Paladin

Jul 20, 2012 Tanking advice and (how to overcome DBs) I began playing wow this past February, with no prior gaming experience of any kind what so ever, not even on a console. I spent a good 3 weeks researching and getting a feel for the different classes and professions and such. I finally decided on a Prot Pally as that was the most appealing and tanking seemed ideal, and challenging. I found a good talent tree and went to work. Around the 30s I attempted some dungeons as that is what seemed like a necessary evil for time saving and good gear. I was booted out of the first 3 I tried because no one wanted a "noob tanking". I can understand, so I followed some advice and got better, but qued in all dungeons as DPS so I could actually be allowed to complete them. I became a million times better and got some decent sequences down. However, at level 83 I am now getting asked and even chastised for queing as DPS since I am built for tanking. Recently, in a few past dungeons, I would unintentionally steal some of the agro from the tank and that has angered ppl, so I decided to try and tank once more. Now I am just getting paired up with !@#$%^-s, who within the first 30 sec look at my DPS and kick me before the fight even begins. I have taken multiple groups to the final boss (with no one dying) or roughly half way when I get told things like "take off Righteous Fury" and then get kicked for it. Or "don't pull anything for a min" and then get kicked for apologizing if I was pulling to quickly. I WANT TO GET BETTER MORE THAN ANYTHING. But I just don't know how to overcome this. I understand that at 83 people should mostly have their stuff together, and I feel like I am not far away, I just can't quite get there. I like this game and I would like to continue playing, however, as I am in my mid 20s, I have no time for childish B.S from players who want to act like little children cause they have nothing better to do. Any suggestions or ideas? I would appreciate anything, better pull sequences, techniques or anything. Thank you.Velisona6 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 New ret ability have anyone ever thought of a 30-60 sec cd that give us 3hp?Franchise1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 So whats the problem with ret PvP 4.3/MoP What is the problem with the ret paladin in PvP. I don't understand why it is so underpowered right now and do any of you know if ret PvP in MoP is gonna be fixedNyon5 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Holy Paladin Haste Question I've been going over some guides on the forums and online, and I'm curious if there are differing opinions on a "optimal" haste level for a holy paladin. Is it just stack the heck outta haste, haste to personal comfort, or (according to the sticky for hpally healing) gearing to 777 haste and moving on? Currently my haste rating stands at 1690 (or a little over 16%) and this is over double what the paladin sticky says could potentially be optimal. I feel as though this is a fairly solid haste (I could always use more though) because, with judgements of the pure, I get my DL cast time under 2 seconds, and I don't burn up all my mana. TL;DR - what are people's opinions on a good haste rating for a holy paladin (healing normal FL/DS etc)? Is it personal preference or what? TY all in advance for responsesThefratador2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Holy Paladin Help Hey everyone, I have recently decided to try out some healing. I have gotten decent gear, and my ilvl is around 385. I have read up about Holy Paladin gems/enchant on sites such like Noxxic. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some tips about cd usage and gameplay, thanks!Diçtator1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 As of today..selfless healer or sacred shield so with the nerf of sacred shield and the buff of the 30% healing to WoG and flash of light (through sword of light) which will be the way to go for ret pvp?Cantbtouched3 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 New to the game (Ret Paladin) I'm just wondering what pvp trinkets and rings i should get from the honor quatermaster. I got a few options. Was just wondering ppl's opinions. ThanksTeeroyjenkin3 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Looking for pvp gearing tips I wanted to know a fast way to gear for holy pvp, I'm just looking for fast gearing tips from paladins(which is why this isnt in BG forums or anything). I hit like a limp noodle, but I'm Queueing AVs and running in the pack. Any tips?Priestofwar4 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Miner transmog help Recently I picked up the cold iron pick from the stockade and decided to go and get the hardhat. The shoulders match the helmet, same with the cape. I'm just not sure about the rest of the armor. Don't think I want to have an entirely yellow costume though. It seems making a workman / miner transmog set with plate isn't as easy as with leather.Galfraz1 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 clcret config for h ds? Is there a better a configuration for h ds for rotations?Galandris0 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Open Libram XXXIII: Pally-Con 2012 ... Previous Libram and Libram archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036114523 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Social networking, hurrah: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2707/ponydinselidra.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHAPaladinchaz500 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 2PC PvE vs. PvP gear issues Seriously, why isn't the bonus from 2PC T13 PvE implemented in the ret spec??? Without it, it's very hard to build up Holy Powers for either heals or damage, the ramp up time for the damage of the ret without 2Pc PvE is so long. Please mods, address this and this would help us alot on the PvP scene as it would also help the PvE sceneNyon2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Build for leveling. I have a level 64 paladin and I havent played him in over three years.. I was wondering what a good build for a level 68 would be. I know they have specs and rotations and stuff at Noxxic.com but it doesnt seem like they have builds for lower levels. If anyone has any websites I can check out I would greatly appreciate it. Or if they just want to give me advice that would be awesome. Thank youSenatex2 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 70 ret twink so im planning on twinking my pally at 70.. no idea how to spec, could somebody help a bruthah outOvalbaja4 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 need ways to improve my tanking hello i am asking about ways to impove my tanking ability in general because I am somehow taking a lot more damage compared to a dk with lower gear score then me I try to time holy shield right before a boss hit instead of afterward I use divine protection for more minor nukes I save guardian of the ancient kings for when big nukes come out I also use divine protection for when my raids is about to take quite a bit of raid damage is there anything I am missing when it comes to tanking? btw please don't comment on my divine protection glyph because I was using that to tank ultraxion last nightAzatha9 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 Stick with engineering or go gem cutting? Hello all. I am currently max mining and engineering. I dont really pvp anymore and I dont seem to use much from engineering. As someone planning to continue gearing and playing as Holy main spec, Ret off spec would it be worth it for me to drop engineering and pick up gem cutting? ThanksTeflonbilli8 Jul 20, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Quick tank mitigation question If I have 102.4% avoidance spread out relatively equal among parry, dodge, and block, and I hit holy shield, will that extra block percentage push some of the dodge or parry off the attack table, resulting in more damage taken, since dodge and parry is complete avoidance, and block is just damage reduction? ThanksSpirah3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Deciding on 2-Piece Combo for Ret PVP I am working on gearing up with a tier 13 2-piece bonus in mind for arenas, but having some trouble deciding on which two pieces to use. Until recently, I was thinking of using legs and chest, as these options reduce my least favored stat (haste) and boost my two favored (crit and mastery). I am aware that some paladins favor haste, but I gear mine with crit and mastery in "near equal" servings. However, another paladin approached me and suggested that legs-shoulder was the best comp. I would be inclined to agree were it not for the fact that my current season 11 shoulders cover my expertise requirement without need for any reforging, gemming, or enchanting into more. This means that my off-set items can instead focus on more useful stats like mastery, crit, and haste if nothing else. This paladin insisted to me that expertise is not as useful in PVP - that there is always a chance for your opponent to dodge, and that expertise merely reduces that chance from your end of the equation. I was surprised and a little bemused. While I was already aware that my opponents' dodge chance would always benefit from talents, glyphs, gear, etc., I did not realize that expertise could be thought of as so insignificant. Everything I have read has suggested to me that both hit and expertise are crucial because they relate directly to whether or not you will land a strike. If you cannot land a strike, you deal no damage, and so I would have logically thought that these two stats were tantamount. My newfound advisor told me that she uses an expertise rating of about 6, suggesting to me that not only does she not gear for the stat, but she does not glyph for it either. If this is a common practice for PVP, I would like to first ask if anyone can confirm or deny this claim. I would like to think that I have researched PVP and my class extensively, but I have never heard anything that downplays the role of expertise. More to the point, whether or not anyone can definitively testify for or against my advisor's claim, I am now deciding on which two pieces to use. TL;DR: If you have used the two-piece comp in your gear, or have been thinking about it, please tell me what your choice has been/might be, and why it might be most beneficial. I am currently favoring crit and mastery over haste. Also, how important is expertise in PVP?Donahue3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Best trinkets for ret on H Madness? Hey guys, gonna keep it simple: What are the best trinkets to use for H Madness as a Ret paladin? I tried using H Creche + Normal Spine trinket (Don't have the heroic one, yet.) and pulled ~59k. This week I used Normal Spine trinket + H Bonelink fetish (thinking the AoE from the bloods would push me over 60k.) Only pulled 52k :\... So would the best trinkets to use be H Creche + H Spine trinket, or am I not using Bonelink to its potential on the fight? Only want to know so I can pull the highest DPS I can :DTheappfan2 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Help WIth Ret Macros and Talent tree please?? I am a human paladin and i need help with macros, i am hitting hard but very slow. i find myself running out of moves and waiting on cool downs very often. I also need to get a better talent tree and need to know what the best glyphs are for Ret. Thanks :)Daholymage3 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Ret aoe How do you do it? Which seal and which spells take priority?Kulos6 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Question about Healing Heroics Hey Guys, I am thinking about switching over from healing pvp to healing raids. I know that I am going to have to get all new gear to heal heroics. My question is this: is healing heroics that much different from healing in pvp? I have gotten a handle on healing bg's and what not. My friend is going to tank with her DK so we shouldn't have any problems with getting ques. Any help is appreciated. BilphinsBilphins4 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 There may never have been a thread as good as the one asking about how to turn off Righteous Fury. And there may never be one better. Thank you fellow pallies.Jamina5 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 I'm Holy PVP doing 3's, improvements? I run with an UH dk and a rogue. Any tidbits would be nice!Luminescent1 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 RIP Judgement. We hardly knew ye. "Judgement" is now correctly spelled as Judgment in beta. It feels so silly to spell it like that.Kaitelynn15 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Need help with Transmog! :D I need some help putting together something that fits well with Pauldrons of Roaring Flame if anyone is willin' to help<3 :DExalus1 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 How do retribution paladins heal? Specifically, I wish to know which spells to use for emergency healing or off-healing in PvE. I think I'm going to throw survivability cooldowns into the question as well. I've never really played a healer before, so please go easy on me. I'm guessing you use Word of Glory if you have holy power. Otherwise... Thanks in advance.Wilfrid2 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Noob Ret Pally So this is my first account, and I've been looking through the stickies, and find that I really have no idea what any of it means. I'm looking for a rotation to go through, where I don't run out of mana after like 3 enemies. If anybody could just shine some light on what I should be doing, I would appreciate it. Thanks lol.Unrapeable5 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Bliz Change CS back to 100% and 40% spell Bliz if you keep the AP to Spell power thing in the x-pac PLZ change CS back to the 100% damge and 40% spell power, becasue if where getting like 600 to 1000 spell power as ret then CS would hit harder as the hold way and not this 110% cs we have now. but leve the + 5% damge on the pvp Gloves or change the pvp gloves to a like the Rogues gloves on CS.. WoW you A Dude !@#Callissai7 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 lvl 36 ortestion pally rotaion hi i am need of help with my lvl 36 protection pally and wanted to know what the rotaion for him is. can someone plz help!!??Guull1 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 Paladin PvP Has Been Killed Paladin PvP has officially been killed in patch 4.3.2. And now before you say "Wow stop qqing *!*" lemme get my 2 cents into this thread. Ret Pallys while appearing to be a pretty good utility spec for PvP are literally the most paper thn plate wearing class in the game. This is why i switched to prot for PvP. Prot was niot over powered. A tank should be able to effectively kill 2 people or else why would thy call him a tank? All classes and specs need to be viable in PvP and now Prot Pally has been left to FC ONLY. Normally i wouldnt care because i could juts go and play ret. However after my first game as ret in 3 months, i remember why i stopped playing ret to begin with. We were nerfed with 4.2. Making our holy word CD 5 seconds longer was the most awful thing they could have done to rets for PvP. Taking away vengeance was the most awful thing they could do to kill Prot PvP. All they needed to do was lower the damage on the Blood DK's the Prot Pallys and Warriors have been majorly screwed.Jheseus85 Jul 19, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Looking for a one-handed mace... That matches this set, with an effect that overwrites the enchant (Power Torrent, namely). I prefer smaller. Blue, gold, red, and a little green are all fine, so is black and white. Please nothing that's too difficult to get, I don't raid DS on this toon. Thanks in advance all.Ihazpally3 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Herald of the Titans help- Spec Hi, I was wondering what the best set up would be for a Prot Paladin doing the Herald run, also would it be best to stack Stam gems (with a mix of DPB of course)?Torchs11 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Any Block Cap add-on out there I was looking for an add-on that can do the calculation to determine what my Block Cap Score is. Does any one know of one?Kimberlite7 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Suggestion for next VP upgrade As the title says I'm looking for a suggestion on what my next upgrade should be. Any other suggestions on my gear(I haven't gotten to enchanting it all yet) is very much appreciated.Azorahai3 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Hi, I am nub. (Need Holy PVP help) So, I leveled this Pally a long time ago and never played him. Now that I am addicted to PVP on my hunter I am wanting to try healing. I am completely lost with my pally. I don't know which abilities to use. lol I need some basic strategy as well. I feel like I am a toddler trying to figure out advanced algebra. Help me Paladin forums. You're my only hope.Turboderp5 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Herald of the Titans Ret! Hey guys! I am currently in the process of leveling then gearing a Ret for a Herald of the Titans run. Now, I have ran 2 of these this patch alone, and now its time for me to run one on my pally! But, I was wondering due to scaling and such, is there stats that I should favor more then others? Like Mages are suppose to go arcane and stack Mastery for Herald runs. Also does anyone have a Chardev of BiS ret set for that right? Also I believe this would be the most optimal spec just by looking at talents themselves and some of the stickies. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#bc02!aj!b!VgkVTWVZSZ!YcfhjQlnL Any help, tips, and tricks would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :D Edit: Looks like I posted on my pally instead of my main. Oh well!Fraixo8 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 ESS vs. Gurth I am not asking which is dominately better but I am asking this: I have both weapons Normal Gurth, and Normal Slicer. My ilvl is about 397. Which fights, if any in Normal/Heroic DS would it be superior to use Slicer over Gurthalak?Bloodyen3 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Paladin changes, Beta build 15851 (7/13/2012) So Chaz capped the Libram thread before I could post (/glare), so I figured I'd post here for those who don't religiously browse sites for Paladin changes. As always, for more in-depth info, please visit http://www.mmo-champion.com or http://mop.wowhead.com to see what's up. Anyway, getting started, oh man. Browsing the patch changes, they nerfed the mana cost of Flash of Light but also slightly nerfed its healing coefficient, as well as the healing of, well, all our healing spells except for Divine/Holy Light. Beacon of Light transfers 15% of Holy Radiance AND Light of Dawn heals, nice, nice.. Seal of Insight gives 10% casting speed? Interesting, that's where Holy Paladins'll be getting Judgments of the Pure back, I guess.. Also, DIVINE FAVOR IS BACK YAY! Seal of Truth slightly lowered. /grumble But Seal of Immediate Truth increases damage by 30% up from 20%? Ret's damage got cut down from 25% to 20% with Sword of Light, meh. Funnily, they changed the wording to include Polearms. Maybe we'll finally see str polearms again?! (Probably not). Also, hah, called it: Eternal Flame'll now replace Word of Glory. It'll heal instantly, then leave a Heal Over Time for 30 seconds. Sacred Shield on the other hand is now free, but has a 6 second cooldown. And as far as glyphs... Most are wording changes, but Blessed Life no longer gives you a charge of Holy Power when taking direct damage. Battle Healer got bumped up to 30% of damage dealt. Wonder how effective this'll be for Holy Paladins? Avenging Wrath got changed from 2% heal every 4 seconds to 1% heal every 2 seconds (so no net change). Also, I'll leave you guys with this: ... Rofl.Jackishi18 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 How are ret Paladins in mist of Pandorea PvP has the prophecy been fulfilled? Are they any decent?Ravenhul5 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Ret paladins Out of curiosity, does anyone MAIN a ret paladin? Based on my playstyle, I'm pretty much doomed to dps, because I don't like all the pressure of tanking, and healing is kinda dull imo. I love the paladin, but I'm not sure about ret. How is it? I love the idea of 2 handed weapons, but how is it in pve and pvp? Does anyone main ret? Let me know. Thanks!Rednebeert33 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Paladin Dark T2 mog hi, i was wondering if someone could send me a link of the complete set via WoWHead, or maybe link me to the Paladin Mog thread that was on here a few months back, because i can't find itShadowdog2 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Ret PVP Gear Choice I tried posting this question in the Arena forums. Hopefully, I'll get a response here. Two questions that I would like some opinions on: 1.) I have Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps and Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster. The proc on Gurth is really low, but it has a higher weapon damage. The second has more stats. I have seen Vanguards and a bunch of rets using Gurth. Is it just the weapon damage? 2.) Also. I know that shoulders and legs are optimal. I have the Heroic chest and legs for T13. I likely won't get the shoulders. Does anyone know how much of a hindrance this could be? I know it's now earth shattering or whatever.Eisenhorne1 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Ret 2PC PvE vs PvP Gear Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRa9idVhH A quick video by me explaining how to make a choice for using 2 pc pve or full on pvp gear.Vanguards3 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 A few questions regarding Ret pvp Atm I'm leveling a ret pally which I intend to do RBG's and arena's with. As I level I notice that the depth of the ret tree is somewhat lacking in its offensive skill variety. The amount of time it takes to get to 3 holy powers can be long and in a full on fight could take awhile against a person who can kite us fairly well. If I understand the spec correctly it seems the main idea is to outlast the opponent with the defensive cooldowns the class has. My main concern is the spec at 85 or even 90 going to put out decent amounts of dps? It feels like CC and strong dps is lacking in the spec. I may be missing something but that's the feeling I get when I look at the ret spec.Driftncowboy1 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Ret Pally Heals I've been pvping since around lvl 40 and atm am lvl 84 doing them. Now up to this point I was fine about them healing back to full hp with one move cause i figured it wouldn't beable to do that at higher levels. However, only to find out its only stronger. I would like to propose something be done about how much ret pallys can heal because they only lose like 2 heals i believe from not being a holy, but still heal the exact same with all other moves it seems. Since their such high heals they can heal through almost all dmg of 3-4 ppl with a single move (lay on hands) or they can use one of their invincible shields (can't remember the names of them) and Spam heal back up. Basically doing something like the shadow priests. Now I dont mean elimate their heals, but instead reduce them if they go as a Ret pally because they have dps that matches that of other dps classes with 2 stuns that last fairly long and then on top of that can heal substantial amounts of around 70k-80k with lay on hands or spam heal to similar amounts.Deathpatch58 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 HL VS FoL at 85 Sooo..for ALL of wrath//Cata I have been a HL pally..which was nice..really nice. I enjoyed blasting other healers out of the water through raids and what not..but then..I got this crazy idea. My brother, he used to FoL back in wrath..and with cata had srs nerdrage hate for the //nofol// ability..I have recently switched my build from a strict HL to a FoL and really..I'm amazed at how viable it is. Soo really..I'm just here to see other holy pally opinions on the current state of HL VS FoL pallys, or if it is even a 'current state'. Is one more viable then the other? Or is it the level of gear that makes the difference... Edited because apparently it wasn't obvious enough;;This is not to say you wouldn't use your other heals, but more which do you choose to 'spam cast'..as nice as our AOE's are we do single target every now and again. So plox, tell me your thoughts. <33 Tal.Talouse24 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Glyphs Help!? This sounds stupid...but where do you get the glyphs? I notice at the Auction House they are really pricey.. Also, should I follow this guide on which ones to choose? http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/paladin/protection/tank-spec-builds-and-glyphs Looking for advice on what I should do for Protection Pally as I just hit level 75Cycra12 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Judged by the Light I have exclusively played Retribution, but recently wanted to learn how to tank. I started by reading the stickies here, and the links they contain. Then I started working on getting gear. I've been asking to roll for offspec gear, exchanging Justice/Valor for more gear, and buying off the auction house for the rest, and have put this set together. Any feedback would be appreciated (gear, gems, enchants, talent points, etc). I've done daily quests as I geared up, so I could get used to tanking rotations, and finally tried my hand at tanking dungeons today. Still so much to learn.Unjoiner5 Jul 18, 2012
Jul 18, 2012 Holy Pally/Pally bug? Whenever I try to run forward or other form of movement my toon will just keep running. Sometimes my toon won't move when I want it too. The kicker is, it's to be ONLY HAPPENING TO MY EFFING HOLY PALLY. Please tell me this is a bug that will be fixed soonNightly7 Jul 18, 2012