Paladin

Dec 10, 2011 Replace HoR? Replace Heart of Rage with Rotting Skull? Yes or no.Elewood6 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Read for Raid I've not done any raiding in Cataclysm. I've gotten a bit of gear since the 4.3 patch came out and have been learning my holy trade in normal 5 mans so far. What is left before I put a toe in - gear, spec or otherwise?Palliebabe2 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 I goofed. Let this thread die. EDIT: I misunderstood how HR works. Just don't spam it on the same person twice in a row. 2 HP LoD starts beating HoR in terms of HPS, but for maximum efficiency, dump @ 3HP.Lylthe17 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Help? :( Seriously whats up with ret these days? They kill me in two hits when they use wings! and that sprint is so damn OP with hand of freedom. Unstoppable sprint wait what? And bubble. really? Immune against everything AND lets you attack/heal at the same time? How can I beat you guys? Lets be constructive please. Ps. No I'm not going to roll a ret to see "what it feels like". I hate overpoweredness with a passion.Velaciela14 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Looking for a Pally for 2v, etc. Hey, I'm interested; I have a spot open on Illidan and this guy on Kel'Thuzad. I have a RAF so I can pretty much do whatever quickly. Peace.Zóltan0 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Ret PvE Questions... So i have been gearing up for pve, sitting at a 379 Ilvl. was wondering why i pull like 17-18k dps in 25m DS..all of the rets say i should pull 25k, does ClC ret not work or is it my gear or what? :)Whslax3 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Does this helmet make my butt look big? I have mixed feeling about this helmet. What do you guys think?Preditorr10 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 parotharn help So I wiped the group 3 times b/c I failed at Paro'tharn then dropped in shame, wtf, i've honestly never seen a group not get caught by the eye. I've run run in one direction, but then i'll run into another group members eyes, pillar hump? just run around the pillar? halp, tySuperbaddiee10 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Ruthless Gladiator's Greaves Which is better for doing BGs with some arena Ruthless Gladiator's Greaves of Alacrity or Ruthless Gladiator's Greaves of Meditation ? I'm guessing the one without Spirit, but want to make sure. If that is the case, then why does the Spirit one exist? What would it be useful for? EDIT: I also noticed some other PvP pieces have Spirit such as the neck pieces. Is there a reason for all this Spirit?Zurk2 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 MoP, Holy Power, and you. Did any one notice that Crusader Strike no longer says anything about generating holy power? Yet Ret has Hammer of the Righteous and it gens holy power? Judgements gen holy power, in prot and ret, but a six second cooldown before rets talents, not to mention the damage nerf of HotR for single target damage.Itishan2 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 Ret/hunter/priest? Why is this comp so popular? Is it to do with freedom, lof and sacon the hunter? wouldnt ret/rogue/priest be better?Oleitie0 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 [MoP] Prot Mastery Suggestion So, I don't play Paladin, but how would you guys feel with a mastery that would go like: Mastery: Angelic Bulwark (or any other fancy divineish + shieldish names) Everytime you block, you heal yourself for x% of the damage done/blocked (something like that). Each point of mastery increases healing received by y%. Then add a spell that actively goes with block chance, to add a twist of active mitigation. What you guys think? Would that be too OP? Also, I was like spacing out and had this idea, and couldn't resist about posting it. :pAerastrasz0 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 10, 2011 With the new raid finder We really need Divine Intervention back!Jones4 Dec 10, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Varo'then's Brooch So after picking up Varo'then's Brooch; I glanced at my horrible half and half reforging to keep my crit below mastery for my (Heroic) Apparatus of Khaz'goroth. The additional crit that I can have in that I no longer have to reforge out of crit makes me happy; as well as the proc itself, essentially giving a passive 459 mastery at the cost of 50 strength and of course the 2.8k mastery for 15 seconds on the on use. Performance wise; I haven't really noticed a significant change in gain or loss in DPS. Could I have some more experienced theorycrafters give me a more informed opinion?Torric7 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Average Ret DPS I've recently grown bored of my pallis healing spec and gone main spec Prot as well as droping my holy spec for Ret. Ive got the full 378 free lewts from the new instances other than a weapon but i was wondering the average DPS of a 378 Ret palli so i have a standard to set myself to. Single target and AoE numbers would be appreciated.Alynis4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Have to have off spec dps? Can't I have protection and holy or do I have to change one of the specs to ret for when I start raiding? Any help appreciated.Sallan3 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 3s and 2s, Ret or Holy I am going to be PVPing this season with a Rogue and a Druid. I've heard that Ret looks to be doing pretty well right now and Holy is not what it was in previous patches. I am not sure what spec the other two players will be playing, and that should obviously influence my decision, especially of the Druid is Resto but we're almost certain he'll be Feral. Would triple DPS be viable with Ret/Feral/Rogue or would I be more useful as Holy? In 2s I will mostly be with the Rogue. We would really love to be able to hit 2200 this season, but none of us are very experienced in Arenas so it seems doubtful that it will happen. :(Revika1 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 I'm plenty geared for the new heroics, right? I was in end time with some dps who were all in the 7k-10k range. Our healer went OOM on Tyrande and I was told that I had no business being there with my gear. I kinda figured all of my high-end BOE gear and my elixir of the master should have far outweighed any issues brought on by a few blues. The other four guys were guildies so I figured I was just the scapegoat. I did 13k dps and topped the chart, for what it's worth.Won8 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 FInally Avoidance capped...now what? It's taken me until the more recent patch, because I don't raid, but I am finally avoidance capped. My question, Now what? Just go for stam, or hit + expertise? Also I'm using the 397 VP trinket, the use effect gives dodge, is this still worth activating, or just leave it alone? I will predominantly be doing LFR, which I know will be a joke to a lot of you raiders, but I would still like to get through Spine and Madness without people thinking I'm a terrible tank because of itemization.Elipsix5 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Ret 2pc T13 Finally got it, and let me tell ya, I -LOVE- it. Sure it could've been implemented better. I'd have preferred it through talents, but oh well. This is the most fun Ret has been all expansion. Thank you, Blizzard.Caceloris4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Holy paladin caster/healer spec i've been wondering, could the holy spec for paladins act as a caster spec and healer spec, just as druids have feral to tank and melee dps? maybe not now, but in a future patch?Fenrock4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Beacon and Ultraxion Anyone else having issues with Beacon dropping off when you or the tank leaves the Twilight Realm? I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but it is incredibly irritating.Treastril4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Mastery Stat - Ret Paladin Just a tip for some ret paladins out there. I recently got 2set t13 (Your judgement ability now generates 1 holy power.) You will want to basicly get every point out of haste as possible, put it into mastery, if the item doesnt have haste reforge the crit into mastery. This is after getting exp/hit capped ofcourse. Good luck and enjoy.Sacredkent13 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Prot Pally; What VP item to buy first? So? Looking at 2k Valor on me at the moment. Should I save up for a helm or chest? Or something else?Lilynette10 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Should I race change? Should i race change to a Blood Elf? I don't know if i'm liking the tauren as a pally....ßóóm16 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Paladins should be the next Hero class... I mean really, doesn't it just make sense? Dks start with the Scourge and end up with the Ebon Blade, pallys should start at the same place pretty much, doing the same war, but starting with the Scarlet Crusade and ending up with the Argent Dawn/Crusade...they could have a port to Light's Hope Chapel thing...and they'd start with Scarlet Crusade gear and start getting Argent gear from quests or something...would make for some fun DK vs Pally starting PvP...Darkscylf0 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Chest enchant question If you want something cheaper than Peerless Stats to enchant your chest, what's the best option, Mighty Stats or Exceptional Spirit? askmrrobot seems to favor Exceptional Spirit, but I know there are lots of discussions on here about different stat weights, and askmrrobot by default heavily weighs spirit.Maverin1 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Paladins potential OP start to 5.0 Dear Blizzard, The new talent system is great and has opened up many possibilties but i have noticed, and am sure other players have as well, that with the paladin talent Selfless Healer causing your Judgements to reduce the many cost but increase the effectiveness of your Flash of Light spell by 50%. Later in the paladin tree there is a talent Sanctified Wrath, if you were to combine these two as a protection Paladin you would have Judgement with no Cooldown and it empowers your flash of light to be able to cost no mana and be twice as effective. I know the talents arent set in stone yet but i would like to know what is going to happen about this? Thanks, Imadethknite@AgamagganImadethknite18 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Recent Ret Changes in the MoP Update 12/7 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#bb! Long Arm of the Law now lasts 3 seconds, up from 2. Sanctified Wrath now removes the cooldown of Hammer of Wrath. Flash of Light now costs 36% base mana, up from 31%. Consecration's mana cost is 64% base mana, up from 55%. Divine Protection now reduces Magic damage taken by 40%, exactly like the current glyph. Cleanse costs 16% base mana, up from 14%. Rebuke costs 11% base mana, up from 10%. Hammer of Wrath now costs 14% base mana, up from 12% and is also usable during Avenging Wrath baseline. Turn Evil now costs 10% base mana, up from 9%. Sanctity of Battle now allows haste to affect the cooldown and gcd of Judgement, Crusader Strike, and Hammer of the Righteous. Hand of Light now only procs from Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, Templar's Verdict, and Divine Storm. The base damage of the master is 17%, up from 16.8%. Inquisition now lasts 10 seconds per charge of holy power, down from 12. I didn't bother looking at the base costs of seals or blessings, and could have easily missed some changes. And I'm just basing the current effect values compared to live, I'm not sure what how that lines up with the previous calculator. Overall mana cost increases are only relevant to however our mana regens in MoP, although the high mana cost of Consecration isn't promising for the Veneration talent. The rest of the changes look mostly positive for ret.Snozberries13 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Shield of the Righteous; new sound effect! "CLANNNGGG!" /grin Blizzard, you don't hear this enough... THANKS!Rynarok2 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Transmog for Shield and Mace What's a good shield and mace that would work well with s11 Pally conquest gear? Thanks for any opinions.Excaver7 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Ret PvE I am just getting into Ret PvE, how is my gear/refore/etc looking, I am still gearing up don't get me wrong lol Am I suppose to reforge into crit or mastery? Any good pve ret's out there with advice would help alot. ThanksHitin7 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Eye of Unmaking Just picked this up tonight because no one else wanted it. Haven't seen any theorycrafting anywhere on it so I was wondering if anyone here know's where it places compared to others, namely Varo'then's Brooch which is what it'd replace.Amatarasu13 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 [Suggestion]Remove Auto-Attack from Judgement So the reason behind this is that as a Holy paladin Judgement is frequently used to restore mana. The closest thing to this is for Resto Shamans who use Telluric Currents. Now with my resto shaman I use this dandy little macro of (/cast [harm,target=focustarget] Lightning Bolt; Lightning Bolt) to cast a lightning bolt at my focus' target if it's an enemy otherwise just cast it. This saves time especially when my focus target is the tank I'm healing. This way I can target my tank, cast heals on him, and shoot lightning bolts at his target to regenerate my mana all without having to switch targets. Issue here? As a holy paladin this is not a simple of an option. When this macro is used i.e (/cast [harm,target=focustarget] Judgement; Judgement) a minor situation arises. I had a little chat with a gm, and appariently when you cast Judgement you also start your auto-attack. Due to this nature, you will switch your target to the target your going to be auto-attacking. This target switching can be countered by adding /targetlasttarget, but inorder for the macro to do this, the button must be hit twice. On the other hand if auto-attack is removed from Judgement; if any player who wishes to auto-attack their judgement target they merely need to add /startattack and only 1 button press is required to preform the desired result. As well as for holy paladins who use this macro to judge their focus' target; only 1 button press is required.Kritinmypant51 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Holy PVP Gear Hello all, I was working on my pvp gear and noticed an.. overall lack of guidance on the internets as to what trinkets would be most useful. Is it depending on personal preference? Another thing was.. I was looking at my current setup, how one of my trinkets is a PVE thing that gives 380ish intellect. Would it be worth sacrificing that for something like a Medallion (500ish res + dispel cc) or Gladiator Badge (on use boost spellpower a bunch)? I mostly have done bgs but I've started getting into arenas, 2s and 3s, and I wanted to get the best setup. So what do you guys recommend?Agaeres1 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 how to fight rogue as ret I'm new to ret pally. I'm loving it and doing okay when fighting casters and melees recently until last night, I got killed by 3 different rogues in 1v1 situation. It was shocking and seemed like I couldn't do anything about it. Is it because rogues are buffed a lot in this patch or what. What do you guys think about ret vs rogue in 1v1. Thanks, Cn4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Ret Guy Battles for Gilnays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZ1AGIVWuI&feature=channel_video_title I recorded this before thanksgiving and never got around to posting it. I'll post a 4.3 ret vid next week hopefully. I've been doing alot of bgs since the patch and the sustained damage is definetly a plus to not being able to do anything at all without wings. One thing I've noticed is that blood dks are out in full force since the patch. The extra judgement damage is a huge perk when kiting them now and it's hiliarious when they rage, expecting everyone to stay in melee range for them to deathstrike spam. Globalling people with 70k TVs is fun too, granted they have no resilience but it's still hiliarious. I've yet to do arenas with the new changes.Skintitejean3 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Holy 4 set t13. I just noticed how bad / boring the set bonus is for the t13 holy set. Was 20%, a significant addition to a rather mediocre spell. Now it 5%. We paladins always have the worst set bonuses I swear.Béatrix5 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Ret PvP question So i am new to ret pvp, i have gone holy in previous expansions, but im tired of kiting and healing. So i have an easy question for all you ret pallies out there, what aura do you use for pvp? arenas? bg's? i know it doesnt make a huge difference, but i am just curious as to what you all use.Fuquit4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 I hit like a wimp I don't know what's up, I've been told it's my gear, which yes, it's outdated. But I don't think it's so outdated that I hit 8k on most targets with my TV. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be keeping inquisition up constantly?Kayne7 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Question for the Prot Pally's out there. I have gotten into a rash of groups with prot pally's stacking stam. When did mastery/dodge/parry go out of style? Its really hard to heal a tank who may have 210k health but takes punishment like a S&M fan on 2 for 1 night. Just curious.Goldenelite3 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Transmog Help I love the way that the Fel Iron set looks and plan on using it up until max level. The problem is that they don't include shoulders and helm that match. I plan on using Bog Pauldrons but I'm unable to locate a helm. I really want the Fel-Steel Warhelm, but it's next to impossible for me to get at this point. I do have 2 85's, but being a Rogue and Mage, I won't be able to solo Tempest Keep to get it. Any ideas on something that can hold me over until I'm able to solo the content on this toon? ThanksChanson1 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 this good? Are my reforges and gems good? or should I look at replacing certain gems? Also, at what percent block can I start reforging Mastery? (I know I dont have a lot of enchants or a belt buckle, I plan on getting them once my gear is 378+ so that I don't spend too much on enchants) also i do have the tanking mace from WoE, but its not chanting/reforged yet, and I want to keep this mog look, so I'll probably look in going into FL for that tank sword or DS for that weird tank sword, Soul Drinker)Shadowdog1 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Mixed feelings about Holy Radiance I really do like the new concept of Holy Radiance....but I feel as if the AoE range on it is not far enough, and it tends to be more of a liability at times. Especially when you have a range heavy group and you have a boss that does a large aoe. It's hard to use Holy Radiance and only successfully hit 1-2 people at a time. (This is from a new 5 man point of view) Any pointers on how to use HR properly? As maybe I am using it wrong? Does anyone agree?Rielie11 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 Real Paladins... don't say "Pally". Just sayin'.Colwynn4 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 9, 2011 When does mastery become worthless? Is there a set number I'm shooting for or is it simply 102.4% avoidance/block? Solaire2 Dec 9, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps Was very unsure about this weapon with its lack of secondary stats and just a proc. I looked a little and couldn't find any solid answers about it. Well I had the opportunity to spend my EP on it last night and reluctantly did. If you get the chance you will definitely want this sword as Ret. On a 12 mil dps test the proc pulled 15% of my damage @ 1,840,123. The tentacles cast mind flay. The mind flays can crit, and there is no icd on it as far as i can tell.. I have had multiple instances where there were 2 tentacles up at the same time. This is not a "look how pro i am thread" lol, i just figured to put this up here in case anyone may be in the same situation i was in and are thinking about passing on it. (like i almost did).Justic12 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 My fellow Prot Pallys Check out the MoP talent calculator. We'll be losing Eternal Glory and Reckoning. Here I was hoping the expansion would, I dunno, expand our profession not nerf it Edit: Inquisition appears to not be lost as well. Limiting our choices yet again.Zephyrr11 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 Raid healing I've healed my way through the new DS raid a few times, and it seems fairly tough. Its easy to eat through all my mana by attempting to AoE heal everyone after something massive comes in. I'm guessing I must be doing something wrong, since I've got nearly full 378 gear. I usually manage to top the list of healers according to Skada, so I figure I'm not sucking too bad, but the way I see it is that if I'm running out of mana in a 25 man with that many healers, then a 10 man with 2 healers would be even worse. Usually I'll do 3x Holy Radiance followed by Light of Dawn, with the odd Holy Shock, because it eats up less mana. I much prefer being on tank healing duty, but unfortunately it seems to be the rest of the raid that needs all the healing =( I use my throughput abilities and aura mastery fairly often, and my mana trinkets are basically permanently on cooldown =P Is this what I should be doing in a raid? Am I supposed to be running out of mana all the time? Another thing I'm unsure about is gearing. I know everyone loves haste, and says to stack it, but unfortunately the Oceanic servers aren't anywhere near Oceania, so the best ping time I get is 180ms, and sometimes as bad as 300ms. My reaction times are always going to be slow because of this, so I'm not entirely sure if being able to cast more spells faster is really a good idea. It also means I can soak up my mana a lot faster, which seems bad. I like Mastery (makes heals more mana efficient, bubbles seem useful at higher latencies), but last time I checked its apparently the least important stat =( Is going all out for haste the only really viable reforging strategy right now, or is there some other option? I know in LFR 25 mans its fairly irrelevant what I do since there's heaps of other healers, but at some point I'd like to do 10 mans as well, so I can raid more than twice a week.Ravelie14 Dec 8, 2011
Dec 8, 2011 2k Valor Points... What to buy? I've checked the Pve Raid guide but it doesn't include the VP gears. Should I get one of the VP trinkets? Refelection of the LightInaudax2 Dec 8, 2011