Paladin

Jul 14, 2012 Ret RBGs So I am just curious what RBG comps would be good for ret pallies? Anyone know?Kaìdit13 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 PVP ret counters? Hello paladin forums! Recently I've started this ret paladin, and so far I'm loving ret I'm aware that at 85 the game isn't nearly as easy as it is at my level, and I was wondering, at 85 what classes counter a ret 1 on 1, and why? I just want to start practicing and learning about the classes I'll have the most difficulty with Thanks in advance for the feedback!Kiroko20 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Important question on 85 HolyPal Hey Paladin community! You all seem very helpful whenever someone is looking for help, and I definitely need some input on this. I've been playing a Paladin through regular DS as prot, and ret, and recently holy, and i'm having an absolute blast as all of the above. But for the past couple days i've been having a major problem and it's really taking away from my gaming experience. I've been trying to think of a solution but the ones I come up with don't really work with what i'm trying to achieve. In a nutshell, I guess I could just ask the question: Does the red on these boots look kinda pink?Melindar2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 Of tanking and PvP... So two topics here. I've always been lucky enough to be retribution but have come to a point I think most ret pallies come to and am going to be off tank for my new raid group. I've never tanked anything before so I want make sure at least my spec/glyphs/gems for my gear level are correct. It seems there isn't a lot of consistency in gemming as protection. I've read the stickies, stalked various people on the forums and this is what I've come up with. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again, this set is just what I happened to have for tanking - it is a work in progress (and yes I'm working on my weapon enchant.) I just want to make sure I'm doing it right so when I go in and fail I know it's my ability not necessarily my set up. Also, my two's team is me and a holy pally friend (I know, i know - lol). We aren't expecting to get super far, it's mostly just for fun and for points but I was wondering if people have any quality of life tips. Especially against any team with a priest in it. The only time we've won against a priest comp it was because the priest was having so much fun torturing my friend with mind control and mana burn he forgot to heal his partner. Anyway, any helpful tips there would be awesome. (I am ret for pvp, just so there's no confusion).Hikari2 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 14, 2012 pally tank What should be the required hit cap for tanking, also my parry/dodge is at 12.70% 13.16% is that enough to stay at?Silynce18 Jul 14, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 How do prot paladins do in PvP? I've got a paladin alt that's almost 85, and I'm thinking about jumping into some pvp. I don't really like ret (it feels like pvping with a slot machine), and while holy is effective, I have enough pvp healers already. So how do prot paladins do in pvp? Obviously I won't be 'tanking' the enemies. And without vengence, my damage isn't going to be stellar. But I figure with my chain gun shield and low cooldown stun I can be a disruptive force. Has anyone done it? And made it work? Thanks.Gruklaar1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Open Libram XXXII: FREEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! ... Previous Libram and Libram archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6009371114 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Social networking, hurrah: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2707/ponydinselidra.jpg http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHAHofleurette500 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Best Professions for a Holy Paladin? Hey guys, I was wondering what the best profs. for a Holy Paladin was, and why. Thanks <3Soulfirex6 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Holy spec level 80 to 85 I've been leveling this Holy spec toon from level 1 to 80 by running dungeons, as you know, because heirlooms have ilevel 1, their low ilevel will prevent you from running dungeons when you ding 80 fresh. So I started doing the Hyjal quest line, just like I did for all my previous 7 level 85 toons. However, I've hit a road block. The quest gear drops are mostly STR plate, or INT cloth/mail. Which means that if I pick up the STR plate and change to Protection spec (which I did), I'll have an easier time running the quests. However, this means that I won't have any INT gears at Cataclysm level and won't be able to run dungeons in Holy spec. If I select non-plate INT gear quest drops, the quest running will be a torture as it'll take forever to kill mobs. Any recommendations for Holy spec Paladins at level 80? Do you switch over to another spec (tank/dps) and run dungeons as such until you can collect enough INT plate gear, or do you continue to run quests (Hyjal, Deepholm, Twilight Highlands etc) and there'll be enough INT plate drops to get you into dungeons? Thanks.Cyberpallie8 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Two paladin tanks viable? Is it possible to progress in heroic Dragon Soul with a pair of prot paladin pals, now that the debuff's going up to 30%?Jadoth7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 What Heirloom should be my final? Hello, I am currently leveling this paladin, and I have a couple heirlooms with enough jp to buy one final piece. I will be leveling this paladin as either protection or ret. I currently have the str/stam cape, str/stam pvp shoulders, agi/stam mail helm, agi/stam leather chest. I also have the arc reaper. While I know agi isn't ideal for a paladin, I am more so interested in the exp boost. I have enough JP for either a stam/str chest, or the 1h skull forge Reaver. I am more interested in leveling as protection, as I want to build a tank paladin. Knowing that, should I grab the JP pve str/stam chest, or the Skull forge Reaver?Liberate5 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 So much damage For some reason ive been taking to much damage. It started last Monday I was tanking in HoT with zero difficulty, then after the dungeon i decided to go into the lfr, I then completed the raid and then got off. Then i got back online later to tank in HoT then all of a sudden i started taking too much damage and got kicked. please helpDallistus4 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 I am apparently doing something wrong in PvP I have alot of problems with fighting feral druids and rogues, Enhance shamans i dont even bother though. How do you beat a rogue and a feral druid in pvp? Trolls can troll if they please... This isn't a stupid QQ thread, just looking for some tips to help me with pvp.Xalefor14 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 PvP help I wanna know whats a good comp For 3's arena for a ret pally. In 2's i had good luck with warriors, other rets, and priest ( never played with shadow). but i wondering what will make a good comp. I would also like help Know how to beat a BM hunter with a sprite beast.Thorodan1 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Solo/Duo Raid Instances I was thinking about trying to Solo/Duo some older raid instances. I would be duoing with my wife's lock. I know that there are bosses that can't be soloed because of the mechanics. Would this be fixed if I brought my wife along, or do you need a party for 85s? I am mainly interested in doing MC, BWL, The Eye, Hyjal, and Sunwell. Basically I have 2 questions. 1) Would this be better done as ret or prot? (Ret is mainly PvP gear. Prot is 3 T13 and 2 piece T12) 2) I don't see how I can heal myself enough. Is it basically just WoG as soon as its off CD? ThanksLifthrazir2 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Critique A Beginner Hit 85 a few weeks ago, got to OT a few DS runs where I basically just stood there and taunted once every 30 seconds. My question: any feedback on the way I'm gearing, or if I'm ready to tackle DS? I realize my belts !@#$, and theres alot of work to do. But lets just say, with the equipment i have, should i be gemming/chanting and difSickly3 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Please rate me pro pvp rets Hey, I was just wondering if you guys could rate me on my spec, reforges, glyphs and such. I feel like my gear and spec are in a pretty good place, but any help is appreciated. Also I got a normal eye of unmaking today, should I use that or my cataclysmic on use trinket in 2's/3's/bg's?Demîse0 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Enhance or Ret survivability? Which has better survivability? Ret paladin or Enhancement Shaman?Garhand7 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 13, 2012 Quitting this paladin I know you all don't care but I had it with this guy. First he gets gear inspected , accidentally sold my tank ring couldn't get it back so im using int ring. Second cant keep aggro worth crap with RF on and threat plates. Third I have 40k amour with DA active still take a crap ton of damage. It blocks 60% of damage but still I die quickly. Fourth keep wiping well of eternity Queen azura stupid magis are stupid once they ALL went active went for healer healer died. VOTE KICKED. Fifth me dying is my fault cause healers are noobs and cant keep me up cause damage mitigation is horrible. I offically hate paladins now I used to be in love with them until today when I got vote kicked cause stupid aggro getting lossed.Keep on dying keep on wiping its so stupid. Keep on getting inspected. And lastly my vote timer lets other people vote kick ME but when I want to vote kick THEM I have to wait like 4 hours! So peace out paladin commuinty I wasted 4 weeks of my life on this guy. Swiifty outSwiifty37 Jul 13, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 @lobster did the DK on your old 3v3 team play frost or unholy for DK/Ret/Rsham?Boxjr7 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 2 piece pve bonus vs full pvp gear (RET)? Just curious what the opinions are, i'm personally going to go with full pvp gears but I have seen some people using the 2 piece bonus. This is mainly going towards arena.Føxyshazzam1 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Ret PVP video Check out my first youtube video. I used Fraps Windows Movie Maker to edit it. I just filmed the first BG I got in and stopped filming once I died. My gear is okay, and I rock the PVE 2 piece like a lot of Rets are doing. I realized as I was making the video that my power auras are gone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDSUKOljLUAIll0 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Talentos para un paladin dps y otro tanke La verdad es q necesitaria un pala con experiencia y me aconseje como deberian ser mis ramas de talentos. Desde ya, muchas graciasFannquitoo14 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 2700+ Holy Pally Youtube!!!!!!! hey guys im a 2700+ holy paladin and my channel is mainly focused on my pally but i also play alot of other class 2200+ you should check it out!!! www.youtube.com/mightyz19Mightypallyz1 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Looking for shield to match the tier 2 set. Hey transmogers im looking for a shield to match the tier 2 set for pallies i also have the maladath, runed blade of the black flight link down here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/19351#tab=droCreatures Would be nice to have it match the tier 2 set and the 1h sword.Azrk4 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 prot dps Has anyone tried tanking heroics in ret gear? Gemmed/reforged/enchanted for dps? I tried it with the 2 piece ret and 2 piece Prot t13 set bonuses and pulled some wicked damage numbers, well outclassing the dps even in single target situations! I was around 24k dps on single target boss fights without any gimmick buffs, with gimmick buffs I was reaching 34k+. Just figured I'd share and see if anyone else was trying or doing this.Skatmando7 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 12, 2012 Critique me I feel like I'm not peforming optimally as a Holy Pally, not that I'm struggling I can pull my weight as a healer, but I feel like I can be doing better. So, go ahead look at mah armory do your thang. Any advice would be really appreciated.Alcis1 Jul 12, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Heroic Spine of Deathwing Encounter So just wondering which seal to use for maximum burning tendon dps. Seal of Truth or Seal of Righteousness? Also how soon should i pop Guardian before switching to tendon. Any other useful tips would be much appreciated as well. ThanksSagers3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Ghostcrawler Thanks for the nerfs. See ya when i have to pay wow's rent ;)Goldenbraid5 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Having good time as Ret Low lv pvp I just switched over to ret for pvp and im diggin it. I have a dk i was pvping on but i retired him since so many dks and its not really that fun after a while. ATM i'm really liking all the cds i have as ret, i know things are different at 85 but atm i am easily taking down rogues and feral druids which were a huge problem on my old dk for a while. I'm curious on why the haste talent isn't useful? Especially with talenting into the holy tree and the ability that buffs your haste. I find a lot of times i get to hit 2-3 attacks then im locked out on cd (although the attacks do hit very hard). Is it just too difficult to get the cds for cs down low enough to make the talent worth it?Kabalah6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 A little leveling advice/help I just came back to WoW with the scroll of resurrection, and for my level 80 I chose a pally. I meant to pick Prot as the spec, but I guess I hit the Ret option, so I'm a ret pally now, which I suppose is probably fine for leveling. I planned on leveling tanking instances, but now that won't be viable right away, so I'm going to be questing till I get some prot gear. Anyway, I think I may be doing something wrong. I seem to be quite squishy, and there are a ton of skills that I'm just not sure what I should be doing. I guess it was foolish to pick a class I know nothing about to have instantly at 80, but I thought it may be similar to a War which I have at 85. I was either wrong, or have been away so long that I don't remember how to play at all. I am just not sure which of the skills I should be using to just level on quest mobs and the like. And I'm not quite sure how holy power works. I've read some guides, but they all seem to be geared toward raiding, and that's not really what I'm looking for. I'll probably get the hang of it eventually, but would appreciate any advice you all may have. I can't post with my pally yet, because it doesn't show up on the character list, but the name is Aruhn, and I'm a Tauren on Shadow Council if you want to look the character up. I'm just in the greens you are given from the scroll, with the exception of a chest piece quest reward that seemed better, even though it's got parry on it. Anyway, sorry for the rambling, I tend to do that. Any help or advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.Akiimi6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Level 70 Paladin Twink! Need Help! I'm going to twink my paladin at level 70 for a while to get the 1750 2v2 arena achievement and I'm going to arena with a frost mage.I was wondering what spec I should go to get that achievement with him. Any help or suggestions wanted!Kystron1 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Some post 85 problems I leveled as a Prot Pally and enjoy tanking. Just binged 85 about a week ago and am trying to get my ilvl to run heroics. Problem is...healers are saying they are having a hard time keeping me alive, that I'm not geared properly. My gear is stam str, then focusing on these buffs in order; mastery, parry/dodge, hit/crit, expertise. Granted there are a few pieces of my gear that definitely need to be changed out, but the problem is I can't run dungeon to get the new gear in the first place. I've done probably 75% of the twilight highland quests and am planning on finishing it up to grab any gear that may help me out. Please help with some advice so I can keep rolling this pally and not let it fizzle out. ThanksPureforce4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Need Help Setting Up Action Bars - Protection I have really just been playing as a Ret pally to level, so I have little to no experience tanking and was just looking for some good guidance on how to setup my action bars in the best manner..as of now I have all my Seals and Blessings setup on the right action bar (I assume Blessings of the Kings and Seal of Righteousness will be the ones I use for tanking). So...any help setting up the rest of my spells is greatly appreciated or links to videos or other guides! ThanksCycra6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Useful Addons for Protection Paladin? I am currently using: Omen Bagnon DBM Recount Spell Flash: Paladin Just wondering what some good addons are for me as I am just starting to tank...also which is the best addon for rotation help for Protection and Retribution?Cycra9 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Finally some love for paladin tier gear first and foremost, i want to say that i (and many who play the game) appreciate the art department's attempts to make interesting and cool looking gear for all the classes in the game, and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. but honestly, aside from an almost decent attempt at tier 13 (the helm looked really stupid, but the shoulders looked pretty awesome, the rest of the set was 'meh') all the other sets of pally tier gear for cataclysm was pretty retarded looking and didn't really have much to do with paladins. tier 11 didn't look like anything any self respecting paladin would be waiting for a rez defending the world in (it seriously looked like a paladin covered themselves in glue and rolled around in kitty litter). tier 12 looked like we were scarecrows on fire (they could have done much better with the fire theme honestly). but tier 14 looks truly amazing and is arguably the best looking armor set we have seen since tier 10 ( or 8 or even 6th depending on your tastes). and our challenge gear looks remarkable, and i would just like to say that its nice to see us get love and that the paladin community appreciates the attention. (yes its true, paladins mostly get good looking gear on the 2's). also on a side note, i have an amusing theory on what happened between the armor artist between Cata and MOP if you care to read (and i don't care if it was the same team or not, this i show i imagine it): the new art leader walks into the studio wielding a sword challenging the Cata art leader, which he promptly pulls out his sword. after an epic climatic battle, the new lead slays the old by cutting off his head. and in highlander style effects, the new lead absorbs the old lead and uses his experience and the just finished battle as inspiration to make these new sets of paladin gear...and patiently prepares both for upcoming patches, and the next lead to attempt absorb him.Galxias32 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Rotation ... I've READ about this at different times in threads, no real helpful details on it... I find in order to proceed much further I need to understand this. (Yes, lvled up without any, actually in one instance with those orcs you help out, a dps death knight in the group told me I was the best tank they had seen all day... Yeah, speaking pretty poorly of their other tanks lol) Someone once said something to me of a 3 or 4 botton rotation... Idk... but would appriate any help on the rotation for prot and/or ret... Just simply how to figure out a rotation to maximize dps out put... Of late have run as ret in the lvl80-85 randoms...Willtastic5 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Ret/Hunter/Rogue 3's Hey, A couple of friends and I have been screwing around in 3's for points and are planning on going ret/hunter/rogue pretty full on in a couple of days time. Would it be more beneficial to go into Last Word and reforge for crit or stay improved hammer and mastery? I've heard this comp relies a lot on endless CC chains so I'm assuming improved hammer is more worthwhile, but arenajunkies is blocked by my work filter for some reason. Any info would be appreciated.Fenryz6 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 Any help on hybrid prot build that can dps? Hi there everyone, I've read enough to know this "if you want to dps, then spec as a dps", but please allow me to explain: My primary spec is holy. I use dps to farm things and do lower level content. I don't think I've ever run level appropriate content in any other than holy. I would like to be able to run guildies through lower and non-heroic cata dungeons to help them level and get gear, so I would like to find a build that would allow me to do that as well as not put me to sleep when I have to kill mobs my level. Does such a thing exist or should I look at moving one of my other pallies to my server so I can have three specs to choose from? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!ßubble4 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 11, 2012 pvp Haven't pvped much throughout cata on my pally because i didn't really like it but going to give it another go. Basically just want to know if i should be using LFR gurth or 397 pvp wep.Coravel3 Jul 11, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Action Bar Setup Good?- PROT Currently I have a section for Single Target and AEO (although I do not have Inquisition yet) I have Avenging Wrath at the beginning of the sections as well as Divine Plea for instant Holy Power,then my general rotation spells, then taunts - single and AEO, then Damage Reduction for myself and party, then heals... Am I missing anything? Any suggestions, etc? Here is a screenshot of current setup: http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz335/Kawasaki268F/WoWScrnShot_070912_211019.jpgCycra5 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Denounce viable for 2's? I'm thinking of respeccing to include denounce. The reason being, that I play on a 2's team with a shadow priest, and find that we have plenty of survivibility, but lack burst. What draws me to the talent is the lowered mana cost (as of now chain casting exorcism DESTROYS my mana) and the crit reduction would be nice when taking down healers. I figure the crit reduction could also be used defensively against say a rogue. Was wondering if taking this talent is a noob thing to do, or if anyone has tried it before. ThanksGoochslapper3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Crit is KEY. Holy wow so I got me some of this crit and wow Holy shock procs 50% of the time and life has been alot easier .. If you want to be l33t get crit . @%@ sprit .Holygirl3 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 A little ret pally dps help Hello, I was just wondering if i could get some pointers on my ret pally dps as i feel like I'm underperfoming/being mediocre for my gear WoL from last raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rdxe10bm3vywfflm/ (We did 10 Bounces on Zon'ozz, only reason its 50K+)Bloodyen5 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Seal of Truth disappears I have complained about this before on various Battlenet forums: here, the customer service forum and the bug forum and no one from Blizzard will answer me I have SoT up and there is plenty of time before it expires and for no reason the seal disappears. I don't seal switch and the seal is not keybound. Without Seal of Truth I cant use Judegment. I have not changed my add ons. My understanding is that it cant be dispelled. Also, it's ridiculous that Paladins have to refresh both SoT and Might after death. What other class has to put up with that crap. Maybe if Mages had to do the same garbage then Ghostcrawler would care.Agincourt11 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Ret PvP help. First, I've read the stickies, I've armoried a bunch of good pallies (Hi Vanguards). Also my questions apply to low ratings 2s and random bgs only (all I have desire/time for). I'm wondering about expertise. I'm running with 18 with glyphed truth. Is my reforging bad? Basically I'm asking for a check from more experienced rets. I've just recently dusted this guy off and I'm a little lost on stat weights.Dawnbringer5 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Can anyone help me out? 70 twink holy pally! So basically, I'm rolling a 70 twink. I love Holy Pally at 85, I wanted to give 70 a try. The bad thing is, I have no idea where to start. If anyone can link something, or just help me out. Money IS an issue, I'll be farming for that as much as I can(On a new realm) so I can maybe max JC. I just need to know where to start >.<Khaosblade0 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Ret question Im in the process of making a retadin. just a simple question, i know everyone says go to it, but just makn sure, would u say the setup for a ret paly on noxxic is accurate? or wat would u change if u could?Zilios7 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 10, 2012 Do rets use intellect? So some guy and I have been having an argument on whether rets use intellect or not. I'm not going to interject my 'opinions' (which he calls them) and just ask for a straight up answer from a high-rated or experieced ret OR even a blue post, because thats the only thing going to shut this guy up.Failmore44 Jul 10, 2012
Jul 9, 2012 Beacon of Light Is it normal that bol only heals for half the heal amount? I don't remember it being this way? How am I supposed to keep a tank up if I am healing the rest of the group but the tank only gets a half heal? Or did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance for the help!Peligrosisi2 Jul 9, 2012