Paladin

Aug 29, 2012 Holy Power Not Generating? Anyone else notice hp generating attacks not always generating hp on training dummies? I thought perhaps I was missing my attacks but it happens too often for that and didn't seem to change when I was attacking it from behind (no jokes please!). I wonder if it's just the nug combo meter messing up or if we just miss more attacks now?Sarvan3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Sanctified Wrath not working for prot? I have tried using judgement with both Sanctified Wrath and Holy Avenger, and the cooldown of judgement seems to stay at 6 seconds regardless of which talent I use. Shouldn't Sanctified wrath reduce the CD of Judgement passively? Or am I missing something here? Thanks.Greenpaladin2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 my damage seems low? well duh haste is number 1 stat priority, the BiS pieces doesnt really give us haste. if you go look at all the BiS MoP gear for a ret the haste numbers are out of control.... be patient my fellow retsSopro0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 My first Paladin So iv decided to make a melee class and i really like the looks of the ret pally. Its hard to get some info so much hate flying around on these forums lol. Id just like to know what key abilities i should be looking at putting on hotbar and priority (please no abreviations dont know em all yet lol) what kinda gear i should look for aka order of stats and such. Hey ret pally may suck or it may be badass i dont care,i play whats fun not whats the best. IMO thats how u should play lol,but eh thats just me. Thanks for any info u post =).Scraxton2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Paladin or DK I've been a paladin since Vanilla. I love the class. However, lately, I've been tired of the nerfs and just tooling with the class way too much than norm. You never feel equal with another class as a paladin anymore since we are being mess with so much. I want to switch mains, but my heart is with the paladin class...I can't seem to. Is there a reason to stay paladin?Yohan1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Holy Avenger Talent Not Working Properly This talent does not seem to be working right. Unless I miss read what it does but for 18 secs when you use an ability that consumes holy power it does 30% more damage healing and generates 3 holy power right? Well when used it doesn't generate the three holy power it just does the increase in damage/healing and then it does nothing. Did i misunderstand how this talent work or is there a know bug?Kryesta3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Harsh words Scaling Was playing around with glyph of harsh words at 3hp and it seems to me that it isn't working as intended. If someone knows what is causing the issue please let me know Glyph of Harsh Words Quote "Your Word of Glory can now also be used on enemy targets, causing Holy damage approximately equal to the amount it would have healed" Word of glory used on lvl 80 target dummy with Inq active Your Harsh Word hit Training Dummy 1 Holy. (29156 Overkill) Your Harsh Word hit Training Dummy 1 Holy. (60359 Overkill) (Critical) Word of Glory Used on self with Inq active Your Word of Glory healed You 0 Holy. (36321 Overhealed) Your Word of Glory healed You 0 Holy. (77190 Overhealed) (Critical) Fair big diffence then being "Equal"Empulsive12 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Issue with having no Consecration ... How the hell do we bring steathies out of steath now ? Even Divine Storm requires 3 holy power, so thats no good anymore either. Start an arena match, doors open, its 2 rogues ... no way to break stealth, your team suffers, unless i have missed something, this sucks huge. My only complaint thus far.Kinson4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is denounce... Supposed to be this strong? I mean it feels strong....like....really strong 14k a second, 35k crits....no CD and hardly any mana cost I smell an oversight....Zavala7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Templar's Verdict Is there a new sound associated with this ability? I keep hearing a bell ring everytime I use it as if someone was casting lust/timewarp. It is incredibly annoying. Has anyone else noticed this?Howdoing7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Paladin Revamp Suggestions. Feel free to like, hate and/or tell me off. I just like playing around with ideas that seem fun. You guys can suggest changes, lets make this interactive. 2h healer maces get created for druids, paladins, etc. Prot- Doesn't change much. Can cast divine shield on self or others. While divine shield is on somebody else the damage you take is reduced by 10% until the shield wears off or is dispelled. Every time they fully mitigate damage the the amount of damage they would have received is divided by 25 and the whole raid is healed for that amount.(or something along these lines) Retribution- can dual wield or use 2h like frost dks. (Buffed/Nerfed accordingly to make it work) Loses Divine Shield Loses Holy Light Loses Divine Light Gains extra damage reduction buff. Remove inquisition and buff holy damage done by 25% Remove divine storm When enemy has 5 stacks of censure every hit makes them explode splash damage on all enemies within 15yrds for 50% of the damage inflicted on them. When the enemy has 5 stacks of censure your party gets healed for 1% of their health whenever the enemy is damaged by the paladin. (cant happen more than once every 3 seconds) Holy- Gets back Devotion Aura.(holy only) Uses 2h maces and offhand. Can't use shields Can cast divine shield on self or others. When you cast divine shield on others you also heal them for 20% of their hp.Desidarius70 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 5.0 Ret few questions 3 things i would like to confirm: our roataion after 3 hp inq: is 5 hp tv then 3 hp tv correct? after this is it 5 hp TV again or just constantly 3s? what trinket to use now in 5.0 to max deeps? creche or bone link? or even vp? and if im specced into holy avenger I only use it with AW right? so every 3 minutes?Pallymcfly3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Patch of fail SO um where is my holy shield and aoe taunt. I'll re-subscribe when less lame changes are made.Lewus8 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 [BUG] Word of Glory (Holy) On the Mists of Pandaria beta realm, Word of Glory was returning 1 holy power after being casted with 3 holy power, or consuming a Divine Purpose buff. It's currently not working this way during the 5.0 patch.Athlete12 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Glyph of Mass Exorcism, 5.0.4 Is this in game yet? I had all of the pally glyphs but can't find this anywhere.Riraa3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Paladin: Where do I go from here? Hello Everyone, I'm not new to the class, but I am relatively new to retribution since I was a protection pally from the start and became retribution in Cataclysm because I decided tanking was far too confusing for me. I liked retribution, it was fun. Now I haven't the slightest clue as what to do in this game anymore. I'm not very social in the game, so I don't really know all the spell abbreviations (like CD; personally I thought that meant compact disk) and I can guess that WoG is Word of Glory (correct me if I'm wrong). But, I'm not entirely sure what everyone means by "we [retribution paladins] have gained more mobility." What do you mean by "mobility"? I know the word means the ability to move, but I don't understand how that applies to casting spells in a game. This game has changed so much that I don't even know how to play it anymore. I don't do dungeons or battlegrounds, I only ever played this game because I liked the story line. I could care less about guilds and all that, but with all these new changes, I don't know what to do. I don't know how my spec works, or any other paladin spec for that matter. I used to, but then Blizzard changed everything beyond my recognition. So, the bottom line: knowing this, where do I go from here? Oh, and on a side note, if you think I'm stupid because I don't know how fictitious spells work in a fictitious game, then please don't bother posting: I'm here for guidance not ridicule. Kind Regards, GuywinGuywin1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Hand of Freedom: WORST ABILITY EVER Maybe you should change the tooltip to say "Frees you from one, very specific, movement impairment effect that will never be used on you."Valarious7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret Healing is absolutely Obnoxious. damage damage, oh getting in trouble... heal heal -- full.. damage damage damage.. you're dead. RET HEALING IS OUT OF CONTROL!!! So absolutely ridiculous.Torrdogface5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 1 Button wonder now? So I was tanking and it seems that with a simple macro we can play this class very effectively. I was thinking something along these lines. /cast crusader strike /cast judgement /cast shield of righteousness Thoughts?Ajd4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New burn down macro? In Cata my Burn Down Macro was: AW, Zealotry, INQ and Trinket. With new abilities like Hammer of Righteousness and Holy Avenger how will your burn down macro change?Agincourt1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Someone wanna tell me... What I'm doing here? I'm so lost and confused; I joined a BG, and I'm getting killed in two hits by a frost mage and I'm way squishier than I used to be. On top of that, I'm not entirely sure if I'm just not using the right abilities. <_<Aelamdor2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 LF Pro Pally Help I am a Ret Paladin only so I can get to 85 before the 28th, hence "quickly." There I have a full 377 Holy Pally PvP set, down to the last ring, only a weapon to grind. I have never rolled a non-dps character, the 6 years I've been playing. I'm counting on the 377 to allow me to faceroll healing in early Cata Heroics and Non-Heroics so I can obtain currency for a legitimate PvE set. Healing at this level is herding cats, by the way. I'm the designated peeler, a habit from all my PvP. Which is another thing, I have never tried to do much PvE until this character. I want to raid, I want to be good, I want to be a Battle-Cleric at endgame. For now, I'm Ret. Until now, I had my gameplay nailed flat. At 68, I take down multiple level 73's and maintain a 80% health bar as they lie dead at my feet, and as I mentioned, I stay aware of my parties needs in instances. This Patch has left me lost. No idea what might be a normal tank & spank rotation as they exist with our new playbook. I specc'd the best I could figure. I hate that overused term "rotation," but in straight up PvE content, my action bar is a mess! HoPo changes, etc, I'm lost like a 7 year old! No way I'm giving up, but can someone get me started at least, some "pro" input? I am much obliged, Skoomwulf / HellclownSkoomawulf0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 A Farewell to Auras... The coming patch will bring many new game mechanics...and remove many as well. One of these being paladin auras. A major part of our class, we will no longer retain our ability to bolster our allies through our devotion to the Light. Each and every aura shall be missed dearly forever. Farewell Devotion Aura, providing us with the armor to take crushing blows. Farewell Concentration Aura, allowing casters to do what they do best with minimal interruption. Farewell Resistance Aura, protecting us from the elements. Farewell Retribution Aura, for which purpose you only serve if there are more than three paladins. Farewell Crusader Aura...that one useless aura that we are begged to switch to resistance. Let us have a moment of silence for these treasured features of the paladin class.Anatolia37 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 pally mogging hello i am currently looking for some gear to go with some sets ill be getting. First im looking for a shield, cape, and a 1h sword to go with t6, lightbringer. secondly im looking for some gear to go with t5, crystalforge gear. i have a cape and shield but i need weapons and the other non set pieces like boots and such plz any suggestions are apreciated. P.S. if anyone has a link to the mop armour sets it be great both pve and pvpAnduron11 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 WTB a filler. (RET) Am I missing something? Or do we just stand there and wait for things to come off CD? Seems as though haste might be viable for us again if this is the case.Kastara5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Where to go with my Pally? It seems like its been years since i have touched my Pally. Currently 85, I used to tank as primary and was working on my dps set. These days what changes have been made, and where do they leave the Pally? Would i benefit a group more as DPS or a Tank? Any links to rotation and such would be appreciated, though I will be doing my own searching on that as well. Thanks all.Crittorus0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Holy Paladin Damage So i just dueled a couple holy paladins, and got absolutely destroyed. Multiple 37k crits from the paladin and just spamming denounce was doing 10k hits back to back. Now except for my weapon i have full cataclysmic gear and am curious how this is happening? I don't know how they do against other classes, but if this is how holy paladins are now, then the next month in pvp against holy paladins is going to be far more abysmal than it already is.Suds4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 How are you liking Holy? Holy Shock feels like something I can rely on, instead of the tiny lottery ticket I hit hoping for a crit for a larger heal that will actually save someone's life. The class feels a lot more fluid and predictable (in a good way), and I'm liking the changes. Though, I may not be as geared on this toon as my resto druid, but my resto druid is healing for way, waaaaaaaaaaaay more. I'm not sure if numbers are still going to be adjusted, or if I'm still not used to the changes entirely.Lowrey0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Is this right? Prot I'm reforging Parry to Hit and soft cap Expertise. Am I doing it wrong? Also, should I replace Fractured Amberjewels with Puissant?Zizadin1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 why did my defensive stats change? Just got on and found out my parry was at 27% but my dodge went down to 14% and block went down to 40% why did this happen? Also how much of each stat should i want?Frostyrecks7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret Hit Cap Bug? Is the Ret hit cap now 10%, or is spell hit not scaling correctly with melee hit? I have a 9.5% melee hit chance, and only 14.5% spell hit so my Exo's and WoG's are missing. Is this intended or a bug?Ozaî6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 CLCRet problems Since I downloaded the patch CLCRet no longer shows up on my character. I have checked "load outdated add-ons" but that doesnt help.Agincourt3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret pvp 5.0 Mastery Crit or Haste??????Beregønd2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Protection spec pvp? I was wondering now that WoG doesnt have its cooldown, and we get the judgement buff. Is Protection Specc good for pvp again?Malkiah5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Stat Priority Whats the stat priority for Ret Pallys in 5.0.4? QQZpx0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 CLCret 5.0 string? Anyone know what the new string is for clcret? I know the basic rotation, but I find it a lot easier to have something to look at center screen.Darthelmet2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ret PVP 5.0 is terrible.. Seems ridiculous.. Insane heals and no damage.. I shadow word pain from a priest took me to 50%.. I have 66.14% resil..Decisionz6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Change your Judgment macros With the change in spelling, they no longer work if spelled "judgement." Took me forever to figure out what was going on.Carmy1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 uh oh! Looks like the warlocks observer pet can steal divine shield. No more bubble boy for you silly holy rollers.Dochaelian10 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Shockadins are back? I know it's 85, and have no idea what it's like at 90. Mostly likely this will be nerfed, but my holy shocks are now healing for 30k, my holy lights heal for 19k, divine light for 39k. This is ruthless / raid finder gear. I just popped avenging wrath and holy shocked a frost mage with full cata down to about 30k in 8seconds or so. What is going on?Mythical3 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Prot pally pvp Do you think prot pallys are any good in rbgs in this new expan or will they always be lacking?Ibden0 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Inscription or Blacksmithing in MoP Hey guys! Looking forward to MoP, what's looking better?Montecristo9 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Pick My Race! I want to start a paladin but I am having trouble deciding which race to choose. I am going to play Alliance. Should I play a Human, Dwarf, or Draenei? I dont care about racials. Just want to know what you all think I should be and why. Thank-you.Cocobeard12 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 More noob Ret questions for 5.0.4. So I'm reading but I'm failing to understand. So, here goes. ... 1. That's from the EJ thread. And it confuses me. I'm under the impression that you can still only burn a maximum of 3 HoPo on HoPo-consuming skills. Is this true (again, I don't have beta)? Is there math behind building up 5 HoPo before burning TV? In theory I kind of get it; only having to use more one HoPo-producing skill before your second TV makes sense, but is it math-sensical (made up words are the best)? 2. Are PvE Expertise and Hit caps being lowered tomorrow, or are the 7.5% values only true for level 90? 3. Frankly, all of our new glyphs seem like utter garbage, minus augmentation to our survival. Which ones will you be using come patch day? Mass Exo is obvious for AoE fights, but what about single-target? 4. Are we still swapping to SoR at 4 targets? Less? More? 5. How sure are we about Haste > Mastery > Crit for post-patch 85? I'm about to go sim a bunch of stuff myself, but I'd hate to reforge and regem everything and then have to do it again tomorrow. :( If I'm forgetting to ask something that could potentially make me play horribly in raid tomorrow night or create a gaping hole in the Paladin forum Ret thread rewrite, please let me know. Okie, thanks in advance!Svayne19 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 holy pally stiviable for rbg in Mop? with the lost of last word in our talent tree will resto shammies be more viableNegreeta1 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Cookie cutter Holy Paladin PvP spec? With 5.0.4 out, I need to know what the 'best' holy paladin pvp spec is. Any sources would help! :D Thanks!Krigelle5 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Paladin Tier 14 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRouH-PnnXM What do you think? I think normal mode looks the best, LFR 2nd best, Heroic worst.Pallisade39 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 How do I know I'm ready for heroics? First time ever as a healer at max level, so here's my question: Before I queue up for an heroic, should I have a certain haste rating, ___ amount of spirit/intel/etc.. Thanks for the answers. P.S. Should ALL of my gear be 333+ before I queue? Or would it be fine going in with 1-2 pieces below 333?Naomisura5 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Glyph of Righteous Retreat YES! YES! I was checking out MoP Talents and I came across the Minor Glyph: Glyph of Righteous Retreat: During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster. BUBBLE HEARTH IS BACK!!!Serea10 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Prot : Patch Day Spec/Gems and talents Will CTC matter? Should I just stack stam? Whats your spec going to be?Itsu18 Aug 28, 2012