Paladin

May 2, 2012 How am I doing? ok im new and was wondering am i stacking my gear right i know my chest and feet are out dated but other than that ?Chemetra5 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 Templar's Verdict Hi, I'm confused about the ability Templar's Verdict. On the tooltip it says I can use it with 1 holy power, 2 holy power, or 3 holy power. However, if I try to use it with 1 or 2 holy power, it says it can't be used. The only time I'm able to use it ever is if I have 3 holy power. I read over my talents with a fine tooth comb and I can't find any talent that says Templar's Verdict can now only be used if you have 3 holy power. And before I get yelled at, I know I shouldn't use it with less than 3 ever. I'm just curious about this mechanic.Ikowe3 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 Glyph of the Battle Healer - I'm excited. ... I've always loved playing ret as a battle healer of sorts, and I miss having intellect on my gear so I can cast more than 2 or 3 heals. A lawbringer 8pc bonus on crack is pretty good too. Always having the mana regen from Seal of Insight is going to allow some heal spammage. If anyone is interested in browsing through some other MoP glyphs: http://www.wowdb.com/spells?filter-first-seen=y&filter-search=glyph&page=4#1#1 I'm off to sleep for now.Turaven10 May 2, 2012
May 1, 2012 Sacred Sheild Beta change. now increases chance to crit with flash of light instead of word of glory. except Selfless healer aka the instant flash of light talent is in the same teir so in order for sacred sheild to be effective we have to stop to cast a flash of light? lol ya noones gonna take sacred sheild over selfless healer for pvp in my opinion. what are your thoughts on this?Yamaraja17 May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012 Ret Pally Gear ? I just hit lvl 80 on this toon last night, and i'd like to get some advice from the WoW Pros (if there is such a thing)....anyway my gear is horrible for cata content, should I make a full set of hardened obsidium gear which is prot pally gear ( I have a blacksmith ) or just suffer through the quest lines and pick up pieces here and there?Chrís3 May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012 Best Alliance Race for MoP I currently have a BE Paladin; however, I just rerolled Alliance on a new server and want to level a fresh toon. I am pumped about the way Holy looks in Mists, and I would most likely be doing a mix of PvE and PvP. I have a Human Rogue, and though she looks very good, I like to mix my races up between classes if I can. I'm looking at mostly needing a PvP edge (over PvE), and at the moment another Human is looking like the best race by far with the spirit bonus and Every Man for Himself, but I want to know if I have any options.Monstyr0 May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012 Holy PVP help Hey there just dusted off my old 85 paladin and switched him to Holy. Was curious as to where I could track down a good basic spec to start off on. I'm amazed there are no stickies on these forums :/ Also, what add-ons do you fellow pallys suggest for pvp healing? Your advice is much appreciated guys! :D -AusbornAusborn2 May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012 (lvl85) What can we solo? or perhaps a better question would be: what cant we solo? I enjoy solo-ing old content on my characters (notably my warlock). Prot pallies have always excelled at this & i'd like to give it a shot once i finally hit level 85 :) VANILLA: Molten Core: i'm pretty sure we can solo all of MC. Blackwing Lair: The first boss is un-solo-able due to fight mechanics, The 2nd boss might be difficult because of the DPS requirement. but i would think the rest is achievable? AQ20 - All soloable Ayamiss the Hunter: the only fight that's even a tiny bit challenging to solo. Debuff stacks really high because our ranged dps is so horrid. You have to constantly run out and let it fall off. Not all that difficult, but it's very annoying and takes way too long. AQ40 - 4/9 Skeram, Sartura, Fankriss, Ouro all possible. THE BURNING CRUSADE kara- All soloable Netherspite: Drop a consecrate in his path as he's walking toward the front of the room and then run out of the room before he hits it. The door will close, he will pull through the door, and the beams do nothing. Makes this fight sooo easy. Alternative: Netherspite is actually fairly easy, I did it twice at 80. You pull him when he's at the absolute furthest point in the observatory part, back up until you're right in the wall and then spin him around. All three beams come right at you. Zul Aman - All soloable gruuls lair- first boss- too much CC & you die mag- soloable as both prot and ret tempest keep- 3/4 Al'ar: pretty easy, but is an incredibly long solo. Voidreaver: because of the perma-silence, the only way I've found to solo this fight as Pld is to wear dps gear in Prot spec (stack str as much as you can, get to hit cap, and get as much exp as you can). You have to be sturdy enough that Seal of Insight alone can keep you up. You may be able to get a couple WoG's off during the fight, but not many. And you need to use SotR as often as you can so that your DPS is high enough to beat the enrage. Solarian: you have to kill the trash before attempting her, and the trash is INCREDIBLY annoying. You have to have a trinket that will "summon a companion to fight for you". Then you have to pop the trinket right before the mind control so that they don't immediately evade and reset. Then you have to Divine Shield out of the mind control before they kill your companion and finish off the Nether Scryer before it gets off another cast of mind control. Then you have to wait 10 minutes for the Divine Shield cooldown for the next pack. Once you've cleared the trash, then the Solarian fight takes FOREVER because of constant add summons that heal her. It's possible, but I really wouldn't recommend it. Kael'thas: I have tried this several times, and don't think it's possible. I can get through all four adds with no problem. I can also get through the weapons without much of a problem. But when all 4 adds spawn at once with double health, There's just no way for me to get through them before I'm overwhelmed with debuffs. I've tried spreading them out all over the instance, but that still only gives you ~20 seconds to kill each one. That would require ~19k dps. I also think they've fixed the quirk with Capernian that Ragewyn used to kill her without getting hit with Conflag. She's now casting it even if you're within 5yards when she pops up. I even tried killing her and Telonius near the entrance to see if I could get through Thaladred and Sanguinar before she got to me. That worked, but once I had both remote toy and conflag hitting me, it was over. ssc- Lady Vashj is impossible due to mechanics. The rest are possible, but a couple are quite difficult. black temple - ? Hyjal - 5/5 Azgalor: probably the hardest one to solo. Thrall is dumb and will die to the rain of fire rather quickly. Have to keep Az constantly moving to make sure thrall doesn't take damage from the rain. Helps if you kite him through all the NPC's because you'll lose some dps from all the kiting and still need to beat the 10 min enrage timer. Sunwell- ? WRATH OF THE LICH KING Onyxia - ? Nax - ? Ulduar- ? i know a DK has solo'd Yogg Saron.... Trial of the Champion (typo?) - ? ICC - ? If i get enough good information i might make this into a proper guide to be sticked for all the avid solo'ers out there? but then again i dunno, i am quite lazy... EDIT1: updated information - chess is solo-able. mag's adds do not heal him, Gruuls lair- first boss kills you EDIT2: updated information - see Cayse's post & Cphor's PostUnkillerbull44 May 1, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Open Libram XXV: Lady Liadrin's Lounge ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4422152379 Open Libram on Pageface: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548Sharrow500 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Item Combo Just wondering, I have enough/VP some items ready. Which combo would allow the most dps from DS as the helm won't drop for me. HELM 397 VP Helm 384 T13 Helm SHOULDER 397 T13 Shoulders 403 Spine ShouldersWhich would I see the biggest increase of DPS by using?Bloodyen0 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Whats a good matching mount for my xmog? Quick question, what mount would be the best match for this transmog? Currently looking for a cool mount that matches so i can ride it in the bgs?Vuruptor2 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Paladin rankings? OK, today someone whispered me as soon as I logged on and said "Did you know you are ranked 2 paladin in the server." I just told him i didn't know that because I don't normally keep track of those kinds of things and our conversation ended there. But, now I am curious as to what I could possibly be rank second on my server for. My guild is not exactly the most progressed in the server because we sometimes have to cancel raids due to college life, so I'm pretty sure it isn't raiding/PvE related. I haven't PvP'd seriously since BC so it can't be that either. Does anyone have an idea what it might be or have an idea where I can find such paladin rankings? Like I previously stated, I don't normally keep track of rankings and such so I don't even know where to start looking. Thank you, in advance, for any help.Kimmiee10 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 DL vs HL? My holy pally is an alt (obviously not the toon I'm posting on). I do not raid normals (yet) on it. I haven't touched it since WotLK, and everyone were either going spellpower-gems for Flash spam, or INT gems for HL mana pool. I'm currently gearing via raid finder. I don't really have mana issues. I keep holy shock on cooldown, use my holy power, haven't had issues keeping people alive unless they do stupid things like stand in ice cutters etc. I asked my guild's raiding holy pally about healing tips to "catch up" on changes since WotLK. Recently I got booted after two other holy paladins in raid stated I was healing wrong because Divine Light is my #1 healing spell. I'm not sure if they were just being idiots, or if they were also right. They did, after all, manage to get other people to agree with my votekick. I did read the sticky up top, which seems ambiguous on this topic. I went back and asked the guild's holy pally, and am still not any wiser. So I guess this is a poll of sorts. Divine Light or Holy Light as my main go-to healing spell?Coulson4 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 RBG Synergy in MoP Anyone have any thoughts about the state of ret in the BETA in regards to RBG class synergy with ret paladins?Solvexx1 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Need more DPS!! Hey guys, ive been doing a constant 11k dps and i dont think it really is suffice. Ive been paying attention more to stat priority and still i havent went over 11k Anything else i can do to raise my dps? Are my talent trees messed up? Thanks.Lathzalor7 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Oh gap closer.. When you gon' come my wayyyyyyyy How are we doing in PvP/PvE these days? PvP still feels pretty awkward imoZavala8 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Holy paladin weapon choices? I know that prot uses a 1h and shield, but what about holy? I was thinking healadins would use a 2h mace or axe cause they generaly have higher stats. What do you all think? Im a holy/ret pally.Taukra2 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Okay just hit lvl 85 What gear should I purchase for Protection, I currently have 2.5k JP. And what should I continue to get, I have been scratching my head for about an hour looking up all sorts of guides. A lot of them are different so I really have no choice but to ask. So any help would be appreciated :)Titaniz1 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Hammer of Justice Please move this move back to a later level, such as 69+. At any level below this, it is, almost without exception, a guaranteed kill. Mages can blink out of it, 5 minute cd for the very few that have trinkets, and for anyone else, it's death. I'm going to say over 90% of them end in death WHILE the player is still stunned. push it back to a level where a character has a realistic chance of at least survivng it.Lildumbuldor27 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 wtf no RBG god damn even my own guild wont take a ret paladin, this is starting to irritate meJohnhywind26 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Which weapon? I recently downed Deathwing for the first time and ended up getting Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps. I am currently using Experimental Specimen Slicer If I use Voice of the Deeps I'm under expertise by 4 points. I also got Eye of Unmaking should I replace one of my trinkets with it? Thanks for the help.Photas2 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 Prot needs fine tuning, looking for advice! So my guild is at 2/8 ds, working on 3/8. I'm toying with the idea of adding more EXP/hit in order to put out more DPS on certain heroic bosses (ultrax and yorsajh for example). Right now I hit avoidance cap with the ROU trink prot up, but was just wondering which direction to take. Go for more dodge/parry? Stack more stamina? Never been great with min/maxing would love some advice from more experienced players. Thanks in advanceAlpheen18 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 30, 2012 pally or mage so i have a 60 pally and a 60 mage i dont know what one to lvl to 85 before MOP comes out. what i would like to do at 85 is pvp.are pallys fun to lvl? are they got at pvp at 85?thanksWisconsinz0 Apr 30, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Scarlet Champion Helmet for transmog Anyone know if this helmet exists as a wearable helmet? I searched the wowhead database for quite some time looking for it, but I didn't find it. Just in case you want to know what it looks like. http://mop.wowhead.com/npc=4302#screenshots:id=77080 It also use to be the Lightforge helmet back in vanilla before they changed it. I can't believe that this helmet isn't wearable... it must be somewhere out there =(Syrix3 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Prot pali , 394 ilvl squishy? Hi all , looking for a good prot pali to look at my gear , everything was good , and then i replaced my gloves and my back with 397's , now im getting 3 shotted by bane after he comes out of the lava and no im not trolling . Looking for ideas or maybe something really obvious im missing. ThanksPalabros39 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Tracking Judgements of the Pure I need help finding a better way to track Judgements of the Pure. I've been using Elkano's Buff Bars to track it, after setting up a list of buffs lasting 60-sec or less, but that add-on hasn't been working lately. I'm looking for something that makes it a bit more obvious when Judgements of the Pure goes off or is about to fall off; something easier to see than being in a list of other buffs/debuffs. What do you recommend for keeping track of it? What works well for tracking other buffs/debuffs as well?Nezne15 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 My HPS Concerns I have been feeling a bit incapable compared to other healers since our change to 10m, and was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to pick up my HPS, I am under no orders to improve, this is just me feeling held back. If you would look at my logs on http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/llane/kangaroojack/, you can see my healing. I am not entirely worried about Morchok, because I am on a 2 heal side taking stomps, but I am unimpressed with my Yor'sajh healing and eventually H Zonozz. Please help, thank you.Kangaroojack2 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Pandaria Glyphs Figured why not make a thread on a specific thing that I'm interested in what's coming to our class and the changes with them. First off all of the major's seem to be alright but they update them constantly so its pretty hard to follow currently(Since I don't have beta). But one minor glyph interests me the you're avenging wrath gives you 4 wings. Now I love the idea of this but I saw it in beta and all they did was add two wings blow the normal wings. It looked... eh. My thought is either make them spread more on the same level not below and above, or just make our wing's more "angelish" Or hey lets mash two glyphs into one make them giant angelic wings that also make us slow fall.Bam! (Passes marker)Immunelol27 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 TBC Trailer Draenei Kaazark2 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Holy Pally HPS concerns... OK, need some advice about my healing on my holy pally. I raid every tue and wed, the other main heal is a resto druid. I'm being told that i am being removed from the raid group because my numbers are not up to the resto druids standard. Ive been looking up a lot of stuff about my class and it seems that i am doing everything correctly. I beacon main tank and throw out holy shock and holy light to other raid members, i use divine light on tank when he is taking heavy dmg(this produces holy power). If there is a lot of raid dmg going out i use holy radiance and light of dawn(3 holy power always) and i use the 3 HP WoG when big heals are needed on single tank...i use hand of sacrifice on tank when he is bout to get hit big. i use res aura and aura mastery for big dmg phases...like madness elementium bolt. i know my class very well, and while i may be doing some things differently than others its a play style choice usually. So...my heals compared to the resto druid: -on heroic ultraxion i top out at 35-40k hps, the druid gets about 40-45k(he uses the first crystal, i get second and third) -normal fights: low range i am 10-15k and high range im 17-22k hps, druid gets low 13-17 and 20-25k i dont think aura mastery is included in the meters and i am being told i will not be able to continue doing heroics...im just not good enough Any advice, comments, and questions are really appreciated :)Liluminai20 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Prot - Exp & Hit. How much? I have absouletly no exp or hit rating and a 9%chance to miss bosses, when do i stack exp and hit and how much do i need whats the cap? cheers.Gaslampkilla5 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 LF Ret/Rsham for 3v3 Glad Push Transfer! A glad rogue friend of mine is getting his Legendary daggers soon and we are looking for a pro Ret/Rsham to transfer with us to the server (undecided atm) and push for glad. If you are intrested please create an alt on Tic and send me a in game mail. Thanks.Myboyfriend0 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Paladin Tier 14 4pc Bonus... Seems awesomely bursty! http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=123110Frozenstick5 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Stormwind Gaurd Transmog ok so I have almost a complete set for a SW gaurd transmog imperial plate everything, SW tabard, a shield from SFK, and a random green sword from utgarde pinnacle that happens to look like the ones they use, all that I'm missing are gloves for one why would they not have gloves in that set!? and 2 where can I find some good plate gloves that match the set? I'd also like a green version of this setRightright0 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Ret on H Spine I'm trying to improve my Ret offspec for H Spine, since we just recruited some new healer apps. Obvious improvements would be to get my 4-piece (the H tier tokens aren't going offspec yet, and I keep losing stuff in LFR to people who want to "trade" for other crap) and that VP trinket (next week I think). Basically, how do you min/max your cooldown usage? I try to get Inq rolling before the Tendon pops and still have 3 HP for my Zealotry/AW macro, but it doesn't *always* work out that way. Is it a bigger DPS increase to pop my Guardian a little early and watch him go nuts on some unimportant adds (giving me a strength boost) or pop him with the tendon so he's on the correct target? I do a few things like HoW the exploding guy as he's popping the tendon (to keep my Str stacks up) but I'm still fairly new to Ret raiding and this fight in general. Any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. edit: Oh, and I do have a "/tar boss2" macro for when the tendon pops, so I can start DPS as quickly as possible.Tail14 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Tanking with an agility sword... ...because I cannot transmog souldrinker into it. I've been called bad multiple times since this, but I don't care as my looks > your opinion! ...need to get a new shield though...Tarvoz7 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 wtb nerd for wings pallies do wayyy to much damage with wings wtb nerf -_-Hellador11 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Kitty cleave halp I have asked around and it seems that kitty cleave is not very easy. I played with a 2700 feral, and a 2300 warrior, and we just kept queuing into rmp, either they would open on me and have me bubble within four seconds of opening on me, or they would just kill my warrior while I sit in a poly. Tips? I've heard the comp is extremely gear dependent, me and the feral were in full cata(1 or 2 pieces not cata) and the warrior is in full cata with normal gurth.Jetsqt2 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 Rolling Paladin. help? Hey guys. So i am going to be rolling a paladin when i get home from school today. What race should i be? Like, which looks the best in level 85 pvp gear. And also, what spec should i go if i want to pvp mostly. I want to be able to do a lot of damage, and rack up kills, but still be able to survive. Is paladin right for me? Also, I have been watching Towellie from TGN. He was playing prot in pvp. Can you get kills with that?Fuzzeey6 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 GW2 Guardian might have some needed tools. Hey I play a ret pally so when I got into the Guild Wars 2 beta this weekend I instinctively made a Guardian who uses 2h sword/hammer. Now, when I started playing a few things really jumped out at me in the Greatsword toolkit especially. Ill run through each of the 5 abilties for both weaons. 1: 3 hit chain attack. Pretty much an auto attack just with cool animations. 2: Stab the ground, creating a circle dealing fire damage and applying a DoT 3: Channeled spin attack that shoots out blades in an AoE 4: A leap that blinds everyone in an aoe when you land. 5: Throw a blade out to your enemy, chaining them, activate again to pull them to you. Obviously 4 and 5 are what I'm talking about being great tools for Ret. 4 is just an outstanding ability for a melee class and I believe both of these abilities would be interesting additions to the spec since gap closing in PvP is beyond stupid. Hammer; 1: auto attack 2: Big overhead slam attack 3: Purges conditions from allies in an aoe while applying burning to enemies 4: Banish. Cool ability where you homerun swing someone into oblivion. Wouldn't be too useful for pallies unless we got a gap closer 5: Ring of Warding. This spell slams the ground creating a circle around you. Any enemies caught inside cannot exit the circle and no enemies can enter the circe. Lasts 5 seconds. This is another ability that would work great for Retsin PvP. Grabbing a rogue, hunter or lock is guaranteed death. There is also a utility skill called, "Judge's Intervention", this skill causes you to teleport to a targeted area, burning all foes in the aoe. Another potential Ret skill. That about sums it up, voice your opinion on why any of these abilities would be a great or awful addition to Ret PvP. Please keep GW vs WoW flaming to a minimum.Animuss6 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 Ret in DS So, I've been running with a recently 85'd Ret Paladin on some DS pugs, and I had a questions for the ret community (I only ask because sticky is out of date). First off: I have my basic priority system down, and I know how to reforge properly, but I was curious on Seal usage. Is it common for a ret paladin to change seals many times during a fight to perform at the top of their potential? I ask, because from reading the tooltips, Seal of Righteousness appears to be better for add fights, while Seal of Truth appears to be better for Single Target encounters. Basically, on fights like Yorsahj, Spine, and Blackhorn, is it worth using Seal of Righteousness over Seal of Truth for that cleave benefit?Ovyrload10 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 GM Claymore!!! Got my first paladin restored with the "Lieutentant Commander" title from Vanilla PvP. Worth leveling it for the GM claymore and Marshall's transmog stuff? I kinda like my armory now. What to do?!Brackett3 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 Ret pally in need of some advice I need some help. I’m a Holy Pally by nature, but as of late I’ve been asked to DPS in HM’s, particularly Ultarax. I’ve been told I should be pulling upwards of 30K DPS in my ret gear but I only seem to be able to pull about 22K or so. My armory may be showing my holy set (hopefully it will update soon). I can swap out +40 Str gems for +50, but other than that any gear or spec critiques are welcome. I’m currently sitting at 8.09% hit and 26 expertise, which should be capped on both. Also have 6.64% haste, 13.45% crit and 17.82 mastery. Anywho, my ret gear ilvl is 392 and I’m only doing 10 mans at the moment. I’m using the following priority system for my rotation: CS > TV > HoW > Judgment > Exo. I only use Exo when AoW has proc’d. I pop GoAK, AW, Zealotry and Consecration whenever it’s up and try to stack CD’s with my Rottting Skull trink CD as much as possible. So what am I doing wrong? Where can I improve my DPS? Any advice is much appreciated.Dubbs3 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 Holy pve gemming/reforging Hey guys, Recently have started healing ds as holy and really enjoying it, just a simple question, alot of people have said that crit is the best secondary stat to reforge/gem for over haste which is more a less what I have done. At the same time though I've seen alot of hard mode holy pallies reforging hard to haste, can anyone set the record straight? or does it come down to gear level affecting what stat to go for? ^_^Illuminy6 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 Dazed in bg couldnt remove spammed cleanse while also having BoF on .... what gives. was being beaten on by several classes so i couldnt tell which it was coming from but its the first time ive noticed something like this in pvp. i know pve mobs can do a daze i cant remove but players? is there something ive missed?Yamaraja10 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 New Paldin lvl 80 with SOR Hello everyone, I haven't played WoW in a long long time. Yesterday a friend told me about the Scroll of Res, and I was very tempted so I said wth, Ill make a character and get it to 80 in her server and well I knew with this would come the main problem. I decided to make a Paladin because it has always been a class that I always wanted to play but never got around to doing it. I made it played for about 3 levels and then boosted it to 80. Now I went Ret, just because I know is easier leveling and stuff. I'm getting an understanding but very little so far of everything, I'm overwhelmed by so many abilities. I'm seeking for someone to give me some advice on What skills are a most to have and use, and which one I shouldn't even bother using my mana on. And what about rotation? I mean I would greatly appreciate if someone took a few minutes and helped a total lost pally out :) thank you so much in advance for all the help. and yes WoW always brings me back.Olympios2 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 License to Slay vs. Rotting Skull This is probably a stupid question, but I wanted to make sure that the 397 Rotting Skull is an actual upgrade over the 359 License to Slay trinket for Ret pallies. The LoS trinket has hit and stacks up to 380 Strength, while Rotting Skull is an on-use trinket that increases STR by a ton but obviously isn't constant. I hate on-use trinkets, but I also hate not doing good DPS, so I figure I should get the Rotting Skull, but I thought I'd see what other people think first.Browniemix4 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Ret LoH or HoP first? Hey guys, I am a new ret paladin and I am just wondering which of these two spells I should choose to use first? If anyone can chime in with some advice on the best time to use either of these spells I would appreciate it. ThanksAlexandros12 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Help With Fine-Tuning DPS? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-orwtvs93pabq3dr4/sum/damageDone/?s=819&e=1083 Normal mode Ultraxion kill the other night. (Using LFR Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps) Trying to let the better log analyzers help me in finding out what I could improve on. P.S. Got Experimental Specimen Slicer that run, so it wasn't equipped for this kill (if that makes too much of a difference)Frozenstick3 Apr 27, 2012
Apr 27, 2012 Looking for suggestions and tips TLDR Version: - - - - - - - - - - - Gearing up as a tank, now running heroics, should I run as DPS for a bit until I acquire better valor / raiding gear? Most of my gear is Parry / Dodge based, not really geared out for DPS. Based on my current tanking gear, what spec is generally best for DPS now days? And on heroic runs as DPS, should you single target DPS or AOE and let the tank manage aggro? Expanded version: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - After taking a break for a while, a friend sends me a scroll of resurrection and I decide to re-activate and continue leveling up a Paladin for tanking I had started a while ago. Now 85, running normal dungeons gearing up, adding gems, reforging gear, etc. At the point I can run heroics now, so I decided to jump in and get my feet wet. First taste of heroics, I was dropped in at the last boss for the dungeon and tanked just fine. The next heroic run (new group) was a train wreck from the nether lands. I've been focusing on tanking gear with dodge and parry, no real focus on specific sets like stamina gear for caster type encounters. I've read once you reach 160-170k hp that you really don't have to worry about it. I was thinking of running as DPS until I acquire better tanking gear for heroics, but one player in our guild mentioned I should stick to runs as a tank--as heroics really aren't that difficult, once you understand them. Fair enough. On one heroic run that hammered our group, one player was decked out in top gear and appeared to be pretty experienced with the runs and tried to help us with suggestions and advice. In our discussion, this player recommended I may want to run heroics as DPS until I acquire better gear--I didn't think my gear was that bad, but fair enough. I queued up as DPS for the next run and waited, and waited and waited. Eventually the dungeon run starts. Some may laugh at this next part, some may cry, but I was opening a new door trying new things. Experience is the best teacher in my book, but I try to do my research when it's available. On normal runs, I think I put out pretty good DPS so I decide to stay as Prot spec and run as DPS. I turn off Righteous Fury and let the tank for the group engage encounters before jumping in. I generally rotate Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Wrath and Avenger's Shield when they're available. Toss in a Judgement and Shield of the Righteous when it makes sense, and kick in Hammer of Wrath when the target is below 20% health. I know on a DK if they're rolling with Blood that they tend to build up aggro pretty quick, and since I was playing the role of DPS I didn't want to make the run any more difficult than it needed to be so I didn't use Consecration in any of my rotations. I thought I might be able to get away with just Hammer of the Righteous and Avenger's Shield and keep aggro to a minimum. The tank for the current group was a warrior, and despite my best efforts I ended up taking some aggro and shaking things up a bit--I think. The healer, trying to do their job healing the group, almost caused the tank to die from lack of heals. The group killed the first pack and then the tank went LD--either they felt bad or they didn't feel this group was worth their time, but we waited for a new tank. The new tank was a DK, looked like they were maxed out in high end raid gear, and just tore the place apart with few heals needed. We lost a warlock shortly after the tank, replaced by a DK DPS player who seemed to be on par with the tank and between the 2 of them they practically cleared the heroic with little difficulty by themselves. So it made me wonder. Should I stick with DPS for a bit or go back to tanking heroics? If I stay DPS, is "Protection" ideal for PvE in a DPS role? Is the rotation I chose OK to use, or should I add in Consecration and let the tank manage aggro when needed? I picked up a two handed sword and played around with Retribution, but it's so different it will take me a while to adjust to this style when I've been used to tanking. Also, as the role of a DPS should AOE ever be used or should you stick to single target DPS only? One concern I have playing the role of DPS is most of my gear is Dodge and Parry for tanking, not DPS gear. When Cata first released, I played a shadow priest and quickly discovered the DPS gear did not carry over well for healing. I would expect something similiar for Tank vs DPS. I've been out of the loop for a while, just looking to come up to speed with the latest version and strategies used today. With all the changes made over the past patches, whatever guides you may read are generally obsolete as the mechanics and strategies seem to be ever changing. Any suggestions or tips appreciated.Pinkthong3 Apr 27, 2012