Paladin

Mar 4, 2012 Paladin = Chanter? If anyone's ever played Aion, the chanter was by far the most fun toon for me. Friend just got me in here (again) with a RAF and while I'm leveling my druid only when she's on, I do need to do SOMETHING while she isnt. I'm thinking a Holy Pally would MAYBE be the same as a chanter from Aion? Able to damage, emphasis on buffs, and an off healer? Just wish it came with the ability to use polearms. So would a holy Pally be close enough to a chanter from Aion? (Side note: I know it's neigh IMPOSSIBLE to 100% compare classes cross game, but for comparisons sake, I hope to come close. lol)Minorcrisis5 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Good ole' days When Divine storm and Crusader strike didn't share a cooldown. I wish it were still like that. Keep Divine storm's damage the same, let it generate holy power with 4 or more targets. Hell, get rid of Holy Wrath and make divine storm stun demons so we can still have that "Time to use some buffs like freedom, WOG, and other support things" I just miss the real divine storm. I hope you guys plan on bringing it back in Mists. Make Ret feel like Ret again and not a Combat rogue. /hairflipDezra3 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 2handers for ret.. So just picked up the 397 Mace off warmaster but i have the LFR Gurth, anyone know which is better in terms of dps?Vadäk13 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Holy pally raid healign help In some dire need of healing help. would like to know the average rotation for healing.. And if a holy pally has healed through heroic ultrax, should I be spamming radiance? Id love to get some more chats inwith healers who can actually help, goboston1986@hotmail.com is my real id please add me!Corenason6 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Let's Play Corrupt A Wish Someone makes a wish, you grant it but in a corrupted way. I wish to be 2200 in arenaCantbtouched38 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 status of pallies? What is the current status of paladins in all aspects pvp, tanking, instance healing, raid healing, dps ect...Shfy13 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Turn Evil in PVP My pally just hit 85 so I have a couple questions... I'm noticing a lot of you have Turn Evil glyphed. I can see this being really useful on DKs when we pop lichborne for healing but do you guys use it for anything else? I'm also looking for 2H mace transmogs that look like a traditional warhammer (classic paladin look). Any models come to mind?Vanduren20 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 Need a 1h mace to go with Conquerer [XMOG] ntWât3 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 helping a guildie Hello, so i guildie of mine was having trouble doing the dps he should be doing as ret. I dont know much about ret since cata came out so i was hoping someone on here could help me and my raid out. I will give you a link to his armory and our last logged raid. I was wondering if his stats were where they should be. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kalecgos/Daenie/advanced http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fpl95kk6m0qn1qjk/sum/damageDone/Framed5 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 VP Helm vs VP Gloves Hey guys, I'm working on my DPS gear right now (offspec) and I just got a head token from LFR. Since I have 4pc T13 already, I'm going to buy a VP piece as 5th piece (its going to be head or gloves). Should I use 4pc + VP Gloves OR 4pc + VP Head? Everything but the shoulders are LFR tokens. Also 384 Creche of the Final Dragon > 359 License to Slay? Thanks in advance. Lemmer1 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 good pvp profs? already got miningObamacare1 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 3, 2012 LFR shoulders or 390 shoulders? I have 4/5 of LFR T13 already and just got tokens for shoulders. I already have, however, the 390 Backbreaker Spaulders. The ilvl for the Backbreaker spaulders is higher and since LFR shoulders are only 384 some stats are higher on the Backbreaker spaulders. Should I just keep the backbreaker Spaulders and just use the LFR shoulders for my holy set? I already have a basic Idea to just keep the backbreaker spaulders because I already have the 4pc bonus for the set without the Shoulders but I just want confirmation before spending the token from the forum.Aeminence2 Mar 3, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Hand of Freedom not working as described... Hand of Freedom (paladin) does not work as described. While active, Hand of Freedom is susceptible to Sap, Fear and Stun. This goes directly against the description provided for the ability: "Places a Hand on the friendly target, granting IMMUNITY to MOVEMENT IMPAIRING EFFECTS for 6 seconds." Sap, Fear and stun are movement impairing effects, and as such, HoF should negate these effects. WHY DOESN'T IT?Bago12 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Tank rotation Looking for a good tank rotation. Any suggestions?Holysparks2 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 best lvling spec? What attributes are a #1 priority for prot and ret?Obamacare5 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 LF Pally Tank for Heroic Spine I know this isn't the Recruitment forums but they suck tbh. My guild is currently on Heroic Spine. We got here almost a month ago when our tank had some kind of IRL issue that has taken him away for over three weeks now. We would all love to continue progressing forward but are in serious need of a plate tank. When we killed Heroic lootship we were ranked 184 in the US. since then... steadily dropping in rank. We still kill everything on heroic just haven't progressed past Spine without a good tank. If you are willing to put in the time and effort to work through heroic content and are interested in joining us, throw an application up on: http://www.maelstrom-kt.shivtr.com/Slatra3 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 It's possible to win frost mage being a melee Hi, What I most see in the forums I visit, It's that melee against frost mage is just...unreal.. I want to show you a video of me fighting a frost mage and want to know what do you think. The frost mage is bad? He can play better? It's possible for a melee win a frost mage? I mean, the two with the same skill? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc771__c7QY&context=C313a596ADOEgsToPDskIBJrofE32C-Ja56oxQrBPmCraios11 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Pally pvp? Im curious what is the current state of pally pvp in both arena and battlegrounds? Are pallys still effective pvp healers? Does ret have decent burst and dmg or are they easily kited? ect...any other info would be helpful?Kowbella6 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Question: why JotP for PvP Ret? Looking at the builds of several ret paladins here, WoG is clearly something to build around, i.e. Last Word + Selfless Healer for bombing WoGs. That being the case, why is Judgments of the Pure preferred over Protector of the Innocent, especially without Sanctity of Battle? Is the +9% haste really that good on its own?Antorius14 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 After CTC, then what? So here's a question for the theory-crafters. After I hit full CTC, am I better off just continuing to balance towards dodge/parry and reducing the % of mastery, should I go for hit/expertise, or is strength an option too? I found that even though I put Sovereign Demonseye in the blue sockets, I was still at CTC. I'm sure the purists will look at this as a big no no, but strength is still the prime dps stat. I'm a hore for socket bonuses. I've seen a couple of topics previously about tank dps. I realize it's far from our primary role, but if you can do more, why not. We do way more damage than healers could do if they're sitting around. Even with 2 healers, I can see many situations in normal modes where the tank just doesn't take that much damage. Heroic modes are a different story I'm sure. I realize that the answer from a survivability standpoint is to continue to stack dodge/parry and go away from mastery. I know that this gives healers (i heal too) a better chance of making sure everyone is healed. But with so much of the burst dmg lately being magic-based, is dodge/parry the best way to go? I also have 4-5 CDs to handle burst magic dmg. I guess the question for this would be is there an achievable dodge/parry goal that causes one to avoid enough hits for debuff stacks to fall off completely for a paladin? I've seen druids do it, but I don't know if we can get our numbers high enough. I think the answer for me on this question is probably to get enough mastery on armor/rings to be able to use non-mastery trinkets, which increases flexibility from fight to fight, although the mirror is so darn useful it's hard for me to let go:-) This is a friendly question. I'm not trying to advise others of what to do, just looking for opinions.Bashface19 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 experimental specimen slicer vs. 390 gurth hey guys, just picked up the axe from ds tonight and was wondering if it was better then the 390 ilvl gurth.Sandreena2 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 deathknight stomp me so hard why is it that deathknights seem impossible to kill as a paladinMagictrick25 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Current BiS for Retribution in 4.3? Hey. Where can I find the best-very-best gear BiS list for ret 4.3? Kalroxas3 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 2, 2012 Seal of Truth Can someone please explain how this works? it says if you unleash the seals energy it does holy damage. how do you unleash the energy or is it something that happens autmatically?Garlorik16 Mar 2, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Something neat for pally JCs. You can bubble off the debuff from the The Latest Fashion! daily, and use it on yourself twice. :) Fun stuff.Insertion8 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Point the Way Hey All, Opening myself up to the flames on this one but I've just come back from a 10 month spell from wow and seems a lot has changed! Looking at picking up the tanking on my pally here once again and I'm looking to get a bit of direction in regards to what instances/raid i should be in to kick this guy back into a suitable position for mainstream tanking. I'm not looking for advice on my enchants/gemming/spec etc i'm cool with that I'm simply after what places I should be hitting to further my gear more than anything... Thanks in advance... fire away!Drazzik3 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Prot Tinket question Hi All just wondering what you other pally tanks would swap out. I have just received Indomitable Pride and would like some advice on which trinket to switch out Soulshifter Vortex or Fire of the Deep i was thinking soul shifter vortex so keeping one stam one avoidance trinket. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advanceHarbringerau3 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Found My Class I have been playing this game for far too long. Who cares how long I have been playing. Yada yada, since mages had to spec for instant arcane explosions and pallies were buffbots. More to the point. I am currently on my 3rd account in this game. Others have been lost through various reasons and whatever. I've finally, after years, found my class, and spec, and wanted to share the news with the community here. Holy Pally. How amazing is this class. It just makes sense to me. Everything from holy shock, to word of glory, and holy power just absolutely makes me feel at home. I can play it almost effortlessly. I have never found my niche in this game and have given up on it many times with having a shadow priest and a mage as mains. But H Pally, you got me, and for that, we thank you. Good day holy pallies. The spec and class is wonderful and intriguing, and i love it.Rummage7 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Ret H ultraxion help Hi, my guild recently started working on Ultraxion. We're making it very close, (around 3-5% wipes usually) and I'm looking to squeeze out any extra DPS I can. So I have a few questions: 1. What is the best CD rotation for the fight? Some notes: We lust almost right off the batm (Like maybe 3-5 seconds into the fight.) and I'm in the 2nd soaking group for hour of twilight. I've been finding it a bit awkward to always make the most out of the CDs due to how the fight is paced and this is probably a big part of my DPS loss. 2. If I can manage to grab the rotting skull before the raid tonight, what is the best way to use it? On CD or coupled with AW/Z given that I have to put it off 30 seconds to do so. 3. This seems like a bit of a basic question, but it's something that's been stopping me up a bit. Under blood lust, should I be only using 1 ability between CS? It seems like its always really close, but that another ability generally comes off CD just a bit sooner and its a bit staggering. Any other help is appreciated.Darthelmet5 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 just help....god i need a cookie cutter spec for pally prot and ret with glyphs. Paladins, your stickys SUCK SOOOO BADBladestep7 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 what stats for healing dps? outside of str sta agi int spirit in what order do i want crit, haste and mastery? Holy: Ret:Shfy4 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 What is the current Resil Cap? What is the current Resil Cap? I have some +40 Resil gems that I would like to rotate out for +40 Str and I would like to know what the current resil cap is, I am currently at 4600Tankhealplz5 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 how to gear after block cap seems like its a split between increasing dodge+parry (while lowering mastery), or stacking stamina (while staying block capped) So far I've chosen the first method, and with food buff and kings I'm at 18.52% (dodge) 18.57% (parry) and 60.64% (block) + 5% miss =102.55 (.15 over block cap) At what point does diminishing returns become so great that its not worth reforging into dodge and parry? I have Indomitable Pride sitting in my bags not being used, and was debating on replacing my Mirror of Broken ImagesSarem2 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 protection paladins couple of questions real quick guys 1.prot pallys have 2 procs that pop annualy while in combat my grand crusader proc pops like it should how do i pop the other one? 2.can someone make a rotation macro and post it in this thread thx idk how to make it at all 3.where EXACTLY can i get identical lvl 60 pvp gear for transmog set? thats about it ill update regularly if i have anymore questions thanks for ur help everyoneCaibhe6 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Quick Trinket Question. Creche Vs Bone Link I'm looking to get an Eye pretty soon, but for a secondary trinket I'm wondering if the proc from bone link equals out to what you get from the proc on Creche. I am pretty curious about this trinket all around, I like the extra amount of damage it gives me in PvP though pretty unreliable, it does help sometimes. Is it proc per minute? Or does it have an internal CD? Any help is appreciated!Raikari5 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Oh come on, no Turn Evil in MoP? What the hell. =( Speaking for Ret, at least. But, but, but I really like screwing over DKs (cy@ Lichborne, cy@ steroid ghoul, cy@ Gargoyle) and Warlocks.Projectiletv1 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Leveling Holy advice. I am looking for some some advice regarding Holy Paladin leveling. Specifically these questions: 1. Which order is optimal to take talents in for pure dungeon leveling? 2. How much spirit does an H-Pal need? 3. What should I be using as my main heals and which should I use as emergency ones? 4. What glyphs will I be wanting to take? 5. What are some macros I can use to optimize my healing? (I am adept in the use of focus and last target macros if that helps) 6. Paladin specific healing addons?Syltaris6 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Retribution Advice Well, I'm planning on making a Retadin alt sometime soon. Can some veteran Retadins give a newbie some pointers before I get in deep and find out I'm doin' it wrong? Also, for bonus points, guess what my Paladin's mog is gonna be. ;DAaronierro1 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 Pvp Ret with 4 Piece Pve = OP Small clip of some of the damage rets can dish out with 4 piece Pve on. With full cata offset and resil gems, I still have 3600 resil. With a healer this is amazingly fun >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmdCDBhWlkQ Enjoy!Brizzadin1 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 reforge add on or site Can someone help me with a reforge add on or site? i wanna optimize my gear and im hitting a wall , any of u tanks able to give me a hand what u use / recommend. also trinket i have the LFR resolve, pride, soulshifter and the veil of lies . i wanna try and get to ctc cap but im stuck at 95% around there. help plz . ty.Artho9 Mar 1, 2012
Mar 1, 2012 How much dps should I be doing in raids? Based on my gear? I think that I'm doing something wrong. I'm not fully enchanted/gemmed, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong during raids as I'm generally near the bottom of the dps chart. So, how much dps should I be doing based on my gear?Ceol2 Mar 1, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Help needed I am of course trying to tank. However I feel like I am taking a lot of damage when tanking. I tank mostly HoT's along with dragon soul LFR version. Please give me some criticism as to what I am doing wrong with gear and or stats?Exiledknight4 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Can I improve? I recently made the switch from PVP ret to holy, and I love it. I think I finally have a good handle on all my gear/gems/chants/glyphs, but I was hoping people could point out anything that I could improve on, like changing some talents around or using different trinkets or chants. For example, I was thinking about putting points into more efficient exorcisms, but didn't see any talents that I wanted to lose so idk. Any input would be nice! I know I need a couple more of the minor glyphs btw, just dont feel like spending 400g yet on a glyph that basically does nothing. Thanks!!Feladas3 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 How to BURST? Ok here is the deal, I dont play my pally much and i would like to start back. I hear about all this burst dmg but i dont know what it is. I KNOW wings are popped but then what? Any advice?Drindin4 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 ret stat question I have been stacking mastery with my reforging and stuff thinking it would be better than haste or crit I am at 17.69 mastery right now....Should keep the mastery or reforge for crit or haste? I know strength is tops but I never get to reforge for itLilknifer7 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Show off your Transmog Sets. Here's my Ret set. Still missing a few pieces. Gauntlets of the Righteous Champion - Doubt I get. Flameguard Gauntlets - Farming weekly Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood - Farming weekly or Kalimdor's Revenge Healing set - Full T2 & Full T7 with Red Dragonscale Protector and working on finishing Full T8 (10man) Bizzerd6 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Reg gurth vs H Slicer vs H gurth I've been seeing horribly conflicting reports as to which weapons I should be using. In some cases reg gurth is being said to be better than H slicer. This seems improbable, as our proc chance was nerfed by quite a bit. I'd just like to know if I should be rolling against my blood tank or not when it drops. I've also seen some BiS lists listing H slicer over H gurth. This seems a little wonky, but is the proc chance really that bad? Side note: H Ultrax trinket or bone-link?Bmg1 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Ret trinket Question - Rotting Skull v Creche Is Rotting Skull worth picking up for fights with heavy burn phases? (Zan, Deathwing) I've already got Eye of Unmaking and Creche, and I'm wondering if it would be worth throwing VP at before starting to gear my other sets.Yvesh3 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Ready for Normal Raiding? Hey guys, Wondering if some of yall could help me out and see if my gear level is ready for raiding normal DS. I believe I've gotten the handle on my mastery, dodge, and parry with the gear I have. If yall see any problems with gear, stats, forges, etc speak up please. Thanks, FateFateslight4 Feb 29, 2012
Feb 29, 2012 Valor or keep set bonus? So trying to gear up and raid. I am happy with my set up but like everyone there is always more to improve. I have not broken up my immolation gear because I have the valor hands but it would break up that set. Also I can now buy the Valor head or chest bont then I would be breaking up that set. Any help or suggestions on if its ok to break those sets for the higher Item levels?? Should I just change them out for higher item levels? Any help greatly appreciated. I have 4 trinkets that I change around as needed.. Veil of Lies Indomnitable Pride Soulshifter Vortex Fire of the Deep Sorry do not know how to link them for stats. You can look at my profile and see what I am currently in.Soulstisse5 Feb 29, 2012