Paladin

Jun 6, 2012 Pve prot paladin spell penetration I've seen protection paladins tanking in PVE using the spell penetration cloak enchant. Is this actually useful? Are there any bosses or mobs that have a resistance to holy damage, or is there something else I'm missing?Manoeri18 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 6, 2012 Gurthalak, proc more. So, Madness last night. I have 0. ZERO procs on the entire fight. Our fury warrior, whom has two, which even if divided by 2, had 7% of his damage(14% when not divided). And before someone says "QQ RNG" basically every fight, I get 0 or 1 proc. He gets over 10% of his damage as tentacles every fight. Someone tell me why? =(Chadicus55 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 6, 2012 lvl 90 Talent Animations Anyone else feel like Paladins animations were designed on a hangover, the rest seem fairly well done then there's Paladins. On the other hand, Priests just wow.Intrakit4 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 6, 2012 Which Seal! Which seal should i use for tanking! Insight gives u hp but truth gives u threatNerdirl28 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 6, 2012 OOM issue First off, i'd like to say, I am thourghly enjoy Paladin healing. I just have a question. Is it normal to go through mass mana at this level? I know gear is hard to come by( Constantly taking Shaman heal gear) I Just wanna know is this normal, or am I don something wrong Becon is constantly on tank Holy Shock on CD WG is used always Just seems to me that after every other pull I am OOM. Just tell me it's the gear an I will out grow it <3 TiAKeynin5 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 6, 2012 Need some HPAL arena advice please Hey guys, I have a HPAL and I am trying to find out what is a good balance for spirit in arena. I have ran as little as 1100 and as much as 2K spirit. What do most of you guys feel comfortable with? Also I have two trinkets I am between, Cataclysmic Gladiator's Emblem of Meditation, the 484 spirit + health boost trink, or reg mode Seal of the Seven Signs, the big int + haste boost. Sorry, I can't post on my Pally for a particular reason, but was hoping this question was general enough to get some help on. Thanks.Swordnbored1 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Healing issues I've been away for about a year, so I'm trying to play "catch up" with all the game updates. I am having a hard time healing level 85 dungeons and not sure what I'm doing wrong. After viewing stickies and looking at specs, it seems like I'm on the right track but not sure if the weakness of my heals is due to my lack of better gear (but if I don't run 85 dungeons, how can I improve my gear, right?) or if my rotation is fubar. In case you didn't view my character screen, here are some stats: SP: 5003 Haste: 17.93% Crit: 15.36% My basic rotation is - Beacon on tank of course, Judge, HS whenever on cd, spam HL, WoG once 3 stacks of HP are built, HR if possible for the group. I notice if the entire group is getting hammered, it's close to impossible to keep everyone at decent health. I love healing, but don't seem to have as much of an issue with my other healing classes as I do with this paladin. Any help/feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)Taryn13 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 question about cataclismic pvp gear hi, just wanna know if as (ret paladin) with aproximatelly 3700 conquest points i should buy cataclismic gladiator bonegrinder (mace) oor... should i buy cataclismic gladiator scaled chest piece AND cataclismic gladiator belt of cruelty or something else of the same value? whats better?Arturovalle1 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Why are paladins.. so boring to lvl up?...Rázzly28 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Help! Can you guys look over my gear and reforges, glphys and tell me if I am doing something wrong? I am getting very low numbers in raids. Is it my gear? I still have a few 359 items. Or Spec?Peligrosisi1 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 SpellSteal Nerf : Wings I'm getting really sick and tired of my wings being spellstolen, What do you got when you cross a clipped Paladin? A Failadin, that's what. Oh sure, maybe if we use our 'overpowered' bubble and then pop wings. Uhmm, no Bubble reduces the damage we do by 50%. And now, patch 4.2 the only ret change I see is for PvE? Every is complaining about their classes getting nerfed,buffed because of PvP and my stupid class is getting PvE? Honestly, how many people in a ratio go ret pve rather than Holy/Prot? Not a whole lot, my guess is 23% Ret, 43% Holy and 33% Prot. Why do people assume Rets great at PvP, well, thing is, we aren't we got one bubble and thats just used to heal our selves, and we get only two Divine Lights in and then our Mana is depleted, plus 4.2 we'll be lucky to get two divine lights in. Then there is Lay on Hands, thats good for World PvP, but doesn't do a damn thing against a Mage. "Oh, more life points to take down, SCORE!" Marksmen Hunters w/ Aspect of the Fox, sure, Paladins can cleanse our way towards them, but they got Traps, unlimited dazes and they got a spirit beast they can heal. Awesome. This thread is about why Retadins need a pvp buff and not more nerfs, we aren't that overpowered at all. You want something to nerf, look at Frost Mages, Arcane Mages damage, Marksmen Hunters, Frost DKs, Affliction Warlocks and their unlimited, unbreakable fears. Resto druids who can kite for a life time and heal while doing it. Please hear me out, I know alot of you can think of good smart mouth comments against this, but thats not what I'm trying to get out of this, I want people to realise that Retribution Paladins are very weak when it comes to PvP. No, I'm not a bad Paladin, no I'm not QQing over getting my arse kicked 24/7, and no I'm not saying my class is the only class that's bad. But, back to the original topic, the Mages Spellsteal is very overpowered, especially used against and Paladins wings. Without our 20% Damage + three Hammers of Wrath, Paladins are just a moving training dummy.Áragorn100 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Ret in PvP how are they? I've only ever really played ret earlier in the patch in PTR and loved in duels...Never lost a single one ever cept to a couple really good frost mages. How are they fairing now adays in BGs/Arenas/RBGs? Cause holy is really starting to bore me.Bids3 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Ret feels too RNG'y Hello, I've recently returned to this game after being away for about 7 months and decided to play horde instead of alliance. Instead of doing a faction change I decided to make a pally that will end up being mainly dps. Anyway, currently I am level 48 and I sort of like how it plays but at the same time it feels like there is just way too much RNG involved and when looking at the talents, it doesn't look like it's going to change. With so much RNG involved, sometimes I can do 500 dps and other times I can do over 1k dps. It doesn't seem to me that it's right to have almost double dps when getting lucky with procs. Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems to be how ret plays... 1 - Judge 2 - CS 3 - While waiting for CS cd, hope you get an instant exorcism via auto attacks. 4 - CS 5 - Templars verdict. 6 - Either judge or hope TV used it's 15% chance to proc and allow you do another TV. 7 - CS 8 - repeat. What I'm getting at, is it seems like pally dps just revolves around using CS till you get 3 charges and then templars verdict while throwing in a judgement when cs is on cd and hoping something procs. Without anything proccing, it's kind of boring. And unfortunately the procs don't have a high chances of proccing. So do things get better as a ret pally when it comes to doing dps? Will I always be plagued by RNG and sometimes do 30k dps sometimes and other times on same fight do 45k dps because I just happened to be lucky with rng when it comes to end game? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but I don't know. What do you all think? Does RNG play too big of a role in ret dps?Krainor7 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 How to play against rogues and mages? [Holy] Ok I know my gear isn't the best right now for PVP (I'm working on it) My main problem IS practically insta-dying from mages and rogues. Is it just a gear problem or am I doing something wrong? I'd like any tips from other Hpallys on the matter! Any feedback is helpful!Aquintas4 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Ret Pally - Trying to up the Deeps I know my gear is on the Meh range, i have the ability and know how to join a higher end Raiding guild but not gonna ditch my friends. I'm trying to find ways to get every bit out of my damage that i can. Right now in LFR i can pull 26k-22k on average it seems and a steady 17k-19k on Dummy's. CS should be used on CD correct? And during an all CD use period how should HoW be treated? I try to use it when CS is on CD and TV is not useable, is that the proper way to handle it? Any tips or comments be great, More so trying to smash a Lock in my guild that loves to brag about out damaging me and ya cant have that :PShasme3 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Should paladins get to dual wield? I always wanted to duel wield double hammers :S i wish blizz would make it happen!Nozuka29 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Holy Pallies, Overpowered in 2s Greeting bringers of the light, I venture form the wretched catacombs of the Warlock Forums to ask you a simple question: How the hell can I kill you in 2s? Last night, my friend and I were doing twos, and ran into a holy pally/Arms warrior combo. The battle lasted for about a half hour, I think, with no one dying. A few times I got the warrior to 10% but he somehow just popped back to full health. Same with the pally, I tried everything I could think of to keep him CCed long enough to die but nothing worked. Admitedly, my healer was a holy pally as well, which was why the battle was a stale mate, but it shouldn't have been. One of the pallies should have gone oom at one point, and neither did, which was ridiculous. Please help me understand why you can't be killed so I can be sure to change my strategy next time, and not waste all that time only to have the opponents get bored and leave.Kairuciant24 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Holy trinket choice Is Insignia of the Corrupted Mind a legitimate item for a holy paladin to be using? Sure it has a large static +int on it, but do you guys really melee bosses enough to make full use of said trinket? Edit: Shadow is my OS, so it isn't a MS/MS fight for the trinket, and thus not too heavily begrudged going to herCompensator1 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Brilliant Paladin Idea! I'll cut right to the chase: Holy Snap: Reset the remaining cooldown on your Divine Sheild, Divine Protection, Hammer of Justice, Repentance, All hand spells, Avenging Wrath, Zealotry, and Gaurdian of Ancient kings. Reduce forbearance to 30 seconds. How's it going Frost mages and Rogues?Brackett2 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Rets against hunters in duels WHAT TO DO Hey guys, so it's basically the title .. I've been having a ton of trouble taking on any kind of hunter 1v1, I can beat pretty much every other class without bubbling but a hunter just completely destroys me from a far while removing wings/freedoms. I feel like the only thing i can do is burst him down with everything up in a HoJ but the problem is i can't get him to trinket anything.. a good hunter never trinkets my repentance. any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)Massives10 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Which trinket? I was wondering if i should replace any of my trinkets for bone-link? i dont really know edit: dont mind the weird gear i was lvling up enchanting and stuff. lolRagingaylama1 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Crit vs Mastery real difference? I have been wrestling with the Crit vs Mastery argument for PVP. I have done both. If I reforge to Crit it seems like I would move from 9% to somewhere around 13% Crit. With Mastery i get constant DMG on TV and CS. I'm just wondering if giving up the constant pressure of Mastery DMG is worth the extra 4% crit chance. The 4% increased Crit chance doesnt seem like muchAgincourt2 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Holy PvP: Why the suck? Just got back from a year off. Gearing up here--and even now with my set nearly complete save for an accessory or two--and I want to know what the hell happened? Mitigating our heals must be the easiest thing in the world now and I want to know what changed. BoF doesn't seem to be doing crap either, still getting slowed with it applied. It was never this bad. Don't judge this post based on my profile. It hasn't updated with my new gear. I'm full Season 11.Domo33 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Ret Talent Help hey guys, Ive just been looking at some builds for the Retribution spec and all of the builds that i have seen don't include "sanctity of battle." It got my wondering why not, I've seen QQ threads on how CS, CD sucks because it takes to long to get Holy Power. Obviously if the person had a T13 they wouldn't have much of a problem but it still seems that CS is one of our main attacks. So my question is why don't we put one point into SoB? I mean everyone at 85 reaches the hit cap and whatever else. So i asume that we would at least have a decent amount of haste from our gear or we could gem some haste in, if the gear didn't have any. I'm not 85 and nor do i have one, but it seems that reaching the haste cap or having some haste in general would be a good idea. SoB is one point, im sure we can afford to place one point in it. So please tell me why nobody does this, and don't just say because we don't have haste. Tell me why we don't use haste. CheersThelaww5 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 How does my build look? Hey guys ive been copying a build i saw online for a Protection Pally and i dont know if im doing this right or not and if someone could show me their build to show me max strength and health. These are my skills so far http://tinypic.com/r/2a5f4ia/6Llebannen5 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Proper Beacon of Light usage in PvP (BGs) Is this a spell I'm supposed to be changing targets with a lot, or do I cast it on myself, or what? Also, what is the default aura that I should have on as holy?Kytes4 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Light of Dawn: Healing Loss? So I did a PuG DS 10 earlier today and it went fairly well; Only a couple wipes (only one of which was a healing issue) and nice people. One thing that did happen to us , though, was an ultraxion wipe. It was me and a holy priest healing. I let him grab red and then I got green --> blue. The first time we had a little bit of tank issues (one of the tanks had never tanked DS) which caused 3 of our dps to die and we ended up wiping. I noticed that once the damage got utterly insane and practically unhealable LoD seems to be lacking in power. I felt as if HR spamming 100% of the time was a higher HPS than LoD every time I got 3 HP. After that fight I looked at my healing and noticed I had 14M (priest had about 9) and was about 60k HPS and HR counted for 60% of my healing, LoD being 12. I was wondering if, in extremely high damage situations where mana is not a concern, LoD is a healing loss if used at all. I understand that Ultraxion is really the only fight where this happens but it's just something that's been bugging me.Állerro9 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Seal gone If I die in a BG I'm forced to reapply SOT and usually my buff. But sometimes in the middle of fighting I will lose SOT. What is happeneing here?Agincourt6 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Paladin Equipment Im only level 15 right now but i feel as if i could do more based on damage and such. Where would i buy equipment for my level? Ive checked the auction house and it seems like people dont know how to price objects in the game. If anyone could help it would be great!Llebannen16 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Divine shield vs Mass Dispel Hello dear Holy Paladins, last night I was doing arenas and we faced frost dk,rogue and priest. We are playing lock,warrior and holypaladin. When the rogue poped his preparation to do a second smokebomb on my lock, I bubbled to heal him through the smokebomb but I got dispeled by a mass dispel and my lock died because I wasn't in the smokebomb with him since holypaladin need to ''hug'' the pillars as we know. We were playing in ruins of lordaeron so they were no way to avoid the mass dispel, since it has a big ''range'' (green circle) and it's so impossible to interrupt it with the latency, I just got it right in the face. That made me think about that : Why is mass dispel (old mecanic spell) hasn't been redesigned by the devs ? Why our major defensive cooldown that gives us a 2min debuff and has a 5 minute cooldown and a short duration, can be dispel by a 0.5sec casting spell with and it requires no skill at all to place it since it so damn big. Lets compare it with shattering throw, shattering throw has a 1.5 sec casting time and has a cooldown of 5 min (if Im not mistaking). I can see you comming with the mana cost of mass dispel is huge but since when a disc priest needs mana ? They can though a whole fight at 10% mana.. I'm not arguing about priest mana because I know that my mana isn't comparable as a holy paladin but that's not my point. This is just a suggestion to Blizzard, just please take a look at this spell from a holy paladin point of view or even as a ret paladin. My P.O.V right now is pressure all the priests or let them dispel all of our defensives cooldowns like hand of sacrifice,hand of protection, Divine Shield , Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, Divine Protection and if im not mistaking holy radiance too can be dispelled. PS: Dont tell me '' it cost alot to dispel'' because I will anwser with : Power Infusion ( reduce the mana cost of all spells by 20%. Excuse me if you sees it as a 'QQ' thread but I'm abit frustrated :) Thanks in advance for reading this.Sleger9 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Avenging Wrath Visual Glyph Idea With the addition with the minor "fun" glyphs for visual effects for classes, I though I'd just throw in the Idea. Yes, I already know they have a Glyph for a little extra added on the wings, but what about: A glyph that makes Avenging Wrath give you wings such as Tyrael's (From Diablo 2&3 for those who don't know) I honestly think it'd be an epic look. What do my fellow paladin brethen feel on the matter?Deavenmaster9 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Holy Pally PVE Help So I made a Holy Pally after making a Holy priest. I really enjoyed healing and felt it to be relaxing. However, I'm trying to gear my pally through HoT's and I feel...weak. On my priest I have tons of AOE healing that doesn't rely on positioning. Maybe I was just spoiled with my priest. I'm having a lot of trouble healing more then just one person at a time. Please help.Papasfritas3 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Seeking wisdom While not new to WOW, I have just rolled my first Paladin and am seeking wisdom. I plan to tank on this toon and that is also new for me. I usually do either DPS (mage) or heals (priest). I am currently lvl 9 and about to start specing this toon. Am I correct in that Prot is the best spec for tanks? Any other hints or bits of advise are more than welcome before I start tanking and make a total fool of myself (again). Thanks allFireftr2 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Ret pallys.... tips on soloing Void Reaver Hi all, Recently I've been trying to solo Void Reaver in the eye, and his silence prevents me from healing myself. I have to time his knockback with my Judgment sprint in order to pop Word of Glory while I have 3 holy power. However, its very hard to time, and I am unable to tell when he decides to know me back. Any help for those that have soloed him as Ret? Or prot/holly for that matter? I've tried googling/youtubing... but their are not any guides out there.Klaz2 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Quick question regarding ret paladin 4 set Hey guys, I was just curious as to whether buying the BoE 397 legs to replace my LFR 384 legs would be beneficial if it meant I lost the 4 set bonus of 18% more damage during Zealotry?Pwncake4 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 85 Justice Gear What 85 Justice gear should I get for a Ret. Pally?Racs4 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Ret paladin 2 peice / Bone-Link help! Hello, My name is Sean. My main character is a sub rogue. I am quite new to Ret Paladins even though i played them Pre-Cata. I have a question for some of you other Ret paladins out there. So i am a little undergeared because i just started gearing this character a couple weeks ago. So im full ruthless which means i dont have as much resilience as some of the other paladins out there and im a little conserned because paladins themselves dont have enough ways to generate Holy power, There is crusader strike + procs thats it. So i was looking into the 2 Peice PvE bonus for extra Holy power. So i was farming the set. Until Regular Bone-Link fetish dropped. I rolled, And i won. I would love to have Bone-Link and the 2 peice equipped but i would lose way to much resilience and get trained. Even if i gem resilience for my 2 peice i still will be lacking tons of resilience. Someone please help me out! Thank you!Forkle9 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 How much Mastery is too much? As I get more gear that's 390+ ilvl from Valor Points and the like, I figured I'd start taking my gems and enchants (more) seriously for tanking. Up until now I've just been using things I could get for free/cheap from friends or the guild. I hear the number 102.4% tossed around a lot, for CTC. Is that dodge + parry + block percentages to come up with that? Or should I be stacking Mastery until my Block % gets up that high?Bakarius4 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Need advice on this class hello i havent played my paladin in about 2 1/2 years, so ive greatly fallen behind on how they work and what they do now. Could someone possibly just give me a quick summary as to what has changed, and which spec would be more useful nowadays?(PvE and PvP) greatly appreciated :)Phántasm5 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 art of war Im just curious but in a ret paladin pvp build...if your going for a Last Word build I noticed you can flip 1 talent point from Guardians Favor and perhaps put it in Art of War...would this perhaps be an upgrade? 2 extra seconds on a BOF or an extra proc chance on exorcism. Im sure this has been asked before but im new to paladin pvp, I could see why the extra time on BOF would be awesome (mages, hunters) but I could also see art of war as a dps boost.Danieltoshh4 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Addon Help Ok, this isn't a true paladin issue, but the issue is with the Holy Power meter in-game. I run Shadowed Unit Frames for, well, unit frames, and I use the holy power meter built into the addon to keep track. My issue is that after the last maintenance day, the stock HP meter re-appeared, in the center of my screen. I've reloaded the addon a couple of times, tried to go through the config panel for the addon to remove the stock meter. Nothing. So, my question to all the pally's out there: anyone else have this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? ThanksAkille2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Macro hlp: Flash o'Light > Divine Plea??? I can't get it to work, any way I try. All that happens is Flash of light will cast. I tried #showtooltip /castsequence reset=105 Flash of Light, Divine Plea #showtooltip /castsequence reset=105 Flash of Light; Divine Plea I tried affixing "!" no difference. also tried #showtooltip /castsequence Flash of Light, Divine Plea tried ";" as well wat do? no matter what I do it goes straight to casting the heal, and never stops to cast Divine plea afterwards.Adréll3 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Just started. So i just started 2 days ago and i love tanking already, being my parts Royal !@#$%! But all i do is dungeons is there anything else anyone can suggest to do to have fun or get fast leveling?Llebannen6 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 what seal for ret and prot? just starting to lvl my pally again, he is lvl 80 and am just wondering what is the best seal to use for ret, and also prot, im dual speced into these, tyFeerz2 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 how to get charger how do i get the epic paladin mountNickslamm7 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Holy Power Hello fellow Pallies. This question goes out to the all rets on the forums. I find that while generating holy power. I am constantly having my dps slowed by having to wait for Crusader Strike to come off cooldown and trying to hard cast Exorcism for Divine Purpose Procs can sometimes slow it even more. This has always made it feel clunky to me, and I know holy power mechanics are being changed next expansion, thank the light. My question though is right now how can I make holy power generation more fluid until MoP goes live?Seilyn10 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 My face when Hammer of Wrath crits http://imgur.com/F14xqWatermelynn1 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 MoP Ret - will you take divine purpose? Looks like we are losing either our 31 point talent or divine purpose. It's a choice between the two, of course not happy about it now since it was awesome when both worked together as they do now. Will you guys take DP or Holy Avenger? Has anyone done serious testing to tell how much of a difference that is? I've only did beta for maybe 30 minutes, couldn't really test all that much.Kenpo5 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 holy pally pvp trinks...help!!! OK i am seeing a bunch of dif trinkets but the most two common are either http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/73498 or http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/73592 what one is better? in your opinions, or is there other options?Sineta3 Jun 1, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Prot gear decision Should I turn in http://www.wowhead.com/item=77004/handguards-of-radiant-glory or keep http://www.wowhead.com/item=77166/gauntlets-of-feathery-blows I could use the tier for an off set, but my OS is not ready anyways. Is the tier better? edit: I have the 4 piece setBubbllicious1 Jun 1, 2012