Paladin

Dec 24, 2011 did my first simulation and.... got this as my stat priority Wspeed > Wdps > Str = Exp > Crit = Mastery = AP = Haste does that seem right? im pretty sure i filled out all the forms right. any tips or tricks to make sure its set right?Kahn6 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 What's in your CD player? ...or MP3 or MP4 or whatever the latest and greatest is. Just wondering what my fellow Pals are listening to when they grind. I'm really partial to the FF7 Crisis Core soundtrack or the dubstep channel on Pandora.Kelsen35 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Old Player with New Spec Questions I used to play this game years ago, and now I have come back to find all of my talents reset and a bunch of new spells to train. A few questions. I am a fairly solitary player, who spends most of his time questing, but I still want to be able to heal for groups once and a while. I like to do ret the most, and would love to spec ret and holy. Does that make any sense anymore? Any suggestions on the best spec for what I described? Also, I feel completely lost, any help with what would be a good basic attack based on the specs you mention? Thanks for all the help.Argwyn3 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Combat system and rounding... Out of curiosity, what kind of rounding does the combat system use? For instance, with the stats I have currently - 2647 parry, and 2648 dodge, both are equal at 17.65% after diminishing returns. However, by tweaking my parry and dodge by a few numbers, I can get 2654 parry, and 2641 dodge, which gives me 17.63% dodge and 17.68% parry. 17.65% + 17.65% = 35.3% 17.68% + 17.63% = 35.31% So yes, I realize the chance is extremely insignificant, but does the character screen simply use rounding so it shows up as better on the character screen, when in actuality, the combat system is using the number stretched out to much further decimal places? Or does the game actually just round to 2 decimal places and use those numbers for combat? I personally prefer the appearance of having both my dodge and parry chance the exact same on my character screen, but it just kind of irks me to know that it might be possible to actually have better overall avoidance by making a minor change to my reforging. Edit: ...and I meant to post this in the tanking forum, but I had the paladin forums open... win.Assura2 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Beacon of Light not working properly... Hello guys! So since I made this paladin my main I have noticed some odd things about Beacon of Light, so I was wondering if you guys could help me with those. 1) If you use "beacon of light" on yourself... would it heal by the 50% that is meant to give you? *I tried this myself and it doesn't seem to show up on the combat log, please try it yourself. 2) While doing some arenas I also noticed that the healing done on my teammate by "beacon of light" doesn't show up, and it only shows up outside arenas "sometimes", same in dungeons. *I tested it in battlegrounds and dungeons, checked the combat log and still not healing coming directly from beacon of light. This is a very important issue... may be I am just being stupid and don't fully understand the functionality of beacon of light, but by what it seems... I believe the spell is broken. Please I urge you to try it yourself.Incage21 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Mop spell suggestion thread. I have a couple of cool ideas: Barrier of Light: An instant cast, 45 second CD spell that places a holy barrier along a straight line. This barrier has a health bar which can be depleted and when it is, the barrier goes as well. This barrier prevents all non party members from passing through it, and heals all party members that do. This spell would cost holy power, the amount of holy power used translates into the amount of HP the barrier has, the length of time it is up, and how much it heals for. Dawn Burst: A three second cast time AoE heal, that is placed on the ground, causing three low health targets to be healed, pulsing every 1.6 seconds, for 4 seconds. This spell would cost mana, have no CD but be very expensive. Fist of Light: Causes a large holy fist to come crashing down on enemies. This attack would cause a medium amount of threat, causing a high amount if your spec is Protection. Beacon of radiance: A 15 minute CD. Places a beacon on all part and raid members healing them for 50% of the amount healed. Lasts for 30 seconds. When one beacon is dispelled, up to five beacons near the target are dispelled as well. these are just suggestions. If you have any post them here!Amy0 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Question about prot pally stats I am still a little confused about prot pally stats. Coming from years of playing a holy, I never really payed much attention to tanking stats, except to know that if I saw dodge/block on an item it was a tanking piece. I do know that strength is needed. It makes me hit harder, which annoys the mobs more so they focus on me. I'm relegating spirit to the healer stats list. Stamina is always needed, and actually fairly hard to avoid as it's on almost every piece of gear. The stat that has me really confused is agility. For years, I thought tanks had to avoid agility, but some friends that are tanks have told me that agility helps their dodge chance. I'm also slightly confused about the secondary stats. At my level, the argument could be made that having the right stats doesn't matter as much, but i'd rather get it right now, than get called out at 85 for having the wrong stats as a tank, and this toon was created so I could learn tanking from the ground up. So, my questions are these: 1 How important is agility for tanks and should I start looking around for replacements for my gear that has agility on it? 2 What sort of weight should I put on the secondary stats?Frynah4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Roman paladin Hi fellow paladins. I hope you all are doing good this day and may the batnerf stay away from us and the buffs come soon. I have a question. Do you know if there's a way to make my paladin look like a roman soldier? Any idea is well appreciated. Thank you. Lyle with just one e.Lylee1 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Tenta-#%## in PvP or S11 weapon? Hey Ret PvPers. So thanks to a new system/gaming mouse, Void Storage, and some sweet new gear for S11 (as well as bg wins for conquest points), I decided to dabble in PvP and I found that I'm *loving* it so far. I followed Vanguards' advice and though I'm not a juggernaut by any means, but my damage is consistent and my offheals and hand-jobs do a fine job at keeping support. I'm hoping to find an RBG group or maybe an arena team with a few friends once I'm done tweaking myself out. Right now I'm working on my gear for some enchants and gems. I'm using the raid finder version of Gurthalak, since it's more damage and the proc is something nice. Although it'll be awhile before I get to that level, what I'm wondering is once I save up enough points, would the stats (especially the resil) on the Cataclysmic weapons be superior to Gurthalak? I do find myself feeling a little squishy against similar/better geared opponents even at 3700+ resil. However, the tentacle proc does contribute a decent amount to dps (and snaring), but I know almost for certain I won't be able to get even a Normal version thanks to my schedule. TLDR: S11 weapon or LFR Gurthalak? Also, besides the obvious missing enchants/gems, any advice you could pass on for my gear/spec?Jackishi18 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Bacon of Light Happy Festivus everybody!!!!!!!! I hope you're all well rested and preparing for the Feats of Strength!Fatheroflíes0 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Ret PvP How is it this patch / season? I haven't tried at all. What changes have there been since 4.2? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks guys :D <3Prudella6 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 DPS question, heroics.. Just wanting to know what I might be doing wrong. I've grouped with lesser geared Ret pallies and seen them do around 24 to 30k dps in heroics. I'm using CLCret, MrRobot and Reforgeanator to reforge, Righteousness on trash, Truth on bosses, and popping wings / Zealotry when they are up and on bosses. I also always keep Inquisition up as well... I'm pulling anywhere from 17 to 23ish, and a little more when I pop all cool downs. Any advice would be great, thanks...Xate8 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Paladin DPS leveling Should i use Prot or Ret? I dont wana tank atm but i might at 85, which is better for just leveling? Il instance every now and then too.Voctavian1 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 2p T13 in Arenas, yay or nay? I have a few tokens and am wondering if its worth dropping 600 or so resil for or not.Ogpoopnfresh2 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Holy Trinkets Wondering if VP Reflection is better than norm Jaws or Eye on any fight.Unhope3 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 SWORDINGTON! I just killed deathwing I won the two handed sword I am so happy haiku for mine fellow pallies.Angrytoast5 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 cataclysmic weapon vs gurthalak pvp can't make my mind up on what to get really the cataclysmic weapon has more dps resil and crit but on the other hand gurthalak has the add proc that can snare my target and we rets lack that any feed back is welcomeJudgëmënt4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Retribution: How faceroll is it? Just today during Tol Barad, I was feeling quite tired. I began to fade in and out of consciousness at my computer while guarding Warden's Vigil with a few others. When I finally snapped out of it, I realized that not only had I managed to continue playing the game, but also that I had facerolled while in a comatose state and killed several others. so, how faceroll is retribution in all honesty?Burgess6 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 4.3 PvP Retadin - Mastery vs. Crit Build Hi guys! After doing extensive research, I'm currently in debate with myself of whether or not I should reforge into Crit or keep my Mastery at where it is. A lot of people say Mastery is better for us because it provides solid, safe, steady DPS. However, considering that I have a Word of Glory talent build, people say Crit is better because it not only benefits CS and TV DPS, but also WoG casts as well. Also, I've been consistently following the Top PvP Retadins in WoW and a few have recently switched to a Crit build, leaving me doubtful in my Mastery build. I'm just looking for some opinions and reassurance from y'all. I'd appreciate your opinions, thanks!Draeneus4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Thoughts on Ret PvP - Rated BGs Well i had held out on judgement about Ret 4.3 until i had a chance to do some Rateds. Based on 6-7 games tonight where i started out with 0 Rating. (hit about 2050 last season) for reference we ran: Prot Warr/arms FC, 2Hpal, Disc, Rsham. And Frost Mage, Frost DK, Sub Rogue, Aff Warlock and myself - Ret paladin as DPS. We went undefeated starting at 2K MMR and climbed to 2200 MMR. We beat several "hero the alliance/veteran of the horde" teams(Glad for RBGs). Those MMRs should be on the higher end of things atm as many teams have not farmed up high ratings yet BC of MMR reset. Top damage in 4/6 BGs. Most KBs in one game - 17. Average KBs per game ~ 9. Damage felt absolutely wonderful. Survivability was not a problem at all. I wore 390 iLvL Gurthalak sword 90% of the time and Bone Link Fetish PVE trinket and did not feel squishy at all. Kills were INCREDIBLY easy to land when the Frost mage and i timed burst together. Coordination from teamates landed us many other effortless kills with smokebomb and caster CC in addition to my burst and that of other melee. 106K WoG was the biggest i saw and i only had one game against a 2160MMR "Veteran of the Horde" team" where i died around 7 times and had fewer KBs. Against this super caster heavy team i went all resil and focused way more on off heals. We won and basically controlled the game for 20 minutes. I feel like my spec/glyphs are exactly what i would like them to be and am VERY happy with Ret overall atm. Just wanted to put this out there because i was a little unsure of my position on our rated BG team until tonight. I was completely prepared to step out if tonight i felt like ret was not helping our team. I feel 100% more effective than before 4.3. Several games i was top damage by over 1M. Ret feels more usefull than ever before. Pressure is really great all the time. It is important to realize that the strength of the spec lies in its versatility, when teams are really kiting/snaring/training you down the spec allows you to just shift focus to offhealing and throwing out blessings(hand). Waiting for the right moment to pop CDs when you are reletively free / losse / DRd on CC makes all the differance. Good luck to everyone out there and i want to let anyone know who may be doubting, We are fine.Sparklefist64 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 76 BE Holy Pally I'm a level 76 Holy pally and I have the full PvP set for PvP I have it all gem'ed, what enchants do I need to keep going?Erodrelå0 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Tired of being beaten 1v1 unfairly: I don't know what am I doing wrong, or is it my lack of enchants that ruins it up for me, but I keep dying to most classes 1v1. I understand this game is not balanced in 1v1, but really...It tires me how I cannot beat anyone in a duel when I'm trying to practice for arenas and how to beat other classes. Also, is it the WoG build that makes me do less damage? Thanks for any responses.Wadushodu25 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Am I ready for Dragon Soul (prot) I have a 378 ilvl and a bit over 101% avoidance, I believe. My only blue is Impetuous Query (333). I haven't been able to get the HoT trinket to drop. I'm not sure where else to look. It doesn't seem like anything is an upgrade. My cape is ilvl 365, the one from the Thrall line. I have 2 pieces from raid finder, 2 piece 378 tier, Valor boots/belt/trinket, and the rest of my gear is from HoT heroics. Is my body ready?Pianoman6 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Tips would be appreciated (Holy Paladin) I have 2k VP and I'm not sure which item to buy: the VP trinket, the ring or neck. My problems: 1) I OOM on certain fights; such as Ultra, Spine and Madness. This means that I'm having mana issues. I have 2903 spirit... So, I'm guessing I need more than 3k. I'm just wondering if the VP trinket (Reflection of the Light) will fix my OOM problem... 2) Since I've just got a 2nd T13 piece, I'm not sure which glyph to replace with Glyph of Divine Favour. 3) I think I have too much crit (20%). The problem is that if I reforge some crit into mastery, I don't know if the reforged Mastery will ouput better work than 20% crit. 4) I have Ring of the Riven. Even though it doesn't have spirit, is it worth it? 5) I have Helm of Power. No spirit again. Worth it? >.< this Hpally stuff is so confusing!Inaudax11 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Replacing 391 Pants to get T13 4pc, worth it? Title says it all. I got the LFR Pants token and am not sure if replacing my current 391 T12 (which completes a 2pc by the way) is worth getting a 4pc with the loss of some stats. so, Immolation Greaves to Greaves of Radiant Glory Ryllandaros12 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 So! I know there are blues I have to replace, and I know where to get them, but I was wondering if there were any other suggestions to be made about my stat choice, Spec, and glyphing? please let me know so I can amend that ASAP :)Amy5 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 gear check So, going MS prot for this patch. and im just looking for constructive criticism about gear. also i was wondering if i should stick with Soulshifter Vortex or switch out for Resolve of Undying. thanks for your help. Also i realize my cape isnt enchanted and im sure i dont have the absolute BiS enchants for a few peices, but im really not too concerned with it, im not pushing heroic content, or even reg until i get a damn raid grp.Amelyna1 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 I feel like... If resto druids could get away with murdering every single holy paladin, they would. I'm scared. O_OVynstoran2 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Ret pally - PvP advice The reason I'm posting this is because I'm very new to pvp. Ill take any advice even if I didn't ask for it! Should I reforge ? If so for what and why. How much resilience should I go for? What should be my priority going into a 2 v 2 fight ? Leave anything else you'd like to share ! Cämel3 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Holy Paladins How do I do go about killing one? Even with Find Weakness, my lame little DoTs, and slowed I can't seem to get one past 50% hp. I've tried making them burn though thier mana but that took longer than trying to solo a DK. When they bubble I usually vanish, open with garrote get a full kidney then shadowdance but it doesn't seem to be that effective. I'm not QQing but the other healer classes don't give this much trouble. So I'm asking the people who do play holy pally how do I beat them? Or at least put more pressure on so they can't heal their partners Kishipsho9 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 how much resilience for BG"s? Hey guys I'm back after a year break, and my acc got hacked so im starting fresh. :( What is the desired resilience for a Hpally now? Do we stack as much as possible or is there a soft cap we aim for them all PVE stats?Puthypaly4 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 hpally mana regen soo mana isnt a big issue but atm im gearing spirit and i use my divine plea at about 70% and i keep my jugdment buff up and melee as much as i can i think my issue just practice but am i missing anything? i see in vids hpallys using holy light can anyone explain why yea its a low mana heal but its trash for the cast timeMildpicante5 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Please give paladin a snare not a seal switch so much fun switching seals to slow a player down ...bring back the old judgment of justice for rets at least every class has a super snare or root you took our wings give us snare!Immuneomg13 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Is this a good healer for random BGs? Hey guys thanks for your time! SO I haven't played my paladin in a while and I am interested in it. One of my favorite things I loved about paladin back in the BC days was BGs and that is about all I would do pvp wise. Is this a good choice in class for that? Also: what about Ret?Judgeinjury7 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 best healing buff during ultraxion title says it all. ive been looking over logs, checking websites and everything else so now i come here. As a holy paly, which buff should we get? in our 25's ive been getting the green, but i dont feel that it is right. what are your thoughts fellow pally's?Draiven4 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Random Paladin Ideas The other day I was thinking about some simple class changes for the paladin. If you like it… you do and if you don’t that’s fine with me. Just be gentle on the flaming. 1. I like the spell animation for turn evil and would like to see it incorporated into exorcism. 2. Avenging wrath with wings is cool but I it thinks that our character should morph into the animation for guardian of kings and have that replace the wings animation. The wings animation should be used for when we judge and gain our speed boost almost like the wings are pushing us to run faster. 3. Another thought for wings animation is to have the wings folded over protecting the paladin when we cast divine protection. 4. Mark of the Silver Hand, You have been marked with the blessings of the silver hand. 5 percent of your normal attack is added on to your auto attack and is repeated for an additional 5 percent for the next auto attack and so forth. The percentage added cannot exceed the original amount for 50percent of the ordinal attack. Ret pallys healing is horrid especially using flash of light. 11000 for a heal is not too good and remember that were losing dips trying to heal ourselves. This balances out the lost time trying to cast a heal. 5. For holy paladins splash damage for say 5 yards around the target healed. 15 percent of the heal is transferred as damage to nearby targets. Puts holy pallys back in pvp. 6. If you’re going to make consecrate such an enormous manna drain lets add something sweet to it. Standing in hallowed ground removes all poisons and moving impairments. For holy add magic. Phreqsho1 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Ret Gear Dilemma - T13 and S11 Right now I'm sitting on a bunch of CP. I am also in the process of getting two pieces of T13 for the set bonus. I would like to spend my CP but I don't want to waste it if I'll end up replacing it in a couple weeks with T13. My question is this: even if I were to get the T13 twopiece bonus, is it also worth it to pick up the corresponding S11 pieces?Sigmar4 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 resto druid or holy pally? As the title says, I'm inquiring mostly for the learning curve and effectiveness of the two possible healers above. Any and all advice and input is much appreciatedDerivative2 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 new to pally tanking how does it look and no i cant link but be honest and dont be shyGrasher1 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Healthstones, and a macro to use them ... I just don't use Heathstones. Not because I don't like them, but because I forget them. To solve this, I'm trying to work out a macro that will use a Healthstone if one is in my bag [exists], or cast "Lay on Hands" if one is not. The macro I wrote doesn't work: #showtooltip /use [exists] Healthstone;Lay on Hands Any thoughts on how to get it to work, or if its even possible? Thanks! SJObernaughti5 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 10k dps, is that too low for my class? I'm a fairly new 85, only been one for just over a week. I used to do around 8k dps, but now it's upped to between 9-10k depending on buffs. I'd never had anyone comment on it being too low before, and never had problems in dungeons or anything. but the last two I did I was kicked from one because my dps was too low, and then on another one someone commented on how I sucked, cause my dps was only 10k. the next highest was a mage at 11k on the Well of Eternity heroic however, I was hitting between 14-15k for the bosses, and about 9k on the trash (dunno how that happened :S) Is 10k really that bad for a new 85 paladin? I've been working on improving my gear, and reforging into (what I believe to be) the stats I need to up my dps. I thought my gear was relatively good (except the couple of greens Im yet to find replacements for :S I'm really not sure what to do to up it anymore, is my gear just really bad?Shinsox11 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Help me improve my PvP Geared Ret. I would appreciate any help on improving this character by examining his armory, and letting me know if I have any glyphs/enchants/gems/reforging that could be improved upon, or any thing else that you can think of. I feel least confident about my reforging, because I don't feel as if I knew completely what I was doing there. I've read a lot of suggestions off from noxxic.com, which say to reach your hit cap, then reforge into either mastery or critical strike rating, so I reforged into critical strike rating. If it can be done a better way, let me know. If you have any suggestions on how I could improve in any of these, it would be much appreciated. I've been doing PvP for a few months, but I only recently started to care about whether or not I was correctly geared for the job. Thanks for any suggestions that come my way once again, and I will surely take them into consideration!Xentar6 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Thinking of making a Paladin. And I have a couple of questions for the players(of course.) 1: Which spec is most suited for levelling via questing, Protection or Retribution? 2: Which race has the most relevant racials?Crazzbirt8 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Looking to Spec Holy and Ret Any ideas on how I could spec Holy and Ret? I'm level 47.Morlevi0 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Tier 6 shoulder graphic bug, help Hey whats up. Every time I see a pally wearing the tier 6 style shoulders it bugs the crap out of me. The little rays of yellow light that come out the top of the shoulders look like squares now instead of rays of light. Looks like little boxes coming out the top of each shoulder. Any idea what part of my graphic settings may be causing this? Thanks in advanceLopro7 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Feeling I Get Whenever I Visit Class Forums This just about sums up what goes through my mind every time I decide to venture onto class discussion boards. ESPECIALLY when there are changes on the horizon. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLVulS7mW-w&feature=relatedDayblade0 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Help me Transmog I'm looking for a one-handed mace (not main hand) that works with my current set in terms of looks. I have one that kinda matches the set, but it's very short and feels inadequate (giggity).Tailbiter1 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 22, 2011 Dear Paladins, Can I please buy your season 11 gear its too amazing?!!? :DDiseos3 Dec 22, 2011
Dec 21, 2011 Convince my friend soulshifter vortex is bad This trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=77206 My friend is a prot paladin, hes unhittable, full CTC, and he uses the soul!@#$er trinket, wasting the proc on the trinket, he uses it solely for the health bonus... I'm trying my hardest to convince him, but he really thinks soulshifter is better than spindle. Help me convince him, ill link him to this thread eventually : PDrayen12 Dec 21, 2011
Dec 21, 2011 Trouble with low level tanking Me and a buddy are leveling through the Recruit-a-Friend system, mainly dungeons. At the time of posting it says I'm level 12, but I'm actually in my early 20s. He's playing a Mage and I'm tanking for us. I'm having trouble staying alive in dungeons at our level. I'm not over pulling or chaining like I would on my heirloom characters, but I still die nearly every pull that has three mobs, almost for sure if we get adds. I think we're simply leveling up faster than dungeons can provide gear. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common occurrence?Visineos10 Dec 21, 2011