Paladin

May 12, 2012 Best heirlooms for straight PvP DPS? Hey guys, I'm thinking of rolling a pally in the near future and am just curious which of the available chests and shoulders are the best for dps in pvp. I really just want to focus on pvp throughout the leveling and have noticed that pallys seem to have a pretty good time in low level BGs. I really know nothing about pally pvp as I only have an 85 mage and this rogue. Which out of these is the best for PvP dps? Obviously speccing ret: Shoulders: Polished Spaulders of Valor OR Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor OR Burnished Breastplate of Might Weapon: Reforged Truesilver Champion OR Bloodied Arcanite Reaper Not sure if I should be stacking STR or STA, as I said I'm new to pallys. In the weapon category I just assumed that I should be equiping a 2h weapon, please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance :)Critiq1 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 2handed sword of Righteous awesomeness So, I've been on a hunt for a sword that would match the armor set i currently have on. This is normally my holy item set, but I'd like to use it for ret as well. I, too, need a 2 handed sword transmog to fit this set relatively well. The only two I could think of off the top of my head were Twinblade of the Phoenix and Blade of the Fearless. Unfortunately, the twinblade didn't drop off of Kael this week during my agonizing solo of him, and the other one doesn't quite match as well as I'd like. Any ideas? Edit: Apparently the link to Blade of the Fearless shows that it is pink and grey, when clearly, it is gold and grey (purchasable at the Baradin's Warden's Quartermaster). I wonder why the battle.net link shows it as it's improper color. how annoying... Also, I know there's quite a few threads already asking/talking about 2 handed sword transmogs, but I wanted to make a thread tailored (cwutididthar) to my specific needs.Rabanastre11 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Denouce v. Crit effects(pvp) I've a quick question for the forums. 2/2 denounce gives my exorcisms a 100% chance to not let the target get a crit for 6 seconds. But on the other hand, frost dk's(killing machine), assass rogues(cold blood) have these effects which grant them guaranteed critical strikes. So, which one wins? Can KM give a frost DK a critical strike even with denounce?Braveheárth18 May 12, 2012
May 11, 2012 Prot trinkets? Hi, i'm having a really rough time deciding on what trinkets I should use on my prot pally. Currently I have [Resolve of undying] LFR mode, [Veil of Lies], [Soulshifer Vortex] and enough cash to get the [Fire of the Deep] Trinket from Valor store. My issue is, EVERY SINGLE PALLY TANK/RANDOM PUG, tells me my trinkets are bad and I should use the other ones :S. I don't have [Indomitable Pride] but i'll have this included since i'll get it one day. You can armory me to see if I should reforge incase i'll have to drop my dodge trinkets. PS: When im fully stacked on dodge I get even amount between dodge and parry, and 97% cap. with Veil proc it's 101% cap, with Wind walk proc it's 99% cap, with both obviously over cap but not even on the dodge-parry. Need some major help with this ASAP. Thankies ~Shiroushi22 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 When does pally pvp start to shine Been doing a bit of PvP on this guy, and I feel really squishy. I know pvp before 85 isn't a good indication of what it's like at 85, but I hate dying so fast. How is it at 85? I've heard pallies are kind of squishy, at least ret, but is it pretty bad? Thanks for any info. I'm really enjoying this guy.Gidion1 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Which trinket?? I was just wondering if vial of lies is worth replacing one of my equipped trinkets with, sorry not sure how to link items, but according to my ctc macro im at 87% ctc atm and i sit around 150k hp i think... when i equip vial of lies i lose 2% ctc value but i jump to 161k hp, basically is the hp gain worth the lost in ctc?? also for anyone not wanting to look it up it has a chance on strike to gain over 1100 dodge rating for X amount of seconds. tyJusturas7 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Open letter to thread necromancers... Dear people who still don't know how forums work, Thread necromancy is the practice of resurrecting threads that area already "dead". A dead thread is one that hasn't been added to in weeks, months, or in some cases even years. Why do people do it? Some do it to troll, since necromancy is seriously annoying. Others feel that they for some reason aren't worthy of making their own thread and decide that bumping an old one is preferable. Still others subscribe to an erroneous idea that they should consolidate talks on a topic in one thread, and do necromancy if they can't easily find a thread on their subject. Why is this bad? It is very rare that the original posters in that thread are still around. You're cluttering up the front page by talking to people who aren't there to respond. Also, it is common that the issues in the thread are outdated or otherwise no longer relevant. What should we do instead? Make your own thread or don't post at all. If you have a valid point concerning a topic, make a thread about it if there isn't already one on the first couple pages. That way, you can actually have relevant discourse concerning the topic. If you need help, make your own thread for it, since a necro'd thread will often get responses concerning previous posts in the thread or simple admonitions of your necromancy rather than actual aid. And if all you have to say is "I agree" or your post is otherwise dependent on building on someone else's old thread, consider not posting it at all. We don't need your stream-of-consciousness ramblings here. Consider getting a Twitter account. Edit 7/19/11: While you're at it, please don't make threads consisting of Walls o' Text. Imagine that this entire post was one big paragraph. Would you have read it? This is a public service announcement brought to you by Madhax, well-endowed and self-appointed paladin forum police. /hairflip.Madhax55 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 does inquisition increase Ret wog healing? Ret not holyZaldrelia2 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Open Libram XXVI: Emancipation Proclamation ...Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4422152379 Open Libram on Pageface: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Sheesh. Last two Librams sexploded before I realized what happened. Anyway, did I do this rite?Jackishi500 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Burden of Guilt as a talent. Hello my fellow Paladin friends i am solely making this thread because i believe (and i am guessing some other paladins do as well) that the new Burden of Guilt talent should not be a talent at all. It is amazing that Blizzard has finally given paladins, mainly ret pallies, a snare. My question is WHY do we have to spend a talent point just to get it? Pretty much every melee class has some sort of snare effect that they get in order to keep them close to their ranges kill target ( if you couldn't tell by now i am mainly speaking about PvP ). For example warriors have hamstring, a rogue can apply crippling poison to one of their weapongs etc, etc. Do not get me wrong, it is LONG overdue that we as paladins get some sort of actual snare and i absolutely LOVE the burden of guilt talent, but as i thought about it more and more i started to wonder why do we have to spend a talent point in order to get this in the first place? It may seem as though i am just QQ'ing to QQ (and possibly i am) but i just think that EVERY paladin should have a snare effect applied to their target when they use Judgement on them. Repentance is such a great talent (i would say equally for PvP and PvE) that it would be a shame to have to pass it up in order to be an effective melee class in PvP, ie. actually bringing a snare. This is just some food for thought and possibly Blizzard already is aware of this, or maybe they are not. I am just trying to reach out to the community to see what other paladins think about this talent. Thanks guys and have a great day / evening! ~FanaticsFanatics9 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Better transmog boots! The set pose for an equipped shield is making me neurotic. I equipped Gurth to show off the rest. Souldrinker/Blackhorn's Bulwark are Quickening Blade of the Prince and Skullflame Shield. The sword I chose because its sheathed model. I need better boots! The boots matching this set have this nasty, green gleam that is entirely unappealing to me. However, the ones I have now are slightly different texture and do not match as well as I would like. I dislike the big bulky boots, but would gladly use one if the color and model fit! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. - Yes, this is the Paladin section. I figured you gold, gleaming pallies may have some ideas.Sjögren5 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Tankadin stat problems So I've been getting more and more into this pally tanking thing and seeing as I've somehow become the main tank for my guild and we're getting into DS I have some questions about stats and reforging and stuff like that. I'm striving to get to the 102.4% ctc cap or whatever however when I get to the reforger I find myself reforging all of my gear simply to get to the 8% hit cap and even then I'm well below the 26 soft expertise cap and my ctc hovers somewhere around 85% My ilvl is 386 or something like that so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what the deal is. I don't feel like I have to have a 400+ ilvl just to be ctc capped, do I? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.Rezas5 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Holy Paladin, H Morchok & You! I have a decent Holy Paladin set and since the RL wants a 4th healer for this fight (10 man)I'm moving from Ret to Holy for it. I read through the stickies and have all the talents, glyphs and gear and gems and all that already. What I'm looking for is a quick what spells to focus on for this fight only. I've run H Morchok a few times as Ret and was the one near Krochem taking the extra damage. I'm assuming as a Holy Paladin I'll have to do that again as a plate wearer and since I have to be in melee for mana? I know to beacon the tank and Holy Shock every time it's off CD for hp I can use for WoG on the tank but what's my main spam heal? What can I expect to need to do on this fight? If I'm the one taking damage I can bubble and HoP myself for two of them and Divine Protection the tank I suppose. I'm just not confident in the rotation so to speak for this specific fight because it seemed like it was more tank healing than raid healing. Any suggestions or comments for me?Sarvan13 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Prot Pally Weapon Enchant When CTC Capped? Just hit the CTC cap and I have Windwalk on my mainhand. I was wondering if there is an enchant that would be more beneficial now that the dodge bonus is somewhat useless. Thanks for any advice guys.Dalendry20 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Soloing Instructor Razuvious as prot. Jeanette0 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 H kiril or reg gurthalek? I never thought I'd have to ask this question but I got h kiril last night since no one needs it and I thought of taking it for transmog but actually ended up testing it on raiding dummies and finding myself pulling about = dps with my reg gurthalek with reg gurthalek pulling about 500 more dps (my kiril isn't enchanted with landslide however). It seems kiril is doing better burst damage during my cd phase as well. Could it be that it'd be better on fights like hagara or spine? It's really sad that gurthalek has fallen so far that weapon damage could beat out 514 str and its proc...Insolence16 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 MoP talent Holy Avenger. Ok i don't know if most people noticed this yet but blizz has dont the most amazing thing ever...... ASHBRINGER BELONGS TO PALADINS. When you use the ability Holy Avenger your wepon become Ashbringer (the look). And for those who dont know what ashbringer is look it up.Unicornslayr2 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Ret Pally macro Ok here is what i have so far #showtooltips /castrandom Judgement, Crusader Strike this actually work and will use what ever is not on cool down now how would i make exo cast when art of war procs?Waydevyne19 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 dps as ret... So as I go into LFG for DS, my dps meter is around 15-17k. Is this about right for a ret with an ilevel at about 384, or should I be doing more damage. I feel that I have gemmed, enchanted, and reforged properly, but I don't think I am putting up as impressive numbers as I have heard. Is this accurate info or am I just wanting higher dps with out better gear?Joshavia35 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 LFR 2-Piece vs. Cata Gear Just trying to figure out if the DPS and Resilience loss from LFR level gear is made up for by the Holy Power. I found a thread a few months old, but it only had a couple responses which made it sound like it's pretty preferential. I just didn't want to necro it. I run with a DK in 2's, occasionally a Warrior and Hunter. In 3's we run Ret/DK/Disc, but sometimes Ret/DK/Warrior, and we're looking into gearing out the Warrior's Hunter to put him in the comp. Thanks for any help.Scirøn6 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Do Rets ever lose to rogues? Ba-jeesus, do rogues wake up everyday and say "How can I be killed extra fast today? Oh I know I'll fight a ret!". Might as well be wearing paper instead of leather because 2 judgments and a TV later, the rogue is nearly dead. I can say with confidence that I've never lost to a rogue of equal skill, gear. Only rogues that'll get me are the full cata ones with legendary daggers and hemo spam :p TL;DR: Rogues seriously do bad against me. They need to fight to the fullest because if a rogue comes at me expecting me to die to him, he's got another thing coming. Poor rogues need to learn to not be so quick on that disarm because, hey if you jump the gun too fast, you'll only have 6 seconds of free time before I unload my fury unto thee! I respect the rogues that kill me, I honestly think that's a challenge in itself. I'd hate to play a rogue and fight of a ret, especially when you're below 4k resil. It's like my sword is a hot knife and the rogue is butter. Just stick it in and twist it until the poor rogue is dead.Watermelynn29 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Ret PVE Talent Clarification EfaE vs SH Hi all, This will be my 8th 85 and I'm still in the process of leveling. I had a question regarding the flex talents in the ret tree. Most of the armorys I have examined as well as the sticky on this forum have chosen to take Eye for an Eye with the 2 additional flex points. I dont understand this talent. It seems to me that most raiding paladins will be taking the glyph of divine protection (think thats the name) to reduce magic damage taken by 40%, which in turn decreases the effectivness of this talent. Am I wrong on this? It seems to me that 2 points in selfless healer would be better spent. My thought is using Selfless Healer how I currently use tricks of the trade on my rogue. I have a focus macro set up to tricks the tank then targetlasttarget to continue dps. It seems to me like using Selfless Healer the same way and WoGGing the tank for a 12% damage increase is better spent than taking Eye for an Eye. I may be way off with this and as you can see im only lvl 72 atm so any insight on this is greatly appriciated. The one prblem i see with using wog for the damage boost is the lack of resources (HP) better spent elsewhere, but even if only used during zealotry or DP procs it still seems like its better. Anyways what do I know...fellow pallys please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.Hammertoes4 May 11, 2012
May 10, 2012 Killing healers in BG So, this morning I ran a Resto Shammy OOM in a BG( we were behind at the oil refinery in Isle of Conquest). Took a while, but I got him. Is there an easier way to kill a healer as Prot? Cause of we hadn't been far away from his allies it would have been a different story.Monkshood4 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 H Specimen Slicer VS H Gurth Any paladins looking at which one is better? I have been testing between the two and honestly my results are inconclusive and google is as well.. Any personal pref with which one? Ive had H Gurth for a while and H Specimen but the proc rate on SPecimen is bad.Verse10 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 What is the paladin slow called? I can't find it in my spell bookPaladinjoe6 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Resilience Diminishing Returns Ok, I'm sure this question is answered in these forums somewhere but I can't locate... I'm just starting to PVP and begining the PVP gearing process. I'm curious what the cap of resilience should be for Prot Pally, and when I should stop chanting/geming resilience for other benificial stats. Certainly not a problem right now since i'm in full 377 gear, but eventually... Also - tips on pvp glyphs would help Thanks!!Marinas2 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 [Retribution] Question about Gems for PvP I haven't really found any useful guides including info for gems(Vanguards at the top doesn't really cover it in great detail, and if anyone knows where to find a +50 Str blue gem, please tell me!). Is it better to gem according to the color of the slot, or is Strength better overall what with the +50 str gems available? I'm not really interested in whether it's better to gem mastery or crit, but rather just should you gem according to the color of the slot. Take Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders as an example. In the yellow gem slot would it be better to place +50 str gem, or +25 Str and +25 Res/Mast/Crit(ending up with +35 Str and +25 Res/Mast/Crit)? Are gems dependent on personal preference? Team Composition in arenas? Any input would be much appreciated.Sinfulhero2 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Xmog help! I was wondering if someone could suggest a good helm and weapon for my xmog set. I would prefer one that doesnt look pally-like. i.e. pally pvp helm. Thanks!Beefyakiniku5 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Summon Exarchs Ellek? So I recently was taught how to summon an Exarchs Ellek from the Blood Watch Paladin Trainer...however I can't find it in my spells/skills book. Where can I find it/how do I summon it?Bïddy2 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 I am starting PvP I am starting PvP and i would like to know what item i should get first with my honor/conquest please tell me all the pieces of gear in order in which i should get them so i could get in the fight in a BG or arena.Muffencakes11 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Rogue......or paladin? Hello :D I am trying to figure out which class I want to level next. I've came down to a rogue vs a paladin. I would go ret as a paladin for sure. Maybe holy for fun. From what I've seen and heard, rogues are tough as nails. How are ret paladins at 85? Is the rotation difficult? Thank you very much. :)Beefsack3 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Should I go Holy or Ret? I am leveling a pally and I was wondering if I should go holy or ret for level 85 arena/RBGs and level 90 arena/RBGs for when MOP comes out. We do arena he is a unholy dk and I am a arms warrior so if you have any suggestions it would help us get our tier 2 weps for this season or next...Jambos4 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 New Crusader's Zeal in next beta build Instead of giving us Flurry, Crusader's Zeal is now a +3% chance to crit for 9 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. Sounds a bit like our old Vengeance talent, though it's a crit increase instead of a flat damage increase. Edit: I just hope our glowy snowball hands are back.Maeltum1 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Tanking HCs ??? I fail the 70% of the HC mode dungeons, why ?, I don't knoun. Every time i go to tank a boss i get killed and healer say "you're so hard to heal -.-" i did every tip on over 4 or 5 guides about pala tanking, y changed my spec 4 times, y reforged my items... can someone tell me what i'm missing? or why i can't do any HC with no fail?Shiropala4 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Cheevos Hello all! I was wondering what would happen to my acheivments if I went from Alliance to Horde, like my questing ones and reputation ones. I would lose the ones that are only faction side correct?Tahngarth1 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 ret pally arena partner whats the best partner i can roll with? rogue?Gànnicus2 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Holadins Im still learning this class, and are we actually capable of killing anyone, at all? PVP wise. May be a stupid question to all of you experienced, but gotta start somewhere.Aztin3 May 10, 2012
May 9, 2012 Block Cap Hello everyone, I am new to the tanking side of things. My main is a disc priest and I am rolling an alt tank to run when im locked out of raids on my priest. From the threads above I have gathered that I need to stack mastery, then even out dodge/parry after the block cap. What is the block cap? I don't quite understand. Edit for spelling4 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Hitting CTC cap - struggling Title says it all I have the tier shoulders to use as well if this can be helped. Im working on rep for my helm enchant and am about to get the 2nd VP ring (Ring of Torn Flesh iirc) but i dont feel these items will be enough to hit the cap. And have the mastery VP trinket. Even when buffed in LFR i cant get there with a potion. I used askmrrobot and reforgelite and these still cant seem to get me there. What am i missing? Should i be swapping some gear around?Photas10 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Assessment of current Ret MoP talents Wowhead has the most up to date MoP calculator, if I understand correctly: http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#lyJE LV 15: The choice is between Long Arm of the Law and Pursuit of Justice (both of which we currently have, though they function differently); Speed of Light's 1 minute cool-down is a deterrent for Ret. Long Arm has a 45% speed boost with 50% uptime, and I'd assume that people will still want a speed enchant on their boots for when they are out of combat or on cd, so call the base speed 108%*1.45=156.6-108=48.6/2=24.3% average speed increase with a boot enchant. Pursuit has a 10% constant boost (meaning we can use a full dps oriented boot enchant) with up to a 30% increase after that scaling 10% per HoPo up to 3 charges. Our new LV 85 ability, Boundless Conviction, allows us to store up to 5 HoPo instead of just 3. Therefore, we will operate with HoPo between 2 and 5 (charge to 5, use TV or DS, still have 2). Therefore, when in combat we can maintain a 30% base movement speed (10% stock + 20% from 2 charges of HoPo), but it will be 40% between 2/3 and 3/4 of the time depending on how long it takes us to charge up 5 HoPo. So, in combat average movement speed = ~37%, 10% all the time out of combat, and we don't need to enchant movement speed to boots. TL;DR: The choice is obvious here: Pursuit of Justice wins because of its higher average movement speed and the lack of a need to enchant speed to boots. LV 30: Fist of Justice improves our stun. I almost never use it in PvE, but when I need it, I still have it like always. Burden of Guilt gives our Judgement a slow. That's not normally needed in PvE since it doesn't work on bosses, and should I need to kite an add, I will be able to use Seal of Justice thanks to its redesign. Therefore, Ret PvE will take Repentance for the CC. We will still have a stun, and we will still be able to kite an add. The options are more open for PvP, but my secondary spec will be Prot, so meh. TL;DR: Repentance is the obvious choice; the other two do not add any PvE utility. LV 45: Eternal Flame is out because it costs up to 3 HoPo, and we use HoPo for damage. Selfless healer gives us an occasional free and instant cast Flash of Light, and since they changed Sacred Shield back to a mana cost instead of HoPo, it's also a viable choice. So we have a choice of 2 things here: a free, instant heal (somewhat like an Enh Sham's Maelstrom Weapon mechanic if you use it for a heal but this only needs 3 charges. vs. 5 and doesn't compete with damage resources) or a mild defensive bubble. TL;DR: First choice so far, though it has nothing to do with our role: free instant heal or a mild bubble. LV 60: Nearly irrelevant. Pick between a weak bubble that only protects against dots, a reduction in defensive cool-downs, or a spell to reset Hand spells with a 5 minute cd. Pick the middle one, but also, meh. LV 75: Divine Purpose is sub-optimal because it's possible to not notice its proc. Consider this: generate HoPo, hit 5, Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike to continue HoPo generation - oh wait, crap, DP proc'd and I still had 5 HoPo, therefore my CS in that gcd was sub-optimal. DPS loss. We have this talent now and that happens to me nearly every time. The other two will be mathed out, but the changes to Holy Avenger - 2 minute CD and basically it does what Zealotry currently does - will probably put it on top. You'll macro it with AvWrath just like we do now, so the potential to use HoW during that time will be minimized - just like now. TL;DR: Math will be done for this tier, and Holy Avenger will probably come out on top as the talents currently stand. LV 90: Light's Hammer is a dot, and I wouldn't choose a dot for my LV 90 ability, because the mob may die or move before the dot is over (16 seconds), meaning I would lose some of its output. Execution Sentence may become a viable option if they invert its operation - currently it increases Holy damage to the target for 10 seconds and then ends with a damage burst. If they made it burst first and then leave the target more vulnerable to Holy damage for 10 seconds afterward, it would be much better. Given the way these two talents operate, Holy Prism is best for Ret. TL;DR: Math may come into play here, but mostly, Holy Prism. So, the way I see Ret right now for a primarily PvE player, we can basically choose a free instant heal or a defensive bubble. Everything else can be min/maxed, or in the case of the LV 60 tier, makes no appreciable difference.Selvaganesh5 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Judgement tier 2 matching cloak? I made a post a very long time ago, that I cannot find, asking what cloak matches the tier 2 judgement set the best....and someone linked a cloak that matched it perfectly....the cloak was highly detailed with lots of designs and I remember it being yellow and black...does anyone know which cloak I am talking about and where to find it?Kaìne6 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Healing 5-mans Ok, so I know the gear on this guy is a little wacky, but this was my first character, and his main spec is Protection. So, when I began playing WoW, I had no clue as to what the stats meant, or what stats should be for any given character. I dusted him off and decided I am going to keep him in his secondary spec, Holy. I know now what he needs, and have updated his gear via the AH a bit, but I will have to continue moving him along to fully fix his gear situation. My question involves the title. I hear many different stories about healing in 5 man instances. Being that I have never healed a 5-man, I need to know what to expect. Will I be able to heal in my current gear, or will I need finish fixing his stats beforehand? Should I expect a difficulty increase/decrease from Tanking or DPSing to Healing? Any help would be much appreciated. :)Johanessburg1 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Quick Question I was wondering in a Raiding spec wouldn't Paragon of Virtue Talent be better then Blessed Life talent since you will not be taking direct dmg I think majority of time? Seems to me it would be alot better imo, but I maybe wrong newer to raiding.Shutup3 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 [Paladin] MoP Suggestions! Hello there mates! Even though I don't have my beta account yet I would like to suggest my plethora of ideas for this wonderful class. I have read lots of threads regarding paladins in the beta especially their lack of something new in their class such as in the utility department etc. Disclaimer: These are only merely suggestions for MoP. I'm not a math wizard or a theorycrafter so all the numbers you'll see here can be tweaked and refined further. I want Paladin to be a fun class in a way it's no longer the dull hybrid plate-bearers of the Light. So here comes my plethora of ideas for the upcoming expansions, The Mists of Pandaria. Paladin Baseline Spells: Holy Light This iconic spell from WC3 should be available to all. Now also deals damage to undead and demon targets. Flash of Light Now also deals damage to undead and demon targets. Crusader Strike Costs 3% of mana Deals 100% weapon damage, grants a holy power and applies Touch by Light for 4 secs. Touch by Light: Applies a HoT on the paladin depending on the damage done by the strike. No HoT will trigger if the spell gets parried, dodged or blocked. Speed of Light Costs 8% of mana Instant cast 2 min cooldown Removes all movement-impairment effects, increases movement speed by 80% and remains unhindered for 4 secs. A glow of light trail follows while you dash forward. This spell should be baseline on my point of view. Repentance Cost 4% of mana / 40 yards range Instant cast 3 min cooldown Incapacitate the target for up to 1 min and afterwards applies Repented for 3 secs. Does not break from damage immediately. Usable on Humanoid, Elemental, Dragonkin, Undead, Demon and Giants. Repented: The target's movement speed is reduced by a tapering 30% slow and receives more holy damage by 3% Hammer of Justice Cost 4% of mana / 25 yards range Instant Cast 40 secs cd Stuns the enemy and applies Justice! for 5 secs. Justice: Your next offensive spell is guaranteed a critical hit. Divine Plea No mana cost 2 mins cd Restores mana over 6 secs depending on holy power. Does not consume holy power. 1 holy power: 4% mana 2 holy power: 8% mana 3 holy power: 12% mana P.S. Also no longer reduces healing effects. Blessing of Might Same effect but with added bonuses; now also increases resilience and armor by 5%. BoK for PVE and BoM for PvP. Just for something new. Righteous Fury Same threat generation but with different effects depending on the specialization: Holy: Increases healing spells done by 3% Prot: Reduces damage taken by 3% Ret: Increases damage done by 3% P.S. Well these added bonuses are meant for PvP. Turn Evil Same mana cost and range 6 secs cooldown Instant cast Fears undead or demon target for X secs and after getting feared applies Light Bane for 4 secs. Light Bane: Reduces movement speed and attack speed by 30% for 4 secs. Lay on Hands 10 min cd 40 yards range Grants health maximum of the caster's maximum health and restores 10% mana to the target. Half of the mana restored to the target is restored to the caster as well. Cause Forbearance. Hand of Salvation Immediately removes all threat gained and reduce damage taken by 20% for 6 secs. Hand of Sacrifice Rename to Hand of Martyrdom and also grants the caster 4% of mana depending on the damage taken by the target. (This would not exceed 100% damage taken by the target) Hand of Protection Removes bleed effects as well. Needs better animation? Hand of Freedom Now also removes stuns and daze effects. Hand of Purity 2 min cd Converts all damage over time effects into healing for the next 8 secs. Hand of Vigilance Polar opposite to HoP. Renders magical attacks useless and removes all magical debuffs effects. Cause Forbearance as well.Lâg4 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 A what to play question for a returning playe So i just came back to wow and i`m doing the free 80 off the scroll of resurrection. I`ve played warlocks, mages in the past and I really want to play a melee. This post will be going into a few different forums so excuse me if you have read this twice or three times. I was never big into PVE when I use to play but now that i`m done with college, married... and i`m broke...... i`m looking at wanting to play both pvp/pve. My choices so far are DK,Pally,warrior or shaman. I Like being stable at pvp but I also want to do tanking or healing in pve/pvp. Although DPS is always fun.. Pally seems to bebale to do all three but both the buddies I play with are also pallies and my wife is a druid. How are dks at pvp/pve? What about the shaman.. Are warriors really that bad... I use to get LOLRolled with my lock by them. We will be doing a lot of heroics raids and bgs so I dunoo if having 3 pallies diffrent specs will be bad or good.Please give me some insider info due to not being in the game for like a year.. Thanks.Heartblock0 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 DS boss bubble/taunt immune? Quick question. Are DS bosses immune to bubble/taunting? We had an enraged blackhorn and this combo didn't work to distract him for a few seconds. So do they ignore it all together or just when they're enraged?Abide7 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Pala Tank question? Is my current talents ok for Normal / HC Dungeons ? Are my Glyphs ok? Which seal should i use to tank?Shiropala5 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Stats For a holy pally im working to 85 through dungeons and such, what stats am I mainly looking for here?Aztin3 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 New Glyph idea What do you think of this idea? Glyph of the Ancient Crusader - Your divine storm is now castable without holy power but you no longer generate holy power. Crusader strike and Divine Storm also have a 30% chance to proc a free word of glory worth 3 holy power.Shadostab2 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 If Lobster and Vanguards were to face off... ...who would win?Aevrille52 May 9, 2012