Paladin

May 22, 2012 Thinking of Beta... Alrighty, I don't have a beta account but I had an idea that my guild liked so I thought I'd post it here. The big hub bub on the forums is that we feel we need a gap closer in pvp. What about something unique about paladins that no one else has? We Judge. What if, when we judge seal of Justice a scale appears above the targets head. By scale, I mean the ones lady justice holds in her hands btw. I'm player A. I judge Player B. Player B was running forwards and strafing right when I judged. The scales now tip right above B. B will start to run in a 10 yard circle unless they start to turn left. When B gets back to what would be a straight line from when judge was cast, then it switches sides to the scales tipping left. This effect lasts for a short duration. Makes Judge when seal of justice have a longer then normal cooldown. Or make it it's own spell. All I know is normal judgement cooldown is too low. I know these types of threads aren't liked by the community... Or at least I know I don't usually like them. But as the saying goes in fps games, the worst shot is the one you don't take. Thanks for reading and salutations. Edit: And in case anyone asks " What if B wasn't strafing right when I judged?" Then it picks a direction for the scales to tip at random. Edit 2 : When the scales make the person run in a direction, to cancel it you need to turn in the opposite direction. Think the boss in firelands that you need to steer.Auur8 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 PvP? I have an 85 warrior. New endgame Warriors suck and have, so I've heard. I used to have a Ret Pally back when I used to play. He was pretty fun, so that leads me to the question.. What spec is best for leveling 1-85? What spec is best for PvP? PvE? Pros and Cons of Pallys? How does Pally PvP/PvE compare to others? What race should I roll? Thanks, and I will post more if I think of more.Zenoxiraven9 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Need help with gear, enchants, gems and stuff Hi, so I pvp with this pally. That's all I do. It takes an army to bring me down but at the same time my dps is really low. Usually near the bottom of the dps classes. Can you guys check out my stuff make sure im doing it right? Im about to reforge everything back to crit away from mastery to see if that helps. But is my spec ok? glyhs ok? gems? ect ect. Thanks in advance!Peligrosisi1 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Paladin PVP Currently I have both a level 80 warrior and a Ret paladin, however I've yet to make a decision on which to level. I want to play them for PvP, and I do enjoy melee much more in WoW rather then ranged, hence the rogue. Which one is more viable in PvP right now and which seems to be more viable in the long run (MoP)?Jeux14 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 New to Paladin class, two questions. I am currently going off a Ret talent tree from Elitistjerks and none of the trees there have the DS (Divine Storm) talent. I am looking more to pvp with this char and raiding from time to time. Is DS a viable talent to have in PvP? I currently have full BOA but my chest peice and shoulder peice have intellect instead of strength. Will that make a big difference on my way from 1-80? If so I'll grind to get the peices I should have, but I've lvled from 1-52 with no issues. Any input is greatly appreciated.Roiza4 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 average number of dispels for hpally in RBGS? recently in my team were complaining about dispels and say i shud be doing around 200. I thought dispels were primarily a disc priests job. i only dispel "noticeable" ccs or slows on Fcs. Cuz i don't have any hots i usually dont dispel as much to avoid Uas and spriest fear. and dispels cost extra mana which i am already not managing well. If i am suppose to do more dispels any tips wud be appreciated.Zaldrelia4 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Quick question about trinkets for ret! What is better Apparatus of Khaz'goroth or Bone-Link Fetish I play ret when we dont need 3 healers, and i have no idea about these trinkets, i have the stacking str trinket off Spine for my other trinket. any help would be amazing. Thanks!Rocyra2 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 WoG macro I also posted this in the macro forum but thought I may get a better response here. I'm looking for a macro that will WoG my party member when pressed then myself with alt modifier then myself if my party member does not exist. Warriors name is styrke. Thanks!Fordwaggon2 May 22, 2012
May 21, 2012 LFR role bonus? So i am a ret paladin and i needed on Gurthalak, Voice of The Deeps when in dropped today in my lfr. I didnt get the role bonus on it, and the person that won was a ret paladin? Why didnt i get the role bonusHòlycòw3 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 So in MoP Paladin's get Blinding Light.... Really? Out of all the possible abilities you could have given paladins at lvl 87 you give us Blinding Light? An ability which deals no damage, and an effect which really only has a use in PVP? Pretty much this ability is only useful for PVP paladins... Atleast every other classes lvl 87 ability has uses in PVE content... or atleast do damage... GG Blizzard.. I can't be the only one who's annoyed by this...Friendabull28 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 Bad news for PVP Pallies Not only do Ret have an impossible task of defeating Frost DKs with their OP damage, looks like they are helping them even more in MOP Taken from a Blue Post: I don't want to stance dance. You shouldn't have to. Our intent with the Glyph of Shifting Presences is largely to make it easier for a DPS DK to go Blood to "turtle up." We don't want Frost and Unholy DKs to shift a lot between Frost and Unholy Presence. If you feel like the right thing to do is swap frequently between the two, that's not intended and something we'd want to fix.Agincourt5 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 Holy Damage Crits in MoP Are they 100% increase now or are they still just 50%?Deliciously2 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 Fresh 85 Just came back to WoW last week after 2 years and am about to hit 85. Capped at 4000 JP. Of the JP gear, what should the first piece I buy be? Then the next, and what gear setup should I go for as far as all JP gear. I do plan to raid when gear/ilvl allow. My main spec is Ret. Any input/advice would help. Thanks!Budo4 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 [rate the transmog above] title says all im not thrilled with the shoulders though suggestions are welcomedAvolyn0 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 Ret pvp stat Q Hello, I've just started getting serious about pvp and was curious about how some of our stats work in pvp. Do we need expertise and if so, how much? Do we need spell pen, and how much? Thanks!Abuuda1 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 drop rate fairys 2 weeks in a row. 100% HM vanq. fml.Kiz12 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 Haste or Mastery I have asked many other holy paladins for their opinions and i still cant decide which to pick. I have been doing mostly 10m raids which i have heard haste is better but i have seen equal results. All my gear is reforged half haste half mastery i believe as a test. Please let me know your opinions as this has been frustrating me ever since i have come back to wow.Jòe9 May 21, 2012
May 21, 2012 Updates Since I am back from my vacation and my threads post cap is still there I am making this thread. I am back and I will be updating my thread. That is all. <3Xayton3 May 21, 2012
May 20, 2012 Protection pally losing buffs for a while now my protection paladins have been losing some or all of their buffs in pvp & dungeons. it is random but seems to occur most often when I am fighting melee fighters (warriors, dks, etc) and also when my health gets really low. It has also happened after I have left dungeons or battlegrounds. I had the buffs before leaving but when I am back in Stormwind or wherever, I no longer have the buffs. I know I lose other players buffs when I leave a dungeon. But I sometimes lose my own buffs after leaving a dungeon. And I never used to lose buffs in pvp and my other players (hunter & rogue) do not lose their buffs unless they die. this issue along with a number of others all started around the same time, which was straight after an update. I have posted bug reports about it but nobody seems to be able to shed any light on it and they suggested I try here in the paladin section. I do not believe I am being dispelled.Fiveofnine6 May 20, 2012
May 20, 2012 RF Gurth or Ataraxis normal? For ret Pvp Title says it, I'm curious to as which I should use Raid finder Gurthalak, or my 397 Ataraxis 2h mace.Moonstrukk9 May 20, 2012
May 19, 2012 am i on the right track ? i think im doing pretty good considering imma noob ?Vyndorathran2 May 19, 2012
May 19, 2012 Trouble with certain classes. I am having trouble with certain classes, being able to heal through their dmg. My armory may not show up properly, but im resting at just about 3900 resil. I know it is still kinda low but it seems like against, shadow priests, mages of any kind, and dk's it doesnt't matter what I have. They seem to just rip through me. Any tips/suggestions?Bubbletruble2 May 19, 2012
May 19, 2012 Templar's in D3 have their Libram visible! Blizz you bastards! Where's my libram?! (I say this in the comic fashion and not nerd rage) ....because comedy doesn't transition through typed words very well.Dalithe4 May 19, 2012
May 18, 2012 Holy trinket question Which would be the better choice Core of Ripness or Foul Gift of the Demon Lord. My other trinket is Windward Heart. Any ideas on what would be the best choice.Crazygood1 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 So, 3's with a HPally/Spriest/??? As title shows, I am trying to find the best role to fit the 3rd slot. Already have myself and a Shadow Priest. Just curious as to what is the best for the 3rd? The guild I am in has everything, but they are all lazy and wont play with me and the priest because we aren't "2k+ exp". Which I think is bull!@#$. But whatever. So, tips?Trembles1 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Ret rotations So I've tanked since I rolled this class. It's getting a little boring so I wouldn't mind trying out ret for pvp, and a little dungeoning. Any advice on a good rotation for ret? Much appreciated.Binsckyy1 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Holy Pally Mana Regen Hey guys i've recently been playing holy on my pally just to mix things up. I have a level 85 healer of every class except a shaman now and one thing i've noticed about pally healing is how inefficient our mana regen is. My playstyle is as follows: judge to get my haste buff, do my best to melee targets to get more mana from my seal, use DF for the t13 two set bonus, and use divine plea/racial for that extra bit of mana. Even after all of this i find myself running oom quite often. While i will admit that the way i heal could be considered quite spammy i don't have this problem when healing on my priest or druid. I've considered doing some FL pugs to get my heroic t12 two set bonus but i was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if they are how they are solving it! Thanks for your helpSheochilan17 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Holy Radiance and Haste... Anyone know the hard numbers to get the extra ticks of HR with Haste? Only one I can find is 777 haste, and that seems really low. Beyond that I want to reforge any extra Haste into Crit because I want to play with a more mana conservative build, but I am unsure where to leave haste at for the moment. Thanks in advanceFujiisawa5 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 pvp CS and Judgement priority Do those who have LAoL find themselves typically opening with Judgement first? I know it's nice for the sprint, and there are other times when I am casting judgement and staying out of LOS. Is there a scenario when you should open up with CS first? I figure if you open w/ CS, then follow w/ Judgement, you'll get a little bit more return on mana regen. But maybe the initial bit of mana regen loss doesn't amount to a hill of beans anyway when you cast Judgement first. Thanks for your input.Kraniel3 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Need help changing to ret from holy so i sensually play holy but am going ret for mop and i want to know anyone have any good advice?Coodex10 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 I really want to heal ! I was thinking of rolling a holy paly, but then i also wanted to roll a priest. Im stuck between the two, I can't level both sadly, and i mostly pvp, so what would be the best for pvp healing? also, if you played both, which one is more fun? after all, fun is the point if the game right? :S tips appreciated!Lelace3 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 What will fill the holes in my rotation @ 85? I'm leveling a pally right now, and I'm level 54. Right now I can only use judgement, exorcism (when it procs), crusader strike, and TV (when I have 3 holy power, which takes forever). A lot of the time I am just sitting around waiting for cooldowns or procs. What spells do I get from now till 85 that will give me a more fluid combat experience?Kytes5 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Paladin v.s. ..... ? ? ? Hey nerds, I'm not the most experienced in Paladin pvp as allot of you may be. I'm gaining an interest in pvp now and I was wondering what our class nemesis is so when I do random bg's / duels etc, I know what classes to target first or stay away from (other than heals or fc's har har). Any help would be appreciated.Neanderthal6 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Tanking Expertise What would be the best way to raise the expertise rating if none of your gear has it? Should I reforge for, gem for it, get chants for it or simple ignore the low rating(226=7%)? I only ask because I really don't want to sacrifice any vital stats and end up failing even more then I already do.Seiryukotsu2 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Hatred toward retadins? (DPS advice) I know for a fact I'm not the only one to notice the HUGE retadin nerf with powers of light or whatever. I mean, I don't want to complain, but my DPS is complete crap. I know I'm not geared right or maybe even not specced right, but back in BC when a paladin's gear was equivalent to mine they'd be dropping mobs left and right. Is there any recommendations anyone could throw me? Btw i know my current weapon is crap but I'm working on getting another, they just never drop.Hâvoc10 May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012 Need Those PALADINS!! 2000+ RBGS Hello Paladins on Blizzard forums Looking for 2200+ arena exp players for Rbg's everyday HORDE ONLY Group of 2400+ friends just whoever is on and rdy to que on my real id the mmr is around 2000 but we have a rank 1 leading the rbgs with Hero of horde players last night was our first night and we went 10-0 ending around a 2200 mmr Contact information: Skype: Clapperclaw1 Real Id: Patrickobrien123456@yahoo.com (just add me real id and ill post statues everytime we que) Ingame: Nightmirror - IllidanNightmirror3 May 18, 2012
May 17, 2012 Should i take the bait? Lets start off by saying why I am choosing a new class to begin with, couple buddies of mine went to a whole new server and fraction. So me and another friend wanted to do some triple XP to 85. After considering my choices I am here. Should i reroll a pally? - Want to Tank -Be able to also PVP (*cough* Warrior *cough*) So good choice?Bönez3 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 GoaK Pre-pull macro I finally stopped being lazy and spent a large set of gold to get my 4 pc protection t11. I am running into an error with the macro though, currently I am having to use 2 different macro's for each set of gear via the equipment manager. The macro that isnt working is: #showtooltip /equipset Guardian /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings /use Golemblood potion /equipset Dps Everything is working except its not registering equipset Dps, so it is not returning me into my ret gear. Any advice?Merllins6 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 Need help with PvE gear I have just come back to playing after about 9 months and I have been playing for about 2 weeks now and I have done pretty well getting PvP gear. However, I would like to start raiding but I just dont know what PvE gear to get and what instances to run. Can anyone help me please? Excuse one of my trinkets I made a mistakeGigidy0 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 Mop Question (holy prism, sacred shield, etc. Anyone in Beta know how these will work yet? Are these affected by AP for Ret/Prot? ... because tooltip only talks about Int. I'm assuming same questions arise for any other similar classes such as shaman/druid.Kenpo4 May 17, 2012
May 16, 2012 if your in mop beta i just have a few questions. how are paladins as awhole shaping up, i know numbers always change, but what about ret's rotation. is it solid or clunky. also how is holy. does it "feel" right? i have looked over videos of what were are getting, but its hard to get a feel for how the class plays out from just watching those. basically what im asking, is does the paladin feel clunky, or pretty solid?Derindel3 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Low level tanking I have often wondered about this, so I will ask it here. Why did prot paly NOT get an AE attack like other tanking classes? I think Avenger's shield and hammer of righteousness should have be switched. I mean, Warriors have thunder clap and druids have swipe. Both those attacks hit ALL enemies in a radius. Shield only hits 3 and has a 15 second CD. I know when I play a lower level paly n tank with it, I have the hardest time holding aggro on multi targets. Esp with people in BoA gear. I know it people say "it doesn't really matter cuz it low level", but it would sure make things a lot more manageableAarrok19 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Best spec/ build for PvP (mainly BG's) I have heard people arguing for all three specs. - For Ret I hear "Lots of burst, highest DPS of the specs, almost as good as surviving as the other two, & a few stun break out abilities + Prot lost some good stat/ ability in 4.3 making us better" - For Prot I hear "You make Blood DK's look squishy, you do almost as much DPS as Ret but you survive like doubly as long, & we can out DPS Holy by a lot with just 2 attacks (or something like that)" - For Holy I hear "always wanted due to our healz, amazing AoE heals, good HoTs, fair DPS, & we have cookies cuz we dont get in the flame war between the other 2 specs (I added that, cuz every Holy I talked to, unlike most Prots & Rets I talked to, weren't trying to sell me the spec, or slander the other ones)" I am willing to play the best PvP class over the more fun one (cuz for me winning is more fun then a fun spec). ATM I am leaning toward Prot or Ret, just cuz I like long survival, & I love lots of burst, & if I went Holy I would feel bad cuz it makes me sad when Im a healer spec, & I forget to heal a bro/bra in a BG & they die, but if I could fill a role without having to feel bad about not healing with Holy, cuz my job lies elsewhere, I may go for that. So what is better/ best for BG's? TY in advance :DTahot19 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 I need enchant advice. Hello. I just purchased a new spell weapon and I'm not sure which enchant will be the optimal for pvp healing. I mostly do bg and arena for fun—nothing serious really. Here are the weapon enchants I'm thinking: Power Torrent - Chance to increase intellect by 500 for 12 sec. I had this on my old gavel. But, it seems like the proc rate is rare to see and uncontrollable too. Exceptional Spellpower - Adds +50 spell power Exceptional Spirit - Adds +45 spirit - Mana is not an issue for me because I wear pve tsunami trinket. Or if you have a better suggestion, please tell me.Peachsaga7 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Pre pull Guardian w/ 4 pc prot t11 So I just got my prot 4 pc after being lazy for 1 year, and I have been playing around with it on the dummy and it honestly is not making a difference in my DPS during INITIAL burst with cd's at all. I may be popping wings/zeal at the wrong time during the 45 second duration but My dps is almost lower during the initial CD usage. How should I be popping wings/zealotry with this 45 second Guardian?Merllins2 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 RET dps hello all im wondering what the average dps for ret is and what is classed as ''good'' dpsVampirex11 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Need Profession Help I need some help choosing this guys professions hes going to be Prot with Holy OS. I am trying to min max this toon a bit I was thinking enchanting and Jewelcrafting but then i got to thinking I wouldn't mind a second Alchemist for a second CD now I'm not disregarding gathering professions if they're worth it in the case of a prot but i highly doubt it. so try to answer a few questions for me 1 JC vs BS 2 is alchemy any good on a Prot tank ( that i hope to raid with in MoP) thank you in advance for any help you can giveMythrandir8 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Ret pally dps question Just received the LFR t13 ret helm tonight, but I'll be replacing Visage of Petrification. Obviously I wouldn't be doing this, but if I use the t13 lfr helm I'll be getting my 4 piece bonus. Which adds massive dps to my cooldown cycle. My question is, which yields more dps? Breaking 4 piece for the Visage, or sacrificing stats for the 4 piece?Dwarföfqp1 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Going from Holy to Ret or Prot I have a holy paladin I haven't played for awhile, but would like to collect gear to be Ret or Prot. Is there an easier way to go about collecting the gear than grinding instances or BGs? I haven't played this game in a year, and am just coming back and tinkering around.Kardstark2 May 16, 2012
May 15, 2012 Big Scary Weapon What would make the best Weapon that i can have and that will be good for several lvls or what should i try and get. i would like a sword and i am not sure if i should keep the ret spec or go prot. let me have your thoughts on the subject thank you all for your help.Taurishammer1 May 15, 2012