Paladin

Apr 17, 2012 Tanking I want to switch from MS Ret to Prot, and I've already changed specs. When I get cata installed, can I tank instances in pvp gear with a shield and pvp weapon or do I NEED to go back to ret, get tanking gear from quests and then try tanking?Sylentwolf17 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Gear for prot leveling Just curious, but is there any reason why I would not be able to use the BoA plat DPS gear to level as a prot pally? I figure by the time I get into the upper levels I would need to switch some gear out, but I did not think it would matter much at low levels. Thanks for any help.Pezro3 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Ret paladin Challenge mode armor http://youtu.be/aLohhSRjW48 http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/march/challenge_paladin_female.jpg I'm loving this set and its not even tier .. I'm so so excited for some MoPJusticär6 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 new pally bubble animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNpRstCd1r0Groph7 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Is my gear/spec still viable http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadow-council/Naomhan/simple Im wondering if this healing gear is still viable for the newer content, mostly heroics as i dont know that ill be raiding anytime soon. Also what about my spec? What do i need to upgrade to do the new heroics? What do i need to upgrade to be considered fully raid ready? I just used a scroll of ress after about 8 months of not playing so im not up to date with my knowledge anymore, thanks in advanceNaomhan3 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Judgement Spaulders Anyone else think there is something wrong with the drop rate of these things? I've been at it for almost a year now...not even once did it drop, and I think I have seen everything else Blackwing Lair has to offer in the process, multiple times over :(Bigblak4 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 need some holy paladin advice My main is a holy priest with a discipline offspec. I heal in raids as holy for the most part. I also have a restoration druid and restoration shaman so I've done a lot of healing. I leveled this toon as protection but since healing is my game, I want to get good at healadin. Yes, I know my gear needs work. Questions that I have are, which aura is preferred for the most part? Is seal of insight the best seal to use? And a third which I sort of know the answer to is what is the best general rotation? As a holy priest, at least for me, there isn't a standard rotation, just a spell priority so I'm of the opinion that the same is true for healadin.Knokk4 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 I recently came back wow ,Got Question? I recently came back wow ,Got Question? I recently moved from low population server to darkspear ,because my server died out and no1 left lol. I played all three specs as pally for 2 and half years. I like to pvp mostly. My question is Which spec should i concentrate mostly to become a better player ,i use to help out my friends and low bracket players to get there 1800 or 2k rating ,never took pvp seriously but for fun. Ret or holy Which one should i choice ?Tamilscar4 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Tank stats - advice needed I've searched multiple guides in an attempt to find some basic information on tanking stats. So far, my search has been fruitless. I am not hit capped, which sometimes causes my interrupts to miss. However, if I attempt to reforge into hit, I lose block (which I assume is pretty important). I've already got my expertise at 26 so I'm not worried about that; I just need to figure out what I should focus on right now: block or hit? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to critique my gear and everything, as well.Majja7 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Latest Paladin changes on Beta (Build 15508) Taken from MMO-champion: Skills Holy Light: Healing increased to 6579 to 7331, up from 4653 to 5185. Seal of Command: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown. Seal of Insight: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown. Seal of Righteousness: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown. Seal of Truth: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown. Now does [28% of AP + 14% of SPH] additional damage, up from [17.5% of AP + 9% of SPH]. Retribution Seal of Justice: Now has a 1.5 sec cooldown. Holy Beacon of Light: Reworked: Your Holy Light will also heal the Beacon for 50*2}% of the amount healed. Your Holy Radiance will heal for X% of the amount healed. All other heals will heal for 50% of the amount healed. Daybreak: New. After casting Holy Radiance, your next Holy Shock will also heal other allies near its target for 50% of the healing done. Devotion Aura: Now reduces all magic damage taken, not just Fire, Frost, and Shadow. Holy Radiance: Now heals allies of the target for 50% of that amount, instead of a static number. Light of Dawn: Wording changed to remove "frontal cone".Glyph of Contemplation: Allows you a moment of peace as you kneel in quiet contemplation to ponder the nature of the Light. Glyph of Dazing Shield: Now has a 10 sec daze duration. Glyph of Flash of Light: When you Flash of Light a target, it increases your next heal done to that target within 7 sec (was 4 sec) by 10% (was 30%). Glyph of Illumination: Your Holy Shock criticals grant 1% mana return, but Holy Insight (was Meditation) returns 10% less mana. Glyph of Seal of Blood: NYI removed. Glyph of Winged Vengeance: Your Avenging Wrath depicts 4 wings. -------Personal notes: Looks like they put a 1.5 sec cooldown on all seals, wonder if they're still on GCD? Most of the changes seem to be Holy related. Holy Light heals for more (which is awesome), Daybreak's a new talent that adds a little incentive to use Holy Shock after casting Holy Radiance for AoE healing (also, Holy Radiance has had its splash healing regulated). New Devo aura finally resists all magic, which is awesome. What's even more awesome is that Light of Dawn may actually not be positional anymore! Any beta testers on that can test this out? As for Glyphs, I'm sorry to see Seal of Blood being removed, I really liked the idea. Illumination is eh. Dazing shield just basically clarifies the daze is 10 seconds. FoL got changed, duration extension is nice but they nerfed the healing increase. Illumination's kind of a give and take, don't know how I feel about it. As for Glyph of Avenging Wrath, well...I guess it matches the challenge mode set...and a glaring reminder to Mages what they can never take away again. :D Glyph of Contemplation looks like it replaced Frugal Blessings. I wonder how you activate it in the first place?Ah well. What're your thoughts, guys? Edit: Wait, they removed Seal of Blood's NYI status, never mind. Edit 2: SEALS ARE FINALLY OFF GCD AND HAVE THEIR OWN CD. HAPPY DANCE!Jackishi33 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 General HPAL pvp help? Trinkets as well OK so I have never played holy, this is my first time as I am getting used to it, I am trying to farm as much honor as possible because I will need resilience to step into an arena and survive..so as the title states which two trinkets would you guys suggest? A lot of people have suggested Dark Moon Card: Tsunami which I really like. Also on top of that question, obviously I know the TOP statistic is INT, but what is after? Also if you guys can tell me what I should reforge to and such I would GREATLY appreciate it. I always thought it was INT > Crit > Spirit > Haste > Mastery? Please correct me if I am wrong and also if someone can take a screen shot and post it I would greatly appreciate that (So I have SOME kind of idea what my bars should look like) since it's pretty weird playing holy for literally the first time EVER) it's extremely hard to get used to and annoying. Also another reason I want to gear up is to be able to queue LFR for some raid finder loot. I greatly appreciate all the help guys and if I don't respond it's because I'm about to take a nap and be up in an hour or two. Also keep in mind the reason I figured to start gearing this toon up is to be eligible to join decent RBGs and arenas as well. Also any addons you guys would recommend for a holy pally? Sorry for the long post but it's because I'm going to be going to take a nap and hopefully wake up to some excellent advice :P I appreciate it, once again. and for the record I'm not new to the game at all I have a mage and a rogue that are both for Cata..It is just so weird going to a full out healing role.Omgpallyguy5 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Paladins aren't overpowered. Not at all... http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/turaven/pallydindons.png :STuraven7 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Strong 3's comps for rets? I want to start a solid team, what are some of the top comps to be running this season for a ret pal?Basicz8 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 pally video makers who is a good video maker for pally pvp one thing is that the videos can not have music i want to hear them talking like live com or somethingWisconsinz3 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 should i buy the immolation legplates i was trying to decide if i needed to get them. according to one website they are needed for raiding. but when i look at them and then at my own leg armor the stat difference isn't much. i could use the jp for an heirloom for my mage alt. idk. i was hoping some paladin pros could help me before i make the wrong decision. thanks, as always, for your time.Xcalizorz3 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 WTB Seal of Justice applied from Judgement Seriously, it is such a !@#$ty seal already, so when we are forced to use it why not let judgement apply the debuff? Seal of Truth applies censure from judgement. I'm assuming this is an intentional decision by blizz, I don't think it would be terribly op to get a ranged "snare" with an 8 second cooldown. It is so infuriating to switch to that seal, get rooted and even with instant dispel having the seal fall off on a shaman and not having a chance to ever catch them again =/Fulloffail8 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Feeling squishy as Prot - any tips? Hey all, I'm a healer main who's decided to pick up tanking as off-spec for a change of pace, now that I've seen all the dungeons and feel I have an idea of how they're run. I tried a couple of runs earlier and felt quite squishy. I was also having trouble keeping aggro on some AoE pulls. Is there any changes I should make to my gear/spec? Currently my priority is to get the enchants I'm missing to patch the holes there, and hopefully get a trinket to replace Varothen's Brooch. What else should I be looking at?Souloist9 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Symbiosis for Ret is??? really Blizz? Way to do us last... LIKE ALWAYS put us on the backburner....Palinchron20 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Two Piece T13 I'm trying to be the best paladin I can be and apparently I need these to do that. But I'm kind of confused because I am not a PvE whatsoever so I have some questions. I did Death Wing Raid and got a chest token, but it said Raid Finder. How can I get the ones that say Heroic? and Is trying to get the shoulder one and leg one the best option since I see thats what Vanguard did?Bloodmistx7 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Best Level 84 PvP Armor? Would anyone know the best level 84 PvP armor? I would appreciate any links or information given. Thanks!Soupface6 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Holy Trinket Help!!!!!! So I have a few trinkets to choose from, and don't know which I should use for my sets.. So all together I have: Core of Ripeness, Heroic Jaws of Defeat, Regular Seal of the Seven Signs, and Raid Finder Heart of the Unliving.Pretty much I'd like to have a set for throughput healing, and then one for the best regen/mana efficient fights. I was thinking for throughput :: Heart of Unliving -- Seal of the Seven Signs. Mana Efficient :: Heroic Jaws of Defeat -- Heart of the Unliving. Any thoughts to this?Lightx5 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 What to spend my justice points on? Im almost to lvl 85, i have almost 3k justice points, and with the expansion of mist of pandora coming out what should i spend the justice points on? I was thinking the heirlooms to help level other toons because the other armor and stuff will just be replaced. What should i spend them on? Thanks-lightbulbbLightbulbb1 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Frost Mages.. I know I still have some Ruthless glad gear that I need to upgrade to Cataclysmic but at 4,500 Resilience getting hit for a 40k FB followed by an instant 29k Ice Lance just seems absurd to me.. This is how it went: Mage Deep Freezes me, I trinket and pop HoF to LOS Mage spell steals HoF and novas, I get cheap shotted by rogue Mage casts FB and Ice Lance My HP goes from 100% down to 30% in 2 secs. I still don't know what I did wrong :SSpárkz15 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Any idea what's happening with ret t13 in mop I was wondering, what do you think blizzard is going to do about the ret T13 set post 5.0? We're getting the 2p as a passive, and we're losing the ability that the 4p uses.Darthelmet2 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Ret Paladin PvP "rotation" broken down After playing my paladin as ret for a while now I found myself picking at random which abilities to use when I gained certain procs at the same time I had some of my other abilities off of cool down. I began to wonder if what I had heard about ret paladins not really having any sort of "rotation" or "priority list" for pvp was indeed true or if there was a better way to maximize damage. I conducted an experiment on a level 85 target dummy in Orgrimmar to find out if this was the case and here is how it went. It's important to note that all of these results were the result of a few things remaining constant. 1.) Blessing of Might was always on. 2.) Inquisition was always active. 3.) No cool downs or random procs were active.(Except for Hammer of Wrath wings had to be up for that one so I just subtracted 20% of the damage to compensate) #1 Templar's Verdict(Glyphed) .___20k(normal)___44k(critical) #2 Exorcism(Non glyphed) .___21k(normal)___32k(critical) #3 Hammer of Wrath .___16k(normal)___34k(critical) #4 Crusader Strike .___10k(normal)___22k(critical) #5 Judgement(Non glyphed) .___10k(normal)___21k(critical) I have listed the abilities from top to bottom in order of hardest hitting to least hardest hitting. Keep a few more things in mind when looking over this: 1) This was on a NON resilience target 2) Holy is my main spec so my ret gear is probably not as good as yours. Lastly I don't claim to be the best in arena. My skill level on my paladin is 1800 to 1900ish which I suppose makes me just okay. However I hope this helps put things into perspective for you and helps you to maximize your damage. Happy hunting ret paladins and see you in arena. :)Lighttaker1 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Holy secondary stats question... Hello, I am new to holy healing (dinged a week ago, healed for the first time that day) and have questions! I have 3 other healers, sham-disc-druid, and feel very comfortable with my stat priority with them. But for holy pally it seems like I want nothing but spirit>haste. My mastery is so strong already (usually around number 2-3 on my heals done) that it seems more valuable to ignore mastery and focus on other stats, like haste or crit. I am at a little over 19% haste unbuffed. Is that too much? Would crit be worth reforging to? Would it be worth building my mastery a bit? Please advise.Freakinpally6 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Ardent Defender Use. Mornin' I just got 69 on my protection Pally this morning and picked up Ardent Defender, and I'm wondering its use. I'm at work now, but assume the tool tip on my Bio is correct. 20% reduction in dmg with 3 min cool down. Seems underwhelming for a cap of the tree skill, considering I got and use constantly Divine Protection since lv 30. I'm sure the 'gonna die but get healed' is situationally nice in Raids, where you see a big hit coming. But am I missing something or is it just another cool down to use?Sosrey13 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 re: Holy what level What level is best for starting to play holy in 4.3Loneknight3 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Best stats for PvP? Hey, I'm retribution spec, and I'm wondering what would be the best stats on my equipment to have for example: -Haste rating -Critical strike rating etc... What would be the best to have for PvP? I'm staying at level 84 and have locked my experience. ThanksSoupface2 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Transmog back piece I am looking for a back piece that matches the paladin cataclysmic gear.Unicornslayr2 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 what does level tier gear mean. im new and did a lil research because i am building my toon. I've come a long way, and improved, but still not understanding game gear completely. what do people when they ask me, or tell me, to get tier 11 or tier 13 gear. i don't see it in game. do i need a high tier gear in order to raid and do the lfr. thanks for your help.Xcalizorz22 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 LFR Souldrinker vs. Mandible of Beth'tilac Which is better?Cornu2 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Arms Vs Ret for PvE I'm looking for a fun "in your face" pve class. Having both a warrior and pally at 85, I was hoping to get some info before I focus on gearing one up. For heroics and some raiding how does the Ret paladin stack up against an arms warrior? rotation, macros needed, DPS, ect Thanks for all your helpAngrypetz10 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 War + Rogue + ? for 3v3? I am looking for a viable comp to run with war/rogue/? . I've heard of War/Rogue/Rsham working well a few seasons ago. How about War/Rogue/Ret? Any suggestions are much appreciated :D.Myboyfriend1 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Any tips for my tanking gear and spec? Topic says it all, any advise would be awesome. I tied to balance dodge and parry but I just have so much parry...Movingwall1 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 H Bone link fetish or N Cache So H bone link fetish dropped this week and I got it, but I have N cache. I tried multiple tests and I can't decide which one is better, anyone have an idea?Equlas9 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 should i unlearn enchanting and level up BS? as i was leveling this toon, my first, i thought it be great to buff myself i did enchanting and alchemy. i unlearned alchemy and mining for the stamina. plus it makes decent gold. however, i see that alot if fellow paladins have BS for the bonuses. are the bonuses that important, or should i keep my professions. thanks for your time.Xcalizorz4 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Prot Valid for PVP? I am wondering if the protection spec is still valid for level 85 pvp. In my current bracket I do very well as a prot, and would like to know I will be able to still be prot when Im pvping at 85 By the way this will be my first 85, so I have very little knowledge of max level pvpCalebriwien13 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 New to tanking Just look over my gear, I know I need to get 65 mast to gloves, and shoulders. I also know I have a DPS drink and ring, but they actually work good for me. For some reason my dodge is freaking low.... I have resolve to add instead of the broach.. Just want some suggestionsQuickadin0 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Beta Ret Pallies! I have a few questions for you guys. Hopefully your answers will tide me over until I get on Beta!! Do you guys know if Pursuit of justice has been fixed so you run at 40% when at or above 3 holy power? How much does Flash of light heal for in comparison to Word of Glory? How is our mana regen? Is Selfless healer viable to use Flash after every 2 judgements? (mana-wise) Is Emancipation as costly to use as it sounds? (mana-wise) How much does Unbreakable spirit lower the CD of Divine Protection, Bubble and Lay on Hands? I am guessing it would take LoH to 50% reduction, Bubble to 30-40% reduction and Protection to 10-20% reduction. (based on the amount of GCDs available during their respective cooldowns) Well hopefully one of you guys out there has the answers! Thanks in Advance! I cant wait...Aulë6 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 New paladin with a few questions I am currently leveling my paladin to 85, in the hopes of making it my absolute permanent main, I just have a few questions: 1) How is the dps? How is the healing? 2) How is the survivability in pvp? 3) are the specs challenging? In other words, I don't wanna be spamming one move the entire time 4) overall, are they worth having as a permanent main? I am hoping to have my pally as my permanent main, I am enjoying it very much, I don't think I'll ever be switching to another class besides pally, please and thank you for the help :)Defiantly20 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Beacon of Light - suggestions for MoP When Beacon of Light was first instated back in WoTLK, I recall thinking the idea was somewhat cool at the time. Now, as we verge the bridge into Mists of Pandaria, and 2 expansions sitting with Beacon of Light, I've come to think of it as a fairly boring passive ability. While getting 2 heals for the price of 1 is somewhat interesting, it really does not take much skill to put a 5 minute spell on someone and feed off the extra healing. While Blizzard did make efforts to make it interesting in Cata with its holy power mechanic and in WoTLK with its 1 minute duration and necessity for constant refreshing, it's passive nature was unavoidable. Even on fights like heroic spine, the mechanic of Beacon of Light target swapping ultimately seems like a healing loss compared to a Holy Radiance rotation. With the new judgement lasting a minute now as well, Holy Paladins really have no cool downs to watch out for except Holy Shock, and even that has lost its value with the new Holy Radiance in 4.3. All other healing classes have some sort of significant cool down to watch. For Resto Druids you have Swiftmend and Wild Growth. For Resto Shamans you have Riptide and Healing Rain. And for Discipline Priests and Holy Priests you have Rapture and Penance, and Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending respectively. My ultimate point here, is that Holy Paladins are not only one of the least exciting healing classes to play, but are also very easy to manage in comparison to the other healing classes. My suggestion? To ultimately REMOVE the current Beacon of Light mechanic. This does not mean removing a strong tank healing ability from Holy Paladins, but merely removing Beacon's passive nature and giving Holy Paladins something to do other than Holy Radiance spamming, with a few Holy Shocks and Light of Dawns thrown in there. One suggestion I could make is similar to the mechanic Holy Paladins had back in WoTLK with the Sacred Shield ability, which I was personally a fan of, and was popular in the community I was lead to believe. Working with the current system, casting a Holy Light on the target could trigger a heal that, over time, heals for a percentage of the healing received from Holy Light, somewhat similar to the current Resto Druid's lifebloom mechanic. While my ideas are shotty, and probably months too late, I do strongly believe that Beacon of Light be reworked to remove its passive nature. I enjoyed my Holy Paladin a lot in the beginning of Cata, working to conserve my mana with judgement and wisely using my 30 sec cool down of Holy Radiance. But recently, I've just felt lackluster playing my holy paladin, and I think its because the class needs something more to focus on. While Beacon of Light has been around for 2 expansions now, I do believe that it's time for Holy Paladins to move on, and receive a more exciting, and less passive, healing mechanic. Thanks for your time! Feedback is appreciated!Cubes1 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Rets what is your DPS on Normal Maddness? I'm just curious if I need to pick up the slack or not. After the fight is over, I'm usually at 49k on the meters. I know there's the damage buff, so I wanna know how much you guys pull Thanks~ SolSolcaris19 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Would you recommended playing paladin? (NOTE: Im kinda in between choosing a few classes to rol as, so im asking this question in the sub forums that are applicable.) Im considering rolling a paladin for my instant 80 for my scroll of resurrection, but really would like the opinon of people who have played paladins before. Would you recommend somebody play a paladin right now? Or do you regret rolling one? Are they going to be borked in the expansion? please help as I dont really want to waste my insta 80 on the wrong class. thank you.Ajani4 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 LF Beacon of Light addon I'm looking for a good Beacon of light addon. I do not like BOLT because of its inaccuracies. I tried inputing it into PowerAuras and it works great unless I'm In a raid with another holy paladin. So If someone can tell me a way on how to make It work for powerauras or tell me another great addon I can use to track it. I would much appreciate it. NOTE: I do not like timers/bars. I'd perfer something that grabs my attention like a texture of some kind that pops up on my screen and yells at me REAPPLY BEACON. Well not like that but you get the idea. Timers/bars are not very conspicuous.Ashbringer8 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Gemming/reforging ret pvp I've got full ruthless gladiator gear and 1 cata shoulders (may not see it on my char needs char refresh), what should i gem and reforge? all strength gems?? and what bout reforging? Crit or Mast?Jagermester6 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Tank question First if any off you don't mind, it would be awesome if you'd check out my gear and give me any changes you'd make. Second, looking at the two trinkets I have now, I just won resolve of the undying(lfr). Would you replace one of my trinkets with it?Repentthysin2 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Ret Arena UI Hi Paladin forum-goers! I'm a holy avenger and I love Ret PvP. I consider myself to be a very skilled duelist and an all-around decent PvPer. However I fear that my UI is greatly holding me back in arenas, particularly in 3s (inb4 "trip dps hurrr", this team is more about broship than serious competitiveness). Currently I'm using Grid + Clique for throwing out heals and HoFs, even though I know that clicking anything is a no-no to succeed in arena. Can anyone suggest some decent add-ons for off-heals and/or maybe some keybind advice to manage and direct heals more efficiently? Currently in the time it takes to target and throw a heal, I'm losing valuable Crusader Strike uptime which gimps both my damage and.healing output. Any and all suggestions appreciated.Sespen1 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 Ret weapon question For pve what is better my 397 cata pvp weapon with weapon chain or lfr Gurth with landslide? Doing target dummies it seems the pvp is coming out ahead but it might just be unlucky procs on Gurth. What say you guys?Raineman4 Apr 13, 2012
Apr 13, 2012 prot pvp in mop do you think it will be viable? i wana level a prot paladin but not if im gona be useless endgame :(Wentzelitis21 Apr 13, 2012