Paladin

Dec 6, 2011 Madness of Deathwing and Ret During half the encounter when Nozdormu is up my CS is at i think 3.05, at that point, should i just being using one filler?Livenn1 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Holy PvP - A newbie So I am developing a PvP set as a holy pally for next season and I have some questions: What is the priority system for holy? How often do you use holy light vs. flash of light? When do you use Divine Light? What Macros are CRUCIAL as a PvP holy pally? Is it bad to cast? I heard that less casting is better to negate any interrupts that would lock you out of healing. Sorry for being a noob:) Any pro-tips that you have to offer for survivability as well would be extremely helpful. Thanks for your help in advance!Rédickulas3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Needing a little help. I've been doing some studying lately trying to get a better understanding of my class. I understand that I need a hit cap of 8% and an Expertise rate of 26. Then on top of that I need a combat rateing of 102.4. Where I'm confused is how am i suppose to get all of that on top of everything else? I've socketed my gear accordingly (least I think I have!) I'm still no closer to getting those set points! Any help would be nice. thanks! Justhoradin2 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Question about ret and 4.3 So, I was slowly leveling this guy pre 4.3 and considering making him my new main. Then I read that people thought Ret was over because of a lack of burst, at least PvP wise. However, has that been true? I really like the paladin so far, and they seem like a lot of fun at 85, but how are they shaping up? 4.3 kill ret? I mainly enjoy PvP btw. Thanks.Gidion3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Blessing of Might change in MoP Blessing of Might now grants mastery, rather than attack power and mana regen. What do you guys think about that?Rahhwasz2 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Blinding Light - what happened to it? I remember waiting to read the cataclysm skills that paladins got and one of them was "Blinding Light" or something to that effect. It required a shield equipped, was casted, and blinded (or dazed) up to 4 targets around you. What happened to it? Did Blizzard not bring it up and dropped it like they did with Starcraft:Ghost? Merrell16 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 How long until ret is nerfed... So, I started trying out ret with the new patch. My immediate reaction was "Wow, how long until ret gets nerfed?" No offense to Blizzard, but it's really pretty annoying that they can't get things to work somewhat properly with their first change. I mean, I'd argue that ret was right in the middle of the pack for damage prior to the patch - I was comfortable with that. We already have a ton of versatility - an amazing interrupt and amazing defensive cooldowns. So, after trying out our new buffs, it's absolutely ridiculous. Sure, they removed my ability to toss out a free AoE healing ability as an instant cast while running ret, but cripe, the damage retribution pulls at this point is borderline ridiculous. I'm running in like 376 ilvl retribution gear and I'm simply destroying other classes who are decked out in 391 heroic gear - both single target and AoE. It's not even close. I've tried running the new dungeons, the old dungeons, and everything in between - retribution simply makes everything look like a complete joke at this point. It's just frustrating that Blizzard seems to always either overnerf or overpower something. Try to get it right the first time, hey? Isn't that what the PTR is for?Assura19 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Best transmorg set for Horde Prot Pally What's your favorite set for a Horde Prot Paladin? I just finished mine! http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=45381:45382:45383:45384:45385:49303:46014:16952:40700:45988 Belt's seem to the the hardest slot to find something that fits. I wish we could get the Alliance only PvP weapon, damn that's a sweet sword. Now if I can find a set that works with http://www.wowhead.com/item=32375 ....Sedrea10 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Help, everyone is dead and I'm OOM!!! Hi all, With the release of the new patch and new dungeons I have tried my hand at healing them and so far everyone seems to die way too quicly for my heals to land or do any significant healing before they get damage again. I am judging every minute now, HS on cool down, LOD or WOG when able depending on circumstance, HR when possible or situation depends on it (sometimes with melee heavy groups) and HL/DL. FoL if im in trouble. I do realise that me gear it yet to be upgraded and enchanted. Is my gear is what is holding me back in these circumstances (OOM and heals) or is it operator error? And now at these levels am i looking to use DL as a spammer or just during damage heavy stages?Sunadra5 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 dont get HoW crit change Ok.... i understand the % to crit with HoW was changed from 60% down to 6%.... BUT i hear ppl constantly complaining that now when HoW crits.... its critting for 15 or low 20k crits..... I am wondering if they mean by "now its only critting for 15 or 20k more less crit" that before when HoW was 60% crit chance they were able to hit harder....... AND HERE is my question/problem...... doesnt crit % increases the CHANCE to crit...... i didnt know that the more crit % you have.... the harder those crits hit...... am i a noob for asking this..... or are ppl complaining because HoW its only not critting as often as it use to before 4.3 ? Help... BTW... my main is a pally but that acc is banned from forums so gotta post on this one.Nephilinn5 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 tranmorg Hi all, I'm a little late to get started on the whole transmorg wave. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a set that looks good for h pally, that is relatively easy to come by. Thanks in advanceMyrian3 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Switching prot to holy If I were to switch my prot gear for holy right now, with absolutely no piece of holy gear, what do I do first? How can I obtain holy gear without already progressing as holy right this moment?Shimmerxx6 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 clcinfo protection import? I wanted to start playing my protection paladin again, but I'm rusty on the rotation, etc. and was wondering if there is a simple way to get clcinfo setup for protection? Do I need an import (link?) or should the built-in work fine? I tried making a template, but other than the main holy charge bar showing up I'm not seeing the other icons I would expect like the old clcret.Dlish0 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Legs and boots to match my xmog set I can't find any D: I really don't want to wear the dress legs that go with this tier so... Any help?Maandrix0 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Is a ranged-attack paladin possible? Just to learn more about the class, I was wondering if it's possible to create a viable paladin build focusing primarily on ranged attacks. Which talent tree would be best? Is one of the standard AOE builds the only reasonable approach? Thanks for the feedback!Zodor9 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 2pc t13 bonus -PROT LOL SORRY - Hmmm.... don't think i'm a fan of this one lolVideli13 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Gearing for Healing [Holy Pally] So I've been running the new 5mans pretty frequently, and some of the quest rewards were cloth-based spirit/healing gear. There wasn't any mastery on it, so I figured that even though I'm not of the same armor class, that it would work to my benefit to replace some 346's with this cloth 378's. Is there any reason to not use this? Or am I hindering myself using cloth in some unknown aspect that I'm not aware of. IE: Using anything other than your armor class gives you less usage of the stats on the armor.Remadin5 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Gear help What should I start working towards my gear? What pieces of gear should I look to replace? Should I get any other pieces of the Immolation set? Thanks in advance. *I enchanted most of my un-enchanted gear, armory not updating*Gilric6 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Dear Blizz, please make slippy hammy Since HoW was nerfed hard, any chance the GCD can be removed from it? At least we can then use it as supplemental dmg.Jacklynbauer0 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Ret spec and rotation i am setting up a ret spec and would like to know a good spec and rotation please helpRitchey2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 how do you...? how might i kill two healadins in PvP standing right next to each other while using their instant cast stuff to heal so that i can't interrupt and using judgement (or whatever they do now) to keep their mana from going below 90%? These were fully FL geared healadins tooShadowdog2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 The return of bubble hearth The Last Relic of Argus Can be used in combat, cast time shorter than the duration of the bubble. Yeah, 12 hours cooldown and send you in the middle of nowhere, but it works and it's hilarious the whispers you can get.Stoutfist10 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Kings + Might in 5 mans Which is better to use for yourself as a Holy paladin if there isn't a druid or other paladin there? In a 5 man dungeon group. I'm gearing up quickly but still want good mp5 so I don't go OOM. What's the best one?Net10 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Why I love the new Holy Radiance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIwZpiV_L28 Revika2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Tauren paladin gear for 4.3? Anyone know any paladin gear that looks good on tauren? After looking at everything, I am probably just going to go full tier 12 except the helmet. Anyone have any other ideas?Moomaul10 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Tier 13 for pvp? Anyone notice the 2 piece bonus for the ret set for Tier 13? It grants you a holy power when you use judgement. sounds pretty amazing to me. Anyone think this is a good idea to use for arenas?Jojoboskiez1 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Need prot advice Well, yesterday i did the last 2 bosses in siege (raid finder). Though I know 25 man bosses hit hard, I couldn't help but feel squishy, constantly worrying when the next heal will come. But I think the problem is not gear wise, but rather stat wise. Reforging some items may fix this, So im asking if someone could tell me what should I aim for? right now im sitting at 48.74% block 15.12% dodge 18.15% parry What should my stats look like in comparison? Thanks in advance Junemarquis1 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Any help please would be appreciated ^^ I was wondering if any of the pro prot paladins could look over my gear and tell me if im reforging/stating/gemming right. I feel really squishy and just wanna make sure im getting this down right cause I really enjoying tanking. I can hold threat fine, I just feel like I die REALLY easy.Klútch4 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Ret Pallys Whats a good ret spec and whats the stat priorty for rets as well? Trying to do some ret dps on my pally but not sure what to reforge into and what the start pr's areShadownova12 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Looking for matching cloak for Transmog Currently grinding for the Paladin Vengeful Gladiator set to have the red version of Lightbringer for dps spec but looking for a cloak to match up with it. http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=33749:33750:33751:33752:33753:33911:33909:46874 On my Lightbringer set I use Night's End which color tones match near perfect to the armor. Sadly no Red verision of it. Any suggestions?Mexz0 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Pvp ret question about duelin and priority I can't win any duel as a ret paladin because I never have an opportunity to zealotry because im usually needing to spend my holy power charges on word of glory. Another question or two is; 1) What do you spend your first 3 holy charges on during a fight, putting inquistion up, zealotry or templar verdict right off the bat? 2) What damaging spell do I use as a filler well crusader strike and judgement are on cooldown? I currently am using Holy wrath. Should I change this? What do you use? Auyu1 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Holy Paladin PvP questions Hey I was wondering what would better ? Heartsong or Powertorrent for rbgs and arena? Another one I was curiosu about was 54 Int + 3 % crit or the 54 Int + 10 Silence less duration? Also what is our main stats for this patch ? would be stackin crit like before or maybe haste ? or are we gonna stack a lot of spirit due our new mechanic with judgement once a minuteEzkieo2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Judgement Timer #showtooltip /cast [@focus, exists, nodead] [] Judgement /stopwatch 60; /script Stopwatch_Play() Judges focus, or current target if no focus, and starts a 1 minute timer that you can move around on your screen. Hope it helps someone.Stompadin1 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Switching to Ret Paladin for PVP I'm thinking about switching from holy to ret for PVP, so I'll have some diversity between pve and pvp. I don't have ANY ret gear or know anything about ret in the least, because while I've done both holy and prot a decent bit, I've never once specced ret. 1.How the heck do I play ret in pvp 2. What do I spec 3. What kind of gear am I even looking for 4. And how should I acquire starting gear? I've got about 2k honor and 2k gold, some holy pve/pvp gear that's alright, and I think a set of crafted 346 prot gear in my bank, although I'm not positive. I'd rather not spend ages grinding in holy but instead get started with ret now-ish. Know what I mean?Aberuk33 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 playstyle of a paladin. Im thinking of making a ret pally or a prot pally. How does their rotation work in pvp and pve alike? What skills wouldi open up with and chain with? Assuming im around level 30 or 40.Rizadon8 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 ctc help Allright guys, in this gear with 90 mastery food im sitting at 93.32 ctc. Can i gem to hit ctc cap? I have a brawler trink too but it only raises my ctc by 1 point and I like to look cool sitting on 183,000 health while standing around in org. Advice?Skintintin2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Auto Assist help I main a holy pally and before the patch I would be targeting the tank and then use Judgement and it would automatically hit the target he was attacking. Now it doesn't work, I use Judgement and it just stays on the tank. I can't figure out how to change it back, can anyone help?Banewulf0 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 To my fellow paladins I know bliz gives us a hard time.I played the horridness of a retpally during BC when ouer PVP gear was the only spec with no res and less str/stam then wars.Ouer burst nerf sucks and we still have no roots/snares.Overall tho i still have a great deal of fun playing this toon and if you are really down aboout your toon just go look at the state of warriors now.Join a BG or LF 1 around Tolebarad and LOL beat him down without even trying.In short we do have ouer flaws but there are worse classes out there.So go out there and enjoy what you have.GLThanose4 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 blood knight rank? so i was reading the WoWWiki about blood knights and it says the first rank (initiate) starts at lvl 12... so i lvled to 12 and was wondering, do i have to talk to someone to start a quest or there's no quest? Thank you.Diversebelf1 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 I Lost Control And Learned To Love Freedom As the saying goes we do not know what we got until it is gone and it is the same case with me concerning the Holy Radiance change. As with most of you, I am still adjusting to the recent changes. I did not realize until 4.3 how much I used HR as a speed boost and instant heal for my group in PVP. What I have come to terms with is my loss for this speed boost. I have always used HR as a way to catch my enemies. Now I only have Long Arm of the Law to help me catch up. This is seriously problematic in BGs and I find myself on the "outskirts" of the combat zone healing more than I should be Retributin'. Here is my problem: I attack a hunter. In this time I tend to try and do a stun/burst for maximized damage on the initial attack. What happens with any good hunter is he stuns me. I use Every Man for Himself to escape. He slows me. I cast Hand of Freedom and judgement to catch up. Now at this point I either kill him OR the most likely scenario is he stuns me again and escapes, only to slow me and kill me as all my "freedom options" are on cooldown. Help Me I absolutely love playing as a retribution paladin. What I absolutely despise is the lack of movement control. I have one short "sprint" option, one freedom of movement option, and one freedom of stun option all tied to different cooldowns. So for each scenario I have the ability to escape, but just once. This is a problem when most classes have multiple slow/stun options. Can anyone advise me on optimal strategies to getting my paladin around? Once I am on someone I can hit like a truck, but getting there seems to be most cases of my death.Dazarek2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Reforge around trinket proc's? Ok, so I have been looking and wonder, Is it worth my while to reforge around a trinket proc? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Decus/advanced Here is my character link. With the trinkets I have equip when the mastery proc goes off I am so far over the 102.4% CTC that its not even funny, so much wasted stat. Is it more "valuable" for me to gem/reforge more avoidance and bank on the proc? Currently with the mastery proc alone I'm sitting around 130%ish CTC Any thought's or theory craft input would be nice. ThanksDecus3 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 shoulder upgrade? currentley im using Immolation Shoulderguards i just got my tier token from normal DS and was thinking about getting Shoulderguards of Radiant Glory but i loose a TON of mastery which would take me below CTC cap (with buffs of course) should i just hang on to it till i get a two piece or just use those as is? OR just use the token to upgrade my ret shoulders (ilvl 359)Kahn1 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 ret trinks broach vs essence? So I just picked up the Varo'then's Brooch, and I was wondering 2 things. 1st is it better than the essence? On one hand its passive str and a mastery proc, on the other I wouldn't be able to line it up with my CDs like I do with the essence. So which is better? Also, does the on use effect do any damage? Or is it just for show?Darthelmet0 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 @ Lobster Since your one of the VERY few rets I agree with 95%ish of the time how do you feel ret is at this point in time? BTW your PVP gear looks sexy as I stalk your armory :PTerman21 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 2pc pve is LOVELY. But kinda sucks! For pvp. Because I have to give up ~400 or so resil JUST to be viable. Make it baseline. Get rid of hammer of wings (leave it only for execution only).Oldestguy3 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 Apparatus: Crit or Mastery 4.3 PVP? I really liked this trinket in 4.2 and had it chained to my Ruthless on use trinket for massive burst. Once the stacks built I was getting 68K crits on Exo and in the 55K range on HoW and TV if I could stay on the target. The one issue with Apparatus was that it did take awhile to build up those 5 stacks With 4.3 I dont know what to think. -Should I still be chaining it for massive burst with a Crit bias spec? -Should I reforge to a Mastery bias and keep it chained? -Should I leave it in my burst down macro and use the static Ruthless on use trinket I had become so reliant on HoW in PVP, now I can't finish off anyone and am not seeing the big hits on TV and CS or even J Very confused as there is a matrix of optionsAgincourt5 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 New trinket questions Not sure how many of us got a hold of Rosary of Light or Varo'then's Brooch but, Was gonna ask how we felt about these trinkets, and if they were upgrades at all to t12 raid trinkets, like Essence, or Apparatus (I have both of those, and picked up the Rosary last night) Comments, suggestions, taco?Duskdagger9 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 Open Libram VIII: Turkey Edition ... Open Libram I: Paladin Weekend Edition - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593006540 Open Libram II: Seal of Hairflip - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082210160 Open Libram III: Clad in the Light - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229374440 Open Libram IV: Edge (Word) of Glory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3280533103 Open Libram V: Of Flipping Tables and Hair - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3393370106 Open Libram VI: My Little Pally - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430807753 Open Libram VII: Hammer of What - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3565946839?page=25 Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg I had to do it. HAD TO REMIND YA'LL WHO'S PAPA. But seriously, very good news coming up soon.Practical500 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 Maybe it's just the Radiohead and the rain I've never really had a chance to play endgame BC or raid in Wrath, so the Blood Elf lore is only found from the various wikis. But Blood Elf Paladins just totally destroyed what it means to be a Paladin as the traditional stereotype of goodie twoshoes etc etc yay! They're priests in plate that will wreck your *%@#. Blood Elves didn't have warriors; their warriors were Paladins. (It is just the Spinning Plates) I've rolled a Blood Elf rogue and it's just not...feeling right. I want a shield and I want Quel'Serrar and I want the Triptych Shield of the Ancients and I want some Exorcism in your effing face. Hell call me a masochistic but I leveled 1-83ish as shockadin. I'm Ret now and hell I love being an elf girl that throws a hammer that cracks your spine and tops the damage charts. RAAAAAA And come on. Let's face it. Although elves have always been the chick ranger types (yay female empowerment?) the shooting animation for Belf Hunters is....well. I don't like it. Maybe you have different opinions. Casters? PSAH Blood Elves, healing casting animation in full plate with shield > any of your ball tickling! What I originally mean to say is: When I think Blood Elf, I think Paladin. And I'm alright with that. No other class has such a unique history with the race. Do you guys support the Blood Elf Paladin thing? What other classes do you see defining the different races of Warcraft? ps blizz gifs us droodsThaala12 Dec 4, 2011
Dec 4, 2011 Levitate + Crusader Strike = very silly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjR8XjxNZIM Levitate seems bugged right now. When somebody is levitated their legs don't move. It's making some really weird animations. o_ODemocles5 Dec 4, 2011