Paladin

Feb 26, 2012 Avenger's Shield missing? I know prot pallys have a 8% spell hit just for being prot...so why is my avengers shield missing in heroics? Since the spell hit cap for heroics is only 6%. Is it a bug? or is it something else?Razinfrazin5 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 PVP Holy Paladins, I need your help Yo, I'm converting my 85 prot to holy, and I need your help. I havent healed on my pally since early wrath, and I have no idea what to do. My questions: What spec should I use? What glyphs should I use? What are stat priorities for pvp? What heals should I use most/least? What are some tips that will help me out? What heals should I spam to keep people up, and which should I use when damage is minimal? Also, should I just use the sticky holy guide for pve? Or is that worthless for pvp? Thanks for your helpZadax13 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Holy Paladin PvE Gear First of all, I have to say that Im more a PvP player than a PvE but I really wanna start playing some heroics and raids ocasionally. I know Im gonna need a decent PvE gear for that and I could use some help. Whats the best way to build a PvE set? Places to go? Quests? Farming justice? Any raids viable on PvP gear?Hardrock2 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Holy VP Trinket Which one should I be purchasing? I am guessing the Haste one but do I have enough spirit in which case go reflection of light? or should I spend my VP on something different completley Long time since I have really played pally and spirit is new to pallies since I last healed at level cap :)Taculan4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 [Suggestion] For Pally Retribution Hi all, well I'm paladin retribution game for a long time, and I like to belong to this class. However in the course of time see that she was very nerf compared to other classes. I see that hardly a Ret Spec is among the Top of Arenas or the conditions to get it, much less a nice level to tackle the PVP-World. Compared with all the melee he is the weakest My suggestion would be to create a new melee spell, because we lack another spell that increases our holy power. Something like "Crusade Strike" but without going into cooldown with it And I wonder if there is any possibility at some patch the retri again be something more normal, which can meet all classes as equals. I'm sorry if I have some mistakes in my way of talking Ty for you patienceNarneron25 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 I was a dwarf but now..... I am a Blood Elf! I left my old realm because it was dead PvE and PvP wise and was completely unbalance with Alliance being like 70-70% of it. I am liking azgalor and I have found a cool guild here where I have this toon and a Forsaken DK I have been playing for the last week or so. I am no longer a cross eyed drunkard! However, I have been losing my toon in BG's lol. I always look for the only dwarf paladin until I realize "oh yeah I'm that tall chick over there."Gibreel29 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Holy pally PvP Gems Im getting my pvp gear now and i was just wondering what gems are good for pvp holy specGrinzlol4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Heroic Morchok 10-Man (Solo Healing Group) One question that I wanted to ask. When would it be a good time to pop CD? I am usually popping DF after the second stomp and soon after AW on the 3rd stomp.. At the near end I am usually struggling when those stomp keeps coming out quickly. I guess our first kill when I solo healed a group I got lucky but since, my DF or AW isn't up yet at the time the stomps keep coming faster. I must be doing something wrong.. I am mainly healing with DL and HR once, we are stacked for crystals and LoD then after that just spamming DL ThanksDjsushi0 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 critique please Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated. Gear, talents, glyphs, etc.Davishton3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Paladin's(holy) in MoP[2 questions] Hi there! i'm an old player starting new again and i dont know a whole lot about MoP but i've read all the talents and skills etc on the talent tree for MoP, what i would really like to know is: Are holy paladin's receiving a nerf, buff or will they be the same as now? also, what do you think will be the most efficient and best talent choices? So far i'm thinking: Persuit of Justice Burden of Guilt Sacred shield or Eternal flame(can't decide) Unbreakable Spirit Sanctified Wrath and the last one i can't decide on i love all 3 of them, so i'd really appreciate opinions and help because i do plan to lvl to 85 get really well geared(i have raided firelands as 85 holy paladin) and i just some help for when MoP is out :) TLDR; are holy paladin's receiving a nerf, buff or will they be the same? also can you help with what i will choose for talents in MoP.(thankyou)Rurikhan4 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 just came back help with holy hello i just came back to my pally and am trying to OS holy there where a few things i was wondering about seance i haven't played him seance wrath. one is Holy light this use to be a main spell back then and now it just seems like crap to me it heals for next to nothing and cost a lot of mana should i even have it on my action bar or am i doing it wrong and need better gear another thing is i see that with holy you have a lot of choices rather u want to go mastery haste crit and its more or less up to you and your play style (or what i have seen many ppl say) this brings me to Holy radiance i like this spell what woudl be the best way to maxamise this? i woudl like to be able to spam it so i can keep BIG F**KING NUMBERS flying across my screen to keep my A,D,D in check .Iniedorin8 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Out of the Loop. Just started playing again and was interested in healing, How are holy pallys looking for pvE?Baxsh0 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 DK or Warrior or Lock? new holy paladin here, still in the process of gearing up. but have a quick question. which class should i team up with 2s wise to get my feet wet in arenas on this paladin? i'm not new to arena or anything, but def new on this class. what do you guys recommend to team up with? one of the ones i mention in the title work?Ezo5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 CLC Ret and T13 2 piece I got the shoulders from LFR the other day, and have had the gloves for awhile now. I use CLC ret to watch my rotation, and just use the normal priority system which has given me good DPS numbers for my gear. If I grab the T13 2 piece should I be changing the rotation? I would guess I should put it right behind CS, but unsure. Thanks.Bubblenrun5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 4.2 Judgment hey guys, i want to know why in 4.2 judgment give you mana back and now it's 4.3 and it do not give backTigerhorde5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Hand of reckoing +Clique Looking for a Macro to turn into a button click via Clique. ex: Set it to my left mouse button so when I click the icon of party member who has aggro, it casts Hand of Reckoning on the mob that is targeting him. Yes I have used search, and the macro I have found in the search does not work. Thank you for your time.Mordichi8 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Ret is NOT the problem in trip dps teams People haven't noticed that t he real problem is ROGUES. Ret/Rogue/DK Ret/Rogue/Hunter Ret/Rogue/X People seem to think Ret healing is op? LOL not even close, sure they will give them 10-20 more secs of life, but ultimately its a Rogue Smoke Bomb that crushes healers. The healer has to run in to stop it, but once he gets in BAM CC CC CC SMOKE SMOKE SMOKEBranen6 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Ret PvP, inquisition, should I use it? Hello fellow paladins, I would like to know if it's worth it to keep inqusition up as much as possible, or only in burst. If it helps, I am reforged to crit, and in last word spec. And if you're just going to say it's preference, at least tell me what you chose to do. Thank you.Anaik13 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Lovin the Holy Pally. Seriously, been playing this game on and off for years, but I've never been able to stick with it. I've been through every class out there, could never really get into one. I thought back when they released the DK, I had found a class I genuinely enjoyed. Had a blast with corpse explosion and the unholy spec. Won't argue they were overpowered, but I thoroughly enjoyed the mechanics behind it, and corpse explosion. After they removed corpse explosion however (i r like mah corpse explosion), among other abilities, I lost interest. And until now, I've been on and off, checking in once in a while to check how things are progressing. Finally decided to try Holy, and.... omg. I love it. I can single handedly keep everyone around me in BGs alive. Throw me another healer, competent or not, and no one is going to die, period. I finally found my class, my little niche, and I can see now how people can get addicted to this game. TLDR; Just me spewing my unhealthy obsession with the Holy Paladin.Warthelas9 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Is my gear good enough for Heroic Ragnaros/DS I know many people are going to say "Gear =/= Skill" but I know for a fact I have the skill for the fight. So let's leave that part out. My question is, is my gear good enough to pug a Heroic Ragnaros run or a Heroic Dragon Soul run up to any given boss? I want to know whether or not I'm ready to get into the more difficult heroic raiding in terms of requirements.Hougaku4 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Why are paladins heals so slow? This is for blizzard. Compared to death knights, paladins are completely slow. They should have instant heals to even compete against a death knight. Also, why don't they have a decent pet to compete against other classes? Death knights have zombies and necromansers demons. Paladins don't have anything comparable. Exorcism doesnot have any benefit.Mauldoom21 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Is Longwriter still around? I kinda miss him. I offered to animate his videos once.Cornu4 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Next VP Purchase? Hey Rets :) Firstly ignore the empty sockets & missing enchants & lack of reforging, will start working on that as soon as I get some gold. (MS is Protection) I have 1650 VP what should be my next Ret purchase? I read the stat priority: Hit to cap (8.00%) > Expertise to cap (16 + GoSoT) > Mastery > Crit > Haste Should I get something with Mastery & Crit? Then again my hit isn't 8% yet, so something with hit? Thanks.Icytitan7 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Could you imagine... Could you imagine getting your face plowed by a 2 handed mace??? Like full on??? Thus the reason I roll retadin. But seriously, think of that next time you !@#$% about stubbing a toe or falling down stairs... you could have a 2 handed mace full fledged to yo face!Overius7 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Censure in Mists of Pandaria I'm trying to figure out whether I want to switch to ret in MoP. Am I correct in believing that, on live, censure procs from judgements but that, in MoP, rets will have to damage their targets in melee to build up censure stacks? If so, this nerf appears to be balanced out by the "Execution Sentence" ability, which is a 40-yard range DOT on a 1 min cd. I guess they figured having both ranged censure and Execution Sentence would be too much ranged DOT damage for a melee class. So anyway, is this actually how censure will work in MoP? The seal of truth tooltip would appear to suggest so- on live it refers to "single target attacks" procing it but in MoP it talks about "melee" attacks.Aureliel1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Ret Paladin pvp video Hey sup peeps, its been awhile since I last posted in the pally forums. Im an old vanilla ret pally, I dont have any title to prove this, I began late vanilla and couldn't grind my way to grand marshal like others have. But i went through the lolret fiasco, I was one of 3 alliance ret pallies in my server during BC, got ridiculed, kicked from groups, because the ret wasn't "Viable" but none the less I tried to make it work. Because I enjoyed the idea of a warrior of light casting spells and weidling a two handed sword. 3.0 Came and Ret was finally "viable" and became the most overpowered, blow people up in a single GCD in a matter of seconds, playstyle. However, something drove me away from the spec, so I tried out prot for the first time and tanked heroics, while sometimes I did play as ret during wrath, I found myself doing pve more than pvp. cataclysm was more of the same, after the overhaul, I just couldn't seem to get the hang of the new battle system. But I did have some fun moments. After 4.3 came out with the new transmog, I found the opportunity to once again weild my lionheart executioneer and after massive hours of grinding to get pvp gear, I decided to make one final video :) The following Video, I made as a tribute to ret pallies. I created a storyline to which I hope you guys enjoy. Light on brothers. http://youtu.be/co8ukYr5v1EJunemarquis6 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Glyph of "word of glory" Can someone please explain to me the actual effect of this glyph? It says it does 50% normal of what it does "up front" but provides an "additional" 50% healing over time in 6 seconds... So correct me if i'm wrong, does that mean.... I NORMALLY would heal for 1000. Instead i heal for 500 (burst heal), but heal for 1000 over 6 seconds? Is this right?Zekolien21 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Paladins Are Great, But.. I think I've finally grown bored of the class. Played Holy. Enjoyed it, yet disliked how long it took to kill things while questing and I LOVE questing. Played Protection. Enjoyed that as well, but had the same problem with Holy when it came to the speed in which I defeated NPC's while out and about. Played Retribution. Absolutely loved it until around the time Holy Power was introduced into the game. Ever since then I've been kind of struggling with it and trying to adjust with great difficulty. The frustration caused me to re-roll a few times seeing as how my favorite spec felt pathetically weak and not even on par with other equally geared players at the time. I still love the spec because of how lore-friendly it is to the Paladin class weapon-wise and how many of the late-great Crusaders used two-handed weaponry. So my problem I guess is, I absolutely adore the class.. Yet I just can't seem to get that feeling of immersion anymore out of it. Was considering another re-roll, but I fear I'll end up wasting more of my free-time by ending up deleting the alt I'd been working on out of boredom with IT. Has anyone else ever faced this kind of frustration? Any friendly suggestions if so? Jax12 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Rank 1's Any good Rank 1 ret's out there?Greenrebel3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 what upgrade should i get next. question i recently got the relic and i have enough for a second item. i can get the cloak last since i have the 5 man one. what u guys recommend ring? or neck?. Ty for the help.Arkellian1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Help a New PvPally out just lvld this alt to 85, trying to get into Holy PvP. any tricks/gear suggestions to help get my feet wet?Worgën5 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Holy shock and Hpower Anyone else sometimes have a holy shock not grant its H. power when used to heal, seem slike it happens to me 2-3 times a run.Taigos6 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 I want a permanent Angel Pet! ^Alnair3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Help me, I'm holy! Hahahaha... Nirvana reference... Anyways, so I've been wondering if holy pally is easy to pick up and kind of a quick learning curve to heal with them in bgs. Right now, I'm just ret pvping, but I hate coming into bgs and being short handed on healers by usually 2-3. I used to heal as a resto druid back in wrath and I played holydin a little in wrath too, but alas, that was wrath. So if anyone has tips besides just the spec, I'd greatly appreciate it! :DOverius1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Retribution Armor Specs. I am new to Pallies and just need to know as a Ret pally what are the specs on armor that I need. I was in Black Rock Depth and I was in a group with a Proc Pally and she got angry with me because I needed on a str/stam ring. Just need advice.Caralty3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Good Ally PvP server that's EST? Pretty much what the title says, I'm looking for a good PVP server that's on the East-coast which is Ally heavy. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Everyone knows how Illidan is Horde heavy, server out there that's like that but for Ally? thank youuu.Ezo3 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Holy Shield kinda sucks now... I don't even have it on my bar. What gives? The old holy shield used to be awesome, it felt so paladin-like for some reason. Now I'm forced to take this watered-down talent so I can 1-shot people with sacred duty procs. Is it even used at 85?Yaequilaetis12 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Mr. Robot Okay so I know that Mr. Robot should never be taken too seriously. I actually haven't even been to the site in a really long time but I just got Vagaries of Time in Dragon Soul and wanted to see what my current "optimization" was at. When I looked up my character, I noticed that Reflection of the Light was a best in slot trinket for me, which made me wonder if Mr. Robot only rates item based on item level or if it is completely wrong because everything I have heard about that trinket is that it is horrible for Holy Paladins, especially because I rarely ever have mana issues, and trading Intellect for Spirit does not seem like a good idea. Please let me know what you think of this.Hölý1 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Why take Sanctity of Battle? I am relatively new to Ret as well as raiding, but I was wondering if you are pretty much always using 2 fillers in between CS, why take Sanctity of Battle? Is it because your GCD on your "spell" casts are slightly lower than your GCD on melee abilities due to unintentional haste effects? Right now I think my CS cd sits at 4.2 seconds. (pretty sure anyway) I am sure this has been discussed but I am a lazy Pally.Wrayne11 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Importance of inquisition(ret pvp) Hey guys, I'm a holy pally looking to go Ret for the first time for arena playing. I'm wondering how important of a spell inquisition is ad how high priority it should be to keep it up? I mean 30% extra holy damage sounds quite significant but is it a pain wasting all that holy power for it over and over throughout your fights? I looked in vanguards guide and nothing is mentioned of this spell. When and how do you ret pvp pros use this spell?Stinkdink2 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Should I be using Fire of the Deep? So here's my situation: I held off on FotD because I was already at the CTC cap, and figured it would be a waste of time. I know that Soulshifter Vortex isn't all that spectacular, but we've never had Indomitable Pride drop, ever. So the plan WOULD be to use Indomitable Pride and Resolve of Undying. But, should I actually be using Resolve and FotD, or something like that? If so why? Why not? A little confused here. TIA.Saul3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Mirror of Broken Images and Heroic Warmaster /hairflip Mirror of Broken Images I wanted to get the opinion of other Holy Pali's that have completed this fight and possibly used this trinket. As is I have been replacing my 391 Jaws with it to help mitigate some of the damage from barrages. Reason is, as we are progressing on the fight still, I tend to solo soak barrages pretty often because of dps being out of place for various reasons. I have been able to solo with just Glyphed Divine Protection, and also using this trinket gives enough resist to soak another in case DP is on CD. I am just not sure that it's really all that effective and want to know if anyone else can weigh in. ps - logged in my dps OS but that shouldn't really matter.. I'm 399 ilvl and the other trink I use is Heart of UnlivingGlorÿ2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Rate above Paladins transmorg gear ! ^ 10/10 oh wait no one is above me...Kyba500 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Arena and Random BG gear I've just started running arenas and random battle grounds with my friend and I'm wondering which PvP pieces i should buy first in order to be more competative. I've a few HP away from getting my pvp weapon and shield and i need another trinket but I'm not sure which one to get.. Any advance is welcome =) Thanks in advance, Foreman.Foreman3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 need a 2hand sword xmog Need a 2hand sword xmog to match my gear. Any suggestions? Or am i dumbed to be a scrub with the one i currently have?Mwch9 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Holy PVP Question http://www.wowhead.com/item=73566/cataclysmic-gladiators-clasp-of-cruelty http://www.wowhead.com/item=73565/cataclysmic-gladiators-clasp-of-meditation So there are various pieces like Necks Gloves Boots and the like of Meditation or Cruelty that usually go Spirit or Crit. What general guidance based on what I already have for my PVP set would I be looking for in those? Is Spirit better to keep me from OOMing or should I prefer crit so that my heals have a better chance of being big? Is there a general rule of thumb in balancing the two? Thanks Ahndariel5 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Ret pally in Arena's. Im looking to roll a Ret Pally, but first I want to make sure I wont be disappointed. So my questions are, are rets hard to play? What are some decent 2s/3s comps. Im an average pvper, I wanted to pull out a 2k+ rating, will I be able to achieve this on a ret pally? What is your honest opinion on the power of a ret compared to the rest of the classes? Im not to fond of my mage anymore, and ret pally has really caught my eye. Ive researched it a lot and just want some reassurance its not completely terrible and its not extremely hard to play.Magéyoulook2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Prot OOM issues I realize sanctuary affects dodge and block (not parry) per mana gain, so it's raising questions for me. Long ago...I hit CTC and started taking mastery off to raise my pure avoidance. I'm currently around 20% dodge with trink stacked and 20% parry, 57% block, and I use dodge food in raids (offsetting any DR occurances while my trink stacks may not be up), 192k hp with only kings. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to stack pure avoidance and hit an oom point. I'm seriously considering dropping my parry to about 15% and perhaps my dodge to 18% (raising block to CTC and offsetting any remaining stat points with stam) just to keep from ooming. Does this seem adviseable? Or are there perhaps any other recommendations? I'm not seeing much other than "Stack mast til CTC then stam" which seems insane. I did that around the 15% D/P mark and still felt like I got hit too often.Pogzor27 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Ret Trinket Question Just wondering which trinket would be better Creche of the Final Dragon or Apparatus of Khaz'goroth Just got a creche today but would Heroic apparatus which I replaced beat out the Creche of the final dragon, since you can always use it with Avenging Wrath?Zumia2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Does ret pally pvp smooth out at 85 What i mean by this is a single miss/dodge/parry of crusader strike means that unless judgement is up all i can do is autoattack for the next 3 seconds as well as not having that holy power. Vs healers how does ret do without a snare/healing debuff? I'm coming from a Unholy Dk which seems to have a exact opposite style of play where i always have a attack to perform and plenty of ways to counter healers and keep them from running.Göttlichkuh3 Feb 23, 2012