribed). That's just how I felt I brought the most from my class to the table. I'm at a point now where I plan to try to "cap out" my character by hitting my dailies consistently, working on my reputations, getting mounts and companions and tabards, and working toward titles and achievements. The problem I'm finding is that in my 2 specs, I'm not very efficient at doing this stuff on my own. I can farm old (prior expansion) dungeons and content and not really worry about dying doing it, but I'm not at my best, either. I'm on a PvP (RP-PvP, actually) server and while I can throw on a set of PvP Retribution gear in my Protection spec to help with those times I'm running dailies in Tol Barad and encounter a little PvP, it's not optimal. What do you guys do? Should I focus one of my specs on PvE (heal or tank) and the other on Retribution PvP? Is that a good way to knock out dailies and other achievements? Does that bring much to the table when I do eventually get into Arenas and Rated BGs again? How about both 5-mans and Raids... is one playstyle on the Paladin (tank or heal) more suited to our class? I don't see a lot of Paladin healers... is it a sub-optimal spec? I've got some time and effort (not lately) into this toon. I enjoy both healing and tanking, so I don't care to do either (I have healed vanilla dungeons when leveling years ago in BC... I know it's changed since then). I also want to be able to knock out some dailies and achievements on my own, and I want my second spec to allow me to do so without having to respec all the time. It may be that the class is just to versatile for me and offers to many choices. I've considered rolling a Warrior or DK (tank in one spec, PvP/dailies in the other) or Priest (heal PvE in one spec, dailies/PvP in the other), but if I can find that sweet spot with my Paladin, then I'd prefer to do so without rolling and leveling another toon. Thanks in advance for any input you have!Darkwatch6 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Ret PvP Wtf am I supposed to be doing, its like CS, judgement, and TV are the only offensive damage spells to use. are there any more? It seems like 1/2 the time I pvp im auto attacking -_-Spat5 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 holy pvp looking for a little help So I rolled a Paladin thinking that I'd like to have a healer for pvp. I leveled him up and got him a starter pvp set. I've been doing bgs a little and I was just curious if anyone had a guide to healing for pvp? I realize holy shock/ word of glory are great, as they are instant, but anytime I try to cast anything with any cast time whatsoever I get interrupted and locked down and killed. I know Holy Pally's are strong so I must just be doing it wrong. If anyone could point me to a guide or spell out what the basics of paladin healing in pvp are, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!Leonard6 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 rate me and help me improve Looking to tank for a friends ds raid and looking to improve as much as I can before I jump on in. Besides replacing my pants and trinkets any more experienced pallys able to tell me where I can improve? I choose the cheaper enchants in some spots cause I don't see spending that much gold on 378 items. Also wondering if I should switch to usingg the 25 mastery 25 stam gems. Any help would be great thanksTpo14 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Holy Mastery If I'm understanding this correctly our mastery is basically a +% to our healing. If I heal for 20000 and I have mastery giving me a 25% shield then that is a 25% buff to that heal yes? This also scales a lot with crit.. like A LOT with crit. So why is the accepted stat priority for Holy Paladins Haste > Mastery > Crit ? What makes Haste better than the other two ?Whyithurt8 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Shockadin Twink Leveling Stream http://twitch.tv/mukunda_ TUEN INBubblëoseven0 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 New Horde or Alliance Paladin race ? In my opinion , if the Horde or Alliance are going to add another race-class combo for Paladins , blizzard has to implement another race to compensate . To me , no other race fits the requirements for Paladins .Vyndorathran16 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Draenei Paladin Mount Any one else wish the back legs weren't so scrawny on this mount?Kairii17 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 How are ret pallys in MOP just came back after taking a 7 month break. was wondering how ret and holy are looking in pve and pvp. I have been reading up but get a lot of qq. So just though I would see how we stand.. thanks in advance.Candycrit18 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Ret PVP video It's called Wing Crits as most of the clips I have wings up. Enjoy, and any feedback on my UI, playstyle, etc appreciated! I think the song was perfect for my character's name lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC-z2iLxZTcIll15 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Power Aura for Inquisition I would like to make a Power Aura for Inquisition and was just wondering what you guys recommend..I haven't used Power Aura's beforeCycra20 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 29, 2012 Questing: Retribution or Protection Spec? I am doing some questing since it is pretty cool now that I am 80 and I was just wondering if it would be better to quest in Retribution spec or Protection?Cycra15 Jul 29, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Prot Pally PvP Nerfs Since the Beginning of Cata, Prot Pallies have recieved more and more nerfs, both intentional and unintentional. Here are a few of them that I think affected us the most. Word of Glory: WoG now has a 20 second CD. There are a lot of threads out there with people complaining about this, but I believe that it was a good idea and we did not need WoG spam to be viable. Vengence: Vengence is no longer triggered when you are attacked by other players. Vengence was intended to give tanks more threat in PvE. However, it was making classes like Blood DKs OP in PvP because they took damage like tanks but dealt it like DPS. If I remember correctly, Prot's damage was not OP with vengence, it was just right. I think this was not a good nerf and was just Blizz being too lazy to give Blood DKs specific nerfs (just using Blood as an example, I don't think they were that bad). Sacred Duty Talent: Instead of causing Judgement to give Shield of the Righteous a 100% chance to crit, it gives both Averger's Shield and Judgement a 50% chance to cause the next SotR to crit. This caused Prot to often have to SotR without it having a garunteed crit chance or wait for the next 1 or more Judgement/Avenger's Shield CDs to get the crit chance. It also hurt our burst because we could no longer AW then SotR, Divine Plea, Judgement, and SotR again for a devastating 2 garunteed SotR crits in a row. This was a small nerf, but it hurt us in the perfect place, kind of like nerfing a Rogue's Ambush and arguing that since it is one of their less clicked abilities it doesn't matter. Seal of Insight: Seal of Insight doesn't cause Judgement to immediatley grant mana anymore. This change was intended for Holy Paladins so that they could get passive mana regeneration from their Judgement with a talent instead of having to rely on casting Judgement to keep their mana up. I often would switch to SoI from Seal of Truth to heal when a team member was being focused. Essentially, I would cast Judgement every time the CD was up, and in exchange, I got enough mana to cast one heal. However, since SoI was changed, Prot heals are useless exept for a burst of at most 3 heals. This nerf for Prot is simply because Blizz assumed the change would not affect any spec but Holy. Holy Radiance: Holy Radiance was changed from a great 1 minute (I think) CD AoE HoT to a high mana, long cast time AoE heal that heals for about 10k on the main target over a few seconds, and about 3-4k on surrounding targets over a few seconds, with no CD. Or in other words, Prot no longer has Holy Radiance. I used the old Holy Radiance in 2 ways. The first way was to use it with Hand of Sacrife and Divine Guardian to greatly relieve a team member that was taking heavy damage. The second way I used it was to use it with Guardian of Ancient Kings, Ardent Defender, Divine Protection, and Draenei racial HoT Gift of the Naaru to give myself a 90% damage shield for about 10 seconds, during which time i regenerate about 30-40% of my max health, and if I die am reduced to 15% of my max health. The Holy Radiance nerf was yet another change Blizz made to Holy than ended up hurting Prot. I am sure I have missed at least a few and I probably got something wrong, so feel free to add more or correct me. My purpose for this post was to show Prot PvPers what happened to their spec to make it fall so far behind the other 2.Abcxyz15 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 AXES!! is there any one handed axes that sheaths on ur back and matches judgement armor???Dradin7 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 What do you guys think about this? http://paladinfaqs.tumblr.com/post/28177987028 Trying to get the jump on a Holy PvP build for MoP. Anyone have their own already set up? Any reason why you think this one won't beat out the rest?Ravenchrist4 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 28, 2012 Am I ready for heroics? (prot) I really don't have any experience in heroic dungeons other than I heal them from time to time on my disc priest. I leveled this guy as prot/holy (but mainly prot) all the way to 85. I got to 85, got most of my justice gear, but I still feel incredibly undergeared... Even if I were to try the oldest/easiest 85 heroics. Apart from one more jp ring and neck piece, what else can I do as far as gear improvements before I try my hand at tanking heriocs? (I know I need to enchant and gem a few more things) Thanks for the help!!!Heytheregirl2 Jul 28, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 Let me solve your Retribution problems. Hi everyone. My name is Ysvaen, though you may know me better as Svayne. I've recently come back from an extended break from WoW and now I'm trying to resharpen my dull, rusty Retribution expertise. What I ask of you is: do you have an issue with your Retribution spec? Perhaps the guides aren't clear enough for you or you just can't be bothered to read through it all (shame on you for being lazy, though). Do you think you have a problem with your gear or rotation? Is something else puzzling you? Let me know and I'll do my best to try and help. The more math-heavy the problem the happier I am, but I'll take anything. Now, I'm not the best or most geared or most progressed Retribution Pally in the world. There are those who will gladly point that out. Good for them, but they aren't who this thread is for. Certain extremely geared people may make a point to post and ask sarcastically if I can "fix their gear" or something. If you're obviously just trolling me, I will make a point to completely disregard your post, so please don't waste my time. :) Everyone else, lemme' have it if you've got it. Cheers!Ysvaen4 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 Good Professions...? Well I find myself getting really bored of doing the same dungeons over and over so I figured I would try out a profession...I thought about engineering as that seems pretty cool but what do you guys recommend for some fun and money making? Also, where do I even start? (This is my first toon so never done any professions)Cycra29 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 H Spine healing Been doing H spine with my group for like the past month, always wiping between the third roll and the second attempt on the last tendon. We have been killing tendons in two attempts each, rolling once before the first attempt on every tendon. By the time we wipe we have like 20-30 bloods up and 10 or 15% less HP from amalg debuff. I heal with a shaman (dispells) and a druid, the shaman is below 20k hps, the druid is between 20k and 25k and I'm, usually, between 24k and 27k. One of our tanks said we're all too low for that last phase, because he sits at 30k hps with his healer at all times. As far as my playstyle, I aura mastery the rolls, save my guardian for when there's 5+ debuffs out, and I try to line up my wings and DF to be up by the time we reach the third tendon. Whenever there's 2 debuffs I beacon one and heal the other with HL/HS/WoG, when there's 3 or 4 I start using DL and when the amalg reaches 9 stacks HR/LoD. I obviously beacon swap for debuffs as needed. Basically my questions are: 1) Would a crit build be more effective than a haste build? 2) Which would the best trinkets be? I have normal Heart of Unliving, DMC: Tsunami, the FL reputation on-use trinks, Heroic Seals, Raid Finder Windward and normal Jaws. 3) Is my healing spell choice right? Should I use DL for 3+ stacks or switch to HR? Should I use HL for 2 stacks or DL? 4) Is there any particular moment to use Guardian/DF/AW/AM?Oblivion4 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 Old school player leveling in instances Leveling this guy as prot in instances only. It's great because I know all of the instances up to Cata. All has gone smooth so far with me leading and I like it. I'm surprised at how many new players this game is getting.Daríus0 Jul 27, 2012
Jul 27, 2012 I'm liking MoP ret pally range ability as i said in a different thread, i'm not promoting rets go ranged in MoP, but it sure is nice that we're headed where we're headed. this is peanuts compared to MoP mages right now, but it's good to know that we can be a threat from ranged. very rough, but just a sample rotation. i hit Holy Avenger when i had 15 Guardian strength stacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHqlACs1JsKraniel7 Jul 27, 2012