Paladin

May 27, 2012 Help on Gem/ Reforging/Enchant for Holy PvP Hello, I have had a hard time finding a guide on how to gem/reforge for pvp. Any advice would be awesome. My current stuff is haphazard. Thanks.Orlanos0 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 I seem to take alot of damage. So over the coarse of a few HoT's I have had a few healers tell me that i seem to be taking alot more damage than i should in the gear i am in. Can someone look at my armory and tell me if everything looks ok or if there is something i should change. I have tanked lfr a few time but seems the heroic dungeons is where most healers complain about my incoming damage taken. ThanksDarkmanning3 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Replacement Trinkets and How to get them So I recently hit the CTC cap and started stacking stamina. The only problem I have is my 2nd trinket. I gemmed and reforged based off of my trinket procs. With resolve of undying putting me roughly at (.2 over) 102.4. However whenever my soulshifter vortex procs. It pushes me WAY over and I start to lose aggro way too easily, just wondering if anyone knows any good replacement trinkets, or better yet, the best way to get Indomitable Pride, or even if anyone wants to do a xrealm Heroic, or normal FL, for Beth's Trinket. But mainly just looking for good replacements; however, I think those 2 are my only option. Any help and advice would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.Aeonarial14 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Swordguard Embroidery VS 100 Str Swordguard Embroidery or 100 Str from Blacksmithing which one is better than another one for Retribution paladin? Thank you.Muton6 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 The PvP helm I got a bit more into PvP recently and I got the conquest helm for mogging. At 1st I thought it looked really cool, but after a while, if you look at it from the back, it looks like you're wearing a giant pair of hipster headphones. I'm not sure what to think about that...Darthelmet1 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Brand new level 80 help So, i received an email from blizzard stating that if i accepted this scroll of resurrection i could have one character boosted to level 80 for free. So i chose my level 30 ish paladin. I was given basic green gear and a full ret spec. But to be honest i have no idea how to play it, any tips from the more experienced?Cryptotica3 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Open Libram XXVII: Holy Avengers, Assemble! ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768449233 Open Libram on Pageface: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 Diablo 3, Diablo 3, Diablo 3!Paladinchaz500 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Once i got 102.4 Avoidance ??? i got 102.4 Avoidance now i should stack Stamina ?? Add Dodge or Parry?? Should i reforge the Extra Mastery in Parry / Dodge?Shiropala2 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 rogue or holy pally??????? right now they are both 60 and i dont know what one is funner in pvp can someone give me some ideasWisconsinz6 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Pally confusion? First and for most this is not a QQ thread. I have just been doing some thinking lately and I would like the opinions of the Paladin community. I do not feel my pally is a pally. In the begining Paladins were mean to be a do all but not as well buff class. I loved having my pally at 60 and being the buff machine. I could dps, off heal, and pick up as a tank if needed. None of these skills were the very best (except possibly healing in priesty gear). I played a pally because I wanted to fill in the holes that were left by other classes. Aside from all the QQ from those who were to lazy to level a toon for its specific purpose I felt like this was a fun role. BC brought about a main tank spec for the pally which did feel like a natural progression for the pally and not to far of a stretch. Pallys were not as good as warriors in most cases but they were a completely differnt play style and still felt like a unique fun buffer. Pally/warrior tank due was awesome. Which brings me to my frustration. Aside from so many other classes gaining things like BR who never had it in the past. And other pally like abilities. Pallys have lost DI, a strong self heal, block abilities, magic dispell, and so many other abilites I will not list. The pally has become boring to play in a lot of ways. It feels like a watered down warrior. With a couple slightly unique abilites but no real fun factor. I understand catering to the masses and trying to make everyone happy but I feel as though pallys have become as watered down as raiding with LFR. I am not knocking the LFR idea but I do not feel LFR should cater to everyone endgame just as pally should not be so undefinable. A warrior should be a tank or a bad !@# plate dps, Pally Good tank who can pick up here and there, or good healer with fewer abilities than say a priest but strong at what it does do like main tank heals. Rogue/lock/hunter Awesome unique playstyle best dps's. Playing my hunter, makes me remember what a pally was like. I had abilities to make others better, making me what they wanted in their group for buffs and in a good group I was the differance between completion and failure picking up where the tank/healer failed. The hunter now has a pet for everything, 30% damage from bleed effects, 8% more spell damage, hero. This is just a thread to get people to thinking and hopefully influence the fun factor of pallys or I fear I will not be back for Pandara. If there is one thing I want to see go away its LFR. Or if LFR is to stay it should be completely differnt rewards and less than 2/3rd the value of the Tier rewards from running real dungeons. Tier rewards should not be in LFR. Just my 2cents. Thanks for taking time to read my Wall of textYourcoldfate16 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 What raids can a pally tank solo? hello all i was wondering what kinda raids can a prot pally solo? for gold that is.? any suggestions?Gigobyties23 May 27, 2012
May 27, 2012 Holy Avenger w/1H? Does the future Holy Avenger talent in MoP also turn your weapon into an ashbringer model if you're wielding a 1H? Curious.Stax3 May 27, 2012
May 26, 2012 Mr Robot and me So i'm currently set up as per Mr Robot. Am i optimal? Or is there something i could be doing differently to make myself better.Shaeos3 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 How am I doing so far Hows my ret spec looking I been tninking of chucking in a couple mastery gems not sure whether to swap my belt for the vp one and is the rotting skull trink worth grabbing also.Sivallian1 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 So confused with reforging and gems. Hey pallies out there. So I thought that I was def on the right path for my pally with gemming and reforging but I was told that I was a complete scrub an that it was all wrong by a much more geared fellow. I also am feeling really really squishy in dungeons let alone lfr. I'm just wondering if I can get tips on stuff I'm doing wrong with my gear. Or just anything I might be doing wrong. Thanks. ;)Maranson7 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Need help deciding on PvP non-set epics. Hi all, I need some help figuring out which ones are the best to purchase, I am a Holy paladin and not sure whether I would get more benefit from using the pieces with +spirit on them or choosing the ones that have no spirit but include +crit and haste. Thanks for the help!Wolfjaw0 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Level 80 Questions Okay, I just hit level 80 and I'm in need of some guidance. So I need new gear (badly). Should I use justice to buy lightsworn set? Should I wait and see what I find in dungeons? What gear should I get? I'm a tank.Racs6 May 26, 2012
May 25, 2012 Question So my friend is "too busy healing a heroic" to post on the forums, but he wants to know this. "Do Paladin's still get mana back if they cast Judgement in Holy Spec?" Thanks.Mäx1 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 H Spine debuff & other healing Hi all Healing H Spine for the first time, there's always at least one debuff series that starts about the same time as the first roll, but sometimes there is no more debuffs for another minute or two, and sometimes you get two series at once and a third series soon after the first finishes. What controls when this happens? I guess in a way it's good to have more debuff series as then more people get Blood of Neltharion Also, any general tips for damage reduction and healing organization? We sometimes had a person die during stacking for the second roll, or when the amalgs are blowing up . 2 holy pallies and a druid.Lusignan7 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Ret pally help I got scroll of resurrection and now i have this level 80 ret pally that i have no idea how to play. I was wondering how I should be playing pvp like whats my bread and butter etc. All advice would be greatly appreciated!Autaron5 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Retribution Positionning I have done a thread on the beta forums about ret positionning: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5151271970 The more people post in this and discuss about it, the more Blizzard will look into this major annoyance of the retribution class, that should have been fixed a long time ago. Feel free to join the discussion about it, maybe we'll get Blizzard to fix this finally and make melee white hit guaranteed to hit the boss if you can hit them with CS or TV.Zurak3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 help me improve pls i am new to gameplay period not just WoW and realy need help. can anyone look at my toon and give me help on getting her ready for end game content? be brutaly honest and talk to me like im a toddler lol ty all in advance and i look forward to all the help.Furysrike3 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 What can I improve H-Spine Hey folks, Id just like to thank you in advance for any help you guys will have given, heck I'm even thankful that any of you just clicked my post to even check it out. As the title states I could use a little help on H-spine. Mainly if someone could peruse the logs and help isolate any glaring problems they see with me healing id greatly appreciate it. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j44v5cy5c5ff4a3s/ Once again thanks for your help I appreciate it!.Shinjikage6 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 why am I such a squishy I'm getting told by my healers that I take quite a bit more damage rather than our other tank who is a warrior now I know they are different classes but could someone please respond as to why they think I am squishy or are my healers just bad at dealing my spike damage?Shurkien19 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Am I Ready for LFR or other raids? Hi! So i was wondering if you guys think I am ready for it, gear wise. So please be honest, things I should change, ect ect. (I know I need the mace from the first boss in Well of Eternity, but it just wont drop for me!)Marieen1 May 25, 2012
May 24, 2012 N Gurth or H Experimental Specimen Slicer Which one's better for Ret?Oblivion3 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Pally Nerf Dear blizz. Please give paladins a FAT nerf.Siccmc6 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Prot pally and his mastery. to much mastery? So i got a prot pally, i stack mastery>parry>dodge. Stamina just comes with gear. right now with all the buffs and items that i usually carry, i got 66% chance to block which is 27.07 mastery. When my soulshifter vortex procs, it brings me up to 104% chance to block. heres the question. Would it be pointless to stack more mastery? or maybe even reforge a bit out of mastery for somethign else? Why i ask this: 104% chance to block is well..a waste of 4%, id assume if you got 100% chance to block then you aint missing a thing. But of course if trinket doesnt proc i got only 66% chance to block. In my opinion thats still more then enough till my trinket procs. what are your thoughts? im looking for other peoples advice here. thanks in advanceFreédom7 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Haven't gone into a Cata dungeon yet, but... I've been waiting for the shaman healer I team with to get geared enough to go into Cata dungeons. But, I fear I may be a little squishy. (44k HP is a little scary when I'm used to tanking with a pool of 160k+) I originally had this post as a run-on series of stuff about my gear, but I deleted that and instead appreciate answers or insight. 1. At my level, will stacking mastery help as much as it will at 85? 2. Are there any Wrath level enchants I can buy from the trainer or Shard trader I can apply to be less squishy? (can't do Cata enchants until my gear is ilvl300+). I have Twilight Leg Armor already, just haven't applied it. Also, no Savage Armor kits, I'm working on my LW on my hunter, and he needs it.Lunchables3 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Long time no see! Hey guys, i been gone from the community for about a year or so and i was wondering if you could give me some good tips on what i should be working on and what my stats should be for my first 85 raid as prot?Yourajerk2 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Hero Hagra Im simgle tanking hero hagara. Whats the best way to get through the focused assult damage? Every fa i am using a cd. Looking to diferent straties and rotation cooldowns i can use. Thanks guys.Aspxcoder5 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 End Game more fun? Is there anyone who enjoyed the process of leveling up or should I just be trying to get to 85 asap? I am having fun but I just feel like all the good parties are at 85. ThanksGeronys5 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 More gear = Less Block Cap? Hello! Been visiting the forums for a long time so I know about the block cap percentage, but as I've been upgrading my gear through the vp stuff, I'm actually going backwards. I have most of the lfr trinks but I'm forced to use the vp mastery one so I don't get in the 70%'s. Help!!!!!!!!!! And thank you!Uspoonybard2 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Pally bubble in arena! This is really messed up. Shaman, mages, etc cant use their cooldowns like Blood Lust (which only gives haste) BUT paladins can use their INVINCIBLE bubble!!!!!!! REALLY BLIZZ!!!! The bubble can turn the tide of any battle all they have to do is bubble and heal a little and they're on top again it's annoying and usually allows them the win in close matches. What do you guys think of this matter?Magtark55 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Judge Removed, Response = Increase Mana Cost Below is a quote from Tiberria on the beta forums: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Judgements of the Pure has been completely removed from the most recent beta build. Could we please get an explanation of this and some idea of what type of replacement mechanic we should expect to receive. We are now going to be the only healer without a passive/spec specific regen mechanic in addition to our major active regen cooldown. Shaman have Resurgence Disc Priests have Rapture and both specs of Priest have either From Darkness Comes Light or Mindbender Druids have Revitalize and Omen of Clarity Shaman have Resurgence There is no paladin equivalent. Arguing that Holy Power based heals are the paladin equivalent is a fallacious argument because it does not take into account the fact that we already are taxed for HP heals by having the highest mana costs of any healer. Yes, Beacon is a part of this balance, but when you factor in Beacon not benefiting from mastery and the typical overhealing percentages this mechanic generates, you only get a 12-15% increase to the heals that benefit from Beacon. This is nowhere near compensating for the 30% increase to paladin mana costs compared to other healers. On top of that, with the Divine Plea glyph change, our major mana cooldown is weaker than that of other healing classes; Divine Plea restores 25% less mana per minute than either Shadowfiend or Innervate. It also imposes the penalty of either a 50% healing debuff for 9 seconds (unglyphed) or a 5 second cast time (glyphed), that no other healer has. Are paladin mana costs going to reevaluated given this change? Is the Divine Plea penalty going to be reevaluated? If not, what additional mana regen mechanic is going to be added to take the place of Judgements of the Pure? Are "mana free healing" mechanics that other healers have, such as Earthliving Weapon, Divine Aegis, Omen of Clarity, Ancestral Awakening, etc, etc. going to also be re-evaluated, and the mana costs for the classes that have them given the same treatment as paladin mana costs? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As of the latest beta patch, the removal of Judgement of the Pure was not enough. They also needed to increase the mana cost of all of our most commonly used spells: Flash of Light from 36.3% to 42% of Base Mana. Divine Light from 35% to 40% of Base Mana. Holy Light from 14% to 16% of Base Mana. Holy Radiance from 35% to 40% of Base Mana. Holy Shock from 14% to 18% of Base Mana. I do not have beta access, and that is why I am posting on the non-beta class forums. If someone who has beta could inform me of how these changes are playing out on the beta in terms of how they are effecting our throughput, our longevity, etc, I would appreciate it.Averi1 May 24, 2012
May 23, 2012 Aura Mastery I have what probably is a noob question... Is the skill "Aura Mastery" working fine? According to the description, it makes "all your concentration aura affected targets inmune to silence or interrupts". As most of healers, I never cared about what effect produces to teammates, as when you use it, is probably on an emergency just to heal someone who is about to die, but I always supposed it worked with teamates. The other day i told the warlock i do arenas with to pay attention to the visual effect of this skill, just to know when to cast without fearing an interruption, and he told me that he never saw that effect on himself. So, i met with him in ogrimmar, joined him to my party, and used the skill to show him. And i was really surprised. The skill only worked on myslef. I dont know if this is a bug, or the skill works this way, but clearly only made inmune to silence and interrupts to me, and he didnt get the visual effect nor the buff. So, does this skill only work for the caster, or does it really work for all party members affected by the aura? PS: sorry for my english, im working on it.Ksi3 May 23, 2012
May 23, 2012 Shockadins back? been watching a lot of pvp vid's from mop beta and cata and are shockadins back??Åzlind4 May 23, 2012
May 23, 2012 Heroic Spine Healing Hey guys, was just looking for a hpally that has downed h spine to give me some info. Was just wondering what stat/s you reforged into. I feel like mastery would be the best for survivability (with a lot of spirit obs.), but I've also read crit is good. Currently, using my maw (which i believe is better for this fight than h vagaries - not 100% sure though), I sit around 1500 mastery/crit and 1250 haste, with ~3300 spirit with my HoU, 3750 if i use my tsunami card (still up in the air about my 2nd trinket). Though my spec is pretty balanced, I feel like theres one stat I could try to focus on that would help out more on this fight, but any tips at all would be appreciated, thanks!Tiferis9 May 23, 2012
May 23, 2012 Hey WoW dev team... Make http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/angelic-wings work on my paladin. Better yet... not only make that item work on my paladin but make Tyrael's armor a set! PS. In the spirit of competition... D3 Devs       WoW Devs ----------      ------------- 2                   1 (I gave a 1 because I still like WoW) Cheers. :-DChrystopher1 May 23, 2012
May 23, 2012 Gurthalak vs Specimen Slicer Sorry if this is a necro post, but since I can't find another one on this topic, I'll create my own. Normal Gurthalak vs Heroic Experimental Specimen Slicer? I'm not entirely sure since the proc rate on gurthalak has been nerfed for us. Thanks. Edit: Specimen Slicer, not weaponBublemehardr30 May 23, 2012
May 23, 2012 Axe mog Anyone know a good axe transmog for this set pleaseSivallian3 May 23, 2012
May 23, 2012 Sooooo..... I haven't played my pally since the end of BC/start of Wrath. I've looked at her sitting at level 70 but have not played her in a few years. I've been playing my warrior, enhance shammy, hunter and druid. I suddenly have the urge to level her on up and play her going into MoP. I do both pve and pvp but favor pvp more. My only concern is that I will get mindless bored with cleanse spamming to close the gap. Coming from my warrior and enhance shaman where I have cool tools to close the gap, I feel like I would lose my mind and mana (hehe) just trying to close the gap, especially with no real snare without giving up damage(SOT). What are other Ret's opinions/feedback about the dullness of it? Should I just give it a try and see how I feel?Urtho2 May 23, 2012
May 22, 2012 Prot tank FTW??? i just switch from ret to prot so that i could tank did i make the right choice and if so what would you reccomend for the weapon i use. So far i can make better shields than what i have been getting in dungeons and crap like that. and if you guys have any sugestions on what glyphs i should use please let me know. Thank you, Taurishammer.Taurishammer1 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 RF Gurthalak vs Cataclysmic Greatsword in pve What do you all think? Rf gurth of cata greatsword? For pve.Bengina1 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Thinking of Beta... Alrighty, I don't have a beta account but I had an idea that my guild liked so I thought I'd post it here. The big hub bub on the forums is that we feel we need a gap closer in pvp. What about something unique about paladins that no one else has? We Judge. What if, when we judge seal of Justice a scale appears above the targets head. By scale, I mean the ones lady justice holds in her hands btw. I'm player A. I judge Player B. Player B was running forwards and strafing right when I judged. The scales now tip right above B. B will start to run in a 10 yard circle unless they start to turn left. When B gets back to what would be a straight line from when judge was cast, then it switches sides to the scales tipping left. This effect lasts for a short duration. Makes Judge when seal of justice have a longer then normal cooldown. Or make it it's own spell. All I know is normal judgement cooldown is too low. I know these types of threads aren't liked by the community... Or at least I know I don't usually like them. But as the saying goes in fps games, the worst shot is the one you don't take. Thanks for reading and salutations. Edit: And in case anyone asks " What if B wasn't strafing right when I judged?" Then it picks a direction for the scales to tip at random. Edit 2 : When the scales make the person run in a direction, to cancel it you need to turn in the opposite direction. Think the boss in firelands that you need to steer.Auur8 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 PvP? I have an 85 warrior. New endgame Warriors suck and have, so I've heard. I used to have a Ret Pally back when I used to play. He was pretty fun, so that leads me to the question.. What spec is best for leveling 1-85? What spec is best for PvP? PvE? Pros and Cons of Pallys? How does Pally PvP/PvE compare to others? What race should I roll? Thanks, and I will post more if I think of more.Zenoxiraven9 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Need help with gear, enchants, gems and stuff Hi, so I pvp with this pally. That's all I do. It takes an army to bring me down but at the same time my dps is really low. Usually near the bottom of the dps classes. Can you guys check out my stuff make sure im doing it right? Im about to reforge everything back to crit away from mastery to see if that helps. But is my spec ok? glyhs ok? gems? ect ect. Thanks in advance!Peligrosisi1 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Paladin PVP Currently I have both a level 80 warrior and a Ret paladin, however I've yet to make a decision on which to level. I want to play them for PvP, and I do enjoy melee much more in WoW rather then ranged, hence the rogue. Which one is more viable in PvP right now and which seems to be more viable in the long run (MoP)?Jeux14 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 New to Paladin class, two questions. I am currently going off a Ret talent tree from Elitistjerks and none of the trees there have the DS (Divine Storm) talent. I am looking more to pvp with this char and raiding from time to time. Is DS a viable talent to have in PvP? I currently have full BOA but my chest peice and shoulder peice have intellect instead of strength. Will that make a big difference on my way from 1-80? If so I'll grind to get the peices I should have, but I've lvled from 1-52 with no issues. Any input is greatly appreciated.Roiza4 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 average number of dispels for hpally in RBGS? recently in my team were complaining about dispels and say i shud be doing around 200. I thought dispels were primarily a disc priests job. i only dispel "noticeable" ccs or slows on Fcs. Cuz i don't have any hots i usually dont dispel as much to avoid Uas and spriest fear. and dispels cost extra mana which i am already not managing well. If i am suppose to do more dispels any tips wud be appreciated.Zaldrelia4 May 22, 2012