Paladin

Apr 25, 2012 holy pvp all i hear about is ret but how is holy doin for rbgs/arenas?Timmyboi7 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 PvP Holy paly Professions I'm making a 2nd paladin, this one will focus on holy paly pvp, I'm stuck on deciding on professions tho. I'm thinking along the lines of JC/BS or JC/ Alchemy (I already have a maxed druid for farming ore/herbs Does that minor 'extra' stat still work with BS/JC?Weelad3 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 lvl 30 talent in Mist(retribution focused) The choices here dont really feel fun they feel kinda like a burden, Having to choose between a spell that i chose ret for(repentance) and a slow that rets have been wanting for so long seems like a rediculous way to showcase your new talent trees. I feel like this teir would be fine if you just made repentance base line for ret and added something else in its place that modified seal of justice to be useful. Here is an example of what i mean: Level 30 Talent Choices- 1. Fist of Justice > Stun the target for 6 sec - 30 sec cooldown 2. Seal of Justice > Your Seal of Justice now immobilizes the target and silences for 2 sec and limits thier maximum run speed to -20%(yes thats negative) for 8 sec, but your judgements cooldown is set to 16 sec while this seal is active. (My hope here was to give a nice cc at the cost of mana, ie less judging so less mana). So this is effectively a immobilize/ slow that lasts for 10 sec total but on a 16 sec cooldown. 3. Burden of Guilt - your judgment reduces movement speed by 50% for 12 sec My idea seems like more of a fun choice here to me play style wise. Feel free to implement this as soon as possible for testing im sure they will love it. btw this seals effect would be undispellable unless the seal was dispelled from the pally in which case the debuff would be removed. the slow starts after the the immobilize is done.Urazju26 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Tanking Help Please? Several days ago, this toon hit 85 and I began running random heroics, followed by random Twilights. Just last night, I decided my gear was good enough to run LFR's. The good news is --> I have not caused any wipes. I seem to be able to take damage pretty well, but there is a minor issue...and feel some advice may help me. Here's the issue: While I survive fairly well, I am finding in some situations that people can pull threat off me and I know why. I have been putting all my effort into trying to obtain a 102.4% CTC. So far, with the gear I've managed to obtain, I still haven't reached that goal. While self-buffed and drinking my potion of mastery, I am sitting @ 97.7% CTC. The "catch 22" is: I have been instructed to go for this goal above anything else. Then, after reaching this goal, go for expertise and hit. Currently, my expertise and hit are horrible. Are other Paladin tanks having the same issue while gearing up? Do I have my priorities wrong? The saving grace to this is --> When I do lose threat to a dps'r, I can easily and quickly re-establish it via Righteous Defense and/or Hand of Reckoning. Any advice or recommendations are welcome. Thanks!Rhônin13 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Does cleanse still remove movement imp. MOP? Hi guys, can't get my paladin copied on MOP... does it still do that for ret? the talent isn't there with the revamp.Kenpo2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 So what's with this "Ret PVP help" fad? ^topic. I was away for the weekend playing the TERA beta and all of a sudden there are 78 threads on the first page about ret PVP help, which is obviously a joke since it's mostly just bashing your face against Crusader Strike and Word of Glory heals. So what did I miss?Turaven1 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Military man needs help with Ret PVP. Hello. I'm sorry to bother my fellow paladins but i am horrible at PVP. Some aspect of that is only having 2K resilience but the biggest problem i think is not knowing a proper rotation. Ive seen the sticky post, but believe it or not i dont know what those avronyms mean. Could someone explain to me a good rotation? Also in terms of gemming and reforging what should i aim for most? I heard crit waa not that great foe a pallly but i could be wrong. Should i get more mastery and strength than anything? Thank you in advance...Loryadin22 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Blessed Life gone in MoP? Hopefully it can be glyphed some how, otherwise /sadface I suppose it would be too good combined with Pursuit of Justice.Batlhazar2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 two v one thoughts. I do remember one time being in a wsg only a 1h from now, not a random bg but going up the tunnel being laughed at by a geared shaman healer and a feral druid how does one kill those two or at least take one of them down, please enlighten me, cause it was a epic fail on my part. I went for the shaman and was snared by the druids auto attack and the shamans distance frost shock thus forced to use blessing of freedom and then the shaman immediately purged blessing of freedom off of me, with the options i had left was to use either bubble, repentance and spam cleanse which cleanse in that situation doesn't work very well vs a auto apply snare enemy so i repentance the shaman so i could catch up to him with a follow of a judgment and said the hell with it, cleansing the crap out of my mouse button which i never once dared to go for the druid since i figured he had a trinket up and could just go in bear form and heal his way out of my avenging wrath damage so lucky for me the shaman forgot his absorbing magic totem and i was able to hammer of justice him and thus began my rampage of cd's upon him and my keyboard. After going so far with this he just trinket-ed out of hammer of justice and purged my avenging wrath, and after using one of his cd's to heal himself back to full life after getting him down to little below 50% health i know i can't out run a shaman or feral druid since ret's are basically force to fight to the death about 99.9% of the time, nor did i want to be laughed at anymore, and my bubble hearth was taken away form me:( . I decided to keep targeting the shaman with no luck at all after avenging wrath and zealotry on a cd, my weapon decided to quit on me and became nothing more than a mere noodle upon a chubby teddy bear/kitty and a cow and ended my rampage of noodle hitting after a quick bubble to only heal my self to half health and have barely any mana for another continuous battle of laughter. my solution is below with my mage to be named gandalf soon ill get a macro that says thee line of awesomeness when I hit 16k plus on targets.Avrand2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Avengers Shield? In HoT's i have noticed that my shield has been missing a lot. How would i go to fixing that? Hit chance?Gogg4 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Heroic DS Live Stream Sup guys, bout to do a little stream on my Holy paladin. We're gonna hopefully down H-Hagara, H-Ultraxian, get some attempts in on H-Warmaster, and clear through on normal! You might even get to see my cat rampage across the keyboard and kill the raid :( It'll be starting up in a couple minutes here. Hope too see you on the stream! http://www.justin.tv/aaronsolonAdraza2 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Beta talent question... So with less talents are we losing the dps talents we would get from other talents which are no longer in the tree? What about that aoe attack as well? Or are these now rolled into the spec somewhere? Thanks.Kenpo4 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 I might be the worst Pally ever But I love playing a Pally...I only farm with him and run old school, because either i'm horrible (most likely) or I simply do not understand how to pull any decent dps in pvp... horrible confession- until yesterday I did not use inq until i had 3 charges...and then only occasionally... I have and up till recently end game raided with very competitive guild...clearly never on a pally...why is it someone can master sub rogue but not pally...advice and other sad confessions always acceptedTurner2 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Ret trinket question All right, right now I am using Rosary of Light and Varo'then's Brooch from the heroic HoT instances. I have the VP to buy an upgrade, and I was wondering if Rotting Skull from VP is worth buying before any of the other rewards, and if so, what trinket should I replace with it?Moltarion4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Paladin vs Warrior? I have a pally n warr, pally is 80 and warrior is 70. what one should i continue leveling? which one is better for tanking/pvp? how do the warriors fair in MoP? I love my warrior more but they just plain suck imo p.s. i haven't played in 2 yearsZabelle4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 How long until... While I am doing randoms I feel like an UNSTOPPABLE JUGGERNAUT!!! Srsly, I can pull whole rooms and just lay down the wrath of the Light and come out unscathed. Obviously, as a realist, I come to realize that this feeling must come to an end somewhere. Right? Or will this feeling of pwnage remain well into HoT and beyond?Tabernacle7 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Need help building the ultimat Pally Simply, what race would be best.Illvatu4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Hpal and spirit Hey guys Any hpals out there try experimenting with stacking spirit as opposed to int?? I've been looking into some of the top raided hpals and noticed a lot are stacking spirit? So far I've tried using int+spirit gems instead of straight int, and favour spirit where I can without missing gem bonuses, and have heartsong on my weapon now. I haven't played around enough with it to determine what is best, but its nice to see my mana fill up so fast when their is downtimeSarem19 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Trying to decide Heal or Tank? Title says it all, im having a tough time trying to decide what i wanna stick with as a healer or a tank.. at my current level i have decent enough gear to get away with switching back and forth betqween the 2, but as i quickly am approaching max level im kinda stuck becuase i love both specs... kinda leaning more towards a healer but i love the instant ques as a tank, seems there not so instant with a healer. Anyone wanna share any stories on how and why they picked what spec they play.Justuras8 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 ret pally pvp arena Sup guys go check out bohicatv - gellats ret pal pvp part 1 and 2 on youtube will be puting up guides to ret pallys, Macros what to gem what gear you want to be getting and what to reforge into =D also can make guides with Rated BGs arenas and duels vs specific classes and specs. please like and subscribe and comment on what you guys would like to see. 2.2k ret pally S9 S10 gonna go for 2.2k for this season very soon so will have vids up of that =)Gellats0 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 I LOVE MY PALLY just about to be 85 and loving my pally dont know if i will be tank healer or dps probably healer any recomendations on rotation specs glyphs gear etc?? thxMasonpally3 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Ret pally pvp help So I've been really enjoying ret pvp and I was really destroying people at 60-70, but now I've been finding that even after I pop ever cool down I have and get 3 stacks of holy power, my Templars Verdict hits for like 150-700 damage against people with 14k+ health. I'm really not sure what happened or what I can do to fix this, so any help would be great.Cailen4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 trinket trouble. So I love indom pride and now I've got a decision to make. I won the 403 Resolve of the undying in 10 man. Now I know for a fact I'll use the Resolve for more melee heavy fights. But I'm not exactly sure what fights to switch it out. I know Gunship. Anyone got suggestions on when they would use either or?Repentthysin5 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Pally Pros I'm no pro (at all) to WoW but was looking to roll a Pally as an alt for days when I feel like playing something a little different then my hunter. What are some of the pros and cons of rolling a Pally? Thanks ahead for leaving your feedback and taking the time to check out this post. -OSANIOsani6 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Tanking issues Well Im trying to figure out why im taking such a beating in H's especially in zul'gurub.... I dont know if its my tanking gear... and quite frankly it seems like all of the healers are having to put in alot of effort to heal me... I dont know if its because im not popping cooldowns enough or what... any tips?Eyeofanangel10 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Ret paladin pvp since my character is on the verge ofbeing level 85 in minutes, i would like to know what are the best times to se holy power for? for example do i choose templars verdict just as a general ability to use when at 3 holy power, or should i save it for when my partner or i might get low and use wog?Kekiashi1 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Rolling a new Paly after LONG break from WoW and I got just a couple Q?s (Yes, I see the stickies, and their AWESOME and thank you, please continue :) ) When I played paly 3 or 4 years ago (I know right?) Ret was the leveling spec. Unless you wanted to search for instances the whole time as prot, and there were some painful lvl gaps too, you went Ret. But... I don't see any guide for that? Is prot the new leveling tree then? If so, how is Prot for soloing? And PvPing while leveling? Or do you just power level through a string of better connected instances until you get at least past 30? I was also shocked to find my seal's have 30 minute duration O.o and then Judging didn't burn em either O.O I see I have a whole new system to learn here. Considering Seal management seemed to be the whole thing you did before I'm not even sure what it's gonna be like nao :D This holy power mechanic sounds awesome though. Sure I'll have questions about how to best use that for different roles later :P This isn't my boost to 80 either... I did a druid for that :P THAT changed a lot too, but I digress. I really want to learn my paly inside and out as I level it up :)Rônin6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 How are paladins in PvP atm? I need some opinions as i might make a paladin alt.Daveski6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 RET help needed. Hey all, I am just getting back into RET for the first time. I ran a DS10 with my guild last night and my DPS was -abysmal-. I averaged at about 25k? I don't know whether it's my gear, or I'm doing something wrong with my rotation. This is only my second day back as RET and all the DS gear you see on me was offspec rolls from my MS (Holy). If any RETs could toss me a few pointers on our rotation that'd be amazing. I am popping GoaK for ten seconds to let the stacks build up, then popping zealotry/inquisition/wings. Also, I know I should ditch the PvP gear. As I said, only my second day back as RET, so I'm working on the gear. The rest of my EXP cap and that last bit of hit will come with the new gear. Any tips? Comments? I'm open, please.: )Alandan11 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Greetings fellow Rets Hello all. Im leveling this ret pally to 85, and I just wanted to get some input from other fellow Rets as far as level 85 dps. Are we competative dps? I know we dont top charts, but Im I was just curious as to how we compare to other classes?Savnok5 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 What classes are impossible to beat? Just wondering what classes does a pally no matter the spec will not beat, I am thinking frost mages and dks?Mootator11 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 WoG 2's partner macro? help me :DBasicz6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Admitting I was wrong. I was 1 of the loud voices when the talent trees came out that screamed about the idea of blizzard just getting lazy and not wanting us to have a lot of choices for our spec in game. As Mists got closer and beta hadn't come out but more info did, I softened my position to the point of "I'll wait and see and give it a chance" Well I got my Beta invite today and wow... I'm sorry Blizzard, I was wrong. I've only played this guy so far but the Prot paladin set up is great. More damage, more damage absorbion, and always having something I can cast. As prot we can charge up to 5 holy power (but still only have to use 3) so Right shield is up at full power more often, and can trigger a free use the way ret gets templar's Verdict. Ok so I know I'm geeking out a bit here but after running a couple randoms to test things out I have to say, if nothing changes and Blizz doesn't screw Prot paladins over between now and release, it is going to be fun to be a tank again.Soulrage8 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Holy Paladin, what should be the main gear? OK, after Intell should I build Spirt and Haste? How much should each be capped at? Is Crit no longer as important. Took a break from wow for about a year and trying to learn the new ways. Thanks.Hungster3 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 I want to start PVP but I barely make enough gold to buy resilience gear in gold do I just go ahead and queue and save up Honor for some decent pvp gear or what?Vomlir25 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 I am the best Every BG, I manage to outperform every other player on my team and the opposing team. I top HK's, I have zero deaths and my heals are a blessing from the gods themselves. Where is your God now?Watermelynn28 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Ret Help Please Hi. I just recently started playing my ret pally again -who I haven't played with since the end of Wrath- and I am really having a hard time understanding the new rots and powers. Now I read that ret PvE guide in the forums, but to be honest I really didn't understand it too much (I've been gone from pallies that long). I've been practicing on the dummys to try and get back into the rhythm, but its not happening. I can't seem to get enough of the holy power fast enough, and even when I do get 3 power charges and use TV, it doesn't seem to do that much damage, unless it glowing. And with CS having that -for me at least right now- 4.26 sec cd, I'm not doing any damage outside it, except for my auto attack, until it hit 3 charges and I can use TV. So what am I doing wrong; cause I know I have to be doing SOMETHING wrong cause right now I am just not getting it. I really want to get back to playing my pally cause it was my main toon during Wrath and I thoroughly loved it. So if a seasoned Cata ret can gives me some advice or tell me what I'm doing wrong I would really, REALLY appreciate it. Thanks. P.S. If you a snarky/troll comment to make please go somewhere else, cause I'm trying to get real help here.Vakka11 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 [Video] Mists of Pandaria Paladin Talent Tree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLsXWhGBmc&feature=youtu.be Hello again brother Paladins, I come to you from the MoP Beta with a full demonstration of our entire pre-level 90 talent tree. This is from a Retribution perspective but as the talents are not specc specific, Prot and Holy Paladins can use my video to help them decide of how they'd like to build in Mists of Pandaria. Hope you enjoy! Feedback is of course always appreciated.Vindicare10 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Noob Ret Pally to WoW,someone please help me? Hey everyone I'm relatively new to the game, just hit lvl cap 2 days ago. I'm mainly focused on PvP. I've started with the crafted PvP gear and slowly replacing them with honor gears. Obviously I get my butt kicked all the time at BG and I really can't complaint about that due to the fact that I am poorly geared. My question is what could I do to improve my poor dps at BG, what kind of gem/enchant should I be getting once I've replaced my crafted pvp gear with honor gear. Or just how to be a better pvper in general. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my noob question lol.Kostanza2 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Calling out Dallon of Cho'gall! I was checking out your armory today and saw that you still have blue quality gems in your boots. Just letting you know. Have a good one.Hastega23 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Pally FC Spec Im playing around with gems and enchants wanting to give FC a shot. Does anyone have a link to the best viable prot pally FC spec? Also top Glyphswhat I have now from months and months ago- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Alkal%C3%ADne/talent/secondaryAlkalíne4 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Looking to boost my dps. Alright, so I have pretty good gear, I use clcret.....yet self buffed I can pull a little over 30k on a target dummy. Is that right? It just seems low to me for having heroic gear. Then in raids on fights like heroic zonozz I'm pulling overall 36k. Heres our log for tonights raid...... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ltj40uelanjyoh4n/details/6/ Basically if you see anything wrong in my rotation or anything I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.Miraka24 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 need some help The sticky guide 4.1 raiding ret says this the stat weight (Current reforging priority is as follows:Hit to cap (8.00%) > Expertise to cap (16 + GoSoT) > Mastery > Crit > Haste). So do we still go for 8% hit, and exp cap of 16 and then go for mast? Thanks for the help. Also if there is a good guide to follow can you link it pz.Belra5 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Does Eye for an Eye reduce damage taken? Or does it do what I think it does and just provides extra Damage?Hippoli6 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Elixers/Potions? stats for low level Can someone tell me what elixers/potions are good for a low level retribution paladin? Level 19 -TYSinfang2 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Ret PvP talent choices Heyyo, I'm just getting back into the game after a brief absence, and I've never really PvP'd all that much. So I started grinding for gear, and I'm having a hell of a good time. My question is in my spec I put 3 points into Divinity, but is it more beneficial to take those points and put them in Last Word? Thanks in advanceHohammer3 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Ret or DK in mop? What seems to be looking better for mop? I enjoy playing both, but would like to make one of them my main. I enjoy both pvp and pve, and I'm a casual player (which is why I'd like to only focus on one from now on)Tethel5 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Dodge HOJ Simply can it be dodged / parried / avoided by a feral druid. In 2's today went to hoj him and for some reason it became on cooldown but the feral was not stunned it was in the open so it couldn't have been d/r to the point he was immune, he was night elf but I was under the assumption it couldn't be dodged. thanksGubonjajado13 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Blackhorn 10H healing tips Hi all We're starting H Blackhorn today and I was looking for some pro tips for healing (especially P2). Any special handling for Consuming Shroud, especially when it overlaps Disrupting Roar? What boss % do you start chaining cooldowns? Positioning tricks that make things easier?Lusignan1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Open Libram XXIV: The Pandarian Candidate ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4365746973 Open Libram on Pageface: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 --- get to postin', pally people.Martana500 Apr 22, 2012