Paladin

Apr 24, 2012 Need help building the ultimat Pally Simply, what race would be best.Illvatu4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Hpal and spirit Hey guys Any hpals out there try experimenting with stacking spirit as opposed to int?? I've been looking into some of the top raided hpals and noticed a lot are stacking spirit? So far I've tried using int+spirit gems instead of straight int, and favour spirit where I can without missing gem bonuses, and have heartsong on my weapon now. I haven't played around enough with it to determine what is best, but its nice to see my mana fill up so fast when their is downtimeSarem19 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Trying to decide Heal or Tank? Title says it all, im having a tough time trying to decide what i wanna stick with as a healer or a tank.. at my current level i have decent enough gear to get away with switching back and forth betqween the 2, but as i quickly am approaching max level im kinda stuck becuase i love both specs... kinda leaning more towards a healer but i love the instant ques as a tank, seems there not so instant with a healer. Anyone wanna share any stories on how and why they picked what spec they play.Justuras8 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 ret pally pvp arena Sup guys go check out bohicatv - gellats ret pal pvp part 1 and 2 on youtube will be puting up guides to ret pallys, Macros what to gem what gear you want to be getting and what to reforge into =D also can make guides with Rated BGs arenas and duels vs specific classes and specs. please like and subscribe and comment on what you guys would like to see. 2.2k ret pally S9 S10 gonna go for 2.2k for this season very soon so will have vids up of that =)Gellats0 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 I LOVE MY PALLY just about to be 85 and loving my pally dont know if i will be tank healer or dps probably healer any recomendations on rotation specs glyphs gear etc?? thxMasonpally3 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Ret pally pvp help So I've been really enjoying ret pvp and I was really destroying people at 60-70, but now I've been finding that even after I pop ever cool down I have and get 3 stacks of holy power, my Templars Verdict hits for like 150-700 damage against people with 14k+ health. I'm really not sure what happened or what I can do to fix this, so any help would be great.Cailen4 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 trinket trouble. So I love indom pride and now I've got a decision to make. I won the 403 Resolve of the undying in 10 man. Now I know for a fact I'll use the Resolve for more melee heavy fights. But I'm not exactly sure what fights to switch it out. I know Gunship. Anyone got suggestions on when they would use either or?Repentthysin5 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Pally Pros I'm no pro (at all) to WoW but was looking to roll a Pally as an alt for days when I feel like playing something a little different then my hunter. What are some of the pros and cons of rolling a Pally? Thanks ahead for leaving your feedback and taking the time to check out this post. -OSANIOsani6 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Tanking issues Well Im trying to figure out why im taking such a beating in H's especially in zul'gurub.... I dont know if its my tanking gear... and quite frankly it seems like all of the healers are having to put in alot of effort to heal me... I dont know if its because im not popping cooldowns enough or what... any tips?Eyeofanangel10 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Ret paladin pvp since my character is on the verge ofbeing level 85 in minutes, i would like to know what are the best times to se holy power for? for example do i choose templars verdict just as a general ability to use when at 3 holy power, or should i save it for when my partner or i might get low and use wog?Kekiashi1 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Rolling a new Paly after LONG break from WoW and I got just a couple Q?s (Yes, I see the stickies, and their AWESOME and thank you, please continue :) ) When I played paly 3 or 4 years ago (I know right?) Ret was the leveling spec. Unless you wanted to search for instances the whole time as prot, and there were some painful lvl gaps too, you went Ret. But... I don't see any guide for that? Is prot the new leveling tree then? If so, how is Prot for soloing? And PvPing while leveling? Or do you just power level through a string of better connected instances until you get at least past 30? I was also shocked to find my seal's have 30 minute duration O.o and then Judging didn't burn em either O.O I see I have a whole new system to learn here. Considering Seal management seemed to be the whole thing you did before I'm not even sure what it's gonna be like nao :D This holy power mechanic sounds awesome though. Sure I'll have questions about how to best use that for different roles later :P This isn't my boost to 80 either... I did a druid for that :P THAT changed a lot too, but I digress. I really want to learn my paly inside and out as I level it up :)Rônin6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 How are paladins in PvP atm? I need some opinions as i might make a paladin alt.Daveski6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 RET help needed. Hey all, I am just getting back into RET for the first time. I ran a DS10 with my guild last night and my DPS was -abysmal-. I averaged at about 25k? I don't know whether it's my gear, or I'm doing something wrong with my rotation. This is only my second day back as RET and all the DS gear you see on me was offspec rolls from my MS (Holy). If any RETs could toss me a few pointers on our rotation that'd be amazing. I am popping GoaK for ten seconds to let the stacks build up, then popping zealotry/inquisition/wings. Also, I know I should ditch the PvP gear. As I said, only my second day back as RET, so I'm working on the gear. The rest of my EXP cap and that last bit of hit will come with the new gear. Any tips? Comments? I'm open, please.: )Alandan11 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Greetings fellow Rets Hello all. Im leveling this ret pally to 85, and I just wanted to get some input from other fellow Rets as far as level 85 dps. Are we competative dps? I know we dont top charts, but Im I was just curious as to how we compare to other classes?Savnok5 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 What classes are impossible to beat? Just wondering what classes does a pally no matter the spec will not beat, I am thinking frost mages and dks?Mootator11 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 WoG 2's partner macro? help me :DBasicz6 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Admitting I was wrong. I was 1 of the loud voices when the talent trees came out that screamed about the idea of blizzard just getting lazy and not wanting us to have a lot of choices for our spec in game. As Mists got closer and beta hadn't come out but more info did, I softened my position to the point of "I'll wait and see and give it a chance" Well I got my Beta invite today and wow... I'm sorry Blizzard, I was wrong. I've only played this guy so far but the Prot paladin set up is great. More damage, more damage absorbion, and always having something I can cast. As prot we can charge up to 5 holy power (but still only have to use 3) so Right shield is up at full power more often, and can trigger a free use the way ret gets templar's Verdict. Ok so I know I'm geeking out a bit here but after running a couple randoms to test things out I have to say, if nothing changes and Blizz doesn't screw Prot paladins over between now and release, it is going to be fun to be a tank again.Soulrage8 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Holy Paladin, what should be the main gear? OK, after Intell should I build Spirt and Haste? How much should each be capped at? Is Crit no longer as important. Took a break from wow for about a year and trying to learn the new ways. Thanks.Hungster3 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 I want to start PVP but I barely make enough gold to buy resilience gear in gold do I just go ahead and queue and save up Honor for some decent pvp gear or what?Vomlir25 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 I am the best Every BG, I manage to outperform every other player on my team and the opposing team. I top HK's, I have zero deaths and my heals are a blessing from the gods themselves. Where is your God now?Watermelynn28 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Ret Help Please Hi. I just recently started playing my ret pally again -who I haven't played with since the end of Wrath- and I am really having a hard time understanding the new rots and powers. Now I read that ret PvE guide in the forums, but to be honest I really didn't understand it too much (I've been gone from pallies that long). I've been practicing on the dummys to try and get back into the rhythm, but its not happening. I can't seem to get enough of the holy power fast enough, and even when I do get 3 power charges and use TV, it doesn't seem to do that much damage, unless it glowing. And with CS having that -for me at least right now- 4.26 sec cd, I'm not doing any damage outside it, except for my auto attack, until it hit 3 charges and I can use TV. So what am I doing wrong; cause I know I have to be doing SOMETHING wrong cause right now I am just not getting it. I really want to get back to playing my pally cause it was my main toon during Wrath and I thoroughly loved it. So if a seasoned Cata ret can gives me some advice or tell me what I'm doing wrong I would really, REALLY appreciate it. Thanks. P.S. If you a snarky/troll comment to make please go somewhere else, cause I'm trying to get real help here.Vakka11 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 [Video] Mists of Pandaria Paladin Talent Tree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLsXWhGBmc&feature=youtu.be Hello again brother Paladins, I come to you from the MoP Beta with a full demonstration of our entire pre-level 90 talent tree. This is from a Retribution perspective but as the talents are not specc specific, Prot and Holy Paladins can use my video to help them decide of how they'd like to build in Mists of Pandaria. Hope you enjoy! Feedback is of course always appreciated.Vindicare10 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Noob Ret Pally to WoW,someone please help me? Hey everyone I'm relatively new to the game, just hit lvl cap 2 days ago. I'm mainly focused on PvP. I've started with the crafted PvP gear and slowly replacing them with honor gears. Obviously I get my butt kicked all the time at BG and I really can't complaint about that due to the fact that I am poorly geared. My question is what could I do to improve my poor dps at BG, what kind of gem/enchant should I be getting once I've replaced my crafted pvp gear with honor gear. Or just how to be a better pvper in general. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my noob question lol.Kostanza2 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Calling out Dallon of Cho'gall! I was checking out your armory today and saw that you still have blue quality gems in your boots. Just letting you know. Have a good one.Hastega23 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Pally FC Spec Im playing around with gems and enchants wanting to give FC a shot. Does anyone have a link to the best viable prot pally FC spec? Also top Glyphswhat I have now from months and months ago- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Alkal%C3%ADne/talent/secondaryAlkalíne4 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Looking to boost my dps. Alright, so I have pretty good gear, I use clcret.....yet self buffed I can pull a little over 30k on a target dummy. Is that right? It just seems low to me for having heroic gear. Then in raids on fights like heroic zonozz I'm pulling overall 36k. Heres our log for tonights raid...... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ltj40uelanjyoh4n/details/6/ Basically if you see anything wrong in my rotation or anything I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.Miraka24 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 need some help The sticky guide 4.1 raiding ret says this the stat weight (Current reforging priority is as follows:Hit to cap (8.00%) > Expertise to cap (16 + GoSoT) > Mastery > Crit > Haste). So do we still go for 8% hit, and exp cap of 16 and then go for mast? Thanks for the help. Also if there is a good guide to follow can you link it pz.Belra5 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Does Eye for an Eye reduce damage taken? Or does it do what I think it does and just provides extra Damage?Hippoli6 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Elixers/Potions? stats for low level Can someone tell me what elixers/potions are good for a low level retribution paladin? Level 19 -TYSinfang2 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Ret PvP talent choices Heyyo, I'm just getting back into the game after a brief absence, and I've never really PvP'd all that much. So I started grinding for gear, and I'm having a hell of a good time. My question is in my spec I put 3 points into Divinity, but is it more beneficial to take those points and put them in Last Word? Thanks in advanceHohammer3 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Ret or DK in mop? What seems to be looking better for mop? I enjoy playing both, but would like to make one of them my main. I enjoy both pvp and pve, and I'm a casual player (which is why I'd like to only focus on one from now on)Tethel5 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Dodge HOJ Simply can it be dodged / parried / avoided by a feral druid. In 2's today went to hoj him and for some reason it became on cooldown but the feral was not stunned it was in the open so it couldn't have been d/r to the point he was immune, he was night elf but I was under the assumption it couldn't be dodged. thanksGubonjajado13 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Blackhorn 10H healing tips Hi all We're starting H Blackhorn today and I was looking for some pro tips for healing (especially P2). Any special handling for Consuming Shroud, especially when it overlaps Disrupting Roar? What boss % do you start chaining cooldowns? Positioning tricks that make things easier?Lusignan1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Open Libram XXIV: The Pandarian Candidate ... Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4365746973 Open Libram on Pageface: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/ Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548 --- get to postin', pally people.Martana500 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 22, 2012 Okay to... use a pvp sword to tank? or no? Character is EliphasleviiEaston1 Apr 22, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Brutal Gladiator's Shield Wall vs Redoubt I'm twinking on my paladin at level 70 for a bit, and I'm not sure if I should go with Brutal Gladiator's Shield Wall or Brutal Gladiator's Redoubt for the extra stam. I'll be doing mostly BGs but a few arenas here and there. Does the extra int really matter that much compared to the stamina and resil plus? :|Sentenial2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Bring back DI I'm sorry, but I just don't see why take away DI from Paladins... If you don't know what DI is / was, it's called Divine Intervention. You place a bubble on an ally target sacrificing yourself to save the raid or party or w/e the case may be. I love how extremely helpful it was just placing on an ally that can rez and BAM! we save ourselves from running back or hassle. So I hope Blizz would bring back DI for the new Expansion.Against8 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Criticism please. Yesterday, I did DS 3/8 H and the rest Normal mode. What can I do to improve my DPS as a Ret. I did die in a couple of boss fights, which I know it would hinder DPS: N Warlord. H Ultrax(I fail at big button lol). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6tw4hibwsoapx9pn/Péách4 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 ANYONE FROM BLIZZARD PLZ RESPOND TO THIS!!!!! First, i thank you(Blizzard) for what u have done to ret in MoP thats really cool, and i give u credit for that. but blizzard seriously, i really love HoTR because it deals damage as "Holy"damage rather than weapon damage only, and the way that DS it deals "holy damage" but why did u made it a 3 holy power finish for AOE, now u made us less valuable in pvp situations, we can not get rogues/ferals out of stealth, every class , EVERY CLASS CAN DO AN AOE ABILITY to get rogues out and ferals, but we cant, PLZ make divine storm cost no HOLY power and don't let it share CD with CS, its just ridicules or at-least give us a new ability that deals aoe damage for PVP situations.Wdrggd1 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 ret viable for MoP is it? i miss playing ret but all ive heard is that its broken or something to that effect. is it any better in MoP? for pvp and/or pve?Macloven10 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 ret rotation help please!!! hey guys, i need help! i got kicked out of a dungeon and im sure its because of either my gear or my rotation. my rotation is the same as the one they have on maxdps so i dont know what im doing wrong. any help would be very helpful. but no bashing please. thanks all.Zareyn2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Ret Pallys Haste or Crit? What do u think would be best? I cant deciedMeilp12 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Holy Paladin Intellect Stacking - Yay or nay? Heyoo! I'm a scrubadin healer, looking for some quick advice as to if stacking Intellect (Bar armor Spirit, I mean as in terms of rings/trinkets/cloaks/necklaces/etc.) Thanks so much in advance for offering advice/feedback/trash-talking, it means a lot for this ol' fart. <3Katesli2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Holy PvP Spirit I'm going to start building a Holy PvP set. How much should I focus on Spirit? There seems to be a decent amount of Spirit v. secondary stats choices to make.Serusky3 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Opening on Boss Hello all -- I usually do my own research on my classes and try not to rely on posting redundant questions. I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere. I am still unclear about the opening on a boss. I understand you need to pop GoAK right out of the gate and let him/her get rolling on the stacks. After 10 seconds, you pop wings, Zealotry, pots, and trinks to take advantage of the more stacks from GoAK. All CDs and GoAK will sync up and end at the same time. My question is, since you are supposed to pop Zeal and wings together, do you realistically have enough time to get 3 HP (for the Zeal) in 10 sec (given that DP doesn't proc)? Granted my gear is not great now and don't have the T13 2P bonus to get HP faster (this must have been an issue before T13). What about Inquisition? Do you wait for your 3 HP to throw Inq (together with Zeal) up (again, given DP doesn't proc)? That would mean significant downtime, thus a dps loss.Exemplar12 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Help me out here! Alright aside from the blue shoulders, and my cloak what else do I need to do in order to maximize dps. Just being self-buffed with no food or any other kind of buffs I am doing 18k on the dummy. It just doesn't seem right, although it could be for all I know...Agwyne13 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 [Revolutionary Idea] Crusader Strike Synergy I recently just came back to the game, but I've been reading up on Beta forums and watching videos on Paladin Gameplay, and keeping up with the very latest of imformation corncerning the direction. I hope this recieves constructive criticism that is both productive and inducive of good progression for the class as a whole. One of the biggest things with Paladins is the lack of synergy between attacks. Every Ability is a cooldown , not instrinsically connected to one ability or another. What I am proposing is to allow crusader strike to be the candidate ability for allowing synergy between seals. Original Crusader Strike 11% Base Mana Melee Range Instant Cast 4.5 sec cooldown Requires Melee Weapon An Instant Strike that causes 100% weapon Damage...... I am proposing a system where Crusader Strike will change depending on which seal the Paladin has active. New Crusader Strike Crusader Strike 11% Base Mana Melee Range Instant Cast 4.5 sec cooldown Requires Melee Weapon An Instant Strike that causes 100% weapon DAMAGE. Crusader Strike changes depending upon which Seal is active. (refer to Seal tooltips ) When a Paladin has Seal of Truth Active .. Causes Paladin's Crusader Strikes at 5 stack of censure to reduce the holy Power cost of Divine storm by 1. Stackable 3 times .When A paladin has Seal of Inight Active.. Causes Paladin's Crusader Strikes to heal a nearby ally for 20% of damage caused. When A Paladin has Seal of Righteousness Active.. Causes a Paladin's Crusader Strikes to hit another nearby enemy for 50% of Damage caused. When a Paladin has Seal of Justice Active... Causes a Paladin's Crusader Strikes to root enemy in place for 3 seconds. This is a relatively Simple concept but can diversely impact ret gameplay in a positive light that is both fun and balanced. I will allow for the repost of this in other forums, as this is only for the improvement of the Paladin Class. If someone wants to post this in Beta forums you have my permission to do so. Lightaura1 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Paladin PVP help!! Hey guys! I just want to ask if anyone has any pvp advice for a paladin, I have no pvp gear(cept shoulders) as you can see. Any good place to start? Help me out!Jäck3 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 For Ret in MoP Can Retribution Paladin still use Avenging Wrath and be able to use Hammer of Wrath regardless of health on the target?Aellah4 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Caps for holy paladins. I was just wondering what the caps are for holy paladins, and what kind of stats i should be raising.Hêro0 Apr 20, 2012